Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Maui Fantasy Britney Spears for women
dislike

tropical
coconut
Maui Fantasy Britney Spears for women Pictures Maui Fantasy Britney Spears for women Pictures

In January 2016, Britney Spears launches her new perfume within the Fantasy line, a limited edition called Maui Fantasy. This fragrance is her 19th in a row and the 13th of the Fantasy collection.

“Whenever I have a chance to relax and spend time with my family, we escape to Hawaii. Maui is one of my favorite islands. I wanted to create a fragrance that gives me the amazing feeling I have while I’m there – surrounded by the ocean and beautiful flowers. Every time I smell Maui fantasy, it brings me back to a place of happiness and relaxation,” said Britney.

The fragrance opens with a mouthwatering combination of bird of paradise flower, pink grapefruit and passion fruit. The heart is a heady mix of beachy florals such as hibiscus petals, cyclamen, orange blossom and tiare flower (Hawaiian monoi). The base brings a warm and sensual aura with accords of coconut, vanilla, blue musk, white amber and beachy blonde woods.

Available as 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Strelitzia Passionfruit Pink Grapefruit

Be Enchanted

Maui Fantasy Fragrance Reviews

KDW17
KDW17

Well, it just goes to show that there is no telling what one's body chemistry will do to a perfume. I bought a bottle of this for an excellent price, and find that it is worth every penny - this stuff is beautiful (in a happy, rather than truly classic) way, and it lasts longer than any perfume I have ever worn (and I've worn a lot).

To me, this smells like a sweet spicy fruity concoction in which tiare flower and coconut are most noticeable. It instantly makes me think of summer sun, though perhaps not beaches so much (I've not been on one in ages!). Best of all, it is a really happy scent. And it lasts - around 7 hours, when many more expensive, allegedly long-lasting scents, have disappeared within 3 hours tops. I can certainly smell it on myself, too, though I don't know how obvious it is to others. In a room full of academics today, no one said anything; but no one looked at me funny, either.

Bottom line: if you like Britney perfumes this is worth a try, but test in a shop first if you can. If your skin generally eats up most scents, try this one, you might find there's a big difference, as I did. Enjoy!

krissii
krissii

I love Britney's fragrances and own most of them, so when I found out about Maui Fantasy it was a must have. It's a beautiful bottle but the fragrance for me is a let down. On initial spray, I get a kind of pineapple bubble gum scent with a definite chemical note, followed by a soft floral. I'd love to tell you what came next, but that's where the issue lies - approximately 5 minutes later, it's completely undetectable. I have tried spraying more, 4 sprays to the neck and 3 to each wrist, plus spraying it on my clothes, but nothing works. Fact is, it has absolutely zero staying power, nothing, nada. I can honestly say Blue Glow by J Lo has terrible staying power and I thought nothing could be worse, but sadly, this really is. For those brief few minutes where I can smell it, it has such potential and I could adore where it is going, but then POOF! Gone. I am SO disappointed by this one, It just makes me incredibly sad :(

freddinos
freddinos

Another perfume that I enthusiastically added to my wish list and immediatelly removed, feeling deflated, after testing it.
All the notes in Maui Fantasy I love, plus beachy scents are really lovely.
But I must have been anosmic to its ingredients, as Maui Fantasy was a very faint fruity coconut on me. Really really subtle and almost vanished in under two hours.
Instantly upon spraying it created a mental image of smelling my wet hair after having washed them with tropical shampoo. It was kind of cute but not enough for me to buy it I suppose.
I still love many other Fantasy flankers though!

Twinkleberry
Twinkleberry

This smells sooo good to me... an eye opening scent...but I agree that in the dry down it smells exactly like Miami glow. It's not a bad thing but I expected something else. But still a very nice fragrance.

roseredlolita
roseredlolita

Love this fragrance lasts forever even in the heat the scent reminds me of pina coladas with a touch of floral notes great for summer

kristamb
kristamb

I like this light summer scent for being so fresh and simple! It does not remind me of JLo's Miami Glow fragrance, but it does remind me of Stoked by Bethany Hamilton....to me, it is beachy in a pineapple & fruit sort of way. Longevity is very good, I can smell it all day!

valyapiz
valyapiz

It's quite sweet, almost bubble-gummy, reminds me of Paris Hilton Heiress. Got 100 mill, happily use it every day, not strong safe every day fragrance. Quite cute. Does not last as long as Heiress lasts. A lot weaker.

JSRbeatles
JSRbeatles

To me, this smells more like clean laundry than tropical fruit. This is a fragrance I'll use when I want to smell like I just stepped out of the shower, fresh and clean.

PerfumeKing14

coconut yes buuuuuuuut its not just about that note. the passionfruit is a strong note in this as well. its sweet like her other fragrances but this does stand out for me. it lasts a good while as well for an EDT so thats a bonus. i get the comparisons to jlo & nicki & even though they smell similar for me i can tell them apart. lovely scent again though Britney, keep them coming

A summery, youthful coconut scent! I can sense some floral notes, coconut, grapefruit and passionfruit. It's very sweet. This one is just as good as other perfumes from this line.
This Fantasy line is a mystery to me. I haven't bought any of it's perfumes yet, but low price and good scents make it interesting.
This one is a nice tropical lightly floral fruit coctail. I have no bad words for it.
A little soapy drydown, it seems to me.

NataliaChudo
NataliaChudo

A sweet coconut number with a decent lasting power. It is flowery-fruity, very summery and very girly. Not in a bad way girly as in "suitable only for girls under 10",but youthful and cheerful fragrance. I got mine because I needed a no-brainer with a sillage and possibly with leading coconut or tiare notes. Got all of it in one shot. Probably best for hot summer day/night, will have to add on some more of it during the day. This is a good one from a celebrity fragrance army, definitely.

sharyssa
sharyssa

sampled at kohls I didn't even know there were more fantasy spin offs I no longer keep up with celebrity fragrances but this one does indeed smell good. It is very fruity tropical and I want it!!!!!

kristynic0le
kristynic0le

For an EDT the staying power is impressive. The dry down reminds me a bit of Rihanna's Reb'l Fleur. I could see this becoming my go to casual summer scent.

Spears
Spears

È un profumo decisamente estivo: fresco, leggermente fruttato e floreale, con una punta di vaniglia alla fine per addolcire il tutto. Molto buono e delicato lo consiglio a tutti!

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

Reminded me of tropical scented clothes washing powder, which I thought was neither a good thing or a bad thing - just a thing. It has an effervescent quality to it which is lovely. It does also remind me of Jennifer Lopez Miami Glo but since Miami Glo has been significantly watered down, Maui Fantasty is definitely worth considering.

Boudoir
Boudoir

This is IDENTICAL to Miami Glow on paper, so I didn't feel inclined to test it on my skin.

Crystals On My Converse
Crystals On My Converse

If you already have Miami Glow by Jennifer Lopez you can give this one a miss! Very similar!

lemonzest
lemonzest

Very beachy, very coconutty, strong passion fruit. The dry down is mostly passion fruit and hot sand. This reminds me of one of those Replica scents, the Beach Walk one. Of course it is cheaper, but why would you spend much for a beachy smell?

Excellent for summer. More saltwater beachy than purely tropical, probably because there's NO PINEAPPLE! Yay!

Not too sweet, either. Salt is not listed, but I think it's there. This is crisp compared to most Fantasy flankers. It bears no resemblance to any other Fantasy scents because it is not sweet or gourmand at all. It's salty and sour from the passion fruit.

Not sure this will be a hit with those who favor sweet pina colada beach smells because it's crisp and almost marine, but if you get queasy from sweet smells in hot weather, this should work for you. I personally would only wear this in the summer.

(The Fantasy line, by the way, is pretty much the best collection of wearable, beautiful, happiness-inducing affordable celebrity scents out there. Nothing but praise from me. Kudos to Britney and her designers!)

For a summer beachy vacation scent 10/10.

DeLinda
DeLinda

Stumbled across a tester of this today. A sexy, tropical scent - part fruit, part flowers. Nice & sweet. I am surprised at the longevity, sprayed it a couple of hours ago & I don't think its faded at all which is pleasing because I find Britney's perfumes to be pretty weak, especially an EDT but this has developed into creamy fruit punch loveliness I'm quite enjoying. Worth checking out.

Cherryblossom Princess
Cherryblossom Princess

I bought this in Superdrug UK this week. I love it! There is a smell of passion fruit and coconut and later on the vanilla comes in. It's not an overpowering fragrance. This along with intimate fantasy have been very light and musky. I sense a more mature fragrance than the circus fantasy days.

emmahlou
emmahlou

Soft and sweet. Opens kinda soapy but dries to a pleasant coconut and passion fruit.

This scent is true to its name, whenever I apply it I'm taken back to my holidays in Oahu and Maui and the tropical smell that floats through the islands.

Smells very different to island fantasy, this one has a much heavier floral emphasis.

sillage and lasting power is a tough one. Lasting power to the extent you can smell it yourself is an hour or two. However I've had friends 4 hours into wearing it exclaim how good I smell and how strong the scent is.

Another well done fragrance on Britneys behalf.

PerfumeKing14

people in the UK superdrug have this online now £25 for 100ml introductory offer

Contessa01
Contessa01

Very disappointing. It really is fantasy nice or naughty remix with a huge heap of coconut thrown in. 0/10 for effort, like it was ring In idea. If you like the above sounding mix you might like it but it's the lack of effort and the blandness that make it incredibly disappointing. Sorry

TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch
TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch

This has been a pleasant surprise! It's like a vaguely tropical-fruit/flower soap. The musk is pretty intensive on me, which I think is what's reading as soapy. The fruity passionfruit note is pretty noticeable, as well as the creamy vanilla-coconut. The orange blossom is also fairly prominent to my nose. This is really inoffensive, and a more subtle way to do tropical than what you typically encounter branded as such. This would be a fun fragrance to take on vacation and associate the memories with! It may not be a new favorite, but I'll be keeping my eye on this one...

dness92
dness92

this is fruity sweet (not very refreshing), reminds me of tropical juice and escada's limited summer editions. in my case no coconut detected

rachelanne87
rachelanne87

This is available on Kohls.com now for anybody looking to get a bottle of it.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

It pains me to leave a negative review for this because I think britney was SO close to something cool. Sweet tarts are really a good comparison to this perfume. It's dry, chalky, cool, sweet, and sour. There is nothing particular floral that sticks out in my nose individually, just a soft blend with a tangy pineappley, guava, coconut.
What gets me is that there is some kind of gross calone note or something in here. There's something synthetic I can't shake that ruins the experience to me. Maybe it was to make the fragrance fresher or more summery? Either way I just can't. Bummed.

Cassie54
Cassie54

When is this perfume going to be available in Canada?

alycat
alycat

It's not listed in the notes but I got full on pineapple when I first sprayed this. Fortunately it soon dried down into a mildly fruity fragrance. No gourmand notes to speak of, but somehow it still had the creaminess I associate with the line. Mild and inoffensive but ultimately very generic.

All parties involved need to move on to something else.

Whit
Whit

I sampled this at Kohl's and it's quite nice. Tropical, of course, and I think it really does evoke visions of Maui.

It's a bit of a fruity blast at first, kinda like a tropical drink. Then as it dries, it becomes a little warmer, slightly sweet and musky. I could see myself sitting on the beach rocking this frag with a big ole margarita in my hand. :D

Oh, and the bottle is very pretty in person.

Rhairis
Rhairis

Lizzyshreds.
You forgot to comment on the fragrance.
I'm waiting, thanks.

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

I think I was the first to buy from jlw1975402. I also paid $50, I also did a review of this perfume on Youtube. There is no need for this nonsense bashing someone over the price on ebay. It's really up to the person who wants the perfume if they are going to pay the price the seller wants for it or not. I bought my bottle on January 10th, and received it on January 12th.

Meere
Meere

I can't wait to get this, but I still wish that Britney would move on and do something else.
We already have so many Fantasy flankers.

I would love to get flanker of Believe. That would be interesting. Or brand new line. Well, maybe in the future.

I don't know how I feel about that bottle. I kinda like it, but I love those other Fantasy bottles more. I like the crystals and I'm disappointed that they didn't put crystals on this bottle. But this is something new. :)

But Britney looks great in that picture. :)

amberfire1234567
amberfire1234567

I got mine today at Kohl's 1.7oz for 37.50 It smells soft & like I would imagine Hawaii to smell like though I have never been. It is it's own fragrance & not like any of the other fantasies. It's more soft sweet floral. It has decent projection for an EDT. I recommend it. I think the bottle is pretty too.

jlw1975402
jlw1975402

I purchased 2 bottles of this today. I listed the other one on ebay. Don't get me wrong I do like the smell of the perfume it is ok. Tropical-flowery like but it smells kind of child-like to me. It opens really nice ...tropical ...coconut...but when it dries down it smells like one of those tropical air car fresheners you put in your car to smell good. The bottle is pretty. Frosted blue glass with a flower on it. I like it because it is different from her other fantasy perfumes. I guess I was just hoping for more from this perfume when I saw the advertisement. I purchased it at Kohls. I will say this it does last a good while on me ...most of the day actually. I like it but don't love it.

andonirdc
andonirdc

That's weird : frangipani flower is not listed while it heavily appears on the ads... It could have added strength and sweetness to the composition...
On the other hand I really don't like the bottle nor the packaging... AT ALL. It looks very tacky and it breaks the Fantasy line's homogeneity (round bottle, "glossy" glass and small crystals). I would have preferred a two-colour bottle just like Island Fantasy or Rocker Femme Fantasy : what about a light pink bottom with a tropical blue on top ? Those are Britney's favorite colours !
Anyway, the work is done and I will buy i anyway to complete my ever growing collection as she (hopefully) doesn't look like stopping making perfume. :D

Bruno57
Bruno57

I hoped for an other fragrance from Britney because I'm fed up with all this Fantasy
Why not a new Curious or a brand new one ?
Anyway, this one seems to be different from the last ones with the passionfruit, the grapefruit, the tiare flower...

Maui Fantasy by Britney Spears 4.16 out of 5 based on 81 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Britney Spears Maui Fantasy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Britney Spears Maui Fantasy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Maui Fantasy by Britney Spears. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Maui Fantasy by Britney Spears represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.