Designers » B » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Burberry Men Burberry for men

Burberry Men Burberry for men
dislike

I have it: 615 I had it: 307 I want it: 157 My signature: 12

Burberry Men Burberry for men Pictures Burberry Men Burberry for men Pictures Burberry Men Burberry for men Pictures Burberry Men Burberry for men Pictures

Burberry Men by Burberry is a woody aromatic fragrance for men. Burberry Men was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Creations Aromatiques. Middle notes are sandalwood, jasmine and cedar; base notes are musk and vanilla.

Bergamot Lavender Mint Thyme

Sandalwood Jasmine Cedar Oakmoss Geranium

Musk Vanilla Amber

Burberry Men Fragrance Reviews

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Spicy, sexy soap. Intoxicating. An apple accord almost peeks through the lavender-spice woolen scarf that warms this authentic, seductive manbrew. It smells like the color of the box. A modern successor of Habit Rouge.

zkxnyi278
zkxnyi278

i like this stuff a lot but (not a bad but) it reminds me a ton of curve for men, it smells just the same just not as like 'airy' (maybe the word is ozonic? i dunno) like curve left his teens and became burberry for men, its really nice stuff though

silentman26
silentman26

Exciting, sophisticated, luxurious ... starts fresh with bergamot, lavender, geranium and a hint of mint mixed with thyme ... then becomes warm, sensual and slightly sweet with cedar and sandalwood ... joined by amber, musk and vanilla. A classic fragrance, with great projection ... high quality, well blended ... amazing scent!

Nick1992
Nick1992

Burberry Men is a mature, masculine and subtle fragrance that I can’t help but find bland.

Men opens immediately with the fruitiness of bergamont, violet leaf, mint, lavender and thyme. Strong cedar and a dark tobacco are clear in the early fade which mellows with a dry sweetness. Eventually the dry down reveals smooth amber and musk notes, possibly vanilla also, that pair well with the wood as it softens. I don’t get fougere at all from Men.

Although pleasant this isn't an exciting fragrance. Very mass market.

Longevity and sillage are good-excellent.

5.5/10

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

Nice stuff. I'm actually even considering it asmy signature scent. I have a 1 oz bottle of it and have decided to get the 3.4 oz.
it actually reminds me of dior Homme once you get past the opening. I say that because it's got a very similar elegance. I think that if you're the kind of guy who is too manly for Dior Homme, you should give this one a shot. It's easier to wear.
It opens with some citrus and some woods while a sweetness smooths it all out. Then the citruses calm down and they take a back seat while the woods and Amber take over. It's kinda manly but in a gentlemanly way if that makes sense. I like this one.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Been wearing this for over 5 years now. Strong cedar/amber drydown. Very masculine and good for nights and days. A bit of spices help to balance it out and I also get a honey accord which a previous reviewer mentioned. Performance is solid with about 5 or 6 hours of longevity and 4 hours of silage. A nice economy woody scent that can be used for daily wear.

Ewanmacteagle
Ewanmacteagle

Classic, elegant, sophisticated, understated. This one always amazes me with how many compliments it gets when I wear it. A deep, fresh cedar, creamy sandlewood with undertones of mint and lavender. The musk gives it a wonderful airy feel while the vanilla and amber give it a soft warm pillow that takes the edge off of some of the sharper top and heart notes without negating them. It may not have the dynamic 'wow factor' that many newer fragrances have, but it is a perfect everyday or classy signature scent, tried and true.

ShaverX
ShaverX

I am so impressed with this fragrance. I can't believe it's been out since the year after I graduated and I've never once sampled it until recently.

After a recent purchase of Vera Wang for Him which I totally love but find it evaporates into nothing within 2 hours I set of to find something similar but stronger, longer and more well rounded. Well this is it. It's so warm and boozy yet sporty at the same time. It's office, wedding, rainy day, sunny day. It is classy as all hell. I think I could wear this every day and be happy. My wife loves it too and she doesn't generally say much since she knows I buy a new fragrance every week. But yesterday she ran into my den just to figure out which one this was. She was impressed. I was impressed. This is an underrated classic. Amazing Amazing Amazing. A+

JFrags
JFrags

smells like one of those magazine scents.

on the safe side, unoffensive.
please do not overapply

phillip.jones.71868
phillip.jones.71868

Bought blind and after testing I rather like this. Vanilla, musk, jasmine, sandalwood and cedar...all my favorites in one place. Absolutely does remind me of my times in England. It reminds me of damp (in a good way) and comfortable. Fresh yet woody. Masculine but not overly so. Well balanced and beautifully crafted.

Madholm
Madholm

It's been a while since I've worn this so I won't try to remember all the notes. Suffice to say I liked it at the time, but I certainly didn't repurchase the scent. I did pick up a small bottle of Brit instead which will probably end up with the same fate. All of my Burberry has been blind buys or impulse buys. While not disappointing they also haven't been big hits for me.

jiujitsuhero
jiujitsuhero

I remember getting this fragrance in the 9th grade as a gift. My first time i used it, i put too much and pretty much choked out alot of people. they did not like it. Until i went back the next day with more control on the trigger. 2 sprays, neck and one down the middle of my body. I was getting compliments like crazy. This fragrance is still in my collection and will continue to be till i die.

lovetoshopmum
lovetoshopmum

Bought this for my husband for his 43rd birthday. I fell in love with it when I tried it in the pharmacy. I bought him the new lacoste sport one but had to go back and buy this one also (which was reduced to 20 euro for 30ml. I love it so much that I've been wearing it myself. Believe me men this is what women want to smell on a man, not any of those new fragrances that are too feminine. If you are single you wont be for long after wearing this. Enjoy x

jimmyo1
jimmyo1

I made a purchase of this for daily office wear, and what a good choice.
A fine classy woodsy scent with a slight citrusy background.
Great for that revitalising feeling when going to work in the morning with a warm glow about you!

great price and subtle aromas make this a winner.

Well done Burberry

adamantyr
adamantyr

The image on this fragrance is wrong, it is NOT Burberry London... similar but not the same. This is now showing up frequently at discount stores such as Ross and Marshalls.

My girlfriend and I saw this one and were interested because she had just tried Burberry Brit which was a marvelous scent on her and we wanted to find something for me as well. Fortunately there was an Ulta right next door with a tester, so we did a spray test.

At first, it had a good warm spicy scent that was not unpleasing... but as we walked through the store, the drydown quickly lost the spiciness and became a strange grassy herbal smell... very reminisent of oregano. My girlfriend remarked that I smelled like italian food!

It may smell and dry down differently on someone else's skin, but I'd advise finding a tester first and trying it out before putting money down on it. A real disappointment, given how good the rest of the Burberry line is.

mufasa
mufasa

This fragrance smells awesome! Reminds me of James Bond as a matter of fact. It just smells so high class and sophisticated. It's a very formal scent but in a really gooood way. I'm going to buy this perfume again soon, this and perry ellis m are my two favorite fragrances. Everyone should try this gem, I see it in Ross for $20 American for a 1 oz. I have no idea why this is not as liked or as popular as burberry London

vikasbahar
vikasbahar

Just got my second bottle, don't know how I resisted so long to get this awesome perfume..

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Elimde bir şişesine sahip olmadığım halde hakkında fikir beyan ettiğim tek ve dilerim ki son parfüm bu olacak. Koku kötü değil, hatta güzel bile diyebilirim. Ancak Allah aşkına Türkiye'den bu mesajı okuyup da bu parfümü kullananlar kullanmaktan vazgeçsin. Çünkü ben evimden işime yürüyerek gittiğim 11 dakika boyunca her gün farklı 2-3 erkekte bu kokuyu duymaktan bıktım. Koku incelemesinden vazgeçtim de kokunun kendinden tiksindim artık. Lütfen biraz farkınız olsun. Herkes kullanıyor diye parfüm kullanılmaz. Bir gün rastgele birinin üzerine kusacağım bu gidişle. Dediğim gibi koku kötü değil. Fakat pişti olmayı hiç mi önemsemiyor bu erkekler? Kusura bakmayın ama parfümü her ne niyetle kullanıyorsanız en azından toplum içinde bu kokuyu kullanmayın. Yeter artık !

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

CologneCollector26
CologneCollector26

This Cologne is one of the cleanest and freshest colognes ever.This is not for people with heavy body odors.Women love this cologne when they smell it on me.You can wear it all year round.I believe most of the people who have a problem with this Burberry are either heavy sweaters or like over powering suck the oxygen out the room colognes.This is a winner!!!!Classic cologne that every man should have in his collection!

Aardwolf
Aardwolf

Based on the reviews I thought it would be a safe present for my grumpy dad. Alas... although my mum and me sniffed him and found it to be a very pleasant scent, he commented: "it smells like a pig".

This is for the one in 30s,40s,50s
Definitely do not recommend to the one in their 20s

SucceeD87
SucceeD87

It is strong, fresh.

Cassiano
Cassiano

One of the most “correct” in the world of aromatic fragrances, in my humble opinion, this cologne is a masterpiece that combines freshness with quality and elegance.

Burberry for Men (known initially as London) results in unanimous compliments by those who know it. Opening with notes of bergamot, lavender and mint, combined with the spicy and slightly leathery aroma of thyme, the fragrance produces a cooling effect that, immediately, shows itself woody and thicker for its heart notes of cedar, sandalwood, oakmoss, geranium and the lovely jasmine. Finally, as if in a moment of intense contrasts, the fragrance brings musk and the creaminess of amber and vanilla, which I love in colognes.

It fits perfectly with professional environments, nocturnal events of various types, social or a little bit more sportive clothing and, of course, heat. Has a lot of versatility, although it wouldn't be my first suggestion on colder days.
It's elegant, projects and lasts very well and doesn’t give chance for mistakes.

Okay...this came out in 95 and was by no means a classic manly scent nor was it a bland aquatic juice of the era Burberry for men is something else entirely and not in a positive way.
Something about this fragrance is dated...maybe it's the date? ;)
Inoffensive in every way and the notes on paper make for a nice sounding juice but for me doesn't get the most out of any of its component parts...it's just bland, very beige and frankly lame!
Not bad just nothing to make it stand out..not for me.

I have an old bottle of this one along with a newer one, but I obtained the newer one first. That was well over a year ago and I didn't like it (a bit too "chemical" for me). I finally decided to give the older bottle a chance and this one does seem more natural. I would do a side by side comparison except that I'm just not a fan of this sort of idea, but perhaps one day I'll get around to doing it, and I'll then update this post.

At first, it has a kind of nondescript fruitiness to it, but the wood is also present and strong early on, so it's almost like a single accord. There is no detectable fougere accord here so I have no idea why some people are calling this a fougere. Anyway, over time the fruitiness subsides a bit and it becomes a touch powdery. The wood stays strong but has a kind of soft edge to it, thankfully. It never becomes sweet and I get only a tiny hint of vanilla, so this isn't "romantic" (it's also somewhat dry). It doesn't easily fit into any category, other than perhaps "casual," that is if you like obvious wood notes. As you might expect, there is limited dynamism, but it's not a "blob" and is pleasant if not exciting in any way. The major problem for me is that if I want woody/vanillic, I'd reach for a couple others before this one, and if I want strong wood notes, I'd reach for vintage Red for Men and some others instead.

alex.david.renteria
alex.david.renteria

Have had two bottles of this so far, and finally got tired of it. It's nice, classy, goes great with a nice burberry raincoat and scarf, but not in a creepy flasher type of way. It makes me think of London, and cold gray days, being close to that special someone. I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars just because I used it so much in the past that I got tired of it.

ahmadmohee
ahmadmohee

very nice for a date, or closed contact! gentle and masculine.

gfelton505
gfelton505

Sweet fruity and floral opener, that quickly settles in to a woodsy, mossy, and mild spice scent. Not super long lasting but the bottom notes reawaken with physical activity/a little sweat. Casual without going in the ultra citrus/minty direction of so many "sport" concoctions. Works for all seasons, day or night. A staple that I wear often, when I'm not wearing "London" that is very much a cold season scent, or something hoarded from the 80s.

petrus
petrus

Noisette anglaise.

Senteur 8.5/10 C'est un praliné relativement bien fait - car pour moi, ce type de parfum sent la noisette. D'après moi, dans le genre, Méchant Loup de l'Artisan Parfumeur lui est supérieur et surtout, évidemment, Pour l'Homme de Cacharel. Portable par une après-midi d'automne pluvieuse, autour de 10 degrés, en ville comme à la campagne. Plutôt pénible en d'autres circonstances, surtout par temps chauds. Je le porte actuellement, il fait 18 degrés et il pleut légèrement (crachin breton ou anglais), et c'est une merveille dans ces circonstances, ce qui lui fait gagner 1.5 point depuis ma dernière évaluation.

Projection 2/2. Pas de problème, il se diffuse et se diffuse encore en accord avec sa composition (sans saturer tout autour de lui).

Longévité 2/2 Relativement tenace.

Masculinité 1/2 L'homme représenté ici est un peu aseptisé, peu sexué, un peu ennuyeux... Trop sage au final ?

Evolution 2/4 Je le trouve moins fin au fil du temps et je trouve qu'il "tourne" un peu au bout de quelques heures, à moins qu'il ne finisse pas écoeurer son hôte ou qu'il convienne de ne l'appliquer que sur vêtements (ce qui est quelque chose que je fais depuis peu). C'est clairement un parfum "notes de coeur" d'après moi, ce qui l'empêche d'être un grand parfum.

TOTAL 15.5/20
(Dernière mise à jour 26 septembre 2013)

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

After several years later, I purchased my second bottle. When I sprayed it on my skin, the opening notes of mint and lavender comes through.It's a bit strong at first but it settles well after 15min.
The main notes of sandalwood, cedar, oakmoss comes off being a well balanced scent of woodsy aroma that lasts for several hours. The base notes of vanilla, musk and amber elevate this frag to a warm/spicy aromatic scent that could be worn during the day or night and not be offensive.

Longevity, on my skin I found that it last between 5-8hrs...very good.
Sillage, I found that it isn't heavy at all, just moderate at best.

Personal note,
I enjoy Burberry frag's, I have 3 other fragrance which I alternate wearing throughout the year.
If a lot of women like this frag it makes it a more desirable fragrance. It has a unique and attractive aroma when you wear it. I dare you to try it....see for yourself how many comments you get !!!!
I have received so many complement's at work and from my friends who want to know what I'm wearing.
This frag has surpassed my expectation and that's why I bought a second bottle...10/10. Excellent from early spring through to late fall. You can't ask for more charming frag which goes on well and I also agree with many other who say that this is a CLASSIC !!!!!!!!
Bravo Burberry...

cyber.raga
cyber.raga

Just okay. Nothing special about it. Very ordinary.

word-doctor
word-doctor

Found it for $20. The opening is kind of a messy citrus that steps over the line into harsh/acerbic. Within 20 minutes it calms down, though, and is a pretty good mix of sandalwood and spice. Just for fun I put Guerlain's Heritage on one wrist and Burberry on the other, because (I think) there's a superficial resemblance in the drydown. No comparison, though; Heritage is a masterpiece and B is average in every sense of the word, albeit pleasant and masculine (there's that).

Sillage: 4/10

Edit: After further review, this is better than I initially reviewed. Excellent drydown, slightly above average sillage and excellent longevity. Works well on clothes (actually develops a bit) or skin. A work appropriate masculine scent that works in high heat but is NOT flowery or weak.

Sillage: 6/10

Redbeard
Redbeard

Burberry Classic, as some places seem to call it, is a semi-sweet herbal scent with a little mint. This, if anything, is the sun rising over the dutifully-cultivated British herb garden in spring, toward afternoon basenotes of golden sunshine. It opens early in the morning with a sharp bracing blast of extra bergamot, which gives way to a little cilantro, though much less than in Live Jazz. It lacks the sharpness of Villoresi Uomo or the anise of Tuscany. A little orange peel makes the sun come out in the midnotes, and the smell of the grass also starts to exude itself over the base into the afternoon. I've contemplated this stuff being annoying in the base simply because it persists so well, but I think that would only be a problem if you oversprayed. Because of its very natural feel, Burberry Classic accomplishes the same sweet citrus and herb objective as Dolce and Gabbana, without becoming plasticky. I might fault the base for being too simplistic, and lacking the rich, expensive feel of AdP Intensa, but that would be a little unfair. So happy thumbs up.

jht4060
jht4060

Burberry Burberry for Men grew on me with time - it now feels like an old friend who also happens to have gotten rich and famous since we were kids together. The first several times I wore it, I thought of BFM (it seemed best to include the F in the acronym) as a nice refined wood with a strong bergamot top note. I am not sure why, but over time my appreciation for it grew; in addition to those notes, I now look forward to that mint zing and the tiniest touch of sharp thyme in the top, a ghost of jasmine and plenty of ambery and spicy notes in the middle (smells like nutmeg not listed to me), and a perfectly balanced blend of classic men's woody base sweetened by a good dose of coumarin (Tonka).

I am not sure why this gets such mixed reviews here - it isn't offensive or weird and to me it is charming and elegant.

seanscented
seanscented

i realy like this scent citrus , a bit sweet , powdery and woody very pleasant ,IMO it was launched in 1995 but it isn't a classic smell.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A generic sort of woody/spicy scent that smells just fine on my skin for the first hour or two, but the scent molecule that persists on my cotton tee shirt is a mildly nasty lemony/clean scent that, for me, ruins its use.

Nothing unusual about this, no WOW factor. So not for me.

Panzzer
Panzzer

Seems popular out here but it's just TOO strong for my nose!! I left it at work to wear at the end of a heavy day, and then I'd shower when I reached home.

rajesh kar
rajesh kar

Fantastic one.The smell is best for me.

juan carlos.henriquez

esquisita lavanda fresca y clasica, mejor q eternity y xs, y muy a la par con herrera for men, lo tuve en una muestra de 10 ml, ahora tendria feliz mi botella de 100 ml, burberry realmente hace grandes fragancias.

WayneDN
WayneDN

I received this from my daughter for Christmas and use it for day wear. I really enjoy the scent. I do get asked what I am wearing when I do have it on.

vitilsky
vitilsky

It's a great fragrance, just not for me. Good review, innit. No but the reason might be the jasmine. Jasmine is the kind of flower that doesn't go with me. Still, a safe buy.

Ecko_rx
Ecko_rx

Smells like Chanel's Platinum Egoiste and Mont Blanc Legend. This is a great, highclass scent, very very sweet without it being sickly sweet, so go light on the trigger.

In fact i think i Love this more than Chanel Platinum Egoiste. The difference with this and MontBlanc's Legend is that Legend has that pineapple note at the heart. But i stil want to purchase MBLegend in the far future.

I see this being sold at a discounted price on Ross and Marshall's, $29.99 for the 1.7oz and $25 - $19.99 for 1oz. It's safe to assume that if you purchase this on a blind buy basis, you will not be disappointed, so yeah, this one's a safe blind buy.

By the way check out my youtube channel "ismellnice83"

Joeyvice
Joeyvice

Let me start by saying this cologne is good, and not just "good", it's GOOD. Burberry is heavy on the spice and has a very warm projection. I don't know what any of your experience's were, but when I owned this everywhere I went girls were commenting on I wore it to Bennigans' sometime in 2008 and the hostess was all over me, so was my waitress, and I swear to you on all that is holy I got laid that night. The girl that I hooked up with buried herself in my chest routinely saying "you smell incredible." So in my opinion, Burberry man is a magical fragrance that is really damn good.

asheble93
asheble93

Burberry by Burberry:

Back story:
My first scent I ever purchased; as such it holds a permanent place in my collection.

Scent:
Very minty and woody, with vanilla and amber giving it a certain smoothness. The opening floods the nose with mint and citrus, but still maintains it's distinctive wood note that makes this scent unmistakable. The heart is more floral, and I smell more geranium than anything.

Sillage/Longevity:
Sillage is about arms length; while longevity is about 5-6 hours.
(7.0/10)

Overall:
A very classic masculine scent that imposes modernity without losing its character. Appropriate for day wear. May be a bit heavy for work. I prefer wearing this on a cloudless day with wind that cuts right through you, and every time I go to my barber.

srininet1

Just realized that this fragrance is very similar to the classic "Marbert Man" which my uncle used to buy from Middle East. That had amazing sillage and longevity while this one tapers off quite soon and stays close to the skin

srininet1

Beautiful woody fragrance, but pity that it doesn't last as long on either my skin or my shirt. At the most it lasts 4 hours and then, its gone! In comparison, my other fragrance Ázzaro Chrome Legend lasts around 10-12 hoursboth on skin and shirt.

samatl74
samatl74

This is reminds me of a tarter version of Egoiste Platinum. To my nose they could be brothers. I enjoy this fragrance a lot. Something simple and classy about this with a timeless scent which I cannot ever see as ever becoming a "dated" scent. Not expensive at all and well worth the price.

Marcel
Marcel

Very classy. Woody, musky and minty. The only problem is I cannot wear it. It gives me a headache and I feel dizzy. Very strong, so don't apply too much.

nadzieja
nadzieja

I was looking for this scent a couple of years, since I smelled it on a friend from school. And it was so impressing, not only me, but I could also see other girls'around reaction. Great sillage, very sexy, sweet and strong. And still, after such a long time I find it soo gorgeous. The perfect male scent.

mersilover84
mersilover84

a little too fruity, but the drydown is VERY nice. super smooth. this works in an office setting or school as it's not offensive as long as you dont overdo it. i wouldn't really recommend this for a hot summer day.

max_chrome
max_chrome

This was given to me as a gift from an Aunt in the U.S. and I am from a tropical country. This is too strong for a humid weather, to much alcohol for a scent. If ever I go to cool weathered place it's more better and definitely has these mature corporate businessman's scent. projects a vibe of seriousness.

banks1124
banks1124

I judged this book by its cover for a long time. I knew London was great but assumed this was just old and smelled dated. I had smelled it on a tester strip and thought it wasn't bad but never picked it up. I tested it on my skin once and bought it at the next chance I got. People have complained about the harsh opening and I agree its harsh but I love it. Spicy but still clean with a SHARP citrus.
The fragrance to me blends several parts of other frags I love and still maintains its originality. Generally I don't like powdery scents. This is powdery without smelling like baby powder. Even though its not listed I get a bit of pepper too. This combination reminds me of Allure Edition Blanche. There's a sweetness here as well--a bit floral and to me is some version of YSL L'Homme. The bergamot is strong and blends well with the mint--its lively and unique. I've only been wearing it a day or two but I love it. To me this is a great office/daytime scent. I don't think it would do well in the club but an after work scotch in the fall... I'll be wearing this one for a while. If you're looking for an office scent this is a must try.

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

This fragrance varies for me. Sometimes I can wear it and it's strong and confident, other times it sits on my skin and smells like nothing but pure alcohol. I love the scent but I'd suggest testing it on your skin before a blind buy.

j-shades
j-shades

To me this smells like inner realm for men

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Had this Cologne it's real classic nice get the job done smells different than others Cologne out now if you looking to buying this you really can't go wrong with this one or you looking to be different pick this up the piece really done gone up since I have bought this had a believe had 3.4 or 4.2 28 dollars at wal mart back in 2006 I was a teen :--0

Mycroft
Mycroft

The best scent I have ever tried. This is my go-to when I want to melt her panties.

SilverFire
SilverFire

This is an ethereal scent on me. When applied, it smells like nothing but just some extremely light cologne. As the day goes on, wafts of various aromas spiral up around me – there’s something a little orangy, something else a bit warm and woody, something else high-end. Maybe I’m just anosmic to the scent on me, but it is something that women pick up on. Wearing it out and running errands, I got positive attention from nearly every woman I dealt with and respect from the guys. So yeah. It works, but I can’t say that it’s all that interesting as a scent. Heat brings it out a little more, but it’s mostly unsmellable – or maybe it’s just quite subtle and amps up the natural scent of my skin?

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A mature frag which projects well for 4 hours, is fierce, harsh and strong and affordable, but many may not like..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 4 hours - 1.25 inch projection. String frag, some 90's barber shop vibe with a harsh, sour fruity prominent twist. Ages 52 - 63

4 hours - 5 hours - 5 inch projection

5- 7 hours - 1 inch projection. More diluted and some sweetness pops in

7 - 9 hours. occasional projection

Try before you buy. Great strength to begin with

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

My husband wore this when we first met and still does. I've come to associate it with him but I really never loved this cologne. It is too sharp and synthetic smelling for me. I didn't know this one had been around so long. It does wear quite a while and the projection is good. Still not my favorite.

garett
garett

I used it during my great depression of break up with ex.It is a cocktail of flowers.Felt like i am forgetting my depression at that time , lol haha.
It seemed like the darkness of break up would turn to happiness again and my ex might get this smell on me of this burberry to the place where she lives and would come back to me , things like that , haha.

oK , TRULY it is like you are in some garden of flowers.It is different but also sweet.I wish it could have been less sweet though.Longevity is good too.But in the end , because now it would remind me of the bad times , so i wont buy it in a million years again cuz of bad memories stuck in its smell.Otherwise ppl , it is worth a try.Forget brit etc.

victoruvinsky
victoruvinsky

If You look deeper into this fragrance and smell decent amount of other ones, it will appear single dimensional, constructed from a low quality parts and it is noticeable before i even get the "scent story" it self. That does not makes me want to be a snob, just makes me sad. Plus it is very nineties, which could of being awesome, but combined with the poor execution makes it miles short of being iconic or even classic. It is not exiting in any way, not well done at all, how ever i will always have the bottle of Burberry's, Burberry London, Burberry Classic or Burberry for Men, rename it how ever. Sentimental value! You see how scent is indeed very personal matter.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I like this stuff for casual wear. It's more sophisticated than most casual scents but not anything different or special. It smells fresh and woody but not crisp and airy. Could be worn in all seasons and has decent projection and longevity (6-8 hours). I'd recommend it for a casual informal occassion.
Update: I thought a friend of mine was wearing Burberry and I asked him. He said he was wearing A&F Fierce. Smells are very similar.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

It smells like a stripped down Egoiste Platinum but with this funky honey note. An odd smell that makes me feel funny. :-I

fihanson
fihanson

at long last i got a perfume that smells like A&F fierce. i was so fascinated after wearing it for the first time and never looked back.
my land lady called my wife and asked her what perfume did i wear to work today when i wore it for the first time.
if i had to change perfume again, then i think it will be A&F fierce.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Burberry for Men is one of the better woody-fresh fougeres of the 1990s. Its opening reminds me somewhat of Tom Ford for Men, minus the lemon leaf and ginger. There's the same minty violet leaf and bergamot, but with a touch of lavender. Eventually darker tobacco and cedar notes fade in, creating a pleasant (and very staid) heart accord of dry, sweet woods. This effect remains prominent for the duration of the scent's considerable life - I get a solid six hours out of it. The far drydown yields an amenable vanillic musk, very soft and surprisingly merciful on the sugar. This isn't the most exciting fragrance, but it smells very good and works perfectly in workplace settings. Gentlemen, try it before it disappears from store shelves forever . . .

scottiedoo
scottiedoo

I once put on two sprays, one on each side of my neck, and then 30 minutes later went to a burger place and the woman across the counter that was putting on the condiments could smell it and liked it, even though she was standing near the grill. I guess that is excellent projection!

soned
soned

Elegant.....best description for this one. It's a woody/spice/sweet scent. That's it, no vanilla and no flowers on me. I own 4 fragrances that I consider really elegant, this one, Baldessarini, Chanel Platinum Egoiste and Vera Wang for men.

jordan65
jordan65

A good fragance, but unfortunatelly lasts no longer on my skin.

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

For me, mint notes are always present. It's a classical scent, more formal than informal. Maybe a litle bit synthetic. Very good longevity, average sillage. I bought it in Argentina and I think it is charming and classical as dancing tango.

kakda.lin
kakda.lin

I got this for Christmas and I think that this perfume is for like an older kind of men. Men who wear suit and tie. It's too strong for a teen to pull it off but I kinda like the powdery smell to it reminds of me of my dad.

juan carlos.henriquez

huele muy parecido a herrera for men, solo comparenlos,para mi huelen casi iguales, lo cual es bueno, me gusta mucho lo clasico q es.

ccasaresboix0
ccasaresboix0

I've just bought it for my boyfriend. I think it's such a sexy scent. So timeless! It can look a little too sophisticated at first but it's actually a great every day fragrance. And not very expensive. I think it's great for any age. It doesn't matter if you are 23 or 40. It's a very elegant and sexy at the same time scent. Very manly... I just love it. It turns me crazy. And BTW! It's also very similar to Jacques Bogart Silver Scent. Which is also a really great fragrance.

NYprospect
NYprospect

I have a terrible nose.i am wearing La nuit de l'homme and it made me think of this.I might be crazy.Like Ddj221 said,once a rapper mentions a cologne back away from it.I wore this in my early 20's.At first it was strong and to classy but the dry down was amazing.I still can smell it with out having it on.

bp
bp

I love this perfume.
It is very classic in the right direction.
The longevity and projection are excellent.
The female version of this perfume is also spectacular.
Conveys a sense of cleanliness to the wearer.
The olfactory notes of this building are among my would prefer.
All products of this brand have a tremendous quality.
I love everything from Burberry.
I recommend.

ROUSAK
ROUSAK

i can smells pencils in the dry down, the opening is nice.
Not my kind

daliflora
daliflora

Definitely elegant, probably the most outstanding in the Burberry collection for men. I'm not sure it works like a unisex fragrance, but surely I would wear it.

Up-date: I've purchased it as a Christmas present for my father, since the idea of wearing it myself seemed however a bit absurd.

highdef
highdef

classy refined elegant for someone who is gentlemanly, with nothing to prove, one who is not looking for a proud powerful aura type fragrance.

day time, not night

To me It has very formal to smart casual vibe, not for just lounging at home doing nada

Good for work, or when your dressed nicely and going out in the daytime

very fresh, I like the minty opening!

8.5/10,Class and elegance in a bottle! I would say 10 but there must be something classier,Ill leave room for that.

rainydays
rainydays

This fragrance has an excellent balance between masculine and sweet. On my boyfriend, it's very close to the skin, nothing loud at all. As others have stated, it's a very cozy fragrance, but not feminine by any means. It's woody on a base of warm vanilla, pretty linear, but sometimes less is more. Lasted all day! He put it on at about 8:00 AM and I could still smell it at 10:00 PM. Burberry Men is humble, but classy and very likeable.

perfumelover
perfumelover

I think Burberry Men olfactory notes match with Armani Pour Homme. I find it very soothing with citrus notes at the top with fresh scent.

Ddj221
Ddj221

I bought this fragrance when I was 16 in 1997, first scent I paid money for. No one in my school knew what it was and girls like it. I bought my second bottle in 2000 and made it halfway through the bottle before my world caved in. JaRule and Lil Bow Wow made Burberry popular and the scents became so widely worn that it had the Cool Water effect.

My history aside, this is a great musky/woody mature scent. It has decent projection but I think the best attribute is the dry down. I won't ever wear it again but we had fun while it lasted.

DragonflySparrow
DragonflySparrow

This is, by far, my favorite scent on a man as of now. I have yet to find a scent so subtle, so alluring as Burberry for Men. Never loud and never feminine, Burberry for Men is as cozy as it is sexy. It's a warm fragrance- it has this cinnamon/orange quality that I adore (although these notes are not actually listed, it's perfect mixture of notes creates this for me somehow). I'm gonna have to agree with Fragrance Fanatic that "this fragrance evokes a memory of drinking apple cider by a fire in the midst of middle to late fall". Well said! This is exactly the feeling I get too when I smell Burberry for Men.

It's reminiscent of what I'd imagine the hero in an adventure movie/novel would smell like. (Indiana Jones or Jason Bourne anyone? How about Rhett Buttler in "Gone With The Wind"? But I digress, haha.) The man who wears Burberry for Men is ruggedly handsome & sexy in a sophisticated sort of way. He never has to try too hard because he's already got what it takes. He's kind/gentle and sexy/alluring all at once. He's the kind of guy whom you want to marry and have your children with, but he's so passionate and strong that you long to be ravaged by him daily. (*Blush!*) I love this scent. By far, (so far) my favorite man smell. ^_^

P.S. Don't even bother with the other Burberry's like Brit or Touch, etc... to me, a female in her 20's, those ones smell too sweet, and are waaay to feminine... A total turn-off for me. And someone below mentioned that it is an "older" scent... um, NO! I think what the person was referring to was the fact that this fragrance is sophisticated, charming, sexy and decidedly masculine. If you wanna smell like a man, wear Burberry for Men. So yummy!

metolius
metolius

I bought it as my first perfume and I love it, at first I couln't stop smelling myself, only downside is it doesn't last for more than 3 to 4 hours

Piyush S
Piyush S

A very mature fragrance. Suits to someone who is of caring nature, a Gentleman of real terms!
The scent is very subtle, not loud at all. Someone who lives around trained noses will get nice compliments.

Its not gonna help you get laid - its far more classier than that.

If you wish to get compliments from the multitude - wear something mote Aquatic (D&G Light Blue, Davidoff's Cool Water, Azzaro's Chrome, et al). With this one, you get compliments only from the tender ones.

As already said, very non-offensive, safe fragrance. Wear when you don't wanna scream: "Look! Who is here?!"

aidydzahir
aidydzahir

Never saw the bottle before..so I had it tested on my skin..mind my nose..I don't really capture the scents..but I've been thinking that I had this mixture type of smells before..and that is the S.T Dupont Pour Homme Intense..

Anyway..have to agree..this type of smells I think suits office setting..really stand out..

twlahue
twlahue

i really tried to like this one. it is unique and definately masculine. it is almost right, but...something about it was not for me. It kind of has a pencil eraser smell in there somewhere.
my wife did not like it either, so, it's gone.

FragranceEnthusiast
FragranceEnthusiast

I love this fragrance, which I would say this is best for office usage. This would not get you noticed and stand out in a crowd at all, which this scent is rather pleasing to most people's noses. I would have to say this fragrance evokes a memory of drinking apple cider by a fire in the midst of middle to late fall.

Projection: 80%
Longetivy: 70%

What can I say, but it is not stellar, which I would call this my trusty cologne to not offend. I would most certainly get another bottle if and when I were to run dry.

RobbieX
RobbieX

This is well blended and has a lot of character. It is in the same olfactory family as CK Eternity and Paco XS in my opinion. A spicy, woody, potent scent will lots of projection. There is an antiseptic (TCP) note in there but it doesn't spoil it for me. It's very masculine. Staying power is top notch. A very classy and an excellent man's scent!

oshunshawo
oshunshawo

The minute I smelled this cologne I loved it...I thought I had found my signature scent.....a robust scent..... until the drydown...unfortunately, on my skin smells synthetic.....now I have to keep looking.

bayraktar
bayraktar

I tried and bought tester of this perfume for about 25$. However there are some missing information about notes, here is what writes on the back of my bottle

Top Notes:
Bergamot, Lavender, Thyme, Mint

Heart Notes:
Geranium, Sandalwood, Moss

Base Notes:
Amber, Tonka bean, Cedarwood

to my nose top thyme and mint notes are dominating the smell and it smells a lot like BenGay (medical cream of phizer)
and after the top notes dissappears(3 hours for thyme and mint on my skin) I almost cant smell anything else anymore.

It smells elegant, fresh (medical fresh)
Quality is not as good as a bvlgari, chanel or armani fragrance. Compared to them, burberry men smells synthetic.

In my opinion, this is a daily&office scent. You must not wear it in the evening. Could be great for a doctor, dentist or a pharmacist.

Miyavi
Miyavi

This is the cologne that my girlfriend liked most when I used it. She would hug me and never stop. I loved the scent as well. I bought the gift set that included body wash/shampoo, aftershave balm, and the big huge spray cologne bottle. I love it and so does my girlfriend.

tonni
tonni

Vanilla and cedar,one of my top ten men's scent,the drydown is so wonderful.

narcotic
narcotic

I kind of love wearing Burberry for men, even if I find myself waiting a while for it to kick in. This goes on soapy and strong at first; I'm really loving the sandalwood (but it's nice to smell it fade as well).

Within about 4-5 minutes, though, it gets transformed into a very pleasant musky, slightly salty vanilla smell that is a clear precursor to Dolce and Gabbana's decidedly bolder The One for men... it definitely meshes with my skin's chemistry.

Burberry isn't a NOTICE ME! perfume, like others here have stated. Prepare for the good stuff to sneak up on you.

costaleo
costaleo

Very well done, Burberry. It took me 15 years to finally meet this wonderful fragrance and I have to say that it's one of the best simple fragrances ever. It wins for its simplicity and charm, which are definately not easy things to put together in a scent. Some have tried to accomplish that very unsuccessfully. The woods and flowers mix in a very masculine way, giving the bearer an aura of elegance. Perfect for hot days, perfect for a romantic night out.

vin570
vin570

This is very similar to Chanel Egoiste Platinum, but Burberry Men smells a little less smoky.

Humphrey Bogart
Humphrey Bogart

I bought this when I was a freshman in high school; it's a classic

periquito89
periquito89

It made my secretary sneeze when I was next her and I blush. To my nose, Burberry Men, CH´s Herrera for Men and Paco Rabanne XS could be relatives; I really like Herrera for Men, I´m neutral about XS and I find Burberry sharp and burocratic. Herrera for Men is more elegant :-).

andy
andy

it has a nice classy feel to it and is semi sweet and very masculine without being overpowering

one thing about burberrys is that they tend to be more "reserved" with the exception of burberry touch and burberry brit, but they have a good moderate woodsy/spicy base with varying amounts of musk which makes them perfect for diffrent tastes and personalities

adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in
adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in

D part which makes this perfume elegant is its top notes!! jasmine and sandalwood mixes beautifully n creates d class!! I don't know bt i get smells of grapes too...do ny1 else have got this smell? It makes me almost intoxicated by d 1st spray!! While d drydown is quite ordinary, musky, good, bt nt gr8!! Longevity is quite average!!

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

wore this Senior year in high school,....STILL love it...

Andy Capobianco
Andy Capobianco

Got this as a gift and I liked it. nice sweet/woody fragrance for multiple occasions

orbicon
orbicon

I like Burberry. It's not flashy or obnoxious. It a a very simple woody, masculine scent, but doesn't smell cheap. The calming vanilla and musk lingers all day on my skin. This is a pleasant sweet scent and it probably won't get you noticed, but is great for wearing in subtle environments.

Eros
Eros

Classicus expensivus. Simple. "Clasic" means "o-de-cologne from 1970-X". If you 45+ and feel nostalgia, wear it and dont stay close to younger women - unless You want to be called "ancient".
This type of scent is no longer "elegant". I think modern cologne should be more complex and more fresh, has more freedom. I need freedom!

PuddleMonkey
PuddleMonkey

I never seem to get tired of this one.

elaida_00

i must admit when i smelled this perfume i had instantly tears in my eyes..i am far away from my boyfriend..but when i smeled this perfume..i felt like is perfect for him..perfect clasic masculine yet soft ; it`s strong at the begining,you might think too strong but as it settles down becomes soft, sweet like a man`s soul..i think it is an everlasting perfume, love it

ccr727
ccr727

this seems to be my favorite after sampling a few others this weekend.i have been using if for over 8 years. and the women never complain.

elaida_00

so..it is good or not?long lasting?i want to buy this one for my boyfriend..i`m counting on u guys..whiss me luck

fwyse
fwyse

My boyfriend wears this and has tried many other sample colognes, but I cannot get enough of this scent.

I always tell him he smells so good and he just rolls his eyes, because I say it everytime I see him.

elgab89
elgab89

This one is a dilemma. I love the woman counterpart and I believe this plays the same theme in a manly way. The question is: is it successful? Well, it does have a hard to beat longevity, it is pleasant enough (although the first note is not very remarkable), it ends kind of woody, kind of sweet - which I personally like - do I detect civet, also?
Bottom line: I bought it for my hubby years ago. Whenever I see it on sale I ask him: "Should I get it for you again?" His answer is always the same; "Nah!".
So, not bad, not exceptional either.

piotrek
piotrek

Classic woody fragrance for men, on my skin it starts fresh and citrus, than it is woody, and becomes a bit sweet. It is very last longing.

proly
proly

This is for me.I think that it is unisex

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

This one is a classic!
Very elegant scent that stays with you all day. No need to reapply.

LuckysGirl
LuckysGirl

It smells dreamy.

Burberry Men by Burberry 3.92 out of 5 based on 619 ratings and 112 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Burberry Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Burberry Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Burberry Men by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Burberry Men by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.