Designers » B » Floral Fruity « Groups

Burberry Summer Women 2009 Burberry for women

Burberry Summer Women 2009 Burberry for women
dislike

Burberry Summer Women is a limited edition for women, from 2009. It contains essences of a summer day in England, while providing fresh and luminous aromas characteristic of the house of Burberry. Perfumer is Mark Buxton. Top notes incorporate riesling (grape), red currant, mandarin and litchi, the heart adds freesia, jasmine, rose and cyclamen, while the base includes musk, white cedar and sandalwood.

Litchi Mandarin Orange Red Currant Grapes

Cyclamen Freesia Jasmine Rose

Sandalwood Musk Cedar

Burberry Summer

Burberry Summer Women 2009 Fragrance Reviews

tsgibbns
tsgibbns

I love this fragrance for the summer - it is light and fresh, just what I need living in a humid place. I get compliments on it. It's very modern, a floral but not toooo sweet, due to the heady base notes. The ultimate summer smell!

ScentedK
ScentedK

OMG this smelt terrible on me..thank God i didnt buy it...the best i like from burberry is Burberry Brit for women.

kelly_xatz
kelly_xatz

feel like lying in a field with mandarines!! a summer perfume. light and fresh! when october comes dont bother where it's been hidden.

smellynich
smellynich

this one is SWEET, fresh, and slightly crisp with a pinch of woodsy note.
For me this kinda smell like vera wang princess but with a bit of woody note.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

I'm with missk on this one. I was to get another bottle of the 2007 edition of Burberry Summer, but they sent me this instead. It was a surprise, but I wasn't disappointed.
It starts a lot fruitier than the older edition. Rarely can I tell prety much all the notes in a perfume but this was the case. A light burst of mandarine, followed by a fruity mix of red currant and grape (riesling as the olfactive piramid on the bottle says). The cassis, the grape and litchi blend really well giving the perfume this sour sweet berry smell that lingers on through the middle and base notes. Slowly the flowers show up and mellow the citrus and the fruits, while the cedar of the base blends with the musk to give it something of a greenish (mint/moss-like to me) nuance sometimes even from the start.I still have a few drops left of the other bottle and I can tell they share the same powdery, a bit green quality in the drydown wich I happen to enjoy.
The lasting power of the 2009 edition is better on me and hot weather gives its contribution to the delicate sillage. Actually it's one of the few frags that I can tolerate in the blistering heat (I think we got over 40C at noon!).What I've noticed with both fragrances is that when I can't smell them anymore, others still can. I've been wearing this for only two days and got complimented by friends and colleagues near me.It's very well done so it sits smoothly on the skin for hours. It's just what I need for summer: a light but still present and unique enough fragrance that I can enjoy every day without actually smelling like a chemical fruit syrup. Surprisingly, I got plenty of compliments on it, same thing with the 2007 edition (someone said it smells tempting - bergamote and freesia, go figure:D)

guest_roja
guest_roja

I love this perfume and my boyfriend does it too, he says that he never smelled something like this light, fresh and sexy, perfect for summer, and here we are 38°C maybe that´s why I like it
love burberry

Luciel
Luciel

I tested this on a paper, not on my body so that I cannot review it properly. But - this smells like sweat. The start was nothing special, some flat flowers, but after a while everything was gone and I could smell something inapropriate - sweat (maybe because of the musk)! My boyfriend has the same opinion.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Not for me. It smells kind of synthetic and cologne-like along the lines of CK 1 but not exactly. You cannot make out the notes except that it smells fresh and a bit fruity. It doesn't last at all on my skin. Any BBW product has better staying power for less money.

Puma
Puma

Burberry's fragrances don't work with me (with the exception of Brit Sheer which I love!). At the beginning it is so woody, then a little bit sweet and the base notes are fresh and citrus. An odd one.

guest_whoopie
guest_whoopie

this perfume sucks!the smell does not linger for long and almost smells like urine after a while. i hate it. unfortunately it was a gift and so i can't give it away or trash it. thoroughly disappointed with the smell and would not recommend this for anyone. for the summer, the elizabeth arden sunflowers perfume is much much better

guest_Katie
guest_Katie

I love it. I just smelled every perfume at the mall and this was my favorite. Brit was too much.... musky...My mom is getting it for me for christmas (hopefully it is still around). I'm not a perfume expert but I know the fragrance made me happy and feeling sexy. I usually just wear a clean smelling body lotion and wanted to up it to perfume for occasions. This was by far my favorite and I will wear it in the winter with pride :)

xen
xen

Nearly finished a bottle of this already!....Nice and fruity, quite fresh, good for summer...but not very long lasting on my skin...sprayed it on my clothing mostly :o) I don't think I'll get another bottle.....

Burberry Summer '09 is a lot fruitier and fresher than its predecessor.

While this version maintains the pretty floral notes found in the original, the added notes of litchi, mandarin orange and red currant gives this fragrance so much more character. Crisp yet delicate, I find this fragrance much better suited to hot climates.

I tested this fragrance on a relatively humid day in the city and I'll admit that I felt very refreshed simply by wearing this scent. Rather than being sharp or potently fruity, Burberry Summer '09 sits smoothly on the skin and never feels too sticky.

It is a perfect balance of fruits, florals and woodsy notes. The cedar and sandalwood in the base notes has an almost clean, soapy quality which rounds the scent off nicely.

So far this would be my choice if I had to choose a Summer scent from the Burberry line.

i think its truly a summer perfum
the one who says its just alemon smell, please check your nose.
the perfume is refreshing, white cedar, sandalwood, and mandrine are great mixture
it reminds me of L'eau par Kenzo

mandashell
mandashell

Finally got to test this one and it really falls flat and is very bland. It smells like lemon and that is about it. Not sweet or woodsy or anything else. I can not make out any other specific notes. On the positive side it has really good sillage because the scent stayed on the top of my hand hours after I left the mall. It was still there after I washed my hands a couple of times. Thankgoodness I didn't buy it unsniffed. NEXT! 0.o

DreamGirl
DreamGirl

This is one of the best perfumes ever! It smells sexy and fresh, not too sweet and I can still smell it after 8-9 hours. I wish it was not only a summer perfume so I could buy it again and again. :(

ramiske
ramiske

Based on the notes in the description, I was dying to test this. Dissappointingly, I didn't smell litchi or any of the other notes I was hoping to smell:( It was rather nondescript compared to others I was testing. Since I was testing other fragrances, I'll test this again before I rule it out.

vertigo
vertigo

I agree!
Very tasty without being too sweet. Gentle and innocent, and in the same time - modern and urban.
In the beginning the fruits are on the floral base, then they become lighter and I can smell a really nice fruity juice with sparkling water :)
The base reminds me of L'Eau par Kenzo.
Really makes me smile :)

porcelain ninja
porcelain ninja

It smells refreshing and lasts. The Litchi, mandarin orange and red currant are so perfectly blended that you smell all of them at once and the mixture is addicting.

The cedar base note adds a minty fresh scent that is perfect for summer.

Burberry Summer Women 2009 by Burberry 3.46 out of 5 based on 89 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Burberry Summer Women 2009 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Burberry Summer Women 2009, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Burberry Summer Women 2009 by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Burberry Summer Women 2009 by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.