Designers » B » Citrus « Groups

Weekend for Men Burberry for men

Weekend for Men Burberry for men
dislike

ozonic
Weekend for Men Burberry for men Pictures Weekend for Men Burberry for men Pictures Weekend for Men Burberry for men Pictures Weekend for Men Burberry for men Pictures

During weekends you can indulge yourself with the comfortable, casual and relaxing character of Burberry Weekend for Men. The composition starts with a real citrusy explosion: bergamot, mandarin orange, lemon, grapefruit, followed by juicy pineapple and melon. Ivy leaves, sandalwood and oak moss are in the heart. The base is surprisingly sweet, made of amber and honey. The perfume was released in 1997. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac.

Pineapple Melon Mandarin Orange Grapefruit Bergamot Lemon

Sandalwood Ivy Oakmoss

Honey Amber Musk

Quercus
Alessandro Dell` Acqua Man

Weekend for Men Fragrance Reviews

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

This is a strange one. It's citrus but there's something layered beneath the citrus that gives it a unique creamy and slightly green, but at the same time chemical, smell. It sweetens up a lot towards the drydown. I think Burberry had the bones of a real winner here, but something is a little askew which detracts from the entire fragrance.

farook
farook

Headache in a bottle. Regretted buying immediately after wearing it for the first time. It smelled nice in the shop, but became repulsive after a few minutes on my skin. It can't be my skin, because i get the same headache and nausea when someone around me wears it too. The 2nd worst perfume i bought after Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo for men.

Dioguh
Dioguh

I don't know why i bought this. it's half empty i can can't tolerate anymore. It's good on my skin, acceptable longevity, but it became too citrus for me.

Addan
Addan

Opening citrus and after 5 minutes mix flowery and cutrus smell
Nice and fresh scent for summer , more than 5 hour on my skin
Overall 7.5/10

Suvi23
Suvi23

A cheap fragrance but I think it is worth more than that.

Lemon, grapefruit and mandarin orange are dominants in the opening and a few minutes later, bergamot also arrives with a little sandalwood. As it has been mentioned in reviews before, lemon and grapefruit are the most detectable in this scent from opening until drydown.

Very fresh, very light, very clean. I would not say that it is feminine, but it is also far from being masculine. Strongly unisex.

I use it only in hot weather because it gives me coolness and freshness. It reminds me of my childhood when we were on playgrounds and in parks. After hours of playing we went to a lemon juice stand and had an ice cold lemonade.

I do not love it, but I like it. I do not think I will buy a second bottle though. Projection is moderate and lasts about 4-5 hours on top.

Projection: 6/10
------------------------
Overall: 18/30

GeorgeChar
GeorgeChar

I Love Burberry Weekend. I am an 18 year old and i love it because it's very fresh, fruity and it reminds me a bit of flowers. It's perfect for using it casually during the weekend. I hate it's longevity though... it's why i need a new bottle already. Anyhow i don't regret it when i overdose it because i do get compliments for it.It does stand out quite well, in my honest opinion of course.

This Cologne and Burberry Touch are my favorite Burberry colognes.

richdaniels
richdaniels

This is one of my first fragrances as an adult. I like the instant burst of citrus. My nose picks up a clean, almost soapy grapefruit at first. My nose doesn't catch the sandalwood so much, but I can find pineapple somewhere in the middle. I'm intrigued by this frag. The soft honey toward the end is a nice finish, but the peak of this experience for me is in the first 2 hours.

I was surprised that I liked such a fruity sweet fragrance. I would say Weekend is unisex, even though it says for men. It doesn't smell feminine, just a fresh (clean with an almost floral soapy element) and bright grapefruit frag for the warm months.

I live in Florida, so I would use it anytime from spring to early fall.

From the start, Weekend has moderate projection. Then after three hours, the smell lies close to the body, but lingers there for a while longer. I'm pleased with this purchase.

Ayl
Ayl

تنها کار این برند که نپسندیدم . چندان جالب نبود برام . یه شیرینی ناجوری مثل طعم شیره ی انگور توش حس کردم که تو این ترکیب رایحه نمیگنجه . اصالت انگلیسی رو به همراه داره اما از نوع کهنه و خیلی قدیمیش نه از نوع پالایش شده و شسته رفته . به درد سن بالاها میخوره و قدیمیا و قدیمی پسندای شیرین باز .ء

kaysee
kaysee

Just like @Aroma d'Latino said: 'clean laundry'!!

That's the only way I can describe it!
It makes me feel happy for some reason.. I picture myself wearing it on a relaxed Sunday morning. Sitting outside in the garden and watching the blue sky.

Longevity is good (around 5 hours) but projection not that great.

For office/casual wear. safe but very very nice, fresh,clean.

If only it could make my whites white..

aqua76239
aqua76239

if you are looking for citrusy yet green scent, look no further. I am a girl and forever have been looking for something citrusy yet green and fresh smelling. This smells just like I described. Totally unisex.
Lasting power is so so which is disappointing. I love the top notes which are very citrusy yet green at the same time. After it dries down, you smell kind of like you just taken a shower with Herbal Essences shower gel, very citrusy and clean. For me, this is a good scent to wear in hot weather and to places like work/church where you are going to be in close proximity to others.

giselle.sievers
giselle.sievers

Somebody please help me. I bought this perfume at Perfumeclick.ie ...I cannot be the same fragrance I´ve tried from a drugstore. First, the colour and box. Are there so many versions of this scent? One seems to be light bluish, and the other- the one I bought- it´s yellowish. The boxes, one has the check pattern yellow and blue, and the other, in silver. Anyway, I´m terribly disappointed and with the bitter suspicion I´ve been fooled. The price was similar to the street shops, I only ordered online because I bought alltogether with a discontinued perfume which only this online store appears to sell. Please, if is there any connosseur, who can rectify this, any person who already shop with perfumeclick...Much appreciated,

godisnowhere
godisnowhere

A new year day tour through the soap factory...

longevity : 3-6hrs in hot humid weather
sillage : moderate for 1-2 hrs and then soft till the cycle ends
notes : citrus blast opening and the citrus maintains throughout the cycle.. reminds me of an indian soap from the house of liril ..musk is present for most of the cycle, dont know how people missed it( good they missed it though, its a pathetic soapy musk which clings on).. maybe its the hot humid weather. certainly not to my likeness. will try later in winter sometime.
design : nothing much to talk about
price : better frags available at this price range..
overall if burberry had atleast this longevity in london then london would have been remarkable.. weekend justs ends my liking for burberry.. hope to get a better frag from burberry..

Seems great when my friend was wearing it though.. Not my cuppa tea though..

basoo311
basoo311

@Said, go for Brit..... I found the weekend a bit powerless.... but overall its alright for day use

hernie

I only love summertime because of Weekend! Don't like any other frag from Burberry, just Weekend. U feel fresh, sweet and clean all day! In my skin longevity is glorious! Loveeeeeee it!

said.mubarok.96
said.mubarok.96

Which is better between weekend and brit for man?
Anyone can give me an info ?

Somnus
Somnus

I know it's for men(I'm not), I like this very much. I love this citrus and woody scent. They're really good on my skin.
Although my friend said that It smells like a handsome "guy" when I was wearing it. well I took that words as a compliment haha. I think it's good for women too. So try it! If you like citrus and woody scent.
It may be too sweet for men at first. But when it's mixed on your skin, it turns into really good smells.

RobbieX

Weekend really is a well blended, refreshing and beautiful citrus. Smells very natural. It's a unique and lovely citrus.

Redbeard
Redbeard

I'm one of those that like Weekend, in spite of its weakness. And because of this weakness/lightness, I'm really shocked that so many people could find it so terrible, as opposed to just generic. It's like a subtle but expensive lemon soap, very natural-smelling, that leaves a light green skin musk afterwards, with a drop of honey. It's really calming to use like an Eau de Cologne on the hottest days, and I think it would be very hard to overspray this stuff. I'd place it in the same family as the ever popular Live Jazz (i.e. unsweet citrus with herbs and greenery for the base) but it's less heavy on the herbs. Thus, Weekend might be good if you can't take the cilantro in Live Jazz. Or you might even think of it as a lemon counterpart to Eau d'Orange Verte. I've been on a recent body wash kick, and Weekend's is very refreshing...it "translated" better into the body wash than many of the others that I bought. Overall, Weekend has an old-fashioned EdC-like feel to me, but not the odd and archaic sense that some of the really old EdCs (Caswell-Massey #6) give me. It's among the more "english gentlemanly" of its type among the recent ones, but still feels contemporary.

esteban747
esteban747

I saw Weekend at a very good price in a store. I went home, checked fragrantica and went back to buy it.
by the top notes I was expecting a "fruit bomb", but what I get is first a lot of citrus, especially lemon and mandarin.
After a few minutes it starts to get green and slightly powdery and woody.
I was waiting for the pineapple and melon to appear, but that never happened.
I like fruity fragrances for men. If you read the reviews, many of them state that this is a fragrance for women. Ok, if a men's fragrance has to smell like pine/leather/musk/tobacco in order nto be considered a masculine scent, then yes, Weekend is not that. Weekend is a clean, light (not in its sillage, but on the notes), and just by the name "weekend" you can tell that's the whole idea, an "out of the shower" fragrance that has nothing to do with the "serious and ultra alpha male" fragrances that most guys wear at work.

Soapstone
Soapstone

On my skin this isn't heavy on citrus, but makes a nice combo of green/fruity notes with flowers and a distinct honey note. It is far from any aquatics, boring sport flankers and "blue" summer fragrances. For me this reminds my of calm summer day in a grassy meadow.

michael.j
michael.j

I love this one. Found a small bottle at Marshall's for 25 bucks. Liked it so much I ordered a bigger bottle. Burberry Weekend will never be the darling of the critics, but for what it is, it's a rather pleasant surprise. Yes it's light and citrusy. Yes it's a department store fragrance. But, it is most certainly not an aquatic clone. It's far better than D&G's Light Blue and Light Blue Living Stromboli. And it's far better than much of the Gatorade garbage masquerading as sport flankers. I like this more than any of the other Burberry offerings, which to me are so ordinary and lacking in imagination that they surely must have been designed by a committee of mail room clerks.

kenney77
kenney77

I just bought this today I like it very different but in a good way very strong at first very sweet and powdery on my skin very fresh but it's great good job Burberry
Worth the blind buy

gd15329
gd15329

Just a (nice) citrus (sharp & synthetic) fragrance with no development - but it's safe (option) and pleasant choice. Pity it's so linear for Burberry, I had bigger expectations I love the brand.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I have been a fan of Burberry fragrances for a long time and I am sorry to say, "I do not like this fragrance, sorry." It goes on very strong and my nose cannot take it. To me it smells like Windex.

merezvan
merezvan

وای خیلی خنک و شیرین واقعا عالی و خوش بو خنکی فوق العاده اون اصلا خسته کننده و بی رمق نیست و همه رو مجدوب خودش میکنه پخش نسبتا بالایی داره ماندگاری کمی داره اما ارزش خریدشو داره من دلم نمی یاد ازش استفاده کنم .عاشقش میشی باور کن

Jun0711
Jun0711

As for me, this cologne is good for summer seasons at office

jimmyschecter
jimmyschecter

The first time i'm buying blind perfume on the internet via online shop. This is so strong ambience and so sweet scent for me, too much fruits yea. Honestly this is not my taste actually. Only that of my experience about Burberry weekend for Men.

beaconaust
beaconaust

It is more like a woman's scent than one designed for men. MIT is just too sweet fo me. I put it on and feel like I am wearing fruit salad! The other thing is ha it it goes off in the bottle. I bough some at an airport while intransitive becaus I had forgotten to pack cologne and here wasn much o choose from. Mi used it only onc because it made me self conscious. I dug out the bottle about 6 months later an hav it a test squirt, only to find that it smelled kind of rancid! All in all, not for me!

mtheory8
mtheory8

of all the lemony, citrisy summer scents, this is overpriced and does not smell good imo. You can get much better clean, fresh summer scents for much cheaper like CKone, claiborne curve, at the similar price range, Azzaro Chrome is much better. This one smells like detergent, do not recommend.

arzacu
arzacu

I recently got this fragrance and i'm very surprised.

It starts with a very sharp lemony note, blended with fruity pineapple that i love♥... easily becomes on a grassy and herbal note.

I think that herbal is the perfect word for this perfume, herbal and fresh, i mean, that "herbal" note is along all the fragrance, and the drydown is so clean, and soapy, like a honey and citron soap...

Perfect for summer and winter too, because is fruity, fresh, grassy, but lasts very much.

I recommend this one if you want to smell clean, fresh/herbal, it has a good lasting power without being cloying, to be a spring/summer scent.

Definetly represents a very relaxed and informal youthful weekend.

love it!

ryanmorgan
ryanmorgan

The other day I layered this with Police Wings and the results were amazing !
I brought Police Wings because it was cheap and I always have a bottle of Burberry Weekend as it was my first ever fragrance.
It was a beautiful combination, I have always liked layering scents as they become more personal, and this combination was really earthy and green smelt a bit like freshly cut grass with a bit of spice ! lovely ! :-)

KeithScar

Burberry Weekend is a nice and pleasant spring summer fragracne. Weekend in my opinion is a "sleeper" colonge from the Burberry house because its overshadowed by London and Burberry Brit. This frag holds steady ground on the light notes with citrus and tropical fruits and dries down to a sandlewood which gives it that masculine vibe. Perfect colonge on those spring summer days and will get compliments.

MrMookie
MrMookie

I just tried it on my wrists today and was in shock by its strange, metallic, synthetic and cloying smell on me.
Reviews says other things here but ok.
Its unique smelling thats for sure . But somehow i find Weekend a strange fragrance its airy and unpleasantly strange and not a safe blind buy imo. maybe by its pineapple and lemon (citrus fruit) combo what makes this so freakingly strange. Normally ilike strange scents but this one is one the dislike side.
Some reviewers say it smells like a laundry detergent and maybe in a way they are right.

Space Invader
Space Invader

Price: 8/10
Projection: 5/10
Versatility: 7/10
Compliments: 8/10
Buy/Try/Pass? Try
Rating (0-10): 8

Note: Summer day fragrance! Just an acute blast of citrus, but a good one. It's a shame only lasts a couple of hours. If you want a natural citrus, go for Dior Homme Sport, not this one

henky
henky

this perfume is a safe blind buy, fresh citrusy, but nothing special for me...just so so.perfect for day time and hot weather.

teazer
teazer

I bought this at a very low price. It smelled good in the shop but as I unwrapped it at home and sprayed it on, I was shoked by the scent I smelled. This really smells just and only like citrus. It reminds me of a toilet cleaning product. I really dislike this and never use it at all...

hernie

Es un exquisito perfume,tónioo, fresco, ideal para el verano.Siempre tengo un frasco para cuando empiezan los días cálidos en mi país y amo ponermelo en todo el cuerpo. Sus notas frutas y de miel y ámbar le dan un toque sensual irresistible para quienes me preguntan que perfume llevo. Altamente recomendable. En piel dura aproximadamente 4 hs en mi caso, por eso lo reaplico para mantener la magia!

RobbieX

Got this very cheap. Weekend is a light, sharp citrus. It actually smells like pure lemon juice, sort of sharp and bitter at first.

Lacoste essential sport is similar but much smoother and sweeter.

But after wearing this for a while now, I find that the sillage (it's saving grace) is actually quite a nice smell.

Weekend is a nice refreshing citrus which grows on you and has its own character.

kanak
kanak

i live in a warm place and this is just perfect for hot weather. lasts a long time and most women seem to like it on me. maybe it blends really well with my body chemistry coz i am a little surprised at the lack of love shown for this baby. if you live in a hot tropical place and are looking for something fresh smelling and long lasting, you cant go wrong with this. 8/10

summerjet
summerjet

Squirt; bang; lemon followed by lime followed by grapefruit.
After it settles, it leaves a strange aroma. The fruit cocktail is still there, but it has become something very inorganic. A plastic beaker full of squash.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

This was a blind buy that's been sitting on the shelf for a time now. I finally gave myself an opportunity figure out why I dislike this fragrance. It's that lemon/lime overload! Just terrible.

KeithScar

Burberry Weekend is a perfect light crisp fresh scent thats a nice fit for casual everyday wear thats not overbearing or fades away fast. My second favorite from the Burberry house next to Burberry London

Dougczar
Dougczar

Lemon covered grapefruit. I pick up the oakmoss and sandalwood in the drydown, but this is all about the lemon and grapefruit fighting for attention for much of its short life.

While this is a wonderfully bright and fresh citrus fragrance, it does have some drawbacks. The opening is a little sharp, and the longevity is horrid. If you have 4711, then you don't need this one. This actually reminds me a little of Creed Original Cologne for the first 30 minutes (albiet much less refined than the Creed).

So, while Burberry Weekend is nowhere near perfect, it is a great pickup for the price, and a very enjoyable wear for the warm summer months.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

This is Brut, more or less, with the original Calone molecule added, and two or three extra citrus fruits. The top is bright and fizzy, and then I get a grandiloquent haze of white musk, jasmine, lavender, and a sprig of mint in the far background. It's far too muted to result in anything memorable, or for that matter, enjoyable. Skip this and just wear Brut.

akheperure
akheperure

I got a bottle of this one today, and after spraying it on I was taken back to my school days in the 60's. I imagine that this cologne has got some note that was in vogue for fresh colognes at that time and which I have not felt since.
At first it felt funny to smell this scent on me, but after a while the citrusy notes started to feel fresh and pleasant, and I kept spraying it on throughout the morning.
It is a unisex fragrance, uncomplicated and clean. I quite like it.

Cassiano
Cassiano

This one has a strong and nice opening. I believe it is due to the citrus notes + pineapple, which I love in colognes. But I must admit that in the middle notes there is something is strange...I think it's because of the Ivy + oakmoss, which gives strength and, at the same time, a weird herbal aroma. However, it is exactly at this point that the scent shows to what it came for...and it depends on the chemistry of your skin.
The base is very good, since it has honey + amber.

On my skin, it has a huge lasting but a low projection. To summarize, it is a very nice cologne for hot days with a different aroma, which I like.

It’s a kind of fragrance that if they had put inside a Creed bottle, for instance, would sell a lot, specially in times of niche discovery.

But I must admit that in the middle notes something is strange...I think it's because of the Ivy + oakmoss, which gives strenght and, at the same time, a weird aroma. However, is exactly at this point that the scent will show what it came for...and it depends on the chemistry of your skin.

The base is very good, since it has honey + amber.
On my skin, it has a huge lasting but a low projection. By the way, I don't have too many problems with cologne's lasting on me and this one, definitely, is not an exception.

To summarize, it is a very different aroma, which I like. In times that everybody only talk about niche fragrances, I could say that if you put this cologne inside of a bottle of Bond nº9 or Creed, it will sell A LOT!

bsbnsc
bsbnsc

this smells like you're @ Barnes & Nobles

if you like the place then you'll like it, if you don't then you wouldn't

saguna
saguna

Very pleasant. Perfect for summer time, but I also used in winter and it was ok.
When I wear it, I am in good mood. Clean, citrus, nice fragrance and people compliments are very often.
I wish it could have better staying power. On me 3-4 hours and then very close to skin.
But I absolutely love it, and steal from my hubby.

Gorgon71
Gorgon71

A Soft citrus, hints of clean baby. Perfect daytime office fragrance. The hints of honey are lovely close up...intimate.

colognecollection
colognecollection

I purchased this at Ross (boxed and locked) because of the name but I've learned my lesson. I wasn't thrilled when I first smelled it. For me personally, it's not for work or a special night out. I don't think it's bad, It's just not great. I see many people nailed it saying it smells like something you would spray on your bed sheets or clothes like febreeze.

At this point I've come to the conclusion that it's not something I'm going to wear. I am just going to spray these on my bed sheets and clothes from time to time and switch it's application for that purpose only. Guess there's a first time for everything.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

I picked this up when I went out on a trip to Vegas. Was walking the strip and stopped at one of the vendor carts. This frag seems to work very well in areas where you have cigarette smoke. Not sure why. ??? Once I got back home, I wasn't as pleased with it at all. To much floral. It took a trip to the dumpster and decided to stay there.

cubyberry
cubyberry

I spray it on my bed sheet,and the honey base note had been lasting for few days,it was really suprised me.

Aroma d'Latino
Aroma d'Latino

"Clean Laundry"!!

This is what my girl friend told me I smelled like when I wore this cologne one night I visited her home.

I always thought this was an “ok” fragrance. It is not the greatest but not the worst fragrance either. I used it as an everyday summer fragrance because it has a very clean and fresh scent (the type of scent that goes with a t-shirt and jeans) but, apparently my friend thought I was wearing clean and fresh clothes out of the dryer because she said my laundry smelled so clean, she even asked me what kind of laundry detergent or softener dryer sheets I used LOL!

Her sister said she had a friend who always smells like clean laundry too “What do you guys use?” I said “nothing special, we just like to wear clean clothes as soon as we take them out of the dryer, it’s a man thing” lol

I never told my friend or her sister I was wearing Burberry Weekend (that friend of her sister was probably wearing it too). This is an average "ok" fragrance that suits some but does not suits others; I can see why many people like it or hate it.

IMO (rating out of 10)

Projection: 8

Longevity: 8.5

Sillage: 8

Scent: 7.5
(A bit synthetic, not for everybody but good enough if you want something different in your rotation for the summer)

Presentation: 9
(Lovely frosted glass bottle with heavy silver cap with Burberry logo engraved)

Asphaltblume
Asphaltblume

Reminds me of a traditional eau de cologne. Lots of lovely citrus plus a fresh grassy scent that smells like a freshly mown lawn with a hint of mint and other herbs.
It's a dark green fragrance to me, probably due to the oakmoss and ivy.
Later on, there's an aquatic note that reminds me of freshly caught fish, still wriggling. Towards the drydown the fragrance becomes warmer and more sensual.
But I can't smell fruits or much sweetness, no honey for me.
As I said, to me/on me it's redolent of traditional eaux de cologne. And like those, Weekend for men is wearable for both men and women alike.

editionblanche
editionblanche

this is a very fresh and sweet lemonade.
smells sunny and happy
it really fits brazilian weather
a different citrus

abhinavmadan1980
abhinavmadan1980

too artificial for me. i like the smell, but its not like a cool body smell, should be used as a car / room freshner

lckbraz
lckbraz

I love the top notes; bright, happy, fresh.
The dry down , at least for my nose, is agony. I don't know why.
The sensation is exactly being on a beautiful pick nick on the country that turns out a nightmare at the end of the day.

jesvox
jesvox

Burberry Weekend is a little life saver! It's a fragrance to spray on after a weekend of partying in Cabo, waking up hungover next to a beautiful girl and you reek of cigarettes and alcohol from the previous night, just spray some Burberry weekend on! and your good to go.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A strong lemon scent which projects well for the first two hours, is affordable, could be used as a sporty frag, but does not last very long..

0-2 hours - A strong lemon scent, perhaps sour lemon and maybe overdoses on the lemons but ok and not bad on the whole. Very similar to a lemon scent my Turkish barber sprays on me after I have may hair shaved at the back. Projection strongish, approx 2 foot

2-6 hours. No projection, scent goes very close to skin. The longer it goes the less sourness there is and it is better after 4 -5 hours. Little chilled-lemon kicks in. Could be sporty frag now as more invigorating

This is affordable and very basic - a you get what you pay for kind of scent. Linear, not-complex and inoffensive after 2 hours. It's ok, but I would not buy it

pie_boy
pie_boy

I love this scent, I think is the right balance of citrus fresh and clean smell without being overpoweringly masculine like many new fragances that just give the links effect,

this one to the contrary is refreshing sexy and masculine enough, it last all day on my skin and when I put my t-shirts in the washing machine they still smell of it, absolutely brilliant 10 out of 10

bp
bp

This is one of the few perfumes that I dislike.
I did not like to use it, and do not like to feel the smell of it in anyone.
But the problem is, of course, just my tastes. I know people who love this one and I respect that opinion.
Unfortunately for me this perfume is impossible to use.

cerebellum
cerebellum

This cologne is currently for sale at the drugstore beside my house, and I tried it on not realizing it was for men.....and I love the way it smells on me!! I might go back and buy it anyways!

evilspin
evilspin

One of the WORST fragrances around. A very boring Citrus fragrance. I hate synthetic smells. It doesnt get compliments, you grow tired of smelling the scent on yourself, theres no interesting changes in the notes or dry down and again why would you wear somthing thats nothing unique or new? There are so many better ones out there to choose if you are looking for a citrus fragrance (AnF Fierce, O.C. Bigelow Lemon & John Varvatos Artisan). If you are buying only based on the trusted name...do yourself a favor and get their fragrances that receive compliments and never make you tired of smelling yourself: Burberry Brit, London or Touch.

darknessiseek
darknessiseek

I use to use this but after awhile the smell gets irritating and gives major headaches. It was a nice smell but after awhile just gets old.

theperfumecart
theperfumecart

when my sister gave this to me as a gift...i totally loved it! im from a sunny country but we have this cooler place and i really enjoyed this perfume when i used this when i was at that place. i love the smell! fresh and totally fresh!

crazyrabbits
crazyrabbits

I did a blind-buy of this cologne solely based on the brand name, as I had never seen it before.

Like others have mentioned, the first impressions are an immediate hit of citrus aroma that's very pleasing. However, I found that as it dried down, the citrus gave way to a musky, overly synthetic "honey-like" smell that started to annoy me the more I stayed in contact with it - even though I'd only sprayed it on one arm.

Sillage is fairly low, but it's not something that will offend most people (one woman who hated all perfumes liked the scent). Longevity's just less-than-average. It's a casual summer/fall cologne that's only good if you're just hanging out at the beach or a restaurant.

Considering how long this cologne has been out, I'm surprised that it's never had a "Weekend Intense" variant like Le Male or Cool Water.

periquito89
periquito89

Not my kind of citric and fresh scent. If the inicial blast promises something really citric, what I quickly get is something more flowery or anything else but citric, what surprises me considering the notes I´m seing here (bergamota, grapefruit, lemon). Maybe this is just the result of the salad which comes also with pineapple, honey and other ingredients indistinct to my nose. Not clearly a pour Homme. In fact, remembers me more a feminine one.

OrangeSatchel89
OrangeSatchel89

just got this from one of my bestfriend.. really love the scent.. for me it is simple, fresh n clean.. love the citrus burst.. definitely one of my favorite summer fragrances..

MRare
MRare

The notes make this seem like some great summer fruity fragrance for men, but this is EASILY Burberry's worst fragrance. This was actually the fragrance that got me in to fragrances, cause I never wanted to buy crap like this again. Yes, I was an idiot and blind bought this at Marshall's...

I get tons of wood and powder/floral out of it. My gf thinks it smells really feminine. Overall:

Cameron96McBride
Cameron96McBride

I got this for valentines day, i love it ! not just becasue it was from a special person but its because it smells very unique and it projects very well! one of my favourites burberry did really good on this one.

At the top of the notes it smells like freshly peeled oranges with a bit of a very sweet lemon that isnt sour, and it also has a tiny bit of woody smell that is sandalwood that rounds out the overall top notes.
it does project pretty good,

as you get into the dry down im not to sure about this but i think it gets more woody and then it disapeers

this does last about 11 hours on me, just thought id say that because i made it sound like it doesnt last long, i thoughht the bottle on this was very simple but different at the same time,

Ratings

Longevity 8.8/10

Projection- 8.2/10

overall smell- 9.4/10 i love the smell of the oranges and lemon and sandalwood mixed together!

Hope this helped!

Sorry folks! but this Weekend is boring. I don't get this as a citrusy scent really. I just smell pineapple and a tiny bit of melon, but the scent comes out as mild soapy like baby soap, which later turns to this musky baby powder. It's kinda sweet with amber but very subtle. You guys can easily skip this one. There are many better citrus/summer fragrances out there, especially CK.

LLL3
LLL3

I got this as a fun surprise for my BF. He loves the original Burberry and the Summer version. Well, this one was rejected by him as being too fruity and feminine and handed back to me. I gave it a shot but I don't think this can be worn by women, as other people have suggested. Why? It was much more masculine on me and I got oakmoss and sandalwood notes exclusively, nothing suggesting honey or fruit. Verdict: Not manly on men and too manly on women. Epic fail.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

How did this get to the public? I have had a habit of sending colognes that I get as gifts to the “use as air freshner in the bathroom” collection that I don’t like. This one just made its final appearance in the dumpster. Hated it. Garnered worlds worst headache from it and did I mention that I hate it?

I should have…

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Soapy³.
Could be the male version of Extravagance D'Amarige.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

It smells like a big fresh summer garden with a lot of citrus trees, ivy leaves, green grass, flowers, fruits, sunshine and well-being.
Very underrated fragrance.
I prefer this over Acqua di gio.
This one got a better quality bottle as well.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

WOW! Truelly aweful scent.
Take out the four citrus scents and we've got something worhtwhile. The melon and pineapple would have been the perfect fruit effect on this wonderful composition, and a maervellous start, but instead it was a synthetic, citrus that stung the nose. I dont smell any honey, i get the rest of the smell in the drydown, but the citrus has ruined it from the start, and lingers veery slightly throughout, it warps the other notes. It would have been softer, and with the volume of the citrus replaced by the an even dividend of all the other notes in addition, Weekend could have been heavier and more wearable.
Awesome drydown ruined by an overkill of citrus.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A simple scent. Input your notes are citrus and very soft like a fruit cocktail, its middle notes are citrus and smooth with very slight hints of sandalwood, its base notes are soft and slightly sweet with honey detectable.

Their age range is eminently think for people younger than 35 years, I think it is too informal. A strange smell at the same time simple. I could easily be unisex fragrance. An informal smell, citrus, fruity and slightly sweet, only appropriate for warm days or warm, perfect for casual days and meetings with friends. Not suitable for any formal use. Good projection and durability in the skin.

tonni
tonni

It must be the most sour scent for men in the world,When I sprayed it,There are millions of sour orange and lemon dancing around my body,I think I will be killed by the sour.

QCYCORNELL
QCYCORNELL

wooow...great price for a whopping quality fragrance......i was quite uncertain when choosing this particular fragrance...cos i wasn't sure it was going satisfy my style n taste. but atlas! i was spellbound on the first use!
i just can't stop loving it!

After buying a Burberry mini coffret set containing Weekend, London and Brit-I loved them all! But the 5 ml bottles had little plastic plugs in the tops (I assumed so they would not leak in shipping)and I removed them.(!) Two weeks after trying all three, I noticed more than half of all three evaporated! What was left behind was a thick oily liquid too strong to wear and it stained the skin. I bought all three in larger sprays, and was lucky enough to find a one ounce EDT at Marshalls for 15.00...

This is a very British scent: clean, dry and quite proper. The opening is very fresh and full of smooth, dry citruses(grapefruit, lemon and bergamot mostly); the melon and pineapple add a fruity, less citric flavor but never really develop fully (and I'm glad, it would be a bit too 'fruit salad'!). Ivy's bitter green and oakmoss' sharp green scent combine very well with the sandalwood light aromatic woodsiness in the heart as it goes from fresh and airy to a clear, verdant woodsy that I just love. Not too fresh and not too sharp or heavy. This is well named and is an excellent scent for relaxing on the weekend: bright like a sunny day, fresh like a summer breeze, and outdoorsy without being sporty. The drydown is sweet and smooth with rich ambers and sweet flowery honey, rich and gently delicious. The projection is not powerful, but when someone catches a whiff of you they know you are wearing a quality fragrance and I've gotten more than a few compliments on this. The longevity is very good on me-but this goes from citric fruity to woody green to sweet and rich, (the sweetness lasts the longest)so if you are looking for a citrus or green that lasts, this may not be for you. If you like a well-made fresh understated fragrance that says quality-get this...it's a Burberry through and through-in shorts and henley, as opposed to suit and plaid-lined trench.

Sillage: close
Longevity: good (see above)
Overall:3.75/5

I suppose the right woman could pull this off, fragrance is personal thing-there are some men's scents that work better on females and vice versa. The woodsy green stage does smell quite masculine, but the drydown is sweet. Overall, I really like this fragrance. For a lovely light scent, that's not 'cookie cutter' or like everything else-go Weekend...

myb86
myb86

Well done Burberry. I recently went out in search of Eternity Summer 2010 but since I could't find it I was asked to try this one....well I was amazed the scent is fresh and so attractive...I LOVE IT

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺
Burberry weekend starts off very fruity, which can be good for weekends to live up the concept. The lid is engraved beautifully with Burberry Code of arms.

However, the drydown is extremely sweet. Its sweetness is not the same vibe as Paco Rabanne 1 Million thanks to its honey note. I find it very cloying on my skin.

I agree with others saying this scent can be easily worn by women too :)

Cheers,
☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺

dubeau206
dubeau206

This stuff is pretty bad. I bought a bottle at Ross, tried it once and gave it away. Maybe there was some chance it was old? I don't know much about colognes expiring.. I've had the same bottle of Acqua Di Gio for 3 years now and it still smells fine. Anyways, I wouldn't recommend this at all.

lalosoto4
lalosoto4

This is a really strange perfume. Smells like something cheap or common, but is very very nice and fresh. I like it a lot

adhieoprah
adhieoprah

the opening is very fresh and somehow it's too harsh in my opinion, I don't know maybe because the pineapple mix with the citrus makes it too much for the fresh opening, but it doesn't stay long then I really can smell the sandalwood mix with honey at the bottom notes which is friendly for nose and made your thought calm and happy, really brilliant idea to put honey for the bottom notes mix with amber and it's quite stay long you can smell the honey on your skin, very very marvelous drydown though it doesn't stay long, but I can smell it the honey and amber till 8 hours in my skin, but if you consider to pick the fragrance mix from top notes into bottom, it's really not your choice I suppose, cause the opening is to harsh, just a thought, no offense :)

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

A very average perfume that I bought from a traveling salesman. Despite being a male fragrance the salesman himself recommended this since it was a unisex smelling fragrance. This fragrance is not long-lasting and in my opinion is a bit disappointing coming from Burberry. It smells like a cheap discount fragrance.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Good old Burberry! Weekend is fresh yet calm, zesty, clean, invigorating, cheery, sensual & smooth - well worth a prolonged trial as it is not to be judged on first sniff.

At first I imagined that the fragrance would remain fairly linear, a pretty but plain citrus. However, with Burberry you get perfumes with character & BW doesn't shame the name.

Burberry is tongue-in-cheek British-posh...croquet & a wink. BW takes you on a delightful, playful parade around a lush garden designed with twists & turns to first delight & sharpen the senses & then calm & caress your mind....it keeps you on your toes.

The opener gives you armfuls of bitter green citrus. Soon "yellow" fruits burst on the skin, yet never ripen - they, too, are crisp & clean, covered in salty sea-spray.....but wait, the best is yet to come!

The slight smokey-green note emerges & stops the scent from floating further into citrus highs. Smooth & silky sandalwood softens the composition & soothes the wearer before honeyed pineapple drips over your sun-kissed skin.

As a woman I would happily don this scent in summer, but in truth it does lend itself to a very masculine wearer. My BIG gripe? The lasting power & sillage....this will be your little secret to share with your cherie....a brief affair unless you reapply frequently!

andy
andy

its a nicely done aromatic citrus for those who like citruses but i got it before i really started collecting and its kinda fruity but lacks an edge

guest_Annalisa
guest_Annalisa

I love this smell on my husband. It's not too complex, but it smells great. It has a very clean and fresh, but decidedly masculine, scent to it. To me, I think of driving in a convertible along the sea coast, or rowing a boat out onto the lake - it's not an occasion scent or a spicy woody scent, but it smells young, clean, and sexy.

guest_Laguzza
guest_Laguzza

I found this super strange perfume has smell of paper and dried lemon peel or a chemical cleaning. I think I need some time to please you.

guest_drew
guest_drew

smelled good to me until i started really collecting cologne and now its kinda so so like many of the burberrys except brit.... unfortunately like many of those scents there kinda tame and boring and i like a little more of a kick in my scents not the copycat dept store scents that all have a citrus smell!! for my opinion ive found some underground frags that smell 10 times as good as this for less than half the price they should put those brands up on here rather than the common name brand items nobody likes

SaintLue
SaintLue

Really Like this sent.Have for a very long time. Had to even steal my little brothers bottle haa

hernie

Delicious and original. Fresh but long lasting on my skin. Love it

It's no secret that my favourite perfume of all time is Weekend for Women, so I was eager to see what the male version was like with the intention of perhaps purchasing it for my significant other.

This cologne is not a floral like its female equivalent, which I consider a good thing, (I like my men to smell masculine). Weekend for men is quite fruity yet pleasantly sour, that makes this scent a fantastic Summer fragrance, as it is sharp and refreshing without being too overpowering.

The lasting strength is not bad, however I'm speaking from a female perspective where many of our fragrances are eau de parfum rather than eau de toilette, so the lasting power might actually be fantastic for some.

Weekend is so light and clean that it could actually be worn by a very daring woman. However, I do believe that this fragrance is very masculine. The only element of this fragrance that mirrors Weekend for Women is the honey note in the drydown, which adds warmth and a little bit of sweetness.

My verdict on this fragrance; I love it yet I don't think this type of fragrance would suit my man, (he's more into dark and woodsy scents). However, I will consider buying this for some of my male friends when it comes time to buy them gifts.

guest_arman
guest_arman

smell like flower(melur)

chriswchan420
chriswchan420

i really like this cologne because it's not too fruity or woody. Just the right mix. the only problem i have with it is that it's kinda weak and after a few minutes you have to be VERY close to smell it. Within 5 hour span i had to spray twice and the scent was gone pretty fast. With that said, this would be the perfect cologne to wear when you know you're gonna get close to that special someone without having an overwhelming smell of fragrance.

Migotka
Migotka

I am a big fan of Weekend for women, today I smelled ths one and I think it is its worthy equivalent. Very nice, fresh, sharp. I would like more of my friends to use it.

scentsible
scentsible

One of the few 'fresh' colognes I like. Must be the sandalwood; I favor woods.

Lasts all day on me with a second application a few minutes after the first, plus a bit on the shirt.

dancam86
dancam86

This is the first perfume I ever bought and it was until recently my favorite perfume... Now my collection has grown to more than 30 fragrances and I learned that there are thousands of fragrances that are more complex and better smelling than this one (there are better fragrances in the Burberry line also).
I love it's simplicity, still love the top notes and it is still among my top 10 for personal reasons but not my favorite anymore. Sorry...

knightz
knightz

This one is easy to review. A Lemon opening with a grapefruit heart. You may notice a little touch of Sandalwood coming from the base, very lightly. That's it, mostly lemon and grapefruit. Lasts between 2 and 3 hours with close sillage on me. If you are looking for a lemon scent that is even less complex and as short-lived as 4711, this is for you.

It's not often I need a lemon cologne that has no sillage or longevity, maybe once or twice a year. My bottle sits alongside my 4711 and collects dust. It's a nice lemon scent that should have been released as a unisex scent. There is nothing 'manly' about it.

epolpits
epolpits

what other perfumes that smell like this? coz i really love this scent and im looking for alternatives. tnx=)

Aiona
Aiona

Even though it's tagged as "for men," I would happily wear it (if my husband didn't say, "It's making me sick," which he says to nearly all perfumes.) It's lemony-lime and bergamot, and it didn't change much, even after drying down. Very fruity! On my skin, even my coworkers thought I was wearing a feminine perfume.

Weekend for Men by Burberry 3.43 out of 5 based on 450 ratings and 103 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Burberry Weekend for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Burberry Weekend for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Weekend for Men by Burberry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Weekend for Men by Burberry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.