Designers » B » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Brut Musk Brut Parfums Prestige for men
dislike

tobacco
Brut Musk Brut Parfums Prestige for men Pictures

Brut Musk was launched in 1986 as an elegant musky fragrance.

Citruses Woody Notes Tobacco Musk Amber Spices

Canoe for Men
Jovan Musk for Men

Brut Musk Fragrance Reviews

omar.melmo
omar.melmo

Come on ! Explain how a scent so "nauseating" in the eighties (the decade of nitro powerhouse loud scents !) is still on shelves in... 2015 !! The well named Brut Musk is just a bold Brut with Musks amped up ! A honest macho flanker of an old classic ! Good !

mihirsurti
mihirsurti

This is not even a fragrance, I throwed the free oil sample which I received! This smells like some old cheap stinky oil which u put and boom! You'll never make friends again!

SabrinaUK
SabrinaUK

oh, KajiraSuzanne, thank you soo much for your review! I am having such a great laugh! priceless, exactly!

Baron Corvo
Baron Corvo

Fabergé (as they were then) must have done research and consumer testing before releasing Brut Musk, so someone must have said they liked it. It's also still being sold, so someone must be buying it. I am currently among them, but I should add a few remarks of explanation.

It's likely that if you go into a shop and spray a generous blast of a tester bottle on your wrist, you'll disappoint yourself. Done this way, it just smells sweet, like caramelised sugar, with a burnt rubber undertone and after an hour you'll be desperate to wash it off.

When this is applied differently, there is in fact a fresher floral top that hangs around for a while above the cumin or anise that people seem to find so offensively overwhelming. It's a musk fragrance, so it's always going to be somewhat strong, but spraying on too much is guaranteed to be disastrous.

Brut Musk's great benefit is that its longevity and sillage is way above that of most other fragrances. This can also be it's curse if over-applied. Apply lightly, by depressing the atomiser only halfway. Just once onto the chest under a t-shirt or shirt so that it is slightly muted. The after shave is easier to control than the EdT and is not as pungent.

It's probably not the fragrance for a romantic date, though people's tastes differ.

Beaufort
Beaufort

This is where Brut becomes shockingly "bruteful".
Brut Musk is a cumin bomb. As soon as you spray you get a very strong blast of cumin which evolves into a burnt rubber smell which possibly could be due to a huge amount of myrrh.
The edt is so strong that one spray on the neck or chest will leave you gagging all day. One spray on the forearm is the way to go with this one. The deodorant is slightly more subtle and the better choice.
You will either love or hate this one. There's no inbetween.

SixSidedTippy
SixSidedTippy

KajiraSuzanne, your review is priceless. I have read this review many times when I need a laugh fix. The imagery that comes to mind is....well, priceless!

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I was surprised to see that this scent is apparently still being made. To me it was the male version of Giorgio, but worse (because Giorgio actually smells pleasant in small doses)!
I loved the original Brut, and even today's version is better than many expensive designer masculines. However, Brut Musk was a foul, toxic, nauseating mistake of epic proportions, and I do not say this just because heavy musks trigger my migraines.
In the late 1980's I witnessed a restaurant being cleared out by a man wearing this scent. At first people thought the horrific smell was something burning or malfunctioning in the heating ducts.
My Mom almost fainted and I had a headache all night.The guy was very well-dressed and clearly impeccably clean and well-groomed, but his scent was nasty.

Update: Today, my friend Kelly asked me what Brut Musk smelled like. I told her to imagine the stench an angry male rhinoceros would emit if someone poked him in the buttocks with a spear, causing him to perspire profusely AND pass gas.

Brut Musk by Brut Parfums Prestige 3.07 out of 5 based on 29 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Brut Parfums Prestige Brut Musk fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Brut Parfums Prestige Brut Musk, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Brut Musk by Brut Parfums Prestige. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Brut Musk by Brut Parfums Prestige represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Brut Parfums Prestige Brut Pino Silvestre Pino Silvestre Original Davidoff Cool Water Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel Van Cleef & Arpels Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme Ted Lapidus Lapidus Pour Homme Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men Davidoff Zino Davidoff Boucheron Jaipur Homme Brut Parfums Prestige Brut Passion Calvin Klein Obsession for Men Coty Aspen For Men Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo Creed Green Irish Tweed Giorgio Armani Armani Eau Pour Homme Aramis Aramis Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme Brut Parfums Prestige Brut Oceans Guerlain Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette Antonio Puig Agua Brava