Designers » B » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

The Beat Burberry for women

The Beat Burberry for women Pictures The Beat Burberry for women Pictures The Beat Burberry for women Pictures The Beat Burberry for women Pictures The Beat Burberry for women Pictures

Burberry’s The Beat for women was released in March 2008. The parfumeurs in charge of this creation are Dominique Ropion, Olivier Polge and Beatrice Piquet, who enriched this perfume with the notes of tea from Ceylon, iris, bluebell, bergamot, cardamom, pink pepper, mandarin, light musk, vetiver and cedar. This perfume has connection with music, because the perfemeurs created it on the concept of music from Kasabian’s album: Dirty Pretty Things, Razorlight, the Arctic Monkeys and The Fratellis, illustrating the mood introduced by The Beat. Baron and Bailey designed the bottle for the Beat and it respresents an enlarged version of Burberry’s checked pattern painted on a scarft, which was worn by Deyn in the commercial. The bottle has a silver-coloured cap, as well as an amulet made of suede and metal, which was an interesting novelty in Burberries decorative/fashion accessories. It is advertised by Agyness Deyn, accompanied by Fabien Baron’s marketing and David Sims’ photography. Perfume The Beat is available as 30, 50 and 75ml edp, as well as an elixir perfume in the amount of 40 ml.

Pink Pepper Mandarin Orange Bergamot Cardamom

iris Tea Bellflower

Vetiver Cedar White Musk

The Beat EDT
Paul Smith Floral
Nude

The Beat Fragrance Reviews

I didn't expect it to be so so musky and strong. I think vetiver is also very dominant here. I am surprised because it's the only one of Burberry's fragrances I don't find any good at all.
It is sweet and spicy but I don't get any tea notes from it.
Good, for someone else.

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

Initially, I did not care for the Beat but I literally warmed up to it - that is, with the heat of summer, it transformed from a synthetic-smelling (and on me slightly head-ache inducing) sporty fresh/spicy to a soft, sweet, creamy and sort of peachy scent which I could really enjoy. So it has been my go-to scent this summer, not because it is the best perfume I have but because it is the perfume I have which is most flattered by hot weather. It has good durability and moderate to medium sillage - all in all perfect for a hot day or evening out and about.

Lavender Child
Lavender Child

I decided last year to buy this perfume for summer. I think this is a marvellous summer scent, powdery but not too heavy and like a love child of Rihanna's Nude (vanilla and flowers) with the slighty green tang of Boss Woman.

The woodsy base is stronger though, and it comes through right from the start. It's the only one of the Burberry line I like and wear. It can be worn everyday during summer and autumn, but it disappears way too quickly for an Eau de Parfum.

waterbottleisland
waterbottleisland

Very "sporty" and good for hot summer days. I'll definitely be keeping this one on hand in the gym :)

mirul
mirul

I bought burberry the beat for my sister. Thank god, she loves it. She even put it in her top list even she has a ton of perfumes. Citrusy note really suit the hot humid weather in my country. My sister said it last all day on her skin which makes her loves it. The bottle is sleek and easy for her to carry with during her vacation.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

This perfume is so complex. One minute, it's saying, "I'm edgy and aloof", but the next minute, "Just kidding. I'm warm and cuddly." I get a lot of compliments with this perfume. I think I was drawn to its duality, but I guess I'm not the only one!

LouisedeParis
LouisedeParis

I love the 'cute and shy' side of this fragrance more than everything.

Warm, powdery and slightly spicy, The Beat suits every occasion. Bottle is pretty as well.

Great fragrance! Smells like a very expensive piece of cloth.

teadrinker
teadrinker

At first sniff I thought this smelled exactly like Tommy Girl, which I wore faithfully when I was in college. The scent has that same slightly peppery, bubbly quality that Tommy Girl does. After putting it on, I found that the scent did soften considerably, becoming much more powdery, but still smelling an awful lot like Tommy Girl. Half an hour later the scent is nearly gone. The overall assessment? This is a pretty scent, but it fades far too quickly. I need more than a half hour's wear from my perfume.

Cupcakesprinkle
Cupcakesprinkle

I actually smelled this perfume on a total stranger but had to ask her what it was since I basically fell in lovee with it. Then finally I purchased it and I got alot of compliments on it! The smell is fresh and floral and a little citrusy. I usally carry it in my purse and spray it every 3 hours. But it can easily be smelled when I walk into a room or flip my hair. It is really sticks to your clothes and the longetivty is pretty good . It is definettly my signature scent and I love it. Its the type of perfume you just cant get enough of! So basically I would definetly recomend this perfume it is one of my faves.

julianna32
julianna32

The actual scent isn't heavy but it "feels" heavy, if that makes sense. It's not something I personally would go for in the summer, even though the scent smells light/citrus.

Ioli19
Ioli19

Fresh and very uplifting, puts a spring into your step! It's unique and gets noticed, can be worn easily but I love it in the spring the most!
The tea note in this is perfection, and the citrus is there but not loud and in your face!
It's feminine enough but not very girly!
It has a certain confident, classy presence and any age could carry it!
Moderate silage and longevity, can't understand why they are discontinuing it!!!

DarlingOne
DarlingOne

I love this scent! When I first sniffed it, an image came to my mind: I was wearing a light, floral, summer dress, walking by the river on a hot late afternoon, hand in hand with my beautiful husband and we were enjoying life. Mind you, it was winter and I don't even have a boyfriend :) But this scent provoked such a beautiful feeling in me that I just had to have it! I love it, but I wouldn't call it my signature scent, but rather a wonderful experience...

YogaRose
YogaRose

Beautiful combination of notes. Fresh, musk, tea, bergamot, and light iris...and although the pink pepper is a nice touch, it might make those around you sneeze. I've honestly noticed people compliment yet sneeze around me when I wear this.

Rianna
Rianna

When I first sprayed this I wasn't sure. I love The Beat Eau de Toilette and the notes are slightly similar only obviously this Eau de Parfum is much stronger. It's citrusy at first then mellows into a rather spicy little number and then a soft warm but clean smell. Not overly flowery and at first I thought no this is not for me but I kind of like it because it smells a bit different than other perfumes. Some scents blend into one another and could be anything but this smell is quite distinctive and the more I smell it on me the more I like it! :)

hedikukk
hedikukk

Looking at the ad. and the bottle I got a completely different vibe from this perfume. It surprisingly sweent and not fresh at all (which I personally thought it would be). I dont really even know what type of women is it for. Just strange and hard to pin-point.

neo_xx
neo_xx

it's nice smelling and has very good projection.
the tea with pink pepper do blend well here , a bit sweet and powdery . also it is settle,

not a masterpiece but very good specially in summer

Manny44
Manny44

Its not that I dislike this one its just that I'm a bit too old for this one. Im 34 and this feels like a very young and energetic fragrance for guys in their very early twenties. Still a nice enough sweet/spicy frag.

kadinurr
kadinurr

I have smelled Beat EDP on paperstrip before and I liked it. Today I tried it on my skin and it was disaster - suffocating. It was sweet but not like candysweet, more like some kind of food needing something sour to balance things out. Based on the notes I should love it - woody, spicy but not too overpowering... but look what happened. I should try EDT, maybe that juice have more that citric side that seems to be lacking here for me.

t for two
t for two

Well, i bought today The beat intense elixir version in Winners for a great price. This version is quite rare. LOVE IT! WoW. So, much better than then edp or edt!

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

Got this blind buy, I didn't like it at first but eventually grew on me.

ingvalid
ingvalid

I LOVE IT. This baby can go anywhere with me and it smells like warm heaven. Perfect! I constantly get compliments. A friend of mine bought after smelling it on me, unfortunately it smelled quite different on her. Luckily for me though, she gave her bottle to me.

yettb
yettb

dreamy creamy light fragrance the green tea brightens it a little and I can detect the iris a bit it and it is a bit baby powderish later on - just simply smells comforting to me very wearable

lollsazz
lollsazz

I had this quite some time ago, but I clearly remember that it smelt burnt car tires on me. I tried it out at least 5 times, hoping it would develop to something else at some point, but it for some reason didn't. There can be a lot of notes to blame for this: the vetiver is smoky and earthy, the citrus is sour, adding to the carbondioxide, "smoke smell in my hair"-feeling, and there are some sharp pepper and cardamom notes, which for some reason smelt quite plasticky. I do not remember smelling tea at any point, actually. I've found that far most Burberry fragrances are not for me - they tend to contain smells of spices that I don't quite understand.

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

I get a soft, powdery orange blossom with some cardamom. I find this to be a mellow, no-nonsense, very office appropriate, warm skin-scent on me. Easy to wear, yet not forgettable.

I normally cannot stand anything with a pink pepper note, but in this one I'm not picking it up at all. The first time I smelled it I found it a bit artificial, almost plasticky, but it quickly grew on me.

I don't find it flirty or sexy whatsoever - instead, this is the perfect work perfume to keep me calm and grounded. (It did keep my nerves at bay all trough a very demanding internship, so I'd say it works...)

slpkmack
slpkmack

A few years ago, I tested The Beat and LOVED it. I tossed around the idea of purchasing it but my fiancé didn't care for it so I abandoned the idea.

A few years later, I came across it at Marshall's and went for it. I was utterly obsessed with it for a few days and kept smelling myself like a lunatic.

It opens with a very bright and spicy citrus smell and dries to a moodier woodsy-musky smell.

Lately when I've attempted to wear it, straight away the scent punches me in the face with a strong, nauseating sour smell. It may be because it's now summer and the weather is hot. Or did I ruin it by leaving it in my car when it was warm (never in direct sunlight)? Perhaps my brain needed a break from all the self-smelling.

To me, it's really more of a cuddly autumn and winter scent so I'll have to give it another shot in a few months and see if I can fall in love again.

profile
profile

عطر رائع

كأن أحد ما جاء وجمع الربيع في هذه القنينة

رائحة منعشة عشبية في البدء ثم يبقى المسك رفيقا إلى نهاية اليوم

smellME
smellME

I recall very hasty trying this scent in an airport three years ago , after discovering I love cardamon in perfumes. I didn't pick it that time but through a swap I ended up with a sample...wich was nice !
First thought, smellling it on my skin was - Not like any other Burberry... and second thought after settlening....it reminded me of Molecules eccentric 02 though a lot lighter.
The top note is very refreshing with the citruses and cardamon.would have wanted it to stay like that. It turns teally soapy.powdery and a little mailish but then goes back feminine and mellows down to a soft warm musky base.that actually to my taste , turns too soft !
Looking at the large amount of people who picked it for their signature, its either because its so mainstream available or simply because its nice and different enough
All in all- an affordable and soft sleeping beauty !
Might not by it but would accept it in a swap...

I run hot and cold with The Beat,it has such a mass appeal that it becomes generic, although it smells pleasant enough, it just doesnt appeal greatly to me..it smells nice, outdoorsy, not extremely feminine, but it has its cult following..I like EDt better, it is fruitier..I just am not too interested in owning a bottle, a very anonymous Burberry. Would be great for a college student though..
Would make a good gift, it would appeal to any ages really..

hend whisper
hend whisper

At first smell its seem casual fresh light perfume with the warm and sensual effect of Burbery perfumes
so i bought it :)
but after it's settle on my skin its seem too annoying , very soapy and intense i feel just like I'm in a pharmacy or herbal store !!

i cant stand it on me skin , 4 me the beat is a disappointment :(

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I just bought this today and I think it's my new favourite, which is surprising because I don't care for any of the other Burberry fragrances I've tried. It may even become my signature! The scent opens with sparkling orange, then drys down into a warm, sexy vanilla-vetiver-pink pepper-spicy-patchouli. It reminds me a bit of my roommate's Chanel Coco Mademoiselle in the dry down. This is more casual than the Mlle, but it's still effortlessly sexy and warm. I have a feeling my boyfriend is going to love this!

kellbell73
kellbell73

To me this smells like the less dark and dirty little sister of Cheap and Chick. lol. Clean and beautiful for when you want that type of thing, something straight forward. When you want the slightly mysterious/sexy/smoky older sister, reach for the Moschino. They share so many of the same notes-Iris, musk, vetiver and bergamot...just missing that ambergris!!!

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I like this fragrance very much. I thought this might end up being boring and generic. It was such a pleasant surprise. A perfect daytime scent. This perfume is guaranteed not to offend anyone around you. It's light, soft and fresh. The notes are blended together nicely. On my skin it's citrusy, woody, green and aromatic. Not being a musk lover, I'm relieved that I don't get much of that on my skin. The only downfall is that the scent doesn't last long at all. It disappears before the end of the day, unlike many of my other fragrances that seem to last and last. I found my bottle on clearance for a good price and I don't regret my purchase as this perfume is not as easy to find as it once was. This fragrance also has a unisex vibe going on, making it suitable not only for women, but for men as well. I'll be reaching for this a lot during the summer months. A well rounded scent that I'm happy to have in my collection.

mum84
mum84

هذا العطر أشعر انه فريد
يرضي جميع الأذواق
ناعم هادئ وبنفس الوقت
مثير ويترك اثر

xabaras
xabaras

I can smell the spicy pepper, the freshness of the citrus and the sweetness of the green tea. This harmony of notes lasts for about an hour and then The Beat develops into a musky scent which reminds me of other Burberry fragrances. They all seem to fade into the same musky/ambery note. Maybe it's my skin. A nice fragrance, no doubt. It's just not "special" enough to make me fall in love.

MsYvette
MsYvette

At first, I wasn't wowed by this because it smelled so generic, but time went on and I actually found that The Beat smells much more unique and lovely when I wore it during colder months. In the winter, the cedar, oranges, and vetiver are the most prominent on me. There was something very sassy yet classy about it. I also loved how versatile it was; I can wear to work, with dresses, or with a casual outfit. (I wouldn't say it's a nigh time fragrance, though.) I also found it lasts all day on me in the fall and winter. My boyfriend has also stated that this is his favorite fragrance on me.

During the summer, it's a completely different story. The Beat smelled a lot soapier and plain in the heat. Longevity was weak and it reminded me of a perfumed magazine strip. This really goes to show why I need different fragrances for different seasons.

One important note: Burberry is discontinuing The Beat, so it may be a little difficult to find now.

PiankoPianko
PiankoPianko

just ok nothing special

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Soft, squishy and airy is the texture to describe this scent. I see it almost like a cute pink marshmallow. This is a sweet scent, although there's a bit of green and citrus in the background. I thought it would be greener but no, this is a mellow sweet scent. I'll pass on this one. It's nice, but nothing special.

pourfemme
pourfemme

Easy to wear but I dont believe that it will make a difference in anybody's life. Just an ordinary casual perfume... I couldn't decide that I like or dislike it. it is just ok. To my nose, it is the combination of burberry weekend and davidoff cool water :S not too fresh but not disturb too.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

One of my transition fragrances... i used it when i was going from fresh citrusy perfumes to sugary syrups. =) It did its job in my case. But i wasn't a true fan. Its projection wasn't enough for my taste. It faded to skin way 2 fast. Its a spring fresh and slightly girly fragrance. Frankly i think its a bit overpriced and u could go with a body splash instead, unless u are a label fan. ;)

hyacinth266
hyacinth266

I fell in love with her at the first sight. It is very lady but definitely the pink pepper adds some more character to this perfume. I really like the poster which explains everything. Famine, modern, independent, gentle and charming~

我能想象,在都市的叢林中,有這樣的女孩,獨立、偶爾會強勢,但是也通人情實力圓融招人喜愛;率直,純真,堅持自我,偶爾有點小叛逆,不過更懂得如何愛自己和自己愛的人;喜歡時尚,充滿活力,在Party中閃耀光芒,但是獨處時,也喜愛和心靈對話,沉淀、反思。
這樣的你,會和我一樣喜歡這款香水的~

Cwatson13
Cwatson13

I bought this as a blind try from Marshall's as they had a large stock of the now discontinued scent. I love this perfume! It is intoxicatingly sweet on me without being overbearing. Appropriate for work bit especially for a fun girls night out.

JennyNoelle0203
JennyNoelle0203

I have been searching for a perfume that is very fresh but doesn't smell like soap, and The Beat is perfect. I usually don't go for the Woody/Green scents, but this one is beautiful. I wouldn't even have classified it as such when I tested it at Ulta today. I would describe it as a Fresh/Flowery scent. Some are saying that it can be worn by men also, but I disagree. To me it's actually very feminine, and there is already a men's version of it. No need to share. I purchased the 1 oz. size so I can keep it in my purse and it is so chic and adorable with the charm hanging on the side that it makes it fun to take out and freshen up with. This is my new signature. Very happy with it!

Thelma Scents
Thelma Scents

I don't like it....smelled nicer on my boyfriend than on me. Burberry Brit does it for me. Not my cup of tea. What a drugstore scent!

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

I am a big fan of every Burberry fragrance, but this one is one of my favourites! It is clean, simple, but still very modern and sophisticated.
It starts with a nicy fruity note, I suppose it's Mandarin Orange. But after a couple of minutes, it turns into beautiful, powdery, and sweet, but not too sweet, really feminine fragrance.
Very long lasting, good sillage.
Overall, absolutely amazing, feminine, young fragrance. I love it! :)

aning101
aning101

Most fragrances don't last very long on me but this one does. It just smells so good, and after a few hours fades to a soft burberry brit-ish scent. Definitely one of my favorites.

selinu
selinu

I used to have the body lotion and it was heavenly. Recently I smelled the beat on one of my friends and she said she uses perfume but I don't know that she mentioned edt or edp. I don't know which one has similar scent with my dear body lotion but I like the beat. Will try both of them in a few days and definitely will purchase it.

I had it, and I liked the EDT better, I feel The Beat is a victim of its popularity, it has no identity, I think overall it is a safe gift , as it really works for everyone out there. Consequently it is a bit common, and not very sophisticated. Let' s face it, Burberry makes interesting scents, not really elegant nor exciting
The Beat is a proper scent, clean, soft. A bit plain.

jessbug
jessbug

I've had it for two or three years now, and don't find myself reaching for it very often. It's not because it smells bad or anything, but for me this perfume just lacks personality.

Kakibot
Kakibot

I used to have this when I was in my late teens - the whole brand did fit me perfectly, as I was in an indie band and all that x) I still like to smell it, but now that I am 24 I don't think I would wear it if I had my other perfumes around.

It's a very youthful, very citrusy scent, spring/summer, for an optimistic woman full of life. After a bit of time, it gets a classic Burberry undertone, which makes it a more luxuriously smelling scent than just a body spray.

Dollycat
Dollycat

A real burberry scent! It has a little plastic smell to it like the original burberry smell. I also smell a little bit cocos or is it just my nose? I haven´t make up my mind yet if i just like it or love it. It´s a very sweet, little plastic and fresh smell. Maybe i have to wear it a couple times to decide.

Juliana6
Juliana6

I noticed this scent 2 years ago. I sprayed it on a paper strip and already then I realized- one day I'll have it. That time I bought Lolita Lempicka because I wanted a gourmand fragrance. But the idea about The Beat was hunting me. And finally today I got it.

It's fresh ( even a bit minty), floral and clean. But still it has that Burberry secret note which we can smell in all their perfumes. Something warm and sensual, something close to skin, something intimate I would say.
I smell pepper ( spices),green tea, citruses, wood and some sweet flowers.
When I dries down it reminds me the scent of a beautiful woman who has just returned from a very expensive beauty salon. She takes care of herself, she is confident and elegant. I guess a very expensive lipstick could smell like that.
I noticed that the spray element is "invisible" through the bottle. The tiny "pipe" disappears in the liquid, this gives a touch of mystery and elegance.

I agree about the memories, sensations and humid asphalt scent which I like. I imagine this in a rainy, warm spring day...

thalassamou
thalassamou

İt's great to wear for work. Very clean, classy, feminine but not sexy perfume.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

The Beat... It's modern yet classy, a 'proper' perfume. Smells kind of unisex, and very aromatic. It's peppery but cold, almost tingling fragrance. Minimal sweetness but enough to make it smell feminine and delicate. When i smell it, i think of rain, thunder and asphalt. This fragrance is calm but full of underlying emotion.

talamantra
talamantra

The best perfumes of Burberry the art without departing from the philosophy of singles are classy sweet believe that they should have vanilla plum in GREECE we have a variety of plum that we say vanilla
The secret to believe that they are without the variation is too great after 1h - 2h or add a dynamic and an ''insolence '' that a pleasant surprise

domodomo
domodomo

I love the scent, though I kind of forgot about it! It smells fresh, crisp, woodsy, and feminine, though it has some nice masculine undertones.

Jama4
Jama4

Urban sheek in a bottle!!

This is a nice green tea / chypre (woody) scent to add to your collection if you are drawn to these notes.

Impressions of EDP:
Initial Sprizt: I smell flowers, green tea, wood and pepper
2 min - 2hrs: it smells a bit odd...like glade gardenia air freshener
2 hrs - 12 hrs: the green tea and cedar notes (which I love) dominate

My skin type: oily /youthful
Office safe: Yes
Projection: arms length
Longevity: 10+ hrs
Timing: can be worn anytime of the year / days and evenings
Packaging: 7/10; standard packaging for a gift set
Price: $39 for
75ml/ 2.53oz EDP,
75 ml / 2.53oz body lotion,
75 ml / 2.53oz shower gel at Winners / TJ Maxx

Will I repurchase: YES

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, the season, and my personal tastes

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

I'm a man, and a very close friend of mine is wearing this. I love it, I feel like a baby every time I'm hugging her. It also gives a wonderful smell to her scarf, that I'm wearing times to times. Reassuring, mature and classy woman scent.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

THE BEAT by Burberry

Dry, spicy, white musky, lightly-earthy, lightly-citric, black tea of low sweetness. Opens with a blast of very dry bergamot, cardamom, and heavy handed dose of biting pink pepper. I get very little sweet mandarin from this one on my skin. Develops further with a rush of unsweetened black tea infused with a hint of earthy iris. Everything is engulfed by a flourish of grainy-lightweight vetiver, white musk, and a sharply lingering cedar finish.

I wouldn’t call it fresh so much as simply dry, bitter, and devoid of any vegetal sweetness throughout development.

I find it prickly and abrasive, attempting to wave the flag of elegance due to the absence of sweetness, and failing rather obviously due to a consistent rasping crudity of grainy bitterness, and an overly dry, harshly-abrasive lack of smoothness that is unrelieved throughout any stage of development.

All in all, it’s rather like a mixture of insect repellent and furniture polish on my skin.

judeaqua
judeaqua

Okay, some people are going to hate me for this review. Hate me I am fine, but I have to get this off my chest once and for all, so I am compelled to write this. I hope its normal to feel this way sometimes with some scents, and I cannot obey 'say nice or nothing' when I feel something is overhyped, when you know there are many scents worth fawning over. Now, I start reading each of the reviews. Each one describes this scent in such varying descriptions. Nobody on earth would be able to decode the descriptions, and understand the scent. But smell this thing, just smell it. And what do I get ? Nothing. I also get nothing mentioned in the notes and descriptions. Aggravates me more than anything else. Reminds someone of Hot couture ??!! my foot also thinks so. Someone thinks its identical to Kenzo Flower ? Rolling eyes ! Truck load of bull crap ! My favourite notes of Tea, cardamom, cedar, vetiver ??! whereee ?? Iris ?! where ?! Pink pepper ?! Where ?! Bergamot ? wheeere man where ?!!! All i get is cough syrup ! Or is it just me ? No. Its not just me. A couple of my friends wear it with great expectations, but I hate to disappoint them, but at the back of my mind I know she smells like an overdose of cough syrup ! This cheap vanilla bug-spray doing this to me and my friends !! AND Beat receives all the various contrasting rave reviews !! AAaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh !!!!!!!!

*_koko_*
*_koko_*

This is a special perfume, for sure.. I find it a perfect choice if you're looking for something good and light, but still feminine.. It starts with an intense note of tea on me, and becomes more floral with time.. I smell the iris, the pepper.. I love it for everyday, it lasts for soo long..and boys seem to appreciate this a lot..

hollyms

The tea in here is very strong, giving it a breath-of-fresh air feel, like you're out by the beach or the mountains. It feels extremely aquatic to me. Personally, I prefer my perfumes to be warm, cozy, and maybe a bit gourmand. This isn't that - it's cold, if anything. But it still smells very nice, and it's super long lasting. Projection is good, too. My boyfriend also goes crazy for this scent.

Britt005
Britt005

i remember having a little sample of this and using it everyday!
the cedar and the musk make it woody and sensual while the citrus and the flowers just give it that tiny bit of freshness that makes it juicy and nice.

efratrav
efratrav

After wearing this, I couldn't fall asleep.. it's so overpowering and heavy..

janelle70
janelle70

Interesting back-story on how this frag was named. Although my rocker chic persona would not wear this to represent itself. However, my serious, slightly-preppy office persona would. :) I like it though -- a good warm fragrance but still wearable in our tropical climate.

isabellacherie
isabellacherie

it is my absolute favourite, it is a very young, unique and vibrand scent :) and it is longlasting i love it!! and if you liked this you should try the EDT versión as well, it is defferent but lovely.

Pinksugarplum03
Pinksugarplum03

Such an amazing scent! It is so beautiful. It's great for day/ night and for any season! It is very long lasting. I get complements whenever I'm wearing it!

arxsyn
arxsyn

Every time i try this i just cannot bear it. The base is thick, headache inducing. Really synthetic too. Ugh

I dismiss it as angel and light blue muddled together with spices.
A more substantial light blue. The tops are so similar

picisziv

Some years ago I owned The Beat and for my bad luck I couldn't wear it for fall too long and it's a shame because this scent embodies fall for me: drinking tea on Saturday mornings in your bed or sitting on the window sill watching the rain, putting on your overused but dear pullover and taking your dog for a walk, kicking into a bale of colorful leaves, a lovely indie song that won't go out of your head for days... It has a really brittish style in my opinion. A typical "your skin, but better" scent with a lot of negligent vibration to it, never too much yet always full of life. This perfume is for dreamers, idealists and for those who like to forget about the world and just enjoy what they're doing. Or not doing. For the "Whatever, I'm happy!" people. The Beat is a whole lifestyle, life from a certain point of view.

RGR
RGR

I like this!

This is some strong perfume! I think the cardamom note is responsible for some people hating this. This starts quite fresh and fruity. It changes until it gives you a spicy, citrus tea-like scent that lasts and lasts through the test of time.

I find The Beat to be quite a rebel. This is not for everyone. This is not a crowd pleaser. This is for someone that goes against the norm, an independent thinker and perhaps has a rocker-type personality. This girl rides a motorcycle and wears leather jackets just like the boys. She really doesn't care if people stare or find her rough around the edges. She dances to the rhythm of her own beat. This is the reason I think this perfume is misunderstood.

I wear this in extremely cold and windy weather because in hot weather it just annoys me by being too rebellious and loud. I wear this when I am feeling brave, independent, rebellious and even risky.

annettepe
annettepe

i dont like this fragrance too much. its a bit too woody for my taste, though the dry down is vanilla which is pleasant. not my type of scent even though its a lot of people's favorite.

Thepeacefulone
Thepeacefulone

I sniffed a sample of Beat today and I loved it! I love tea so this babe is a winner! Bottle looks so innocent :) fragrance is fresh, young almost sexy. This one is for me.

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

Its really strange, that when I got this and sprayed it for the first time, all I got was the bergamot, and I disliked it. Not that I dislike bergamot so much, but citrus is just ubiquitous! And so I think it stayed tucked away for quite a while until recently when I used it again, and loved it. I think I get the occasional whiff of what I'm guessing is the tea...or it might be the pepper, or the vetiver. Whatever it is, that makes this perfume stand out for me. When I first got this, I thought I wouldnt buy another, but now I am not so sure!

However, on the drydown, I feel it smells similar to Burberry by Burberry. Its a little lighter and fresher, but still similar.

zanny
zanny

very fashionable, unique, unforgettable, modern, active but still a little bit feminine. that's all i feel about it <3 i really love this perfume!

Museumgal
Museumgal

The tea is lovely and fresh with the citrus, and the pepper keeps it interesting. The florals and basenotes especially keep this from being a "smelling like a tea shop" tea. Good if you want a tea that has more complexity to it.

sinclame
sinclame

After my successful purchase of Burberry Weekend about a month ago I thought I would give a few other Burberry scents a chance while I was out shopping on date night. I came across The Beat and fell head over heels! I havent had a scent sweep me away like that since Heat by Beyonce 2 years ago.(which is still my signature scent) :D its all of my favorite scents (tea, bergamot, pink pepper, cardamom, iris, and mandarin) all rolled into one. Its stunningly fresh and delicious. I ended up buying the gift set (which included the 50ml parfum, the purse sized 5ml parfum and the body lotion). I will be able to wear it all year round and is now one of my all time favorite scents.

s_athena
s_athena

Meh. Smells generically clean and inoffensive to me. I like it, but I think this is too innocent and... pastel for me. I like scents that are brighter, darker or earthier, not airy pastels. This is like Brit in its powderiness, but even Brit has more interesting bits with the lime-almond combo (and dried apricot-peach accords that I get), and less airy musk. Stick with Brit, even if everyone else has it. You might as well wear what everyone else has if you're going to blend into the crowd as much as this one does.

aliabooboo
aliabooboo

I always spray this on my clothes because it feels like a refreshing non-invasive lift me up. I don't feel obnoxious wearing this perfume in public areas such as the office or public transit. The top note carries a grape-y kind of smell to me, like grape candy. But that just might be "mandarin orange" ... or "pink pepper", whatever that is.

Cams
Cams

A fresh, well-made and just beautiful scent. I have the EDT and the EDP and they both have their distinct, though similiar, personality. I absolutely love wearing them both - I just feel a little more dressed up in this one. A new favourite!

arimegahot
arimegahot

me pareció buena, para uso diario y de día. es limpio y femenino, pero no me parece nada audaz, me gustan los perfumes que llaman más la atención y este me parece un tanto aburrido

Lerior
Lerior

Works for men too! (If you like 1 Million you'll probably like this!). It's so fresh and clean. I've got many compliments wearing this one!

Guys, go for it! It's not very feminine. In fact, there are many fragrances marketed towards men much more feminine than this.

octobersun
octobersun

It is soft, clean tender, fresh but also in a way warm, slightly soapy, just a bit sweet. Safe choice, very wearable, especially for work, university... It will never offend anybody, that's for sure.

Sarahem
Sarahem

This is my signature scent.

It is light and natural. It is refreshing, yet warm and comforting. Not overpowering. My friends always say how good it smells (I spritz the EDP on the back of my neck so my hair whips the scent around).

The sensation is young, ambition, flirty, and innocent. I think the key to finding your signature scent is not trying to adapt yourself to the scent, but finding the scent that adapts to you--as this scent does for me. People say that this perfume smells like me, as it should be one with the person who wears it and represents their personality, energy, and essence. I love this scent.

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

I'll agree with the posters that say this is nothing extraordinary, however, sometimes life just calls for that. Today it's going to be super hot and is already humid as heck in VA. I'm at the office. Perfect summertime, hot weather, office scent. It isn't cloying, but just leaves me feeling fresh even though I'll be soggy by the end of the day from this heat.

Aspendina
Aspendina

wow I am beating myself up now for pass this up at Ross all those times I saw it. This is amazing its like a spicy version of Anna Sui's Sui Dreams I LOVE this.

Edit: I actually get ALOT of vanilla from this even though I don't see vanilla in the notes. I am having a problem with the staying power even though its an edp,it wears so close to the skin that its crazy, I can barely even smell it on my clothes after a few minutes. I was ready to buy this but I will have to think it over a bit as no perfume is worth any amount of money if u or anyone else can't smell it on you, but good god its such an amazing scent.

acavicchi
acavicchi

I love Burberry Perfumes (especially Burberry Brit, Brit Sheer and Burberry woman) and was excited to try The Beat after reading so many positive reviews but it just did not work for me. I got hit with this strong wave of musk and then a lot of notes that, to me, didn't seem to work all that well together. To me, the cardamom and iris along with the musk were just too much. My husband wasn't impressed with it, either, and actually wrinkled up his nose when he smelled my wrist. Ah well, you can't win them all...

Most of all I feel the bergamot, pepper and iris notes in this fragrance. I don't like it. It doesn't seem to me interesting at all.

Behnisch
Behnisch

Clean, generic, girly. Nothing to be surprised of. Smells a lot like Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture. My suggestion is don't buy it! There are a lot of other fruity florals out there that are way better than this one such as Lola, Oh Lola by Marc Jacobs, J'adore, The one. There are millions! Buy it as a gift for someone who's not really into fragrances, that girl will love it.

brettashley
brettashley

My review keeps getting eaten by the site, so I'll shorten it to say this: The Beat is a nice, fresh, and clean scent, mostly citrus and tea. Like most Burberry perfumes, notes like vetiver and musk remain tamed and civilized. It's very office appropriate, feminine, and great for warmer weather. When I first smelled it on my friend, I thought it was pleasant enough - minutes later, it bloomed into something downright lovely. It's not something I would ever pick up myself, but I love catching a whiff of it on other people.

sofababe
sofababe

Sweet spicy tea is very refreshing on a warm sunny day, and so is its fragrance twin, Burberry Beat.
It dries down to an almost soapy base (the powdery iris?) but remains delightful all along. Projection is average, longevity the same. Not my favourite Burberry but I like it very much.

Elenkina
Elenkina

Loved this musky fragrance. Was warming me up during a winter couple of years ago. Nice and light and yet warm fragrance. Really liked it.

tcb3
tcb3

There's just something about this perfume. I loveloveloved it when it was in the bottle, but really the base notes are a little more ahead of my time than I'd prefer. On my skin it turns a little dreary, nothing mindnumbing but just boring.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I must note that The Beat Elixir perfume is the best version of this: fresh iris-tea and clean musk scent, very long-lasting, perfect for spring time. Get the Elixir version, if you can.

alyaa
alyaa

This is a nice fresh sweet scent, inoffensive, low silage, more suited to the office and hot summers. However, it doesnt last on my skin and I had to spray it so often, the bottle didnt even last a month. So lovely as it is, I am not buying it again.

Fellda
Fellda

Burberry the beat is my signature scent. In 1 year I buy 3 bottle....luv it so much. I prefer the edp. Young, feminine, but sexy...long last in my skin

Very fresh and elegant, great tea-note in top. I think the beat will be great in springtime. I like it alot.

Väldigt fräsch och elegant. Härlig te-not i toppnoten. Tror denna är en suverän vår/sommardoft. Gillar den skarpt.

mellisa
mellisa

I used The Beat like 2 years ago, and I can still remember the sweet and calm scent it brought me. suitable for those who doesn't like heavy sharp scent, this one is soft musk, light tangerine and bit of tea (not that recognizable), to me it gives calming effect and bit of femininity, not in a floral way that girls usually like. recommended for simple-easy person.

librarygirl
librarygirl

At first I get a big hit of citrus, that quickly morphs into a creamy sweetness that is also a bit musky.

I really like it and think it suits me best for autumnal days and nights.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Couldn't smell it as soon as I sprayed it on. I don't know: maybe I'm immune to Burberry since I have never understood what's so great about their perfumes.

geisha_girl47
geisha_girl47

there is something comforting and familiar about this perfume that i just cant put my finger on. when i first smelt it (while it was still in the bottle) it smelt kind of like burberry brit sheer and then when i put it on it kind of smelt like old lady for a couple of seconds before it turned into a really lovely scent. I cant pick out what it really smells like, it just smells to me like a nice warm bed when it is cold and raining outside. definately a winter scent on me

susan1326
susan1326

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde! Begins with a unisex, woodsy, citrusy vibe and then morphs into a beautiful floral-fruity scent. Truly it wears like two different perfumes on me. And I happen to like both of them. I wear it when I want a bit of funky, modern edge (I am 48-never let it be said that perfumes are for suggested age groups). I like the unisex opening notes for a shocker, them the warm, creamy dry down to a "real" lady's perfume. A great confidence building scent!

venclips
venclips

Love at first sniff with this perfume. From the first spray it's smell tea and i can smell mandarin orange here, it is so fresh. After 15 minutes it's turn floral, a bit sweet (typical of Burberry's fragrance) maybe it's because of pink pepper on the notes, powdery and earthy. It is so soft, suitable for day and night time in all seasons, for everyday use. If you bored with floral fragrance, this one maybe will be the right choice. Nice fragrance. I'm gonna buy it!!

addictedtoperfumes
addictedtoperfumes

I love how amazing and fresh The Beat smells. It's totally a day-morning perfume for me. Feels so energetic and refreshed. Definitely will purchase it when I finish the perfumes I have now.

djleung
djleung

It is light and floral woodsy, and I find that I love musky, earthy smells. However, I also have a very sensitive nose, and the first hour...BURNED. Don't try this if you have a sensitive nose. This is the first Burberry that burns my nose.

stephanie.hotz
stephanie.hotz

I really like this perfume, it's fruity and woody, but not too much. Just enough to make it a natural/fresh scent vs an overly sweet or oriental one.

asantangelo
asantangelo

Burberry markets this fragrance as being inspired by British indie rock bands, and somehow I get just that from this perfume. It has a fun combination of masculine and feminine reminding me of that connectedness between people when you go to concerts. There is a great cardamom spicy note that makes this fragrance both unique and fresh. Cardamom is one of the brightest smelling spices and this fragrance just makes you want to jump up and down in a mosh pit (if those things existed anymore).

jenny2301
jenny2301

I was so excited to try this perfume because of the pink pepper, but I was disappointed... It just smelt like pure pepper on me...not a very feminine scent...everyone seems to really like it...did I smell a bad batch? I wanted to like it soo much...I ended up smelling burberry brit and London too...to me London came out on top!

bhardjayne@bellsouth.net
bhardjayne@bellsouth.net

This is a classy, fresh smelling piece of heaven. It is absolutely wonderful. I am not young, and do not feel as if is necessarily a youthful fragrance. I own more than 25 fragrances from paramount perfume houses/designer. Burberry the Beat has collateral distiction. It's a classy, unamplified piece of work!!

sezza899
sezza899

I love, love, love this perfume.
I've been wearing it on and off since it was released in 2008. I work in the perfume section of a department store, so I smell loads of perfume each day, but for some reason I keep coming back to this.
A few things I have noticed:
- This smells very different on different skins. I get many compliments when I wear this, but I girl I know also wears it and on her skin it smells quite different.
- It smells quite strongly of cleaning products on the tester cards, so you really have to put it on your skin to get a good smell.
- Yes it does wear off during the day and doesn't last as long as some like, but for me that is ok - scents that stay strong all day like Marc Jacobs Lola for example - tend to give me a headache and make me sneeze, so I like the way this mellows out.
- I don't really notice the citrus notes when i wear it, more the base woody notes with a hint of floral.

Overall this is a great fragrance that I really love and I hope will be around for many more years to come!

aquinnah

i am 24.my first perfume was Davidoff cool water woman and it was summer.so for winter i was looking for a woody floral and I ended up with The BEAT.With both,i didnt really like the top notes initially but I grew to like them both eventually.I also got Burberry classic;couldnt like it though i wanted to.It was luckily a 30 ml;i gave it away to my aunt.now its a fruity floral on my list next.Viva la juicy?

aquinnah

I love Dominique Ropion, but I tend to find his group collaborations less compelling than his solo work, much of which is masterful. Same for Béatrice Piquet, may she rest in peace. I definitely do not want to suggest that in Burberry THE BEAT there were too many cooks in the kitchen—this is certainly not an unwearable mess! But I do think that this composition falls squarely into a currently crowded category of the grand olfactory map. Among other close neighbors are Calvin Klein BEAUTY and DKNY PURE.

THE BEAT edp is a clean musk composition with some florality and spice (cardamom) but not enough to really mark itself off as very distinct from the many other perfumes with similar compositions (albeit variations in the small details...). Another problem that I have with THE BEAT is my bête noire of dilution. I have used about half my roller ball cylinder (which I however have sprayed on, since I think that I get a better sense of a perfume through that means of application) in only two wearings. I generally dislike roller balls—with their childproof safety features making it impossible to overapply—but in this case all of the effort is for naught. Detach the roller and pour this liquid all over yourself: you will still not be over-perfumed. So, yes, the sillage is low and the longevity poor.

All of that said, I'm sure that THE BEAT would work for those looking for inoffensive clean musk compositions with a slightly oriental quality. Although this fragrance is a tad bit sweet, some guys may like it as well.

hollyms

I cannot make up my mind about this one. Every time I smell it, it leaves a huge amount of SOMETHING lacking, and I keep going back to smell it to try to "process" the scent but I just can't. My first impression, honestly, was that this smelled exactly like soap. So it's an extremely clean scent, and also quite masculine - I'd say the most masculine off all the Burberry perfumes. This is something I'd wear when I don't want others to think I'm wearing perfume. It would definitely be safe for work since it has about zero projection. The scent doesn't come across as complex and is definitely "safe."

I'm probably going to try to get rid of this bottle. If you are interested please contact me (I have the 2.5oz EDT with the WHITE top).

I LOVE The Beat, but I am so disappointed in the sillage of the EDP! It really only lasted an hour on my skin before it became almost undetectable.

Cardamom is one of my favorite notes, and it's so nice and strong here. Considering there is a significant amount of Indian influence in London (I hear Chicken Tiikka Masala is England's favorite food, lol!), I like how Burberry recognizes and embraces that influence with cardamom, tea, pepper, and bergamot. The Beat contains these exotic notes, yet it does not make me feel like I'm in India the way Penhaligon's Malabah does. The drydown is pretty mundane--soft, with a faint whisper of vetiver. Not so exotic as the first 60 minutes.

In comparison to Burberry's other perfumes, The Beat is youthful, urban, and modern. If only it had the sillage of Angel.

Lee79
Lee79

Kinda fresh and sweet. Some Floral in there. I guess its a pretty good mix of scents. Not my favorite from Burberry, but still wearable.

katelynclaredoyle
katelynclaredoyle

I love this perfume. It smells classy, fresh, and chic. After a while, when it mixes with my skin chemistry, I smell a bit of sweetness that really ties it together.

princess27
princess27

its such a great perfume ,works in the night but more in the day time
one of my friends have it and it just drives me crazy
i have to have this one soon !!!it's so feminine and sexy as hell!!

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

I really like this perfume, it's warm, rich, luxurious, and makes me feel very feminine. I have a miniature bottle and tried it on last winter. It's more a fall/winter fragrance, I find it too rich for summer.
It's also a great scent to wear during the evening.

SheShe
SheShe

Now this is a surprise, The Beat doesn't match its advertisement at all - at least in my opinion.

I remember the first time I sprayed on my skin. I thought it's interesting. But in the heart notes the scent became sad like flowers on a cemetery and I was surprised where the beat and the crazy girl from an ad were. The fragrance became sad-stiffy-white with green plant parts standing in water for too long. A bit powdery (orris?)Black English sense of humour?

Finally I thanked and said good-bye.

Conacha
Conacha

I got this as a gift set: a 50 ml bottle, a 7,5 ml spray and a body lotion.
The Beat starts citrusy and fresh, bergamot is definitely there along with some pepper that gives the fragrance something interesting. When it settles on my skin, it loses the citrusy-fresh start and feels creamier, being the tea note the star here.
It's a nice, uncomplicated and clean scent but not the kind of "fresh out of the shower" but more like a breeze in a hot day. Don't expect to be completely surprised with this because after a few minutes it's quite linear, it doesn't develope to something different... it doesn't matter if you spray it on your clothes, it won't ruin the smell.
It last quite decently on my skin but the projection or sillage is almost none. This is a close to skin smell and there isn't a point of overdoing, so you can spray with liberty (actually, you can bathe in the stuff and you won't choke anyone)... but beware!! The spray is quite liberal with the amount of juice you get with one squirt.
If it works with your skin chemestry, this is an everyday scent, the one you don't have to think about it too much and it feels warm and cozy, which is why I love it. Boring and plain if you want to impress or for formal events, definitely no one will remember this. Works better in a hot day.
Would I buy it again? I don't know, I love it but there are so many more scents to try out, more interesting ones and with more sillage... but The Beat is a fragrance I'd love to have near just for the sake of having something safe.

bra_chorni
bra_chorni

i used to hate this one.i bought it in a warmer climate,tried to wear it,it was too sickly sweet warm and musky.now its sept,its getting chilly,i have began to like it,stays on for a long time,i feel warm and cozy when i wear this,i am reaching for it a lot more often.

sofiii
sofiii

The Beat is so not my cup of tea from the beginning to the end, so are nearly all Burberry perfumes.
The Beat starts really plastic-glue-y smelling and then turns really sticky, warm and sweet, with a tiny bit tangerine-y hint in the background, which is like a failed combo between Gucci Flora(for the sickly sweetness) and Moschino Funny!(for the tangerine, citrusy smell).

Later on, it just fades to something a wishy-washy and lukewarm version of the above.

Maybe it's skin chemistry, sorry The Beat, I've tried.
If you had trouble with some other Burberry perfumes or Chopard Happy Spirit, skipping this one wouldn't make you miss out much.

miss-baksel1988
miss-baksel1988

I absolutely loved this scent. It's sexy, fresh, not too overwhelming but definitly "there".
Only, my bottle broke, started leaking in my purse and I somehow couldn't spray anymore.
Such a waste, I really loved this perfume.

orange123
orange123

Not a very interesting fragrance. At least on me, it smells like laundry soap. Clean smell, but also like I showered and forgot to rinse... Not for me. Staying power is moderate on this one.

greydove
greydove

I can't say that its a bad fragrance. Its more like a beginner's scent; something for a young person who doesn't want to think too much about what they're wearing, but just wants to smell "good," and fit in... A touch of dirty, smokey musk at the opening bestows an air of "rebellion" that leads to a warm vanilla/clean-laundry drydown.

PerfumeFanatic2874
PerfumeFanatic2874

between versace bright crystal and burbery beat i chose beat because the smell stays on for long time. it smells pretty warm, hot, oriental to me..

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I am the lucky owner of a little bottle of Beat Elixir, received in a swap. I must say that it's sheer beauty, despite the fact that being the elixir de perfume version ( and very pricey), it should have had better silage. But the lasting power is great.
This scent smells dusty silver like the gorgeous bottle it came from. The iris ( roots and flowers) are the most dominant note; the typical powder is there. The carrot blast ( see Hiris ) is not here. A sweetness envelopes the whole scent, top to bottom, in a very refined way; it must the hyacinth.
I have 3 iris based scent as favorites, and I have yet to decide which one is best: Hiris by Hermes, or Iris Nobile ( edp ) from Aqua di Parma, or Burberry Beat Elixir.
While I am not familiar with the edt or edp version of this perfume, but I see that they are very affordable at online retailers, I have to give Beat ( at least in elixir form ) a perfect 10.

LaPetite
LaPetite

It's quite an ordinary scent , neutral , calm .
Nothing innovative or daring, just safe . Not too original, not too girly , not too granny , not too strong , not very feminine either .
Just ok ...

picisziv

I got The Beat from my boyfriend and I hardly stand by a scent, but I am sure I will repurchase when I run out of it. Let me tell you a nice story of mine about this scent.
This May I was an exchange student in Transylvania with my class and, of course, I took the really bests of my perfume collection with myself. I showed my host some well known beauties, like Chanel COCO Mademoiselle and Dior Midnight Poison, but Burberry The Beat was her sheer favourit.
Laura - that was her name - lived in very poor conditions (I mean toilet was only in the garden, the water was taken from their well and it was extremely cold and slowly warming…). I wondered if she will ever have the chance to purchase The Beat, so when they returned I gifted her a 75 ml bottle at the farewell. She couldn’t stop telling me that I really shouldn’t have… she was so pleased and delighted. She loved me and being here very very much, but I think my gift made her leave even harder. She promised me we gonna meet again and asked me to visit her if I ever go around.
The Beat is always a nice scent and hundreds of memories for my senses. Not a scent ’I like but nothing wow about it’. No, it’s a scent I adore. Can’t explain why, but if you liked Serena’s casual style in Gossip Girl Season 1, you just know what is that ’more’

UPDATE
This is even better when you do some phisical effort. Sweating and doing gymnastics make the scent somehow different what is adorable in summer.

uwoduhi

I'm in love. This perfume is absolutely amazing. On me, it's very citrusy at first (I can definitely smell the bergamot and tea) but soon becomes very warm and woodsy.

Overall, I find it to be a very nice, subtly sexy fragrance; perfect for every day. Love, love, love it. Of course, I haven't smelled a Burberry perfume I don't like. :)

marad
marad

It's not a loud perfum, nothing special but still suitable for morning. I smell nothing in common with coco madmoiselle and miss dior because to my opinion the latters smell in the end more like citrus and pink pepper though The Beat ends to me like powder and pink pepper. At least to my opinion.
I got The Beat as a present and I spay myself now(spring time) in the morning I find it just good nothing more.

icekat
icekat

THE BEAT is like an iced tea served on the hot afternoon in a trendy café somewhere in the artsy area of a city, perhaps London (in my imagination) or Toronto (where I live in reality). Light, unisex and upbeat, THE BEAT is a great perfume when I want to hang out with my friends, listen to my brother’s band to improv and enjoy fun and casual atmosphere. It goes great with jeans and I never have to worry about overpowering the crowd around me. It is nice and refreshing when it is hot or when you are in a crowded place. The bottle is cute and trendy too. Burberry I think did a great job to reflect the modern, fun and upbeat spirit in this juice.

The opening is citrus fresh. It tickles my nose with a load of pepper and cardamom. The lemony iced tea notes are quite noticeable in the beginning and in the heart notes. There is just a hint of hyacinth but the tea prevails. The base notes are ruled by the vetiver and musk. It is a bit dry and a bit masculine but also very contemporary, chic, and carefree.

The longevity and sillage are medium. If you are looking for light, casual but trendy and fun fragrance then this one will fit the bill.
(This review is for Eau de Parfum)

Lilii
Lilii

I dont think this one is fresh at all
It is creamy,...smell likes most body lotions. somehow boring...I tested it on my cloth at 9 in the morning and it was still there at night.
Can be a suitable non offensive day/office perfume. it is creamy and not loud. but not sth romantic or sexy either.

Amylene
Amylene

very strange feeling about this one. It starts off as fresh and light, and in 5 minutes turns into something sweet and vanillish. I love the Burberry house, but the Beat is the exception - won't buy it.

melimelo87
melimelo87

Very fresh and clean scent. I went back to try it every time I was at the mall and every time I liked it more.
Its perfect for summer or spring when you need a clean scent that makes you feel fresh and feminine.
The lasting power is quite oke and the notes are really nice and calming at the end.

evagetix
evagetix

I used to have this when it first came out. I wore it every single day and never got tired of it plus received complements all the time. after a while when everybody started to realize that Burberry had launched a new perfume called The Beat, everybody was buying it and everybody was having the same scent on and it put me down a lot. However I must admint that this perfume is really addictive and it stays long. On my skin it smells more citrus and the drydown is soapy and very pleasant. love it!

andrevarx
andrevarx

An EDT with the elegance of the brand, but tailored for young girls, this scent is very playful, sexy, but elegant enough for holding special nights. Recommended.

alicektn
alicektn

This is a floral woody musk with a slightly spicy vanilla added. Somehow the base makes it smell very deep, by the way very similar to Burberry women! Cedar and Vanilla. The Beat in addition has more fruitiness on the top notes (I could smell peach) and powdery notes of iris and tea. Very cosy and comfortable perfume. I feel exactly like my self whem I am smelling it! I like it best in hotter temperatures, when it gets more powdery and woody. In colder weather it gets muskier and the fruity notes get more pronounced.

Petite poupée
Petite poupée

To me, the top notes only smell of coconut. So much coconut that no heart- or base notes in the world can make up for it. The EdT is really lovely though.

mrs.Bond
mrs.Bond

It smells fresh and sweet,very pleasant,you can wear it every day all year round.I can also smell the tea note in it and for some reason also a bit vanilla,although there isn't any of it in the ingrediants.I like it.

charlottesmom

I'm now testing this on my skin and so far so good, someone else mentioned that this smells similar to D&G The One, I own The One and B-TB does resemble a very light version of The One (to my untrained nose anyways), which is good because The One is one of my favorite perfumes but it is VERY strong! I border on a headache whenever I wear it (and I only spray 2 sprays, so it's not me overdoing it). This is a LIKE at first sniff perfume, I may buy the rollerball if it continues to smell so nice on me.

charlottesmom

This review is just for the scent on a tester strip. I was already coated on both arms with other scents so I only tested this one on paper. That being said I Love it!!! I can't stop sniffing the tester strip...it's just Yummy! I'll update when I actually get a spray on my skin but so far it's wonderful!

Rav Pahud
Rav Pahud

Gave this to my girlfriend, but she never like the smells.. she told it smells like cough syrup medicine... well I put it on, the smells great on me though! ... I think this perfume is made for women that wanna smells masculine or feels masculine... it reacts differently on body chemistry...good projection and staying power... use this sometimes for strolling around the neighborhood in the afternoon...

moly
moly

It's a pleasant scent, however I would not call it sweet like many other reviewers. On my skin it's dry, subtle and slightly spicy, I can smell cardamom and pepper, than tea, but it is not offensive, I agree with those who say it's perfect office fragrance. Optimistic and comforting.

Ladysong
Ladysong

Girly, playful, sweet and optimistic. I wear it when I want sweetness in my life, and it's almost always reflected back at me. Most people I know like this one, and it makes a good gift, as it tends to smell good (though slightly different) on everyone.

Lottis
Lottis

A pleasant freshness of pepper and citrus.
The flowers are a bit neglected but the Hiacynth step up mostly on me.
The aroma of tea, softning musk and a litla bit of wood is the "thing" in The Beat for me - very nice perfume.
A spring-perfume, I would say.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

Bought this at a massive discount, un-sniffed, and whilst I'm not disappointed exactly, I'm certainly glad I didn't pay full price. It is indeed a very pleasant, sweet, clean and refreshing scent (quite reminiscent to my mind of many of the simple and clean scents so fashionable in the '90s), but there's something lacking in it for me. It's nice enough to finish the bottle with no problems, but definitely wouldn't re-purchase. In fact finishing the bottle definitely won't be an issue as I have to re-apply at least twice a day. I find the longevitiy terrible, which is odd for me as I usually don't have problems with that even with edts, as scents seem to stick to my skin like glue. However this wafts away to almost nothing after an hour or two, even when applied liberally. A teensy bit disappointing basically.

Cereza
Cereza

This is definetely a crowd pleaser and if you want to please a friend of yours and you know she is not on fragrantica and haven't tested gazzilions of perfumes, then The Beat would be a perfect gift. It's a nice sweet floral with actually nothing special there. Ok, the sillage is average and the lasting power for modern fumes are quiet ok, but there is nothing surprising. And I need surprising. But, ok, this could make a good "go to" scent for office.

adele l
adele l

Have to say everything i've tried from burberry is very nice- classy, easy to wear and slightly sweet- the beat is no different except it's sweeter. Burberry classic is still the most beautiful imho! The beat is definitely suitable for young women who don't want to smell of a fruity cocktail (like so many perfumes on the market).

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Pleasant. The perfume of a woman who wants to be taken seriously, but with an unexpected sweet side. It can also be grassy and a bit bitter like green tea that has gotten cold after steeping too long. Sometimes the underlying woodsy sweetness seems off the beat relative to the other tones. An idiosyncratic fragrance for the woman who defies categorization, assertive without losing any femininity.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

The Beat is soft, tender, and relaxed, like the beat of a soft jazz song. The hiacynth is dominent in the middle notes, so comfortable. I can also smell some elements of creamy or gourmand. An enjoyable scent for any age / any season.

abrynt
abrynt

I just love it..love it..love it..its warm and soft feeling that I recognized every time I smell it,I fell in love with it since the first time I smell it..

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

For me this goes in the same intersting, unusual and pleasant direction as DSquared She Wood. Strong vetiver and vanilla is what I get from top to base. But while She Wood is prominent in violets and something ozone-ish, The beat is sweetened with a little bit of vanilla and refreshed by green tea and pepper. The opening is very strong, almost masculine,then it settles down to a more tempered, powdery scent. The Beat is sweet,woody and mossy on my skin. I'm not much into violets, so prefer it over She wood, which on the other hand is extremely long lasting. I find the Beat EDP too heavy for the summer heat, but it's perfect in autumn and winter, as I feel the soft floral notes in it. For me it's this kind of straight ahead scent for a woman who knows her game, but also knows when to show her tender side. It's a great way to escape when you are tired of fruity florals or gourmands. I can't agree with those who define it as boring, generic, not to say disappointing. I think its only downside is the lasting power on skin(5 h at best), but on hair and clothes it's fantastic
Do I feel conformist because I don't like the uber-edgy stuff - NO. Do I like The beat - YES, it's lovely.
The EDT of the Beat is definitely more fruity and light and more suitable for summer, even thogh it misses out on longevity and complexity.

jedziah
jedziah

The Beat is a warm, modern, sensuous fragrance that skirts around being overly feminine. It starts with a citrusy/luscious fruit and pink peppery zing, then mellows into a lush floral with a smooth, earthy black tea. It then finishes with an bit of a clean skin scent with a touch of masculine cedar. The Beat isn't overly heavy and unfortunately doesn't last too long on skin (about 2 hrs on me), but lasts much longer and will have more "ooompf" if misted on your clothes. The flask-shaped bottle has great tactile appeal and makes you want to tuck it in your garter just to keep it near...

JOAN
JOAN

Fresh,floral,clean-soapy and so bubbly...I wore this perfume for a week and I had never recieved so many compliments,everyone asked what I was wearing!!!Delicate scent very feminine and perfect for daily use.When i wear it....i just feel the BEAT.......!!!

I had this EDP and gotta give way because it was way too strong for me. The beat got louder and louder as I wore it to the point that caused my head to spin every time. It seemed pointless to even have tea note in here. Anyway, I loved the way it smelled. It's just nice musky floral and squeaky soapy clean. It's different in a synthetic kind of way from any others I have had. EDT would be a beter option, I think.

solsekuin44
solsekuin44

My perfume: Burberry the Beat EDP 50ml

-It smells modern, sophisticated, feminine
-Very pleasant to the nose, not nauseating
-The white musk makes this floral woody perfume so soft
-Soft floral, musky
-Worth buying! ♥♥♥

♦Suits: Teenagers, young woman
♦Best worn: Daily, office, leisure

-Long lasting, 6-7 hours
-After that, a soft smell of it lingers
-The bubbles are small, slowly pops (when the bottle is shaken) = Long lasting ^^
-My favorite!

perfumepsych
perfumepsych

AN AMAZING PERFUME! ONE OF MY FAVOURITES!
IT IS MOOD LIFTING, ROMANTIC, SWEET, FLOWERY WITH THE CEYLON TEA NOTE WHICH I LOVE!
IT IS VERY LONG LASTING WITH GREAT SILLAGE! I ALWAYS GET COMPLIMENTED WHEN I WEAR IT!

Migotka
Migotka

Out of all the maintream brands, I think Burberry is the one that in many ways suits me best.

There were times that I wore Weekend a lot and I still find it beautiful, although I associate it with a person once dear to me and I dont want to go back to those times.

The Beat is a modern, fun fragrance. It is something I will spray on myself when I go out shopping, for a casual meeting with a friend that I dont want to suffocate with incence, etc. Cardamon, pink pepper, tea and vetyver are what makes it great for me. A bit spicy, distinctive, but at the same time blending with the surroundings. Modern is the key to understand it: it might not be classic, but is still elegant. It is sweet thanks to the vanilla, but it does not make you think of food.

It is not a scent that cries loudly to other passerbys "Im here!!!". It doesnt attack passengers on the bus. I can put my mp3 player on, take my handbag, put some The Beat and enjoy my day:)

Lance
Lance

This is so much better than the male one, it's sweet and comfortable. While The Beat For Men is cloying and harsh.
When you walk in a room with some guy uses it, you can easily recognize, it make you feel uncomfortable!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Modern, modern, modern-but clever and smells nice. Uplifting without being
refreshing-

Opens rather sweet and fruity and maintains some fruited overtone without smelling like any particular fruit-has a citric tartness, the not too strong pepper taste, young powderiness...and the cedar which isn't astringent, but lends its pallor and dryness in good contrast to the minimalistic floral heart with the touch of green tea.

Very likeable and "plain good" even if synthetic-a good synthetic scent that does not smell synthetic in the sense of plastic or factories. Doesn't smell like anything in nature, but smells comfortable anyhow.

Burberry fragrances don't appeal to my sense of style--they're more cute than elegant-- but I've liked very much each that I have tried! However, each Burberry fragrance I've tried is bursting with a powderiness that remains in the boundary of pleasant, but if any of the line manages to be more powdery or sweeter, or go further with a synthetic edginess, I wouldn't like it.

swedeangel
swedeangel

Wondered if it would fit me,im not young ,sassy ,brittish.. im 44 ,would it smell silly on me? But no ,i fell in love with it. It has a delicate topnote of mandarine,peach ,vetiver ,so fresh ! and then, the warm ,modern aftersmell.. the tea-thing ,the wood,softened by flowers.. it foxy and still you can wear it around the clock

orangeandyellow
orangeandyellow

Their advertising campaign was wayyy off. I don't know how they found artic monkeys to have any connection with this fragrance- to me it smells like something an intelligent, sophistocated woman with an established career would smell like...not a rock and roll indie kid. I love this perfume :)

Puma
Puma

I believe it has something in comman with I love love by Moshino.
It's so fresh and in the same time so sour... Mebye it is because of pink pepper?
I don't like it at all.

LoveLy
LoveLy

i love love love this perfume and i am surprised by the negative reviews of it ...it is a different scent than that of the other bruberry scents and i like that i defintiely have to go pick up a bottle

misscareyann

UPDATE:
I wore this to work last night and I had never recieved so many compliments on how nice I smelled. People asked what I was wearing, and told me I smelled so fresh and clean. I also felt clean throughout my shift when I reapplied the scented lotion after washing my hands. Wonderful, fun fragrance.

misscareyann

The first burst of citrus and pink pepper is my favorite. On my skin, it quickly dries to a very powdery scent with a slight spicy floral hiding underneath.
I would say that The Beat could easily translate into a unisex fragrance. There is definitely a masculine quality to this scent, but I still feel feminine while wearing it.

guest_pearly
guest_pearly

A fun fragrance that combines florals, citrus - tea, powdery musk and a hint of wood. Brings out the london girl in all of us.

Why this is an Eau De Parfum, Ive no idea, since the lasting power is not very long lasting at all.

recommeded for late teens - mid thirtees.

Updating my review:
The smell is wonderful. The first spritz reaaly gets me into it: delicious bergamote and pepper. But after 3 hours it gets very close to the skin. I can only smell it right if I get my arm close to my nose.
So, again, I repeat: it could be considered an EDT instead of a EDP.

But I still love it. Yesterday I bought a 75ml flask (and I still have my 30ml).

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

At first application I love this scent! I think the bergamot, pink pepper, citrus and hyacinth are wonderful together. I also feel like it could be worn by men as well since the vetiver & cedar are so pronounced. But........ as others have stated before me, the lasting power is so weak. I'm wondering do I still have it on?

hotaru
hotaru

THE BEAT is what you'd wear if you want to feel life-living, active and smiling all day long.

THE BEAT is an oddity in my perfume wardrobe since i love this one even it contains vetiver meanwhile my nose tends to hate vetiver.

this fragrance opens with a soft and bitter note; later it turns to more deep and softer scent; but starts to smell like floral-scented baby powder; but the baby here aged like 20's. i cannot describe it well becos its scent is simple but has a deeper meaning.

and yet again, the vetiver ends really different than the other fragrances i've ever tried. it is not annoying, it is energizing and make you feel like you can do anything.

one slight problem, it has poor staying power. it will fade away in 2 hours top. i live in tropical country, so no problem with me, anyway, i work at home so i dont have to impress anyone but my hubby who always give me compliment when i wear this :)

rainydays
rainydays

Smelled the EdT in the mall and ADORED it. It was fresh and bright, like a cool and sunny spring day, but the pepper gave it an exciting kick. I bought a bottle of the EdP, brought it home, and was horrified. It was like very bad men's cologne, so bad it made me gag. I exchanged it for something else. Dunno what happened, but I seriously suggest trying out the eau de toilette and eu de parfum separately to make sure they don't react differently with you're body chem.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Except the flowers I would never guess other upper notes in Beat. Bergamot and tea can easy elope from your olfactory radar while sniffing this sweet-candy-girly-wacky fusion.

Musk is the base note I recognize, cause from the flowery start the lingeringly landing is creamy and powdery.

This is long lasting and mind occupying smell, it is hard not to notice him. Suits the spring and fall days, better for younger population (define young?!), casual style.

Beat is trendy, nutty, lively, daft and kicking creation.

It is not the beat which makes me move, but everyone else should give it a try.

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

I felt in love with this parfume more than one year ago. But the lastingpower is weak. One week ago i bought Caline by Gres, wow, nearly similar with better stayingpower and better prices.If you love the beat i suggest to try caline by gres.

mmizy
mmizy

really like this fragrance. Its my sisters signature scent. It is a nice change from the fruity florals that you use in summer and spring.
In the beginning it seems like a unisex scent due to the pepper and the cedar but at the drydown i smell an almost vanilla-ish finish. Probably a combination of the tea and vetiver. Its is an uplifting fragrance and helps put a little pep your step.
Very modern and fresh and lovely. A perfect option when you don't want something too light or too heavy.

dina

It's rather sweet and floral, somehow on my skin, it smells like sun tan oil. Yet, it doesnt stay long. I'd say it's good for day or office use. Also, it has some similarity with Brit (original one).

Trvevil
Trvevil

I didn't expect anything special out of this and when I sprayed it on my wrist I just got common sweet floral perfume.
But later.. I discovered how nice is it! In my opinion this perfume is very nice one- still sweet florals, but blended with citruses very well just like Brit is. I think if you love Brit you will love this one too. It's delicate yet longlasting and has medium intensity, it's sweet, but is perfectly balanced by citruses.

randik
randik

The perfume smells divine the first two minutes - then the scent turns into a heavy sweetness that is nothing short of "Exclamation!" Yes, I know...
Still, as I've said, it starts off VERY well: It has a fizzy lightness which is very invigorating and truly sanguine. It is a young kind of scent and nothing I would buy personally, still with the right body chemistry this could be a smashing perfume!

I found this one overpowering. After reading all these rave reviews, I tried it at a shop and was turned off immediately. I gave it another 45 minutes or so to see if it would develop into something nicer but I just found the musk heavy and opaque and couldn't wait to wash it off. When I got home and asked my husband what he thought, he said "Oh. That's not so nice." I love Brit, but it seems to be the only Burberry fragrance I like so far.

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

The Beat is a bit different then any other perfumes i have. It is less feminine then i usually go for but i think its a lovely fragrance! x

Rock´n´roll
Rock´n´roll

I Really like this one, It will suit great on hot summer days, it´s very fresh and feminim.... But not very longlasting on me... :S

Even tough it feminin it has a masculine hint to it, but its not a bad thing :)

I have now used up my second 50 ml bottle, and, it actually last a really long time on my skin... :) and I have recived soooo many complimants when I wear this fragrance, from boht men and women :)

Amanda79
Amanda79

mmmmm! I'm loving this! The first thing I thought of when I smelled The Beat is Burberry Brit but only at the very beginning. They have similar "Burberry" aromas of powdery vanilla, bitter almond and tart fruity notes. The Beat is a bit sweeter, fresh and succulent with orangy fruits, tea and zesty pink pepper. Very refreshing, energetic and upbeat! Makes me happy and puts a smile on my face! Prozac in a bottle? haha

Luckily for me the pink pepper/cardomom/tea/cedar keeps the soapy type florals (iris,hyacinth) from being too powdery adding a sexy and sweet woodsy spice almost like burnt flowers or flowers on fire! Perfect!

After a few minutes The Beat changes from smelling like Brit to drying down and smelling similar to one of my favorite perfumes, CK IN2U! It has the same sour-sweet fruits, creamy musky vanilla and spicy cedar thing going on. The Beat is strong but has less cedar and not as much of a unisex feel as CK. Great from beginning to end!

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

I am always amazed by the quality of Burberry perfumes. I love and wear Brit. The Beat was given to me as a sample to try. Warm and a bit spicy on me. I really enjoy it. I think I'll get it as my autumn season perfume.

pinkcatfurr
pinkcatfurr

Love this! I too think Burberry makes the best perfums. I have 8. I find this similar to Brit, which smells like fruits to me - apples, lemons, limes, but with a creamy heart - I picture apple pie with cream; whereas Brit smells like a fruit salad with splashes of lemon and lime. And that's a good thing. Cardomon! I like how they use this, esp in Brit for men. To die for

gucci
gucci

omg my cousin has this one it's so wonderful very soft but not light very fruity type of fragrance but very feminine and mature i just l-o-v-e i-t

first of all,I'm not a fan of floral woody musk perfumes,but since I'm a fan of burberry I thought this one deserves testing and wow!it's better than what it seems according to the notes.
at the first,it's like many typical pink perfumes.in fact I can describe it as a mixture of Lacoste "youch of pink" and "dream of pink",but it's more sage than both of them.I obviously get the citrus note that to me it's like pink grapefruit.
the middle notes are so lovely and romantic too.the tea note is very clear and the floral notes are sweet just like the girl who's going to wear this perfume.
it's a very good fragrance for spring for a classy sassy girl who's getting ready to go to the party.

I find it very difficult to find a Burberry fragrance that I don't like. If I had all the money in the world I would buy every single one of their fragrances, male and female.

I was slightly off-put by the top notes which were a little too citrusy for me, yet the drydown caught me off guard and sent me spiralling into a state of love.

The Beat is modern, eccentric and powerful. The scent can be sweet at times, but it never loses its sex appeal or transforms into something sickeningly sugary. I sense a coconut note for some strange reason, which makes me think that this fragrance is the perfect scent for a celebration. Perhaps it is also the bottle which is shaped like a flask that makes me think of a party-like atmosphere.

This scent's only downfall was the lasting power, which shocked me because Burberry fragrances usually last for ages on my skin. The Beat unfortunately didn't last any more than an hour on me.

siskakak
siskakak

I buy this scent today..yes i really love this even this is second time i test..all perfume range from burberry has a long lasting power...it's great for everyday use i really like it..!!!

Malibu
Malibu

THE BEAT is clean, light & ‘fizzy’ – I'm not very good at describing scents, but it just seems so bubbly. The drydown is similar to some shampoos (I'm thinking TIGI products).

Although this is a light scent, I haven’t had a problem with the staying power.

Scent notes: Bergamot, mandarin, Ceylon tea, cardamom, pink pepper, bluebell, iris, white musk, vetiver and cedarwood.

dory011
dory011

the Beat is very sensual perfume and sexy feminine too, it really fit romantic moments, when i first tested it at store i found it so unique not like any other commen smell fragrances , at last i bought it when i came sure it fit me and so sweet on my skin ,i am happy of my choice .

Trinity
Trinity

Unfortunately, this fragrance smells on me as exciting as a "cucumber sandwich" :-(

Since I mostly buy my fragrances "unsniffed" is this quite a disappointment to me! Reading all the good reviews I have expected more of this fragrance.
I will probably wear it while doing some cleaning in the house, etc……

I am pretty sure on the right person it will smell quite nice though....

ramiske
ramiske

I agree with Lexina's comments. I really loved the bottle and was anxious to test it. But it didn't impress me at all. Kind of soapy/powdery--nothing stood out (especially to make me pay what the store was charging for an ounce bottle!)

jatzzie
jatzzie

I had big expectations for Beat because I had heard so much positive feedback on it.Yesterday I tried it and well...I was kinda dissapointed.To me it wasnät anything special or memorable.It was ok, but not something I would buy for myself at least.I like the bottle design, it's like this classic thing with a slight twist.

nezzabel
nezzabel

Feel the beat!!!!
This was a great surprise: optimystic, full of energy, fresh, fun! It's great to start the day with a kick of citrus and spices at the begginig and a powdery drydown wich I really like. Quite longlasting too. Young, free and joyfull, this fragrance is suitable for spring/summer days.
Oh and I love the bottle... so trendy like the scent itself!

susieqrj

I felt in love for this fragrance for the very first time I smelled it. Just now I bought one for me.
I´m wearing mine today and I have to agree with Marianne: at first it has something that reminds me of Brit (which I also have). But when it dries, it gets different, light powdery.
The lasting is not that good, stated that this is an EDP. It could be designed EDT perfectly.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A hip and trendsetting floral/woody scent with english attitude.
A blend of unexpected contrasts expressing the unique personality of the Burberry woman, naturally sparkling, slightly wild, incredibly chic and sexy.
Traditional floral notes of iris, bergamot and bluebell combine with ceylon tea, cardamom, pink pepper, mandarin, white musk, vetiver, and cedarwood for a smoky and sexy composition.

jonr951
jonr951

wow am i loving this fragrance! its incredible! you can really smell the iris and bergamot in the top notes. then comes the pink pepper and mandarin. it ends with a lovely light musk. by far my favorite burberry scent. the notes work so well together. its sweet yet spicy. it transitions throughout the day from the citrus' and florals to the spicy pink pepper and vetiver. very nicely done and the bottle is just as lovely as the fragrance. its a must have!

azuriiita
azuriiita

The spicy notes in this one are just right good :) That is nice.
For my nose, its subtle-floral and suitable for everyday use.
Im agree its nothing spectacular.

Malegria
Malegria

So far it`s the only Burberry I liked.It is very opened,non-romantic,tom girl fragrance, that`s why I will not buy it anyway - I like more mystery in my perfumes.

mermaid
mermaid

I tried it a few days ago from a magazine sample. It didn't suit me at all and I think it's not something special. Of course this has to do with my taste in perfumes in general, cause I prefare something more mysterious and deep.

Soft dry down with slightly soapy tea and sweet notes. Reminds a bit of Kenzo flower; the same sort of gentle, girlish fragrance. Nice but not spectacular

star10
star10

first of all there are some mixed artificial notes but quickly leads to a sweet and very fresh scent.you can recognize easily some citrus and bergamot notes.personally,I thought there must be some cherry or strawberry notes too.Although the bottle incline a modern perfume,it's classic and romantic.when it remains on skin it reminds me Hugo Boss(f) perfume and I can see why.the base notes are similar,specially cedar scent.

dina

I didnt like this one. The top notes are quite intense and it took around 2 hrs to settle into a scent I might like. Cant imagine myself wearing it and going out immediatly ...... It's also more of a mature scent. It doesnt suite young women or teens.

sjanira
sjanira

I think this one smells great, I would say out of the ones I have (b. weekend, b.brit. b.london) this one smells the best. It's a sweet, warm and cozy scent.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

This is a fun fragrance, fresh and happy, not too complicated. A good choice for people in their late teens and twenties. Not original or outstanding in any way, though. Should sell well with the younger crowd.

jbello
jbello

The beat first smells young, and light. It put me off at first scent. However, once it dries down, it is unlike any scent I have purchased before, so I had to buy it. The dry down smells of pink pepper , bergamot (which I love!) and cedar. This is a very sexy, sweet combo. Not sure it makes me "feel the beat", more like, "a calm boat ride". But a sexy boat. : )

mlinde
mlinde

I recently got this after having tried it on my skin, and I just love it! I know it's suppoosed to be a young scent but it has a very feminine and nice softness to it. Sweet but not too sweet and with a very nice driedown, at least on my me. Several of my collegues have smelled it and liked it very much as well. It's mainly a summer perfume but with strengh enough to work in autumn and spring as well, I think. And the bottle is lovely in its simplicity!

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I have to say, I would never wear this myself, but it smells great. I am a waitress, and today there were people sitting at a table and every time I would walk by them, I smelled something sweet and wonderful. Finally, I had to walk up to them and ask them "alright, who smells so good?" :) And the girl, about 16, said it was her. I asked her what it was, and she said The Beat! I could smell the lusciousness of the pink pepper and the musty sweetness of the musk and mandarin. It was very modern and young. It suited the teenage girl wearing it. Very nice summer scent! I had almost mistaken it for Hot Couture.

Sensuos
Sensuos

This is the perfume I use now... present from my sister !
In my opinion it is a fresh, innocent and feminine perfume, suitable for summer.
After a couple of hours I don't feel the smell anymore, but people arround me told me "you smell good".

amanda
amanda

i wouldnt buy it, for like an hour it smells good, but then the most of it fades away and leaves a strange smell which is not bad but not definitely good either. but the bottle and the image is good

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

Delicate scent. In the begging its fresh, light and tender, very optimistic. Later on, nice powdery note become great on my skin... calm and very feminine.

Aiona
Aiona

I've only tried this from a sample strip in a magazine, so perhaps this is not a fair assessment. However, from this magazine sample, after about 30 minutes, it smelled like the solution one uses for permanent waves. Quite nauseating, and I had to wash it off. If others have tried the actually pefume (not available in my area), I'd love to read about their reactions.

The Beat by Burberry 3.89 out of 5 based on 1594 ratings and 212 user reviews

Eau De Toilette
Burberry The Beat Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Burberry The Beat Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Gift Set 2.5oz
Burberry The Beat Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz Body Lotion 100ml 3.3oz Shower Gel 100ml 3.3oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry The Beat fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry The Beat, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Beat by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Beat by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.