Designers » B » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Body Eau de Toilette Burberry for women

Body Eau de Toilette Burberry for women
dislike

Body Eau de Toilette Burberry for women Pictures Body Eau de Toilette Burberry for women Pictures Body Eau de Toilette Burberry for women Pictures

After the original perfume Body and Body Eau de Parfum Intense both from 2011 (and body mist edition, also), Burberry brings out a new, lighter summer version - Body Eau de Toilette – in July 2012.

Body Eau de Toilette is a fresh fruity fragrance that retains attractive original notes and offers sparkling new flavors such as green apple and tea. It opens with accords of green apple, peach and absinthe. Rose absolute and sandalwood are in the heart, typical of all Body compositions, this time enriched with tea aroma. The base retains its original structure; there are musk, cashmere, amber and vanilla.

Model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is the face of Body perfume line. The campaign is shot by Mario Testino.

The fragrance is available in bottles of 35, 60 and 85 ml Eau de Toilette.

The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac.

Wormwood Peach Green Apple

Rose Sandalwood Tea

Cashmere Wood Musk Amber Vanilla

Boss Orange

Body Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Ahh yes... This is my favorite version of the Burberry Body line! The original was too heavy for me, but the EDT version strikes just the right pitch. It's an amped up clean skin scent on me - the apple is definitely there, but it's more tart than sweet, lending a crispness to the scent. Peach and rose are definitely prominent, just like the pyramid suggests. The original could definitely come across as a more "mature" scent, while I find the EDT much more versatile. The powder and woods are toned down, but still present in the dry down. Essentially, this Body smells like a combination of freshly washed skin, lotioned up, with some natural rosy muskiness. Clean and comfortable and elegant. Lovely and feminine.

And BONUS! I am in love with the oil spray, and the EDT is much more similar to the oil than the original EDP is. A few squirts of the oil and one spritz of the perfume and the fragrance envelops me in a comfortable hug that hints at something more.. Just a touch more intimate than friendly, not quite sensual, but the chemistry's there. ;) <3

Lucyb2797
Lucyb2797

I thought I remembered falling in love with this perfume after testing it last summer. However, regrettably, after buying a 35ml bottle online I discovered I must have been remembering a different Burberry fragerence as this is rather unpleasant on my skin, sort of tart and metallic but with a nauseating sweetness, my brother mentioned it smelt just like Turkish delight, and I agree! Fresh and fruity at first but as as it dries the main note I can smell the rose/Turkish delight. To me its a very cold fragerence, reminds me of cool glass, I suppose like roses in an elegent glass vase on a fresh spring day. I can see why others love this, its delicate and fresh but unfortunately just does not sit well on my skin. This is probably a long shot but does anyone in the UK want to arrange a swap (preferably for another fresh, fruity spring/summer fragerence, but I'm open to trying other things)? I'm new and don't know how that works on here, but please do let me know!

cocoethermes
cocoethermes

This is a heavenly, green, rosy, sophisticated fragrance. Although it is not hugely popular, it is one of the best fragrances I have ever smelled. However, the one down-side is that it has absolutely no lasting power or sillage. The EDP lasts longer, but the fragrance is different. I am torn between whether I should repurchase or not.

MariaJohanna
MariaJohanna

first 30min was a bit funny, in a bad way, like sweaty skin. But the drydown is really beautiful and fresh. Soft everyday scent. Doesn't last long on my skin.

statekpijany
statekpijany

I'm a big fan of rose. I used to like Body too BUT... it kinda stopped smelling good after a week of using it. Maybe my body chemistry just doesn't work well with this one but even if I spray it on paper or sth it still smells to me like a cheap, unpleasant version of Chloe. I'm very disappointed :(

charloppe
charloppe

Oh my god, I can´t smell anything on my skin!? Literally nothing? I even asked the sales assistant to smell my wrist because I thought there was something wrong with my nose. She said: Almost non existing! Anyone with the same experience? I´m really dissappointed because I had so high expectations for this one. Maybe the edp or Body intense is worth a try.

Update: Indeed the BB Gold limited edition EdP is beautiful and very long lasting. So glad I didnt give up on this one too easily :)

Wanesa
Wanesa

Not bad. I bought this for work. I needed something classy and not to heavy. It's fruity and woody. It's such a pleasant fragrance for a pleasant woman . Kinda smell corporate so that's why I like it :)

Lakambini
Lakambini

I have the spray-on body oil version of Burberry Body. It is very light and pleasant. On first application it reminds me of canned lychees. Then it develops into a barely-there soft-musk scent with a perceptible woody tone. I have to put the back of my hand up to my nose to smell it after 2 hours or so; by then, there is the faintest hint of tobacco (might be the tea). I don't get any rose or apple tones. This is a keeper: a your-skin-only-better scent for sure. Funny, but the dry down of this reminds me of the considerably less expensive Cafe Cafe, albeit much more subtle. The tall, sculptural bottle is a work of art.

Annjo
Annjo

This one smells way better than the eau de parfum which is too thick and strong.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

Smells great. It's light, fresh, flowery and not cloying at all. It smells different and more special than typical floral scents.. I have the edp and like that but this one is more wearable and not as heavy. It also has great longevity and sillage. It lasted overnight on me and lasted long on my clothes. I'm surprised at how much I love this. This is an everyday scent but I can see it worn more in the spring or summer.

Izzaaayyy
Izzaaayyy

Just bought this and I LOVE it. I find the eau de parfum version a little too strong/woody, but this lighter EDT version is perfect. Smells kind of like Chloe EDP but not so floral... It reminds me of fresh laundry, roses and expensive soap. Somehow I think it manages to be simultaneously warm and fresh - it's a very comforting scent in my opinion. It also doesn't smell too "perfumey" if that makes any sense... It's the kind of perfume where you would get more comments saying "you smell good" rather than "your perfume smells good".

RedPlum(p)
RedPlum(p)

This perfume was a surprise! I didn't like the original EDP fragrance and usually I don't like rose fragrances but in this version it is so subtle. I like how it's warm and fresh at the same time :) It reminds me of Chance Eau Tendre but warmer with a hint of rose.
I wouldn't recommend it to younger women, this scent feels mature, or atleast over 25 years old.
All in all, it is gorgeous ♡

Sleek Geek Chic
Sleek Geek Chic

I am probably going to end up buying this one. The scent from Burberry Body is definitely what I would call fresh. Very office/professional appropriate. Like others, I definitely like the EDT better. The EDP is a bit cloying. Pretty, feminine, fresh and light.

chinna
chinna

Horrible, definitely not like the smell of wormwood, bitter and spoils perfumes. Or maybe I met him in bad combinations. Another was a Le Male Jean Paul Gaultier.
Maybe it in a perfume of summer, just tea and green, or milky notes ... But not with lemon and citrus, and woods notes, this is too much

Wonderful scent! Very similar to the Body EDP and the other flankers. There's no iris or freesia in this one, but the similarity is still stunning.
The thing I love about it, is the soft composition of peach and rose with a little bit of wood.
Warm, feminine and simply elegant.
And typically Burberry.

Percoon
Percoon

Lovely and fresh rosey scent, perfect for spring or summer when the EDP would be too heavy. I am a huge admirer of Body EDP, however I wouldn't wear it during summertime, I find it too heavy and smokey on me. This nice edt version is the solution for this, I think it is nothing like "old lady", it is a really delighting and smiley fragrance, maybe not for teenagers though.

Lolypa
Lolypa

I've been searching for a new fragrance for a long time, testing and spraying whenever out shopping. I always seemed to go back to this so I finally made the purchase only to discover that my daughters think I smell like "old lady"! When I wear this I smell vanilla, sandalwood, peach and rosy powder? I like it, but won't purchase again as I don't want to smell like "old lady". So off again to find the perfect fragrance.

neda173
neda173

Fresh rose and peach smell. beautiful. Smells better that body EDP. I love it.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Lovely light fragrance for every day. For me, the EDT is fresher compared to the EDP and the longevity is good. It starts off bright and rosey then after about half an hour it becomes soft and powdery. I like the bottle too.

ticklemetania
ticklemetania

I have loved perfume, sine the first time I bought my first bottle. Over the year my my taste hasn't changed, but I still hadn't found the "one". Recently with a lull period of not wearing any perfumes. I found Burberry Body. This perfume is me. I love it. Powdery and woody smell, with musk and fruit scents, after a few hours the woody/powdery scent comes out more and the one important thing, is that my husband loves it on my skin. I love this smell.

Juliana6
Juliana6

First seconds after spraying I feel some cool, refreshing, "sparkling", fruity champagne, then comes the sugar coated but still sour, mouthwatering apple followed by a nice rose bouquet.
When it settles down, it becomes warm ( sandalwood, I think). It's a pity that I don't get all the base notes- no vanilla, no cashmere. It's musky and keeps some of the apple sourness, freshness.
I imagine it on a young, modern woman wearing high heels and following the trends.
Nice, "positive", sunny perfume for summer but nothing unique I would recognize.

anna.dkr5

I like the smell of roses. It reminds me of the rose garden my grandmother used to have when I was little. That said, this perfume doesn't smell like 'old lady'. Well, at least not to my nose. It's subtle, fresh, and puts a smile on my face. It' also somewhat soothing. I can smell the wormwood in the opening, then it's mostly rose with a hint of peach and tea on my skin. These are the notes I have been able to distinguish, so far. It's classy and sophisticated. It won't offend anyone unless you bathe in it.
I'm going to test it a few more times, then perhaps get it with my Sephora discount card within the next couple of months.

pixiepuff
pixiepuff

I agree with flowergirlsusie. This is lighter and fresher than the original Body edp, which I found could get quite sickly and a bit cloying (I imagine the edp would induce headaches in those that are sensitive). The apple in the opening of this EDT makes the scent crisp and airy. The apple note is not like the one in dkny delicious. I found it to be more like the note in the body shop apple shampoo from a long time ago. This perfume is also woodier than the edp and I found this to be enjoyable. It is a clean scent and easy to wear. Good for day wear and I would say any season really if it's just for day use. Others found this scent pleasant and I had a couple of compliments on it.

anna.dkr5

I got the tester for this one. When I first sprayed it, I thought: "No way, I'd never wear this!" Then, as it dried down, I began to detect a really nice rose and peach smell. What I like most about this is those two notes. It's rather soft, sensual and feminine. I wouldn't wear this everyday, as I'm more into unisex fragrances, but I do appreciate this one. Pricey.

[email protected]
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

it is nice, better than body perfume. the perfume i dont like it its too heavy and to rose for me. but this one is really good.

dina
dina

May give this one a try if it's softer that the original edp. Actually the latter is a very good one but way too sharp on my skin.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Body Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Burberry Body Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Body Eau de Toilette by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Body Eau de Toilette by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.