Designers » B » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Wode (Scent) Boudicca for women and men

Wode (Scent) Boudicca for women and men
dislike

leather
Wode (Scent) Boudicca for women and men Pictures Wode (Scent) Boudicca for women and men Pictures Wode (Scent) Boudicca for women and men Pictures

Eau de Parfum

Wode is available in two versions - Scent and Paint. Scent is a more concentrated Eau de Parfum, and it's made without any blue paint.

The History:

Wode, the revolutionary Art Fragrance from BOUDICCA, explores further the myth around Queen Boudicca (aka Boadicea). Legend has it she and her tribe wore a cobalt blue war "paint" on their skin that gave them a ferocious and mythical look when advancing into battle. When finally defeated by the Romans Queen Boadicea killed herself by swallowing hemlock, an extract of which is included in Wode.

The Magic:

When Wode is sprayed a vibrant cobalt blue mist appears and settles on the skin or clothing . Whether touched or not the "paint" begins to fade and within seconds or minutes disappears completely leaving simply the scent behind.

The Notes:

The fragrance opens with herbal spicy notes of juniper berry, cardamon, nutmeg absolute, clary sage, coriander seed and angelica root. A touch of fresh hesperidic and lighter floral notes add airiness. Through rare elements like black hemlock extract and the smell of raw opium, you will enter an olfactive space where saffron, tuberose absolute, tonka bean, styrax resin, and tree moss slowly unfold round a musky leather heart.
Amber and animalic notes like synthetic castoreum and cistus labdanum deepen the lingering impression of warm and radiant flesh.

The Word:

The name Wode is taken from the word "Woad", a deep blue plant extract, which was used in paste form by the ancient Britons as a tribal marking. Woad would have seemed magical to the Ancient Britons, as in its raw state it is a muddy hue and only when exposed to oxygen did it turn blue.

The Packaging:

Wode is packaged ina classic spray paint can. Graffiti is the modern war paint, the most public of all art forms, while steeped in rebellion and anti establishment values. Wrapped around the can is an engraved steel label tied with black braided ribbon tipped in metal; a detail synonymous with BOUDICCA team's highly refined finishing details on their garments. Wode (Scent) was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Geza Schoen.

Juniper Cardamom Nutmeg Sage Coriander Angelica Saffron Tuberose Tonka Bean Styrax Oakmoss Musk Leather Amber French labdanum

Wode (Scent) Fragrance Reviews

SuperPookie
SuperPookie

When first I first applied this it was a straight up spice with a touch of something sweet like honey even though that isn't listed .Within ten minutes the spice faded and the leather became quite noticeable ,though not strong. This is leather-lite :). The sweetness was still there but also a very faint touch of rubber . This actually made it more interesting to me so that was a plus. I never smelled Amber. What this most reminded me of was Bvlgari Black without the formers cloying sweetness . Sillage was good and longevity was about 1 1/2 -2 hours .

Roge'
Roge'

Starts out with oakmoss lending an inky touch to what smells like full grain leather. Minutes after I wade in the wode, musk swallows the dense cloud of leather hence illuminating the aromatic properties. After the leather/saffron settles, the composition gets a little lighter making this a summertime leather alternative. On my skin, I'm not getting too much balsamic action nor have I encountered anything resembling amber. Not as challenging as the reviews led me to believe. Puredistance Black fans will enjoy this one for sure.

If you're into experimental fragrances this is something worth checking out. An interesting rendition of leather which takes the distance from other fragrances in the same vein by achieving a luxury vibe via non-conventional languages. In this context, Wode is similar to what Comme Des Garcons or, let's say, Martin Margiela have done with their clothes collections. High-end luxury goods with a remarkable avant-garde/punk attitude.

Wode it's just lie that. It's a punk leather jacket wore on a chiffon white shirt or, if you prefer, it's like going to an S&M party wearing a Rick Owens' leather courset.

How it smells like? Non-animalic yet incredibly realistic raw leather, dark green vegetals and spices blended together in a petrol-like magma that's overall crude yet quite compelling. Both projection and lasting power are average.

The fragrance is available in two different editions: Scent and Paint (both of them coming in a aluminum paint-like can). The former it's stronger and comes as a traditionally transparent liquid while the latter is an actual cobalt-blue paint that when sprayed on clothes and/or body, magically disappears after a few minutes...Scary.

Caution: The typical fragrance that makes perfume purists horrifying.

Rating: 7.5/10

jbvandemark
jbvandemark

I was looking forward to trying this & just got a sample yesterday. I'm not the best at picking out notes & whatnot but here goes:

It started out aggressively green which was a little worrisome but I am patient.

I am rewarded for my patience as the greenness mellows out a bit, though I am getting an almost menthol thing which I figure is the juniper? I should really know that due to the amount of gin I drink but anyway....

We're moving into leather. This is not your expensive handbag leather. This is biker leather, starting with the chaps, which is actually not bad. The I get a cold, wet stone element which cleans up the leather -- we're at the jacket now.

The leather is mellowing out and everything is blending together nicely in a calm, dare I say Zen, manner. Quite pleasant. No particular note is standing out.

It fades, gets a little dusty and then just when I think it's pretty much gone it comes back. It's spicy and just a little sweet, but not at all gourmand. Niiiiice.

Overall, a very interesting fragrance and definitely worth a sample if you like scents that are a little edgy/different/non-mainstream/whatever.

Mogie
Mogie

This scent was so spicy and complex on me, it had somewhat of a rubber scent mixed in somewhere in there, but overall it wore really on me. Complex yet special, with just enough sillage. I think I might have to sample this one more time before I make a decision on purchasing the full bottle though.

....October 16, 2010, so I'm adding onto this review. Today I recieved my full bottle....I am in heaven. This scent is so amazing. The sample I received did not give this scent any justice. I think it has something to do with the way the scent disperses onto the wearer with the spray can that adds to the scent. I feel like I am wrapped in it, but it is so beautiful. I love that I get to smell like this all the time. The sillage is great and I have already received a few compliments.

Wode (Scent) by Boudicca 4.00 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Boudicca Wode (Scent) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Boudicca Wode (Scent), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Wode (Scent) by Boudicca. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Wode (Scent) by Boudicca represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.