Designers » B » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Jaipur Homme Boucheron for men
dislike

I have it: 780 I had it: 223 I want it: 478 My signature: 17

cinnamon
Jaipur Homme Boucheron for men Pictures Jaipur Homme Boucheron for men Pictures Jaipur Homme Boucheron for men Pictures Jaipur Homme Boucheron for men Pictures Jaipur Homme Boucheron for men Pictures Jaipur Homme Boucheron for men Pictures

Jaipur Homme by Boucheron is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Jaipur Homme was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Annick Menardo. Top notes are lime, bergamot, cardamom and lemon; middle notes are carnation, cinnamon, jasmine and rose; base notes are tonka bean, patchouli, benzoin and cedar.

Lime Bergamot Cardamom Lemon

Carnation Cinnamon Jasmine Rose

Tonka Bean Patchouli Benzoin Cedar

Jicky

Jaipur Homme Fragrance Reviews

Lechu
Lechu

Best drydown ever . This is soap and dusty . I feel like walking on a cloud of cinnamon, lemon, benzoin and vanilla.
It is more robust than opium and more mature .

It makes me smile.

Scent : 8.5 / 10
Sillage : 10/10

RobbieX

To add..Gorgeous fragrance with bucket-loads of character.

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

Supremely beautiful. I think I just found my new signature scent. Completely unisex.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

I have few samples of this. Every time I smell this it reminds me of burn wires from a car .something deep notes in this fragrance that sometimes I like it sometimes I hate it. And I keep going back and spray it on my skin thinking that I want to buy a big bottle. This fragrance is mysterious to me that I haven't smelled it before except burnt wires. But dry down seems good after wearing for couple of hours. This is not for everyone especially young ones. More like mature to me. But I'm going to try some more samples and get use to it. Maybe someday I Will love it. And yes it's strong and had a good projection and silage. Last forever on my skin.

CDGfan

I get tonnes of compliments with Jaipur, the drydown is sublime.
Its very much a Guerlainade fragrance and a wonderful interpretation of temples in Jaipur. Flowers, sweet dust from incense ash, and benzoin.

My female coworkers love it on me.

twlahue
twlahue

I have the EDP. I am a father of 5. As odd as this sounds. When you open a fresh package of diapers, they come deodorized and smell of a sweet powder. This fragrance reminds me of that smell. Fresh, unused baby diapers.

That being said. I do like the fragrance and it does dry down to a beautiful scent.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

This frag reminds me of Jicky by Guerlain, with better wearability. A bit more masculine perhaps, too. Oriental with an obvious touch of luxury, really comfortable.
I wear this kind of "classic old" perfumes since a few years, and now i am 37.
So especially if you are a young guy, you should try before you buy or you may just find it old and pass by his beautiful balance.
Evolution is very nice, finishing close to the skin with a delightful faint smell.

A must try for oriental (but not sweet) lovers.

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

In regard to the last few responses to the reviewer, of course compared to the sea of insipid fresh sporty male fragrances, Jaipur homme is an ALIEN. To noses accustomed to soulless concoctions, it's a shock.
AND
i just bought the edt today because i was mesmerized after trying this. And let me say this is extremely gender-bending (in case that matters). Very powdery, soft spices shimmering in a sweet cloud of jaipur-india temple dust! The drydown last for ages and it is a very strange coool and cold powdery vanilla and benzoin.
Love for me:)

Plantus
Plantus

@claudiu.alexx

Jaipur Homme it's not for everybody, I guess you are a bit to young to enjoy this fragrance. I have also the EDP and works great for me. Compliments are overrated, you can wear AXE and still receive compliments all day long, if you look and dress like David Gandy,for exemple.

IMO the more important it's that YOU to LOVE what you wear. In this case, you hate Jaipur Homme, and that's OK.

You can try something like La Nuit De l'Homme, I'm sure you will love it. But test it first!

Colin Maillard

@claudiu.alexx: with all respect to your point of view, perfumes aren't tools engineered to get girls, and they are not to be judged with that parameter. I get and accept you didn't like it, but you can't rant against reviews because you didn't get laid after wearing this. You find "pheromone scents" on eBay if that's what you're looking at. Plus it's not reviewers' fault if you pick girls with no taste for fragrances. :D

Molko
Molko

I have the edt version, but it has enough strong sillage and good longevity. Smells a real oriental juice without beeing too harsh or disturbing. Has a light and creamy touch, reminds me of Avon soft musk cream if someone remember of it. I don't feel like a man fragrance, rather unisex or feminine:) Perfect choice for evening time, special occasions. Absolute fantastic fragrance and cheap. For me 10/10, but could be more masculine:)

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

After many year's I decided to pick up a second bottle. The LUXURIOUS aroma is from cinnamon and benzion giving it a warm/spicy vib. After 10min patchouli and carmandier gives this juice a real attractive sweet powdery scent making it @#&! Sexy! Out of the entire collection's, this frag is#1.
Longevity and Silage is well past 10hrs...perfect during the fall/winter months and early spring.
Overall thoughts,
This fragrance has a animalistic quality making it desirable when you're wearing it. I have had several compliments from women wanting to try it for themselves. Guy's listen up...if your female companion enjoys it on you then wear it... her body will want you....you get the pic.
This fragrance is one of my best 5. Rating this fragrance is definitely high..9/10..☺

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام
يك كار خوب مردانه كه خيلي سال است خيلي كم گير مي آيد
سالهاي پيش از آن استفاده مي كردم و اطرافيانم از آن تعريف مي نمودند
الان حضور ذهن ندارم كه در موردش بنويسم اما هنوز برايم خاطره انگيز است وقتي يادش مي كنم
با تقديم احترام
گالري عطر مهرداد

jozemo
jozemo

Powdery,lightly spicy and excellent when you don't want to go trendy on a night out.Good silage and longevity at least 8 hours if sprayed on skin and upper clothing.

Bobx
Bobx

Today i had chance to test EDP and EDT tester at same time and EDP is stronger and richer, but in cinnamon way. Think EDT is more interesting and develope better,while EDP remind me a little on Pi. EDT stays on my skin 24+ hours and i cant stop sniffing my hand. It have some twist drydown, where i get cinnamon then next time benzoin.
So while i was in doubt to buy them both my parfum seller shows me Zino and Miyake Blue, and i was in total delirium since all of them is hard to find. So i end up with EDT,zino and Blue for a very reasonably price.
Jaipur is very classy scent, for special occasions,so damn sexy, girls cant resist this just be carefull on trigger.

Buysblind
Buysblind

A spicy, floral powder bomb. Well-composed, but take the glowing reviews with a grain of salt. I find this extremely powdery, formal, and opulent to the point that I'm not comfortable wearing it. It also smells very feminine to my nose, particularly concerning the use of florals and their relation to the powder. If you love a good floriental, this will be right up your alley. However, while people rave about the beautiful vanilla dry down (especially in the EDP), keep in mind these other things I just mentioned before buying it blindly. Good fragrance but totally not my style and I think the casual, younger man may not like this at all.

The EDP is dense, rich and more focused on vanilla.

The EDT is spicier, lighter, develops more, and delivers a brighter heliotrope. In my opinion, it's much more interesting, and maybe even a bit more masculine.

Marcel
Marcel

I have never own this one, but I know it very well, since it is my uncle´s signature scent.

This fragrance smells very expensive. It projects an image of elegance and good taste.

It's very oriental, very warm, so I can imagine it would be unpleasant to wear it in warm weather.

Both sillage and longevity are excellent.

mrlumis

got the EDP online and i was surprised to see when it arrived that it was the frosted bottle in the newer packaging, am i just extremely lucky to have got this original or is this the current bottle design? reading older reviews i thought it now came in clear glass bottles and was re-formulated? anyway fantastic stuff, i'm positive its the real deal also, lasts and projects very well. in my top 3.

PersOlif
PersOlif

It is as id Annick Menardo tells of the years of Nostalgy of a man from Jaipur ,India.I do believe Jaipur is one of the reasons you should consider perfumery a fine art!!!

Send private messages on this if you like...

crypticat
crypticat

I agree with the many positive reviews. Warm soapy sensual and mellow yet lively. I would enjoy smelling this on my wife. A little sweet-powdery-soapy for my personal use.

Pete89
Pete89

Simply a stunning fragrance! Perfect projection, outstanding longevity. Niche quality for a designer price. Although this CAN be used every day (max. 2 sprays!) I personally like to save the EDP for special occasions and nights out in town. Just because the scent is so special.

It's luxurious, warm, exotic, romantic and quite simply one of the best male oriental fragrances ever made. And the best thing: almost nobody knows about it. It's my hidden gem :)

Sussudio
Sussudio

Absolutely stunning fragrance. Instant favorite.

The experience? Imagine coming out of a luxurious and soothing bath filled with creamy, soapy and airy oriental oils. Refreshing, romantic and comforting at the same time ! It's a tad on the sweet side but nothing in the lines of bubblegum or candy-shop smell, this is the kind of sweetness that you would expect in a golden cinnamon factory owned by Willy Wonka.

Power? Projects perfectly, it's not loud but everyone coming in your comfort zone will instantly be dazzled by your smell. First 5-6 hours have great longevity, after that it slowly starts to fade towards a skin scent.

Compliments? Received two within the first day, no other fragrances in my collection accomplished this so far.

I can see where some comments from the 'old lady' smell come from as this might be the INITIAL opener but after 5 minutes this settles down in everything mentioned in my review.

mrlumis

I have an EDT of this great frag and its one in my collection I often turn to because I cant get enough of the smell, its a soothing, warming, spicy oriental that I enjoy any time of the day or night. quite complex in makeup and smell but a definite winner in my books. 10/10

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

Based on the EDP, I find it to be the truest cinnamon out there (compared to very synthetic cinnamon in Spicebomb and 1 Million). The second strongest note is the tonka bean which to me gives it a bit of a sandalwood vibe even though sandalwood is not listed in the notes. Very good performance. Sillage is respectable and the longevity is quite good as well. This is a very classy scent and great for office or formal events (just go easy on the trigger). At the same time I see no reason why it couldn't be worn clubbing and put up some good competition against the typical 1 million/Spicebomb haze hanging over the dance floor.

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

I had the EdP and it was the most powerful scent I have ever worn. An extremely rich and exquisite zesty oriental based on limes and cinnamon which I really loved. Appropriately named because it engulfs you in how I imagine a scent of "India" should be. Just a little overpowering in the EdP which made me too self-conscious wearing it. I will buy Jaipur again because it is an awesome creation; only next time in the EdT. Maybe the EdP should have been named the Maharaja of Jaipur?

Update:
Since writing the above post, and having only recently finished my bottle of the EdP, I was prompted to replace it. I have now bought the EdT and I am delighted by it.

EdP or EdT: puts me in the mood for curry.

TheSultan
TheSultan

One of the truly great Orientals ever made. It's managed to remain relevant, even after enduring the popularity of fragrances that were made to compete with it. This is a mainstay for scentheads that love to collect fragrances.

this is not a lesser scent, because it's been reformulated. It's still amazing. I checked the production code on my bottle, and it happens to be the 1st reformulation. That being said, I don't notice any difference between the original and the one I own. The difference may just lie in longevity and sillage. I've smelled the original, and I don't believe it outlasts the first reformulation, enuf to talk about at length.

this is a designer fragrance that smells extremely niche, and I suggest the EDP over the EDT. The difference between them is very apparent. EDP, is richer and heavier. The EDT, is the opposite but still better than a lot of EDPs that claim to lasts a long time.

Ron22
Ron22

Boucheron frags are made by Interparfums since 2011. They are two notches down from what they used to be.

GianGG
GianGG

Jaïpur smells like a good shaving soap with indian spices.
I can recognize the Annick Menardo touch in it.
It also shares some similarities with Body Kouros.
I prefer the eau de parfum version.

Rating: 3,5+/5

maio2012
maio2012

Hey thiefofnoses: a thief probably stole part of your nose, explaining that you only can smell cinnamon and lemon in Jaipur Pour Homme. Jokes apart, this fragrance really has other nuances, and I can imagine an explanation: have you tried JPH during the australian summer? If so, try it again in a cold climate.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

Cinammon, cinammon, cinnamon. And here, have a little more cinnamon. I like cinnamon, but not in the quantities I find in Jaipur Homme. Add a touch of lemon. Powdery. Then a bit more lemon. Lemon + cinnamon.

I find Jaipur Homme to be quite dated, and by 'dated' I mean it has one or two overwhelming, clashing notes that scream loudly and drown out the rest of the composition. I suspect one could achieve the same effect by going to the kitchen, cutting a lemon in half, sprinkling cinnamon on it and rubbing it all over one's body.

Okay, I'm being a little facetious, but I'm afraid Jaipur Homme is not for me.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I used to work in the industry and I launched this when it came out in the late 90s and to be honest, I never took to it. First off the positive: Its rich, expensive smelling, creamy, with enough spices and Tonka bean heartiness to make it interesting. The negative: it reminds me a lot of Shalimar for women, a "classic" scent I was never that fond of either.
Well made but a little stuffy with an "old man" air about it, Jaipur could be pulled off by the right guy with the right attitude, maybe I was just never that guy. I'll take the original Boucheron any day of the week over this one.

Colin Maillard

With all the "artistic perfumery" expensive niche scents that I test every week, it's been a while the only surprises that still amaze and wow me regularly come from inexpensive, solid cheapos. Jaipur Homme is another example of this. I wore it quite a lot of times recently to make sure it was really that good as I thought almost instantly after the very first application: it is, indeed. Jaipur Homme is a magnificent, insanely refined scent, which really moves the boundaries of class and sophisticacy. Unique, elegant, addictive. Basically, it's a soft and radiant cloud of Oriental soapiness with sweet vanilla-almond hints, shades of talc, a lively and light bergamot/citrus accord at the very opening, and a beautiful heliotrope breeze providing a breath of nature, pollen, of spring warmth. The soapiness is not the "usual", synthetic soapiness many scents provide; it's true, foamy, opulent and rich soap, cozy and warm as a bath tub in winter time. Clean, rich, dandy, powdery and luscious, with a slight tobacco aftertaste. There's cleanliness and innocence, but view it from another perspective, and it's pure decadent dandiness, deceptively "white" and clean. A refined and relaxed marvel, perhaps too sweet for someone: to me it's one of the most sophisticated male perfumes ever made, which finally moves outside the usual territories of "austere virile masculinity". Boucheron and Annick Menardo did a great job in thinking other new ways to portrait modern masculine elegance – luminous and feminine, but also shady and eccentric. It quickly became my favourite "home fragrance" (which is the highest reward a fragrance can get from me). A must try for niche fans which identify quality with elitism and high prices.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Oh yes it's this delightfully great designer classic, possibly one the best around!

Just like the few other high end designers, it uses a nice citrus (mainly lemon but here both sweet and sour with the lime Im guessing) that develops into a rich mix of florals, spice (cinnamon, nutmeg) and refined woods at the base - similar to Shalimar but less feminine/powdery.

The tonka and benzoin really go great with the cardamom, very nice, oriental but I think the real prize for me is that they have left out lavender/geranium and used some 'carnation' as it states instead.

So, the scent is far less powdery and the citrus lasts longer throughout the scent.

Certainly one of my very few designer favorites - but then it's a complete scent so I don't need many other of Niches. Saves money and keeps the Quality.

The best part? There is an EDP version - nice!

Scent: 9/10.
Quality: 7/10.

Redpula
Redpula

After good wearings of edt and edp, I decided to let go of my edt. The edp is a keeper, rich, bold, potent but never loud. Plus the compliments are many every time I wear the edp. Of course, I wear it and not bathe on it. The edt lacks the longevity, sensual and sophisticated touch despite it's better projection. I never regret letting go my edt but my edp, it's gonna be years of happy wearings.

benpaul12
benpaul12

A buttery and creamy masculine scent that is made amazing by having a beautiful subtle citrus undertone. Very similar IMO to Body Kouros' milky, shaving foam type vibe but it's so much better.

Once I run out of Body Kouros I will be buying this. Can't stop smelling my wrist.

Mango Plantation
Mango Plantation

I absolutely ADORE this! I don't smell anything masculine at all - very linear, powder, soft, not uber sweet or floral or green - the smell reminds me of something - something I loved - driving me bonky, wish I could think of it! But this scent is such a soft beauty! I've got samples, but this is DEFINATELY going on the NEED list. It does smell a bit of 'time gone by' - de finitely NOT 80's/90's. (I'm a chick - can't wait til autumn to let this jewel shine!)

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

When I was a teenager I wanted to wear fragrances for men and not for boys. Now that I'm a grown man I want to wear the fragrances of legends, not of mere men. Jaipur Homme is among them. It gives off a quiet and humble Oriental superiority which very few can surpass till today - even 16 years after it was released.

harmatir
harmatir

This scent is simply perfect! Very masculin, very sexy, irresistable.

loischanricky
loischanricky

I don't know why but for me, the top scent smells just like a " much more softer and tender BVLGARI Black".
It's not the hot rubber smell, but the untamed citrus and cardamom that make you link "Black" with "Jaipur pour homme".
And guess what does Jaipur pour homme turn into? A scent that's little bit of sweet and powdery, in a masculine kind of way.

The sweet note comes from tonka beans and benzoin, it's not a vanilla-like sweet, nor a caramel-like sweet, but a very slightly "sweet wind" (I've tried my best to describe it) which hangs around near your body, that makes you (and other people around you) unable to catch the smell directly.

I enjoy this one, longevity and sillage are good, don't use too much or it will make you (and the people around you) uncomfortable.
However, if you wear just a little touch of it, it will make you smell " REALLY GOOD".
If I run into a man who wears this one perfectly, I probably will approach him and " smell him" behind his back (ok now I sound like a pervert).

By the way, since I'm a girl and this one is not a unisex perfume, the way I enjoy it is by applying little bit of the juice on my quilt, so I can fall asleep with the wonderful scent surrounds me.

Sesh
Sesh

Quite a dramatic opening, followed by a somewhat mellowed-down and pleasant repose, then ends with very fragrant memories that last more than a day.

When I wore it for the first time yesterday my wife (who's usually VERY picky about fragrances) remarked immediately how much she liked it! That itself is testament to the fact that Jaipur was designed to appeal to women more than to men :-)

I personally noticed that sillage is awesome and the other aspect is that it does/did not cause olfactory overload. I was completely aware I had Jaipur on, and it never overwhelmed my nose to the point of being inured to it.

Highly recommend this as one for a strong, masculine (not saying they have to be a bodybuilder!) personality. Suits both mid-afternoon (rejuvenation of the senses) and late evening (lovely, gorgeous drydown - at least for my body chemistry).

My recommendation: try it out at a store first to ensure your drydown is good enough because the EdP (which is what I have) lasts a VERY long time.

hedward
hedward

Wow this is very pleasant! Sweet cinnamon and carnation with the ever-so-beautiful signature base of Annick Menardo also found in LL Au Masc and Body Kouros. Lovely!! Tested on a strip of paper and it's still there after two days - suppposedly good longevity!

*edit*

Oh my.. I can't get enough of this fragrance. I, as a huge fan of Annick Menardo, have to admit that this very fragrance is the crownpiece of her work. Jaipur Homme is everything that was missing in Black, Body Kouros and LL Au Masc. Everything is in perfect balance, yet every note... I can't even describe this.

Flawless.

MoonB
MoonB

I am into classic/mature "old colognes", the notes look like my favourite fragrance, all my favourite notes are there (except for the oud and incense), I bought one not long ago, I couldn't stand that kind of powderiness to it, for me it really smelled like old lady. A scrubber for me. I swapped it. This controversy between the notes and the actual smell makes me realise I should sample before buying. I'm not blind buying anymore.

toto453
toto453

For those who like Le mâle you can easily go for this ! I have the eau de parfum, and it is excellent. It stays hours with a confortable projection. It is more complex than Le mâle de JPG. Really quality fragrance.

If you want to get a sense of what this smells like, it's not too far from British Sterling, especially the vintage formulation. Jaipur Homme has a wood note in it that I have generally not liked, so at this point I actually might prefer British Sterling! Yes, the teen/20-something folk probably perceive this as old/mature, but then why are they interested in this in the first place? Don't they already know what the other young bucks consider "cool?" Party on, Garth! LOL

1welshdevil

No other words are needed to describe this one, other then Masterpiece. it is one of my all time favourite fragrances, classy, powerful, long lasting. It has a wonderfully rich smell to it. The bottle is glorious, though I agree that the EDT is much nicer then the EDP. Glorious Man smell :-)

Mancorp
Mancorp

After sampling the EDT, I got a bottle of the EDP thinking I'd get more bang for the buck. Instead, I got to find out what a harsh, over-the-top cinnamony concoction this is. It could be I'm overly sensitive to this note or, more likely, to its particular combination in this fragrance with benzoin, cedar, and tonka bean that makes it unbearably cloying. I suspect that if I were to get a whiff of this off someone else, I would find it intriguing but having to smell it on myself for hours on end makes it unpleasant. Light application helps but having gotten off on the wrong foot, I find myself staying away from this one.

liav24
liav24

Well, its a very powdery / vanilla / sweet lime scent fragrance - a bit for Mature part of people.
as somebody els wrote here - its smells a bit like barbershop area after using it.
this one is not for me.

vsnrao36
vsnrao36

I just bought this based on the search results on this site, perfumes having notes Tonka Bean & Patchouli, as I have developed a liking for these notes recently, with my first passion being Musk and Amber. I am so glad that I bought this as this really exudes class and luxury. Very rich and warm. It always lightens up my mood whenever I wear this or it could be that my brain picks this for the day when it is feeling fresh and light mood!

Very easily can be a unisex perfume and IMHO, it leans more towards a feminine perfume. I just love the feeling when I wear this and my wife gladly makes it part of her collection quite often!
This one lasts very long as I have the EDP version but sillage is moderate.

mnementh
mnementh

I blind bought this following the reviews it got on here but I suspect my findings will differ from the apparent norm.

I find that, for me, Tobacco or Leather fragrances work best on my skin and that my "nose" seems particularly sensitive to them as well, so fragrances like Burberry London for Men hits me strong and stays long.

Jaipur started off "fairly" strong for me and dried down pretty quickly with a pleasant citrusy opening and Cinnamon finish.

However, what I definitely found was an incredible lasting power. Easily 24 hours on my skin.

I've only worn it a couple of times since I bought it and had no comments either for, or against but we shall see.

For the price, a very confident buy and I will certainly buy it again.

estewart51
estewart51

I thought I loved this fragrance when I first tried it, but after using it again after a long layoff, I realize I only like Jaipur Homme. Don't get me wrong it's not BAD - in fact I think it's great juice. The cinnamon is there and dominant, but the powdery base can be seen overwhelming. It will take several wears do gauge how you feel about this one. With that said I really really like this stuff.

EDIT: after several smells and re-smells, I added Jaipur Homme to my collection. It is one of the finest oriental fragrances you can buy for the price. Smells fabulous while maintaining it's uniqueness.

scentence
scentence

The first sniff took me to India! Like i was in a magical temple, when i came back to reality i was sarrounded by an aura of sweetness, not feminine sweet, mystically sweet.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Spraying this on myself I was immediately taken back to an impression of the flowery powders (Here's My Heart? Topaze? I forget.) my mother used to buy from Avon when I was a small child. At the risk of insult to describe exactly what I mean, this therefore smells old-ladyish to me. I can see how others might describe this as "elegant" on a gentleman, but this just isn't for me at all. Too fussy.

Another problem: Unlike all other fragrances I have sprayed on myself after shaving, this one burned my neck. There is apparently something in here that my skin has a mild reaction to.

If I have to wear something powdery I much prefer Royal Copenhagen Cologne.

alchimia72
alchimia72

I entered a parfumery two weaks ago with my husband with the intention to buy a new fragrance near to Dior Homme ( three bottles or four are enough!) but different, to explore new olfactive dimensions (very difficult thing for him who is a monofragrance person). We tried three different fragrances but with Jaipur it was immediately love. It starts citrusy but not in a cologne way ( that I hate) and it develops in a sweet vanillic spicy way. We tried the edt version ( the shopper told us the edp was not in production anymore, maybe it is a lie!). It is long lasting and the projection is very good. I am a woman and I can say that I love smelling jaipur on a man ( sorry on my husband). I find it sensual and elegant at the same moment.

chweintr
chweintr

Starts out a spicy citrus... becomes almost a barbershop style spicy talc. So far so great.

Two hours later it's still great, but then...
What? - It becomes a thick and linear flowery powder for hours and hours.#$%^*!@

Powdery fragrances totally baffle me. I just can't separate that smell from associations with diapers and geriatric products. Either we're going to have to stop putting powder on baby butts and sanitary pads or hypnosis will simply have to be added to the opening notes of every powdery perfume to get me to consider 'em...

Krupp
Krupp

The perfumes switzer-knife! Safe and well-smelling for every occation, office or home, club or cinema, with friend or date, man or woman. A ground-solid 8 on a 10 scale.

jyan727
jyan727

This was one of the first big fragrance purchases of mine this past summer. I had read reviews on it and when I saw the parfum for an amazing price on eBay I snagged it up.

The problem is, after I got it in the mail, it was slightly disappointing. It just screamed old lady to me. Of course that is not to say that this isn't an amazing fragrance.

It really is beautiful, round, rich and just straight amazing. Very few fragrances I have smelled have lived up to the rich and sweet smell of this one. It was just that something in it was not blending right to make it manly (in my opinion, possibly the carnation and benzoin).

In the end I just couldn't wear it and saw no point of it collecting more dust in my collection. So I had to let it go. I ended up giving it to my Grandma as she normally goes for this type of fragrance (ones that might be harsh to the common woman's nose) and boy does she love it! She said she can't stop getting compliments on it.

This fragrance may work for some, but definitely not me. I did like smelling it but wearing it did not work. I say this is a try before you buy.

Also, I bought the reformulated parfum. It is possible the original (the foggy bottle) smells much better as everyone has been saying. I don't know for sure and can't wait to get my nose on it.

chillzz1230
chillzz1230

This fragrance is incredible. Absolutely my #1 parfum. This scent lasted 2 days on sweater. Doesn't matter what season it is this parfum is PRISTINE!

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

Opium on steroids! With way less powder initially. I own the Jaipur Homme EDP frosted bottle with gold/blue lid.

I tried this for the first time recently and instantly was blown away with the strength of this in a good way. It remotely smells like opium and the dry down is a great ride that lasts forever. It's priced modestly for a mens EDP of this strength and quality. I predict this bottle will last a long......time.

Huge win for Boucheron!!!

dmdipentino@verizon.net
dmdipentino@verizon.net

I totally agree with 'Buino'; yuck!
Sickenly sweet powdery; old lady scent like 'Shalimar' , but for men. I don't smell the citrus nor the 'Woodsey' notes at all. And..., it doesn't last long on my skin at all! ( which is probably a good thing, in this case!)
I feel that you're 'paying for the pretty bottle' in this case.
Peeeuuuupie!

This is a mellow classic, one of the softest, most understated orientals out there. I first tried it years ago and figured it was nice but too soft for me. Then I didn't really see it in many shops and forgot about it until recently that is.
Opens with really nice citrus and cardamom notes then becomes a delicately sweet jasmine spiced, creamy, cinnamon. It also has something of the 'old skool' with the carnation note and drys down with woods and a slightly resiny tonka/vanilla base.
I adore it and that's the EDT version I would love to try the EDP and I'm going to add it to my collection as soon as I can.

Dioguh
Dioguh

My newest purchase, this is a unique fragrance, powerful and very elegant. I get a lot of compliments :)

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

The sweet spicy notes are quite dominant, and very proper to wear in the cool weather. Got many compliments when I wear it (I have only the sample)...so thinking to get the big bottle of this fragrance.

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Powdery and luxurious... Jaipur Homme EDP is gorgeous, full bodied, and the quality of the blending is superb. Jaipur Homme opens ferociously with an overpowering blast of powdery-citrusy love that hovers for a good 15 minutes with Lemon and Lime that's extremely realistic to zesting the fruit itself, and also if you spray it close enough, you can actually feel the burn for a good minute from Cinnamon. The heart develops fairly quickly but lasts at this stage for about 2 hours where it's mainly Carnations and Cinnamon with just a hint of Rose peeking thru, and suddenly like a light switch, the base kicks in where Jaipur goes from jumping around yelling to relaxing on the couch softly projecting Benzoin, Tonka and Patchouli. The 3 stages are so different that it gives the impression of 3 perfumes rolled into 1, and the transitions are shockingly dramatic which is cool! You can almost time it with a watch... Now that's superb blending at it's finest. My only complaint is that the Patchouli in the final drydown is not quite as strong as I would like it to be, and if it was, it`d probably be a perfect perfume, but unfortunately I only detect slight wafts, but I want more! So I found a solution to this conundrum... If you dab a tiny bit of pure Patchouli oil where you spray, it really grounds the powdery notes and adds unbelievable amounts of depth and puts the longevity power into next week. Try it, I guarantee you'll love how it makes Jaipur Homme EDP bloom even more!

Jaipur Homme EDP is one of the best mainstream perfumes I've ever experienced, and the quality is very high and right up there with some niche perfumes. I cannot sense any synthetics. Longevity and sillage are excellent and I believe it can be worn for any time of day with any outfit... It's not as `stuffy` as Boucheron EDP which I feel I have to adorn a suit to pull off. The house of Boucheron does an excellent job once again!

GRAF
GRAF

Jaipur is the perfect scent for winter. To strong for summer time. This gorgeous scent is a oriental, floral, spicy and very sexy and powerful. Very rich masculine scent. I have the EDT version and I love it( but I still want to try the EDP version!). Maybe the best oriental scent for men.

RobbieX

Jaipur is an amazing spicy and floral powerful oriental. The cinnamon note is potent especially in the opening. The final dry-down becomes distinctly floral with spices - this is the best bit in my opinion. The floral notes remind me of Mauboussin Homme. Longevity and projection are top notch. Very potent disinctive and lovely scent.

ScentsAreEverything
ScentsAreEverything

Since it is available in Hungary again (thanks OdeKlotyo!) I immediately jumped on it.

Long story short: INCREDIBLE cinnamon note (both in terms of quality and power), rich, masculine, unique, balanced,warm and...oriental. People sleep on it, but it is a reference oriental scent in the scene.

It's so good I feel like I don't even deserve to wear it.

Overall smell and quality is definitely 10/10 for me. Compliments are also off the charts, so I think I have my new winter signature scent.

Annick Menardo is a genius.

jht4060
jht4060

I consider Jaipur Homme and YSL La Nuit (de l'Homme) to be my main reference scents for masculine spicy Orientals. Both are silky smooth and sophisticated yet project a distinctive spiciness. The La Nuit spice is focused mostly on cardamom, and the Jaipur spice is a blend of cinnamon, carnation, and cardamom (and maybe a bit of anise not listed?). Jaipur has a modest benzoin-tonka sweetness throughout, which gives it a soft richness more than overt sweetness. The middle has a touch of white floral but you won't know it unless you pay close attention. Finally, the spice notes fade gradually into a lightly Oriental cedary base. The whole journey feels more polished and urbane than is usual with spice-dominated scents.

Some spicy men's perfumes are loud and a bit brash (one of them comes in a loud and brash gold bottle). Jaipur Homme is their cultured uncle. Though he would never admit it, the brash nephew admires his uncle and wants to grow up to be like him.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This smells like all the highlights of the original "Opium" by YSL, but more diffused, less powdery and ultimately more masculine.

If you're a guy who really likes "Opium", but you're not sure about wearing a women's perfume, you should definitely try this. Probably the most balanced spicy Oriental I've tested so far, and really good value.

Definite recommend.

hansito
hansito

I am 100% with CDGfan, I tried the EDP and is long-lasting way more than the EDT, still fabulous though. I love Annick Menardo creations.

CDGfan

The creamy iris drydown in this is superb but make sure you get the clouded EDP bottle not the IFRA clear bottle, which lacks the strong creamy drydown and is very short lived.
9.5/10 for the pre 2012 formulation
5/10 for the current version.

OdeKlotyo
OdeKlotyo

The purrfect oriental for men? Probably so.
Great news - widely available in Hungary again. Even the eau de parfum, which is the formulation to go for, as others said before. Hunt it down!
Oh and easy on the eyes and gorgeous to hold too if presented in the rechargeable anodized metal casing.

cytherian
cytherian

I bought it blind for the bottle. Honestly!

Jaipur Homme EDP comes in a curious edition that has a metal bracket surrounding the glass, seamlessly looking like part of the bottle. On the box it said "refillable" so I was eager to buy this for the future point at which I could re-use the beautifully designed bottle for other fragrances (if Jaipur didn't have long term appeal for me). Well, it isn't actually refillable. The metal bracket separates, allowing the standard glass bottle to be swapped out for a new one. So you cannot refill the liquid in the glass bottle.

But the fragrance is what most people want to know about. I won't get into repetitive details about the notes, so I'll just convey my own impressions.

Frankly, at first I was put off by the heavy sweet spicy cinnamon aroma that saturated my wrist. This is an oily fragrance! It smells delicious, almost like a confection. The dry-down is what you have to wait for. That's when the intensity dissipates and the sweetness sinks back. Jaipur Homme has a sweet spicy quality with a wonderful carnation/rose/jasmine floral accompaniment. Use it sparingly and only on special occasions as I think it would be too much as a daily fragrance. Still, one worth having in your collection. :-) 8.9/10.

p.s. I have to confess that at times, even when I'm already wearing a different fragrance, I'll spray Jaipur on one of my hands just so I can smell it. I usually do that with just samples, but with Jaipur it's hard to resist.

lovetribe
lovetribe

adult edt that is better than edp.
good for all season!!!!

Layzie
Layzie

The cinnamon provides Jaipur Homme with a hint of sweetness. The overall combination of tonka, benzoin, patchouli, jasmine, and cardamom gives this odd medicine-like zing. I couldn't detect any of the citrus notes.

It just didn't react well with my skin. None of my friends enjoyed this one on me. I think it might have that peculiar appeal that Joop Homme has, which also didn't work with my chemistry.

MADAYTON77
MADAYTON77

Aren't there days that upon awakening you somehow have to muster through whether it be a family affair with the in-laws or that dreaded work project that needs immediate attention. To tip the scales in my favor I find that edge in how I approach the day and in many cases I am drawn to that comfort scent that has proven over and over to be the insulation to difficult environments ahead and give confidence and general transcendent happiness. That masterpiece has been Boucheron's Jaipur Homme EDP. Wow! just thinking about it makes me giddy. This oriental spicy offering just sends you to another plane of scent awareness.
I must say I blind bought this some years ago and to think you have to pay over the odds for perfection, well this offering proves that fallacy wrong. I hope some of the Niche houses take note. This is a fragrance not just done right but exceeds all expectations. This is a gem in the rough.

All 10's across the board.

manzoor86
manzoor86

i am lucky,i have got the frosted bottle,i guess it is the one before the reformulation,
starts off with citrus and burst of sweet cinnamon,
heart notes resembles that of shalimar EDC upto some extent,i have only applied it today i will review it again.
great fragrance.must try.

sachin32
sachin32

Another fail due to reformulation,EDT lasts only few minutes and after 30-45 mins its completely gone not even traces of smell.
Please don't waste your money on this new clear bottle as mentioned earlier by few friends too;if only you find the old frosted one,then buy it.
Mine is july 2012 make.complete waste of my money,feeling very sad right now.

Oslo-fjord

Jaipur homme (edp) is a masterpiece in the oriental-spicy category. A fragrance for the sophisticated well dressed genteman. This is class and elegance in a bottle. Always a pleasure to wear this delicious fragrance..

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

I was gifted a used bottle of the EDT and im in LOVE. This might just be my favorite to wear. Fresh citrus with deep vanilla and a little bit of powdery spice. I can never stop smelling myself when I wear this, even in public lol. I just feel so clean and comfortable in this one. As soon as I run out I think I might buy the EDP strength bottle.

roll4fun
roll4fun

Test spray on wrist: Got some cinammon/spicy notes that smelled OK enough with moderate projection.
However, frag smelled too much like an old lady's fragrance for my liking. I scrubbed it off when I got home, maybe an excess mix of benzoin/patchouli notes pushed this over into "OLT". (Old Lady Territory)

Bunino
Bunino

I wanted to love this one. I was so disappointed. I almost did a blind buy too. I got lucky. Holy hell. I know this is a classic...but my lord, it smells like a man's Shalimar.. way too much going on and dare I say... very old man-ish... not in an Azzaro kind of way but in a "I like my grandma's perfume, let me smell like her" kinda way.

libou
libou

EDP version is masterpiece

merzeng
merzeng

عطری عالی و خوشبو که رایحه عالی دارچین آنرا همراهی میکند و هفتاد درصد شباهت بو با ایتالین سایپرس از تام فورد دارد اما بوی شیرین تری از تام فورد دارد.ماندگاری و پخش بوی خیلی خوبی دارد و احساس آرامش عجیبی منتقل میکند.این عطر مناسب هوای سرد و سن سی سال به بالا میباشد.واقعا کار بی نظیری است.

Bbjr
Bbjr

As mentioned below, the reformulated version is a joke. It lasts about 10 minutes. Certainly smells great for that 10 minutes but then, GONE!. Get the old version with the frosted bottle.

farno
farno

"What is the big difference between the EDT and EDP for this frag? "

Not much, I have them both, tried them side by side and honestly, I could not find any difference between them. Longevity and silage are the same too.
I love the scent.

Greg1965
Greg1965

What is the big difference between the EDT and EDP for this frag?

Housebliss
Housebliss

I love it. Women who smell me love it.

The EDT lasts 12 hours +.

Perfect sillage.

Special.

Love.

Hoxx
Hoxx

An obligatory scent in an olfactory journey of a perfumista, this is what a sweet oriental should be.

The way Ms Menardo surrounded often overwhelming cinnamon note is fascinating. A fresh opening hides the story of a fragrance for some time, but it lasts shortly. Then it becomes a cloud of sweet spices, mostly cinnamon, resins and perfectly selected and dosed carnation note. A blend of such notes can be nauseating if not properly done, but it was so perfectly mannered in this perfume. Joined by a weak, but present jasmine and woods, it gets even more complex in the drydown, making this even more special. This is much more than a simple conglomerate of notes – every single note makes its presence known in some way but without a single overdone note.

Jaipur lasts a half of the day for sure, sometimes even more. It projects in waves, at least on me. This is a scent that reminds you every once in a while that it’s here. I can occasionally spot a whiff from my forearm even if I wear a long sleeved shirt. It is strong but not loud, sweet but not cloying. A masterpiece.

I think that, when I get to my thirties, I have two strong candidates for a signature scent. Chanel Egoiste, and this one. Right now I cannot pull it off like I’d love to, but I’ll wait. If they ever discontinue this one, I’ll take that personally.

9.75/10

deeply11
deeply11

Absolutely amazing. Masterpiece.

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

Classic and a Masterpiece!! Cinnamon seduction, smooth powder, and a regal presentation.. Jaipur is outstanding! Standing ovation!! This is a spicy oriental at it's finest.. From an olfactory standpoint I salute thee...

Mansour Hamad
Mansour Hamad

this is an old school classic fragrance. it has a fresh opening, sweet and aromatic. the heart is spicy and the drydown is sweet and a fading floral earthy smell. perfect in the night for all year around. to me I give this masterpiece:
scent: 9/10
sillage: 9/10
longevity: 9/10
overall: 9/10

scenturian
scenturian

Well this is masterpiece without doubt.
My all time most favourite oriental.
Super sillage and projection.
Highly recommended. I prefer Edp version over Edt however the scent is almost same.

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

Overall rating: * * *

NOTA BENE: This review is for the EDP version.

A benzoin-packed sweet oriental bordering on the gourmand. There is a lot to like about Jaipur, enough in fact that I considered giving it a 4th star. The signature Annick Menard drydown is there, and there is a certain decadent charm to its sweet-and-spicy opening. It has its admirers, and I can understand why.

Alas, it leaves me a little cold. The opening is just too richly sweet, the benzoin notes too prominent for my liking. This feels like a slightly undisciplined rough draft for Menard's five star masterpiece, Bvlgar Black.

Duncan24
Duncan24

An ancient and mystical fragrance I've enjoyed for many years. Temple incense wafting on an evening breeze, a crackling Fall fireplace with mulled wine, and the warmth of Cashmere all poured into one bottle. Bergamot, Carnations, and Patchouli remain as a lingering gesture on my skin long after I first apply it. I use the shower gel in the bath, then a layer of the after shave balm on my forearms and chest, then comes the EDP spray. It's never failed me in delivery. Only for cocktails or full dress. Much, much too special for everyday, but then again, I wish everyday was special like this enchanting scent!

RUDOLFO512

I own the Eau de Parfum version of Jaipur. It is a classical beauty and deserves to be classified as ELEGANT and MASCULINE. It's Oriental notes are absolutely magnificent. Jaipur lasts a long time on my skin and I love that. I usually wear it for special occasions. I love it that much!

vaiduakhu
vaiduakhu

Woody Spicy and well blended. It's my type of fragrance. Straight to my to buy list lol.

billem
billem

Boucheron Jaipur Homme EDP

I discovered it by accident on the web,
I found FRAGRANTICA along the way and read all the reviews about it,
I decided to have it and bought it,
I had to wait long,so I desired it ever more,
I tried it and honestly was disappointed,what am i to do with it now?
The next day was a new day and this time my nose felt in love,
Something magic happened and everytime I wear it,that magic comes over & over again where oriental and sweet notes are intertwined in harmonious dancing waves with a prevalence of one and then other notes that take you where they want with infinite renewed and unpredictable surprise.
Be aware,it can be dangerously addicting

Ichariot
Ichariot

Moderately sweet and extremely delicious, it's almost gourmand. Very nice longevity, I think the sillage is just right! Easy to fall in love with, but still not generic by any means.

The drydown is absolutely heavenly, velvety, rich, smooth, deep and delicious. It's like diving in to a bottomless ocean of milky cream yum yum. I wanna eat myself

This is a great choice for those who like spicy orientals (don't get me wrong though, the spice in this is not fresh, it's not hot, it's not sharp, it's veeeeeery smoth), I can easily compare this with Opium and couldn't tell which one is better. It's that good.

bcoops

Cosmo London is right on the money...having never tried this before I picked one up in the all clear bottle...I thought it was good but not the real powerhouse some were claiming...I got the EDP and that was better...I happen to look on ebay and saw the half frosted glass EDT tester...I picked it up and let me tell you it even blows away the NEW EDP by a mile...massive beast....now this is jaipur homme!!!!!

amer1212
amer1212

What i can say to this lovely scent its one of the best sensual oriental spicy magical scents ever made for a sexy man...i buy it once twice...and i don't know exactly how many times i bought it!!!!

.its start little citrusy sweet and gone in seconds then get spicy warm and sweet and fine with jasmine & rose & carnation with cinnamon touch in the middle and i can smell it in the notes with powdery touche in the base with tonka & vanilla with little cedar touch & warm patchouli i recommend its a MASTERPIECE from boucheron and one of my favorite oriental scents ever made.

Tnx˝ Annick menardo˝ for this magical perfect sexy scent again.

for ˝Jaipur˝ 10/10.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

This is the scent I wore on my Wedding Day, my Honeymoon, my Anniversaries, Christmas Days, New Years Parties, Birthdays etc etc etc. For a special occasion, it is the only scent I will go to. Simply put, nothing else comes close in terms of class, sophistication, sexiness and exotic orientalist style. And what I also love is that it works well on me, in any weather. I would consider this to be the finest scent I own and my wife was besotted by it the first time she smelled it on me after a random blind buy of a discounted gift pack. The EDT (clear bottle) is more citrussy and spicy, whereas the EDP (partly frosted bottle) is more rich in vanilla and is more of a heavy oriental, I have them both, but prefer the EDP. For me, it is the finest male fragrance ever created! Love it!!!

Pedro Belarmino
Pedro Belarmino

Não é fácil de utilizar o Jaipur, Ele é um perfume muito forte e que pode causar nauseas se usado de forma incorreta. Moro em um lugar de clima quente e úmido, esses fatores não favorecem o uso do Jaipur em minha região.
Contudo, se trata de um perfume único, poucas pessoas conhecem ou usam. Tem uma fixação excelente, dura mais de 12 horas e uma projeção tao incrível que quando o uso seu cheiro fica nos corredores de meu apartamento durante o dia inteiro.
O preço dele é bastante salgado, mas vale muito a pena devido a exclusividade.
Minha esposa adora quando o uso para sair e sempre fica surpresa quando acordamos na manhã seguinte e o cheiro ainda permanece forte em meu corpo e em minha roupa.
Jaipur é um perfume inesquecível, exclusivo, chique e marcante.

Cosmo London
Cosmo London

I have just received Boucheron Jaipur Pour Homme from a large internet seller here in the UK and I am to return it for a refund. The fragrance I received is a travesty of the original Jaipur. The original formulation came in a half frosted bottle and was simply magnificent and two sprays lasted all day. The fragrance spelt exotic, rich and incredibly classy. I still have it. The new reformulation comes in a very similar bottle with no half frosting and the scent is quite different, cinnamon but thin and a bit chemical rubberish. It's vile. A terrible reformulation. If you can get the original Jaipur in the half frosted bottle snap it up. Don't bother to buy the newer one in the all clear bottle with cheap blue and gold top. Am sad and disillusioned. Truly.

GMK
GMK

ohhhh my my.... what a fragrance it is ... Beautiful Oriental... why ... i mean why i got this gem after discontinuation............Awesome work of a woman who knows what a man wants...............Bravo.

lackocult
lackocult

Finally, I had a chance to test the legendary oriental powerhouse Jaipur, after a friend of mine brought me a generous sample from Germany. Of course, i've read all the extatic rewievs of this one , so maybe i was too .. dunno..extatic myself about it, probably expected too much, like the walls gonna come down or..well, unfortunately , that's just not the case..a very nice cinnamon something, but not more .. on me , at least..

Now , i'm just a little bit afraid to test my next project : M7

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

Well, this is a fragrance worth trying. I was a bit nervous that since cinnamon is the dominant note in this that I would absolutely hate it. Cinnamon is pronounced but it's low key at the same time. It gives this fragrance the kick and spice it needs, much like the bitter spice that big red gum has. That's the type of cinnamon used in this. It goes on very sharp, almost citrusy with the bergamot and lime greeting us. Then it quickly turns spicy/sweet all the way to the drydown which comes pretty quickly for me and remains to be a sweet/powdery very soothing and pleasant aroma.

I think this one is a winner in it's genre of orientals and I don't know about the EDT but the EDP lasts for over 12 hours on my skin. I sprayed it on at about 9 pm last night and by 11 am when I showered, it was still very much there. The projection is good. You can easily dictate how much this will project by the amount of sprays you use. I used two and I was surrounded by a cloud of Jaipur but it wasn't overpowering. You could probably go 3-4 sprays at the most but any more than that, you would be doing a disservice to those around you. It's also a very expensive smell that can be found for a very reasonable price. I bought my brand new tester off of ebay for $33. Other fragrances on ebay can be risky with all the fakes floating around, but this is pretty safe since it's not mass-marketed like Le Male or ADG.

I can't wait to start wearing this around consistently but will have to wait for the cooler weather. It's not very good for summer and hot weather because it's very sticky and cloying in the humidity. All in all, a very well done masculine fragrance.

Projection - 8
Longevity - 10
Scent - 9

No True Scotsman
No True Scotsman

Sadly, this doesn't work on me at all. From the second I spritzed, it's just been one big creamy mass of enamel-shatteringly sweet cinnamon. Yes, it smells yummy! In fact I keep having to resist the urge to eat my own arm. But I'm not getting anything citrusy or spicy or woodsy *at all*, nothing to balance the sticky sweetness, which I'm very sad about. Possibly this is because I am a woman, so maybe different skin something-something-science? Although a number of men's fragrances work well on me.

Anyway, I will say this: it has been 16 hours since I applied two sprays to my wrist, I have since washed my hands and wrists numerous times, done dishes, changed my clothes and rowed over 10k - still it lasts. The longevity is truly impressive.

I would highly recommend this to anyone, man or woman, whose body chemistry actually brings out its full potential. Lucky them!

manos1965
manos1965

EDP version
Quite feminine in the first half hour
Quite interesting in the midle notes
Divine drydown
Longevity is unbelievable. At least 24 hours smells even after taking bath
Sillage strong but not enormous
It can be unisex oriental frangrance
Thanks Annick Menardo

Scent mystery
Scent mystery

@ molko its suitable for man preferably, its dry and balmy. Couldnt be used as unisex, bt only a strong middle age woman can use it. Modern and classic at the same time.

Zerga55
Zerga55

I Wear This. I AM "THE BEAST FROM THE EAST". 10/10.

kanak
kanak

Ive had an EDP version for a long time and finally picked up an EDT as well and not much difference between the two apart from better longevity for the EDP though not by much. this is by far one of the best orientals ever made. my dad wore this for many years and i always thought this smelled so refined and classy. dont think the younger fruity fresh crowd will like it as i think you have to be a little bit mature to pull this off. some similarities to YSL Opium for men so if you like that you will probably like this as well. lasts forever, i can smell it on my clothes the next day. perfume 10/10, sillage 8/10, longevity 10/10. one of the all time greats, i will always have a bottle of this!!

laurentdeneuilly
laurentdeneuilly

Hello,

I am writing about the EDP but the EDT also tested is not very different (difference in concentration and the EDP is a bit more spicy).

It is warm and sweet. The "citrus" opening is discreet, then the spices (cinnamon !) and resin are durably in the foreground without being agressive. There is a background of floral and woody notes which remain a long time (more than 12 hours on my skin, more than 24 hours on my shirt...). It is oriental but without "pepper", it remains highly civilized (Jaipur, not the jungle).

Longevity and sillage are really good in the EDT and excellent in the EDP.

If you like oriental fragrances or if you are looking for an original perfume for the next Fall or Winter, you must try this one. It will warm you up !

PS : now the bottle cap has more gold and less blue

RUDOLFO512

Jaipur has CLASS written all over it. It is a warm oriental, spicy scent that makes me and my nose very happy. I wore it this morning to work and I already got 3 compliments. Then again, I ALWAYS get compliments when I wear it. This is defenitely one of my all time favorite scents.

vikas
vikas

EDT- Harsh Opening that lasts just for exactly 5-10 mins.. Then becomes an expensive talcum powder like Floral.. & after an hour it enters the most phenomenal drydown you will ever smell out there.. A smooth Vanilla Cinammon with a hint of subtle woods.. The smoothness of the transition from top notes to middle to base notes is just like a weave of magic.. Soooo slick and classy.. KUdOS to Annick Menardo.. This is just pure perfume wizardery.. Stunning Fragrance.. !!

mysticaldeath
mysticaldeath

ive been looking for carnation and heliotrope variants for men for years now. somehow i overlooked this before. i know it had been on my radar, but for some reason didnt get me the first time around. fast forward to now.

reminds me of the old classics from Guerlain like Jicky and Mouchoir de Monsieur, but not in a derivative way. forges its own clever signature in a remarkable contrast and tension between warm carnation like spices and cool heliotrope. comforting, dry, not gourmand, a winner. 2 birds with 1 stone! reviewed for EDP. there is a small thread of tinsel or something metallic weaving though here that maybe takes a little bit getting used to

bcoops

holy cow....i just got a sample of the EDT and its love at first sniff.. I have to admit i was not expecting much from this..but pleasently surprised!!!. is the EDP just a stronger version of this? worth having both?

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Jaipur, a creation of Annick Mernardo not have much to say about it.
Oriental spicy, classic and mature.
Open the file with a citrus, bergamot perhaps, but that does not matter because the tone spicy already takes in seconds with cardamom.
The heart even more, the cinnamon, sweet and warm, and the accompanying floral tones, but understated. The carnation appears, i believe that setting the tone more mature, classic fragrance.
Base scent of vanilla, by the notes of tonka bean and benzoin, true classic oriental, amazing!

tomerits
tomerits

beautiful scent.the opening is like YSL opium (which i love) but after 10 min it changes to a real cinnamon masterpiece.a very long lasting perfume with one of the best dry downs ever.perfect for special occasions in cold weather.
i love it.
my rank 5/5.

This is MAGIC!

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I bought this stunning ''thang!'' for my hubby for Valentinesday! :) We tested it once in a store and it was love at first smell! I'm gonna give it to him tonight... mmmmmmmmmm.... can't wait to smell this on him! Yummie!! :)

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

LIFE IS NOT PERFECT, There Isn't a thing which you seek is perfect, your wife, your job..your.. car..nothing is perfect and neither can ever a bottle of perfume be perfect, but Jaipur Homme Eau de Parfum comes pretty darn close to what the idea of perfection can be!

Its rich,opulent yet not a maximalist and has the an air of a true debonair, understated and befit a true king, this is one of the best oriental perfumes for men,period! and coming from the house of Boucheron, who's jeweler attributes are passed on to the bottle design fits the olfactory experience, unfortunately; however - I've always felt that Boucheron never really took center stage with their perfumes and Jaipur in particular, at one point there was difficulty obtaining one, then the new version did not fit the metal refillable flacon which was sold before at a higher price which was supposed to increase the "Pride of Ownership", of such a masterpiece! all in all, Boucheron kind of placed itself off, and lost some of its glory, through messy distribution and disinterest as a whole into the art of perfumery and what they have just produced through master perfumer Annick Menardo.

Its sad that Boucheron has a clear winner and chose to never let it run another race, i clearly see an intense, more opulent version of Jaipur succeeding in the future given the market for better ingredients in the niche segment, but i am sure whoever they singed off their perfume rights for the next few years, will ride along the safe passage just like what the previous licensee did for many years that preceded! creating duds Epicees and Fraicheurs, which was somewhat stale in comparison to the Orignal Jaipur Eau de Parfum.

I really hope that someone from Boucheron, take the steering in control, and lead the company into creating many more masterpieces and improving upon scents which are already pivotal in the world of perfumery!

Afterall, i keep asking myself, the idea of a business is to make money, and when you make money from one successful venture, its only commonsense your further the strategy until you reach reach a saturation point as true as this is for Boucheron, there can only be a single stroke of genius and for Annick Mernado, Jaipur homme is the master-stroke.

My Rating 9/10

Wear it like a true king!

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

What to say of Jaipur Homme (EDP)? Well, basically, it's simply magnificent! It takes you on a wonderfull olfactory cruise which starts at a lovely soft citrus garden where you get to pick out your lemons and limes. You're then instructed to sprinkle some cinnamon on your lemons and limes to sweeten them up for the floral garden to come. As you arrive at the floral garden, you're warmly welcomed by the most beautiful bouquet of Roses, Jasmine, and Carnations delivered still with a masculine cinnamon accord that will smooth out at the next stop. Now that you've picked up your soft cinnamon bouquet, you're free to drop your lemons and limes into the ocean as you approch the land of Tonka. Once you step out onto the land, you feast your nose with cedar trees and scattered patchouli leaves that leave you in awe - so much so that you drop your bouquet which puffs away the remains of cinnamon into the night breeze and are left to bask in the magnificence... Yes...This is what happens when you lose yourself in some Jaipur Homme... Enjoy the journey! :)

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

5/5 for the EDP. You forgot the Héliotrope in the top notes. That's what it makes it powdery at start.
One of the best "designers" fragrance out there! I can say at start it nearly catch the opulence of an Amouage with the "all in your face out of the bottle". Sweet, spicy (cardamom and cinnamon), floral and powdery (héliotrope)... Wow! I got the 100mL EDP for Christmas and I am verry happy!

Ale
Ale

Jaipur EDP version: this fragrance develops an aura of sweet warm tenderness. Outstanding longevity.Pure class.

1welshdevil

Magic Potion in a bottle, no other word for this fragrance then PERFECTION, utter gorgeousness, you can't help but fall in love, Thanks Boucheron x

hush718
hush718

wow, this scent is wonderful. for those who love to leave a trail behind, this isnt for you. but, if you have a significant other, they wouldn't want to leave your side.

modernmabuse

This is MAGIC, this is AWESOME, this is PERFUME, this is BOUCHERON, this is JAIPUR...

fuggerone
fuggerone

the original was an heavy blast, the new one is incredibly watered down easy for these new times, but when out was a totally different beast!

Zenobia274
Zenobia274

One of the best and most sublime men's fragrances ever made. Whether I smell it on a man passing by or whenever I wear it...(get a plethora of comments, "ooooh delicious - divine - sexy"), it's simply exquisite and ravishing at the same time.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A stunning tonka bean-cinammon, mature, soft yet strong EDT, with great projection and longevity, sexy and loveable and affordable..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 8 Hours. 1.25 foot projection. OMG! Such a soft, smooth, cosy classic, no bitterness or gunk, clean as a whistle. Smooth, mature manly cinammon delight - ages 48 - 62, yet it could easily be pulled of by much younger. This is class in a bottle without being pretentious - its like Givenchy PI in a cut suit - PI is a dishvelled mess in comparison to the poise of this frag.. Mostly linear frag which starts all cinammon but soon tonka bean combines to create something warm and sexy.

8 hours -12 hours - 4 inch projection

12 hours -15 hours - 1 inch projection

Next Day - Close to skin

For the more mature sexy gent, who has still got it, smooth not arrogant...supremely wise, and still very playful....

Masterpiece

divan.badenhorstbotha
divan.badenhorstbotha

Love at first sniff!!!!!!

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

Recently tested EDP, couple times to establish my feelings (not only opinion) about this legendary perfume.

Well, I am disappointed because it just soaks into my skin. Even though the longevity is marvelous, the sillage is from the beginning to the end very close to the skin. In fact, while having it on my wrist I get best results washing my hands in warm water. So I wouldn't be exaggerating saying it lacks steam.

The scent itself is indeed very pleasing, cosy, exquisite right from the beggining. I understand it's all about personal taste - here We can read some complaints about the top notes. I on the other hand find opening very satysfying - lime-directed citruses melted with flowery-creamy spiciness brings an exotic breeze. The core lacks citruses whisper but got the flowery and spicy, creamy aura. As written below, it's hard to distinguish notes, they play together just perfectly. The drydown is very fluffy and warm due to great balance of benzoin and vannilic notes. I'm not sure about the vanilla, however the Boucheron Paris claims quite diffrent about the fragrance notes:
Top note : Clove, Bergamot
Middle note : Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Violet
Bottom note: Vanilla, Amber

Briefly, it's a refined but quiet oriental fragrance. Very clean, intimate and calm. It definitely connects to a picture, where is holded in hands of a meditating man. I can't imagine it could offend anyone. Because of these values, I would recommend it for any occasion, even every day, especially if you're not in the mood for loud fragrance. Additionally, I find it not exactly manly, but very human. Maybe because it reminds me a little between YSL's Cinema and Cartier's Le Baiser Du Dragon.

EDIT 10.06.13:
Couple more tests on skin and it turned aout that projection of the EDP is good even on my skin, however quite one-dimensional (well blended) and my nose just addapt to this aroma absurdly quickly.
I have tested EDT version on paper blot and I must admit I am pleasantly surprised - it's fresher, not that thick as EDP. Indeed lighter and I look forward to test it on the skin.

kthsn
kthsn

This was a blind buy based on the comparisons to Givenchy's Pi (which I love).

The intial scent (1 min) in extremely unpleasant, hints of lime coupled in with a very strong almost alcoholic smell. At this point I almost wanted to trash it.

After an hour or so the lemon came out although not very intensely. The scent was very powdery at this point comprised of a somewhat floral scent. A little heavy at this point.

The drydown comes after 1.5 hours is what ultimately makes this EDT. It's heavenly. What else can I say? Just the perfect amount of sweetness with intriguing bits of cinnamon bursting through. Much less artificial then Pi but much much better.

Absolutely perfect to wear to class. It's elegant, someone else said a classy Givenchy Pi - perfectly true. 25+, maybe someone in early 20s who dresses well.

Scent - 9/10
Longevity - 7.5/10
Sillage - 5.5/10

Final word: definitely test it. The initial scent is disgusting but the dry down is possibly the best vanilla scent I've ever worn.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

Ohh Holy God. This is so sensational , just bought it, very warm, very classy. Suitable for warm season.its so cuddly.. very rare available..

Jay88
Jay88

A very nice scent! The cinnamon, floral, and incense notes standout most. It is smokey and a little bit powdery so just a little bit like Versace Dreamer - but more grown up. The sweetness is just the right level - sweet but not too sweet.

djinndc
djinndc

Bought this one based on a sample at the dept store and the reviews here at fragrantica. I absolutely love the cinnamon, florals and cozy warmth behind this. Superb for fall and winter. It has a decadent duration for the sensational soothing smooth creamy vanilla basenote.

What a great masculine scent!

Rating: 8.5/10

Oslo-fjord

It`s one of the best male oriental fragrances created EVER! This stuff is Regal.

stayclose
stayclose

This is what I get from bjh. The notes that I. Smell the most are cardamom, lemon, carnation, cinamon, and rose. This what I fell when wear it. In a good mood relaxed but in very royal way. Maybe looking up at the sky to stare at the stars for a while. Somewhat nostalgic.

purplesun
purplesun

Absurdly good oriental fragrance for men, simply the best ever created. Let me confess something to you, I am crazy about Joop! Homme, another oriental for men, but, wow, this one is in a class of its own. It has nothing of the loudness and arrogance of Joop! Homme. Jaipur pour Homme is smooth as silk, enveloping you with an aura that is hard to replicate - you just won't find a similar fragrance.
This is not a powerhouse, there aren't many notes in Jaipur, so you don't get the effect of the fragrance blob, which you wouldn't expect from a house like Boucheron anyway. Yet, there is something powerful in Jaipur, like whispering something profoundly true to someone.
As for the notes, there are spices, spices, and more spices in here. And soft flowers, especially carnation. The benzoin does a great job here, I think, somehow rounding the rough edges. Of course, only Annick Menardo would know how to achieve that, so I bow to you, Mrs. Menardo.

My infatuation would translate into a score of 10/10

busyworksbeats
busyworksbeats

This really takes time to get used to. It smells so authentic when you get used to it. I only used it before the gym and for formal events, but this scent is like owning a special jewel. Not an everyday scent by any means.

jrichart

En una frase ''noche de verano a la luz de la luna en el Taj Mahal'', esta es la impresión que me dió cuando probe Jaipur para hombre de Boucheron, Jaipur es la quintaesencia de lo que debe ser un oriental especiado y de lo que debe ser un perfume armonioso y bien balanceado. Jaipur, es un oriental especiado con tintes florales de una belleza magistral. En mi opinión el mejor oriental designer no niche que hay en el mercado junto con Habit Rouge de Guerlain. Jaipur, posee una belleza como puede ser una mujer oriental haciendo taichí en un jardín con jazmín y flores de loto. Es curioso como Boucheron al igual que Van Cleef & Arpels hallan manejado pese a ser casas dedicadas más a la joyería la perfumería con gran criterio. Si el célebre dueto de las flores de la ópera Lakme de Leo Delibés tuviera que llevar un aroma sería Jaipur de Boucheron. Jaipur al igual que su primo Boucheron Pour Homme son perfumes de los que hacen pensar a uno que no siempre lo conocido y solicitado tiene porque ser bueno porque a mi me ha sucedido en varias ocasiones y este ejemplo que les voy a poner a continuación sugiero en mi humilde consejo que lo cumplan cuando sea oportuno. Ejemplo, Caron es una casa con savor faire de la perfumería fracesa, tiene obras maestras de la perfumería de acuerdo pero en estas obras hay un perfume archiconocido por la mayoría de los conocedores de la perfumería que es Caron Pour Homme estamos de acuerdo que es un perfume que combina con originalidad lavanda y vainilla pero quizás no es llamativo e innovador como Boucheron Pour Homme o Jaipur Pour Homme. Ahora, tenemos Boucheron es una casa con savor faire en el terreno de joyería pero en la perfumería es una gran desconocida de acuerdo pero si pruebas Boucheron Pour Homme y Jaipur Pour Homme son obras maestras no famosas en sus correspondientes familias y también originales e innovadores, Boucheron Pour Homme en la chipre cítrico y Jaipur Pour Homme en la oriental especiada. En resumen, no siempre las casas con savor faire en la perfumería como son Caron, Guerlain, Chanel, etc tienen que ofrecer perfumes que cumplan con la razón calidad e innovación esta también las grandes desconocidas en terreno de la perfumería como son Van Cleef & Arpels y Boucheron que tienen perfumes casi más originales y sofisticados que Caron por ejemplo.

ZELJO
ZELJO

got a small sample of that one and I used it last Saturday night for a birthday party and then,clubbing...loved it, by the name I had imagined a more oriental, spicy fragance, but this is a sophisticated warm smell I loved to...probably will buy it soon...

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

I do prefer the limited edition version-Parfums de Joaillier.

It does have an 80's vibe to it.lasts all day and clearly meant for on older/mature wearer.this is saturated with sandalwood which shoots from top to drydown.It is listed as combining fresh notes of bergamot, orange, basil and verbena with a warm heart of spicy coriander, ylang-ylang, iris, citrus and Moroccan rose and then a rich base of intense sandalwood, patchouli and vetiver.

the sandalwood is really prominent here and quite overshadows the other notes even though you do know they are there.the interplay of notes is ok but yep the sandalwood is slightly overdone and that may put some people off but overall you do get a dry bitter-sweet smell that stays kind of linear all day.it is addictive though-to my nose.

Will do the trick for a cold day or evening and even for formal events.

Scarlette

This has always been my favorite men's fragrance, well, since it came out (before that it was Minotaure), and now I have decided that I want to wear it myself.
So rich and softly sweet; gently, carefully and expertly spiced, so classy, sexy, and elegant.

When my honey used to wear this, I could NOT leave him alone!!

It turns me on. I will be wearing it!!

UD: Told my Baby I'd be wearing it, and was vetoed. He will be buying it and wearing it! Great!

jrichart

Jaipur de Boucheron, todo un oriental especiado muy bien balanceado en cada una de sus facetas olfativas, para mí punto de vista, el oriental definitivo y uno de los referenciales en el mundo de la familia oriental masculina, sólo le ganan en perfumes orientales, Ambre Sultan y Chergui de Serge Lutens, Opium de YSL y Habit Rouge edp de Guerlain.

Migalex
Migalex

This is a lovely fragrance.I love the smell of cinnamon in it. Unfortunately, cinnamon fragrance oil is very aggressive to the skin, and so it is in this perfume on me. It starts itching and burning. It is a pity.
PS. It has been reformulated. Now it does not really smell of cinnamon, maybe some synthetic compound which has nothing to do with its natural scent and is very similar to other male oriental scents compositions. It is almost the same as Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, very very similar, the mais difference being the cardamom and (less) carnation spicy harshness in Jaipiur. I actually like it better than Le Mâle, because it seems to me to have more depth and is a bit stronger. Le Mâle is smoother. Other orientals like Hypnose, Opium and, less so, Pi, although different share a similar core theme: vanilla and some spicy or almond, and are close. I quite like this type of oriental male scents, they tend to me my favourite ones. Nevertheless, this theme is too common these days, it is all too much a matter of fashion and trend. I do not dislike it, I actually still like Jaipur very much, it is my favourite one amongst the ones I just mentioned, although not as much a before and it has become, as I said, a very common fashionable scent. The positive thing is that it does not burn my skin anylonger.

Review of the EdP. Though not a synthetic-smelling "blob," there isn't much note separation, which results in a creamy effect. It's like all the notes are going in the same direction. There is richness here, but not much else that I'm seeking. I guess the idea is rich, spicy smoothness, and it succeeds in achieving this effect. It's a bit too simple for me, and I find myself reaching for Diesel's Zero Plus au Masculin instead of this one when I want this kind of scent. I've got some of the aftershave of this one (never used) if anyone seeks a swap for it.

After testing, and possessing hundreds of fragrances, withers private blends or public .
I can say with full confidence that...” THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST” scent ever made!!
Jaipur is unique, warm, sexy, and elegant. The Tonka Bean smell in this perfume is unique and luxurious. This masterpiece will grab woooow’s from both genders mouth no matter how old they are!
I personally request all perfume collectors to give this masterpiece a shot.

Projection: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10

MrMookie

@milleto, its from 1997 and well, how long did you tried it? its a unique scent, and i first hated it too (first time) later i fell in love with it... so..

krmarich
krmarich

In 1998 this debuted with little fanfare. Boucheron had created the ultimate oriental for men. I stumbled across an EDP at a closeout store in 2002 and couldnt believe my nose. One drop is all it takes on your wrist. It literally lasted 24 hours! It easily fills a room. There is only one other spice cake to compare and that is the original YSL Opium.

There are a few notes left out of the above list-heliotrope, sandalwood, vanilla, nutmeg and amber. They all surround the carnation, jasmine and rose in the most perfect melange. There are times I sense Shalimar. It is a cold weather friend that warms the heart and draws other close. Sexy? Of course. Magnificent? In every way!!!

I tracked down an EDT because its more wearable. Whats up with the reformulation? There are 2 versions floating around. Look for one with the B watermark for the true experience. The rates are increasing daily. It is worth it. It is the scent of Maharajas and kings. I feel it is the last real mens fragrances to hit the market. It is refined, elegant, clean and seductive. Required in all mens wardrobe. Overlooked by most.

karsten
karsten

nun man sollte boucheron zum ausverkauf ihrer eigenen parufms recht herzlich gratulieren!die produktionsrechte sind an interparfums verkauft worden - für die nächsten 15 jahre.das edp - welches ich seit dem erscheinungsjahr trage -liegt in einer neuformulierung vor.ein absolut billiger abklatsch des einst so großartigen duftes - kostet dafür jetzt mehr als die vorgängerversion.hands off - wenn sie interparfums lesen!!!!!!!!!!!!
bye bye baby - es waren mehr als zehn wundervolle jahre - ich heule!

MrMookie

Its is in my top 5 of all time.
Not for everybody ! its very unique and yes it tells me a story... it took me away when it kicked in...
Its an odd one, i had asked 3 samples of 3 different scents back in 1998 before going on summer holiday at the perfume store.
One of them was Jaipur eau de parfum ,the others where more neutral and laidback standard smelling summer scents i cannot remember them anymore,but i hated japiur in the first place out of the the other 3!!
So i first used the other 2 putting them on the next days..but they didnt do it for me. at the end the little Jaipur sample was on my shelf all alone waiting for me to putt on..when i applied it it was okay it was very sweet n spicy but ok didnt bring me a headache so..
Then i got struck by its drydown!! what a scentbomb!! For me its a the perfect oriental summer scent because the warm sun gave this scent an extra dimension! it transforms in a good way and great longevity ...I would like this one in winter too.
I fell in love with its richness of diffrent notes.
In that summer vacation my scent made some head turns for sure and my girlfriend i met on isla la margarita island was totally in love with me and my perfume ;-) we where the perfect team in 98 and 99!
I def will buy this one again! what a scent!

Sillage - great
Longevity - up to 12 hrs and more!
Drydown - smooth as smooth can be

Scarlette

God I LOVE this stuff! Top 5 Best Man's Fragrances.
Better panty remover than gin.

Heverton
Heverton

Jaipur has a spicy opening where cardamom and cinnamon are the main players.

Through time these notes fade away a little bit giving space to a chord between benzoin and tonka bean. A very good fragrance that even launched in 98, remains better than a lot of things today.

Count_de_Farussi
Count_de_Farussi

I had the Eau de Parfum (Jaipur Homme). And this is the ultimate panty dropper. It is almost Heavenly! Very Smooth & Very Sensual

anton007
anton007

Another hidden treasure. It is the most perfect blend of jasmine, vanilla and cedar I have ever smelled. Quite a masterpiece!! I love it!

Bandit
Bandit

Smells like a man in a bottle.

Good.

samihardanian
samihardanian

Not for everyone.Recommended for special occasions only.

longevity : 10/10
Sillage 9/10
Scent 10/10
projection : 10/10
overall smell : 9/10
recommended age : 35 and up

johngreenink
johngreenink

I wore this once in the late 90's, from a sample pack I received at a department store. The comments from my work associates were not too pleasant. I needed to wash some of the scent off my skin because it really was very, very strong.

I think the problem with this scent is that it has so many elements that it's simply overpowering. It seems to want to be everything at once: light and sweet, deep and leathery, floral, oak-mossy, green... aaaa!?!?! I also think it reminds me of too many other scents combined into one (I remember thinking that it smelled a bit like Jean Patou's 'Joy' mixed with Chanel's 'Pour Monsieur'.) I would be curious to know how this scent smells on a woman, I venture to guess it may suit a woman's skin chemistry better.

midos
midos

spicy citrus fragrance! very sharp!
longevity and sillage very good. its more classic than modern!

jcastano
jcastano

This fragrance is the most perfect definition of an oriental/spicy! It is incredibly well blended and absolutely wondeful if used in small amounts. I have extremely dry skin and am lucky to get any type of longevity or sillage on anything but this beauty here gave me 12+ hours with only 2 spritzs and had everyone 3 feet from me telling me how great I smell!

The vanilla, amber, and nutmeg play very well off one another giving off a smooth, sweet, gourmandish licorice feel to it but the added clove and tonka bean balance the sweetness and almost give it a light incensey masculine feel. Id say it is a psuedo gourmand because of the way it comes off but it's oriental more than anything.

When I smelled this for the first time, I immediately had a flashback of being 6 years old and watching my dad stand in front of the mirror, reach into the medicine cabinet in the restroom, pull out the TRES FLORES BRILLANTINE pomade, and apply it as he slicked his hair back with his pocket comb. The smell of the pomade filled the rooms in the house and his truck. Thats what this smells like to me, Tres Flores! It's not at all a bad thing, infact, it's devine! So very masculine and mature, but so much that I gave my bottle away. This fragrance is pure class and sophistication, such likes that I've never encountered before, and I can't see anyone below 40 pulling this off in anything less than a suit and tie. However, when I'm 40, I will definitely be repurchasing this again!

andy
andy

I really like this stuff, its very refreshing and spicy at the same time.......most likely for night time use

Anup
Anup

I had never heard of Boucheron before i really got into fragrances. More or less i forced myself to be introduced to it, because i knew that Annick Menardo had created this one. I was under the assumption that this would be special, and boy was i entirely correct.
Jaipur is sweet, but not candy-like in any way shape or form. It's woody without being dusty or irritating, and spicy without muting the other notes. A true work of art, and because of this scent i will be looking further into Boucheron.
I have said it before, and i'll say it again. Annick Menardo is the master of refined sweet fragrances (body kouros, Xeryus rouge, LLAM,Fuel for life). Not regal enough to be a "dress up" only fragrance, and too well made to be a strictly casual creation. Jaipur, in my opinion, is great for a dinner, work or while hanging out with friends and family.

The top:

Is interesting, there is lime there no doubt, i find it hard to ignore once my nose latches onto it. Margarita esque, the lime in this composition almost has a "soaked in booze" smell to it. Cardamom in the top notes are very interesting, one doesn't often see them there, rather in the middle and base. By doing it this way i feel like there is much more character from the beginning (don't get this confused with being "front loaded"). Lemon and bergamot are clearly included in the top to cut it a bit, and to clean things up. Don't want things getting too bold too quickly!

The heart:

After sifting through a FOG of rich carnation, one may be able to start differentiating the middle of this fragrance. To sidetrack a second, i believe that the carnation in this fragrance is what gives it it's "fancy" qualities.
Powdery jasmine co-operates together with cinnamon to sort of create a "pollen dusted earthy spice" accord. Very interesting and unique. One will also find rose, wich is paired perfectly with the strong carnation. Moist, innocent and sweet, rose makes up for many other notes rudeness.

The base:

Sunny, inviting patchouli is there to greet you warmly at the dry down. Strong, but not obnoxious the patchouli performs as a "binder" of sorts for the base, allowing all of the other accords a floor to stand on. Once ones nose smells past the patchouli the earthy, sweet tonka beans are thrown onto the soft wet sand to bake in the sun. Benzoin crystals are what add a soft of "at the beach" tone to this piece. I imagine a flower shop on the boardwalk. It may be the combination of the benzoin and cedar, i'm not too sure.

I approve

Smell: 9
Longevity: (on me) 4 (my skin HATES some fragrances)
Sillage: (while it lasts) 6

gregmech26
gregmech26

Jaipur Homme is a very rich, natural-smelling, and refined vanilla fragrance for men. If you like the vanilla in Givenchy Pi then you will love the grown up vanilla in Jaipur.

I prefer the EDT over the EDP, as the EDT has more of that vanilla fluffyness compared to the more spicy version of the EDP (which keeps the vanilla in check).

Jaipur Homme has powerful sillage and is a rather unique scent. A hidden gem indeed. Not many people know about this masterpeice. I always get compliments while wearing Jaipur. I would recommend Jaipur for adults over 30 who have exquisite taste, and if you don't want to be wearing what everyone else has on.

masboi
masboi

sweet and powdery... as simple as that.

not for everyone, but i really adore this particular fragrance.

recommended for special occasions only.

longevity : 10/10
projection : 10/10
overall smell : 9/10
recommended age : 25 and up

if you love musc ravageur, or chergui, you'll probably like this scent. it have the same vibe.

Notes from Boucheron site: Lemon, Bergamot, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Heliotrope, Wood, Vanilla

Jaipur is a great oriental spicy sharing more than one similiarity with both Shalimar and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin but while the first turns to a dominant vanilla drydown and the second surely exceeds in the gourmandic aspect, Jaipur is perfectly balanced by the clever use of heliotrope. A rich citrus-bergamot opening with cinnamon, nutmeg and heliotrope playing a remarkable role. In the drydown it turns to be delightfully powdery and woody with a consistent dose of vanilla that's perfectly balanced and orchestrated to never become overwhelming or even dominant. Very rich, tremendously long lasting and even a bit loud but masterfully executed. A favourite.

Sample first, not for everybody.

Rating: 8/10 (edt)
8.5/10 (edp)

Angel10
Angel10

This is my VERY FAVORITE men's fragrance!

It is very sexy, manly, deep, and I want to jump my guy
every time he wears it!

Classy, rich, and not a 'me too' scent, which is great. I hate when all guys smell the same. Perfect balance between sweet & masculine.

If you would like to stand out as a cut above the rest, this would be the potion for you!

Cylob
Cylob

I always wanted a bottle of this, but now it's discontinued. I still can buy one, but I can't stand the idea of starting to love this fragrance knowing I won't be able to buy it again once it's finished.
There's too many discontinued fragrances I loved in the past already. So with pain in my heart: I'll pass... :(

periquito89
periquito89

This is an exception. And I can understand why some couldn't find an occasion so easily. If I consider Herrera for Men one of the most elegants scents around there, Jaipur is so far the one that most bring to my mind the idea of sophistication. I no wonder anymore why Mont Blanc Presence is a hit beyond success young adults where I live, but it can't reach the quality of Jaipur. After trying a lot, this is for me the reference of a great oriental. Try before you buy it, specially if you are used to the post-modern scents.

Lestat
Lestat

This is a beautiful evening fragrance.its not one of those which you wear casually everyday. will be loved by those who like oriental fragrance.. with vanilla notes... long lasting.. go easy on the trigger.

guest_Kam
guest_Kam

I have it and love it, its best ever. Scared, wont find any more therefore use it on ocassions.

Anybody recommends anything similar or better?

lfmars98
lfmars98

Sampled at Nordstrom on my arm. This is very nice. Opens with creamy citrus and drys down to a smooth spice and vanilla scent. This is on my to buy list.

Edit: I get 8 hours max and medium sillage. It's only a beast at the opening on my skin.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This is 1 of my leading scents I love to wear in the fall & winter months! its sweet,sexy & it always draws people close! Its a winner! In my opinion it is THEE BEST oriental scent out on the market! I give it 9/10!

Lost Argonaut
Lost Argonaut

What drew my attention to Jaipur was some reference to its similarity with Givenchy's Pi - I really liked Pi, yet its longevity and projection were huge disappointment.

Jaipur brought to my nose that familiar sweet vanilla note of Pi - but the similarities ended there. The complex and elegant structure, lush spices with comforting sweet notes and bold projection make Jaipur perhaps the best example of the male Orientals. The drydown is warm, sensual and somewhat bitter.

I am very happy with Jaipur EDT's scent life of well over 8 hours - however, its strength requires to find the fine balance of application - little goes a long way. I would try EDP ONLY if it is a different scent than Jaipur EDT.

Jaipur Homme is truly one of the best orientals for men: wild, brave and daring. Despite my hesitation of finding a most appropriate time to wear it, I enjoy it any time just for the sake of myself.

seand7373
seand7373

In my top 5 all time (I'm wearing it as I type this). Wear this with a suit it is not a casual cologne. Very long lasting. Just be easy on the trigger or you will clear a room in a hurry. Ladies makes a great gift for your man. Get the EDP version.

mrparfum
mrparfum

well to begin with... a gr8 opening note,must say got hooked the very 1st time i smelled it! at the very start gr88 frag of sandalwood and spice accompanied by citrus and a pinch of sweetness was smelt.. later compositions of jasmine and rose started was also experienced!!
a lovely fragrance must say.. but it din't even last on my skin for 2 hours.......

GoldenKiwi
GoldenKiwi

The greatest men's perfume I have come across so far. A surprising, lusciously oriental, gentlemanly, classy fragrance with exceptional longevity and superb sillage. When on the lookout for new scents, and my nose is numbed by too many testers, I grab this one and still it outshines the rest.

I have found that Prada's Amber Pour Homme is an ideal work environment counterpart, as it sticks more to the skin and lacks the lavishness of the spice in Jaipur Homme.

EDIT: remember that this perfume lasts even after showering, it's that powerful.

Endymion
Endymion

This should have been called OPIUM POUR HOMME!!! Although, I adore Opium Pour Homme, maybe more than Jaipur Homme, this smells more related to the original YSL Opium, like they were a couple.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

What a beautiful and elegant fragrance. I bought it yesterday and fell in love instantly.

originaldeftom

This is the MALE equivalent to Guerlain's "Shalimar"...I am not kidding!
BEAUTIFULLY OPPULENT!

milancelisac
milancelisac

I've FINALLY found EdP and am so happy! It brings me back to those moments of childhood carefree reveries while sniffing my mother's Felce Azzurra talcum powder! Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

originaldeftom

Just bought this frangrance today in Harrods, Knightsbridge, London for £37.
I LOVE IT!!
Very warm, vanilla and heliotrope smelling despite the fact that neither vanilla nor heliotrope is listed in the ingredients list!?!
However, the sales assistant assured me that heliotrope is being used for this fragrance....I am confused!?!
I wanted a rich new springtime scent and I think I have found it in this CLASSIC BEAUTY...(I will still also wear my 1/3rd of a bottle of "Fleur du Male" from last year).

HOTRODS BY JP
HOTRODS BY JP

there is alot of great things i read on this cologne, i was going to buy creed santal impirial, what i did was test both on those cards that they use, i found that,the jaipur parfum, not the eau de toillet,compared to the creed santal imperial,had much more scent great notes that came forword, i ask the women,at neiman marcus they agreed. so i just had to get it in the metal flask because this is the one that i will keep refill,this smells wonderfull very warm,oh and be very carefull,of those discount online sites remember you will get what you pay for til next time by.....

BIG
BIG

i love this scent; It's in my Top 5!!! the only downside is that the drydown on my skin has this slightly "bitter almond" note.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

A great soft, calm, smooth and powdery perfume made for romantic mood and intimate momments. Truly a classic fragrance by home of Boucheron. I really like it.
Sillage and Longevity is great.
Highly complimented by everyone.
I give it healthy 8 out of 10.

guest_Cirrus
guest_Cirrus

Masterpiece from Boucheron,more like an oriental vanilla scent,I enjoy the fruity flowery (heliotrope) notes and of course the cinnamon.Long lasting,spray with caution.Its time that Boucheron created another male piece like this.
My favourite for women:Jaipur Saphir.

varondandy
varondandy

My wife makes me wear this when she's very naughty? This is a very masculine scent wear with distinction. Buenas noches/Goodnight.

hoelahoep

For all the readers of this reviews:

Important: Do NOT buy the EdP, please, please

(Its very hard to get nowadays, so if you restrain yourself for buying it, there's hopefully enough left for the EdP lovers like myself to stash up their drawers for the next 50 years...yep, its that good.....)

:-)

hoelahoep

After carefull consideration i chose to buy the EdP version of jaipur instead of the EdT. Its the one with the beautiful and heavy metal casing (picture 2.

After using Jaipur a couple of times, i can only conclude that it's the best oriental i have....possibly one of the best scents there is. It attracks a lot of positive comments and you can't stop sniffing yourself. It has tremendous staying power and it is not an over-the-counter kind of smell.

Ladies and gentlemen:

this is a world class masterpiece...
no doubt about it. Its sweet, spicy, its soft, warm and balanced. Playful and never annoying, expensive, rich and creamy and a real dress up scent.
Don't wear this with just a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans. And do not overspray this one. Just a couple of mists ( stepping trough) is more than enough.....

Guys: this scent will undoubtly bring you to first base, the rest is up to you..:-)

Ladies: this is it.
Stop looking at the giorgio aquatics for him. Buy this one,(if you can find the EdP, buy the EdP) you won't regret it.....

Another one of my top 5....no doubt about it.

vdxl
vdxl

Maybe the best vanilla cologne for men. It is lovely, and I have tested just the EDT. Its lasting power is excellent and it smells great in both winter and summer if applied correctly. It is a gem of perfumery for sure. I want to have it as soon as possible.

crisgonc
crisgonc

I reviewed this fragrance yesterday at my perfume blog, the EAU de Parfum version and would like to add some comments here about this Boucheron. If I take the absolute impetuosity to mix the brands, Jaipur Homme is really a type of Shalimar of Boucheron( BUT only in the first citrusy notes, not more than it, after the start the fragrance is a benzoin based strong poison and I really sorry that has a benzoin explosion that explodes a headache)
This comparison with Shalimar is related to its opening characteristics and, in certain manner, by his classy style, powerfully enigmatic and oriental
In Jaipur Homme, it is clear that quick citrusy notes come with some floral cinamon spicieness , then it is involved by vanilla ambery base strenghtened by the benzoin. In Shalimar, lemon and bergamot before the powdery jasmine which later is warmed by vanilla, iris and amber. But they are very different and the similarity lasts just few seconds. Shalimar is wonderful, this EDP version is poisoned by benzoin.

In the case of Jaipur Homme, the start is very warm and sweet with an interesting addiction for the leading note cinamon which completely spicie this jewel fantasy. The citrus notes are fast, just a red carpet as the car door of this man would be opened and, then, he is there in front of all in a compeling way as the entrance of an elegant and sultry man, able to represent the most elegant man with the most expensive Boucheron gifts for a woman. He has charm and is well-succed, then he deserves some attention.

But...later...the high level of scented benzoin kills the fragrance until the drydown and it is a very upset experience here. Despite of I enjoy the start of the fragrance and the explosion of cinamon, the benzoim here gives me some headache as the benzoin of Pi. It is incredible my intolerance to this note in high concentrations, but
honestly? It is not my nose fault. I think the perfumer has to balance the Benzoin note. I have asked some heavy perfume wearers their opinions about exxagerated benzoin in perfumes and really this note is terrible when is very preponderant on the development. They also do not feel well.

Select the EDT or Fraicheur options.Escape from EDP version. I am not surprised that EDP is quite not found in the stores. I think it is out of line.

afraafra

There seems to be an eau de parfum of this scent, has anyone tried it?

Cassiano
Cassiano

Chic fragrance for elegant people. It's sexy without being appealing. My bottle is a limited edition version of the EDT.

Ideal for certain men, whose personality knows how to conquer and enchant. The fragrance is perfect, especially for those who like colognes that are rich in spices. It's sweet, virile and imposing.

The notes of cinnamon, geranium, jasmine and benzoin are the ones that stand out on my skin, which is why I call it "Pure Cinnamon". He exudes a rich aroma of cinnamon with a vanilla base, because of benzoin.

Jaipur is memorable, as one night of love under the covers, with the noise of the rain falling outside. Excellent lasting and projection.

VioletLily
VioletLily

Jaipur Homme is so very, very inviting on the man...weak-in-the-knees delicious! I get bergamot and cinnamon mainly, with a hint of nutmeg, heliotrope and vanilla – not too sweet or gourmand though. Seems to be a bit of woods, amber and musk there too in the drydown to keep it warm and sexy. It's just, well... yummy! We both love it, and I rather like it on my skin too! I think I will be stealing it oft.

PS: This is for the EDT.

PPS: I gave the man a 50ml for our anniversary and he actually said this will be his signature scent. That this is what he wants to smell like...I can't tell you how good Jaipur is on him. Puurrrrr.

stevenfarrisohio
stevenfarrisohio

I have an affinity for oriental fragrances and this unique fragrance is in a league of it's own. It works well at the office or in the evening. Well balanced,sophisticated and formal. A must have!

darren
darren

I found a simple of this fragrance by chance lead me to discover the magic of it.I found it spicy and sweet and very warm,long lasting power is fair.the woody notes are not annoying at all.suitable for office or formal meetings as long as I'm wearing a blue or black formal coat.continuing this perfume in the names of fresh and fresh epicee was the prove that it's a very successful fragrance.

orlino
orlino

For me, this fragrance is almost the same as "Suivez-moi" from Fragonard, a french perfumer,that is to say, these two fragrances are very alike but the second one is less expensive and has a less beautiful bottle; at the end, the most important is how it smells !!!

afraafra

Ultimate oriental masculine fragrance.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

I enjoy wearing this scent when I am in the mood for something citrusy, slighly sweet with a woodsy warm down (cedar).

Jaipur Homme by Boucheron 4.26 out of 5 based on 775 ratings and 199 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Boucheron Jaipur Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Boucheron Jaipur Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jaipur Homme by Boucheron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jaipur Homme by Boucheron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.