Designers » B » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Clin d'Oeil Cosmic Girl Bourjois for women

Clin d'Oeil Cosmic Girl Bourjois for women
dislike

Clin d'Oeil Cosmic Girl Bourjois for women Pictures

Clin d'Oeil Cosmic Girl by Bourjois is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. Clin d'Oeil Cosmic Girl was launched in 1998. Top notes are bergamot and mimosa; middle notes are violet and licorice; base notes are spices and sandalwood.

Bergamot Mimosa

Estilo

Clin d'Oeil Cosmic Girl Fragrance Reviews

QueenieBee
QueenieBee

Ordered this off (German) ebay in my quest for a licorice-scented perfume. It's a very nice scent, slightly soapy, definitely sweet and powdery in a sandalwood sort of way. To me it really smells like a lighter, less sugary-sweet "Honey and the Moon" from Tokyo Milk. Or very very mildly of a lovechild between Lush's "Snowcake" and "Honey I Washed the Kids" perfume.

The mimosa in it is very deterring at first, by interrupting the gourmand aspect with its soapiness. I really don't smell much, if any, licorice.

AnnetteInFrance
AnnetteInFrance

A very good Lolita Lempicka dupe. Cheap and wears well.

elderflowers
elderflowers

This is still occasionally available in discount chemists here in the UK, so I am reviewing it in case anyone else stumbles across it; the original Clin d'Oeil range, including Cosmic Girl, sank from mainstream retail view years ago. I picked up my 75ml bottle for £2, which must make it the cheapest fragrance I've ever worn.

Though I don't think the stated notes – or the name – are a very accurate guide to the scent, Cosmic Girl certainly doesn't smell excessively cheap (but I have never tried the original Lempicka scent or its flankers, so I can't tell if it's similar). To me, it's a vanilla-almond gateau, held in a hand that's been slathered in an old-school cream like Nivea. The vanilla-almond has a fruity cherryish note, and I'm sure Cosmic Girl owes all this to a generous slosh of one the few chemical notes I can fairly reliably identify: heliotropin.

Scents based on heliotropin are never really 'me' – they always tend to fluffy sweetness, and if they're glamorous, it's the vintage glamour of peach-coloured satin underwear. I only wear them when I'm in a particular mood, craving comfort and a bit of feminine self-indulgence.

Cosmic Girl is just such a scent, and will make a good replacement for my soon-to-be-empty Miss Sixty Elixir. If you like anything with a pronounced play-doh/heliotrope note, or even 'cherry almond' body products, it's well worth a try.

Flora55
Flora55

I just got a bottle of this on eBay - it was said to be vintage, but obviously Cosmic Girl is not from 1984,since it's an Angel clone of sorts, so this is a flanker of the original Clin d'Oeil, which I thought I was getting. Anyway, I love it! It is very much like Lolita Lempicka only not nearly as loud - it's like the parts of Angel and LL that I like without the booming brass section. I am also getting the violet and it goes well with the licorice and warmer gourmand and sandalwood notes. I will definitely be wearing this "cheap and cheerful" fragrance a lot!

LaPetite
LaPetite

Just tested today , i really agree it is like LL's Premier parfum .
But to me it is less complex , and the liquorice note is less strong , which makes it more wearable to me , and to you if you're not a liquorice fan either.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I've tested Cosmic girl and another one of the Clin d'oeil line recently.

The one smelled e-xac-tly like Lolita Lempicka, the same liquorice note there, while the other one was more subtle, with tangerine,jasmine and vetiver as the main notes.

I enjoyed the second one. Still I cannot remember if it was cosmic girl or the elusive scent. I'll get back to that.

The overall impression, since this is the first time Bourjois perfumes are available in Greece, is good quality, reasonable longevity and great price around 11,5 euros.

Migotka
Migotka

A much much nicer version of the original Clin d'oeil, which I found somewhat plain. This one is wonderfully spicy and sharper, although it is not very strong and would not hurt your nose.

gesch
gesch

I expected it to be only spicy and maybe a bit woody. never did i suppose to smell musk. and there is loads of it... maybe it's the combination of mimosa with violets, but the first half hour is hard on s.one who doesn't stand for the smell of musk. the dry down is pretty though. smooth powder with a bit of spice. it's not the blunt kind of spice, but s.th. that makes people close to you trying to figure what's with the "smooth smelling" ;)

guest_Teresa
guest_Teresa

my favourite scent, it smells lush on me!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bourjois Clin d'Oeil Cosmic Girl fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bourjois Clin d'Oeil Cosmic Girl, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Clin d'Oeil Cosmic Girl by Bourjois. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Clin d'Oeil Cosmic Girl by Bourjois represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.