Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Trouble Boucheron for women

Trouble Boucheron for women
dislike

I have it: 557 I had it: 220 I want it: 359 My signature: 15

Trouble Boucheron for women Pictures Trouble Boucheron for women Pictures Trouble Boucheron for women Pictures

New Boucheron perfume especially represents the trouble for men since it is very dangerous. Here, everything begins even before the very pleasure of sense of smell. Bottle has ultimately elaborated design: gold, precious emerald on the lid and dark ruby glass…The bottle speaks much about the character of the perfume before the very scent. The perfume is fresh oriental, but the troubles begin from the first impressive notes which lead into ravishing floral heart of the perfume. Passionate woodsy notes are getting involved with deep and sensual floral melody. That involvement gives a powerful nature to the perfume. Trouble is available in Eau de Toilette (50 and 100 ml), Eau de Perfume (15 ml) in spray with glamorous spraying pump. The perfume was introduced in 2004. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier.

Dyer’s Greenweed Lemon

Jasmine

Cedar Amber

Trouble eau Legere
Cinema

Trouble Fragrance Reviews

auroramaria
auroramaria

The trouble is this is not available anymore same with so many other awesome scents Trouble has been discontinued for quite sometime.
I managed to find two tester bottles 100m each so I have a back up for awhile.
Think of a cross between Dior Addict Cinema and Must de Cartier and you have Trouble.
The lemon and amber combo work very well in giving it strengh and sweetnes without being too heavy.
It's warm and rich and when you wear it you'll see heads turning because it's too beautiful for words

freakypirate
freakypirate

Years ago I was offered a sniff of this perfume in a department store in Paris, and was sold right away-- what a wonderful feminine sexy scent!

It is very powdery, sweet and a bit of floral, with a hint of zesty citrus on the side and cedar as a basenote-- very sexy.

Sillage is moderate to heavy, so handle with care. Lasts for about 8-12 hours on my skin.

I only wear this on special occasions. Or maybe a really small bit to the office, if I'm up for it-- it is, after all, trouble.

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

I bought Trouble several years ago and ended up giving it to my sister just because I had so many others to choose from. She gave it back to me a few weeks ago and now I remember why I loved it in the first place.

It's the lemon! Otherwise, Trouble would be a fairly mundane oriental (and only appropriate in cold weather), but the brightness of lemon against the resin of the amber rescues it from being ordinary.

Amber, lemon, jasmine and cedar...what's not to love? I'm wearing Trouble this evening and sitting outside in 90 degree weather. It's beautiful - I'm so happy to have it back!

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Quite similar to Casmir - a sweet amber, nice for winter/autumn, easy to wear - not challenging or complex in any sense, neither too strong or too weak, I can see why it's popular

I don't find the lemon strong at all so unless you're very sensitive to lemon it won't be obvious.
Mostly sweet, smooth warm vanilla/amber (the amber isn't prickly or powerful either). I don't find it captivating or intriguing but it's pleasant enough

Sillage moderate, longevity good

Blondine28

Eternal. My signature. Heavy, deep, lush...Love it. Too bad is off the market.

Jadis4742
Jadis4742

I am in absolute love with this fragrance. It was suggested to me after the tonka bean in the Addicts and Poisons didn't agree with me. It's perfect. On me, it's all warm amber and bright lemon. I want to wear it everyday - alas, as it is discontinued, I try to at least save it for date night!

alanood
alanood

i agree with this being a mix of dior addict and cinama ysl i had them all and i prefer truble
its more balnced in strenth were dior is soooo strong and in the warmth and sweetnes were cinama is too sweet

sensuous@midnight
sensuous@midnight

perfect mix between Cinema & Addict. this is truly g*o*r*g*e*o*u*s!!!
thanks to no5forever2, I could discover this true beauty, it was love at first sniff, and ever since I opened the bottle I knew I was in...Trouble...

suile
suile

Having read the reviews, I've been on the lookout for this one for a long time and was overjoyed to find it tucked away in a shop in the Canary Islands, of all places, complete with shower gel and a body lotion.

It's an old fashioned big hitter in the style of Lauder's Knowing, Must de Cartier, Balenciaga's Rumba, Balmain's Ivoire, that type of fragrance.

Not too overpowering, though you don't need to use much. About as far from a modern floral fruity concoction as you can get.

Bottle is lovely too.

Discontinued, as usually happens with any really good fragrance.

Hills by the Sea
Hills by the Sea

Trouble by Boucheron is a glowing jewel of a fragrance. I find it utterly captivating - a lovely blend of golden amber, warm lemon and just a soft whisper of elegant flowers swirling in the mix.

The lemon is handled most exquisitely and artistically in this perfume - it imparts to the composition a brightness, lightness and warm glow - making this a perfectly rounded fragrance with a grace that delights the wearer. And the lemon is in the right amount - not too much and not too little - striking the perfect balance in a harmonious dance with the glorious amber and the other notes.

When I wear it, I feel like I am wrapped in a soft, sumptuous stole of the most luxurious fabric ever! Needless to say, I have a back up and I will never understand why it has been discontinued.

selenehdez
selenehdez

Al inicio si se detecta el limón, luego ya no tanto, pero la vainilla se me hizo tan densa como en cinema de YSL, demasiado pesada, comestible.

StealthAngel
StealthAngel

Trouble is all about the amber, but it will take you through the scenic route to get there. The opening is fresh and aromatic, the heart spirals with twirls of flowers, vanilla and spice until finally, hours into the dry down, the amber emerges.
The full effect can be gaudy and tacky to death if you overdo it, but if you use a light hand, it is a stunning perfume of paradoxes:
Dark and luminous, mysterious and beguiling, ominous and enchanting.

But you HAVE to be able to pull it off: if you are the shy, retreating type, this might not be the scent for you because no matter what, it is an attention getter. Not always the "right" kind of attention, so be ready to handle the consequences.

There used to be a dry oil in the line, I don't know if it is still made, but I would use it as a body moisturizer after showering at night. In the morning, I'd just bolt out of bed and into my clothes and off to work. The remaining scent was like catnip for every man that crossed paths with me, however casually, it was really weird.

Now that I am retired and no longer have to worry about appearing "professional", I enjoy it a lot more. Trouble was aptly named, lol.

lamont.hubert
lamont.hubert

This perfume lives up to its name you see I'm what you would call heavy handed n cant smell the perfume on you so i swear i dont smell it and then so must apply more so with that being said i totes the SOTD out with me and apply ever 15min lol so now here comes the Trouble ... so one night me and a friend girl goes out n she keeps complementing me on my Trouble... so low and behold i cant find my 1.7 bottle the next day i look and i look and i look until i just gave up and committed a Friend Foul and Accused My Friend of Stealing My Trouble ... yes thats right i loved this perfume i didnt think i lost it .. i was willing to jeopardize my friendship for this perfume and i did for over 2 weeks until i found it when looking for a lighter that feel under my car seat when i was lighting a J.... and guess who was sitting on the side of me smoking when i found My Trouble.... BOFL... ive had my bottle since 2004 and use to abuse it like crazy now i have a half and havent used it in years...

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

There's just nothing else like Trouble being made today. Nothing. I'm so disappointed in all the newly launched scents, that I've slowly been stocking up on Trouble so I'll have enough to last me for a few years. It's creamy, citrusy jasmine done right. It doesn't go soapy or sharp. It's beautiful, sexy and intoxicating - I can't get enough of it. Why oh why do perfume houses discontinue their most amazing creations?! I'll never understand it.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I love this.. great sillage & last forever. I would swear I smell berries on the dry down. Smells as good as hypnotic poison but not that similiar to me.

Would love to wear this often but with a 1.7 oz bottle going for $200 on ebay I dont dare.. will stock up on a couple minis though, Its sooo good!

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

The opening is very citrusy then it is mixed with amber and a woody scent. I had cinema before this and it really reminds me of cinema but for me this turns sour after awhile because the citrus notes doesn't calm down and really interacts with the amber.

skitten
skitten

I love Trouble, Trouble loves me.... One Trouble is I can't buy it anymore from anywhere? That is a trouble that I did not invite. Can I trouble anyone for any suggestion on where to puchase this beautiful perfume. I should of bought up big a long time ago, not thinking at all that it not be around anymore.
Trouble is divine, sassy, true oriental, ambery jasminy lemony and addictive. I do not use my bottle on regular basis anymore, I have to keep for prosperity, very timely and exclusive outings.
So inviting and sheik.... How can it no longer be made?
Troubled I am, as I sit here with my arm, wrist, neck, shoulder, knowing that maybe I can only spray Trouble on twice a year.. x

allsmiles3
allsmiles3

This was my date night perfume. It's not sticky, sweet and flowery. It is very sexy but not in an over the top, in your face sexy. It's alluring, like a siren song. I like to dab it just on the pulse points instead of spraying it all over. This way it plays a sort of peek-a-boo on the nose of my date and makes them want to draw in closer to get their fill. Very good staying power. I can usually still smell it the next morning.

HopeFloats72
HopeFloats72

I have had this for awhile, and since I have a small bottle and this is no longer in production I only wear it every once in a great while.

Now, I'm no pro at fragrances, all I know is what I like and I like this a lot! I've never been a fan of Jasmine, and I now realize that is because I've always related that *name* with those alcohol-drenched body sprays that our mother's bought us at Christmas for stocking stuffers! FOR SHAME, MOTHERS...FOR SHAME!

I digress-as of late some of my favorite fragrances have had the jasmine note turn up somewhere, and I've discovered that *for me* when the jasmine is linked to a woody basenote that is a recipe for making me truly enjoy and like a frag. Trouble offers this, and with a nice sweet-smelling (but not sugary-I don't do sugary frags) 'roundness' to it. I don't have any other way to describe it. There is this greenness at the opening, but after about 20 minutes it's all warm and honey-rich (though that's not listed as a note...it's something sweet that reminds me so much of opening a jar of honey!) Then of course those gentle jasmine and slightly woody notes come in and I fall right into the fog of it...sigh!

It's a friendly frag not the typical Diva Frag I'm so addicted to, but I really enjoy wearing it, especially on these summer days when you want to smell good, but not necessarily have your frag announce your arrival.

The longevity on the juice in my bottle is moderate (about 5 hours lasting power on me) and the sillage is soft. But it's ok...I'm not wearing this to grab attention, it's FMNO (for my nose only). I have to say, this frag is the reason I love my Bebe Gold so much...their drydown profiles *on me* are almost identical, but BeBe offers me that luscious scent for nearly 1/4 the price PLUS it can actually go with me all day long and I don't keep it to myself as much as I do this one-the longevity and sillage are better *on me* than with the Boucheron juice.

So, I'll keep my Boucheron Trouble for my own collection and actually wear the BeBe Gold...which I like A LOT and which has more stamina than the Boucheron product.

sweetdiorella
sweetdiorella

One of my all time favourites. A beautiful scent.
A very elegant sexy perfume, very ambery woodsy with seductive vanilla and floral notes.
Heavy with an incredible sillage. Just the way I like it.
Very sad that it has been discontinued.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

One of my fragrantica friends sent me some delicious new samples to try. "Trouble" was one of the first that I sampled today.

It has a unique name, "Trouble"... which is sometimes one of those things that you say to someone when you know that you could over step some bounds and find yourself pushing the limits - rather than maintaining a "safe stance" in certain situations. Trouble sounds like something that a dare-devil would like.

"You look like you could be *trouble*" - may be a back-handed compliment that you give to someone who is sexy, alluring, and who may pull you slightly off focus. This fragrance hits that kind of spot. This goes on SUPER STRONG, but has a delicious dry down. This is memorable, exciting, and could be very intoxicating with the right chemistry.

This smells as if it has expensive ingredient notes and chords in it. This is definitely upper end, upper market... and a fragrance that will be more unique than the average perfume that the masses wear. It is distinct. Unique and different from other fragrances, but it wears very classic.

This is a great choice for a "signature scent"!

Raluca Ghiban
Raluca Ghiban

How Belly Dance would smell like !? Definitely like Trouble to me ...close your eyes , take a sniff ... What Do you see !? ...her alluring dance bare foot barely touching the oriental carpet , spins turns her silk skirt floats in the warm evening air you feel a slight scent of jasmine flowers the woody furniture you are sitting on the lemon from the tea you are enjoying but still you can't keep your eyes off of her , the sound of the beads in her costume is keeping you memorized you can see her hips move in a intriguing pleasant way , her whole sweaty body vibrates you can almost taste her skin ...the animal in you is unleashed ... Hey close the bottle enough sniffing !!!

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Just to answer Maggie...Yes, the lid is supposed to represent a snake.

BlackAmberMoon

Trouble and Dior Addict are my go-to scents for sexy nights with my man. Trouble is a bit more cozy, though, and can be worn when you just need to be wrapped in a warm, fragrant hug, too. It's smoky/sweet and glorious!

Maggie_Everk123
Maggie_Everk123

I have never heard of this item before, but I am interested in trying it. Is the top of the bottle supposed to resemble a snake? Is that why the name of the fragrance is called "Trouble"?? Anybody know?

redliz
redliz

I have just received this in a swap. It is a lovely scent. Upon dry down it reminds me of Dior Addict ALOT. It is a very sultry scent. The citrus, the amber come together quite nicely. I can't wait to wear this for winter.

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

As it is quite usual for me, I loved Trouble because of its amber and jasmine.. I just fall for anything with these notes.. Together or separate.
It is heavy but not old fashioned as I had expected it to be...
I get the citrus too but it is not overwhelming. It is very well blended with the other notes.
Due to its subtle freshness it can be worn in summer nights too, but I think it would be less loud for the setting if it was worn in winter.
It is a lady's smell, highly recommended!

antfarm
antfarm

Initial spritz shocked me a bit. I was expecting something a little bit more va-va-voom, but it smelled like a watered-down version of L'Heure Bleue mixed with pencil shavings.

I've had it on for about two hours now and all I can smell is a synthetically sweet amber-vanilla. Not the sultry kind of "Trouble" I was hoping to get into. Another one with rapid development that just fell flat.

fragrancelover
fragrancelover

So beautiful, but I think its for a woman who has the confidence to carry it off.

thenightflyer
thenightflyer

I am doubtful about the imagery used in marketing and bottle design. It is not some sorcerers' elixir, carried by some Valkyrie to spirit men away. It is however a comforting cloak of warmth wrapped to envelopes and soothe with it's solar white bouquet opening onto darkness, delicious balsams and furry musks. Like a maiden and unicorn.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Oh Miss Boucheron Trouble, you fine thang you, why did you torture me so? You came in a sample but it wasn't enough, I was hypnotized but I didn't know...

...that when you were recommended to me by an experienced nose, you would rock my world from my head to my toes

The citrus listed in the notes kept me at bay, because that's the one thing that will keep me away

You came to me today as a gift from a friend, I tried you at once and you didn't offend

I get powder, which is a favorite of mine, you went on smoothly, then began to shine

Like a long, lost, love who is miles away, you've captured my heart, now you're here to stay

I smell no citrus but lucky for me, the Ambery woods and vanilla are my cup of tea!

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

I'm really dissapointed with this one. The sample I had really reminded me of my Hypnotic Poison; I got virtually no citrus from it all. But now that I have the FB, all I get is a big blast of lemon and then *poof* it's gone in about 45 minutes! No amber, no jasmine, most definitely no cedar. And this bottle is EDP! I admit my skin does drink in perfume like a thirsty person in the desert who's been handed a jug of water, but come on - this should last at least an hour or two... I moisturize!
Ah well, this is just not the perfume for me. That's life I guess, you win some and you lose some. C'est la vie!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Trouble started out nice and creamy and warm on my skin so I had high hopes for it. Then an overpowering lemon note came in and ruined it all.

Sorry but I cannot abide too much lemon in fragrances and this is very heavy lemon. Too bad, because it could have been a nice fragrance if the lemon had been balanced with some spices or a bit of tonka.

warm and creamy with a tinge of lemon. sweet and long lasting. the citrus keeps it from being cloying or too heavy. i love it. it's great for cooler weather.

b@by
b@by

Quite lovely. I'm not picking up any of the listed notes, which is fine. Apple blossoms! I can smell apple blossoms. Oh I like this. Sexy and intoxicating.

EDIT: Is very similar to Jess Simpson's Fancy (which is much cheaper, and just lovely)

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

Well, I finally got a hold of the much sought-after Trouble, just to find that the trouble with Trouble is that I already have it in my wardrobe! I kept sniffing my wrist in disbelief, then it came to me... that's it, Boucheron Trouble smells EXACTLY like another one of Cavallier's creations... YSL Cinema. I don't detect any lemon, just the same soft, sweet amber/vanilla/jasmine as the Cinema. How could an almost identical perfume be marketed two completely different ways? IMO, I see this perfume is classy and sophisticated Cinema rather than a piece of devil's work. At least those who are bummed about Trouble being discontinued can be reassured knowing that its twin Cinema is still in production!

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I went for a blind buy of the 15ml edp based on the reviews here and you ladies did not disappoint. On my skin it is a warm, cozy (powdery) vanilla with a soft (maybe white) amber-incense touch and sweetened with creamy jasmine (i dont get sugar sweet). I don't get much from the lemon but maybe that's what keeps it "fresh". Nor do I get any cedar (thank God) It reminds me of a classic florental and very much "my type" of oriental. I can see why some would choose this as a signature. I think its lovely and I'm glad I have it in my wardrobe!

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Powdery, woodsy, cozy, warm, floral, sexy. If you want a great mixer, wear this with Al-Rehab's Nebras (an Arabian Oil, try Amazon for sourcing that is where I purchased mine) & it is the most amazing combination! I got this suggestion from another Fragrantica Member off a review board. It smells very much like Vivienne Westwood's "Boudouir" if you enjoy that fragrance. Trouble is extraordinarily sensual & sultry...I truly think this scent has been overlooked. I loved the first bottles that came out with the "emerald" snake eye...gorgeous! <3

Lvsents
Lvsents

A long time ago I went to nordstroms and asked the sales person what she would recommend for me if I liked vanilla. She went straight to boucheron trouble and told me it was new. Boy she had good taste. You can smell the vanilla right away. And it's one of the very few edps with lemon that makes it so distinct. I wonder wear you can find the whole line. I'm all in and hooked..

amelie
amelie

Just have it on my wrist and I must say...wow, it's excellent for cold days,cozy... but I only feel the touch of amber,as if all the other notes hidden behind a powerful warm amber.
It's a sample only, but could last few days, I might grab one bottle.
edit/to heavy for the morning, will try again some other time

cmoca
cmoca

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what heaven better smell like.

Sveltekittie
Sveltekittie

This is a must have for the coldest winter days.(this would be too much for summer IMO w/all that amber) So warm smelling! I love the rich, resinous nature from the amber which blends so well with vanilla, a match made in heaven for sure. The lemon and jasmine lift & brighten the other notes & give it a playful, fun vibe.

Don't get me wrong. This is LOUD, but when used correctly this is absolutely beautiful & unique. I think every woman should own this, it's really special. I can't think of anything to compare it to. My favorite from Boucheron, hands down.

Five stars 10/10

florabella
florabella

The first time I tried this fragrance I truly had a "Where have you been all my life?" moment. I felt like it had been made for me. It was truly surprising as I tend to shy away from citrus scents and yes, Trouble does have a straight up lemony opening. You have to let it settle down to enjoy being wrapped up in the most beautiful amber and jasmin heart of this fragrance. I love it, Trouble is definitely on my top 10 list of favs and if pressed it could be my HG scent. A bonus is the fact that it doesn't smell like so many other fruity florals that are so common. The bottle is a real beauty as well! Enjoy!

swedishclare
swedishclare

On me this opens with a big blast of lemon, which rapidly moves to a sugary, cedary, creamy vanilla. Pencil shavings in a lemony bowl of vanilla sugar! It's definitely soft and warm and sexy - but only for cold weather wear, in my opinion at least. My sister borrowed this one summer and smelled of lemon washing-up liquid and, to be honest, really put me off wearing it for over a year. So glad I tried it again now the snow has come!

Ceylane
Ceylane

It smells great and reminds YSL Cinéma. But I consider Cinéma better because it has more silage.

hope.nesmith
hope.nesmith

I sprayed most of a 2.5 ml sample all over myself this morning. Opens with wet cardboard smell- then about 5 minutes of an inoffensive generic oriental scent combination. Then- in the time it took me to drive to work- NOTHING, GONE. What is wrong with me?!

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Zaftig! Very Cavallier; a near-herbal perversion of sweetness, deceptively comforting but with a subtle contrast that seduces. Cold lemon meringue served in a honeymoon suite at the California-kitsch Madonna Inn, incense ablaze to drown out the tendrils of spliff smoke wafting under the door from the mini-Turkish bath. Amber will be out when she's good and ready: perfect lipstick, lounge lingerie, "let's watch Barbara Stanwyck movies and mouth all the words!"

When not up for anything too demanding but not quite down for easy, Trouble is just right. A frequent default-to fragrance. Warm, sleepy, and though I'm normally a hater of citrus, this one is more tart than zingy. An ambered granddaughter of Shalimar in minimalist, stylized retro attire and cheaper (but more comfortable) shoes; that is to say, a minor inheritor of Emeraude.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I knew that I liked amber but I have never had a perfume with such a focus on the amber, so I was never able to exactly pinpoint what it smelled like alone. (I'm still learning, here!) This fragrance was a complete surprise to me. I ordered a sample on a whim in my monthly frag subscription and I am blown away by it's beauty. It's soft, creamy, sexy, and I love that oriental feel. I don't really get lemon, but if it's there, it's soft- not a sharp, sour lemon. I was so impressed that I just ordered a small bottle online. This scent is reminiscent of Dior Addict and Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle, but yet it's completely different. It just gives me the same "feeling" as I get from those two (which I also love). I am so excited to wear this once the weather gets colder (which it will for many many months where I live!) Great fragrance!

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

I got inspired by Your reviws and went to my perfume closet and srayed Boucheron Trouble. And now I remember how come I loved this so much few years ago. This is so georgeous.

Cocinelle
Cocinelle

Smooth and velvety from the opening to the dry down. Voluptuous as silk sheets, caressing the body like a breeze on a summer night.
This perfume evoke erotism as the amber exhale intoxicating notes. A creamy lemon fades deliciously into jasmine and cedar...Wonderful.

Bettany87
Bettany87

The initial spray is sweet, alluring and audacious. Highly potent yet mesmerizing. I get the beautiful blend of the amber, lemon and floral notes. It's quite beautiful and somewhat intoxicating in a sensual way.

You know the kind of woman who walks by and catches everyone's attention, this is that kind of scent, the kind that gets noticed -- great sillage, longevity is superb, smells so wonderful. Even hours after, the scent that lingers on my skin is equally beautiful ... powdery sweet and luscious yet still fresh with hints of woody notes. One of those fragrances that exudes wealth and sophistication.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I love the bottle, but I only wish the scent to me was what I read here. Lemon would invigorate this beautifully, but I only detect jasmine and vanilla. And not especially nice jasmine/vanilla, the headachey kind. After suffering through about an hour, I layered some Caron eau de Reglisse Liquorice over it and it worked very well.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Excellent and long lasting oriental. I love the surprising blue cedar notes in this. If you like orientals, I don't think you will be disappointed.

On my skin it was an ambery, lemon root beer with an unusual and gorgeous blue cedar note. It has great sillage and is very long-lasting. It's a great night scent.

The first bottle of this I had was when it first came out and it had the gorgeous snake wrapped around the cap. I wish they still had that design on the perfume's cap.

Trouble makes me feel like a high class diva while wearing it. Trouble is for the lady who is sexually aggressive and who might take a fancy to getting into trouble. I've gotten many compliments when wearing this from men.

gracious
gracious

Elegant ladies wear Trouble for sure.
Perfume is not linear, that over time changes nicely.
Too bad it is as hard to find it in Brazil.

Blondine28

The only perfume that is seductive and yet remain cold in its intentions..

emiana
emiana

Yes it's true! It's very similar to YSL Cinema I confirm it!

metis
metis

Magnetic. Luscious. Luxurious. Classy. Trouble brings all of these adjectives to mind.

This incredibly beautiful fragrance starts out with a burst of tart lemon and vanilla. This is not a sickly sweet vanilla; it's dry yet creamy.

Then comes the jasmine. A deep, dark, majestic jasmine. The dyer's greenwood pops in to accent the floral with a green, but not herbal, feel. It's a mellow touch, not at all harsh or sharp.

The heart and dry down takes all of these wonderful attributes and add a few more layers of depth and complexity. The woodsy notes deepen the composition, while the amber adds a lush, velvety smoothness.

The bottle is perfect for this fragrance, as it reminds me of a deep red, velvety throne paired with an elegant, imperial gold crown awaiting me. The cobra cap and name however, imply that this is a mischievous perfume. It may be for others, but to me it's not dangerous at all. Its glorious. It's my fragrance that I wear when I want to make-believe that I am queen and the world is my kindgdom.

akats
akats

Although it has not the class of the old Boucheron- Boucheron, I must admit that I liked it very much. so much that I bought it. I think that has more quality, than other expensive fragrances of today. Trouble stands between Dolce Cabbana the one, Sublime of Patou, and Cartier's le Baisier du dragon. I mean that it reminds me all these together! without being a copy of any of them. It is clearly an oriental smell, not an uforgetable one, but once you smell it, you want to have it! citrusy warm amber gives it a seductive and invigorating character. I dare to say that it could be my signature fragrance only if I had not ever smell Krazy by Krizia.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Very interesting perfume at the first sniff. Warm amber and lemon pie. Once it dries down jasmine emerges. Amber softens with time to warm vanilla close to the skin scent.
Powerfully feminine, on the stronger side, but pretty good; something about it is different, unique, ladylike; It's like i smelled this before, where? it carries a great dose of mystery with it.
Excellent choice for evening wear!

Irisversicolore
Irisversicolore

Hello,
I've been deceived by the EDP. Just a comment, but, if you want something great, try Trouble scented stones (to be put in a jar). They'll give a subtile aroma in the room, richer and more complex than the juice. I'm glad I have those marvelous stones because the perfume I grabbed on the Net is, in the end, flat and far less interesting to me... Smells exactly like Sensi did.

candymarie

I see lots of reviewers reporting weak sillage and lasting power with TROUBLE and that surprises the HECK out of me!

TROUBLE is one of my biggest sillage bomb, can't-shake-it-all-day kind of frags!

sweetjen
sweetjen

Tulip211, I LOVE your review of this fragrance, sooo cute. Made me giggle:) Gonna have try this one!!!

sweet desires
sweet desires

After reading Your comments, I must go Fast to my fragrance-shelf and put some Trouble on:) It´s my Winter-fragrance these years anyway, but I need to have some drops right now! Oh the desires rising from inside of a woman..
By the way, it feels somehow enticing to be a trouble itself.. Such a wild, hidden, volcanic eruption soon-to-be.. Willing to say: Take me as I am..I´m adorable! I play with you, wrap u deeep inside but don´t harm bad..at all. I am someone You are anyway, You just need to know You are..

atiet97
atiet97

Review of EDP:
Not so much to tell, as it is so easy to distinguish; Lemon, Jasmine and Amber. So basic and simple it may seem with no complexity at all, still I found Trouble nice, warm and calming. So, hellooo....where's the trouble?

There is a creamy quality that was never too creamy, thanks to the lemon that always keep the juice sits on the edge. The jasmine is blooming beautifully in the heart notes. I do however get the balmy effects, not sure what it is though. Maybe that's what make many people associated Trouble with seduction? You tell me...

To sum up, lovely but another misnamed product!

Sillage: Moderate
Longevity: Moderate

mmiched
mmiched

OMG! I could drench mysel in this. The body milk is unbelieveable!!!

Juma
Juma

Trouble- yes, I have it now when I tested it: I want a whole bottle :).
Starts with perfect lemony- jasmine scent which flows in ambery-vanilla scent.
I would categorise it in my group of perfumes as where Joop's Le Bain is, with bold, strong character.
Not for girls, for ladies only!

krmarich
krmarich

Trouble lives up to its name. Boucheron is no longer the perfume powerhouse it once was. It is now owned( at least the perfume side) by some new corporate overlord who cared more about profits than elegance. Is Trouble bad, cheap, artificial? Not at all. In fact, it it rich and sexy.

Vanilla laden creamy rice pudding with almonds. Its not an oriental in the classic sense. Its far too linear/sweet. Reinvention of the class? Impossible. We get a sense of the different direction the house is headed.

It was so good that it was discontinued! Too sexy and original. The red bottle was a red flag. Where is the Boucheron bleue? Indeed, the box seems ever so cheaper. There is a serpent in the garden of Eden/Boucheron. Where are all of those lavish ingredients? Trouble barely made the perfume radar, yet it will be long remembered by those of us who sampled/doused it.

Pearls&Roses
Pearls&Roses

Something that I can smell in this one is exactly like Kenzo Kenzo Amour. I think it's the Rice.

Strange that the notes are totally different in the perfume pyramid.

Tulip211
Tulip211

A burst of lemons at first. They hang out,quite proud of themselves.. all prickly and juicy...until suddenly, they see Mr. Vanilla Amber coming down the road. Terrified, the lemons make a run for it, knowing that Mr.Vanilla Amber is very territorial, and there is no room for them here.

They leave behind the faintest fruity lemon smell as Mr. Vanilla Amber barges in and makes itself at home. The dry down is incredible as Mr. Vanilla Amber kicks off it's shoes and asks "What's that smell?? WAS LEMON HERE??!!"

You reassure him that he is the only one for you and bring him his cedar pipe. Whew! That was a close one!

* My friend says it smells like spicy bubblegum, and I find it to be a cousin to Hypnotic Poison. I adore it, however lasting power is not long at all.
* I know Vanilla is not listed as a note, but I do smell it here. Try it and see!

passionata20
passionata20

Bought 50ml EDP of it recently, mostly because of the bottle and a REALLY low price. As far as i remember i didn´t find boucheron fragrances to be really my taste. This one is a bit different. This one a Dior´s "Addict" with a lemon twist. I really like how "Addict" smells, but somehow i can´t use it, it blocks my nose and i can´t breath. "Trouble" is a different story: when sniffed out of the lid i have got an instant comparision to "Addict", so i was a bit dissapointed. BUT the first spray really surprised me: nothing of "Addict" at all on my skin, only frsh and zesty lemon and musk at the same time!!! So strange, thoiught i... It wasn´t unpleasant at all, just a bit strange, since i didn´t expect that based on the name and bottle, i expected some rich and deep fragrance. THEN after 15-20 minutes it began slowly to turn into something that "Addict" smells like. Musky vanilla. But still with a fresh twist of jasmine. Very nice combination! It made me feel like a million-dollar-lady but without being snob. Somehow i suspect that men would really like it.
Best to be used during late autumn and winter time.
I can´t say i really love it, just like it very much but i will keep it definitly for some special occasions on winter days. Would be great along with my fur coats.
SO, if you find "Addict" overpowering or too much powderly vanillish, then you should try "Trouble". It might be more wearable for you then.
lasting power is quite good, but sillage must be better while you´re outside and it is windy or frosty. Not really suitable for a rainy weather in my opinion...

missymary
missymary

You need to spray on LOTS of this perfume to get anything of its character. I used nearly all my 1ml sample in one go, and even then, I was struggling.It's not heavy at all. It's soft warm and close.

When the initial prickly lemon settles, it turns into almondy//medicinal, in a masculine cedar-ish way, like the trademark of Serge Lutens. I can't think why Luca Turn is so disparaging, when he normally likes much dafter blends than this one. In fact when it settles down it has a quite pleasant shaving soap creaminess.

There's something in the vibe that reminds me of subdued Hypnotic Poison and Allure, if they were mixed and had a dash of mild embrocation ointment added!

Guess I don't see the point of hospital smells in perfume, especially would-be orientals.

BTW what does dyer's greenwood smell like???

carinas
carinas

I like it, I don't love it. I don't require a bottle, couple of vials are more than enough of that stuff. It's warm and dark, I love the lemon and amber note,well balanced, but it's just a dad too sweet for me to love it. Funny thing with Trouble, when I wear it, it gets cloying after a while, yet I miss it often, maybe I should get a small bottle of it afterall.
The bottle is gorgeous, very inviting, just like the scent is. It's a perfect scent for cold winter months.
Warning: it will get you in trouble with men, they can't resist it ;)

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

Amber first. After 20 minutes or so, it gets sweeter and creamier. I don't get lemon scent at all. It would be good for winter or fall eventhough the scent is not really warm. It's probably just for me. Everyone is different.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Similar plastic sweet vanilla as in Tocade + sandalwood, ylang and pink pepper.

malia
malia

Dear Bandit,

great review! I love Trouble, it's in my top 5. Sexiness in the bottle - you are so right! Fantastic creation of JC! What would i do without my Trouble!!

Bandit
Bandit

Wow, Jacques Cavallier definitially had a only-basenotes-perfume phase in the early 00s:

Absolu - Cinema - Trouble

Recently he was invited to go back to those glorious days and he created Vanille Noir.

Absolu is the darkest, edgiest,
Cinema fakes a top and middle part with a tiny drop of flower and a lot of clementine (that's at least, what is listed), but it really is a edgy, even slight aggressive vanilla basenote,
Vanille Noir is Absolu with dark vanilla and

Trouble is the refined, most mature and soft version of his vanilla-resin basenote style.

All of them smell so much like J.C. creations, more than every others of him (I've read a discription of this typical J.C. note as "toasted bread" or only "bread"). All of them are for me sexiness in the bottle. If you are looking for vanilla in particular, in Trouble you get a very very beautiful non-gourmand, but creamy vanilla.

Now, I like that basnoty style of him very much, I don't care too much for flowers and fruits, so I am glad, that this perfumes exist. I often dreamt about getting rid of top and middle notes, because I sometimes love only the basenotes of a fume (Rumba). J.C. obviously had equal thoughts.

They are on the other hand not overly complex, they don't develop much and to have all is only necessary, if you are complete in that basenotes style. Or in J.C..

Vamy69
Vamy69

I have been dying to sample this for a long time. This smells super good. I can detect the lemon in background giving it that sort of interesting kick. It reminds me of several perfumes I know and love put together (like a weaker Dior Addict with a side of lemon). I think this would be good for fall and winter. Not sure I would brave this one in heat. Good stuff!

artsymom
artsymom

I just tried this tonight thanks to a generous person who sent it in a swap. I don't normally like heavy, spicy scents but maybe I just haven't tried the right ones! This is GORGEOUS. The sillage and staying power are phenomenal and prove how a perfume SHOULD behave.

A very small amount of citrus in the opening that quickly changes to spicy vanilla amber and a bit of cedar- no flowers on my skin. This is a class above CK Obsession, but it automatically evokes that same warm, spicy feeling for me. This is definitely more refined than Obsession. I'm infatuated with this sultry beauty; hopefully it turns into true love! I want a FULL BOTTLE!

EDIT: Got a bottle and I LOVE it- so warm and comforting on a cool autumn night. Something about it just makes my mouth water.

Raquel73

I have buyed one in this month ,but I only to find it in some stores in EEUU, in some stores hasn´t got any stock already,by the way I live in Spain, and here there is problems with customs :-(
I think that I have to think in other signature parfum, but is soo dificult,the parfum is part of our personality and life,I´m sad when discontinued the parfums.

Raquel73

This is my perfum since very much time, but it is discontinued,I want to find one perfum with similar fragance.Could you help me? :-))please!
I had Addict Dior, i ilke it very much ,but Boucheron is sooo special!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

A heavy generic floral punch in the nose. Nothing special IMHO. Definitely not troublesome. Pass.

SheShe
SheShe

I had a bottle of Trouble, 15 ml one and I must say the cap looked much worse than it looks in the photo - and it's a jeweller's perfume so it should look better than a plastic cap coloured in gold.

The scent is cosy, thick, good for cold days, but it's also kind of dark, sweet but not too sweet. The drydown became a chocolate on me... and Trouble has got great lasting power. The fragrance really makes an impression and is worth trying. Classy, grown up...

Raquel73

Es el mejor perfume que tuve nunca, sensual y sexy 100%,durante un tiempo no lo encontre y lo sustitui por Dior Addict, pero he vuelto a encontrarlo y hoy mismo lo volvere a pedir, la locion corporal y el EDP, hay tambien perfume de 15ml.Una obra de arte, todos giran su cabeza cuando lo llevas puesto,es sin duda magistral!!

olga1780

I just found out that Orazuli by ST. Dupont is very similar to Trouble.

lemonziggy
lemonziggy

Some say Trouble is improperly named, but I disagree. With trouble, you don't always know you're in it until it's too late. Same with this perfume, you're hooked before you even know it. It is sultry and sensual. Very warm and earthy, the type of scent you can wear day after day and never tire of it. Of course, it all depends on your body chemistry but for me Trouble is my go to perfume. It's addicting and seductive. I dread the day when I won't be able to find any more bottles of it.

lavendermoon123
lavendermoon123

This could be a sister scent to Thierry Mugler's Alien. A little lighter, with more vanilla and not as heavy on the jasmine, but still in the same vein. This one doesn't have sillage that trails you for miles, either, definitely a consideration if you don't want the entire office to smell you. Alien wins it for me, but this is still a nice little gourmand twist.

aelias
aelias

The initial spray gives the impression of an oriental, but it really is a floral woody musk. I think it is a really safe choice and one you could wear year round. It reminds me a lot of Hypnotic Poison, but not so "in your face" with the vanilla. A touch of powder comes in the drydown, too. I think of the word "pretty" more so than "trouble."

Singabera
Singabera

It's more floral frag then oriental, a lot of white flowers in the beginning, lemon also noticeable, but then vanilla solos. Good perfume, but not very complicated and extraordinary.

fpih
fpih

I tried Trouble after seeing it often recommended as a 'creamy, warm, soft, comforting scent' in various perfumes forums. And all that it could be because the amber is delicious, if not for the cursed lemon note. Unfortunately, I detest citrus notes on top of sweet, warm fragrances and the citrus in this one is anything but subtle. In fact, it's the only note that stands out pretty clear for the whole duration of the perfume on my skin, which I have to add was not very long in all: barely 3-4 hours. Not for me, but others who don't share my dislike for citrus, might find it very attractive.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Trouble is perplexingly beautiful, opening with fresh lemon that seems to be tinted with almond or amaretto liqueur. I tried madly to find information on dyer's greenweed and it seems to be rather elusive. Some have refered to the aroma as being like orange blossom, chammomile or fruity musk--what I get is a fruity, balmy, lightly waxy floral scent, enigmatic and different.

Jasmine appears delicately in the heart, but at the same time, very present and never cloying. Warmed up with amber and some smooth cedar, I get that subtle waxy feeling again--hardy, sweet white lemon blossom petals with a little green stem and milky white sap appear in my mind.

Really alluring and charismatic, and somewhat narcotic without putting on the heavies. Somehow, I can imagine this being appropriate when feeling teasingly sarcastic and playfully confident.

twillocks
twillocks

I love it nothing more to say!

valarian
valarian

This is nice! It's quite subtle for me as I tend to go for the big bold in your face perfumes. The bottle sort of led me down that path! I agree with the Lemon peel being feminine and sort of sparkly. I would have liked it to have stayed around longer though! After a spritz about an hour ago it’s now quite faint. Still there but only just. I was amazed at the simplicity of this one, only 5 notes but beautifully put together. I couldn’t see many against reviews and feel only a few would find this one a definite no no. I get the feeling most people attracted to this one would wish for more strength, it’s definitely, for me lacking in longevity. Oomph at the beginning but a bit of a quiet song at the end! A tad too delicate for the heavy brigade I feel. Overall, it’s a good addition to my collection, one that I will wear day or night without much thought needed.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

I got a sample of this fragrance many years ago, and since the first time I wore it I thought it was really similar both to Jean Paul Gaultier Classique and YSL Cinema, though more balsamic than Classique and less complex than Cinema.

Sometimes Trouble's opening happened to make me a little sick (lemon note isn't definitely a favorite of mine, expecially when it's blended in floral orientals), but at the whole this is an interesting sweet-sour creation composed around some lemon and jasmine, a little of amber and woods and a lot of dry vanilla: there's just a hint of herbal poisoness in the top notes, but I can't detect anything really dangerous (the red snake in the ad) neither intoxicating in this fragrance.. contrarily, minute by minute Trouble reveals itself as a powdery and smooth oriental vanilla on my skin.

I would maybe love it if Cinema, Hypnotic Poison and Classique didn't exist.

olga1780

I don't know if my sense of smell is all screwed up but it reminds me so much of Addict, but a subtler version. Will be back with more feedback in a few hours.

This is pretty puzzling to me, because Trouble and Addict share only one (jasmine note in common), but when I first sprayed it on I instantly thought I alreayd have a similar perfume...and then it dawned upon me that it smelled like Addict.
But after 10-15 minutes Trouble is headed in a different direction. The lemon is more of a candied type here without making the perfume citrusy, just adding some zest to it. My overall impression is warm floral with a lemon twist.
Very classy and elegant perfume, but is laking some sillage for a wow factor. Longevity is average as well, about 3-4 hours.

naheed
naheed

Jacques Cavallier is a master perfumer. I tested his creation Kingdom and fell in love with it and now Trouble. It's a beauty in a bottle, very feminine and absolutely sexy in an elegant way.

Trouble starts with a citrus and sweet note. The citrus is from the peel rather than from the pulp and this seems to be JC's favourite note, as this kind of start is also in Kingdom but a bit darker and a bit bitter. Citrus note in fragrances is often associated with males but JC knows that if it is taken from the peel, it emerges as a feminine one in all its glory.

The more it settles on the skin,the more it becomes sweet and elegant. The dry down is a mix of floral, sweet citrus and my favourite woodsy notes. A Trouble for sure! I have just gone through reviews here and absolutely feeling bad that such a beautiful scent is discontinued now.

lafefe
lafefe

Heavy oriental, fantastic, it makes you feel like a real, mature, self-confident woman. Not easy to wear, definitely not for everyone.

tochelle
tochelle

trouble is nice.great lasting power

piscianna34
piscianna34

Trouble is a favorite of my collection, begins with the opening of citrus, jasmine and then goes to amber and cedar stands on, great staying power, those who like Alien edt like it

moynah
moynah

Just got delivery of this fragrance, 2nd hand (previously on someones dusty shelf) LOL
Very very powdery, almost like a fruity smelling talc, but there is a hint of musk. It is citrusy, but no way near green. Definately oriental. whisp of amber.
Its a nice fragrance to go to bed with. I always spray myself with my choice of fragrance before bed, this one works well, like a perfume 'hug' in a bottle .. and changes my white bedlinen into black satin! purrrrrrgggggrr

candymarie

Warm, slightly sweet, slightly earthy, a tiny bit fruity in the opening, and plenty of wood in the drydown. The only "Trouble" for me is now I'll have to buy a bigger bottle when my 1oz EDP runs out.

The bottle (of the 1oz EDP), by the way, seems to have been designed for lying on its side. It has the center of gravity of an upside-down bowling pin.

Good staying power. Even after washing my arm with soap I can still smell it. I recommend layering with the dry body oil. Mmmmmmm . . . I'm happy with this one.

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

Nothing special about this one. I wanted so badly to like it. It smells just like another vanilla,amber, jasmine scent. Strangely enough...it kind of smells like bubblegum on my skin. Can't wait to scrub it off. Next....

deeannek
deeannek

I too jut got a sample of this and am completely hooked. I will be buying a bottle asap. What I don't get is the notes that are shown here. Are they right? I don't smell any citrus at all. When I first spray it o it smells sort of creamy and nutty maybe musky.It is a little sweet but not like fruity or gourmand. It is deliciously Oriental and right up my alley.

Whoever discontinued this fragrance is a fool. I really didn't expect much, but now that I've managed to experience a sample of Trouble, I'm almost desperate for a bottle.

Trouble is really unique and sexy in a variety of ways. It opens with juicy citrus, which is supposedly lemon, but I get sweet, pulpy orange. To my nose it's a lightly sugared orange, somewhat of an acquired taste and very gourmand. It reminds me of an orange and poppy-seed cake my mother used to bake.

Some describe it as a beautiful, rich vanilla and bourbon scent, but I don't tend to describe it as that until the drydown, which does become increasingly syrupy and sweet. Trouble is what I'd imagine a femme fatal wearing. It smells a little dangerous but also very alluring and sensual.

In some ways it's quite warm and comforting, however most of the time it has the ability to get the opposite sex's pulse racing. The scent is surprisingly gentle, nothing like the powerhouse I'd assumed it would be, but with that being said the sillage is strong enough to leave a lasting impression.

Trouble is not complex, nor is it what I'd deem a masterpiece, but all in all it's a beautiful fragrance that deserves to stay in the market. I had absolutely no issues with the lasting power nor did I find this fragrance repulsive or green. It's quite possibly one of the nicest, creamiest citrus and vanilla fragrance I've ever stumbled upon.

candymarie

I agree with nyoka and many of the other reviews. This one is yummy!

And all I have tried is the dry body oil. Can't wait to try the EDP.

I'm a previously dyed-in-the-wool green floral fanatic (a la Chanel 19) trying to expand my olfactory horizons. I would think for anyone like me, looking to ease into oriental florals, this might be a good intro.

nyoka

I WORE Trouble today! After my shower,while still damp,i rubbed on unscented lotion with 2 squirts of fumes mixed in.Then,liberal spraying.I have had SO many compliments! The fresh blast of top notes make u hold ur head backand shake ur hair.

Then the heart BLOOMS in drippingly sweet floral jasmine.I Love the fact it has a woody dry down.(KInd of like ALIEN

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I smell sugared jasmine, lilac, maybe even hyacinth, magnolia, and other flowers not listed in the notes. Anyway, it's a lovely oriental!!!

Creamy amber, vanilla (not listed), very powdery (maybe lilac), with a dusting of powdered sugar.

Reminds me of these:
Guess Seductive
F by Ferragamo

I really like this :o)

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

Wow ! I finally got my sample today and let me tell you , it is some kind of WONDERFUL. I'm adrift on a creamy , citrusy albeit spicy cloud. I've been trying really hard to describe this in my head. I think if you took DK Cashmere Mist and threw in lemon , jasmine, elegance and a little sexy spice that would about cover it but NO it is maybe a little deeper and sensual. Its just SO creamy and smooth. I really dont think I have ever smelled anything similiar. Its unique like Poison but softer , more lemony and is it ever intoxicating. I can see men trailing behind. Starts out with a spicy lemon blast and in no time theres a creamy warmth enveloping me. I dont mean powdery and I dont care for powdery scents. By all means PLEASE try this. Mmmmmmmmmmm ! Love !

truffles
truffles

Ooh no, not for me! I received a sample of this today as it had been recommended to me as a 'sophisticated vanilla'.
To me, it smells like a cross between Obsession and Chantilly - powdery and just not really my thing.
UPDATE:
Well that was my first impression, instant, impulsive old me.
I have found that shortly after the mish mash topnotes (in which I couldn't detect any citrus at all), this has mellowed into something which is indeed 'sophisticated and vanillic'.
For me, everything comes out in the heart of this perfume - the citrus which to others is in the opening (although I get an almost orangey smell), the vanilla, and floral notes.
There is also a 'mustiness' to it that I actually find very pleasant. Sorry for my unpoetic description, I must look at those notes again to decipher what this must be!
The whole idea of getting a grown up vanilla was that my husband only seems to show a positive reaction to vanilla perfumes and I wasn't so keen on Britney Curious or a Lush frag as a signature.
He likes this!
Also, this now feels to me like a comforting perfume that I would love to spray on at bedtime to help lull me to sleep.
Hmmm, think I will get a lovely red bottle of this one.
UPDATE 2!:
Well, I had a bath and reapplied this and on my neck, not just my wrist this time. I can get the citrus top note now.
Bit puzzled by the inclusion of Dyer's greenwood though after reading up on its properties...

smerina
smerina

trouble is a very sensual aromatic perfume with vanilla & lemon aroma in the top notes.. suitable for those who feel 'delicate'.. very unique!

scentcurious
scentcurious

lovely perfume, not for a hot day though,will suit colder weather.was not difficult to find online

cisco
cisco

My friend RkrChk sent me a really large sample of this and I am enjoying it a great deal. It is more of an oriental spice to me than anything else. The amber, vanilla, and cedar kick in right away. What a lovely cool weather scent.

Update:

I love this so much I just bought a 3.3 oz. EDP tester. Actually, I now think this fragrance is wonderful in all the seasons. LOVE IT!!!!!! Many, many thanks to RkrChk for turning me on to wonderful Boucheron Trouble.

moonwalker
moonwalker

First time I tried it I immediatelly washed it off. I perceived it as a big 80tish vibe perfume. Since it is Sunday I am not going anywhere I have decided to give it another try but this time I have let it to actually develop.
Holly macaroni - what a great scent. This is the first jasmine perfume which doesnt smell like sweat on me. It warms beautifly on my skin. Great combination of lemon, jasmine and vanilla. I absolutely agree with the review below - it does smell raw, sexy and sultry. Though it smells nothing like Midnight Poison, it gives me the same associations - you know, it is something that Lady Macbeth would wear :)

nyoka

It begins with a light lemony floral scent but wait,,,,THen a glorious waif of jasmine,vanilla and old woods come into play.ITs beautiful how the notes merge without effort into one true masterpiece.THe woody note gets stronger in the dry down.Smells raw,sexy,sultry.Lasts a long time.MEN do love this one no matter the age of them.LIke a brew for attracting men.

nasus s
nasus s

MMMmmm. I just ordered this online without ever trying it, and I'm so happy I did. Such a beautiful scent so far. The name doesn't exactly make sense, but I could care less. It's feminine and sweet, with just the right amount of lemon. I was a bit afraid the lemon would be too sharp, but with the vanilla & jasmine it's creamy and mellow.

While it doesn't smell like either, it's somehow reminding me slightly of Givenchy Organza as well as F by Ferragamo (both which I like). A few other reviews mentioned a similarity to Addict too, which makes sense now (and again is a good thing to me).

I would definitely wear this for a special occasion, but would not hesitate to wear this during the day either. I will be ordering the cream and shower gel next.

sofiii
sofiii

The opening is weird in an alright way, really oriental, dark and mysterious with a touch of 'freshness'. I couldn't really put my finger through, but somehow it reminds me of Dior Addict's and Guerlain Idylle's freshness. Soon it smells like smokey baby powder with floral oriental edge. There's some really good sweet jasmine/lemon combo comes and goes, which reminds me quite a lot of Thierry Mugler's Alien Luminessence, but not as heady, and sweeter.

Later on, I can smell some nice vanilla, the whole perfume gets creamier and smoother. However the sweet Alien type of jasmine is still there and I feel a little bit uncomfortable.

I do agree that you'll be noticed if you wear Trouble, however, sexy? I personally don't find it so, just like I don't get it why Alien or Dior Addict are so popular. Maybe it's just body chemistry. Nevertheless, if you like jasmine scent and want something darker, you might love Trouble.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

There's not a lot more to write here that hasn't already been written about Trouble. This is a sweet, sexy oriental floral. Has a nice very light lemon note all throughout, even to the sweet ambery dry down. And it lasts long and has great sillage. I didn't notice it as being especially strong, but it has left a lovely trail behind me all day, according to the comments I received. There are some fragrances I wear that make me fear I'm knocking people out, and when I mention it, they say they don't smell me at all. But with Trouble, believe me, you WILL get noticed.

nyoka

This is a deeply provacative scent.THe jasmine is glorious.What I love is the woody background that for me is there from the beginning.The notes flow one into another with the heat of the fragrance deepening every minute.Its a com hither fume.Almost like nectar from a rare dangerous plant that says come here and I will hold u forever.Lasts 6/8 hrs and doesnt fade as the woody beautiful warm musky dry down enfolds

Catbiscuit

Today I am retesting some samples in my collection which I did not devote enough airtime to. Trouble made the shortlist.

Now, I have no idea what Dyer's Greenweed smells like in the wild but here it smells vegetal and somewhat fetid. Since it is now considered potentially toxic to eat, it is no suprise it would smell equally as unappealling. It is a biological imperative not to eat potentially lethal things (cues from smell and colour) which could be why my nose is involuntarily wrinkling.

Ignoring this fading note somewhat and I can get to the lemon which is a soft, candy-like lemon. Sweetish-sour & crystallised. Amber plays a large part of Trouble's evolution and drys down to the sweet slightly animalic aroma I previously mistook for musk.

The sweetness is stunning, easily the most enjoyable part of the perfume. The artificiality I mentioned previously I think comes from either the cedar or a cedar/lemon accord. Since the lemon seems to fit so well earlier in the perfume I am blaming the cedar for throwing me off.

It is by no means a bad perfume and it is certainly a lot more interesting than I gave it credit for but I stand by my previous conclusion: Meh!

Allinug
Allinug

I hate the smell of this one, it is too sweet and heavy. I was surprised because I like oriental floral perfumes, but you can´t like them all, I just wish that I did.

Catbiscuit

This is a soft musky deep scent. It is enjoyable but there is something artificial about it which throws me off. Meh!

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

I had this and I still want it. An evening floral musk on me, why evening because it's super strong. Amazing!!!!!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

wow, this is a great oriental floral: citrusy in the opening, strong jasmine presence and ambery vanilla)) has to be applied carefully tho, it's quite strong! Perfect for the evening wear, very sensual and warm))

mandi
mandi

very citrus but at the same time warm and comforting; neither the lemon nor amber is overpowering, instead they exist in beautiful harmony.

I fell in love with Trouble from the moment i first smelt it.

dragonesque
dragonesque

Yes, indeed, this might be a trouble wearing Trouble. I don’t know whether it’s a matter of body chemistry + weather or what, but sometimes the Trouble’s herbal/floral notes do not mingle well with lemon, as if they were brought together against their will. The notes stick out and do not want to form a composition. This makes me dizzy as if I were wearing glasses that are too strong for me. Fortunately, this does not happen every time I try to wear this fragrance, and if it does, the troublesome effect disappears soon. The heart and the drydown, though, are beautiful and creamy and smooth. And the bottle is a work of art.

bamboowu
bamboowu

A superb fragrance, Trouble by Boucheron is a creamy lemon meringue dessert in a bottle.

A delicious, smooth and creamy combination, it is a ultra beautiful oriental fragrance. The jasmine and citruses combined with vanilla and woods I find to be so tempting and almost sinful. I can see how you could get into "trouble" when wearing this...*smile*

In my inital spray, the most dominant notes I could detect were a satiny smooth lemon/vanilla combo. I also detected a BEAUTIFUL jasmine. Cedar and woods then appeared adding depth and binding it all together. There is sweetness, but it is not overpowering at all.

It is sensual, it is very sexy and sophisticated. Very very beautiful. Somehow this combination of ingredients have created something I find very unique and tempting.

All I can say is WOW, I am totally enamored by this gem of a fragrance. My only regret is that I did not discover this beauty sooner.

I totally recommend this fragrance - a real gem in my opinion!

mandashell
mandashell

Soft but strong lemony vanilla with an oh-so-slight furniture polish edge. This scent isn't dark or daring but warm, beautiful and sophisticated. You could wear it anywhere but it'd be ideal during the cooler months.

You don't need a ton of it because the lasting power is great and it has plenty of sillage.

I am truly baffled by the comparisons to Hypnotic Poison??!! HP is a warm nutty vanilla with a hint of coconut and plum while Trouble is a warm lemon cookie with a hint of sugar. o.0

And yes, Boucheron Trouble original, Eau Legere and Oscar Fresh Vanilla all smell a lot alike. ;'D As it stands, I like them all.

Sissi
Sissi

The opening has a smokey woodsy opening
then in a couple of minutes orange and lemon starts to appear and creamy amber and vanilla i'm not crazy about the scent but i love the burgandy theme on this perfume. elegant yes favorite no
but i don't hate it

rotorres
rotorres

Nice soft perfume. Smells very similar to hypnotic poison, just weaker/lighter.This would almost be a good sub for hypno if it had better staying power and strength.I would definitely recommend this if you like Hypnotic but it's too strong for you.Trouble lasted less than an hour whether on my skin or clothes.I think I'll get the lotion and see if layering will give it more depth,because the hubby really likes this and it has such a pretty bottle.

Although I believe that Boucheron's TROUBLE is misnamed, this is a beautiful fragrance with an alluring mystery note which emerges just after the bright and shortlived lemon opening. The same note is found in Calvin Klein TRUTH--uncoincidentally created also by Jacques Cavallier, who clearly does not show all his cards, as the notes listed are perfectly ordinary and do not overlap in such a way as to explain the kinship of TROUBLE and TRUTH.

The secret ingredient which makes TROUBLE a second-cousin to TRUTH, while also marking this fragrance as distinctive in its oriental floral category, is a resin--probably synthetic--of some sort. I like it as a note and it also imparts a thickness and substantiality that gives both the floral midstage and the amber-vanilla in the drydown something to cling to.

TROUBLE has good staying power in the edp and is a scrumptious, creamy and slightly sweet wrist-sniffer which I intend to add to my collection.

guest_lusalem
guest_lusalem

este perfume lembrou de leve o classique de JPG (perfume que usei por muito tempo), porém mais suave e sem aquele excesso característico. Tenho o edt que exalou rapidamente e não fixou muito bem. Como moro em clima quente é perfeito para o dia-a-dia. mas percebo que a intensidade proposta na construção do perfume seja para uma feme fatale. talvez o edp cumpra este papel.

This scent reminded me (slightly) the JPG classique (perfume that I used for a long time), but softer and without that excess characteristic. I have the edt that exhaled quickly and did not set very well. I live in hot weather is perfect for day-to-day. but I realize that the proposed intensity in the construction of this perfume is to a feme fatale. perhaps the edp fulfill this role.

c3c
c3c

Sweet woody floral vanilla...really nice from start to finish. The woody notes give it a spicy quality and the jasmine and vanilla round it off with just a hint of citrus lasting (right theres no vanilla listed in the notes but it has a lovely vanilla aura). Soft, subtle, and mysterious. Possibly a bit too heavy for a hot summer day, but in cool weather it's lovely. Definitely a great evening fragrance. Now I must try Trouble eau Legere!

~ Just wanted to add, for those who may be wary of the citrus notes, they start strong, and yes the opening could be compared to a "furniture polish", a really nice smelling one, about 10 min. in those notes fade dramatically. Around an hour later the citrus notes become very soft and a lovely vanilla style aroma sets in, which is when I like it best.

Zoya
Zoya

This perfume was such a plasent surprise to me. I bought this one unsniffed because of the mysterious name and sexy bottle. The bottle actually looks like something you put poison inside and the one who drinks it is going to fall in love with you. Or maybe it is just my imagination :)

Anyway, it is really sweet perfume, with lemony hints. It reminds me of a very sweet cake with rose syrup. I am so in love with this perfume. Great for evenings or cold days. It is very intense and long lasting.

preciouspetal
preciouspetal

It's very special. It smells really good on a cold day, as i find that sweet vanilla type perfumes tend to be a little too 'sticky' in the warmer summer months. Beautiful fragrance, i got mine for a tiny $5 (Au) because i just happened to be passing a pharmacy when they were clearing out all their testers, and it was only sprayed a couple of times and full to the top.

mymlan
mymlan

Trouble is a warm sensual comforting floriental. I guess most men would like it eventhough it's not very loud. Trouble has notes of lemon, foxglove, jasmine, amber, cedar, and vanilla. But it actually smells of an almond note as well (not listed). Quite similar to Cinema actually.

I think it would be a lovley signature scent rather than something that you put on in the evenings when you want to leave a heavy trail. I would like to have it someday, but there´s no rush. It´s not a "must have"... Or maybe it is? The drydown is addicting. The beautiful bottle too.

danimcneil
danimcneil

wow i can really see why this is called trouble! this scent is quite "vampy" in its opening. i like it much better once it dries down. but it definitely is a head turner and one to excite! you must try it to understand.

tuberose_and _sand
tuberose_and _sand

Boucheron Trouble is to me the perfect example of name not suitable for the juice. When I hear "Trouble" as name of a perfume, I think of a perfume very unconventional, very strong, intense and not loved by many people, but only by the ones bold enough to wear it!
Trouble is quite the antithesis of that, as it is such a warm, comforting fragrance. It wraps around you silently, slowly, but surely, just like the snake that's so symbolic for it and part of the bottle's design. In this case, I believe that the snake is not a representative for SIN, but for insinuation, for slowly penetrating your space and your senses.
Boucheron smells like rice pudding to me, I get strong rice and milky notes, with a nice dollop of honey ( not sugar or sugary!).
It is somehow sultry, but not sexy, carnivorous or animalic. I tend to associate it with "I love you", rather than "I'm in love with you"-it is the scent of feelings long-lasting, settled couples and mutual affection. Definitely for your husband, not your lover, type of scent.
Where would I wear it? Well, let me tell you where I would NOT wear it: clubs, office, restaurants, anywhere I want to be remarked.
It's the perfume of muted senses, just the embodiment of true, real love, who doesn;t need to shout, but to...whisper.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Two words.....Dangerous & Sultry. I my sample from a very generous Fragrantica friend. At first spray I immediately get a wave of Sweet Vanilla and Light Lemon. After a while it settles down and becomes this romantic soft and powdery Jasmine with the Vanilla lingering in the background. I also smell a little bourbon in this fragrance and the subtle smokiness is just enough to evoke mystery. It's a grown up gourmand! It's sweet, heady, sophisticated and definitely alluring. I picture a "thirty something" Lauren Becall in a long slender all black dress suit with a matching wide brimmed hat, heels, gloves, lips dewy red, tightly curled hair and following her lover in a dark damp smoky alley. You see she is a spy and has fallen in love with her foe. She leans against the brick wall biting her lip wondering if she dare continue to follow her lover. Although she is in love with him, she must complete her assignment. She continues to follow. Ever so often her perfume wafts in the damp air and her lover looks around but she outwits him. She's dangerous, she's beautiful, she's sultry. Just like Boucheron Trouble.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

Warm, lemony vanilla and jasmine in perfect harmony! I bought this one in the summer and now that winter days have come, I have the chance to explore its beauty in colder weather. It's classy, exotic and very long-lasting on my skin. It is creamy, sweet and fresh at the same time and it comes in an adorable deep red bottle.

Amanda79
Amanda79

I finally got my hands on a little bottle of Trouble! I was so excited to finally see this in the stores here! Based on the wonderful reviews I purchased it without smelling. This smells exactly like two perfumes I already have and love, Armani Code and Oscar Fresh Vanilla. One minute it smells like Code and the next like Fresh Vanilla and sometimes a combo of both. That's okay though! I'm very fond of those two and the mix is excellent! I had to double check the notes and they are very similar to Code..

lemon verbena, magnolia, digitalis, jasmine sambac, precious woods, vanilla, amber, blue cedar and tobacco smoke

Moyra
Moyra

The words "dark" and "sensual" seem to often be bandied about with reference to Trouble - alas! I honestly think its only the name "Trouble" that evokes those adjectives.

If I were the perfume house who marketed this (to me, again!) evanescently mundane candied citronella candle scent, I would look for a name like "Trouble" to give depth to my creation. Because Trouble has no depth, in my nose, and the greatest Trouble it creates is the dissapearing act it puts on after about 2 hours of wear.

Don't get me wrong - I don't "hate" Trouble. Its pleasant enough in a lemon candle/lemon lotion sort of way, and the bottle is beautiful. However, neither the name nor the bottle seem related to the innocuous citrus-y potion it contains. A little more dark and daring trouble would have been welcome.
And again, my apologies to all the Trouble lovers, these are my senses, this is my opinion *only*.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

To my nose this fragrance is a mixture of Casmir Eau de Parfum Chopard and Gaultier Eau de Parfum Classique. Both I used to wear in my student days as I was a huge fan of vanilla based scents. Trouble is a gourmand fragrance in a more sophisticated way and completes my present perfume wardrobe perfectly. Beautiful Trouble!

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

This one is a delicious little treat, something a woman who wants to put upon airs would wear. The initial spray has some quality about it that is overtly sexual, in kind of a not so good way. But after a couple of minutes the drydown is all lemon and powdered sugar. Yumm. This scent is heavy but also light at the same time. That sounds weird but I don't know how else to describe it. Wouldn't wear this unique fragrance everyday as it might get to be too much, but I'm going to be using my little sample a lot this winter.

lucifera
lucifera

well on me it smells very smililair to l exilir hypnotic poison by Dior :-)
Anyone who had the same?

Sassy1
Sassy1

I don't know...maybe my nose is out of whack with the rest of the world, but I don't get this one at all...
The start is a super strong screeching lemon blast which almost makes my teeth squeak, similar to chewing on a lemon peel. I don't find it refreshing or feminine in any way, just too too much! This only lasts a about a minute, followed by a mushy slightly floral middle which quickly morphs into a gel vitamin smeared on my wrist. After about an hour, I get lemony vanilla, similar to lemon cream pie. That's it. Sexy? Mysterious? Uh, no..
The notes don't seem to blend together at all (is vitamin gel a note?) but clash and struggle from top to bottom.
I usually love cedar (Capri) and amber (Fluers de Rocaille, Carolina, White Diamonds) but this scent doesn't have the lovely warm dark nuance of amber or the fresh sweet smell of cedar at all.
It seems to lack focus, wandering around in a muddle of scents and never hitting the mark.
I don't find it comforting as others do, but if they toned down the citrus top, perked up the jasmine middle,got rid of the vitamin smell and added a little incense at the bottom, this might be a truly standout scent.
As it is now, not a keeper for me.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Oooo, Trouble! A very fitting name for a dark & daring, womanly perfume.

Trouble is what I'll be wearing on Hallow'een this year. She fits the bill perfectly: mysterious, deep, smokey, voluptuous & she'll last all night long without corruption. Trouble smells dangerous....in a good way!

Once the citrus opener is tamed, the perfume is all about the jasmine - dark caramel & incense-smoked jasmine ....there is nothing delicate & light about this midnight beauty! The cedar adds a seductive smokey woodsy feel, the amber is rich, warm & inviting. The lemon doesn't lighten the scent (it isn't sour or tart) but it does brighten her dark side, giving her ruby-red richness a glorious, golden glow.

They say the scent of Dyer's Broom can tame both man & beast - Trouble is certainly bewitching & has the strength of a lion. Sillage is good & on my skin the dry-down is a smooth, buttery caramel with the merest hint of citrus, but this is many, many hours later.

I like Trouble. She is a wicked, independent beauty confidently walking in the shadows to a masquerade ball, her black cape with red silk lining flowing behind her.

Gosha
Gosha

I have ordered this online untested based on all the fantastic reveiws! I love lemon and all citruses and I love vanila, so I thouht this could be great. I have sprayed it on a scarf for the first test, because I was already wearing a different fragrance and couldn't wait to try it and I was instantly in shock. It was pure incense and nothing else! Nothing at all, but an orienal shop full of burning incense sticks! I could not believe that I am the only person to experience this...could it be that the bottle is off? In any case I have decided to try again on my skin - this time I could smell the citrus and the very strong incense smell only lasted a few seconds. It quite quickly faded and although I can clearly identify it still after 6 or more hours, it's mild and not disturbing and unpleasant any more. After half an hour or so the fragrance started to be very pleasant and getting better and better all the time! I could finaly agree with all the positive reviews, after several hours the scent on my skin is lovely, sweet, warm, unique and full of vanila.

Update: either I got used to it somehow, or it was just that the first few sprays of the fragrance were somehow harsher, but I don't find it that strong any more. Very, very, very pleasant!

+ I just got the body oil also and that is slightly different, pretty subtle and really exquisite, but sadly it fades away quite quickly. Adorable fragrance all in all.

jemma
jemma

Lovely perfume! Very skillful combination of citrus, jasmine and ambar.Moderately sweet , so as to give idea of comfort and warmth! I'm glad that at me!

dina

I'm really disappointed to know it's discontinued. One of my latest catches and I would love to repurchase again. It really smells great on me and I consider it one of the best fragrances produced in the last 10 years.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

On my skin, this is honey, muted, dark, rather sexy...I can trace vanilla and amber too, delicious if not mind-blowing.

I'm not surprised it's been discontinued however, as I've heard from more than one person that there's a flaw in the design of the bottle which isn't good for the chemistry of the perfume within...apparently, in the bottle, the fragrance doesn't 'keep'. Please take this only as heresay as I don't own a bottle and can't swear to the truth or otherwise of this rumour. If the bottle's the problem, I hope Trouble will be back on the market soon, in a container just as classy but kinder to its contents!

Alara
Alara

I'd just like to say that, unfortunately, it's been discontinued.
:( I've contacted Boucheron directly because I heard opposing statements and I'm sad to say it's true.

dina

Another classy, feminine, long lasting from the house of Boucheron.
I would categorize it as oriental spicy. I don't feel the jasmine; also the lemony top notes fade very quickly. What remain are the strong vanilla & amber. I would say if I'm to layer JPG Classique and Organza, the outcome will be Trouble.

kay_li13

Also want to add that there is a tiny tiny tiny difference between the spray and the solid... They smell the same except that the spray is slightly slighty spicier/pepperier. The solid seems to be missing that spicy edge, just the sweetness.

kay_li13

I just got this in the solid perfume and a sample spray of the liquid, and it's quickly becoming my new favorite!!!!!! Wow! I'm not sure how to describe the scent, but what other reviewers have been saying are spot on! There's a lemony-ness, there's a warm slight caramel sweetness, and "hug me" type of quality about it. It also comes in a gorgeous gold compact! Wow, can't wait to use this up! :D So happy for my new find. :) Usually when fragrances get rave reviews I find that they don't live up to my expectations, in this case they exceed my expectations!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I love trouble..so sexy lemon vanilla i have never smelled before.And the bottle is to die for,i love snakes so just the bottle it self makes me want it more.Great for naughty girls who loves trouble..hehe

renneyg007
renneyg007

My fiance loves this on me. Very strong and lasts all day (the perfume that is). Don't make the mistake of putting too much on or you won't be able smell anything else. Very sexy, sweet and dark. The vanilla is very rich and distinct. A little smoky but this kept fresh by the lemon/jasmine element. Divine.

According to what I've read about this perfume,I expected not to like this perfume.but I was wrong.it's not that heavy nor annoying.maybe it's too much for everyday use,but it smells great anyway.
do you like a powdery scent of lemon?that's it.the lemon is very strong,but it's not a kind of fresh,summer lime.it's rich and powdery.in fact it reminds me a bit Crystal Noir.both have the same impression for me.maybe the difference is that trouble is more into spicy notes,while Crystal Noir is more into coconut and sweet notes.
that bottle is really nice,with the sensual dark red color,in a quite simple cube bottle with precious opening.
it's a better version of dior addict.oriental floral lovers will admire it and I like it.though I love the bottle Ican't decide wether I like this one or crystal noir more.

Zocha
Zocha

After strong lemon opening there is some Jasmin but luckily not much as I'm not very fond of strong Jasmin scents. Then I get a lot of cedar, which I love, with a delicate amber edge. Long lasting and sharp but not strong. A very nice oriental fragrance for evening wear or even for day wear if not overdosed. I don't get what might be troublesome about this fragrance, too sexy? That actually would be good :)

Malegria

What a creamy, rich jasmine!I tried it several days ago and Trouble is delightful. It has a lemony freshness that does not let it become just another jasmine scent. Nothing synthetic or cheap, it smells really rich and makes you feel your best.For me it felt like fireworks - a beautiful multi-petal fragrance opened to me and filled me with joy! I am longing for bottle.

falovalo
falovalo

It smells like Pledge furniture polish on the first whiff. Then it settles into a sort of coffee breath fragrance, it's a little disturbing in that perspective. A bit weird and very original.

Malegria

Trouble reminded me of Kingdom by Alexander McQueen, only sweeter. I definitely smell ginger root in it, though it`s not in the notes.Vanilla and citrus almost make it gourmand, but that`s just it - almost.There is something bitter-fresh about it,like a very tight string of a bow - a deeply dangerous, dark side to it.However...it is just light enough to wear it everyday.May be certain men can pull it off, too!

persian_girl
persian_girl

I bought this one in Italy years ago.. very sensual, oriental scent, I like the dark red colour and shape of its bottle, it reminds me of some kind of precious treasury box of an elegant french lady.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I bought this on sale and was told it's now discontinued. I cannot remember the exact price, but I got a deal on it. I haven't worn it a lot simply because I do love it and want to prolong it's life in my collection. Even when it's all gone, I'll have fond memories of it and will keep the bottle. Something in it reminds me of Dior Addict, only it isn't as raw and sultry. It's more subtle sexy.. quite a flirty fragrance without being fruity or too strong. I get the lemon in the beginning, and the jasmine holds onto the woods and amber until the drydown.

snobuni77

You are very right Annie-D I have worn this a lot more since I left that review & it is softer then addict.It is also easier to get away with.I think you said it perfectly when you said Addict has more of a raw sexual side.Addict also doesn't have the lemony cream topping like Trouble (which is by the way a new favorite of mine) ;)

Annie_D
Annie_D

This is a light soft oriental floral, not loud or obtrusive. It has a powdery like opening that stays for the entire life of the perfume. The lemon comes in nicely with the vanilla giving it the right amount of sour to go with the sweet. I could see this in many situations, out to a dinner or a close encounter when someone will wonder what it is. Although in some ways it does represent Addict I think it is much softer with the powdery tones. Addict has a more raw sexual side to it, where clearly someone could get addicted to the untamed underlying essence of it. Trouble is simply that it seduces you quietly and softly whispering sweet nothings in your ear under you are under its sweet spell. I am sensing the vanilla more now but like I said the powdery notes, jasmine and amber balances it so nicely so that it's not overpowering. Nicely done a winner in my book!

dani78
dani78

The name, the bottle and the commercial speak about a very interesting, mysterious, sexual, seductive and intriguing scent. I was very keen to try it, imaging everything of the above. In fact, there are no such things. Just an average oriental perfume with sweet vanilla scent. Not bad at all but I don’t find anything unique or something special in it.
Suitable for winter season or for summer nights.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I like this alot, although it doesn't really scream "unique" to me. Maybe because I tend to gravitate towards the same kind of scent; heavier orientals with plenty of vanilla. I think my tastes are changing, I would like to have seen a smokey-wood note in this....or maybe just a bit less vanilla? Still a good scent, and the hubby likes it!

snobuni77

I am kind of bummed because I bought this unsniffed & when it got here & I smelled "Addict" by Dior .They smell exactly the same to me. I was in shock.I already own A Huge bottle of addict & a Mini.That is way too much of the same scent but oh well.At least I like it
-----------------------------------
Update

It does dry down different that Addict & there is more Lemon in it so I am wrong to say that it is exactly like Addict.It is still VERY similar (at least one me) but Trouble is also lacking that "Incense"iness that Addict has
Also
It really lasts a long time.It has lasted about 7 hours & that is pretty long in my book ;)

LuckysGirl
LuckysGirl

I love this scent. The lemony vanilla combination is delicious. It's warm and inviting. It makes me feel peaceful. I was lucky enough to find two bottle at TJ Maxx of all places so I bought both. One of the best buys I ever made.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I have smelled Trouble only in the body lotion and solid perfume versions (and I purchased the solid), and I think the effect is a bit different in those media. Nonetheless, it's still an amazing fragrance! The fruity top notes are held down a bit in the solid form, and are noticeable only for the first moment or two. After that, the jasmine and vanilla/amber combo steal the show, which is okay by me! It's slightly sweet, slightly smoky, with a touch of something that reminds me of Nag Champa incense. Very beautiful oriental that got two thumbs up from my husband.

For fans of solid scents, this one is worth seeking out in solid form. It comes in a heavy brass compact with a mirror top, and is wrapped in a black velvet sleeve. It's a gorgeous casing for a beautiful scent, and the scent itself has a sensuous, creamy texture that is an absolute pleasure to apply!

Starts as a fresh and clean scent with sweet non-plastic jasmine and creamy vanilla. Later, though, it powdered down way too much. That delicious gourmand vanilla/citrus, just edible and lovely, dried down past a gorgeous Vanilla Incense into an unfortunate pasty powdered vanilla ick that was aging and awful. Made me feel like I was 90 and smelled like it.

PR
PR

Don't see trouble here in the slightest, very wearable, and can be perfect on any occasion.
It is unmistakably oriental scent and call me crazy if you want, but it is a twin of Kenzo 'Amour'..but with a more noticeable presence. The scent is milky, but sharper together. I smell rice, tea and some oriental flower, perhaps lemon gives sharpness and freshness throughout.
If I had to compare, 'Trouble' does more for me than Kenzo 'Amour'

guest_salwa maroc
guest_salwa maroc

it s truly sexy and irresistible

BlackAmberMoon

Mmmm, I love Trouble! The citrus/jasmine/vanilla combo is delicious and sexy at the same time. The topnotes are bright and fresh, and the fragrance gets smokier and more seductive as it dries down. It's sweet, but the cedar prevents the vanilla from smelling too food-like. I definitely detect incense, too. Still, with all of that going on, Trouble is soft and sits close to the skin. Reminds me somewhat of Dior's Addict, which I also like. Gorgeous burgundy bottle.

liat
liat

As adorable as it may be, after an hour or so it changed dramatically on my skin from a beautiful warm floral to a dried-out extra boring and sticky vanilla.

klonk
klonk

A beautiful warm, sophisticated yet sexy fragrance. Suits my skin very well. At first fresh lemon notes which fade into a warm, flowery, amber and (slightly) vanilla scent. I think it is one of a kind... Great bottle too! Will HAVE to buy it!

mihaelasusan
mihaelasusan

It is too exotic oriental for my taste.i did not like bottle with snake. Good perfume,but not for me.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

My mom owns this lovely bottle of Trouble, and it smells wonderful on her. It's warm and lemony, but a soft, sugary, sweet lemon, not unbearably lemony or citrusy. Whenever she wears it I think "Here comes trouble...". :) It's truly playful.

heather
heather

Deliciously sexy, my husband frequently requests that I wear Trouble. The bottle is gorgeous and the fragrance is heady, seductive, and mischievous.

2007

Trouble by Boucheron 4.00 out of 5 based on 644 ratings and 178 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Boucheron Trouble fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Boucheron Trouble, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Trouble by Boucheron. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Trouble by Boucheron represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.