Designers » B » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1541 I had it: 831 I want it: 714 My signature: 62

marine
Aqva Pour Homme Bvlgari for men Videos
Aqva Pour Homme Bvlgari for men Pictures Aqva Pour Homme Bvlgari for men Pictures

This aromatic aquatic fragrance gives men energy and refreshment with its marine notes. Aqva Pour Homme starts with fresh aromas of petit grain and citruses. The heart of the fragrance features Posidonia Oceanica seaweed. The base is extremely masculine due to mineral amber and woody notes.

Top Notes: mandarin, orange and petit grain. Heart: Santolina lavender, cotton and Posidonia sea weed. Base: mineral amber, woody notes and clary sage.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDT. Made in 2005.

The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier.

Petitgrain Orange Mandarin Orange

Seaweed Lavender Cotton Flower

Patchouli Virginia Cedar Woodsy Notes Amber Clary Sage

Aqva Pour Homme Toniq

Aqva Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Sh_oK
Sh_oK

I love this perfume. This was the one that got me into the scent madness.

Really fresh and unique. A very pleasant scent, i would wear it all the time and i would not get bored by it

kiviivi
kiviivi

Salty, Airy, watery, perfection killed by poor longevity of eau the mist

O2
O2

بولغاري أكوا يُعتبر سيد العطور المائية المنعشة !

وهو من أفضل العطور المناسب استخدامها خلال فترة النهار لصيف
مشمس شديد الحرارة لأن رائحته باردة مثلجة تروي الأحاسيس ..

ErikCompton
ErikCompton

I had this colonge last year. I am now 35 years old and I am openly gay. i find it better for use for men 30 or under who are strait. It has a nice smell and last a LONG TIME. But i just didnt get the compliments and attention i was looking for. I want a colonge in which men notice me the second they smell me, and this just didnt do the job.
I do recomentd this to any single strait guy age 16-30.

afaham
afaham

I tried the old edition
sillage good
scent very good for summer time
sea weed note is so noticeable
very clean and fresh fragrance you feel like that you swim in the sea in a hot summer day

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

Lovely summer scent, Love the saltiness lol good projection and longevity for an aquatic fragrance. And above all, one of the best bottle designs among all fragrances in my collection.
solid 4/5 from me

I like the hint of seaweed, but overall it's a fairly boring men's scent that doesn't rise above the aquatic notes. Would like to try this in higher concentration where the unusual notes might stand out more

gkalazy
gkalazy

This here is really potent..you might not smell it on you that much but the projection is amazing,you will surely get compliments..Fresh clean scent

terlanjurgagah
terlanjurgagah

well, it doesn't impress me. nothing special for this one, waste a few bucks for common edt

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

When I first smelled this I didn't even know what a "note" was but I just knew that I loved it.

I think it's because it reminds me of the ocean - but in a deep and sexy way. It smells like salty fresh sea breeze too me.

zohaib248
zohaib248

SEA WEED, SEA WEED, SEAWEED. in a good way :)
love this juice. smells much expensive then its cost and does the work pretty good!
longevity 6-8 hours
good projection for first 3 hours
all in all, a wardrobe mainstay !

happyscent
happyscent

Bvlagari Aqua - well its definitely aquatic-sea smell, salty with everything thrown in, but I like this compared to cool water (though I have not personally tried cool water just smelled this on other people)

vitilsky
vitilsky

This smells like salty fish

username101
username101

This is an exquisite cologne. It has some citrus-fruity kind of smell, but it's so well balanced with marine-y, minerally notes. It reminds me of a refined yet not stiff, masculine man.

anthony.klune
anthony.klune

I have trouble with this scent. I like it on cool to warm sunny days but when it gets too hot it smells like its gone off. Secondly, I can't place the notes at all, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I like to identify the notes I'm wearing. At best I would describe it as herbaceous but would never guess it has seaweed as a note, but then again, once indicated to me that it smells like 'the sea', I can identify with its salty breezes, honestly! It really does smell like the ocean, which baffles me. So now I've decided it's not something I would wear into the city on a summers day as I used to, but instead wear it to the beach or some less formal setting. Cliché but it works for me. And while I don't love it, it is still one of the most used scents in my collection, mainly due to it being informal with no heavy sillage. And while it may not be exotic, it is probably the most unique scent I've ever come across.

Lava Drinker
Lava Drinker

I never thought that "seaweed" could be this good,but evidently it is. Meanwhile the citrus notes come halfway between acidic bitter orange and sweet mandarin, not too harsh nor too cloying.

Compared to Acqua di Gio I would say this is way more obviously pronounced, less subtle definitely, and a little heavier on the citrus.

Whatever way, this is pretty great as a springtime/summertime fragrance, but keep in mind it is not dramatically different from others in its category.

Overall: 7.5/10

stromboli77
stromboli77

The best "aquatic" that I've yet to come across….period. Evokes a dark rich oceanic vibe unmatched by any other fragrance. With aqua as one reviewer said, you are diving straight in to the water. Starts out like any other typical aquatic. The opening is fresh and extremely invigorating. Especially in the morning there is something about applying this fragrance that just wakes you up! But the heart of this is what really stands out. The seaweed note to me adds just the right amount of formal richness and personality that transports the wearer to the bottom of the sea or at least being close to it. I do feel kinda of a "beachy" feel but with a much darker formal edge which also makes this fragrance extremely versatile. What your left with is a woodsy masculine base with just the right amount of sweetness to compliment a wonderful scent. Great for work, going out on a date or even for a formal event in the summer. Highly recommended!!!!

lakkiirfan
lakkiirfan

@hana pertiwi
Good, but in very little amount, only one spritz on chest (near neck) and it will work..

hana pertiwi
hana pertiwi

how if a girl use this fragance?

ahmedyoussif4000
ahmedyoussif4000

nice fragrance and very safe one .

bluedad
bluedad

i love this scent. I use every summer and people like this scent too.

usas
usas

Great, masculine aquatic. I detect some fruit in the topnotes, really fresh and invigorating. The drydown is spicey and less noticeable, but when applied on both skin and clothing the topnotes sometimes come trough again once and a while even after a few hours.

I think this is THE basic aquatic. All other aquatics are variations on Aqva homme.

8,5/10

husain.a.m
husain.a.m

I had this in 2006 it was amazing with good sillage and longevity, last month I bought one again, I opened the box and from the first spray I knew it has been reformulated I was disappointed, it is softer now with close to skin sillage and 3-4 hours longevity, the scent is still very good as the original one as what I can remamber, the problem is the sillage and longevity.

Ivano

They changed the fragrance as well, Now it's fresher, much less deep and with horrible longevity and sillage compared to the original. The bottle is the only enhancement in my opinion. I'm really disappointed that they reformulated this, it was my summer signature along with Guerlain Homme.

asifsayed
asifsayed

I love this perfume. yesterday bought new bottle and shocked my new bottle is different from old one. i thought i am duped and this one is fake. but then check on bvlgari website and found they change that bottle. sighh. they remove bvlgari name from bottle ( above aqva name) and fixed on spary cap.

johannbale
johannbale

I'm not crazy since this is my nose, Bvlgari Aqva is very similar to PR Invictus. The citrus scents are very strong. I prefer Aqva since the sillage is stronger than Invictus. Aqva lasted about 12hrs on my skin. Love Aqva. Bvlgari should lower the Aqva's price. :)

Critic
Critic

An aquatic fit for a cloudy, rainy day. It does have that watery, melony vibe with an aggressive dose of salty marine notes.

Not too much fruit going on. More green, vegetal notes. Quite a brooding, moody scent as opposed to the bright fragrances you normally find in this genre.

Aqua Marine is less marine than this and much brighter, fruitier and fresher.

Asifrashid
Asifrashid

I bought this perfume from clicks in centurion lake side mall and I was surprised guess what? fake as soon as I opened the paking I start wondering how can be the
bottle of perfume dirty while packing. When I held the bottle in my hand I start feeling wet mr perfume was leaking from somewhere and immidetely I realised its a
fake one and it didnt smell like original. Well I imediately returned it and got my money back. Lets hope I can find original one.

jivanshi
jivanshi

The seaweed notes in this are unique. I smell the sea on myself all day long, it just doesn't quit, but at the same time it's fresh, clean and invigorating, and I cannot stop sniffing myself. It went straight into my top three.
PS: current formulation, bought it october 2013.

seeingdoves
seeingdoves

I just bought this blind today. Upon first sniff, I am reminded of Versace Pour Homme but Aqva is much gentler and better balanced. Aqva is a very polite aromatic aquatic that is less splashy and more refined and grown up. Like all Bvlgari fragrances, the Aqva dry down in intimate and sexy.

mendwillie
mendwillie

Good!!!

tuor99
tuor99

Bought aqva about three months ago for daily use. its a nice summer aquatic very but not over powering. i smell oranges but only last on me max 3-4 hours.

Honguan
Honguan

I live in a tropical climate and alternate between this and Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude as my daily workplace fragrance.

It has been rainy for the past few days, and I think the cooler temperatures really brings out the best in this fragrance. The saltiness and seaweed really round out the aquatic nature of the scent (which is more 'aquatic', if you will, then Acqua di Gio in my humble opinion).

If you are looking for an aquatic scent, don't be afraid to blind buy this one. It's wonderful, and I only wish it could last a little longer than the 5-6 hours I get out of it.

lbullard
lbullard

I got both the Aqua and the Aqua marine this summer,and as such will do a review on both. I have read about the toniq and have not even tried it,so many people can't be wrong. the similarities are just to great.I want to say I have tried, honestly hard to get a fish smell and I don't and neither have the people I have been around. If you say it is there, I don't doubt you smell it.I think they are wonderful summer scents,very different and classy in their own way.I just love them and keep them around the house in unique ways. I have my aqua marine sitting on my brass and glass century coffee table on top of some sailing books. Bottle design and atomizer are both outstanding.the mist is so well dispersed. I think both the aqua original and the marine are quite different but equal. The original a bit more formal but not in the real since. I can't believe, I like these so much and have waited this long to write a review. I live in a warm climate so I do enjoy light refreshing scents. I love the heavier stuff in the late fall and winter but they are short lived. Hey,fellows you can't wear grey flannel, and encre noir by lalique in ninety degree heat, It would not work.I can't describe how it smells. In warm climes you have got to give it a shot. You will get compliments guaranteed. LB PS- They are happy scents even if you are alone reading, listening to music or watching a movie.

Pororos
Pororos

Did they REALLY changed packaging and formulation?

I've used it for YEARS and love it, last time I bought it, the box was different.

Older one was more "serious" and without "horizontal lines" in front.

The old bottle said BVLGARI in front, new onw just says AQVA POUR HOMME...

The saddest thing is that I feel a more bitter smell on the new one, not as fresh as the older was. :(

Pianopolice

I just want to mention, I bought my Aqva Pour Homme from FragranceNet. They are fake sellers. You may get some good original stuff from them, but the famous popular fragrances are fake. Good Fak though, but the longevity sucks big time.

Ivano

The reformulated version is much much weaker in terms of sillage. It's fresher too, not so salty and dark. I don't know why they changed this. I just bought the new version and I can't smell it on myself at all whereas the original Aqva I could still feel it after going out and sleeping through the day.

BenjaminDallas
BenjaminDallas

This is top notch if you are 30+ years old lol. This is a wonderful aquatic scent but you can tell its meant for older men. Got it. Couldn't pull it off. Gave it to my dad for his anniversary. Have a good one.

Layzie
Layzie

This is a wonderful aquatic, woody fragrance. It's light, but it has decent longevity on my skin. My girlfriend loves sitting curled up by my side, incessantly sniffing me while I'm wearing Aqva Pour Homme.

It's not as fresh and "in your face" as these other summer fragrances, but you can wear this one anywhere as it is pleasant and unobtrusive. The salty, woody base is what really drew me towards the purchase.

I like to wear Aqva Pour Homme in the summer and at casual evening events.

vonMises
vonMises

Bvgari Aqva is very likely the epitome, or the perfect example, of an aquatic. It is sublime, intoxicating, beyond criticism.

If you don't like aqautics, then obviously you are not going to like this. But then there is a world you are preventing yourself from enjoying. If so: suit yourself. But you can't say this is a bad or poor fragrance. It is spectacular.

elvis944

I totally agree. They are pretty much identical to my nose. This just smells like a stronger version. There is definitely no sense in getting both unless you already have ADG and you want something stronger.

burgundyaltima

smells just like Acqua Di Gio ..but this one last way longer!

alexander.cobabe
alexander.cobabe

I can hardly smell this one. I have to sniff hard to appreciate any aroma. Then I smell some salt water and copper with a little bit of spice. If I really wanted to buy something Bvlgari I would get the Aqva Marine. That one is much stronger and has high performance on longevity. It does however smell a bit feminine if sprayed on clothes. It's better applied to skin where your skin chemistry can work with it. It's a good aquatic if you can afford it.

jliu92
jliu92

it's quite a fresh scent. I loved this scent, especially during Spring/Summer. i havent used this for a while, as recently im into vetiver, balm, and mastic scents. but spring/summer is up, and its time to bring out the BVLGARI!

Really like this one! Not exactly spellbinding though by the same rule.
Nice salty sea element to it, fruity and generally very nice.
Still haven't bought a bottle so I don't know about long term use longevity etc...doesn't seem too potent to me but I like that.
Has a time and a place to be worn.

elvis944

Beautiful bottle, beautiful scent, however very short lived on the skin.

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

This is the "saltiest" of the aquatics in my collection. Smells OK, but doesn't last. Scent is low key. It's not great, but not bad. Good casual daytime scent. My impression of Bvlgari Aqva is ambivalence. I love the design of the bottle though; it doubles as a stylish, ornamental paperweight on my desk.

sanjib dass
sanjib dass

Nice one try it .I love

storm.suhoney
storm.suhoney

i like it....and to top it off i got it for only 9 bucks!!!!

Redbeard
Redbeard

At first I thought I didn't like aquatics, but Bulgari Aqua taught me what a sophisticated one can do. This really is more oceany than a lot of the sweeter shower-gel-scent aquatics, with an almost salty accord that I easily detect all the way through the scent's progression. To me, it's the near-perfection of that strange herbal mixture that gave Acqua di Gio and L'eau d'Issey their intriguingly plastic, modern feel: the smell of starkly beautiful hollow space, not quite like anything common in the real world...an empty room made of glowing, malleable translucent surfaces in cool muted colors. Issey, at a higher price point, has been pared down too far, and is abstract and minimalist, like a wall of solid white plastic. Acqua di Gio has a slight added floral sweetness, giving it something that the Bulgari can't provide...blurry hints of green and pink. But considering that the Bulgari is great at a much lower price than either of these two relatives, I think I found my aquatic of choice.

oytsilus
oytsilus

Smells good of course, but unfortunately it becomes overrated here in Indonesia. You can smell it on anyone. Bus, train, office, public place, anywhere!

kambelz
kambelz

Smells like going to the beach. Not like pineapples and coconuts, like the actual smell of the beach. Very much smells like the sand and ocean to me. I get a very salty floral citrus that is very masculine, but extremely pleasant to the nose. I wear this almost every time I go to the beach now. Wear it lightly to work or school, as it can get a little on the loud side. Bvlgari usually doesn't fail to impress.

Seaweed, seaweed and more seaweeds. First spray, feel complicated aroma. But i loved it more than ADG by Armani. Bvlgari aqva get more compliment from my friends. ADG more to sweetness n little bit feminine. I work on site and in tropical state, so aqva better than ADG.

dmirror
dmirror

This has a little Issey Miyake in it l'eau pour homme sport theirs something in it that makes it kind of similar but any how nice fragrance 7/10 aqva marine is also nice I like both equally

amirabbas
amirabbas

When I applied it for the first time i got headache. it was overpowering for me. It's one of the most complicated fragrances. this scent change several time from start to finish. I love this scent but have to be in mood to be able to wear it.

Starting scent is a lot citrusy and also spicy. I don't like the opening note because as I said it's overwhelming. after half an hour the citrus will weaken and marine notes will comes in. you fell that you are standing in front of see or a swimming pool and you can feel the scent of water and humidity of the pool. after this stage the woody note will add to the mixture and I also feel a little sweetness in this stage. there is a little similarity between sweetness in dry down on this scent and Issey Miyake Pour Homme.

Its quite manly scent and to me its prestigious too. the sillage and longevity is good and on my skin it remains for 6 hours and I can smell it on my hand after 8 hours. because of sillage and also heaviness I think it's not suitable for office use. If you want to use it in office its better to spray it once or at last twice. more than that can be annoying for others.

اولین بار که ازش استفاده کردم سر درد گرفتم. بوی خیلی زیادی داره مخصوصا همون اول که اسپری می کنید. بوی پیچیده ای داره و در طول زمان بارها رایحه اش تغییر پیدا می کنه. بوش رو خیلی دوست دارم ولی باید حس و حالم رو به راه باشه تا بتونم ازش استفاده کنم.

اولش با بوی مرکبات شروع میشه. من حس میکنم خیلی هم بوی ادویه ای داره و گه گاه بعد از استعمال همون اول به سرفه می افتم (البته من یه خورده روی بوی شدید حساس ام) ولی بعد از نیم ساعت اون بوی مرکبات میره و بوی دریایی ظاهر میشه. دقیقا بوی آب دریا و حس کنار استخر آب بودن رو بهتون میده. بوی آب واضحه و همینطور بوی ساحل هم میده. بعد از این مرحله بوی چوب و گیاهان دریایی هم بهش اضافه میشه و یه شیرینی کمی هم اون وسط ها داره که به نظرم خیلی جالب هست.

بوش خیلی مردونه هست و به نظرم با پرستیژ هم هست. پخش بو و ماندگاریش هم عالیه و روی پوست من نزدیک به 6 ساعت پخش بو داره و تا 8 ساعت بعد از استفاده هم همچنان بوش رو روی دستم حس میکنم. برای استفاده تو محیط کار به نظرم خیلی مناسب نیست چون بوش زیاده و تو محیط های کوچیک زیاد پخش میشه. اگر می خواید استفاده کنید باید خیلی کم اسپری کنید. یکی نهایت دو تا اسپری کفایت می کنه. بیشتر از اون تو محیط های بسته ممکنه برای بقیه اندکی آزاد دهنده باشه

در کل عطر خوبیه ولی اول تست کنید بعد بخرید چون به خاطر بوی سنگینش اولیه اش شاید برای هر کسی جذاب نباشه

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Truly, on my skin I get seaweed and salty air with a soft woody base. I mean, its in the paragraph breakdown.

Landonbeckham
Landonbeckham

Some of these negative comments are just ignorant and pathetic... For someone like me who is trying to find a certain scent, it's stupid to read comments that it smells like seaweed and salt and other BS..... Don't try to be a comedian, just write a truthfull review so it helps others make fragrance choices.....
Personally this smells fresh with a little spice. It's pretty damn good! I feel it would work for day and night, and for me it lasts.
Try it on your skin, and you be the judge.....

Knickx
Knickx

Fresh and spicy. Great for daily wear.

Flashman
Flashman

I sprayed some of this on my wrist, waited a couple of minutes, then went and found my wife and asked her, without ANY prompting, "What do you think?" as I waved my wrist past her nose. "Hmmmmmm, that's nice. Smells like the beach," she said. Got it in one, babe. It's pleasant; it's masculine; but it's not a big, stupid, in-your-face smell like, say, Kouros, or something.

spoombung
spoombung

I'm not really into the aquatic genre but this is easily the most interesting and attractive one I've come across and the only one I'd consider buying.

Ozone, moss and citrus give an impression of buoyancy, depth, immersion and open spaces.

twister292
twister292

A very good fragrance. It's not the loudest or strongest fragrance around. Projection is moderate, longevity is good. It doesn't make a huge statement around you, just hangs around as a pleasant, rather sublime aura that doesn't overpower. One or two squirts too many of this fragrance wont have your neighbourhood running for a fume cabinet.

The opening is saline/aquatic, middle notes get a bit less salty, and the drydown has a slight hint of wood. However, the aquatic undertone doesn't leave it throughout.

I've had this one since 2006, and since then it has had a flanker or two as well (Aqva Marine comes to mind). I havent had a run-in with the flanker, but this is one fragrance that is hard to go wrong with, especially if it doesn't have a strong after-shave clashing with it.

eric.cius
eric.cius

In 2005 Bvlgari gave everyone a reason to never search for another aquatic ever again. They called it Aqva.
This is a masterpiece. How can you better capture the word Aqva in a bottle? You can't. Great projection, great longevity. A must have in any man's collection.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I was trying to figure out what the heck I was smelling with this one... seaweed? Okay....

I liked it better than Aqua Marine - but I didn't really care for it. Longevity on me was awful.

My search for a Bvlgari I like continues.

Blueneon
Blueneon

Love at first smell!
I've wanted to order this for quite some time, and I don't know why it took me this long, but I'm more than glad I finally did!

At first spray, I get an opening of citrus. A blast of pure, zesty citrus.
As it starts to dry down, it really does start to smell like an ocean! I never got a "fish" smell at all like some others. Just clean ocean air with a hint of citrus all the way through.

Projects very far! Many people at a distance ask me what I'm wearing, and I have no idea they could even smell it. Being outside on a breezy day is a bonus.
It stays on me almost all day. It's perfect!
The bottle just tops it off. Very unique and truly captures the essence of the fragrance inside.

A beautiful and refreshing Summer fragrance!
I know I'll be reaching for this for a very long time.

zouz123
zouz123

Was my signature perfume for around 3 years..a classic!

allexa
allexa

Now, this is confusing. Looks like people talking about Aqva Pour Homme Marine Bvlgari for men. Let me notice - this one is Aqva Pour Homme Bvlgari for men. See the difference? Just Aqva. As for me it doesn't have any UGLY seaweed or fish nuances. Ocean water, gentle citrus, freshness of the early morning summer beach.
Love it.

RyBayBayMPLS
RyBayBayMPLS

once owned this cologne as it was one of the first designer frags i ever bought(about 3 years ago)

i can say, initially i loved it.. many others liked it too.. however as i wore it more i drew away from it and tended to reach for another frag.

my mom smelled it on me and said it smells like "dead fish by a garbage can next to the ocean" Lol...

i like it, but its not one of my personal favs.. HOWEVER, i DO own the Bvlgari Aqua MARINE toniq.. love that stuff, great for summer.

but i guess if you are into a darker/oceany vibe this would be a go for you!

Javi0005
Javi0005

very unique. I can't think of any other scent that would smell similar to this one.

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

The best thing i have ever smelt, hands down!

manzoor86
manzoor86

to me aqva marine is a better scent,its much heavy, projection is much ambiguous,

cjgoehner
cjgoehner

How I would describe Aqva...The waves softly crashed against the rocky beach, their curling fingers brushing each stone with a gentle caress as the wind ushered them gently towards the shore. The sun shone off the rippling water, its golden light warped in the twisted, glass waves. Fire erupted where the suns rays touched water, a golden, passionate lava dancing on the trembling surface. The breeze, by contrast, was cool; it hung in the air, and was subtle yet ever-present, like the breath of a dead lover on your neck.
My signature scent, 10/10
Anyone that has a problem with longevity, just add any scent free body (cream) before spraying Aqva to the area. I easily get over 10 hours by doing this.

malcner
malcner

I was very surprised to see no black pepper listed in this! To me, the initial blast is a fresh and peppery one! Lovely.
I see this as a lighter, fresher equivalent to Aramis Gentleman for the warmer months. It is aquatic, but the spiciness I get stops me from classing it as one...usually I don't like aquatic scents. Well, they are pleasant enough, but I always find them a little boring.....maybe I'm just trying the wrong stuff?
Saying that, this is nothing terribly exciting, but I just like it. It's clean, fresh, cool and spicy. It's inoffensive, affordable and lasts for hours. A winner for spring and summer!

munnalay
munnalay

ADG used to be my favourite summer scent till I found this one. Smell very fresh and clean with good longevity. Well done

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

This is the best aquatic fragrance that I have worn. It is a very unique and sophisticated fragrance overall but it may not appeal to a lot of people. I think you either love this or hate it because of the deep salty sea weed water notes in it.

The opening is a fresh citrus burst which quickly changes into a powerful deep sea ocean water fragrance. As if diving to the bottom of the ocean where fresh deep, dark, oxygenated, salty water and sea weed can be sensed.

This lasts for a long time on my skin about 12 hours and projects moderately well. Very masculine, unique, mature and sophisticated. Its in my top ten list. For more detailed reviews check out my website mrproductreview.com

psychomotif
psychomotif

Smells like sea weed , very salty smell. Does not last much, about 4 to 6 hrs tops.
Definitely a compliment getter,projects about 1feet from body.Plus the bottle is so cool , can be used as a paper weight ;)

Odiee99
Odiee99

Bvlgari Aqva is definitely not your typical aquatic, and I'm not sure that is a good thing. This really caught me by surprise. Aqva is reminiscent of deep murky lake water; algae and fish included. I do get the appeal and it seems perfect for the summer, but I just don't think that it's a fit for me.

Projection and longevity are a little below average.

Scent 3/5
Projection 2.75/5
Longevity 2.75/5

Marciu
Marciu

This one is not a typical aquatic scent and that's one of the reasons why I love it so much.

The opening is, you could say, ordinary. Citrus fruits. But soon something extremely beautiful comes out. I mean the Posidonia seaweed. This, mixed with citruses, makes myself wanting to sniff it all the time. Later on the frag gets a little warmer. Longevity, as for an aquatic scent is very good - ~8 hours. Sillage and projection are very good.

Awesome. It's better for spring than for summer, I think.

It's one of these I always must have in my colection.

Ecko_rx
Ecko_rx

Got it as a christmas gift back in 2006, all i can say is that when i wore it at work, my coworkers would stop and ask me what im wearing, and they all loved it.

findtheriver
findtheriver

One of my top casual summer fragrances. I associate this frag with hanging at the beach, summer block parties, bbq's and warm weather vacations. Basically any occasion where I'd be in a t-shirt and have an ice cold Corona beer in my hand. For me it's like aroma therapy in the summer. It's relaxing, laid back, a little sexy and masculine.

Btw, as much as I love this scent, I refuse to wear to the office... ever! I never want to break that exclusive association it has with me and relaxing in the sun.

Lestat
Lestat

I love the smell of ocean, and bvlgari hit the nail right on the head with this one. Amazing smell works great with my body chemistry. Compliments galore from women. A very different kind of aqva.Fresh and in the end a little salty and spicy. For me its an all year around fragrance very versatile.I use it for morning office wear, even night outs.3 sprays on chest and Im good to go. Plus I also use the bvlgari aqva after shave balm with it.. two thumbs up from me

zenmonkey
zenmonkey

Another warm weather frag that has a good smell, but lacks in performance. I guess you could say the performance is average, but in this genere 'average' is weak. I will say ,I give Aqua credit for having a bit of uniqueness about it. Most warm weather/aquatics kind of follow a simple path, but this one has something going for it that makes the scent more interesting that your average aquatic. Worth trying a sample if you are interested, but I honestly feel there are better options for summer if you are looking for longevity and sillage.

trittoly

It has this coosy smell that makes me wanna hug myself. I love it!!

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is rainy aqua cologne for me. Good for daytime casual use in Spring.

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

Lovely and fresh as ever~

Fragrance Lover Forever
Fragrance Lover Forever

This has to be one of the best fragrances for men till date, I mean at least for me! This perfume is just too good!! Im a girl but I still have a 5ml of this one, but I never used it actually, I just smell it ;')

BoriScorpio
BoriScorpio

This is a good one,I like this..It's aquatic but in a dark way,fresh and sexy..Love the bottle design(I read somewhere that it's suppose to resemble a pebble from a beach).It has good longevity and projection.

Ultra.Black7

پخش بوی فوق العاده و ماندگاری خوب
در یک کلمه: همه پسند و قابل احترام

14Fragrance
14Fragrance

love it love it love it! but lasts only few hours than magically the scent disappears.

8times
8times

I was not sure if I really liked this one at first but have been using it more and more lately and realised slowly that I enjoy wearing it, It reminds me of holidays as I first wore it whilst on holiday, looking forward to using it a lot more even though it is winter even if only to bring back memories of warmer times.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I went and bought a bottle of it today, it's nice, clean and fresh, but i have to say i agree a little with the people who have said it's nothing remarkable, didn't last very long on my skin. I like it, but i won't buy again, bottle is perfect for taking to work. Way down the Bvlgari line for me, after Extreme, Blv etc

thomik
thomik

This fragrance smells horrible in my opinion. I dont understand why everybody loves it. I went to parfumery to try this one, but when I applied it, I suddenly thought to myself, that I know that smell. A lot of people wear it, imo people with no taste and sense of individuality :)
It causes me a nausea. And I am pretty sure that Im not the only one.
This is that kind of stink that you have to sniff on and on.

aeterno76
aeterno76

On your next visit to the fragrance counter, try this:

Spray some L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme on one wrist. Spray Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme on the other.

Obviously the top notes are very distinctive. But I find that the deeper notes, especially the dry down, are similar. Not identical, but very similar. Issey's bottom notes are to die for. Bvlgari Aqva in not quite that good, but close.

If you like the basenotes of Issey but are not a fan of the opening notes, you may prefer Bvlgari Aqva. You probably will not find Aqva's opening as offensive as Issey's. Experiment and decide for yourself. Nevertheless, Aqva is one of the top three aquatics for men, IMO...

trickykid300

This is an interesting cologne. If I spray it on my skin it lasts for 5-6 hours. If I put it on my clothes it lasts for like 3 days. It also changes soooo much. By the end of the ast day it smmelled so much like lavander and manderina and it was delicious. The seaweed smell was almost completely gone at that point.
So if you want it to last and have great sillage puy s spray on your neck and one down your shirt. Then I put 2 sprays up each sleave. It lasts all day and people give me compliments more then before. Even saying its sweet smelling. Experiment with with your spray techniques if you want to increase the sillage and longevity.

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

Sea in the bottle, or better yet the Atlantic Ocean in a bottle. I perceive it as, intense, deep, dark, mysterious and very powerful! From all the perfumes that you got marine attribute to me is the absolute same vision! Starting Davidoff Cool Water (and that in my opinion does a sea thing, the more I was fresh variant)), to Kenzo pour Homme, to Paterfamilias Armani Acqua Di Gio, an even less well-known, such as Angel Schlesser, to Herrera Aqua, which really has nothing to do with the sea, but such is his name, and many others Bvlgari Aqva, in my opinion, absolutely evokes deep oceans, in contrast to the Acqua Di Gio, who is eternal and forever young rebel, Aqva is more serious, and darker, and also very nice, subtle and blatant, in contrast to the Italian Charmer, who strikes the first! Jeweler Bvlgari out of the house we were really given, a real sea fragrance, very good quality, very distinctive, with a top silage and as such it really takes an honorary place on the ladder,the eternal perfumes!!!

dosojosnegros
dosojosnegros

to me it is the greatest scent known.
UPDATE: I have recently purchased aqva and it isn't he same juice. it is weaker with less sillage and longevity. I am very very upset about this. did I get a counterfeit? maybe. I intend to buy more in the near future as it is my favorite scent so hopefully this nightmare is a one off.

Ivan Reis
Ivan Reis

The very first characteristic I got from Aqva is its extreme "dryness". It's a very male scent, with an incredible freshness. The first time I sprayed it in my arm, I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and saw myself at the beach with arms wide open in front of the sea. Simply fantastic.

ramones
ramones

nice fragrance, can stay on my body maybe till 4 hours. but i think its suitable for night activity, because the heavy notes on the bottom notes. its my favorite parfume actually

vote: 9/10

hesione
hesione

first of all, I'm a female, who just happens to get a sample for my other perfume purchase.

This smells great at the first spray, clean and fresh, but after a while the salty and fishy smell start to emerge, salty plus fishy, well, some might said this is the scent of the ocean, but it makes the impression of the sweaty man who works in the fish market to me... not really a sexy scene... sorry.

Castor
Castor

This is the kind of scent that reminds that you never have to say never. I hate acquatics: pungent, synthetic feeling (if this does not mean anything to you, imagine the feeling of a sting in your nosetrils), shrieking, common, undifferentiated (they all smell the same, so to speak).

It has been said it is the best acquatic available in the market, I think it must be because of the base notes. Let me describe it: you do get a blast of acquatic notes at first, followed by the citrics, so we might as well say the pyramid is quite straightforward, a fact that does not attempt to its complexity. Amazingly, these acquatic notes are a true rendition of the smells you'll find in the seashore (iodine, algae, sand... forget the fish, you won't get any notes resembling that accord ;), followed, almost immediately, by citrics, namely, tangerine. So far, if told by someone else, this description would make me shudder as well as think this is not the right for me. Now, the citric notes morph into a classic hesperidic composition followed notably by the typical classical manly base notes: the patch-musk combo added with amber and cedar. Well, you cannot distinguish these that clearly, but you can sense it.

To wrap it up, a truly enjoyablee scent belonging to the least likable olfactory group by my part, something that is worrying me... I found Acqua di Gio Essenza as enjoyable as this one. Maybe the industry is working hard in order to captivate ozonic / acquatic haters. If you are among this bunch, be careful, they are after us.

trittoly

Its really cool cos first time i wore it i got a whole lot of compliments from people around me.

fazilsmr
fazilsmr

The best aquatic perfume ever...super long lasting and it smells great. Projection is crazy and lasts more than 10 hours on my skin..this perfume gives you the idea of being close to the blue ocean..

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

just bought this! fell in love rite away i sprayed it on my wrist. its citrusy note makes my day & keep me fresh the whole day & nite :)

sofoubiz
sofoubiz

I'm deeply in love with the smell and the man wearing it: this perfume is a breathing orgasm.

Ivano

This has been clearly reformulated. I used to have this fragrance and not only the bottle has changed but the perfume itself. If you take a look at the olfactive notes in the Bvlgari webpage you can see:

Top Notes: Mandarin and Petit Grain
Middle Notes: Santolina and Posidonia
Base Notes: Mineral Amber and Clary Sage

You really can tell the difference.

zurkizx
zurkizx

This fragrance is really have a good smell. But it not really long lasting in my skin. Anyway, i think its better than marine and toniq.

aeo005
aeo005

To me, this smells like confidence--but not in an aggressive, gross way. It leaves just enough to the imagination, if that makes any sense whatsoever. I love to smell it on a man becaues it's softly and sweetly deductive. It has melon undertones and is....well, aquatic (shocking, right?). When a guy walks past me smelling like this, it turns my head.

texmich
texmich

Tried it, and ill pass. I was hoping this would b a little more fresh n crisp. It does have a deep water scent, with a hint of flower petal,but just wasnt something i liked. Its a deep smell that wouldnt put me in a happy mood. I am a huge bleecker st fan, and found it did kinda match a note of bleecker. But thats why bleecker is so much better cause it has so many notes that pop and hit u in a good way. Aqva just smelled ok and wasnt bad, but just didnt di it for me

Don Juan Carlito
Don Juan Carlito

love love loveeeeeeeeee ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ this stufff..just great bvlgari aqua is one of my favourite fragrances all time..and I get many compliments when I wear it..very masculine very deep very watery and really nature smell..perfect hot days but you can wear all occasions

bvlgari aqua gets 9,5 out of 10 by me :) its very good longevity and projection on my skin around 8-10 hour..

Thank You and Bravo Mr Cavallier..

babygurl72
babygurl72

This was not what i expected. It smells like so many other colognes, it did not work with my skin. I have a big bottle, if anyone ants to swap, pm me

Mark Antony
Mark Antony

Very refreshing in the mornings and after sports.i wear it and i feel like i came out from sea. the design of the bottle is nice.it lasts 6-7 hours and the sillage is pretty good.in my opinion this one and pour homme are the best of bulgari.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

In general, the scent is damn sexy, and long lasting. I had my first bottle of this in 2008, bought another in 2009. Both had great staying power. I bought another bottle recently, and the writing on the bottle is only AQVA POUR HOMME. No more the word BVLGARI. Also, the latest one has the word BVLGARI engraved at the sprayer.
Well, I don't mind with those changes, but what makes me wonder is, the staying power is not the same as the previous two that I bought back then.

The scent is just the same, only the lasting power is no longer as strong as before.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Simply one of the best Aqua's out there!! Nothing else to say. This one is so true to it's name it's unreal! One of my overall favorite fragrances!

mrfume
mrfume

A Salty aquatic created by the master himself Mr Jacques Cavallier, Compared to all the other aquatics out in the market which tend to get an overdose on the flowers/floral In contrast to that this one is more like a dive right in the sea in all her salty glory, you're instantly refreshed with a dash of citrusy orange and as you swim ahead she tingles your nose with some spiciness of pepper and the seaweed takes center stage with the salty start always in the back ground which is not at all overpowering anything,after a while i do smell some subdued floral's not faint but just subdued yes its tamed just right,telling me my destination is near,after this bespoke sojourn in the sea.I dry my self of on land and the remnants of the sea linger with the assurance of gentle woods and amber in the dry down would i want to dive back in hell yeah :D , the lasting power is decent and projection is decent too (depending on skin) . exquisite bottling

8*/10*

steve0580
steve0580

Very nice! Just like fresh ocean water. I love it. Pity is doesn't last very long.

limited Edition
limited Edition

Its a very interesting fragrance ,as its the one of the only frgrances I own that receives so many compliments , while I question its worth..7/10

kvk
kvk

Not my favorite. Doesn't last on me.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Now Bvlgari Aqva is a VERY different aquatic.

This modern crisp Bvlgari scent is my fragrance of dreams on my man. The use of posidonia seaweed and the amber along with patchouli, vetiver and pepper is wonderfully blended. The opening smells almost too strong on the salt from the poisonous seaweed, but WAIT AND WATCH!

The middle smells like jasmine; but this is not the sheer elegant jasmine, it is the bitter, cozy yet sexy jasmine. The middles also brings forth the awaited pepper, patchouli and amber forth. The posidonia rounds it all off to give a very "aquatic" feeling.

The base is a very strong aldehydic amber with soft notes of patchouli and vetiver; to help maintain the Aqva-ness of the fragrance, I guess. The base is warm and cool at the same time and it really manages to wow me.

This is a great, DIFFERENT, masculine aquatic which makes you feel you've plunged into the ocean to pluck some seaweed. Very attractive and very complete. Sillage and longevity are what they should be. Kudos to Bvlgari for making this very DIFFERENT and not a weird commonplace aquatic!

trickykid300

I recently tested, and then bought this cologne. It seems to be that most aquatics are similar. Channel allure sport or versace's eau fraiche smell great and fresh but it misses the feeling of being somewhere else. I really feel like this is a vacation in a bottle, It smells brisk and exciting, and it smells different then most aquatics that most people will assume is just aqua di gio. It projects well and lasts for the whole day. Apply only about 2 or 3 sprays.

JMonroy98
JMonroy98

One of my favorite Aquatic scents, it smells like your at the bottom of the ocean. Very dark and mysterious. I prefer this one than Aqva MArine, That one Last nothin on my skin.

kitten_purry
kitten_purry

Deep Ocean ! So Sexy !

The best..

vannamond
vannamond

Desolate tropical beach, coral, palm trees. Not for Fall, but I like to wear it when Summer becomes distant memory.

burgundyaltima

very salty dirty aquatic.. ..i like this one better than the marine.. i don't know if i will repurchase..

camposg
camposg

This fragrance is a salty seaweed orange as liniear as can be scent. It is aqua. It is nice. It also smells similar to acqua di gio thats probably why it garners alot of compliments

Kain
Kain

A beautiful but at the same time scary trip to the deep ocean. a place that you may attacked by a giant octopus!
This is a really strange and mysterious fragrance.
The opening is sharp, salty, green and aquatic scent that has a dark and deep smell!
Actually more mysterious than dark but it's something different.
In the mid that salty and green scents started to decay and some sweetness and some woodsy notes kicked in.
The smell still is mysterious but it's not as unique as the opening. you may also smell some fresh and fruity smell like watermelon. but it's in the background.
The projection is really great at the start, but dies down really quick and become skin scent.
Longevity is average on my skin.
A different smell that definitely you have to test it before buying it.
It's not a safe blind buy!
یه عطر خوشبو ولی با بوی خاص و متفاوت که ممکنه هر کسی نپسنده
بویی شبیه به بوی آب شور اقیانوسها رو میده که میشه بوی جلبک ها و خزه ها رو هم توش حس کرد
بوی تاریک و خاصی داره که خیلی شاداب و خنک نیست و واقعا بوی عجیب ولی عالی داره
در ادامه کمی از شوری اون کم میشه و مقداری شیرین میشه و مقداری رایحه های چوب و یه بویی شبیه به بوی هندوانه بهش اضافه میشه که البته خیلی قوی نیست
پخش بو و ماندگاری متوسطی داره اما نیم ساعت اول پخش بوش خیلی زیاده
کار خاص و متفاوتیه که من شخصا خیلی خوشم میاد ولی پیشنهاد میکنم حتما تست کنین بعد بخرین
خرید این عطر بدون تست به نظر من کار درستی نیست

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

AQVA BVLGARI is a cologne that brings compliments in large amounts,,but this is a synthetic fragrance THAT WILL GIVE YOU A HEADACHE IF IS NOT SPRAYED VERY LIGHTLY,,other than that women love it an thats the only reason i use it.

too young
too young

if the word BVLGARI is engraved on the silver cap and is not painted on the glass bottle is it fake or just new edition??

dnuttall0
dnuttall0

Absolutely stunning fragrance this one. I'm not going to talk about the smell specifically just about what this fragrance means to me. For me personally Bvlgari Aqva is really close to my heart as it's one of the first fragrances I wore. It was my brothers fragrance and I wore this every time I had dancing classes when I was 15 going on to 16. I received plenty of compliments from the girls and it seemed to fit the occasion very well. I purchased this last year without smelling it for along time and when I smelt it on me I died inside it was that good. The aroma took me right back to those dancing classes that I loved so much. And I could not help but constantly lifting my wrist towards my noise to get the sexy seductive scent. To me I find this scent to have a very sexual aroma about it mainly because of the awkward age (puberty) I was when I wore it. To get the best out of it for myself I wear it on hot summer nights. I adore Bvlgari Aqva, 10/10

sameel
sameel

nice light smell sort of like cool water but i like cool water better!7/10

DaHitManN
DaHitManN

The scent really makes me think I'm on the beach; it has this sea-scent feel to it because of the seaweed, and it does complement the other notes in it as well Since I'm just 14, it does remind me of my childhood since my father got it when it just came out. At first, I thought the bottle was some kind of humongous pebble, yet now since I've grown it just fits in my hands snugly. xD

waine
waine

I have only tested this. The Sea Weed note was a little overbearing for me. The whole scent was simply unpleasant. Not for me.

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

smells like dreamy pristine ocean water awesome!

mmh6352
mmh6352

Smells like cool water initially. But later projects warm woody scent and amazingly long lasting.

nonstop82
nonstop82

ilk anda turunç kokusu veriyor, bir kaç dakika sonra deniz ve sedir kokusu ile dengesini buluyor. alt notalardaki çiçek kokularını da alabiliyorsunuz. 4-6 saat arasında bir kalıcılığı var, yakın mesafeden duyulabiliyor. yaz için çok ideal ve rahat bir koku.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

ok scent, opening is nice ocean/breeze/shell/seaweed smell

the drydown is very floral (not a good one. turnoff for me and boring too.

unpleasant to wear

Zakkarina
Zakkarina

Awesome fragrance, sexy and clean, smells nice, sooooo good!!

zygimantas.bendikas
zygimantas.bendikas

karlovonamesti
Cant add anything, amazing review,with such sensuality,really got into my imagination and visualised as you mentioned,
Perfect ;]

karlovonamesti

Bvlgari Aqva - I think a lot of reviewers missed the boat on this one. No pun intended.

To any and all readers who take my reviews seriously, read them loyally, and actually take stock of what I say, I'd like to impart this little bit of wisdom to you: Aqva is a sport fragrance the way sport fragrances should be done. Never mind what Tania Sanchez said about it. Never mind what anyone else says about it. This is an indolic white floral perfume, masquerading as an aquatic, and the joke is on anyone who missed the obvious floral arrangement sitting in its dense heart.

Aqva's biggest issue, as far as I can tell, is that it has a rather unremarkable generic opening. The first minute seems pretty boring, a salty melon-like ozonic mush that does little to stir the imagination. But give it another minute, and smell the white flowers opening. They're not just your ordinary flowers. They've been trimmed of their sweetness and prettiness, and left with only their dirty, skanky, indolic cores intact, which infuses Aqva's salty personality with a raunchy beauty that truly astonishes me. It's orange blossom and jasmine the way I always want to smell them in a masculine fragrance: naughty, clear, and totally the center of attention. Truly great stuff.

After two hours the indoles calm a little, making way for a pleasant salted melon accord, which is flanked by sea-weedy green notes. In the far drydown there's just a salty mist of remote fruit and cool white flowers, somewhat more polite, but still hinting at their past glory. Truly an entertaining fragrance, fresh and dirty at the same time, a work of brilliance disguised by a banal genre. Not to be missed.

sameh
sameh

I don't know what 2 say about it , first time i got complement from my little sis & still do , so i can say it dose project well , for me the scent smells grate & longevity as well , it's salty but wrapped with sweets, unique bottle design too .
Well Done Bvlgari !
P.S. i have 2 bottles & i can hardly wait 2 try Bvlgari man as i have one i haven't used it yet

éciboszi
éciboszi

Darling fragrance smell :-) Cool guys, I like :-)

reyjasson
reyjasson

My aunt gifted me this last May, and it was actually my first time to own a perfume with such an unusual bottle :))

When I sprayed this on my wrists I thought I was actually gonna get that "old-man-with-a-cowboy-hat-and-cigar" feeling again, but I was wrong. Instead, the notes instantly reminded me of the cologne I used back when I was in High School(which for its $9 price itself was a best buy). Fresh, cool, airy with a cold shower feeling... but I was kinda disappointed of the similarity it had with my old perfume. Worth the spray, though :)

Mridul Chopra
Mridul Chopra

The universe of fragrances has become accustomed to welcome thousands of Aquatics every year and with this high amount of entries, it becomes exceedingly hard for the regulars to secernate these Aquatic smells. Gratefully, the House of Bvlgari endowed us with this profound and complex scent, which has substantially revolutionized the opinions about aquatics.

Presentation= The design of the bottle enlightens us about, how Bvlgari has seeped in the priceless experience and heritage of their jewellery designing into the making of this bottle. It is simply astonishing to see a bottle designed so perfectly to express the fragrance inside. The dark midnight blue color of the bottle is used appropriately to educate people about the sea and saltwater qualities attached to the scent inside. From every perspective, whether it is the shape, color or presentation, the bottle to me looks like a water droplet. So full marks to the spotless craftsmanship involved in the presentation of the bottle.

Scent = The moment you spray the juice, an acute uplifting smell of mandarins and oranges thumps the nose and this shock lasts for around half an hour. The citrusy opening rolls on a salty road, which makes this scent distinct from its competitors. The salty notes maintain an intense relationship with this fragrance in major part of the scent life, thus presenting an elegant stature to this scent. Eventually the note of Seaweed joins the road in the middle of the journey and provides the scent with deep and dark aquatic undertone. At this point of time, the scent takes you closer to the deep waters of the sea, giving a serene effect to the smell. In the last segment of the journey, Amber and woodsy notes provide the base for the scent, taking away the saltiness at last. Amber doesn’t provide any kind of heaviness to the fragrance, but grippingly with the woodsy notes the scent becomes more airy. It is one of those kinds of fragrance, in which every note speaks for itself and still the standard of complexity for the fragrance doesn’t descend one bit. This entertaining ride of the scent lasts for at least 6 hours, on good days even 8 hours of longevity shouldn’t be surprising. Getting complements with this fragrance is comparatively easy on a hot summer day/ warm summer nights than in cooler weather. Projection of this fragrance is moderate, making it a safe scent to wear in almost every occasion. It is hard to spot any downside of this scent, but people who are allergic to salty notes can get offended easily. Sometimes I get a glue like vibe from this fragrance, which may be objectionable to some noses. Otherwise it is a very well constructed scent and has managed to instill life in the market of aquatics.

Analogy= This fragrance takes my imagination to a small uninhabited island that has a prime vegetation of mandarin and orange trees. With its perplexing beauty, this isolated location attracts a young well built fisherman, the moment he reaches the coast the floating smell of mandarins and oranges draws his attention. This new discovery uplifts his level of satisfaction like never before, he embraces this opportunity and in no time he decides to fill his boat with the fruits. In the later part of the evening he begins his voyage back to his home town on a fully loaded boat. In the middle of the journey he spots storm inspired waters. By now the fisherman knows that this could very well be his longest and roughest night. The battle rages loud and long and the whole night goes along, the fisherman loses his consciousness before the peace return. The rays of the new rising sun awake the fisherman who is fully enveloped with the fresh smell of oranges/ mandarins, saltiness of sea water and deep smell of seaweed. The fisherman finds himself in a coast of an island which has everything divine about it, a fresh and cold breeze is flowing across this island. He plans to explore this island…………….

Gwapito
Gwapito

My very first cologne. Im getting compliments whenever i wear this. It not just bring you to the sea but underneath the ocean where the mermaids live (lol) this is the best aquatic scent ever. So love this! This is a gem that My wardrobe always have.

Migalex
Migalex

Another aquatic like hundreds of others. Considering the infinity of scents there are in Nature, I do not understand why they cannot make anything different. On the top, very weak, with no projection and very poor staying power.

mademoisellejuliette.czix
mademoisellejuliette.czix

smell like the beach :P fresh and cool

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

good one! it smells like the ocean/ocean breeze bottled. Since the beach is my favorite place to unwind, i may of just found thearapy in a bottle lol.

ScottyVizz

Very modern aquatic with sensuous depth to make it more than just a lemon/vetiver "blah". The texture is like a new marble counter top: cold and glass smooth. The orange in the top gives it that touch of sweetness to keep it from going overboard with the heart's salty character. The scent then becomes more of a masculine blueprint in its drydown with the amber, and cedar..interestingly enough, the scent seems to get thicker as it ages on the skin..longevity is an easy 9 hours on mine.

CozyCat
CozyCat

Hubba hubba! This stuff is good! It's quite a masculine scent, but I wouldn't mind stealing spritzes of it for myself either (it's just that good, yum). This is an invigorating aquatic scent with some depth and darkness (atleast compared to alot of the other aquatics out there). Aqva doesn't just take you to the beach, it pulls you right into the ocean's deep blue watery depths. Really, it makes me feel like I'm 20000 leagues under the sea with the merman of my dreams, hehe. It's one of my top favorite scents to smell on my man. This is good for both day and night in summer, for men of all ages (not just younger men) and it's really quite sexy and romantic. Decent sillage and longevity too, you can't go wrong with this one.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A unique aquatic aroma which stays close the skin and may have a split jury but for 2 hours IMHO is a masterpiece fragrance...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -15 mins . Close to skin. I don't get it, weird bland marine scent, strange and not very nice

15 mins - 3 hours. Flickers of what is about to come. I am trying to figure it out... I see now, as the true scent materialises - that this is a masterpiece IMHO - incredibly sexy, alive, marine-manly, modern, young, unique and piercing when you smell the skin, yet it lacks projection with 2 inch projection tops - very occassional wafts more than this which are very subtle, but on the whole this is a skin scent on me, shame

3 - 4 hours. Smokiness pops in on the skin and this becomes more mature and the masterpiece scent now gone, yet still good. 1 inch projection tops

4 hours -7 hours. Close to skin

I will never forget the scent from 15 mins - 3 hours, simply stunning and a marvel

Moonshield
Moonshield

One of my favorite summer scents: Bvlgari Aqva

Openning with spread fresh citric notes. A few minutes later grass notes are insert it.

After that seaweed is coming. It's like, salty mediterranean wind is hit my face at the nighttime... Yea this is summarize everything about this scent.

Amber and woody notes are base of parfume and they make it stable, long-lasting and unique.

This scent is mysterious, somehow dark, even valiant and impressive.

colognecollection
colognecollection

Bvlgari Aqva, this fragrance is beginning to grow on me the more I wear it. Aquatic aroma with your citrus, lavender, and wood. Masculine. It's not the best but it's not bad either. I've had this cologne for about two weeks now. I don't think I'll purchase another but I will still put it on at least once or twice a week for work and on occasion on a night out. Overall give this a 7/10.

rodolfo
rodolfo

This is different from the other aquatics.
I don't smell citrus and this is definitely not a "clean" fragrance.
It smells really dark. Gave me headaches sometimes. It's not really strong...longevity is good but projection was moderate for me.

I sold my bottle. It definitely wasn't for me.

It's somewhat a serious/mature fragrance. Good for office, maybe.
It's very strong if smelled on the top of the skin.

But I remember to have enjoyed wearing this on rainy days...it was the best scenario to wear this, in my experience.

I pick a small similarity to L'eau D'issey. They have a similar vibe, to me. I still prefer Issey's.

I give it a 6/10.

hintay
hintay

i bought this for my bf as a birthday gift,but now many people wear this, so popular , and i dont like this as the first time

nazari753
nazari753

It's unique and a different take on aquatic scents. I love the marine flanker more because it's fresher in summer but I adore both of them. pick this one out if you want to wear it all seasons and marine if you wanna wear it in summer. Longevity is great.
I also like the bottle. I like to hold it in my hand once in a while. I like the color of marine bottle more.

relevos
relevos

I loooooooove this fragrance i smelled it buy i want it!

Labaloo
Labaloo

Does anyone else smell the combo of black pepper/coriander seed/frankincense in the drydown? Reminds me a little of Dirty English and Tommy Bahama Original- but here adds a dark richness to the citric and seaweed notes- quite striking, and one of the best-ever aquatics- love this one!

partha
partha

One of the best aquatics I've ever used though would rate Herrera's AQUA on the higher side but longevity is something the USP in Bvlgari's AQVA PH, have been using AQVA Marine for sometime and somehow the opening of both the two seems to be similar only for couple of minutes.

A great aqua for hot summer days and spring evenings...it's like I'm taking a stroll in a sea shore..seaweed is the most prominent note in here..once it settles down then citrus note appears and lingers till the very last..what adds uniqueness in this masterpiece is a bitter smell...don know really what might be the source of this as the ingredients indicate something diffrnt...but truely a timeless masterpiece specially for those want fresh perfume to linger throughout the day.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

It is similar to D&G Light blue pour homme with the frozen spices mixed with salt water-vibe. I like it, but I prefer Light blue over this. The synthetic-ness in this one is too obvious.

ZELJO
ZELJO

wouldnt buy it, way too anonymous and short lasting for my taste, but isnt a bad scent, with charm, I,d say

Chimp
Chimp

Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme starts out as very nice marine fragrance, the opening scent is mainly composed of a salty seaweed smell with some orange and a great subtle woodsy note underneath it all. On the dry down the great citrusy scent vanishes and we're left with a herbal aquatic woodsy scent in which i happend to notice an unpleasant dirty smelling note that shouldn't be there.

pippab
pippab

I won $500 worth of perfume in a writing competition a while ago and this was one that I chose as a gift for my younger son. It's clean, masculine and very attractive to women. He says it's the fragrance that gets him the most attention from the fairer sex. He's a cop and a boxer - a man's man, and he describes it as a 'chick magnet'. It's not his favourite scent, but women love it, so that's good enough for him.

novi.kumalanew
novi.kumalanew

gave me headche....its just 4 hours

andy
andy

nice aquatic its better than adg and cw and i think it has a very nice edge in its drydown

Quasar
Quasar

To me its like copy of J. Del Pozo QASAR ADVENTURE but Pozo is much more balanced and clean with that unforgetble unique soft floral note.

Denzel
Denzel

very good fragrance, smels like citrus mandarine, fresh woody and sweet fruity. Perfect scent for winter and summer in fact it is a every season fragrance...
I like it very mouch...
recomend it to people who like citrus, fruity fresh and fruity sweet fragrances...

virajrvyas
virajrvyas

This is what the ocean smells like. I think this what Kramer smelt like in that episode of Seinfeld. Its really well, well packed I must, Kudos to the presentation. I have Acqua Di Gio, and I say this a much better made. People try both of them out, I bet you will choose this one over.
I am smelling my hand as I type this and all I can say is the enveloping Seaweed note, is just driving me crazy.
I don't think its wrong if you wear it in the fall too, its a very versatile fragrance, vacation, summer, date night, office. It garners a lot of compliments. 9/10 from me, A guy who once thought Cool Water was the king of aquatics. :P

crazyrabbits
crazyrabbits

There is something very minimalistic and simplistic about Aqua Pour Homme. Whoever designed this had one thing in mind - pure ocean.

When I wear this, I feel like I've been transplanted to Halifax, Nova Scotia (a place I visited many years ago), standing by the harbour and feeling the wind and water culminate in this mist that surrounds. Aqua Pour Homme is an aquatic, and does its job incredibly well. Longevity and sillage are both very good, and the scent lasts and lasts for hours.

I don't think it does anything new or innovative with the genre, but all the elements are transposed in such a seamless way that it's the best in its class.

hunterblu
hunterblu

Could not wash it off fast enough! Must be something with my chemistry, because NO ONE would like this if it smelled on everyone else like it does on me. Within minutes it turned rancid, like rotting meat or garbage can over filled on the 6th day of the week in the middle of summer, in Death Valley. Absolutely disgusting on me! Interestingly enough, Marine smells lovely on me. Go figure...

jasonchickerson
jasonchickerson

Bvlgari Aqva is Acqua di Gio ten years later. That doesn't make it bad, just unoriginal. I find it totally unisex.

Aqva definitely smells marine. It is slightly ozonic, salty and breezy, heavy on the lavender and cedar. I also smell cantaloupe and a distinctly green note I can't identify, like a cross between cucumber, fresh cut grass and bell pepper. Perhaps it's the seaweed?

Whatever it is, that green note is much too present for the first thirty minutes or so, but it does eventually blend and mellow into a nice, abstract aqvatic. Sorry, aquatic. Personally, I'll never get through that first half hour.

If Aqva was just a little more original, it would work well as an Acqua di Gio replacement for someone who likes this type of fragrance but doesn't want to smell like everyone else in the office. As it is, I think most people will mistake it for the Gio anyway. So why bother?

cuti7x
cuti7x

my gf love it
Scent 10
Sillage 9.5
Longevity 9

Ralphfaeill
Ralphfaeill

Nice perfume. Good for daily use for summer.

cezarmac
cezarmac

Se um dia vierem ao Brasil,especialmente ao estado do Rio de Janeiro,não esqueçam seu Aqua,vocês verão que o sentido real da palavra Aqua faz jus à esse perfume.Tirando o cheiro de lavanda,o cheiro é exatamente do mar da região dos lagos,exemplo disso é uma cidade turística chamada Búzios.Basta voce tomar um banho de mar e se secar ao sol que sentirão como se estivesse usando um Aqua,porém,feito pela natureza.
Perfeito para a primavera e o verão,use e abuse.

RodneyLampião
RodneyLampião

First i hated it, i put it on my neck then i went for shower to remove it, at moment that water touched my body a fell in love with this fragrance, now i can't stop using it.

cosmh
cosmh

This perfume is soooooooooooooooooooooo nice. I love it. I recommend to all person,it's so nice. 10/10

dvbdvb
dvbdvb

a truly all day all year fragrance, great blend of everything, longevity is great, definitely a must have for men. currently on 6th bottle of this.

Keddy
Keddy

Living under a hot climate all year round I thought I'll blind buy this and I did. At first spray it stings the nose with a sharp feeling with a burst of melon I guess. My initial thoughts were that it didn't smell THAT great at all in my opinion despite the huge compliments I get from numerous friends even after hours and hours! The scent just changes into something very clean, truly aquatic and masculine!

snismo1
snismo1

عطر رجالي انيق . روعة تحبه الفتيات جدا لم استطع تغييره انا استعمله منذ سنتين لا يشبه العطور الاخرى عطر فخم فخم فخم

cyber861
cyber861

خیلی دوستش دارم.از اون کارهایه ماندگاره.ولی متاسفانه خیلی زیاد شد.پخش بو و ماندگاری خیلی خوبه.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

My opinion is going to be like someone opening a seaweed bag and trashbag in the middle of a ball-party.

Because that's what I get! I love the smell of seaweed, but here this is just something rotten, so pungent, trashbags, fish and wet florals. Revolting almost, like a proper trashbag.

Actually it reminds me exactly of that disgusting flower that I get the aroma of time to time when out and about near green areas.

It baffles me, because I like the marine version quite a bit, I'd rate that a 3/5 easily. That has clean, clear lemony citrus with woods, simple and clean.

Why is this in an aquatic based scent. I get no 'deep blue sea' or marine driftwood or coastal seaweed at all. Booo.

1/5.

Senzadite
Senzadite

An honest take on oceanic fragrances; it really reminds you of the sea...i drive by the coast EVERY day to get to my job...so i get a lot of sea breeze smell, and this is by far the only perfume that recreates that sense of being in front of the ocean with such perfection that really amazes me...i dont know if it is sexy or luxurious, but is congruent with his advertising and that´s hard to find.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

A ladykiller !
#2 in my top 3 favorite guys colognes.
I love it in my boyfriend skin, specially spring and summer time. I find him irresistible, clean, fresh, so masculine and attractive. Can't take my hands out of him.
Thumbs up Bvlgari !

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

aqva bulgary,uso para o calor,dia a dia.parecido com aqua di gio,mas um pouco longe.gio é mais por lado floral e aqva bulgary pro lado amadeirado.a nota de poisidonia da um toque de diferente no perfume,fixa razoavelmente,projeta ate bem para um aquatico,rastro suave,leve e elegante,parece ter um pouco de sal da agua do mar.mas um bom perfume.

manimani
manimani

Perfume that we all have, we all had, we thatonly lovers in Big Blue and of course all the other!If i had to comment, but really do not,Acquq Di Gio Vs Bvlgari Aqva, it would like this:Abd if the older brother,Acqua, is more relaxing, sharper and higler idler,Aqva is deeper and more noble!'cause nobility and a little more difficult, but that is the price we gladly pay!Projection on me crazy, really(if you mean somenthing on my neck A*Men is like little pussy).Really incredible durability of perfume sea Type, altought the me, Acqua is still strong, but this is the Monster!Perfume thats was popular as today 1 Million, or before it Armani Code.Thats is worn by all, but he was so good, that i was not thinking about relationship Love-Hate, thay are probably people had to him, today as the 1 million.So definitely fragrance thats comes in famous Parthenon!

edjuggernaut
edjuggernaut

thumbs up! definitely a buy for me just smelled it today and cant wait to get a spray from this.

rabeer99
rabeer99

Oop!!! The bottle design is Incredible, I love it so much. After I wear it, I don't like. 1 hour ago, It's fresh and adding my energy.

If you need relax fragrance, buy it now.

Aegis
Aegis

One of the greatest Aquatics, dark and clean, classy, sporty and formal, its like Aqua di Gio but richer and more complex, it really smells marine. One of the worlds best in this category.

Scent 10
Sillage 8.5
Longevity 9

Grottola
Grottola

A competent aquatic, but not my favorite by any means.

I admire it for taking the time to go the distance (pepper and seaweed make it actually smell OCEANIC), but it doesn't satisfy me at all. The cucumber note of calone comes into play here.

Bulgari Aqua is a decent aquatic with OK longevity, but it's not something I'd wear. So far, I haven't really found any "true" aquatics that I really enjoy.

candycandy27
candycandy27

I bought this for my boyfriend.
The smell is so good.
Calm, clean, fresh, a perfect fragrant for men. so sexy

overall 4/5

elenian
elenian

my husband own a bvlgari aqua.I bought it to him as a gift.Oh my god! What a smell!!! It's so fresh, out of the shower scent.I like men who smell soooo gooood and aqua do its job!It's not too heavy(i hate heavy parfums on men) and i feel like falling in love with him again and again! Absolutely fabulous! Highly recommend!

oxm
oxm

Hello, today I would like to talk about Bvlgari Aqva pour homme, this is a fresh and aquatic fragrance with notes of citrus initial (a little juice) in the heart of Posidonia (aquatic plant), lavender and cotton flower, the latter have seen several times at work amid the bales of cotton but did not smell at all (sorry this parenthesis) the bottom is warm and softly approaches aromatic.The fragrance comes in Acqua Di Gio pour homme Armani or Blue Label by Givenchy.
Fresh, mineral, sparkling, fantasy, singing, innocent and energizing:
This is Aqva......
The bottle is a precious liquid containing a pebble polished glass behind a dark green as the depths of the abyss.
mythical

AnyaV
AnyaV

I got this for my brother and stole it back! Well, he doesn't wear it anyways but I love it on myself. The citrusy top note is not pleasant and thankfully it fades away very fast. But the scent dries down to a very earthy-aquatic scent which I love and can't get over with. I remember how I'd sniff myself 20 times in an hour when I first tried this perfume.

I can picture a man wearing it to chill-out by the beach side after a fun day diving or swimming. An easy-going and charming man who is, at the same time, mysterious and dark.

I'm surprised that many people complain about the longevity. Somehow it'd easily last 10-12 hours on me.

apostle
apostle

This is my go-to fragrance during the summer...although it shouldn't be limited to just summer...this is just a good fragrance that will not disappoint.

janotte
janotte

The first thing that hit me when I inhaled the opening was raw fish. But I have learned to wait for the initial blast to disappear then u smell again. As Bvl Aqua settles down, the notes are cool and delightful. I dont get any similar scent to L'eau de Issey Miyake. Issey is abrasive, Bvl Aqua is gentle and calming. I do detect similarities between Azzaro Chrome Sport and BVL Aqva. Chrome sport is aggressive. Bvl Aqva is genteel.

I love Bvl Notte, Bvl Aqua. Bvl Man is ok. But I doubt I will own that one. Looking forward to Bvl Aqva Toniq

jackcar7
jackcar7

i love this smell its truly very aquatic.

catfishy
catfishy

Amazing !!! It has power ,but is gentle .It has sillage and last a long time ! A masterpiece :)

K1
K1

I used to wear it as my signature 3 years ago, in any occasion and any weather.
Not bad, for young tastes it sets perfectly. It's a great citric aquatic item, opens with chilly mid-riped citruses and some herbal aromatic undertones which continue to the middle and dry down.
Dries out better than notes mentioned in the base. I mean I expected more remarkable base notes. Cool!
The very example of a comfortable everyday perfume which supports you in any occasion and position.
Fancy flacon but unfortunately it becomes too widespread and everyone tried!
It's too good for those who want start being addicted to perfume. Can be the first step! Too modern but has a clue in classics specially 80's; only in dry down.

longevity 8/10
sillage 8/10
scent 6/10

Chris72
Chris72

Hey guys, this is a ladykiller!! You don't have to fish for compliments when ur wearing this beauty. You will pay the hefty price tag for it (purchased mine @ Macy's paid $85), but know that you are getting the real deal, in other words something that will defenitley get you noticed with the ladies....Don't kno y some don't like it? O well...different strokes for different folks I guess ;)

ososigma16
ososigma16

Fresh, but not that fresh that many used to smell, definitively a "Try Before Buy", I could use it casually, not everyday or even weekly, I think once every fifteen days, so is not worth to get a bottle, I'm neutral on this, I like it but not my favorite.
I could live easily without it.

MmM
MmM

Love this smell! very aquatic.

babybash44
babybash44

Don't judge a book by its cover, or its first chapter. When I saw pictures of this fragrance, I nearly bought it. I love aquatic fragrances, and oh what a cool bottle! However when I went to the store and sprayed some on, I was disturbed at how dirty it smelled on me. More like a lake than an ocean. I immediately was opinionated against it, but later that night I got a whiff of my arm and I realized it is much more mild after the top notes. I think the commercial for it is perfect, with the man diving off the cliff into the water in some Mediterranean setting. This kind of aqua is not tropical or white sanded, it is like a cool rock beach's water. It is more mature than Acqua di Gio, as far as an aquatic comparison goes. But definitely try this one out before you buy (as is with all colognes).

scribs
scribs

i was very excited to get this cologne and once i bought it i was 50% pleased and 50% unnerved... it is a powerful fragrance, projects well and smells good, but the smell itself is sooooo unique that it limits the cologne and makes it hard to wear anywhere that isn't the beach or somewhere hot the dry-down is what kinda got me, it smells so salty when it dries that it kinda turned me off to using it as much as my other colognes, all and all it is a good fragrance but u need to be ballsy to wear it or be in the appropriate setting id give it a 7oo10

pixeldiary
pixeldiary

Fresh & long Last.. I used, but not my fav..

Seraph
Seraph

For the first time on the skin, the smell is very strong and heavy. After a short time, it change into pleasant and fresh aroma. In my opinion this perfume is for summer time.

fifaatm
fifaatm

my husband has this, and the top notes smell quite pleasant, citrus aquatic fresh, and the dry down was really masculine.
but sometimes on other person's skin, it turns into a very unpleasant smell that almost made me puke when he's in the same room :/

so perhaps, best try it on your skin first, don't blind buy this eventhough million ppl wearing this.

Raptole
Raptole

I will make it short and simple for you!
This is not the kind of cologne you want to get for your boyfriend/husband. But if you want them to stink like a wet (not showered cat) this is what you should get them.
This is extremely expensive for what it actually gives you.
Smells like tonic water to me on my skin and last for less than 45 minutes.
Lacs of longevity and silage. Does not smell like anything special, I don't know why people like it so much and it is still around. A complete waste of money!
I would prefer an old man's cologne than this, seriously. Very Very bad!

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I let this one dry down on the card from Macy’s and my first thought is Farenheit refined! I do have to say that it keeps its volume cranked up as far as silage goes for quite a while. The only problem is that it’s a little Downy/Bounce silage like to me. I don’t think that this is a signature fragrance but I do like it. Would I buy, uh… it would have to replace something in my collection that I try to keep limited to no more than 5 at a time. With that being said, I will probably not shell out any cash for it.

All in all, its nice but a little on the wear it a few times and forget about it side. Do I like it? Yes… is it for me? Jury’s still out.

Rob Frost
Rob Frost

I was looking around for a nice fresh aquatic summer scent (both here and in the perfumery) and found Aqva to be a worthy contender (although it isn't particularly fresh), so I bought a bottle today. The following is kind of an initial impression.

After spraying Aqva onto my left wrist twice, it reminded me a lot of Issey Miyake's L'Eau d'Issey. I hence sprayed the latter twice on my right wrist so that I could compare the two scents directly.

Aqva's opening is similarly clean, but notably less citric. I found it to be of lesser intensity, so it's almost L'Eau d'Issey minus half of its citric content. This, in turn, means that Aqva is lean, watery, mildly spicy. I'd reckon that this explains the high number of "likes": in the beginning, there's neither much in this scent one could dislike, nor much with which one could instantly fall in love, but what is there is agreeable, even enjoyable.

After two hours of garden work, however, I can barely detect L'Eau d'Issey on my right arm, while my left arm smells faintly, but deliciously spicy. I agree with someone below who wrote that while Aqva's opening doesn't blow you away, the scent develops nicely.

After only one day of wearing Aqva, I must say I'm a bit undecided whether I really need this scent. Or better, whether I need both Aqva and L'Eau d'Issey. I'd be hard pressed at the moment, though, if I had to choose between the two. (I'll update this assessment if and when necessary.)

Update:
According to my understanding, Aqva is indeed a light and fleeting scent. 90 minutes after applying two sprays onto my wrist, I can smell it only within two inches from my skin. I can detect these faint remains for a couple more hours, though, so there's a little consolation. All in all, neither sillage nor longevity are great – which might be an inherent drawback in a summer scent and especially one that's meant to remind you of water.

Another Update:
I haven't worn Aqva in a while. When I applied it today, I loved it. It's not a particularly fresh scent, but beautifully aquatic, oceanic, almost slightly salty.

Yet another update:
I found out that when I spray it on my shirt (instead of on my wrist), Aqva's longevity is okay.

Papi
Papi

Sea shells sea shells by the sea shore...

Yeah, this beats classic Davidoff's Cool Water and other pseudo "aquatic" smells.

mjknightrider
mjknightrider

very fresh. last long 6-7 hours.

Pianopolice

Very familar for everybody bacause 1-a lot of men wear it and 2-because it smells like cucumber, and at the same time many people say it smells like ocean. It gives a comfortable feeling, and makes you calm. Doesn't smell very well close to skin, it smells kind of like petrolium oil, but what people can get is amazing, awesome and wonderful. It has nothing like a chemical smell with a distance. you can spray about five or six times and have it on your skin for a long time(on my skin about 5 hours, on the others must stay about 8). I ordered from fragrancenet.com, and i have not figured out if it's fake or not, but even of it's fake it smells almost totally like the original version.

teteuzinhu
teteuzinhu

too much "water" for me (minerals and citric).. the fragrance is so so. 6/10.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Well well well! Here's another hero that reminds me of a Chanel Antaeus review: It takes cojones to wear this.

Cojones meaning, this isn't a womens fragrance. One is almost obliged to have manhood and testosterone production and dark, sweaty breast curls to be entitled to wear this.
Does 70's Sean Connery ring a bell?

Missing all of the above mentioned requirements was probably the reason why my Bvlgari Aqva experiment was as inept as if Justin Bieber had tried to wear this: You have to be a Man to complete this aquatic mischief-maker.

Add some warmth, sun and sweat, and voilá!

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Aqua Pour Homme...Staight up about what it is, a nice aquatic fresh scent with that melon (calone) beginning. Just a very nice pedestrian pleasant all around scent. I would much rather stay nice and quiet and safe and boring, than walk around all day with whale puke and squirrel turd on, because some elitist said it smelled like caviar smeared on supple russian leather. Some of these fragrances just smell bad, but because some actually find refuge in being a fragrance snob, I'm convinced they find ways to try to make what most people recognize as good as boring, and call semi bad or just plain bad scents, intriguing. "Yes, that smells like New Orleans on a misty night just after a heavy rain," they will say (which by the way, smells like a flooded sewer...no offense to New Orleans).
In the end, each person has a different sense of smell, but I do believe, at least culturally and possibly even genetically, we recognize what smells "good" to us instinctively. It is our experiences with different smells that will shape our current reactions to them. Bulgari's Aqua Pour Homme smells good, unless you were waterboarded with watermelon, in which case it will strike pure terror in you.

cuncon888
cuncon888

hey, i think this perfume really good. At the 1st time i wore it, i was so disappointed but later i got so many compliments that the perfume was so lovely. Yes, i do love the heart note, and i wonder how great this perfume is if bvl set the heart note as the base note. However, i love this, so pleasant, it sticks to my skin 8 hours during my work. Its true, my colleagues can still smell it from me at the end of the shift.

denaldy
denaldy

9/10 for tropical country!!

cosminsolomon
cosminsolomon

it is very similiar to the little brother.... the marine one..... but... this is a little bit stronger and it's not such as salty like the other one

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

This used to be my signature scent. This might probably be the darkest aquatic out there. It's not fresh so do use it carefully as not to make it turn sour/salty on you. This one is perfect for summer nights!

Lost Argonaut
Lost Argonaut

Got a small bottle for working out at the gym - it's indeed aquatic and fresh yet maintains a dark smoky and sexy background. However, I found it little boring.

zecheiroso

Top ****
Heart *****
Base ****
Final score ****

It's got the reputation of being the most complex designer aquatic. At first I thought "meh" but I do reach for it often, and people love it.
Now it became one of the "ours" scents, if you catch my drift...

The good
Not amazing sniffed from close up but yummy at a distance, that aquatic heart accord is great.
Lovely petit grain, the citrusy notes blend very well with the rest too.
The calone might cloy some people but it does reminds me of juicy melon.
Quite a refreshing breeze in summertime and yet more of a deep bay rather than a touristic beach.

The bad
A certain synthetic character is noticeable.
Nothing to write home about in durability.
Unlike other reviewers, I don't get any of those olfactive voyages on the ocean, on wild beaches, the seaside forests, the storms blahblah... but maybe I'm just too picky.
Limited sillage.

The ugly
Longevity and sillage combo could be better but that's expected for this olfactive family.
It does smell similar to many others for the untrained nose but at least the quality is noticeably better.

I wouldn't buy it again, but now it's one of the "must haves" for sentimental reasons.

searl
searl

i get new one today i used it last year then i used a&f fierce and gucci pour homme but i should say this one is amazing ...it smells oxygen and you feel you are swimming in an island sea

vinnibes
vinnibes

Sooo yummy! I get a lot of compliments with this one. It's fresh, but it's also very dark and "dusty". Not boring, works great at night.

Bastian-Fleming
Bastian-Fleming

I just know why this perfume is the most perfume everyone like.,

the dark citrus in the opening is very refreshing.,when i smell deep, there are some of bitter taste on it and it make me feel sexy.,
the longevity is good about 8 hour

My score : 9/10

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

I know seductive and aquatic dont go together but this gem manages just that! The earthy patchouli works beautifully with the salty notes. CAUTION: Extremely Sexy.

igork
igork

I still can't figured out what people see in this, its a sharp aquatic scent, I don't feel it, for me its something hard to smell it like acid, just not my type of scent.

Smell: 4/10
Silage: 7/10
Longevity: 8 hours

I am attempting to write this review without being biased. My boyfriend wears this on a daily basis, so it's become less of a perfume for me, and more the smell that reminds me of him.

I will begin by saying that when I first smelt Bvlgari Aqva, I was a little underwhelmed. I'm not a huge fan of anything aquatic, even though I do enjoy its freshness on a man's skin. However, in the case of Bvlgari Aqva, I began to fall in love with its salty sea water note and its rich, earthy patchouli which lingers underneath the juicy orange.

I'm actually not surprised to read that there are many women that wear this also. It's masculine, but not strictly so. I find it a fragrance along the lines of Cool Water, Acqua di Gio and CK One, but perhaps a touch spicier.

My boyfriend wears this all year round, which is sometimes strange because I think it suits Summer weather a hell of a lot better. He also owns Gucci's Envy for Men (a gift I gave him) and CK's Eternity for Women, however Bvlgari Aqva is what he chooses above anything else.

On any other man, this fragrance would not turn me on, but on my boyfriend's skin, the combination is extremely sexy. It gives off this clean, 'fresh out of the shower' type aura that I really adore.

Bvlgari Aqva is a touch woodsy in the drydown, sharp almost. The rich amber only re-instates its masculine qualities. In some ways I'd call this a fierce aquatic, there is nothing subdued or soothing about it.

The longevity is great, especially on my boyfriend's skin which tends to soak up a lot of scents. Bvlgari Aqva is right up there as one of my favourite fragrances for men.

SAMaura
SAMaura

I normally steer clear of aquatic scents. A friend of mine who happened to smoke also wore aqua di gio all the time. Smoke + Aqua scent = disgusting.

However, I sampled AQVA a while back, and this one I like. It just has such of a masculine feel to it, from the sillage (which is darn good on my skin), to the scent itself. Orange is very refreshing during the opening, but the patchouli and cedar is right there in your face also. You will smell this fragrance on the clothes days later.

The drydown... I like to think of the drydown as more of an awakening. This is where AQVA can lose some fans. About 30 minutes after application, I normally get slammed by a pure deep water, salty, aquatic smorgasbord. This was so unexpected, grimy is the word that always comes to my mind when I think of the scent transitioning this way. But hey, grimy is not always a negative, and it is definitely not a bad thing here. This is a man's scent all the way. 4 - 6 hours later, this deep sea smell remains, yet is more faint.

My only complaint with AQVA is that when applied, I have gotten some minor irritation on my skin. Maybe because the sprayer on this bottle (the bottle is very nice by the way) lets out quite a bit of fragrance. This is just a very minor complaint.

This scent is suitable for casual or office wear. I wear a shirt and tie to work and 2 sprays normally gets me multiple compliments (1 to the upper chest/neck, 1 on the either wrist and rub together with other wrist)

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

A New definition of Casual Elegance By Jacques Cavallier.However AQUA PH MARINE is My Favorite but This one is Simply Beautiful Too. A Real Refreshing.It has a Nice Subtle Scent.A staple in any Good collection of fragrances.

Pleasurable,Clean,Aromatic,Energetic, Popular,Crisp and Full of Life. Aquatic fragrance that is a transparent blend of Mandarin and Orange as is so Appealing to the nose.This Smells an Invigorating blast of fresh Air for the Man who lives life to the fullest.

This Masculine Scent is A perfect touch that goes well on that day when you have a heightened Sense of clarity.It is Ideal for an Active man. Great for Casual and Carefree Summer days.Not the kind that gives you a headache and Everyone can wear it.The price is very reasonable Too.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?Average on my skin.

Dad jax
Dad jax

Well i have a serious request from Jacques Cavallier and his team 'PLEASE PLEASE INCREASE THE LONGEVITY AND PROJECTION OF THIS ONE' i still love this and is the best scent of summers, Girls are way CRAZY about this but i need to reapply after every 3 hours, cus of low projection & longevity & fr the sake of girls.......now every summers i need 2 new bottles cus of this problem !!!!! BUT I LOVE IT any ways ..

andrevarx
andrevarx

A fragrance with notes pleasant, very aquatic, make sketch as water in a lagoon surrounded by vegetation. It gives a very pleasant sensation, relaxing, water and wood notes toward a balanced like a cool breeze of a lagoon.

It has elegant projection can be used in formal meetings, romantic use is a very fine flavor, better use it for the day and warm weather. Highly recommended.

j_sen32
j_sen32

This one smell very great and refreshing. It will give you confident and calmness of deep ocean.

Have a very good projection and long lasting too. Make this one very good to use in warm weather.

The design of the bottle makes me feel it is filled with precious ocean water. Great aquatic fragrance!

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Compared to the Marine version, this smells very green and mature. Could be Aqua Polo. High quality nonetheless. Good for work or a formal setting, fancy restaurant, etc.

darvish
darvish

خوب. غیررسمی. مدرن. نسبتا خنک و نسبتا ترش
برای شروع بد نیست
به مراتب بهتر از آکوا مارین است

The third member of the male aquatic triumverate, the others being (of course) AdG and CW. AdG is my favorite (for reasons in my review) and even though I really like CW I enjoy this more. I first smelled this in one of the early issues of GQ I received. Damn...I thought, thats awesome!!

It begins as you dive into a refreshing blend of mandarin orange and petit grain. This brings together two sides of citus: the refreshing juicy flesh of the fruit itself and the fresh green leaves of the tree that bore it. It has an aquatic feel but not an excess of "calone". To me this is as refreshing as hitting the water on a hot summers day. As the heart evolves we go deeper into the waves and get brushed by posidonia (an oxygen exuding sea grass, as it washes on the beach it adds a green, salty, ozonic scent that creates a slightly fishy ambiance to the seashore) and its soft whoosh of briny green while simultaneously experiencing santolina (Italian for holy wood) which is roughly equivalent to lavender water. After getting used to the pressure and feel of the water we dive ever deeper to be greeted by a superb amber tinged with a slightly metallic feel and a true buried treasure...sage. While this is usually found higher in the scent pyramid here its dry green sweetness adds to the watery feel without being the pungent green most of us remember or cook with. This is the sea tinted smell the ocean leaves on us after we dry and its deep sweetness will bring us back again and again...

Two years after this Bvlgari released ApH Marine, similar but different, lighter and fresher, which to me is FRESH water. The original AQVA is deep saltwater not necessarily tropical or sunny. ApH reminds us that the sea can be a dark place full of wonder and mysteries and how a thunderstorm can be as exciting as a sunny bright day, maybe more so...

Sillage: subtle, above average
Longevity: could be better
Overall: 4.5/5

Jacques Cavallier the nose behind this wonder outdid himself by taking the strong dark elements of CW and combining them with the freshness of Adg and made what could very well be one of the best masculine aquatics of all time without any of the frills and flowers in either of its predecessors. This is a barebones construction that feels so much more than what's in it and oh so much deeper. Still waters run VERY deep...

EDIT: On my most recent wearing of this scent I noticed something peppery in the drydown that adds to the scent without disturbing its aquatic nature, perhaps the sage and amber produce this. Just another example of how simple notes rearranged can bring unexpected surprises. This one is a real treasure, its how imagine a merman would smell if I ever met one...

ehsanarchi60
ehsanarchi60

it is better or L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo or GIO OR ARMANI CODE? which is better or summer?

moore_or_less
moore_or_less

Agreed with fingerlicker's review. Pretty good aquatic especially if the money is right ... look for a deal on this, you will find it. You could do much worse in terms of an aquatic. This is easy to wear and certainly is not offputting. I do not get any of the "mystery" some of the reviews mention. It's straightforward about what it is: a nicely done marine frag.

WJ55Hombre
WJ55Hombre

if you r really confused about what you have to get in some hot day..this berfume will say "shut up..stop trying and buy me" !!!

Jax1999
Jax1999

The Best Perfume i ve ever come across!
Girls simply love it!
am wearing day and night..

noselift
noselift

i'm wearing this everyday and it feels good!! great scent.. woman just love the scent..

i have aqua by herrera and aqua by bulgari, bulgari aqua is better and i think its the best aqua out there. i'll check acqua di gio if its good..

Scentsation
Scentsation

The smell is just divine...it can't get any better than this! Not harsh or overpowering...none of that powdery smelling nonsense. It's crisp, clean and sexy...

Lance
Lance

I always compare this to Gio, they're all aquatic and both are my favourites.
I like Gio a little bit more about the scent, but I adore the concept of this bottle.
This is more salty and natural while Gio is a little sweeter.
I think if you love one of them, you MUST get the other!

fingerlicker
fingerlicker

Very classy and pleasant aquatic. You cannot go wrong with it! Lasting power is 14-16 hours on me, above average sillage.

5/5 from me

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

It is very aquatic,fresh, and somewhat piney-woodsey smell, with a bit of a smoke on a drydown. In a middle, you can fell some "cucumber-orange" interaction, and most important it is not annoying, very rememberable,and sophisticated. It is for young men, who knows what they want in life, and who still remain a little boys in heart.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Love the scent! I was looking for a fresh perfume for my dad on Valentine's day, Aqva! I could imagine myself strolling down the beach on a warm night. Upon approaching the warm beach shores near a large boulder I see a dark haired-eyed boy (late teen). I approach the water and find him swimming with a mermaid's tail as he flashes a charming smile.

behzad1280
behzad1280

It’s not exactly an aquatic scent, and if it is, so it's a dark aquatic! Maybe you can wear it even in winter or fall!

I like it, but got negative comments on it whenever I wore!
Longevity is good but sillage is weak.

Test it and try living with it, before you buy it!

قرار بوده این یه ادکلن خنک واسه تابستون باشه
اما اونقدرها هم خنک نیست
بوی خوبی داره اما نمیدونم چرا هر وقت میزنم اطرافیانم زیاد خوششون نمیاد
دوام متوسط و پخش بوی خوبی داره

guest_Art
guest_Art

Not good,but not too bad. I prefer in marine becuase it fresher really aquatic and original smell like the swiming pool in my country.......Arrr

Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive Dissonance

Come to the dark side!
I imagine this fragrance to be the choice of the evil super villain who feels the need for an aquatic on a summer day.
It has a certain mysterious darkness to it that most aquatics don’t have. It suits the bad guy (well maybe batman could wear it, but not Clark Kent, he is more of a Clinique Happy type guy).

I agree with the reviews about Bvlgari Aqva being ocean type scent, I definitely get that vibe. However, it reminds me more of a thunderstorm on the beach than a nice sunny day.

Longevity and projection are both good.
I can tell this is a well made fragrance. I really love this and recommend it for anyone who wants a change from the regular aquatics.

guest_Vinni
guest_Vinni

As my girlfriend said, "It's divine!". It's a very well made aquatic fragrance, not boring, really captures attention without being too overpowering.

guest_abna
guest_abna

i am impressed with the all nice comments, which one should I buy, Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray ORRRR BVLGARI AQVA pour Homme 'Marine' ,

sawyer82
sawyer82

Actually, this is my signature scent.

The top notes wasn't impressed me, but the drydown is excellent.

IMO, this is the best "Deep Oceanic Water" interpretation.

Moderate lasting and sillage on my skin. On clothes lasts forever.

sashenka
sashenka

This smells like...urine at first. Living in NYC, at first I was not at all put off by the smell, but was horrified when I realized it was coming from my wrist. If you are as forgiving a person as I am and give it a second chance, though, it develops into something very nice and unique. Very true to the "sea" theme - like saltwater dried on the skin, with the heat of the sun and dry seaweed. Maybe not worth it to everyone to get over that shocking opening, but I learned to like it.

sunnysniffs
sunnysniffs

as the name suggests..
Aqva reminds me of a sea green water...
really fresh n cool...
A lot spicier... good for summers casual daily wear...
i liked the pebble shaped bottle...
am just loving everything about it !
A really good deal !
Go for it !

motojo2002
motojo2002

as My friend AalaAM mentioned below, he gave it to me in my bday yesterday and it was soooo amaazing! AalaAM knew about my list of favorite perfumes that I wanted to get, John Varvatos Vintage, Bvlgari Soir, Magnetism and Bvlgari Aqva.. and he knows that I only like woody notes but Aqva is the best choice to be distinguished and loved by all woody and aquatic lovers! bottom line, it's the best perfume to be well-accepted by all of your surroundings! the longevity is amazing, 7-8 hrs or even more! I slept yesterday putting my hand on my nose to keep smeeling all night long! and guess what?! I had soo beautiful dreams!! :-)
My best friend AalaAM, thanks soo much for this perfect gift! :-)

guest_dickisan
guest_dickisan

having tried aqua di gio and aqva pour homme ... aqva is a much better creation, imo. the scent is quite similar in term of aquatic kind of crap but aqva present much more complexity. The smell of salt is there, seaweeed included, dirtiness, yet very fresh and clean. aqva is so distinctive that spraying both on themself by a test subject, you can detect the huge difference between the two smell, adg and aqva. the downside is the similar smells often mistake others of the common adg and that's just bahh-hadd--adddd~ .... It's a great companion of you travel to a warmer climate like hawaii or caribbean or southeast asias then it's your top choice, other aquatic smells like citrus doesn't seem to last in the humid countries.

AalaAM
AalaAM

I mainly love whatever Bvlgari does, Bvlgari colognes are so unique.
I just got this for my best friend as a birthday gift and I really hope it will last forever, though I did not like Bvlgari Aqua Marine, I don't think it will ever compete with this one.

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

Bought marine then just got aqva ..I kinda get lots of compliments for wearing marine..while I didn't like the dry down so much..however, for aqva! I love it myself..hope it will get compliment too :)

Chris2448
Chris2448

basically a spicy aquatic. if u like fresh and spicy, and light fragrances last on ur skin, this is a good choice

taydev
taydev

this captures the smell of the sea very well. fish and seaweed is the main scent i smell so it was not that great to me upon the first spritz. i didnt wait for the drydown so i cant judge it as a whole.

bwcw81
bwcw81

I have been looking around for the review and comparison for the original Aqva and Marine version.

I tried both and I can say that the Original Aqva works better for me, the opening is crisp and fresh, then very fast turned to a very intensify aromatic smell (very nice mature macho scent), it does bring out the deep blue water feel for me. Feel so peace for that moment.

For marine, somehow I smell a bit "fishy" after the first note - fresh passed, I turned out feeling headache and it remind me the wet market and fish market.

Aqva last more than 4 hours and it has more depth and aromatic smell, but Marine last only less than 1 hour (very watery) on my skin.

For me, original Aqva is much better as the smell is more intensify, unique and more depth than the Marine. 9.5/10 from me!

guest_Monty
guest_Monty

I love this scent I just bought Aqua LAst Night and Tried it... After Few Hours i Can still smell it... i love it! Best Buy!

LaPD
LaPD

I went to Ogilvy today to buy a gift for a friend and decided to try out some fragrances since I was passing by the fragrance counters anyhow.

The lady told me to try this. I though it was odd... a wwater fragrance at this time of year?

I tried it on. It was very refreshing... but not as water as I thought it was going to be. It was quite woody. I couldn't smell any of the citrus though.

It was quite pleasant. It reminds me of morning dew at a cottage while being lakeside.

It's definetly a spring and obviously a summer scent. I won't buy it... it's pointless since it's september now... maybe in June ...

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

I bought this for my boyfriend thinking it was something he had and liked before but it wasn't, he had the regular Bvlgari, and I mistakenly got the Aqva. I like the fragrance, I think it smells okay, albeit common. I love summer fragrances. Apparently he doesn't like it cuz he keeps it stashed in the glove compartment of his car, but he'll pick up and spray his Antonio Banderas Blue Seduction regularly. To me they smell pretty similar. Should've saved my money on this one.

periquito89
periquito89

For me a seaweed left on the beach looks an initial note of this scent ... If I keep smelling next to the skin and having that thinking for sure I will not enjoy this scent. But it's getting better during its evolution, until becomes a little fruity next to the end. Good for summer days, here I agree with "leomat2008" about the scent reminds a pool. Sun, pool, beach, a shower during a sunny (and hot) afternoon on saturday or sunday ... these things fits with this scent. It is not overwhelming and does not give me a headache, but maybe because I live in a very hot city and need this kind of scents, even if I´m not a big fan of it. For me works better than Bvlgari Aqva Marine.

guest_mexico39
guest_mexico39

este perfume para mi es lo mejor que tiro al mercado bulgari tiene un olor muy fino y elegante como para salidas nocturnas huele muy bien lo e comprado 4 veces.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

very wearable.great for the summer days & cool nights,like were having right now july 27,2009

Robert White
Robert White

I hate sports. ALL sports. Even sports FRAGRANCES. Well, slap my ass and call me Debbie, because this arrived on my doorstep after winning Free Perfume Friday and it's a sports fragrance I actually like. It's as if somebody invented a sport where the winners got to violate the losers. Hey, I'd watch that. I know, I'm the scum of the earth. It's good to be able to say something nice for a change. Even though it's more fum to say something nasty. This is a citrus/spicy/woody by the seashore thing. Why do people call this stuff aquatic? Nothing about these scents smells like the sea. Oh, yes, because they are all trying to reformulate Cool Water, I forgot. This is one of those, and a very good job, too. No real surprises, but it has a certain something that raises it above the noxious rivers of pimp fluid peddled as sports fragrance. My tastes run more towards the calssic European in masculines; you know, Eau Sauvage, Gueulain's Cologne Imperial, Habit Rouge, or the bizarre,like Yatagan. But I like this one, even though I probably won't wear it much. Go easy on it, guys, it's strong, and one bottle should last so long that it will have nostalgic irony value when it's only half gone. Snazzy bottle, too, as you might expect from a high-end jeweler - a heavy, deep blue-green and chrome hemisphere that fits niceley into the hand, ideal for inflicting serious head injuries. So if you get it as a present and hate it, you can express your displeasure by using it to brain somebody. What's not to like?

ScottyVizz

an incredibly unique aquatic scent that makes you feel as if you're near the salty waves :)
This is signature summer scent
Dont get AdG, get this!

surya vai
surya vai

me again, but already a member now ;)

smells great on me. last long 6-8 hours. on my fifth bottle now :)

@dancam86: aqva smells different compare to polo blue. the closest one has to be Acqua di Gio, but Adg don't have the bitter-spicy note in Aqva :)

nicholassua
nicholassua

identical to Acqua Di Giò, especially in the base note
besides, cannot distinguish this scent with SalvatoreFerragamo Subtil >< what a twins :D

lillybee
lillybee

To guest_ : Your review is a product description for the fragrance appearing everywhere on the net. Here we discuss personal opinion and our own experience we have wearing the scent.

thgolfer
thgolfer

Bvlgari Aqva is an absolutely incredible fragrance. It is extremely complex, and changes many times as it develops. Each different scent is very good (some more than others). I'm not crazy about the opening 5-10 minutes. Not bad, just not great. But on me after about 1-2 hours it's probably the best fragrance I have worn. It probably does capture the essence of the ocean more than any fragrance I have smelled. You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't at least give this one a try.

guest_lincegsxr
guest_lincegsxr

muy buen perfume... ni verano ni de invierno..... ni para todos los dias ni para ocasiones especiales...

El unico problema que tiene es que existe AQUA MARINE....

asfa
asfa

sexy and frech the best perfume for mr cavallier and firmenich.all mans mast have in collection

valdano
valdano

This is the BEST, yet Overwhelmed scent...
But it seems like everyone Have it...so it doesn't exclusive anyway!

Overall, i love this fragrance!

vincent
vincent

Other than Kenzo PH, this is the most authentic smelling marine fragrace on the market in this price category. If you like very oceanic, bitter, authentic marines, get it. If not, aviod it.

Eros
Eros

This perfume acts differently from usual way: after applying it smells like mix of Givenchy "Pour Homme" (brown) and Rochas "Aquaman". BUT after 30 minutes - 1 Hour... boys, it smells very differently! The wave of scents is coming! It has a lot of really "salty" nuanses. While having a wide spectum of them, it is NOT "pushy", it is well-balanced. No "sugar", no "menthol". First impression "good, but not strong", but re-thinking, my conclusion is "strong enough" - if has been made stronger, it can kill the carrier and his woman by an OCEAN of small salty spicy belling nuanses. It sounds like very expensive one, "exclusive, but pretending easy and simple, self-limiting internal force".
There is very interesting thing I can not explain: your hear the scent on yourself PIANO. You can better smell the scent stepping aside one meter and returning back.
While "aquatic" it is *not* for relaxation. It is too complex to relax the owner.
It is not a weapon "to make long tails among surrounding women". It is a HUGE weapon *on short range*. If you use it on dating, probably the girl will be slightly shocked by the wave of scents, ocassionally taking a seat closer to you - but may be THIS WAS the target, while creating this one, ha-ha?
=======================================
... after two weeks of using it: my wife adores it, *BUT* even small overdosing is boring, definitely killing me, I got headache. This chemistry is not for me. I am sad.
=============================
..... after another week: I spray it to my hair only, not to skin, and it is Ok. I wear it. It is simply too strong for me.
=======================
.... after yet another week: no, no, it is too strong for me. Even slight overdose is boring me.

OdeKlotyo
OdeKlotyo

It's the best men's aquatic fragrance that I know of. Superficial similarities aside, it beats Armani's Acqua di Gio PH hands down with its ocean deep salty ambery orangey cloak of scent that it pulls around the wearer. AND it's cheaper. Superb fresh, natural, sporty yet elegant scent, with a superb sillage and lasting power to boot.
Seems to be hugely successful in my country - and well-deservedly. That fact doesn't, however, detract any from its virtues. I myself have been through a 50 ml bottle and now am on another.
I won't be searching for another aquatic for a long time now. Thumbs up!

dasa
dasa

For spring and summer only. Very refreshing and masculine. And simple, as most aquatic scents. 8/10

Very nice masculine aquatic, but nothing new. Water and woods. Still, I like men to smell like this. It's a wonderful brisk combination.

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

when my boyfriend wore this one this summer, it was smelling like spring time freezias next to a lovely beach,,, i could not stop smelling him, so did other women around,, he was a little embarassed,, but veeery proud..! You should try it, on men with very fair skin and very dark hair,, everytime i smelled it on blonds was a bit of nothing..

manutdforever
manutdforever

This is definitely one of the best aquatic fragrances out there. I know that many people love comparing this fragrance with its Armani counterpart Acqua Di Gio, but in my opinion I do not think comparisons should be drawn. Aqva De Bvlgari is on its own a very unique scent. The scent really brings you on one amazing journey.

The opening notes awaken your senses and transport you to the seaside early in the morning before sunrise. You're walking along the empty beach alone as you invite the salty-sweet whiff of seaweed to subtly drift into your nostrils. It's the start of the day and you welcome the refreshing smell of citrus as it awakens you. The sun isn't out yet and you still want that little bit of time to yourself. Just you, and the sea.

Soon daylight breaks and you start to feel more adventurous. You venture out towards the sea water as the middle notes transition into something slightly more extroverted, but all the time still sleek and subtle. The salty breeze from the sea continues to fill your senses, but this time the very characteristic smell of aquatic plants moves closer to you as you embrace the waters.

You're now in the midst of the ocean, amongst the waves, the breeze, the life in the waters. As you start making your way back to shore, the base notes start to emerge. You've now moved away from the sea, but nonetheless the unforgettable and unmistakable scent of the sea lingers in your memory, omnipresent but subtle, content to remain in the background. The masculine woody notes start to come into the picture, reminding you that you're back on land, but still close to sea.

You loved the little journey you've just had, and you reach for that sleek, ocean pebble-shaped bottle again. A couple of sprays transport you all the way back to the beginning of your journey again ...

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Very natural. I can actually smell the salt air of the sea in this...mmm...better than Acqua di Gio.

Smelldragon
Smelldragon

I'm already on my second bottle.. Great perfume. I love it!

leomat2008
leomat2008

It remindes me a pool.
Here in Brasil, don´t stay longer in the skin.
Soft, clean, aquatic so fresh.
I like a lot!
For me, it´s one of the best water-interpretations.
L´eau par kenzo for her is good to!

Alexey
Alexey

It's a very powerful, masculine and refreshing scent.

It's GREAT!!!

Moszatka
Moszatka

It's a very fresh and intimate fragrance. I like it on my husband and this fragrance is a delicious parfume.

guest_Dirk
guest_Dirk

I love this scent. nice fresh and also spicy salty peppery smell like ur on a bay and smell the water with seaweeds.
this is nice for summer

guest_surya_vai
guest_surya_vai

it's a nice fragrance, smells great. longevity about 6-8 hours on my skin.
already bought 4 bottles of Aqva :)

guest_dunatko
guest_dunatko

hmm... from start very fine and fresh... then comes up something i dont like to smell on me...

chance25
chance25

Ughhh. My DH sometimes spritzes himself w/ this before leaving. I can not stand it. It makes the back of my throat close up. I smell old pepper, citrus, salt and sent trails of b.o.. I want to toss it in the trash, but that's just mean.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I bought this for my OH who is very picky on fragrances. It's a very refreshing yet masculine scent. Subtly sexy!

I would describe it as a modern twist on Cool Water - yet not as sweet & retains some huskiness which I'm guessing is the patchouli.

Aqva Pour Homme by Bvlgari 4.07 out of 5 based on 1876 ratings and 290 user reviews

Eau De Toilette 1oz
Zappos.com
Gift Set 3.4oz
Bvlgari - AQVA Pour Homme Holiday Gift Set 3.4oz N A - Beauty
Bvlgari - AQVA Pour Homme Holiday Gift Set 3.4oz N A - Beauty

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqva Pour Homme by Bvlgari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqva Pour Homme by Bvlgari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.