Designers » B » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

dislike

I have it: 785 I had it: 315 I want it: 277 My signature: 24

marine
Aqva Pour Homme Marine Bvlgari for men Videos
Aqva Pour Homme Marine Bvlgari for men Pictures Aqva Pour Homme Marine Bvlgari for men Pictures Aqva Pour Homme Marine Bvlgari for men Pictures

Bvlgari Aqua Pour Homme Marine edition is presented in early 2008.

It was designed by renowned perfumer Jacques Cavallier, the creator of the original Aqua Pour Homme fragrance, who tried to evoke the natural freshness and the strength of the ocean with Posidonia Oceanica seaweed, neroli, grapefruit, rosemary and white cedar.

This fragrance is available as 50 and 100ml EDT.

Neroli Grapefruit Mandarin Orange Petitgrain

Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone

Aqva Pour Homme Marine Fragrance Reviews

mrlumis
mrlumis

This reminds me of a fishing wharf at a beach along the rugged west coast of nz.. not so much a tropical beach which id associate more with tropical florals and fruits but this is a real kick in the guts sea smell but in a good way. nice. not for everyday wear though but nice in summer time here.. but what would I know I'm a learner nose lol 7/10

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

A generic aquatic cologne-spray that is uninspiring and extremely similar to so many others. Besides the poor spelling (it's no longer 1885 Bulgari), this fragrance is a drugstore quality scent that sits softly and disappears in about 3-hours.

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

Smells like Seaweed and Grapefruit. Has a very watery feel to it. I actually prefer this one over the original Aqva and the new flanker Aqva Amara.

iziqism
iziqism

Aqva Marine is my first Bvlgari fragrance that I bought. It's a blind buy since I love aquatic fragrance and I have to say that this fragrance fits my every expectations except the hint of sweetness that I got; more sweet than salty like some people said. However, it is innocuous and Bvlgari Aqva Marine still is a fresh, mild and soothing fragrance to be wear all year round.

There was once my wife sprayed this on her neck and I took a sniff; wow, all of a sudden it reminds me of our holiday trip to Mabul Island in Borneo last summer. The image of a stretched timber walkway running across crystal clear water in our floating resort came into my mind. This evocation of a memory is enough to tell me that this fragrance is delicately beautiful while living up to its name.

Sillage:5/10

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Strongest notes are seaweed, smells like corals, or sant in the beach and these seaweeds at a shore, very strong cedar, one one hand I have wild brace diesel and on other this marine. So in diesel and this cedar is strong, but diesel has that more fruity grapefruit tone and fruity sweetnes which bvlgari doesn't have, and this has mandarin orange spiciness and that coralic note. I don't like this perfume so much, but it's best when outside is about 30 celsius. Diesel is more sexy has different sweet woody undertone as antonio banderas the secret.

Paulo Rocha
Paulo Rocha

And I thought I was goin' crazy when I felt a slight scent of egg whites and the outer shell of eggs... At least I'm not the only one. The interesting fact is that you can sense it only at a certain range (closer to the skin). Maybe it's better for those who are not using it. An OK fragrance in the "aquatic" family; nothing else.

daynierds
daynierds

I may be the only one saying this...but to me it smells like a mix of eggs and salty water...I could not stand it and I do believe aqva is a better choice

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This is a very solid aquatic fragrance and priced for the masses.

My Score: 7

adamhabib
adamhabib

Here is a story. I have the original, but I suspect it was reformulated so I wanted to try the flankers. I got samples of this and aqva amara, and asked my wife of what she thinks of them. She said... never ever think of wearing such feminine colognes!. I later asked my brother and he said so.
What's wrong with the house if bvulgari? reformilations,discontinuing the originsls, and producing feminine fragrances for men!

jesseo11
jesseo11

Love it! Lasts, projects, smells so nice. Can't go wrong with this one.

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

Reminds me of me being on a Greek island and walking down the beach...amazing fragrance,salty and very marine indeed!
Longevity is good,sillage is moderate as many summer,aquatic fragrances but you can always apply more so it's not that much of a big deal!
Love it,perfect summer fragrance!

JoeOM
JoeOM

This is a strange one for me.

It is obviously marketed as a summer scent, however in hot weather I cannot stand this. It gives me the worst possible headache. The water notes and seaweed are too loud.

HOWEVER I wore this when the temperature was about 10C and it was Great!
Made me feel like I was walking down a marina on a rainy autumn day. Completely different from when I wore it in hot weather.

I may be on my own wearing a summer fragrance in winter/colder weather but that's the way it works with me. Very odd.

Has great longevity and projection by the way.

ziash
ziash

Temperature: ~80F
Humidity: 40%
Projection & Sillage: 1 <-> 1.5 hours, then convert to skin scent. This fragrance is not working in high temperature and low humidity - atleast here.

Comparison: In same weather conditions and skin makeup, Issey Miyake is doing 5~7 hours.

Radiation
Radiation

Great 'summer in a bottle' vibe on this one. Beautiful aquatic, nice lemony citrus, great sillage and longevity. Just all around great performer with high spousal approval. Ironically spousal approval may be too high... My wife has straight up stolen this from my collection. She says 'tough luck, but something else. Or with how much cologne you own, don't' Ouch...
I will agree with her that this is absolutely unisex and as a matter of fact it works better on her than on me! Just glad that she decided to steal this one at $40 a bottle than one of my Tom Fords or Creeds! Perhaps it's time to look at the other Aquas in the Bulgari line.

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

I simply love this fragrance! It always reminds me of ocean and sea breeze. It has something deep and special, some sweet accord, maybe it's seaweed. It lasts all day on me and I am always noticed when I wear it. Summer, beach scent :) 9/10

burgundyaltima

The opening turn many people off..its inky and very off putting but 10 minutes later it turns into this lovely sweet aquatic...i only received compliments from one of my coworkers..she asked if it was perfume because it smells unisex. ..and it is kinda perfumy in the dry down..good stuff

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

Well I tried giving this scent a few wearings as Im really looking for a scent with its descroption.

But on my skin this comes off really salty and with a heavy pine like, seaweed smell thats really repulsive. Ive smelled this on my step dad and it smelled decent(still not great) but not as bad as on my skin. But if I were to give an honest opinion on how it came off on me id have to say I strongly dislike this 1. So deff try this out before buying.

On the bright side this deffinity projected like a beast and lasted on my skin 8-10 hours.

Id rate this a 5.5 out of 10

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

i use this perfume even if i'm a gal. it's very fragrant.

MrChrisD
MrChrisD

Recently was given a sample of this with a new purchase. It reminds me of being on the beach on a hot summer day! A very nice aquatic scent. It's probably my new favorite aquatic. The scent is very unique to me. Not like others. Smells of water, salt, and seaweed. It's very light and awesome just like a ocean breeze!

HIghly recommended!

Scent 10/10

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I recently tested Aqva Pour Homme Marine by Bvlgari not sure what to expect! As soon as I sprayed it on my skin I could smell the fresh citrus notes from Yuzu (grapefruit) blending with neroli. To spice up the frag petitgrain gives it a gorgeously aroma. The aquatic notes gives it a fresh vib all together making it amazing. I know that this frag doesn't show any floral notes but I'm almost certain that either jasmine or laburnum might be in the ingredients making it a really warm which has an appealing quality.
Longevity and Silage are both very good lasting well past 6hrs and you could smell it about 3ft away depending how recent you had sprayed it on.
Overall thoughts,
Now that spring is around the corner and I was looking for a gorgeously fragrance, Aqva Pour Homme Marina certainly caught my attention after sampling it several times. I went back to the store where I buy most of frag's and I was able to pick up 100ml bottle for only 39usd....a real steal. Several people have already complemented me when I've wore it during work. I don't find anything offensive about this frag. This juice is my to go frag during the spring/summer frag which the citrus notes carries well.
Rating this frag isn't difficult..in a word STUPENDOUS. 9.5/10
I agree with everyone who says it's perfect during the summer months near the beach soaking up the sun.

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

Aqva Marine is extremely original, not simple nor common. Salty and sweet, but sweeter than saltier. It is creamer than its cousin Aqva, which is sharper (and also very good). There is no fish smell, as someone said. Longevity good, sillage moderate to low.

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

Aqva Marine by Bvlgari has one of the best and most natural Grapefruit notes in the designer game.

When first sprayed, you get a fresh and very natural grapefruit, followed by the neroli and a little tiny bit of mandarin. This stays for quite some time, after which you start getting the water notes with a little bit of that seaweed, nothing like or as much as it's older brother Aqva Pour Homme, that is a much deeper fragrance. Think of Aqva Marine being the top of the ocean, whilst Aqva Pour Homme is the deep ocean.

Aqva Marine is a really nice summer time fragrance, I would say daytime, or even early evening.

Longevity on this fragrance is really very good, I would say about 6-10 hours. Projection for the first 4 hours is really good, it will push out there. After that 4 hours it's still noticeable, just not as much.

Aqva marine is a very refreshing and natural grapefruit fragrance, that's great for the summer.

8/10, I love this scent for summer weekends, going out to the beach or just going out anywhere on those summer weekends.

Romashka
Romashka

This is one of my favourite aquatic scents. I love the seaweed notes which remind you of the ocean and the opening of grapefruit which is very light and fresh. If only this lasted longer on my skin I only get about an hour of this before it becomes a skin scent. It's affordable, smells fresh and less common that other aquatics and the bottle is unique. Definitely a keeper for summer.

burgundyaltima

hate the opening but in LOVE with the dry down..very sweet as it dries reminds me so much of the givenchy play OR versace man eau fraiche dry down

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

Work well with me. Totally luv this one from the original~

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

t is fresh. That's all you need on a hot summer day or on one of those days when you want to have a stress-free workday. I simply love it.

good for summer nights

deeanna
deeanna

At first I smelled it on paper and it reminded me of an aquatic scent from a car desodorisant. Too blue chemical. Then I tried it again on the skin and it was very different : natural airy, watery, a little salty and wild aromatic herbs fragrance, even mint, like a mediterranean seaside at all season. I looked for the fish, but didn't find it :) For me it's a relaxing natural fragrance. Think I will buy it for my man for Christmas... Hope he will like it...

markpadilla13
markpadilla13

this is better than bulgari aqua imo. Super fresh

Vastalux
Vastalux

I really like a lot Aqva Pour Homme Bvlgari and I expected Marine would be the same but it really turn me out. When first time I tried, I really could not stand the "fish" smell and almost vomit on the spot. Immediately I washed up my hand. After a few months later, I tried another shot and now I can stand with the smell. I have same experience when tried A*Men previously. Do not blind buy.

captainlb
captainlb

This is one of the scents,they refer to aquatics. Water,we were born in it evolved in it. I like it very much and does have a tad of sweetness to it. It is aromatic,in as much as when I wore it to Savannah Ga. this past summer,on the water front and the breeze that day It carried. It was not like people asked me what it was, they were smiling and kid of looking around.A couple stopped and asked me what I was wearing and said it is great. The ocean air took it in every direction and the salt air diffused it into this gorgeous but not formal scent.That, is what I think this perfume designer should go to bed at night and think about.I turned this seaweed from Australia and mixed it with grapefruit and some magic molecule and this is what I got. I wonder how often these true artists and chemists are really appreciated.

Cm Punk
Cm Punk

This is a very pleasant fragrance for the summer. Great for casual events or just hanging out at the beach. To my nose this smells like the beach, watery/seaweed/ salty smell. very light but still noticeable. Longevity on my skin is 3 to 6 hours and less than average projection performance, so if you are looking for a summer fragrance that will get you tons of compliments and last the whole day and project like a beast than this fragrance is not for you. But overall not a bad fragrance.

Rating 5/10

Bremont
Bremont

Just surreal. From opening to dry-down, Bvlgari Aqva Marine is all about the ocean, water, and fresh citrus. Lemon zest. "Deep" yet fresh water. Seriously, the freshest, citrusy water note I have ever tried. Surreal. One reviewer said this cologne takes you deep into the abyss of the sea. I am very much a big fan of this scent. As someone who heats up easily in the summer, this is the only scent I am comfortable wearing above 30 degrees Celsius. The lemon note is similar and as sharp as that found in Versace Eau Fraiche, but it has more body and complexity. Fresh, energetic, pleasant, and youthful - but it doesn't compromise on complexity and the depth that a cologne should have. Surreal scent, simply takes me away.

benpaul12
benpaul12

For a summer cologne, and an aquatic, this one certainly makes you keep smelling your wrist in wonder. As one reviewer said this is “deeper into the abyss” of the ocean than the others in the Aqva collection.

On application you’re quickly treated to a blast of lemon-like grapefruit squirt. It then washes over with water and sea-weed. At this point I did not like the seaweed note. It smelt a bit stale, like the smell of warm seaweed on a hot day. However, that quickly mellows, blends and creates an amazing synergy with the florals and woods underneath to create an interesting aquatic-floral.

It’s a complex summer fragrance which is clean, fresh and very Italian. It doesn’t remind me of beaches, the gym or deodorant like many summer fragrances. It brings to mind rocky islands, large yachts, crisp white shirts, slick back hair, Persol sunglasses and a great tan.

I’d try it before doing a blind buy based on the seaweed note, if you can cope with it underlying the amazing floral concoction, you will love this.

bizz1001
bizz1001

Smells like sea, not dark deep sea like ocean- but light blue sea; mediterranean sea.. seagulls, wine, rosemary and romance.. Ohhh it is light, transparent and sensual.. simply beautiful..

A really well executed alternate version of aqva. The original managed to evoke a lovely aquatic accord using cool citrus & fruity notes.
This one is obviously similar to the original but cleverly delves deeper into the abyss with more saltiness and seaweed vibes.
The watery notes are somehow evoke the feeling of deeper water which fulfils the brief and the name Marine.
The Aqva Toniq I have is extremely salty and not quite as pleasant as these.
I think the saltiness is just right on this one and I can't choose between Aqva and Aqva Marine as they are both great.

alexander.cobabe
alexander.cobabe

I smell a lot of white floral notes with water notes. I love the smell and it lasts super well on my skin. I don't care if this is a summer fragrance. I will wear this all year if I want.

Naqash

Bought it today at around 4:00PM I tested both Bvlgari Aqva and Aqva Marine and liked this one better when i get back to my car I applied 5 sprays of it (3 on neck and 1-1 on each wrist). Its 9:00 now and I cant smell it anymore even when I put my nose close to the skin its not there its vanished. But I can still smell the Bvlgari Aqva on the cuff of my shirt. So it smells better then bvlgari aqva but fails at longevity.

Art2112
Art2112

There are no fish notes at all thankfully . When i read the reviewers choice of note here it makes me laugh :-)

There is though, one of the Top 5 water notes I've ever encountered...they nailed it.....

It smells like I'm spending a fantastic, perfect weather type of day at my favorite beach ! But if you're still unsure after my review as to whether you'll like it...do as I did and buy the 0.17 oz version on eBay!

Perfect for the beach/ocean etc !

Art

manzoor86
manzoor86

its one of my favorite summer fragrances,irritated me all long during ramazan,where i had to give it a break for one full month,the special thing about this fragrance which i have noted is you can touch it and shift it to where ever you want to take it,i spray it on my neck and i can scroll it and sniff it where i copy paste it lols;)
for my nose it appears to be a linear fragrance that never goes and never irritate my receptors,i always take negative comments on it,but i still like it and it is very close to my heart for unknown reasons.just pack it when it is winter or the freshness is going to freeze you,posidonia posidonia posidonia,all that Bvlgari people had met,
don't try it,its for my nose.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

This reminds me of walking on a wooden pier along the ocean. You will smell the salty water, the seaweed and a hint of wood. I do not smell fish, but I can see how others might infer a fish smell from these other notes. Aqua Marine is not for everyone but I enjoy it, particularly on hot summer days.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I keep looking for a Bvlgari I like - but this isn't it, either. (Can't say as how I was surprised as I'm not a big fan of aquatics.)

Yes, it smells marine/oceanic for a while, then it kind of... goes off. I couldn't figure out if I was smelling candy or herbs or what after about a half hour. And then it disappeared... it didn't last long.

The M&M bottle is interesting.

spoombung
spoombung

Like Bvlgari Aqua with more of the mossy/chemical element (the bit that people say smells like seaweed). I personally don't think it smells much like seaweed but you can see what the perfumer has tried to do.

I think it's a brave attempt to extend the aqua genre but I can't say I'm terribly keen on it.

dmirror
dmirror

I really don't smell fish in this or the other sounds like some of these guys that's doing these reviews don't take proper showers or baths or keep up good hygiene use scent free body wash guys so it doesn't change the smell of the fragrance but anyways i smelled this one aqva marine about a couple days ago and its a good scent i sprayed it on my wrist and its fresh clean its in the league with cool water and aqua di gio don't get the two confused aqva marine is better than the other one the darker aqva pour homme longevity might be a issue though i believe the scent only lasted 2 or 3 hours on my wrist but it smells great P.S. fellas don't worry about how many other guys are wearing it as long as your woman enjoys it on you

Adam300691
Adam300691

My signature scent, i bow down to the king of colognes on this one!

I remember the first spray i ever had of this beauty, and i bought it straight away. Cost me an arm and a leg at the time, but i was that taken, i couldn't leave without it.

I don't even know where to begin with the perfectness of this cologne. When i have it on, i don't think of beaches or anything like that, i daydream that im some kind of merman, draped with seaweed, and when i emerge from the coral reefs of say - The Great Barrier Reef, this is what i would smell like. Sounds crazy, but that is the distant land my conscience takes me to when enveloped in Aqva Marine.

Lasts a full 8+ hours on me, and the scent is amazing from start to finish. I wear this to work, definitely suits corporate wear, not as much as Aqua Di Gio, but still up there.
I usually wear this on a mild/hot singlet and short shorts summer day.

Unfortunately though, EVERYONE now has this cologne, so it gets kinda old having to go somewhere in summer, and smelling at least 3 people at a time next to you in the shopping center or out at cafes and shops along the beach, smelling the same as you.

Great price now, will always wear the crown in my collections!

10/10!

biggerm82
biggerm82

I own and enjoy the original Aqva, so I couldn't wait to test this one out. I went to Sephora, sprayed my arm, turned to the girl I was with and said ".. This smells like fish". It's clean and bright, but it smelled like I just got done cleaning fish and washed my hands with a bright zesty soap. It's not a rancid/smelly fish, it's a fresh fish, but nonetheless.. it's fish. I still want a bottle for the uniqueness and bottle design alone, but don't know if I'll ever get around to picking one up.

LuxWaltz
LuxWaltz

I can totally smell the sea breeze with this scent.
This scent, however, is only one that I like; not one scent that I love. I'm still debating if I should get it or not.
I really do fancy the bottle design, though.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Seaweed seaweed seaweed, with a slight fishy smell is all I get on my skin. this sent to me is very nauseating. BUT, its the best at capturing the ocean, I don't think another scent does it better. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Nirvalica
Nirvalica

Tried it today at the mall. Smelled way too sharp on my skin. Didn't like it at all. Now, 8 hours later, it's nearly gone off my skin, but what's left is a very faint but pleasant ocean smell. I would enjoy it if it smelled like that from the beginning. Just not for me I guess.

adiasih1
adiasih1

very fresh, young, and oceanic! somehow, i've found fishy smell, but it still great taste of youth fragrance. love it

Marciu
Marciu

This one is always in my wardrobe. A constant late spring and summer frag for me.

It's a bit simillar to Aqva, but different in the same time. I feel less Posidonia sea weed, more citruses. It seems to be a bit lighter than Aqva. But it lasts also quite long on my skin - I get about 8 hours, very good. Projection and sillage are also very good.

One of the best from Bvlgari family, and it's not so popular. It's also a big plus.

Definitely, I love it.

Murk123
Murk123

My first Bvlgari fragrance which I Heard alot of hype about this so I had to buy it and what a surprise it was. BVLGARI AQVA MARINE is an amazing summer/daily use type of fragrance it has such a fresh and ocean like smell and its not the type of smell to give you a headache even if you use 10 sprays, just so light and so strong at the same time which is amazing. Lasted on my skin about 2-6 hours which was great, Bought this for half price which was even better. I am going on holiday to Turkey which is a hot country and this is going to be travelling with me. I will defo buy another in future, Give it a try you will love it as i did.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is sea breeze scent on the beach. Reminds me sunheat.

Niven
Niven

Very similar to boss pure, but I find this better than boss pure. Boss pure has very strong headache inducing hyacinth note. Bvlgari AQ is good for clean white shirt or pre workout scent. But not something I would go out of my way to buy. I'd rather wear gendarme for my clean white shirt fragrance.

Walker
Walker

I have to agree with ComaSaan about the fish notes. I enjoyed the top notes a lot, but then came the smell of sea (and fish).

I'm not professional with fragrances so maybe I should have know that this might happen when I get involved with marine frags. I live in a very hot and humid place and I thought this would be the right choice.

The good thing is that now I know those kind of scents are not my thing.

ramones
ramones

reminds me of the vast blue ocean, when im sailing on the boat. smell like the ocean water. bit to salty if you put it too much. my perfume for day time

vote 9/10

Fairus
Fairus

lol! fishnotes!

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

Gave it a skin test yesterday. Smells like lemon zesty airfreshner with sorta FISH note!!! YUK!!!!!!

But around 4 hours later it dries down to a subtle aquatic fresh scent. But still there was the annoying fish like note. I love fishing, and i enjoy reef fish the most. But i would never want to smell like this. Coz real reef fish smells better.

But this might be a beautiful scent for someone else. It's just not getting along with my skin.

winterapple
winterapple

I'm so tempted to buy this fragrance but I can't wear it because it's men's fragrance :(

Bvlgari really should make a female version of it.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A premium quality marine aroma, which is clean, crisp, modern day and so stylish..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1 hours. 1.25 foot strong projection. This is total class, stylish and modern day, this could easily be in a £200 bottle. This is the best marine scent that I have smelt; its handsome and refined, clean cut and modern. Could be office or holiday. Seaweed is prominent. Ages 28 - 36

1 hours - 2 hours. 1 foot projection. Lighter seaweed now, mixed with watery-light notes

2 hours - 4 hours- 3 inch projection. Smells like clean cucumber - though that is not listed. So clean and cool

4 hours -5 hours -1 inch projection

5 - 8 hours. Close to the skin

I feel this is too classy to take to the beach, instead I recommend that you wear it at night times to a posh sea-food restaurant and of course its the caviar for you! For the day at the beach, try Calvin Klien Crave, which smells of star fish and is also another top marine frag and more suitable IMHO for the day

Just wish the strong projection of the 1st 2 hours would last for 6 hours. Bring out an EDP!

Quality smell

steve0580
steve0580

Wonderful scent. If I close my eyes and smell this, it makes me think of a caribbean vacation. Fresh, clean saltwater. I'm just missing the margaritas. Margaritas are our friends .... LOL. :)

mrfume
mrfume

A rather Brighter counterpart to its Darker predecessor they both share the same DNA but this ones a lil more airy and slightly brighter,the sea weed and the water notes composed in this flanker kinda give it a lil fishy sorta eggy feeling which i totally understand as next to some beaches and water body's that fishy egg smell is there and seaweed, moss mixed with bordering rocks,fishes swimming by anyhow past that its not a bad scent at all the instant opening is fairly good and the dry down is fairy good too.its the fishy egg smelling note that gets to me after 10 mins onward's after application though the dry down is somber and nice. I prefer the original one to this flanker still you should give it a try coz maybe people who don't like the saltiness of the original could check this one out.

5.5*/10*

burgundyaltima

smells like a pre-mature Versace man eau fraiche in the dry down..i dislike the initial top notes..the grapefruit smells sour on my skin..kind of inky and salty too.. but i love the sweetness of the dry down ..smells pretty good.. longevity / projection is very poor.. test on skin before you buy

dani_i89
dani_i89

Theres no marine or citrus notes. Didn't understand this 1 at all. Just a generic mess

afiqridzuan
afiqridzuan

perfect perfume. sexy and fresh.

Slayerized
Slayerized

This aquatic is for me a good alternative for those who find the original Aqva Pour Homme too salty and less fresh.
This one is less salty and opens way fresher than it's older brother and stays that way for hours. The opening of grapefruit and neroli is quite a refreshing experience! After that the watery elements with seaweed and rosemary kick in which makes the smell more mature in my opinion. It resembles indeed the smell of fresh sea water which is very unique! The basenotes are cedar and amber to make it last for a few hours. I have to agree with Shamu that this is one of the best aquatics on the market. Sillage is above average and longevity is average, like 4-6 hrs depending on amount of application. Best to use in late spring and summer. A drawback is that the frag is quite expensive! I could get it with a 50% discount and I would advise to buy this only when discounted! Rated: 8.5/10

Aspendina
Aspendina

A girls review: sprayed it on myself and its very watery/marine like but not in a good way, after a little while it gets a little better but nothing extraordinary that I would spend money on. Definitely an aquatic scent, might be best worn by those who live near the beach.

Petrichor
Petrichor

Make sure you spray this on your skin and wear it for a while before buying. I've read some rave reviews, but this elicited one big YUCK from me. It smelled like some sort of gross fishy seaweed. Eventually, I had to wash it off because I couldn't stand it anymore.

jana21
jana21

The best man fragrance I have smelled, perfect for day or night, summer or winter.

bomap_96
bomap_96

I LOVE THIS VERY MUCH, even though sometimes it seem fades away, but it's smell really lovely, i always want to smell it...so good fragrance!

erik.siqueira
erik.siqueira

Salty fragance. Nice, quite and good longevite for a fresh fragance. Easy scent, nothing agressive. Remembers me "maresia".

garett
garett

It is indeed very well aquatic and uniquely aquatic/oceanic.It blows aqua di gio armani off easily.I had aqua di gio on one hand and sprayed this on the other , i couldnto smell aqua di gio at all.
Also i see lot of comments like they feel like sea weed , fish market smell , not at all , may be your bottle was fake ?? May be they are saying this because they saw the word " Posidonia Oceanica seaweed" in it , no , i think this posidonia stuff is the thing which is making it unique. I remember i girl sitting behind me in office , trying to blow her nostrils and try to catch the aura around me.
PLUS it kind of creates a composure in me and a feeling of no tension around.Good for bad tempered guys.It can really create a balance for people who have anger management problems. Good scent.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Fabulous fragrance! - one of the very best "aqua" fragrances. There is a really nice woody note in there too. Makes you smell like you just showered. This is so likeable and fresh. Longevity and sillage are excellent. It will really grow and grow on you. Bvlgari do know how to roll out great fragrances!

seyhan.hatipoglu
seyhan.hatipoglu

Fresh,elegant,cool and good longevity on my skin 6-7 hours.

Sillage-8
Longevity-9
Scent-9
Originality-9

Summer=Bvlgari aqva marine !!!

Elevation
Elevation

To me this smells really soapy fresh, but I like it. It gives you a cool fresh blast when you put it on. Great for summer. It smells nothing like a marine scent. I gauge my marine scents off of sel marin, which is really salty and close to fishy in the top notes. Bvl marine is a good fragrance. Even though I'm buying niche these days, I think this is one that I will keep coming back to.

To be completely honest, I don't see the point of this flanker. I really like Aqva pour Homme, and I know it well seeing that an ex wore it as his signature. It's one masculine aquatic that I found more than pleasant on a man's skin, but I can't say the same for Aqva pour Homme Marine.

This flanker is quite sharp and chemical on the skin. It's an aquatic through and through, so in some ways it does evoke that 'marine' sensation. Aquatics are really popular during Summer, but they've never been a hit with me. Unfortunately, Aqva pour Homme Marine has failed to captivate me. It's just a mixture of seawater and citrus to my nose.

Aqva pour Homme Marine may not be my cup of tea, but I do admire its freshness. The opening was not unlike Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren, with a similar cucumber crispness and a bright, sparkling grapefruit accord. Seeing that this fragrance projects quite strongly, anyone that wishes to experience a lighter version, should definitely test Aqva pour Homme Marine in the aftershave, which I personally find much smoother and less bold.

The salty accord will either delight you or repulse you, as this flanker really does encompass the scent of the ocean, complete with a sea breeze. I like men that smell mysterious, but for something more straight-forward, Aqva pour Homme Marine does cater to that relaxed, dreamy atmosphere.

The longevity and sillage are fantastic. I am even quite pleased with this flanker having enough character to set itself apart from the original Aqva pour Homme. I wouldn't dislike the scent of Aqva pour Homme Marine on a man, but I can't say I would find myself in any way drawn to it. But then again, each to their own.

fz16

alert:aqua line may get reformulated with a slight new bottle design.
just got a 100ml bottle

fz16

the best fragrance i ever smelt till now, pure heaven!!!!!!!!
opens up with wonderful sweetness with a hint of seawater and stays same almost till 1 hr.then its mostly seawater.
bottle is a dream,projection is great ,aqua is more sour bcoz of the amber in it, very relaxing perfume,u can do A blind buy of this one.

OceanLovePotion
OceanLovePotion

I am female, and I love to wear this. I got it as a free sample with an order of cosmetics, and I might have to buy a full size :)

Ewalk81
Ewalk81

Awsome frag. Great projection, good longevity.

blauriche
blauriche

If this is what aquatic scents smell like I must not like them. It smells kind of rancid to me. It smells like a tub of scented talcum powder exploded all over a fish market. I think I can feel cockle and mussel shrapnel in my teeth...

yella_light
yella_light

@ babybash44, I blind bought this, but the 0.17 small bottle. I don't regret it.
This is an alternative for anyone who loves aquatic scents. This is a step up from Cool Water, or an alternative to Green Irish Tweed.
I plan to buy a bigger bottle myself after finishing my small one. You can always find those 100ml for less than $50 on amazon or ebay.

The opening are seaweed notes and reminds you of what they intended: the sea, which is what makes it unique.
Once it dries down, it reminds me of Green Irish Tweed/Cool Water, mixed with Creed Imperial Millesime/Sean Jean Unforgivable/Ed Hardy Love & Luck.
It lasts 6-7 hours on my skin, some say it lasts longer than that.
My favorite from the house of Bvlgari.
(3-4 sprays max)

Smell: 4 stars
Overall: 4 stars

babybash44
babybash44

Saw a 100 ml bottle at TJ MAXX for 49.99. Really tempted. Should I get it? Or should I spend my money on cheaper ones because this would be a blind buy

ladyreddz
ladyreddz

This is a very nice and fresh scent. My 15 year old son wears it and everytime he walks by me I get a whiff of it. Strangers have followed him just to ask him what he is wearing. I would definitly recommend this.

nazari753
nazari753

Way fresher than the original. I grab this one more for daily use and in a hot day. Works like charm. I like the rosemary note in this one. I prefer this over the original although I wear the original in cooler days or in rainy days. Love the bottle, collectors' dream.

sedan79
sedan79

this is an original daily fragrance, very fresh and relaxing.

Scent: 8.5
Longevity: 7
Sillage: 9

nghiadu
nghiadu

I feel extremely relax with this scent. It works well on my skin, last long.I love love it even it so linear, have no special impress, just simple and light. Completely appropriate for summer day time

LANIER
LANIER

Aqva Pour Homme Marine Bvlgari for Men is like a refreshing spray of the Adriatic Sea on your skin while skiing behind a beautiful vintage 1959 speedboat off of Rimini. It is so fresh and light yet lasts a good eight hours or so. It just puts me in mind of Italy in the late 50’s, fun, bright, and jazzy. A definite spring to summer scent and with a few spays you are staring in your own Vittorio De Sica movie.
You blast off with the Grapefruit and Neroli opening that I love so much. Then it segues into rosemary, seaweed and water notes that are quite nice and sophisticated. And at the end you are in the sunset of the scent of lingering cedar. You may end up humming “Tu vuo fa l Americano” yet you will feel so Italian doing it.
Four gold stars ****

themitri
themitri

Feels fresh n salty, as when in the ocean and see the sun goes down

Chimp
Chimp

Aqva pour Homme Marine is an exceptional marine fragrance, very fresh and citrusy, smells just like an ocean breeze in a Hawaiian beach. Compared to the original Bvlgari Aqva this one is less woodsy and dark and overall better than the first one. The scent reminds me very much of Nautica Voyage, the longevity is great.

sawyer82
sawyer82

Less Marine and less Pour Homme than it's predecessor. Smells fresh, nice, and has the same salty notes, but it has no projection and no lasting power. Too watery.

Bvlgari should make a stronger version of this and name it Aqva Pour Femme.

kalios55
kalios55

Aqva Pour Homme Marine ..

Bursts of fresh salty seaweed was the first to greet my nose. Although this only lasted for a few seconds as the citrus and aqua notes kicked in.

The citrus was bright and bitter. The aqua was ozonic, fresh and salty just like ... the ocean breeze after it has rained. I detected a slight sweetness from flower here and there along with a shy woodsiness in the background.

From the middle to the end, Aqva Pour Homme Marine was very bitter. So bitter that it actually reminded me of the scent of roasted pepper at time. But whatever it was ... it worked. This bitterness subdued the citrus and kept the salty aqua scent fresh and airy. Barely-there floral & woodsiness softened things up nicely.

A scent of the ocean air after a rainfall is my definition of Aqva Pour Homme Marine .. Natural and attractive ..

RyeJoseph
RyeJoseph

I actually really enjoy this cologne! The original Aqva was deep sea fishing type of a smell, or maybe even a long day of swimming in the ocean. Aqva Marine (which is what I prefer, anyways) is more so a day at the beach. You can smell a HINT of seaweed, but you're not drowned out in sea water! It's really refreshing, sea breezy, and even some citrus notes (but nothing typical or overpowering). Hmm.. Maybe this is a bit underrated, judging by the other reviews. The longevity is terrific- easily a full day! If it's summer time, and you're looking for something unique, and always take your mind to the beach environment even when you can't be there- aqva marine is for you!

Mr.Lazuardi
Mr.Lazuardi

ssooo fishyyy !!!

SheShe
SheShe

My husband has a sample of this one.
It's rather a simple aquatic fragrance that brings Dsquared2, He Wood Ocean Wet Wood to my mind - they both have a moment feeling as if a log was floating in water covered in moss (seaweed). The beginning is sea- like with a forest near the beach.
Good fragrance if somebody likes marine ones. Fresh, with something like pine included, I don't have salty impression. It could be unisex if a woman likes sharp marine tones.

cyberzigot
cyberzigot

A friend bought this and borrow it to me so I can try it out in a proper way.
This is one fragrance that I really don't get. I can't imagine why someone would want to smell salty. Yes, it is as what its name advertise, aquatic marine. However I prefer fresh citrusy aquatic, not the salty marine seaweed aquatic. If I were to put it in laymans term, when I smell this, I picture washing detergent mixed with sea water with sea weed swirling in the mixture. Go figure.It does have a synthetic vibe.
Projection and longevity is moderate. I gave this a chance but I just don't get it.

Projection: 3/5

dvbdvb
dvbdvb

a result of bad modification, too watery and light for me. only accomplished 1 bottle, not even think to repurchase it.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I affectionately call this one 'BVLGARI OCTOPVS'.

pria_wangi
pria_wangi

AQUA MARINE

Fresh but too fishy..
I'm like a fishman after work fullday on fishboat
Too far from original Aqua

Try this before you buy..

booboo013
booboo013

i got this for my boyfriend and each time i smell him,i just wanna eat him up....it has this cool smell....quite refreshing i must say

rafiqi
rafiqi

just bought 100ml. mix feeling about this fragrance. sometimes its smell good and sometimes the other way around. i don't know why. anyhow i'll give the fragrance a chance to grow on me. who know it will be my next signature.

HuggytheHusky
HuggytheHusky

sweet smell

Give me feeling of the sea

so wonderful

badkarma
badkarma

I love both this and the regular AQVA. This one doesn't last too long.. about 4 hours on my skin, but if you get it cheap it would be a good buy for hot days. Very refreshing.

melissa
melissa

I saw this and decided to spritz it on my self. It smelled really good. I am thinking about getting it- even though it is for men. I think it could easily be worn by women if it connects with your chemistry. Reminds me more of the true ocean smell that I really love.

candycandy27
candycandy27

the second fragrance I purchased for my boyfriend, after bvlgari aqva pour homme.
Im so curious about this perfume and have a blind buy.
well,
At the very first spray, I feel a little fishy smell in it. yes I do.
I hate this perfume for a while, when it has a fishy smell.
But after 30-45 minutes later, the fishy smell's gone!
and the sillage was so great.
my bf just sprayed it two/three times, and I can smell a fresh water surround him, in the 2-3 meters away.
And after that, I never smell that fishy scent anymore.
it turns to a very fresh fragrance. fresh water!
and the longevity was so great too, i can smell it in a whole day. very nice

sillage 8/10
longevity 8/10

meshary007
meshary007

bubble of the ocean ...

Start ultra fresh ocean salt with Grapefruit
& Seaweed with a far hint of fishy water.
end the same .

just get the body for it .

andy
andy

It really is a more contemporary version of the original which makes it a little more modern

Guinea54
Guinea54

Because this fragrance is an aquatic, a lot of people will brush it off as something generic or unoriginal. But if you look at the point or purpose of the fragrance, it does its job extremely well..

The first thing I get is a very bright and aromatic citrus , partly fresh, partially sour (grapefruit) with a very oceanic vibe carrying the citrus.. At the opening it is very aromatic and projects well.. Its clean fresh and oceanic..

After awhile the citrus smell tames down and I get a lot of the watery notes. When I say watery notes, I really feel like the fragrance is representative of what it smells like to be standing in a marina. I get a light saltiness but not overpowering.. It really smells like an ocean breeze more than most other aquatics I have smelled. This really captures the water notes. But as the original aqua reminds me of murky,dark and deep ocean water,, aqua marine reminds me of the surface of clear ocean water. Aque pour homme i think ocean water off the coast of NY, and aqua marine clear ocean water of Miami.

In the end,, it is a bit too much of the watery notes for me. Although the job of capturing the "ocean,/ water" feel is spot on, it runs a little flat for me. i give it respect though for what it is,

scent- 8
Purpose- 10+
Longevity- 6
Projection- 9 at the beginning 7 overall

Overall score- 7.5

Anup
Anup

Another Bvlgari sales giant, Bvlgari Aqva marine carries the same body structure as his brother, yet comes off much more sunny and "beachy". I remember having a sampler of this about three years ago (it was mixed in with one of the many bags of samples my mother obtained for me), and i found it to be an olfactory thunderstorm!

As a kid, we always went to the beach at least ONCE a year, and this scent not only perfectly captures the sea and the sand, but, also capitalizes on the harsh woods of the boardwalk and the saline sweet air! I don't know why, but i never really cared much for Bvlgari Aqva, just this one...I'll have to give it another sniff. It boggles my mind that you can find 3.4oz testers of this online for around $35.00!

The top:

Crisp green neroli packs a punch upon first sniffing, a great way to wake up in the morning if you ask me. Very pungent and green, paired perfectly with tart dry lemon. Neroli-Lemon combo notes in the top are almost ALWAYS an indication of super smooth freshness.
After about 5-8 mins the lemon(not the neroli)tones down just a bit allowing you a proper peek into the heart and base before complete drydown.

The middle:

Alongside salty, murky oakmoss in execution-esque seaweed we have "water notes". These "notes" are obviously the aroma chemical "calone" a common synthetic used to imitate slight oceanic sweetness and ozonic humidity. I'd say that, YES Calone is overused, but, YES it is used correctly in this fragrance. Also, i would bet money that it is THIS aroma chemical that makes it smell instantly generic to some noses.

The base:

it's not CEDAR, it's sandalwood obviously. Paired with a dash of savory peppercorns!

I approve

Smell:9
Longevity: 8.5
Sillage: 8

This is one of those mass market perfumes that i quite like and don't know exactly why. It's pretty generic, usual and common but it has "something" fascinating. It has the classic "I already know this" feeling that you may have when you hear a really good pop song. You don't really like it, but if you ear it on the radio you don't change frquence...Woody and citrusy, acquatic, slightly salty, generic but well crafted.

I will probably never buy a FB as I'm pretty satisfied with a large decant, but if you're looking for a designer summer fragrance, you should definitely give Aqva Pour Homme Marine a chance.

Rating: 6.5/10

uchihatsubasa
uchihatsubasa

It is not that bad but it kind of makes me dizzy after around 4hours.

I wouldn't like this on a man. It smells like a "toilet stone". Very baaah.

grgfourtinas
grgfourtinas

Ok i have this one for about a month now. It is a true aquatic just like the original ! Now this is prfect for the summer time in thoose hot days!in the opening my nose gets citrus and rosemarry and a hint of the water note thats in store for the dry down. In the dry down i get citrus from the top a lil bit of the rosemarry and the water note (wich makes this frag. very nice)! in the base i get citrus with the seaweed. ALL in ALL this a good frag. for the summer (i live in greece by the way)i use it allot , slightly sweet and salty at the same time! the ladies really like this one ;), so thats a plus ! it projects for the first 2 1/2 hours then starts to get close to the skin , but lasts a good 6-7 hours ! TOTALY RECOMEND !

Akahina
Akahina

I will admit that I am not terribly experienced at reviewing fragrances or wearing fragrances, please bear that in mind. I have never worn fragrances and have recently started.

I have been hunting for a fresh summer scent and hoping for an aquatic, even though I have never really found one that I like. Most smell old, boring or don't last long. This one is an exception for me.

At first I get a smell of citrus and sweet flowers but that opens up to a watery clean smell. Certainly not overpowering, just clean and invigoration. After a while this watery sensation opens even more to a mild woodiness mixed with water that is divine. Like I said, I am not as expert as any of you here, but this is one fresh and invigorating scent. Lasts long enough for me at about 5-6 hours and if I want it to last longer I just give one more little spray.

_________________________________________

Update: After wearing this some more I am a bit more familiar with the changes that go on here. After the citrus blast calms down I get what must be the seaweed and Rosemary, some of the sharper smells in this along with a stronger water/ocean smell. To me, this is what sets this fragrance apart from so many other aqua scents, the sharper herbal and salt note that comes about after an hour or so. And then the cedar seems to come in slowly for the base. Of all the aquatic fragrances out there, this one I think is a more mature smell, totally appropriate for someone no longer in his 20s or even 30s.

Martyna
Martyna

For me this could easily be a unisex fragrance. If I had a bottle I probably would go through it relatively quickly, even though it isn't targeted at my gender.

Aqua Marine is very light and fresh. It feels quite 'wet' and makes me think of a cold sea breeze. I believe that the seaweed combinig with water note gives it a slightly salty tone. The grapefruit is not very strong on me and only provides an additional refreshing hint. The cedarwood sits rather quietly in the background but still adds to the composition with its woody aroma. There is a little bit of sweetness in this scent and I would have liked it even more if it wasn't there. It doesn't really scream at you or anything so this hint of sweetness doesn't harm but Aqua Marine would be even fresher and more aquatic without it.

Overall, this is a very nice fragrance, probably not groundbreaking, but still easy to like. Personally like it more than the original Aqua because it's fresher. Moderate sillage, and good longevity on my skin - at least 6 hours.

oxm
oxm

Who has not heard the sea on a shell? Who has not felt the backwash of the sea in it? If the shell from the sound of the sea, Aqua Marine is its perfume, bright and lively at the same time deep where the sea grass covers the seabed, and coastal sea around ale mature grapefruit.
Be classified among the masterpieces for a moment of eternity, nature is caught in a glass bottle.
Nature always alive.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Wow really good fragrance. it is light it is fresh it is relaxing it is soft and calm. Pleasant blend of aquatic and floral notes. very beautiful much better than the original one. it is not a unique fragrance there are lot of other fragrances similar to this available in the market but this one really stands out, maybe its my personal observation and likeness but yes i like it. can be worn both by men and women of any age as a casual wear.
I give it 8 out of 10.

Bright grapefruit, sweet blossom, and salty oceanic essence. This combination doesn't work well with me. It starts out light and fresh, but it becomes heavier and sweeter as it stays on. Then it becomes too much for me to wear, especially in an extremely hot and humid day. I just prefer an aquatic fragrance to be lighter and cleaner. I guess I'm still on the fence. I don't particularly care of this fragrance, but at the same time it's hard not to like.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Lets start by removing all fallacies. There is no fish smell here. When I think of fish, I think of spoiled, rank, musty. Neither of these apply to this fragrance. So lets discuss what this is.

Lets start with adjectives: bright, aromatic, sweet, sour, lively, eye popping. Those are the words which I would use to describe this scent. Why?

Initial spray is a burst of grapefuit and neroli! You get a sour citrus smell, which actually stays through the life of the fragrance. It does calm down, but not the sweetness, it stays throughout the scent and I believe that is due to the seaweed and cedar in the heart and in the base. So initial spray (and be careful this thing gets up and at you, it isn't something you should over-spray 5 would do you fine, 4 if you are going to be in really close quarters tops) gives you bright sour and sweet citrus.

As the scent beings to dry down a bit the watery notes, sea weed and rosemary (some richness and depth over many aquatics) begin to show up to the party but the sweetness of the grapefruit and the sourness of the neroli are still present. Around hour 6 I begins to get woodsy with the citrus still hanging on proving some sweetness. The water notes are there from the 1st hour on. It isn't fishy but more Lake like. I grew up on Lake Michigan and the smell of Silver Beach is what this reminds me of. So on a 10 scale:

Projection:10 it jumps off the skin and is very aromatic

Sillage: 9

Scent: 6-7, many aquatics share the same notes won't wow you

Versatility: 9, I think this can be worn on any occasion in warmer weather (I don't see wearing aquatics in the winter)

Value: 10, well worth the price if you don't pay retail.

Overall I give this a 8.5-9.0 but maybe a 9.5 if put up against aquatics. I live in Texas so it is warm 8-9 months out of the year so this fits perfectly with me. So far it is my favorite aquatic.

By the way, I don't know where the longevity problem is with this. I sprayed it on at 7:00 danced (sweating pretty good) until around 10:30 came home my wife smelled it as soon as I walked in the room (about 5 feet from the bed), took a shower and it was still on my neck. Sorry but I don't get the longevity problem with this one.

redrose
redrose

A fish smell???!!!! that is weird opinion......unfair. I think maybe is rather coming from a body chemistry and this fragrance mixed together.Some people must look long time to find the signature fragrance if they can smell fish in this one!!!God!It is sexy fragrance,fresh and pleasant. I can not detect fish what so ever. I am very picky and sensitive to fish smell. My husband is quite difficult to like any fragrances but he really enjoys this one.8/10

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

This one gets lost really quickly. Minor silage with zero substance. Unflattering in my book

twlahue
twlahue

Dill Pickles...

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

I don't know about the fish smellng; I don't think it smells life fish, but it has nothing to do with the original Bvlgari Aqva. I think since that one is a masterpiece, people expect to get something like the original but it lets them down, so they don't like this one. I think it is very synthetic. Although is is more refreshing and has more clean scent than Aqva, it is not better than the original version. Overall It is not that bad, you can put it in like category.

Xeen
Xeen

First impression is not too bad... But I smell like a fish after 1 hour, but I will give it a try. Gonna buy it this summer

MCMXCII
MCMXCII

All in all this is the freshest and absolute most juicy, clean, fresh fragrances Iv'e ever smelled in my life. This scent is potant yet subtle, It has a juicy like cucumber essence. It's a casual & formall scent. It wears amazingly. It's the type of fragrance you wear with friends out to lunch on a spring day. Or to a formal dinner party.

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

My signature scent used to be Aqua pour homme. After a while I grew REALLY tired of it. Alhough that and Aqua Marine have little association with each other, I find this to also be a bit sickening that lacks development. Sure, its first weeks with me were amazing but our love story was short-lived.

To me it's overly sweet, the sweetness found in cheap hard candy. Maybe a bit more of citrus notes, a dash of pepper, and woody notes would have made this perfect to be a signature fragrance.

rickyfreaky13

Anyway, i had gave it away to my friend few hours ago, because my boyfriend said that i smell like fish when i used this perfuem :O

rickyfreaky13

Feels like in the middle of ocean........ GREAT!!!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

The first spray is toxic, it's hard to breathe and chemically. It took 5-10 minutes to cool, then the drydown is fantastic. Sweet, aquatic and slightly citrusy. I decided at the time that the drydown was worth the initial suffocation. If you are to test, don't be too quick to reject it, I first smelt it at a store and hated it, then smelt it on a guy on the train and loved it. Spray on your arm and wait about 10 minutes before you decide.

If AQVA is the ocean; MARINE is a cool, clear body of fresh water. I consider the original one of the big three Aquatics, but this is a scent all its own; despite being named a 'flanker'. I enjoy all the Bvlgari scents a great deal, and this is no excepton...

According to Firmenich PR this is 'a smooth aquatic that unfolds slowly and is more a play of the light on the water's surface, than the deep mystery of the ocean portrayed by AQVA pour homme', and I'd have to say this is pretty much right on.

AQVA Marine begins with a great aroma: bittersweet orange blossom and a clear juicy grapefruit note. This results in a clean, smooth scent blended with a whisper smooth floral. Cool and relaxing, but invigorating; almost like a quick plunge in a cool pool on a hot summer day. As it unfolds, the rosemary flower adds a soft peppery herbal nuance to the watery grassiness of posidonia (a type of aquatic plant). There is also something slightly sweet and smooth in the heart, like a fresh green juice. The drydown of soft cedar needles and a mineral type of amber adds some saltiness with a nice bitterness, though it is balanced by the white cedar (subtler than the usual red or blue cedars). I get nothing stagnant or sour from this, on paper or skin-only a fresh, spicy/herbal citrus, a very smooth scent that works well in hot teperatures and right down to the end it refreshes and pleases.

Sillage: good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4/5

If Aqva was too deep, heavy or sour, you may enjoy this fresh twist on the original. I agree with the above classification here, as it is much more a citrus aromatic than an aromatic aquatic. Where the original was like diving into deep sea water, this is like floating on fresh water in the sun; and though it has a watery feel to it-it's more akin to AT the water than IN the water...one of the few scents I find clean and sexy.

guest_narigudo
guest_narigudo

não é uma obra-prima , mas tem seu charme . eu adorei a composição(sou louco por fragrâncias aquáticas). suavidade máxima , com projeção , sim , senhor . uma maravilha para os tórridos verões cariocas . a nota doce , bem sutil , no início , é quase um arrasa-quarteirão . "simplezinho" , mas "bunitinho".

sherry99
sherry99

Nothing special but good for sunny hot day.The dry down is to salty for me, still gets a few compliments ::D

guest_Bunny
guest_Bunny

This one is a keeper. I love it when my boyfriends gets a whiff of it and it lingers on me.

Dad jax
Dad jax

well it starts good then in an hour 45 mins it;s rusted and salty...The orignal virson is kool and my love...i prefer that ! THIS ONE IS FAILED !

giftedsoul
giftedsoul

Opening of this one is great,as if transported on to a sexy beach.But after 30 min its salty all the way.
I really feel that the opening note stayed an hour more.

longevity is no problem with all Bvlgari scents.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Extreme salt! Reminds me of a salty lake.

BIG
BIG

This would fit much better in the Woody Aromatic category. I wish it had a kick and something "marine" actually going on in there.

dalkiuyu
dalkiuyu

I love it so much, I bought it for my boyfriend. Fresh, aquatic, and invigorating. It's perfect.

Parthenope
Parthenope

i just bought it, i love the scent, fresh and sexy, i can't stop smelling myself. i love wearing men's perfume!

falovalo
falovalo

This is very nice, clean and fresh when it's straight from the bottle. Once it drys down though, it smells like seaweed or lake water. Kind of salty and briney.

Damani Code
Damani Code

This reminds me of the smell of the Pacific Ocean. It is the most pure aqua scent I have smelt and own. It's longevity is 16+ on me. It has a recognizable seaweed scent with salt water. It is perfect for 90 degree weather where you need water this reminds you to drink water lol!

piperis
piperis

this 1? oh god its so heaveannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn perfume,i touch the sky whit this 1 ,the mastep piece of agouatics perfumes

h3lov3sm3
h3lov3sm3

I am not a fan of Bvlgari, but I do absolutely love this one! I gave this to my boyfriend as a 100th day present. He usually spritzes on his chest just once or twice, but that's enough for the fragrance to waft through his bedroom. On an article of clothing, it does kind of have a saltiness to it. On his skin, it smells so refreshing and sensual. It lasts forever too because when I see him after he's done with work I can still smell it on him. Any time I smell Aqua Marine I am aroused. I think I have this fragrance to blame for him leaving for work with only moments to spare, or me ending up lying in his bed the whole day. I even spray it on myself before I leave his pad so I can be reminded of him.

guest_TH
guest_TH

Tes. I agree it is the best of aquatic.
BV aqua marine remind me about lagoon in pacific ocean and if you want something feeling like marine you'll never missed this.

guest_Art
guest_Art

Great fragrance,I feel like the sea in my Hometown when I smell it.....Oh good work Bvlgari.

snitchings
snitchings

@lbcdpgc2:
sorry this has no comparison whatsoever to dior homme sport in terms of smells, in terms of smell it may be fresh but this is extremely salty.

jimmywinters

I wore this one (Bvlgari Aqua Marine) a couple of days now and I started out really liking it. Now for some reason after a couple of days I dont like it as much. On a scale of 1-10 I started out about 9 and now I have it down to 6. Like I said before I am just getting into learning about colognes so I am a novice by far but I am learning. Some of my favorites are Curve and Ck-1 and Izod and I even like Polo although I know it is way different than the other ones. So what I think I am learning is that I like citrus colognes except for the Polo but for some reason the Aqva Marine started rubbing me the wrong way. Any ideas anyone, or suggestions on how a novice can learn more?

jimmywinters

I just became a member here yesterday and I only have about 10 different fragrance's. So I really am still learning and I went out tonight to buy Bvlgari Aqva and got Aqva Marine by accident. But turns out I really like it. I admit I am new to trying out different frangrances but I like aquatic smells, in fact I think it is close to the scent of nautica

sashenka
sashenka

I bought this by mistake, intending to buy the original Aqva. I tried both again to see if maybe I should in fact keep it, but I realize I really despise something about this...first, it's too feminine for a cologne, but too harsh for a woman's perfume - this doesn't make it "unisex" though, just useless to either gender. Then, yes, it's "aquatic" - but not like the romantic, natural open sea - more like chlorine in an indoor pool. Or aquarium salt...something about it feels artificial and bothers me.

jasonx

I do agree with bwcw81 about the original being much more interesting than this Marine. But I'm an aquatic hater so I think my opinion does not really count here. However, regarding the longevity, this one stays painfully long on my skin, like I try it on about 1pm and go hangout with my friends, it stays on and on until I get back home to wash it off at 10pm.

bwcw81
bwcw81

I have been looking around for the review and comparison for the original Aqva and Marine version.

I tried both and I can say that the Original Aqva works better for me, the opening is crisp and fresh, then very fast turned to a very intensify aromatic smell (very nice mature macho scent), it does bring our the deep blue water feel for me.

For marine, somehow I smell a bit "fishy" after the first note - fresh passed, I turned out feeling headache and it remind me the wet market and fish market.

Aqva last more than 4 hours and it has more depth and aromatic smell, but Marine last only less than 1 hour (very watery) on my skin.

My conclusion is: Original Aqva is much more better as the smell is more intensify and more depth than the Marine.

Update: Thanks for Bamacharm review, I read and like all your Bvlgari review, Bravo! My conclusion is just my finding and opinion, no means to condemn any other fragrance. Marine does smell too fresh until it give me headache (still the smell-fishy)! Aqva give me fresh and warm feel which I really like!

dooron
dooron

Starts off smelling citrusy then powdery, not at all aqua but after about an hour on me the powdery scent is replaced with a definite aqua scent. not an overpowering scent - subtle. Gotten great compliments from the ladies wearing this. I feel great when I smell this on me. Love this!

mariotgomez

This fragrance has a special place in my heart. I bought this fragrance in March 2008 before heading off to Hawaii for vacation. I love the saltiness of this aquatic scent mixed with one of my favorite note, grapefruit. Each time I or my partner wears this scent, it bring a big smile to my face. I think about the sea scent as we here walking the beaches of Waikiki. As mentioned before you can not go wrong with choosing something from the house of Bvlgari or something created by Jacques Cavallier.

I wear this fragrance because both the memories it brings up and the beautiful blend of the ingredients.

lillybee
lillybee

To guest_ : Your review is a product description for the fragrance appearing everywhere on the net. Here we discuss personal opinion and our own experience we have wearing the scent.

Bulgari Aqva Pour Homme Marine.

The scent is designed to evoke the natural freshness and vitality of the ocean, using ingredients such as neroli, grapefruit, white cedar wood and the aquatic plant posidonia, a key component of its Aqva Pour Homme predecessor.

periquito89
periquito89

The advertisement, that blue and green colors, the water and the cool bottle, those things are really tempting. But the fragrance itself doesn’t tell me much, specially on my skin. It’s different from Aqua di Gio and Essenza di Zegna, which are not my type of “aqua”. AdG and Essenza are similar, but while the first one is more flowery, Essenza seens to be more fruit (plus something that may be the cardamom, or amber). This Bvlgari is certainelly more on the “sea” side of the things, but to me it remains a little empty (or just too pure or clean), and recalls me smelling a raw fish (maybe salmon fillets) in a dish, with some spices around it, ready to lunch. I know people that really love this scent. But it just doesn’t work so well on me.

trang.nguyen
trang.nguyen

Somehow I think its smell is kinda "fishy," like there's the smell of raw fish in it. Very "aqua" for sure, but I don't know if I want to wear something that makes me smell like a fish.

dunatko
dunatko

it was a big hit last summer... really masculine smell - fresh... but there is something i really hate in it!!!

something very typical for this scent - and i smelled it at that time everywhere... :-(

but the bvlgaris have this "something" all! also in womens fragrances is something special what i dont like much...

I think it definetely doesn't smell like aqua die gio.. just because it's fresh...

I think this one is very special, havent's smelled something like this before..

I recommend Bvlgari Aqua marine, for going to the see or in the sun, on the see it smells fabulous. I didn't liked it before i was on a bout and wore it... SO PLEASANT!!!

lbcdpgc2
lbcdpgc2

It smells good from tester paper. It smells like Dior Homme Sport which I like.

guest_lincegsxr
guest_lincegsxr

Muy fresca.Nada pesada para llevar puesta todos los dias.Citrico, melon,... pero sin ser dulzona.
En verano no se como se comportara con el calor , quizas suba el aroma.

jasonx

This is Acqua Di Gio! Very déja vu! The longevity is great though because it stays on me for 8 hours now and I still can smell it.
With a retail price of $75 3.4oz (Macy's). This one is definitely not worth it.
If anyone want to go with this smell then Aqua Di Gio would be much better with the price of $69.50 3.4oz (Macy's). They are EXACTLY the same.
The bottle is cool though.

Eros
Eros

Comparing to "Aqva" this one is more spicy and more fresh-open.

asfa

this one its the master, the general the boss the ........ off all aguatic scents,remind me exotic island.I think the best one in all bulgary PERFUMES collection for man (i have them all and i now)

OdeKlotyo
OdeKlotyo

It was pointless to launch a flanker to the original Aqua which is currently a best-seller, and will remain so for the years to come. This juice was dissed by others, but IMHO it has the quality that the brand usually delivers. It's a stunningly close olfactory rendition of what I imagine "Cool Water" should smell like.
Yet, I have a strange feeling that Bulgari could have made a bigger splash had they launched exactly the same scent as Aqua Pour FEMME...Big time! Am I totally mad when I conceive a thing like that? I think that Aqua Marine is not too masculine for a feminine aquatic, which the Bulgari line still lacks sorely.

dancam86
dancam86

Whenever I put this on it transports me to a romantic summer evening in Margarita Island. I think that Mr. Jacques Cavallier must have been on a Caribbean island when he created this wonderful fragrance, so he captured the escense of this incredible wonder of nature: sexy, young, beautiful, hot, careless. It´s just perfect

asfa

this 1 its beter of agua and have 15 hours power in skin.i think its the best of all aguatic perfums

elaida_00
elaida_00

fresh at the begining ..sweet on the skin..very marine and good for summer days

star10
star10

unique and there is something salty in it that reminds me ooze.but who likes her boyfriend smell like a fresh fish from mud?!

lollynut
lollynut

OMG
It's perfect for summer day.
I smell grapefruit at first spray.
It's better than AQVA.
AQVA MARINE is very very aquatic.
Make me fresh for all day long.
I live in tropical country thats make me sweat all day.
Incridibly, I can smell base note on my skin.

4.5/5 STAR

ticalau
ticalau

This one i like it more than bvlgari aqua... it's mutch fresh and smell like sea, ocean on my skin... very aquatic! Great for every day. But the Bvlgari Aqua on my skin smell like fish or something like that... just... the notes are to deep on sea :)) . But this one it's mutch mutch greater ;) and it's a long lastig to!

dandy721
dandy721

Yes this is very good fragrance, with L'eau di issey for man acqua motu by comptoir sud pacifique and rem by reminesensce is the best marine fragrance

slipcat
slipcat

Very fresh, aquatic scent. I really like it. It lasts around 5 or so hours. Stronger than you might first think. Definitely a scent worth checking out. One of the best of the "aquatics" that I have found so far. I actually hate to recommend this one, because so few people wear it and I like being "one of the few".

mariotgomez

Many of my favorite fragrances are created by Jacques Cavallier (most of them being Bvlgari fragrances). If ever in doubt of what to wear, choose something from the Bvlgari collection. You can not go wrong. This fragrance I enjoy because of the grapefruit notes and mostly because I bought it before heading to Hawaii this last March 2008. So, I have many good memories connected to this scent.

curiousboi86
curiousboi86

Really nice fragrance, perfect for any time of the year, day or night.

Aqva Pour Homme Marine by Bvlgari 3.83 out of 5 based on 917 ratings and 175 user reviews

Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme Marine After Shave Emulsion 100ml 3.4oz
BVLGARI 'AQVA pour Homme Marine' Deluxe Set 134 Value
BVLGARI 'AQVA pour Homme Marine' Deluxe Set 134 Value One Size
BVLGARI 'AQVA pour Homme Marine' Deluxe Set 134 Value One Size
Gift Set 3.4oz
Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme Marine Coffret E au De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz Shampoo Shower Gel 150ml 5oz 2pcs
Gift Set 3.4oz
Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme Marine Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz Deodorant Stick 75g 2.7oz After Shave Emulsion 100ml 3.4oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme Marine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme Marine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqva Pour Homme Marine by Bvlgari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqva Pour Homme Marine by Bvlgari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.