Designers » B » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Body Tender Burberry for women
dislike

bitter
Body Tender Burberry for women Videos
Body Tender Burberry for women Pictures Body Tender Burberry for women Pictures Body Tender Burberry for women Pictures

The house of Burberry launched Body perfume in 2011. After that, there were numerous variations on the theme such as Body Eau de Parfum Intense (2011), Body Eau de Toilette (2012) and Body Rose Gold (2012). New Burberry Body Tender comes out in spring 2013.

The adjectives that describe this new version of Body are tenderness, eternal youth, serenity, ease and charisma. The composition opens with fresh aromas of lemon, apple, peach and absinthe. The core of the composition includes essences of rose, tea leaves, jasmine and sandalwood, all placed at the base of cashmere accords, vanilla, musk and amber.

The fragrance is available as 60 and 85 ml Eau de Toilette. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac.

Lemon Apple Peach Wormwood

Rose Tea Jasmine Sandalwood

Cashmere Wood Vanilla Musk Amber

Body

Body Tender Fragrance Reviews

kokiri64
kokiri64

The first impression I got was that it smelled like something from Clinique. It started out cool, with the freshness of the apple. Two minutes later it died into a mix of rose and wormwood that sat close to my skin and yet at the same time had an unpleasant sharpness--if it were any stronger I'd probably get a headache. Not tender at all.

This is more citrusy and juicy than the original Body, Intense version and gold version. Also it's powdery, but not that much as the others are. It's the most suitable "Body" for people who like fresh fragrances.
It's nice and wearable, but I would choose other "Bodies" over this one.

smellME
smellME

This has truly surprized me !
Left the idea of finding the right burberry long ago and the first edition of burberry Body was no exception. Didn't make a statement of something new and I gave up the idea of finding a skin scent for casuel wear that wasn't to sweet , too fresh , too weak or strong.
Then I gave this a chance when I saw there was a pink body by burberry ?
After some paper spraying I today tried it on my body for the first time.
A little bit of everything without beeing boring - how come ?
Maybe it's the bitterness from the absinthe/wormwood that keeps it from ending up in the too casual waste basket.
At least to me...
The rose in this blend is creamy slightly sweet and has a little buttery tone.
The wooden , musky drydown is gorgeous !
Probably discontinued soon - just because I recently found it...
Happends all the time - sigh !

Update- while wearing this shy beauty I sensed a kind of cinnamon whif aroind me and was surprized it was me wearing body tender. It was after about two hours wear and in fact it was the very true rose deep warm rose smell I picked up !! Very nice scent !

On my skin it is bitter citrus. Not surprising, cause I know for a long time that my skin chemistry does not work well with scents including any bitter notes.
I can smell only lemon & tea...

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Despite what people are saying about how boring this is, I personally always have room for a "safe" scent on my vanity. Work, family gatherings, first-time meet ups, whatever the occasion.

Not only do I have an appreciation for this as a safe scent, but I do find it to be quite beautiful. Warm, but clean.. soft and textured. Not linear, in my opinion.. stays crisp throughout the dry down on my skin, and pretty decent longevity for an edt.

Update: Just bought this after scraping by on the generous sample I was given, could not go without it! Was also watching an interesting review of the Burberry 'Body' and its noted similarity to Lancome's 'Tresor' and ah-ha! There it is, the peachy rose reason I immediately just fell in love with this fragrance.

My aunts wore Tresor for majority of my formative years, and it was just cozy, sweet, and endearing to me. What I find in BT is a bit of an added edge with the wormwood and tea.. updated and fresh nostalgia to my nose! Feels sophisticated but still naive.. I can definitely see myself purchasing this for years to come. Yay!

This is gorgeous!

almarie

I really like this version- it's more fresh than the original and I like it much better.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I couldn't really pick up on the soapiness of the original so many talk about, it took me smelling this version to understand what they meant. But the original is seductive and warm. Body Tender is aseptic. I agree that it's boring.

almarie

This is a very pretty fragrance. I did not care for the original Burberry Body or the rose gold edition, but this one is different. It has just the right amount of chypreness to it without being too loud. I smell some traces of the original BB, however, this is so much better and I can actually wear this one without getting a headache.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I like the original but more for winter..this is very light , spring like and very soft on my skin, i get a touch of shampoo freshness and rosey clean and the origina; is stronger, cosmetic powdery and warmer floral..its like day and night between the two..but they both are diffrent and i dont smell the original much at all in this one on my skin...but i love it!

castellot
castellot

I sprayed this on my wrist today and within 2 hours was trying to scrub it off. I liked it on the paper strip but on my skin it became sharp, cold and shout-out-loud marigolds and chrysanthemums. Very odd indeed. I smelt like a florists and got quite a headache. Never had such a drastic change in scent from paper to skin before.

nabegum
nabegum

Burberry body was too strong for me.. Tender is just nice and very wearable. Smells like gucci envy me but a lighter version. I'm in love!

sarahdelicious
sarahdelicious

Until today I thought that I had smelled all the perfumes in the Body collection. I've considered the collection too mature for me but that I would buy a bottle one day, I think it's because of the rose-notes. Weird thought though, that I would like the smell of roses better when I get older...

Anyhow at the airport I smelled all of them including Body tender and thought "Hey why not give it a try, it doesn't smell that bad". You feel the absinth (I couldn't come up with what it smelled like there and then)in the beginning and it feels fresh (I'm a citrus-person)and sweet but not to much. It still feels mature but not too mature. It really suited my skin well like it was made for me (it didn't smell that good on a paper), that rarely happens. I didn't find any note that annoyed me through the day, I barely noticed the rose note which is a good thing.

I might buy this but I want to try this on my skin 2-3 times just to be sure :)

Ms. Cherie
Ms. Cherie

I love the entire Body line. The EDP for winter, the EDT for spring and this lovely elixir for summer. It is the perfect fruity (apple/peach)floral (rose) and not girlie but ladylike. My husband always asks me to wear this one!

passion4fashion
passion4fashion

Wow, Wow wow wow wow...
Body tender is a lovely and beautiful girl, :)
a girl with innocent yet piercing blue eyes,
cold wind sweeps her hair away from her face,
and your eyes meet hers,
you are struck and hypnotised by her beauty and tenderness.
Body tender,
apple and lemon well-blended with rose,
as the name suggests,
it is tender and soft,
less fruitier than the original,
fresher but not in a shampoo-ey way,
VERY BEAUTIFUL.

kadinurr
kadinurr

It is much more wearable than Body EDP, but then again it makes it a bit boring. I love the rose and absinthe tandem. On my skin it's warm, a bit sweet and powdery (Burberry signature base). Wearable in hot weather.

elda white petals
elda white petals

This perfume has been my new must have !!!! The best I could find in this style of cool refreshing, awakens the senses!!!!!! I like most of the other body because it is the most fresh citrus !!!!! The reason is the perfect combination of peach fruit Apple, fortunately the tea and thank God lemon which is what l ask desperately for summer!!! All of these have the PERFECT combination with jasmine and rose ...rose is very dominant at last!!!!! Wood notes not soo dominant ,give a perfect touch to have a good longlasting power !!!! The best note for the end ....the Absinthe ...that's what makes it special!!!! I have been looking for fragrances with Absinthe but this one to my nose is very good !!!! this fresh summer combination of notes comes to create a bomb of freshness ... creates pleasant illusions, makes me travelling in a flower garden in the morning after it has stopped raining .Love ...Love .....Love ....

lawlsusie
lawlsusie

I mean, the smell lingers once you wear it. Absolutely a spot on.

This is a very pretty, very basic rose perfume. There is a noticeable scent of apple here, that makes it a bit fresher and crisper than the original Burberry Body. Its missing the warm woody drydown of the original, unfortunately. This is cool, fresh, and very wearable.

ouweadder

cold sharp scent. smells green but not fresh. unpleasant and give me a bad mood. scrubbing and rubbing and cannot make it disappear pfoe

mils
mils

Young girl who;s walking on a pedestrian precinct towards evening. All around are cafés with people who;re talking, the music is playing. The girl goes through and leaves a trail of this scent and all men and even women stop talking and start looking at her. The spring wind blows in her hair and every man here wants to get in her nearness but she isn;t any cheap girl, she has a personality. She continues with her graceful walk and in the end of the pedestrian she turns around and send a kiss in the air and blink with her eye to all around. And than disappers in the dark. She;s independent, confident, everyone wants to get closer to her but she can resist, she;s still "clean" like this scent. She can be playful but she knows the limits. She knows what she wants and know what does it mean to be classy and elegant yet still young. She;s the ONE.
Haha that was my imagination but honestly this is such an amazing scent (after a long time). I sprayed it and immediately thought on a luxury soap. It;s very very nice, light, clean, slightly creamy but not that warm, more like some rose creaminess and the rose is kind of icy. I can smell the apple and some herbal touch which is probably the wormwood. It;s young but sophisticated and classy, no cheap water. Like a girl in a trenchcoat. It;s like a rosy soap with hints of apple and unripe peach, slightly bitter too. It leaves the trail behind you so it;s not extremely light. It stays very long on a skin and I appreciate it. The bottle is pretty also. Worth every penny. My new love. Thank you Burberry! :-)

mjb28
mjb28

This is a fresher and more delicate version of the original. It is fruity and fresh, but not sharp as other citrus scents can be. The heart consists of gentle floral scents, delicate and very pretty. English rose, tea leaves and jasmine combination is powdery soft and very feminine. This is really a soft scent, it makes me think of crisp sheets, babies, puppies, cashmere sweaters and silk dresses. The apple makes the scent clean and crisp while allowing the other ingredients for the softness, a fantastic combination. Honestly, this is a delicious and sensual fragrance and I can consider it as an ultimate comfort scent. It is extremely good, enjoyable and pleasant to wear! Fans of Burberry Body should definitely have to try this, you'll be hooked like me!

This is very nice, I got to sample it and I must say it smells nice, a bit complex, refined also, and it changes fast from one note to the next, I admit I was pleasantly surprised, I can say that Almairac put some talent in that one contrary to the other versions which just didnt do much for me. There is a note that smells so good, I wonder maybe the tea mixed with the absinthe, whatever it is, the notes blend together nicely,creating an attractive scent.
Unfortunately I turns into a rose scent in the drydown.

Cams
Cams

Not bad at all! I've avoided Burberry Body as I find it heavy and overwhelming. This flanker removes all of the heaviness and is quite fresh and pleasant and good for Spring and Summer.
Worth trying for those who felt that the Orginal was too much to take.

dormir6
dormir6

Absolutley like!!!!! I want this for spring and even for summer. Crispy, fresh but not an aquatic way. Sparkingly cool, modern sophistication, still creates a luxurious atmosphere. Suitable for youngsters and elderly women too. It might be described a little bit artificial, but I don't mind it, because it is outstanding in perfumery mass production.I can detect the apple but not the evident fruity way. It makes you clean and sexy for all day!
On my skin it lasts all day long!

ladymillion123456789

Burberry Body tender is gorgeous and amazing my new favorite fragrance from my perfume collection at the moment. I adore the original Burberry Body fragrance but tender is better way more youthful and Fresh I can see why they choose Cara Delevingne instead of Rosie Huntington Whiteley to be the face of body tender because it is younger lighter and softer.

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

I really like this it think it more crisp and lemon then the dry down powdery/woody/creamy soft. I prefer this personal to the original it has more strong lasting qualities.

mudpach
mudpach

Absolutely Body with charming flowers and fresh fruits on a woody base. I really love it, great spring fragrance with a long lasting.

ladymillion123456789

So excited just ordered the big bottle of body tender cant wait !!!!!!!

jonathantp
jonathantp

This smell really bad on me... Dizzy and headache after 5 minutes.

ladymillion123456789

Clyn11 thank you so much for letting me know had no idea its out already in Australia definitely gonna go check it out

Clyn11
Clyn11

Ladymillion, was just at Myer te other day and they already have this version in stock. It does smell like Body + D&G light blue :) Too bad our summer is over but nice, nevertheless.

ladymillion123456789

The gorgeous Cara delevingne is the face of burberry body tender so excited since Cara delevingne is my favourite model and burberry body edp is one of my favorite perfumes so cant wait for the tender version to come out in Australia why do we always have to be so behind when it comes to fragrance launches

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

I don`t know what`s tender about this scent... Sprayed once and I tought it was strong, sharp, overly fresh and somewhat annoying. I went home and tried to wash it off. With no luck. After two washes with water and one serious scrub with dish washing liquid and a sponge, I can still smell it.
So I think the lasting power is beyond reasonable. If this is the kind of scent you like.

antonpan
antonpan

Fortunately, this one is similar to the regular Body edp. Body Tender is in fact not really tender, but juicy, fruitier version of the first scent. Now it is less powdery, more peachy with a typical D & G Light Blue freshness at the background though retains the character and uniqueness of Body edp.

mystica
mystica

This came as a gift to me. It's correctly classified as a "chypre fruity". I like chypre perfumes a lot, but I've never tried -even thought- of a fruity chypre.

To my nose, wormwood note is much stronger than rose, and what makes this note sweet is the apple.

Very interesting fragrance. It's best worn in spring/summer, for daytime.

sarage
sarage

Very elegant, light, fresh and powdery at the same time. Perfect for everyday use.
The apple note is not too strong, neither is the rose, everything blends well and creates a beautiful harmony.
This might be my next Burberry scent.

mariebrodersen
mariebrodersen

It may be crispy at first, but the drydown is a little too powdery/creamy/soft for my taste. Not that I don't appreciate powdery fragrances, but this is just too anonymous to me. I'll stay with the real Body for sure.

jovejove
jovejove

Ahahahaha...really Burberry?...really?

There needs to be an overhaul in the fragrance industry. I've lost my passion for most mass designer fragrances because of these flankers. New concepts are needed. Burberry made the right move with the launch of Body, but they need to keep the same momentum by making entirely new launches all the time. They have such potential, but always lose it by investing in such flankers. I'm so disappointed.

Body Tender by Burberry 3.87 out of 5 based on 184 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Body Tender fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Body Tender, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Body Tender by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Body Tender by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.