Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

Burberrys Burberry for men

Burberrys Burberry for men
dislike

Burberrys Burberry for men Pictures

Burberrys by Burberry is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Burberrys was launched in 1981. Top notes are artemisia, lavender, juniper, mint, bergamot and thyme; middle notes are carnation, sandalwood, patchouli, pepper, jasmine, vetiver, cedar, rose, marjoram and geranium; base notes are leather, amber, musk, oakmoss, civet and myrrh.

Artemisia Lavender Juniper Mint Bergamot Thyme

Carnation Sandalwood Patchouli Pepper Jasmine Vetiver Cedar Rose Marjoram Geranium

Leather Amber Musk Oakmoss Civet Myrrh

Burberrys Fragrance Reviews

Br'eauDeCologne
Br'eauDeCologne

I remember when I was about 11 years old, walking in the department store with my folks after church on a Sunday afternoon in the winter. A pretty lady asked me if I wanted a sample of this new cologne. It was the best smelling men's cologne I had ever experienced up to that point and to this day I remember how good it was. I held on to that little towelette sample as long as I could, careful to fold the pouch it came in to tuck in all the fragrance. That thing lasted about a year or more, stashed away in the upper drawer of my dresser.

I never forgot it.

I have owned and smelled lots of amazing fragrances since then (including a couple from Burberry), but very few made an impression on me like Burberrys did. I am sure nostalgia and the pretty lady made an impact, as well ... but this was just a great symphony of notes, period. My young nose knew it then and my old-ish nose knows it now.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

@Jerry Can..

They don't make them like they use to!! I hope you were able to find a 100ml. I came across this fragrance but only in 30ml and it was pricey. Enjoy the fragrance...it truly is a GEM!!!

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

Thankyou perfumecritic for making sense of this confusion. I knew the bottle in the main picture wasn't the one I was looking for. The Burberrys for Men that I wore and loved from the early 1980s was the vertical oblong bottle (as per the picture on the right). I haven't seen it for a long time. It was very popular and is yet another much lamented absentee (Ted Lapidus PH and Charles Jourdan un Homme). D&G The One reminds me (only a very little) of it - and not remotely as good.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

All im getting right now is a very dry 80's leather vibe. I hope it does something soon or else its just like a lot of other masculines from the past. Good in a sense but not my style.

lsh55
lsh55

I had this back in the 80'. I like to use a masculine scent now and then and this was one of my favorites. I actually got a lot of compliments from men when I wore this scent!

zararbutt
zararbutt

I had this fragrance way back in 90s and believe me i loved it. I was so fond of it that i sprayed 100 ml within few months due to tons of compliments each time i wore. It was a compliment getter, a genuine masculin aroma which use to entice every sniffer around you. Unfortunately dont find it anymore, think it is discontinued.

Mobarak1977
Mobarak1977

I had this fragrance long time back before its one of the best Burberry perfume. Whis to find 100ml .

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

The above information is slightly incorrect in that it shows the bottle from 1991 as the primary image, the companion to Society yet also simply called Burberry's for Men, but gives the notes from 1981's original Burberry's for Men (pictured above right). Confusing, I know.

So here is the recap: in 1981 there was a fragrance called Burberry's for men. In 1991 Burberry's launched Society for women and a companion fragrance also titled Burberry's for Men which was not the same composition as the original 1981 version, nor was it the product shown on the Society for men page, a fragrance which was launched by a different company using the same name once Society for women was no longer in production.

And if all of this wasn't confusing enough, in 1995 after the apparent failure of Society for women and the 1981 & 1991 versions of Burberry's for men, the company launched another set of fragrances with the exact same name, "Burberry's", however this time the word London appeared underneath the company's moniker. Of the three versions from 1981, 1991 and 1995, the 1995 product is the only one still in production. This is now sometimes referred to as Burberry's London for men, which is even more crazily misleading because Burberry's did indeed launch a Burberry's London for men just a few years back. These two fragrances have totally different bottles and totally different compositions.

When fragrance licenses expire and change hands we consumers witness all of this confusing naming business. Both Versace and Dior have suffered from the same problem with numerous fragrances launched at different times with slightly different compositions, or even wildly different compositions, but quite similar or exactly the same names.

This review is for the bottle pictured above. I can see the comparison to Tiffany for Men, though not as much to Chanel pour Homme Concentree. Here the myrrh/vanillic quality is obvious, as is the vanilla in the Tiffany, but the patchouli is much less obvious. What I think I like most about this one is how there is great contrast between the aromatic elements and the sweet, syrupy oriental one. Spice seems to connect the two and prevent an irritating clash from occurring. There is also a kind of woody background hum which supplies some "structure." This is the kind of scent that recent designer attempts seem to fail miserably at, and my guess is that lack of ingredient quality is the key problem (though in some cases there is another issue, such as being overly sweet). Of course some don't perceive the "synthetic" qualities of them, but that also means they probably can't appreciate the richness and depth of scents like this one. This is really well balanced and should be ranked very highly, IMO, even when compared against other vintage greats !

UPDATE: If you can't afford this one or just can't find it, I suggest trying Mesmerize for men by Avon. No, I don't think it's exactly the same or that the ingredient quality or blending is as good but it may be close enough for you, all things considered. Heritage is another in the same general range as this one.

UPDATE #2: I have now tried the "original," from 1981. Apparently, the bottle (and formulation) pictured above is from around 1991/1992. In any case, the 1981 formulation smells a great deal like Vetiver de Puig, though perhaps just a bit smoother. I'll just copy and paste the notes for Vetiver de Puig below and that will give you an idea of what to expect (it's dry, with strong lavender, sandalwood, and vetiver):

TOP:

musk
tonka bean

Sam37
Sam37

very special, either you love it or hate it, had it in the 90´s.

Thomas0462
Thomas0462

This is a masterpiece.
One of those that makes you take another deep sniff.
Airy & deep at the same time,
sweet without being too sweet.
There is nothing like it.

Ought to be relaunched.

Burberry Cologne by Burberry, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Burberry Cologne by Burberry, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Gift Set
Burberry Touch by Burberry for Men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Burberrys fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Burberrys, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Burberrys by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Burberrys by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.