Designers » B » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women Burberry for women

Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women Burberry for women
dislike

Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women Burberry for women Pictures Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women Burberry for women Pictures

As pair to this year's edition for men Burberry Brit Rhythm for Men, Burberry is presenting edition for women signed by perfumers of the house of Givaudan Nathalie Cetto and Antoine Maisondieu. The new fragrances introduce „aromatic and fresh English lavender from Kent that plays key role in the composition, while orange and iris add a dose of sensuality ".

This is the first fragrance by Burberry that has lavender as central note that plays the main role in the composition. English lavender is much more aromatic that the French lavender and its shades in this composition are more prominent. Creator's and perfumer’s wish was to use the typical ingredient arriving from England – as pointed out by Nathalie Cetto. She also adds that the new Burberry perfume has a fundamental paradox in its essence – confrontation of spicy ingredients such as pink pepper and floral notes of Petalia playing till the base notes. Scent of peony evokes youth and is somewhat lighter that the scent of rose and the effect of the new Givaudan molecule provides the feeling that you are in a cloud of peony petals!

Top notes of the new fragrance await us with English lavender, pink pepper and neroli, taking us to the heart of orris absolute, blackberry leaves and orange blossom combined with specially patented molecule of the house of Givaudan named Petalia carrying the scent of peony accords. The base incorporates vetiver, musk and vibrant wood. The fragrance is expected on the market from January 28th 2014 and will be available in all official Burberry stores. It will premiere on January 3rd 2014 at Sephora in Paris (Avenue des Champs-Élysées), while the London premiere will be held on January 23rd 2014 in Selfridges.

Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women arrives as 30, 50 and 90 ml EDT. The offer will also include 150ml body lotion, 50ml hair scent, 150ml body bath and 100ml deodorant.

Just like the version for men Burberry Brit Rhythm for Men the fragrance for women is closely connected with music and acoustic performance – explains Christopher Bailey. Like previous perfumes of Burberry collection, the new fragrance for women features DNA of the brand and follows the style of the house. He adds: "Rhythm for Women has the aim to capture emotion, excitement and attitude that live music provides. That is truly a kind of adrenaline that you get from the music..." Fluid color of the new perfume is soft pink and contains powdery softness and sensibility.

This fragrance will also be promoted and accompanied by fashion line Burberry that will be launched additionally. It will include a special collection of leather jackets and smoky-eyes make-up worn by Suki Waterhouse in provocative video ad and black and white advertising campaign that announces new editions. Bailey points out that from now on clothes, purses and nail polish will be created to be wearable together, thanks to new division in the house of Burberry. Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women was created by Nathalie Gracia-Cetto and Antoine Maisondieu.

Lavender Pink Pepper Neroli Aldehydes

Nivea Eau de Toilette

Burberry Brit Rhythm for Women Fragrance Reviews

deakrek
deakrek

Very warm-spicey scent, similar to Jil Sander: Jil (maybe the lavender...) on me this one is very masculine from about the second minute. Amazing to sniff, not so much to wear.

fabirss
fabirss

Burberry Brit Rhythm is truly an "I don't fragrance" for me. It opens very sharp and although the sharpness softens with the passing of time, the dry drown delivers a peppery lavender on my skin. I mean, it is not bad AT ALL. The thing is that, in my opinion, lavender is supposed to be a calming scent, something that doesn’t happen with BBR because the pepper remains there, somehow, spicing things up. I like the fragrance. I really do. But I also dislike the long lasting linearity of this peppery lavender scent. And because I’m trying to stick to fragrances that I really love, this one went to my swap/give away list.

tanya.love700
tanya.love700

Might sound crazy, but I actually really love this scent, however I CANNOT wear it everyday because it's something I can easily get sick of after 3 days...

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

It's such a love/hate perfume. When I first sprayed it, I impressed a friend hard to. Imagine her signature is La vie est belle-Lancome. I don't know why I gave it a try. Supposed to be very harsh but it's definitely rock.

You can't have a real taste of it if you try only in tester paper. It needs contact with the skin so it can evolve. I know lavender is not the most loved tone and it reminds a bit of detergent.

Lavendery in the beginning, sharp woody and a bit bitter notes from it's base mixing with a light peppery but fruity character. Then it's just lovely, don't know which tone exactly does the trick but it becomes addictively fresh and strangely 'aromatically sweet'. It's ending is a classic Burberry musky one.

It confuses me a lot. It could be ideal for younger crowds, those who want to smell simply good and clean, with an edgy way. Believe it or not I would call it a mature perfume, 30's maybe could rock it. It could please easily not ordinary noses. Good for casual days and mornings, why not work too? It has many contrasts, that's why I like it but sillage is not good enough. Needs more testing but I prefer it way more compared to the Floral newer edition.

Perfumeaddict777
Perfumeaddict777

My review below signed me in as a guest because my Google account signed me out for some reason, Any way, it's been hours and Burberry brit rhythm is still going strong. It smells sweeter and still retains all the clean lavander and musk, it's beautiful. Im impressed that it's lasting so long and the sillage is great too.

This smells like high end lavender fabric softener, and i mean that in the best possible way. It also smells almost identical to chloe love story but this has better longevity and sillage. It smells expensive, clean, classy and summery. I spent 130 dollars on a 2.7oz bottle of chloe love story that faded within 15 minutes no matter how much i sprayed but Burberry brit rhythm is a better and longer lasting version and a whole lot cheaper. Im very happy with this perfume, it's worth the money and my husband loves it.when you want to feel clean carefree and flirty this his the mark!

Madrona
Madrona

I agree with the description of this smelling a bit like amphetamines. Strangely enough, I actually... like it.

perfume_infatuated
perfume_infatuated

This is very clearly a lavendar perfume. Everything is secondary around lavendar. It's heavy on the nose, as in typical lavendar perfumes--such as ferrari white musk for men.

Because lavendar as a note is known to dominate other notes, it's difficult to be introduced in a nice way. That's why brit rhythm succeeded in the challenge of building around lavendar.

thehazysea
thehazysea

Whoever said that this fragrance smelled like amphetamines is strangely spot on..it smells exactly the way amphetamine salt pills taste, in my opinion. I love lavender, and I wish I could smell it in this fragrance at all. Also no one has mentioned anything about this fragrance being sweet but I find it sickeningly so...kind of what I would assume a bottle of "sweet meadow" counter-top cleaner would smell like.

mirisfrik

My 3rd review for this baby.
This time a 90ml bottle is in my collection. Definitely is very wearable, but still a little rebel and rock. Perfect with the leather jacket. Got a lot of compliments while I was wearing it, now i like it even more. Will buy a backup bottle, as i want to always have it in my collection.

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

Move over Clean brand, if you're looking for a cozy fresh laundry scent that doesn't smell like detergent or washing powder, this is it. It is warm and fresh at the same time. I don't really find it sweet. It's a great effortless everyday scent. I think it can be unisex, not because it smells masculine, but because it smells sexless.
Edit: Oh my goodness, I have a large perfume collection, but my boyfriend says that this is his favorite! It does have a bit of a dryer sheet scent, but in a good way. The lavender is very soft...I usually don't enjoy lavender. Even the lavender in SJP's Lovely bothers me a bit, but I actually like it in here...it is pretty and powdery. Also, on me, this is very long lasting! I'm impressed.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

This is a lovely fresh, clean fragrance. Perfect for day wear. Sometimes I find lavender too masculine in fragrance but Burberry have blended lavender into this fragrance really well. A calming fragrance that is good to wear when you don't want something too heavy and cloying. This is the first Burberry fragrance I have ever purchased and I am very impressed.

Carah

I am a huge fan of everything Burberry, so I love all of their perfumes. The opening of this perfume is sharp and clean and beautiful and it's different in different weather and the dry down is just gorgeous and expensive. Weirdly enough the dominant notes for me are orange blossom, wood and musk, and I love them. I can only hear lavender at the opening and it's gone pretty fast. I love this scent, but I am probably not objective.

Fadoluisi
Fadoluisi

This is the fragrance that broke every fragrance gender stereotype for me.
It's funny how we are so ready to accept nonsensical labels of "for men" or "for women". If it smells and feels nice on you, then wear is what I say.
The writer of the "Gender Bender" column, Marlen Harrison suggested it to me and my first reaction was: Isn't it a ladies perfume?
But when I tried and made an effort to forget it's labeling I found it quiet irresistible and sprayed it on me. It's now one of my absolute staple smell.
In the end, what DOES make a smell, "femenine" or "masculine".
Since then I've gone on to forget about those preconceived notions and just try everything. Jlo "Glow" and Mariah's "Dreams" were also two fragrances that made it into my favorite list. No one has ever said to me: "You smell like a girl". The only remarks I get when I wear this fragrance is: You smell really great!
Everybody should expand their fragrant horizon by getting rid of the gender binary.

cdmarz
cdmarz

Smells like straight up lavender laundry detergent. This is a miss for me..though maybe might be nice to throw on the linens.

mirisfrik

This is one very love-hate perfume. It starts very powdery and sharp. Offensive. Not balanced at all. Like someone who created it was in a big rush and did not care much how will it end up. It's slutty mess. And then, after about half hour it tames a bit and starts being less powdery and more soapy. And more pleasant. And as the time goes by, it gets more and more pleasant, soft and enjoyable.
My first sniff was: What did my dear Burbrery think with that???I'm washing it off...
After few hours of wear (and unconscious sniffing my wrist and thinking about this beautiful fragrance I'm wearing): It is added on my wish list.

Jess82
Jess82

I got a small bottle at TJ maxx, I had to return it. Gave it a couple of tries but it's just not me. It smelled like lavender laundry detergent, watermelon bubblegum, pepper and light musk. It is a cold clean scent, almost harshly clean. Also I got a whiff of faint skunk smell. Maybe better on a man. It reminded me of the Ralph Lauren blue big pony with the weird watermelon gum note. I don't th think the notes blend well at all. I love spicy scents, but the pepper was off putting in this one. It's just weird. Not good good weird like TM Womanity or Alien. Just weird.

orchid_74
orchid_74

I received a sample of this last year. Decided to try it on me. First impression - yuck... Afterwards.... what did I spray on me yesterday? Very exquisite. So far like it, resembles Christian Lacroix's Bijou

Heartswell.
Heartswell.

I like this one a lot! It's super clean and fresh, but not soapy (which you'd think it'd be thanks to the lavender). It's a safe nice scent for work/the office. I wouldn't describe it as a simple nor a linear perfume even though that's what I'm VERY tempted to say. Personally, I'm okay with linearity, but with all the notes listed here I can only discern citrus, lavender and some fresh musk. It is a quite cold airy scent and I can see it working as a unisex offering (due to the lavender again. Can you tell I love lavender by now?).

All in all, Burberry Brit Rhythm is a nice perfume, not too young, not too old, that's fresh, light and not too complex and demanding.

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

I HATE Lavender - absolutely despise it to be honest. When I smell it, I actually want to gag. I would never have guessed that this perfume actually contains Lavender at all - it is blended so very well. I do get a hint of it, but not the bathroom spray kind of Lavender I'm used to smelling. This is delicious, creamy, powdery, soft yet fresh :) I loved this so much, I bought a backup

sueshow
sueshow

Smells like bubble or juicy fruit gum. I LOVE IT!
BTW It smells nothing like Jersey, which I cannot stand.

lirael00
lirael00

I've just received a sample of this and I must say I'm pretty impressed. It didn't knock me out of my feet, but this is certainly very enjoyable. It's musky, but at the same time fresh, which is quite hard to achieve, as musk in some other frags can be too cloying. So, it's lovely lavender frag with hints of musk and pink pepper that will probably leave you satisfied but you won't go crazy for this. Overall I quite like it!

Aleauv
Aleauv

I was looking for a lavender scent and I found this gem, is not the atkinsons or yardley kind of lavender, this is sweet, powdery and musky, I find it very unique and I get tons of compliments while wearing it, makes me feel calm , sweet and edgy at the same time, like the girl in the Ad , peaceful rock chic. I like it when the weather is colder, with hot and humid conditions turns little bit cloying.

margarita.angelova
margarita.angelova

This smells nothing like the original Brit. It's so lovely! (Not that the original isn't good as well but they are too different to compare.)
Light and airy but still has a strong presence without being overpowering. It's very interesting. Smells clean and calming, like freshly washed bed sheets.I didn't expect such nice surprise. Surely goes on my wishlist.

Jama4
Jama4

I love this scent. Its fresh and clean. Initially it smells like sunlight laundry detergent, then veiviter and lilac emerge. Like most Burberry scents it morphs. After 2 hrs it turns into into a soft, flora yet clean smell. The only thing is I have to spray on a ton to make it last all day long.

Skin Type: oily
Office safe:yes very
Potency: light
Timing: spring, summer, fall / day and night / to light for winter
Projection: arm length
Longevity: 6hrs / longer if applied with a heavy hand
Price: about $ 49.99 at Marshalls for 100mls
Packaging: 7/10 the lid is plastic and inexpensive

Will I Repurchase: yes

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

My dear friend bought this blind in a lotion, and thought it smelled too sweet, like Pixie Sticks.
I love sweet, so now it's mine. But on me, it's nothing but a slightly lavender Tide laundry detergent smell. Very generic, very Tide, too heavy to be fresh, but sort of clean.
Def not my style.

Smells a bit sweeter now that I washed my hands (the lotion was on the back of my hand) but that could be because I'm wearing Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme on my body and that is one of my faves.

minusvminus
minusvminus

Everything about this is STRONG. It starts off with this sweet powdery sweet tarts and lavender kick and does not easily move into the 2nd phase of the scent, for a moment, everything at once blossoms out, screaming against your skin. You have to have be able to cope with the strangely sweet yet herbaceous scent of this perfume. This lasts all day.

anessa
anessa

While this isn't a fragrance I would wear since it's not my type, I appreciate the drydown with the quietly, yet freshly lingering remains of English lavender and vetiver. The initial strong hit and spiciness with the loud pepper shocked me to an extent that I considered washing it off my hand. I was taken aback by a strong concoction of herbs, pepper and some indefinable spices. Enthusiastic reviews about this as 'soft, clean, lovely, sweet' made me wonder if it was the same perfume. This could well be unisex. The drydown settled as a modern take of an English Lavender soap with a herbal twist. No wood, no fruit, neroli perhaps little as a backup in the beginning. The lavender note stays very distinct and strong, almost sharp on my skin, even after everything else has faded out. Remarkable longevity, for wearing outside.

Fragaria
Fragaria

This is the most incredible perfume for me. It's pretty light and clean as most lavender is. There is a huge aerosol musk at first, as if sprayed from an aerosol can. You can smell the aerosol itself as much as the musk. It dies down pretty fast. The more this scent lingers, the better it becomes. I believe someone mentioned this smells clean, not like perfume. I agree. After awhile, you get comments like "HOW come you smell so good!?" and "You smell NICE". You do not get the average comment "I like your perfume" or "Your perfume smells nice".
If I closed my eyes to imagine the woman that would be wearing or smelling of this, it would be..........."model-at-home" Christy Turlington, coming from a new home with new carpeting, and unfinished wooden trim with a wreath of lavender hung in the same room.
This smells soft, fresh, clean, and new. I can understand how new carpet, aerosol, and even lavender can get caught in the back of your throat. So this might not be for someone that has bad allergies or gets headaches. But it IS for those that are as fresh and pure as the women on Dove commercials. I like Suki Waterhouse, but I think to match this scent, I would have her appearance to be, no make up, wearing something white, lacy, sheer and summery.
I get nothing in my imagination connected to or about music. Not a thing comes to mind of someone with dark smoky eyes or ANYthing leather. Then again...I guess that "aerosol" musk at the beginning COULD drum up a head banging heavy metal image....for some.
To say the least...this is an interesting scent. I think you will have to try it for yourself. Twins with the exact DNA could have conflicting opinions on this...but DO try!
Burberry has become my BFF. Anywhere I go, no matter what I'm doing, I can grab a Burberry and be content....always.

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

Went to Ross today and got this in the rollerball,$9,and LOVED it. Next stop, Marshall's and picked up a bottle for $20. I really like this,its so different to my nose than what I have! Lovely floral/clean scent with a bit of powder in the dry down! Another Burberry I love! 10/10
This scent has staying power and sillage thats surpasses many of my more costly juices. The bomb!!!
Reminds of sweet tarts at times..yummalicious!

Rebemario
Rebemario

I'm starting to develop a real love for Burberry fragrances. First I had The Beat which I used the whole bottle, then Brit which was rich, sweet and gorgeous. Then I tried Burberry classic which I adore but does not stay on me. Today on a blind buy I purchased this one. At first I had to look at the box to make sure it wasn't a mans cologne, I think it was the lavender from what everyone is saying. Also, I was like, what the heck is this? Return, I thought. Forced to let it dry down, I am now utterly in love. Like all Burberry fragrances, it is soft,slightly complex and so so comforting! I just adore this and yes it smells like the laundry and yes I adore that! Its like I'm sticking my nose in a soft warm shirt that just came out of the dryer. I got an awesome deal as well for the largest bottle so I can spray it on like its a body spray and not care for the amount I spent. Cant do that with an expensive perfume! What I love about this line of perfumes is that they smell expensive for some reason but thankfully are not….The bottle is gorgeous as well and is sitting on my bathroom counter, very chic!

lovelyhazel
lovelyhazel

Tested Burberry Brit Rhythm yesterday, and was hoping it would smell as lovely on me as I'd heard others say it smelled on them. Alas, that was not the case. The first 15 minutes I was surrounded by a lovely, herbal, lavender cloud, but then that was dissipated by a shrieky, astringent musk storm. It also had a dryer sheet gone wrong odor (and I usually like that dryer sheet vibe!). Blech!

JaiTee
JaiTee

The first couple of tries of BBR, I got lavendery Sweet Tarts/Fun Dip candy. The opening is a brief lavender, then the powdered sugar breaks through. Dime store candy drydown.

Today, Brit Rhythm has transported me back to my mum's laundry room and the scent of washing powder -- Tide or Sunlight. So now I'm not sure if this is FBW because it evokes memories of laundry detergent in addition to candy.

Edit: The drydown is a lovely, sweet floral powder. FBW.

starshining73
starshining73

Davvero una bella fragranza... mi ricorda Gris clair di Lutens.
Una bella lavanda aromatica e delicatamente poudrèe.
Molto femminile e confortante.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Hyper-feminine burnt baby product smell. Close enough to Ellen Tracy Bronze and
Intimately Beckham or Pure Poison if mixed together. I may pick this up if on clearance.
I just tested a small bottle today at TJMaxx 6-13-15 in Orange County, CA and it was very strong. Hopefully the weak batches have been handled.

KidNecessary
KidNecessary

I must say I don't get the perfumista love for this one. It would be a pleasant enough fruity/aromatic perfume were it not for the (to me) unbearably screechy note that radiates for more than 24 hours despite my best Lady Macbeth-style attempts to scrub my hands clean. I'm guessing that I'm particularly sensitive to the musk involved, which has a strong and inescapable laundry scent, and I'm sure that is coloring my view. But if you have any degree of objection to that overly clean musk smell, under no circumstances blind buy! Weirdly, I don't get the lavender note at all, which is what I was keenest to try.

Bouquet
Bouquet

Tried this @Sephora yesterday. Does anyone else get a "Juicy Fruit gum" note in this? It definitely is not related to the original Burberry Brit.
On the fence whether I like this or not. This is definitely more a casual, youthful, daytime warm weather scent.

Edit: The "Florale" version has the gum note, too, even more predominantly.

BlackDressBlondHair
BlackDressBlondHair

I loved this perfume and wanted it for a long time, but my friend ruined it for me and I don't think I will be getting the perfume, because her jacket was smelling very strong from her laundry detergent all day, and it smelled just like brit rhythm, at first I liked it, but I got so sick of it :(

Quite a nice scent from Burberry, which I usually dislike as banal and cloying perfumes.
This one is ok, because it smells airy floral, clean, feminine, very rosey (petalia? what's petalia?) with some lavender and it holds its place on skin, a bit innaturally, but that's the way perfumes work nowadays.
In the opening it is a bit close to Stella McCartney new edition.
There's not much to say about, but it's a perfume that I would gladly wear if I were given a bottle. It doesn't go without some modern class and it lasts well on skin.

pauroj
pauroj

love!!!!! powdery , lanvender and clean , everytime i wear this i feel modern and fresh , really nice i love the campaign too it doesn't hurt to wear a burberry lipstick too the whole beauty line is to die for

susieqrj
susieqrj

Im using it at this moment and it smells dreamy. I thought it had incense, then I read the notes here and I remembered that lavender use to do this trick on me. I just love it.
So, basically it smells like lavender and musk and a sweet powdery touch..
Im still trying to figure where does this one smells like Insolence. Insolence is loud, sickly sweet violets, strong... Brit Rhythm is calm, confortable...

Rianna
Rianna

If you want to smell clean and fresh then this is for you. There is a whiff of incense about it but the dry down is just dreamy. It is a little powdery but it's inoffensive and just a lovely feminine clean smell. The lavender is beautiful and if you wear it watch how it draws people to you. Honestly men will be sniffing your neck and women will want to know what it is to get some for themselves. It's my number 1 fragrance this year, it's simply lovely.

insolence
insolence

A muted, softer version of Insolence edt with a masculine touch (hello, lavender). Also, one of the most powdery scents I've ever tried. It is very relaxing, I'd use it before going to bed if I had insomnia. Otherwise, Rhythm is quite boring and not memorable, like many other perfumes from Burberry.

Silvercat151
Silvercat151

I usually like the Burberry fragrances, and particularly Burberry, Body, Brit and Touch, but this I just don't get. It smells awful to me and each time I try it, hoping to find something to like about it, I just get left with the question, "why on earth did they make this?" Judging from other comments here, I guess you either like this and hate Body, or vice versa! :) A shame, because, in theory, I love all the notes that went into the making of it.

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

Reading here, and in my own experience Burberry fragrances are so polarising. I love Classic, but I tried My Burberry today and it's just revolting on me. Body was my worst fragrance of 2011. I tried it at an airport and literally ran to the bathrooms to wash it off. Brit Rhythm on the other hand I could bathe in. Lavender is often rather harsh to me in fragrances. It reminds me of bubble bath meant to calm a baby (not mine though, that never worked), and it's normally only lovely in nature. Here it is a soft, redolent, powdery cloud. It seems more like violets or lilac, but it retains it's herbal element just enough to give it away. If you are a fan of the purple flower in perfume give it a try... Burberry just might come through for you this time. (Not to be confused with Rhythm for her Floral, virtually the same bottle but it's a horrible fruity mess with no lavender).

Shiffy
Shiffy

La fragranza è molto gradevole e le noti predominanti sono la petalia e la lavanda. Per non parlare del neroli, che sinceramente adoro a priori in tutti i profumi. I muschi e i legni di fondo conferiscono quel caratteristico aroma di talco che fa sI che la fragranza appartenga alla famiglia dei cipriati.
Credo che rispecchi in pieno la donna decisa e un po' rock immaginata dalla casa di moda. È un profumo che vedo adatto a una ragazza intraprendente, dal carattere deciso e sensuale allo stesso tempo, ma anche con un pizzico di romanticismo.

MartaL
MartaL

I am not a huge fan of Burberry fragrances. For example Burberry Body is a big NO NO for me, however, I cannot get enough of this one. It is a grown up perfume with interesting notes in it. I do not see it as a signature scent for anyone I know but once you are in a mood for something more aromatic and spicy, you will make a right choice with Brit Rhythm.

ellina1984
ellina1984

Heaps of lavender. It's a dry smell, aromatic and herbaceous, very much like lavender closet sachets or lavender laundry detergent smelt straight from the bottle. There's vetiver making it even drier, and some musk. I think this has unisex potential. I would have liked it to be creamier and airier.

LizWords
LizWords

I bought it blind after hearing some good things and reading the review on Bois de Jasmin. It was definitely inexpensive, I got a 100ml bottle for just under $30 on ebay, so I don't regret purchasing it. But I have to say that this is my first Burberry fragrance, and I am not that impressed. Don't get me wrong, I like it, it's "nice", I'll be able to wear it in the summer, at the office, and no one will care if I spray recklessly, but the lasting power is nil and the development is also almost non-existent.

I've grown accustomed to long-lasting frags so maybe I'm just biased now, most of the perfumes I own will last a good part of a work day if not longer. But even with 4-5 sprays this one has disappeared by lunch time. The opening is pleasant and promising, reminds me a bit of Chanel Jersey which I love, but then within an hour it's dried down to a faint, woody lavender with a bit of citrus lingering around, then it's gone shortly thereafter. Maybe I'll have better luck with longevity when the weather gets warmer...

Like I said I paid next to nothing for a giant bottle, so I will keep it and use it, but not repurchase.

Emmayunee
Emmayunee

I really like the opening. It is sweet and floral very fresh. And then it completly skips the mid notes on me and went straight to the lavender and woodsy notes. Although its only a toilette it wears like a perfume and projects very well on me. Its more lavender than I was hoping for, but I think I'm part to blame bc my body really amplify orris and vetiver and anything herbal. This fragrance smells better after dancing and party = P it turns sweet and powdry but only after hrs of sweating and dancing away, otherwise its just Lavender powder on me = (

My body chemistry basically turned this hip and trendy frangrance into bath&body work sleep aromatheraphy spray. A lil goes a long way for me and smells just as strong in the morning...sometimes after a showers too.

Fluffyandpuffy
Fluffyandpuffy

Smells just like insolence.

Amour, Michele
Amour, Michele

I just got this at TJ Maxx for $19.99 for the 30ml. I was looking for a cheap thrill and I think I got it! I usually do not like Burberry perfumes (Burberry Body was AWFUL) and didn't expect much but, this is just very pretty. I don't know what people are saying that it's gross like floor cleaner or bathroom cleaner- what cleaner do you use?! I do see the resemblance to maybe laundry dry sheets but it's a RESEMBLANCE. Scents and perfumes are much more nuanced than that! Just because something smells "like" something doesn't mean it smells exactly the same... This smells very comforting and naturally fresh- like this beautiful women with no makeup, walking through sunshine-y meadows, and she just wakes up smelling baby fresh. Some people mentioned leather and dark smokey clubs but I don't see that at all. I got the EDT and I'm going back tomorrow to get the hair mist. I would love to smell like this everyday. It's going to smell like I wake up like this, not perfume. Don't get me wrong; I love perfume. My favorites are Shalimar, 24 Faubourg, and l'heure Bleue to say the least. But I love that this is going to make me smell like I'm not wearing perfume but I smell naturally like this. And I like that! :-) It also reminds me quite a bit of Dior Homme (probably the lavender) and Infusion D'iris (the feel of the composition is very similar) both of which I adore.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

I love this! It smells quite violety. A lot like Insolence Glacee but perhaps not quite as "cold".
I blind bought this based on reviews here. Ebay, unwanted gift, $25 for 90ml! Winning!

fivezero
fivezero

Really like this; like the previous reviewer says, it definitely has a wonderfully cool feeling. I also wish it came in EDP. The EDT is too fleeting and doesn't last on me.

peeachediva
peeachediva

This smells very much like Apres L'Ondee by Guerlain to me, which I LOVE!.
I wish they had it in the Eau de Parfum. They only have it in the Eau d' Toilette.

There is a sweetness to it ( not much) and a coolness to it that reminds me of a fresh windy day. People say it's more Winter, but I say it can wear any time.
I wish it would last longer, though. It leaves my body quickly, and it only wears close to my skin until it wears off.

I think it is one of the most beautiful scents ever. It's classy, gentle, and softly sophisticated. I think that it is a perfect scent for the office as well as general every day use. I spray it on the back of my wrist, so I can smell it during the day. 'Lovely' is a word I would use to describe this scent. Love, Love, Love.
Burberry, please make an EDP.
If you are looking for something that smells like the very, very expensive Apres L'onde by Guerlain, this is it!

peachtrees
peachtrees

I saw the bottle and ran to it because it said "Brit", the truth is this is a fragrance of its own. It certainly does not belong into a "Brit" family, I think if they left the name as "Rhythm" only it would work better.

It was offered to me as a special edition, I went ahead and tried it, I did not like it. Unlike the other comments, I wasn't able to perceive the Lavender that much. I don't know what Petalia is, I had never smelled it in a fragrance before, i suspect it is the reason I didn't like this scent because every other bit of its components I absolutely love... in theory.

There was something I hated about this scent and I can't put my finger on what it is. I also suspect it being wrongfully named "Brit" made me expect something of the same family and I didn't get that, perhaps that was the problem.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Smells fresh powdery musky and clean. Unique in many aspects, great for spring summer or any time of year you want to feel clean. Lavender and musk and the more prominent notes. Good longevity and sillage. Lasts for days on clothes. This is unisex IMHO. Recommended for those that like fresh clean scents.

courant
courant

A cross between Love Chloe with a touch of No 19 Poudre, this is more sheer than either of those. Iris prominent to my nose and not as much lavender as I was led to believe. Someone mentions a similarity to Shalimar Parfum Initial and I noted a slight resemblance to the Shalimar PI L'Eau. Maybe this ground has already been covered but it is quite affordable, a big plus. I like understated perfumes for my jaded days when I don't want to be overly 'femme' and this layers up from slight to stronger depending on application. Nice, I'm not knocking.

Sleek Geek Chic
Sleek Geek Chic

I love the smell coming straight from the nozzle. I can smell the cool lavender and I had hopes it would stay that way, but the dryout becomes a very soft, warm baby powder. My husband said "Fabric softener/dryer sheets" when I asked for his initial reaction. The baby powder scent gives me that I want to hug a puppy/kitty/baby feeling, so it's not a bad smell but I don't love it. I seem to like it even more about nearly four hours, which is when I can actually smell floral and the subtlety is very enjoyable.

I wanted a scent that wasn't too sweet since most of my perfumes in my collection this year seem to linger of vanilla and sugar. For $39 at TJ Maxx for a large bottle, I think I was successful in finding a very clean, fresh, long-lasting laundry scent. Certainly not a favorite but a good choice for when I am sick of smelling sweet.

The bottle is also gorgeous and unique. The advertising, on the other hand, is not befitting of the product. They show leather cladded rocker musicians when the scent makes me think more of a nice girl who does charity work and is shy about making the first move with her long-time boyfriend.

demar4244
demar4244

This is my new favorite. I cannot stop smelling my wrist. However, let me premise this review by letting you know that my body chemistry is strange, scents either disappear on me or come off very soft and sultry. I love lavender, but I can't really detect lavender in this perfume. The opening is mostly neroli to my nose, which I love. The middle is too sweet, honestly, and reminds me off a milder version of Joop (which I hate), but it doesn't last that long before drying down to a soft, powdery, slightly sweet musk. I love it.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

I can totally see how people are apt to compare this to My Insolence. Perhaps the orange + iris notes in Brit Rhythm blend together to result in a sort of sweet raspberry and violet-like deal in the opening. Unlike My Insolence, Burberry Brit Rhythm does not put me in a choke hold and try to kill me, but rather, dries down to a powdery, confectioner's sugar-covered orange. It smells exactly like the drydown found in Ellen Tracy Bronze. I smell absolutely no pepper, spice or lavender. The lavender is not astringent or masculine, anyway.

Brit Rhythm does not impress me because I've already smelled it within the two fragrances previously mentioned, but that doesn't mean it's ill-composed, by any means. I can see this smelling lovely on one of those breezy summer days that warrant a pretty cotton dress and a picnic.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I get a strong orange blossom & neroli punch in the opening, it smells green, somewhat artificial but not entirely unpleasant. Then it's just a clean floral, which disappears entirely couple hours later. I don't get any resemblance to Jersey. Jersey is a clean and polished lavender which smells like a breath of fresh air. Rhythm is a green orange blossom and woods which is so fleeting, I can't even register what it is I smell.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I have been on the hunt for a good scent with prominent lavender lately and bought a bottle of Brit Rhythm a few weeks ago from TJ Maxx on clearance. It wasn't quite a blind buy since I have tested it a few times, but I was sort of on the fence about it when I tested it.

After testing it at home a few times I can say definitively that I really like Brit Rhythm. It's very soft, smooth, and comforting to me. I had my sister smell it on my wrist to get an outsider's opinion - she's very sensitive to scents, and she said she liked it and that it reminded her of baby powder. I think that's definitely a fair comparison - though Rhythm is a grown up version rather than straight up baby powder. Rhythm is clean and cuddly, maybe a little bit herbal, drying down to smell like warm, clean skin. This is a very good casual scent. It fits the bill for a good lavender fragrance, which is exactly what I wanted!

Apparently BR isn't very popular - there are more and more bottles showing up at my TJ Maxx. I may buy another bottle or two just in case it gets discontinued quickly!

Syzygy
Syzygy

Dreadful concoction. I feel cheated by reviews that call this "woody," "fresh," and "spicy." I detected none of those qualities. Take the flat tires off an abandoned 1968 station wagon. Put the tires through a wood chipper. Pile the rubber shreds in a clearing, dump a wheelbarrow full of purple crayons on the heap, and add a few tropical-scented car air fresheners. Leave in the sun for a week in August. Scoop up the mess and steep in fishbowl water. Voila: Brit Rhythm!

And people are comparing this to Guerlain scents?! Maybe there was something seriously wrong with the bottle I bought. Wearing it almost gave me a claustrophobic feeling--like I was suffocating in old-lady scarves and rubber gloves. Hands down the worst blind buy I've ever made.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

This one is so different from anything I've smelled before. To me it's unique.
From the first moment I spray it on untill about an hour later it smells like suede leather and make-up to me... call me crazy, but that's how it is and I enjoy it!
After an hour it settles as a floral bouqet on a musky/woody base. It's a little sweet and has a warm freshness to it.
It might bloom differently in warmer weather, I guess I'll find out next spring.
Longevity is good, sillage moderate to soft.
♥♥♥♥

KIARA85
KIARA85

I really like this one. Its sort of cologny and washing detergenty but in a nice way! Must be the only clean sent that I approve of.

I kind of expected not to like this because I didn't like Brit Sheer that much, but this is rather nice.
Neroli is bitter for me, as usual, but when it disappears, this fragrance gets very creamy and soft.
It could be worn easily by mature women too, because it's not a "girly" fragrance.

Top notes didn't amaze me, but the base notes did.
I guess this one needs another chance for me to decide completely.

epg
epg

Very soapy,lots of lavender in the opening.I was really surprised with the comparisons to my insolence. IMHO, they're not at all similar. My insolence to me is all vanilla and raspberry, two notes absent here (to my nose). The drydown reminded me a little of infusion d'iris (same vibe). Sits very close to the skin and has a very good longevity.

lollsazz
lollsazz

It smells quite like My Insolence EDT from Guerlain, just lighter, fresher, with a base that shows through more. EDIT: smells even more like Insolence Glacee! The main notes in both seems to be violet, which is not listed here, weirdly enough. To be honest, I can't actually smell any lavender in here, and I've had lavender-scented stuff throughout the years; I even have a soap with it now, and a bottle of french lavender essential oil... Maybe I should go and resmell this? Personally, I like Brit Rythm better than My Insolence - it's just a bit over the top for me, who likes softer scents. This is very different from what I've smelt from Burberry before, but again: not that original, since another perfume smells much like this one.

Brunette_Bombshell
Brunette_Bombshell

After you spray it on you it smells a little bit like Guerlain My Insolence edt. It is a great perfume indeed. And on my clothes it lasts until I wash them, and on my skin for about 5-6 hours.

mjdancer83
mjdancer83

This has to be my favorite Burberry scent out of all the ones I've tried so far. Being that this is not my typical scent style, I expected cold, harsh, and sharp. Instead, I got warm, soft (but still projects!), creamy...yet clean and fresh at the same time. It's like the natural smell of your skin while wrapped in your favorite, freshly laundered fluffy blanket!

clara14142
clara14142

I got this a few months ago and it has taken me forever to write a review on it because it is quite ineffable by nature. It's taken me that long wearing it to know it well enough to put its scent into words. Now the reviewers who described this fragrance as smelling like public bathroom air fresheners clearly disagree, so if you don't like powdery scents you should definitely stay away.

The first time I sprayed this I was hit with a lavender smell. I apologize, but I can't place exactly which branch of lavender (either French or English, but given this is by Burberry it's probably English). It should be noted that there are many variations of lavender scent out there, existing mostly in the "my mom's hand lotion from Thymes, Crabtree and Evelyn, or L'occitane, etc" realm, various other bath products from both high end brands and Whole Foods/organic lavender scents, and of course, the gorgeous smell of fresh or dried lavender, as it grows in abundance in my mom's garden. I have smelled many body products scented with lavender and they run the gamut from being unauthentic-ly synthetic, to weirdly sour, to true to the original, natural, fresh lavender smell. But I digress, sorry. The point is, when I first sprayed this, I was hit with the beautifully true, fresh smell of lavender. Now obviously everyone has a "different nose" and is therefore receptive to different notes in a fragrance, but I was delighted because this is the first time I had smelled true, unadulterated lavender in a perfume.

But that was only my impression of the initial spray. Weridly and unfortunately, I have become nose blind to that lavender smell, and when I spray this I am overwhelmed with a baby powder-ish aroma. Don't let that turn you off from this, though. Please, use your imagination and let's give the house of Burberry a little credit here--although there are elements of powder, musk, and wood, the lump sum of this perfume does not equal bathroom freshener. Damn. It is refined and demure.

I really don't know what more to say about this fragrance except that although I was not expecting it to smell the way it does given the notes listed on the fragrance pyramid and the advertisements, now that I've smelled it and have been wearing it to work as my go-to autumn scent as the weather's gotten colder, I understand the image and intangible quality the ads are trying to evoke (and isn't that what perfume is about people? Evoking those intangible ~feelings~ with your scent?).

Reviewer who said it has a cold feeling to it is correct--there's a reason Suki Waterhouse is wrapped up in a supple leather jacket in the add. Soft, clean, yet musky, and with just a hint of spicyness. I see an all black outfit with a light pink, soft sweater or silk shirt suiting this fragrance. It's office appropriate (and I mean that in the most flattering way possible), but still distinct and unique. Longevity is pretty good too. Might even call this a professional scent, but it's far from typical or boring. Do recommend.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

This is a strange scent, a bit all over the place. I'm not entirely comfortable with it, but then I don't usually like fresh spicy and aromatic fragrances. Brit Rhythm, however, keeps tickling my mind. I used to own a bottle and then swapped it away - months later, I have it again. I love the fresh, fizzy lavender in it. It smells different from the lavenders I'm used to ...or it's the pink pepper and the woody accords, and orris root blended very well with it. I can't decide. But this is definitely a very woody, also spicy lavender scent on me. I get bursts of flowers here and there, and sweetens in the drydown (and becomes quite musky), but the floral notes don't receive much showtime on my skin after the initial spray.

I also noticed that the weather plays a huge part in how I perceive this scent. It smelled too sharp, almost intrusive during the summer heat. It seems to work much better for me in colder, humid weather. But then, this Burberry after all, and all Burberry scents seem to work the best in autumn and winter, despite of how they mean to advertise it. Do not let the name trick you, though! Brit Rhythm has absolutely nothing in common with the original Brit.

Longevity is good, quite long lasting. As it dries down and becomes fairly musky, the moderate sillage turns rather into a skinscent.

MckinneyMini
MckinneyMini

Wow, just wow....I COMPLETELY agree with another poster on here that said this smells like pure soap. This seriously reminds me of the way those cheap laundry detergents smell at the dollar store. It is seriously one of the most unpleasant fragrances i have smelled. That says a lot as I really am not picky with fragrance and can usually find something good about every fragrance. The dry down of this is just ok, it starts off REALLY soapy and then just gets kinda soapy haha. It is REALLY strong too. Be careful when you first spray as it is really overpowering. Its funny because the dry down isn't quite as bad and reminds me of what dryer sheets smell like.

I don't agree with the other poster that this has an overwhelming smell of Lavender. I don't smell Lavender at all. I love Lavender and have quite a few Lavender scented things. I don't get Lavender at all in this fragrance. To me it is pure soap.
This being Burberry, I expected to smell an amazing woodsy smell, but that is not here at all.
Another funny thing is I don't really get any of the notes it says this has, I don't get Lavender, I don't get blackberry, and I certainly don't get orange blossom or vibrant wood? If you like soapy or powdery scents then this is for you, but if you like spicy, woodsy, sweet, floral, or sexy then this is def NOT for you. The odd thing is that, to me, the description of this perfume is so crazy far off that I just can't believe it. Strange....

Tovah
Tovah

I don't mind lavender in my garden, my clothes detergent or my kitchen cleaner, but I'm not a fan of wearing it; (to be fair, it's not a fan of being present on my skin). This smells like 1st rate, bath shop quality, soapy lavender, with a few good shots of paradichlorobenzene, to keep it riveting. When I read the reviews I am stupefied by (and jealous of) what others smell. At best, I can say this reminds me of Philosophy Pure Grace (I think that's the one...the one that's "supposed" to smell like soap), and at worst I can say that I wouldn't wash my garage floor with anything that smells like this. It's so very unpleasant to my nose. It is a stand-out for sure, and that's a good thing. I am very glad to see it has fans, because I love smelling variety as much as I love seeing it. I probably don't "get" this fragrance (many others don't love Florabotanica or Rosabotanica with my enthusiastic passion) so I won't insult it further by yammering on with this review. If you love lavender this is a must try.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

I think this scent might be well appreciated among the fans of Dahlia Noir (EDP), Kenzo Indigo pour femme and many other calm powdery scents, including Love's Baby Soft.

I personally love lavender, the sharper, herbal and masculine, the better it is, and this one is more of a 'baby lavender', reminiscent of a Johnson&Johnson Bedtime line products.

The other notes I adore, pink pepper and vetiver, are also present in a tame fashion yet overall effect of the fragrance is pretty great. Dry aspect reminds me, very slightly, of Prada Amber pour homme.
Also BBR has a medicinal touch which I enjoy, like a hint of paracetamol.
It's very versatile, lasting power and projection are both ok, but not great.

To sum it all up, I expected it to be less gentle, less sweet, cutesy and feminine but I still have enjoyed BBR, probably it is my favourite Burberry fragrance after all the Beats.
I despise original Brit and it deserved a different name imo.

Rene007
Rene007

for my opnion there is no common between this and escale portofino which i like ,this one is totaly bad , smell cheap and nothing new

maybe its based on brit gold start like shalimal inital leau

suit for man better

CarrieWhite
CarrieWhite

One of the WORST perfumes that I've ever tried on! It almost smells like a floor cleaner!! Maybe the 'drydown' is not that bad, it reminds me of Escale à Portofino by Dior...yes, but after 7/8 hours... Sorry Burberry, this is really awful!

JizzJuice
JizzJuice

While I'm not the greatest lavender fan, I think this frag is a nice gateway to lavender appreciation. At first spray, it is evident but comes off well balanced and not overpowering due to the other supporting notes. The lavender starts out sweet and beautiful and then dries down with slight musk and woodiness. Very safe and non-offensive, good for office and daily wear.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Finally, I have a proper sample of this stuff. I get the idea behind those rinky-dink scent tattoos. The company is saving money, being stylish, and promoting the sexy nightlife image of the fragrance. But that's no way to get a real idea of what a perfume is made of. I liked it when that was the only option for testing I had. But I like it better now that the actual juice has met my skin.

Starts off a little masculine with lavender and pink pepper, but not overly so. It's more unisex initially - in fact its lavender muskiness reminds me of sentimental favorite CK be. As the top notes fade I start to really like it and I can smell hints of berry and other flowers below the surface. I get the lavender soap comparisons. But if so, it's lavender soap with character.

Don't be overly swayed by the campaign ad. I think this can be worn day or night, young or not so young.

Magdalena23

One last but very important thing I forgot to mention in my review below.
The "ghost",pretty much unidentified sour note,present in the dry-down of so many contemporary perfumes,the note that deeply annoys,puzzles and is a deal-breaker for so many of us,is ABSENT here!!! Thank God for that...

Magdalena23

A new love! But this is "no ordinary love"...This a fairy tale romance,sprinkled with fairy dust.Nostalgic,but not old fashioned.Powdery,but the powder isn't dusty and dull. It's luminous and sparkling!I love lavender,and I have been searching for long to find a feminine lavender,in vain!Well,this is it.A perfumed cloud ,that transports you to an era when you were a little girl in ballet shoes and a tulle tutu,going through your mom's make up bag,admiring her high heels and her silk "robe de chambre"...This perfume is so different from any other Burberry!And ,in my opinion,,it is misnamed.No rhythm there. Only melody...A lavender dream , warm,enveloping,cuddly,romantic.There is a violet "ballerina" hidden in there somewhere,appearing every now and then (orris root...),soft,sensual musk and beautiful ,realistic lavender all the way!Pepper and vetiver are really subdued,the blackberry leaf fleeting and pleasant,neroli and orange blossom playing only supporting roles.This perfume is a lavender "solo",and does justice to this amazing flower,allowing it to shine and be the "leading lady"...It's a lavender "Insolence",if you know what I mean. Excellent lasting power (more than 6 hours on my skin),very good projection! If you love romantic,feminine,nostalgic scents,the type of scent Lizzy from "Pride and Prejudice" would wear,this fairy tale scent is for you!

gabri11e
gabri11e

I got a sample of this, and when I tested it out, I initially didn't like it. I didn't wash it off, however. As I went about my day, I kept catching glimpses of it, and started to fall in love. Next thing I knew, I had used up my sample and was on my way tp buy a bottle.

To me, this is a going-out, evening, fragrence with an edge (the pink pepper evens out the lavender nicely). A powerhouse and head turner, for sure. I think part of the appeal for me, is that it reminds me a little of perfumes my mom used to wear when I was growing up (An Oscar de la Renta one comes to mind). Kinda makes me think of being a little girl, and what you think perfume and going out and dressing up is supposed to smell like.

lilytrivette
lilytrivette

I didn't even expected it would smell so nice :) It lasts for a long time!! I LOVE IT!!! Everyone should try it

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

I'm sorry but this to me smells straight up like a cross b/t a box of crayons && those little sea shell soaps your grandma would have in her bathroom, It's a weird scent I don't dislike it, but I don't like it either...it's so so..I don't care so much for the initial spray but in the dry down it becomes a lot nicer, I'm sure the right person could wear it well. So don't let my comment hesitate you from trying it lol && of course things smell differently to different people, kinda soapy && longevity is pretty decent I will say, give it a try :)

Dawndelights

Tried it again i still like it but not sure if it's too strong it's like a bomb on me, though i have been smelling a lot of perfumes, i might of made my nose over sensitive

leschoux
leschoux

I've just received a sample for Brit Rhythm and I have to say it was love at first smell!

I can definitely detect lavender in there right from the beginning, and whilst the opening is cool and distant, it develops into something that's more powdery and soft--much more "approachable". I love how this has an austere feel to it, yet it's still very lovely. Sillage, however, is a major concern for me as it seems to be soft all the way.

Overall, the smell itself is excellent: down to earth, aromatic-woody and not in any way dizzying or cloying. The poor sillage however is a huge drawback. Would have loved this one more if it's not as soft as it is. If you don't want to attract attention too much, though, this one's excellent and really lovable. Also, I think Suki Waterhouse represents this perfume excellently: a little provocative, set to make tongues wag and rather austere but with a "je ne sais quoi" feel. Lovely scent, and definitely not generic, which may explain why it's quite divisive.

Rating: 8.5/10

swanlips
swanlips

Wow beautiful
I have previously owned Burberry original which I adored but none of the other Burberry perfumes interested me at all, too sweet too ordinary.
Once again this was another blind buy 90mls bottle (must resist as I have had more disasters than success!!) well from the opening I was in love with this scent and kept sniffing my arm, silage is good and could still smell after 6hrs :)
I personally think this is quite similar to the original Burberry (well on me at least) but with a sherbet kick to it, had a fizziness to it I've not come across before, maybe that's the pink pepper?
Some of the reviewers talk about lavender, can't detect that at all, nor does it smell synthetic on me.
To me this is simply a stunning perfume, not cold but not over warm, classy and stylish a definite must in my perfume wardrobe, will be on my present list this year!

Dawndelights

This is wonderful i am glad i tried it, if i had any idea of the notes in it i would of never of tried it and i would of missed out on the wonderful smell. It's gentle clean powder on me and make me think of the colour of pink, it's feminine and not harsh or screechy. ♡
Really can't wait to try this again, it's top of my want list

chillalot
chillalot

I think this smells so fresh and the bottle is gorg..but the lavender makes it smell masculine to me... this is a trend setter... I wouldn't be opposed to my man smelling like this..just not for me...maybe as more women's fragrances utilize lavender my mind will be able to associate this sent with femininity.

ginger68
ginger68

At the moment my tastes are really changeable. I don’t know why, maybe it depends on my age, mood and life. I decided to try this scent. And I must say it’s good. I think Burberry wanted to propose something different and succeeded in its challenge. This fragrance could be unisex. Lavender is not sharp. But there is no sweetness. Fresh and aromatic, soft and comfortable. It’s a skin scent in a certain way. Here where I live today it’s very hot and sultry, but using Brit Rhythm with moderation, it works very well and it’s not suffocating. I think this scent could be a signature one. It’s a typical love or hate. For now I love it. And I hope to love it tomorrow.

stillsinnend
stillsinnend

Something like this I do not have in my perfume wardrobe. Regardless, it is a must. A borderline unisex fragrance which strikes me as being absolutely modern. Being hopelessly stuck in my old-fashioned taste in overly feminine perfume, I am surprised I like Burberry Brit Rhythm. It is for the modern girl in me: the one with the bold smile on the lips and the leather jacket who always keeps her head high up. It smells like deep blue sky in the middle of July, like fresh and clean clothes and like all the confidence in the world.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Not impressive, light, musky, nothing going on, generic Burberry style.

Izzie
Izzie

I really like this one! A very well blended mix that starts out aromatic, a bit spicy and with a cold feeling to it. After an hour on my skin the clean musk appears as the scent turns warmer (smells a tad like Jovan White Musk on me), and it stays that way for hours, very close to the skin. It has a super soft powdery note that is very pleasant (nothing like the aggressiveness of Love Chloe, or the dirtiness of Lipstick Rose). I think this scent is somewhat melancholy yet sensual, very feminine although borderline unisex (if that makes sense). I will buy this, but think I will wait to wear it until fall/winter. Warning: This scent has absolutely nothing in common with the original Brit, Brit Red or Brit Gold, so the name is a mystery to me...

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Update: Does anyone else smell Guerlain My Insolence here? I just got a full bottle and instantly knew the fragrance and to me it's a dupe? Anyone else?

I had rated this fragrance earlier based on a test strip and I loved it. Just recently I obtained a full spray bottle. I like it. I find nothing about this scent masculine. It smells so strikingly similar to My Insolence. I have both and sprayed on my arm the likeness is uncanny. I know My Insolence is a polarizing fragrance so that's probably why this one seems to get some dislikes. I guess I would say if you enjoy My Insolence or those types of fragrances you will most likely enjoy this one. And wow it's got the same lasting power as Insolence. I happen to love both so I am quite happy with it.

pravda48
pravda48

TLDR: 'hot bitter berry musk' about sums it up.

I wonder why this is so polarizing? I honestly bought it blind exactly for the reason; wanted to see what the hype was about and was feeling impatient so I snagged a bottle from eBay.

I get the plastic notes at first that some mention, along w/ a synthetic 'mixed berries in the background' kind of scent, and some equally mixed lavender/musk/neroli that give it sort of a laundry type scent.

About an hour in now: I was worried about all these 'powder house' comments but I get NO powder! (relief). It still has that slight edge of plastic (what ever IS that anyway? Usually I associate that with saffron but there's none here) but it's meshed with some sweet florals that prevent it from being a scrubber on me (as every previous scent w/ plastic tones has been).

I'm curious to see what people around me think of it; confused at the comments that it'll get you fired if you wear it to work. What?? Why?! Seems perfectly safe to me....

---------------------

2nd wearing of it, 3 sprays on a rainy day:
Back with what can only be described as a 'sharpness'. It is still difficult for me to distinguish any notes from that. It's almost a hot smell, with touches of something vaguely reminiscent of berry tones. My bf said it smelled familiar but couldn't place it. This one's a strange thing to be sure. I don't think I like it but I don't hate it or find it to be a scrubber either. *Shrug* I guess I'm just indifferent. Anyone want to swap? I've got this almost NIB 1 oz.

prettyswag
prettyswag

A cool day with rain and you just broke up with your love of your life and long nights , memories, travels, and sensual nights with candles and nag champa incense ...but it's over and this scent evokes those memories...I like this scent, clean, soft powder n spice with a touch of sad and sexy ...clubs n leather gear:)

Carah

@marcello19 Petalia is a molecule of peony fragrant.
To me this one smells of aldehydes and nothing else, a lot like Chanel #5, but nothing like hot Sicily. Its also really annoying to people around so wouldn't work for office wear unless you want to get fired ;)

xVal
xVal

First of all I hate lavender, but in here , it blends sooo smoothly with all the notes. And the musk, makes this perfume so sensual.
I think its a night time fragrance,and I feel just like in the commercial pics, mysterious.
It's very simple, yet nothing like I've ever smelled before.
Not sure what's all the hate about, I guess it doesn't work with people's chemistry much.
I'm not sure why, but when I get a whiff of it, I just have a picture of a club in my mind, or a pub, it smells "smoky" to me,reminds me the scent of smoke they use in clubs, which I love.
Unique scent.
Dark jeans, leather jacket, and you're ready to go. :)
I'll have to update on the staying power though.

EDIT:Great staying power, 9 hours +
I just saw the commercial, now I can tell why It reminds me clubs and leather jacket, the commercial is exactly what I feel when wearing this scent.

It smells like burnt sugar. Literally! What is even worse, this fragrance is linear, it does not develop, so it is the same burnt sugar after an hour or two. I think I wouldn't be able to bear it for the next hour.

Agressiva
Agressiva

I find it a bit weak for me, but people around me, especially men find it as a very nice fragnance.

Nancyutley1
Nancyutley1

I loved Rythm at first spray. It reminds me slightly of Shalimar at first, then dries down to something that reminds me of L'Instant, but has a unique smell all it's own. A beautiful blend of my favorite things like incense, orange blossom, pink pepper and powder. I pick up a whiff of something I want to call root beer, but It must be the iris. Somehow the lavender brings it all together into an exotic, oriental, and sensual fragrance. Light and delicate, yet long lasting and powerful. I love it.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

This is one of the most confuddling perfumes I've ever smelt! I sniffed the bottle in Ulta today and liked it enough to spray it on my wrist. It sure is a different scent, it's like nothing I've smelt before but hints of it are so familiar to me even though I can't seem to pin down the notes. The lavender does not smell quite like any lavender I've ever smelt before, the rose is rosey but different...I both hate and like this perfume, on the way home I kept smelling my wrist and both liking it and wrinkling up my nose at it, like I said, it's weird! I actually think this could be a unisex scent as it (on me) borders on masculine. This is a Must smell on skin before buying perfume, do not blind buy this stuff! If you are looking for something far and away from the massive glut of fruity florals out there you might want to give BBR a shot, hope it is more straitforward on you than it was on me.... ;0)

Sillage: 4/5 projects nicely
Longevity: 4/5 has lasted over 8 hours on me so far!
Overall: interesting.....!

natluvly

My sister gave me a sample of this finally and I kinda like it. To me this smells similar to Jean Paul Gaultier Classique X but without the cedar. So in other words soapy florals but a calming feel and this ones a little smoother and less strong.

lepetitprince
lepetitprince

Burberry Brit Rhythm is really disappointing.

The first time that I smelt it on paper, it was refreshing and different. So I brought home a sample. Since then I've never used it. Because every single time that I took it out, it reeks of cheap soap/plastic. I don't know how to deal with having it in my room. I'll need to give the sample to someone else who might appreciate it ASAP.

I do not recommend it for a blind buy. Please test and test again before buying it.

jlfears
jlfears

I need to try this again, as I didn't even get a whiff of lavender. (I had tried on about 11 other scents before this one. I also didn't spray myself ~ the only true chemistry test; I sprayed a card first to make sure I didn't hate it, then wiped the card on the back of my very dry hand.)

But, I'm intrigued.

First: I smelled a *very* strong plastic note, like dolls' heads, but without any real sweetness.

Then I got sweet lemonade ~ not lemons ~ with a hint of leather.

I liked it, but I can't put my finger on what it really even smelled like.

One thing is for sure, and is the one thing that really sticks out: it smelled unique (need to test again to be sure), and COMPLETELY *unnatural* in a way I can't describe. This must have been a fluke, or the mix of other scents, as it seems to have some herbal base.

I can't wait to try again and re-review.

ashandasphodel
ashandasphodel

Not a fan. It has weird metallic and plastic notes and the lavender smells like a dollar store hand soap. If you're looking for a good ladies' lavender, try Serge Lutens' Gris Clair.

Ioli19
Ioli19

I do like it, it's different and that's quite refreshing, Burberry clearly wanted to try something new, I applaud them for that! It's a comforting, clean, soft scent which does get compliments and its warm and feels good. The lavender is there but is well blended and not boisterous!
However, it's so awfully weak... It disappears on me in less than an hour, so I won't be purchasing this ever, it was a gift so I didn't choose it, am glad as it would have been a waste of money!!! The silage is soft, though that would not have bothered me had it last past the hour!!

[email protected]
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

it is really nice, but its weak, i think a summer fragrance, happy and i can say fresh and modern. i like it for summer...!

reborn
reborn

this is awful.Starts well and the drydown is blaah.Smells like amphetamine.it is synthetic and awful

maltatude
maltatude

This is entirely different to the previous Brit offerings. To be fair, the original Brit and Brit Sheer are like chalk and cheese - very little to connect the two... so this is no criticism to be 'entirely different' for the Brit series.

However. It smells like crayola crayons to me. It's not bad, it surely smells different to other things flooding the market (so perhaps points there). This is not something I would wear but it's by no means bad or poorly formulated either. Just cant shake that crayola connection haha. I'd say try before you buy. I like that its interesting and would love it on someone else.

Cookiefan
Cookiefan

When I smell this perfume, I get Prada Infusion D'iris with lots of Lavender. If you are a big fan of lavender and powder scents, you will love this. I used to think that lavender smelled very masculine so I was kind of surprised to find it as the main note in a women's perfume. The powder scent, however, makes the fragrance more feminine. I guess that balances things out. I think they did okay with this and an elegant women would definitely be able to pull this off.
The bottle is so pretty. Burberry always gets it right when it comes to the bottles.

thinkingmagpie
thinkingmagpie

OK, this is a review based on a Tattoo sample I received so it might be quite different to the actual juice.

Maybe because of the type of the sample, it was very weak. The smell was pleasant enough with prominent Lavender & Floral note with the spiciness of Pink pepper but, to be honest, I felt it was nothing special. The scent I smelt as Rose might have been Petalia (Petalia is one of Givaudan's 50 patented captives out of 40 molecules and 10 naturals which are reserved exclusively for Givaudan perfumers. Petalia is a rosy, fruity, peony-type scent that has the aroma of petals). I quite liked the floral musky drydown, though it was a bit chemically; clearly the soft remains of Petalia. If I was given, I would use it happily but I personally wouldn't go out to buy it.

It supposed to be sensual but, to me, it's more like a daytime & office wear.

natluvly

Finally a mainstream women's scent w/ lavender and I love Brit can't wait to sniff this yeahhhh!! My dream come true.

I wasn't sure it would work for me, as I am not fond of lavender it is aromatic, creamy, but for me very similar to a Yardley lavender type fragrance. So not working for me. A bit like a classy soap, something very eighties in a way..not that it isnt nicely done..
I don't get the name, nor the pink bottle..not sure what Burberry was aiming at with Rhythm, could have been called Burberry lavender !?
It isn't very heavy, longevity is quite light overall..I think it is better to try it before buying, unless you love lavender. It is borderline unisex. Although the drydown is softer.
It is similar in my views to Stella LILY, in the dry edge of the scent..
I guess I didn't like Brit very much. And Rhythm won't do either.

penny-lane
penny-lane

I've randomly tried this one out today, and even though I wasn't really impressed by the opening notes, I adore the musky base.

The initial scent was a little bit synthetic and it turned me off but as the time went on, it became absolutely gorgeous on my skin. It smells really clean and kind of youthful but still classic.

Brit Rhythm stays close to the skin so if you are looking for something with a strong silage, this is not for you. However, the longevity pleasantly surprised me because I was sure it would disappear in an hour or so.

It is, hands down, a daytime scent, and therefore I see no connection to its marketing campaign. But I still love the rock n roll vibe.

To summarize - I want this perfume. I see myself wearing it this spring and it may be THE clean scent I've been looking for.

k.dehaas
k.dehaas

I immediately loved it at first sniff !
What a lovely fragrance.

iamaround
iamaround

There is definitely lavender in the opening which reminded me of Dior homme opening, which I love, them the fragrance develops into a sweet powder house, and that's pretty much all get from it..

After lavender disappeared Brit Rhythm reminds me of FM Lipstick Rose, not sure which notes give that away since there is no rose. The drydown is slightly different to Lipstick Rose, it feels a bit spiced up, and still is very powdery.

It does have a vintage feel to it, but overall this is quite unique compare to what's out there from designer brands and very well done. If you are a fan of powdery fragrances you will probably like this. Longevity and sillage were excellent on me.

WhiteCity
WhiteCity

I love it on paper!its elegant and balanced.A very unique warm version of levander.I will review again after I try it on skin!

simee
simee

Received a few samples and tried one tonight. Fooo can you say lavender powder bomb?!?! This is one of the worst fumes I have ever tried!!! I couldn't get past the powdery herbal almost medicinal lavender note.Extremely cloying scent...had to go wash it off immediately as I was on the verge of a sharp migraine!!! Washed this off but it still lightly remained so applied a bit of Angel lotion topped off with Angel EDP. to cover the annoyingness right up. Would never purchase and am scared to smell it on others in the near future. What a major fail for me!!!

In Vogue
In Vogue

This is very much an 80's style fragrance, which was a nice surprise! I think it's the lavender. Powdery and soapy, with a fresh edge from the vetiver. An exquisite retro powdery floral, with great sillage. Lasts about 2 hours. Burberry's masterpiece.

mirisfrik

I tried it today. I have split emotions about it. Bottle is beautiful,a scent is beautifull, but where is lavender? Smell reminds me of Shalimar Parfum Initial. Unfortunately, it is not longlasting as other Burberry fragrances (especially Brit edt), so this might be a little problem. But, no matter what, I wouldn't mind having one.

almarie

I just tried this at Ulta. I adore this scent! It's not like the Burberry Brit Sheer, it's hard to describe, but it has more oomph to it. I just love it and will be purchasing this in the near future.

joan100
joan100

I tried this today and it reminded me of another fragrance that I had smelt before ages ago (which I cannot remember the name of). The 3 main notes I can smell are the neroli, lavender and vetiver. I also get hints of vanilla (not listed) as well as slighty herbal undertones. 5 hours later the smell was hardly there so longevity is the downside. Its a pleasant and safe fragrance but its not for everybody and its nothing groundbreaking.

almarie

I haven't tried this yet, but I wonder if it is anything like Burberry Brit Sheer?

jovejove
jovejove

I'm pretty sure this fragrance is gonna bomb royally. It'll sell for the mere fact that it's new, pink and Burberry, but the fragrance overall smells like it had no direction. It's prominent note is neroli when on your skin and dries with an overdose of powdery notes. You get a little bit of a pink floral, spice from the pepper and herbal tone from the lavender. It's mostly citrus, green, subtle spice and too powdery. It's also very cold, but not refreshing. It'll be nice for spring and fall, but could be a winter office scent. It might be too suffocating for the summer, but we'll see.

haritomeni
haritomeni

The warmest fragrance I've tried on, since No5. It feels like home, the lavender they have used is really great stuff. Marketing wise, I believe the company should have put it under a unique name of its own, not Brit. Still, a potentially classic fragrance.

marcello19
marcello19

Selected for test, love the bottle, but what petalia is??? Never heard of it.