Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

In Control Curious Britney Spears for women

In Control Curious Britney Spears for women
dislike

I have it: 798 I had it: 315 I want it: 665 My signature: 10

In Control Curious Britney Spears for women Videos In Control Curious Britney Spears for women Videos
In Control Curious Britney Spears for women Pictures In Control Curious Britney Spears for women Pictures In Control Curious Britney Spears for women Pictures In Control Curious Britney Spears for women Pictures

The new limited edition of Curious is sweet and sexy, romantically pink and dangerously black. The composition is a sensual mixture of vanilla and musky notes, crème brûlée and night orchid. It opens with juicy notes of loquat fruit. The heart harmonizes midnight orchid, crème brûlée, black vanilla bean and tonka crystals. The base notes are sugared sandalwood and musk. It was created by Claude Dir in 2006.

Fruity Notes

Tonka Bean Vanille Orchid Sweet Notes

Musk Sandalwood

Bonbon
Dalal

In Control Curious Fragrance Reviews

Treacherous
Treacherous

Not bad. It's a subtle, creamy sweetish gourmand scent. Weak longevity and weak silage. I've ended up using this as a base with other fragrances, like flower bomb. I would like this more if it lasted longer. It's a nice scent to wear on it's own to bed, not really for a night out in my opinion because it's so subtle, you literally have to sniff your skin to smell it. The creme brûlée really stands out to me. It's just ok, nothing mind blowing here.

PerfumeKing14
PerfumeKing14

I hate the original curious I think it's cheap smelling & just wrong. This one however is nothing like it. It's very sweet but not overpowering, it's a lot like bonbon by Victor & Rolf. It actually lasts a good 6-8 hours as well so for the piece it's well worth it

caydesugar

Sometimes I like to mix this with the original fantasy :)

Malibu

This is a flanker to CURIOUS, but I can't pick up on any similarities between the two fragrances. Plus I find this much lighter then CURIOUS, yet I can still pick up on the fragrance after a day at the office.

As you can guess, it is a sweet fragrance, but it's not sickly. The soft floral notes seem creamer as they're enveloped in the crème brûlée. The vanilla & musk notes warm the fragrance up within the hour.

The top, heart & base notes in IN CONTROL blur together, so it is a mostly linear fragrance.

The 30 ml and 50ml bottles have traditional spray nozzles, while the 100ml bottle has an attractive atomizer.

Tine1world

I know I have written a review already. This is for me a definite winter fragrance. We had cold fronts lashing the south eastern sea boards here in Aussie Land yesterday and it was flippin' freezing! If you went out then you got wet. This wafted from time to time up from my bazooka region comforting me all day.

If your'e a foody and a lover of spicy cinnamon type fragrances then this one might suit you. It's not terribly original but it is inexpensive. A 100 mill EDP sometimes can be purchased for 20.00 Aussie smacka's.

True to form with other Spears fragrances this has some longevity. Well over 6 hours or so on me.

But this doesn't work on warm day's. I absolutely hate smelling this when it's warm out.

What it does remind me off. Is the memory from my child hood where both my parents although in their first and second decade respectively during the 2nd World War, constantly telling us 'spoiled brats' that all they had to eat during the WAR was porridge.
So presumably we had to from time to time contend especially during winter climes, hot semolina porridge seasoned with butter and cinnamon.

There I said it. Reminds me of porridge, but in a hearty, hankering way. The way it was made for us kiddies, yes I have siblings, with love and attention to the palette of young ones. We also enjoyed with our semolina porridge which was made with full cream milk with a dash or so of fresh strawberry jam and a healthy dollop of fresh cream, sprinkled with extra white sugar and some more cinnamon. This toned down the heat and sourness of this steamy morning tide start to the frosty and chilly winters day.

There is an art to making and preparing this type of porridge. This fragrance reminds me very much so of this type of porridge cooked in the manner I have described.

Cheers T.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

** I have a 2010, 100ml plain black bottle with no pink charm**

Smells very much like Viktor&Rolf Bon Bon, or maybe that should be the other way around considering this was released first.
This disappears as soon as it hits your skin....poof, it's gone!! Seriously, the staying power is beyond a joke.
Such a shame as this is quite a yummy perfume, much nicer than the original.

Monticka
Monticka

I have the same problem b.a.denney has, I can't smell it! I get some slight sweetness from the bottle but nothing on the skin! Crazy..

b.a.denney

I have already reviewed this, but I just have to ask others if it's just me, or am I one of the only ones who has a hard time smelling this one? Even when this is freshly sprayed, it's just so light that I have to bury my nose on top of it to smell it. I'm the type who even wears perfume to bed, and this is a cozy, vanilla type scent, so I sometimes wear it to bed, but every time I spray it I'm so disappointed in how weak it is, even if I douse myself with about 10 sprays.

I love the scent, I just wish it were so much stronger. How in the world this is an Eau De Parfum, I have no idea, because it's just weak. I wonder if I got an "off" bottle. It would be the largest bottle too...

noonbob
noonbob

I just got it ! All i can say is how SEXY this smells. I am in love, i am constantly sniffing my arm because it smells beautiful. After reading some reviews once i had purchased this online i was a little scared because of the similarities made between this and fantasy. i have fantasy and it is ok but too sickly sweet for my taste. This however is adorable.com definately something you would wear on a night out but i don't care i'll wear it whenever. This definatley speaks Powerful Woman in Control to me I would love for Britney to make more of her fragrances like this my favourite of hers by far then comes 'believe' and 'midnight fantasy' which are both beautiful.

Simkitty181
Simkitty181

ohmygosh...
The initial spritz is my only issue with this perfume...
It's a little...boozy. But the dry down is why I love this perfume so much. Once the drunk top layer is gone, all thats left is this deep...sensual vanilla creme brulee and a soft background of musky florals and sandalwood.

I would say ICC and Fantasy are "adopted sisters" due to the fact that they both have this incredible vanilla dry down. Fantasy being more cheerful and gitty, while ICC is more mysterious and alluring.

kismetdaisy

Just got another 100ml bottle with the atomizer sprayer and dangly charm off eBay at a good price on auction;) I made sure I wwas going to win no matter whAt, lol. I know the other bidders don't love ICC as much as me!! I have 3 of the atomizer bottles in my collection now! But sadly, the travel caps were loose on them while I was travelling , and a good but spilled from them!;( very bummed about that, cause the atomizer bottles smell the best! Very sexy vanilla and sugared sandalwood.

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

Oh Britney Spears...there are so many designer, top-notch perfumes out there, but yet for some reason I just can't stay away from yours!! Funny, a lot of people compare Fantasy with Pink Sugar, but on first application, this is the one that I find to be more similar. It's just so sweet, so sugary, so girly, so sexy, so wonderful, so yummy! Makes me feel like a teenager again. And it lasts and lasts all day long. Keep them coming Britney!!

ChesleyMusic

We have different ways of smelling certain perfumes. When I first smell this it was just awful, until I tried and wait for a month to get used to it. And then I bought and take time of how my skin gonna react to it, and it turns out its amazing.

P.S. Amazing after shower summer night/days fragrance.

GoldDustedWoman
GoldDustedWoman

I have it , I love it. Its in My top 3 from her for sure !

kismetdaisy

I came back to say that ICC now has amazing longevity and sillage now that I've been wearing it for quite some time. I order my bottles off the sand person and these particular bottles are fresh and long lasting, while other bottles I've had the scent is hardly noticeable after a few minutes! It's the sexiest, yummiest perfume in the world<3

kismetdaisy

It is not at all similar to the original curious or fantasy. Or guess Marciano. Or candy or l de Lolita and definitely not can can!! It does, however, smell similar to Dalal.. And maybe Escada a little bit. I layer this over my dalal sometimes, but mostly just use my in control spray oil for layering. Dalal smells so good.. Even if you don't find it to be similar, it's definitely worth a shot if you like scents like in control. Dalal isn't quite as "candy" scented like in control, but still gorgeous. Nothing will ever top or compare to in control in the end. When people say this is similar to Fantasy, I'm hoping they mean similar as far as being in a similar category, as in it would've made more sense had this been a fantasy flanker rather than Curious. It smells nothing like curious..in fact, I hate Curious and the original isn't even in the same category as ICC. You see many comparisons here, but the only one I am going to go with is Dalal. Escada is sooooo amazing, but very expensive and very hard to find a fresh bottle now days. Dalal is only a few dollars.. I would go with that. Anyway, hope this helps. Everyone's nose is different, so I never usually pay much attention to similarity opinions, cause we all smell things differently.

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

Ppl say it is similar to the Original Curious, Fantasy, Prada Candy, Guess Marciano, Al-Rehab Dalal, PH Can Can, Guess Marciano and Lolita L., jillsy & hnyc say one from Escada but which?

I found it very sweet at first but then a nice dry down close to Tesori d'Oriente Hammam.

Grimly Fiendish
Grimly Fiendish

Let me start by saying that I was not a fan at all of the original Curious; it was way too sharp and floral on my skin. This is nothing like the original. It's a smooth, creamy, deep and alluring gourmand. It doesn't change much from start to finish, on my skin it's a blend of crème brûlée, tonka bean, vanilla and musk. The result is captivating!

I find that it has a slightly boozy quality to it, almost like a fine champagne. For my 21st birthday, my sister bought me dark chocolates that were filled with various flavors of alcohol; this perfume reminds me a lot of how the champagne flavored one tasted.

Lasting power is impressive, it lasts about 5 hours strongly on my skin. I normally wear this at night and when I do, I can often detect it on my clothes the next morning. This is one of those scents that I catch whiffs of on myself and think, "Mmmm, I smell delicious!" It's very food-like, so if you're a fan of gourmands, give it a go!

ChesleyMusic

I finally have this... give it a time and the real scent will comes out. It welcomes you in creamy, refreshing vanilla.
Not really last in cold nights but it get powdery..

jdokicfan

Everytime I wear this I fall in love with it again, I always forget how beautiful it is!

Pure sweet vanilla it's probably more more for a young demographic because it's so playful and so sweet but Gourmand lovers of any age will love this.

Initially there is a burst of of alcohol but this quickly fades, simply stunning fragrance which I feel should be more known and popular.

olga.stefan
olga.stefan

I like it because it's vanillic all the way. It's decently lasting and a proper gourmand. What I didn't like about it is the depressing feeling I get from the musk-overly sweet cheap candies combo, which should've been dark, but ends up being just dubious: it reminds me of a grown-up woman/ mature prostitute cosplaying Sailor Moon. It feels like the sensual pretentiosness of it is spoiled by accidental ingredients that are thought to come in handy when creating something that shouts "sweet but whoreish, innocent, but versatile".
However mixed the feelings, I blindbought it in 2012 and wore it for the summer (its fresh drydown makes it a good summer choice) and I find myself coveting it again. The price is super-affordable, worth a guilty pleasure.

Update> Well, here I am, wearing this fragrance again, and I must say I love it! It's almost embarrassing how different my perception is now, I guess I forgot how good wearing a genuinely feminine scent, lacking masculine notes and spices, felt like. It is soothing, balsamic, sexy. I get the sour candy, vanilla, tonka beans and a hint of musk.

carriewible
carriewible

The first time I wore this, I loved it, but did not get as much candy scent as the next time I tried it. I have been wearing Brit's Fantasy and I thought this perfume smelled extremely similar. Still love it, though

GregorAPBDH
GregorAPBDH

Curious in Control by Britney Spears is the first spin of from the original Curious. The box is very feminine as it is bright pink and black leopard print. The box has an opening zip effect on it which makes it look sexy and attracting. The bottle is the same UFO shape. This time the bottle is black non see through and has the same rope effect neck this time in pink. The bottle also comes with a chain around the neck with a pink plaque on it that says 'In Control'. The actual fragrance is similar to the original but it is slightly fruitier.
This perfume gets a 7.5/10 from me :)

jdokicfan

The name is really misleading for this fragrance, you'd probably expect something similar to that of the original curious but its completely different!

On first spray you do smell alcohol but that quickly goes away to make room for a very sweet but pleasant fragrance. It isnt overbearing or sickly sweet it is soft and just right.

I tend to agree with people who say its Prada Candy without the benzoin.

I love this perfume! definitely dont hesitate to try this one if you love gourmands! it wont disappoint

Tine1world

'In Control'. Yo Yo weather here again Melbourne. Calm before the rest of the next heat wave storm. We're sweltering and the northern hemisphere is freezing. What's going on?

Well knowing that 'Spear's' fragrances are heavy on the cinnamol, (cinnamol this and cinnamol that) making this fragrance in my minds eye one for the colder climes. I do have to commend the nose behind 'Spear's' fragrances and for the creation of fragrances that seem to be at least on myself quite long lived and priced at the lower end of the price spectrum.

At first spray on the wrists, the familiar 'Spear's' cinnamol is obvious, luring me into thinking that the same fragrance is bottled into each individual fragrance in her range. I know this is not true. Most likely it is my decrepit old lady skin and schrivelled nostrils.

Enough self put downs. After an hour or so after application this fragrance evolves into a creamy Creme Brulee type scent, reminding me of the chocolatey aroma of 'Red Door' of yesteryear. Again that may be my skin and the weather? It is humid, yet we've had very little rain. We are also in between heat waves. This is also the time of the Australian Tennis Open coinciding with Australia Day. The Australia Day of the whitey's not the indigineous. It usually is hot this time of year. However today is mild hence the 'Curious In Control' I recieved for Christmas past is being sampled. Moving through emotional and physical times. The character of this fragrance begins to transmute. The essence of 'Curious' EDP, which I purchased back in 2007, (then what I thought to be a cheap price too. 30. Aus Dollars, at the time seemed good value for money and a handy stand by fragrance to keep at my then boyfriends place for emergencies. Albiet this opinioned arsewipe from the eastend of London thought to belittle me for my choice of fragrance.) What a complete dufus he is. Completely delusional. Enough said there.

Back to 'Curious In Control'. I find it to be very much in essence of the original 'Curious' with a darker and more subtle and muskier drydown, just with a hint of vanilla and chocolate influxed with exotic and bitter fruits.

I would conclude that this fragrance performs accordingly and several hours after application I am still able to detect CIC close by. This is definitely a 'Spears' fragrance and a credit to her noses for consistency. The fragrance did dry down quickly yet it was still detectable on the skin the next day. Musk seems to be the predominant basenote, and even though to me this smells like the original 'Curious', with the expectation that 'In Control might be headier, it was not. In fact it seems more chocolatey and softer smelling . I am looking forward to wearing this next winter.

Cheers T.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

This was a very lucky blind buy. It smells very similar to the Al-Rehab perfume oil Dalal. Dalal being much stronger and lasting longer. This is cute, well behaved, inoffensive, light and sweet. It will definitely wear well sprayed with a light hand in summer. I love Dalal but I "only" like this. I might upgrade in a few wears.

ErikaTayTay
ErikaTayTay

This is a fabulous sweet scent! It is my signature. Not only is the black and pink bottle beautiful, but the fragerance itself is also flawless! The scent is amazing, and 2 squirts will last me all day. I picked it up for only 20 dollars as well! The box that the perfume comes in is also very cute!
A flawless fragerance

PerfumeAddict23
PerfumeAddict23

I have had Curious in the past, and I have always been "curious", to say the least, about her darker sister, "In Control". Stumbling around at TJ Maxx I found a 3.4 oz bottle for $17. I picked it up immediately and purchased it blind. The fragrance is very sweet, and nothing like the original Curious perfume. It's soft, and doesn't have a really good lasting power.

This perfume is really hard to find, and no longer available in a lot of retail stores, so if you like it, purchase it, because who knows when you'll be seeing it again.

manuuajd
manuuajd

This is oriental floral???, no.... This is oriental vainilla!!! ;)

starslyric
starslyric

Love this perfume.
Very sexy, yet sweet.

maria_aaa
maria_aaa

I love sweet scents. But for some reason this immediatley gave me a headache. I had to give this away to a friend who loved it.

vnv.ucr
vnv.ucr

It's like curious with a darker/sexy twist. It's sweet but dark. Still has that aquatic undertone. but just sweet overall. I would say night time over day. Moderate lasting time. More around friends or bf/gf scent, not work appropriate. Not a fancy scent.
Comes with a regular sprayer or the puffer atomizer. I've had both, and can say the puffer ends up going bad, so the regular sprayer is probably more worth it.
Having the 3.3 oz (100mL) bottle, i would recommend the smaller bottles as it takes up a lot of space due to the shape of the bottle.

velvet_hour
velvet_hour

Absolutely delicious scent! Sweet and musk are balanced beautifully.
I can detect a hint of cupcake or white chocolate in there somewhere, which makes this another signature Brit candy perfume, though this is just a little too shy in sweetness to be gourmand. It could almost be a watered down, more sophisticated addition to her 'fantasy' perfume line, as they tend to be fruity sweet to the extreme, but this seems to be a pleasing one-off fragrance that takes the name of her first perfume 'Curious' and offers a muskier twist.
My only criticism: I would have liked some spice in this fragrance, perhaps a cinnamon or white ginger note? I think this would have livened the darker musk side up a little more.
I wear this mostly at night, though I think it would wear well in the day as the sweetness is refreshing but not overpowering.
Another perfume that I appreciate having in my collection, even to use as a base scent.
Bravo again Britney!

kismetdaisy

Strange how they're at Ross again.. I got a few actually to stock up, one of the 1.7oz had the dangly on it, actually. Was surprised.

elliselove
elliselove

is it just me. after reading some reviews here and on youtube, i decided to buy it but a scent doesn't last on me and this reminds me of the usual "night" scents sold at bath body, victoria secret type stores... i want to like it. it has rich type scent. i hope i enjoy it. (mixed feeling)

RADIANCE78
RADIANCE78

I really like this fragrance. It's a nice sexy, not too sweet soft fragrance. I got a great deal on it at Ross today. By the way they don't put the cute little dangly charms on the older fragrances anymore. It's probably a way for them to save a little money I guess.

b.a.denney

I really, really like this fragrance. I got a 3.3 oz. at Marshalls on clearance so I took a chance. I like it a lot. It could be stronger. It's not something I'd consider strong on sillage like a couple of Brit's other perfumes. I do get some vanilla but it's not overwhelming. The poster below said the ones with the atomizer have a stronger vanilla scent. I'd love to try one. My large bottle was also missing the cute dangly. My box was sealed so I know it wasn't just "missing". The bottle does look a little sad without it. I'm a fan of most of Britney Spears perfumes(although not necessarily a fan in any way)and I don't find them just to be for the very young. I'm mid 40's and if I like it, I wear it. The only perfumes by her that I don't like are Midnight Fantasy, and Believe( too much patchouli for me).

kismetdaisy

Contrary to other reviews, myself and all my friends find in control to be very unique. I've searched high and low, trying to find a frag that's even slightly similar to icc. Nothing yet?! So, to the people who say this is a familiar scent, please shed some light and expand on that... Cause I want to find something similar for when in control is totally gone(it will happen.) also, I'd like to give a tip. I've gone through and had many bottles of ic already. There's the plain bottle with the regular sprayer, the bottle with the pendant hanging down that reads "in control," and there's the normal bottle only with the atomizer. The atomizer bottles are from when in control first came out. I've noticed the scent has changed slightly through each bottle. If you want vanilla, go for the atomizer bottle. I love how they all smell, but there is a difference, honestly. The other bottles are all candy, creme brûlée, orchid, sandalwood and musk. With the atomizer bottle, I get vanilla, tonka crystals, creme brûlée, sandalwood and musk. It's like the vanilla/tonka notes have been replaced with the candy floss and orchids in the newer bottles. Some bottles smell the same, but I've had 2 atomizers that smelled very vanilla/sugared sandalwood. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who had noticed this, but there are differences from one bottle to the next. I was very confused about this, as my first bottle was the atomizer. My second bottle seemed like a different fragrance almost, way more juicy and orchid. Anyway, this is just a tip for those who were disappointed with the lack of vanilla. I like all of them, but that black vanilla just smells amazing and really makes ic perfect.

Edit: I found a lady that makes In Control in pure perfume oil. I have that, the ICC body soufflé and EDP... The lasting power is now outstanding!! You can buy ICC oils online if you're looking to amp up this beautiful scent.

RkrChk
RkrChk

Loads of thanks to lovely Robyn for this sleeper of a gem...

I don't pay no mind to the fact that it's a celeb perfume...All that matters is that it is enough of THE right combo of sweet and sexy to tempt me to wear it more often...

What impresses me most about ICC, is that crème brûlée note...It deliciously melds right into the black vanilla bean and midnight orchid notes so scrumptuously, it oozes with olfactory delectability...The drydown is as addictive as a dish of flan [caramelized custard] -- the wafting scent of the warm sugared sandalwood on my skin is just so deliciously sinful...

The bonus is that ICC has a balsamic quality to it and usually, balsamic means it just may turn on mah skin and smell like an old-fashioned men's cologne...Not this one! It is girly girl, womanly woman from start to finish...Whew!

It is the best dose of nose candy without the looming threat of hairs burning right outta your nostrils, teeth rotting out of your skull or a ride up headache hills...

Mmm...Mmm...!

lizzygee0
lizzygee0

I love this. To me it smells like Prada Candy with out all the spice.

Sophia666
Sophia666

This was a blind buy but since I have always loved Britney fragrances, I took the chance. Well worth it! It brought me back to when I was a little girl, on first spray it smelled exactly like Strawberry Shortcake dolls I had as a child! I always wished they would bottle that smell, I still have some of the dolls and they Still smell delicious!!! Well this is the closest thing to a bottled Strawberry Shortcake doll, it is very pleasant and sweet, a hint of cotton candy but not overpowering like most cotton candy fragrances, it's more of a strawberry-vanilla flavoured cotton candy. A pleasant and sweet, very welcoming smell of strawberry shortcake. Yum!

nellychick31
nellychick31

I love this perfume from Britney Spears. On me, the main scent that comes across is candy and vanilla. When it dries down, the sugary sandalwood, tonka bean, and musk come together perfectly to continue the sweet scent. In Control is a gourmand fragrance, but not in a cheap, immature way. It's one of my go-to scents for going out and will probably always be a part of my collection

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

باتفکر بوئیئن یک بسته انواع آب نبات چوبی بهمراه ترشی و شیرینی یک خانم جوان در این مسیر پر رفت آمد بینی خود را چنان نوازش داده ئید وجذابیت این طمع میوه های خشک شد چنان ذائقه شما را تحریک بخوردن میکند وهمچنین با یک بسته بندی وسوسه انگیز به رنگ شرابی ورگه های قرمز میتواند در فصل تابستان ویا در پائیز زیبا رایحه این شیشه عطر را از فاصله زیادی بوئید .
خانم جوان سرحال و شاد

nordicnymphwitch
nordicnymphwitch

I normally don't refer to any type of perfume being sexy but this is it, I loved it, it was literally one of my most favorites.
Mainly vanilla and orchids, a really yummy sultry smell.
If a scent could smell mysterious, this would be it.
I'll always love this one.

MissxoAlisha
MissxoAlisha

It's like a more sophisticated version of fantasy. Definitely more musky and sultry. But it's still fun which I like. I have always been a huge fan of Britney's fragrances and glad I came across this one. I was really surprised since I was looking online for it and it's going for a very high price tag since its limited edition. This is a good one!

caydesugar

smells like this mochacinno roll cake i had! delish!

Jyllian
Jyllian

I have been wanting this fragrance for a long time..i finally saw it at Marshalls! So i bought it..i have many of Britneys fragrances and to me, this smells exactally like Fantasy..dont get me wrong..i love fantasy, but its like the same perfume in a diffrent bottle. The bottle is beautiful though as are many of Britneys bottles..it may be slightly muskier than Fantasy but to me smells very similar

kismetdaisy

Does anyone know if this smells similar to Avon Imari Seduction? I heard that it does, just wondering if anyone can compare the two?

LifeImitatesArt
LifeImitatesArt

Personally I don't know how Vanilla was the top rated note on this perfume. It was a blind by for me, I was indefinitely drawn in to the idea of owning this fragrance from some of the reviews on it. A Vanilla, and what some have referred to as a cherry vibe perfume. Judging from the notes of Vanilla & crème brûlée I was certainly expecting a creamy Vanilla fragrance with a sweet & fruity underlying layer. Unfortunately, this fragrance emits no Vanilla for me. Perhaps a small bit in the dry down but definitely not enough to be the highest rated note. I regret not reading a few more reviews before buying, as someone stated previously, this is in fact a smoky Vanilla. Smoky Fruit is about all I can pick up on and generally I can dig deep into a fragrance and smell just about everything in it. Not in this case. If you are expecting a rich, warm, creamy Vanilla, move along. If you do want a warm, smoky, fruity fragrance, you'll like this. It's oddly familiar, so if unique is another factor you'd expect, again do not bother. This is a nice fragrance, just not what it was made out to be.

pravda48
pravda48

I get zingy raspberry soda, then a pleasant undertone of musk sneaks in... then it's slightly reminiscent of bugspray after the bugspray has worn into your skin and whatever lotion/perfume you had on before starts to reappear...? Odd. Maybe it's just some synthetic note in it throwing it off for me.

I want to like it for the beginning but, alas, my skin does not seem to like it back.

clancyann
clancyann

Bookishbeauty is dead-on when she says this smells like Laura Biagiotti Venezia. Scrumptious vanilla. Sillage and longevity are abysmal, but I love the fragrance, so I keep it. I have two 100 ml bottles, which is a good thing because you really have to overapply this one. I wish I could pour it into an aerosol can and just press the sprayer and hold it for about 40 seconds. Another gripe I have is with the opacity of the bottle. I can hold it up to the sun and still be unable to see how much is left.

Spok 1
Spok 1

This is such a beautiful unique scent the notes revealed upon the fragrances first spray is that warm subtle vanilla despite it being listed in the heart and also is there throughout the entire scent along with the loquat fruit but that note is not juicy or fresh it's more dark and mysterious then after a couple of minutes you get those sweet notes mixed with the Tonka bean making it even more mature and delicious this scent overall is quite sweet and mature 8/10 and the bottle is very nice and precious 7/10 and the lasting power is good but not the best 6/10

dawn.brooks.391
dawn.brooks.391

Blind bought this ,mostly because of the reviews on here.It's very sweet,and really powdery.I'm still on the fence about whether or not I like it.I don't really like powdery scents,but I do like the sweetness.
The longevity is moderate,about 4 hours on skin,almost eight on clothes.Sillage is also moderate,almost a skin scent,projects very little,just noticeable.
All in all,a nice,sweet powdery vaniila,with just a touch of fruit,a little more musky on the dry down.Fairly safe for office use,though I do think it would work better in the cold weather.

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

It seems seriously watered down to me. But it could just be that my nose has lost sensitivity to vanilla from all the vanilla fragrances I've worn over the years. Control is also a little too sweet, with too much sandalwood for my taste. It does have a good vanilla liquor note that reminds me of Mexican vanilla extract. I don't think I will ever learn that blind buys don't usually work out, because blind buys are so much fun. There can be 3 fragrances at TJMaxx that I know and love, but then I talk myself out of buying them and go for the risky unknown perfume instead.

Mud-Cakes
Mud-Cakes

I was in love with the Britney Spears original Curious perfume. But when I heard about this perfume I was excited and had to try it. So I went to the shops and tested it.
OMG! It was such a memorable moment. It was a sweet mature girls night out scent which I just love!
I recommend it, I wear it every day and get heaps of good comments on the scent.

kismetdaisy

Finally. A blind buy that I'm truly in love with. I won a 3.4oz bottle if this on eBay at a great price and it was worth every penny! A fellow fragrantica user recommended this to me, and I owe finding this wonderful scent from her:). All I get in In Control is a sweet candy and creamy, dark, sexy vanilla.. In the dry down, I detect accords of crem brûlée, powdery musk, and sandalwood. Still keeping the presence of vanilla candy floss. It's foody, it's yummy-but very mature and sexy at the same time. I find the scent and look of this perfume to be almost gothic, or how I'd imagine a woman smelling in an industrial night club. It's an addictive scent, very easy to fall in love with. Obviously very charming and charismatic, just as the woman wearing it:) my bottle was used and didn't come with a sprayer or atomizer-so I made my own atomizer spraying device, and the perfume seems to last a lil longer when sprayed with the atomizer. The perfume is very, very light-the staying power is not good, sillage is close to skin. But today at work, everyone commented how amazing I smelled, ppl demanding to know what I was wearing--so even though I couldn't smell it on myself, other people could. I can live with that. But I think despite the lack of potency with this frag, I'd still repurchase! It's that divine!

Edit: this is now my signature scent! I truly cannot live without it! I spray this all day long just to get whiffs the yummu sugared sandalwood and musk, which I really need to stop doing cause it's discontinued!! This is a sexy scent for night time...truly seductive! But I'm wasting it on lazy, pajama days lol. I have this in the lotion, oil and EDT and the longevity and sillage is excellent now! Ppl have commented how strong it is! Good, cuz I like my perfume to be loud so everyone can smell it!;)

myeaude
myeaude

I dreamt about this fragrance when I was asleep. I wear Purr by Katy Perry at my house (in my dream), and when I get in to my car, This fragrance was in my car, and I forget to spray this fragrance on myself, and after I woke up, I was so dissapointed because, I can't smell the fragrance.

poivrerose
poivrerose

This is a very pretty sweet fruity vanilla. The beginning is definitely dark jammy fruits - something of a black currant/cherry vibe. A dark fruit essence. It bears a resemblance to Amor Amor, but it is decidedly less fruity as it progresses. A little darker and warmer of a vanilla too. I haven't owned a bottle of Amor Amor for over 5 years probably, but this will do nicely as a more vanillary substitute for that genre. This is not a candy pink fizzy fragrance. It has a bit of an edge and isn't totally lacking sophistication. The tonka is really prevalent along with a warm vanilla bean sweetness. Very yummy sweet. Very good for the price. It has great projection and lasts.

caydesugar

Just got a 100ml bottle :) and it was blind buy! It really does smell 'dark', sorta like black vanilla beans. It's deep and sensual but at the same time it's quite soft as I don't find this cloying (if that makes sense). This does not last long on me so I carry around a travel atomiser. It does smell like creme brulee to me.I honestly do not think this is too sweet as it is soft, unlike JS Fancy and Pink Sugar - both which I own as well and really like but they can get very cloying if sprayed too many times. I could spray In Control five times and I would not think it is too much. However, for Fancy and Pink Sugar, I would only spray about 1-2 max!

Kimmy89

Finally have received this perfume again and I love it even more than before!!!! Sexy, sexy and sexy. Sweet, dark and scrummy! The bf loves it!
Does last longer with moisturizer and when layered. Will be my special perfume for special occasions and for evenings. It's discontinued so will not allow myself to waste it even though I have a 100ml. One day there will be none left. :-(
UPDATE: BEWARE- This smells like licorice when you have a cold or a stuffy headache.

sweetsauce
sweetsauce

This was a blind purchase because I loved Curious and also read that it reads similar to Katy Perry's Meow (which I am so-so about). And it was on sale for only $17 so I took the gamble. I'm quite disappointed in it. I don't smell much of anything except for cake-ish cotton candy water and it wears off so fast. Love the packaging though, it's now a dresser decoration since I have no use for it.

ThePerfumeGuy
ThePerfumeGuy

This is obviously nothing like the original Curious but I prefer it.

The way I think of this fragrance is a more mature version of Fantasy, it's darker and edgier. If you were Fantasy during the day then this could be an evening/night version for you. It's nothing like Midnight Fantasy and it's not really a night version of Fantasy but to me it just feels like more of a continuation of Fantasy than Midnight actually is...

It is a very vanilla/creamy scent and it is nice but I wouldn't rush to purchase this, Fantasy is this done better, it's like this was made and they weren't happy with it so designed Fantasy.

Longevity and sillage aren't great (when compared to other Britney fragrances) but they aren't terrible.

Long story short: if you can't find this to purchase you're not missing out on a much, a creamier, lighter and more mature version of Fantasy but if you can find a bottle quite cheaply I would recommend.

Bicha do bafao
Bicha do bafao

I am in love with this perfume is so tasty and creamy, not yet seen the Britney err in their perfumes, this surely is a champion. On my skin it lasts all day and for those who speak that quickly so he is going to play a little bit on your clothing and will have that delicious fragrance all day!

mademoiselle_cicky
mademoiselle_cicky

Does this perfume has been discontinued ? It's really hard to find in everywhere.. Want this so badly

Aina Harryna
Aina Harryna

May I know. This perfume same with Curious scent??

sweetiepea161616

I love this one! It smells like milky dulce de leche/caramel, vanilla, tonka, orchid custard dessert! It's so delicious! Mine didn't come with an atomizer or charm either :( but oh well. The longevity isn't great, but for the price, who cares? It smells soooo good! This and Fantasy are definitely at the top of the Britney Spears perfume pack, IMO (especially if you like gourmands), although Fantasy definitely wins in the longevity/sillage category. There's just nothing like this that I have that I feel comfortable spritzing without restrain. Sometimes I am in the mood for my $170 Bond gourmand, but sometimes I really just want a $20 sweetie that satisfies and doesn't make me feel guilty for using up the bottle! You gotta have the best of both worlds. This is a highly underrated B.S. perfume! A+ for yumminess!

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

In control smells like a mild Tonka Bean-like Tobbaco fume. I had to let this one go.

londonhermit
londonhermit

My take: initial spray is sandalwood and musk, then the candy note comes in hard and fast. The candy note slightly lemony with mixed resin. I don't get the vanilla or tonka at all.

Vampiris
Vampiris

In Control is a nice gourmand scent..vanilla candy, orchid, sandalwood, a hint of burnt sugar and liquorice..quite unique..my fav from BS so far, very girly and soothing..to me, the liquorice note in it is very noticeable..

I received a bottle a few days ago as my birthday gift..a nice surprise.. however, it would be perfect for me if the bottle comes with the atomizer or if the longevity is better

overall it is a great girly scent that smells really good and youthful..a hidden gem from BS line..trust me, you will smell nice if you wear it, no doubt..

BritXOX
BritXOX

I find it very sexy and suitable for a grownup woman at least it brings to my mind a woman in my age(24). I find it very unique, never stumbled upon anything similar actually. Lasting power is good(moderate) and sillage is moderate/heavy.

I think it can be worn with any outfit anytime.

fara.idola
fara.idola

Very excited to try it, I order it from my friend. Maybe last April I get it. LOve Britney SPears perfumes..long lasting!

nightcat23
nightcat23

Just scored a 100ml bottle for $20! My bottle has the regular sprayer not the puff atomiser and I was disappointed that it didn't come with the charm. But overall this is so nice! When you first spray it, it does smell a little synthetic but give it a few minutes and it smells wonderful. I can really smell the crème brulee note! It's quite milky, wet and foody smelling. Luckily there's no harsh "burnt" note.

You can also really tell that there's black vanilla bean in this. It doesn't smell like your regular light vanilla. It does smell dark and smooth. As a previous reviewer said, it does smell a little dark and gothic but in a fun way.
This scent is very smooth and creamy. A really cozy comfort scent. Love it!

Again, I don't understand why this was limited edition and a curious flanker. It smells like it's related more to the Fantasies. It smells like a fantasy spin off.

Or a more appropriate name for it would have been 'Curious: Night'

Kimmy89

Trick to try! Moisturize with a scentless lotion, cream or oil before spraying this! Last at least an hour longer! Better with oil I reckon.
Will love this always!!! A real beauty. The Tonka bean makes this perfume irresistible and sassy.
Wish it wasn't discontinued but will do with eBay for now!

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

Kimmy89, this was actually available in Boots and Superdrug in the UK but stopped being sold very quickly :/

eliasradiance
eliasradiance

I have Meow by Katy Perry solid perfume locket and In control bottle , and they are so similar scents however Meow is more heavier and sweeter than In Control , but in both you can smell the sweet vanilla screaming and shouting and asking the unsolved question ... Is Britney Bitch ?!!

Because I love Britney Spears fragrances and In control had been released before Meow ... I prefer the originality of In Control with a humble respect to his cute cat replica Meow by Katty Spears.

Great for day and night and winter / spring parties.

Majja67
Majja67

Think this is the faintest scent i have ever come across, can almost not detect it at all though i spray 4-5 times on my wrist! The one i have is genuine and new and my smellingsence are ok! Cant see any recemblance between Euphoria and this, sorry!
Pass:(

Kimmy89

When I used to own this I remember somebody asking me if I was wearing Euphoria. This has never been in stores in the UK so they were really confused when I said it was In control by BS. I bought this in St Lucia. I remember being really angry when I'd run out and couldn't find it in stores and NOBODY knew what it was. Thank god for EBay.

jonr951
jonr951

@PhattBass, I grabbed 2 bottles today at TJMaxx! So stoked they randomly had some bottles because I haven't seen In Control in a few yrs now! It is a whole lot lighter than I remember but I guess I'll have to deal. : )

flowerycherry

lovely perfume but the lasting power..... dissapointing..

flowerycherry

love on the first spray.....
its just beautiful, sweet....
just love it on the 1st spray....

Kimmy89

Out of all the Britney perfumes this is by far the best and most luxurious (and the only one that can be taken seriously).
It's one of my favourite perfumes. It's gorgeous!
When I use to own one of these I do remember it being quite weak and not lasting very long. The 30ml really didn't last long at all because of spraying quite a alot of it.
Will definitely purchase this again! A little dark jewel!

lilou
lilou

I love it : such a good surprise. Very curious indeed, and lovely. Sweet, but not too much, just a little bit spicy and woody. Not girly at all. Fruits and candies are very present and I can smell something like sandalwood incense.
It's the first time I purchase a Britney Spears fragrance and I'm very satisfied. I would like to test the other ones now.
Very good lasting power.

nush imogen
nush imogen

I LOVE this! I was worried it was gonna be just sugar but it's a lot more interesting than that, it's vanilla, candy, flowers and fruit all in this awesome irresistible mix! And the bottle is so pretty as well! I like almost all Britney perfumes but this one is so far my absolute favorite, perfect for a nice winter evening by a fire place (if i had one haha) :))

karenrobert
karenrobert

it looks like a UFO but it smells soooooo beautiful. It has depth , uniqueness, sensuality, richness, sweetness, erotic, exotic, hypnotic, earthly, fluidity, and initial airy opening. It is definitely in a class of it own. No sharpness, no headache, no bitterness, no chernobyl atomic blast into my my face. It's just soothing mellow sweet erotic dream in a bottle. I love this scent even more than Britney's Fantasy.

Chickenfluff

Pssst, I really wish the original "Curious" was the limited edition, so we would never run out of this one, since it is so delicious! I don't understand why this perfume has to stand in the shadow of "Curious"; it has absolutely nothing in common with it, except for the name and a similar bottle. The scent is miles apart from it, and - in my humble opinion - a million times better. So sweet and warm, a real pleasure to wear. They should release this again.

OtakuKitteh
OtakuKitteh

At first spray this smells just like Aquolina Pink Sugar. So much so that I was shocked, and rather disappointed, as I already own Pink Sugar. This, however, only lasts a moment and then the fruit note begins to come through. I agree with another reviewer that once this settles into the skin, it smells quite a lot like three milk cake. This becomes very sweet on me very quickly. My skin seems to eat up the fruit note that is in it, and I am left with a "dulce de leche"-like scent. I may be crazy, but there is also something in there that smells faintly of maraschino cherry. I am quite happy with this scent, but if you don't like foody gourmands, steer clear. On a side note, my 3.4 ounce neither came with an atomizer, nor an "In Control" charm; it just had a regular sprayer.

missu1111
missu1111

This is my other Britney favorite besides Midnight Fantasy, this being the #1. I love it how it starts as a fruity sweet scent and then turns into a sweet vanilla. Personally I think it starts off a tad too sweet, but the vanilla is worth the wait. I absolutely love the yumminess of it. Lovely scent, just wish it had better longevity.

I swapped it away because I found it much too light for me, I could almost not smell it at all!
And the bottle is not really nice, I found it a strange bottle.

jessica31876
jessica31876

This perfume is by far one of my favorite and most complimented scents. It is light enough for me to wear anytime/anywhere but smells yummy enough that I do not get tired of it. It is not overwhelming at all. Reminds me of Hypnose or Pink Sugar slightly although a little sweeter then those.

Chickenfluff

Yummy, yummy, yummy! I think that describes this fragrance best. Make sure you don't wear it when trying to lose weight, as it makes you hungry for crème brûlée.

perfumebox
perfumebox

If you don't like vanilla scents that are noticeably fruity, floral, or spicy BUT you don't want a straight vanilla-extract fragrance either, then check out In Control.

This is a rich creamy scent that has low projection, which makes it ok for school and work. The loquat and midnight orchid are all but indiscernible. In Control is a linear vanilla; thick and dark, but not too sugary or heavy. Kinda like expensive crème brûlée. The sandalwood and musk add some depth to the base without detracting from the gourmand aspects of the vanilla.

It's discontinued but you can still find it at online perfume stores for pretty good prices. I wouldn't recommend paying full price simply because it doesn't last very well. I find Katy Perry's Meow a stronger, longer-lasting alternative if you're looking for a celeb-alternative.

celebrity89
celebrity89

The finest of the Britney collection, and strangly, the hardest one to find. Sweet, but not sickly. Rich and expensive smelling.

The drydown is close to Rihanna Reb'l Fleur.

scentchik34
scentchik34

This is probably my favorite britney fragrance although i really love radiance and cosmic radiance too, but right now I'm in a sugary phae. Im obsessed with sugary sweet gourmands like pink sugar and in control curious. Its soo yummy smells like caranel with a vanilla baase to me. I just realized this is a discontinued fragrance. That's so sad!!! I love it so much I'm going to have to buy more online while i can still find it.

DistantSamantha
DistantSamantha

Curious: In Control is a fragrance with a big personality. It wasn't love at first sniff 'cause it took a while to wrap my mind around all the notes, but now (after 3 days) I can't get enough of this!

The scent of crème brûlée is very intensive but not suffocating. You won't feel like a walking dessert, I promise! I've never myself had or even liked another fragrance with so many powerful food notes, but I'm glad I bought this (100 ml for 34 euros, SO worth it).

In Control sits very close to skin, but in this case I consider it only a good thing. Lasting power is amazing! I applied the fragrance about 12 hours ago, but I can still tell it's there.

Definitely a nighttime fragrance, In Control is bold and unique scent. Not for everybody or every scene, different for sure. A great example of a celebrity fragrance that still dares to stand out. A+, tenfold.

amber.citrus
amber.citrus

I love it . it's a unique scent it reminds me of a gothic fairy floss

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

This is a dark carmel scent hense i can see why this was put in a dark bottle...it is a strong scent and will over throw vanilla if you layer it...so its good alone

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Love it!

Holy pink fluff! This is a tamer version of Aquolina Pink Sugar to me. There is a slight tang from the fruit notes that washes out what would be the burnt sugar some dislike with PS. I adore PS, but the burnt sugar in it can overwhelm if you get carried away when applying. There is no worry with that here. There is sweet vanilla cream and spice with a candied fruit topping that tempts you from beginning to end. A sheer layer of musk under all of that makes it very sexy. In Control is somewhat linear, but so very enjoyable. It mellows beautifully in the dry down--lots of tonka--only making you want to get closer to sniff it out some more. Warm, comfy & cozy for fall & winter. Staying power is extreme. A fantastic cold weather gourmand! Good job Britney!

Black Lavender
Black Lavender

I just recently discovered this and OMG. THIS IS WHAT I WANTED FANTASY TO SMELL LIKE, which I HATE. It smells like barf I hate the kiwi note in the top.

But this? Is amazing. A lot of people think it smells like cupcakes/creme brulee, but to me it smells like straight up marshmallows, musk and very subtle exotic fruits. It's very soft. It's a fairly young fragrance too. I'm 20 and I wear it, just not when I want to be taken seriously. I love it! I bought a 1.7 a Kohl's for $20!

This kicks Fantasy's A*%!!!

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

I am a very happy person because this smells exactly like my old standard, Venezia by Laura Biagotti. I only wore the body cream version of Venezia, so I can't speak to whether it smells like the actual parfum, but In Control Curious smells EXACTLY like that cream did on me. The minute I sprayed it, it took me back to college! I haven't had this scent in many years, as Venezia is discontinued and hard to find (though I'd love to try the 2011 release). Looking at the notes, it seems like In Control Curious is close to a stripped-down version of Venezia with fruit, tonka bean, vanilla, sandalwood, and musk--which makes sense that it would smell like the body cream of the fragrance, since the creams are usually simpler. What a treat.

In Control Curious is very light and not long-lasting on my skin, but if I spray my clothes instead I can smell it very well and it lasts longer.

chokovany
chokovany

Mesmerizing fragrance...haunting.
Fantastic !
Hard to find in France.... :(

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Wow I love this fragrance!! Such a nice warm scent! I like that it smells different than the typical candy or vanilla fragrance. I completely forgot about this scent because I haven't seen it in stores since last year but I went on ebay and I bought a 1.0 oz for $16 :) And it was love at first sight...or smell lol.
The lasting power is the only problem with this scent but I'll just layer this scent with an unscented lotion so it will last longer. This is my favorite Britney Spears fragrance to date! It's sad that she discontinued this and not her other gross fragrances like believe or circus fantasy (no offense to anyone who wears those).

EDIT 12/21/2012: If you put this perfume on clothing instead of your skin, this will last FOREVER. I can still smell this on my clothing 6+ hours later.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Smells like musky cupcakes :) I love it. Not too sickly sweet either! 9/10
Seems to last ages on me... maybe 5 hours?
Anyway it's a nice creamy vanilla frag, so cheap too

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I am a big fan of the first Curious perfume and I bought this as it was very cheap.

It's sweet, fruity and musky. It isn't similar to Curious at all, I'd say it's more like Fantasy. I really love this perfume, however, it lasts a maximum of about 1-2 hours before I have to spray it again!

I'd recommend this if you have enjoyed her Fantasy perfumes and want something sweet and light to wear. I think it would be a good autumn fragrance.

sweetiepea161616

Oops she did it again!! Another FABULOUS sweet, gourmand masterpiece!! I am sooo loving this. I FINALLY got a sample after being "curious" (lol) about this scent for months. I am obsessed with gourmand scents, so naturally this appealed to me.

At first whiff I got caramel. Maybe more of a dulce de leche, but definitely a caramelly-type sweetness with almost a milky quality. The vanilla and tonka are there for sure as well. I don't know EXACTLY what orchid smells like, but I have noticed that orchid is also in Jimmy Choo (which I am OBSESSED with) so I'm thinking that I really must love orchid.

This is such a sugary treat! Its soft and sweet and delicious. To be honest, this is everything I expected and more. It's also kind of the type of scent I expected when I tested Fancy and Candy, yet they just didn't deliver the way this one does. I can't wait to buy a full bottle! I am not a fan of the look of the bottle, but the juice is so good that I do not care!

XOXO Britney!!!

stefanie.vieweg
stefanie.vieweg

Unfortionatly my 100ml bottle also came without the charm... :( Don´t know why that is.
To me this is very light and unfortionatly the lasting power isn´t that great. Even when I spray alot of it, I can´t smell it alot. I have to sniff my wrist directly to get a whiff of it. But what I smell then is delicious! To me it smells like chocolate and vanilla, like a fresh hot chocolate with whipped cream! So delicious!!!
If it only would last longer and be a bit stronger, it would be my favourite of all BS fragrances!!!

Heather-1984
Heather-1984

This smells amazing! Way better than the original curious. On me all I really get are the candy, vanilla and tonka bean notes which is fine by me cos I love sweet gourmand perfumes. Unfortunately sillage is almost non-existant and longevity very poor (can't smell it on my wrists after half an hour!)

Lushylori
Lushylori

I've still Never smelled a Britney Perfume I've disliked :)
Just bought this one today and again I'm pleased.
Lots of Vanilla which is great because I love Vanilla :)
Cute Bottle but unfortunately mine didnt come with a charm..Sniff sniff..Owell,I'm sure I'll live lol
I was expecting In Control to smell a bit stronger than it does but to my nose its very light.
Worth the Price and it comes in a pretty sizey bottle.
I love the Black!! :)

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

There`s a strong peppery note in this that makes it very similar to Guess Marciano and Lolita L... I was hoping for more vanilla, but this is mostly pepper and a bit sour sparkling fruits and citrus.

I don`t get the references to CanCan, Fancy or Amber Romance at all. This one is way more "fizzy" than "fuzzy".

Nice enough, absolutely. Sweet and crowd pleasing, and with a cool bottle too. My 100 ml/3.4 oz bottle came without the puffy atomizer thingy, thankfully.

The sillage is almost non existent.

I will not buy another bottle when this is finished though.

virginia.pavez
virginia.pavez

Realmente exquisito! Cuando recién lo aplico lo siento dulce y azucarado, pero pronto cambia a floral y comienza a destacarse la dulce vainilla que le da esa característica apetitosa. Creo que es acecuado para el uso diario, se adapta a mujeres de un amplio rango de edad. Sin embargo, aplicado de noche se luce en un ambiente informal. En mi piel su fijación es regular, pero claramente lo recomiendo y lo volvería a comprar.

Really delicious! When I first applied it I feel very sweet, but soon switched to flower and begin to stand the vanilla that gives this feature appetizing. I think it's acecuado for everyday use, fits women from a wide age range. However, applied at night in a casual look. Fixation on my skin is fair, but clearly recommend it and buy it again.

Malibu

The soft floral notes seem creamier then I would have thought, as while they're sweet and powdery, there is also a milky accord.

I can't separate the notes individually, as my senses are quickly enveloped in the crème brûlée, vanilla, musk and creamy sandalwood notes warm the fragrance up.

Because it is a lighter fragrance and the base notes are the strongest, IN CONTROL blurs the top and heart notes together into one one long, base note on me.

IN CONTROL is a flanker to CURIOUS, but I can't pick up on any similarities between the two fragrances. It's limited edition which is a shame, as I much prefer this to the original. Having said that, I notice that it is still in some stores; have they re-released it because of it's popularity?

If you like oriental/vanilla fragrances, you'll really enjoy IN CONTROL. I'd recommend this for autumn/fall as it's so warming and comforting.

Leonamarie001
Leonamarie001

This is one of my favorite fragrances and my fiancee loves it on me. I bought this really cheap on eBay and also i saw a few people saying they cannot find this scent anymore, if you are interested in buying it for really cheap, go to scentedmonkey.com or look on eBay. ScentedMonkey has this 3.4oz for $23.00 so you cannot beat that! Anyway, I tested this scent in my local kohls store and loved it. A year later or so i went to go buy it on eBay and hesistated cus i could not remember what it smelled like 100% but went along and bought it anyway and i am very glad i did! It last a pretty long time and smells amazing! It's one of my favorite perfumes now! I highly recommend this to every woman!

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

Control Curious is a fragrance that can become addictive in a good way. When I wear it, I am surrounded in a cloud of creme brulee; absolutely wonderful. And when I wear, the compliments abound.

plareen
plareen

I remember using this years ago, I was in love with it. It has a unique smell, beautiful,classy and different.

sugahuni
sugahuni

Aboulutely amazing,love this despite the weak lasting power. Smells great :-).

taniatex
taniatex

Muito forte,enjoativo...tem cheiro de bolo.Com o tempo me deu dor de cabeça,até queria vender o meu!

tygrrrlily505
tygrrrlily505

I blindly ordered this. I was a bit disappointed. This is definitely a really unique scent, but it did not work for me. It's lasting power wasn't that great. I was a bit cheap smelling. Overall it had some good qualities, but also some bad ones.

Aspendina
Aspendina

immediately in the first spray i u get a blast of sweetness, which was lovely, almost immediately after that u get a super strong awful scent where I can't really say what I am smelling just....maybe almost like incense (which I hate) then after awhile that incensy smell will calm down a little but hang around in the background while the sweetness comes back out, like a vanilla incense maybe. I do not love this, but its ok.

Edit:
Sprayed this all over me the other night and fell hard in love with this, its amazing.

CUPCAKEDOLL

So original, smells like malted milk, so yummy!! Is one of the most nice scents I´ve ever test, I like it.

In my opinion, however, Believe is still the number one of the Britney´s fragrances =)

muncierobson
muncierobson

The initial top notes of sharp fruity vibes quickly fade into a delicious warm cake/vanilla/creme brûlée aroma. I find if I spray this with the original curious 3:1 c:cic I get the BEST compliments! And yes, I'm a guy!

Jasmindee
Jasmindee

I've got into the habbit of buying one perfume every other month or so as a little treat for myself, and this month I relaly wanted In control curious. Can I just say the packaging for this is goreous! Perfect for my 18 year old self! It's hot pink leopard print with a chic black design. The bottle matches my black/grey/pink room beautifully. On me, the perfume opens with a sharp note,I think it might be the tonka bean, it's not disgusting but it is sharp. It fades after a fewminutes and then the vanilla and creamy scent fills in and it's beautiful! It is quite a light perfume, but it's divine! To me it smells like Jessica Simpson's Fancy, but without that horrible rotting fruit note, which is perfect! Just a warm and fresh vanila goodness smell! I love it!

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

Curious in Control really stands out out of all BS perfumes. It´s still very sweet, but thankfully to that tonka bean note, doesn´t smell very sugary and it´s not that suffocating like a Fantasy perfume. It´s very creamy and smells almost edible! You still have to like sweet scent if you want to like this one.

Curious in control is very versatile, you can wear it to school, on a date..everywhere. It is sweet, but despite of that fact, it´s still very light on me.

In comparison with the original Curious, which I consider as a huge disappointment, this is a lot better. What a pitty that this is just a limited edition!!

The lasting power is not incredible, lasts about 3 hours on me, but I still really recommend this one when u like sweet perfumes and Fantasy is just too much for you.

JL_Vixen
JL_Vixen

Finally! In Control is redemption for the failure of Curious. I was really impressed by this perfume and it always smells good--every time I spray it it smells great. I've had this bottle now for just over a year and it still smells as good as the day I bought it. Totally would recommend to a friend. The notes that are the most strong to me are the orchid, the fruity notes, and the vanilla. At first the fruity notes dominate everything else but aftre the scent has a moment to soften up on my skin the vanilla and orchid really stand out.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

This smells exactly like Amber Romance by Victoria's Secret! I could not tell you the difference! I'm surprised nobody else noticed, maybe they don't have Amber Romance. This perfume to me is extremely sweet, a lot of vanilla & a little powdery, balmy. It smells like doughnuts. Some people say it kind of smells like the original 'Fantasy' perfume, but I completely disagree, this is much more sweeter, sugary, vanilla, amber & 'Fantasy' is more woodsy, musky & a little sweet (the right amount). I would consider this a nighttime fragrance for the fall or winter because its so sweet that it can give you a headache if you wear it in the morning. The lasting & projection power of this perfume is unfortunately terrible.

vinisantosrs
vinisantosrs

For me, it's the "Fantasy light", sweet, musky and a little floral on the base middle notes. Staying power very good on my skin, 8 hours, projection ok. I think it's better for winter season cuz I wore it today and it's summer and I'm with headache because of the strong vanilla.

mil1991

it does smell sweet..almost identical to paris hilton can can but 5 times more softer than can can,within 1 hour the scent is completely gone..for me britney spears fantasy is da bez of britney fragrances

nikki1234
nikki1234

YUCK! is all i can say about this. i cant even describe it. the blend of the fruity and sweet notes together make it far too sweet for my liking and i usualy like sweet perfumes but this is disgusting (in my opinion, i know people who love it)

i Think i will still to my origional curious, its much nicer and fresher.
not for me at all

FairyDaisy120
FairyDaisy120

This perfume smells like strong candy, I had this perfume when I was a teenager I use to love it. Now I'm not really into very sweet fragrances.

BUDDYCASSIE
BUDDYCASSIE

Only purchased this bottle recently and i must say i LOVE it! Very sweet but not sickly to me. Smells like candy! Loved the bottle. Its one of my new favourites :)

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have a vegan imitation of this ( with synthetic musk) and I really love it.

It is sweet woods mostly on my skin.I have real tonka beans in a little tiny plastic bag in my perfume drawer. I love the scent of those tender beans,and let me tell you...this perfume is a gorgeous replica of that very luscious tonka smell!

The woods blending in sweet harmony with the creamy vanilla,and the teasing tonka beans,makes this smell hypnotic to me! I get small swirls of fruits,like dried and powdered plums and dates resting in a bowl next to me.

There is a drydown of nectar,this is the best way I can describe it. Warm nectar,and creamy vanilla woods. Divine.

rebecca6
rebecca6

This perfume is SOOO YUMMY!! It's sweet and perfect. I really love it. i have a 100 ml bottle without atomizer.

clairedot
clairedot

i just got this for christmas and it smells like really strong alcohol for the first few mins? anyone else like this???

justicecrow88
justicecrow88

the orchid hits hard right out of the gate and choked me for the 1st 10 minutes,then came a bit more tame sweet powder,finally a sweet well rounded vanilla.this one has great staying power as my skin type seems to reduce staying time of most sweet scents.this one hung in there for about 4 hours strong then faded to a gentle whisper for the next 4.overall i give it 5 1/2 out of 10.i would score better if not for the strong orchid at the top.p.s.i didn't get fruit at all.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

The top notes are very harsh and smells almost burnt but the dry down is great, vanilla goodness.

vera wang princess
vera wang princess

I realy love parfum that smell like vanilla

perfumeloverforever

@ Mil1991 your going to love this one it's gorgeous, lasting power isn't the best though! But the scent is wonderful!

mil1991

i already order this fragrances online on ebay.i really hope it smells like creamy sweet vanilla scent

ScentOCD
ScentOCD

I think this would fall more into Oriental Vanilla category than Oriental Floral, but that's just me. It's not overly flowery. It's not fruity. It has a nice vanilla smell. It's comforting, not too warm. Nice scent all around. It's my sig scent or so I say as I'm looking for a new one. As far as sillage and longevity it could be better. Every now and then I get a hint of what I think is tobacco. I'm new to trying to distinguish notes and could be way off base though. For the price, pleasing scent... :)

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

did not like it. I did not get sweet so much as something really strong and spicy... almost like sniffing black pepper. It was not a fun experience.

SS79
SS79

I really like this scent. The only thing is I wish I didn't have to drench myself in it .. and then again 30mins later! ... I just don't smell it. But I guess for 19.99 for a 100ml.. its not that bad.

SBunny
SBunny

I love this. It's a soft and pretty oriental vanilia fragrance. It opens with some fruity notes which quickly transforms into a creamy cake smell when the creme brulee kicks in. The florals tames the sweeter notes down so it never becomes syrupy sweet, more soft and creamy sweet.

After reading reviews, I was surprised to find that this lasted 3 hours on me, however, it is very light. The fragrance is perfect for autumn/ winter has it has a warm aura about it. I do wish though, that it was a bit stronger.

larita91
larita91

One of my favourites. Warm, sweet and sexy. I keep sniffing myself anytime I'm wearing this. So far, it's the best parfume I've ever smelled (but i'm waiting for jessica simpson's fancy :) ). It has nothing to do with Curious. Sweet vanilla, tonka bean, caramel and a little bit of florals - i guess it is the orchid i smell.

I would say it is a tipical fall-winter fragrance because of it's sweetness, but I think it's more than that. "Warm and fresh" - the perfect definition of In Control - an almost perfect parfume.

Beautiful Playwright
Beautiful Playwright

I live in Calgary, Canada & purchased In Control from Shoppers Drug Mart, it was only about $18 for 100ml of EDP. This perfume could have been gorgeous, but it contained almost no scent whatsoever. Before my boyfriend came to visit I put on A LOT of it: about 15 sprays on my neck, 15 on my left arm & 15 on my right arm. I DID NOT SMELL HARDLY ANYTHING, nor did he. It was depressing! When I brought it back to the store she compared it to another bottle, it also had absolutely no scent. How mad is that? Perhaps it was a bad batch, I don't know. I also thought the bottle & box were pretty ugly. I'm glad to be rid of it & got Curious as a replacement (which I find to be pretty boring).

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

Hmmm....Not exactly what I was hoping to get from this perfume. Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy are way better than this,especially the blend of the ingredients (they really worked those out) and the lasting power. The bottle looks very cheap in reality...Anyway,in the end you get kind of "Fantasy" dry down but less interesting. It's ok but I won't buy another bottle again!

P.S. I guess that was my last celebrity perfume purchase...I honestly think that the quality of a Chanel/Dior/Givenchy etc. perfume worth the price and the effort!

*** Sorry if I offended anyone here!!! Just my oppinion! ***

sanchari
sanchari

I am a big fan of vanilla perfumes and i absolutely adore this. I keep sniffing my wrists wevery 5 seconds after i apply it. Having said that, what i dont like about the perfume is its lasting power. Others can smell it for about 30 minutes but if i keep bringing my wrists to my nose to sniff it, i can smell it for 3-4 hours.
Its a shame though, such a lovely perfume but no lasting power :(

xtinka2007
xtinka2007

Help...How you know when the bottle of in control curious become empty? because i can't see the water thru the glass. is that normal?

hnyc
hnyc

i bought this unsniffed off of amazon because i read it was similar to my long lost escada collection. the initial spray is very similar! the dry down a bit different but in the same realm. sweet with tonka, yummy. i just ordered a bottle of collection off of ebay so next week i'll be able to compare the two, wrist to wrist and i'll update my review!

Update: Side by side this is not so similar to my beloved Collection. It smells fake next to it. The similarities are also just on the initial spray, the dry down of In control is so different and smells like plastic and powder when compared to collection. I have found that spraying on clothes actually helps maintain that initial spray scent.

takeasniff

I just got this today. I used to have a little mini from Britneys hits set but I dont know what happened to it. So, I thought I will get this again as I like gourmand perfumes but not too sweet or prickly. I find that Jessica Simpson's Fancy and Fantasy by Brit are too prickly for me. They are like amber and vanilla knives going up my nose. This one is really pretty. It kind of wafts around you sweet but not too sweet. There is a depth to it that suits the black and pink bottle. This to me is what I wanted Escada Magnetism to be. Escada was too much for me I only wear the lotion because it is so strong. However, I am confused as to what edition of Curious In Control I have. I don not have the automizer pump thing I only have a black and pink bottle with the little In control pink plark around it. What happened to the automizer pump it looks so pretty on the dresser. Now I just have a plain bottle. I got the edp so maybe the edt has it? If anyone could tell me I would be grateful.

QUEENIE0001
QUEENIE0001

smells good except I feel like I need to reapply every 15 minutes. please tell me that is NOT NORMAL...just discontinue the item and don't rip people off...

Hollyberri
Hollyberri

Vanilla cupcakes, sweet but not too sweet a warm and cozy scent. It was a gift and I never wore it out, but sprayed on a few times before going to bed. Sad to say I quickly grew tired of it and it sits unused in my closet.

avrilfan422
avrilfan422

Personally I don't like this perfume. It smells too much like lollies or something and isn't really a perfume it's more a girl's deodarent.

9154mf
9154mf

On me this scent is pure creamy cakey caramel vanilla, nothing more nothing less. I don't get any fruits or anything else. Having said that, I absolutely LOVE it. I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I have many vanilla scents but this has a shot of soft dreamy caramel in there which takes this to another level for me. Normally caramel or creme brulee notes smell somewhat burnt but not here. Foe me this is perfection.

takeasniff

This is a really nice perfume much better than fantasy. If you could get the lotion to go with it then it lasts all day. If not then the spray only lasts 30-60 minutes then it stays close to the skin in other words no one can smell it but you and even that's a maybe. I will only get this when the lotion is in the set otherwise I will not bother. I have the other curious and I wear that with the lotion and it lasts. without the lotion it doesn't. Smells a little of caramel and creme not as sugary as fantasy and no plums or berries like midnight fantasy and no magnolia like the original curious. It isn't citrusy or fresh definitely a gourmand smell.

The scent is not at all what I expect. This one smells like a vanilla cupcake! It's quite gourmand but not super sweet. It does not smell artificial either. It's a bit creamy and not TOO heavy. Floral accord is subtle and fruity note is hardly there. At the end, it just becomes plain musky. It's a bit young and a bit sexy. It can be plain but easy to wear.

Marimer
Marimer

Fruity creme brulèe scent, reminds me a lot of VS Amber Romance . Inexistent lasting power on me, at least 30 minutes or less.

Whit
Whit

Yummy and sexy! Too bad it's kinda hard to find. :(

mirisaba
mirisaba

Finally got my first Britney Spears perfume!
Bought this blind after reading the good reviews in this forum.

This fragrance smells wonderfully and captivating. I especially like the sweet notes in it. They aren`t overpowering but delicious- delightfully accompanied by the floral and musky notes.This is sexy- subtle sexy, there is some naivety in it but don`t underestimate this juice...

For me this fragrance has that "je ne sais quoi". like it a lot.

perfumeloverforever

I love this perfume but does anyone else have serious trouble with the lasting power??? i'm talking about the fact that it only lasts about 30 mins on me! I think I have a watered down bottle :(

Tye kristoher

I'm also afraid to use it because I never know If they will stop selling it or not... they are losing sales because I do love this and do buy it

Tye kristoher

God I LOVE this fragrance! It smells too good to be limited addition thats why you can still buy this! If I had to choose between this or original I would pick in control because it is just down right sexy! I would wear this on a date!

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

I use to like this perfume before but now i don't really like it it smells like burnt caramel to me.

zuiahiah99
zuiahiah99

I just received this from Amazon and I must say that this is the best Britney perfume!! Its sweet but no as heavy as fantasy or fantasy midnight.

Tye kristoher

This isnt limited edition, we stil sell it a kohls, We sell ALL of britney's perfumes! I LOVE this perfume! It smells so creamy and oh so dreamy! It is light and sweet. Kinda like fantasy but not as powerful. I cant say a bad thing about this perfume. Out of all of brits fragrances Hidden fantasy was my least favorite too spicy for my taste. But this one last a good while. All of her fragrances last a long time!

ticalica
ticalica

I appreciate this and would like to see it with the rest of perfumes. It is the only Britney Spears fragrance I admire due to its appealing cough syrup quality.

I can't find it anywhere locally :(

Nadeen
Nadeen

Just got this today, after waiting a year, happy easter to me =) Smells almost like Midnight Fantasy but a little more nite time!! It's just beautiful!

Emma x
Emma x

On my friend Abby xoxo (below)it smells very differnt on her as it does on me. On her its very spicy, but on me its really sweet, its nice, like a happy jumble of sweet flowers all mixed toegther, i cant pick up any particualr note other than the vanilla which keeps the perfume soft. Overall a nice perfume :) x

Abby xoxo
Abby xoxo

Wow just bought this today it was like the last one in the shop as well so I got quiet lucky actually :D I had one spray of it when i got it home and its gorgious, it actually leaves a really spicy scent on my skin but its a nice kind of spice. I also love the pink box that it comes in too :D I love Britneys fragrences just as much as I love her music at the moment LoL ;) xoxo

anraneiro82
anraneiro82

awesome, sexy perfume. i usually like britney spears' perfumes (can't say the same about her music) but she knows how to make a good perfume. I don't own this,but probably should. Great for night and wintertime.

Mr. Nose
Mr. Nose

I'm considering to buy this one for my girl.

Although we haven't experimented it yet - but surely love Curious and Fantasy from Spears - I think In Control could be great. It sounds like a sexier and warmer Curious.

Help me out, ladies and gentleman: is In Control a sexy and sweet one?

jmbg0380
jmbg0380

i really waant this one to finish my britney spears collection but i cant find it anywhere in hawaii!!!! i told myself to wait till i get to the mainland but thats in july and i want it now. if i cant find it on the mainland in vegas or california then i guess i gotta order it online.

Wynter
Wynter

Yup, this has been re-released! Picked up the 100mL today at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada for $20. I was so excited to try this one because of all the good reviews, but I'm kind of disappointed. The scent itself is lovely (like creamy vanilla extract with orchid notes), but it's sooo weak and lasts less than an hour. They watered this beautiful perfume down way too much. I'm not sure if it was originally so light or if they changed the formula since re-releasing it. I guess it's good that they released the larger size for so cheap then - You can douse yourself in it and reapply liberally without guilt.

The bottle and box are adorable, and they'll look very cute on display. The good news is that they removed the annoying atomizer from the 100mL bottle so it's now just a regular pump. The bad news is that they also removed the little "In Control" plaque from the bottle so it's much plainer looking now.

sadie2006plo
sadie2006plo

i got this perfume at herbergers when it was new, and was glad I did, it was amazing.. really turned guys on...lol! very well.. Loved this perfume more than any other britney perfume, and even with her new ones, I still like this one...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Haven't I seen this before?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's a flanker to CURIOUS, but I can't pick up on any similarities between the two fragrances. It's limited edition which is a shame, as I much prefer this to the original.

Having said that, I notice that it is still in a lot of stores; have they made it permanent due to popularity?)

- - - - - - - - - -
The Fragrance
- - - - - - - - - -

It's much lighter then CURIOUS, yet I can still pick up on the fragrance after a day at the office. As you can guess, it is a sweet fragrance, but it's not sickly.

The soft floral notes seem creamer as they're enveloped in the crème brûlée & the vanilla & musk notes warm the fragrance up.

IN CONTROL blurs the top, heart & base notes into one on me.

- - - - - - - -
My opinion
- - - - - - - -

If you like oriental/vanilla fragrances, you'll really enjoy IN CONTROL.

I'd recommend this for autumn/fall as it's so warming & comforting.

Next time I see this in any shops I'll be stocking up on it.

ecorundas
ecorundas

loveee this! to all of you in control fans, go to your nearest shoppers drugmart (if you live in canada). they have the 100ml bottles for $19.99. i just got a bottle today!

krissycat
krissycat

I love this! I wanted so badly to find a perfume that smelled like melting marshmellows, to me this is it, way more so then M by Mariah Carey, I like this SOOO much better. Scent is deep, sexy and very marshmellowy, cupcakey type fragrance. This is going to be one of my new favorites

geekweevil
geekweevil

There's nothing like a good sweet scent - and this is NOTHING like a good sweet scent!

I had to wash this off within an hour as i feared that a plauge of ants would attack me, thinking I was made of sticky sugar. I could hear their little marching feet, coming towards me. It was horrifying how the waves of sugar radiated out from one teeny little spray of this!

One of my favorite scents is the original body shop vanilla - sweet without being cloying, cakey without being sickening. I thought i'd give this a go based on reviews here, but it kind of backfired!

This was my first attempt at deliberatly trying a 'youth market' perfume. I tend to gravitate towards powerhouse 80s scents, or early C20th scents, so I find the lolly water candy stuff of the early C21 bemusing.

coconoir
coconoir

Great scent for the gourmand lover! It is fruity with a vanilla drydown that is divine!

We sell it at Perfumania, but I am afraid that it has been sitting on the shelf too long.

What websites do you guys purchase your scents?

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

This is such a beautiful scent, so unique, sweet but not as Fantasy, so sexy, so especial, the lasting power is great...

iLoVeTHe80s87
iLoVeTHe80s87

First off: If you can't find this in stores, there are several online perfume sites that carry this scent, and their costs are cheaper than it you'd get it at a store. That is how I purchase my bottles os In Control Curious.

This is my favorite perfume EVER! The box it was in first got my attention, as my favorite colors are pink and black. I had smelled Curious before, and wasn't too much of a fan. It smelled too sophisticated. So I gave In Control Curious a shot. I can't remember whether or not I smelled it first or just went ahead and bought it, but let me tell you... it doesn't matter because I did NOT regret my purchase! It's just sweet enough to smell girly, but it's not annoyingly sweet like Fantasy can be. It's also got a dark, sexy side to it which is my favorite part. When I wear it I get compliments. One downside is that it doesn't last as long as some other perfumes... sad :( I wish it came in a rollerball or something so I could touch it up when needed. I love buying perfumes (kind of a guilty pleasure) and I have alot of fragrances (mostly Britney's!). But I'd definitely have to say that In Control Curious is my FAVORITE one!

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is yummy! Like a cupcake.....delicious!

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

I really want this badly, so sad i can't find it anywhere... Why should they discontinued this perfume? So sad............ :(

shinewin
shinewin

Midnight fantasy, fantasy, and In control were the only fragrances I liked from Brittney. I probably would choose In control over Fantasy as Fantasy is a bit too sweet for me. In Control is sweet with a soft creamy vanilla scent. I find it strong when you first spray it but as it dried down, the only thing I can smell is the sandal woods.

dial800whocares
dial800whocares

For the life of me I will never understand why companies choose to discontinue scents that people adore so much. Such is the case with In control curious.

In control curious seriously reminds me of the circus. That smell that wafts thru the air and makes you want to run to the nearest concession stand so you can gobble up whatever smells so delicious. This perfume smells just like caramel popcorn...but better.

This is a super gourmand, yummy, edible, delectible, but not overpowering perfume. I think it would be great if you want to curl up on a cold winters night, spray some of this on, get into the softest most comfy pj's and curl up with a great movie, book, or yup your lover!

This is not a sophisticated scent by any means, but I defy anyone who enjoys gourmands to not enjoy this one!!

Thumbs up to britney and elizabeth arden for another awesome fragrance!

jessigirl
jessigirl

my absolute favorite perfume! creamy, light, sensual! ZOMG I really wish it wasnt limited, but luckily i found it in 50ml and 100 ml!

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

On my skin, it opens with a burst of fruity notes: I believe it is supposed to be loquat fruit. To be honest, I don’t know how that’s supposed to smell like but for some odd reason, to me it smelled a mixture of juicy pear and apple. At this phase, the fruity notes are fleshed out with vanilla that has a “dark” quality. So it’s fruity but not “pick-off-the-tree-and-bite-down-on-it” kind of way. It makes me feel like I’ve just tasted a velvety pie with an extremely moist, fleshy, and fruity middle (minus the cinnamon in most pies.)

About 15 minutes later, the fruity beginning lightened, giving way to mild orchid sweetened with that beautiful dark vanilla.

The dry down had a woody but gourmand quality to it: Fresh fruits are totally gone at this point... A hint of the orchid combined with vanilla and crème brulèe. But note that the vanilla still leads in this phase as well.

It is a fairly complex perfume that goes through fruity/floral/woody stages, all accented by a sweet, dark vanilla that never gets cloying, but is invariably present.

Too bad this is a limited edition. Good job Claude Dir!

I think it smells like cotton candy . I got that vibe from fantasy but I like this one way more it does not smell kidish and too strong. Its awsome.

guest_skinny
guest_skinny

este perfume me encanta lo oli u dia q sali con mis amigas a la perfumeria apenas lo oli lo queria comprar pero por lastima costaba mucho para comprarlo asi q mi papá me compro una copia no olia como el yo queria pero me conformo.

su aroma es cautivador no me puedo alejar de el.

ajbww
ajbww

I just got this today :) i brought it because i it was limited edition and i wanted to try it before my shop stopted selling it and was worried that i wouldnt be able to find it again
but i really like it it smells creamy and fresh to me quite strong but im really happy that i got it!! i love midnight fantacy aswell i like most but this smells really really good :)

nova6
nova6

sickly sweet on me and no lasting power whats so ever....no depth to it at all..gave it to my grandaughter..

La Moon
La Moon

My ohh my ! I just can't stop being so happy I gave in control a shot! I bought it unsniffed! I got lucky. It smells so warm and sweet like musky vanilla caramel cake. Not overly sweet though. I get so many compliments. And I love the bottle. Love the sound the pump makes.. Makes me feel extra sexy while applying it. I spray it a bit heavily (not an insane amount) since it's lastin power is a bit weak but when u get a good amount it lasts all day!! Plus add a light smelling vanilla lotion such as avon. Heeeaaavvveennn!!

oj10065882
oj10065882

I like this,this smells like dessert but very warm,seems like it just got out of the oven.Well,the lasting power is very poor on me.I woul use this for winter and spray some on my clothes.To me this is more likely a vanilla gourmand than an oriental floral,well,I don't see anything floral about it.

sofiii
sofiii

In Control Curious is more like a sister of Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy.

It starts with a burst of lovely summery fruit salad note with some kinda discreet pineapple+peach smell, which is really bubbly and girly, makes me think of pink perfumes launched in these years.

Soon the Britney style sweet orchid scent comes to play and gives the scent more sensual depth. It reminds me a lot of Fantasy, but less sweet, less intense; and personally I like this sweet version more-it doesn’t have the wild Fantasy-like attention-grabbing sweet, but it has the comfortable and simpler approach to the edibleness.

The dry-down is sweet, cosy and has all the goodness you can get from Fantasy plus more subtle creamy vanilla.

If you love Britney's Fantasy series, give this one a try.

Liina
Liina

In Control Curious is the perfect perfume for a cold weather, especially winter time. I think the sweetness and warmth of this scent makes a good contrast with fresh and cold snow. But it's not just sweet like Fantasy or Midnight Fantasy but it has this mature sexiness.

The notes aren't accurate here but the top note is loquat fruit. I have never eaten or smelled it but I know it's sweeter than orange. The middle notes I love the most. There's creme brulee with black vanilla bean and midnight orchid and also tonka crystals.
I love the creme brulee note. I think this is what makes this fragrance smell a bit caramel-like. Together with vanilla and orchid it makes In Control the warmest perfume ever and this picture comes to my mind: sitting in front of a fireplace when it's cold and snowy winter outside.

I first bought this perfume unsniffed and I feel that I like it more and more with every year. On the contrary I feel like I'm growing out of Midnight Fantasy which used to be my favourite from the very first moments.

I don't know if it's a downside or not but it's not overpowering at all (on the contrary to the Midnight Fantasy again). If I wanted people to perceive my perfume I would wear something else. This is for modest or intimate moments.

Babiyieangel
Babiyieangel

I love in control, I have been wearing it for about 4 years now, when I first started buying it I was buying it pretty much anywhere in a gift set with 3 others, now I have to buy it online. Why can't this perfume be found in stores anymore?? My husband bought the gift set online, xmas 09, it came with lip gloss, lotion and a jewelry box, along with the perfume, that's great and all but I wish I could find it at the store. I have been thinking about stocking up. I have actually every perfume she has except cirus at the moment. I really hope this perfume is forever and eventually back in stores =(

falovalo
falovalo

This was sort of like Fantasy in a different bottle. It was sweet and reminiscent of caramel topped cake! It's not bad, but it's getting a bit cliched. The sweetness is almost overbearing, you could easily get a sugar buzz just by wearing it!

nichick390
nichick390

Ihate this one too loud and it's more for soone who likes bondage ! Yuck too violent for my taste. beatings and handcuffs ssuck candles and roses are way better.

alexanna7
alexanna7

in control is a verry nice fragrance! I love the blend of :orchid,exotic fruits and vanilla! Well blended and verry sexy! Love it!

guest_tamzii
guest_tamzii

omg i have no idea what to write about this one i used it all in one week non stop spraying ii love this perfume so much

I bought this one out of curiosity. Not easy to find where I live, but I did. I like it well enough, not my favorite. It is sweet, and though I like it, it reminds me very little of the original curious. I wear it often enough, but there are some days where I just can't handle this particular type of sweetness. Also, maybe it's just me, but to me it smells extremely similar to Paris Hilton's Can Can. (which, I also own.) Anyone else think that?

CUPCAKEDOLL

This fragrance is so original, sexy and sweet. Perfect for night and special moments.

The new fragrance of Boss (Orange Intense), reminds me of In Control.

I like this, but I think is too strong for me. The lasting power is good, but the other Britney´s fragrances are more long lasting.

I recomend this if you like sweet and original scents. I don´t like the bottle so much, but I don´t care for this.

guest_Lisa

okay glad to hear its not a limited edition...i heard it was supposed to be, but maybe it sold well and is a permanent now. whatever the case may be i'm just glad i can get it anytime. its so sweet and dessert like i love it!

guest_Lisa

I have this perfume, and it's my favorite perfume ever. I bought the largest size bottle of it, but I have one question? Is it really a limited edition? Because I see this fragrance everywhere. Its my favorite, am I going to need to stock up if its a limited edition? I don't want to one day find out I can purchase it anymore! :(

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Got curious.hidden.fantasy.want this one too.orchid vanilla.always got a special note that none have on the market.love it.

rin XD
rin XD

i actually brought this perfume by mistake, i asked for britney spears fantasy, but instead she gave me incontrol curious... i liked it, even though its not long lasting, but it's one of a kind.

KellyBellyz
KellyBellyz

Bought this unsniffed and was curious to finally try it today due to the good reviews here.........and yes it's true, it smelled so much like my beloved BBW Sensual Amber :/ well i guess at least i already have the SA lotion to make this frag last longer cause lasting power is weak!

kiselina
kiselina

Sweet, smells like Crème caramel with tons of sugar. Imho, this is not an oriental floral, but a typical gourmand fragrance.

Anahi
Anahi

I love this, absolutely fabulosos!!

So sweet, so sensual, ugh i need to get myself a bottle real soon..

bebe08
bebe08

i loved this perfume! so sexy and unique smelling. it makes me want to curl up with a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day. very sweet smelling and it lasted all day. love the black and pink bottle

allexa27
allexa27

sweet sweet sweeeeet.If u are on a diet and u wanna eat something sweetbut u must not,spray this on u and u will get over the hunger for sweet things.This is the sweetest perfume i have evr smelled....I dont like it .I dont like gourmands

c3c
c3c

I love this scent. It makes me think of rich juicy red berries with lots of sugar & a tiny hint of caramel. Almost too sweet, but not crossing the line entirely. With all the foody qualities you don't feel like your wearing jam or someone's desert. This is definitely a perfume, and anyone can wear it. I've run into people wearing it in their early twenties and in their late thirties. So fear not with the old "age" thing!

Definitely comforting, as mentioned by others. It's also sensual, soft, and feminine. The staying power is good, better on clothing. The notes stay the same on me from opening to dry down. Linear but lovely.
Absolutely worth checking out if you love berries and sweet things.

Britney_Spears_ Perfumes

I love this scent! it smells like caramel just melting on your skin.
it is so warm and cozy, I will even put this on when im sick. It is a comforting smell to me. and I put this on before bed on many nights, it is so relaxing! and the Black bottle is gorgeous!

Britney_Spears_ Perfumes

I finally got my hands on this and it was so worth the wait! OMG! IN CONTROL is the best smell in the world! I just love it! well I love all of Britney's Perfumes but this one is AWESOME! It makes me sad this was a limited edition and is now discontuned. I think it's even better than Curious!

Britney_Spears_ Perfumes

I love this! it is so warm and cozy, I will even put this on when im sick. It is a comforting smell to me.

gucci
gucci

this fragrance is sweet i dont get headaches with it but it'a a bit too sweet it almost smells like fantasy but a bit to creamy

susieqrj
susieqrj

I like it, but must be carefully used or can become nauseaus (it´s too sweet).
But, if used right is very good.
The bottle is cute, but I don´t like to use the atomizer (I just attach it when I´m applying - fortunately it can be removed to store).

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This smells like some kind of desert,very sweet but can make you sick in the end.I think its best just for smelling it not wearing it..

I have quite often stated that this fragrance is the one scent that I do not like from Britney's fragrance line, however since trying it again, my opinions have somewhat changed.

Although I will not be adding In Control: Curious to my existing Britney collection, I do appreciate this scent.

The fragrance opens with a rich, slightly sweet, cake-like scent. It reminds me of those exquisite Italian cakes that you buy fresh from the bakery, with the cream oozing from the middle and the aroma of the chocolatey goodness and the strong liquer filling the room.

Seconds later you are met with a fruity punch, almost like a bowl of fruit salad. The fruits are there throughout the drydown with subtle hints of vanilla and caramel every now and then.

This fragrance isn't soft and light like Curious, and definitely not as sweet as Fantasy. It's somewhere in between.

It's a somewhat mysterious fragrance, however I wouldn't call it sexy. Flirtatious in nature and incredibly girly, I can see this fragrance appealing to many. In Control: Curious, like her other fragrance Believe, can be worn by any woman of any age, it's versatile enough to do so.

I'm not sure what it is that stops me from falling in love with this fragrance, I think it might have something to do with its dominant fruity notes not blending well with my skin chemistry. With that being said, it's hard not to be impressed by Britney's fragrance line. She has put her name to many great and popular scents, this fragrance not being an exception.

toysoldier89
toysoldier89

are all of her perfumes fruity and sweet..? come on I LOVE BRITNEY but she needs to expand and do a men's line of perfume PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

Poisonivyprince
Poisonivyprince

One Of My favorites from Ms. Spears. At first it is a very sweet smell almost like a rich dessert of cake or flan.

the Vanilla is strong and bold but doesnt over power the other notes. after the vanilla fades away abit you get the fruity notes. it smells like passion fruit and a tinge of citrus.

after a long period of wear i find the sandal wood to still linger on my skin.

This Fragrance is so intoxicating and sensual. i wear it on my dates or special events.

veg.princess
veg.princess

i loved it, then hated it again. very sweet smelling. has some oriental scents to it. got lots of compliments!

Princess
Princess

Wow! This scent says sexy! A masterpiece! Smells yummy, grown up and sexy! Edit: This was my favorite before, but now, I just doesent work for me.

Malibu

I love IN CONTROL. It’s a flanker to CURIOUS, but I can’t pick up on any similarities between the two fragrances.
It’s limited edition which is a shame, as I much prefer this to the original.

It’s much lighter then CURIOUS, yet I can still pick up on the fragrance after a day at the office. As you can guess, it is a sweet fragrance, but it’s not sickly.
The soft floral notes seem creamer as they’re enveloped in the crème brûlée & the vanilla & musk notes warm the fragrance up.
IN CONTROL blurs the top, heart & base notes into one on me.

I’d recommend this for autumn/fall as it’s so warming & comforting. I also like the black bottle; very dramatic.

moonoi
moonoi

sweety & yummy fragrance

remind me to sugar candy or bubble gum
similar to Paris Hilton 'Can Can'

rushbysi
rushbysi

If you are a lover of the really sweet smelling perfumes- Dont buy this!! far too oriental and not really like any of the others. Still a nice scent, but just not sweet.

jillsy
jillsy

Drat, another Britney fragrance I like. Surprisingly similar to the discontinued Escada Collection. Yummy!

liat
liat

Disgustingly sweet, like going into a room full of chewing gum. I don’t like any of miss Spears’ perfumes because eventually they all smell like a bucket of pink sticky chewing gum falling over your head.

guest_..::..nsk..::..
guest_..::..nsk..::..

love it!!!
it's a shame that same thing happened with boyh curious ...
they became alcohol so sad because I cant find in control anymore

In Control Curious by Britney Spears 3.98 out of 5 based on 893 ratings and 226 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Britney Spears In Control Curious fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Britney Spears In Control Curious, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify In Control Curious by Britney Spears. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of In Control Curious by Britney Spears represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.