Designers » B » Woody Spicy « Groups

Burberry London for Men Special Edition 2009 Burberry for men

Burberry London for Men Special Edition 2009 Burberry for men
dislike

Burberry London for Men Special Edition 2009 Burberry for men Pictures

The house of Burberry is announcing a new fragrant pair, holiday edition of Burberry London for men and women. These limited versions are scheduled to hit the shelves in October 2009. Aromas of perfumes are changed in comparison with previous editions.

Special edition of Burberry London for Men 2009 is a creation by Antoine Maisondieu. The perfume starts its woody-spicy composition with fruity notes of lemon, green pineapple and currant. Middle notes of lavender are fresh and aquatic, while a base is intensive and made of wood and amber.

Flacons of the perfume pair are similar to versions from 2008. They have typical rectangular shape and checked pattern on the flacons and on outer carton. The masculine version is coloured in dark grey. Both are very simple and elegant, ideal for upcoming holidays.

Eau de Toilette for Men arrives in amount of 100 ml.

Amalfi Lemon Black Currant Pineapple

Lavender Water Notes

Woodsy Notes Amber

Burberry London Special Edition for Men

Burberry London for Men Special Edition 2009 Fragrance Reviews

dda
dda

I love the original London for Men, and are strongly considering blindbuying this beauty.

For any fragrancehead who had had this. How dominating is the pinapple note?

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

juicy couture / burbery london/versace bright crystal/roberto cavelli smell identical

dromidreza
dromidreza

بوی کاملا گرم و سنگین و شیک.خیلی بوی خوبی داره.ماندگاریش بد نیست و پخش بوی بدی نداره.

jesvox
jesvox

Burberry London for Men Special Edition 2009 reminded me of a warm & cozy holiday spirit, very spicy and amberish, tragically the bottle fell and broke and leaked everywhere.. loved the leather wrap around the bottle very classy, the cloth from the previous version is cool too, but yes i would purchase this again!
smells great with a scarf and coat during holiday season!

I find this sharper (damn pineapple) and more spicy than the previous edition. If I rememver it correctly, 2008 edition is sweeter too. I don't mind this version tho, but it's just a big too strong overall; making it seem mature. Great for cold season wear.

gn2244712
gn2244712

This is my number one complemented fragrance.
I even bought a spare bottle
It would be perfect if the longevity is longer

DC-8
DC-8

2009 edition stands to be almost a ditto of 2008. About 90% similar, while the 2008 is more spicy sour woody, the latter is slightly sweeter warmer and more amber drydown with a bit of powdery touch and considerably shorter lasting power. Despite the descriptions here, the top and heart notes have no affiliation with mentioned fruits or lavender, IMO.

All phases go just like 2008 edition, while the general smell is slightly sweeter because of [more] amber, that's about it.

Since there was no testers around, I bought it without a try and not really satisfied now. There's nothing remarkable or new in this edition. Save your money for something better if you already have/had the previous edition.

All said, it's a very cute, romantic and classy frag but has got nothing special comparing 2008, while the longevity is even less and this is the seriously negative part of it.

I would give it 5 of 10, just because of the longevity issue, otherwise the smell itself would reach up to a considerably higher score. :-(

ctran019
ctran019

I just got back from sampling London special edition 2009 black/grey leather. Sprayed on at 2:10pm and at 4:20 pm it is at drydown

It has a little LESS longevity then the original london (30min-1hrs) and should have a bit LESS projection due to the fruity notes, on my skin truely last 3-4 hours and I have average skin.

The scent is borderline Boss Bottled + Original burberry london. Think Boss bottled's Apple/Cinnamon/Spice + everything in london minus the Tobacco mixed together and that should be what you get. I must say it's a bit more unique than boss bottled, but theres no reason to get the special edition if you have either of the mentioned bottles since. Boss gives me a solid 6-7 hours so theres less of a reason to get the special edition.

Conclusion: Pass, will get after I finish my 3.4 oz boss bottled.

guest_neo
guest_neo

Ugh, I bought this at Ross for $30 thinking it was the same as the normal Burberry London that I love, but it turns out to be entirely different. It's not a terrible scent, but it's very different.

I wouldn't call it milder because that insinuates that it is very similar, which it's not. It's less sweet-fruity, and more spicy.

Kenzoboy
Kenzoboy

I finally found a fragrance that set itself apart. This is unbelievably refreshing and I love it so much. This is milder and a lot better than the classic version. :)

Burberry London for Men Special Edition 2009 by Burberry 4.61 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Burberry London for Men Special Edition 2009 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Burberry London for Men Special Edition 2009, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Burberry London for Men Special Edition 2009 by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Burberry London for Men Special Edition 2009 by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.