Designers » B » Floral « Groups

Burberry London for Women Special Edition 2009 Burberry for women

Burberry London for Women Special Edition 2009 Burberry for women
dislike

Burberry London for Women Special Edition 2009 Burberry for women Pictures

The house of Burberry is announcing a new fragrant pair, holiday edition of Burberry London for men and women. These limited versions are scheduled to hit the shelves in October 2009. Aromas of perfumes are changed in comparison with previous editions.

Burberry London for Women Special Edition 2009 was created by famous Dominique Ropion. The fragrance opens its floral composition with citrusy notes of mandarin and grapefruit, along with pink pepper. A heart of the fragrance blossoms with floral petals of English roses, lily of the valley and cyclamen. Base notes are gentle and woody, composed of precious wood and musk.

Flacons of the perfume pair are similar to versions from 2008. They have typical rectangular shape and checked pattern on the flacons and on outer carton. The edition for women is now coloured in glittering pale pink. Both are very simple and elegant, ideal for upcoming holidays.

Eau de Parfum for Women can be purchased as 100ml.

Grapefruit Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper

Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Cyclamen

Woodsy Notes Musk

Burberry London for Women Special Edition 2009 Fragrance Reviews

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I hate leaving these reviews for fear that this is someone's signature scent but wow talk about potent this is one silage monster. I found it very harsh unfortunately and it really put me off. I can't really describe it other then extremely strong and off putting. I might have to put it up there as one of the worst I have smelled to date. Sorry Fragrantica's if this is your signature scent no offense but on me wowza - this one was a epic fail!

Kakibot
Kakibot

Bought it instead of my traditional London - by mistake. I was a bit disappointed at first, but it's actually fresher, lighter than London, and it was quite nice to make a slight shift in that direction for summer. It's good for daily wear! I plan to go back to London after I am finished with this one though.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

Mistakenly bought this thinking I was getting one for men.And I mean a HUGE mistake.I am not into strong screaming perfumes and that is what this is all about.

It has that unpleasant note-not sure which one but I guess it must be the cyclamen-which as has been noted by Elenian below gives you a headache all day long.

One spray of this is almost too much and it just doesnt mellow.it goes on forever in intensity for hours on end.If you are not into heavy florals then this is not for you.dont even bother.

Can clearly see this is for women and out of respect I will urge my fellow gender bending guys not to stray here.Only women who are addicted to perfumes with strong floral notes will love this.I was hoping to enjoy this as much as I love the mens version but no,it just didnt work out.

For me the experiment ended after some hours as I couldn't see any development and happily washed off to ease the headaches and get my senses back.

Biancaneve
Biancaneve

I adore this perfume!!! It is so fresh and it lasts for hours!It does not remind me ofany other fragrance at all.

elenian
elenian

I had an awful headache all day long and i've been wondering why? After 3-4 days i realized this perfume made me so dizzy! I gave it to my mother! Never never again.

sky76sky
sky76sky

A classic, modern, soft metallic rose. Very similar to the other London special edition.

London SE begins with a soft, dry citrus-peel opening that breathes life into a lake of fragile frozen roses. Cold, clear roses, delicate lily of the valley dusted with the light fruitiness of pink pepper & warmed by clean musks & bleached woods.

This is not a high white floral, nor a stripping citrus. It is far removed from deep woodsy scents - certainly not loud, dark or brash. London SE is very modern - a calm, collected yet distinct & noticable scent where all the notes are held away from you at arm's length so they hover hazily on the skin.

The base notes are soft & gentle, with clean, musky, light woods....but it is as if all these creamy cold scents are made from precious metals & set in a platinum clasp.

This is a scent to match a virginal bride, a snow queen, a flautist in an orchestra, a languages student, a young woman with a keen mind who likes to retain an air of mystery & distance.

I see two women talking in the cool shade of a large english garden. In looks they resembled Liv Tyler & Cate Blanchett. They speak in a whisper & smile slowly & with understanding. I feel at ease, yet out of place & time seems to have stopped, become frozen.

London SE is a reserved, refined pale-skinned beauty with perfect bone-structure & rose-bud lips. She wears glasses, reads the great classics as if they were comics, writes poetry in fountain pen, listens rather than gossips, feels rather than acts & has a look that sees straight through you to your soul.

This fragrance is remarkable but I find it terribly difficult to wear (it is similar in feel to Chanel No5 Eau Premiere). I crave warm, robust scents & lively rose fragrances. London SE's "stillness" scares me.

Burberry London for Women Special Edition 2009 by Burberry 3.28 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Burberry London for Women Special Edition 2009 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Burberry London for Women Special Edition 2009, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Burberry London for Women Special Edition 2009 by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Burberry London for Women Special Edition 2009 by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.