Designers » B » Woody Aromatic « Groups

The Beat for Men Burberry for men

The Beat for Men Burberry for men
dislike

The Beat for Men Burberry for men Pictures The Beat for Men Burberry for men Pictures The Beat for Men Burberry for men Pictures

The Beat for Men by Burberry is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. The Beat for Men was launched in 2008. The Beat for Men was created by Olivier Polge and Domitille Bertier. Top notes are black pepper, citron and violet; middle notes are geranium and thyme; base notes are vetiver and woody notes.

Black Pepper Citron Violet

Geranium Thyme

Vetiver Woody Notes

The Beat for Men Fragrance Reviews

Addan
Addan

Heavy notes if black pepper sometimes it gave me headache but i dont know why i really like it and try to wear it every day
Unique fragrance no similarity with other fragrance

mista majestic
mista majestic

Fantastic looking bottle. Lemon an pepper just like many others have said but with very little in between. I love Burberry frags however this is by far my least favourite. It does smell a bit like a classy lemon floor cleaner! Overall a bit wishy washy and doesn't have the oomph/subtlety that other scents from this house seem to give. I reckon it's very much down to skin chemistry with this one.

If you haven't got a lemon scent already - it's worth a punt. 30ml bottles can be picked up for peanuts on ebay.

hyacinthe
hyacinthe

A scent that has ,since I first smelled it, left me unable to dissect it's various notes due to it's heavy impact on my subconcious.

To me it smells purely like my olfactory memory pinus brutia (turkish pine) resin. A scent I grew up with as a kid.

When I read the blurb and really try I can differentiate and analyze its components, but this is not what this perfume is about.

It's a statement that screams masculinity to me, but the grounded kind rather than macho. It's allure is that it hints the old world with dark rooms and cigars.

I wear it to the theatre, and that's about it.
A scent that is intellectual yet almost mythical.

Cobray
Cobray

Does everyones Burberry THE BEAT have batch code E??? as in letter E and 4 numbers after? Mine doesnt exist in the fragrance database nor my chics beat from 2009 I bought her in Dillards. Hers starts with an E as well...

I know mine is real since I bought it in a retail store but I want to buy another smaller bottle and the batch code doesnt exist either and I dont want to get a fake :(

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

It's pepper through and through, with a touch of violet leaves. For a designer frag, Beat is daring. I could see this bottled and launched under a niche brand.

Nick M
Nick M

Not for me but I always have to smell it again because it's such a good looking bottle and color, haha.

buraktemiz93
buraktemiz93

It is very soft cologne, I believe this one would be unisex. It stays on me about 6 hours and after 30 min, smell gets softer. To be honest , it is not my type but whoever likes soft smells, this one would be good one. Also it reminds me PIERRE CARDIN INNOVATION.

Gordoso55
Gordoso55

Being a fan of Burberry , I couldn't resist. I get a strong citrus with very little pepper. I really like this.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

I must admit I bought this (without even having ever heard of Burberry) because it was on sale. It was 50 ml for less than 20 euros. I never looked back. It is amazing... it's dominant pepper notes may trouble some people (which I understand, since it's very strong) but I happen to love it.

When I finished the bottle, I had to get another one immediately. It's amazing.

Arunas.K
Arunas.K

I still remember the smell of this perfume. And frankly speaking in a bad way. Maybe it was not the right time, maybe it was just me, but I was neutral at best at first. After wearing it for a few days, I could not shake a feeling that it is synthetic and metallic. Even though I am a fan of woody/citrus/spicy fragrances, buying blindly this would have become a disappointment. It came as a present and I would not like one like this anymore.

Once or twice I have smelled in in the street and it gave my bad memories.

markrosedale
markrosedale

I mean, I would buy this, but I can probably just role in some freshly ground pepper instead.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This one is very spicy with some good citrus notes and in the breakdown i smell woody cedrat. I like this one! Been using this for 4 years now on the same bottle! Three sprays Is more than enough. High quality Juice.

Ayl
Ayl

دبیت ، بسیار خوشبو . بازم وتیور . بی شباهت به تق هرمس نیست اما با اون فرق داره ، اسپایسی تره . یه جورایی شاید بشه گفت مخلوطی از لالیک مشکی و تق هرمسه . فک کنم اگه قرار باشه لالیک نسخه ی تابستونی داشته باشه میشه این ! باربری برند واقعاً خوبیه ، کار ضعیف ازش ندیدم . د بیت شیشه ی خیلی قشنگی هم داره . ادکلن ارزشمندیه . ا

Gault
Gault

Not too complex but excellent fresh fragrance for every season, reminds me of Chanel's citrus colognes, like Egoiste Platinum (the vegetable feel and the sharpness), Allure Edition Blanche (similar but less peppery citrus, minus the creaminess), and Bleu (the citrus and vetiver part).
I think this is probably the most interesting among Burberry fragrances, and the least popular, if you want to go safe, just check out these Chanels.
This is very bold and daring, definitely not for conformists, this is a punk pepper punch in your face, surely will offend someone... but who cares?
This is the Haters Gonna Hate scent.

iconoclast
iconoclast

Firstly the bottle. Wow! :0

Now I've got that out the way, what about the fragrance? Well it starts off extremely lemony before very quickly morphing into a pepperbomb. In fact after Polo Sport Extreme, it's perhaps the most peppery fragrance I've ever smelled. Although I like the smell of black pepper, I don't actually love it, so at this stage the fragrance smells edgy to me. Thankfully though there are some nice violet and woody notes that just about poke through that help me to retain my interest as well as stop sneezing. After a relatively short time (20 minutes or so) I reach the base notes that are dominated by a beautifully cool and refreshing if slightly synthetic vetiver, that smells remarkably like the drydown of KenzoAir to me.

The fragrance pyramid above is quite accurate as is the profile (notice the fact that significantly more people like it than love it, and the loves and dislikes are evenly split). There's also some impressive development of the scent taking in a journey from Lanvin L'Homme to Polo Sport Extreme thru Azzaro Visit Men to KenzoAir. I agree it's all season but best suited to daytime making it a good work and/or signature fragrance, and I honestly can't feel any age restrictions to it. Longevity could/should be much better but it's still a solid, interesting and versatile fragrance. In summary, it's well worth a closer look if you like any of the above mentioned scents.

zbansingh

My personal favourite from Burberry.
Main notes are spice, lemon and vetiver.
This fragrance is wearable pretty much all the time really.
It suits every occasion it's amazing the character this scent has.
One of my favourite colognes to wear!

sameh
sameh

I can describe Beat for Men by Burberry that it's simply not 4 me , it's below average perfume & honestly didn't like it.

P.S. won't be bought again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drsbadri

This is also one the best perfume from burberry. It has so much of peperry and woddy notes. Its really excellent and wonderful in winters. The longevity is of 12hours i could smell on my clothes in my closet. one of my favourites and love it so much......

Layzie
Layzie

For some reason, we could only smell lemon on my skin. It faded after an hour. I love adding lemon flavours to my meals, but this perfume did nothing for me. Test it out on yourself before you buy it.

drsbadri

This also an another excellent perfume from the house burberry.Do you like spices then get this perfume its wonderfull.Ilove and like this perfume very much.The longevity is on 12hours and above i could feel on my clothes in wardrobe and on skin too.Its excellent perfume

iancasanova
iancasanova

honestly i didn't expect much from it, i never like the bottle & the campaign" but i was quite surprised! it really smells like d&g light blue pour femme, but its much smoother & spicier" & a bit better" however the longevity is not great, just ok, & the sillage is very good during the 1st 30min-1hr.. great for a casual day & sports!

zainpsk
zainpsk

It takes some time for the fragrance of the perfume to develop, but once it does it manages to keep you hooked. All the spicy fragrance that comes in the open spray just evolves into a light lavender heart that lasts you a nice 8 -10 Hours.

houstcs
houstcs

No clue what @GD15329 is saying but funny stuff. I think I will buy this or sample it at least based on his interpretation alone.

eranilaslan
eranilaslan

My sister got this one for me wrongly when I was asking for The Brit. Very VERY peppery it even made me sneeze several times. Strong smell mostly for cool summer nights. Lasts long.

hornetz
hornetz

The bottle is a nice modern design that hints that the juice inside might be a bright woodsy/aquatic. Well, the first spray in and all I can smell is the pepper with some hints of floral notes. This thing is a strong vile concoction that has mastered the smell of muscle creams. This screams DEEP HEAT!!! To its benefit the dry down is pleasant and vetiver rescues it. This is marketed for a younger crowd yet I see its application for a more mature audience. Maybe if this is watered down or a sportier version comes out it might be worth it. However, Try HE WOOD ROCKY MOUNTAIN which is very well blended and is versatile in it's use.Try "The Beat" at your own risk, most likely in the fall and winter.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

This one is interesting, but thyme and peppers are simply OVERPOWERING. Way too present for me.

I get moderate longevity. Nice bottle.

Try before buying. All that pepper / thyme can easily make you sick if you dislike it.

browne54
browne54

A green/pepper combination with the intended market of a younger audience, hence the strange marketing promotions. I am 25 and love the Beat, as I do the house of Burberry. I find it perfect for the spring/early summer season for outdoor events. I have received many compliments from both sexes. However stay away from people for the first half hour and let it settle. There is something in the top notes that I have noticed put some people off, but I am a fan of the opening. Lasts a good while, minimum 6/7 hours and sillage/projection is fair. Just a good general occasion fragrance to have in the wardrobe.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

When I first applied this scent, I was concerned because it seemed awfully weak. However, it gains strength over time. I really enjoy the blending of pepper and violets. The woody drydown is quite pleasant and a bit of a change from the usual musk.
The sillage is a bit light on me.
I think this would be a great fragrance for a date, because it is sexy but does not interfere with the smell of food, nor does it drown one in sillage.
This also makes it an excellent choice for the office.
Several people told me I smelled really "good" today!

fuggerone
fuggerone

spicy and woody....sillage and duration quite low so i have to overapply it could have been a better juice with harder sillage...7.5/10

BradleyRay
BradleyRay

Awesome longevity,smells spicy and citrusy, then turns warm and manly in the dry down. bought this for my boyfriend and it smells amazing! Manly for teens, long lasting, and amazing sillage.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne smell is making me imagine leather jacket.

gd15329
gd15329

I favor Bang Marc Jacobs for men over this one.

Why...

Bang Marc Jacobs for men = 30ml of pepper and wood. Every time you open the pepper box you get the same smell, right? Either you like it or not like it and that's it.

The Beat for Men Burberry for men = 15ml of pepper and 15ml of lemon and you get 30ml of chicken soup mix... and you can not decide if you like it or not... at first it's "oh-yeah" like hot chicken soup and then it's "oh-yuck" like a bowl of chicken soup after one night in the refrigerator... and then it's again "oh-yeah" like you put the bowl in the microwave and warm it up...

It's like an endless battle of 2 light sabers (green and red)

when Bang is the classic blue original light saber everybody know and love... IF you like star wars of course...

You get the picture...

May the force be with you. ;-)

kikiwendra
kikiwendra

I've got 1 bottle last year. I very like the scent.. (y), unfortunately longevity is poor.. (n)

kenney77

Love it smells very good took some time to get used to but I love it

editionblanche
editionblanche

to me this is the male version of light blue D&G! tangerine with spices... i love it!

zbansingh

This is a very well made cologne.
You can find it for thirty bucks at winners (in Canada)
This scent is perfect for rainy days because it actually compliments the smell of rain water, and I mean that in a good way.

catfishy
catfishy

This scent has nothing in common with Marc Jacobs- Bang!
In this the black pepper,if there is any at all, cannot be noticed!

dromidreza
dromidreza

شبیه بوی بیبلاس و بنگ.عالی

acheron
acheron

You have to try this parfum in 3 states.

First state is after few second after applicating it on skin. There's lot of citron in it. And you can smell spice at the same intesity. These two tones are dominant. Plus somewhere in the corner is hiding vetiver which you can see now, and he's waiting for his time.

Second state is after few minutes. The scent is more adult. It settles down. You can more easily smell other notes. Although the citron and spice and now also vetiver notes are still in the front line, but the vetiver starting to be very present and clear at this state.

Third state, or third possibility when or how to try this scent is the one, that almost gave me a heart attack! Because i bought the parfum, and run with it home, and i was a little bit sweated, which i haven't realised at that point, and i wanted to try the Parfum ASAP, so i applicated it on the skin on my hand immediately. And the scent was nothing like note-description which is here. It was only citron, lemon and citron tones again. And i was like WTF? Somebody have to give wrong version, or it's broken. I was smelling it on and on again and it was still the same. So i waited a lil' bit and applicated it again, of course somewhere else, but i was already calmed down and dry as sand. Only at that time i smelled original notes which are in notes piramide. At this time both sprayed areas started to become one scent with no differences. But on my skin there still little bit more citron that it's in notes piramide, and i assume that it depends of lot of factors of your skin. Like pH and others and the scent can brake down on some people to more citrus like parfum. For me it's not the best choice, although i like the parfum, because i wanted to be more spicy and less citrusy fragrance. The Burberry London would be definitely much more appropriate for me.

Mansour Hamad
Mansour Hamad

the pepper note here is like in your face I didnt like it when I first sprayed it but the dry down is much better

kenney77

Very well done fragrance love the opening very fresh and clean lasts a long time very unique smell one of the best love the pepper note

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I love Burberry fragrances. I haven't onwed one that let me down yet, and two of them are my favorites to wear. The Beat is an edgey fragrance that people either love or hate. It is along the same lines as BANG by Marc Jacobs, and in my opinion, better. BANG has something in it that really sets me off on opening. Almost like seasoned raw steak. The beat has more character I think, and is brighter, and really doesn't put me off like the first 30 minutes of BANG. Only problem is, you can find BANG at TJ Maxx or Marshalls for a lot less than you would pay for The Beat. If you like peppery, spicy, bright winter/fall scents, I would recommend you pay $10-20 more for Burberry's version.
*update*- This stuff dries down fast. When it does, I get this overwhelming sense of cedar. How can there not be cedarwood in this fragrance? It smells JUST like Azzaro visit/celine fever after about 45 minutes, and the longevity is really good with the drydown for about 6 hours.

banks1124
banks1124

Not bad but I think Bang is easier to wear start to finish. This has better longevity though. I have a 30 ml bottle and 50 ml shower gel if anyone is interested in swapping.

bugra_e
bugra_e

I recommend you to use it only on cold weather! Just two sprays on your chest and two sprays on your scarf or neck. Not a generic scent as mentioned before which is good. You'll get ladies compliments when used right.

Cassiano
Cassiano

What a good scent! By the way, Burberry never let me down. At least, the ones I have, I really enjoy.

The Beat is a good cologne, because it is different: it doesn't fit in those known styles such as the greens from the 80’s or the gourmands from nowadays. It stays between the sober and the relaxed, the green and the aromatic, the classic and the modern.

Despite the fact that is has citrus notes, I must confess that I haven't felt them in evidence. However, the black pepper and the violet are very powerful in its beginning. And the pepper remains until the end, which is amazing, since it is not present in the base of the composition.

The thyme I don't even know how it smells, but the geranium has a fundamental place in the floral part of the evolution. And last, but not least, the woods and the delicious vetiver, which exhales at each movement of my body.

Excellent lasting, but the projection it's not the best. It seems to me an intimate cologne, something to be felt by 2 people maximum, as well as the beating of my heart.
This is THE BEAT!

kamalipour
kamalipour

very very nice for autmun. I love this

Sniffster
Sniffster

I've been through 2 bottles of this & it is unique, definetly my favorite, and have never come across a similar scent before. On the annoying side, no ladies have ever complimented me on it. Is this one of those deals where guys think it's great and women not into it?

FuzzBox
FuzzBox

not for generic men, it is a unique manly scent. distinctive, and not sweet. but rather dark, i love it. its one of my favorites

carera
carera

i think its master piece of Burberry perfumes.welldone

Roqfort
Roqfort

I can't believe. The Beat is one of the longest lasting scent I have.
Average longevity (on cold weather) is about 8-10 hours, with great projection.
Lovely, sexy scent. I feel pepper and cinnamon what I simply love.
4.9/5 in my opinion

Dioguh
Dioguh

I think its a nice one, to use in the morning, unfortunatly, you can only smell it over 2 hours top..

abcleo63
abcleo63

I recently bought a 3.4 oz tester from Fragrance X for under 30.00. Unfortunately, there is no longevity at all. The top notes of pepper and citrus last only about one hour on my skin, then it fades away. I went to a local department store and sprayed myself with their tester on the same spot on my arm, and it only lasted one hour. After the top notes have dried out, I can barely smell anything at all. I am not sure if my tester is bad, or if it just does not like my skin. I tired it with temperatures in the 70's and 80's, and no longevity. Maybe the weather is too warm for this? I am disappointed.

ericrico
ericrico

Burberry is a solid house with bottles of scent that are usually more mainstream and middle-of-the-road, but a few bottles (including this one) put you in a strong like or dislike category. I, personally, really like this little gem created by Olivier Polge! VanAllan and missk wrote great reviews here. This has actually been in my collection and rotation for about 3 years. I initially wore just the EDT and really loved the great citrus blended with pepper on top - segueing into a wonderful violet leaf that blends the composition into a nice base of clean (not rooty) vetiver. Peppery citrus that lasts - not sweet to me, but more spicy and aromatic. I really love the composition and balance. Too much violet leaf could have made this like a lot of other fragrances (and ruined the sparkle that makes it unique and so enjoyable), but just the right amount was added and the vetiver's cleanliness allows the notes to shine and sparkle on top. Brilliant.

I bought a very nice set of EDT (to replace the one I went through) along with the excellent after shave balm that layers the scent perfectly, adding even more depth. The body wash is very nice and starts the experience well - great lather and also true to scent.

Decent longevity with just EDT application (I always apply /spray on my shirt too), even better when layered with the excellent and rich alcohol-free after shave balm! Modern scent - but also a classic composition that smells clean, warm and fresh. This never gets heavy to me (but, then again, I love pepper in fragrance and this is a great use of it!)

Overall score, 8/10, and applause for Olivier Polge. One of the best from the Burberry line of fragrance for men. Works year-round during the day and warmer evenings outdoors. Vibrant & versatile - you can wear this dressed up or down (I prefer down - but with some edge, as the scent offers that...so, attire to match).

ausamamira
ausamamira

what i love it most about this fragrance is how natural it is...lemon,pepper and vetiver

Kain
Kain

This is a very good fresh and spicy fragrance.
Start fresh with natural scent of lemon and huge dose of black pepper and some vetiver note.
It's very pleasant but if you don't like a papper based fragrance, this is not for you.
In the drydown the lemon is still there with stronger pepper and vetiver and hint of violet and sweetness.
If you like "Terre D'Hermes" or "MJ Bang", definitely you will like this fragrance. It's very close to those two!!
Above average projection and longevity.
يه عطر خنك و شاداب و در عين حال با بوي تند و فلفلي
رايحه ابتدايي اين عطر تركيب خنك و شاداب ليمو هست به اضافه مقدار زيادي فلفل سياه و كمي خس خس يا همون وتيور
بوي ترش و تند و فلفلي داره
در ادامه بوي ليمو كمي ضعيفتر ميشه به همراه مقدار بيشتري فلفل و وتيور و مقدار خيلي كمي گل بنفشه
اگه از كارهايي مثل تق هرمس و بنگ از مارك جيكوب لذت ميبرين به طور حتم از اين هم خيلي خوشتون خواهد اومد چون تا حد خيلي زيادي به هم شبيه هستن
پخش بو و ماندگاري مناسبي داره
من اين جور بوها رو خيلي دوست دارم

shreif
shreif

what the wrong with people ?
why all this hate for pepper and citrus ??
I love citrus and it's very good in this scent
the pepper is not bad for me
the beat is nice refreshing smell ,good quality , lovely bottle and packaging , good sillage and longevity , suitable for every season in the year
BUT
it's not a complement grabber ( I wonder why ?? )

zippy
zippy

All I got was pepper.

Keddy
Keddy

Top notes are very nice, the blend between the citrus and pepper notes are brilliant but the drydown is nothing but pepper and linearly stays that way. Off putting, and not something you'd want to smell like.

nasir.mu
nasir.mu

I have it Smells like black pepper, pepper, & then citrus.
It felt like I am having fresh lime juice with tons of pepper in it. having too many sprays will kept on
bothering thru out the day with pepper smell. More like a teen age group fragrance. I haven't find any woody note in it,
Bottle and packaging are nice looks good on dressing table :)

tlalexander210
tlalexander210

Bought this 2 years ago after first sniff. I enjoyed it the first couple times I wore, but after I while, I thought it reminded me of peppery pine-sol. I quit wearing it for while but I re-discovered it and the girlfriend really likes it and wants me to keep wearing. This one is definately a cooler weather cologne, well at least for me. Overall 8/10, since the gf likes it more than I do!

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

fuerte y herbal, este perfume es muy pero muy masculino, si te gustan esa clase de perfumes, sin atismos a lo femenino entonces este te encantara.

cyber861
cyber861

بویه فوق العاده توپی داره.با اینکه این ادکلن ماله 2008 هست ولی مطمئن هستم مثله این بو رو حدود 18 سال پیش شنیدم.شاید بوس المنت بوده ولی مطمئن نیستم اصلا

jesvox
jesvox

Burberry The Beat, i enjoy this one very much! It's very peppery, citrusy and sharp it sure has the beat!, it doesn't last long on my skin about 3-4 hours and it vanishes. It's not for the faint of heart very in your face, punch, wHaM! a total risk taker fragrance. A great addition to my repertoire.

Jona16
Jona16

Soy un ávido comprador de perfumes y la verdad que últimamente no son los aromas el problema, sino la duración. Este perfume marca una excelente estela, dura unas 4 horas sin retocar y es directamente masculino, sin agregados extraños, además que se aparta del clásico LIMON. A mi me huele a 2 cosas: a PASTO RECIEN CORTADO en la salida y cuando viene el cuerpo a el POLO verde (si, el primero del año 1978). Lo recomiendo como de uso diario, para toda época y si, también para citas. Es altamente distintivo y con efecto memoria.

pria_wangi
pria_wangi

Burberry The Beat

Smells like tons of pepper...!!!
Just pepper and pepper !!!
It's very strong and very sharp...
I can't handle it, although try many times.
Citrus notes actually not present at all.

If you a man that like pepper smells, so you must have it. It's not perfume for common people.
Don't buy unless you try before.
I think it's useless....period

Ale
Ale

If you like pepper, this stuff is for you.
Interesting fragrance.

adrian2345
adrian2345

i love this fragrance actually is my signature fragrance i felt in love with it the first time i smell i very different fragrance doesn't smell like any other common fragrances also girls love it i have receive many compliments

kikoooo
kikoooo

i was so happy when i found this. it was love at first sight... and the day came when i decided to wear it...
i was on the street and tried everything i could to take this off my arm...i just can't handle it. it's too strong! and i resists soap, water... and whatever you try. holymother, don't buy unless you try.

samihardanian
samihardanian

Very underrated fragrance.
Great combination of pepper and herbs.
یک عطر مردانه با بوی بسیار گیرا
جذاب
دوست داشتنی
تاکنون خانمی را ندیده ام که از بوی نافذ آن سرمست نشود

Pinni
Pinni

A lady in a department store recommended this to me and when I smelled it I fell in love with it right away! It wasn't really what I was looking for at that time but I loved it anyway. It's very citrusy but not too sharp. Pepper is nice here too.

The lady also said that it could also be used by ladies and I think I might agree with her. I think I should drag my bf to try it out. (And steal a spritz or two for myself every once in awhile.) ;) The sample paper still smells so good even tho it's probably a week old already! I wish the ladies version was this good!

I'm a lady but I want a bottle of this!

Incantation
Incantation

A modern male fragrance. A punch of white pepper, I can´t feel no citrus, as it goes way a clean spark of something like silage or rosmarinus let the fragrance more herbal, aromatic. But as everything ends with a good woody whisper, in this case vetiver take the position. To use at club, work, nigthlife, at home after shower, never let you down!

nidhin
nidhin

The pepper note is very distinct as everyone mentioned, not so common a scent..dont buy anything more than a 50ml bottle if you plan to wear it daily..cos the pepper will become too much to handle subsequently on daily usage..As for the sillage...not so good in hot, humid climates..

Osama Iftikhar
Osama Iftikhar

Burberry's take on the modern man ends up falling flat face down, the vintage classics are nothing but elegant and exquisite, but this perfume is a far cry from burberry's usual mainstream churn and im not implying it in a good way, very peppery and even irritating to the olfactory, recommended for those who dont mind ending up smelling like a pepper shaker

perfumemory
perfumemory

I wear this is one of my everyday scents. A more simple yet nice version of my old-time favorite, Fendi Teorema Uomo (alas, the latter is discontinued), but more concentrated than Paul Smith Story that is good to put after shower. All in all, to me it is a very good peppery-woody scent.

hichristiangoodbye
hichristiangoodbye

I bought this as a blind buy and had no regrets at all. All i needed was the first spray for this to become my staple scent loved it. It's fresh has some spice to it and masculine, really a great combination. The pepper is dominant yet it's not offensive more like a peppermint. I'd suggest spray only 2-3 times coz it has monster sillage.

nuniz
nuniz

very underated fragrance

nocebo
nocebo

Nice to see some more positive reviews about this one. But I see where all the bashing comes from. Truly a love or hate frag.

I personally love it. And boy, what a monster of sillage that is. I applied it on my wrist and could smell it with my hand in the pocket, while I was out in the streets. So yeah, use with caution.

himank09
himank09

I love this perfume! Simply amazing.
Its for those who appreciate class and sophistication.
You cant stop smelling yourself once you wear it.
Its awesome. My favorite in my collection. (And I have the likes of Cool Water, Dunhill Desire, Ck One, Ck Eternity, etc. in my collection. But this one scores over all of them)

9.5/10

Ish37
Ish37

Este perfume es genial, es de alta duración y proyección, su olor es intenso y unico,. Lo mejor es que su aroma es muy amaderado, asi que si te gustan asi debes probar este perfume. Le doy un 9.7/10, a Burberry hay que darle un premio nobel por esta gran creación.

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

the last time i bought a burberry, i sprayed it in the air in my room so i could get rid of it faster, but that still took me very long, so i gave it away to a female friend who loved it. it was Brit for men.

BUT THIS, will only stay on my skin! not going anywhere else! I love the pepper and the overall feel from top to base. It is warm, but winter warm, november warm, december warm, january warm, if you get what i mean. but i am still going to wear it whenever i want, in any other months. the color really reflects the scent. it is very woody, like you are in a woody lodge, at night, reading a book, fireplace, pine trees,... that's what i felt when i was wearing it.

when i wear it, it energizes me, giving me warmth. it is special, but may be not for everybody. silage is great and longevity is 6 hours +.

IMO, it's the best ever from Burberry. The Beat really BEATS the rest of Burberry! and... the scent itself is so special, just like a niche perfume.

-Mr. Almond-

BRH
BRH

I don't really understand all the negative comments on this one. I really love it. I get a lemon/ citrus type smell in top of pepper and an almost sweet, burnt wood smell. Very unique & addictive. This is a definite favorite of mine for cooler days. (I don't really like typical, ambery oriental scents, that most people wear I. The winter. So this provides a unique, different choice for cold weather. It's more like my usual fresh & aquatic type scents, only with more spices & wood added to suit colder weather. (But I admit, I even like The Beat in summer too).

Anyway, if you're like me & you don't care for typical winter oriental scents & want something unique & sharper, I'd definitely recommend giving The Beat a try. (As I say, it's great if you love fresh scents & aquatics & are looking for something heavier & sharper in that same style.)

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Citrusy orangy opening then 20 min later ,peppery smell.
From now it will be pepper,lime sweetness,vetiver in order.
Very warm.
Best for spring and fall in casual use.
Longevity 5-7 hours with admissible projection.

PatrickBlack
PatrickBlack

One of my favorites in my collection. Its so unique! Any girl could follow this scent through any synthetic/aquatic/musk clouds on the other guys right to you. It stands out!
Its so rich and interesting, your nose won't know what to latch onto. The citrus and pink pepper hits you right off the bat. The Violet leaf is right there to smooth it all out and the wood gives it a nice base to stand on. Its just great.
You shouldn't buy it...because I like being the only person I know to own it. When people (EVERYONE) asks me what it is so they can get it/buy it for their boyfriend, I lie and tell them something else. Its great.

Invocati
Invocati

Really changed my mind about this one.

Bottle: Comes in a standard packaging. The bottle itself is unique, with a chrome cap and a leather strap attached to it in solid glass.
Doesn't feel cheap. But the design is not for me. Too odd.

The Scent: Is very peppery, fresh-woody & sharp on first spray and stays very peppery even after a couple of hours. It's defiently unique and classy. But this scent lacks dimensions for me. It mostly smells sharp pepper, and that's it. My girlfriend thinks it's too sharp as well, especially if you get close and I agree.

Conclusion:
Might fit for some classy (30+) men who really like pepper, but it's not for me. 100% autumn/winter scent.
4.5/10

Cylob
Cylob

Opens like Cacharel pour Homme, but way too much citrus for my taste. Gave me a slight headache before it dried down even, so washed it off quickly.
I think I'll use the rest of the sample to scare off any mosquitos that might bug me next summer. Poor mosquitos!

Edit: After washing once with water the citrus bomb still exploded from my hand. After washing the hand twice more with perfumed soap, the citrus still lingers from my hand hours later. Amazing!

VanAllan
VanAllan

Sharp woody-citruses (almost metallic) burst combined with aromatic violet leaf and a strong pepper note is what you get initially from it.

After a couple of hours, the pepper remains subdued in background and a beautiful green-herbal vetiver stands out together with the aromatic remains of violet and citruses, giving you for the next 5-6 hours an energetic feeling, pretty much elegant and enjoyable also.

I understand the love/hate relationship others mentioned, but for me is nevertheless an interesting and masculine aroma. It gathers some of my preferred notes in a man fragrance: orange, violet leaf, pepper, vetiver.

I also detected along the dry down some slight similarities with other two favorites: Terre d'Hermes and Bvlgari Extreme (citrus-pepper-vetiver-woody based fragrances).

A must have (at least for me) so I ordered a big bottle 3.4 oz of this woody-green-aromatic juice. Btw, longevity and sillage are pretty amazing...I could detect it (with 2 sprays on my wrist) even next morning.
My personal rank 8.5/10 ☣☣☣☣

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

I just got it as christmas gift from my boyfriend. I'm so happy i could die!!!! I really like this perfume, i got a test of it at the paper 3 months ago, n i really want to buy it. I can't believe my boyfriend bought it for me at this xmas :D Love u honey :D

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

This
Is
Awful! (ok, "IMO")
I rate it right down the bottom with YSL Jazz Live, lemon and more lemon. Sorry, but the only diff between the two is that this has a lil wood. It was the worst first impression I had on Burberry, so I'm really hoping others will be different

salman65
salman65

I like the cedrat/citroen with the leatherwood and violet leaf accord. Several different plants are called 'leatherwood' I wonder which one it is...

Endymion
Endymion

I finally tested The Beat for men as I have found a cheap bottle but I didn't want to buy it unsniffed.
Well, I like it, it's sparkling citrusy but strong not for warm summer days. However the cologne reminded me of something else I already sniffed. Sugary sweet citrusy unisex fragrance. I came home and looked through my unisex fragrances and there it was!
I already have The Beat for men but it's called CK One Summer!!! Trust me, they are (almost) the same. The Beat is more agressive, stronger and sharper but these two fragrances are practically the same.
Tricky, tricky. At least, I saved money :)

mean streak
mean streak

I liked the smell, but my wife told me that it made me smell like a pinetree lol...

guest_beatrix-göteborg

i like on my husband its sexy and atraction on the moment realy good staf as all the burrbery

Lotofire
Lotofire

Ah chemestry...my older brother uses this and i love it on him, but i tested it myself and didn´t went that well on me...i still like it in other people, of the whole bunch of new generation fragrances for me this stands out for its simplicity and uncompromising beauty.

guest_Mohan Dessai
guest_Mohan Dessai

Why many people here calling this a winter scent? It is good only in summers, because in winters it vanishes very quickly.
No question about it's modren smell and Elegance with touch of peppers with silky spice. It is very good for mature men(30plus), very offical and unique.

guest_beatrix-göteborg

my man juse this fragrance as his signatur frag and i i tell the truth its smell uniqe very intresting great parfume for man in any age

WH
WH

Tried this today at the fragrance counter. I love citrus and pepper and this fragrance is a winner for me. The silage is crazy, i can still smell it after 10 hours and a shower. It does have very strong citrus notes, grapefruit seem to be the most dominant and a very peppery note but not as strong as London. If you find London too peppery this might be a better choice. It also reminds me of Hermes D'Terre, but a more wearable version.

My roommate uses this as his signature scent. I admit it smells wonderful. Yes, it's peppery spicy; almost metallic sharp but yet woodsy fresh with juicy citrus. The sillage and projection are crazy (or my roommate oversprays everytime) because everyday when he leaves the house, I can smell it from the front door all the way to his upstair bedroom for about an hour. The scent seems mature but young at heart. It smells really good tho and I would love to get one BUT I don't wanna smell like someone else, especially someone in the same household. :(

guest_andrien
guest_andrien

missk i saw your comments at many places on many perfumes, i guess or rather i'm dead sure you write comments over here with out even testing them, so having them is way far. PLS stop writing strange or false comments, which are no way even near to truth !

guest_timmy
guest_timmy

I am still trying to figure out why was this made for summers.It is very warm and hot spicy with an agression of cruel pepper.It is best for winters. In big time business meetings and elite office gatherings.
Sillage nice and longevity great.
And one more thing, why is it so expensive?

@ below hahahaha , are you kidding me?
sweet? TheBeat? Haaaa, i guess you never smelled it.

I was a little confused at first when I smelt The Beat for Men. I was certain that I'd accidently sprayed a female fragrance instead. The scent was so sweet, with a touch of spice, woods and citrus. I now know that I hadn't been mistaken.

The Beat for Men is not strictly masculine, I would definitely recommend this fragrance to both men and women. I get a lot of sweet, spicy woods, and I like it, a lot.

Like Kevin from the NST blog mentioned, both the female and male versions of The Beat are supposed to represent the 60's era of Rock n' Roll. Well I don't get the booziness or the wildness, however I get a smooth, somewhat delicious scent, that is wonderful for a night out on the town.

So many reviewers are saying that this fragrance is too harsh and too peppery, I find this fragrance more spicy than peppery. Perhaps it is just the way my nose perceives this fragrance. I also get a lot of violet and sweet, juicy fruits.

The sillage of this fragrance is very strong, and the lasting power almost equally as powerful. I have come to the conclusion that The Beat for Men is a love it or hate it scent. Personally, I really like it.

sherry99
sherry99

I like harsh perfumes but this one is extra harsh, the pepper is to much ::(
But i still can not call it a bad one.
It will be for sure good in winter nights.

funkyfreshdevilducky
funkyfreshdevilducky

So fresh and energetic! I'm amazed at how some people have thrashed it here. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but its no slouch either. I like wearing this as a casual or going out on nights that have a bit of chill

guest_Ammar egypt
guest_Ammar egypt

Good one, but not for Hot and humid weather!

autumn89
autumn89

I dont like this, but like the fact it is a bit different. Its a scent you will have an opinion about, and at least thats something, rather than a simple "meh".

It smells very strongly of pepper and citrus at the start. The pepper never leaves and is just too much for me. The drydown has a pencil shavings and whiskey feel like Gucci pour homme.

If only the pepper was toned down a bit....

Longevity is very good, sillage is ideal (not overpowering but noticeable. A daring woman could probably pull this off, but i think it is particularly masculine.

Im glad plenty of people like this, because i like the fact Burberry dont try to be like everyone else.

As i say i dont like this, though i dont hate it and like knowing its out there.

Dad jax
Dad jax

Indeed very very agressive spicy with high projection and lasta minimum 14 to 18 hrs on my skin...Love the middle notes.......I prefer it in winters and offical meetings.
In my opinion this is very unique,energetic and different from others : )
No doubt the pepper is a bit harsh but in winters it is ideal !!!!!

tomb123
tomb123

i like it but wouldnt wear it often. its got the soffisticated kind of smell in my opinion. but i dont think ill be buying this agian... maybe

myb86
myb86

Well I got a sample of this perfume and from my point of view it's a great perfume. And can last for hours on my skin

gundisalvus
gundisalvus

Definitivamente este perfume no es de mi estilo. Es un perfume muy sobrio, bien masculino pero bastante cítrico de limones. Aunque en un comienzo la partida del perfume no fue de lo más destacada,a las 2-3 horas de aplicado la fragancia se vuelve muy volátil y con una estela bastante más pasable. En una primera impresión se perfila como una fragancia atemporal de partida fresca veraniega con inclinación invernal pero a mi gusto termina siendo una fragancia principalmente semiformal, como para usarlo en la oficina. Lo que si me gustó mucho es la forma de la botella.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

The female version of The Beat is absolutely delicious.

As for this, yuck! Smells like an artificial spice for a TV Dinner. Pass!

n_milligan
n_milligan

why the people at burberry thought anyone would want to smell like this is beyond me. it made me jump in the shower to wash it off....simply yuk.

guest_the beat
guest_the beat

not bad at alllllll very sensual and close to the skin i like itttttttttt

Lance
Lance

I do not like this at all, it's harsh!
I always like pepper, but the note in this is too heavy, strong and annoying.
It's definitely a torture in summerday!

hunkyweasel
hunkyweasel

maximum spicy notes a perfume can be. but it doesnt smell bad.. at first you just smell the pepper..but it works..i like it

jasonx
jasonx

@bwcw81: I do find this kinda like Truth, however it's on the test strip only. On my skin, they are two completely different scents. I get more pepper which can smell a little salty from Truth which to me is horrible because I hate the smell of pepper. This one however don't scream peppery to me. The pepper maybe there but it so well blended with other notes that I can hardly irritated by it. There also a metal feel to the beat that scream Euro Chic. Both Truth and this one last 8+ hrs on my skin with this one slightly on the better side.

bwcw81
bwcw81

OMG, it kind of remind me of CK Truth Men, the first note almost the same! Anyone who have the same exp like me? But the second and the base note a bit spicy for me, kind of wake me up but mint flavor make me feel like having a mint chewing gum. Overall not bad. Longevity is ok. 3 hours on me. Great for younger generation and definitely a Summer fragrance!

Kenzoboy
Kenzoboy

The bottle of this perfume is gorgeous and elegant but the content smells like an herbal liniment. It's quite strong for my taste, I didn't like it at all.

scenturian
scenturian

Very warm, energetic and crisp scent.
At initial spray seems there r many other sour citric notes, but when dries down I smell the lime with a hint of pepper and subtle woody notes.
Lime and its sweetness is the dominant note from start to end.
People who complains that smells only pepper is a skin factor issue I think, never happens on my skin.
Quite linear and doesn't evolve at all.
Lasting about 10 hours with enough decent.
Not heavy nor light. Suitable for casual and office wear.
And the L`Eau Par Kenzo Eau Indigo Pour Homme reminds me The Beat somehow, Kenzo was released after The Beat.

snitchings
snitchings

amazing smell however it would be best worn in the winter and is more of an everyday perfume.

BIG

If you wear it during cold winter days, the white pepper note is so prominent and stands out so much, almost "spiky"!!! Amazing!!!

abi_ebi_abed
abi_ebi_abed

it open with citrus scent,and disperse very good,after a few minute you smell woody scent,this notes like Lilique Encre Noire.
Special Scent with Burberry The Beat for Men.
update:in my opinion its base note couldn't disperse well.

guest_Rich
guest_Rich

Just bought a bottle of the beat, I sampled it along with a few other colognbes in the store, and nearly 2hrs later and the scent is as if i just sprayed it on while the others have faded significantly. It's a distinct smell and its got incredible staying power. love the blend of citrus, pepper and vetiver. definitely for evening and night time use.

costaleo
costaleo

Very interesting scent, with citrus opening and an evolution that includes some vetiver, leather 9if i'm not mistaken)... tried this on today from a sample.

BIG

very pleasant scent! fresh and woody

svillatoro
svillatoro

Make sure you try it on your skin first. I don't like this at all.

Too much pepper...smells like vinagrette with lemon. Too expensive besides

andy

to me this is a boring copy of the calvin klein, tommy hillfiger and everything else thats slated as a summer scent

i prefer burberry touch and burberry brit to this one

LaPD
LaPD

Passed by a dept. store the other day and a fragrance lady told I had to try this on.

I had heard about The Beat so I figured why not?

She said that when guys wore this there was this "Je ne sais quoi" that made them sexy.

I tried on. Orange + Pepper. Both scents I like. Very masculine. Unique. Fresh and a burst of energy... but then it never developped to anything else but orange and pepper. Reminded me of a orangy (and gingerless) Azzaro Visit for Men for some reason.

Very long lasting on me (6-8hrs) and sillage is decent though.

It's fairly simple. But it's not a bad thing. My only qualm is that it smells metallic towards after a while (after 1-2 hours). I don't like that...

So... I don't like it that much. Can't get over the metallic-ness of it ... even after I tried again several days later... like smelling stainless steel.

Nausicaä
Nausicaä

It smells like the forest. Like pine logs right before you put them in the fire. Like moss. Like walking alone in the midst of dark woods. I think I'm in love. Just a little bit.
I also think I have to buy this for my boyfriend.

da_markos
da_markos

opening is very masculine (pepper) - i like this stage. when pepper settle down it becomes more femine. i'm indifferent about this part. middle and base notes are like in 1000 of modern, male scents that we have today.
all in all - "+"

saint2006
saint2006

This was a Great buy! Extremely Energetic Fragrance. It has the personality of Youth at it's most Vibrant stage in life. Longevity is Phenomenal, and the compliments were staggering. The Pepper immediately takes the stage, and is present all the way to the base.

andy

nice sandalwood/woods scent and very fresh, but smells like much of the stuff on the market and i think its kinda gimmicky

dorgchant
dorgchant

Too much Pepper.

I can use Thai herbal product instead of this stuff !!!

urobian
urobian

Energetic aroma, strong green aura vibe with a sexy spicy-woody base, simply unique, versatile and dynamic.

kugkng
kugkng

I think this one make me feel like I 'm standing in the forest among the pine tree...It 's really something.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I JUST left Macy's and I have this and Nautica Oceans on both my wrists. This smells sooooo freakin' good. This, Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme, Calvin Klein CK Summer 09 and Diesel Summer will be my next scents!

guest_LovesxGeorgeCraigx
guest_LovesxGeorgeCraigx

I just saw the Pics and saw that George craig was in them so i decided to comment :D i love him n One night only are amazing xD xx

Mahmoud_agd
Mahmoud_agd

The perfume has a very fresh and unique smell from top to middle notes but as it begins to settle ... I can not explain it ... but it is awful ... It's pepper and his the kind of smell that hits your brain directly from how sharp it is ... very repelent ... I give it a 4/10 ... there is definetly much better colognes out there ... make sure to smell it properly as it settles ... the strong pepper note it has is awful and sharp ...

dunatko
dunatko

wow - i wonder how everyone is impressed by this one! i wouldnt test it - other burberrys were not very interesting for me - but my good friend is working in a parfume store... and she said a would love it!

yes - the start was really nice - similar to my favourite fragrance - l´eau par kenzo ICE - cold citrus... fresh... cooling - but after a time it was something different - more warm and spicy - also similar to... to... some other citrus fresh fragrance... which one?

definitelly - ck one summer - 2007 - nice sweeter unisex fruity mix!!!

...after few hours there was just a sweet smell... nothing special:-)

sorry for revealing the secret of beat:-)

seabear
seabear

I used the sample I got from the store today. I can't believe the reaction! I have received more positive comments (20+)from women in the office than for any other scent I've ever worn. They can't seem to resist coming up and asking "What is that? I want my boyfriend/husband to smell like THAT!" Don't argue with success, guys. They like it!

guest_25 Scents
guest_25 Scents

This parfum is great! The bottle, as stated, is pretty simple, but has a certain elegant sleekness to it. Long lasting fragrance, with a great difusion when it sprays, and a lovely white pepper scent with a nice citrusy finish. Personally recommended, and this may be replacing my Armani Code or Givenchy Pour Homme!

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

To tell the truth, I do hate the bottle. It looks too teeny. Cause the scent of The Beat for men is not that simple. At first, I was really disappoinment because of its full of similar citruses. But after the first bases, about 20minutes, The Beat started making its own beat: a unique citrus notes. Very interesting, full of energy, with a really good longervity. Fresh enough to enjoy in fall weather. Character enough to have in my collection. Love it!

Perfect!!

knightz
knightz

This looks very interesting. Anyone try this yet? I can't find the men's version anywhere yet.

I'm interested in this because the perfumer, Olivier Polge, has done good scents for houses like Azzaro, Armani, Bvlgari, Guerlain, Dior, Kenzo, Lancome and Liz Claiborne, etc.

The Beat for Men by Burberry 3.53 out of 5 based on 639 ratings and 143 user reviews

BURBERRY THE BEAT for MEN by Burberry EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Burberry The Beat For Men After Shave Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Burberry The Beat For Men Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Burberry The Beat For Men Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 1.7oz
Burberry The Beat For Men Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz Shower Gel 100ml 3.3oz 2pcs
Burberry The Beat For Men Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Burberry The Beat For Men Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry The Beat for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry The Beat for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Beat for Men by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Beat for Men by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.