Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

Burberry Brit for Men Burberry for men

Burberry Brit for Men Burberry for men
dislike

I have it: 1183 I had it: 544 I want it: 381 My signature: 26

Burberry Brit for Men Burberry for men Pictures Burberry Brit for Men Burberry for men Pictures Burberry Brit for Men Burberry for men Pictures

Nonchalant Burberry Brit for Men is a perfect illustration of modern English spirit inwrought with tradition. Young English actor Hugh Dancy sitting in front of a fabulous old-timer embodies to perfection the laid-back, elegant spirit and philosophy of this new scent for men; demureness and irony, a classic turned into casual fragrance. Citrusy freshness of mandarin and bergamot and cool, spicy notes of ginger and cardamom preceed a masculine heart of cedar and nutmeg with a touch of refined wild rose. The base is sensual due to precious egzotic woods, gray amber, Tonka bean and patchouli. It was created by Antoine Maisondieu in 2004.

Green Mandarin Ginger Bergamot Cardamom

Nutmeg Cedar Wild Rose Spicy Notes

Tonka Bean Patchouli Oriental Woodsy notes Cedar Gray Musk

Burberry Brit Summer for Men

Burberry Brit for Men Fragrance Reviews

geekedz
geekedz

A simply gorgeous masculine scent for men who appreciate the elegance of the Burberry line.

It opens with a rather strong rose scent, but soon evolves into a beautifully complex hybrid of ginger, clove, and gentle spiciness. Its distinctly warm finish is due to the soft textures of patchoui, amber, and tonka bean.

It projects well on me for up to 4 hours and then becomes more of a skin scent that lasts a long time.

This beautiful cologne from Burberry is one of my absolute favorites. It's blended beautifully and truly brings out the masculinity of any man that wears it.

Absolutely stunning creation from Burberry!

Smell: 10/10
Sillage: 5.5/10

No harm in reapplying every 4-5 hours!

Brit for women is in my top 3 pics for women. Thats all i have for now

CUMTHRU$T0MPN!
CUMTHRU$T0MPN!

So hard for me to hate a fragrance, but Burberry, you really did it. Damn you all to hell! I would not wish this "cologne" on my worst enemy. If you're in a department store and the salesman asks,"sir? Would you like to try our Burberry Brit?" Just Run. Turn around and run away as fast as you can. Run to your car and don't turn back. Put tje key in your ignition and Drive to the closest freeway and get as far away as you can and never return. you will thank me later

mista majestic
mista majestic

Fantastically powerful powdery rose which is nice and masculine. Goes very strong for 2-3hrs before dying back to a good skin scent. Extremely similar to Burberry Brit Summer - so I wouldn't recommend buying the other if you already own one of these, they are that close.

Not for hot sunny days as it became very cloying, but great for eveything else!

kingderella
kingderella

I really wanted to like this, because the bottle is one of the best designs ever, and would look great in my little collection. Unfortunately, Brit for Men doesn't do anything for me. I'm surprised not to see vanilla in the pyramid, because that's all I got, along with some florals. Not very masculine, not very interesting, and actually kinda unpleasant.

rzk
rzk

Not up to the mark from a posh brand like Burberry

wingz85
wingz85

Is it weird for a women to like this fragrance? I was looking through random perfumes today when I picked this up and spritzed it on myself. Its spicy, and fresh. I t is a little feminine (I assume because of the rose) but thats what attracted me to it.

64_Mustang
64_Mustang

The only sentence that I can make : I love smelling it !

seachase
seachase

It projects as a rose scented baby powder.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Rose.
Scented.
Baby Powder.

Scent - 2
Longevity - 8
Sillage - 7

Madholm
Madholm

First of all this scent is too powdery for me to really enjoy properly, though as it dries down I do enjoy the rose/ginger that lingers for a couple of hours. It sits on me very close to my skin and does not last more than 2-3 hours. I will likely look for a more pleasing rose scent once I finish this 1oz bottle, but that may take some time as this scent is a tad young for me.

oblivion
oblivion

Brit for men is one of the most sophisticated rose fragrances. Rose by itself has almolst head ache inducing quality to it but in Brit woods and musk tone it down and make it soft like a cashmere scarf. The opening is a bit strong which makes Brit unbearable in hot humid weather. Overall it's a great winter scent for men and women.

JoeOM
JoeOM

A huge rose monster! Absolutely beautiful.

Lots of ginger, tonka, cardamon... in other words, lovely and spicy. A sweet musky dry down too!

Would be one of my most loved fragrances if only for one thing... This literally sits on my skin. I practically get no projection which is such a huge shame, and it only lasts around 4 hours on my skin.

Still though, this is GORGEOUS to me!

kanak

One of my all time favorites. I have had a bottle of this since 2005 in my rotation.My best friend gifted me a bottle. Starts off with citrus, ginger and cardamom briefly before the big rose and ginger combo takes over. Some musk and tonka come in during the dry down which is sweet and powdery and lasts a really long time. Brit is my happy fragrance, cheers me up when I am down and adds to my joy when I am happy. It is not overtly complex, it is not complicated, might get written off as baby powder, Luca Turin can call it Chav Spit, I couldnt care less. This smells good, clean, maybe a little dandified, wonderful. I love it. 9/10

flash_123
flash_123

This smells citrusy and with hints of ginger and smells like aquatic too. People on here saying it smeels like talc, I don't get it. It's fruity and gingery. It's a happy fragrance. When I wear this fragrance it makes me happy.

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

I came across this the other day and was surprised at how nice it smelt - so overshadowed by burberry london, yet i feel this one is leaps and bounds better (london is still a quality juice). Brit is the first dominant rose fragrance i have purchased, and it oozes elegance, class, and charm without being too in-your-face. I managed to pick up a 50ml bottle for 40 dollars, so i'm definitely not complaining.. it is hard to see anyone disliking this cologne!

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

Had smelled in in kohls and loved it but it was very expensive so I didn't buy it. I saw it in marshall's and found a 1 ounce for a reasonable price so I bought it. When I got home and sprayed it I was a bit scared because it appeared to woody/spicy for me. But a few days later I tried it again and fell in love with it. It turned out really fresh and powdery with a bit of a rose type smell. Kind of reminds me of talcum powder. I love it. Will definitely buy another bottle when I run out in the very near future.

dj_renovatio
dj_renovatio

The scent itself, believe it or not, is almost identical to Mona di Orio's Musc. The projection and longevity are much inferior, however.

I really wished this was more like the actual notes listed and not identical to J&J baby oil.

The three notes they have in common are Musk, Rose, and Tonka Beans. I wonder if the combination of these three turns into baby oil to my nose.

It must smell like something else to others as it is quite popular.

There is also one other fragrance I own that is nearly identical, but I cannot recall the name of that one for now.

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

i love this scent... somehow i get a vodka vibe scent... somehow liquorish... it smells casual yet expensive... it just doesn't last long... the silver limited edition smells better compared to this though...

trevorstilerocks
trevorstilerocks

This was given to me as a gift and what a wonderful gift it is! I smell mandarin and ginger on the initial spray but the drydown, I tell you it's wonderful! Love the woody note, sillage is quite strong and it last within a day. Not recommended to everyone, test before you buy.

cougarR
cougarR

koku güzel ancak kalıcılık ve fark edilirlik inanılmaz kötü.. Allah'tan 30 ml deneme amacıyla almıştım..

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

This beauty is probably one of the best designer frags on the market. Most popular ones are generic and to aromatic or spicy to even be taken into worthy account. Burberry Brit is an exceptional work. The rose is very heavy in this, which is why I enjoy it. However, it is a masculine rose that you could see a fancy, skinny, british guy sporting for a trip to the art museum or night at the club. It's for the man with a refined taste and likes what's popular but isn't dooped into everything that's said famous. I would call this a floral spicy, which is unique in itself. The ginger and spices are heavy in this fragrance as well. Don't worry, you won't be looked as a girl in this, but it's definitely not for your macho man neither.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

Echoing what others have noted below this has a soft spicy baby powdery vibe. The opening was nice but the drydown smells as though you dowsed yourself in Johnson's baby oil or baby powder. It's a no for me along the same lines as Bvlgari Blv.

frenchwhore237
frenchwhore237

Its not underrated. It is what it is ok? its powdery wood at an overpriced rate. I don't know what it will take for people to get that.

KJS88
KJS88

I find this badly underrated. For what it is--a designer fragrance--it has something to it few others do.

Its a sort of dynamism thats hard to describe, sorta.

Soft powderiness+sharp spiciness+plus warm vanillic/ambery notes+plus something "fresh and dry."

It gets unfairly lambasted as run of the mill. I really don't think it deserves it. Its not a love for me, but I do solidly like it, and would never be without it.

There's something very British about it in a way that transcends an older sense of "Englishness" and a newer sense of modern "Britishness."

Also, on a final note, it is often recommended when someone asks after a modern, masculine rose. Well all I can say is this: it is rosy in the same way Ombre Rose is a rose fragrance, Richard James Savile Row is a tobacco/tuberose/suede/smoky fragrance, and Annuci for Men is jasmine centred: its not really. Its there. It is the very thing that is the "je ne sais quois about it," but its not the dominant, attention grabbing note. Its a "blended" or "immersed" note.

Hope I made sense :-/

henri345que
henri345que

It's curious sometimes to re-sample fragrances you haven't liked so much because the results can be tottaly different from your previous impressions. I remembered Brit Men as a fresh fragrance with something acquatic that didn't last on skin more than two hours. For some reason, i couldn't detect the synthetic base that's clear to me now and i don't notice now anything acquatic anymore. On some places they listed cucumber as part of the notes which i'm not detecting on my skin. The pyramid used here makes more sens to me, altough i would say that i don't get each note individually. It seems to me much more like a modern, fine tuned concoction of fresh, spicy and woody notes that works and it's pleasant to smell.

cdresz
cdresz

Young, Unisex fragrance The rose note is a little heavy to be considered masculine. Definitely not your father's cologne.

The sprayer works well. 2 squirts on the chest works for me, a third squirt not needed.

This smells really great if you're outdoors or in a large space. If you wear it in a cramped room, it will surround you like a cloud of baby powder. I don't see leather listed, but I pick up just a hint of leather? And this compliments leather too. Wearing this with a leather coat creates a terrific aura and vibe.

So to all you 20 and 30 year old guys with a leather jacket... this is a young, safe scent and I think it projects further than most people have commented.

CaptainKotatsu
CaptainKotatsu

James Bond would never wear this. Smells like liquid baby powder.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I don't like most of the womens' Burberry scents but I think this one is refined and crisp. Maybe James Bond would wear this one during the daytime?

Endymion
Endymion

I'm very surprised that no one mentioned yet that this fragrance is immensely similar to Versace's Baby Blue Jeans!
Fresh and powdery, it's a little bit more rosey while BBJ is more citrus slightly but they are like copy/paste.

cytherian
cytherian

I received this frag as a gift and was reticent to try (thought about selling or giving it away), but after reading several reviews like this I decided to give it a go and commit with opening the box. I'm glad I did.

@StellaXYH & Virgoan-hunk - your reviews of BFM feels to be spot-on from what I've experienced so far. I'm not sure this will ever be a favorite, but it's a very solid "like". What appeals to me most is the nice long spicy wood finish. Definitely a fall/winter kind of fragrance.

One thing I will definitely say, is that for me the woody quality is about as forward as the spicy (the product detail here shows fresh spicy as more than 30% dominant over the rest). Also... where's the rose? That's listed 2nd, but I barely detect it. I'm not complaining, though. If the rose was more forward, Brit would be more like a unisex fragrance. If it's going to say "for Men", it should be mostly masculine IMHO.

But if there's one thing I'd say negatively about it is the synthetic quality. You get a blast of it initially and it does fade, but I find it never leaves. It's almost like the bottle has a plastic lining that has partially dissolved into the fluid. When I first started educating myself on fragrances, I didn't notice this. Yet, with the gaining of fragrance experience I'm now more sensitive to composition and now I can't help but notice the synthetic quality in BBFM. It doesn't garner a failing grade, but it does leave me wanting to find something like this fragrance with a more natural accord. 6.7/10

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Take all the baby products available in your nearest department store, put them all together in a cheesy bottle, and you've got yourself a 'fragrance' called Burberry Brit. Really dislike the way this smells. I don't know why anyone would want to smells like diapers.

Redbeard
Redbeard

I've struggled with Brit for a long time. I think it's one of the most British of the Burberry offerings, very homey and introverted in comforting but odd ways. There's a little burst of lemon or bergamot at the beginning, but with baby powder on it. As the woods and spices take over, it goes through a cola-like phase like the men's Opium EdT. After that it settles down to a very smoky, powdery spiced wood scent which I'd call truly unisex. Even though Brit doesn't completely appeal to me, I understand why it smells rich, classy and "right" for it's type. It's like someone squeezed the lemon out of Boucheron and poured it into Jaipur; the spice notes in and of themselves are rather nice. One problem is that the cola-ness becomes more of a rubberiness as the drydown progresses, and that generates some of my misgivings because it starts to remind me of bug spray.

For my purposes, the main question is whether the powder in the base is too feminine: generally, yes. The powder is aggressive and unrelenting at all phases of the progression. It's also chalky, giving a slight "lipstick" effect like in Dior Homme. The other problem is that it smells very different from right up close versus even a few inches away, where it's simply a gentle smoky vanilla. Even though the parts I don't like probably don't reach other people, I still have to suffer with them, and with the worry that I might smell as off to others as I do to myself. I'm just about to get rid of Brit, which is too bad because I'll miss staring at it; I think it's among the coolest bottle designs I've ever seen.

JensH
JensH

When i want an alternative to my beloved DHI, this is the one. I like the flowery, fresh and at the same time oriental fragrance. Longevity is moderate, as counts for the sillage - thus my own pleasure :-)

Kiku
Kiku

I tend to avoid Burberry. Most of their scents are very fruity, a fragrance family I don't like. But this, an oriental, I find plesant. It is warm and soft. Spicy and with just the right amount of sweetness. The dry, woody undertones give it depth and sophistication. Not great, not a "must have". But very, very good. A "should have".

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

After the initial few seconds of citrus opening, Burberry Brit for Men turns out to be peppery and extremely woody on me. Spices mixes very well with the woody notes. The ginger here is quite dry.

This first hour projects well and is the most masculine phase to my nose. Afterwards, some floral aspects start to mellow the scent down and eventually turn it into a powdery scent described by previous reviews. However, it's not overtly feminine, and I can't really tell the rose. During the transition, at certain point, it smells quite soapy and alike to the aldehyde in Miroir des Secrets to my nose.

Towards the final phase after about 5 hours, Brit for Men stays very close to skin and becomes a comforting scent prominent of tonka beans and musk, though the woods are always detectable.

The longevity in total can reach 10 hours and the average sillage is relatively close. Elegant, understated and without being pretentious. A versatile fragrance with attitude. This might not be THE gem in one's wardrobe but a total functional one.

Virgoan-hunk
Virgoan-hunk

A smooth blend of ginger, rose and tonka that is powdery and clean.
Burberry Brit is Sophisticated and charming.
It carries a modern crisp melded into a classic spicy powdered undertone.
A very Gentleman vibe is present throughout this Fragrances life.
Its projection is Subtle yet distinct and it lasts for 6 to 7 hours before bidding a warm goodbye.
Brit is to be worn on cold days and on Nights when you're with Your babes going to watch a show or catch a movie.
The ginger, rose, tonka, and soft musk base is truly romantic and will make your love want to sneak up closer and cuddle with you. People say it smells like a powdered dandy, but I beg to differ.
The smell is actually quite addictive and the quality is impeccable, I sometimes feel inferior to use this complex yet highly comfortable, and suave juice.
Soft yet distinct and highly well composed this stunner reminds me a lot off Armani Code, its that similar warm spicy powder scent just that Burberry Brit is more youthful and rose powdery, utterly gorgeous and highly complimented.
9 out of 10 I keep sniffing my arms like a lunatic whenever I use it and it makes me feel relaxed and warm and girls do tell me that I smell really good and that I smell good enough to cuddle and not let go, so there it is right there, a cologne that women adore and one that we can use to smell clean and classy with the added compliment factor.
A definite must try.
Clean, classy, powdered rose and musky tonka enchantment in a bottle that is truly amazing.
I love it enough to even say it may compete with my signature love ALTAMIR-gosh I love Altamir it is a truly under rated gem that is beyond hypnotizing and sexy as all hell and charming as heavens angels.

SparkyMarky
SparkyMarky

My friend bought me as a gift. First I kinda like it when the first spayed but after a while it giving me a headache and smelling like a baby powder. I gave it away to one of my friend.

apierce1991
apierce1991

UGH AWFUL!

It smells like baby powder for the first two hours, and then when it settles onto the skin it smells like a cheap, old man version of Versace Eros. It's nauseatingly bad.

MsDana
MsDana

I love it, it smells so good on a guy IMO. A great scent for Autumn.

ChrisInBrooklyn
ChrisInBrooklyn

I think this fragrance is fine, but utterly boring and lacking any distinction or personality whatsoever...

summerwong13
summerwong13

It smells very good at the first. Then after a while it becomes something not very special isn't it

lalelu
lalelu

why is cinnemon not listed ? .. its the main note i smell

Eromenos719
Eromenos719

My pillow sprayed with this transformed into my daddy bear, sweet, musky, and a real man man.

SHERIF SAYED
SHERIF SAYED

I absolutely love this scent.

jessbug
jessbug

As a girl who sometimes likes to wear 'for men' fragrances, Burberry Brit is an awesome first step. This is one of those perfumes where most reviews are pretty spot on, IMO. It's a powdery and spicy rose scent.

The rose is beautiful, way less 'thick' than the roses in heavy women's perfumes. And the powder note doesn't come across as baby powder; it just gives Brit a very clean feel. It's one of those scents that I can spray on immediately after a shower and instead of giving a 'cut to the next scene' vibe, it prolongs the clean-from-the-shower feeling.

I love this on a man, it is indeed a great staying in frag! But I also think it very easily works on a woman. When I wear this, I don't have to worry if maybe this scent is a bit too sharp or masculine for me. It's just lovely.

I don't reach for it too often, but I never regret it when I do! I think men and women can't go wrong with this one :)

4.2/5

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Rosy/powdery. If I'm going to wear a rose scent it'll be Cartier Declaration d'une soir, which is lighter and more airy - and doesn't have the baby powder note.

Don't get me wrong - this isn't bad. But not for me. I think I'd prefer more cedar, less rose.

The bottle is attractive!

theXRC
theXRC

Tried this today. I realize everyone is different, that being said...this smells like musky talcum powder. I don't smell anything else, even though I tried, and really wanted to like it. My wife didn't like it either. Oh well.

Powder + Musk = Burberry Brit. Sorry that's all I got.

Idlehands
Idlehands

burberry scents just dont do it for me. This one actually smells alright but Longevity is so weak on this one. I tried really hard to be into this one. Just didnt seem right for me. Ended up selling it off to a friend. Seems appropriate for ages 17-25 trying to find something other than ADG.

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

bug spray? insanity this stuff is pretty good especially for the price tag on it , it really didn't last long enough but thats the only complaint that I have but its still moderately lasting I'm a huge fan bug spray ? smh don't count this one out until u try it for yourself

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

The only Burberry I enjoy. It gives off that vibe where it's a mature gentleman's cologne but can be worn by any age. Peppery, sweet, powdery, smooth.

ethosan
ethosan

So i bought this on a whim, trying to add diversity to my collection, and grew to hate it. Never wearing it i used it as room spray the other day. Today i smelled the towel that i sprayed(5,6sprays) and it smelled so good. I could pick out so many notes from the heart to the base, very balanced and dynamic. Usually it just smells like an acrid citrus harshly cutting through powdery musk. Not for my skin but i have found its beauty.

browne54
browne54

Umm...definitely not a bug repellent of any nature. If this is what your deet smelled like when camping please extend the invitation of allowing me to know what brand of "Off" you wore. This is a powdery, fresh spicy fragrance which I find to be very pleasant. It last a while (8+ hrs) on my skin and projects relatively well. I wear this one when I am just casually relaxing with my girlfriend, she loves it, I smell good, win-win. I would not exactly wear this if you are looking to leave a first impression and I certainly would not wear this to the bars/out on the town. But a night on the sofa with the significant other you captured with one of the more heavy hitters in the wardrobe then its perfect. I believe this can be a successful unisex fragrance because it is powdery, and why the females in my life like it, but the minor woods and particular spices promote more of a masculinity to me. Overall an EXCELLENT causal fragrance to be worn when you are not trying to stand out or be taken seriously. However I do prefer Burberry Touch over Brit.

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

Awesome winter smell. Wtf is wrong with some of you people, this dosnt smell anything like bug spray! did you even let it dry down? Really good classic spicy/woodypeppery smell. Its a bit sweet and it is pretty spicy/powdery so dont over spray. I finally bought this after years of wanting this. I remember a buddy of mine was wearing this in winter, i smelled it from 10 feet away and was like holy crap what smells so damn good. Even though im more of a fresh/casual/summer scent kind of guy im really enjoy this formal/winter, more so than armani's code actually. Found this super cheap at target btw. Got it for 35, which is awesome compared to macy's 70-80 dollar price tag, How the hell does Macy's charge so damn much?

PS. This may sound strange, but to me this smells like a modernized, updated interpretation of old spice original. The most recognizable note in this one is cedar, which makes it very masculine. My only gripe is that i feel this dosnt project. Just a scent for close encounters.

paralataringa
paralataringa

brown sugar, woody, warm, not for me

Greg1965
Greg1965

I got to smell it today and I was a bit disappointed. Not my fragrance.

Mr.Mister21
Mr.Mister21

Very annoyingly sweet(if that makes any sense), Powdery. 5.5/10.

Ayl
Ayl

شاید بوش خاص نباشه اما متفاوته و البته خیلی اصیل . اولش یه کم سنگینه . وقتی میمونه روی پوست بعد از یک ساعت بسیار دلپذیر میشه . دو تا ادکلن هست که رایحه شون شبیه به این کاره ، یکیش ایوروشه اویدنس مردونه سال 2008 هستش و دومی اجمل سکریفایس مردونه . واقعاً بوشو دوست دارم . بوی رز ، هل ، جوز هندی و زنجبیل رو تو این عطر میشه به خوبی استشمام کرد . پخش بوی خوبی داره ، ماندگاریشم خوبه . برای من که عجیب گیرایی داره ، خیلی ازش خوشم میاد . ولی ادکلنیه که بهتره مدام استفاده نشه تا اون گیراییش حس شه . با اینکه یه کم رسمیه ولی من دوست دارم روزانه ازش بزنم . خیلی هم جدیه .
کلاسیک
مردانه
آرامش بخش
به من که اعتماد به نفس هم میده

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is good for winter & suitable with suit & casual clothes.This cologne is very powdery spicy scent

Vritti
Vritti

I absolutely love this scent. I bought it for my boyfriend and ther's nothing better :

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Fresh spicy type with quite a bit going on in it. Nothing about it stands out really. Burberry London is better in my opinion. Easily forgettable. Does not smell like Habit Rouge.

gd15329
gd15329

I really like this one. It reminds me of Habit Rouge Guerlain for men in a better (more younger) way. Elegant classy and it stays all day on me without offending anyone.

Very good smell (and nothing I used before - it's new to my taste.)

In one word... "TALC" but in a good pleasant way

Overall: 8/10

Damingo

Glad to help.. I got this info somewhere from this site in a forum i tink.
Hehehe..
I never buy my fragrances online due to the fact that m paranoid.
I often got my fragrances which isn't available in my country at Singapore Changi Airport (Nuanse Watson) whenever my sister plans to go take her vacation there.

Thanks, Damingo. That's the way : checkcosmetic.net/

Sometimes I buy edt online because it is much cheaper there, but it is only safe when you know the scent already, otherwise one can get a fake. I got a Bulgari Man on line and thought it was a fake becasue it doesn't last more then 5 min to my nose. Others say they can smell it at about 4 to 5 hours. So, I did check and it is original after all. And I did put a wrong code just to see what would come out: this number does not exist. Very helpful.

Damingo

Liquify baby powder gingery of heaven this 1.
It's refreshing, professional smelling & very2 ideal for hot tropical climate.
Agree with what Jose Marcos statement with its longevity.
However the sillage and projection wise is just ok for me.

checkcosmetic.net/
To check / calculate expiry of your fragrance lifespan (longevity issues) via batchcode
(not all designer brands are listed here but hey its better than nothing)

Jose Marcos

I agree with all positive reviews, hehe, but I live in a hot country, 365 days of Summer, and B Brit lasts about 24h on my skin, even after a shower I still can get that warm lovely smell od spices and powder and tonka woods. Some people says it smells of paper or cardboard, which is better than insect spray.I think B Brit is for every one, any time, any context. Just great. Hasany of you guys tested the EDP for women? I wonder about the almond note...

CodyHowl
CodyHowl

Dry and powdery. Elegant, demure, and cold.

When you first spray Brit, you'll be punched in the face by a peppery cloud of bergamot, ginger and cedar. Sophisticated.

The middle is pure powder, and I find the rose and nutmeg to be very noticeable here, although many of the top notes will still be present, too.

The whole thing carries with it a foggy, slightly spicy musk that I just can't get enough of.

This is a gentleman's fragrance, smooth and velvety, yet it does not smell dated. Sadly, it just doesn't hold up well in hot weather, so this is not a year-round scent for me.

wipemedown
wipemedown

Great scent. Defintely gonna get another bottle of this some day.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

This is one of my favorites in the Burberry line, followed by Burberry London.This cologne is spicy and smells so very clean and sophisticated. I spray it on in the morning and in the evening I can still smell it on me.

ericrico
ericrico

What the brilliant Antoine Maisondieu accomplished here is a very well-composed designer fragrance that has a nice uniqueness about it. The fragrance has been in my collection for several years (since probably around 2007-08) and I had tried it before that with some hesitancy due to the "baby powder"-vibe. I actually purchased Maisondieu's Burberry London for Men bottling prior to this (and really liked it)...and decided one cool Spring day to get a nice, relaxed but classy powdery scent with a nice rose note.

The composition is, in no way, offensive. But, it is also not "safe", as a man wearing this must have confidence, elegance and a sense of taste (as well as be in touch with his femininity). Not an olfactory experience that everyone will love - I find myself in the "Like" category because while it takes chances and the baby powder note will not agree with everyone, it doesn't do enough in the base that makes it 'great'. It is good - and a solid effort by Antoine Maisondieu. The powdery note has grown on me and I believe that it has more of a classic feeling of talc with a nice tea rose note blended together. Not barbershop - more refined. Nonetheless, it is powdery in how it carries.

For myself, I find my Static Feminine side really wanting to connect with it (and it does for a while...good longevity by the way) - but during virtually every wearing, my Dynamic Masculine comes forth with a bit of brashness and says, "Okay, what's next?" I always find myself reaching for a rather dominant and overtly masculine scent after this. The polarity is almost needed to bring back the balance. Not because I am not in touch with my feminine side. I actually like powdery/talc-infused scents and this does have a lot of other very good top notes and some base notes that cut through that accord, including the nice ginger and cardamom on top and the wood, patchouli and tonka bean in the base.

Don't get me wrong - this is a very nice bottle of fragrance and could definitely be a signature for men - a great office scent, I believe (but it depends on the man wearing it and the personalities he interfaces with in that office). I am actually glad I have it in my wardrobe, but I rarely reach for it - knowing where it will take me. It is a scent that I feel can "wear" me if I am not in the mood for it or I find myself in a different environment than I was planning on. I've received compliments on it and also baby powder "comments" - not necessarily negative. So, it will be noticed. Projection on me is definitely good.

A very thoughtful and well-orchestrated composition for those who appreciate this type of scent...but I recommend you try it before you purchase it. And, perhaps buy a preppy sweater to go with it and a new pair of loafers. This scent is a "dandy", and it will make you realize that masculinity is not all about bravado. Cheers.

mr_lonely
mr_lonely

This is the scent which I selected to wore when i just went to countdown to year 2013. How could I say, It's a very true Aristocrat Gentle Polite Pleasant Luxury Comfort British MEN Scent !!. First, when you spray to your body, you can only sniff alcohol and it's look like be disappear from your nose. That make me spray more and more(about 10 sprays). I thought " what is the hell perfume, that have nothing only alcohol" but when 10 minute passed, I amazed, very very amazing scent that I can sniff. Ginger Rose and Powdery is the best blended and very good composition. IMHO, I can said this is the best drydown scent. If you intend to sniff you can not smell this scent, but when you are inattentive or do activities the scent will be coming to your nose. Up to now, 7 hours I can still smell this scent(for 10 sprays haha). So, this is very unique. If you are finding a new signature scent,This is the first choices you should try.

Radiation
Radiation

Many people are amazed by this stuff and while I have a very deep respect for Burberry brand I am utterly disappointed by this fragrance. I am among the many who smell baby powder almost exclusively. My theory is that I live in a dry climate and have dry skin. All the other notes sort of evaporate with the opening which is nice, but fades into such an effeminate mess I can't stand wearing it at all despite all the compliments I have received for it. That said Burberry London is a masterpiece IMO. I LOVE that stuff.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Burberry Brit for men is an extremely unique fragrance. The best part about this fragrance is that it is very well composed; a perfume of such a taste could certainly be a very feminine scent.

The top of this fragrance is composed mainly of a very clean citrus and some ginger. However, do not be fooled, this citrus blast fades almost into nothingness after a while as the wild rose begins to show up. There is some ginger as well, which blends well with the citrus and gives it some warmth and masculinity. The cardamom and such spices present in the fragrance are well in control at this stage of the game.

The heart is the most unique part of Burberry Brit. The wild rose used is unique; it gives the fragrance a very masculine touch, whereas rose us almost always considered to be the queen of flowers, as mentioned in many an Irish ballad. The ginger calms down, but dons the fragrance with its spicy, calming sensuality. The cardamom keeps the fragrance interesting while also maintaining it from being a floral train reck.

The base is a quiet whisper of the remnants of the rose and the ginger, while the heavier notes of amber, patchouli and tonka bean become more prevalent. The fragrance he henceforth becomes very cosy, with a hint of powdery femininity to keep things interesting. Lasts well into double figures.

Overall, Burberry Brit is a very unique and utterly bizzare fragrance. But, if you don't like rose, this fragrance is not for you. This fragrance is for the gentlemen who want to try something different and unique. At the moment, I am thoroughly enjoying Burberry Brit. It is refined, elegant, and doesn't rush with things. A true masculine, rose fragrance. Hats off to Burberry for creating such a unique, sensual fragrance.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Conflicting feelings. This opens with a baby-powdery rosy glow, very expansive and soft, with strong woody underpinnings making themselves known as the minutes pass. Eventually the gingery-spicy accent rolls the roses out of the haze, but they never quite materialize into anything solid, remaining indistinct and fuzzy-smelly. Cedar, tonka, and musk arrange around this light floral bouquet. It's nice . . . but it smells a bit chemical and under-funded. It could use a little more rose, something stronger than ginger as a spice, and a little less tonka. That said, I do think it's an affable and versatile masculine that women could also enjoy wearing. Brit is a view of a pretty face through a camera lens that is completely out of focus.

claire25
claire25

This is warm, sexy, and spicy. There are notes of bayberry and cedar in this that I love in men's colognes. This was a blind buy as a gift for my husband; he likes it, and sometimes I steal a spray or two when I want to wear something drier and spicier than my usual perfumes.

Fwee!
Fwee!

A soft and spicy scent, for a man of quiet confidence.

There's nothing in particular that jumps out, here, and that's kind of the point: it's a very pleasant, understated scent. It's soft and a bit powdery, and there's a faint hint of rose, but it's nicely balanced by spice and wood notes that keep it just outside of unisex territory.

A good everyday fragrence, especially in cooler weather. This is most definitely not a loud 'grab the attention of all the ladies in the club' scent. On the other hand, it's not a bad 'snuggle up with someone special' scent.

a.odessa
a.odessa

Feels mis-matched. Too clean and too spicy to warm up on the skin.

kuba
kuba

nice fragrance for sure but too conservative!!!!.i rule this is suitable for 30+ groups.

cyberjayar
cyberjayar

well,., i just got one., and describing its smell in one word: talc

DNA Salli
DNA Salli

...too sexy for its bottle!

benpaul12
benpaul12

It's okay. First spray it is very strong and smells pretty yucky, it then mellows out and improves. Overall while it does last long and projects well it isn't that delicate and it's crispness just results in a pungent strong smell that's too harsh. It certainly doesn't match the Brit for the ladies.

It tends to match what Burberry has become - close to tacky and not really that stylish.

kanak

absolutely love this. lasts all day long. live in a place where its pretty warm most of the year and brit smells pretty good even in hot weather. it is a safe scent perfect for office or work. from the burberry house i prefer weekend for hotter days and london for nights out and colder days but brit is the most versatile of the trio.

JMonroy98
JMonroy98

I only like the top and the Base notes. Once it gets to the Heart notes, it smells disgusting.:( you have to like the smell of baby powder to like this.

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

Great Fall/Winter scent. Don't think I could wear this in the summer, it almost requires a chill in the air to be worn! :) It's spicy and would go really nicely at the holidays. Some have mentioned a slight to overwhelming powdery note in this, I don't get that when I wear it, but there is a comforting element to this scent that think comes off as more of a cashmere from the woods and gray amber.

CoolHandLuke87
CoolHandLuke87

I work in a machine shop right out side of chicago. I wear cologne to work sometimes to test longevity and projection (if i can smell it in the shop then it will do just fine at a bar).. And also i know the guys i work with will tell me exectly what they think and not sugar coat it. They didn't call me a lady or impley in any way i smell like a girl.

Im also gonna throw this out there, i enjoy this more then Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l`Homme. I enjoy the spice in this more, also i wouldnt think about wearing ysl to the shop... Make no mistake tho, La Nuit is a lady killer. I just feel brit is a bit more versatile...

chrisaxp
chrisaxp

I love Brit, I love the citrus at the beginning and the dry down to the cedar. Some people say it comes across a little feminine, I disagree. What it comes across as is sexy but subtle.

Brit has some relationship to Armani Code. I compare it this way, Burberry Brit is Armani Code's older, less slutty sister.

RES2525
RES2525

There was a time when this had a stigma of being overly abundant in the world. Now seems a fine time to break this modern classic out again.

Brit opens sharp with an accord of ginger, spices, and citrus on top of a smooth cedar note. The ginger in particular stands out on my skin and I find it represented very well here. Brit warms my senses and find it very comforting to wear in cooler weather. Every layer of the composition is pervaded with a persistent light powder and vanillic warmth of tonka bean. I generally don't like powdery scents but the powder is put to good effect as it rounds off the edges of the sharper notes. I find this a better use of powder than was the case in Armani Code.

As the fragrance dries down the rose note becomes more apparent and it seems quite well done. It always seems caught between other notes and supports them quite well. At this point an almost incense like quality continues its ascent to marry with the heart. This is probably the patchouli, cedar, and musk. The scent pretty much holds this tune until the final stages as it fades away.

Longevity isn't bad. Brit lasts a solid 6 hours before becoming a skin scent. Sillage and projection also are respectable. 3 or 4 sprays should suffice for most occassions.

I really appreciate Brit. It's always a safe one to go for in cooler months. Especially so if I'm feeling unsure or unmotivated to wear anything in particular. Brit could pull off most any occassion, casual or formal. It strikes me as most appropriate for fellas from their teens well into middle age. Doesn't hurt that women seem to show majority approval of Brit as well.

mrsliwang
mrsliwang

Use to be my everyday scent, long lasting, musky but not too strong. Unisex.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Hands down the 2nd best Burberry cologne in the series next to London in my opinion. Brit offers a warm floral and ginger opening and tones down to a woody scent. A nice fit for fall/winter day or night. Brit is Boss

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A short lived close to the skin frag, which is lovely, creamy and manly...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-30 mins - 2 inch projection. A creamy, deboniar, smooth frag for the classy, mild gent. Ages 38-52. Nice and snug and will make your man all dreamy, but you will have to get up close to him,...but I guess that's the point..lol

30 mins - 3 hours - Close to skin, smooth and mellow

Cute'n'cudly for the mid-mature man

Ganz77
Ganz77

It's just too feminine for me. Baby powder , ginger and something my mam would wear mixed in. I really think this should be a unisex at best.

camposg

I think i threw this out. It lasted maybe 5 minutes on my skin. Brit for women is a masterpiece. BB really needs to step their game up with their line for men

imthesamyouknow
imthesamyouknow

(Pure Powder) The most powder in a scent I've come across and that's something I just don't like in my scents very effeminate.

elephantmoss
elephantmoss

This smells very nice, especially in the winter/fall due to the sheer spiciness of it.
It is very wonderful however, and does last awhile.
I actually love the fact it's not "manly", since many such scents, to my nose at least, smell very old and overpowering, whereas this is softer, which is most likely why many of the reviews consider it feminine.

I definitely think that it's a scent for a younger, fashionable man, much like it is marketed, and definitely not a more traditional men's fragrance.

That being said, it is still certainly more masculine than feminine and is soft, spicy, and fresh in all the right ways.
One of my favorite scents, along with L'eau d'Issey pour Homme.

dromidreza
dromidreza

خیلی خوشبو...بوی با کلاس و بسیارعالی داره.ماندگاری و پخش بو هم رو پوست من بسیار عالیه.

kalphos
kalphos

Much better on the scent card. When on skin, a baby powder impression came through and was a turn off for me.

lowlight
lowlight

It smells nice, but it is way too 'sweet' and 'floral' for most men. If you are a small, sensitive guy who perhaps wears scarves indoors, then this is for you. If you weigh more than 160 lbs, look elsewhere.

DocTales
DocTales

Definite baby powder smell. If you're into that, go get one. Otherwise don't.

Epichicken
Epichicken

I'm in high school at the moment and purchased this fragrance just because my girlfriend liked it best out of all the scents at the perfume store. The opening really caught me when I got hit with all the woody spices and such, I get complimented mostly during the first two hours of wearing it. However, it fades into this really powdery almost baby-like scent, I would also get comments such as, "You smell like baby powder" and "what are you wearing? Its really girly"
Now girly doesn't exactly describe this scent, but after such a big falloff from the opening I can see why it is considered feminine

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

Just got this one and it reminds me of a lighter and smoother version of what Grey Flannel could/should be.

soned
soned

I was going to write a full review, but then I saw drummerdude73 review, and that is exactly how I feel about this one, word by word.

Only thing I may add is....the first 5 minutes are VERY harsh, a mix of alcohol and spices, but give it some time, it will calm down. I grab this one over London any day, since projection and longevity...and as a matter of fact, the actual scent of this one, are far superior.

PS: Powdery is not a synonym of feminine.

andronicos
andronicos

Brit of course! London is good but only for winter.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

As i am seeing so many positive comments on this cologne. i haven't tried it before. parallel to that, i have also heard about Burberry london, not tried it too.can some one tell me, which one is good? London or Brit? Thanks..

kaspy11
kaspy11

I love this stuff!

JimTheGreat
JimTheGreat

Baby wipes and ginger... I love it!

ganabalong
ganabalong

A rare fragance for men, have a nice "rose" note but don't smell femenine. Is a good complement for a cold season, not intrusive, inspiring and wonderful!...I like it!

vicka16
vicka16

I saw few people mentioned that it could be an unisex perfume, so I was curious and decided to try it.
Well, I must disagree. I find the scent to be soft and a bit powdery, but definitely not feminine. It is suitable for an young man. Or if you just don't know what to weat today, just spritz this one, it's sort of "passe-partout".

pixelmoxie
pixelmoxie

I love smelling this on my husband's hair! Perhaps it is the ginger and cedar notes in it that draw me in. It is neither overly heavy and screaming "I am here",nor too fresh and energetic. It is more of a clean, subtle presence that does not reveal itself that easily.To me it smells more woody than spicy and it reminds me of vastness that awaits to be conquered.

raducu
raducu

Love it! Very sensual and sexy...for me it's not the smell of baby powder...it's gentle, fresh and sweet at the same time.. Very well blended...

Longevity: 5-6 hours
Sillage: 8/10

Perf
Perf

I love this scent. At first I get a sweet soapy woody powdery ginger bread. Its not a over powering or chemical smell. Very pleasant and long lasting at least 6 to 8 hours.

happyharv29
happyharv29

Great smelling! Bought it blind at Marshalls and waited about a month to try it, and boy did I wait too long! Very subtle scent, the ginger note sticks out most to me. Put it on at 4:00 PM and could still smell it heading into the shower 9:00 the next morning. VERY LONG LASTING, great buy, highly recommended!

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

I bought this for my nephew ..unsiffed. And I found myself in love with this (for me) It's peppery ... yet slightly feminine creamy ... smooth.. bright but soft. Absolutely love it.. I found it hard to give up, I almost kept it for myself. Wish I did. lol

Wonderful.. for men or women

mo212
mo212

Very nice perfume actually,feels sophisticated sometimes i guess if u apply too much. Longevity is amazing... actually its been almost 10 hours since i applied it and i can still smell it

sillage 9/10
scent 8/10
longevity 9/10

yilmazg
yilmazg

One of the two greatest Burberry men's right there with London. Masterly blended powdery, woody cologne. The ginger stays there right till the end. Opening is a bit harsh and unnatural but after 30 mins it settles to a very sensual, kindly masculine smell.

Brit is a bit confusing as none of the notes dominates the others. This makes Brit a highly versatile cologne. I rate it as a four seasons cologne.

Thanks to rose note Brit is also a bit floral but it cannot be classified as floral. It is mainly woody with just the right amount of sweetness. I agree that it is somewhat in the unisex territory. I also think it is a love or hate cologne. The cologne is not very natural smelling but that does not bother me. If you like powdery masculines then try this. This is one of the best. Sillage is above average. Longevity very good. One of my all time favourites. Perfect for the young gentleman. 9/10

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

este y london son mis favoritas, aunque london me dure y proyecte mas, este es un olor dulce y delicado, pero muy atrayente, quisa le falta longevidad y proyectar mas, si este fuera tan fuerte como es london seria mi fragancia favorita entre todas las que e tenido.

powerelixir
powerelixir

i love it! it´s pretty feminine for a man´s scent but not too feminine. it´s a perfect mixture in my opinion and very suitable for the younger or the younger-in-mind. i like the powdery part of it!!

Romnel
Romnel

The BEST of Burberry

drummerdude7318
drummerdude7318

I actually don't get feminine from this. I get a lot of spices and a little bit of powdery florals, but not in a feminine way; in a soft way.
What I mean by this is that this smells like it would be the nicest, kindest man in the world, but in no way feminine; I could only picture a man wearing this.

This has got to be one of the most appealing fragrances I have ever smelled, and I get loads of compliments with this.

It also smells very natural, outdoorsy, artistic, and laid-back. I get 10+ hours of longevity every time with the projection maintaining throughout that duration.

I wear this year-round with no problem at all, and it is a great scent to have people remember you by since it is very unique as well. It lasts for days on end on clothes so it is a good one to spray on a t-shirt and give to someone so they can keep smelling it and be reminded of you ;)

It's one of my favorite fragrances and I have no complaints. Go buy it

For some reason, fragrances with strong cedar notes that were made within the last 10 years (approximately) are unpleasant to me. I like Listen for Men, which is older but features a strong cedar note, for example (I think it was also marketed as the Sharper Image's men's fragrance). I like the idea of Brit for Men but there's something in it that is really unpleasant to me, and it comes across as "synthetic" and irritating. On the other hand, Rose d'Homme is great. The major difference seems to be that cedar note! Anyway, this is a powdery/woody rose for men. If you like that idea, and that cedar note, one would assume you will like this one.

bp
bp

I love this perfume.
It is excellent in all aspects.
I really want to have it.

skoobiesnax69
skoobiesnax69

A more refined version of Versace Baby Blue Jeans, with a talc-like kick :-]

evilspin
evilspin

This is a fragrance! Goes with everything. Can be for any age group. I dont smell the rose in it but I sence the baby powder but with more of an oriental woody and gourmand mix. Love all fragrances with Tonka Bean. It makes things warm and sweet and masculine. The ultimate when mixed with woods.

VanAllan
VanAllan

A powdery decent woody fragrance that starts off directly with a blast of sweet fruity spiciness (ginger, bergamot & nutmeg) and almost instantly the rose(wood) come along together with cedar and tonka-bean. On my skin it remained softly/sweet/woody/powdery for the next 5-6 hrs. Not bad at all.
For a few moments I clearly smelled a Davidoff Zino softer clone, without the macho allure and 80's style of the last. I love Zino, it's one of my signature scents and Burberry Brit it's just a young, fresher shadow of it, so normally I shouldn't feel drawn to, but there is something "je ne sais quoi" with Brit that keeps me wanting more..."you want to feel young, free and careless again, isn't it?" should someone whisper in my ear...
Anyway, a "will buy at a good deal" fragrance for me and a deserving rank of 8.7/10 for this young style good smelling juice. ☣☣☣☣

blueberry
blueberry

Very weak for a Burberry when it comes to sillage and lasting power. Very understated and I think good for those who do not really like perfumes. It is clean and soft, delicately woody in the drydown only but absolutely nothing spectacular to spend money on.
It can work as a unisex easily, but there are so many better ones out there.
Do not buy it blind. I guess it is the first time that the women's version of the perfume duo is better than the men's one in my view.

Barney Stinson

This fragrance resembles Armani Code most but for some bizare reason it is impossible for me to put it in the box...

jcastano
jcastano

I remember I was a junior in high school in 2005 and was asked by a senior to prom. I accepted and decided to do a bit of shopping for the occasion so I ended up at the fragrance counter at Macy's. After trying virtually everything Macy's could offer, I tried this last and immediately knew to purchase it! If I had a dime for all the compliments I received that night, and on top of that, my date could not keep her hands off me! It was awesome! It's safe to say I got lucky that night ;)

Anyhow, It smells very similar to Armani code, and it should considering it was made by the same perfumer, however, Brit possesses something more. It's deeper, richer, and not as fresh as Armani Code. It opens up very green. The top notes are woodsy and piney with a slightly bitter citrus but the scent itself does a full 360 in the heart and base as it becomes a warm, powdery, sweet & spicy, floral. I even detect some cocoa as well but the tonka bean, nutmeg, wild rose, and woody notes really are the main theme in this fragrance and over a light musk. It almost smells like a more refined scent of baby wipes because of the powdery quality except Brit is not as clean. It's just a well done spicy/oriental perfect for any occasion and better suited for the colder months. The only flaw this probably has is that it's very common anywhere you go. Other than that, you have a winner! It works beautifully on my skin and I must be lucky because it projects well and lasts 6-8 hours on me. I truly adore Brit along with its very cool and stylish plaid bottle!

Vierhuizen
Vierhuizen

Burberry Brit.

This is one classy cologne. Soft. Elegant. Understated. Those are the words that come to mind when I wear this.

It smells a lot like baby powder. There is also some light florals, spices, and woods in the backround. This scent is very clean.

It's a very good scent for the fall. Somebody over 18 could pull this off as an every day fall and winter cologne. For highschoolers, this could be worn as an every day cologne, but it works best on formal occasions.

Projection and longevity are pretty good. Nothing special though.

inquisitor
inquisitor

I used Brit for several months until I broke my bottle.
Brit consists of a refined citrus top with a powdery base with hints of wood.

I read through the reviews and a few of the things I agree with are:

"A refined, sophisticated aroma for men, is an amazing blend of greens, hints of nutmeg and tonka bean." -Perfumaniac

"It reminds me of fresh newsprint." -promoscanner

"sweet and powdery" -several people say this and I fully agree, the sweetness is very manageable though.

Very memorable and manages to be classy without smelling anything like "old man cologne". Unique enough to be mistaken as a pleasant and natural smell by the uninitiated if you hide the bottle. Very versatile, good longevity and projection. Whereas it could work as a unisex perfume I think it would be slightly better on men. This is a great scent IMHO and the only downside is that some people might find it too powdery. I accidentally broke my bottle of this but I would still be wearing it otherwise.

Wildcard
Wildcard

This one here is my signature scent. It goes with everything from business to casual to drinks at the bar you can't go wrong with it and its good for all seasons except maybe the hottest days of the summer. It is the scent you can rely on when eveything else falls short. A must for for todays mondern man.

oxm
oxm

Burberry Brit for Men is a fragrance on the classic oriental tendency, the opening is sweet blend of citrus and ginger in the middle of the rose (even though peeps now), among others, the fund carries exotic woods, patchouli (just mentioned) and tonka bean.
It is a warm scent, but at the same time lightweight, has something women: the rose could be that at times recalls the agreement Tresor de Lancome.
Brit is a perfume whose evolution seems to slow, but for this you have the opportunity to appreciate it fully, gives the feeling of happiness and joy, will be reminiscent of ginger cookies party.
Summary: sweet, evocative, romantic and surprising.

Cameron96McBride
Cameron96McBride

Ok so this is my first review i might be off but i'll try and describe this cologne ill just give the starting of the fragrance

Ok Burberry Brit for men, i got this 2 days ago i blind bought it cuz i collect colognes and it doesnt matter if it doesnt smell good to me i can just return it. but i was really happy with this cologne.

Im going to spray one on paper and on my wrist... as soon as i open the lid you instently smell the powdery almost smell and the rose toghether. very nice, im going to go back and fourth between wrist and paper

ok first the wrist-i get a lot of powder and some rose mixed together its almost a pretty manly scent buti like it. its still very manly, after a bit though the rose is more destinct and the powdery like smell dies down a little bit... its starting to get a little bit fruity/citrusy with some rose and a tiny tiny bit of spice but the rose and powder are still the most destinct, i start to get some woody notes i can tell its drying down

now paper- on Paper i get more of the rose then the powder but after a bit the powder and rose are about even, on paper the scent wont change for a very long time so im done with paper ;p ill keep doing the wrist review .

thats all im doing for now, maybe ill do the dry down part tommorow. but so far

its and (8.5/10)to me

longevity- N/A
projection-(9.5)
Overall Scent-(9.7)

i hope this helped!

boxofcrayons
boxofcrayons

while I was shopping yesterday, a small boy accidentally dropped a bottle of burberry brit, and it broke. By the time I reached the area, about 3 minutes later, the air was filled with a wonderous smell that I loved right away. Even mingled with the window cleaner that had been sprayed on the floor to clean it, the brit was still proudly dispersing through the air. I am a lady, and I will be purchasing a bottle next payday! For my own use!

MmM
MmM

at first, i hate the smell, after few minutes, i started to like it. just wait for a while, and you'll love it.

nicohc
nicohc

i searched for years for the perfect signature fragrance for me and finally found it.
i just love this and cant get enough of it.
opens very citrusy with ginger,but not your usual fresh citrus,this one is a spicy,a bit sour citrus.
then evolves into a floral woody scent,some may find this to feminin,but i really like it and find it trully masculine.
ends up with a woody tonka bean.
the whole fragrance is as many said here,powdery,but its really not like baby powder,its a clean fresh semi-oriental smell.also some said they smell vanilla or even chocolate in the drydown,i dont know whats wrong with there noses but there aint nothing like that in here.
i agree with the guy that said its not for clubbing,its far to elegant for that.
it also remind me of christmas,so best worn in winter or fall,even in spring when its not too warm,but not really for summer.
its not a big projecter but its very noticable with just 2 sprays.
lasts a good 8-10 hours on me,and even after that i can still smell a soft musk for a few hours.
so if your looking for a decent (not over the top sweet or fresh) classy masculine scent,try this one.
at first smell it can maybe come over as a little harsh citrusy,but after a few trys youll totally love it,i know i did.

for me 10/10 its just the best scent out there,totally adore it.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

The benefit to staying away from trendy stuff is that you don’t smell like every other guy. The down side is that you can miss some good stuff. Case and point, THIS. Smells really nice. Easy to like, wow factor and distinguished. Fresh but not shower gel fresh. Really nice.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

It reminds me of Earl Grey tea in the topnotes. I guess it's the bergamot and the overall English feel about it.
The drydown is more like fresh and spicy vanilla powder
Comfortable and cozy
Elegant and gentle
Floral and sweet

Very easy to wear in cooler weather btw.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I found it very powedery and soft, which I do like in a perfume, but being as powdery ad soft as Brit means the longevity of the projection itself is poor and re-application is vital. For a $20-30 perfume, I could do that, but not for Burberry.

sunodennis
sunodennis

Very decent. No word describes this scent better. Wearing it in the evenings, the scent is weird (in the good way), I´ve never smelled something like this. I´m 18 years old, and my collection of perfumes and EDT is quite big, because we are something like a "perfume family" at home. Would recommend, it fits from 18-30, in my opinion. It makes from every boy a man. I definitely don´t think that it is feminine. I, personally, don´t know how to imagine this scent on a woman.

KS84
KS84

I feel like talc powdered Bambi jumping through blossoming flowers in a nice spring day after it rained... own his way to the office when I wear it.
It's young, hip, fresh, soft, sweet and somewhat formal. It's not sultry, but can be suggestive.
Longevity: 6-8hrs (on my dry skin)

It was slightly difficult for me to collect my thoughts and form an opinion regarding Brit for Men, because the scent kind of left me slightly disappointed.

Burberry Brit for Men, seems to me, to be lacking in substance and character. I can barely smell it, apart from spontaneous wafts of powdery ginger and damp woods. Perhaps it is supposed to be subtle, and while I don't like anything too strong on a man, this is going way beyond subtlety.

Sporty, casual maybe, but nothing too outstanding. Pleasant enough but underwhelming in the sense that it doesn't evoke any kind of feelings in me. Honestly, this fragrance could suit a man that loathes fragrance.

The powderiness is not bothersome for me, as I don't find it feminine like some reviewers perceive Brit for Men to be. It's masculine but too faint. There's not enough power to make me love it.

I didn't pick up on a rose note at all, but I advise men to not be turned off by rose in a masculine composition. Rose, when done well, can smell amazing on a man, take Le Labo's Rose 31, for example.

oyster_horace
oyster_horace

powdery and effortless
this is what i would normally reach for if i can't decide what to wear on that day

top: fresh, can definitely smell the GINGER and citrus
then it turns woody and powdery
the wood notes are slightly earthy actually
*very typical tonka bean and patchouli smell and feel
and the musk makes it powdery

doesn't last TOO long though

a very easy yet respectable scent
you would be effortlessly put together by having this on
very gray, quite and non-offensive
great for quite persons!

alton90
alton90

Love this. Perfect for a true gentleman. Somehow emanates a very chivalrous air when you're wearing it, provided you dress up appropriately(and by that i mean like a serious grown-up)
Do not EVER wear this if you're going clubbing, you'll be doing injustice to the perfume! Comes off as sweet and little bit powdery and settles wonderfully. Base notes are amazing. This is definitely an acquired taste

9.5/10

floof
floof

Surprised to see such negative reviews on this fragrance, I think it is the best unisex fragrance Burberry has ever made by far! My cousin (male) showed me his bottle and let me smell it on him- very masculine and spicy while being deeply sweet (I suspect thats the tonka) with a citrusy top. I had to try it on myself, and on me (female) it is so feminine, all of the rose and cardamon/ginger is what I get. Anyone who buys this from anywhere but amazon or ebay is making a costly mistake, I got my full sized 3.4 ounce bottle for $35 and I was able to get my boyfriend a big bottle too for the price of one of the same sized bottles if I bought from a large retailer. I love this as a room/sheet spray but it is a total wrist sniffer. I think it is extremely likable and unisex- it transforms on a woman or a man to suit them. Burberry, this is truly your finest- and what a beautiful bottle! It reminds me of a more masculine Burberry Red, which I also own- its just not as good as this, sorry Red! I am a little obsessed with this fragrance right now!

inception
inception

nice...:)

igork
igork

It smells like a sun tan lotion not unique at all. Maybe is more a woman scent.

Smell: 6
Projection: 8
Longevity: 7

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I don't get any talc in this.
I think it has a very classic British feel to it, epitomised by the gorgeous Hugh Dancy. It's subtle, but enticing. I smell the musk, amber and cedar particularly. I liked it.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Hmmmm babies... You could spray this on an infant and it will blend perfectly! This is a TERRIBLE scent! I would not recommend this to anyone unless they like roaming around smelling like an infant. Thanks but NO THANKS!

batabidd
batabidd

Another dissapoining attempt of a floral for the man. To my nose, the overall effect is a woody baby powder.

-This is the the oddest scent from the British line so far-. This is exactly what I thought when I sprayed today "Brit" on my wrist and I kept sniffing it for a couple of hours.

"Brit" opens loud with a overpowering top notes that melt together becoming rather generic and synthetic .

Just be patiente and then, this perfume will develop into something much more pleasant and complex.
In fact the real soul of the whole juice remains in its heart notes with a delightful mix of nutmeg, rose, soft woods and tonka bean.

Unfortunately, the fragrance quickly changes and develops really sweet, and (argh) something powdery with soft cedar and a whisper or rose in the background.

It is a real fiasco.
This is very unisex leaning on the feminine side.
I am sure a lot of girls would like it more than men.
So, at the end of the day, who would enjoy wearing this?
I can only picture young, skinny, androgynous guys enjoying this cologne.
Longevity is average. It develops subtle.

costaleo
costaleo

This is simple fragrance. The best "simple" can do. Its simplicity is its charm. It's seductive and mysterious and yet calming and cozy to wear. It may be the ginger in the top notes. Just don't let yourself be misled by the citrus opening. After a while this scent increases in power and CAN be cloying if overapplied. I recommend 2 sprays at first to see how it works out for you. The best Brit IMHO.

periquito89

A 2 years old goddaughter and I have been changed hers nappies. Its just a hint of baby wipes and talc. But I like the smell. I like very much Brit, as I like the ad, and the London man and woman ad too. I don't get the rose and that's what matters. I was a bit sarcastic with the people who thinks that ":¬).

periquito89

Baby wipes and talcum powder smell, in the best way. I read these comments, and they are not terrible wrong. That and the existence of a rose note kept me distant for a long time.

But the very good comments captivated me. I finally tried and had to buy a 1oz. bottle. The rose note is so insignificant to my senses that no flowery tone catches my attention.

I would never think that I would use the word lovely, but lovely was the first one that came to my mind. Lovely, here, has nothing to do with yupi or yummy. If you have a fine sense of romanticism, a discreet elegance on a circumspect but charming person, you know what it is.

As you know a scent just doesn’t make a person. But is amazing how you could be so direct being indirect, captivating all hers attentions by your way of talk and behavior, with the scent just lingering in the background, everything without revealing the most instinctual wishes and savage nature of yours man heart. In that sense, it would be a fatal weapon, maybe the best of it.

To kick some ass around you may wear Fahrenheit but Brit wouldn’t hold you if you have to, although would be funny.

The traditional Burberry is sharp and made my former secretary sneeze when I walked into the room. It also makes me thinking about a big art-deco hall of a bank, and the well dressed people who works there. London, although being the kind of traditional masculine scent, is just a smooth one that I change easily by Armani Attitude, and looks very amateur when compared to Azzaro pour Homme.

But Brit is different from what I have. It is powdery indeed, but in a well made manner.

It is strong in a way, most of all in the first hour. So, don’t over apply it.

I would use specially on the right occasions, to don’t reduce it to just one more scent.

autumn89
autumn89

This is very, very good quality stuff. Does NOT smell remotely synthetic. Lasts really well and has a great sillage.

Give it a try. It might not be to everyone's tastes, but you should at least be able to appreciate the quality.

I cant really think of a less "chavvy" fragrance!

So lovely. Its warm and comforting and really smells a lot like Christmas trees in the top notes!

Smells entirely natural, and lasts a long time with decent but not overpowering sillage.

The base notes are a vanillic woods with a good dose of musk.

Best worn in Winter.

Really well made.

tomb123
tomb123

this is some good stuff. bought it on sale not expecting much but got quite a few compliments with this one on. id say this isnt really an everyday cologne but not a special occasion one ethier. gonna probably get some more :)

RayFlash
RayFlash

This one's mainly a powdery rose that's hard to not like, but... much harder is to kick anybody's ass while wearing it, and that's a big con. ;-)

It's a pleasant scent, but it'll make you feel so polite, that you gotta be careful where you wear it - court or the IRS are a no-no. ;-)

Good longevity and projection.

DC-8
DC-8

Very wonderful woody platform. Romantic and soft with a touch of spice. Great longevity. You would receive comments as well.

Startup is just like green tangerine: sour sweet. The heart notes lead to a fresh powdery platform, while the base notes end up with a wonderful woody level, resembling a bit like a classic wooden pencil smell, which I love it indeed.

For Dior Homme lovers, it would also be an interesting choice, and vice versa.

The price is pretty convenient, considering such a brand, scent, quality and lasting power.

Alinaishere
Alinaishere

this is my "the one" cologne for men.
it drives me insane, in a good way.
its spicey and sweet and distinct. i love it so much and am sad my BF is done with his bottle.

Venom
Venom

Very nice and distinct. It's a good twist for young professional. Kind of that bridge between a teens cologne and an old mans cologne. Greatly recommended for winter/fall and for those night out with a suit or tux. Not everyday use.

guest_VJ
guest_VJ

I love this Burberry Brit for Men from Burberry! It smells heaven! And it suits me perfect! Mmmmh.

Barney Stinson

Burberry Brit is often compared with Armani Code (no wonder, they have the same nose behind it and both are launched in '04), however this one is slightly less powdery in the opening notes. The transition from top to finish does not take place so fast as with the almost linear Armani Code. Burberry Brit starts with a citrus opening, then goes to a woody direction where you'll get subtle hints of sweet rose and nutmeg (this is the "baby powder" smell). The best part is the late drydown that to my nose is very sensual (apparently the tonka bean and gray musk combination).
The overall effect is woody baby powder.
Sillage is great, longevity average.

Burberry Brit for men isn't for everyone, but I recommend you try this if you love scents like Armani Code, Le Male (Brit is more subtle), Dior Homme (Brit is more masculine).

My rating: 8/10

behzad1280
behzad1280

Imagine that you have a citrus tree, like sour orange tree.
You start eating it. First from fruit, then leaves, then branches, then trunk, and then root! It takes time about 2 hours.
This is Burberry Brit!

Oh, bottle is very stylish, I like it.

فرض کنین یه درخت لیمو یا پرتقال یا نارنگی یا گریپ فروت یا یه همچین چیزی دارید و شروع میکنید به خوردن میوه هاش (با پوست البته) بعدش برگهاش، بعدش شاخه هاش، بعدش تنه اش، بعدش ریشه اش ...
اونوقت شما احتمالاً بوی این ادکلن رو میدین

در کل چیز خیلی جالبی نیست
دوام و پخش بوی زیادی هم نداره

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very good fragrance. Can be cloying when first applied so go light on the sprays. Very powdery with light citrus. Good sillage and it last 6 to 9 hours on my skin. 9/10

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Burberry Brit for men is a sweet powdery fragrance you need to try before you buy.

Sillage is strong but longevity is not as strong on my skin. It is a very unique juice with outstanding musk blend.

IMHO, Girls love sweet fragrance as they find it sexy and charming.

All in all. 8/10 for me. Be warned on a strong powdery tone of this fragrance. Thank you for reading :)

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

My first thoughts were that Burberry Brit smells like a lady's cosmetic bag, very powdery. But I really have gotten to like this fragrance, I particularly like the dry-down of this scent and the longevity. It's a great fragrance to wear in the cooler months e.g Autumn and Winter in the evening out with your favourite girl.

Chris2448
Chris2448

after wearing it for a week, it started giving me BAD headaches.

Brando
Brando

It amazes me how many people like this. I bought this blind and was totally disappointed. It smells like an 80 year old man. It has a soapy scent. Gross.

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

Im going nto have to test this one again...well updated!!!!!

I tired this one and it's not long lasting...sadly I love it...I wish it was pure crap, so i could just toss, but i will wear this last bottle grace and dignity....mmmmmmok?lol

e9rul7
e9rul7

soooo masculine and extremely sexy!

andy

definately a scent cloud that one MUST get used to i definately detect LOTS of lavendar but its well done, a nice rich woodsy scent that i rank with le male, varvatos, Gucci II, hermes IMO

it definately dries down VERY well and i get comparisons to armani code, this is TOTALLY diffrent and the most unique scent on the market and the BESt OF THE BURBERRYS AFTER ALL IT WON FRAGRANCE OF THE YEAR AWARD

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

It took me like seven trips to the perfume shops to finally buy this. The Burberry line has been my most difficult line of fragrances to grow a liking to. I just found woodsy etc. fragrances to be odd until recently once I started getting into the sweeter, more profound scents.

Brit changes every time I smell it. I don't know if that's just the great chemistry they put into it or if it's just me and what mood I'm in. The nutmeg was very dominate to me in Brit and that's what turned me off about it.
Recently I've been smelling more of the ginger, rosemary, and woods, which I like. It's like a creamy fresh that puts me in the setting of a private European school. Something different to my collection.

The longevity is pretty standard on this one, at least it seems like it. I stopped smelling it after about 5 hours. The dry down wasn't a big difference from the initial spray either, which I also liked.

Brit is my favorite of the Burberry line considering I try to stay away from tobacco, nutmeg and leather notes as much as possible. Actually wearing it on my skin changed my opinion about it. I'm very happy about my purchase.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I like this. Vanilla-dusted wood, roses a hint of nutmeg....
I can see people describe this as feminine, because of the associations people make with smells like vanilla.
However, I see this as masculine-a scent for a nice sweet guy. I have a friend who wears this, and it suits him well. At some point I even smell the patchouli on him. It is faint enough, and well-balanced enough (by a rosy cedar animal!) that I actually like it here! Nevertheless, I hate patchouli, and wouldn't wear this myself. Burberry Brit makes a nice his/her perfume choice. Bravo!

Update: I danced with my friend who wears this again last night, and I had to change my rating to "love it"....How nice to dance with someone who smells good after dancing with guys who abuse the common aquatic scents, and (even worse) Axe.
When I choose a cologne for my bf, I would want something slightly woodier, maybe spicier, and maybe not so sweet... But this is an excellent choice, especially for a clean-shaven gentleman...

andy

i smelled this and got blown away its the best burberry scent by far and way close to the top its one of the FEW scents that has universal appeal

although this is a sweet scent its so well done and great smelling that it all balances out.

the_good_life
the_good_life

I consider this one of the best designer scents of the post-Cool-Water era, really standing out from the sea of acquatic boredom and in-your-face artificiality. Burberry Brit has a very clear agenda and fulfills it brilliantly: to build a bridge between the classic British fragrance tradition and an appealing contemporary image, which is of course precisely what the Burberry brand is aiming at fashion-wise. What we get, then, is the citrus top and powdery rose-based florals reminiscent of Floris No. 89 and many other classics, with some modern oriental spice - ginger, nutmeg, cardamom - and a tonka sweetness imaginable only after the "sweetness fo men revolution" of the 1990s that gave us Le Male (1999), Pi (1999) or Jaipur (1997). What Anton Maisondieu has masterfully achieved is to seamlessly blend these concepts into a harmonious composition, in which all the parts balance each other out wonderfully. Admittedly, men who generally do not enjoy powdery sweet florals will not be enchanted by Burberry Brit, though this is a far more accessible and better constructed fragrance than the ones mentioned above - of which I personally only find Jaipur wearable, though much less interesting than Brit. Brit is a comfortable scent with a rich lineage, presenting itself in modern garb, yet avoiding the synthetic shrillness of so many of its contemporaries. An aristocat with the refined breeding of his ancestors, yet not beyond working for a living, and perfectly comfortable in the popular culture of the 21st century.

andy

very nice one, havent smelled in a long time but it is memorable and probably the best burberry scent

spiral279
spiral279

lovely scent. i used it with my partner and we absolutely loved it

gucci
gucci

this cologne is very soft but still manlyish at the same time it's very sexy and sophisticated

cimbal_ess
cimbal_ess

Wore this through most of high school, and it still gets me. The tonka bean really fires up the ginger and nutmeg which to me is what really makes this perfume prominent- plus in any weather you can smell it on yourself and it just makes ya smile, its hot!

heotietkiem
heotietkiem

I love this scent. Its smell like Armani Attitude but something smoothly and just tiny bit-feminine. I think that a good choice for men looking something powder, unisex, unique masculine...

Look like Burberry Fragrance,it has a long lasting power.

Eros
Eros

It smells like mix of little of Burberry "MEN" and little of Chanel "Allure pour homme". First is good - because "little of", second is not good, because is only hidden imitation. This combination is *not always* natural.
But anyway it is NOT MUSKY - that is good.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A fresh oriental woody fragrance for the modern man who still wants to remain classic.

zino
zino

love this fragrance,but I disagree its feminine,to me Brit is very manly scent.Reminds me of fresh newsprint too

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

I love the madarin and ginger notes at first, then the wild rose scent comes to play. After awhile, the cedar notes with the wild rose is what I smell through out the day. Plus I like the bottle.

zoka
zoka

Maybe because of cedar in components reminds you on newsprint... I had association of woody pencil and school... probably because of woody components.

2007
promoscanner
promoscanner

Decent scent. Starts off with a hint of citrus, but then moves to a more woody note. It reminds me of fresh newsprint.

2007

Burberry Brit for Men by Burberry 3.87 out of 5 based on 1287 ratings and 183 user reviews

Eau De Toilette 1oz
Burberry Brit for Men Set 138 Value
Burberry Brit for Men Set 138 Value
Burberry Brit for Men Set 138 Value One Size
Burberry Brit for Men Set 138 Value One Size

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Burberry Brit for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Burberry Brit for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Burberry Brit for Men by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Burberry Brit for Men by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.