Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Burberry Brit Gold Burberry for women

Burberry Brit Gold Burberry for women
dislike

Burberry Brit Gold Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Gold Burberry for women Pictures

Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry is oriental floral fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Antoine Lie. Top notes are magnolia, black currant, neroli and bergamot; middle notes are amber, vanilla; base notes are sandalwood, musk and benzoin. Burberry Brit Gold was launched in 2005.

Magnolia Black Currant Neroli Bergamot

Amber Vanilla Orris

Sandalwood Musk Benzoin

Ambre Noir

Burberry Brit Gold Fragrance Reviews

Hayven
Hayven

The olfactory "picture" that pops into my mind is a fashionable lady's face powder spilled in the bottom of her vintage leather Burberry bag.

The vanilla is not creamy to me; it is spicy and powdery.

This is more in the same vein of Brit Red rather than the original; It's essentially Brit Red without the rhubarb. One of the very few floral orientals I adore.

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

I wish this was not a limited edition! It's so hard to get your hands on, but I love it so much that I don't care about paying a high price for it.

It is such a dark and deep, smooth musky vanilla scent with a ton of amber and a tiny bit of that creamy magnolia-floweriness. A very intensive, oriental scent.
Perfumes like this always make me calm, I don't know why! They remind me of incense and meditation, something which is really intriguing and captivating.

For me it has nothing in common with the original Brit (which I love, too).

Super long-lasting, but don't you apply too much. It can be overwhelming. ;)

ZELJO

christmas smell in a bottle, even better for new years eve

Susan_b
Susan_b

I received this from a client. He meant to by the original but got me this. When I sprayed it I was disgusted. It was waaaay to musky and I felt it lacked the charm of the original. The dry down was another story. It was beautiful, I loved it and being the perfume snob that I am, I loved the fact not everyone had this version. I have gone threw at least 3bottles. Since it's discontinued, I use it sparingly and only on special occasions in the fall/ winter.

dewibluebell
dewibluebell

Powdery and warm. To me, it has a slightly leather-like base. It's only slightly sweet, in a very dry vanilla way. Brit Gold is fine, but doesn't really say or do much of anything. I think there are more interesting powdery/balmy fragrances out there. Plus this is discontinued.

auroramaria
auroramaria

I bought this one today as a bargain and cause I love regular Brit so much, but I think I made a big mistake.
First of all it is a bit too masculine and sour for my liking and the vanilla is just odd, not pleasant at all.
I thought it would be warm and cosy but all I got is this sour, bitter smell, really not attractive.
Sometimes my blind buys are succesful, this one wasn't.Shame

I wish Burberry would bring this flanker back into production. It is divine, like most Brit flankers tend to be.

If you love woodsy vanilla scents, I would highly recommend that you go to the effort of trying to track down a bottle. Not to mention, the gold packaging is exquisite.

Brit Gold opens with luscious, creamy vanilla and musky orris root. This blend is both sensual and delicious. The heart is a tad richer with powdery sandalwood, syrupy amber and sweet benzoin. A subtle hint of black currant appears every now and then, and works beautifully alongside the dominant vanilla accord.

I honestly wasn't a huge fan of Burberry Brit, but I have since fallen head over heels in love with Brit Red and now this one, Brit Gold. Brit Sheer was also enjoyable as a fresh, citrusy floral for Summer.

Vanilla scents always make me feel warm and cuddly and Brit Gold is no exception. It smells a lot more expensive than what it's worth. It's such a pity that it isn't more readily available. I think that if it was still around today it would be a best-seller.

The longevity is incredibly good, as is the sillage. Burberry often produces clean and casual scents for everyday wear, but Brit Gold smells like a filthy-rich goddess; pure luxury. I highly recommend.

samloves
samloves

First of all I have never ever experienced such longevity, wow 8 hours and I'm still smelling of it. Ok It's definitely a winter perfume and probably more a going out one. It's totally unisex on me, in fact its more male on me then female, however, I find it sexy, morning after smell, a bit dirty. I think men would like it on a woman. Love it. Shame its not around anymore

tsunnami
tsunnami

Too strong of a fragrance for me.
I think the vanilla is overpowering to begin, and when it sets - it doesn't calm the vanilla.
I bought it, and after a few years, hadn't used more than a quarter of it, so I gave it away.

mahadewi
mahadewi

I blind bought a big bottle of this a few years ago. I love sandalwood and oriental perfumes a lot and based on the reviews I read at the time was convinced I would love it. However,,,5 years later and an almost full-bottle is still sitting on my dressing table because even sniffing the bottle disgusts me. I tried it again tonight, as it's winter and thought that maybe even if I don't like it maybe it would appeal to my husband. And actually found that if I sniff deeply after first spraying I can smell a lovely sandlewood fragrance, but the longer I have it on all I can smell is a strong sickly sweet vanilla and nothing else. Some people might like it, but unfortunately I just can't force myself to enjoy it... as much as I've tried!

Dollycat
Dollycat

Love this one! It´s a very oriental and heavy scent suitable for winter. In winter it will leave a warm and cozy feeling on your skin. It´s sweet too but in an oriental way. It reminds me of the harems in the middle east. It´s a pity that burberry has discontinued this one. You can also mixes this one with burberry red than you will have a very unique but delicious new scent!

ZELJO

bought that today at a bargains shop, it was so cheap and the bottle so golden than I couldnt help myself,this is a quite nice warm smell than easily could be unisex,sweet and frutal at the same time, quite good, but, again, best thing is the bottle...
UPDATED Love it, wish I could get more bottles of this---

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have a cruelty free imitation oil of Burberry Brit gold. I have never laid my nose upon the original scent.

I adore my imitation of it! It is so warm,creamy, yet gentle green.

To me,all perfumes/colognes are unisex. It is really about each individual's perception. In my perception,all scents are open to anyone. The label does not matter to me. No perfume/cologne has a set gender to me.

I get a lot of gorgeous powder from this scent! There is definitely an iris bloom note in here. You cannot mistake that precious iris powder! :0)

I have been noticing myself being drawn to a certain "afterhshave accord",or note. I love this earthy/woody note mixing in harmony with an alluring perfumey sort of vanilla cream I adore. (The benzoin in Gold can give a sweet impression kind of like vanilla)

I get both of these notes working in tandem in my Burberry Brit Gold imitation (The cream sweet of benzoin,which also gives the green impression too.Makes it seem like 2 notes in 1!)

This really makes me weak in the knees!

This perfume also gives a strong incense smoke feeling too,very sultry.

I have a little trick I have been doing with this. I have a bottle of real benzoin styrax that is held in alcohol. I put some of the styrax liquid in my palms,and let it soak in a bit. I put some of my Burberry Brit Gold on my arm. I then kind of mix the two together (then I wash the remaining styrax liquid off my hands really well).

It is truly intoxicating! It is warm,sweet,caramel deeply beneath the richest resins,green tones,woodsy beautiful!

**Just be careful putting the same thing on your own skin. Even things from our beautiful earth can be poisonous to us. Plus the added alcohol in my bottle would be toxic as well. I only put the tiniest drop of the styrax directly on my skin,rub into my arm,then rinse it completely off my hands. Please be careful putting this resin oil on your hands/skin.

Enjoy! :0)

viviana.pace
viviana.pace

Lovely. Especially in winter/ fall. Excellent sillage, it lasts all day. Very mysterious and cozy at the same time. I can feel the magnolia mingled with sandal and the amber, oh, the amber...Delicious.

Rouu
Rouu

I LOVE IT , I would love to get a bottle !

iam surprised there is no iris... i smell it some where at the heart creating an overall sweet powdery effect,
then the warm , warm , warm and hint of warmth along the heart and dray down , its absolutely the SANDALWOOD ..amazing , more than amazing
some one here mentioned it remind her/him of Agent Provocateur maitress ! I AGREE , totally agree with it , the dry down is almost the same as maitress that i adore ,
please if any one interested in swap i would be very generous to get this one !

SheShe
SheShe

I had a sample. I quickly got rid of it because there are fragrances that smell unbearable on me - it was one of them.
I couldn't accept the awful sour cucumber note that was very strong. The scent was very vegetable-like on me and sour to the point of sickness really. It was also very potent. I like Brit Red, but Brit-Gold - no way. It's an extremely sour vegetable oriental on me...

Sandalwood vanilla with an inexplicable bug repellent note that doesn't blend at all on my skin. Might work for others, but it's odd on me. Not bad, just not good

olga1780
olga1780

I have had it for a while and find it a very luxurious fragrance. I don't use it very often though because it is more of a special occasion perfume...too formal for casual wear.
Awlays get a lot of compliments when wearing it.
This is my favourite Burberry and the the only one i consider a true masterpiece.

adele l
adele l

Burberry classic is my favorite- and will remain that way! Brit and London are quite nice and Red is very interesting with the rhubarb. Gold is quite different from all the above and not quite my cup of tea..it is strong and vintage, somewhat dirty on my skin. Very overwhelming amber in the drydown mingled with vanilla- can't smell the flowers so to speak. I think if you enjoy an old-fashioned, rich amber it might be up your alley.

Lottis
Lottis

hm ... okay ... not at all like I thought it would be.
Very much vanilla and a bit too sweet ... almost overwhelming.
Yet I think it feels very luxurious somehow ... Ladylike.

Not for me.

BIG
BIG

the notes listed here are wrong and incomplete. the carded sample states it contains: magnolia, neroli, orris, heliotrope, sandalwood and patchouli.

LindyLou
LindyLou

Yummy smelling a bit like a coffee affogato. (strong coffee and vanilla icecream together, mmmm). I don't know a whole lot about what makes it smell that way. I recommend it for cold weather use because it is quite a strong warm scent. If I spray it on my neck is probably a bit overpowering at first, especially if it gets on my collar, but when wearing it on the wrists I find it quite pleasant and it has a pretty good staying power. Use sparingly.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

I liked this one! It's a little more luxurious than Brit yet very similar and maybe more so for a special occasion.

rosaria
rosaria

Every time I wear Brit Gold it gives me a warm and cozy feeling.

The lasting power is great. The intoxicating musk and sandalwood make this fragrance sexy and exotic.

If you like spicy fragances like Organza Indecence. It’s possible you’ll like Brit Gold too. To my nose these two fragrances look similar. I love both…

Every time I wear Brit Gold it gives me a warm and cozy feeling. Brit Gold, a floral-orienal fragance has notes of magnolia, black currant, neroli, bergamot, amber, vanilla, sandalwood, musk and benzoin.
If you like spicy fragances like Organza Indecence, It’s possible you’ll like Brit Gold too. To my nose these two fragrances look similar. I love both…

just imagine the original burberry brit.now add more intense,stronger and sweeter notes.wash away the lovely,fruity pear note mixed with almond and volia!it's brit gold.
to me this is very sweet,maybe it's because of black currant,but totally there isn't any sour,citrus note to fade the sweetness.
I think this one is more old fashioned.I would go for the original brit.this one is more suitable for +40 women and too sweet to take for me.

ZeeK
ZeeK

Have tried it for my wife:
Is it a fragrance??? Only to cater those who likes to smell edible (food). Very very bad experience as i was not expecting this from "Burberry Brit Gold". For me its like rubbing a creamy vanila icecream or something all over the skin. Go for "Burberry London Special" if you want something sensual.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

Feminine and seductive, Brit Gold found its place among my favourites from the first sniff. The amber, vanilla and sandalwood notes are easy to notice but still not overwhelming. A perfect evening perfume.

Bright, sunny oriental that is primarily sandalwood at end. Really strong sandalwood. Too much, as a matter of fact. I'll pass on this one.

angelahta
angelahta

One of my favorite. Brit Gold is a very feminine fragrance, full of mystery and seduction. And it has very good staying power.

afraafra

I it didn't have magnolia in it , it would have been a great unisex fragrance.

afraafra

Too vanilly, could drydown a little nondescript, brit is better

Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry 4.05 out of 5 based on 137 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Burberry Brit Gold fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Burberry Brit Gold, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Burberry Brit Gold by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.