Designers » B » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Brut Special Reserve Brut Parfums Prestige for men

Brut Special Reserve Brut Parfums Prestige for men
dislike

Brut Special Reserve by Brut Parfums Prestige is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Top notes are lemon, bergamot, anise and basil; middle notes are lavender, geranium, jasmine and ylang-ylang; base notes are sandalwood, oakmoss, vetiver, patchouli, tonka bean and vanilla.

Lemon Bergamot Anise Basil

Rive Gauche pour Homme

Brut Special Reserve Fragrance Reviews

Tapinview
Tapinview

I'm time traveling through perfume memories tonight. It's funny reading that the old Brut was a typical 'aromatic fougere'. I just remember it as musk. When I was a young girl I think, wistfully now that I have learned that animal musk comes from the death of a little deer, that many beautiful perfumes had some animal or at least nitro musk in them. They say that the plasterwork of ancient villas still smells of deer musk because they mixed it into the mortar. Whatever, the smell of Brut back in the sixties and seventies was enough to send me into orbit. I do have some real deer musk, a tiny smear inside a vial that is so incredible and haunting in its beauty that one can believe that empires rose and fell because of it. The Brut of the last couple of decades just isn't it. The old Brut had a way of mixing with the scent of a hormonal young male that was earth shifting. It had a sort of sweetness. The old cheap Dana perfume Ambush was a close cousin and is just as unforgettable. Well, that's it for my memories of Brut. You'd think someone would bottle it again.

jutsFL
jutsFL

This one is pungent! It takes me back to middle school, and putting on waaaay too much of the splash on after gym class. It smells exactly how you would remember Brut to be. It's nostalgia, and old man, in a bottle. My wife doesn't enjoy this one at all. In fact, I doubt anyone really 'loves' this one. It's just one of those scents that brings back memories for everyone, as you have undoubtedly known someone in your past who has worn this. This is a scent for me, and memories, nothing else.

bizzybazza
bizzybazza

well i used this when it first came out ...yes i am that old lol
i still love it however it isn't as strong as it used to be but as a nice spritzer its unbeatable for the price plus i love the traditional Brut bottle which looks nice in my collection.i also have Brut prestige both will always be in my perfume wardrobe.....cant say fairer than that

iplbc27
iplbc27

Well, of course it's not mine! Papa, this smell is for Papa! My Papa loves this perfume very much. I grew up smelling the fragrance on my Papa. Other people my age don't like this that much, saying that this reminds them of old businessmen with cigars. I beg to differ. This scent brings back memories of my late dad.. But I've never associated this scent with cigar wielding old men. For me, it reminds me of polished men with a taste for the finer things in life - no matter what the age.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

Please read my Brut review for more information (I wrote it before Special Reserve was on the database)....however I will say here that this scent,as far as I am concerned, smells MUCH MORE like the vintage Brut I wore in Junior High.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

This is a misleading fragrance. Well, the labeling is misleading. The fragrance is simply the original Brut "Classic," now called "Special Reserve" instead. The fragrance? Exactly the same as Brut Classic. For some reason they're not selling Brut in its "Classic" packaging anymore, but they've decided to sell it in this packaging instead. Fine by me, but I had my hopes up prior to wearing it, thinking I was in for a richer, more interesting fougere. As it stands, it's simply more of a good thing.

Update: I take it all back. This version is a reformulation that doesn't smell as good as Brut Classic. The older version had an ambery musk (the faded ghost of musk ambrette) under a melange of soapy herbal notes, mainly an anisic lavender with light accents of mint and chamomile. It wasn't the Brut of the eighties, or seventies for that matter, but it still felt like Brut.

Special Reserve is about 80% of what I've described, but unfortunately the herbal fizz is even more attenuated, barely lasting thirty seconds, before flattening into a sweetened vanillic musk that literally goes nowhere. The freshness suffers, surprisingly enough. And it's just not as complex as Classic. Close enough I guess (it had me fooled enough to buy it), and an interesting ambery musk for sure, but I think I prefer Classic.

Brut Special Reserve by Brut Parfums Prestige 4.25 out of 5 based on 71 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Brut Parfums Prestige Brut Special Reserve fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Brut Parfums Prestige Brut Special Reserve, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Brut Special Reserve by Brut Parfums Prestige. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Brut Special Reserve by Brut Parfums Prestige represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.