Designers » B » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Jaipur Saphir Boucheron for women

Jaipur Saphir Boucheron for women
dislike

Jaipur Saphir Boucheron for women Pictures Jaipur Saphir Boucheron for women Pictures Jaipur Saphir Boucheron for women Pictures Jaipur Saphir Boucheron for women Pictures Jaipur Saphir Boucheron for women Pictures Jaipur Saphir Boucheron for women Pictures

Jaipur Saphir by Boucheron is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Jaipur Saphir was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Lorson. Top notes are mandarin orange, yuzu, white peach and cardamom; middle notes are magnolia, cinnamon, jasmine and heliotrope; base notes are amber, musk, benzoin and vanilla.

Mandarin Orange Yuzu White Peach Cardamom

Magnolia Cinnamon Jasmine Heliotrope

Amber Musk Benzoin Vanilla

Artemisia

Jaipur Saphir Fragrance Reviews

lilytrivette
lilytrivette

I have worn this for years. It's getting hard to find now days, but I always search it out. I won't give up my Saphir. Talk about an alluring scent that goes a long way, lasts all day without a touch up. Not too sweet. A soft evening or day scent.

TheCountess
TheCountess

A beautiful fragrance. I usually don't go for citrus, because of it's sharp nature, but in this perfume (on my skin) you don't even notice it. It ends up being sooo creamy and sexy.

I found it at a vintage shop, and the seller had it for only 10 dollars. I couldn't believe it. Of course, the person did not know what he was selling.

To me, this is a perfume to wear only on rare occasions, and I believe I have found THE perfume for when I decide to get married.

jenscot
jenscot

Special occasion. A little heavy for every day. This cologne has class!

SPUTNIK59
SPUTNIK59

Boucheron stopped making Jaipur Saphir EDP over 5 years ago. Be careful when purchasing online because what your are purchasing is probably not the real thing. I personally went into Harrods of London in August of 2009 and was told that Boucheron stopped making the perfume. I also called Bergdorf Goodman in New York and was told the same thing.

galaxy86
galaxy86

Understated class. Love the way it smells and lasts through the day leaving an impression. Its not overwhelming but does make my presence known in a good way. Somehow I get more of an incense smell compared to any other notes listed here. But then I am not good on picking notes yet.

LULUBELLEFISHER
LULUBELLEFISHER

Somehow this reminds me of Emporio Armani Lei. I love both fragrances.

kraxa
kraxa

Just got it today, an untouched 15 ml spray bottle, in a little perfume shop, which I visited purely by chance...I am well aware of the value of this beauty, and couldn't believe the bargain price. Sprayed my wrist already in the car on the way home, mmmm...This is Nineties for me, comforting scent of memories and "the way we were"....

nikkibom
nikkibom

Have to agree with lollsazz, i just tried my brand new tester bottle - seems to have a 'rancid' smell as soon as you squirt it - a smell of 'gone off perfume', it does wear down after a while - but still there. Wonder if this is actuallywhat it meant to smell like.

By the way - my bottle is completely blue - even the inside circle - is ita fake?

lollsazz
lollsazz

I recently bought a few older type fragrances on ebay to see what they were all about. I would really like to hear your opinion about if you think the bottle I got of this is fake or old or something, because I really thought I would like this, but I absolutely don't. It opens with a soap note on me together with a strong medicinal smell. Then I get a little bit of flower together with incense, which isn't even listed. Then this settles to vanilla-almonds and licorice, which isn't listed here either and might just actually be the cinnamon and citrus mixed together. In general, my description sounds more like Jaipur Homme to me than I would expect from Saphir. Or does Jaipur Saphir actually smell like this?

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

What a stunning bottle! I really do miss this perfume. =(

At first whiff u would get a mix of spicy and flowery notes... all jostling for position and in the end... that wonderful warm vanilla would settle right in. The projection and longevity was fantastic!

One of the most elegant perfumes that i have had. Just WOW!

CathO
CathO

Oh I love this perfume - and have done since my friend bought it for me in Jamaica back in 1999 when it was first launched and when I got married - people are charging ridiculous prices for the few bottles which are still available. Its a sweet florally fragrance and lingers all day and I always receive favourable comments when I wear it .. very sad its discontinued

soulflwr
soulflwr

Creamy, fruity, vanilla...this one is very easy to wear. I would consider it a casual scent.

I smell mostly what I now know to be heliotrope, sweetend with peach, floating on a scoop of sugar-free vanilla ice cream. The cardamom isn't immediately noticeable, but I know it's there because it keeps the peach and vanilla from being too sweet.

Those are the main notes I get from this perfume. I'm a sucker for interesting gourmet frozen treats and I keep thinking a cardamom spiced peach-vanilla ice cream with a heliotrope garnish would be sublime!

...But since heliotrope is poisonous I'll have to be content with just thinking about what that would taste like :)

wbp
wbp

Finally try this one, and yes it smells exactly like the blu Nivea Cream. It is nice, soft, clean and inoffensive.I like it but don't love it. I think that through the time it can becomes too annoying. I don't know why but it reminds me of my grandmother, wich is not a negativ thing, but i can not wear it.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

I completely agree with smelling_gr8. It is a creamy and inoffensive scent that reminds me of classic blue nivea. Not sexy in my opinion, but comforting!

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

A while ago there was a thread where people were looking for a perfume that smelled just like classic blue Nivea....well, this is THE ONE!
Honestly, from start to finish, if I close my eyes, I could well be transported back to my childhood being smothered in a blue nivea. I really like it, it's warm, comforting and comfortable scent. Perhaps a bit too pricey..reasonable longevity, inoffensive. It's like being 2 years old again,cuddled by your mum in a big soft fluffy towel after you've just had a bath. Happy memories :-)

Raquel73

I have one bottle EDP 50ml,if someone are interested in it,send me one mail.I live in Spain.
Tengo una botella de 50ml EDP,si alguien esta interesado,enviarme un mensaje,yo vivo en España.

krmarich
krmarich

Finally, in 1999 Boucheron produced a spicy oriental for ladies. The original was more a floral. This one delivers the spices. It opens whith a fruity brightness that pleases all noses. Yes, it is unisex.

Then we get down to business with its luminous lightly spicy heart. Jasmine, heliotrope and cinnamon produces this unique, sexy warmth that reminds me of a spring thunderstorm. Oh, it lasts for hours and flirts the entire time.

Then, it disappeared. Did it not sell? Should that matter? This is now an expensive collectible and worth every cent.

RkrChk
RkrChk

What a gem of a fragrance this one is!

It's combo of heliotrope, white peach, and yuzu are prominent upon first spray on my skin...

It closes with the base notes falling into a luscious, non-cloying, vanillic bouquet that is accented with musk and benzoin...

This jewel has earned a rightful place in my daytime rotation of scents!

Raquel73

Great parfum!!!Boucheron is crazy,Trouble and Jaipur discontinued,I don´t undertand at all :-((
The other Boucheron fragances are awfull.

optmax
optmax

My girl wears this sometimes and I have to say that it's my favorite. It's has a very unique scent that leaves an impression on someone even when the one wearing it is not around. It's too bad that it's been discontinued, and I was hoping if someone can recommend something similar?

Juma
Juma

Great scent by reviews and great at testing. Really not vanilla but oriental flowers soapy to me. On my wish list!

Gosha
Gosha

Quite delightful! To me it IS oriental, even though a light kind of oriental, easy and happy somehow. Although it's elegant and expensive smelling, it is not overly mature, in fact it seems quite playful and suitable for anyone for various occasions. In my opinion this could be romantic or sophisticated, posh or cheerful - whatever you like it to be. Jaipur Saphir seems to warm up and sweeten on the skin, sitting like velvety warm blanket, it blends well with my chemistry. It has just the right amount of flowers and fruits to add some femininity without being sickly. To me there is definitely vanilla there too. Not the sugary edible vanilla often found in "modern girly" scents. It is a balsamic, sensual one - but again used lightly somehow (it is not heavy, sultry, resinous fragrance, it's really just a baby oriental :-D). I am becoming more and more impressed with Boucheron.

yantestrs
yantestrs

What is this plastic note?! Where is my beautiful Caress soap smell? Clean, powdery but not too sweet?

I would never have guessed in a million years that Boucheron's JAIPUR SAPHIR was a vanilla perfume! My wondrous edt seems more like an oriental chypre. In fact, I am very surprised that this has not been marketed for men. It has no sweetness, opens green and almost vetiver-like then moves into a dark, spicy woodiness. This is the very antithesis of a girly perfume, almost as though Boucheron was striving to avoid Victoria's Secret-type fruitiness at all costs. The vanilla, which I do not detect at all, is hidden beneath all of the masculine notes, making this the perfect metrosexual scent.

c3c
c3c

I've been waiting a long time to try this and when I first put it on I immediately thought it was worth the wait. The orange and peach made an entrance that almost smelled like a mellow lemon fragrance, then it began to fade and the jasmine pulled forward. Later the musk became more dominant. I have to admit I like the entrance the best. What follows is nice, but not nearly as pretty and captivating. If it would stay in that moment I would wear it often.
It's also interesting layered with Boucheron. I was actually trying to cover Boucheron up after washing it off but they work together. The Boucheron adds an interesting layer of depth, and woody notes to Saphir.

~ Addition * My Saphir has been sitting unworn for a bit & interestingly when I pulled it out to wear this time it smells different. The cinnamon and cardomom are much stronger and the citrus and flowers are very soft. I actually like it better now than before. Still it's odd it would have changed. Makes me want to go back in time! Ah well, at least it still smells really nice.

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

Wow, this one is very elegant & warm smelling!!
Agree with Happyme2009 that I wouldn't call it "sexy" either. It's more of a ladylike perfume. So refined & expensive smelling. Lasts a long time on my skin & I love the cinnamon in this one (L)
So lucky to find it. I know I should buy more of it before it entirely disappears from the shops.
I guess it will be one of my wardrode staples.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Warm, nice, pleasant. Starts with citrus which quickly fades to pleasant spicy vanilla. Excellent for me, good chemistry. Not very sexy, but beautiful. One of those to be admired from all angles, but not touched. At least that's my opinion, even though everybody seems to believe it's sexy... to me sexy is something a little less refined and not so elegant...I love it, makes me feel like a lady.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I don't agree with the vanilla characterization. It is a luscious scent but in a way that is strangely aquatic not creamy. Very strange, very interesting.

I personally like the fact that it is wearable all year round so it could become your signature scent. It is very winter-cosmopolitan and water-pool-fascinating at the same time.

weegee
weegee

Jaipur Saphir is daytime silk to Boucheron's evening velvet - both gloriously luxurious, both sweet treats for the skin, heart and mind but each with her own unique feel, each appropriate for different moods, seasons, temperatures or occasions.

At first spray the topnotes alert your senses with a green morning brightness of citrus and ripe peaches warmed with the spiced tang of cardamom - as if you've just awakened and sunlight has beckoned you to open a window to let in the day.

Heart notes waft in on a faint breeze, fluffing the kitchen curtains with sweet magnolia, fresh jasmine & heliotrope and a bit of earthy cinnamon. Now the day begins.

Settled under this freshness, this brightness, is a languid syrup of amber, musk, benzoin & vanilla that transform what might have been a pretty little floral bouquet into a splendid and sophisticated garden where each turn of the path reveals another earthy delight.

Luca Turin's snide one-star dismissal of this gorgeous fragrance as "gumball" is way off the mark.

Wear Saphir to work, wear Saphir on a date but wear her, oh yes, take her out and wear her! A floriental to love.

allexa27
allexa27

the first few minutes i was quite dissapointe from this one because it reminded me Boudoir very very much.When it settled down i began to like it more,because it is quite sufisticated smell and very feminine .The people around me fall in love with it when i pass by.But the problem is that it was not what i expected,i am lil bit dissapointed,it still reminds me of Boudoir which i hate a lot!!!
P.s good thing is that reminds me a little bit of Dolce Vita which i adore.they have similar notes .Jaiphur saphire didnt surpsrised me at all .it isnt something new to my nose...

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Another oriental favourite of mine,i think this is a smell that everybody likes!Oriental,but light and freshness in it too.The cinnamon follows all the way,and i love cinnamon smell so it drives me crazy!If you love orientals and cinnamon,you must try this one!

sjanira
sjanira

It's nice but a little to soft for me. It's barely there after 30 min! It's very similiar to Anna Sui Dreams.

Zocha
Zocha

Beautiful fragrance, beautiful bottle and rather long lasting. It's elegant and sensual, warm and not heavy with a touch of oriental and a fresh twist which makes it so interesting. Could make a signature scent easily for me. Just love it :P

dena2
dena2

Very good and sensual,oriental.it stays long on my skin.
Is a perfect scent for a romantic winter evening

azuriiita
azuriiita

A warm note of cardamon on a plenty cinnamon (the most predominant note on my skin), so delicious!... with magnolia and soft jasmine... the drydown its more sensual than the beginning, feminine and elegant... pleasant amber and soft vanilla. Also its very long lasting.

One of these fragrance that could be considerate like a "signature scent"... Other good creation of Nathalie Lorson...

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

At first sniff I almost cringed at this scent! It was very tart, citrusy, and strong. Must have been the Yuzu. I didn't give up yet...

After a few seconds I began to detect the white peach. Half an hour later the jasmine and magnolia had warmed up enough to make me very, very happy that I'd purchased a full bottle!

Dry-down is unique in that it is warm and woody with slight traces of vanilla, but if you get close enough you can still detect a faint tart green note. This is a very beautiful winter fragrance, as it's heavy and warming. Thus far, it has lasted over seven hours...pretty good for an EDT.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Ooh! Jaipur Saphir is a gorgeous, non-sweet balsamic vanilla with a hint of spice. I don't detect much in the way of the fruits--maybe a hint of tart yuzu at the beginning. It then settles into a cozy skin/vanilla scent that invites cloesr inspection from your sweetheart. :-)

I think this is a perfect scent for a romantic winter evening. This fragrance has everything I love about a good Oriental scent: an enticing mix of the known and comfortable with just a touch of the exotic to keep things interesting.

AmilkA
AmilkA

that's a very cosy perfume - warm, sexy, rare. perfect for dark winter's evenings at the fireplace... and not only. :)

Moszatka

Beautiful scent with powdery notes. Benzoin gives a delicious smell, I like the most of perfumes which contains this note. The bottle is very interesting, so I love it!

Moszatka

Clean and soapy powderfresh fragrance. It can be perfect over 30's. Woodsy notes makes specially and long lasting.

The best of Boucheron

d dolce vitta

To me, the oriental is the very very best, very sexy, sensual, and the oriental vanilla fragance say everything for you: "Delicious"

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

Very very sexy, pleasant, soft and warm, I adore it, bottle is real jewel:) and it stays long on my skin...

afraafra
afraafra

Could pass as unisex oriental, very special sexy scent.

Jaipur Saphir by Boucheron 4.13 out of 5 based on 277 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Boucheron Jaipur Saphir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Boucheron Jaipur Saphir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jaipur Saphir by Boucheron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jaipur Saphir by Boucheron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.