Designers » B » « Groups

Society Burberry for men

Society Burberry for men
dislike

Society for men is a classic fragrance from Burberry, launched in 1991. It possesses floral notes in its extremely fresh masculine composition that is suitable for elegant and refined gentlemen. It is recommended for daywear.

Available as 100 ml cologne spray.

Floral Notes

Society Fragrance Reviews

This review is for Society Yachting for Men, not by Burberry. The bottle looks the same and the box is nearly identical as well ("Yachting" is added to it). This is a decent citrus/herbal (with a touch of sweetness) type scent. I can't say much more because I sampled so many today that I'm afraid I might mislead someone, but I'm writing this now because I've seen 100 ml bottles sell for next to nothing, and at that price, it's great if you are on a very tight budget and want this type of scent, a big step up from the dollar store ones!

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

The above information is slightly incorrect. Society was indeed launched in 1991 as a fragrance for women. Once Society was discontinued and no longer part of the Burberry's fragrance collection, it was relaunched by another company and a Society for men, pictured above, was added to the market.

The information at Fragrantica about Burberry's for men with the blue cap is also incorrect in that it shows the bottle from 1991 as the primary image, the companion to Society yet also simply called Burberry's for Men, yet gives the notes from 1981's original Burberry's for Men. Confusing, I know. Again, Society for men as shown above was never part of the Burberry's fragrance collection.

So here is the recap: in 1981 there was a fragrance called Burberry's for men. In 1991 Burberry's launched Society for women and a companion fragrance also titled Burberry's for Men which was not the same composition as the original 1981 version, nor was it the product shown above.

fuzzybutt59
fuzzybutt59

Nothing very special about this fragrance.
Starts with a promise of fresh,soft citrus woods reminding me of Shogun by Alain Delon.
However this fails to develop into anything exciting and projection is virtually nil.
This was discontinued by Burberry soon after it was launched.I wonder why?

Sillage: poor.
Longevity: fair.
Projection: nil.

samsara1977
samsara1977

The name says it all... .
Classy, feminine, sparkling and fresh, not too young. Suitable for every woman who wants a classy and easy to wear perfume.
The Society for women, here I see it's says 'for men'. Could that be a mistake? Mine was certainly feminine, bought it early 90's. They don't sell it anymore in Europe I think.

Society by Burberry 3.29 out of 5 based on 9 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Society fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Society, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Society by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Society by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Versace VE Gucci Gucci 3 Krizia K de Krizia Versace Blonde La Perla La Perla Emanuel Ungaro Diva Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Fendi Fendi Ralph Lauren Safari Rochas Femme Rochas Jean Patou Joy Nina Ricci Fleur de Fleurs Hermes 24 Faubourg Clinique Aromatics Elixir Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee Rochas Tocade Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles Gres Cabotine Van Cleef & Arpels First Chanel Chanel No 5 Eau de Toilette