Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Jaipur Boucheron for women

Jaipur Boucheron for women
dislike

Jaipur Boucheron for women Pictures Jaipur Boucheron for women Pictures Jaipur Boucheron for women Pictures

This is a legendary and exotic feminine perfume. Jaipur invites you to discover mystic and enchanted Orient. The bottle is shaped as a bracelet which is considered a lucky charm in Rajastan. This rich floral bouquet with sweet fruity notes was created in 1994. It starts with sweet notes of juicy plum, apricot and peach with a hint of violet and then it becomes a fresh floral accord of rose, locust-tree, heliotrope and peony. In the sensual, powdery trace there are gentle accords of iris, white musk and sandalwood. Jaipur was created by Sophia Grojsman and Jean-Pierre Mary.

Plum Peach Apricot Pineapple Freesia

Peony Carnation Black locust Orchid Rose Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood Amber Musk Benzoin Vanilla Heliotrope Virginia Cedar Styrax

Volupte
Twice

Jaipur Fragrance Reviews

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

If there is anyone that can delight my nose with ambrosial fruit-heavy floral fragrances, it would be from Sophia Gojsman. That woman was an alchemist in another life, I'm sure. I am not too keen on fruity scents so naturally, I wasn't too convinced I'd like it at first. But, being as I know you cannot judge a fragrance too much by the bitty scent coming out of its nozzle, I decided to spritz a little on my wrist and await the music.

There certainly was something exotic in this one. The fruity top notes were in no way overpowering and well supported by the floral notes. Longevity for me stood at about 6 hours and sillage was buildable (1 spritz=1 ft, 2= 3ft, etc). Drydown was the most enchanting part for me, where it turns into something else entirely...a voluptuous vanilla spice warmed with amber and sandalwood that still echoed with the whispers of rose. Absolutely complex, surprising, and DELIGHTFUL MMmm.

PinkLotus
PinkLotus

I fall in love once I have a test at the shop super love it, its so classy feminine and very unique

nikkibom
nikkibom

This perfume reminds me of a cross between CK Eternity and Tresor - both by SG. I have found numerous tester bottles to stock up on, this is something very rare indeed!

freddinos
freddinos

Another Sophia Grojsman beauty that's so hard to find these days... Peaches, apricots and other yellow fruity notes are blended with sandalwood, heliotrope and slight musk. Very classy, it reminds me of a stronger 'Sotto Voce' in its heart, and towards the drydown it is very similar to 'Il Bacio'. I already own those two fragrances so I am putting my 50ml bottle for swap within the UK, in case anyone is looking to reunite with this gem from the past...

nakedcity
nakedcity

Proof that when Sophia Gojsman is given a decent budget, she can churn out some kick ass juice that would put Ropion to shame (looking at you, Amarige) Classy fruity floral that I miss terribly. Peaches and champagne is what I get.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

I think i like this just because it reminds me slightly of Jaipur Saphir - i was madly in love with that one =)

Still... This one is very classy and elegant like a refined high society lady. It's not an offensive or vulgar smell at all and thats probably why many ppl say that it smells "soapy".

It just smells like "old money" elegance to me =)

icecube
icecube

Starts out smelling as a very good quality soap.
Definetely with fruity undertones.
It quickly turns really powdery to the extend that when I sniff it makes it hard for me to breath - such a pity.
The powderyness is gone after 2 hours and then this perfume turns into a divine, slightly sweet plum.
A very unique fragrance and just so loveable !!
I wish the powdreyness did not last that long or this would be on my 10 top list.
I found a perfume a bit similar without the powderyness - another beauty from the 90ies Montana Suggestion Eau Cuivree.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

Very pretty & classy. Hard to find now. It starts fruity & floral without being too sweet, more fresh than sweet, but not in a green way. This is a one-of-a-kind combination. Good for any age, day or night. I wear it as a date fragrance; Very feminine & sexy but sweet & soft.

cohno
cohno

the other day i went to a shopping center downtown where i stumbled upon this fragrance...my friend who was joining me dragged me to the selves to give me a wiff of her favourite fragrance and she spraied it on my wrist...it is not just the smell of touberose combined with an oriental scent that reminds you of Saudit Arabia/ Tunis , but i could still smell it on my wrist 5 hours later and the following morning as it lasted on my skin all through the night...three days later i can still feel the scent on my coat and i must admit...*sighing* I FELL IN LOVE

Great sillage, beautiful scent for winter and i also dare to say for printemps and autumn...

Do you want to experince being in love through a smell?

smellhunt
smellhunt

Jaipur is my mother's signature perfume and on her it smells heavenly.
A too complicated scent to characterize (though, I will try), more oriental-woody, with fruits and flowers that hide or become more obvious, depending the weather and sometimes the wearer's emotions.
Lasts really long, sometimes strong, others feels like it waits to be discovered...
As exotic and mysterious, as the city it's named after...

I.I
I.I

It's a very nice perfume but it's nothing unusual. It's creamy, peachy and a bit salty. It resembles Tresor very much (at least to me) but it's richer, it has better sillage and lasting power. Very high quality perfume and very easy to wear!
Suitable for all ages IMHO but mostly for mature women.

Sensoria
Sensoria

I had it several years ago,wanted to buy it again. I heard it is discontinued? Why they discontinue such a wonderful perfume, I remember it was a soft, warm, cosy oriental.Now there is a summer fragrance called Jaipur,I was so excited and I tried it and it has nothing in common with the original Jaipur :(

akats
akats

I was impressed by its smell (back in 1996) so I had bought it immediately. Unfortunatelly, I did not kept it for long. A colleque, loved my sillage at the office and I exchanged it with one of hers that did not want any more...Although I liked Jaipur, I found the exchange very challenging as she gave me her 100 ml full bottle of Krazy by Krizia (that time it was vanishing from the market) while I gave her my 50 ml almost full Jaipur. Today, I am ready to rediscover it...

Jellybean
Jellybean

Ooohh, this is good! Juicy, clean, fresh, powdery and creamy floral. My favorite combination. Peach and plum are so fresh and creamy along with benzoin and heliotrope (pouwdah, pouwdah:) It dries down to soft musky, powdery floral.
At the same time it smells exquisitely sophisticated! Just love it!
and silage is Superb!

artsyrn
artsyrn

I get a spiced fruit,soft-woodsy,slightly sweet oriental. This is a little masculine at moments to me....but, all in all it is really intriguing! I wear this and feel exotic.

padraiginrua
padraiginrua

Just got the sample a few days ago...I can't stop smelling my wrist. I simply love the scent. To say this smels of apricot tart is accurate but there is such depth and the sweetness is so subtle. If anyone is hesitating on this scent because they are sick of sweet fruity scents this is nothing of the sort.

I am always fascinated by the range of responses elicited by the perfumes of the house of Boucheron, and JAIPUR is no exception to the rule. To my nose, this perfume opens with lots of sweet red roses, not unlike Annick Goutal QUEL AMOUR! As it develops, however, JAIPUR follows a very different trajectory from that fruity-floral composition.

Eventually, JAIPUR becomes a smooth, only slightly sweet, light oriental on my skin. To my nose, the famous fruit tart which so many find here is more like a buttery (benzoin) pie crust upon which a few finely ground baking spices have been sprinkled. By the drydown, the discernible rose note has completely disappeared, but it is never really replaced. The clearing out of the roses allows the buttery, lightly spiced pie crust to emerge, but the elusive fruits remain hidden from me.

I was surprised, actually, to learn that this perfume was the work of Sophia Grojsman, because it is quite a bit more subtle than most of her unmistakeable, iconic, tatoo-like creations, and nothing like any of the fruity perfumes from her oeuvre with which I am familiar. I would never, ever have thought to compare JAIPUR to TRESOR, for example.

JAIPUR refuses to unveil its hidden depths before me, so I'm left, in the end, with a polite, light oriental much closer to a skin scent than the sort of bold, declarative perfume which I have come to associate with its creator.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

GREAT PERFUME! One of the best powdery flowers ever. It's very elegant and "bold" feminine, nothig too much in and nothig missing. This is really a masterpiece, which grows on my skin to fantastique scent. I usually put on colder days, for office, when I want to smell unique and discrete. A must have!

krmarich
krmarich

Boucheron released its 2nd fragrance for ladies in 1994 as a fruity floriental. The nose is Sophia Grojsman and Jean Pierre Mary. It had to be a hit, right? Its no longer on the market today.

I totally enjoy the bouncy fuity opening. Then there is this very diginified floral heart that is graceful and reserved. The sandalwood was the basis of the composition. I find it a worthy successor to the house. However, at the time it was common. It was good, yet was lost in the shuffle of the hearty competition of the 1990s.

It should have had a little more spices in it for a more Indian appeal. The bottle is worth having alone for collectors and fans of Boucheron.

glamrgirl7
glamrgirl7

Jaipur makes me think of Morocco... jewel-tone colors, exotic fabrics, awe-inspiring buildings, and amazing spices!
For me, this scent is very distinguished. It smells nothing like the rest of my 50+ fragrances. A unique pepper-like powder is what I get when I first spray it on... then a softer baby-like powder is where it stays at on me.
Now, in all fairness, I don't rate a fragrance with all the technical aspects of notes from start to finish. What I do rate a fragrance by is what appeals most to me and the feelings/thoughts it evokes.
Thankfully, this is one that has staying power for me!

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

I really like this perfume. It's very subtle and fruity-spicy-woody. The only problem is that it disappears from my skin so fast.

twillocks
twillocks

Wonderful soft romantic scent. I love this.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

round golden and sweet. i love it.

its nice, not great. stays close to the skin on me. its a soft fruity floral. dosen't project at all. if it was a little bolder i'd probably like it better. its light and feminine but not one of my most favorite.

Boucheron is a house that I greatly respect and admire. Their fragrances are always classy and elegant and their bottles, while unique and a little strange, are very attractive. I was eager to try Jaipur, however because fruity florals aren't my thing, it took me a while to become accustomed to the way it smelt.

Peach and pineapple, when presented in a syrupy and rich fashion in fragrances, quite often turn my stomach. This fragrance is what I'd call a potent fruity floral. It's strong enough to be worn in Winter, while walking through the snow and icy, cold winds.

The top notes were a little too much for me. It smelt like an array of mushed fruits with a heady aroma of liquer. The sweetness was a little overwhelming too. Towards the heart, the loud fruitiness diminishes slightly, making way for soft, slightly powdered florals.

I began to like Jaipur a little more with its candied fruits and feminine floral accords. I could sense the elegance, which was similar to the beautiful, distinctive Boucheron pour Femme. All their fragrances tend to have a very 'golden' and expensive feel.

Jaipur is quite lush and intense. There are some beautiful moments when the rose, peony and carnation immerge. I find some similarities between Jaipur and Fragonard's Billet Doux, but only towards the drydown. The base notes are deliciously rich and soothingly sweet with vanilla, benzoin and amber creating a somewhat exotic end to a strange yet captivating fragrance.

The longevity and sillage are very strong, so I recommend applying with a light hand. I think it could wear well in almost any season, but I will stress that this is not a fragrance for little girls. It's very classy, mature and lady-like.

lidgya
lidgya

I have, and I'd like to wear it, but I cant find out how! I think this so classic, so elegant, that I dont even know what to wear with this one!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

The first note out of the sample vial is rose, rose, rose! A lovely, spicy, fruity, dark pink rose. It’s a pity that the rose fades so quickly, giving way to a less well-defined, slightly flat, fruity-floral bouquet that I suspect is dominated by one of those synthetic dried apricot accords that have a touch of cooking oil smell and tend to flatten things out without contributing a bright fruity note.

I wish the rose had been played up more, along with a strong base. As it is, individual notes get lost without really creating anything new and memorable. I suppose what I wish Jaipur to be is an Indian-style perfume, as its name implies, instead of a European one. However, it is what it is, all hoopla about Rajastani bracelets notwithstanding.

Once I’ve resigned myself to what Jaipur is and isn’t, I can enjoy it as a complex, well-constructed fruity floral scent that gradually takes on a powdery note from the iris, heliotrope and musk. The only flower that I smell distinctly is the rose, and the only fruit the aged, dried apricot. As time goes on, it remains powdery, but becomes fruitier and sweeter, with other non-specific fruits joining the apricots. In the base, very close to my skin, I smell a vanilla-scented benzoin and possibly a little myrrh. Jaipur lasts 10-12 hours, and is still on clothing the next day.

malia
malia

can't get enough of it!

ReinaT
ReinaT

I love the original Boucheron so I thought I would like this perfume. I love the bottle, but I can't wear the fragrance. I have tried many times to wear it, but it makes me sick. I don't know why, but it gives me a terrible headache. The original Boucheron is my signature fragrance, but this one is nothing like it! The dry down softens to a powdery scent, but that still makes me sick. Sometimes I can wear a fragrance that makes me sick, like Samsara, but I can't even wear this one. It may work for some women, but I had to throw out the bottle and the little jewel compact of the solid.

ouchka
ouchka

An exotic scent that reminds me of Cairo nights. Very sweet perfume, I usually dislike sweet perfumes but this one is an exception.

Amazing lasting power, to use sparingly to avoid headaches. In my experience, liked by men!

Sassy1
Sassy1

This is the perfect mature fruity floral for women tired of the cotton candy, berries and pink pepper fluff flooding the market these days.
The soft suede of apricot dominates and remains the star top to bottom. It is cushioned by the powdery iris but the floral center works only as a supporting cast, never stealing the spotlight from the delicate apricot diva.
It exudes femininity not brashly or loudly but with a soft come-closer mystique I find heavenly.

Bravo and Encore!

Update: Discontinued?? Are they mad?

scent_lover
scent_lover

powdery: yes, like a nectar: yes, fruity: not really, floral: not really, honey: definitely! if i might say so: fresh honey, yes, as crazy as it sounds! very exotic, yet a little sweet without although being heavy. a day and night summer scent that will leave many good impressions! :)

Passionflower
Passionflower

Very nice laid back powdery floral fragrance! Not very loud but different from the quickly disappearing more transparent florals there are so many of. There is a nice thick layer in it of warm oriental sweetness. I'm keeping this one!

Gosha
Gosha

It has all been said here. :-) It is very feminine, pleasant, jolly, complex, fresh, but cozy and also sensual scent, slightly sweet, exotic/oriental and unusual. It's not typical floral fruity, not at all. It is quite grown up, but still has a lighthearted girly feel too. Really nice. I think that Persephone's description is spot on:"... powdered tart yellow fruit with a complex flower heart and a hint of vanilla..." And - I would add - a touch of wood.

guest_firea
guest_firea

I'm sure there's something with my skin chemistry, but I just can't stand this perfume on my skin. Although it' svery well done, there's something in it that makes me sick.
It's first notes are appelaing, the heart is all riht, but the base becomes annoying. On the other hand, it IS different, actually it is really unique and light enough to wear daytime and its powderyness is subtle and chic. Just not my cup of tea. Sorry.

Halvah
Halvah

A very beautiful fruity floral. I agree that it's not a usual one in this group. Fruity notes are only detectable when you spray it on and a few more minutes. it reminds me on Sun Moon Stars a little bit, but Boucheron Jaipur is more refined. I also agree that there are spicy undertones in it, and it's soft powdery notes makes the whole composition very round and balanced. Fruits, powdery florals, woods and spices, everything that is good in a perfume, but this one is NOT the type that was made for everybody. Sensual and classic, but still young and uplifting. I highly recommend.

lillybee
lillybee

This fragrance is your idea of a fruity floral from the nineties. Jaipur is like the lighter, more airy version of Sotto Voce which isn't surprising as the nose who created them is the same person, Sonia Grosjman. They do share many notes and are structured in a similar way.

Fruits and powdery woodsy notes appear first (orris root?) that are then mellowed into a soft vanilla-musk built onto like muscles on a refined and subtle but definitely woody backbone.

I actually prefer Jaipur to Sotto Voce, it's less powdery and more wearable for out and about. Jaipur is lighter but more complex than its sister though, showing more facets and flavours over time.

What the two have in common is powderyness, but while Sotto Voce is almost too powdery to me to the point of being suffocating, Jaipur is balanced, soft and cozy with just the right hint of class so it's elegant and playful at the same time.

Persephone
Persephone

Gorgeous powdered tart yellow fruit with a complex flower heart and a hint of vanilla cookie drydown. Obviously, Sophia Grojsman know her way around fruit (Champagne, Calyx, Tresor, 100% Love) - one of the best "not your average" floral-fruity scents come from her. It is not very sweet, which makes it very sophisticated. I can't really see the connection with India, I rather imagine a cozy bakery cafe somewhere in Montmartre, Paris. A very upscale and posh bakery, though. :-)

Marisa36
Marisa36

Got a bottle as a gift when I was in my early twenties. I liked it but it didn't suit me. Definitely a more mature scent. Not for young girls.

Taliera
Taliera

It's not hard to like, but it is not for me. Not your average floral fruity, because it is far more complex than most, and the sweetness is kept in check. It also seems to have spicy undertones (which are not listed, but I swear there's some). The fruity notes jump out at me, and the whole fragrance reminds of Champs Elysses - but less sweet and not as juicy.

Nicole79
Nicole79

When i first tried Jaipur years ago...i remember i liked it very much....the word to describe it was EXOTIC !....FEMININE SCENT....PERFECT.

alianeblue
alianeblue

Fruits, fruits and more fruits. I just love this scent; it is completely out of the ordinary floral/fruity fragrances. It is perfect for spring and summer. It would definitely be my first choice for a Hawaiian vacation. Every time I think about Jaipur, I picture me in a hot white sand beach drinking an exotic martini in my colorful little sexy bikini. This one is definitely highly recommended for those who want to feel young, renewed, and sexy.

sjanira
sjanira

One word, Wonderful! exotic and very feminine fragrance. At first I get green notes. Then it softens into a sweet, fruity powdery smell. I love it!

Mals86
Mals86

Intrigued by Luca Turin's description of Jaipur as being the olfactory equivalent of a French yellow-plum tart: fruity-jammy, lush, and rich, I tested this scent.

Alas, I cannot smell it. I have tried it in two formulations, and there must be some material in it (a musk, perhaps) that acts as a block to the entire scent. I can smell a faint fruit note, and then nothing. Oddly, I can tell that there Something on my arm, but I cannot smell it at all.

Sadly, I had the same experience with Guerlain's Nahema, described as a lush peachy rose scent. I smelled a faint fruity note, then nothing. This must be an anosmia particular to me, but how disappointed I was.

tuberose_and _sand
tuberose_and _sand

it's a nice, subtle perfume. a bit different, as well and very wearable. a bit powdery, a bit sweet, just how a feminine fragrance should be. beautiful, understated chic.

vertigo
vertigo

An invitation to legendary journey ...

An old Indian legend says that gems developed from the monster defended by gods.
Its bones became diamonds, teeth - pearls, blood - rubys, bile - emeralds. Sapphires developed from eyes, topazes - from skin, beryls - from nails, garnets - from lymph. Fat developed into crystals and corals.

Then a symbolic jewel - Nauratan - was made from those gems. In this jewel nine stones join with nine planets. There are always nine gems in it, but the jewel itself can change its shape.

One of the most magnificent nauratans is the bracelet, given to young people getting married. The Indians believe that it's a mystic amulet bringing luck.

The most beautiful magical jewels were made among the rose bushes, in Jaipur, by the masters of jewellery.

Louis Boucheron got there in 20' of XX century, when maharaja Patiali from Punjab principate asked him to bind his gems.

Nauratans amazed the French jeweler and inspired him for many years.

The bottle reminds an expensive bracelet - contemporary talisman of luck.

LuckysGirl
LuckysGirl

Disappointing. It smelled like every other floral fruity out there. Totally average.

jeanol
jeanol

Exquisitely exotic, totally feminine, soft and gentle, but totally uplifting! Love this, my favourite of Boucheron perfumes.

Jaipur by Boucheron 3.81 out of 5 based on 338 ratings and 48 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Boucheron Jaipur fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Boucheron Jaipur, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jaipur by Boucheron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jaipur by Boucheron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.