Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Burberry Brit Summer for Women Burberry for women

Burberry Brit Summer for Women Burberry for women
dislike

Burberry Brit Summer for Women Burberry for women Pictures

The Burberry summer fragrances for 2012 represent new variants of the original Burberry Brit for Women from 2003 and Burberry Brit for Men from 2004 - Burberry Brit Summer for Women and Burberry Brit Summer for Men. The original compositions are refreshed to capture the scents of British summer.

Brit Summer for Women begins with lively notes of green tea, lime, iced pear and green almond. The heart is reproduced from the original composition - with sugared almonds and accords of peony. The base includes white musk, amber and mahogany.

The fragrances are available as an Eau de Toilette.

Lime Tea Pear

Moschino Funny!

Burberry Brit Summer for Women Fragrance Reviews

BlackDressBlondHair
BlackDressBlondHair

This is a nice perfume, you can really smell the pear. But I would like it more, if it had more depth.

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

This a fresh green scent with a hint of sweetness, it has been very humid and sticky, thunderstorms etc where I am and I have found in these conditions this scent really comes into it's own, it smells great for oppressive weather and gives you a feeling of clean zingeyness.

I agree with Christinavictory about being reminiscent of a mojito, I totally got that yesterday evening during a storm!

For me it starts full on lime tea and green pear, as it warms on your skin you get a sweet peony and creamy almond finally vanilla musk woodsey notes, very nice indeed could unisex in my opinion.

I've found wearing it with dove body lotion seems to complement it well, I think it brings out the almond scent which stops it being to sharp.

For EDT I found it's staying power good, though you feel so fresh when you put it on I did respray 2 or 3 times yesterday even though 1 or 2 would have been enough.

I'm really pleased with this and it will be my go to in hot humid weather.

Recommended to my friend who got a spritz on paper in the shop during her lunch break and it smelt horrid, when she sprayed mine on her skin she couldn't believe the difference they smelt like different scents, so make sure you try on your skin otherwise you might be unnecessarily put off a lovely scent.

stayclassy
stayclassy

I almost didn't buy this. Citrus fragrances always scare me because I'm afraid they're going to be too sharp. But thank goodness, there really isn't any sharpness to this.

It's like the lime was sugared down, I think someone mentioned lemonade? I totally get it! Like a super juicy half tea, half lemonade. I know there's no lemons in here, or technically straight sugar, but somehow that's what comes through in the beginning and it's awesome. It softens a bit to the peony but never quite loses the lemonade factor.

That may be a negative for some, but for a fun summer fragrance I think it's great, both for the really hot days and for the light rainy days. It only comes in an EDT, but it's pretty long lasting for an EDT so at least there's that.

dad
dad

EDIT: I've got a 3.4 oz bottle of this (sprayed 2-3 times, 99% full) up for swap! Contact me if you're interested ^-^

Just got this today in the mail!
I sniffed the trigger, and was slightly alarmed because all I could smell was bitter pears.
Luckily, it did not smell that way when applied on my skin.
First thing I notice is limes. Not the sweet candied lime, the real thing.
Second thing was a white flower of some sort (that I now can identify as peony.) It gave a ladylike undertone to the limey scent, but this perfume is really complex on me.
The limes and peony stand out the most within the first hour or so. It then develops a new side, losing that citrus edge and becoming fruitier. Like icy pears.
It dries down to a musky amber with traces of tea.
Overall, it's a nice scent but probably for the 25+ crowd.
Its fresh, citrusy, and musky. A little bit bitter.
I can appreciate it for what it is, but for a 16 year old, its a little bit of a joykill (at least for a summer fragrance).
Obviously this doesn't apply to anyone who enjoys fresh, sophisticated, fruity fragrances! It is still such a beautiful scent, and I like it much more than the original Brit, but I probably won't be wearing it much.
End thoughts: If you liked Brit, but want a fresher version, I'd say give this a try!

christinavictory
christinavictory

I finally got this in the mail! Burberry Brit Sheer is one of my absolute favorite fragrances, but I had never before smelled Burberry Brit. Well, the other day I did go to the store and test the original Burberry Brit, and it just smelled TERRIBLE on me. Anyways, I got really nervous and then I read on here that Brit summer was similar to the original...and I was going to cancel, but the person I bought it from had already shipped it. I figured I might as well try it, and I am SO GLAD I didn't cancel it. This smells absolutely nothing like the original Brit.

I love London, it's one of my favorite places in the world, but there is nothing about this fragrance that screams "British!" to me. Instead, it screams "Cuba!" The description does not say that there is any mint or sugar in this fragrance, but I can distinctly smell both along with a strong lime and a little bit of rum. Essentially, this fragrance smells EXACTLY like drinking a mojito in a garden of peonies. It really brings me back to Havana. I LOVE it, A++

Edit: the dry down is a bit reminiscent of Burberry Brit. I like it way better in the beginning, but the beginning last several hours on me. While there are some similarities in the dry down, this is still a lot better than the original.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

Sorry, but this one smells like smashed rotten lemon. Not for me.

cherry_lips
cherry_lips

This creation by Burberry house was in my test list, but when I saw that many of you find similarities with the original Brit,I desided it's not worthed trying it, because I don't like vanilla in perfumes.
Today I was in the mall and I saw it on the shelf and I thought to myself "OK, why not?". It turned out on me was a fresh, a bit sweet lime-pear scent. After a few hours it changed to a mix of musk, wood and hint of peony. I find it lovely and very wearable spring scent!

Daivuce
Daivuce

Brit summer is a gentle sister of the 5th Avenue Style in my opinion. Despite the difference in notes on the list, they both start with nearly identical burst of citrus, while in Brit citrus soon gives way to pear and tea in 5TH Avenue Style it stays for much longer with dominant rasberry and spice. It the end they are still, two very similar scents.. with brit being sweeter not so in your face fume.

This is a refreshing, soft, creamy and very wearable scent, perfect for a hot summers day.

joliejodie
joliejodie

smells great from the bottle, smells lame on me :( Hopefully I can find the normal Brit one day and see how that goes.

Tiffanymr
Tiffanymr

So refreshing! Burst of icy lime and pear, lightly sugared almond heart with a fresh, yet sensual drydown of amber, wood and white musk. Light, sexy fragrance for summer. It brought the image of sitting in an adirondak chair whose wood has been warmed by the sun and body heat on the back porch overlooking a lake. You're with someone special, sharing smiles and the occasional laugh. A vase of lightly scented flowers sits on a side table with a selection of iced tea, sparkling limeade with iced pear cubes and sugared almonds. A rather safe scent, but lovely.

gangel04
gangel04

This gem has surprising longevity for an edt. I sprayed it on at 9am this morning, and now at 5pm I can still smell it when I bring my arm up to my face. Other than the almondy base this perfume doesn't really resemble the original brit to me. It's dominated by the lemon note from the beginning to just before the end. The pear note is pretty prevalent throughout. My experience with this surprised me somewhat because I had read about how similar this fragrance was to the original, but I was not surprised in a bad way.

This fragrance is pretty fantastic. It's the sprite to the original brit's latte if that makes sense. Where the original brit is more creamy this one has a little more bite. It smells fresh and clean without being soapy or sterile. I would say that it could be unisex, but it leans very much more towards the feminine, and I'm sure that's mostly because of the pear involved.

All in all, I'm happy I purchased this one (at a discount from groupon *Cheer*). And I'm more than a little sad that this is only a summer fragrance.

Jama4
Jama4

Tranquility in a bottle!!!

I enjoying this perfume a lot. Burberry perfume creators if you read this please make Burberry Brit Summer in EDP form.

Impression:
Initial sprits: lime, pear and tea
5 minutes: lime note dominates
20 minutes: a nice balance of lime, pear and tea
1 hr later: pear and almond mostly
4 hrs: the lime is completely gone; I smell pear, almond, vanilla and a hint of musk

My skin type: oily / youthful
Office safe: Yes very
Potency: Light (5 or more sprays are necessary)
Projection: arm's length
Longetivity: 6 hrs
Timing: Summer / day time
Price: $49 for 100 ml/ 3.4 oz at Winners / TJMaxx
Packaging: 7/10; standard for Burberry Perfumes

Will I Repurchase: NO

Update# 1:
this perfume lasts a lot longer than I thought it did...a few nights ago as I turned over in bed, around 2 or 3 am, I smelled Brit Summer. I was so surprised, as this was over 14 hrs after I had applied it. Brit summer projects more as the weather warms up.
Projection: arms length for 4-6hrs, then sits close to skin for 6 - 8 hrs
Longevity: 12 hrs +

Update #2:
Burberry Brit EDP is the better / stronger alternative to Brit Summer. Burberry Brit EDT had no almonds or vanilla when applied to my skin.

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

pansylady
pansylady

Lime and tea dominate in the top and mid phase, and it turns into a "soli-musk" in the base.

Sadly, the piquant and refreshing top and heart notes don't last very long at all

I wish this scent had a bit more oomph in the longevity/potency department-

Thanks for the sample, BB!

selinu
selinu

Way better than the original one. I really hate original brit but this scent is good

celebrity89
celebrity89

I don't think this smells too much like the original. A very light simple floral. Pretty and traditional.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

MissK's review below is spot on--this Summer Brit is similar to the original, but fresher and softer. The main difference to my nose is that Summer has a lot more lime from top to bottom. Summer has great longevity; though it's an EDT it lasts just about as long as my Original EDP on both my skin and clothes. I got 7 hours on my skin yesterday! By the end, of course, the sillage is minimal, but it's still there on my clothes and my family could still smell it when hugging me.

I also agree with Jillzilla that this is the perfect "California winter" scent. We still have quite a few warm days right now, and while I can wear the original Brit when it's cool, this one is perfect for the warm days!

Burberry Brit Summer may have a similar scent pyramid to that of the original, but I can't say that they smell exactly alike. I much prefer this Summer flanker. It's softer, fresher and fruitier.

Anyone that follows my reviews, will know that I don't usually enjoy fruity fragrances. There are only a few fruit notes that I like, and pear and lime are two of them. These two notes, when blended together, create a scent that is sweet, green, juicy, soft and feminine. Thankfully nothing in this fragrance comes across as being too overbearing.

Brit Summer is a really delicate fragrance. It is far more subdued than the original Brit, which often turned sharp on my skin. I would most definitely reach for this flanker during Summer.

The heart is well balanced with sweet, mashed pears, green lime, soapy peony and sugared almonds. It's almost a gourmand, however I'd describe it as being more crisp and clean.

The musky drydown is even more pleasant, striking me as being rather sensual and soothing. If only this Summer flanker wasn't a limited edition. It's one of my pet peeves when brands discontinue limited edition flankers, especially when they smell better than the originals.

The sillage of Brit Summer is fairly light and inoffensive. The lasting strength could have been better, but it's certainly not disappointing. My word to the wise is to go out and test this flanker as soon as possible. I fear that its existence will be short-lived.

Tsukinohime
Tsukinohime

Good choice for those who find the original a bit too cloying. A very fresh scent with a hint of sweetness in it. Almost certainly feminine, but not to a point of being girly girl. Just got this myself hours ago and so far I'm enjoying it. I got lots of green tea freshness which is balanced by the sweetness of the sugared almonds. I like it that way as it keeps the scent from becoming too syrupy sweet because of the sugared almonds or too bitter-green by the green tea. Of course other ingredients also affected the composition in some ways, but as a whole it is certainly to me a pretty balanced concoction. As I said, fresh yet sweet. Staying power is pretty decent for an EDT. This one is a sure compliment getter, provided if you use it in just the right amount. Highly recommended for just about any occasion, be it office or a special event. It is not so heavy so it is suitable for both day and night wear.

Adureeuh
Adureeuh

I love this summer version of brit! I usually go for sweet perfumes, which I both love and hate, so I bought this to balance out my perfume wardrobe. It smells really good, sexy, fresh, and somewhat spicy/woody. I got this instead of the original brit because I wanted to stay away from the vanilla sweet drydown a lot of people comment on. Even though it's "fruity" in a sense, it's not a super sweet, victoria's secret type of fruity. I think it's quite strong and could be a good work perfume if you spray lightly. It's a perfect end of summer, going into fall perfume, as it is a green, fresh scent, but also gives you a spicy warmth and good lasting power.

Lovely123
Lovely123

I hate this smell. I sprayed some on my hand and I did not like it. It only gets worse too, I don't even know how to describe its awfulness, it smelled like fried grass, dirt, and wood. I let my mom sniff and she thought it was pretty gross too. Not my cup of tea.

thejennysaurus
thejennysaurus

If you're going to start trying this perfume, spray it on your body instead of sampling it on the paper! On paper is smells absolutely awful. But, when it's on skin it takes about 20 minutes to dry down into a soft pear, peony and musky smell. It smells so awesome once it dries down!

Norgirl
Norgirl

A tiny bit more fruity then the original to me. a little stronger on he pear note . But else i am whit the other . This is so close to the original.. Hmm.. i havening a little flash back to my brothers car whit lots off wunderbaum.ha ha ..

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

I tested it in the store. Too me it smells almost the same as the original Britt eau de toilette which I own. I don't smell any difference.. It has a prettier bottle than the original Britt, but nothing new here.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

The top notes are fresh and green, lifted by the lime and tea notes, and the pear adds just a touch of fruitiness, without causing the fragrance to feel sweet.

In the heart of the fragrance, I can't say that I detected peony or almond specifically, or any of the individual base notes, for that matter. What I did experience was a gradual increase in dewiness of a cool, green, minimalistic scent which evoked memories of sun-warmed blades of summer grass and the green Bumble and Bumble Seaweed shampoo I used to love a long time ago.

And just as I was beginning to think this clean, fresh, green, and somewhat unisex fragrance would be perfect for hot summer weather, I walked outside into the cold rainy morning, and realized this is a perfect "California Winter" scent for my skin.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

Like the top notes on my skin, but it's top fresh notes fade and then smells like the original Brit and I like that one in winter, but this also drys down more musky than expected so I don't want a musky Brit summer , pass!

Burberry Brit Summer for Women by Burberry 3.85 out of 5 based on 261 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Burberry Brit Summer for Women fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Burberry Brit Summer for Women, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Burberry Brit Summer for Women by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Burberry Brit Summer for Women by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.