Designers » B » Woody Aquatic « Groups

Aqva Amara Bvlgari for men
dislike

I have it: 529 I had it: 106 I want it: 488 My signature: 15

smoky
Aqva Amara Bvlgari for men Pictures Aqva Amara Bvlgari for men Pictures Aqva Amara Bvlgari for men Pictures Aqva Amara Bvlgari for men Pictures Aqva Amara Bvlgari for men Pictures Aqva Amara Bvlgari for men Pictures

Aqva Amara, a new flanker of the masculine fragrance Aqva from Bvlgari, represents a new twist in the creation of aquatic perfumes. Perfumer Jacques Cavallier enriched the composition with noble ingredients making it more luxurious, while trying to preserve the distinctive aquatic and Mediterranean character.

Aqva Amara, or "bitter water", is a fragrance filled with energy and light symbolized with its copper color bottle. The composition includes accords of Sicilian mandarin mixed with oil of neroli flower. The base notes are Indonesian patchouli and white incense olibanum.

Famous male model Jon Kortajarena poses on a beach as a sun kissed Greek god. The campaign was shot by Mario Sorrenti. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette. Aqva Amara was launched in 2014.

Sicilian Mandarin

Neroli Watery Notes

Indonesian Patchouli Leaf Olibanum

Aqva Divina
Hermann A Mes Cotes Me Paraissait Une Ombre

Aqva Amara Fragrance Reviews

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

After looking far and beyond for a contemporary mainstream aquatic frag, that skips the generic "cool water" vibe, the too-well known and 90's feel of "aqua di gio", i fell for Aqva amara:)

An aquatic scent should have a watery ocean vibe but not the clean fresh one that makes it un-challenging, and Aqva amara adds a bitter mineral slightly salty effect, that surprisingly i havent found in the original aqva. It opens with a strange slightly bitter and aquatic orange and neroli, even though seaweed is not listed i sense it, along the soft marine water accord, and the base that peeks about 1 to 2 hours is a slightly dark incense and patchouli.
I can never figure out the longevity and sillage in the first few weeks using a new fragrance, but it does feel satisfactory.
Big Like:)

scent: 8/10
longevity: 6/10
sillage: 6/10

emyalda
emyalda

A very strange scent,
there is aspects of this i like and others i just find downright weird.
I immediately thought of an Aunty with you on the beach, she is sitting under a tree.
Her body covered in sunscreen and she is opening up a mandarin to eat.

pjvillarante
pjvillarante

I just tried this fragrance. I'd like to remind you that this is not a "love at first sniff fragrance" like L'homme by YSL. The top notes somewhat reminded me of Kenneth Cole Black aftershave and a hint of Axe/Lynx body spray but better imo. The dry down is heavenly. I understand why there's a lot of dislikes in the graph because my girlfriend and I absolutely hate it at first so please give it some time before deciding. Spray, then take a walk for a while and boom! Heaven! Every minute, i just can't stop sniffing my wrist! I recommend applying 20 minutes before going out. Do not spray with other people around you because they will hate you for the first 20 minutes So, to summarize:

Top : Nah! I need some space please don't come near me.
Dry Down : Girls, come and eat me! I'm the sexiest man in the world!

Scent (Top) : 5/10
Scent (Drydown) : 10/10
Longevity : 9/10
Projection : 9/10

matty64
matty64

Spray sparingly, wisdom thru simplicity. Same perfumer as the original Aqva. Good job Bvlgari!

archlordema
archlordema

This is a superb scent for it's price, huge sillage, you smells super sexy and every women seems to like it a lot!

J.Gilmore
J.Gilmore

Amara was a blind buy since one of my favorites is Bvlgari Aqva. To me this frag came across as a citrus bomb in the sun while taking shots of tequila on the beach in the July sun heat index 104* with a very steamy looking coast line in the backdrop! nothing like aqva at all in this bottle, this is all you amara! Very simple frag from the the very complex AQVA.

assim.hayderi
assim.hayderi

This is the ultimate summer scent.. Not unique, very fresh, citrusy and somewhat sweet. Citrusy scents are nothing I like to wear but I can imagine wearing this on the beach or in the gym on a warm summer day.

Bkkorn
Bkkorn

After liking the Aqva marine, I gave this a purchase....and I'm glad I did.

This is such a unique spin on a aquatic scent. I'm not going to lie, the first top notes are odd to me and I don't care for it. While I do get the orange citrusy vibe and I like that, I also get a weird (please don't be offended I say this) vagina smell. But that smell only lasts for the first 30min or so.

Once the scent settles down on your skin, the dry down is so fantastic! It's clean, but it has this comfy warmth to it. Because it has both a fresh/clean with a warmth to it, I can say you can use this frag both day and night, but primarily in the spring and summer. It has a certain sexy undertone to it that draws people in.

Longevity on this is pretty good, about 7-8 hours on my skin.

For those seeking something different, and something that everyone else isn't wearing....give this a whirl. You may enjoy this. I think I found my summer signature scent with this.

WoodySpicy
WoodySpicy

Not really a big fan of fresh scents, but gave this one a shot because I needed something for the summer that would last longer than creed's MI..

If you guys have any good summer recommendations, tell me because this one didn't win me over.

Nice scent, but not enough for me to stick with it.

HorseusMaximus
HorseusMaximus

I actually bought this blind based off good reviews. As you can see from my wardrobe I enjoy fresh scents so this one enterigued me. On to the review...

It opens up with a heavy citrus to my nose it is straight oranges with a hint of "ocean darkness" if you well. It then drys into a very masculine earthy orange scent and lasts a solid 8 hours. Very unique and subtle. If I had to describe how this scent makes me feel in one word it would be "sex God". I look down at my penis and my body when I get out of the shower and spray this on,and it makes me feel like it's the most powerful orgasm inducing schlong in the world. That kind of confidence is powerful and dangerous all the same. To my nose this smells like sex. The rough hot heavy sex. I give this a 10 outta 10 on all fronts. It's the perfect signature scent for a man. Very masculine. A dirty clean if you will.

I'll actually be wearing this during my upcoming island getaway this weekend. We'll see how the lady likes it ;-)

Update - confirmed lady enjoyed the smell through two hardcore fuck sessions (excuse my French). Now all I can think of when I wear this is hardcore fucking on an island.

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

This is one of my summer loves.

To me this smells like a glass of sparkling and refreshing Schweppes Tonic Water. Citrusy and slightly bitter with a mineral water vibe. But an expensive kind of mineral water. Something you would get at a five star hotel in Italy.

The drydown is warm, sensual and kind of smokey. A gorgeous incense that works extremely well with the citrus. The bitterness lingers in this one, and gives the incense smoke a tangy oddness that keeps the scent interesting.

I think Aqva Amara smells complex enough to be interesting, and yet simple enough to work as a casual summer scent. It's a refreshing scent with an edge. And perfectly unisex in my opinion. Not particularly masculine or feminine. Very neutral smelling.

Sillage is medium to strong, and the longevity is great for a summer citrus. On me it lasts 8-10 hours.

Great perfume for those really hot summer days.

joenick68
joenick68

OK I gave it another try, and with a pleasant surprise I found out how nice this performs in a hot day, and probably I over sprayed it a little but Wow!, I got so many compliments today wearing it and even "a thank you" for wearing something that nice.. so I guess it will be one of my best to wear this Summer. I said above "giving it" another try because on the first one I was not so pleased with the essence, probably the bitterness of the opening, kind of loud and different that I needed more time to get acquainted with it. The bottle is very nice, same shape as the other Aqva flanker, but the copper color is beautiful. Definitely worth the buy.
I would recommend to get the gift set with she shower gel, is so nice to start enjoying the fragrance in the shower or bath.
I did wear both in this last time I tried the fragrance, probably that enhanced the cologne sillage and longevity. Very pleasant experience.

Onajbosanac
Onajbosanac

This one garners compliments. Ladies love this stuff on me.great performance and longevity and its unique.

Scent:8.5/10
Compliments : 10/10 ;)

Best used for day/outdoors

Gordoso55
Gordoso55

Wonderful warm weather bitter citrus aquatic. Nice complement getter. Good projection and longevity.

free_ion
free_ion

i really wanted to love this!!!

saw some reviews on youtube...

naaaah... not what i thought

a metallic orange fragrance that has nothing to do with the Aqva line DNA

well it IS aquatic... but not THE bulgari Aqua

Francoparfum
Francoparfum

So I think this is a nice bitter citrus rendition of Sauvage by Dior (well, this came out first).

Rating: 79.9%
Proverbs 27:9

Cancerian1978
Cancerian1978

Just recieved my bottle now. I can smell only the neroli flower. Nothing else. The fragrance is soft, cool, and shy but constant so it will stay in your skin with no change at all. It is not loud and the projection is poor. Sort of bed time perfume to me. Overall, it is nice if you get it cheap like I did. But I dont see myself buying it again.

FlirtBoy
FlirtBoy

on my skin this is Gucci Sport without the fig but with much better longevity (about 12 hrs) - 8/10

Anabol2336
Anabol2336

Wow this is some wild stuff! It was a very hot and humid day today so based on some reviews this fragrance is made for just that type of weather and i wanted to test it out. I sprayed about 4 sprays on before i went on my daily walk. I went to a Walgreen's to get some groceries and there was a really long line and a very pretty young woman with a bad attitude working the register alone. She was very rude and nasty to the customers going through the line and I dreaded having to go check out at her register as well. But when I finally got up to check out her whole personality changed. She inhaled deeply, smiled, looked me in the eyes and was extremely polite and even double bagged my groceries for me which was not needed. I was walking out the door and she said please come back and see me again and I said OK. This stuff is magical no doubt. It seems to be able to warm even the coldest young female heart. Amazing, better than Aqua di Gio even in it's prime! 10/10. :)

Hugo Montez
Hugo Montez

I really love that opening, but after that, the ugly marine note appears. Unfortunately i don't like that accord. but that orange and patchoully together are beautiful.

tj.barker
tj.barker

Amazing hot weather fragrance. The top note can be quite aggressive; however, it dies down after a few minutes.

The dry down is where this fragrance really shines. You can smell the marine notes blended perfectly with the mandarin. You get hints of the original Aqva, but not as intense of an ocean/seaweed vibe. In my opinion, its the best of the Aqva line -- perfect balance between fruity and aquatic.

I'm a huge fan of Acqua di Gio and other fresh/aquatic scents. I think Aqva Amara has taken the crown for my favorite summer day time scent. The compliments are very good, and the longevity is much better than ADG.

Highly recommended for ADG lovers.

fraggy_man
fraggy_man

great classy summer fragrance. Apart from the usual summery nature of this scent the creator has added something special which adds class/ sophistication to this, yes truly it stands out from other summer scents mainly because of the fresh patchouli - neroli combo i guess, it gives a metallic mossy vibe which qualifies this to be a formal occasion/ unique scent. Me a great fan of the original AQVA this added to my collection gives me an opportunity to layer with AQVA.. If you dont understand what i say, try it...!

Projection: 8/10 (1-3 hour mark)
Sillage(scent trail):8/10 (1-3 hr)
compliments: always
buy..try..pass..: sure buy for me-- if you like metallic/mossy scents (NOTE*)

*Note: This changes according to body chemistry, for some it reacts and stinks with sweat combo so please try before buy.

streetter
streetter

This is a solid offering. Just received my 3.4 from fragrancenet. Upon first wearing I did not notice it's strength. I sprayed 8 times all over myself. I could smell it but it didn't seem like a heavy hitter. I then stepped outside to take the trash out, good god almighty!!! In the open outdoor air this is rediculously pleasing and strong. Best worn outdoors summer for sure. There's something to be said about the way a scent smells indoors and how it smells a whole lot better outdoors. Anybody else experience this??

lbullard
lbullard

I love all the Aquas but this goes beyond fresh. I think they all garnish compliments because they are just good and different. The perfumer- Kudos for an excellent nose. Amara, takes what was fresh and makes it more classy, elegant and not going overboard with how and when you can wear it. I agree strong in the beginning but you just wait until thirty minutes and the fragrance turns into pure heaven.The trail of the scent is what I am saying is beautiful,masterful. I throw out a challenge to the perfumer JC, try to out do yourself on this one. lbullard

YouSmells
YouSmells

Over 40 male reviewer:

To be fair, I'm not an aquatics fan, but was looking for a summer frag. An online comparison video between this and Creed Virgin Island Water had this one winning out with the ladies by far.

I'm not surprised, as so many women seem to love the potent synthetic-smelling frags. ;) (Really seems to be the case though)

So I tried it.

To sum up quickly: This is potent stuff compared to VIW...MUCH stronger than VIW.

An ok opening citrus, but a heavy, thick, lasting dry down incensy-patchouli-grassy gig, the "grassy" part I might normally be ok with, but am not in this case.

The dry down and bottom are just too strong and not just that...just plain don't smell good to this nose. Had to get rid of the test strip quickly stinking up my car after two hours.

Not for me. I'm not a huge VIW fan, but I feel it is def superior to this as a summer frag.

3 out of 10.

silentrich
silentrich

The best out of the Aqua line. It's a simple fragrance that starts out with a watery bitter orange note which impressivly sticks around for a long time. The base is a little deceiving on this. There's almost no patchouli and the olibanum is more on the amber side than anything that resembles a church type incense. Overall this fragrance is a fantastic smelling summer fragrance that has above average projection and excellent longevity. Comparison wise this is TM Ultra Zest done right. Skip that and buy a couple of backup bottles of this.

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 9/10
sillage : 7/10
longevity :7/10
100% day fragrance

thegentleman89
thegentleman89

Just received this in the mail today. I like it, very pleasant smell. Just imagine yourself walking into a Jamba Juice and the first thing you smell is the fresh orange that they have. This is what Amara smells like. Fresh, clean, oranges.

Jim5150
Jim5150

I absolutely love this juice! I've finally found a citrus/aquatic that has great longevity and projection,as I get a strong 8-10 hours! I also get grapefruit notes as well as the Mandarin orange, even though I don't see it listed. It also faintly reminds me of Leau Dissey Pour Homme, but way, way better! The online price I payed is outstanding as well! Around $30!! I would recommend a blind buy for this! It's really that good!

greenpepper
greenpepper

This is the kind of composition and blend that I wish someone like (insert name here) would do a really high end version of. Great idea, very nice frag, would be better with top notch ingredients.

As is, I like it ... but a bit of a "cologne guy" vibe, a little more synthetic smelling than I would like, etc. . Best part is the drydown where the olibanum really merges with the dark orange. Opening is a bit tough to take (for me).

Good projection, and really good longevity/persistence. More than you would expect from something in this category.

thefragteen
thefragteen

MyCoh_JayRo
This is totally different than Terre d'hermes, this smells young and fresh while Terre smells mature and dirty!
I like both but prefer Aqva amara by far! Hope it helps :)

aleck93
aleck93

This is one of those when you smell it close to your skin it's just a mess. This one close up I can only smell the bitter orange, not very impressive.

But damn when you smell it in the air, it's a very nice aquatic feel with a touch of wet orange.

Officially becoming my main summer fragrance!

Greek model
Greek model

Greetings from Greece!
Guys..listen to me...
I'm in this fragrance game since 2 years and as a model i love sexy fragrances!
This stuff is [email protected]' AMAZING..!!
SUMMER SEX IN A BOTTLE..!!
amazing performance and longevity on my skin!!

Model's advice :
Best summer fragrances if you want to smell unique and sexy AND if you want ORGASMIC COMPLIMENTS from the opposite sex

1•Bulgari Aqua Amara (daytime-outdoors)

2•Versace Eau Fraiche (daytime-indoors)

3•Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme (nightout)

Nuff said..!!
Thank me latter..!

racket
racket

If you're a fan of orange then you're in for a treat with Aqva Amara. Great summer scent, and it's deceptively strong. Be careful on the trigger with this one.

I don't like saying "mouth-watering" but if any fragrance fits that description, it's this one.

8.5/10

fisken23
fisken23

20160524
A sudden change of mind, not my cup of tea after all. To much orange and to sweet smelling. I would not call this Woody Aquatic.

What a beautiful fragrance!!! Much better than the original Aqva and the rest of the Aqva-line.
This beauty climbs right in to my top 5 fragrances.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

Bvlgari's perfumes will be either generic but sharp, or simply excellent. Amara belongs to the second case. Thank God it's slightly different compared to the male perfumes world.

Very citrus, fresh, really bold to a point that I am not sure everybody will love. What it intrigues me is that I can smell something like raw eggs with sugar. Like an unbaked dough aromatised with rum, but after a few hours you know it's olibanum.

Sillage is ok but lasting power is very good! Ideal for 25+ men, why not woman, for me Bvlgari perfumes are more unisex. It gives a sporty vibe full of energy but at the same time is serious and quite formal. I am sure my nose would be attracted if the right one wear this correctly.

ZELJO
ZELJO

loved it and bought as soon as I could...now I quite regret,way too short lasting for my skin PH

Oldspice
Oldspice

I was expecting a whole lot more from this. I expected a lot of crisp, bright, bitter citrus on top but it's kind of a boring orange note. Soft orange and subdued aquatic notes eventually ending up with soft patchouli and a very light incense note.

MetalMan
MetalMan

Every day continues to be a struggle - it's like watching a car crash in slow motion...you know it ends in a bloody mess, but you can't help and see the beauty in the twisting metal and suspended glass glistening with the calloused ferocity of the sun. Such is my life...in the wretched heat and the wreck of my life, I reached for an old friend to soothe the nerves and calm myself - I donned Bvlgari Amara.

This is a beautiful fragrance if you appreciate what it is - a heat appropriate version of the original Aqva. I don't know how many have had the same experience as me when wearing Aqva in the heat - it turns into a putrid body odor mixed with a rotting sea....absolutely horrific and I was mortified to find out I was the source! Amara is the far more graceful and beautiful rendition of Aqva and Aqva Marine - the opening is a succulent orange meshed beautifully with the deep aquatic heart of the Aqva series and a far brighter neroli note to keep it clean and green. There is also a beautiful floral steam note that tucks in and out of perception - it keeps it interesting and a bit away from linear. The oceanic leather note that is found in Aqva is also in this and it holds up in the heat without the funk showing up - a perfect aquatic leather for the summer heat! It also lasts 12+ hours on my skin. If you haven't tried it, do yourself a favor and find it or blind buy it - it's that good!

Day 8 - A life in freefall
Listening to: Tame Impala - Eventually

mo_iz
mo_iz

just a perfect summer scent,bitter salty citrus(wonderful fresh mandarin)with a lot of aquatic vibe.

GrenouilleScent
GrenouilleScent

Very strong Calone is what I get. This aquatic-smelling chemical compound is indeed very strong and unfortunately it seems like it took over the fragrance. It's a pleasant smell when the note is subtle but can definitely be off putting (as some reviewers noticed) if it's too present.

AmmoSexual
AmmoSexual

Reminds me of when I worked in a BINGO hall in Florida

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

Made faithful to its name
Amara is exceptionally bitter.
Its hesperidic accord is citric sharp,
and piercing yet undeniably stimulating.
Simply, just another wonderful surprise from
the olfactory maestro, Jacques Cavallier.
Love it.

Booo
Booo

amara is very heavy and strong frag. named aqua its tricksy. because nothing light and airy there.

mapache
mapache

Let me start off by saying than Aquatics are NOT my thing...at all. I really don't even own one !!
So, I ignore them. A couple days ago...an SA told me to let him spray Amara on the top of my hand,and said that he was positive that I would LOVE it. I took his advice.
And....voila !!!....boy was he correct. Like other reviewers have said...this is not a "normal" scent...it is very unique.different...an aquatic with a TWIST. Yes...they are right...and in a very good way !!! A great surprise for me, and I will be enjoying a gift-set of Amara that I ordered on eBay by next week ....

radu191289
radu191289

This one impressed me, I love that it has no seaweed, longevity is high, and gives me the the feeling of fresh and clean, but does not feel 100% masculine.

highroller
highroller

Aqva Amara by Bvlgari-The reason I like this fragrance is because it is not Normal. When I first experienced this fragrance it repulsed me and I pushed it away like some deformed, disfigured child. However, being a fan of the strange and different, I gathered it back and embraced it like a mother who, unconditionally, loves her deformed, unwanted child. This perfume is a black sheep in the family of citrus based fragrances. Where most of the other citrus fragrances lean toward the boring and over produced 'Fresh and Clean', bright and crisp aspects. Aqva Amara (Bitter Water) is dark and cloudy, ominous and murky. No where in the olfactory sense is the fresh, crisp sparkle of Mandarin's citrus fruit, but instead the dried, aged, dark, musty aroma of the Mandarin's shriveling rind. How's that for a change of pace? The inclusion of Neroli puts a sweet, creamy slather on top of this murky darkness. Patchouli adds sexy, bohemian darkness to the mix. Olibanum gives lift and light to the dark facets of musty, dried Mandarin and sensual Patchouli. The watery notes add a humid, wetness resulting in the heavy, saturation of the drowning, airless medley.
Another reason I like this fragrance so much is it's incredible longevity, 12 plus hours. The sillage is heavy.
This is not an office scent, wear this on a night out in the city, or during the humid, monsoon season.
The fragrance has a tendency to shock and confound at first, resulting in the grimace of curiosity, The audience not knowing what they are smelling, a reaction I love dearly. Therefore, this fragrance gets my standing ovation.

unshkbl00
unshkbl00

The opening of this is very good if you like citrus. It's sort of a heavy citrus though, not the light airy type. After about 2 hours on my skin is when the magic really happens. It turns sweeter with an incense base.....very unique. Before it's just a sort of typical smell I guess. Although I'm not complaining at all. Good gem to have in the collection. the lasting power is pretty impressive too. i get at least 7-8 hours.

Overall 8/10

kingv420
kingv420

I have 95% full 100 ml bottle with case willing to trade or sell

lvxifer
lvxifer

There are not many new fragrances out there which can grab my attention and hold it as well.Aqva amara is one of them.from the first sniff,very impressed.bitter juicy mandarine,synthetic but who cares, mineral salty warm smell of sand and light incense earthy background.bitter water,for my taste perfect modern scent with charm,without tiresome trendy sweet notes.great performance on my skin.

juanski59
juanski59

just purchased the gem,and glad i did..
what an awesome smell,even though it's a summer fragrance works well in dead winter as well
will update later on how it really projects and compliments

angelo..zucchinni
angelo..zucchinni

this lovely pearl flask filled with sicilian oranges envelopes the nose...the alcohol opening is quite refreshing actually...as the bvlgari fragrance clings to you even as it dries down...and the smokeyness invites you to keep inhaling harder.....the blend of odors in this creation are intoxicating...frkn try it ..its a must have to any parfum conoseur....mmm

nathanlm
nathanlm

I received a sample of this from fragrancefind, the opening was full on orange abit like a citrus tiolet spray though, but the drydown is nice, something like Terre de hermes, it's likable after awhile.

GodKing
GodKing

Wow! A Bulgari Aqua fragrance that doesn't svck nor smell like all the other Bulgari Aqua fragrances. Aqva Amara is a very nice, fresh-aqvatic that also has a bit of smokey/dirtiness to it. Although they're not listed, I do sense a bit of an amber-musk accord in Amara. I really like this one!

Moreover, Amara is a unique scent that doesn't disappear on my skin in 2-3 hours like the other redundant Bulgari Aqva duplicates; it projects moderately and last 6+ hours on my skin. Is it good/unique enough to warranty the $90 retail price for a 100ml bottle? Perhaps, but I did wound-up buying this one at a discount house more than year ago and it has been one of my most complimented summertime fragrances- from both guys and gals.

It is the best Bvlgari Aqva fragrance, by far; a terrific summertime fragrance with a bit of character, spunk and masculine charm. Definitely worth checking-out if you generally abhor those gut-wrenching aquatic fragrances and/or have testicles.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

unique fragrance..masculine //..when you wear it you recive many compliments..it's a special .One of the best scents out there. I love it!
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

Without knowing notes, I smelled lemon, basil and a woody note. It's a men's cologne, but not strictly masculine. I rather love it. It's a great bright herbal with wood notes to ground it. I'm thinking spring and summer and I'll wear this. If my husband covets it, we'll have to get another bottle.

Strong&Bold
Strong&Bold

Very unique fragrance. Not the typical men cologne smell.
I bought it for my husband and I love it!

LE NEZ - zouhair
LE NEZ  - zouhair

l'un des meilleur parfums a mon gout, avec sa mandarine, ses notes d'eau, et son patchouli unique, il a tout pour plaire, sincèrement, c'est l'un des meilleurs parfum de BVLGARI, on a l'impression que c'est du parfum aquatique et en même temps plus vers le citronné mandarine... souvent très apprécier par les amis, et vite reconnaissable aussi, unique.
il tient trop bien même
se projette trop bien aussi
a ne pas rater parmi sa collection en tout cas

malibulife
malibulife

its very similar with clinique-happy, but amara's protection and longevity is more strong and good.

mshilov
mshilov

Beautiful spicy cologne. Fresh without being aggressive, comfortable and long-lasting.

Nitrib
Nitrib

Not a Bvlgari lover, but i can say Aqva Amara has one of the best drydown Ever. Beautifuly done citrusy-herbal-smoky aquatic.

TheNewEra
TheNewEra

Pros:

- Extremely citrusy
- Extremely powerful
- 80's scent

Cons:

- Can easily be mistaken for a very feminine perfume
- Extremely flowery
- Orange/citrus is generic and unnatural smelling
- Way too strong of a scent
- Almost impossible to wash off once on
- Quite offensive to the senses
- Only seems popular to the older crowd

I have a feeling I won't get very many thumbs up for this one as supporters of this scent are either diehards or they don't exist.

This is a very dangerous scent to wear. Mainly because it such an offensive scent if you don't like the smell. It seems to be more geared towards the older crowd and resembles more of an 80's scent (think masculine and flowery). However because this doesn't conform with contemporary standards it comes off as very feminine. When I put this on I tried to keep it on but within 2 minutes I rushed off to wash it off, I still couldn't get it all off after 3 times of trying. It's to strong. One review by "kl99" stated "The smell of blood... smells like a rotten melon on a plate of rusty iron in a hospital corridor. synthetic. pharmaceutical disinfectant." I thought that was the most hilarious review however I understand exactly how that thought came across because it does have all of those particular smells. I wouldn't recommend this if you are young, I really wouldnt advise even if you are older. Definitly get a sample of this before you even think of buying a big quantity of it because this scent is certainly a unique one.

DerangedGoose
DerangedGoose

It is fantastic, and an extremely deft execution on the "Aqva" theme. I love the original, and marine is good too (though the original remains the best designer aquatic ever released). This one builds on that same oceanic theme, but tones it down to some salt and iodine, which really brings out the fragrant vegetal aspects of the patchouli. The citrus and florals are extremely rich (really almost bursting with juice) and it has fantastic longevity (10 hours), which puts it ahead of leagues of summer fragrances on this facet alone. I would say it is a perfectly safe blind buy, and very unique within its niche. Can be had under $30 for a 100ml, and the bottle is gorgeous. I will probably pare down my collection of summer cheapies (you really only need a few) and stick to this one for now.

It performs as well as Nautica Voyage or better and blows it out of the water in terms of scent. It is so rare to see a creative designer release that is pleasing, performs well, and is affordable

SmellGood11
SmellGood11

No projection, it is a skin scent: last for hours but you'd have to smell my skin to smell it. Projection last for maybe 15 minutes. The scent is nice but you'd have to spray this on yourself every 20 minutes. There's better fragrances out there for the money spent. I'll be returning it back because I'd never use this.

Guilherme Fernandes
Guilherme Fernandes

Aqva Amara is my new addition! I bought it 2 weeks ago.
Citrus with Mouthwater Mandarin, very fruity with a floral hint.
I love it!

The Watery Notes get a sea vibe but not salty and have some kind of waterfall vibe too.

Safe, clean, soapy, very natural and very fancy!!!

Longevity and Sillage are awesome!!
10 hours on my skin and projects very well about 4 hours!

The best of Bvlgari

rd115leo
rd115leo

Much better longevity than the original Aqva, better to buy it now before they reformulate it and weaken it.

samiur.rahman.773
samiur.rahman.773

An instant love for me. The first time I sprayed it, I felt like walking in an orange garden with gentle breeze passing through. A very pleasant and versatile fragrance. One can easily wear it at office or in casual scenarios.

Projection and longevity are also above average. Lasts about 8 hours on my skin and projects very well for the first 3 hours. At the 4 hour mark, it comes close to the skin but projects fairly well.

I will suggest to give this one a try and it will always have a place in my collection. It's a very well blended fragrance from the house of BVLGARI.

BigQhatesyou
BigQhatesyou

When i smell this i think of orange zest mineral water with a touch of greenery

this scent is very relaxing and rejuvenating. as someone else had mentioned it reminds me of a spa or wellness center.

Very pleasant scent that actually lasts and projects very well for an aquatic. i got about 6 hours longevity.

i would keep this in my permanent collection and repurchase when i run out.

perfect for the pool, spring and summer

8.5/10

AtticusFinch
AtticusFinch

Yeah, I definitely get the bitter orange note here quite well. The scent itself is not bad by any means, although it doesn't really push my like button. To its credit though, this frag lasts a long time: most recently, I sprayed on me before catching a commuter train to work, and could still smell occasional wafts while enroute to the train station after work...a nearly ten-hour time span.

Insomnia51
Insomnia51

I was given a few Samples from Macys. Bvlgari Amara closely resembles Terre D'Hermes, just much cheaper in price. It has that Citrus Dirty Mandarin and orange vibe to it. It's okay, but if you own the Hermes version don't bother getting this. Projection is decent and Longevity is Moderate. I give this a 7/10 Rating.

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

Bitter-sweet and very wet citrus fragrance with a hint of balmy notes. Performs well, however it is not necessarily summer fragrance, at least not daytime.

The major flaw for me is that even though it feels to be composed with very natural materials, the overall effect of bitter wet citruss reminds me a little of window spray - just not that artificial as cleaning product. It is nice, but maybe to familiar in this manner. I guess it is a price paid for simplicity and that some commercial compositions for household have fragrance too (however, with synthetic ingredients) - we have not only soapy scents, but also washing powder (that freshness!), windex (that juicy, exotic fruits), air fresheners (all that ocean breese accords and humid flowers and pine)...

It's decent perfume, though and I like it very much, despite funny thoughts. It's pleasing enough.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

یک عصرانه در کنار ساحل همراه دوستان و شاید یک فضای جذاب بعداز ظهری گرم در یک محل کار مرفه وشاد که دوستان وهمکاران خود را به آرامش دعوت میکند

groover
groover

I always thought i would not like this one,
because of the fact i was never a fan of
the other aqvas from bvlgari, but boy was i wrong,
the first blast was so heavenly beautiful i cant
stop sniffing it, so i can safely say i recommend this
to everyone at least try it.

N0iR the ir
N0iR the ir

خوب نت فرار امارا رو نارنگی ماندارین تشکیل میده وقتی اینو می زنید ابتدا تا حدود یه ربع همه چی در رابطه با ماندارینه و بعد از اون رایحه ی بهارنارنج اضافه میشه که قشنگه و مثل اینکه شکوفه ی بهارنارنجو بو کنی کمی شیرینی به کار اضافه می کنه .زیبا ترین قسمت محصول همین رایحهست.
بعد از اون تو نت پایه با اضافه شدن کندر کمی جا افتاده و سنگین تر میشه و هنوز ماندارین نفس میکشه.
موندگاری هم روی پوست من خوب بود و در مورد پخش هم به نظرم اغلب عطرهایی که شامل نت مرکباتی هستند پخش قابل قبولی دارن و آمارا هم به همین ترتیب.
کار میشه گفت شاداب هست اما به خاطر رگه هایی از گرما بهتره تو تابستون استفاده نشه.
..................................
the volatile note is mandarin and you can smel it all the time but it change ,the first 15 minuets is just about mandarin when the neroli comes its best time of AMARA ,after 20 minuets U can smel both,neroli make it a bit sweet.
after that olibanum join and make it gentleman and still the mandarin is half-alive and this is the base.
the Longevity is good on my skin and about sillage i think most of pafumes that use citrus notes has a Acceptable sillage and AMARA too. its Succulent but a bit warm and its better dont wear it in summer.

ganabalong
ganabalong

It's incredible how a minimalist fragance could smell so goog (and fancy), maybe is the result of the perfect selection of raw materials and the mediterranean inspiration.

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

I was a big fan of the flanker to Aqva, Aqva Marine. Loved it. It was one of the very first bottles of cologne I ever owned right after Polo Blue. Whenever this hit the market, I knew I had to try it. I wanted to see if it was different and would smell good enough to buy it. I'll let you know what I found out about it.

Smell: When I first sprayed it on, I was hit by a synthetic bomb of what smelled like orange and neroli and had a little bit of a watery feel. This neroli wasn't what I was used to since I had smelled Neroli Portofino and was expecting something completely different. The orange was a bit of a let down too. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed when I first tried it out. Problem was - I had already bought it. It was sitting on my nightstand with my other fragrances and I was like, "Dammit. It's going to sit there or will become like an air freshener for my room." It sat there for about a month or so before I decided I wanted to give it a shot again. I tried it on again and got something totally different than the first time. I did get the orange, but not the neroli. Instead, I got a watery orange that became creamier and creamier as the time went by. I have no idea why because I don't see anything on the current note breakdown that would prove my point. It was one of those fragrances that didn't perform like the norm and I enjoyed that.
Smell: 8/10

Projection: My first wearing of it was around my house since I was skeptical of testing it on my co-workers. It was pretty strong on me. Almost too strong. It is one of the few designers I have that would make me run to the sink and wash it off of my skin. I found out that anything more than 3 sprays is begging for a headache. For the first 2 hours, it's a pretty good scent bubble. It's pretty aromatic as well because I could walk away for a few seconds and when I came back to that spot I would still smell a trace of it. This is where it is going to receive some bad marks. For the next 4 hours, it's a skin scent. I was so disappointed. I will say it sticks to clothes better so that may help save it some, but not enough to bring the score up to a good rating.

Longevity: I kind of gave it away in the last section. It bites. No explanation needed as I would only be beating a dead horse at this point.

When to wear: Spring, Summer, Cooler nights, casual wear, work.

Final Rating: 5/10. Not good. Not great. In the middle for me. I probably won't buy it again once this bottle runs out.

duzmantic
duzmantic

I finally found a citrus aquatic scent that smells good, projects well and lasts

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

This is an amazing and outstanding scent. A great performer (still a skin scent on my forearm over 24 hours later which is a miracle for me!), and one that lives up to the positive reviews here, and also it's beautiful packaging. In fact, I can't think of a perfume box and bottle that encapsulates it's contents as well as this one does!
This is absolutely up there with the best, and the natural mandarin vibe is both zesty and well balanced.
At just over £30 on eBay, I will be keeping this in my collection for sure!

David Musk
David Musk

Very sexy and masculine! Someone has posted that it's feminine or unisex - NO! Amara is definitely masculine fragrance with aqua notes, citrus and neroli. I sprayed it on my wrist last evening and I can still smell it. Silage and longevity - perfect! I'm going to buy this one for Summer.

AthleticOne
AthleticOne

This smell reminds me a little bit of spa/wellness center. Slightly bitter, like water full of minerals. Mandarin and that bitterness are dominant. Quite orginal fragrance. One can maybe guess that may be from aqva bvlgari family but it's really different from Aqva Marine and orginal.

Maybe does not catch at first sniff, but i like it, with every wearing more. Very good longevity and sillage for fragrance that is more on the fresh side. It's not feminine (no typical florals), maybe can pass like unisex but it's more on strong manly side.
Can see it very wearable: younger, older, casual, sporty style, also some formal and evening events. Does not smells cheap, has some notable class.

It's relaxing and energetic smell in the same time, amazing. Like strong man that is relaxing, but any minute his energy can explode, it's in the air. Positive personality, slightly on serious side, sexy without screaming, some body associations (massage, spa, wellness, swimming pool, finnish sauna).

ZeeK
ZeeK

Very Precisely, Sex Bomb! Perfect for hot climate! Enormous Silage and Longevity. Shows presence with your every move! Fresh and smooth... Top rated!

KIZILBAY
KIZILBAY

Anadolu da büyümüş olan her insan için limon kolonyası her evde bulunan, 80 li yillarda cam şişe boşaldıgında tuhafiyeciden, eczaneden doldurulan, ferahlatici, rahatlatan, misafirlere çay kahve öncesinde mutlaka ikram edilen, evin demirbaş malzemesidir. Halen her evde bulunur, halen keyifle kullanilir. Yillarca limon kokusunun her türlüsünü kullanmiş bir nesile limon bazlı parfüm begendirmek kolay degildir. Ozellikle soguk avrupa ulkelerinde limon ve genel olarak narenciye kokular çok begeniliyor. Ama söyledigim gibi bu kokularla büyüyen, limon, portakal agaclari ustunde oynayarak buyuyen bizlere bunlari begendirmek biraz zor. Jo Malone ve Diptyque bazi sevdigim citrus kokulara sahip ama hicbiri pesinden kosacagim, arayacagim seyler degil.
Amara da çok özel degil. Ancak bizim hosumuza gidecek bir mandalina var ortada. Mandalina konusu bizim Bodrum mandalinasi diye bildigimiz ture yakın. Ancak sadece mandalina kokmuyor. Datça tarafinda halen dogal olarak üretilen Günlük agaci mandalinayi biraz resmi havaya sokmuş. Ben patchouli alamiyorum ama belki bu resmilesme birazda onun sayesinde oluyor. Kisacasi mandalina pazar tezgahindan cikmiş ve güzel bir paketle bize sunulmuş. Keyifli bir koku. Kar kış dışında her mevsim kullanılabilir.
Şişesi ve rengi muhteşem. Bu tasarımı hep sevmiştim ancak bu renk çok yakışmış.
Yaz aylarında keyifli , daraltmayan bir koku arıyorsanız Amara iyi bir seçenek. Şampuanı ise parfümün kendisinden daha keyifli. Kıyafetler üstünde kalıcı degil.
Eger daha da keyifli olsun derseniz o zaman Jo Malone Lime Basil vücut yagini kullandiktan sonra kullanin. Denedim ve kesinlikle daha keyifli 've kalıcı bir koku haline geliyor.

StevanusPS
StevanusPS

I don't usually buy colognes that are released after the year 2010, but this one's pretty damn special... although I have to admit that Amara is polarizing.

kikivsdiablo
kikivsdiablo

I love aqva pour homme because its complicated. None like others. But this one easily to describe...CITRUSY Sicilian Mandarin. Bitter after 1 hr on my skin. Overpriced.....but i will stil buy BVLGARI.

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

I dropped on this fragrance in Malta pursuing much needed winter sun. The sun didn't shine much; but the upside is that I got to try this a couple of times whilst there and to contemplate it at my leisure on the journey home. A warm weather fragrance that is citrus and aquatic. It is head-clearingly bracing, fresh, simple, elegant and energising. And, (it can't be stressed enough) has absolutely nothing synthetic about it. Actually, it reminds me of juicy Navel oranges.

Although dissimilar, it follows Clinique Happy and Jil Sander Sun Men (amongst others) as reliable fresh summer wear. In terms of the actual composition, it is closer to 4711, Le Petit Grain (Miller Harris), Eau D'Orange Verte (Hermes), Neroli Portifino (Tom Ford) and so forth. Very nice for sure. The longevity and projection possibly suspect. I'm not certain. Something that I think can be stated with some certainty is that this will never cloy.

As much as I like this (and it is a lot), I have pondered whether this has enough uniqueness for me. Not much of a criticism - and definitely not enough to dissuade me from wearing it. However, compared to a multitude of broadly similar alternatives - and Aqua Amara is superior to most - I think it is way too expensive (typically £52 for 50ml). Still, a lovely scent and one I would want to wear.

Update (9th May 2015)
Found this on Amazon: £31 for 100ml. A no-brainer at this price. I've been living with it a week now and this much is certain: this will be traveling with me to the far east next month. Sorry Bvlgari if for a moment I underestimated Amara. This is one very lovely scent.

iMaverick
iMaverick

I noticed this scent by the snippet report here on Fragrantica, and saw that the notes included resins and incense. I instantly was intrigued.

I didn't give it another thought, however, until I passed by the fragrance counter looking for new stuff to test. Next to Bulgari Man and its flankers, laying beside them were the Aqua and its flankers, including this one. It smelled interesting on a card blotter, so Man in Black went on one wrist, and Amara on the other.

For a while, Man in Black was rather interesting to me, woody, powdery, sweet, but then it went icky sweet. I was about to forget the two, but suddenly I kept smelling the citrussy sweetness of Amara in the air. It definitely had some sort of aquatic feel to it, but not in the way of calones or salty or woody white musks.

On the skin, it smells sharp--I would actually flank it towards the MAN flankers and give it some Mediterranean homage to the name because it does have that sharpness that MAN seems to offer, except Man in Black, which should've been some other offering by the house.

Despite its sharp citrus and woody tones, it carries that bitterness that's evident in Bleu de Chanel in the base which is what happens when you mix vetiver, patchouli and olibanum. It surely keeps the sweetness in check. I love it the most smelling it in the air--so enticing and relaxing.

So I've let go of Man in Black for a moment, but not entirely because there was some redemption in the drydown of the scent which leads me to possibly test this again. Amara was a no-brainer, I went back to purchase a bottle after a half hour going about doing something else. Longevity is super excellent. 5-6 hours it went strongly then started to mellow off. It went strong probably because it went full bloom outdoors in the still and humid air that was ushering in the Spring-Summer seasons. The weather was also probably the problem why I didn't care for MiB which was a tad heavy.

Amara is an aquatic that's quite unique, lasts long, and uplifts the spirits. I recommend you try this if you're shopping for that warm weather or everyday scent.

moniote
moniote

Smooth And citric on the first place , then the fragrance evolves on bitter notes..more hesperid than aquatic , for me actually . Some spice And a gentle patchouly give to this fragrance an un expected sexy feeling !

daynierds
daynierds

There is nothing too groundbreakingl about it...I do agree on this...you feel a lot of citrus indeed, specially tangerine... but I even swear it smells somehow generic and cheap on the top what gets much better possibly after 3-4 hours...
I still believe the original is the best...the marine version smelled like eggs on the top...really nasty to be honest...to sum up...not a totally bad fragrance...the dry-down is the best smelling part and it lasts at least 6-8 hours... anyway... there are better options in the same price range...as someone already said...this may well be a money grabber....get it if you find it cheap...otherwise...you may regret it

PolyOlfaction
PolyOlfaction

Tested this today on skin. Nice bitter scent but not afronting to the nose. Definate mandarin and lemon blast in the first couple of hours. Very similar to Clinique happy in the first hour except more lemon citrusy but in the middle notes I get a very lemony sensation unlike Clinique Happy.

I have to say I like this one a lot. My next buy.

8/10 Scent
7.5/10 Longevity
7/ Sillage

babydoll77
babydoll77

When I got a sample of this, I just threw it into a pile of other freebies and then sprayed it before reading what it was - sample potluck if you will! And I had no idea this was a men's fragrance! I will say that it first came off as a bit "acqua di gio" but then it calmed down and I must say I love it :) It's a very chic unisex scent! I plan to rock this the next time I go for all black (including nails) + skinny leather pants + large gold hoops + sleek ponytail...it will give me that rock'n'roll edge without the grittiness! VERY impressed by this scent! :)

kronk.gem
kronk.gem

I've sprayed this one today on my hand and I might say that the beginning was very fresh, reminding me the fresh orange juice that I use to drink at the breakfast. After 10 minutes the citrus disappeared and there was: the smell of those Fa's soaps that my mother used to put between clothes to avoid moths. Sorry but is not my type. Longevity is very good on this one, but the smell is too strong and too fresh for me....

Mandarin over an oily, classic neroli base. I don't get any of the other notes, though, just the citrus over aged orange blossom. Still nice, but not enough happening for my preference.

olfactorium
olfactorium

I am holding this metallic amber disc in my hands today, a few days before Christmas, and thinking about one of the best days of my life. It happened recently when I thought about making some orange marmalade for Christmas gifting. I remembered going to a charity event with an acquaintance who told me about this old citrus grove deep in Palm Beach County and a peculiar little man who was its “caretaker”, for lack of a better word. Somehow I had gotten the directions from Palm Beach proper to there scrawled out on a cocktail napkin and had tucked it into the pocket of my suit jacket, almost forgetting about it until I got the idea to make the preserves.

I didn’t wish to go alone so I called a friend whom I had been interested in getting to know better and asked for company. You can find out a lot about somebody by the kind of invitations he or she is willing to accept. This individual didn’t strike me as being interested in daytripping adventures in the mid-afternoon sun or really even spending time with nature, but that was the fun of asking: just to find out! I was pleased when my Sunday afternoon invitation was accepted without much questioning, so I put the top of my car down and we drove out to the swampy nether land far beyond the rarified environs of coastal Palm Beach on a citrus seeking adventure.

After awhile we found ourselves on a rural route lined with tall, scrawny evergreens and eventually came to a certain turn off with a little hand-painted sign, and so we proceeded down a long, pockmarked dirt road badly in need of grading to a little unpainted shack from which was sold the fruit belonging to the forgotten grove. Now, bear in mind that most oranges found in Florida are used for juicing. They have been reduced in number over the years by greening (a citrus disease) and frost. However, this little, magical place was a hold over from days long gone when farmers sold their fruit from stands by the roadside. It was gritty and derelict, much as the old hobgoblin who came out to greet us.

December in Palm Beach is a bit like August in Seattle. Everybody loves to be here when the skies are endlessly blue with lower humidity and bright sunshine free for the taking, and it was just that kind of day; but, once we got into the grove we found ourselves in a forlorn grassland of barely controlled overgrowth and trails enveloping shady citrus trees which looked like they had not really been tended to properly since Henry Flagler built his seaside palace, Whitehall, over a hundred years ago. Although I was a bit incredulous, I paid the entrance fee and our host smiled, chauffeuring us deeper and deeper into the grove in the back of a really dirty looking gray Mercedes sedan from the late 1950’s which belched black exhaust fumes all along the way. He told us about the family who once owned the grove and that it was left to him in perpetuity as long as he continued to live there and “care” for it, but I use that term very loosely. I suppose he sold the fruit to keep himself in beer and cigarettes, but he must have been doing pretty well because I was keen to note we had to drive quite a distance before we found some trees which had not been picked over much.

Well, this year our weather had been very wet accompanied by frost-free nights, so the oranges we discovered were amazing to behold: large as small grapefruit and hanging down low from the entanglement of branches barely distinguishable as citrus trees. This type of fruit growing wild is not like an orange from Whole Foods Market. In fact, it looks bitter for all the rust that hides the skin. We weren’t fooled, however. The old gent winked and handed us a couple of baskets and a ladder from the back of that wheezing whatnot he drove us in and we went about picking our fill of oranges. After awhile we noticed the very distinctive smell of orange oil all over our hands, faces and clothes. It was a very soothing, comforting aroma which, if you have ever smelled it in a natural setting, stands very well on its own merits and resembles almost nothing orange “scented“. When I felt like I had enough to make the preserves the moldy geezer took us back to the entrance and we loaded the baskets of fruit into our car.

During the drive back we chatted about what an unusual place it was we had just left behind and what we might do with some of the fruit besides preserving it. I could still smell that wonderful attar all over our bodies the whole way home. Once we got in the door we took the baskets to the anteroom behind my kitchen where I have a flower sink designed for messy little jobs like scrubbing oranges of their rust. Cleaning the oranges was enjoyable and even more of the oils were released as we worked. It was amazing to see these dull brown globes change to a healthy color with just a modicum of blemishing which had given the entirety of it the ambiance of a Regency fete when I placed some of our bounty into a large antique Georgian silver bowl that I had never used to such good effect before.

We took the bowl of oranges out on my terrace, arranged it on a teak wood table and admired our day’s work. My terrace is white and mostly bare, giving way to a private beach below, but you can’t see the beach when you are sitting there unless you bother to walk down the steps. If you had been sitting with us that day you would have seen the white on white giving way to infinite dark blue Atlantic waters and a crystal clear sky with just the hint of wispy clouds with pinkish undersides somewhere behind the shrimp boats and their rigging on the far horizon. It was a lovely afternoon becoming a beautiful evening. The sun was long gone behind the stark white house, the pavers beneath our bare feet were warm, and we were tired; but not too tired to cut open those lovely oranges with special antique citrus knives that had little alligators on the handles and devour them one by one. When we had had our fill of that I made a pitcher of mint juleps with a splash of juice from these delectable fruits and we drank from the silver cups with silver straws that came with the Georgian bowl and had been chilled to a refreshingly frigid temperature. Let me tell you, there is nothing like drinking a mint julep in a frosty sterling silver tumbler with an icy sterling silver straw on your parched lips after a day in the Florida sun. Very, very close to heaven and certainly a good way to let anyone know you like him or her.

An oceanic mist soon alighted upon us. It was dark now. I looked up and saw my house cold and crystalline against the night sky, lights glittering inside. Night blooming flowers began to excrete their faint, pleasing aromas and forthwith everything around us became fresh, salty, orange and flowery: it was a glimpse of the sublime. The pool lamps lit up and with no further prompting we laughed and took an intoxicated swim sans our orange infused attire. After our naked swim we napped in a chaise lounge for awhile listening to the tide murmur somewhere out in the darkness. It was an emphatic moment in time, a little vignette exclusive to the work of our hands and the contingencies of life; witnessed and understood only by us, belonging only to us with few words and no real pretext, except for, perhaps, making marmalade.

I learned a lot about my friend that evening and we discovered that, possibly, we were intended to be a little more than friends. This day, long and lovely as it was, is what remains with me whenever I wear Bvlgari Aqva Amara.

(The above review has been modified from an entry in my own personal journal. I wish all the reviewers and guests here on Fragrantica the Abundance of the Season and Peace in the New Year!)

Oposai
Oposai

This is a fantastic overall fragrance, casual, for work, you name it. It lasts and it projects, the best fresh scent i have smelled so far, definitely a must have. It is so delicious and inoffensive it is easy to wear anywhere, anytime. Go grab it now! 10/10.

amirsasan90
amirsasan90

So much fresh at the first hour and so much bitter after an hour or two. Amara is truly a cold bitter fragrance...
I am in love with Amara and We live happily together :)

jfr1974
jfr1974

Aqva Amara is a sumptuous blend of mandarin, neroli and aquatic notes. After a fresh and bitter citrus beginning, the aquatic quickly comes through. What really surprises is the warm and slightly sweet frnakinscence that comes through after about and hour. I’ve never been much of an aquatic fan nor a fan of Bvlgari fragrances until now. To my nose and to those around me, there is something that bares close resembles Armani Aqva di Gio Essenza without that troublesome “blood” note that does bother so many after prolonged wear.

There’s good length to this fragrance; I easily get 8 hours. The sillage is modest but enough to be noticed in the first hour. No danger of this becoming overwhelming on me at least. After 6th hour it is a just a bit more than a skin scent.

While not strictly unisex in character, i can see some girls wearing this if they like masculine fragrances. Who won't like this? Anyone who really hates aquatic citruses; people who don't like bitter/sweet notes may not enjoy this so much.

At the end of my four-day airing of Amara in the late Melbourne Spring and it has been a real compliment getter from both men and women. This is a fragrance made for the warmer days and nights. My 2014-2014 Summer scent without a doubt.

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE. LITERALLY SMELLS LIKE I'M COVERED IN GOLD. HAS A METALLIC VIBE FROM START TO FINISH. SEEMS TO GET LIGHTLY SWEETER THE MORE IT DRIES DOWN. THIS BLOWS A LOT OF HIGHER PRICED FRAGRANCES OUT THE WATER!!! THIS IS THE ONLY FRAGRANCE WORTH PAYING ATTENTION TO FROM THE HOUSE!!!

Saransh101089
Saransh101089

All fragrances are supposed to smell good. And there are hardly any that I dislike.

But, this is really really bad. I tried this a few days back. For the first 10-15 minutes it had a fresh, clean smell but after that - horrible. It gave me a gag reflex.

With so many people raving about this, there might be a possibility that this is a well done fragrance but it just doesn't work on my skin.

PLEASE TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.

Rene007
Rene007

challenging perfume , the mandrin its very strong at the begining which make you think that its all about fresh mandrin but after about 10 min, its become very attractive and sexy -
its make me feel like being in Freshly turned earth after rain with a hint what kind of wood this soil carry before it become plowed soil....like it so much-i am so courious to smell its on a MAN- i expect nothing less then sex bomb

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

WHAT SEX SMELLS LIKE
_____________________________________________________

I sometimes wondered why people love the idea of having sex in a barn or in hey. I never understood the concept, until I was told that it has something to do with freedom and the smell of sex in nature.

If that is so, than Bvlgari AQVA AMARA is what sex smells like on a muddy beach.

After spraying it on my skin, it was like I had journeyed to a far-off beach, where there is vulcanic mountain, ready to burst, and inhaled everything around me. It reminded me of when I was younger and used to take mudbaths... to me, it's a very similar smell.

Overall:
Opinion: It's a unique (at least for me) fragrance - 10/10.
Longetivity: a lot - 10/10
Sillage: a lot - 10/10

All in all: 10 out of 10 points.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Well aquatics don't really do anything for me but I was interested in the concept of Aqva Amara because it is different.. I happened to run into it at Macy's so I sprayed some on the tester strip, and this is my first impression.. Aqva Amara opens up very citrusy with a very strong mandarin note.. The mandarin starts to calm down a bit and neroli shows up.. There is a slight water note in there also to give it somewhat of an aquatic feel.. But what I like about Aqva Amara is the contrast of the sharp citruses and the base notes of patchouli and olibanum.. I also detected a slight mineral accord that others mentioned but I think I need to test Amara on the skin to really experience the scent.. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous! I love the copper color of the bottle.. Aqva Amara is very different from the other aquatics out there.. It smells very fresh and Mediterranean.. If you like citruses I would definitely check this one out..

lomerlaw
lomerlaw

What an interesting fragrance! The opening was a little harsh for me: a bitter orange blast which has an off-putting sour element. Then the patchouli-neroli combo starts to come through. It is interesting how this slowly unfolds, improving hour by hour. This is a much more complex scent than the limited list of ingredients might suggest. The orange opening never completely dissipates, and to my nose it combines with the patchouli for the next few hours. Ironically, this combo pairs together to give me a scent that smells primarily of woody-citrus lemongrass.

Longevity is surprisingly excellent for a citrus scent, and sillage is good too. Bvlgari has created what I consider a unisex fragrance. This is a flexible scent: can be work by either gender, in a number of settings, without offending anyone. It's characterized as an aquatic, but to me there are not a lot of aquatic notes. It comes in a very attractive bottle with an effective sprayer.

In summary: an interesting fragrance, pleasant but not particularly unique. At $98 in Canada for 100ml it won't find a place in my cabinet, but the fresh scent, decent sillage and solid longevity will have me keeping my eyes open, in case this baby comes on sale.

Dad jax
Dad jax

Oh my, this one is really playing with my nerves...Very sharp opening with a blast of oranges(rotten indeed) but then quickly a very sweet vibe is mix in it ... its good for summers eves as in a hot day its not the best... i dunno am still playing with this blind buy... longevity is fine...

naipe
naipe

Bitterness in a bottle. Sharp, almost pungent but some soft cotton flashes make you sniff your own skin continually. Courageous and addictive fragrance but in my opinion this is hard to bear daily paradoxically.

Manish sundrani
Manish  sundrani

It is fabulous fantastic amazing ...I love it I tried it today and keeping for my self ..ummah love it ..love you bvlgari

Alex Rain
Alex Rain

Actually I don't have plans in buying this fragrance because the first time I try it I feel sick. So it branded to my brain not to buy it, not till today. I was asking a sales lady to give me a sample of aqva original and then she recommends to try the amara, I was like no way but I gave it a try. (I was expecting that im gonna feel sick) But when she spray it on the piece of paper the smell is different, as in totally different, the opening note is citrus of course and then as it dries down you can smell the aquatic scent which I love the most. Honestly it's my first time to smell the combination of citrus and aquatic. IMO the best. So i was wondering what happen to me when I smell it for the very first time, I reckon it is because I smelled dozens of fragrances before I tried it so the scents mixes everything to the point I couldn't distinguished the good, the better and the best. IMO this is the best!

Longevity- very good!
Sillage- About 4 feet
Overall 10/10... this is how much I love this fragrance.

Marciu
Marciu

This fragrance is really a different one in the "Aqva" line.

First of all it's not salty, rather "mineral", I feel like it contains quite a lot of amber - but amber here is different from the resinous and salty amber that I know e.g. from Ambrarem or Scent Intense. This is a mineral amber that pieces of I used to gather at the seashore. It doesn't have a smell "per se".

In the opening I don't detect mandarin orange - I'd say here we have a bitter orange. The middle notes are almost non-existent to me. But the patchouli is here. It must contain quite a lot of it because for a short moment I felt like I'm sniffing Givenchy Gentleman. No joke! Olibanum is not smoky - it rather supports (along with patchouli) the woodiness of this fragrance.

I'm still testing the longevity and sillage but I have it on me for about 8 hours and it's still doing well.

I think this one will do really well in fall and cold spring days. For summer it might be too thick for some people, but some may like it as well.

I like it. Don't know if it's full bottle worthy yet. But it's definitely worth to pay attention on it.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

Bitter orange blossom (citrus aurantium AMARA) in the spring is one of the most divine aromas nature has devised to beguile us. Its dual nature of white floral sensuality and green-acidic effervescence casts a spell over the mediterranean night.

Bulgari seems to have the recipe for a real crowd pleaser here. A touch of citrus juiciness to temper neroli's dry nature, a whiff of sea breeze to conjure an illusion of vacations, patchouli to add some weight in the base notes and mineral olibanum for that sought after "weird factor".

Unfortunately Aqua Amara somehow passed this chance to make something exceptional. This neroli is a shy host, an unopened bud, more safe-green than floral and the surrounding notes seem to obscure it even further, with the exception of patchouli that never joined the party. Near the start the perfume goes through an overly acidic stage and in the middle it feels a bit "stale", while a persistent chemical element is present through all stages of the evolution. The dry down is pleasant with a cool incense vibe and a discreet balanced musk, but not distinctive enough to redeem Aqua Amara to my nose.

Overall Bulgari made something pleasant, clean with a very smooth evolution that unfortunately projects that all too familiar old man aura... the little perfume that could... but didn't

If you like this type of scent but you also happen to find it lacking as I, try Varvatos Artisan or Artisan Black as alternatives.

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

My first opinion of this scent was that I was unimpressed, slightly dissapointed. Having owned Aqva Marine which I consider brilliant, I admit I was really expecting something like it. This is just way out in left field. Its femininity was a turn off, but I think I may be coming around.

Opening: Soapy. I'm picturing some thick muddy clay in a day spa infused with orange rind. Pleasant. Theres a fresh bite of neroli and earthy incense under shimmering mineral water. Unexpected.

Longevity: On par with other Aqva, can still be smelled close to the skin 3-4 hours later.

Sillage: Good. 1-2 feet for a few hours.

Gripes: Heady, rich and bold. Not things I think of when I think of anything Aqva. Price point: 90 bucks hot off the press? In a popularity contest, no one wants to pay over Chanel Bleu prices for an admittedly strange new aquatic. Make it competitive at least, come on Bvlgari.

Best For: Day or night, its heavy bases might cloy in weather over 80, so it may be best in slightly cooler weather.

Overall: Not what I wanted or expected. But then, isn't that what a fragrance is supposed to be? I like it for being different. Its about time someone gave me something I didn't expect, frankly I'm sick of being able to guess what something smells like just by looking at the ad campaign. It's a fresh take on a tired aquatic market with billions of look-alikes. Sometimes, its good to be surprised.

benkim
benkim

This in my opinion is "softer" than the original Aqua, which I hated at first, but grew up to like;
Anything with aquatic notes, I hated, and till now, I don't really reach out for those.
This smelt gentler compared to the original.

lavalife
lavalife

i prefer this over the original aqva.. longevity is also not bad.

sillage: 8/10

longevity: 9/10

vaibsankhla
vaibsankhla

i dont know why this scent gets bashed in the community!

its very honest to the name.. it smells bitter but refreshing/zesty bitter.

amazing for summer. while the original aqua was sea water this is lighter and sharper.

good sillage and longevity. (6-8hrs)

versatile day time scent for hot climates, i think its a bit too sharp smelling for the winter as the citruses don't get the temperature to shine.

give it a go!

Chicago Tony T

a nice orange/floral scent. I also get a hint of incense as the scent develops. Can easily be worn by women as well. Longevity is up to 6 hours with moderate sillage. It won't blow your socks off but it's a nice addition to the wardrobe.

Vahagn
Vahagn

Happy and explosive citrus were naughty, they are joined by notes of seaweed and sea.
Amara = citrus + Aqva Bvlgar.
It is good summer scent and good for gift. Longevity is good.
But I did not find novelty in this perfume.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Opens with a citrus explosion that sends me to a orange juice with a touch of mandarin, this opening is almost natural and juicy.
After minutes appears a slightly bitter and floral touch, the former predominating touch with an aroma of soap, by the presence of neroli.
It´s clean and blends well to citrus fruity touch earlier, the result would refer me to a orange handsoap.
On the base a very light touch dry woody, almost imperceptible. Good fragrance for summer.

Mostafaamrzaki

The Initial Blast Smells Like (Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport), But the Dry Down is Very Similar to the Old Aqva (THe original)
I like the original Aqva More , as it has More Character

I like the original Aqva More , as it has More Character

devynm
devynm

Very interesting and pleasing. I think its the sophisticated and mature citrus/aquatic fragrance, being younger I wouldn't use but it smells really good. I did test this one several times and it has great protection and supreme longevity, surprisingly it works well in cold weather too! A very strong release, but I wont buy because it is a little too mature for me.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

I like it more than the first version. Intense, mysterious, Mediterranean ... the notes are fantastic .. great for the summer. Council! Great scent!

Sillage : 8.5/10
Longevity : 8./10
Scent : 8.5/10

Overall : 8.5/10

dzikae
dzikae

Hell to the NO...there is a whiff of something rotten the moment u spray it oh my word...cant handle this

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

Get's out of the corner really well, fast and sharp like Aqua Manda for men circa '73. All downhill from there though. Sorry. It loses it's potency quicker than Ali on the end of Frazier's mighty mitten. It turns very cheap, very quickly. Really. I despair of finding a good spicy orange frag that doesn't smell like a dried out christmas pomander. Very sad.

Chicago Tony T

More women might like it instead of guys. It is a very inoffensive floral/citrus scents. I smell jasmine and neroli. Nice mix of notes that blend well. Longevity is about 6 hours while sillage is average. I bought it blind with no regrets along with Declaration Un Soir which is in the same category. Both will be used a lot during these warm/hot next few months.

adamhabib
adamhabib

Too unisex and almost feminine. I love the original though.

Sh_oK
Sh_oK

If i wouldn't have a history with the original Aqua i would say this flanker is better.

It's very fresh and citrussy, gorgeously distinctive, it's somehow a harsh orange smell that lasts and projects really well.
Very appropriate for spring-summer. You cannot go wrong with this one.

Giv1952
Giv1952

This one is the Groom and Givenchy Dhalia Noir L'eau is the Bride.
These two are too much alike.
Btw, this version is the best one. I prefer this to the original.
I love this.

stefanel80
stefanel80

I smell this one yesterday, I didn´t know it and his notes too. Nice and citrus mandarin, orange with touch of other citrus but after 5 minutes, uffff RARE and INDOLIC strong note, I confuse between neroli or jasmin,I told it´s neroli!!! I never smell a men perfume with too much neroli.
Woods are soft, almost undetectable but give the masculine signature.
In the end, OVERDOSE of CALONE mixed with other marines molecules, but calone dominates the base hour after hour.

O2
O2

افتتاحيـة العطـر كرياح البحر المحملة بروائح المندرين والموالح المنعشة لصباح
صيفي مشرق مليء بالتفاؤل والسرور ..

رغــم التطـرف المحـدود لنوتـة المندريـن والنيرولـي علـى سائـر طبقـات العطــر
إلا انـه يعطـي شعـور بالإنتعـاش والتألـق ، ورائحتـة مألوفـة نوعـاً مـا وليسـت
مستهلكة تماماً !

يدوم ثبات العطر تقريباً 10 ساعات ، والفوحان يتألق فـي أول ثـلاث ساعـات
بعدها ينحسر تدريجياً على الجسم .
يتفـوق عطـر بولغاري أكوا أمارا بمستوى كلاً من الثبات والفوحان علـى عطـر
بولغاري أكوا السابق لكن القديم يظل مميز !

تقيمي للعطر :
الرائحـة 8/10
الثبـــات 9/10
الفوحان 8/10

ciotty
ciotty

I'am a woman and I really woul wear this. It has a special balance, fresh and warm at the same time. I can think to buy for me..

husain.a.m
husain.a.m

The smell it self is not that bad and it is unisex for my nose. It reminds me of citrus air freshner. I love the original aqua but this one I will never wear it, not for me.

Happy Turtle
Happy Turtle

Smells really natural and reminds me a lot of Armani Code Sport. Has a great sillage but is not at all overpowering. Would deffs recommend as a spring/summer scent!

the orange peel smells so real in this one
it's zesty, tangy and seriously bitter...
i detect a subtle floral notes,
slightly camphoraceous, all and all I find
this quite interesting, and I love this.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

There is something about the Bvlgari house that just keeps me away from owning anything. There are quite a few lower priced fragrances/discount fragrances that just run laps around this house. I want to love them but nothing really impresses me. They are too transparent, too light, too second skin for me to really enjoy. Now Black is beautiful but the rest I just can't seem to find a reason to purchase.

This is a citrus patchouli with a slight aquatic vibe. It does have good longevity and decent projection but amongst citruses....it just doesn't add anything to the current market.

lafefe
lafefe

I tried it some days ago, it's bitter, bitter oh so bitter, citrusy, masculine, and kind of metallic. It reminds me a bit of the original Aqva and Aqva Marine, it follows the main theme, it's very interesting and I look forward to smelling it on the right person, I think on the right skin is might just be astonishing!.
I'm a big fan of Bvlgari, I think their creations are always little materpieces, they don't scream for attention but they are more for those interested in the details, all their fragrances need for further investigation, they all need to be courted and flattered before they surrender to you with their glorious splendour.
The bottle is, once again for a Bvlgari, fantastic in its copper shades.

Gault
Gault

Its really smells like mandarin peel at first, I cant recall any fragrance that approached mandarin in such an authentic way, but unfortunately thats the most volatile part of the fragrance and later becomes like an artifical sparkling orange soda with a drop of angostura.
After the first wearing I cant see any reason why it is an Aqva flanker. Actually I find it closer to Bleu de Chanel structure wise.

dessso
dessso

I like the previous Bvlgari Aqva's, especially the limited edition Aqva Toniq, and I wanted to like the new Aqva Amara, gave it a try on a paper and later on my wrist, but this scent did not smell pleasant to my nose. I hope they will reformulate it

kl99
kl99

The smell of blood.
Yes, during the first 20 minutes smells like a rotten melon on a plate of rusty iron in a hospital corridor. synthetic. pharmaceutical disinfectant. After that it turns into a scent you could find into a supermarket at the end of 90s. Looks like a bad copy of Kenzo pour homme. NO. the original one is much more modern.

hayabusa80
hayabusa80

Original Bvlgari Aqva pour homme definitely better than Aqva Amara.

acheron
acheron

Firts half is citrusy bitter mandarin and other half is regular Bvlgari aqva. I can imagine that lot of people that has original Aqva will find it futile. On the other hand, if you like citrusy mandarin tones and/or you always wanted more citrusy version of Bvl.Aqva you should try this.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Why is this for men and not unisex? I went shopping today... feeling a little down, what's a woman supposed to do in such cases. Well, actually I was taken shopping by my sister. And, after sniffing and sniffing, I decided to go for this one. " you can't possible buy a man's perfume" ( " with my money" ).... she didn't quite utter the last words, but I could just feel them hiding underneath her tongue.
But I did.
It's an absolutely uplifting citrus, with a woodsy, incense feel to it. Neroli mingles beautifully with the blood oranges. Lasting power is ok, silage not bad. Just fresh, juicy, youthful, reminds me of spring. Even the patchouli is fresh here, and there is none of the hideous artificial musk that usually dominates men's perfumes uselessly attempting to create pheromones or something.
To sum it up, think bitter orange, blood orange, kumquat. Add some neroli flowers and cedar wood. Some fresh patchouli. Finish with a little resinous insense. Now you've got Aqua Amara! Voila!
It's hopeful, sporty, energetic, with a tad of mystery behind its vibrancy. Excellent!
Oh, and just because I love it, and I am a woman, it surely doesn't mean it wouldn't smell amazing on an awesome man too.

batabidd
batabidd

It is a beautiful scent which shares similarities with the original Aqva as both have the same flowery accents, but this time the flower notes are sharper and brighter, surrounded by an aquatic note (not marine) and mandarin. Then a very interesting mineral note appears and make it very, very special. This note remains for a while until the dry down arrives and this mineral/muddy/earthy note mostly vanishes, giving way to a clean, shiny, watery, ozonic fragrance.
It has a great longevity but its projection and sillage are moderate as happened before with Aqva Marine.
Don´t get me wrong, Aqva Amara is good but the original Aqva is outstanding.

binker
binker

Got a sample of it from sephora & wore it out today. I own all the aqvas & at first I thought this smelled better because it didn't have the marine saltwater note but after awhile I realized that it was way too feminine for my taste. I'll definitely try it out again because it does smell really nice.

I like Aqva Amara. I tried it today. I didn't even know that it was out now. I saw the round brown tester and got curious. I didn't notice it was meant for men.
well. on first sniff I was totally positively overwhelmed by a good powerful like-real bitter orange flower. Very bitter, still not passing the limit of a reaction to poisons. Just right, refreshing and brain-brightening with no high pitch to scream in your head. Sooo nice! I love neroli. It's a note you really need to like in order to enjoy. While generally meant as an easy Citrus flower note (because most perfumes that claim to have neroli have no neroli at all) neroli is quite a demanding and powerful note, instead.
This scent is based on neroli entirely, while other notes are present but as second players.
There is the typical oceanic edge, but thanksgod is not that nausea-inducing typical run-of-the-mill male cologne.
Patchouli is gentle here.
After the long initial bursting it evolves to something more herbal and aromatic. It smells more complicated than the notes list.
The scent all together smells high quality and vacation elegance, if it makes sense.
I thought: I could wear this in hot summer and still smell clean and elegant enough, but this could suit a man, too!
LOL
The bottle is cute, even if with a brown colour you expect a woody fragrance. Maybe it's more related to neroli or the bitterness.

bwcw81
bwcw81

A linear scent with the very similar notes of original Aqva with reduced intensity, stay closed to skin and very weak in projection and Lasting power, max 2 hours on me, a total money wasting flanker bottle, a total washed down that gone in the air in an hour. Go original Aqva and you won't be wrong. Sorry, 2/10 from me.

Frs009
Frs009

This fragrance is the best aqva...so fresh & delicious 9/10 overall .

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

This is an odd one; I sprayed it on my wrist but had a difficult time detecting it from my skin. It almost seems like it replicates my skin to some extent. There seemed to be no real scent here, other than a somewhat shabby and faded patchouli of some variety.

Whatever it costs, it's not worth it to me. It just doesn't stand out as a separate fragrance from my skin - as odd as that sounds.

I didn't detect any strong citrus notes.

-----------------

Worn for a day: My initial impression was correct. This is yet another one of those Bvlgari scents that pretty much just isn't there. It's too timid to make much of an impression on me. On spraying I can detect the faintest of citrus notes, then it pretty much just disappears until the long term scent arrives, which is a rather blah aquatic - and that only on cotton, not skin.

So... I say no to Bvlgari's copper hockey puck.

sbaransy
sbaransy

I was excited about this when I saw it in Ulta today. I sprayed it on the paper and my wrist. I thought, wow....a new, fresh, original summer scent. Then the dry down came and I knew that it smelled really familiar. Many familiar notes of something I had worn for a long time. Sure enough, it hit me on the way out the door. This is a clone of the various Issey Miyake summer editions. If you don't believe it, spray one on each hand. Not that it is a bad smell by any means...I love that spicy, fresh, citrusy vibe, especially for the warmer months. Maybe it's my nose but I can hardly distinguish between the two. Cool bottle as usual...However.... so much for the excitement.

lovetribe
lovetribe

start with bitter orange...
after i feel light,light smoky......but too citrus......herbal....patchouli soft.
not for me.banal.
strong longevity.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Yuck..smells like a old man ..nothing like the other fresh aquatics from aqva line...PASSSSSSSS! try before you buy

Well from looking at this fragrance and it's notes, prior to trying it I thought it would be a case of introducing a flanker that is completely different to the original and other subsequent flankers. Sure Amara starts out with citrus and has a bitter orange note in there too with the clean slightly soapy texture of white floral neroli most of which is different to the original and it's DNA.
Having said this Amara is very reminiscent of the original and certainly Aqva marine to my nose and frankly I was expecting this to be vastly different from them I think it's clever that it retains the very sea like salty accord of Aqva and even the main body of it's character despite the subtle twist.
I for one welcome that as if it had have gone whole heartedly into white floral territory I may not have liked it...but I definitely do! This fragrance is just as popular with me as the other Aqvas and maybe even surpasses them? I will have to give this further testing but it's a very well done indeed and welcome addition to the Aqva family.

Ivano
Ivano

This starts with a sweet floral mandarin burst that quickly dries down into a really dry herbal and bitter orange peel smell mixed a subtle underlying spiciness that brings masculinity to the composition after the floral citrus opening tones down.

Certainly there are some similarities with original Bvlgari Aqva and Armani Code Sport, (it's no coincidence they're all made by the same perfumer) but this bitter orangy smell is a nice twist.

To me, this is a fabulous citrus aromatic (this has almost nothing of aquatic), great quality, it develops on skin (on paper this one is very different), lasts long, has great presentation and is quite original, I highly recommend this if you like this aromatic group.

jaylim87
jaylim87

I just tested this, and yes, this smells a bit feminine in the beginning, but as it dries down it becomes more masculine to me. I can't say I love this, but it's not bad at all. It definitely has aqva DNA.

ghent32
ghent32

I knew this was a 2014 launch, but was surprised to see it already in stores. I saw it in Ulta the other day when shopping with the wife. I went right to it because to me, Bvlgari Aqva is the best "true" aquatic ever done. Aqva Marine is nice, but don't love it so I was real interested in this one, especially with the color of it. It was horrible. I suppose the organge off the top was strong and overdone maybe? The scent itself was awful, so much so that I had to wash my wrist off. Won't touch this one.

antonpan
antonpan

Aqva Amara is the combo of sweet citruses with green distinctive notes. I will describe Aqva Amara as juicy tangerines (mandarins) in the direction of Varvatos Artisan combined with that specific green earthy Bleu de Chanel vibe. Wearing this today I often catch the thought that I wear Bleu.

I don't see any resemblance both to Aqva and Aqva Marine. Besides, Aqva Amara is not "amara" or "bitter", but contemporary sporty tangerin-y fragrance born to please everybody. I like it, though not love.

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

I was surprised to find this cologne at Dillards the other day so I decided to try it out. This was not what I was expecting. When I first sprayed it all I could smell was bitter orange and some smokey tangy accord that I just could not put my finger on. Although I wanted to give this a chance I could not make it more then about 30 minutes before I had to get rid of the smell. I did not like this cologne right from the start. Maybe the dry down redeems this cologne but I guess I will never know. I like colognes that smell good from the opening all the way to the dry down. If the cologne is unwearable for the first 30 minutes why bother? Overall very disappointed.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

To me, this smells a lot different then the other Aqva's.

This has huge Orange notes (Mandarin/Neroli). This scent relies on the Neroli.

I hate the sea weed note from the others, and this doesn't have that nasty weird note. At the very end, it gets a TAD salty but not bad at all.

Overall not what I expected. Good but i was expecting a little more "Aquatic"...not very aquatic at all!

Damingo
Damingo

Tried it today and it smelt different from their other lines of Aqva (kinda unique).
I can detect the original Aqva DNA (just a little) together with bitter citrus at the beginning and now what's left is that bitter salty smell which in IMO isn't my favourite.
It's quite subtle & doesn't project loud but it kinda last with just a skin scent on my skin.

tavo
tavo

I want it.
How does it diferentiate from regular aqua and other flankers?

AND-MAT

I work in a duty free shop... We got it today... So, I tried it!

AND-MAT

Amara is unique in the way that it's an aqua scent totally wearable in the winter season... It's heavy and longlasting with a clean oceanic vibe! It's not the best or the most complicated perfume ever, but if you want something for everyday use, you may have just found a winner.

It's also so versatile as it can also work on summer nights for a loud beach party!

L'Arlesienne
L'Arlesienne

Not really, sreif, if you figure out that now in Brazil and whole South America there is summer!

shreif

the winter just begin ... strange time to reveal a summer fragrance ??

update : @ L'Arlesienne ( the comment above ) ... yes you are right

Intriguing notes... the few that are listed.
I look forward to this one hitting the shelves.

ROLDAN
ROLDAN

Lightly spicy Mandarin / Orange freshness ,uplifting juicy beginning turns little by little to Aqua Tonic version on me. Its a nice citrusy interpretation on the same -water / seaweeds- fresh theme, but not so surprising anymore. Please, Anything new from Bvlgary?!... There's no full list of the notes here I think. It seems that they don't repeat the whole list of notes of the original version, only the new ingredients. Nice bottle by the way.

emi
emi

These notes look so feminine. I'm so curious about this scent.

scribs
scribs

the original aqva was extremely LUX so idk how much better it can get, hopefully it is a hit.

shreif

I love the original aqva and i hope this one will be superior .
If it is ........ then one of my dreams become true .

jivanshi
jivanshi

Wait.... where are the seaweed notes in this one??

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

The combination of notes sound very good!
Definitely wanna try this and then maybe gift it to someone special... :)
Thanks sameh for making me notice a new 'soon to be released' fragrance!!

sameh
sameh

Can't wait 2 try it as I have Aqva & Aqva Marine , I love them both along with MAN as well , so simply im ganna hold my breath till I smell this new AMARA !