Designers » B » Floral Green « Groups

Burberry Summer for Women 2011 Burberry for women

Burberry Summer for Women 2011 Burberry for women
dislike

Burberry Summer for Women 2011 Burberry for women Pictures

Burberry Summer for Women 2011 evokes that peaceful atmosphere of the English summer morning. The scent is fresh, sparkling, floral - fruity - green. Top notes: pomegranate, orange, green leaves. Heart: rose, freesia, lily of the valley. Base: cedar, sandalwood and white musk. Available as 100 ml EDT.

Orange Pomegranate Green Notes

Freesia Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Musk Sandalwood Virginia Cedar

Burberry Summer for Women 2013

Burberry Summer for Women 2011 Fragrance Reviews

dkny27
dkny27

All citrus... All summer... All energizing goodness.
So much orange and grapefruit, eventually met with the woody dry down....
A bright, crisp, young scent that makes you think of fresh grapefruits in the hot sun.....
Great power, impressive longevity...
If you're a citrus lover, you're going to enjoy this...

allsmiles3
allsmiles3

This is a nice summer scent. Nothing exciting about it, it's just fresh, light, and free feeling. I always think of oranges when I wear it. Definitely a casual day scent.

Beypazari
Beypazari

Perfect for summer such a happy fragnance but i love it mostly because i smell grapefruits

rdharmapuri
rdharmapuri

One word - fresh! I've owned this since the summer of 2011 and absolutely love it. I haven't limited it to summer alone. It has a great sweet-citrusy opening and lasts for a good 30 minutes. I don't get much of the middle notes but for the most part, this stays on as a great mix of creamy sandal and rose. It smells absolutely great! Lasts about 4 hours or so on me.

Natacia
Natacia

Smells sour and doesn't stay long on my skin... Not my favorite at all even though I've tried other Burberry perfumes as well, it seems like Burberry isn't meant for me.

varnyte
varnyte

I feel summer around me
Sweet feeling:)

magicfngrz
magicfngrz

I absolutely love this scent! Even with asthma is it light enough and bright to be a happy scent all year round. It doesn't last as long as I would like but I still wear it all year round for the daytime.

Since I'm going into Summer now on my side of the globe, I'm only just getting around to sampling the 2011 Summer releases. Burberry Summer 2011 is passable, but certainly not exciting, at least not to my nose.

As per usual, this Summer flanker is heavy on the citrus accords and watery fruits. Orange is the most dominant note, being rather bitter and sour at times. My skin never works too well with citrus or fruits, so seeming that Burberry Summer 2011 is all about the fruity accords, on my skin it turns acidic.

The heart is nice but predictable with soapy freesia and delicate rose. The drydown isn't any more interesting with a rather bland blend of cedar and musk. The scent does become less harsh as the fragrance settles, however the underlying orange note lingers on. Not that I find orange an unpleasant note, it's just not something that easily agrees with my skin or my nose.

I still prefer Burberry Summer 2009 which was much more pleasant and less generic. Unfortunately I can no longer find the 2009 release, and in the next few months the same could be said of this fragrance, which is already gracing the discount stores.

The heart is nice but predictable with soapy freesia and delicate rose. The drydown isn't any more interesting with a rather bland blend of cedar and musk. The does become less harsh as the fragrance settles, however the underlying orange note lingers on. Not that I find orange an unpleasant note, it's just not something that easily agrees with my skin or my nose.

vjta
vjta

Does not last well on my skin...for the first 2 hours is nice though :)

longcara
longcara

I love the original burberry, i used it for yrs. sprayed this on a card in the perfume counter and put the card in my bag after sniffing it, long story short i love it!!!!
Got it, fruity , floral, the topnotes are zesty, yum, and the drydown is gorgeous, perfect for summer, only gripe is the lasting power, is so poor, have to reapply it every few hrs in the day.But still love it, i will get through my 50 ml bottle in no time!!

alfonsine
alfonsine

I agree with fellow reviewers that this particular perfume by Burberry smelled a bit too synthetic/plasticky compared to the other Burberry's . Its perfect for summer and its NICE....but that's it, nothing special...FADES away really quickly and does leave a trace of astringent scent (made it seem like cheap perfumes). Anyway, I was hoping for something more from Burberry.

netysgirl@yahoo.com
netysgirl@yahoo.com

It smells synthetic and cheap

sophisticated
sophisticated

i felt like wearing a Nina Ricci frag or should i say DKNY because of the sweetness, anyways, it starts with sweet notes, my nose doesn't detect any particular sweet note per se but just sweetness, kind of synthetic to me, then i wish i can say flowers burst in and stuff but no, the whole frag starts to fade with a flowery note to give it justice!! as far as the three base notes mentioned above, the base note on my skin is my skin itself, nothing musky, cedar, etc... nada, till the whole thing fades away in an hour max; so, if you like that frag and don't have a problem with applying, re-applying and applying some more till you probably finish a bottle on one outing then buy it; otherwise, there are better choices out there

Pout
Pout

It is lovely, beach fragrance, perfect for summer.
Lasting power is not much, you need to reapply it several times a day. I got a pair: "woman" for myself, "man" for my boyfriend. On me it's working in super-heat +45C

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

Special going in our shops: 50 ml for under $30 makes this scent worth impulse buying. :)

Amazingly nice fresh floral, in the vein of D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3, it's quite entertaining in its carefree summer vibe with an understated gourmandise touch for about half an hour, but then all together spiral into very boring tartness, meaning the scent doesn't really behave itself under heat (+ 26 C).

A dilly of a perfume. Runs the risk of being thermally marginalized though.

Completely plastic and artificial.

honeysuckle
honeysuckle

The opening green notes were so sharp over the loud, albeit thin, fruity notes... I also have a rough time with freesia, so I think as soon as that started coloring the heart note of lily-of-the-valley I was done.

It might be nice for some but I'm picky about my green notes, and this just didn't do it for me. It smelled biting and synthetic, over some deep pink syrup. :( Not quite what I hoped for? I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.

Burberry Classic has a completely different, less of a sangria-colored Juicy-Fruits feel, but I think if you want a summer fragrance from Burberry the classic will do just as well anything else (and honestly, aren't the Beat and Brit Sheer pretty appropriate for that also?). Green apple, nectarine, black currant, jasmine... much more my style. :(

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I didn't like this one. Burberry Sheer is much better and excellent for summer IMO.

s_olafsdottir
s_olafsdottir

First impression is a huge blast of blood orange. No bitter or sour zest tones, just a big blood orange beeing cut up, seeping of sweet juice. Like in the Dexter intro.

Unfortunately this only lasts about 10 minutes. The blood orange is replaced by miguet (lily-of-the-valley). Lots of it! To me, miguet is the olfactory definition of "Hello, I'm very nice but unfortunately I don't have any personality".

After 6 hours or so, most of the miguet has worn off and what is left is a sweet sensual musky base. Casual and uncomplicated. A great scent while having some good rosé, that you don't want to overpower by wearing lots of perfume, on a warm summer evening with someone you like.

If it wasn't for that pesky miguet this would be a great casual summer fragrance.

Jane Stephanie
Jane Stephanie

I just tried this, and didn't really expect anything great, but WOW was I surprised!
This fragrance is just lovely. Very summery and light and I just have to own it!
What a good thing that I try to test everything available and don't judge anything before having tried it on. I am also crazy about the traditional Burberry "Burberry Women", althong it a lot different, but also a scent I only wear during the summer.

mandashell
mandashell

THis is decent. It's fruity, bright and very summery. The top notes are lovely but the fragrance fades far too quickly to smell much else. Overall, it is very reminiscent of a scented talcum powder. But if it weren't for that odd powder note and the zero lasting power then this could be a very nice summer fragrance. Last years Burberry Summer for women was far superior. IMHO, with this years you aren't missing anything. ;'/

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

I'm usually not a Burberry follower but I love a good grenats. Let's see if this burberry does it justice.

Burberry Summer for Women 2011 by Burberry 3.44 out of 5 based on 133 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Burberry Summer for Women 2011 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Burberry Summer for Women 2011, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Burberry Summer for Women 2011 by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Burberry Summer for Women 2011 by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.