Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Burberry Brit Burberry for women

almond
Burberry Brit Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Burberry for women Pictures

Burberry Brit is a fragrance that keeps the tradition but with a modern sound, it brings the English irony and English dignity. It opens with fresh notes of green lemon, frosted pear and white almond. The heart blooms with white peony. The drydown is very gourmand with vanilla, amber, mahogany and balsamic Tonka bean accords. The fragrance was created by Nathalie Cracia-Getto in 2003.

The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Gracia-Cetto.

Lime Almond Pear

Sexy Darling

Burberry Brit Fragrance Reviews

bora8413
bora8413

"WAITING FOR A MAN TO CONFESS...".
Definitely such elegance, class, and sophistication this fragrance resembles.

Truly and utterly a fragrance that signified status and reputation. It's like a daughter coming out of a rich family, sneaking out late at night to meet a less-than-wealthy man that's so meaningful, vulnerable, curious, rebellious, but it's that kind of feeling I get from smelling this and honestly, it brings sudden nasal euphoria.
Does that even make sense?

THE PACKAGING:
The Toilette, honestly, I prefer better, but this simply is very classy, being house and all. After some time being used to it (as it clashes with the theme of my room), I've started developed a welcoming feel towards the colour and obvious pattern.
Makes Burberry seem more... Burberry.
5/5: definitely unique and noticeable from the rest.

THE FRAGRANCE:
Wow, this is so unique.
Like I said, it has class but none of the notes individually really represent that. It's all these together. That subtle freshness you get that doesn't pierce your nose paired with sugar-coated almonds that adds this warmth against the cool amber toned that are sported in this fragrance.
Everything goes well together and it's so long in range. Goes from very deep and slightly vanilla to something very soprano and fresh. Balanced in terms of it's not TOO welcoming and easy going, adding that snobby trait, but not too piercing, so that it's still very vulnerable and approachable.
5/5: represents a bigger picture.

UNIQUE ASPECTS:
There's nothing too "unique" about the actual fragrance, but it's what happens. This slowly turns into these different aspects and notes of the fragrances as if a clock is winding backwards by itself. Every two hours, this new blend appears from the compound and basically shifts like this all day.
+5: truly a unique and must-have for this fragrance to be so popular.

ICKY ASPECTS:
Personally, I would judge that the fragrance is almost unidentifiable from the frequent change of fragrance yet it remains to be very structured and poised throughout, so it's not much of a complaint.
=0: really nice.

NOT GOOD FOR... nothing I can think of.
GREAT FOR... cute dates, professional work, school, elegant occasions.

Extremely long lasting, has decent sillage, and is a nice day-to-night, all-seasons, relaxing yet not too inviting fragrance that can quickly become a "signature".

Avarie

I've had this for a month or so now. It evolves strangely on me, but it is otherwise still the sweet, somewhat spicy nutty/almond/vanilla fragrance it's touted to be. However, Brit takes on a different character when I spray it on my arms and let a sweater or other long-sleeved clothing cover it, instead of letting it evaporate. When sprayed on my arms and covered, the woodsiness of this fragrance stands out greatly, and Brit truly smells like a man's cologne, with only a whisper of sweetness floating somewhere. While I do enjoy that facet of the scent, the sensation of it smelling akin to a cologne could not leave my head (and I'm sure others around me could tell too). BUT, when sprayed on my arms or the back of my neck and left to evaporate, Brit turns into the sugar-and-spice tease that I recognize. I do enjoy having Brit now, and like my previous review, this was a fragance I could and should've worn during my high school years. It might not be a signature for me anytime soon, but I'll always find it to be a pleasant scent if I encounter Brit again in the long run.

MemLAVA
MemLAVA

This fragrance is perfect for crisp autumns and cold winters. It has such a great warmth to it that for me it is an instant mood-lifter. The vanilla, amber, and almond really come across in the dry down for the EDP, but the initial scent is more citrus-y. I always find myself coming back to this fragrance.

oxanagiel
oxanagiel

This is my go to fall scent. It smells like vanilla and almond to me.
It is sweet and heavy so I spray it far away and walk into it. It has this warm and sweet smell yet sophisticated. It lasts all day, even after a few days. I have a scarf that still has lightly the scent of it from a while ago.
I feel like this scent is perfect for the night time.

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

I tried EDP version yesterday and it reminds me of yummy 'caramel almond stick'. The first spray is rather masculine for me I guess because of the mixed of lime and sweets, which is not well-blended. Then in develops into, as I said 'caramel almond stick' but not too gourmand. The sweet part here is caramel rather than vanilla. Brit is sweet and warm and will be a great choice for winter.

Cecile27
Cecile27

Love at first spritz!!!...on the sample paper! I hope to try it on my skin next time to see how the notes are translated.

Brit I hope you create a beautiful harmony with my skin so that I can enjoy your song in all it's depth.

Update: I finally obtained a sample but the musk note came out extremely strong on me. :( oh skin, I wish you would have cooperated. Still love this scent but not on myself...

Katrin77
Katrin77

I love Brit SO much. First got it as a decant at the Airport perfume shop. I fell in love with it immediately.

I love to smell the fragrance on myself, even though I have heard that you should not smell a perfume that suits you on yourself really. I don't know if it is true, and I don't really care. I have owned maybe 4 bottles of Brit during last 5-7 years, and it has definitely been my signature. Actually I stopped rebuing this because I felt that I should find myself a new signature scent after so many bottles of the same, even though I wasn't tired of it yet. However, none of the perfumes that I have, possess all the qualities that I look for in a signature at the same time. Which are: must be easy to wear, specially in office and public spaces, must be elegant, unique, classy (but modern), AND also speak to me in a comforting and warm way. Must not be "the hit of the day" either, that everyone recognizes immediadely. So far only Brit has met all these demands. I am going to buy myself a new bottle very soon.

Jennyto
Jennyto

While scrolling through the mall with my boyfriend, I ended up purchasing the EDP of Burberry Brit because my boyfriend found a gift set for a very good price and he liked the scent. On our way home, I sprayed it onto my wrist and a couple of minutes later, I started to feel very nauseas. It never crossed my mind that it was because of the scent so just to be sure, I sprayed it on my neck and wrists the next day before heading to work and to my surprise, the nauseas feeling slowly crept up on me. Not only was it nauseating but it was very suffocating for me as well.

Overall, Burberry Brit EDP wasn't one of those scents where I immediately thought "wow, this smells amazing" or "this is something I want in my collection". Heck, I didn't even give it a second thought. It's longevity was fairly good but other than that, there really isn't anything special to it nor did I get any compliments on it. I feel like it's an everyday scent or just a scent you can throw on quickly when you're going out to grab some milk from the store. Personally, this scent does not suit me. It's too overwhelming, suffocating, and made me feel very nauseas but of course, it's different for everybody.

Peta22
Peta22

Burberry is one of my favourite clothing brands and I treasure the pieces I’ve bought from them but I’d never given the fragrances much thought – however, when I saw Burberry Brit EDT marked down to 50% in my local pharmacy I jumped onto Fragrantica and looked it up – it sounded like something I’d like so I grabbed it yesterday when I passed the pharmacy again. This is beautiful! The opening is gorgeous with fresh citrus and green spices but then the drydown is truly comforting to me – it’s so luxurious! It reminds me of walking through beautifully perfumed luxury department stores and couture flagship stores – I love it! So within the hour I’d ordered the EDP online and I can’t wait to get hold of it. Having said that, the longevity on the EDT seemed OK actually… I could still smell the spicy vanilla a few hours later… but I like my fragrances to last as long as possible and I usually find the EDP’s much more to my liking. Mmmmm – I might be carrying the EDT around in my purse until the EDP arrives though! : )

melody.mafa
melody.mafa

Timeless scent. Had it when i was a student ( 6 yrs ago) and i will still buy it today. It's a nice everyday and night fragnence. It is one of those that just mixes well with my body chemistry and i am confident wearing it. You will never go wrong with this.

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

Such a laid back perfume. Hip, easy, casual, and still stylish. Smelling this wants me to buy expensive pajamas to wear and stay at home, or wear even in public! It is quite citrusy at first blast with lime, pear, and peony. The lime is hello and see ya later, and then pear starts to warm up with vanilla, tonka and out of no where, almond comes into the mix.. At its peak, it smells like carmalized pear and marzipan! I then can barley make out peony and woods but its somewhere mingling around barely keeping this from being super gourmand.

On me, this was a "skin scent", perfect anytime perfume. I read some reviews on how this is masculine like! No way! On me this a very sweet scent and feminine.

my review is for the EDP.

lat
lat

I ordered a miniature of this by mistake (wanted the Rhythm version) and ended up falling in love with this.
I need to use it sparingly so it doesn't overpower me but my goodness, it's so scrumptious! It doesn't smell foody, but nevertheless delightful.
I have repurchased since and went for EDP this time (again, by mistake, as I wanted an EDT). It's definitely more intense, and, on contrary to the usual experience, the lime notes are detected more with EDP than with EDT.

I don't know how it happened that this scent has sneaked up on me so mysteriously. I'm glad it did as I never gave it much thought when I passed it countless times in the store.

ellaquintero
ellaquintero

This is the only perfume my dad's ever complimented me on. He often says "that doesn't smell bad" or "I tolerate that one of all of your perfumes". But today he asked "What are you wearing!? THAT one smells amazing on you".
I think that says a lot.
Great longevity, great projection, not overwhelming at all. No migraine, no allergies. Just lovely soft, kinda powdery vanilla. Lovely, elegant, and classy.
I like to wear this if I need something innocent but yet flirty.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

When I started out on my 'fragrance journey', if you will, I really enjoyed sweet perfumes, especially gourmands, but overtime some of them started to become cloying. The EDT of this perfume, however, manages to maintain such a lovely balance. It's sweet, but not overbearing. Light enough for warm weather, but very creamy and it sticks around all day. I love the almond smell, and the longer you wear Brit, the creamier and smoother it feels. I don't pick up on the citric notes as much. Perhaps more initially, but it's not at all sharp. I think maybe it's a juicy, sweet lemon I get.

Sierrasaurusrex
Sierrasaurusrex

This to me smells like an apple pie. Well not exactly, but almost, enough to make me think of fall and all the wonderful smells. :-)

ellina1984
ellina1984

This is my ultimate comfort scent. I wear it when I want to feel safe, relaxed, cuddly, reassured.

The opening is not to my liking, as there is a screechy, sharp citrusy accord that I do not enjoy at all. However, it barely lasts 3 minutes, and then it becomes sweet.

The sweetness is fruity-floral at first, but I can't detect the pear and peony per se. Soon, it ventures into more sugary - cupcakey territory, wherein I can feel some of the almond I see in the pyramid. The sweetness never becomes too much, as there's a blonde wood background that keeps this balanced. At times, there is a discreet masculine facet to this.

Burberry Brit moves towards its drydown very quickly. I don't think I have smelt any other non-linear perfume that reaches its drydown as quickly.

So, the drydown is all creamy: Sugar, vanilla and musk. I can smell some sandalwood, too, although it's not in the notes.

This is very classy, and I can see where they are coming from naming this "Brit": This is understated, minimally chic, and very close to the skin. I honestly don't know how anyone could overspay this.

It brings to mind a cup of sweet tea, served with rich cream, and a plate of plain vanilla cookies, early one lazy, hazy morning.

Burberry Brit has replaced my old love, Lancome Hypnose, which I cannot wear any more.

dragonzrule13
dragonzrule13

I tried this out at the mall and I was a bit disappointed in it because I was expecting this to smell more like a vanilla/almondy scent, but instead all I could smell was flowers. At first it kind of had a more peppery smell to it, but that sweetened out over a couple of hours. Overall, the overwhelming floral smell was offputting and almost reminds me of an old lady perfume, like a woman in maybe her 60's. But, I have a sensitive nose and most floral smells cause me to feel dizzy and like I am going to vomit.

arenee92
arenee92

I blind bought this and fell in love. Wondering, "where have you been all my life?!". The opening is slightly citrusy, yet woody, and I can definitely see how this could be masculine. I actually don't like it much at first, it's a little weird...like the notes are trying to battle for first place, they don't know where to go. But, as it dries, it settles into a sexy, sophisticated sweetness, that isn't cloying or immature. The woods in the base notes are absolutely sexy, and sensual! This is something you can dress up or down, jeans and a tee, a cocktail dress and louboutins. I can't say it enough times..sexy, sexy, sexy...

YdeGirl
YdeGirl

I really like the way this smells on others. It smells like dirty laundry on my skin. WHYYYYY?! :( So, so sad.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Brit smells like a celebrity perfume because the fruity-gourmand element is a bit overdone and synthetic. At first it reminded me of Annick Goutal Petite Cherie with its pear dominance. On paper I am in love with all of the notes--vanilla, pear, almond, peony--except lime. Combined with the amber and almond, the lime produces a safe, cozy and middling accord. I don't see how it's representative of English sensibilities at all, except in being reserved.

I don't hate it but I would even reach for Fantasy before this, which perhaps is saying something!

stardust808
stardust808

i just bought this from sephora but it smells exactly spot on like the beat...no vanilla, no amber...more fresh and citrus...i actually am questioning if the beat is in the wrong bottle (this brit bottle) because i own the beat and what is coming out of the brit bottle is the same thing....now i have to return it...sigh

ok, held onto this and tried it again soooo...this no longer smells exactly like the beat but it also doesn't smell like much of anything at all after about 30 minutes... yup this is going back. too bad it doesn't go the distance because it is actually scrumptious. the beat has really good lasting power so i'm disappointed that this burberry poops out so soon...oh well

glambert
glambert

When I spritzed a tester of Burberry Brit it smelled peppery/spicy and also had a touch of pear. It's the right amount of spice and sensuality but the pear makes it a little more wearable and not too overpowering. I usually don't go after perfumes with spicy notes because they end up being overpowering, but Burberry Brit's spices are soft and subtle. The dry down was pure sugar and vanilla on me. I loved this scent from beginning to end! Definitely adding this to my want list.

I tried this EDT version recently. It's quite well-balanced and enjoyable in my opinion. There's just enough sweetness and a good amount of fruits.
Delicious and elegant as Burberry usually is.
Worth a try.

Avarie

I've smelled this several times and can never reach a definite conclusion. Upon my first smell (on paper), I hated it because it somehow smelled like medicine. All the subsequent trials have flipped back and forth between too strong, just right, too sweet, I actually like the comfy almond scent... Right now I'm leaning towards "like." The sugar note is still a little much for me, since I don't normally like overly sweet perfumes, but I find that the almonds and lime balance the sugar just enough so that my arm doesn't smell like caramel. Young, but still mature enough to where you're not necessarily reminded of a high school girl wearing Juicy. And then when the sweetness fades off, that's where I get the most enjoyment out of this. It is soft, warm, somewhat nutty, nicely vanillic, and kind of enveloping and cozy. Only a tiny pinch of sugar remains, and finally the youthful sophistication of this scent settles in. The third scent on my list now... I wore Burberry London during my senior year of high school in rotation with Vera Wang's Princess (a gift) and a fruity-floral fragrance from Hawaii (fruity sweetness got tiring very quickly). At the time I Ioved the florals of Burberry London, but its drydown was not good friends with my skin. It even smelled a bit too mature for me. I feel like wearing Brit instead would have been better suited for me during that time, but I was afraid of smelling "too sweet." It's never too late to try! Hopefully I won't regret it like London!

auroramaria
auroramaria

This has become such a classic, British coolness in a bottle!
I love Burberry fragrances and I love Brit.
It is so comforting in its sweetness but can be perceived as elegant according to mood.
The opening is a beautiful burst of pear, almond and lime it then settles pretty quickly with vanilla almond and sugar becoming very sweet soft and creamy.
On me Brit lasts many hours, sillage is also very good.
For summertime I use the EDT and in Autumn/Winter I switch to the EDP they smell alike only the EDT is more citrusy but equally beautiful

nanapalooza
nanapalooza

Hm, as with most perfumes I encounter nowadays, I didn't really like it at first.. I received the EDT for my 18th birthday and immediately found the citrus opening to be too harsh.

But then it mellows out.. to a warm and very sweet vanilla and almond base with some hints of fruitiness; I love the dry-down so much better than the initial impression honestly. I wish there was less citrus, but that's just me!

And it's super long-lasting! This absorbs into my skin really well, and the scent lasts for over 10 hours. I like to spray it on and let it sit overnight so I can smell the faint vanilla/almond notes in the morning. :) Whoo.

elaheahsan
elaheahsan

I almost get NO vanilla,pear . It's not sweet but all fragrances which include vanilla note,are sweet.I only can get a weak hint of almond and lime which are't lovely near each other I wanted to buy it based on comments but my cousin said she hated it and recommended me to try it before purchasing it. When I tried it, my opinion changed.

ynde
ynde

This is a review for the EDT. While the EDP is too vanilla and a little boring on me, the lime and almost sugared almond stand out in the top notes of the EDT, giving a sweet but fresh feeling, supported by a light, clean vanilla. I don't get an overtly juicy pear note in this, which is good, as I can often have difficulty with pear notes and my skin chemistry. Becomes more warm over time, though not overly so - more for spring and autumn than winter. Very classy, refined, casual vanilla.

teadrinker
teadrinker

This is a very British scent. It's a classic scent, with strong tinges of nostalgia. The notes I smell most significantly are lime, pepper, vanilla, and some faint woods. The opening is mostly lime and pepper, but the vanilla is quickly apparent, and rounds out the scent. This is by no means a sharp lime. Given those notes, it's hard to really imagine the experience of the scent, and I've found that what it evokes is more important to me than the notes. This scent reminds me of an old manor house, classy and classic, but slightly down at its heels. It needs repairs, but it is still putting its best face forward. It brings to mind the old wood parlors, the sprawling grounds, and the titled family living inside. For an interpretation more in keeping with those of us living stateside, it brings to mind New England college campuses in the fall, not at the beginning of the semester, but around November, when the leaves are falling off the trees, and everything is dampened by a cold rain, and people seek shelter in a wood-paneled library. It's a shame I don't like vanilla better. If I was more fond of vanilla I think I'd be enamored with this fragrance. Instead, I just appreciate the images it invokes without really wanting to wear it.

stayclassy
stayclassy

I really love this one. I have the EDT, haven't tried the EDT side by side with the EDP, but from what my understanding their supposed to be the same fragrance, just the different strength. which is really nice, it so frustrating when the EDT's are different fragrances entirely from the EDP's.

I was worried with all the unisex comments because I'm not a big fan of those. I like my feminine fragrances but this doesn't smell that unisex to me. There's a sweetness to it that keeps it just to the feminine side I think. I'm guessing it's the mahogany? that gives it a great warmth, the other reviews that mention rainy/chilly days or winter, aren't wrong.

It's such a snuggly fragrance. A curl up in a comfy chair with a good book and blanket fragrance. That plus the vanilla/pear/almond sweetness is just fantastic. The EDT is on the 'lighter' side and would need a refresher at some point during the day, but that's the nature of EDT's. It's really a gorgeous fragrance.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

A very British creation by Burberry. I also associate its smell with cloudy and rainy days, maybe that's way I like to wear it on those typical days. Its fresh and pleasant scent is perfect for office wear.

Correio de Amanda
Correio de Amanda

I've got the EDT version and I enjoy wearing it when it's cool outside, during the day. The top notes are really fresh and carry a very noticeable lemon. After that, I can smell some sort of dessert made with pears and almonds. I usually avoid fragrances with a pear note, but I find this one surprisingly refined and elegant.

Eu tenho a sua versão EDT e gosto de usá-lo quando o tempo está fresco, durante o dia. A saída é bem fresca e traz um limão bem pronunciado. Depois disso, sinto algo como um doce de pêra com amêndoas. Quase sempre fujo de perfumes com a nota de pêra, só que por mais incrível que isso possa parecer, este é o caso de uma fragrância refinada, elegante.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

I love all Burberry scents. Brit is the calmer, softer and creamier version of London, yet it still has just as much staying power.

Where London is demanding, loud and in-charge, Brit is fun and uplifting with vanilla and amber. The mahogany keeps any cloying at bay. Because of this, it can be worn for any occasion, day or night. The description says it's sweet/fruity, which I don't get at all. Vanilla, yes. Powdery, yes. Sweet, hmmm...slightly. Fruit, no.
Regardless, I really enjoy it. I think it's great for fall/winter and even with a light hand in spring.

It is very creamy, deliciously so.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

This fragrance is probably something I'll always have in my collection - It's an every day, every season smell, and I've never found any other Burberry smells that I can stomach!

The scent of this perfume is EXACTLY what comes to mind when I envision the word "perfume". It's a little bit thick, and a little bit synthetic, and a touch peppery and fizzy. The opening has this quirky lime note that stands out above the rest, and there is a prominent vanilla aspect throughout the life of the scent. It smells "designer". Some of the time it takes on a pretty masculine quality (which I enjoy!), almost like a cologne.

I find this is something I love to wear in social settings, crowded places, and especially at work, as I am a makeup artist and I am close to people all day long - After the first 30 minutes, it is a softer, but still "dressed up" fragrance that I'm always in the mood to wear.

Longevity/Sillage also gets an A+.

Lali_7
Lali_7

The initial spray smells a little sour and masculine, but it quickly settles into a warm sweeter scent. Very nice and light, I really enjoy it.

brrandusa
brrandusa

Like most users before, I must admit this scent is all hugs and kisses and it's one of the few fragrances that made people in the street stop me and ask me about the perfume. Friends who hate sweet vanilla sugary perfumes simply bought it because they smelled it on me and loved it! The same happened some years ago with Sicily, another big love of mine.

galaxy86
galaxy86

Somehow only notes i get is lemon in opening and then straight to amber and vanilla. I am a sucker for pear notes and peony. And I never got either. Not even for fleating second. But it last long on my perfume drinker skin and that itself is a reason why I got this. But this smells a lot like country chic from bath & body works layered over Amber romance from Victoria's Secret.

Ascarlett
Ascarlett

I first tried this perfume on a strip in a store about two years ago. Hated it! It smelled awful! Then, I recently decided to try it again and sprayed it on my wrist. Wow! It smells so good! I can see how the initial smell of lime could be off-putting. It reminds me a little of a shot of tequila with lime, or a mojito or something. But it is also a fresh smell and the lime fades away pretty fast when the rest of the notes start to develop. It smells wonderful!! I can't stop spraying it. I don't usually like vanilla scents, but I think I am used to the vanilla-gourmand scents that smell like some kind of cake or food. This is more of an expensive bourbon vanilla than a sugar cookie. It doesn't smell like food, it smells sweet and warm and delicate. It is feminine and sexy and very classy, yet not too mature.

passion4fashion
passion4fashion

Mmmmmmm.....
Burberry Brit,
what a pleasant surprise with an inconspicuous name.

Warm vanilla, sweet almonds and a little bit of fresh zesty lime.
So wonderful, so lovely, so welcoming...
Brit actually makes me want to hug everyone, HAHA!
When the sky is dark and melancholic,
and the wind is cold and unforgiving,
wearing this might be a nice way to keep oneself from feeling as gloomy, because vanilla-y scents never fail to bring one warmth, comfort and of course, happiness. :)
You'll find yourself catching whiff and whiff of Brit from time to time throughout the day, it is a beautiful scent, very long-lasting and potent, so do not overdo it.

To me it almost smells like a warm cuddle with your loved one at a cold winter night.

yasmin.mochtar
yasmin.mochtar

Burberry Brit is a mild fresh vanilla and a hug

christinavictory
christinavictory

I honestly HATE this, which is such a shame, because based on the reviews and the notes it seemed like such a lovely fragrance. I want to like this, and it's very classy and warm on the paper strips, but on my skin it just smells like rotting almonds in a dumpster in Manhattan and it has a bizarre sweetness that just makes me nauseous. It's really such a shame because Burberry Brit Sheer is one of my absolute favorite scents and I was hoping that this would be its winter companion, since I don't seem to like a lot of "winter" scents. Curse my body chemistry that doesn't work with this perfume. :(

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

This perfume is sweet sensual goodness. Very classy and very sweet. Heavy in vanilla, sugar, and amber scents without being overpowering. I'm usually not a huge fan of heavily sweetened scents, preferring light florals instead, but this is probably the one scent like this that I actually love! Reminds me of a romantic evening in front of the fire at a log cabin in the winter. Absolutely beautiful!!!

theposhest
theposhest

Something about this perfume that makes you want to fall in love and sit by the fire place, wearing an adorable santa hat and a turtle neck. It's a wonderful treat for someone coming in for a hug is all I'm saying. Rich scent, with excellent vanilla notes.

LexValo
LexValo

I really wish this smelled good on me. On the scent strips, I love how it smells. It seems so warm and kinda spicy and fruity at the same time. But when I get it on my skin, it smells like I dove into a dumpster. And it's not only this one. My skin does the same to the rest of the burberry fragrances I've tried on as well, all except for the sheer.

Centsless
Centsless

This review is for the EDT version. I thought for sure this was something I could wear, but like some other reviewers, the lime takes over to the point of being masculine and off-putting. If only the vanilla was stronger, and less lime, I'm sure I would like this a lot. However, I must say, the sillage and longevity is *extremely* good for an EDT! Barely a like for me... I will pass it on to someone else.

xVal
xVal

I tried the EDP in the store, but bought accidently the Edt, though can't notice a big difference.
Edt is less sweet and you can definitely detect more of the lime, which balances the sweetness so well.
I have days when I just can't stand these "in your face" vanillary scents, so the edt is a plus..though the vanilla is really..subtle in Brit.
It's very rich, and grown up, even my mom liked this on me , and she stays away from sweet scents.
Nice staying power, 7 hours+ , on clothes holds for days.

Maine_girl
Maine_girl

I just discovered this fragrance, and LOVE it. I wore it all day today, and the weather was cold and dreary - this perfume just seemed cozy to me! I'm not crazy about the first blast - I get mostly lime initially. After the first couple of minutes, though, I'm in love. It's like a spicy vanilla. Perfect for fall and winter.

tracy.debloistalley
tracy.debloistalley

Vanilla, peony, almonds, mahogany, and sugar are the notes that stand out to me in this. This is a very adult fragrance in my opinion. It's not too sweet or strong and doesn't fall flat or really smell like anything else I own.

It lasts for a good amount of time and I get many compliments from it. I would say this is better worn at night and in winter. It's very sexy and I love it :)

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

This frag is young woman in a bottle.... also YUM in a bottle. It has an intangible air about it that makes you want to turn around and ask what you are wearing. The almond and vanilla are excellently blended with the tonka bean to create a lasting and delicious scent. It smells absolutely lovely and I intend to go an purchase this ASAP at my local winners for $40 for 50 ml. That to me is a steal.

Miriana93
Miriana93

This is a perfect night-time winter scent. I just love the smell of vanilla and milk - it is so cosy. It also smells very expensive and sophisticated and lasts all evening and until the next morning too. It is not my favourite perfume but it makes me feel good. It reminds me of Black Star by Avril Lavigne which is a slightly fruitier, less spicy dupe.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I just got the EDT -

I can see how people could find this sexy, but it isn't smokey eyed-stiletto-and-leather wearing sexy. It is a jeans and white tee, more natural sexy - more love and affection than lust. I love the combination of almond and vanilla and the pear and lime add a lightness and playfulness. This is just an all around alluring perfume, magnetic and just sophisticated enough. Such a great buy!! Thumbs WAY up.

CozyCat
CozyCat

You know those online quizzes for women that go something like 'What kind of SEXY are you?', well this is what the natural type of sexy girl would wear. Someone sensuous who turns heads, and then you find out that she's also down-to-earth, genuine, warm and easy to gel with. I used to find the lime abit too much, now I like it, together with pear it adds a fresh, perky dimension to the luscious vanilla-tonka-almond combo and makes it a beautiful scent fit for everyday, I personally love to wear it to work and also for casual dates, when I want to smell sexy without seeming like I'm trying. I think Rachel Weisz would have also been a perfect face for this scent, not just for Burberry London. My favorite scent by Burberry. And yes I have to say the vanilla in it does remind me of Addict (another one I love), that balmy, lush sort of vanilla... Mmmmm...Brit is just more relaxed, more cuddly, and perky. Even though it's not my sig, and not even in my Top 3, if I had to pick a single perfume which best mirrors my personal style, it would be Brit, without a question.

I see this as a year-round scent, but only indoors or evenings in the warmer months (wouldn't feel comfortable wearing this outside on a sunny day). As for winter, I actually prefer the richer, sweeter sillage-demons when it's really cold, and this isn't one of those. I just got this scent, and so far, I don't have a problem with the longevity, and the sillage lingers around me softly, without ever being intrusive.

Eirlys
Eirlys

Burberry Brit is one of the most sophisticated fragrances I have tried. This perfume is how I imagine British women would smell like, sophisticated and confident. I wear this on days when I need an extra boost of confidence (presentation/speech/something important.) When I wear this I feel like I can take on everything.

It smells kinda masculine at first, but I think that's how it makes feel more confident. It lasts about 4-5 hours on me, so it's not very long lasting on my skin. Out of all the Burberry fragrances, this one I like the most!

blakie44
blakie44

This perfume is a perfect winter/fall scent, I don't really see myself wearing this in the hot summer months. It starts of with that burst of lime and a hint of vanilla and almonds, but on my skin it dries down to a wonderful clean and not to sweet vanilla and almond fragrance. It is really comforting and cosy for me and just makes me think about sitting in front of a fireplace with a warm blanket around you. I really like it! Plus staying power is incredible, last for 10 hours on my skin but I can still smell it on my scarf days after.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

Why be Skipper when you can be Barbie? I feel like BRIT is the younger, less worldly by far, sister of DIOR ADDICT. She's jealous of her accomplished sibling, and never seems able to hold her own. She hasn't lived enough. Some might say the innocence is endearing, but I'd argue that it's limiting. BRIT is too small and narrowminded.

Overall, BRIT plays tennis well, but she pouts when she loses.

I liked Brit very much when I was younger, even considered buying it. However, now I dislike it, cause something included into middle notes, totally annoys me.
To put it shortly: top notes are nice, fresh, with prominent pear. Middle notes... possibly too much almond. Base notes - nice again.
Pity, cause I like the bottle very much.
Luckily, I like Brit Sheer very much, so I will possibly have similar bottle on my shelf, to please my eyes every day, till fragrance runs out.

Update: I've tested it again and still, bitter almonds. Not my cup of tea.

kellymi
kellymi

They started with some citrusy lime, and then the noses said "we should throw in some vanilla for the masses". The final product--meh.

On my skin it separates the brightness of the lime and the warmth of the vanilla and almond and turns it into something weird.

I envy those with the body chemistry to wear any scent!

rissa551

I got my best friend this perfume for her birthday and after smelling it on her, I had to get myself a bottle. Upon sampling it for myself, I noticed that something did smell a bit of, but attributed it to the fact that I had just tried several other perfumes. I proceeded to buy myself the 3.4 oz bottle. Unfortunately, I had to give it to my friend. I could not sand the way it smelled on my skin... there was something sour and curdling about it. I completely attribute it to my own body chemistry, because it smells lovely on her. Burberry Brit Sheer smells amazing on me though.

lirael00
lirael00

The Burberry perfumes for me represent something very classy and sophisticated. Something that stays with you forever.I wanted to buy this one, because I vaguely remember that I've tried it few years ago and loved it for the time being.
So I was really excited when I got a small bottle and I sprayed it on my wrist and...lime. Just lime? Yes just lime, and not very good one. It smelled like a toilet cleaner. I was sure my mind and smell were playing tricks on me. And they were, big time.I was so in shock that for a couple of minutes I occupied myself with something else, and then I smelled my wrist again and bang...pure magic! This perfume has totally transformed it's smell from lime-yuck to a classy sophisticated smell with a hint of a lime and almonds. I felt tremendous relief. This one is a classic.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I usually go for the super sweet celeb fragrances (I don't really care who "made" it, I have Prada Candy and Snooki!) because I adore sweet gourmands, foody, and fruit. I do like this. It's the classiest in my collection, but reminds me of Tattoo by Michel Germain and Avril Lavigne's Black Star. (Tattoo for the lime and Avril for the ???)
Brit on me seems to hold onto the lime throughout, even tho my friend says she can only detect the almond and vanilla.
Now that I have the EDP, I am really wanting the EDT, but I shouldn't be spending more...
The EDP longevity and potency was so-so. I really don't smell it at 1pm and I sprayed at 7-8am.

tdonny.kri kri
tdonny.kri kri

A warm and sexy scent. It's like lime-vanilla-almond combo and the EDP's really long lasting. This perfume grows on me and now I love it for winter days or summer night.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

Pretty, soft, sexy, but not extraordinary. I think it definitely needs time to settle and grow on you. The almond and vanilla are unmistakeable, and add a wholesome quality to the overall vibe.

daiane
daiane

Bom no primeiro momento, depois péssimo. Cheiro de perfume de bailão, no calor nem pensar. O Fleur do Boticário deve ter se inspirado nele. Horrivel.

izainbox
izainbox

I have the EDT. It starts citrusy and as time passes by the vanilla scent becomes noteworthy, sweet, sugary, and warm. It smells pleasant, just don't put it too much. 4 spritz: wrist, sides on neck, and chest. The scent lasts for 6 to 8 hours. I recommend this to be worn during cold days. When I wear this, and others smell it, they generally describe me "You smell sweet." Rating: 3.5/5.0

liban23
liban23

This review is for the EDP:

The opening of Brit is harsh lime. Harsh enough to put me off from wearing this for awhile because of how strong the lime is. It gives the perfume the effect of being "off" when you smell it straight from the nozzle. I wonder if the EDT has the same effect.

Today, I decided to revisit Brit. The lime opening lasts for about 5-10 minutes on my skin before Brit transitions into the next phase. The heart and dry-down of Brit are beautiful, and are the reason why I am able to put up with the harsh opening.

Once dried, Brit turns into a beautiful spicy warm vanilla fragrance, with a slight floral twist. I'm not sure where the spice comes from? Perhaps from the almond but regardless it blends perfectly. Brit has a slight sweetness to it, but it is nothing close to being sickly sweet. It has just the right touch.

I wouldn't say that Brit is a groundbreaking fragrance, but I definitely like it and enjoy wearing it. On my skin the longevity isn't great, maybe 6 hours.

Juliana6

I have both edt and edp and love them both. I've already written a review about the edt, so this is about the edp.

I think it's the famous Burberry scarf in the bottle- warm, elegant, but still good for everyday wear without being too elegant. A very good all rounder. It's stronger than edp, sharper, deeper, louder, the almond note is more pronounced. Sweet, nutty, deliciously fruity. Excellent for cold weather.

e31g
e31g

My new favorite! I just discovered this fragrance thanks to a friend. I find it to be surprisingly both refreshing and warm making it (in my opinion) a great daily perfume. It smells sophisticated and pretty neutral I'd wear it day and night as well as in all seasons. I bought both the EDT and EDP at the Nordstrom rack discounted, neither smell overpowering on me. Mixed with my chemistry the lime and pear are stronger than the vanilla, so I spray it on my clothes as well I seem to smell the vanilla better this way. This scent lasts for days on my clothes! I wish the staying power was a little better on my skin however. It may just be me but this scent reminds me of honey, I like to pair it with honey lotions.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I agree with the comments about the lime being too strong. I have tried this several times. I had not read the notes but tested it out of intrigue. I honestly thought the perfume was off. I thought it had been sitting under the lights on the display cabinet for too long. Some perfumes have a bitter, spicy smell when they are off because they have been warm under the display lights.

When I looked on Fragrantica and noticed that lime was the culprit it made more sense. I understand Burberry probably put this note in to make this a less gourmand run of the mill vanilla, amber type perfume but the lime just clashes to me it doesn't blend nicely.

As always I will keep trying this perfume on different days to see what I think but so far it is a miss for me simply because I don't like the prickly, spicy lime it makes the perfume smell rancid to me.

It did last very well unlike a lot of the vanilla themed perfumes of today so if you can get past the lime note then this is worth a purchase and it is sold very cheaply now. Nice bottle too the tartan pattern really suits the overall image of this fashion house. This perfume has been around for quite a while and sells very well for a reason so I will keep trying:)

lahoorah
lahoorah

A bright, yet warm fragrance. Feminine and oozing with elegance.

The lime crusted with sweet almond bursts initially, but the peony creeps through to mellow out the citrus, then gets enveloped by vanilla like a giant bear hug.

This one just clicks with my body chemistry. I picked Brit up on a whim (open box on clearance at a discount store), and fell in love with it from the get-go. I'll continually repurchase, since I do love hearing "What are you wearing? You smell so good!" being thrown around whenever I wear this. A giant yay from me!

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

This is one of my favorite scents, it reminds me of a beautiful morning sipping english tea with a touch of bergamot and laced with a pear note, along with having a slice of angel food cake with a dollop of vanilla and tonka bean cream sprinkled with toasted almonds, as you savor the your dessert you feel and smell a soft and gentle floral breeze in the wind, I can see why many love this scent, it's sweet, warm, refreshing and light. Good for spring, summer and chilly days

trishtan
trishtan

Nice fragrance. Fresh, soft, sweet, warm, powdery. Strong English tradition & personality. Really suits to wear in English weather. The cold weather. I don't really like vanilla scent but Brit is acceptable. Sweet but didn't cause headache. Even here in my tropical country, I found that people like to wear Brit too. Maybe because Brit is one of the popular fragrance world wide or simply just because it brings warm feeling to your heart & keep you calm. Good longevity too.

torkwan
torkwan

I like this perfume a lot! The first spray itself smells fresh, but the dry down is incredible. Very warm and vanilla-like. I'm not a huge vanilla fan or anything, but this is enough sweetness and warmth without being too sickly sweet.

I think it's is appropriate for year-round, one spray is enough in the summertime as it's very strong. I can often smell it on my skin the next day even after scrubbing in the shower. It's a nice rounded scent that's inoffensive and classy.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

My partner wears men's Brit and I love it, I sometimes wear it for myself :) So I had to try the women's one too. It was a bit of a let down for me, I would have really liked it but the almond smells medicinal on my skin. The drydown was great with long lasting vanilla and tonka but the almond was still there, not agreeing with my chemistry.

teadrr
teadrr

Its opening is magical and enchanting. But its dry down is blah and one note only. I was so excited to introduce this to my scent shy bf. I wore it all day and finally asked him to smell my skin. He said “vanilla” and that’s all that was left of this perfume. Just regular vanilla. Boring and generic. I can see why this appeals to the masses. Nothing strange or daring in this scent profile. No surprises just a steady reliable vanilla. Good option if you like vanilla. Not overpowering either.

IamWoman
IamWoman

Burberry Brit brings to my mind a dessert I recently saw on one of the food networks: a simple slice of pound cake covered with a spoonful of citrus-cream sauce. The cake slices had been toasted, so there was this melding of the warmth of the vanilla-laced cake with the coolness of the zesty cream sauce. This melding is what I get from Burberry Brit...the warmth of vanilla, the delicious creamy candied pear, the initial zestiness of lime, and the sprinkling of almond. As it dries down, the amber and tonka bean add a soothing, even sensual quality that help create an overall feeling of coziness. Someone earlier used the word, "beguiling" to describe this fragrance. That's the word I would choose as well. It's elegant; it's classic; it's warm and cozy, and it's crisp. Yet, it's very simple and unoffensive. Once again, Burberry has created a unique beauty all its own; one which I honestly had to wear a few times in order to understand and appreciate, and one which is now a permanent member of my fragrance collection.

plaintain1
plaintain1

Simply found this one boring plus I didn't like the bottle design.

angieluvsscents
angieluvsscents

My favorite perfume ever. Its perfect warm sweet alittle zest from the lime. If I had to pick one perfume for the rest of my life this would be it!

Pari88
Pari88

I've had the same bottle for over 2 years and I use this very sparely. But, I crave it occasionally, and when I do use it, it is absolutely phenomenal. It is the female version of Paco Rabannes 1 Million, which is just delicious in my opinion. So warm and toasty. This fume wraps me in a warm blanket of deliciousness. Bitter lime in the first spray mixed with sweetness, and then a warm slightly benzoin like feel, probably from the almonds and tonka. Then it just dries down to this warm delicious smell, all the while the bitterness is lingering in the background keeping it from going into Cupcake territory. 2 sprays will do and last and last. Oh, and the silage is Excellent!
A perfect Autumn frag. It makes me crave some Autumn Spice Tea or a nice warm Pumpkin Spice Latte. I love it, it's very special and very unique.

agado
agado

such a nice and warm scent! great for cold seasons. getting loads of complements when wearing it ;-)

carollyncheeyen
carollyncheeyen

Perfume is a strange thing... It may work absolutely wonderful on one person, but a total turn off for another. In this case, it was a wrong buy for me. Was intending to buy the Sheer version since I smelled it in the Airport, bought the wrong version.

It smelled too cloying to me, it feels sick on my skin, the almond-vanilla combination made it smell like medicine to me, and I am already working in a hospital:(
I didn't like it at all and it stood there for 3 years hardly used. But when one of my colleagues tried it on her I thought it was divine. How strange. I ended up giving the 100ml bottle to her. Better to give it to the right person than me using it to spray in my car.

Kimreu
Kimreu

This is so demure and feminine. At first spray I smell lemon...but not sharp pungent citrusy lemon (which I dislike...) but more of an expensive lemon and almond cookie from a high end bakery. It dries down a bit powdery to keep it from smelling to 'foody'...I absolutely LOVE this scent. My cousin who lives in London wears this all the time. She is very beautiful and classy and lives a very extravegant lifestyle but is also very down to earth...this scent suits her well.

lily13ana

After I tested this second time I had the same feeling I've got from the new D&G pour femme. only Brit is better candle like smell.

EBaby
EBaby

Beautiful, comfy fragrance. My go-to for Fall. Sweet without being overwhelming. Warm without smothering. Almost makes me excited that cooler weather is on the way...

Ksantina
Ksantina

Nice, clean, warm and romantic. It's an everyday perfume

Fatima Fabiola
Fatima Fabiola

Does anyone think that it smell like Amor Amor (classic) by Cacharel? The diferences are that BB is softer , has a clear citrus accord, and in consecuence, is fresher. All these things are positive for BB, but but I don't like Amor Amor... so I won't buy neither one. Maybe is an alternative for those who loves Amor Amor , but think that it's strong.

Oh, I forgot.. main accords are almost the same.

SayakaP
SayakaP

This was a gift from my friend.
She knew I like Vanilla based fragrance.

Sadly it didn't work on me... It was way too strong and smelled bitter.
It reminded me of The Body Shop's Vanilla oil which had some bitterness in it.

I ended up giving the bottle to a work colleague.
To be honest, I directed the same bitterness from her too... She didn't mind it though.

cocodust
cocodust

so disappointed! I ordered this online as a blind buy as all the reviews sounded wonderful and the notes too. Admittedly there was something pretty nice underneath but it was just ruined by the lime for me. Too much lime, too sharp and cutting for the vanilla/almond underneath. my bottle is being returned :(

Dee21
Dee21

I'm a self-confessed perfume junkie, and have too many in my collection. I've never written a review for Brit, but I think it's high time I do, as I find myself reaching for it several times a week, even though I have many others to choose from.

In a nutshell - I absolutely love this fragrance. Spring, summer, autumn, winter, I reach for this baby. Now that autumn has clicked into place, I find this particular time of year really brings out the best in this perfume. I'm not one to describe notes, so I'll say this - it's warm, alluring, comforting, classy, sweet, and simply makes me feel happy. I can smell a wee bit of citrus in the beginning, and then it's just warm, addictive vanilla goodness for the rest of the day. And when I say the rest of the day, I do mean that - this juice lasts and lasts, no matter if I spray it on my skin or on clothes, I can smell it the next morning before my shower. Sprayed on a scarf, I will smell this weeks later - amazing! Sillage is just where I want it - big enough that people WILL smell this, but not so much that it punches them in the face. I've had nothing but compliments over the years wearing this, and as long as Burberry continues to produce this fragrance, I will continue to purchase it. I currently have two bottles in my stash - need I say more?

If you haven't tried this classic, I highly recommend you do if you like fresh, sweet, classy, compliment inducing scents!

Best wishes from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada ♥

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

I love this beautiful fresh vanilla scent, its certainly one of my favourite perfumes ever! I have heard though, that it is being discontinued! :0 I will need to get a big 100ml bottle for x mas...maybe two!

EwieBro
EwieBro

Tried it at the airport. Smells very nice and vanillaish!

aleena sam
aleena sam

Love it... it makes me romantic

rissa551

This is just not a fragrance that works well with my body chemistry. I had to give it to a friend because of how horrible it smells on me. I wanted to like this, I really did. I'm glad however, that Burberry Brit smells like a completely different perfume on my friend compared to the sour barf, synthetic vanilla effect it had on me. So don't be put off by a negative review, but I would encourage you to try this out before you buy, instead of blindly wasting 80 or so dollars.

tanpeached
tanpeached

You're definitely hit with lime and vanilla straight away which it really nice. As it dries, the lime leaves, sadly and you get vanilla and musk. But I adore this scent no matter what happens to it. It's in my top 5 for a reason. I like to wear it in the fall and winter because of the warm dry down.

hohohosan
hohohosan

i have bought it blindly on the net and i was worried about the scent. fragrantica says it is 'sweet' and i hate sugary fragrances. anyway, i have EDP version of it, the smell is not sugary (thanks god). i will keep it until the winter comes, because everybody says it is a winter scent. result: the creator of this perfume is successful :)

FragranceSwettie
FragranceSwettie

I have this but in EDT version, but seem like there is no page for the edt in fragranctical. It smell kinda like men cologne at 1st spray maybe due to the lime? Those lime smell so fresh and sharp that for the moment i will feel the punch of men cologne perfume. Well, but it doesn't smell bad for this case in my opinion. As, I'm those that like unisex perfume at times. Ok back to it, when the perfume slowly settle, that is the time u will start to smell your sweet vanilla ^^ Well, but for my body chemistry case, it seem like all the perfumes that have vanilla ingredient will smell all the same on me lol (eg midnight fantasy, meow). I have to say that, I wasn't very comfortable with this perfume at 1st but after trying a few times I start to feel alright with it. Though as I had mentioned earlier, all the vanilla perfume seem the same on me, I just couldn't detect what's that "special"note in Brit that makes me feel uncomfortable. Thanks god, it started to grow on my skin now ^^

Overall, not my top fragrance still.. hmmm but really worth to have it for all the lady out there, that want to have a sweet perfume which don't smell like a cheap one :) This is more of a sophisticated sweet smelling vanilla. 7.5/10 for me.

Jenny Zhu
Jenny Zhu

I absolutely love Burberry Brit. I got the EDP version and the lasting power is really good. I like how it smells sweet but sophisticated at the same time!

Smunky
Smunky

This is for the EDT. I really enjoy the refreshing citrusy opening I get - I really wish it lasted longer. Actually, I wish the whole thing had lasted longer. It dries down to a nice, mellow safe vanilla that is very much a skin scent on me after about an hour despite having spritzed at least 2 dozen times. An hour after that it was basically gone. I will have to try the EDP, but the EDT is, on me, a safe, rather boring vanilla with very weak longevity and sillage.

olymailo
olymailo

LOVE IT!!!reminds me country side at fall

kirinie
kirinie

I tested the EDP in the store and ended up buying the EDT at TJ Maxx. Both really start with lime that has a bit of a bite to it, but the pear and almond come out faster in the EDT. The EDT gets to the drydown and fades faster than the EDP, but both end on a really lovely, creamy vanilla with some tonka and a touch of amber and almond.

curlygirlpaula
curlygirlpaula

Never tried the EDP version. I own the EDT and it is so beautiful. It never aggravates my allergies. Upon first spritz it smells like a men's cologne. Three minutes later I begin to smell almonds, amber, Tonka bean and a hint of vanilla and lime. It stays that way all day on my skin nice and creamy. Best fragrance I've ever owned!

UPDATE: Still love this fragrance, but it has become my cold weather/holiday fragrance. It is a bit to sweet on me in the spring/summer.

Mbg85
Mbg85

This perfume is one of my absolute favorites! Warm, nutty, and slightly fruity, the epitome of sultry and comforting all at the same time. I get compliments all the time when I wear this, it is perfect for a brisk fall day. I usually have a hard time with vanilla but this one is so well balanced that it just works beautifully!

gabri
gabri

After a warm day I wanted something to make me feel refreshed. I had Burberry Brit but never tried it. I like the green lemon mixed with other essenses..Very well balanced .

jdokicfan
jdokicfan

Blind bought this because it seemed interesting and also generally well loved by everyone. I love sweet perfumes and I thought this would be a great addition to my collection. The opening for me is powerful lime, like I literally squeezed a lime onto my palm which was very disappointing but soon after it softens and the vanilla really comes through and this is where this perfume works for me! I like it, but definitely it seems overrated to me and not as amazing as people seem to be saying.

vanillary29
vanillary29

Review for the EDP :

This one is delicious! It is a comforting, fluffy scent that envelopes you in a warm hug. The vanilla is perfect creamy goodness, and the almond gives it a cozy, bittersweet feel. But all along, Brit never loses its freshness and never feels sickly or cloying. It is light, outdoorsy yet warm and comforting, sort of like winter morning's sunshine. I love it!

LexiDeRock
LexiDeRock

Love love love this perfume on other people, can spot it from a table away and adore it. On myself however, after many attempts in various weather I have found that Burberry Brit does not love me. Go figure! Wasn't meant to be.

psychocook
psychocook

this one is just wonderful. i'm getting to be quite a fan of burberry. i've been hunting for a signature scent for a while now. and after a long (and expensive!) search, i think i've found it. at first spray it smells a little spicy and citrusy but quickly dries down to a lovely vanilla, almond and amber. just feels perfect for me.:-)

itsallgood
itsallgood

I found a small bottle of the EDT on clearance at Target and bought it out of curiosity. I'm not sure what I think about it. I get lime from beginning to end and not very much vanilla. It lasts a very long time. I've never experienced lime in perfume, and the overall effect is cool and maybe even minty (or maybe I'm thinking mojito). I wore it on a very hot day and maybe that's why I'm reminded of a tall, cold drink of something tasty. I don't think this is something I will wear often, but I will definitely wear it again, perhaps on a day that is less hot so that vanilla or pear will stand out a little more. I'm glad I bought it though. This is certainly a distinctive perfume.

Edit: I wore this again on a day that was cool (the EDT). The vanilla and pear did come out, which was nice. I still smelled the mint after several hours. I think what surprised me the most with this vanilla-ish perfume is that the entire time I wore the perfume on this cool day, it never smelled sweet, nor did it offer comfort. Instead, it was low-key, a pleasant neutral, at least on me. Not a keeper, but I definitely understand why it is so popular. Dare I say it? I might even like this perfume on a man.

Jama4

The EDP contains more vanilla while the EDT contains more lime.

I love the EDP!!! LIke many other Burberry perfumes this scent changes as the day goes on, and smells different everytime I wear it.

Skin Type: oily
Office safe: yes if applied very lightly
Potency: Medium (2-5 sprays)
Timing: any time of the year
Projection: arms length
Longevity: 8 hrs +
Price : $43 for 100ml / 3.3 oz at fragrancenet.com
Packaging: 8/10 classic Burberry packaging

Will I Repurchase: YES

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

I really wanted to love this. The notes and everything about it I was almost sure i'd love it. But alas, once it was on, I smelled overwhelming pear and lemon that kept the gourmand drydown from coming through as it should have. Perhaps if I would of left it on for a few hours to really see how it evolved on my skin-but the pear smell was like a way too strong rancid pear. I couldn't do it ;( The notes sound so delic at drydown though.. I will continue to keep trying this one cause it's one perfume I've always wanted to like for some reason!

arrokaj
arrokaj

like it .burberry never disappoints .classy

murillocezar
murillocezar

hey girls, EDT or EDP is considered more unisex? there is much difference between edt and edp?

summerwong13
summerwong13

I don't know why my bf doesn't like the perfumes I like and only like me wearing the really sweet and girly ones. I actually quite like this kind of stronger perfume

Leek
Leek

Usually I go for EDP's, they just last longer and I like my perfumes to last a long time on my skin. But this time is different. The EDP is deliciously sweet, but as it's very strong at the beginning, it dies down quite quickly for an EDP, in my opinion.
The EDT lasts quite the same time and the scent is slightly different: Sweet, but not too sweet. It's fresh at the beginning, the freshness prevents it from being overly sweet and suffocating. Then it evolves into a beautiful vanilla and almonds scent.
I love the nuttiness of this fragrance, and I absolutely prefer the EDT.

paojaime
paojaime

This review is for the EDT. Most of my fragrances are either fruity/florals or more musky. I think Burberry Brit is gorgeous, it's got a perfect amount of lime and it dries down to a not-too-sweet almond/vanilla. I tried it out a long time and purchased a small bottle of the EDT today. I ideally would like to purchase the EDP for lasting power, but this will do for now.

For starters, my boyfriend liked this. He likes my very fruity girly fragrances with a little bit of musk or sandalwood, but he liked this. It is a perfect vanilla. I will say, however, that while it's drying down it smells almost exactly like Armani Code on my skin. So much so, that if I had them side by side I would probably not be able to tell the difference. After a while though, Brit settles into that very yummy vanilla base that isn't so prominent on Armani Code (I get more ginger and citrus with Armani).

I recommend it, and the lasting power on the EDT is pretty good for not being a parfum.

NicoleO
NicoleO

I was really enjoying this for the first hour, and just when I was thinking it would be a keeper, all I could smell were almonds. So disappointing.

bantamphoenix
bantamphoenix

I wanted to like this perfume so much, but when I finally got to try it, I was so disappointed! I love citrus, woods, and peony, so the scent profile sounded fantastic in theory. But upon application... all I got was musk and vanilla. After I'd worn it for about half an hour, even the musk was gone; all that was left was heavy, cloying vanilla.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I've sampled this perfume several times now and on me it's a mature and creamy, nutty-vanilla-pear scent - a bit similar to Jessica Simpson Fancy, perhaps a bit more grown up than Fancy. I know that many reviewers get a prominent lime note with this fragrance but on me the lime note is fairly subtle and almost non-existent upon dry down. I like it.

lily13ana

I don't like this perfume at all, in the base it smells like a cheap car vanilla odoriser.

Kysyona
Kysyona

This is a scent with no sharp edges. It is like an olfactive equivalent perfect woman's figure dressed in a tight babysoft angora dress in some edible pastel colour. Once I have extra cash to fork out on a bottle of this juice, it will definitely my "security blanket" frag: it is just so soft and silky and almost childishly naive! - this is for non-femme fatale days, when one just wants a little bit of calmness or just feels laid back and casual. I applaud Burberry for the originality: lime and vanilla is like an oddball couple: nobody could have ever imagined how well these polarities could co-exist! Lime is bright and joyful here, with a barely there minty-ness, and it is lime, imho, that makes this frag sound modern and young at heart, no matter what age the wearer is. Vanilla takes the sharpness and bitterness completely out of the picture and leaves exactly what is needed to differentiate itself from other more conventional vanillas: a nice warm green breeze. Strangely enough, I think exactly of a typical burberry pattern when I smell this: the essence of this label is so well captured here! - understated, casual but with a tonic in it and an upbeat character. Despite the fact it is a comfy scent, I don't feel like vegetating while wearing it: lime calls for action in the sunshine: a brisk walk with girlfriends, horse riding, cycling - just moving around somewhere outside the city soaking up the spring sun. The bottle is simply gorgeous, überstylish, so british in a way: such a pleasure to catch a glimpse of it on a dresser!

vloterbiegje
vloterbiegje

I had been searching for the perfect creamy vanilla scent for quite some time when I received a sample of this. I was very suprised that the delicious perfume that I regularly caught a sniff of on the streets, turned out to be Burberry Brit. To me, the feminine softness of the smell is not quite what I expected from the brand with the very traditional, conventional checkered patterns. I associate this scent with summer, with having coffee on the sidewalk or strolling the back alleys of let's say Milan... But this vanilla scent is just as suitable for winter.
I think it works pretty well with my body chemistry as I find other vanilla perfumes sometimes cloying (Kenzo! Poison!) or too much like cookies (The Body Shop), but not this one. The secret might be in the perfect blend. In the opening notes I do smell the lime and pear, which I like but don't love. Very soon after the drydown, the scent becomes so well rounded that I find it hard identifying the individual components. As I said, I would describe the smell as a creamy vanilla (and in this form it lasts a long time). I would say the almonds have something to do with this as well. The mahogany, tonka bean etc I cannot distinguish but they are probably what saves this perfume from becoming too gourmand. I repeat, I do not want to smell like a cookie (all the time ;)).
In conclusion: it took me some time to get used to the idea of owning a Burberry perfume but this scent is just too good. Another reviewer mentioned a 'security blanket' feeling with this, which I definitely share. The only downside is that sooo many people already own this (at least one friend and one co-worker) that it looses some potential as signature scent...

ILove2SmellGood
ILove2SmellGood

I do have to ay that I love the whole burberry line, Burberry Brit and Weekend, are my all time favorites. I have been trying to find the Burberry Brit Gold but since I have never seen it in stores I assume it was a limited edition..I want to try it, but W/O knowing how it will smell on me I just don't want to pay $50+ dollars. I love the outdoor smell of this perfume, I don't know why but everytime I put it on I smell a faint scent of peppercorns. I hope Burberry keeps this scent because it is a classic

This perfume is one strong fragrance! It's not a floral smell. IT's a more nutty warm smell.-like Vanilla.... definitely not rose like. This is a perfume you want to leave lingering on your clothes after you wear it. //SSmells like viva la juicy but definitely better!! If you're deciding which one to buy.... Burberry brit is definitely nicer and more sophisticated. I love it better.Stays on longer too.
Got it for myself first,and then my older sister bought it for me for /valentines day. I really love it and hope to repurchase it after I run out. /the boys go wild over it.

jamdavmiller
jamdavmiller

A beautiful, lively, sexy fragrance. I bought a small bottle of this for my wife. A great gift for your lover.

GMK
GMK

A beautifully blended perfume dominated by sweetness of vanilla , not heady as usually female fragrance use to be... sillage and projection is v. good.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

It's like a clean laundry washed with good quality washing powder. Clean, nothing warm about it. Citrusy vanilla watered down by pear. I would consider it early spring/summer fragrance but for me there is nothing here that makes me give it second chance. It's nice but seems too common.

HeyJack303
HeyJack303

Girlfriend in college used to wear this, I always thought it smelled extremely sexy. Of all the perfumes she had, this was the one I always wanted her to wear (except for a secret one I bought her that is no longer made). Definitely recommend to any ladies looking for a perfume that'll get a guy's attention.

vanilla-lovers
vanilla-lovers

i've tried the EDT version, and for me, ridiculosly, it's smell like TM Alien.

i'm happy because Alien is much more expensive ..

Kiera79
Kiera79

I usually shy away from sweet scents, but I'm really liking this! It just smells so delicious. The combo of pear and vanilla is beautiful.

nikkirasmussen
nikkirasmussen

I have this, but it has zero staying power. Rather bland and boring on my skin. I will wear it to work if anything.

temporal
temporal

It's perfectly balanced fragrance for autumn and winter, good for many occasions. A sweet note, listed in description, is not artificial here. The fragrance is warm, cozy, uplifting, great companion for everyday, pleasant and friendly for people around.

Kain
Kain

One of the few women fragrances that drive me crazy!
It's a great, sexy and very pleasant fragrance and as a man I love it!
At the opening you can smell semi sweet and creamy vanilla scent mixed with pear which is the fruity part of the scent and some white and bright floral notes mixed with it.
This simple combination is just like magic and create a very charming and beautiful scent.
Every note is right in it's place and there is no overdose of any note. very well balanced.
As time goes by, the fruity scent start to decay and it's time for more vanilla, amber and some almonds to shine. base is just as great as the opening. very yummy and sexy scent.
Projection is above average and longevity is good.
Totally recommended.
یه عطر بسیار عالی و خوشبو زنانه که بوی بی نهایت جذاب و خوبی داره
رایحه اولیه این عطر بوی نسبتا شیرین و خامه ای مانند وانیل هست که بوی کاملا مشخص گلابی باهاش ترکیب شده
این ترکیب رو بوی بسیار ملایمی از رایحه های گلها همراهی میکنن که در مجموع یه ترکیب ساده، ولی بی نهایت خوشبو و جذاب ایجاد میکنن و به نظر من راز این بوی موفق دز بسیار بالانس و مناسب ترکیبات این عطر هست
همه چیز سر جاشه و هیچی توی ذوق نمیزنه
در ادامه بوی میوه ای گلابی شروع به ضعیف شدن میکنه و شما بوی قویتر و کمی شیرینتر وانیل رو حس میکنین و یه بوی خیلی ملایم و نسبتا تلخ از رایحه بادام
پخش بو و ماندگاری خوبی داره
به خانوما شدیدا توصیه میشه
شخصا از بوش خیلی خوشم اومد

dvd stevi
dvd stevi

sexy..

Orshi
Orshi

Wow! You know when you test perfumes and most of the time you think: nice, not bad, etc..And then there are some very rare ones when you just KNOW right away that this is IT! Burberry Brit is like that for me,as soon as I smelled it, I knew a 100% that I'm getting it! It's amazing, comforting, expensive smelling. It's a must have. :)

sayrmaillah@yahoo.com
sayrmaillah@yahoo.com

both the edp and edt just smell the same!!!

jackieee
jackieee

i defenitly smell pear and amber in this . its a nice sweet scent id prefer it for the winter sort of reminds me of dreaming by tommy hilfiger

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

One thing i know is for sure ladies is that there is nothing but knock off's online with this one.Please get the original at Macy's or somewhere because i got a fake online and they are everywhere now that i know what to look for and i tried this at Macy's first thank God so i know what it smells like and the boxes are different and so is the stamping on the bottom of the bottle and the bottom of the box is way off it shouldn't be stickers of fake folded stamp on's on the box..compare pictures of the real and fake...Now the fake one is all citrusy like lemon lime with almond towards the mids and will smell very masculine because of the added alcohol..but this is not so with the original..the original is like wearing Coco Chanel with its strong heady sweet spicy musk that i love but it adds this warm very sweet almond note that is sooo comforting that it stands out above the rest...everyone that is getting mostly citrus from this and it doesn't last long i believe have bought dupes online...but as i scroll down i can tell those who have the real version because right off the bat all they can smell is that almond versus speaking about its light freshness...the dupe will leave a scent on your clothes but it won't last long versus the sweetness of the real version thats a classic i really want to get the real version as this dupe is what i am stuck with...becareful with dupes as you don't know what they put in it that can be dangerous for your skin and health!

I smell almond, but it's almond milk not marzipan. Beyond that, lots of cozy vanilla, pear and woody notes. Pear always has a slight muskiness to me. I find that beneficial to Burberry Brit because it is VANILLA FOR DAYS and it needs something to keep it from slipping into the vanilla extract category.
Light but long lasting. An everyday vanilla. Would work for many different women.

missmaggiebeth
missmaggiebeth

I very rarely repurchase a perfume because I have such a large collection. However I cannot imagine a winter with out the coziness this wonderful perfume brings. I have the EDT and prefer it to the EDP. On me there is a very slight masculine scent that emerges from the caramel and vanilla. It is soft enough not to overpower but brings a little something extra that I find lacking in others by Burberry. This is certainly on my top 10 favorites.

meli1893
meli1893

Absolutly love the smell its my number one perfume unfotunatly it doesnt stay long enough . After 1-2 hours i can only smell the vanilla . Great for winter and fall .

Amaryll
Amaryll

The EDT of this is my absolute favourite perfume of all time. I love the citrus and vanilla, as well as how warm and cozy it makes me feel. So great for my mood! I prefer the EDT over the EDP because I find that the vanilla dominates too much in the latter.

If anyone has a bottle and doesn't want it anymore, I'll happily buy or swap! MSG ME! :)

Mushana
Mushana

This my second time buying this sweet sweet warm cozy blanket of a scent! It lifts my mood everytime I wear it...no matter how rough the day is!

Prettysweetz
Prettysweetz

Funny how Diffrent people can be sniffing the same thing but smell different to them. My coworker has this and she just smells vanilla...
I smell citrus, wood, and very little vanilla...It doesn't change in my skin...
Very casual scent. It is not for me but it is nice. Good sillage and Longetivity.

aidie
aidie

I don't know why, but I find this scent quite hard to describe! Maybe because I like it so much :) The opening is citrussy, but not in a sharp air freshener-way, like I find most other citrus perfumes are. I think it's the perfect combination of the citrus and the sweeter notes that make this smell so incredible to me! It's youthful, fresh and warm/cozy at the same time, making it perfect for cold days. I haven't really found many perfumes that are both fresh and cozy, but this one does it! The citrus fades after a while, making it softer and a bit sweeter. I does smell sort of unisex, especially at the beginning, which I think is because of the citrus and lack of florals.

When I wear this I find myself randomly sniffing my scarf or sweater, it just smells so good to me! Definitely one of my all time favourites! I just wish it would last longer on my skin, but I should mention that I have only tried the EDT, so I'll have to get the EDP next time!

arrode
arrode

Smells so incredible! My only qualm with it is it does not last very long compared to any of the other perfumes I own. I have the EDP Brit and it wears off by 4 hours so that I can hardly smell it. After 8 hours I can only faintly smell vanilla if I sniff directly where I sprayed it up close. It's a shame, because this is a lovely, lovely smell. You have to reapply it if you want it to last you through the evening.

The initial spritz has a strong, lovely scent of the lime which blends well with the rest of the notes. After 1-2 hours, the lime disappears and the scent dies down to mostly vanilla, which is disappointing. I really wish the lime carried through the entire life of the scent.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

The lime sours this pretty fragrance for me. It's like a punch in the nose. Ouch!

lalaDinky
lalaDinky

This perfume gets the most skin time on me!

I own the edt in a big bottle and the rollerball edt from tj maxx. Never tried the edp.

I really like this scent! I get a burst of citrusy lime in the initial spritz, but this dissolves within the first 10 minutes or so. Which is a shame, because it really helps to cut the sweetness some. I don't get any of the heart listed; it skips straight to the nutty vanilla smell, and maybe it is the mahogony I smell in the background? The dark scent provides a nice contrast, but it is very faint; not strong enough at all.

Strangely, in the direct application from the rollerball, the zesty citrus lingers for the entire metamorphosis of the fragrance, and doesn't die down until about an hour later. I like it that way much better!

Lastly, this scent doesn't last very long; perhaps 3 hours max on me. So... reapply often!

SugarCelebi
SugarCelebi

This one took a few wears to grow on me, but I think I've found my fall/winter scent! I definitely smell the lime, but it's nicely rounded with something sweeter and softer - probably the almond. I didn't really get the pear. The middle is a sweet floral, and I can smell the vanilla creeping in, but I don't detect any of the powdery-ness that ruins a lot of perfumes for me (my grandmother's perfume is overwhelmingly powdery, and while it works fine for her, I don't want to smell like a 70-year-old at age 20). The bottom is nutty vanilla. It's lovely. I think it might be a bit heady for the warmer months, but until such time, this is great!

fragscent
fragscent

I bought this perfume years ago. Back then I did not like it because I thought it was too masculine for my wannabe feminine and girly style. Now I smelled it again and found It has moderately sweet, soft, and gentle scent. But, I am afraid that it's a bit unisex which could lack the femininity that other man-magnet perfumes have.

xjulietdx
xjulietdx

I own the EDT, and I must say this is nice. It has no sharp edges, it's well rounded and bold. I don't smell much lime, only sweet pear & almond. I also seems to smell cinnamon and something which reminds me of vanilla cookies. Burberry Brit is a classic gourmand, no sticky stuff, just the right amount of sweetness. Perfect for all ladies.

Jama4

I enjoy most Burberry perfumes. After reading the reviews on this website, I was excited to finally get my hands on Burberry Brit EDT. As soon as I sprayed Brit on my hands I was surprised by how sharp, acidic and limey it was. I was expecting almonds, pear, vanilla...something...anything sweet. I decided to give it sometime to develop but all I got was lime...something very similar to Off mosquito repellant. I really wanted to like Brit and tried to ignore the smell...but I eventually had to scrub it off. :-( I don't know what happend...maybe the EDP would have been better on me.

My skin type: Oily / youthful
Office Safe: no too strong
Timing: Fall & Winter / anytime of the day
Packaging: 8/10; standard packaging for Burberry Perfumes
Price: $49 for 100ml / 3.38 oz at Winners / TJ Maxx

Update: I finally got my hands on Burberry Brit EDP and it is much better on my skin. No limey Off bug spray smell!!!

Will I repurchase: No for EDT

domodomo
domodomo

I like this scent, but I'm not always in the mood for it. It smells woodsy and spicy, very strong. Great for fall, but too much for summer. Love the plaid bottle, very unique.

hellosweetie
hellosweetie

There is so much pear at first, but it slowly mellows out and smells warm and spicy. I like but the pear is throwing me off.

Stelala
Stelala

A very pleasing scent. It's very heavy on the pear and vanilla at first, but then it lingers into the nutty and mahogany tones. I would've liked some more lime to be honest since it's such an incredibly heavy fragrance to put on! I always put it on an hour before I have to leave the house, otherwise I'm sure I'll kill someone with it! Haha :D That being said, it's a wonderful fragrance that has INCREDIBLE lasting power! In my early twenties, I feel very "mature" wearing this one, haha.. It's definitely not a fragrance for young girls, even though it's sweet.

johnsmommy
johnsmommy

I have the EDT and really like it. Vanilla is there. It smells like fresh baked fruit pie that is a tad on the tart side, so the smell isn't too sweet.

BrookieSnookie
BrookieSnookie

Absolutely love this fragrance! So nice to wear during the cooler weather months:) Makes me feel cozy and warm! This perfume will always be in my perfume collection. I do have the EDP version.. it stays longer than the EDT. I don't have to reapply but maybe once after 5 hours. Also, a lovely drydown! Not to strong, but lingers beautifully!

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

I have this in the EDT. It is fresh, sophisticated and smells of lime and pear mostly to me with just a hint of vanilla. I like citrusy scents so this one suited me better than the EDP which was too heavy and cloying to me. The EDP seemed to have too much vanilla also so the EDT was much fresh and clean and more to my liking. Lasting power and sillage was above average.

For the people that are writing reviews, It would be very helpful to others if you put if you are reviewing the EDP or EDT since there is no separate reviews. I researched the reviews first before buying but most of the reviews did not indicate which one was reviewed and they both smell different to me.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Delicious nutty goodness in a bottle. I like this one :)

Falken
Falken

Burberry Brit EDP and EDT smells completly different, if you smell the same smells as I. There was something I really didn't like in the EDP , I can't put my finger on what it was. The EDP was way to heavy for me, it made me feel nauseous. My friends thought the same.

However,the EDT smelt fruity and sweet on me. Simply delicious.It have been my signature since I first bought it. People always tell me that this fragrance, this is the one I should stick with. My advice to those who liked/disliked the EDP, try the EDT, it smells better!

cris.n
cris.n

I love this smell. Unfortunately when I bought it I wasn't told there are differences between the EDT and EDP and I ended buying the EDP..I payed 100 euro at that time for it and I don't like this version at all..I like the EDT smell..:((

amanda

for me it smells too much like cinnamon. I like it but not on my skin

carmen28
carmen28

This perfume is on the top of my wish list. It smells so lovely on my skin. To me it smells like sweet marzipan, which reminds me of the bakery in my hometown. It's a very cozy and wintery scent. It can get nauseating in hot and humid weather. I think it is a bit expensive so i might wait a little while and ask for it as a present for my birthday.

kmcnutt
kmcnutt

I much prefer the drydown than the opening, but it's a good fragrance! I am not a citrus girl, but if any citrus is gonna get me it's this one. It's not a bad opening, it's just too sporty and in-your-face for my taste.

Once it dries down, it's a sweet vanilla nutty beauty. I loooooove the dry down! I'm not sure but I think it's the mahogany I like so much about the dry down, it's unique and I love it, just can't place what it is that makes it different from others.

I just wish the opening power indicated the power of the dry down... I have to douse myself with it in the beginning to have the strength I want in the dry down. I'd say it lasts about 4 hours on my skin. Not bad, but it forces me back into that sharp opening again... lol.

it is a great scent, especially if you like both citrus AND warm gourmands. It's a great win both ways if you like both. It has a unique masculine hint while staying feminine, I like it a lot!

Angeldelight900
Angeldelight900

Lol@old man pants haha
I did own this about 6 years ago and i loved it, was citrus and quite strong, probley wouldnt get it again, its nice though.

isabellacherie
isabellacherie

I love burberry perfumes so i decided to try this one last year and oh! it is lovely i just love it, it is very different has a very mature vibe to it, but also sporty.

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

I'm surprised at how many people like this.First of all the bottle looks like a pair of old mens pants and the smell is unpleasant.But that's just me. I guess it's very boring

Kyles
Kyles

This smells really delicious, very sweet and warm and it goes well in the winter time! I do think this kind of perfume should be used only here and there, as it can become a little too much to ones nose. Love this scent though, definitely one of my favourites! :)

jeffthebarbarian
jeffthebarbarian

I tested this today, and I'm kinda of liking it. The citrus and the vanilla are what I smell most prominently. The Lime is very present and sharp, but it is softened by the vanilla. It has been about 4 and 1/2 hours since I spritzed my wrist, and the vanilla seems all that is left. At least that is what I thought until sharp whiff of lime hits my nose...and I like that. It takes me off guard.
My Mom didn't like this on me. She preferred Burberry London on me, but it smelled like roses on me. She likes Roses, and I don't.
I much prefer Brit to London, but I will take Burberry Woman anyday.

RGR
RGR

Burberry brit has an amazing silage. This stuff is amazing for cold or rainy weather!
I love how the citrus in this fragrance balances the sweetness of the praline and vanilla accords. You have to be quite confident to wear this bold perfume because the citrus makes it almost masculine.

I imagine a girl who was once a tomboy and now discovers she's a cool british girl hanging out with handsome boys wearing this all the time. This girl is not loud or obnoxious. This girl is cool, posh and fresh faced.

LexiOD
LexiOD

First, I should mention that I have the eau de toilette version, not the parfum. I had wanted Burberry Brit forever and when I finally got it, I gave it to my mom because I had another perfume I used for the same occasions, but I ended up taking it back because I missed it and she never wore it since it smelled like me to her.
I think the bottle is beautifully suited to the Burberry brand. It's also something I could imagine easily fitting into any purse.
Unlike some, I can't pick up on the sweetness of this fragrance too well. I can definitely pick up the hints of lime and mahogany. The mahogany makes it very prickly and woodsy, almost a bit peppery, though interestingly enough that dies down on the dry-down, which is where I can pick up the sweeter notes more. Maybe I'm detecting something else lending it that prickly feel, but either way it's not too overbearing and I kinda like it for this fragrance. I feel like, while some might say this perfume is more on the "mature" side, I honestly feel like it could be worn by anyone at anytime, anywhere for anything. It's feminine without being too sweet or cloying, sexy yet all the while being appropriate for work and special events. (It somewhat reminds me of the older sister of Betsey Johnson's Betsey Johnson perfume.)
The lasting power is pretty impressive because this stuff is potent, even as an EDT. I don't imagine one would have to reapply very often.
While I don't have too much to say about it, this perfume is really beautiful and has definitely been a go-to for me. 8/10.

xx

Update: I took this with me to a conference in Las Vegas and hung out with a bunch of visitors from England. So now, when I smell this, the name has a tinge of irony to it.

annettepe
annettepe

is it just me or is the eau de toilette version of this not on fragrantica?

i would have loved the fragrance without the citrus note in it. sweet and citrus really gives me a headache. the dry down is really nice though. to me it smells like sweet almonds and vanilla and at this stage the citrus is already faded. sadly im not going to purchase it because the citrus note in the opening bothers me too much. i really wanted to like this perfume because it smells so so good on others.

heather.h.weber
heather.h.weber

This scent is a really nice fragrance no matter what time of the year, it has a intial burst of lime and lemongrass with the warmness of the almond. For having the lime scent it is still a very warm cozy smelling scent on the skin, to me it reminds me of a vacation to the Outer Banks and the scent of the ocean from cabins...very weird I know, since it is not at all an oceanic type scent. It smells like a upscale hotel might smell with the cleaness of the lime but still warm with the vanilla and almond. Just my take on it...

reema_3ali
reema_3ali

I had the highest expectations for this perfume. I imagined it to be this warm, vanilla scent perfect for winter. I finally tried it on today, and all I got was lime, lime, lime, lime and more lime. It honestly smelled like a furniture cleaner, that's all I thought of. I was so disappointed because i wanted it so bad, and I absolutely adore the bottle. I have a bad habit of blind buying, but thank God I didn't with this one!

Isabella1
Isabella1

Yes very cozy perfume. It reminds me of wearing my fuzzy pajamas and all my skin is covered and my hair is up, no makeup, after a shower on a sunday morning or weeknight and my hubby thinks I am the sexiest at that moment. It is great for snuggling and kissing and watching movies or playing cards together, it is also great for chilly spring days when flowers are blooming. It is not sexy like sex, but it is so beautiful. This is very fresh in beginning, the edp, I never tried the edt. The lime is so so fresh and strong like fresh lime juice in summertime, then it starts getting very very sweet syrupy but freshness is still there. i would say great for winter and spring. Not the sexiest perfume, but it gets compliments and smells same on most people skin and clothes. Very cozy, I like to wear it because citrus in it wakes me up and the heavy vanilla will give me hug! Cheers!

alexanna7
alexanna7

Burberry brit is a verry nice perfume! I smell on my skin a bit of lime,and pear, that bring a little freshness to it.Then the almonds, bring that bitter-sweet note,and that's the heart of that fragrance!the tonka and vanilla bring that sweetness,to complete the almonds and to make it more sexy!the peony is subtle but brings a little feminity.The amber brings a depth to it and makes it even more appealing! Perfect in any occasion!

cecyben
cecyben

I love it !!! only one word: FANTASTIC !!! It smells amazing. The best of Burberry ! Very good longevity and sillage ! Excellent job Nathalie Gracia-Cetto !!!

eaudetoile
eaudetoile

I like this more than I love it. To me it smells old and intense. It does smell a bit masculine as well. However everyone who smells this on me falls in love with it. So I guess it wear it more because other people like it. However, i think it is far too strong. Definitely a winter scent.

MiriamV
MiriamV

EDT:one of my favorite perfumes! It's so comforting and warm on my skin and I love the vanilla. The pear and lime makes it really fresh at the same time. I think it's perfect for fall and winter :)

rainydays293
rainydays293

I liked this perfume, I did not love it though. It didn't smell amazing on my skin, seemed as though something was missing.

Ar00ma
Ar00ma

It is more than amazing for a romantic winter time ;)

celebrity89
celebrity89

I just smelled Burberry Brit (White plaid) bottle. I think it must have been the EDT? Anyway, I was going crazy, knowing I had smelled this before. I was reading a review for Brit (New Year Edition) and noticed a reference to Estee Lauder Tuscany Per Donna. That was it!!! After a half hour the lime dissipates and the frag morphs into Curve Crush.

CherryTinsel
CherryTinsel

I bought this after smelling it in the shops and thinking it was quite nice. I don't know how it must have deceived me in between trying it there and then eventually buying it, but alas...

This is a hugely musky perfume - I'm really not a fan of musk. The linger of it is just way too sweet for me, I think? It makes me feel sticky and the musk gives me a headache after a while. I also feel like it's way too obtrusive sometimes.

It's far too heavy to be wearing during the daytime but I'd still wear it out at night if I was feeling adventurous. But honestly it's just not the scent for me, I don't think I'll be buying it again.

belle.le.disko
belle.le.disko

I received the EDT as a sample, and I loved it. The vanilla was warm without being too sweet. The strong pear was slightly artificial while complimenting the strong vanilla and hint of citrus. It melded well, and it felt inviting and unique and warm.

I was going to buy a full bottle until I learned Burberry tests its perfumes on animals. Boo. What a bummer. I guess I shouldn't have been shocked by this from a company that sells leather and fur. :(

PhattBass
PhattBass

Brit EDP is fresh in the beginning from the lime and pear, but it then becomes warm and sweet from the vanilla, tonka bean, almond, and amber. It's kind of like this scent is warm and cold at the same time. The EDP is not too sweet. With the EDT I find it to be much sweeter and can get cloying on me, which is why I like the EDP better.

emi
emi

The review is about EDT version

I can clearly smell the pear and vanilla. It's a little fresh at the beginning, than the vanilla becomes more prominet and the pear disappears. It's nice, pleasant fragrance but both notes are slightly artificial.

bluefish
bluefish

This scent smells like autumn or winter days. To me, it smells like holidays, it reminds me of cookies, smiley faces, crowd, decoration, love in the air, and also warm and cozy room while it's freezing cold outside. That's why this is so pleasant scent for colder days, not to heavy and sweet, since I can smell lime which makes it lighter and perfectly balanced with vanilla and almond. Maybe it is not the best scent for night occasions, but it's perfect for wearing during the day. I can't use it when it's warm though, with the first sunny day in the year I have to change it with some other scent, but it's one of my favorites for days like these since it brings smile on my face!

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

Nauseating. Headache inducing. Hate it. Too cloying and sweet. Smells cheap and medicinal. It lasts along time.

dishahilaryfan
dishahilaryfan

I really love this scent !! It's wearable in any time of the year .......it's causaul but at the same time very professional and it's also long lasting and the silage is great ! It's sweet , u can smell the lime and almond which kind of spicens up the vanilla (if that makes sense) not really spice but th it's not too sweet there's also like a hint of pear and tonka bean ...
It's a very unique fragrance ,worth a try :)

lovely0219
lovely0219

I had this perfume for a while a few years ago until I decided to get rid of it. It wasn't until recently I bought it again not knowing I got the EDT natural spray. NOTE: the eau de parfum is more concentrated than the eau de toilette!! I had to sell mine on eBay because it was too sweet and the effect didn't last as long as the EDP, so there you go. It's a beautiful fragrance specially for the fall!!

AnastasiaCinnamon
AnastasiaCinnamon

Really enjoyed it!
I don't like vanilla but it is not too strong for me in this.Pretty,cosy and warm fragrance.

cinnamonswirl
cinnamonswirl

This is a fantastic everyday light gourmand. It doesn't get cloying or sticky and it smells sophisticated and work-appropriate. I don't LOVE it, but I have repurchased because it is perfect for everyday and I never get tired of it. Maybe I do love it after all, and I just take it for granted. It's like a good, low-maintenance friend.

lisarad
lisarad

Really like this fragrance. It's warm and fresh at the same time. Doesn't last, however. No projection on me, either. Too bad.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

There is a lot I like about Burberry Brit EDP. The first is it carries pleasant memories for me, but that aside, I really like that it is Perfume with a capital "P." By that, I mean I can spray this on and it will radiate around me and last. This is no soft, skin scent, and sometimes I like to enhance my presence in a room; when teaching or speaking in front of a group, it's nice to have a light perfume trail when walking around the room. Brit does that for me really well, without bothering people or overpowering anyone. One spray on my clothes is enough to be perfumed all day! Others have described the fragrance very well, so I won't comment on that, but I will say I enjoy having a strong, recognizable perfume like Brit in my wardrobe.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The vanilla is very strong in this, and for me runs over the other notes, especially in the dry down.

flowers_are_evil
flowers_are_evil

unfortunately on my skin it's vey soft and lasts only few hours. I wear it to the office - it's a very safe smell.

personally I am more of a Diesel girl and I find Brit a bit too simple.

elenian

Autumn in a bottle...Cozy, Warm, sexy, From morning to the late night! Love!

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

I really want to love this fragrance but i think i am anosmic to it. I don't think i smell all the notes, even though they look wonderful to me. i smell the initial citrus blast, not too strong, it is well blended then turns to a creamy floral scent but it smells really light on me and on the clothes. i bought my EdP from a respectable seller so i know it is authentic. I just dont think i get the full benefit of this scent so its just upsetting for me or maybe i just have very high expectations regarding its silage and longevity on me.

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

Smell this on my friend, i thought it was Avril Lavigne Black Star, they are very very similiar!!!!!

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

This to me is the ealry 2000s in a bottle!!

I agree with the last reviewer. The first blast made me think that maybe my discounted bottle was a bit "off". But one has to let that one settle to really see its beauty. The opening is very "Lolita Lempicka" in a way where it is lost in a weird dusty-powdery note for the first 5 minutes.

It has a strange vibe of the old mixed with the new, which is what I think they were going for. It's all serious-preppy (Burberry? duh) but has this misbehaving side to it, like a good little school girl gone bad. The one girl in high school that would be a punk at night and an A grade student in the day time (rather like I was). Nice and obedient but really just a little trouble-maker.

The perfume has a dusty almost dark mix of woods and white flowers, sweetened by the pear and vanilla. It is also a very easily recognizable fragrance, and for this, I give it another thumb up. Too many modern fragrances smell alike these days. I miss those strong early 2000s perfumes! Sadly, the blend is slightly too synthetic smelling for me and it is the only thing keeping me from owning it.

feleeni
feleeni

Top notes are sharp and cloud the wonderful, crips drydown. Do not judge this fragrance until the initial, chemical tornado passes. I never had the patience for this fragrance, but after my friends advice, I gave it a full 15 minutes on my skin until I was running back to buy a bottle.

s_athena
s_athena

This is the closest I'll get to liking a gourmand scent. It avoids the gourmand pitfalls of smelling too young or sugary and manages to come across as warm, elegant and subtly sexy. Unfortunate that I can't smell the lime in this, since I love citrus and in theory it would cut the sugar of the vanilla-almond, but still works for me. On me the vanilla and almond dominate, but they form a baby powder-peach combination on my skin that strangely enough comes off as more warm-spicy-powder than sugary, which is what makes this work surprisingly well. (EDIT: I figured it out - I'm smelling dried peaches and apricots and not the fresh fruit. THAT's why it's spicier!)The sweetness that would be childish is tempered down, staying youthful but put-together and sophisticated. That impression only grows as it dries down and fades to its woody amber base. From start to finish this is what preppy smells like - expensive but not flashy, and demurely sexy without knocking you over the head with female sex appeal. Would be an awesome scent for the office if used with a light hand. Definitely a fall-winter scent, for day or night (desk-to-dinner I'd say). I'll try this layered with a white floral at some point to give the sexiness some oomph, but that's strictly for evening if that combo even works.

Juliana6

The key word for this is - the elegance.
Well balanced perfume to keep you warm and protected in rainy, windy days. Adult, sensual, warm, beautiful!
First I feel sweet, juicy citruses, then it settles down and becomes less sweet, I feel something "interesting", a bit technical. Somebody here mentioned a new eraser smell. I think it's more the aroma of almond peels. And drydown is vanilla, a gourmand aroma. The citrus note stays there all the time and I like it. It makes the scent "alive", sparkling and outstanding.
Lasting power is good on me- yesterday I sprayed a bit of it before sleep and this morning after shower (without any shower cream) I still feel it well.

poulomii
poulomii

Nice one..very warm and elegant!! :-)

lubomira
lubomira

spicy,woody,oriental
perfect for the cold winter days

mooomim
mooomim

Amazed me. Actually I'm in love with Brit EDP. I was looking for a beautiful, well fitting, vanillic fragrance for the winter and I found it.
The almond-pear-vanillia trio work perfectly on me, it's fresh and warm in the same time. Sophisticated, playful, and very british. :)
Scent of a windy, cold day.

sinclame
sinclame

Hmmmm this sounds delightful, I love scents with pear notes, almonds, and tonka bean :) do not own a perfume with all three in it to my knowledge.

Songbird891
Songbird891

I just bought this after smelling it in store. I got the EDT because the EDP was just nauseatingly strong on a scent stick. I sprayed it (EDT) on my wrist and shopped around for half an hour or so, promptly deciding that I needed to buy it. It opened with a freshly made maragrita smell, limey and alcoholic. The alcohol faded and left fresh lime zest and then toasted almonds made an appearance, warm and nutty with subtle sweetness. After a while, a vanilla-y burnt caramel tonka bean note came in and remained for the dry down into the rest of the evening. Also, like another reviewer said, there is a leather bound book scent somewhere in there, perhaps from the note of mahogany in the base. It's got a nice sillage on me, projecting maybe two to three feet on, but it's definitely beat right next to the skin. As for lasting power, it's got a good five hours before its fully faded on me.
I love this scent, sophisticated yet fun. If the EDP is too strong for you, like me, the EDT has all the same notes just lighter and less "WHAM! FRAGRANCE IN YOUR FACE-ness that the EDP has. Also, it's a nice sexy date night perfume.

Rainey
Rainey

To me Burberry Brit is ok and I'm not really a big fan of it. I've smelt better Burberry fragrances

lbean
lbean

This review is for EDT. I love the balance between the citrus notes and the amazing vanilla. Seriously, it's really unlike any other vanilla note I ever smelt - just ...irresistible.

I do think this is more of a wintertime scent, but since it has this freshness about it, it's a good scent for summer nights as well.

It is very sweet and I even find the EDT a little strong, so moderation is the key.

mseleena
mseleena

Definitely a bingo scent for those who love sweet scents. This opens citrus and sweet which smelled good. It then progresses to a super sugary sweet (but not cloying) note. Unfortunately, as a lover and enthusiast of fresh, woodsy, aromatic, green scents, I'm not a big fan of very sweet scents like this one. I thought I was going to get diabetes from just sniffing it. But I can imagine lovers of Aquolina's Pink Sugar and Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb making a bee line for this one.

amberdk621
amberdk621

To me, this fragrance seems very spicy. I guess it is sweet, but I always think of it as being a heavier scent, definitely better suited to be worn in the cooler months. I love the smell and it wears well on me. This is definitely a stronger frangrance.

danablue19
danablue19

I tried it today and I think I'm going to buy it.It is lovely, sweet, warm and sophisticated.It' not really my type of fragrance(I usually buy strong scents like Black XS, Amarige mariage Wish)but boy oh boy it made me want more.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I like this scent, it's like a grown up vanilla scent.

EDIT 11/6/12: Yesterday I decided to try this scent again after pretty much forgetting what it smelled like and it turned slightly powdery on me, which is a big NO NO.

chika-chaaan
chika-chaaan

When I was younger, I really enjoyed this fragrance. I had it at the age of 16-18 and now I bought it again, but it isn't that great anymore. Especially not in summer. Too sweet, I'd rather like citrus-fragrances. Maybe I'll wear it again at christmas.

leslievadams
leslievadams

Sweet/Fancy scent I recieve many compliments when wearing this fragrance more like a night scent.

bashe
bashe

to me, this smells like avril lavigne black star...me no likey

Amal Elyahyaoui
Amal Elyahyaoui

this one is a world osf facsination and a huge presence! i simply loved it and find the old ones of burberry are much better than the last "The Body" ...

Kirstym6008
Kirstym6008

The first time I smelled it was a 5 ml bottle in boots I loved it so I bought the 50 ml
It smells weirdly fruity on me with I think cocanut one of my all time favourite perfumes

rachel1697
rachel1697

i personally thinks this perfume is way too strong. The vanilla scent is a little too present for my liking. I bought it because in the shop it smelled really good. But mixed with human skin, i didn't like it at all.

miss mills
miss mills

Dare I say I find this one a little...boring? I don't want hate mail please - I just don't get anything particularly interesting out of the Burberry experience. Wearing it made me feel like I'd put on a modern, conservative, well tailored beige uniform. Perfectly pretty but a little too..."straight" for me. Heavy doses of fruit and vanilla made it too preppy for me, too. Apologies to Burberry lovers (ducking for cover now).

dulcette
dulcette

i love vanilla, there's no argument in that. but a schoolmate back in highschool used this for a while back then, sad to say she smelled like an old sweet granny just about finished baking some warm vanilla cupcakes.

sorry.

verzosa
verzosa

Brit is probably my most go-to fragrance during the colder months, which mean it's used a lot considering I live in Colorado. I feel that as a fragrance it defines me. There are perfumes that I own that are just lovely, but I simply just can't pull off on a daily basis. Brit is not one of those fragrances.

I feel that this fragrance suits me quite perfectly. I think it is almost reminiscent to Organza Indecense by Givenchy without the strong woody quality Organza has. Though Organza has that sexy, deep, sultry quality. Brit is very spicy almost as it is sweet. She has all those traits Organza Indencense has, but simmered down which makes it more casual. The combination helps the perfume not to be too over-powering. I love that part of the notes in this perfume is pear. Also almonds. You rarely ever see these notes in a fragrance and they go very well with the vanilla.

I find this perfume very strong, if I spray it three times that's already to much. This is my boyfriends favorite scent, but if I spray more than twice his allergies go crazy. Which is odd because two spritzes is perfectly fine.

I find this fragrance too warm and cozy for the summer, as I have been wearing it a few times throughout these summer days, and I think I'm going to stop wearing it until winter. But I think wearing this during the summer nights is okay.

I don't know why people have no luck with the staying power with this one. To me this perfume last 6 to 12 hours. I stop smelling it after 4 hours, but I've been complimented on it after that time frame.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I don't know why, but I put off sampling this for a long time. I think I didn't want to like it. SO, I finally got a good sized sample and I have to say I really like this.

It starts off with that green lemon which makes it fresh on first spritz. It quickly evolves into the almond, which is nice and pleasant. The almond does not stick around though, but it does morph into the tonka at the drydown. I do not detect the pear, though I wish I did. The amber makes a fast arrival and stays through the dry down which ends up in a wonderful ever so slightly sweet powder which results in a wonderful soft cozy "hug".

This stays close to the skin on me after about 10 minutes. I agree this is appropriate for spring or summer wear.

VERY appropriate for the office or close quarters like a subway or car ride.

reyjasson
reyjasson

This is Classic Burberry in every angle possible - from the packaging down to the scent. Sophisticated, sensual, yet mysterious and whimsical at the same time. I've always loved this in my mom everytime I hug her; it gives me this radiating warmth that's very conforting. Lasting power stays all day long too, you don't even need to reapply.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

Ugh. I tried this out in the store today. It's awful on me, makes me smell like that old lady at church that no one wants to sit with because they'll get up and their clothes will smell like her massive cloud of fragrance. WAY too heavy.

karenrobert
karenrobert

I didn't like how brit smells from the bottle but decided to give it a try any way because of all the popular reviews. I was hoping it might be compatible with my own skin. It didn't work out for me. I tried it on at the store and some kids started running away saying they can't breathe. It's not a good sign when people dropping off like flies with only one squirt.

Vampiris
Vampiris

a pleasant sweet scent, vanilla, almond and the lime citrus in it..quite inviting, uplifting..

like this EDP, trench coat looking bottle..simple and classic..one of my old time fav in my perfume collections..i gave it away, because it always gave me a headache..

peny
peny

one of the best i ever had!

yvonnerodenhiser
yvonnerodenhiser

It is a warm comforting scent but I smell a new pencil eraser every time I sniff my wrist. It is not bad and brings back elementary school memories but that rubber smell is not something I would wear out of my home. It is cozy but a stern scent. I won't repurchase but I can see how many people like it.

UPDATE:
My sincerest apologies! I gave Brit another go now that it is fall and wow it is lovely! I love this on a cool rainy day when a soft and cozy comfort scent is appropriate. Yes I do still smell "new eraser" but in this cool fall weather it is not overpowering at all and I can appreciate the cool lime, smooth pear and the warm almond! Very nice and I will enjoy this at the office (sprayed lightly) from now throughout the winter on particularly dreary days.

Adrien02
Adrien02

I typically shy away from anything that has almonds in the topnotes as it usually winds up nauseating me to no end but in Brit I find it tolerable. It puts me in mind of condensed vanilla soy milk. The lime note shot over my head... I never even got a whiff. It smacks of a light gourmand if not sprayed too liberally. I can see why londonhermit found it intolerable when worn by her coworker in an enclosed space with heaters going :~(
That being said I could take it or leave it. I picked up a sample and decided to wear today to see how I would relate to it but it just doesn't wow me enough to go full out and buy a FB.

Light and sweet fruity floral fragrance.

Most of all I feel the pear, lime, peony and amber notes in it. I wouldn't say the that almond note is too noticeable.

This fragrance smells nice enough. I rather like it than don't.

apetropulos
apetropulos

This strong, beautiful perfume brings back such good memories :) Burberry Brit was the very first perfume I bought in New York City when I was 15 years old. I went on a trip there with my best friend and I just felt so chic walking down 5th avenue with the scent of vanilla and musk on my neck. I think I was too young to be wearing it since it is very masculine (in a good way). By masculine I mean its very sharp and powerful. I don't wear it very much anymore, but I don't think it will ever get old to me because of all the wonderful memories that came with it :)

acavicchi
acavicchi

I really love this one- it's the one that turned me on to Burberry. I find it a really multi-faceted fragrance that changes depending on the weather and season.
To me, the initial scent is very citrus-y (it's probably the lime that makes people think this smells masculine) but then I get the scent of pepper. I don't see that in the notes but it does smell very peppery to me, with a floral hint in there somewhere. Lastly, it all ties together with a very warm, woodsy vanilla and almond base, which, if the weather is warmer, can sometimes smell chocolatey.
I would say it smells best in cooler weather, as does Burberry Woman. Makes sense if you think about where it was created, it's a cheerful, warming scent for rainy, cool days!

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I received the edt version of this from dinosgirl3 in a swap :)) Thank you so much sweetie! btw I definitely agree with your review 100%! I LOVE this scent! Its very sophisticated, feminine & sweet. I will probably save my bottle for the fall/winter since it is more of a warm scent :)

dinosgirl3
dinosgirl3

I adore Brit EDP - it's what I would consider my signature scent. No matter how many fragrances I try, I always come back to this one. It's warm, rich, slightly sweet and just overall beautiful and alluring. I don't get much, if any, lime on my skin. It's just the perfect vanilla with something that reminds me of cuddling in front of a cozy fire, or snuggling up under a warm blanket. I guess I would call it a "comforting" scent, but it also gets many compliments from men and women alike. It's very inviting in that sense - giving off a "come hither" vibe, and then embracing in a veil of serenity and seduction.

I mainly wear this in the winter, as it can be pretty heavy for warmer weather. But each and every time the temperature drops in the fall, I look forward to pulling out my trusty bottle of Brit.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

This is ok. It's nothing spectacular, but nice. I liked the opening more than the drydown ,which was your basic artificial vanilla.

aimfire81
aimfire81

I missed the scent of this today, and sprayed it in 80 degree weather. Not one of my greatest ideas, but it brought me back to the holiday season and snowy memories. This is my all-time favorite fall/winter hold-down!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

If you want to flirt without having to say a single word, then by all means add Burberry Brit Parfum to your wardrobe. It's the complete opposite of the one created for us. Brit for men is dry, bitter and very uninteresting. Brit for women is sexy, flirtatious, alluring and addictive. Lime, almond and pear make it just a tad bit tropical. Peony brings a touch of class. Mahogany wood, amber, tonka bean and vanilla gives Brit a warm-sensual feel.

damewolf13
damewolf13

I really like this one. It is an interesting fragrance, and there is not another fragrance on the market that smells quite like it.
I can definitely catch the vanilla, almonds, and citrus right away. After a few moments I can pick out the pear, amber, and tonka bean. It all blends together to make a wonderfully sophisticated, smokey, sexy, fragrance that lasts about 4 hours on me, and the sillage is fairly good as well.

cecfor
cecfor

Right now a favourite. Soft and sweet but not too sweet and above all not too strong. Does not give me a headache. My husband who gets a running nose from many perfumes does not from this one. Every day perfume. I like it a lot.

Mariposa77
Mariposa77

This EDT only works for me in rainy weather. Otherwise it is suffocating, as some others have remarked. When I put my raincoat and my wellies on, inmediately have the need to spray this fragrance on me! Initially I find a strong bitter smell of citruses (lime, bergamot) but the drydown is very nice in my skin, sweet but classy. It is a fragrance that you have to try on your skin, depending of the chemistry (and weather I guess, hot, humidity...) it developes some notes or others. In warm dry weather the peony note evolves the most and it doesn't work well with my chemistry, so I try not to wear it unless it is cold and wet. If tested on paper you get a totally different perfume!

londonhermit
londonhermit

Lovely winter fragrance. Wearing in the summer would be suffocating as have done so in the past. Only a little is needed. On my skin the vanilla and the tonka really steal the show. It never really did evolve and dry down to anything other than that. I also have memories of this due to an over zealous administrative assistant who wore this in a tiny office with radiators. She wore so much that the scent linger after she walked away. This coupled with the hot steamy radiators created a intolerable environment.

Marianna8
Marianna8

Hmmm.. I thought I liked it when I tested it some time ago. I just got a bottle of EDT at a discount store. Maybe it's some older version.. First spray was cute and fresh as I expected, but after a little time it stinks on my skin and gives me a headache. I am disappointed with the smell and am gonna return it tomorrow.. :(

hermyonee
hermyonee

I used for a while Brit EDT, for spring -summer; love the fresh green lemon start, the pear notes, so crisp, juicy, all with the soft Tonka & woody tones, with hints of vanilla an almonds, it gets such a tender feeling, my littkle boy 3 years old loves it and it's now he's "grown up" scent! I used it now and then but have so many other fragrances that I love !

chirobi
chirobi

I'm a great fan of vanilla, so I thought I'd try out the EDP when I passed by SaSa today. I probably wouldn't have picked it up otherwise as the bottle design is not particularly stellar.

It's very long lasting, the scent still lingers after 7hrs on me.

The citrus has faded (unfortunately); now it's almost a bit too sweet, with lingering almond and vanilla notes. While I like sweet scents, this is not winning me over.

sarage
sarage

I like most of Burberry's perfumes, and this is no exception.
Brit has lemon, which I love, but it is a warm scent thanks to vanilla and almond notes.
This will be my scent for fall and winter.
A beautiful classic fragrance.

nikki1234
nikki1234

maiys*... i love the dkny be delicious (green) and burberry brit is one of my favs!! it smells amazing :)

Aspendina
Aspendina

Hmmmm rarely do I not like a Burberry and I do not hate this but Hmmmm I don't know. I love the burst of lime in the beginning but then quickly changes into somethimg I am mot sure if I like, it's not bad just nothing really interesting or anything. Burberry I adore u but when it comes to this I think there r more interesting scents out there.

LaPearl
LaPearl

Love Love Love!! I used to wear this parfum all day every day a few years back. Its very sweet and has a great staying power.

mermaid87
mermaid87

This smells like a fizzy lime-vanilla cream soda with toasted almonds and semi-sweet and spicy undertones. I love it and wear it often because it satisfies my sweet tooth but isn't overkill on the syrup.

It has great sillage, so you will leave your mark after you've left the room. However, the fragrance longevity is medium for me. I have to re-spray after 4-5 hours.

Some of my friends who prefer lighter, floral fragrances classify this as a strong perfume because of the spice, but I think spice is SEXY!

ABRAG
ABRAG

Wonderful fragrance Excellent

Of the finest perfumes ... Strong fruity smell of vanilla

Is the fragrance of perfume resembles any other

Attractive

I would recommend him

Palaila
Palaila

I like it, but i use the smallest amount in order to enjoy the smell or else id be dizzy and annoyed by the strong smell.

JasmineNikole
JasmineNikole

Heard the hype about this and tried it. Although it smelled nice it just reminded me of a more expensive version of Bath and body works Sensual Amber

gracious
gracious

It is a not expensive and very popular fragrance
I liked it very much
Have a long staying power on me.

Mimi, I prefer the edp

eruetim
eruetim

I bought this in Sydney at Queen Victoria Arcade because it reminded me of Fleet Street London. True fragrance, true Brit.

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

can't handle the pear note in here, too cloying.
thickened and condensed version of amarni code.

nice for extremely cold weather though.

katiushka
katiushka

This was the first “real” perfume that I fell in love with and purchased for myself after stepping out of my comfort zone of aromatherapy-like Clarins fragrances (which I still love, by the way!). On its best days, Brit is a delicate coloring to a cold day; it comforts with vanilla and refreshes with lime. Reminds me of Julie Andrews; also of Amelia Bedelia and her meringue pie :-) A classy, modern, feel-good and unique fragrance all in one. Delicate and sassy, too.

My main complaint is that the scent is not very reliable. There are days when it’s a definite miss – sometimes it’s too sweet (I agree with a previous comment – like lemonade with too much sugar), and sometimes it’s not sweet enough (then it just smells bland). Temperature seems to not be the only factor affecting the scent: the scent varies between cold days as well.

I like the idea of the fragrance and keep it for its best days. I would appreciate if Burberry could do something to stabilize the scent, though.

nelso240
nelso240

An ex bought this for me as a Christmas present (we were still together at the time). I didn't like it very much but gave it a try. It smelled like a mix of Pink Sugar and Off bug spray on me. The guy and I broke up soon after and the Brit went to the consignment shop. Not a huge fan of this one at all.

greek_goddes

As time passes it settles down. Lime is gone, it gets sweeter but sillage is too poor :(
Now it gives me the "British" feeling other members had mentioned but not strong enough to enjoy it.

greek_goddes

I keep testing this perfume ove and over again.
I concluded that it is very relaxing and calming and different perfume, the kind of perfume I want to wear when staying home, reading, listening music when I am alone etc.
But it isn't quite alluring or feminine to wear it outdoors. It doesn't match unfortunately my style.
I can imagine a male teenager yearing Brit too.
Yes it could be a unisex scent!
I enjoy it but it I am not conveiced to buy it.
Maybe because I find it too citrus (lime note).
It confuses me because it blends woody, clean and cosy notes at the same time!
It has not a specific character as a scent.

jventura489
jventura489

I'm so sad...this smells like bug spray on me. I don't know why but it is absolutely horrid, I've tried it twice but it's unbearable.

Margreet
Margreet

don't know what it is but everytime I put some bb on my skin I can smell sandalwood note instead of all of this promised sweetness. Maybe, actually, it is good news, it smells very classy, dry, woody, british on me. As in the begining I didn't even look at the Bb, now I kinda like it, but not enough to buy.

EDIT: the huge edit. I retried BB and..., voila, it is on my favourite scents list now. I was amazed when I tried it on my wrist again. The sweetness I couldn't find before, appeared after couple of hours. First I got the citrus flow, then very creamy and then here it comes: one of the most amazing dries down I ever smelled. It's a very "theater" scent. When I smell the dry down, it kinda brings pictures of the 19th century dresses, adventure, romance and classy but romantic scenery. What a crazy thing what a single scent can do ;)

tangerine-tane
tangerine-tane

Mmm, I like this fragrance. It's a little bit spicy, but fresh too.Burberry Brit Burberry is actually a great perfume, I like the citrus in it! Though I don't smell any vanilla until it has faded...I wonder why? But otherwise, I love the scent of this perfume and I'll gladly wear it when I want to feel elegant and feminine. Thumbs up!! :)

beatrix75
beatrix75

ooo ist working now in winter!!!its so soft not owerpowering not not cause headache!!very nice and not too much sweet its moor plesant sweet and green maybe the lime??and pear???

oofragileoo
oofragileoo

bought this based on these good reviews and i really don't like it.
smells like citrus and vanilla soap. the citrus ruins the warmth of the vanilla for me and there is nothing sultry or sexy about it in my opinion.

kasslee
kasslee

Love. I have the EDT and It's both sweet and sophisticated.

The sweetness is not apparent straight away - starting off with a kind of sharpness of lime and almond, but it dries down to a nice, warm vanilla.

I can imagine it being worn on a cold, rainy day & it would make me feel really classy.

Narmis
Narmis

A classy, sophisticated scent. It has a musky yet sexy appeal to it :)

jennkasparian
jennkasparian

Smells amazing and the longevity of this scent is pretty decent. I would compare it to a winter warmth. My best guy friend likes when I spray it on his pillow. Definitely worth the price...only 3 sprays in the main spots lasts for hours. Deeper, heavier, woodsy scent, but in a feminine beautiful way. Love it!

acv43
acv43

thank goodness for fragrantica!
I've owned a bottle of brit for over a year now and it drove me crazy (in a good way) because i could not for the life of me figure out its notes,to me it just smelled, well, British.. poised, elegant, sophisticated with a bit of a preppy twist...now looking at the notes i see lime and almond, Yes! that is what i've been smelling!
I find this to be a great winter/fall scent, i break this one out as the first leaves start to fall...the bright citrus notes over lace the more sultry sophisticated vanilla and tonka bean. It could be that my nose just interpret the base notes differently but i also get a slight leathery/mahogany smell- which has always made this, to me, an academic scent (if their even is such a thing?)-like a opulent university library :)

I have noticed that this one can sometimes give me a bit of a headache, but i love it anyway <3

Lynn-zg
Lynn-zg

I love it, but wouldn't call it floral fruity...more like floral fruity gourmand. Makes me want to eat it:) How can someone not like it!?

jenny2301
jenny2301

This scent was weird on me,not sure if I liked it or not,definitively wouldn't purchase

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

These are a few of my favorite things! I like this scent, but it dries flat on me and I even reapplied, which is not something I would usually do. If a perfume needs a reapply, then I just give up on it. But this has everything I love. So I reapplied. I also tried it twice because I wanted it to work for me.

The dry down is way too subtle for me, all vanilla, with a hint of citrus.

I will try once more, hoping that I was giving the EdT instead of the EdP.

Wonderful combination, best of luck to someone else. I hope to smell it successfully somewhere soon!

I dont like the first 20 minutes of this scent - but then - wow.. Absolutely wonderful. Soft, elegant, sophisticated and I feel fantaboulus. Longlasting on my skin -about 7 hours, good for an EdP I think.

Jag gillar inte de första 20 minuterna av denna doften men sen blir den helt suveränt härlig. Mjuk, elegant, sofistikerad och jag känner mig fantastisk. Sitter bra på huden - ca 7 timmar, bra för en EdP tycker jag.

vicka16
vicka16

Simple and sophisticated at the same time. Perfect for everyday use. It doesn't have a long staying power on me though.

ilikeperfume
ilikeperfume

This has to be the worlds best perfume!( In my opinion anyway) I was really on the fence in the begining when i first sprayed it on my hand all i could smelll weras pear. It kind of smelled like the canned pears in a fruit cocktail but i decided to give it a try and spray it all over my clothes when i went to ulta. Im wearing it now and lets just say im in heaven! Ive never imagines something can smell so good on me! I have a wierd body chemistry so alot of scents blend strangely with my skin but not this gem.It smells creamy like vanilla with the freshness of lime and pear i can also smell the sugary almonds. Simply divine i MUST purchase this! And when ido purchase im going all out and getting the 3.4 ounce. This smells so sophisticated i can see this on an office woman but its still simple enough for everyday use. LOVE IT!

Christie171
Christie171

Burberry Brit-Burberry

The beginning smells so creamy and warm with the vanilla, tonka bean and almond. But it has that hint of zesty lime and peony which keeps it from smelling too sweet. It really reminds me of a British woman in a trench coat on a warm, breezy day. For some reason, I can't smell the pear. I don't know if it's because I have the eau de toilette that causes this but whatever. With that being said, this is a nice blend of oriental and floral notes. Good sillage, too. 8.5/10

I tested the EDP. While I do like the perfume, it was slightly disappointing in that it lacked the richness I'd expected after reading the notes. The almond, vanilla, and peony were easy to detect. Brit is delicately creamy, yet it has a fresh and sheer floral quality to it that provides depth and prevents me from dumping it into the been-there-done-that vanilla-gourmand category. I would buy it if the projection was better. It's easy to see how this could become one's signature scent.

Lilyfey
Lilyfey

Oh sweet memories! I bought my first bottle burberry brit when i travelled to London the first time. I was 16 and it was my first holiday ALONE, no parents, just me and my best friemd...bb brit is my personal smell of freedom! It's so british, elegant yet edgy...warm and sophisticated, all i wanted to be with 16!

Now, years later, I'm living in London, being german originally.
Moving to England was my teenage dream - burberry brit representative for my baby-steps forward.
My dream has come true, Burberry Brit remains my unforgettable tennage love!

lettyb76
lettyb76

I have sampled this twice. The first time, it smelled amazing on my skin. The second time, it smelled like lemonade with too much sugar. I don't know if one was EDT and the other was EDP. It's very possible they were not exactly the same.

Morgane08
Morgane08

Every time I wear it (especially when I'm in the U.S.) I get a lot of compliments. I usually like scents that are more floral than fruity so I surprised myself with this one. I try not to overuse that term, but I do feel this scent is unique. It manages to smell "old" and "modern" at the same time. Love it!

CamilaLC
CamilaLC

Love this scent, very work-appropriate. Lasting power is average (mine's an EDT). Had some problems with the pump, which started to leak at the base.

luv2swim
luv2swim

I bought Brit EDP while on vacation in a cold weather climate zone, at a discounter. Knowing the many good reviews, the price allowed me to justify the blind buy. I wore it for several days, ... just one spritz ... and had many comments re how good I smelled. One male friend came closer, sniffed, and said "you smell good enough to eat!" My nose picked up a lot of vanilla with a hint of sweet almond and down comforter kind of round-off of musk/tonka. Nothing very complex, but nice and cozy. Then I came back home to the tropics. UGH! I think the salt laden sweet tropical air, combined with the heat and humidity, do not mix well with this scent. The 20 something boys around me wrinkled their noses, and said whatever it was I was wearing, was way too strong, and smelled kind of "off". I can do Lolita Lempicka's "L" with no problems in the tropics (lots of "you smell good... what are you wearing from "L"), but Brit just did not work in the tropics. Cold weather = 8/10. Tropics 1/10.

[ilaria_ions]
[ilaria_ions]

the freshness of the opening didn't give me any indication or prepared me about the follow up as it is.
and maybe, the name ''Brit'' was leading me expect somthing else. for me, this is the one that gets the closest to ''cozy'' as a fragrance can be.
dancing on the line between sweet and gourmand, it manages to be warm without being overpowering. i personally feel the almond more than the vanilla which thrils me cos in this rare case the almond tends to be sweet rather than bitter. haven't tried it in higher temperatures yet, but i somehow believe that this Brit is rather more comfortable in the cold :)

LindyLou

I've never felt sick wearing this perfume and has been one I can always turn to for some years now. I smells warm and yummy yet doesn't overpower me whereas many warmer perfumes don't work on me. It was the first perfume I truly loved but I thought that it was time to move on to other perfumes so I have been experimenting with other perfumes for a while. I smelled some earl grey tea today (really nice stuff) and it reminded me of a perfume and I only just realised this is the one. After my flings with other perfumes I have come to appreciate the beauty of burburry brit even more. Its longevity and sileage are just right as opposed to many more expensive perfumes. I have the edt which I prefer.

hanipg
hanipg

Lime vanilla, elegant. IMO this is serious fragrance.
Silage very good
1 to 2 spray enough for me
Love the edt

estherthebester
estherthebester

This smell is very warm and sophisticated. I can't really pinpoint each note; its a well blended scent. I wore this to a very special event and I feel the perfume itself gave me confidence. Just smelling this makes me feel good about myself. Its so intersting how a smell can give you the feeling of power.

Tulip211
Tulip211

Perfect scent. I absolutely love it. I imagine a woman wearing a cashmere sweater, her hair in a french twist, sitting on her couch near a fireplace, absorbed in a fantastic book, sipping on Vanilla tea.

Scent 10/10
Sillage 7/10
Duration 4/10

EK
EK

WOW, I'm happy I don't have an office job!!! Poor you, Alinta. It's not even fair. Brit is a good perfume. I had the EdP, and the smell was great, soft and warm - my problem was it didn't last on me at all. That's the only reason I gave it up. I fouund it completely unoffensive to anyone and suitable for all occasions where you need a 'nice, but not intrusive' perfume. Such as I imagine an office would be.
Donøt give it up, if you like it. Wear it somewhere else, among those who appreciate it!

alinta
alinta

I recently bought myself a big bottle of EDT, because I was so delighted by it`s simple hearted, naive smell. I find it childish, happy, sweeet and warm. But today at the office, girls had suche a bad reaction, that disappointed me. They all refused to stay next to me, saying that I`m wearing a sickening, way too sweet perfume. They started to have a headache, so they started to deride my prety litle perfume! Than they asked me nicely to stop wearing this. Oh, what a dissimilarity of likes!

Hayven
Hayven

I have the EDT. It starts out with a little spicy vanilla, then the sweet vanilla almond drydown. I love it; it's soft, not overpowering, and I wish I discovered it sooner!

hollyms

I own the EDT, and I'm very happy with it. At first the scent is very sharp and masculine, but by 30 minutes out it has settled into a warmer vanilla base with oriental notes. It's a very unique smell, and to me it is unisex. I love it though, it's something different.

By the way, the EDP gave me a headache... too strong! The EDT is just right.

Mildly sweet and creamy. Opens with a sharp burst of cool citrus, then quickly settles into a warm comfy vanilla-almond scent. The drydown contains a faint spicy note that is easily missed. I think this is suitable for fall and winter, both day and night but not too dressy.

nana pink
nana pink

for me this is the best ever... really wonderful. it gives me good feeling when i am wearing it . vanilla & fruity scent are wonderful. my favorite casual fragrance. MAGNIFIQUE

hollyms

This is a lovely scent, and I could definitely smell the vanilla in the heart of it (which I love), but it's quite strong. It gave me a headache and a weird taste in my mouth, even though I only put on 3 sprays. It seems this one makes a lot of people sick! Be careful if you're sensitive.

Tovah
Tovah

For me, Burberry Brit is a very different scent in edt and edp. The edp is warm, heavier and and stronger. It begins with sharp crisp lime, and warms to a tobacco-like tonka, dry vanilla warmth. I LOVE the edp. Lasting power is outstanding. The edt is more sparkling, and the notes blend together more. I don't find the lasting power to be as good with edt, but edt is a more subtle fragrance overall. The edp must be sprayed carefully or it can seem overdone.
It's impossible not to love Brit!

karaaslang
karaaslang

warm, rich, enjoyable smell. you like musky, creamy, powdery, then you can wear it, very uplifting...this is the only burberry that I can wear..the rest is too floral but not this one.

Trinity
Trinity

This is a very nice fragrance– warm and inviting! Perfect for autumn and wintertime.

However, this never really fit my skin chemistry. Always got a pounding headache, no matter how little I sprayed!
Pity – since it is really nice…but we are not meant to be…!

jennifer.herndon
jennifer.herndon

After reading the reviews, I decided to give this scent a try. I got lucky and found a Burberry gift set with Brit included.

A lot of scents I have tried with Vanilla have been very heavy-handed with it. Not so with Brit. I find the Vanilla and Lime work nicely together at first whiff. Once the dry down starts, I can pick up the spiciness of the Tonka as well. At the moment, it's still a bit on the strong side. I'll have to wait and see how works out in a few hours :-)

EDIT: Wow, this scent's final act is spectacular. A beautiful, soft Vanilla Floral with massive(12+ hours) staying power. I do believe I have found my cool weather scent :-)

Irishys
Irishys

Burberry Brit is my favorite Fall/Winter fragrance. It is warm & spicy and it lasts forever. When I first tried it on in the store, I didn't like it. It seemed too strong but as it dried it developed this warm fragrance. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist and when I got home my husband immediately asked "what are you wearing?" Now, everytime I wear it, he says "you smell so good". The scent lasts for hours.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Whit
Whit

I'm not really a fan of Burberry, but this one I like. I had stayed away from sampling it just because I was always disappointed by their other frags. To me, it starts off kinda masculine, but the dry down is a soft almond-vanilla, so very yummy to me. This would be a great fall/winter frag as it seems to have that "cozy" appeal. The hubby asked what I wanted for Christmas, so this one will probably be on my wish list. :)

alchimia72
alchimia72

Good green almond, but not my favourite almond fragrance. It lacks of deepness. I think it's similar to Pi by Givenchy for men but this one is better.

jim
jim

I ordered the mens brit and got the female EDT
surprisingly i love it. Its so warm n soft perfect for cold indian nov-december winter
Its my 1st womens frag.
Great skin chemistry coz the EDT lasts 14hours on me.

update.... Gives me horrible headache even with 1 spray! :-C

marthariojas
marthariojas

I liked the test I had from the counter, and then my dad gave it to me on my bday 3 YEARS AGO! Still sitting in my parfume cabinet, I like the scent but after a while it gives me the headaches and makes me sick, so much that i feel the need to rub off the smell with a baby wipe or a wet towel. I use it very rarely and when I do is in cool winter days and away from chest so the warmth from my body keeps it away from my nose. A shame really cuz I like the smell.

dlt1277
dlt1277

I only have the EDT and would really like to try the EDP to see how different it may be. At first it smells sharp with the lime note, almost unisex. But after awhile, the drydown, it becomes quite creamy with the tonka bean, almond, and vanilla notes. Once again I wish I could try the EDP since the EDT seems to fade too quickly one me.

SheShe
SheShe

I had an edt version and liked it, but I prefer Brit Red. I notice almond, tonka, vanilla and pear the most. Lasting power is good. Burberry Brit is sweet and unique somehow, gives a cozy feeling, quite thick. Worth trying.

Contessa01
Contessa01

This reminds me quite of lot of burberry the beat. It's ok but it didn't exactly blow me away. It is admittedly very synthetic. It almost smells as though it contains violet actually. I would not say this is a typical vanilla kind of fragrance I would say it is more of a spicy synthetic violet mixed with lime - if that makes sense. So I wouldn't get this if you were expecting something creamy and delicious which is what notes like vanilla and tonka bean conjour up for me anyway. It's much more bitter and fresh than I would have anticipated. So overall it's a pretty decent perfume but I prefer Burberry London and Body as I find them more wearable.

katelynclaredoyle
katelynclaredoyle

There is a certain note in this that gives me a horrible migraine, and even makes me nauseous. It's such a shame though because at first I really liked the warm vanilla.

Airdna
Airdna

A pleasant warm floral that I liked smelling on others but after buying a bottle for myself, I realized it's not woody/musky enough for my taste. Now I only use it during summer, when a light floral is needed.

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

This is lemon bars with a crunchy vanilla almond crust. I don't find it sweet as much as preppy, clean and classic. But this prep knows how to have a little fun. To me this represents having a weekend in the Hamptons and Martha's Vineyard. I find neither places my cup of tea. Wealthy, proper, find it for the preppy crowd. I would imagine it to be their date fragrance. It is buttoned down sexy. No one would never think wrong of it, but it would not inspire wanderlust to unsuspecting bystanders. Pish posh...definitely, too "respectable", too much "ladies who lunch" and Polo matches. I don't see how this represents "English irony and English dignity". England is insane, it inspires whimsy. This makes me think of New England and coastal cities instead, cities like Newton & Bethesda...either way, not my cup of tea.

darkbeauty

Adore this scent with a passion! But I'm starting to question the staying power on my skin. I have both the EDT and EDP and the result is the same. Sprayed on skin it last but 3 hours max..... on clothes...FOREVER!!!

What's a girl to do? It's not like it's an inexpensive perfume I can bathe in liberally and or reapply all day long...

nikkic78
nikkic78

I got lime followed by pear and almondy vanilla. By all accounts I should love this but it never blended well on my skin in my opinion:(. My coworker liked it so I gifted it to her...:)

joeyweternal
joeyweternal

It's very strong and causes me head aches.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

I wore the EDP today for the first time, and I was surprised that it was more woody on me then fruity. I could smell the tonka bean and the vanilla and only the slightest bit of fruits. I was also surprised that it only lasts about 3 hours on me. This is a nice scent for Fall/Winter daytime or night, but I don't think I will buy it again.

Marimer
Marimer

Brit edp is like a lemon meringue pie with a vanilla cookie crust, with the right amount of soft spicyness, and a fresh, clean feeling too. Staying power of about 4 hours on me with very gentle sillage.

MissMordecai87
MissMordecai87

My fall favorite! Wearing it anytime but fall I feel would be gross, though. It's got a spice to it (what it is exactly, I can't really identify...) that isn't peppery or harsh, but it's definitely not a summer scent. The spice mixes well with the sweeter notes. I used to wear it every fall, but this year I'm kinda looking for an upgrade. When I wear it, it reminds me of being dressed up but comfortable, like having Thanksgiving with all the relatives.

Klopez
Klopez

Soft, creamy...mmmmm...yummi...It's like whipped cream with almond extract and a few drops of lemon. It's delicious like a dessert!!!! It's definitely going to be in my want list.

Turtledove
Turtledove

EDT:

Love it!

Starts with creamy key-lime pie, maybe a little bit of almond, then changes briefly to a soft, pleasant flowery-sweet (peony?) with warm creamy vanilla in the background. The drydown is my favorite part, it's just delicious. It's a very warm almondy-nutty-vanilla, creamy and smooth, not cloying or syrupy sweet in any way.

There is one drawback though. I really love the scent, but it's very very VERY light when I wear it. And I usually like my fragrances light. I feel like I'd have to bathe in it for it to be pronounced. Truly is a skin-scent for me, it's there for quite a while, a cuddly warm-creamy aura, but almost undetectable.

I've seen reviews about the EDT being sharper, (bug spray etc) but I didn't get anything sharp at all from it, it was softly sweet and creamy all the way through.

And the lasting power on this is EPIC for an edt. Subtle, but lasted 8h and then some, AND resisted showering.

sheida
sheida

I have euphoria,Burberry London and brit as my current perfumes.Every body loves London as I reviewed it seperately but Im crazy about brit,its the best perfume that i have ever smelled.I bought it because of the FIFI Luxe award winning and Im so satisfied.
Unique,very long lasting and has great silage, better than london but not as good as euphoria.
The most dominant notes for me are almond and lime,for the first seconds it smells like pencile shaving!! but I love it,The dry down is beautiful too.

Aubynik
Aubynik

MMMmmm!

One of my favorite cooler weather scents!
It is so creamy and enveloping, but has a bit of a naughtiness to it that seems to draw people in. This is one men that men compliment often.

Initially I get vanilla and lime. Sounds odd, but it seems to elevate the vanilla into something besides that icky sugary sweetness.

The dry down is sensual with only the vanilla, almond and tonka bean lingering on my skin.

skpmetro
skpmetro

This is a nice, musky scent, but I find it unoriginal and boring - like so many other, cheaper perfumes you can buy. So it's quite nice, but ultimately nothing special.

bliss
bliss

I just purchased this a week ago and have been wearing it ever since! I lovelovelove it!!!!! It is soft and fresh and feminine but makes me feel strong and confident. I'm not one to analyse the notes but the warm vanilla drydown mixed with the subtle forals is euphoric. Would recommend this to anyone who wants to feel feminine and strong at the same time.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I tryed this perfume on my skin, but it does not smell as good on my skin as it should. It does however smell absolutely wonderfull on my cousin.
She can really wear this one. It smells powdery sweet on her, but on my skin i get a pear that smells sour.
I'ts a shame because i really like this perfume a lot but i dont have the right chemistry to wear this one.

emgeeach
emgeeach

this perfume smells so amazing. anyone that likes vanilla should own a bottle.

steenbaby7
steenbaby7

I love this perfume. It is perfect for fall. I always try something different but I never get sick of this perfume. It lasts a long time also.

cookieal
cookieal

i really dont know why me and this perfume, were apart for such a long time...

it was in my want list for some time but i didnt have a very clear memory of the first time i sampled it and it was the edt back then.

today i finally bought it along with the body lotion and the body shower gel.
i sampled directly the limited edition of the EDP wich as the sa told me is identical to the classic EDP, but i asked for the limited edition, just in case there is a little difference.

from the minute i sprayed it, i couldn t take my nose away from my wrist for hours.....
i think that we went back home embrassed... like lovers that had been away for a long time...
it was such a perfect match to my skin!!
its warm and sweet, but not boring, cozy but sexy, creamy but vivid, a dream in a bottle...
i lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove it and i also JUST LOVE IT!!!!! I M SO GLAD I DECIDED TO BUY!

jodee
jodee

On my want list! I smelled this today, warm and sexy. I love. I see this almost being a signature scent for me. One whiff is all it took! I love the warm vanilla. I smell the almond, pear and vanilla the most like most of you. I love pear and almond! Mmmm.

Fashionkid123
Fashionkid123

I love this fragrance...perfect for a date or dinner at night. I love that the amber is intense. Very masculine though.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

The vanilla in this one is nice, but there is something that bothers me in this perfume. I think it`s the lime. Sadly I have to turn this one down.

miss-baksel1988
miss-baksel1988

I mean, it's not that I don't like this smell 'cause I do. But to my opinium, it's nothing special. I don't feel sexy or sweet when i'm wearing it. Just a normal I-don't-know-what-to-wear-scent.

superant
superant

I like it. Wear it all the time because it stays on long. and though it smells strongly of vanilla it's still grown up and pleasant. doesn't really work on a hot summer day but otherwise it's great. I do prefer the Burberry London though but I don't have it at the moment.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Brit EDP works really well with my chemistry. It starts off with a crisp burst of intense lime that almost has an unisex, "cologne" feel to it. The peony makes an appearance in the heart notes, and it's around that time that the creamy almonds emerge and begin to warm the fragrance up. Brit just gets warmer and more delicious as it wears on my skin. The vanilla-tonka-mahogany drydown is gorgeous, cozy, and warm but also dry and woody. The vanilla in Brit is round and really creamy, and the citrus bite that lingers gives it a really nice tart-creamy contrast.

Brit is unusual but casual enough that I find myself wearing it on a daily basis. I wouldn't have expected that tart citrus would combine so well with rich vanilla and almonds. It's sweet and warm, but also classy with a bit of spice. This is certainly no generic vanilla scent.

The lasting power and sillage of Brit EDP are wonderful. If you've only tried the EDT, I would strongly recommend the EDP as I think it's far superior. Initially, when I tested out EDT version I decided I really didn't like Brit. After sampling the EDP a few times, I decided to buy it and it has now become one of my favourites.

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

I have been searching for a great scent after years of wearing none at all. I happened upon Brit and thought we were destined to be together. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists after trying it. After a few days of wear, it began to feel a bit overwhelming, and much to sweet- for the first hour or so anyway. Once it settles, I still find it quite lovely. So, in the long run, I still like this. It's pretty, and vanilla-y, and lime-y :) It mellows out a bit and is nice. I will definitely wear it, just not every day. It's just not destined to be MY scent. We are friends, but it's not the love of my life.
Update: After wearing this casually for several days, I don't think we're even meant to be friends. That great lime/vanilla opening has become too sharp for my nose and I find myself hating it once I've sprayed. I still enjoy the drydown much, much later, but the headache I've had in the beginning lingers long after the scent has faded. This break up is going to be hard on me.

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

Finally, I got it today as a gift from my sister! (the EDT version- it´s more creamy and just..nicer) Looooove it so much :) Love it from the lime opening to gorgeous vanilla, almond drydown.. AMAZING job Burberry ! :)

dulcedeleche
dulcedeleche

just got it a few days ago, and i really adore it. warm sweet scent,but can be worn during the hot summer days. it's not sickly sweet, and it is very close to the skin.

tiffanykimwagner

The more I use this fragrance, the more I am actually liking it... There is just something about it... The silage and longevity is very good.. I gets lots of compliments.. I am so glad that I gave it a second chance...

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I love it, I absolutely love it. It's so nice, smells yummie but sophisticated. It's really great, better than I expected. I really smell the almond and peony. I really really enjoy this.

emi_artist
emi_artist

A light, perhaps too light, apologetic fragrance with the will to please everyone. Enough almond and vanilla to be almost a gourmand, enough citrus to add a whisper of cologne, but then it vanishes in the meanders of trite politeness.

It's a pity because with a little more "oomph" it would have almost been like a new modern twist on the vanilla citrus of Jicky, but instead it prefers to err on the side of the squeaky clean American college student going to lectures where wearing perfume is discouraged as polluting and distracting. And in fact, you get distracted for thirty seconds and it's gone. Come on Burberry, you can do better!

blomst
blomst

I like this scent. Something about it attracts me, but at the same time it's a bit nauseating. The vanilla base is so synthetic and all together it's like a singed bit of rotted fruit.

ChickyC
ChickyC

I've stayed clear of anything Burberry for a long time after the Burberry craze which hit the UK in the early 2000's. So many burberry-like baseball caps and Burberry-like handbags. But reading such great reviews of Burberry Brit bought a mini on ebay. The first half hour wasn't great as mahogany or resins tend to shout at me. But the tonka and vanilla base is to die for! Really love it and I'm sure my mini will be used often throughout Autumn/Winter.

ps. this review is for the edt...would love to try the edp!

jillrp
jillrp

I LOVE Burberry Brit. It is unique but not overpowering and stays on throughout the day. It is my go-to perfume. What makes it great for everyday use is that it smells woodsy yet clean at the same time. I get compliments on it quite a bit. On guy even told me it reminded him of his very first girlfriend! I strongly recommend this scent!

melbritt24
melbritt24

I like the bottle of the EDP, its unique. I am in love with Brit! I get sharp and juicy pear and a small bit of lime upon first spritz but this frag quickly dries down to musky vanilla-amber-tonka combo that is to die for! I will be loving this scent all through the fall and winter months for sure! My last name is also Britt...just another reason to love it!

Update: I became bored of this scent quickly. Not sure why...I love Burberry Women much better!

Gaby666
Gaby666

Very much a wonderful smell! Very long lasting. Is more suited to winter and summer cold days. :) This perfume I love, is one of my favorites. :)

tiffanykimwagner

This is not for me. It is a bit strong and nauseating when you apply it and the dry down is just as bad. This was a blind buy...

annaj
annaj

I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE, has anyone else found it increasing hard to find in the UK? I am worried its being discontinued here. I know they repackaged it. A very very close alternative is Kylie's Sexy Darling. Very sweet and slightly spice, slightly fresh scent. Nothing quite like it!

LaGari
LaGari

Brit is sweet, pleasant, fresh & comforting. It reminds me of my stay in a cottage type resort up in the hills, feasting on a hot toast with butter & jam. It's so warm & cozy!
This also smells like a pear cologne I used when I was younger.

Projection is good, and on my skin brit lasts about 6 hours.

Edit : AH! it reminds me of Jeanne arthes' Amore mio (pink). Theyre VERY much alike. In a sweet, creamy and citrusy sort of way. Also reminds me of Dior's miss cherie.

* Thank you NathalieZ!

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

This has got to be my favorite perfume, it is one of my signature scents. In winter it is ALL I wear, I try to switch it up to other perfumes I have, but I always want to come back to Brit. It is a sexy contradiction - the fresh lime and icy pear, and then the delicious almondy vanilla dry down softened by light peony in the middle. Delicious. I feel warm and cozy and SEXY at the same time. I have the EDT and it lasts all day without reapplying and the sillage is perfect - not to intrusive, but it definitely projects.

I hear this is a popular scent, but I haven't smelt it on anyone else, so I'm happy. But honestly, this is a lovely perfume, haven't found another like it :)

smritivsingh
smritivsingh

Burberry is nice for winters and it exudes warmth. It'll go with long black coat on an icy day OR during summer evenings. My boyfriend gave it to me and I used it all up but I don't think I'll buy it again. Good but not great !

donna77
donna77

i find it sweet and peppery . i like it a lot.it has warmth and delicacy at the same time.

i must admit it was a blind buy, based on the reviews here,but i don`t regret i went for the big bottle.i`ll use it up :))

one more thing:my husband loves it!

fieryriery
fieryriery

Burberry Brit for women brings me back way to my senior clerkship in the hospital. I wore it when I was in the Dept. of Dermato-venereology and Neurology. Reminds me of those good old days.
It is classy and prissy. ;)

Eleiria
Eleiria

Burberry Brit is perfectly suitable for a grey Britain day. It feels too heavy in hot days. Its warm coziness will hug you in a cold, grey day and make you feel better.

To tell the truth, being a fan of citrusy fragrances, I like Brit's opening. The middle feels a bit heavy yet I have to admit, it is very very good. I normally tend to keep away from Burberrys because they're very common, very well-known. So is Brit, every business woman owns a bottle of it. Yet, it's still attractive. It's like a natural part of yourself once you put it on. Strong, yet lovely.

After 4-5 hours, I like the fragrance best. I can both feel the almond-vanilla base and the freshness of lime. Very good. For autumn and winter, though.

madhatter1
madhatter1

I loved the thought of buying it, tested it..I liked the delicate drydown of the vanilla blend in the EDT very nice, so yummy. However after 30 min-1hr, I couldnt smell it any longer on me, bummer. I might have to experience if the EDP has more staying power on me before I invest. Glad others are enjoying it!

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

So delicious! For a blind buy I'm very, very impressed. Actually, I've been wanting this for so long now and I couldn't find it anywhere so I turned online. There is a Burberry store in my city but it's... way too expensive (obviously haha). I found a good deal and I'm very pleased with it.

The opening is a burst of loud, zesty lime and a hint of floral. It almost makes you wonder if this is a typical summer scent. After a few minutes, the lime lowers its voice and Burberry Brit becomes smooth and warm, perfect for winter. Vanilla, amber and Tonka bean are swirled together to create the most delectable fragrance on your skin and clothes. There are definitely traces of white almond and what seems to be hazelnuts on me (I don't think there are any hazlenut notes but that's what I smell when I wear this). I can't seem to detect any pear in the opening, however.

The scent of nutty vanilla will waft around you during the day when you have this on, and you will probably be complimented.

It's amazing and smells so cosy and yummy! Highly recommended. This is now one of my favourite fragrances to wear for Winter. :)

Absolutely perfect scent...so good*

derkargy
derkargy

absolutely amazing perfume,perfect for worktime in winter.Vanilla and almonds:almost gourmand.Sweet and soft like baby powder.What else can anyone expect?

First Impression; I can't smell peony or any citrus nor fruit at all. The scent is just vanilla powdery soft and sweet. Maybe there is a pear but it's not very pronounced. I also smell almond cookie but doesn't make the scent gourmand. It's kinda simple actually. It doesn't change much. For just vanilla based fragrance,i believe there is something less expensive that is also comparable out there. Look around before buy.

Absolutely AMAZING scent!

Siv55
Siv55

Burberry had a bit of a problem in Britain, having become popular with chavs who liked to wear burberry caps, scarves and various accessories. Basically too many poor people from housing estates managed to acquire expensive branded items, thus bringing down the brand image and making it chavvy.. Why anybody would develop a liking for beige check is beyond me anyway. Given that they called a perfume "Brit" at around the same time the "problem" was perceived, I conclude that Burberry decided to just go with the irony of it all and cash in.
Brit itself is a beautiful warm sweet vanilla, creamy and with great staying power and I personally find quite similar to Guerlain L'instant. Perhaps a little fresher than the very sweet indeed L'instant. I find it a bit generic, but in a good way, it is somehow familiar, reminding you of other nice lovely things as well as itself. This stuff is well good innit! You will smell fine. I must get me some of this! Burberry would be idiots if they ever discontinue it. I would be surprised if sales ever dip of this but if they did, I suggest an ad with a few young british actors looking cool in london somewhere, easy as pie mate. This might be a good idea as everyone I profferred this at loved it until I said Burberry Brit, then faces fell slightly and they were surprised it was so good.
I have no idea who actually wears Burberry clothes now, by the way. I haven't seen a bag or a cap for a long time.. real or fake..

liv
liv

elegant and warm as a hug in the middle of the winter!LOVE IT

judee
judee

my dentist loves this perfume, I was shocked to death, when after we were finished he said, the perfume you are wearing...burberry brit right? I got tears in my eyes since I never knew a man before, who could tell exactly which perfume I am wearing :-P
Anyway, I think this is a beautiful bi-polar perfume, on one side there is this beautiful peony and on the other lime and just a tiny bit of pear are lingering around... very unique harmony together! I also think that it is wearable in all the seasons and I find the bottle very classy, I love Burberry pattern :-)

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I thought I would like this one based on the notes in it, (especially the Almond and Vanilla) and reviews. I expected it to be much sweeter smelling. On me it dries down to smelling like a bitter repulsive men's cologne. Almost like an old dusty attic smell crossed with B/O. Definate pass for me on this one. I do like Burberry Original and London though.

Fearless
Fearless

I feel like an old lady when I wear it (because my nana has the same one). Its smell is so sweet and I love it even though I feel like Ive aged about 40 years. Long lasting and very british :)

olga1780
olga1780

It is a very nice warm scent that I mostly wear in winter and autumn. Because it's one of the first perfumes in my collection, it is barely used, as even looking at the bottle bores me to tears. But every time I put it on, I always wonder why i don't wear it more often. Very elegant and enjoyable.

perfumeloverr92
perfumeloverr92

I decided to give this one a try after reading so many good reviews and im sure glad i did!!
I bought the miniture 4ml to try as i didnt want to buy a full size incase i didnt like it. I got home and dabbed it onto my skin, it smelled very strong to start but after about 10mins.... OMG-Amazing!! I went straight back to the shop and bought the full size. Ive went through 5 bottles of this in about 2 and a half years.... and my current bottle is almost finished as well.

10/10 *****!!

Pierina
Pierina

I really really wanted this to be nice on me.
My husband bought it for an ungreatful (thankfully ex) girlfriend. For some reason I decided he could buy it for me and I'd love it!
No dice, I got a vanilla biscottiesque smell mixed with a strange plastic ponk. No almonds or other niceties.
I know i have acidic chemistry (ex girlfriends beware muahahaha!!) and oily olive skin so I can bring out the best and the worst in some scents..
Im sure on the right female its lovely though.

Also the Brit for men is WONDERFUL!! hubby wears it and its sublime, a few male friends tried it and it was great on most of them too (the only one it wasnt killer on wears coolwater as his daily fume and its nice on him..) very versatile scent.

sophie_lovex
sophie_lovex

the bottle looks a bit cheap to me, and i don't like the smell of it at all!
it smells cheap and a bit like nail polish remover...
i really wanted to love this but i'm sorry i just can't

Louw
Louw

I've only tried this on paper, not on my skin, but I really don't like it at all (not even enough to try it on my skin). Too sweet and cloying. Cheap-smelling.

bagaceirababyy
bagaceirababyy

very nice, this is sweet but not to much, and younger too.
I think this is for every age, it's a very versatile fragance. LOVE!

huiyt
huiyt

Lovely. I tried it on twice and I love it. I like that it has a tangy note, but still mostly smell the vanilla. I'm not sure if I'd wear it during the summer, but I'm already looking forward to fall to buy it!

Niunia
Niunia

At first - lemon aftershave, soon after that- fresh and summery. I can really smell almonds and lemon for a long time, and in the base soft vanilla. It's sweet, but somehow very fresh and it's make me happy:) Maybe it's the combination of vanilla and pear, JPG Classique makes me happy too, but it's to sweet and strong for summer, and Brit it's just perfect for wormer months. Keeper for me.

Pinni
Pinni

Very nice scent but there was a hint of something that made me think of my guy friend. (If I remember right he used to wear Hugo Boss Energise, very nice scent for a man.) It was a pity as I like the scent but I don't want to smell like my male friend, not alone and especially not on a date with my bf.

And people shouldn't get me wrong, it is still a feminine scent. There was just a tiny hint of something that triggered my memory.

I'd still recommend it for someone who doesn't get the associations I did.

southernbelleinseattle
southernbelleinseattle

I always gravitate back to this fragrance, no matter how many other ones I try. It is so soft, warm, and feminine. Some are saying it is heavy and a winter frgrance...that's odd because on me, though it is "warm" it is a light scent that is beautiful in spring, even summer. (I wear EDT though, not EDP). I also do not think many people wear this - at least not where I live - I have never smelled it on anyone. So I actually do feel unique when I wear it. Now, on to the description: I swear I smell coconut in this! I don't know why - it is not listed as a note, but I defintely always smell coconut. With the sweet lime & pear opening, it's no wonder that I find this a tropical spring/summer fragrance. I find this more sweet and soft than fruity or florally. The vanilla & tonka definitely come out on skin. So, a combination of sugared pear, sweet lime, coconut, tonka & vanilla - yes please!! that is exactly what I smell, and it is yummy!

Salt
Salt

I bought a sample bottle of the EDT just before Christmas (Southern Hemisphere Summer) and wasn't particularly impressed. It was quite sour and heady and I had to wait several hours before weak vanilla (and my aspirin) kicked in.

It's now autumn and things have changed! The cooler months have done wonders for this scent and I am addicted! On my skin, it opens with a sharp citrus (lime zest, not juice) and peony (which I'm not a huge fan of), but rapidly warms into vanilla, tonka bean and the occasional clean wisp of lime which wears like jersey caramel sweets on my skin- gorgeous! The longevity is quite good too, so a couple of squirts keeps me sweet all day. This is my new favourite autumn casual scent- great for a Sunday outing cruising the markets, snapping wildlife in the park or melding souls over coffee.

uwoduhi
uwoduhi

I received a sample of this a little while ago and fell head-over-heels in love. It's the perfect fragrance for me. When I smell Brit, I picture walks in the park gazing at the beautiful Autumn leaves; curling up on the couch wrapped in a soft, warm sweater sipping on hot chocolate. It's so warm and cozy.

As much as I adore it however, I probably won't be purchasing it because it seems like EVERY ONE wears it. Which is a shame, because I absolutely love it. I just don't want to smell like every one else.

It's like Miss Dior Cherie; I adore it but every one else smells like it. It's literally every where. And really, who wants to smell like every one else?

Burberry Brit is a beautiful, beautiful perfume. If only it wan't so popular... :(

blueberry
blueberry

My opinion is that Brit EDP is a very good sweet oriental. It lasts long, but the problem is I quickly get used to it so I really have to spray a lot to smell me. This is the only drawback. Otherwise it is fine and very likeable, working nicely on rather cool days- not for winter, but not for summer heat either.
I don't get anything masculine from it, I think it's a safe option for women of all ages. Good product for daily use rather than special occasions, as it does not have the "wow" factor.

AnnaVersace
AnnaVersace

I love burberry! This smells so good! :) My favorite parfum I wear it every day. Its perfect for attracting boys it makes me irresistible :)))

Emerald2010
Emerald2010

To say that Burberry Brit is a Floral-Fruity scent is preposterous! It's an Oriental, the almonds, mahogany, amber and vanilla make it so. Especially on me! It's not exactly anything "original" so to speak however it is different than anything else I have in my collection. Burberry Brit is a very sexy scent, and attracts male attention easily. Aside from that however it is womanly, and sweet without being over the top. I can't even smell the peony..in fact I didn't think peonies had a scent! This really is made for evening wear, it also warms you up in the colder months. I wear this scent almost exclusively in the Fall...it's something about the season that makes it just "fit".
9/10 (You really can't wear it in the warmer months, its just to potent and it sometimes gives me a horrible headache!!!!)

Ettex
Ettex

Try this before you buy it. It is vanilla combined with sharp citrus. The richness disappears and the sharpness disappear a bit also on my skin. I am determined to try it again because I want to make it work. This perfume sounded so good in theory because I love almond and vanilla and separately I love citrus, but I am not sure that all of the elements combine well on my skin. I wish they did.

naheed
naheed

This is oriental for sure, not floral fruity.

Burberry Brit for women is very delicate and so womanish in a lovely way. Though not unique, as I have smelled this kind of fragrance when I was around 10 and sniffing it took me back to the Naurouz celebration when I wore a beautiful fragrance like this. It was very early in the morning when my uncle's mum dressed me best like a little princess and my uncle dabbed a best fragrance on me. It was a beautiful first morning of the Spring and was celebration everywhere.

It starts off with a clear and a very refreshing note of lime which is something as if the peel of a fresh lime has been scratched with a hard hand and then a refreshing smell surrounds everything. The note of almond then enjoins which is so nutty. Soon after the a beautiful accord of some notes joins in, I cannot single out any note here but it's so creamy and with almond it smells so nutty and creamy. Lime note seems to layer all the notes at this stage. As the time passes, Burberry brit smells sweet and a bit insensy and this, probably is due to tonka bean. At this stage, vanilla note is very prominent and smells so pretty and seems to have been added with a generous hand. I just want to smell my wrist every now and then.

It's Spring already and I would love to wear it everytime.

9.5/10, longevity is great.

tinties
tinties

Starts out smelling like a cologne, then becomes warm and playful, yet very sophisticated. I would definitely cast Emma Watson to promote this scent!

elenian

Love love love and it will always be one of my favorites!!! So delicate! So special! It's intense and light at the same time! Love it!!

lafefe
lafefe

Oh it's such a pleasure to wear Brit! It's a unique smell, perfect for office and casual days. This is a review for the fresher version, the EdT. I bought it almost 5 years ago for a friend of mine and ended up buying one also for me (special travel edition with 2 bottles). I didn't appreciate the fragrance at that time but I'm doing it now with a new bottle and a better knowledge of the world of perfumes. Brit is indeed a classy and young fragrance at the same time, the opening is immediately lime and pear, easily recognizable. Then for a few minutes it smells a bit like burnt sugar and liquorice, very similar to Blue Sugar by l'Aquolina. Then again I detect pear, lime, vanilla and fresh almond. Brit is simply delicious, fresh, sweet but with a touch of bitterness, not at all boring or cloying, it's a very interesting fragrance and I'm very happy I bought it again, I'm enjoying it a lot and think it matches my personality.

EnjoyLife
EnjoyLife

There's definitely a difference between the edt and edp. I could not wear edp but I love the smell of edt. On me edp is cloying while edt has a hint of freshness to it. Anyway I love the smell. It's lovely and sexy, not too sweet vanilla scent with a slightly masculine edge.

breezee33
breezee33

i agree with krissycat, it has more of a warm, comforting sweetness to it. it's my absolute favorite perfum. it is a little more wintery but i'll wear it out at night in the summer too. it's versatile.

Adorabella
Adorabella

I dislike this. It smells like brown sugar, but not in a good way. I gave it away to my 13 y/o niece and she likes it.

jmbg0380
jmbg0380

for some reason this smells like a gingerbread cookie!

krissycat
krissycat

This perfume was recommended to me by a sales person because I explained I am a gourmand lover. Burberry Brit is not along the lines of my usual gourmands like Fantasy and Can Can, its a bit more of a peppery sweetness, not like cotton candy and cookies. :) I like it though.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I get mostly lime and vanilla, a very nice soft scent I may have to get a bottle of this!

whiten
whiten

I really like this one, great,unique and simple composition. but I can only wear it in winter even then it sometimes givs me headaches:( it is a bit on the heavy side on my skin. great longevity though, 8+ hours at least. wish it was a tiny bit more fresh...

hellojocelyn
hellojocelyn

I recently bought this in EDT and i wouldn't have bought it any other way.

It has super long staying power. I like to spray it in my hair and on my wrists.

It smells sweet, i can definitely smell the vanilla. I always get compliments on it. It's sweet but VERY sophisticated.

I highly recommend it for cozy nights in or cold days :)

melisaberry

Edit: and the EDT doesn't last at all! I can't smell it after 30 minutes. If you like this fragrance try the EDP version. I heard a good reviews about it.

melisaberry

My aunt bought the EDT version for me when she was travelled to Europe. I asked her to bought me Burberry "Brit Sheer" but she bought me Brit EDT.

To me it smells too strong! very sweet and spicy! not a fan. Especially because I live in tropical country.

darkbeauty

I really think this is a fresh summer gourmand! Yumm!

I only wish I would have had a better experience with it the first time I tried it. It was in the store and I was already so overloaded with the scents all around me that I couldn't appreciate how wonderful this fragrance truly is. But I tried it again, just the 2 of us, and I really like it.

It reminds me of glazed pears & apples. Or candied fruits in a a light syrup bath. There is vanilla, but not the kind that overpowers the rest of the notes. The fruits just dance with the vanilla gracefully. It's perfect for summer with the freshness of zesty lime!

aquairis
aquairis

it's a present from my mum, i like it. it smells very warm and the smell can last for quite long time.

New@thisperfumething
New@thisperfumething

I like Burberry Brit. It really is a creamy/ milky, pear and lime scent that makes you feel like you should be cuddles along side your significant other. It's a really simple scent. The lime and pear stay with me for a long while, but I dont mind. I will purchase again.

wlf683
wlf683

I love this smell! It's fresh and clean and I can wear it every day.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Nice, warm and sweet, I like ithe EDP a lot. Starts out sweet, fresh and a bit citrusy (though the citrus is not too much, it is just right). It dries down to sweet vanilla with pears. I could wear this in windter! The bottle and the name are not at all feminine, yet the scent definitely is!

The EDT is a bit freasher and more powedery, so it is actually not bad. BUT - it lasts all of 15 min and then completely dissapears so it would be a total waaste of money.

JKNummy
JKNummy

A definete love. You can smell the vanilla and pear. Sweet smelling, long last, lingering, everywhere scent. :) It is a fall/winter smell. I bought a sample and i'll wait until walgreens has them for 50% off to buy.

MDWake8
MDWake8

This is a very soft, mild scent. The lime leaves quickly and you are left with warm almond and vanilla. Very smooth and unoffensive.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

With such a display of fastidiousness on the outside, you don't expect this fragrance to be so seductive.

Sharp 'wake up' top notes to open that demand attention right from the get go. Most definitely lime, almonds and sour juicy pear that are all green, with a mouthwatering tang.

Then a creamy, intense vanilla smacked floral gives way to a sublimely feminine allure. Up until this point, it plays a lot like Revlon's Fire & Ice. But where Fire & Ice run away with rich, heady florals, Brit unfolds another phase in its irony.

Wood notes start to heat up giving the gourmand heart a dry, yet rich dimension, almost like intensely resinous wood (mahogany according to Burberry's website). Amber and tonka then interplay into a wonderfully lasting drydown. Brit's projection is amazing and will definitely turn heads.

If you find the EDP too heady, the EDT is a lot lighter and not as gourmand. Same fragrance except with its boots off.

Commanding and sensual. Controlled yet comforting. A favorite on my shelf.

anraneiro82
anraneiro82

I agree with other reviews on here that this pefume smells almost unisex b/c it really does; I definitly would not like this on a man, though- maybe old men would wear this and it would be okay, but certainly don't want my 29 year old boyfriend wearing it. I tend to like "heavier" perfumes like orientals, so of course this appealed to me. I love the opening, which is a very slight pear/lime combo-it's hard to smell but it's there. I mostly smell the vanilla and almond most of the time, and I would recommend this for the winter or fall. So far, this is my favorite Burberry perfume- not crazy about London or The Beat. I will have to try Brit Sheer; I hear a lot of good things about that one.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I must be missing something here because I don't understand why so many people here have raved about this perfume!

I tested Burberry Brit on a tester strip yesterday in a department store, along with three Anna Sui perfumes. All of the Anna Sui perfumes were feminine, light, fruity'ish and quite fresh. Burberry Brit on the other hand smelled almost unisex, quite dense, a bit creamy, not very fruity and not particularly noteworthy at all. I didn't even want to try it on my skin! Personally, I didn't get the juicy lime and pear combo that so many people here have mentioned. To me it didn't smell even slightly fruity, unlike the trio of Anna Sui perfumes (which are all quite nice). I still have the tester cards and the more I sniff the Burberry Brit one, the more it reminds me of Diesel Plus Plus - maybe because of the creaminess. I do have a bottle of Diesel Plus Plus but went off it as a perfume quite quickly and now use it as an air freshener!

To sum up - Burberry Brit, for me, is hugely overrated and is nothing special at all. In fact, I find it quite an annoying smell!

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

this is for the toilette version but before i give my review, i have to tell a little background of how i smelled this....perfume is so woven with memory for me, that its just habit i guess to always refer to a story or instance of that olfactory greeting. anyway, about seven years ago, my brother was 16 yrs, and he had his first serious girlfriend who was from belgium. they had met in the domincan republic. when he introduced me to her, i was impressed----cute, fresh girl next door look with a killer body and smile.
we leaned forward to kiss each others cheeks and i caught a whiff of this delicious cream, lime and pear.....wow like a key lime cheesecake (lime/cream and the graham cracker crust)! being on the island, i assumed okay its the scent of tropical beaches/sunscreens/natural skin scent, mixing together etc.
she was shy and her english wasn't that great, my dutch is nonexistent, so i felt awkard to ask her for the perfume name. fast forward to six months later, she comes and visits for two weeks....and i smell that scent again. this lovely young nymph brought the beach with her i thought....ask her what the perfume is....
and she pulled out the adorable, classy bottle with the plaid stripes....
well, i bought the perfume reader, but sadly , the perfume never smelled as good on me as it did on her....and neither did the love between my brother and the dutch beauty who smelled like sun and sand. nevertheless, a beautiful scent that captures and conjures a beautiful carefree time in my lifetime....

sbkoch
sbkoch

Like it a lot. I have the EdT but am looking to get the EdP too.

Quite a sweet scent, but grown up at the same time - this is not a teenager's fragrance. Staying power could be better (again, this is EdT).

Burberry Brit is to me a rainy day's fragrance, warming and comforting - well, British = rainy, right? :)

Vamy69
Vamy69

I hate the opening notes of this perfume...the lime is overwhelming to me but after it is on your skin and it gets to the dry down it is actually quite yummy. On me it is very Ambery and kind of smells a bit like Victoria's Secret Amber Romance. I also get alot of sugary vanilla. Nice!

a_mimi
a_mimi

Burberry Brit is my favorite perfume! I am a pretty laidback person and I only need a scent that I am comfortable wearing every day without being sick of it or it ever being too strong. I am sooo happy i found this because it starts off fresh with its slightly citrusy/fruity yet creamy pear and dries down so warm and inviting. The sillage is enough for someone close by to catch and wonder what smells so good (this is from multiple encounters with people). It never gives me a headache and it's just so warm and inviting because of the drydown which smells like a nicely blended vanilla :) Im not sure how unisex it is; i may have to spray some on the bf to see how others react to him haha.

I also find that it does wear better during the fall/winter months. It still smells nice during the summer but since it's a warm smell, it smells so good in the cold air. It's comforting, like a scarf, during the colder months.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Soft, creamy florals, jordan almonds, and musks...Something sexy, young, and fresh. Warm vanilla makes it feminine, but there is something a bit masculine about this one as well...which amps up the sex appeal. The mingling of the sexes in a bottle. I just adore this one. This has become my go-to comfort scent...perfect too--for nuzzling with your special someone. Sigh.

n.hidayah
n.hidayah

of all perfumes i have, this is one of the best. others just gave me headache especially coco mademoiselle, jadore and white linen light breeze. thanks burberry!

Collector
Collector

Love it. It reminds me of Hypnotic Poison! I love the vanilla scent and it is really a delicious smelling perfume. I don't smell pears, but more a powdery warm scent.

Mareseis
Mareseis

Brit starts out with tangy lime on a base of bright vanilla, giving it a fresh and clean start. Then the scent starts to change, leaving me with a deeper and warmer vanilla, mixed with soft peony on a nutty base. I am surprised to admit that this isn't one of your ordinary fragrances, it's better. It's unique, fresh and warm at the same time, and something you'll stick to once you've tried it.

This was a review for the EdT version. However, the staying power wasn't too good, so I recently ordered the EdP unsniffed. Hopefully this one will be quite as good!

EDIT: Wow. I now have the EdP, and what a winner! Sweet, soft, creamy, just perfect. A little boyish, but in a very sexy way. The staying power is above average as well, and it developes throughout the day. I'm stunned!

beenabela26
beenabela26

I'm sure this is a very nice scent just not on me, when it settled on my skin it smelled like milk, yuck! Wanted to like it because it smelled good when sprayed in the air but no.. :/

OneScent
OneScent

Mmmmmm...first sniff and I was in HEAVEN.

The fresh burst of lime you get stands out the most the minute you spray, but in just a few minutes, the scent transforms into that juicy pear, toasty almonds, and warm vanilla. What an amazing combination this turned out to be.

I just picked up a 100ml EDP bottle and I am just in love!

andrevarx
andrevarx

EDT is a simple, fresh and feminine, I really do not see any complexity or sophistication, but nice. I recommend trying before you compare.

ScentedK
ScentedK

This fragrance is WOW!! I really love this one. Actually bough tit in a flea market at a great price in Florida. I recommend this one a lot.

icekat
icekat

How can I pass the fragrance that claims to represent the English character and especially the English irony? This was definitely an interesting fragrance to try.
Well, for starters I do not think that it is a typical Floral Fruity representation. I do not think that it is a typical sweet gourmand either. The strong lime punch, almond notes, sweet vanilla and a hint of masculine woody notes make it an unlikely odd ball but somehow this mixture does work.

The lime opening is quite strong and sweet sour with just a touch of pear. The almond notes are subtle but definitely present in the beginning and in the heart notes. I only get a faint trace of peony in the heart. The heart notes still have lime but sweeter and with a soapy trace. The heart notes feel aromatic and a bit masculine to me. The dry down brings mahogany wood scent with a bit of vanilla. It has some gourmand sweetness and aroma but it is not a sugar blast bomb. I like it a lot.

Does this fragrance live up to my expectations to bottle the British character? The jury is still out on that but I do like more and more its quirky character. This fragrance can be worn casually. I think it works great in cool weather. I also think that it could be classified as a unisex fragrance. The lasting power is quite good (up to 8 hours). The sillage is medium.

(This review is for EDP)

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

A lime and pear combo sounds disgusting but surprisingly, it works! This is a very unique, lovely scent that smells creamy and sweet with a little bit of citrus bite to it. I love it! :)

rainydays

I received the EDT for Christmas... it's very different from the EDP. The EDT starts off very sharp and masculine, but dries down quickly into something that is reminiscent of the sweet, smooth EDP. I don't really like the opening, but after waiting about 20 minutes, I really like that it becomes energetic, a little boyish, but with a hint of lime and vanilla. It's not overly-feminine, but is still close to the skin and wearable.

larali
larali

Somehow this does smell very, very British. Therefore not for me. It is also not feminine but I can see a Brit girl wearing it with a flannel skirt and peacoat.

Merri
Merri

Brit is very yummy, one of my favorites! I have it in EDP and EDT and do find they are very different. The EDP is more amber, warmer and richer. It's a great "night" perfume. The EDT is a little sharper. there is more lime at first but it dries down to an almondy vanilla. Both are perfect for cooler weather.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

I am really fascinated with Burberry Brit. It smells so good! What I like most about this perfume is that you can smell the pear and lime for a long time before the vanilla takes over. The sillage and longevity are perfection. This lasted on me at least 9 hours. There is something comfortable about this fragrance, but it also has a sexy side. I wore this to work last night and got three compliments in a row. I'm finding myself reaching for this bottle more and more. For such a simple scent, it's very multi-faceted and it's just a gorgeous perfume!

Lady Love
Lady Love

Lime and Pear! What a Risky combination!, this makes Brit a very interesting scent. I didn't really like it at first but I think i understand it now.

Brit can become very powdery but doesn't lose its charm.

la_beba
la_beba

i got myself an edt version of this. & OMG i love it soo much!! it kinda remind me of viva la juicy when o first smell it. maybe it just me. lasting power is amazing for edt. i used this everyday since i got it last week..addicting to this smell currently..love love love this!

Dreams828
Dreams828

I am totally in love with this perfume, it is now my favorite! The beginning reminded me of Nina Ricci because of the lime and pear, even though Nina had apple instead of pear. Brit is really refreshing when you first sprayed it on, then it slowly turn into a cozy almond vanilla blanket that makes me feel so warm and happy in the fall/winter! I also dont like vanilla that is super sweet, Brit has it perfectly mastered!

guest_poppyhunter
guest_poppyhunter

@Aquila_2009: I have been reading your reviews lately and I like them, so I wanted to read a review of yours on Burberry Brit, it's as if you read my mind ! Yesterday I tried Burberry Brit on my skin and I just could not detach my wrist from my nose. The fragrance lasted for long long hours (I tried it in the afternoon, when I woke up in the morning it was still there !) I love the scent of this perfume it's very chic and very hippie at the same time,reminds me of modern, urban and busy lifestyle yet with a romantic touch. It is for a bold and strong woman who is not shy of showing her delicate and sensitive side... perfect for a young, modern lady. The combination of vanilla and sweet peony fits ideally an avant-garde type of femininity. I have never liked most of Burberry fragrances, but this one? I think it's perfect for me and I can't wait to purchase it - hopefully this weekend.

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

This is one of the most delicious fragrances I've ever came across. It's excellently blended, rich, creamy and smooth, mouth-waterieng and simply divine. It's so delicious that I have a hard time struggling to resist an urge to lick it off my wrist.

guest_true love
guest_true love

it is for me ,true love for this fragrance its adorable just love varm fresh and amazing long lasting beauthy

miriel
miriel

I can't stand this one. I read all these positive reviews and went to try it again. The impression was the same: too sweet. I can't breathe with this smell...

guest_brit

my all time favourite perfume peone almond and citruses good combination

mandashell
mandashell

I really like Brit because it's a perfectly sweet, vanillic and lime-y fragrance that is quite a treat for my nose and senses. The almond gives it a neat and nutty yet minutely spicy edge.

Guess it could be sexy, though that is entirely dependant on the wearer but I find it snuggly and comforting. WHat I love most is that it smells like nothing in my collection. WHat I find a teeny bit discouraging is that the Edp version doesn't last terribly long on my skin. What it dries down to on my skin is very pleasant but I have to sniff closely in order to really enjoy the subtle nuances. Luckily it seems to last and project well on cloth materials. ;')

Despite the lasting power( on my skin 3hrs), I still really enjoy it and feel that it will fare even better during warmer (not hot) weather. With this addition I feel as though my little perfume collection is coming along nicely. ;')

brookamimi
brookamimi

The first time I smelled this in a Vogue ad, I knew it was The One. After dropping countless hints, I received it for Christmas. It was even better on than in the magazine and is perfect for any weather or occasion.

guest_brit

It seems like I'm one of the very few who doesn't seem to like/go along with Burberry Brit and I'm by no means "picky" when it comes to fragrances. To me, (with my body chemistry),burberry brit is just sour sour rotten lime scent, no vanilla or almond whatsoever. It lasted forever though, although it did no good on me. I personally prefer Burberry the Beat.

guest_beatrix-göteborg
guest_beatrix-göteborg

i love all the burberry fragrance,just amazings they are but brit dosent stay vith my skin not so long then the B vomen but i love and mi dougther to she juse the edt and its lovely on her

hollycat
hollycat

Happy, youthful, playful, and somehow very sexy and fresh. I have really fallen for this one. I love the lime and almond notes and how they blend so perfectly with the vanilla. A perfect anywhere, anytime scent. As it dries on my skin and cant stop smelling myself, I smell so fresh and sexy.

Great longevity, good sillage. On my want list now.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

This is a nice little perfume. I say little because it doesn't stink up the place with anything strong. It's lemon and vanilla and is pleasant to smell on yourself but doesn't carry too far. You could wear it around everyday without it seeming too much. It's a bit softer and gentler than the original Burberry. It works for me as a low key safe to wear one.

janudy
janudy

Vanilla with a twist of lime. The lime was a really nice twist and reminded me of key lime pie-very tangy. I find it similar to a lot of vanilla fragrances already out in the market, though, except for the lime note. And apparently that lime note is enough for me to buy a bottle of it. So if you are a vanilla lover--try it out!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I am a lucky owner of EDT and EDP and they both are just brilliant!
Apart from Lolita Lempicka, Burberry is the only designer the fragrances of which I am in love with :-) ALL of them! I must say I have my 'pets' amongst these but I truly love them all :-)
Brit is one of my pets, it is a sweet fruity, refreshing fragrance, universal - good for both day and evening, summer and winter.
None of the fruity notes stand out alone, they are so well mixed and balanced, to die for!
EDT seems to be more ''misty'', the EDP is a bit stronger, but due to really great longetivity of all Burberry fragrances, I would say EDTs have a lasting power of EDPs and EDPs have a power of Elixir versions :-)
Brit and Brit Red are simply must haves for all gourmand or fruity lovers!!!

autumn89
autumn89

This is a really warm, cosy scent. The sugared almond note is very prominent, but not sickly.

One of my favourite comfort scents.

LadyDi
LadyDi

Bought this on KoreanAir. Unfortunately, the strong lemony smell
reminds me of a urinal cake. Gave it to my daughter on who it smells beautiful, like a bouquet of spring flowers. So...try it first.

Bab
Bab

Right off the bat I get pepper and powder. Do Peonies smell like pepper?
When it quiets down it's smoother and the almond, amber (very faint)and mahogany come into play.
Very nice. Definitely a keeper. (EDT)

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Ok, we must get past the unattractive bottle. Kinda kills the presentation.

But, the fragrance is smart. The peony and lime come on just a bit strong but settles down quickly into a pleasant clean femme treat when the vanilla kicks in and gives it that cozy wrap around.

Just the right amount of sweet to keep in young and sexy (not trampy).
A definite recommendation for the girls.

Careful, Brit might bring you what you wish for!

Lottis
Lottis

I have Brit EDT to day which I prefer better than the EDP that I had. Gave away the EDP to my mother who loves it. I use it during the day and get very good responses. Not at all fruity or sweet, on me ... rather fresh, soft and long lasting.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I really think this is where Juicy Couture got it's inspiration to make Viva La Juicy. I smelled this for the first time about two weeks ago and last night I smelled Viva and this side by side. Burberry is a little deeper and has a little more depth. It kept changing and changing. Viva stays sweeeeet the whole way through. Viva is also a little bit lighter. I'd say Burberry is Viva's mother.

Roma27
Roma27

Excellent,Excellent,Excellent! This is a Winner all the way. When I wear this I feel like I'm a brand new sophisticated gift being unwrapped. The compliments I receive from men & women when wearing this is totally unbelievable.

StephD

This perfume draws sooo many compliments from men! It is the perfect fall/wainter scent when worn in small quantities. It just draws people closer to you, with its comforting vanilla, spices and almond notes. It reminds me of a soft, beige cashmere sweater. One of my favourite scents, you will not be dissapointed!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This little beauty smells like clean linen & vanilla to me. I don't smell fruits at all. It is very pretty but not distinct or outstanding. It does settle into a lovely clean deep vanilla at drydown but it is a kind of long wait. I much prefer the Brit Sheer. The bottle is wonderful though.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

At first a bit sharp, but quickly turns sweet and soft vanilla. Then comes out a very masculine note, that I don`t like. A man can easily wear this one. It`s nice, but not feminine enough for me.

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

I just tested this in the store today. I couldn't remember the notes before testing it besides I thought it might be one of the vanilla ones and that I have heard good things...

That being said I was very pleasantly surprised! Besides the fact I really love vanilla ones lol. :) I immediately could tell it was a sweet one and light and clean. Was expecting the vanilla but could also smell citrus upon first spray and first few minutes... the the sweet and the clean vanilla. I have sprayed 3 other scents on other parts of my arms but that is the one I kept smelling. :) I was surprised and not expecting the citrus! And I liked the fact that it wasn't sharp. It was fresh and clean lightened the vanilla but not astringent. The vanilla lightented the citrus as well. Sweet but light and clean I can't explain it. I think they balanced each other so nicely.

I was SOOO thinking of buying it. Unfortunately I am BROKE lol. Have to wait. This is definitely on my wish list! I would have never thought to add lime/citrus to a vanilla! I would think that would be perhaps not so good... (gross?) but it smelled delicious. I was really pleasantly surprised by this one. Fresh crisp and sweet/comforting at the same time. Who would have thought? What a nice harmony! :) It almost seems like a happy accident. :) Nice. What a unique combo and I really like that it smelled sweet/ young, but also very classy. Not cloying at all. I can definitely see women of any age wearing this and it's not too sweet to be too young, or get sick of.

Wonderful fragrance! Can't wait to test again. And hopefully BUY! :oD

What a lovely fragrance. :)

misi
misi

A good, sharp, vanilla smelling perfume.

It can be overwhelming sometimes, especially when you first put it on, but eventually the sweeter notes kick in it and it becomes more balanced.

LenaBel
LenaBel

I tried the EDP. The notes are very well blended, it is hard to pick up seperate ones. It is soft, perfect for daytime in autumn/winter. It is moderately sweet and actually quite original scent. Hard to decribe, although I mostly get vanilla and bitter lime which actually blend very nicely together. I like this one.

nyoka
nyoka

i was totally prepared not to like this one.i hate the pkg of all burberry scents.they prepare u for something totally different than what is inside.however,the pear and lemon opening r very refreshing and sweet,like a hot summer time drink.slowly the beguilding scent of dew kissed beautiful white peony overtakes all.i could just put my nose into that peony and inhale forever.this wonderful scent follows u around all day.as night nears,u sense a woody tonka bean(which i love)drydown,followed by a sweet vanilla goodnight.

Abby1920
Abby1920

This is my all time favorite fragrance! No matter how many fragrances I buy, I always seem to go back to this one. I would wear this all the time, but I prefer it to be worn in colder seasons.

sistertricked
sistertricked

I found myself wearing Burberry Brit EDP quite a lot last year, both to work and on weekends. It was simply perfectly warm and fresh, if you can understand that... I especially appreciate the pear and peony on the one hand, and the bergamote on the other, and still I would add the lovely vanilla. It is sweet but not overly so, it could become too much if overapplied. One spray is more than enough for me, I put it in the morning and can still smell it in the eveneing, it is so lasting, in a pleasant, safe and cool way. I found that it changes according to physical activity or concentration, accentuating the bergamote/lime note or the tonka bean and almond warmth. It is already a classic and a safe gift for any vanilla lover (yet it is not all about vanilla). Brit is warm, green and fresh at the same time, simply adorable

Alinaishere
Alinaishere

the smell of this one doesnt compare to the one for men.
that one smells so much better in my opinion. this one is too forgettable
if they make an intense version of this i might have to try it.

Lune d'Ete
Lune d'Ete

I really do not like this one, too sweet, too synthetic, and, to my nose, cheap smelling; caramel pear,syrop-y almond vanilla is what I smell the most. Not a fan at all...

Liz7733
Liz7733

The person that said this smells like Amber Romance is right on. Of course this is so much higher quality and opens with different notes but the dry down is pure amber romance. I really love it and admire the transition of the beginning citrus(lime)notes and the sweet drydown.
EDIT: I have both the EDP and EDT now. I think I like the EDP more as many have said. I think the EDT tends to be more overly sweet and a little nauseating. The EDP is just a little sweet but warm and just perfect.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I bought a bottle of Brit EdT this morning and returned it late in the afternoon. I like all of the notes, but sadly, the green almond in the base teetered between sweet and bitter almond on my skin. A shame, because otherwise this is a pretty floral with some nice gourmand notes.

Nicole79
Nicole79

Burbbery Brit on me is sweet lime-almond-vanilla...defenitely gourmand! I find it Masculine, a man could easily wear it!!! because, at the first sprits, remindes me an cologne or an after shave(maybe Brut Black, or something like that, i'm not sure tho...) ,....
Brit is very nice fragrance, but not my tipe...
Still a thumb up for Brit !!!

ktv0926
ktv0926

Beautiful warm vanilla, fresh florals and delicious almonds - Burberry Brit is so much more interesting than I expected! I'm charmed and comforted by Brit, like by a friendly person with an open heart. Brit smells so good, that I just want to hug myself!

Sissi
Sissi

Ok i heard good reviews on this fragrance so i Decided to buy it
The Scent i didn't know what to make of it at first and i thought maybe it will grow on me so i used it for a while.
but i got tried of it and i'm swaping
it.

There's too much Vanilla Lime very Pungent i did not care for and with the
nutty notes did not mix well in this perfume I Love the bottle Design
it's like a Sherlock Holms Print on a
modern Bottle And it also reminds me of
Walking though Oxford in the 1940's.
Very classy bottle Insipid Scent.

heidii
heidii

in the first place i was convinced there was a light chocolatenote in the opening with some lime(the base is not sweet, but rather fresh & a bit sour/bitter). Maybe it was the combination of pear and almond? Anyway the base is flowery and vanilla, so thats more sweet and feminine. I think its quite original and sophisticated.

daisyann
daisyann

I've always adored the Burberry classic perfume and I decided to try this out since it was always THE signature scent for me, after taking lots and lots of perfume finder tests.

First sniff, my reaction was...this is my signature scent? I am drawn to vanilla scents and I couldn't for the life of me detect the vanilla. Probably because all I could smell was the pear and the lime which I didn't really like in perfumes.

After a while, when the pear and lime dried down, I started to appreciate it. Hmmm...I thought, this smells promising.

And the drydown? I absolutely love it! I guess the quizzes were right after all. It was the scent I've been looking for. I'll just have to remember to spray it on an hour before I go out, to give time for the pear and lime to...dry.

It smells like a woman in control of her world but remains in touch with her feelings.

I love this perfume, the middle notes and base notes anyway...Although I think, I still love the Burberry Classic more :)

P.S.
After my second and third spritzes, the overpowering pear/lime notes disappeared. I don't know if it was my nose which got acclimatized or that the first spritzes stuck in the sprayer tube were not representative of the whole bottle...I don't know.

Still, I'll be wearing this perfume a lot. It has grown on me :)

misscareyann
misscareyann

Burberry Brit is like a hug from someone you love on a cold day.
It is a beautiful vanilla scent, which is not thick or overpowering or oversweet. It is comforting, yet not at all boring. I don't get powdery from Brit, I get a smooth, lightly spiced vanilla.
A cup of hot tea, a cozy blanket, and a good book in winter is what Brit envokes for me.

Puma
Puma

Brit is too creamy and powdery for me, I believe. But it has somethig special and intriguing.
Well, I much more prefer Brit Sheer:)

rainydays

Wow! I must have looked like a crazy person in the store when I tried this out, because I sniffed it and immediately started laughing. It smells (and strongly, might I add) of a drink that my friends and I make in the summer: sweet and creamy limeade. That's EXACTLY what this perfume smells like. Bright, strong lime and smooth, creamy vanilla. Very fun and unique.

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

Truly a wonderful, sophisticated and most importantly long lasting perfume. A bit on the pricey side but worth every penny.

sky76sky
sky76sky

It has taken me a while to properly test other Burberry scents as I adore the original Burberry woman to distraction....I feared that the others would fall far short.

It is true that none so far can even glimpse the high bar set by BW, but I have come to understand & thoroughly enjoy others in range because they all share the Burberry character: secure yet playful, modern yet classic, gentle & inviting.

Brit is warm, fluffy, cosy, soft & powdery. The scent is clear yet simple with moderate sillage & lasting power. Don't expect a story of notes to unfurl, as rithacha rightly says: what you see is what you get.....but it is mixed to perfection & won't disappoint especially if you love almonds & pears on a bed of vanilla.

A big hug in a bottle. Delightful...I may just buy myself a full bottle.

Finally, a word of caution: if you are sensitive to the smell of insect sprays then you may want to avoid this perfume as it is very evident, similar to that found in Diesel Plus Plus.

Daria
Daria

I think I just found the best prefume ever!!!
so soft and sweet,I don't know how I lived without Burberry Brit?!
have to say that I'm a huge fan of Burberry.
the money so worth it,GOD I LOVE this prefume!!
right now this is my no.1! :)

bdette21486
bdette21486

It is a very refreshing scent. In my opinion though it smells like a unisex fragrance. I like burberry london better.

LadyMuck
LadyMuck

Very classy, deep floral which lasts and gets better as you wear it.
Really is a gorgeous sophisticated scent and best worn during cold winter months when you want some warming up.
Sexy Floral!

rithacha
rithacha

Brit oh Brit oh Brit where have you been all my life?! You're soo lovely!

With this perfume, what you get is what you see. You can clearly smell each of the notes listed, and what a heavenly combination it is! Sweet tonka bean and vanilla . . . slightly creamy almond . . . mouth-watering pear, smooth peony, and a little ZING of lime (oh the lime!!). What a brilliamt combination! I'm stunned.

Although I can't really see this on an overly mature or sophisticated woman. Brit is classy, make no mistake, but she's overwhelmingly sweet and youthful. Optimistic, hopeful, bubbly, trusting, a little naive. Young, young, young, with the world at her fingertips. Generous, gracious, with a real sense of humor!!

For me, this is a fragrance for a chilly autumn day. It really warms you up through and through.

tulip09
tulip09

Unfortunately this perfume is not for me. I tried it in a dept store. The smell was so overpowering. It reminded me of the smell of roach/mosquito spray. It took a long time for the scent to die down. Then it became a nice powdery smell.

tangledvines
tangledvines

I bought this unsniffed because Burberry by Burberry is my absolute favorite perfume.... hands down! I read the reviews in here and loved the sound of the notes in the perfume, so when I spotted 2 bottles this evening at a department store, I quickly grabbed one. At first, the lime was really overpowering and I didn't think I was going to like it at all. But after about 30 minutes it began to evolve into something very lovely. I love pear and almonds and they mix together nicely on my skin. Burberry has such style and class and it comes shining through in every perfume I have had the pleasure of sniffing.

Leyla
Leyla

WoW! Burberry Brit really made me realize that there was great scents out there. The top notes to me display a lot of candied pears and almonds. This one is so soft and lovely,but very distinct at the same time.I absolutely love it to bits :-D

LindyLou

This is a lovely perfume I actually have the edt. When my boyfriend hugs me when I have it on I always get compliments. I wear it on my neck and it feels fine in winter or summer day or night. Puts me in a happy and confident mood. :)

StephD

I just bought this perfume. It smells very warm on the skin, like sugared almonds. It also has a depth of spices to it. It's absolutely divine. A must-have for fall and winter months.

Kittycat
Kittycat

I've bought Burberry Brit EDT today (for the winter-time). My opinion: It's oriental, not floral-fruity - because of the tonka-bean, almond and vanilla base. The peony is delicious. It's sweet, but not too sweet as many oriental perfumes. I think it's also suitable for the office and for hot weather. Best of Burberry fragrance.

I LOVE IT!!!
actually i sniffed the EDP and by mistake, i purchased( by internet) the EDT..
at the beginning i was soooo sad
but.....it`s so lovely also the EDT
is nice, warm, perfect for autumn/ winter
it`s a bit spicy at the beginning, but the dry down is very vanilla
i am so happy now..still i would like to have also the EDP:)

SylvanFox
SylvanFox

This is a crowd pleaser. It is innocuous. No one would dislike it. It also doesn't have that thing that makes it a "have to have". I can smell the rounded almondy scent, the sweet vanilla (in moderation and not at all in the forefront), florals and citrus, but it isn't for me. The bottle I had was used up, but I would rather try something new than buy another. This is a very safe gift scent.

*sophi*
*sophi*

I am looking out of the window and the ground is wet.Autumnal weather outsside.Leafs are falling on the ground.The smell of woodies damped by the rain is very intense.It is time for Burberry Brit.Caramelled almond and sweet beans of tonka and vanilla,gives you the feeling of warmth.Now you feel cossy on your sofa and confindent of yourself.A nice,autumn casual keeps you warm all-day long.

wynstelle
wynstelle

Unfortunately, not for my skin. The base notes do not go with me at all. I have a brand new full bottle if anyone is interested, in box.

c3c
c3c

I agree this starts out smelling like a unisex perfume, then it fades to a pleasant soft vanilla fragrance. While it isn't particularly feminine, it's a nice anytime, anywhere perfume.

Kate_Perfume_Addict
Kate_Perfume_Addict

I just bought today: Burberry Brit, Burberry Touch and Burberry Weekend.

Touch and Weekend - not really "my cup of tea" but Burberry Brit is not bad at all! (I'm not saying the other two are bad, I just preffer this one)

*sniffs wrist & smiles* Mmmm..vanilla, I like it! (and cinnamon aswell? I do feel some cinnamon o.o)

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

It's a beautiful well-balanced slightly powdery vanilla scent-It reminds me a lot of Amor Amor, but I smell pear instead of grapefruit. I prefer Amor Amor, but that's just me. It's partially because the sprayer on the bottle of the EDP I bought doesn't always work, and also the juice in my bottle seems far less potent than the sample I tried. I checked the bottom to see if it was an EDT, but it is indeed EDP. Beautiful anyway, even if I have to spray myself all over with it (and I have a pretty light hand when it comes to my fragrances).

I went over to my friend's house wearing this, and her cat wouldn't stop licking my purse--she could smell it there! So I had to move my purse into my friend's room to save it from Mildred's tongue.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I tested this out yesterday and I'm IN LOVE. I had this in EDT version (I bought it when it first came out and EDP wasn't yet available) and it didn't last two hours on my skin. I've had the same problem with the original Burberry and Burberry London, so I was prepared to write off all of Burberry's scents as having no lasting power, when I happened to pick up the bottle of Brit EDP while testing some other scents and gave myself three generous sprays before leaving the perfume department. That was at around 4:00 yesterday afternoon and I could still smell it when I woke up this morning. I'm so impressed and so happy that I've found a version of this that lasts.

Now, getting to the scent itself: this is one sugary, sweet, creamy smell, but it's fresh and musky at the same time, keeping it from ever crossing the border into "Pink Sugar" territory. While it's true that I like sweet, vanilla scents, it's also true that I'm much fonder of a sweet scent that's balanced with just the right amount of other accords, so that it's more of a composition than a dessert.

I have trouble smelling the pear in Brit, but pear is a note that I've always had a hard time discerning in perfumes. I do, however, smell the lime, as it's quite prominent for about the first hour or so, and I'm happy to say that while it does fade with wear, it remains a part of the composition until the very end of the dry-down, keeping things fresh until the last whiff. This is the only fragrance I've smelled in which the citrus (lime in this case) top note carries itself into the base notes, and that's something to be admired. The beginning of Brit is sweet, frsh, and a bit peppery. The notes which are most prominent to my nose throughout the middle of the scent's wear, are sugared almonds, lime, vanilla, and tonka, with the dry-down consisting of mostly vanilla, tonka, some spices, and what smells to my nose of the slightest hint of white musk.

There is nothing here that is offensive, nothing cloying, nothing bland or boring. This is a scent to wear when a touch of confidence is needed (a job interview, first date, speech in front of a crowd, etc.) as I can't imagine anyone being offended by Brit, and rather expect everyone to be blown away by it.

If you're going to try this scent for the first time, or have only ever worn it in EDT form, please do yourself a favor and reach for the EDP; yes, it's a bit pricier, but not having to reapply every couple of hours will save you money in the long run, and the EDT doesn't really go through the spicy, warm, musky transformation at the end that the EDP goes through, which seems to last forever.

Unless you absolutely hate anything even slightly sweet, you'll probably at least find this pleasant, and if you're a fan of sweet scents, you're in for a treat.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

I've only owned Brit once but WOW, it smells great on me! Talk about compliments....I received many! It's sweet yet fresh. Not overly sticky. I definitely want more!!!

MoietToi
MoietToi

I am part British so I figured that I should try it ;P. Anyways the opening is very citrusy and somehow it reminds me of orange soda or maybey Fanta. However later it becomes less soda esque and becomes much more floral but with loads of pear mingling around with the unidentifyed flowers. This perfume actually reminds me of England. To be spefic it reminds me of the Summers in Kent when I was a child. Beacuse I remember that I drank alot of soda in England and since we stayed in a farm house you could always smell a crisp scent of flowers. Wherever you went.

elaida_00

i tried this fragrance..i searched for it for some time; it is sooooo lovely, i cannt wait to buy it: very fresh at the begimming but as it dries out is very vanilla sweet vanilla

gucci
gucci

this fragrance is very nice floral and fruity but a bit citrusy it gets worm a few minutes after spraying it but i have to say it's very noticeable i but what i notice the most is the nice edgy lime at first then i get a wiff of vanilla pear and the base of tonka bean great fragrance for the summer and winter

falovalo
falovalo

To me, it smells identical to Hanae Mori. If I closed my eyes and smelled each, I wouldn't be able to distinguish one from the other.

Anyway, it smells wonderful. Creamy, warm and comfortable. It's a wonderful mix of vanilla and almonds. It kind of stays close to the skin, though.

TashaRose
TashaRose

This is one of the best fragrances I've ever had the pleasure of owning. It's so unique and fresh, not exactly feminine but still sophisticated and sexy. There is a hint of vanilla to it, but for me it's more of a spicy lime scent with a hint of pear and vanilla in the background.

Rather than the scents competing for attention, they manage to compliment each other perfectly and blend into a beautiful, warm combination of scents that is simply a delight to your senses! The bottle is classy and cute, and it matches the scent perfectly.

My sister came over yesterday and gave it a try and she fell in love with it as well. Though I can admit that this fragrance wouldn't be for everyone, I believe that on the right body chemistry this perfume is classy, sexy, and simply elegant. My collection wouldn't be complete without it.

sam
sam

The smell of the English countryside during autumn. Beautiful scent with a very good atmosphere. Pear, almond, vanilla, spicies. Perfect combination... I prefer the edt to the edp.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

If pepper could be made of vanilla, orange blossom and essence of lime, that would be this fragrance. Or at least it would be the top note of this refreshing yet warm scent.

Lets start at the very beginning: It has a kick. Peppery and green with lime and vanilla notes that warms up your olfactory system.

Next it cools down, and is a little less spunky, mellowing to a fantastic and Orange Julius like hazy. It reminds me of being a young child and yet I could imagine women of all ages wearing this and feeling young again.

As it closes it's like flecks of sliver catching the light (or in this case the scent) during a sunset.

It's sweet, it's poetic... this scent is an excellent addition to any collection, even if you are someone like me who has a few variations on both the citrus/bergamot and vanilla fragrances.

guest_Eri Brit
guest_Eri Brit

I LOVE IT!!! I use it almost every day since five years ago!!! I bought it without smell it before, just because of the bottle, but my best friend said, that fragance is you...so it's me, kinda weird, you know with all this constrasts,is my all life favorite!!! and i just bought my new supply for this summer, and i love The Beat too, i had to buy other fragance because my boyfriend is tired od Brit, haha

I just love this perfume. I'm not usually a floral or vanilla-y perfume kind of girl but there's something about this that is just exactly the right balance; warm, sweet, comforting and fresh.

j_unicorn
j_unicorn

Very sweet, warm and long-lasting! I like it very much.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Finally, I tried this fragrance. The top notes I think were very common on me- lime mainly with some pear. And makes it perfect fragrance for summer I didn't immediately fell in love with this one. However middle notes is the best part of this fragrance- it's fresh, citrusy, sweet vanilla- perfect blend, very good balanced- it's not over the top sweet, it's just right! I find this not very intensive fragrance, the sillage is medium, lasting power is great. Lime goes with the middle notes here too and it's quite nice lime, juicy and sour. I like this one, but I think I prefer the Brit Sheer called one, in pink bottle- it was so intensive that one day I tried it on paper strip it even gave me a headache. :D
Bottle is stylish and cool too, I love minimalistic and decorated like that ones- stripes, very reminds me of England, I can imagine wearing this fragrance in sometimes sultry summer day on the streets of some city in Yorkshire, past the various shops there and suddenly starts to rain... If you know how sultry sometimes it is you'll understand why Brit is citrusy.

blueberrypie
blueberrypie

Sandelwood is the first thing I smell with Brit. A lot of it. I kept trying to smell the pear and the almond but couldn't, and just when I started thinking I shouldn't have bought it before sampling it first the sandelwood subsided and Brit turned into the sweet, yet fresh scent I was hoping for. I still don't get any pear but I do get the almonds and the vanilla now. Lovely. I bought this for a spring scent but I think it'll be great all year round.

I love that every Burberry fragrance I have tried manages to be unique yet classy at the same time. Burberry Brit certainly does not fail me in that opinion.

Brit is slightly sweet, yet nothing like the sweet celebrity scents on today's market. The sweetness of the pear and the lime is rather refreshing. Brit also exudes elegance and sophistication, making it a perfect scent for special occasions or evening wear.

I love that this fragrance, if sprayed on your clothes, leaves a divine warm vanilla scent which you can smell everytime you open your wardrobe.

While wearing this scent you are guaranteed to feel feminine, desirable and incredibly sexy. This is one very unique and lovable fragrance.

Amanda79
Amanda79

Burberry Brit is very spring/summer for me! I was expecting a wintry perfume. At first its spicy-sour-bitter-fresh-shocking LIME! No sweetness there. That cute little peony flower works wonders in minutes toning down that sharp lime! My favorite part is the dry down which happens pretty quickly. On me its like toasted almonds, sugary pears and creamy vanilla with just a tad bit of woodsy and tonka notes in the background.
The dry down is a lighter/flanker version to Jessica Simpson's Fancy but not as gourmand as Fancy because of the woodsy mahogany.

noharadwan
noharadwan

a very sweet long lasting perfume , the top notes are so obvious but yet after warming up youi'll get a very sexy feminine notes that make the scent so seductive

christina~xoxo
christina~xoxo

love the dry-down on this..very warm and sweet, like toasted almonds with a sugar coating..classy and appealing..but dont over do it or you wont get that effect..

this is on of the most sophisticated scents ever.I don't think nobody really hate it,as it has nothing overwhelming,but the almond lovers will admire it best.
it's my favorite brit version in compare to the gold,red and sheer fragrances.I really enjoy the juicy and delicious scent of pear.
totally to me it smells like a cake.very warm,delicious and fruity.since it's sweet,lime doesn't let it be too sweet.it's like a less complicated of lolita,lolita with more almond and without violet would smell something like this.
I think it's suitable for any age,from a teenager to an old fashioned lady.but it matches the house keepers the best.
I have a miniature of this fragrance and when I wear it,my mum always stop asking which perfume I'm wearing that day.
it's either very light or the long lasting power is not very good.after an hour I can hardly smell something.it still exist,but very very light.

ramiske
ramiske

My sister in law just loves Burberry, so I keep trying their scents. This is the first that I actually like. When I read the description of the notes, I ordered a mini. I just love pear and almond, so I was pretty sure I would like it.

And I love it! Light and sophisticated, and not your average fruity/floral. Actually, I would say it is more gourmand.

I think I will be looking for a large bottle now:) The more I wear this, the more I love it!

Spring25
Spring25

This is the first Burberry fragrance I have tried, and I was pleasantly surprised. I got it as a sample not expecting much. I tried it the other day, and REALLLY liked it. I found it very warm and comforting - kind of like one of their scarves.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

quite sweet, but not in an intoxicating way... just sweet enough to be feminine, but light enough to be wearable in the office. it's perfect for all day use.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A timeless green oriental with an eccentric British attitude.
A sexy, eccentric scent. With touches of lime, icy pear and green almond. It also has hints of white peony, sugared almond, mahogany wood, amber, vanilla beans and tonka beans

Cherub573
Cherub573

After the initial notes wear off (the lime in particular), this smells nearly identical to Amber Romance by Victoria's Secret, which I wore for a short time. The fragrance is sophisticated and grown up, but still very sweet. Sugary, almond-y, with depth from amber and vanilla.

Elumina
Elumina

Today i got a sample of this and i was really suprised how lovely it is. You smell much of the peony and vanilla, very classic, creamy, feminine and therefore better for evening. But i also can imagine wearing this every time of the year and the EDT version lasts pretty long. If someone would ask me how 'perfume' should smell, i would say "Try Burberry Brit and you will know it". Cant stop smelling my wrist. :)

snobuni77
snobuni77

A co worker wears this & every time she walks past me I get a wiff of the pear/vanilla blend.It does smell very nice,not very deep but fresh & simple.It is a young warm & playful scent.

I might have to stay away from her because it is making me want to by this

alicektn
alicektn

EDP

I liked its opening notes, very bright and sweet at the same time. The middle note was a flat vanilla and nothing else.The almondy-tonka drydown was very simple too ,but I liked it. I love almond notes on my skin!

I don't know, maybe I would buy it just for the drydown, maybe I would not. If i had it as a present though, i would wear it very often.
-----

EDT

It's softer and creamier with the pear lasting more. Very lovely. I prefer this over the EDP. Has a very good lasting power too!

Miss Fragrance
Miss Fragrance

Just got in as a Christmas-present and like it. It smells nice with the pear and vanilla. Though it's a little different from the ones I use to like. I think I will use it a lot.

A cozy spiced vanilla. Easy to wear, flexible and reasonably priced. It isn't a statement-maker, but sometimes you just want to smell good.

marina_lil
marina_lil

It starts with a very strong expressed lemon notes but after that a warm coat of sweetness wraps you and takes your mind to the cosy chair in front of the fireplace with a cup of milk with honey.

lunaclaire
lunaclaire

Love it. I get the lime first off, crisp & fresh. It mellows into a vanilla/pear scent without being foody. It has a classy elegant feel to it.

BethAshley
BethAshley

This perfume is for the woman that wants it all. It is classic and feminine but still modern. It is crisp and refreshing yet warm and inviting.

When Brit is first applied the fresh smelling lime stands out but then quickly dries down to a comforting almond/pear essence. The almond is lovely as it is used for warmth and does not overwhelm as it does in other perfumes.

The best thing about Brit it that it uses fruit and gourmand scents in such a refined way -- they add comfort and playfulness to this perfume rather than becoming overly sweet.

Makk
Makk

Brit are like baking pear with almond, with winter behind the windows.
We could see beauty of snow, we could feel frost on our cheeks but the taste of baking pear with almond fill us inside

essija
essija

Love this and I get a lot of Lime at first then it drys down so soft, warm and sexy. It like floating on clouds.. I can wear this one all year long and never tire of it. One friend said "that is your scent" .. Always love the Burberry's...

Aysu
Aysu

Such a dissappointment for me.. I found it just boring. Feels like you added lots of vanilla in a men's cologne..
I love sweet scents but this is not a lovely sweet it is just one of those boring sweets.. I find all other Burberry's scents beautiful but I just find it ordinary and in my opinion it is in the same cathegory with YSL Cinema and Dolce Vita from Dior, boring sweets..

dina
dina

Beautiful and light fragrance which would suite office, shopping and every day use.
The opening is quite citrusy (lime) but at the dry down the fragrance develope into amber and vanilla.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Too much going on with this one. I do like it, but it just smells so busy and and the topnotes are really shrill. I think the lime kills it for me. Strangely enough, though, I do wear it occasionally. Go figure. Love all the Brit bottles, though!

sjanira
sjanira

I tried the edp a couple days ago and it smelled really sweet to me. At first I thought 'oh great' 'another sweet smelling generic perfume'. After a while I kept smelling this soft, powdery, comforting smell and realized it was me!! It lasted for a few hours but I only put a little bit on my wrist so I guess the staying power is ok considering is so soft and powdery smelling. Bottom line: I like it.

amanda

its so much like lacome hypnose, or hypnose is like this?:) but its a bit lighter and its more for everyday use, and less onesided, i like hypnose too tho.

rockerbabe
rockerbabe

Oh my! I LOVE Burberry London for women AND Burberry Brit! Brit is both cool and warm to me and better suited. Besides the scents, I crave a Burberry scarf though...maybe one day I will break down. Back to the scents, both are soothing vanilla scents and actually fit the Burberry lifestyle to me, I must admit it that I fall for ALL Burberry range and for me there are no perfumes has the similar scents like Burberry. I love the Tonka beans note. As for the Red one, well, for some reason, this one did not please my nose. On paper, it looks like it would, too. Just goes to show you can't judge a perfume by it's notes on paper!

angelineangel
angelineangel

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

My skin usually soaks up most mild smelling scents i.e. Oscar de la rente - Oscar, and I can no longer smell them on me so have to constantly keep spraying. But....this one....is perfect for me!

Urban Skies
Urban Skies

Warm and sweet (vanilla), but also a little bit masculine. At first I thought it was a unisex fragrance.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I didn't like it. To me it was almost bordering on masculine in fragrance and not at all feminine. It just didn't do anything for me.

elgab89
elgab89

Burberry perfumes are always runner ups with me. This one is less powerfull than the original / London Britt... More adequate for summer wear. Thumbs up!

2007

Burberry Brit by Burberry 3.87 out of 5 based on 3444 ratings and 525 user reviews

Burberry Brit Mini by Burberry, .14 oz Mini EDT for Men
BURBERRY BRIT SUMMER for WOMEN by Burberry EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ EDITION 2012
BURBERRY BRIT SUMMER for WOMEN by Burberry EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ EDITION 2012
Burberry Brit Perfume by Burberry, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Burberry Brit Perfume by Burberry, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Burberry Brit Perfume by Burberry, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
BURBERRY BRIT for WOMEN by Burberry EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
BURBERRY BRIT for WOMEN by Burberry EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Burberry Brit Cologne by Burberry, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Burberry Brit Cologne by Burberry, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Burberry Brit
Burberry Brit Rhythm Perfume by Burberry, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Burberry Brit Cologne by Burberry, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Burberry Brit Cologne by Burberry, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Burberry Brit Summer Perfume by Burberry, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2012 for Women
BURBERRY BRIT SUMMER for WOMEN by Burberry EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ EDITION 2012
Burberry Brit Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 1.7 fl oz
Burberry Brit Eau de Toilette Natural Spray for Women, 1.7 fl oz
Burberry Brit Eau de Toilette Natural Spray for Women, 1.7 fl oz
Gift Set 0.15oz
BURBERRY VARIETY for MEN by Burberry SET-5 PIECE MENS VARIETY WITH BURBERRY THE BEAT BURBERRY BRIT BURBERRY BURBERRY TOUCH BURBERRY SPORT ALL ARE EDT MINIS .15 OZ EACH
Burberry Brit Perfume by Burberry, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Burberry Brit Eau de Toilette Spray for Men, 3.4 fl oz
Burberry Brit Eau de Toilette Spray for Men, 3.4 fl oz
Burberry Brit Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 3.3 fl oz
Burberry Brit Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 3.3 fl oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Burberry Brit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Burberry Brit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Burberry Brit by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Burberry Brit by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.