Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Place Vendôme Boucheron for women

Place Vendôme Boucheron for women
dislike

honey
Place Vendôme Boucheron for women Pictures Place Vendôme Boucheron for women Pictures Place Vendôme Boucheron for women Pictures Place Vendôme Boucheron for women Pictures Place Vendôme Boucheron for women Pictures Place Vendôme Boucheron for women Pictures Place Vendôme Boucheron for women Pictures Place Vendôme Boucheron for women Pictures

Boucheron presents a new women's fragrance named after Place Vendôme, the address in Paris (Place Vendôme 26) where Frederic Boucheron opened his first jewelry store in 1893. The perfume symbolizes over 150 years of light and gems that have passed through this house. A woman who wears Boucheron is conceived as independent, free, self-reliant and confident.

"A story rather than a face. A story of light. While Paris continues to dream, the sun’s rays slide over the rooftops. The dome of the Invalides becomes a gigantic gold flower. The sun continues to rise, its rays crossing the arcades. Shadows slip from the Vendôme Column, which points majestically at number 26. In a white light, she appears. She is the heroine. On her skin, ephemeral finery to enhance the glow found deep within each woman. Boucheron Place Vendôme.”

The composition is florinental-woody, created by Olivier Cresp and Nathalie Lorson. It opens with fresh and sparkling pink pepper which illuminates delicate orange blossom and rose essence. Jasmine petals develop in their full floral potential in the heart of the perfume, together with peony enriched with golden traces of creamy honey. The base notes include elegant cedar and sensual benzoin.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Place Vendôme was launched in 2013.

Pink Pepper Orange Blossom Rose Tangerine

Jasmine Honey Peony Praline

Benzoin Cedar

Legend Pour Femme

Place Vendôme Fragrance Reviews

Leek
Leek

Ok..love at first sniff!
I love everything about this perfume: the gorgeous bottle, the cap (a true Boucheron cap), the juice.
It starts off very loverdose-y in my opinion. Maybe it's the jasmine. Anyway it is super sweet at the beginning. But whereas Loverdose takes the sweet chocolatey direction, PV takes the honeyish sparkling floral direction. It gets even more gorgeous then.
Sillage is not huge, but is moderate. Longevity is great, I keep sniffing my wrist and can't have enough of it.
I love almost everything that Boucheron releases, and this is no exception.

Lily2911

For those who find this PV too ordinary or too weak, experiment the following : i layered it with Lalique le parfum. Waaw, what you get is an amazing scent. The pepper, jasmine are silmilar notes but the spicyness of Lalique lift the whole PV into a completely different galaxy, it tones down the sweetness and day time shy lady transforms into a dark seducing diva !

My darling
My darling

Изключително променлив, много женствен, топъл, гушлив парфюм. Толкова кремав и нежен! За щастие няма единични изблици на жасмин или портокалов цвят при мен, а е една цялостна композиция, която много, много ми допада! Не откривам и пипер, което също ме радва. Мирише на топлата кожа на обичана жена, която току що се е събудила в събота сутрин и се протяга в завивките.
Бутилката е истинско бижу! Прекрасен!

Lily2911

It is a very elegant perfume, not very exceptional or " niche" but well balanced sparkling woody floral. I prefer PV above Elie Saab, much softer and ethereal beauty. It is the perfect perfume for Spring and quite fresh : no fruit, no gourmand aspects nor popular patchouli. After a long winter of gourmand, spicy patchouli scents as Angel or Black Orchid it is nice to "detox" :-). No heavy cognac, whisky or martini's, just a fresh sparkling lemonade with a hint of honey is just what i need now !!

gigiletta
gigiletta

it reminds me elie saab le perfume.very lovely and soft with honey.but this one is more sweet-not sugary- and has got more elegance sillage.perfect for spring and warm summer nights.very ladylike,i love it:)
i bought 30 ml-40usd,good price.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

The experience of this fragrance is somewhat odd for me, as usually I know very quickly whether or not a scent will work for me. Not so with Place Vendome, which has had be going back and forth for some weeks now. I test it every time I make it by a store that carries it, and every time, I sniff, and sniff, and sniff; yet I can't decide if I want it or if I should pass. The opening stages are somewhat fruity, leading to a heart that sweetens considerably on my skin, leading to a heady arrangement of syrupy, resiny florals not unlike those of Flowerbomb. The base brings in a sharp pungency that is somewhat similar in character to Saab's Le Parfum, and continues to change until the very end, where benzoin rules, now a trace of a skin scent.

Place Vendome starts with moderate silage and is easily detected for some hours after application. The end stages extend the wear, and though it is faint now, I can still detect the fragrance on my arm nearly 7 hours later. I still can't decide on it, but I can guarantee that I'll continue to sniff it. It's an odd thing, feeling so ambivalent about a scent, yet feeling so compelled to keep my nose practically glued to my skin for the duration of its wear.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Sweet, tangy, blossomy, pink-peppery, and at such a great price and in such a cute bottle! So girly without being bubblegum or Pink Sugar, this fragrance has some class. Yes, it is quite sweet, but not so much that it is a problem for me. The peony and jasmine really stand out. Benzoin and cedar drydown? Heck yes!! Thanks to katoy4 for sending me my sample, I'd been dying to try this.

fleurdefi
fleurdefi

On my skin, Place Vendome opens with a beautiful blend of orange blossom and jasmine with a hint of honey. After a while, the honey deepens and juicy orange bursts out from time to time. For a brief moment, a soft, sweet praline comes into play, and then all of a sudden, it just turns into a sharp, almost metallic mess that I have to scrub off. I love the first hour or two so much that the awful dry-down makes me want to cry. I keep trying, but the same thing happens every time :(

Very ladylike fragrance, just as elegant as its bottle.
However, for me it is just too blank. Not sweet, not warm, not powdery, in two words: nothing special. Some light honey and that is it.
There is a saying - being too elegant is boring. In this case, it seems to be true.

WOW! Wonderful, beautiful and superwoman'ish. Classy, sophisticated and very elegant - a rich ladys scent. Its modern but not modern sugarsweet, there is an airy sweetnes from the honey but the pink pepper softens it down to something gorgeous. 1 spray lasts for many hours so go easy with this gem girls. The pinkpepper turns magic on my skin and makes the flowernotes dance. In basenote there is a hint of Ceder, a note that often turn male'ish on my skin but not here, its just a whisper.. A new favourite!

Wow! Underbar, härlig och superkvinnlig. Klassisk, sofistikerad och väldigt elegant - en rik kvinnas doft. Den är modern men inte modernt sötsliskig. Det finns en luftig sötma från honungen men pepparnoten mjukar ner den till något fantastiskt. 1 sprejning varar i många timmar så spreja försiktigt tjejer. Peppar blir magisk på min hud och gör att blomnoterna kommer till sin rätt. I basnoten finns en aning om Cederträ, en doftnot som ofta förvandlar en parfym till manlig på min hud men inte här, den är bara som en viskning.. En favorit!

DonnaLee
DonnaLee

Got a sample of this from Nordstrom. I was looking for a new signature scent after wearing Estee Lauder Beautiful for so long. Beautiful changed on me. Well… Sprayed this and then brought home a sample. The scent was strong at first. OH MY after the dry down it smelled incredible. Not too strong. I don't get the sweet smell as described in the reviews. I sprayed this about 11am and it carried on until the next day. My husband loves it too. Going back to buy the full size bottle..

Pusur
Pusur

I´ve just got it from St. Claus ;) I think it is one of perfumes that change during a day, and this transformation is most recognizable for nose. Sometimes I read about thousand of ingredients but I can hardly recognize more then a few which I believe is quite common. In PV mystique is a bit more friendly, letting us to look behind the curtain. I love the smell. Reminds me - personal memories - of Baroque of Yardley and Cinema YSL, but I am not writing here about how it is built, rather what atmosphere it creates. Well... It is always about this, isn´t it? ;)

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Just tried a sample for the second time and the opening reminds me of Cavalli I Love Her, which I also love but unfortunately lacks longevity. If PV holds nicely for at least 4 hours I would love to have a bottle of this!

antonpan

I'm shocked that nobody noticed the similarity of Place Vendome to Paco Rabanne Lady Million. In fact, Place Vendome is a richer, more intense version of Lady Million: the honey on a distinctive floral base.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I have been wearing this new scent for a few hours and I have to say I am not impressed. It improves a bit after a couple of hours when the honey note takes over from the neroli, cedar and a bit of jasmine, which are too strong in the initial spray for me. I don't find this too sweet, just very generic and boring. I think it is someone at LVMH or another company's idea of a "classy" smelling generic slightly sweet floral to sell to the middle aged market.

I'll take Marc Jacobs' "Honey" any day over this one and ditto for Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom and Honey, Both are much nicer scents in my opinion and cheaper. Also, this scent has very little sillage and fades quickly into a skin scent after only a couple of hours. A pretty bottle and a fancy French name do not make up for mediocrity. I also see no similarity at all between J'Adore and this scent. This is faint and generic and J'Adore is a powerhouse of a beautiful fragrance.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

It is very hard to make decisions based on a review by others as perfumes smell so different on different people. On me, this is a similar perfume to J'adore but a little sweeter. I purchased this as a blind buy and am very pleased. on me it is very feminine with a subtle sweetness. In my opinion, this has been blended very well with no real outstanding note and if you buy the gift set, the body lotion is gorgeous. Very happy with my purchase.

Migalex
Migalex

I find it cloyingly sweet. And do not find it not original either.

Tanyaoxo

I have to say this perfume was not what I was expecting; the pink pepper note in the opening reminds me of Gucci Guilty, then the creamy benzoin/praline dry down remminds me of a cross between Signorina and La Vie Est Bell (and maybe a little Prada Candy) as MippyMuppet mentions. It is sweet, floral, and creamy with a powdery finish, it's very feminine but different from many other perfumes out there- a very well done creation in my opinon! However I would say if powdery is not your thing, this might not be for you.

Tanyaoxo

Thank you so much mippymuppet for your review! I ordered it from Debenhams on their 'try a new fragrance guarantee' meaning they send you a free sample with the perfume so that you can smell it first and return it if you don't like it- well they didn't include my sample and I was really annoyed! After reading your really helpful review, i bit the bullet and opened it anyway and I'm glad I did.

Thanks so much again!

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

The frist hour it smelles great but then it turns into an overly sweet and powdry scent. What is it with perfumes nowadays? Does every brand really need to have their own gourmand scent? Some variety please!

Jonayla
Jonayla

Okay, I`m in love. Sweet (but not too much), rosy, benzoine, creamy, jasmine is also there. Someone ask how this differs Elie Saab. My nose this is totally different smell. I think this is much more lighter than Saab what is much deeper and sillage is heavy. Vendôme sillage is just moderate. Very different and unique. I love it! And the bottle is one of the most beautiful bottles whole fragrance wold. Very 20`s century, old fashion, just beautiful!

Hi!!!

I have both Elie Saab and Place Vendome and will try to explain the difference as best I can. Let's start with Place Vendome...

Place Vendome out of the bottle is creamy and sweet. A combination of the honey, benzoin and praline. But it is not foody and I think it is a nice departure from the traditional vanilla scents out there. It's a beautiful soft and creamy blend. PV is also a better blend of florals. Where ES is all about the orange blossom & honey PV is really a beautiful floral blend. I also get the hint of tangerine & pepper at the top.

PV is currently my new favorite scent and I am spraying like crazy!! I highly suggest sampling if you get the chance. I feel the two scents are different enough that on my skin the two scents do not overlap each other making it easy to justify having a bottle of each.

ES out of the bottle to me is darker...heavier. The patch immediately comes forward and weighs the fragrance down a bit. ES to me is dark, heavy, honey dripping orange blossom. I love it.

PV always retains its floral light creaminess. I feel like it more closely resembles Lancome La Vie Est Belle and Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina because of its creaminess and floral notes. They are not the same...they just feel like they would be in the same family.

I was also excited to try Estée Lauder Modern Muse. This to me is way too similar to Elie Saab. If you have one you definitely do not need the other...and ES is blended better IMO.

Hope that helps!!!

Tanyaoxo

Is anyone able to explain how this differs from Eli Saab? I own ES and not sure whether or not I should purchase this one too.

Enough already with the sweet synthetic bases with citrus on top! Geez, is the same perfumer working for all the mainstream companies now? With these beautiful notes I was expecting something magnificent, not The One, Chance, or Vanitas in a new bottle. The base is sweet and synthetic amber. I suppose you could say there is rose in it. If it's honey you seek, there are far better honey perfumes on the market. I am reminded of why I shop mostly for niche. This perfume is bland and forgettable.

The EDP Version

Very beautiful!! Honey, rose, a bit of jasmine, a dash of pepper in the beginning. A slight vanilla suggestion from the benzoin with a little bit of sweetness from the praline. This is really very soft and beautiful!!! Perfect for a lady of any age who carries herself with grace and ease.

Really I can't stop smelling my wrist. Place Vendome is a very beautiful soft sparkling floriental. This is not going to scream at you but will have you floating in a very beautiful aura. Initially I bought the smaller bottle but went back the next day and exchanged it for the large one. I am very anxious to see what Boucheron does next under their new licensure!!! This one was a big hit for me!!!

Wonderful longevity!!

edit: I wanted to comment on the bottle. Gorgeous cut glass with substantial weight. Would look beautiful on any dresser!!!

I just wanted to say that I too have Elie Saab and for me, they are not alike.

Mons
Mons

This was a scent suggested to me by my favorite SA. Nick if you ever read these reviews....I love you.

This fragrance is like a soft rose dipped in honey. It is a scent so feminine and elegant I can't believe it is a Boucherone scent. (Boucheron's tend to be heavy on me). At first sniff, it is ok....but after about 20-30 minutes this turns into a dream. Warm melting honey softens roses and just the most subtle int of Jasmine. I do not get any citrus, I see it listed, but I don't get it.
This is so easy to wear, it is glorious.
This morning I went back 3 times to spray on more before I eventually left for work.
The bottle is so beautiful and it's heavy - you might think the juice inside would be some weighty concoction, but it isn't. It is lovely and I don't come across many people who wear a lot of the Boucheron offerings - so you're pretty much going to be unique.

Synryo
Synryo

I was not expecting to like this so much. Got to try this courtesy of Dinosgirl3. To be honest, I was expecting another generic floral (not usually a fan of florals to begin with) but it surprised me. It's soft and sensual with just enough warmth to be wearable for me. There's something about the blend of woods, honey, and jasmine that makes it very inviting. It also strikes me as versatile, I think you could wear this in any weather/season.
This is class. But not pearls, fancy dresses, and careful conversation class. It's the simply but fashionably dressed woman in the coffee shop reading a book or gazing thoughtfully out the window. She doesn't scream for attention, but there's just something about her that you admire and it makes you want to get to know her to find out what it is so maybe you can have it too. Although maybe that je ne sais quoi is simply the fact that she's wearing Place Vendome ;)

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

During the opening of Place Vendôme EdP it was as if I had put my nose in a bag of candies and flower petals. A very intriguing experience of elegant sweetness, and at the same time fresh, rich and complex. As it dries down the honey note remains but the overall sweetness gradually diminishes in intensity making way for the benzoin and putting more emphasis on the exquisite flower notes. Needless to say Place Vendôme is a very classy composition. I would love to be the proud owner of this delightful feminine perfume in this stellar gorgeous bottle.

HOPE007
HOPE007

This reminds me purely of Estée Lauder Tuscany Per Donna.. I used to love it, but honestly I'm not that fond of it anymore.. But they do smell alike..

castellot
castellot

I have this on my arm today and I don't think the longevity is going to be great. I get the honey, the orange blossom and jasmin in the first 2 hours. The jasmin came to the fore about an hour after application but has faded now 3 hours after.. I am left with a skin scent of vanilla-ry, creamy honey with the mearest trace of caramel/praline. It is a beautiful, soft, subtle scent which is unlikely to offend anyone. I can see this as a signature fragrance for many women, and although I think it suits ladies of my age (40s), I think it will work for young ad old alike. Projection is low I think but I only sprayed my arm, not hair or clothes, so you might get better projection and longevity with different methods of application.
The bottle is lovely! It is also heavy and substantial and gives the perfume a very classy vibe. It does remind me of Elli Saab but I prefer ES, marginally. If someone gave Place de Vendome to me as a gift, I would be pleased, but I have no yearning to go out and buy it for myself. I would have been more interested if the jasmine had stuck around longer as it was really beautiful then. I would like to try the EDT next.

macheprofumo
macheprofumo

Very classy. A beautiful scent by Boucheron. Boucheron never fails! Suitable for fall and winter. Can be worn day and night.

jrossi
jrossi

Just arrived in Vancouver. It is distinct, feminine, and a cut above like most Boucheron Fragrances. It has a warmed to it, not as sharp as Jaipur Bracelet. Suited for the independent mature women

Red Rose
Red Rose

I was about to say it's similar to Elli Saab due to similarity in notes. I'll give it a sniff when it hit stores where I live & update my review.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Such a light, delicate scent to wear. Reminiscent of flowing, long, gauzy dresses and wide, straw-brimmed hats, tall grasses, and beautiful trees with wide arms full of green leaves towering above me, blue skies with patches of white breezy clouds and the air is warm. This is a light perfect perfume for the spring weather.
The woods of cedar immediately burst through with roses and muted jasmine, while creamy pralines delicately mix with notes of honey. Vendome Boucheron seems classic in its projection, never overpowering, always ladylike, always subtle, ever gentle.
I could see this a a wedding day perfume for a very young woman because of its lack of sexuality or flirtatiousness. Its simple. Its clean. Its elegant with a hint of pepper peeking through, ever so powdery at its dry down. The benzoin lends its hand to a creamy vanilla finish that sits and intermixes well with the woods as this perfume ends its run.

malia
malia

Why oh why is it still not available in Holland!!???????
I NEED this perfume!! ;-)))

sandrajj
sandrajj

Just received this sample from Nordstrom--first spritz, OH MY!!! Fresh and creamy--just lovely. I wear Boucheron in evening, and can see this for daytime. So far, it seems very elegant, and yes, that word again, fresh!!!

beccamm
beccamm

Such a beautiful bottle but again this is not for me. It reminds me a bit of Elie Saab which I think is the honey note and that is what sadly ruins it for me :(

antonpan

Got an opportunity to try Place Vendôme Eau de Toilette in (pink juice), it is not presented at fragrantica yet. Unfortunately, it smells like a muted, less citrusy and a bit peppery in the dry down version of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. Do we need another though more sophisticated clone of Light Blue? At the same time I hope that Place Vendôme Eau de Parfum (yellow juice) has nothing common with its edt sister.

flora lee
flora lee

This reminds me of a richer, improved YSL Manifesto with a more grapey jasmine and then a more woody drydown. Where is the MUSK in the notes because this one is powdery. I think it will smell wonderful on the right skin chemistries. Classy.

jovejove
jovejove

Great fragrance and not too expensive when it comes to Boucheron. I would love go see a fragrance that is like this, but stronger on the honey tone, minus a bitter sweet honey tone, like when you're drinking linden tea with honey.

gabygol
gabygol

I just got it yesterday at the launching night in Mexico City. I smelled both: the Eau de Parfum and the Eau de Toilette, they're quite different!

The parfum is absolutely musky, has lots of jasmine and honey, is a little powedry. I like very much strong and voluptuous fragrances, so I totally dig it, but it has a discretion, it is not as strong as others like Chanel 5 or Flower by Kenzo, for instance.

In the other hand, it seems to be for older women whenever you try the toilette. It is elegant and discreet,

The pink one is fresh, an explosion of flowers, very similar to 212 summer editions, Nina Ricci or any other light fragrances.

Nevertheless, they share a link in which you can notice, after a few smells, that they are very similar at the end. I think it's for a young mother and her mid 20's daughter, or for a woman who wants to be young and subtle during the daylight time, but sexual and experienced in the evening.

Is like a woman: two versions of yourself but in the bottom of your heart your soul is still the same.

Obviously a great creation, prestigious brand, 2 great nose behind it, result: a delightful fresh, light, enticing warm scent, creamy and soft white floral, more a soft oriental, I detect the honey, which mixes in nicely with the other notes, not being fan of honey. I was worried for a minute, no need to be, the honey is part of the recipe, not the main flavour!!! This is not the typical big Boucheron perfume, this is the Parisian refined sent, for the sophisticated every day woman. There is a delightful freshness in that perfume, only great noses can create such a mix of breezy notes on a warmer base.Feminine. Stylish. Great.

anneliise.zissler
anneliise.zissler

i got it yesterday :) well it's floral sure,but i can't smell rose out of it at all

maen
maen

Absolutely charming, Place Vendôme starts fresh rich white floral with a light rose touch developing into a nice natural honeyed Benzoin base.
From the house from which it comes, you expect something sophisticated, french and classy, of course it is, but it is taken in a more modern way, very trendy sweetness but with a special elegance, being always ladylike.
It is very wearable, perfectly balanced, noticeable.

gorgonna
gorgonna

Will be launched in September, can't wait!

sarahdelicious
sarahdelicious

Would love everything if it wasn't for the rose...

fiammetta05
fiammetta05

The bottle and the box! So delicious and desirable! The notes are interesting too... Let's hope for the best :)

Looks amazing!

Place Vendôme by Boucheron 3.91 out of 5 based on 184 ratings and 48 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Boucheron Place Vendôme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Boucheron Place Vendôme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Place Vendôme by Boucheron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Place Vendôme by Boucheron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.