Designers » B » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Faberge Straw Hat Brut Parfums Prestige for women

Faberge Straw Hat Brut Parfums Prestige for women
dislike

Straw Hat was launched in 1938 and discontinued in 1976. Straw Hat is a flirtatious and coquette perfume of sunny, wood and powdery notes. It represents the essence of summer.

Top notes: lemon, lavender and geranium. Heart: rose, violet, heliotrope, and patchouli. Base: vanilla, musk and sandalwood.

It is available as perfume and EDC.

Lavender Geranium Amalfi Lemon

Patchouli Heliotrope Rose Violet

Musk Sandalwood

Faberge Straw Hat Fragrance Reviews

PurpleIris49
PurpleIris49

The original Straw Hat had a wonderful hay note. Truly a summer scent and I loved it. Do not remember it being powdery, but I've not smelled it in years. Truly lovely. Summer in a bottle!

dianne.nelson
dianne.nelson

When I smelled it for the first time, I didn't whit what to associate the perfume. Later an older frined of mine siad, that this smells like the 70's or 80 's. I asked, waht do you mean? She said, this was trendy during that period.

krmarich
krmarich

I stumbled upon 2 bottles in my chest of vintages. The first has a white cap 1.7 oz. The second has a yellow cap .05 oz. I have never experienced them before and since they disappeared by 1976, I have no idea how old they are.

The white cap seems a little wobbly-perhaps its older? The yellow cap is a dab on with more floral notes. Otherwise, they are identical. They are definitely warm weather friendly and wear perfectly in the heat. It has a fresh citrus opening that says sunny day.

I am getting a lot of oakmoss and vetiver with the patchouli here making it a perfect chypre. Combine that with the heliotrope and you get the "straw" effect. Lavender keeps it clean and gentle. The violet, rose and geranium blend so cleverly that it becomes quiet unisex by todays standard. I am impressed with it.

I can imagine this worn on the beach with some Coppertone covering it. It is perfect for picnics and trips to amusement parks. Indeed this was definitive summer fare of the bygone era. Transistor radios picking up long lost AM radio programs and flip flops are required for this one. Don't forget your large tortoise shell sunglasses!

From a completely new viewpoint, I never smelled this before, so it doesn't have memory attached for me. What I tried was vintage juice, so that might inform the scent. It is definitely an older blend, with the heavier patchouli sandalwood notes giving it a woody base that does seem to speak of the 70s clearly, balancing the lighter floral notes. Even without memories of my own to attach to this, it smells somehow like other people's memories. I guess that might mean 'dated' to some, but I prefer to think of it as 'historical.' Nice, lighter fare for winter, but would be too strongly woody and complex for me as a summer scent.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I got a "bubble" bottle on eBay and used it today, since it was a Sunday in summer and if it didn't last all day, so what? I liberally sprayed four hours ago and it is just now about done except for really close sniffing. Moderate sillage for 2-3 hours, which isn't bad for an old inexpensive cologne! Quite a pleasant scent and not like anything else that I can think of or know of. Maybe it is the patchouli that gives it a little smoky edge, since I don't see vetiver listed.

The bottle makes me think of a caterpillar! I didn't care it for so much at first, but it is growing on me. Especially now that I know it has an exceptionally fine spray. I wish my expensive edps would have such a nice mist!

UPDATE: I realize now that it is the geranium that smells smoky to me, although I haven't read anyone else mentioning that. Also, although the bubble bottle and some others are called Straw Hat II, it is the same scent as the original. (Unlike Tigress which was completely changed and kept the same name!) I find this scent really grew on me to where it is one of my favorites. If anyone has some perfume of it, pm me and we'll talk!

stormyla
stormyla

I really miss this one. It was the epitome of summer "cool".

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Hey, I remember this one. It was light and sparkly . It was a nice spring and summer scent. It used to come in a gift set with the straw hat powder container, cute. It's extinct now.
Those Faberge gift sets were perfect for Mother's Day and Christmas. They were fun and not too high priced. If Mom didn't like the perfume you could always borrow it back for yourself.

Kiku
Kiku

No fragrance ever said "summer" like Straw Hat. Pungent notes like geranium and patchoulli are softened with vanilla and sandalwood. A big splash of sparkling citrus gives it a cool, fresh feeling that wears well in the heat.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Brut Parfums Prestige Faberge Straw Hat fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Brut Parfums Prestige Faberge Straw Hat, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Faberge Straw Hat by Brut Parfums Prestige. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Faberge Straw Hat by Brut Parfums Prestige represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.