Designers » B » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

The Beat EDT Burberry for women

The Beat EDT Burberry for women
dislike

ozonic
The Beat EDT Burberry for women Pictures The Beat EDT Burberry for women Pictures The Beat EDT Burberry for women Pictures The Beat EDT Burberry for women Pictures The Beat EDT Burberry for women Pictures

The Beat EDT is an edition for 2009, dedicated to woman who likes to be fresh, beautiful and elegant. Harmony of floral-fruity notes notes accentuates woman's beauty and gentleness. Aromas of Italian mandarin give energy and blend with fruity and floral scents of quince blossom, iris and a finish of Ceylon tea which contributes to passionate impression. Available as 30 and 50ml edt.

Bergamot Cardamom Pink Pepper Mandarin Orange

Bellflower Tea iris

Musk Vetiver Cedar

The Beat

The Beat EDT Fragrance Reviews

marine blue
marine blue

The Beat smells fresh, light and soapy. It is ideal for the workplace but it doesn't last very long

teadrinker
teadrinker

This is a light, fresh tea scent. To me it smells predominantly of green tea, with a slight fruity complement. The green tea note is a true one, it smells almost exactly like dry green tea leaves waiting to be brewed. I appreciate that this smells like actual green tea. I've found that what often masquerades as a 'green tea note' in perfumes smells nothing like the real thing. This one is the real thing. The slight fruity complement makes it smell like a lightly flavored green tea. This is a light, fresh scent that is easy to wear. Unfortunately it does not last very long. After an hour or two it's basically gone from my skin. I've used both the EDP version of The Beat, and this EDT, and I like the scent of the EDT better. Unfortunately, though, it does not have the staying power of the EDP.

CarrieWhite
CarrieWhite

I love love love this, this is my signature scent! I feel really good with it... it's really perfect, so fresh, clean, particular and sophisticated too. I get so many compliments when I wear it. I bought my second bottle <3 In my opinion, I don't like edp version, it's different and too strong.

tovikari
tovikari

I think this fragrance was created for early spring and early fall. Many girls tell that it's an everyday scent, but for me it's not. I wear it when I have some special mood. It smells very good in sunny and cloudy weather, but I personally like it in cloudy weather a little bit more. I can wear it with jeans and T-shirt, shirts, leather jackets and big manly watch. At the beginning it smells very fresh and citrusy, I can recognize bergamot and mandarin which are a little bit tart. As the time passed, smell of citruses transformes into smell of tart green tea with lemon. I can also feel powdery smell of iris. And the last one note that I can smell is note of tobacco! I think that probably vetiver smells this way on my skin.

musi1701
musi1701

Meine Körperchemie lehn dem Duft ab, wie viele andere auch. Schade.

lirael00
lirael00

I kinda regret not buying EDP, cause this one unfortunately doesn't last long on my skin. In the opening all you can smell is citrus, but than that goes away and it turns into nicer orange-tea smell.

Actually I'm sort of used to the fact that a lot of Burberry perfumes are opening with the citrus note, but thankfully they all change their scent in a few minutes into something much more sophisticated. I can imagine wearing this after a long morning run. It's sporty and fresh.

Rianna
Rianna

After reading all these reviews I was wondering whether I would like this or not.
It's lovely and fresh to start with, the mandarin, iris and quince blossom are all there blending perfectly and you smell just like you've stepped out of the shower. I love smelling like that. Then it mellows into a softer smell which although you think might be fading away (many people have said it doesn't last) it really does last.
I sprayed it in the morning and could smell this beautiful waft around me all day. It's subtle but it's there and it's such a lovely clean smell. I've often envied other women who waft past me smelling so fresh and clean but I'm pleased to discover that can now be ME!! :) If you like strong lingering perfumes then this isn't for you as you will say it doesn't last very long. If you're looking for something clean and feminine that lingers and makes people want to sniff you then this is for you.
I'm finding some of the strong perfumes that last in strength all day make me feel quite sick after a while and you'll find men/women prefer a subtle clean feminine smell rather than those nose burners like Opium, Poison, Youth Dew!! I'm really pleased with this!! I think it's simply lovely and I smell great!! :) Happy Days

scastrocordeiro
scastrocordeiro

i think it is good. when I wear it, all my friends asks: "what perfume are you wearing? it smells really good''... so, i believe them :)

noshnosh
noshnosh

got it as a birthday gift .. well i dont wanna sound mean but i didnt like it . smells too masculine and active for me .. really suites an athlete girl!

too citrusy with a bit of cardamom .. nice combination but still not my cup of tea

kagisho
kagisho

I am a guy and jus bought this to a good lady friend of mine, I think its a beautiful scent. Its safe for different noses to keep up with since its not out there loud and can be worn to office as well. It will be best for indoors Spring/Summer day times I think. Its not flamboyant, simply beautiful.

hollyms

I love the EDP version, but this EDT I couldn't even smell. Wayyyy too faint. I sold it and bought the EDP.

sarahdelicious
sarahdelicious

My signature perfume right now. Love it! It's spicy, fresh and a little sweet. It smells nothing like the Edp version, I've had both of them. This one smells less musky and vanilla, although I like them both in different ways.

CoffeeCup
CoffeeCup

I'm surprised about all those negative or 'meh'-reviews for The Beat EdT as I have to say that for my untrained nose iT is a lovely summer scent. Uplifting, fresh, feminine, rather detectable. Not generic as so many reviews state.

Or maybe my admiration is based on the fact that although I've been looking for a fresh fragrance for ever, high and low, have found nothing but disappointment so far, until I sniffed this. The Beat manages to avoid all those rough corners that have put me off so many times before - it's not sharp nor masculine, it's also not soapy nor watery, not easily fleeting nor annoying. It's not "watermelon-y", not "too young", not too sweet, not air freshener or detergent-like, and not stingy. And to me that says (and means) a lot! The Beat manages to be simple, uncomplicated, refreshing and mood lifting, unpretentious scent, easy to wear, easy to like. :)

xVal
xVal

This one is a really fresh fragrance, but the tea note smells a little bit like grass on me. :(

Nelken
Nelken

My first impression was that of a very generic green tea and citrus fragrance. But who doesn't need one?

I see green tea as the 21st century lavender...a staple,the bottle you reach for when pretty much everything else seems too this or that for the occasion...job interview, meeting with friends, taking the kids to a theme park, a first date why not ?

After I have worn this on the few warm spring days we have had so far, I would say that the intensity of the top citrus notes as well as the somewhat harsh grassy ones weaken after about 30 minutes and let the floral and spicy sides of this composition add some warmth and complexity.The fragrance definitely seems more feminine at that stage, even though it remains on the fresh/casual side.

It has surprisingly good staying power , about 4-5 hours ; Green, herby scents aren't usually detectable on me after 1-2 hours !
Oh, and I love design of the bottle : modern, classy and fun.I have the 30 ml one, very easy to carry around.

After I have worn this on the few warm spring days we have had so far, I would say that the intensity of top citrus notes as well as the somewhat harsh grassy ones weaken after about 30 minutes and let the floral and spicy sides of this composition add some warmth and complexity.The fragrance definitely seems more feminine at that stage, even though it remains on the fresh/casual side.

Iusticia
Iusticia

LOVE LOVE LOOOVE this one!!!! Thank you Burberry for the perfect, english stile! :-D

isabellacherie
isabellacherie

I recieved this EDT version today for christmas! :) i asked for the EDP version but my dad buyed this one thinking it was the same scent except lighter, and well it isn't at first i wasn't so excited because i really wanted a new edp (i almost dont have nothing left of it D:) but im really liking it, it is much more woody and musky than the edp but i think is a good perfume and i will grow to like it, and hopefully repurchase both versions :) i highly recommend it. (the only thing that drives me insane is that i don't belive in edt versions because the scent dosen't last, hopefully this will)

Princess
Princess

This smells light and fresh, nothing like the orginal, thats sad:( I was hoping this would smell like a lighter version like the orginal, I think the orginal smells too strong so i got this version unsmelled. Mistake. i like how it smells, but its too weak, doesent last at all.

lordnuey
lordnuey

I tried this one from my friend, it smelt super fresh and light and eau so good! I didn't aware the huge different between this one and the edp version so I bought the edp under the impression that it will last longer. I was WRONG! Yes, it does last longer but the smell is pretty different! The edp has vanilla note, pretty heavy but not unbearable. The edt just cut the vanilla off so its fresher and lighter. I still love my edp though, but I do appreciate the edt so I am pretty skeptical whether I wanna buy the edt one or not, let's see

mufidal
mufidal

My absolute favourite!

Fleur_Nuit
Fleur_Nuit

I bought this one under the impression it was the EDP. To my disappointment, I didn't find them very similar... This one is a really nice and fresh smell, I can be very sensitive about strong fragrances and this one is not strong at all. Very good for summer. But it didn' have that lovely almondy warm note I get from the original, and the staying power is kinda weak. I usually take a long time to finish a perfume bottle, and because this one is very wereable and doesn't last long on my skin I finished it pretty quickly. Now I want to get the EDP which was the one I was originally going for.

Heavyafternoonrain
Heavyafternoonrain

It goes awesome on my skin. I really love notes, especially the base one.

smells like a cheerful girl wearing white puffy knee dress

Cams
Cams

What a difference a few months make! I sprayed this in February and it did not work (sharp and a little unpleasant) but I sprayed it last night and it was fresh and divine. My girlfiend who was with me at dinner kept complimenting me saying that whenever I moved the beautiful scent wafted over to her! I adore this in the summer months.

Most of all I feel the bergamot, pepper and iris notes in this fragrance, like in the original, only this one is lighter. I don't like both of them. Not interesting at all.

Liene
Liene

Fresh and youthful fragrance which is perfect for spring but not only. I would say that tea is the key note which is made lighter with some citrus and subtle florals and more defined with some spices. Simple and very clean scent.

hollyms

I cannot make up my mind about this one. Every time I smell it, it leaves a huge amount of SOMETHING lacking, and I keep going back to smell it to try to "process" the scent but I just can't. My first impression, honestly, was that this smelled exactly like soap. So it's an extremely clean scent, and also quite masculine - I'd say the most masculine off all the Burberry perfumes. This is something I'd wear when I don't want others to think I'm wearing perfume. It would definitely be safe for work since it has about zero projection. The scent doesn't come across as complex and is definitely "safe."

I'm probably going to try to get rid of this bottle. If you are interested please contact me (I have the 2.5oz EDT with the white top).

jennifer.herndon
jennifer.herndon

Very powdery at first whiff, with just a touch of Citrus tang. It's not incredibly strong, which I like. I'm a bit on the fence at the moment. If it stays at this level of powder, that would be perfect. If it gets more intense, it will be too much and I will have to say sayonara. We shall see...

EDIT: I am very happy to say that it didn't get over powdery :-) I was so happy when the Tea and Citrus popped out. I can honestly say I don't usually feel incredibly feminine, but this scent helps me get in touch with that side. Keeper :-)

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

This was quite a pleasant surprise for me, I was needing a citrus summer scent, and I think I've found it :)

This reminds me, or rather the drydown reminds me of Bvlgari Viole de Jasmine. I know jasmine isn't listed but I have no doubt I'm smelling a beautiful jasmine flower.

First I'm hit with overtly bright lemony citrus, which almost instantly starts to settle, I'm now smelling hints of grassy greens, but it's fleeting, the dry down smells much of jasmine, like Bvlgari 'viole de jasmine', but with the added bonus of a bright beutiful citrus, the type that's perfect for hot weather...but the citrus is soft now and faint, the jasmine sits close to the skin, but not quite as close as Bvlgari's

Overall I'd say that this is a very prety, well played Classy, energising, but relaxing jasmine citrus with hints of green and the tiniest touch of powder.

I'm really lovin' this stuff, very surprised indeed :)

Livvy111
Livvy111

This one is just so likable. Its really fresh, and floral and powdery all at the same time. Its quite comforting and not sickenly sweet or headache-y. Makes you think of a stunning British summer day when you get up and the sun is shining. Its definately got that energising, green smell as well as the lovely ceylon note. Its a pity the fragrance is a tad weak but I really really enjoy this one.

perfume11
perfume11

It's very different from Burberry Brit. When sprayed at first, I could smell alcohol, and after a little time I could smell the scent itself. Has a little freshness on bottom notes. In general it's very weak scent..fades away very quickly unfortunately.

Christine130880
Christine130880

love it.fresh & elegant . English style

servana
servana

This one is a light, fresh floral which is inoffensive without being overly generic. I really like it. It smells like Burberry Sport, except its a sharper floral with a little more citrus to it. If you already have Burberry sport then you don't need this one & vice versa. Staying power is kind of weak.. only lasts about 3 hours.

Lilii
Lilii

This one is quite safe and very boring. smells rather nice, creamy and more like a body lotion than a perfume. I dont find this one fresh, still it could be a perfect choice for office or daytime wear if you tend to be shy and dont want to be noticed...quite longlasting...with no up and downs or any surprise.

zainab amir
zainab amir

its not a review its a recollection.i go to lahore to buy all my stuff. so i went to the perfume store and found this!it was perfect.i bought it,came home opened the bland box to lose myself in the spirit of freshness and i found out.....they had bloody given me the wrong one(the pink and silver one which smells totally different)i tried to get it exchanged the next day but the store wouldnt budge so i was stuck with the other one which i didnt love nearly as much as this

Perfumalover
Perfumalover

Okay, I am a huge fan of D&G light blue. I used to wear it for years. However, I recently discovered that I was allergic to it and it made me itch. So I had been searching for a replacement and I found it!!! I absolutely love this scent! Its nice, light, and fresh and has similar notes to Light Blue. But its not as popular (wish I love) because too many people have seem to discover light blue.

SJSuett
SJSuett

When I first put this on I was in love! However it's one of those, head over heels moments and then after a while you start noticing the flaws and you can't wait to get rid of it.
Great in the beginning, full of body, fresh, girly and different, BUT does tend to fade quickly and then you're left with a dissapointing, bland, insipid, after taste. Not appealing at all.
Pity had so much potential

Someone gave this to me because she did not want it anymore. It's nice, foral and a bit fresh, but I couldn't find anything special or really enjoyable in it. The staying power is weak and I just didn't like it much. There has to be something I enjoy in a scent and this didn't have anything.

airplain
airplain

very fresh, feminine and comfy - perfect for everyday wearing. unfortunatly, somebody liked it more than me(as i guess of somebody stoled it from my bag, hah)

Invocati
Invocati

Smelled it today in the store. Very nice I must say. Feminine, fruity and warm.

And this comes from a guy, if that matters.

Fashionkid123
Fashionkid123

I found like others here, that (on me) it was weak. It only lasted like an hour and I missed the middle notes :/

mjb28
mjb28

The Beat EDT, smells young and cheerful and clean, modern and energetic. I think Burberry does a good mainstream job again. The scent goes on a little strong so be careful with how many sprays you use, but it is long lasting and very wearable. The packaging is way fantastic. The shape is like a hip flask and etched with a Burberry plaid design. Very charming.

Petite poupée
Petite poupée

I love this scent. I've been searching for a fragrance to stay with for a long time and finally I've found it!

The Beat EdT is fresh and citrusy but not sharp. It doesn't smell of lemons but rather of... well mandarin oranges perhaps? ;)

In the same time as it's really fresh it's also comforting. As if there was vanilla in it but in so small amounts that it doesn't get sweet or heavy at all.

The only sad thing is that the scent disappears too soon.

To me the EdP is a totally different fragrance. That one's just heavy - I can't stand it. The EdT on the other hand is perfect. So light in every way and just oh-so-wonderfully-smelling!

vetiver
vetiver

It is sexy, playfull, a beautiful young fragrance but ..sooo weak!!! just 15 minutes and it has gone !!! it should be just a mist!!!

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

Strange as it may seem the top notes are similar to Moschino Funny and Incanto Bliss put together at least on my skin. It's fresh, careless and sweet, a totally wearable EDT for the summer. Although not listed, I can detect some pepper in it in the top notes. Unlike other reviewers say, this lasted quite long on my skin, it's just not loud. It comes to the signature Burberry soft vanilla/musk dry-down, just a bit fresher. If you have tried the EDP, you might recognise the mossy note in the drydown, but it's barely there. Certainly it has less character than the EDP (and it differs from it significantly), but it's still lovely.On clothes it leaves a clean laundry impression. Yeah, I already imagine myself wearing this at my favorite beach bar. This is more than perfect for summer and everyday wear.

dina
dina

On my skin, it's totally different from the edp and it smells almost exactly like D&G Light blue !

Lindaatje
Lindaatje

It's a sweet floral fragrance, but on my skin it becomes very warm sweet at the end. To sweet, so i have to be careful not to overdose.
A pitty it doesn't stay as fresh as when i spray it on.

Both the original and this later, less concentrated version of The Beat had little lasting power on my skin. Disappointed was I that they hadn't made a more intense version of The Beat.

This fragrance was so light that I could barely smell it at first. A subtle citrusy opening was all that I could detect when I pressed my nose to my wrist.

Eventually The Beat EDT strengthens a little allowing me to enjoy the introduction of the tea and iris notes. This fragrance is very refined and classy, like MoietToi mentioned. However, it is a far cry from the original which possessed a boozy like quality that I really enjoyed.

The original had spunk, but this lighter version is enough to make me yawn. Summing up The Beat EDT; a basic yet pleasant floral with hints of citrus and tea. Need I say more?

susieqrj
susieqrj

What??? I´d like to know why Burberry released an EDT version of Beat. The original version, EDP, is so light and with weak staying power - it could be considered already an EDT.
I love The Beat, but it is way too light.

IMO, this version is a waste of money.

guest_Flo
guest_Flo

I love this perfume!!

MoietToi
MoietToi

I was given this perfume as a gift from my Dad. Anyways I spritzed it on and I smelled this cloud of tea,lavender and something citrusy. When I smell this scent I imagene myself sitting in an old fashioned English garden drinking tea and eating scones. Very classy yet extremely comforting. One spritz is enough allthough beaucse it's really strong.

Daria
Daria

OMG I just bought it and wow I'm so in love with it!!!!
Amazing,so girly and young..
I really really love it!!!

harajukulovers
harajukulovers

One of the most differnt modern fragrances burberry have done in a long while x

guest_Papillon
guest_Papillon

Very playful and energetic but I don't know how to say Ummmm I think it's not worth for me to purchase.So simple for me and I'm not falling in love with it!

Fiorenza
Fiorenza

The fragrance is really pleasant, refreshing and light, however its staying power is very very weak!!! I sprayed on my wrist and after 15 (!?) minutes there was nothing! I wouldn't buy it, it is the weakest perfume I have ever tried!

Zhara
Zhara

Vetiver, tea, musk. very unisex, a bit of spring, but not especially original. Nothing sexy about it - which is surprising given the musk note - then again, it is a very synthetic musk. other fragrances might be peeking in and out here and there.... bluebell??? who could tell over the big domineering tea/musk/generic citrus aromas? cardamom is an absolute fav of mine, but undetectable here. Pink pepper? I know that's the hawt little ingredient for 2008, but where is it in this mix?

Could be a high end Burberry scent, could be the fragrance added to a man's deoderant stick, could be gym locker deodorant for a high-end raquet club. overall, this one gets a "meh".

defne
defne

a feminine fall fragrance, first it seems a bit too sweet but once it settles you feel the wamrth of the woody notes

The Beat EDT by Burberry 3.87 out of 5 based on 321 ratings and 57 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry The Beat EDT fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry The Beat EDT, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Beat EDT by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Beat EDT by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.