Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

BLV Notte Pour Femme Bvlgari for women
dislike

vodka
cacao
BLV Notte Pour Femme Bvlgari for women Pictures BLV Notte Pour Femme Bvlgari for women Pictures BLV Notte Pour Femme Bvlgari for women Pictures BLV Notte Pour Femme Bvlgari for women Pictures

A sensual and mysterious scent of the night, BLV Notte Pour Femme is dark and impressive, sweet like the night as its main ingredients are sumptuous dark chocolate and intoxicating vodka.

BLV Notte opens with notes of fresh galanga, mandarin and bergamot; the heart unifies vodka, acacia, powdery iris and tobacco blossom; the base reveals dark chocolate, ginger and amber.

A scent of an unforgettable night with a taste of chocolate lingering on the skin. Creator of this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. It was created in 2004.

Galanga Ginger Mandarin Orange Anise Bergamot

Black locust iris Vodka Tobacco Blossom

Labdanum Sandalwood Amber Musk Dark Chocolate Incense

BLV Notte Pour Femme Fragrance Reviews

auroramaria
auroramaria

Notte is a very fine powdery fragrance which is very dear to me even though I haven't used it in a while.
It opens with a burst of vodka but soon mellows down to a soft chocolate note ending with amber getting quite powdery, at this point the scent stays more or less the same till the end of its journey very refined and subtle.
Notte is a very complimented scent very suitable for work environment as it's not too heavy and won't offende anyone and can be used even during summer since it's not cloying

antihero
antihero

I have had Notte for a while and am now revisiting it. I like this. This is powdery and sweet. It begins with vodka or some alcohol smell that is not sharp. Some spiciness and tobacco, powdery iris and incense. The drydown is a surprise of dark chocolate I didn't expect thinking I would smell it much sooner. Yes, there is a vodka and chocolate ending after all. Very nice. ( I have been sniffing this on my hand while writing this.) For such an interesting composition I have to change this to love.

Update: Notte feels soft on the skin, a layer, cashmere-like upon spraying. Also the dark choclate scent is more noticeable to me, not sweet, just dark chocolate and vodka. I am sad this has been discontinued, such a soft, luscious scent... .

Amazon60

As much as I had said smelled of gasoline I absolutely love this perfume and will buy it until it is no longer available. It has become my all time eccentric and wear it at night in the period called drifting off to dreamland.

polly golightly
polly golightly

iris vodka cioccolato. troppo sapone all'assestamento

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

I agree with you, Inamorata. This is a unique piece of creation by Bvlgari, which I adore. I usually buy my cosmetics and fragrances via Strawberrynet, but this one it is not listed, unfortunately. I hope they will get it soon. I have other opportunities for purchasing it, of course. I tried it, never bought this one so far. But I plan to do so, in a couple of months:)

Inamorata
Inamorata

For me, this fragrance is like an exquisite and precious piece of jewelry designed by Bvlgari. It is a luxurious fragrance, suitable, from my point of view, for evening wear only. It complements a precious look. I guess that my passion for dark chocolate is the reason I instantly fell in love with this perfume. I don not have it anymore, but I miss dearly wearing it.

pravda48
pravda48

Initial phase (40 mins): ALL the soapiest notes in this concoction come forward on me, unfortunately. I get loads of vodka (making it smell cheap to me), ginger & galanga, iris (lending a sort of baby-wipe scent as it sometimes does when combined with white musk etc), & bergamot. It's not very pleasant to me at this stage, but I tend to shy away from anything that reminds me of soap...

Will report back later in the day.

About 2.5 hours in: Faint wafts of something sweet but difficult to pin down are showing up. I could see it being cocoa, but 'dark chocolate' not so much. There's really no sweetness other than from the anise. Also sniffing up close here it has a pleasant iris powdery-softness to it. All initial strong traces of vodka, ginger, and bergamot are gone.

Summary: SPICY-FRESH, multi-faceted, but ultimately not quite my cup of tea. I will wear it a bit more in hopes of finding more chocolate ;)

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

had a tiny little splash bottle of this years ago and have been wanting it again. all i remember was super transparent dark chocolate and vodka. sounds like it would be gross, but it was very sheer and projected well.

i didn't think i could "get away with it" at the time, but the older i get, the less i give a crap whether i have a cohesive brand. hehehe

Update from October 2013:
I still think that this perfume is nice, but something I lack, to leave it on my love shelf. Yes, it smells fresh, clean and powdery, but I think vodka and incense make the perfume sharper, than I used to like

aqua76239
aqua76239

I found it at discount store rather cheap so decided to give it a try. definitely get citrus and vodka, but all too soon it cycles into middle notes into iris and tobacco(which together is little powdery but addition of ginger produces rather unisex feel).
I don't get chocolate at all in this which is too bad. My husband thought it smelled like men's cologne-its kind of true as it can be unisex. Its an interesting scent but I don't think its for me

Amazon60

I scored a full bottle on a blind buy at the local thrift. Didn't test it until I got home. Wham right out of the bottle smelled like gasoline, seriously. Not enough to wash off, perfumes are interesting. Hard to believe for a femme. Didn't last long on me and realize one that my dry skin will need to wear after serious moisture applied. Anyways tried it again last night and wham like being slapped by a grease monkey. Metal and gasoline and than in ten minutes pure joy Irises. I love iris and very, very, very hard to capture in my opinion. And the dry down was soft and Moody nice. Never did smell chocolate. I think vodka and civet equals the grease monkey and have decided willing to get smacked on occasion for the Iris. An odd perfume definitely winter and night pile in my stash.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

The opening of BLV Notte is sort of spicy in a wet and fresh way, with a pronounced mix of galanga, ginger and vodka, accompanied by a gentle citrus blend. After about 20 minutes, it then settles into a very vague, powdery sweetness, with the previous aquatic fresh spicy aspect in the background. So far, I can't detect any distinctive chocolate aroma. If it's really there, I'd say it contributes to the sweet powder effect.

The sillage is soft and its longevity is around 6 or 7 hours. I'm slightly disappointed as I'd expected a distinctive chocolate note in the drydown to contrast with the promising aquatic spicy galanga opening. At the same time, it's actually a versatile and inoffensive fragrance with a peculiar fresh spicy twist of galanga. Thanks to its softness, the powdery and sweet drydown is very gentle. It's a good aquatic and powdery fragrance, but I can't help thinking it could have been more remarkable if the concept was brought out to a further extent.

amelie
amelie

Bvlgari Notte can easily fool you. For me, Bvlgari are safe perfumes that I would gladly received as a gift. Perfect as a gift too, if you are not sure about someone's taste, except Au The Rouge. Nothing similar ever experienced, such a pitty it was dicontinued.
So, I wasn't expecting a surprise.
Notte is incredibly strong, longlasting, quite different from other Bvlgari. Don't overdo it, but enjoy few drops. Fall, Winter ... don't even try in other seasons.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

I received a bottle of Blv Notte as a gift. It seemed like a good idea...

If I had to choose just one word to describe my view of Blv, it would be confusing. Possibly, even annoying. It is a perfume that either wants to be all things to all wearers, or has no idea what to be at all. I've worn it numerous times, always around the house, because it simply wears on my nerves after a while, and I want to be able to wash it off or spray something else over it. It has elements of many things which I do like: incense, balminess, a spicy note (which smells like cardamom, something I love, although cardamom is not listed), and iris. It offsets these things, unfortunately, with things I don't love in perfume: vodka and chocolate; and with tobacco, which just seems really out of sync with the rest of the composition.

The initial phase is a push-pull of spice and faintly boozy weirdness. I'm pleased when it dies away, to be replaced by what is the best phase, the warming up of the resiny-balmy good bits, suffused with an iris character as well. At this point, I rather like it, although it has still these other facets that distract me and keep me from truly loving it. Eventually, a bit of sandalwood appears, nice but not especially distinctive. Then a funky chocolatey note comes out; I recognize it from the opening, where it was subsumed in "vodka" or whatever that sneezy booze note really is made of. I begin to think of cheap scented pipe tobacco or bad American mass-market chocolate. Then, the final olfactory blow for me: a weird, increasingly powdery note, queasily sweetish and chemical and most off-putting. The first time I wore Blv I was racking my brain to pin down what this phase reminded me of, and finally it came to me: disposable diapers! (It probably took me that long because my child wore cloth nappies; hence, it was a known but not very familiar scent.)

So for me, Blv is not a success. I don't care to smell of disposable, chemical-impregnated diapers. I also don't tend to like "food" notes in my perfumes, so the chocolate thing wasn't going to strike my fancy. I had Jo Malone's Blue Agave & Cacao previously, and I think as chocolate notes go, it's a much better version, though not very durable. While others may appreciate the "clean" or "soapy" perfumes, they aren't for me---I bathe to be clean and expect definite scent from my perfumes. I wonder if perhaps this might smell better on men, generally, for some reason.

I found the sillage to be quite light and the duration medium. It clings to fabric fairly well, and actually smells better to me that way. I get less of a sense of toxic- 'chocolate'- air-freshener-scented-nursery on clothing than I do on my skin...

Hrisi

I don't know how to describe how attracts me this scent! Many years ago, I first smelled it on my sister. Impressed me, but this time in my life I was not so fond of perfumes. A few weeks ago I accidentally came across it in a perfumery and my memories of this wonderful flavor is back in full force ... so elegant, exhilarating and attractive. I never liked the smell of incense. Here, however, love it. Perhaps the impurity of vodka, labdanum, iris and chocolate makes this perfume so delicate, feminine and at the same time unique and memorable. Although it is not at all intrusive people around me feel it and constantly comment how nice I smell.Yesterday morning, sprayed at 8 am, in the evening at 8 pm is still felt by others. I can not believe that I was depriving so many years of this treasure.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Yay another fantastic blind buy. I can't quite even describe this scent other then pure yummy. Warm and amazing. I don't find this masculinizing at all. It's just really really good.. I smell tobacco, chocolate, vodka but not overpowering. It's a great fall scent in my opinion and I would recommend this.

So let's talk about lasting power. Bvlgari has it. I sprayed it on mid day and by the next morning I could still smell it gently on my wrist. Now that's amazing as not many perfumes have the ability to do that.

lachifa
lachifa

I adore this perfume. The smell is something totally new to me I cant even explain it. I can surely tell you that it makes you feel classic and elegant. If you find this perfume, dont doubt it and get it.

gabri
gabri

It's a terrific scent, soft , powdery
and sensual. It makes me feel as I am wrapped in a warm cloud..I think I need a bigger bottle :o)

clancyann
clancyann

I got this as an extra in a swap (a few ml left in a purse spray), and I sprayed it on before reading the notes and reviews, so I had no predetermined expectations. It smelled very fresh, airy, and powdery as other reviewers have said, and even kind of had a green accord. It smells feminine to me. I'm wearing it in July in a very hot climate, and I don't feel like it's too heavy. I can imagine wearing it to work; it's not offensive at all. Now that I read all the posts here, I can kind of smell the chocolate, and I completely agree with another reviewer here that the chocolate is a lot like that in SJP Covet.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Ooooh la la... this fragrance starts out strong, like a men's fragrance - but quickly evolves into something very mezmerizing and enchanting. I feel that this has aphrodesiac potential (with the right chemistry, of course).

Overall Impression:
Upper market ingredients, this smells rich and sophisticated, it is blended with a lot of care and precision, but with artistry as well.

Notes:
Chocolate Baby Powder and a slight hint of almond-like booze; sultry, HOT, Sexy (the REAL DEAL... not like the Victoria's secret fragrances that brag about being Sexy, but smell like cotton candy).

This has a very "powdery" dry down, so this will either BE YOUR THING, or you won't like it. The strong "powder scent" didn't hit my chemistry until about 3 hours into it, but it is a strong enough impression where you will have to LOVE powdery smells to really enjoy this fragrance.

-------------

The first 10 minutes - is going on with such a deep chord that it smells almost like a men's cologne on me. Chemistry is everything, so I'll keep wearing it and see how this shapes up in a few hours. But the onset - is mid-strength but lower based chord, stepping into the men's fragrance zone... or at least uni-sex.

20 - 30 minutes into this fragrance, and this is becoming very enchanting and mezmerizing. This has an oooooh la la factor to it (sultry, sexy, mysterious, alluring, really draws you in with some type of covert carnal desire. This has the type of chemistry with my skin that borders on an aphrodesiac)... very similar to Tom Ford's Black Orchid or a much softer version of Narciso Rodriques for Her fragrance. This is in that lower alto or upper tenor range where I seem to receive the most compliments from men. I can see how this would be very appealing to men, it definitely has some type of draw to it that most men may find sexy and mysterious.

A couple of people say that they were seeking the chocolate resonance in the ingredient list. I can definitely smell that - and a slight hint of musk. On my skin, this is very similar to Narciso Rodrigues for Her - only Narciso for Her has a deeper chord of vetiver and musk and initially has more silage than this fragrance.

With my chemistry, this fragrance is wearing close to the skin. It is not leaping out with huge silage, so could be good to wear to an event with a tightly packed audience - such as to a theater event, crowded movie, night clubbing, etc... In this respect, this fragrance wears a lot like My Insolence, another fragrance that wears close to the skin and doesn't have a monstrous silage.

I can definitely see how people felt that this was a "sexy cologne" - it definitely has this sensual quality about it - and it is so dark and mysterious that I could see this fitting in with an evening fragrance. It is balmy. There is something about this that is alluring, dark, and hints at mystery.

Is this MY "signature fragrance"?... I love the way that this fragrance first sets up on my skin, but about 3 - 4 hours into the wear of this, it is going a bit too powdery on my skin. Keep in mind, I have very unique chemistry and some things do not work for me, that are great on other people. This started off so great, that I would definitely recommend for you to try. I think some people will love the dry down. But it is going too powdery, on me.

---------------

This smells very similar to Angel by Thierry Mugler for women and wears in the same family with Creed Love in Black and Mitsouko by Guerlain.

Tovah

For those of you wondering about "galanga"...it's "ginger". Galangal is the ginger plant, with leaves, flowers, and rhizomes. On me BLV Notte is nearly candy-sweet, and heavy with cocoa-vanilla-incense. There's a bit of fresh ginger root blended with Nicotiana in the drydown, but on my skin this smells like a Bailey's Martini made with Vanilla vodka. Great for a cold winter's night.

lolitababydoll
lolitababydoll

I have a 2.5 fl.oz 95% full bottle of this for swap, looking for anything from my want list of a similar size but open to suggestions.

suzannemi
suzannemi

This was a blind buy off ebay based on the notes and accords listed, most of which I shouldn't have a problem with; although, admittedly, never having experienced a "vodka" accord. wth?

However ... on application, it is too masculine and smells like a men's cologne on me right off the bat. Not knowing what galanga is supposed to smell like, I can only guess that maybe it and the vodka are a potent cocktail of unpleasantness for me. I can pick up powdery iris and the amber as it moves into drydown. I get no sweet; I get no dark chocolate/cocoa. Just ginger-spicy and powder for the most part.

It would be a refreshing, clean scent for a man, imo, but is a no-go for my chemistry. Regretable blind buy, for certain.

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

Yum! Bvlgari is always catching me off guard. I blind bought this off of eBay after I read the notes for it here and couldn't resist trying. What a gem. Notte is mysterious and unexpected. The notes mix beautifully. While it is a pretty powdery fragrance, there's something that keeps it from being normal or boring. Very rarely (if ever) do you find a fragrance that is capable of being soft AND bold at the same time. It's strange and it might not work for everyone, but if you get a chance to try it, you should!

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

Bvlgari gets me questioning my perfumista legitimacy because they consistently produce scents that I want to write-off as non-descript clubbing scents...but I just can't. There's something alluring in their blends that keeps bringing me back, nomatter how outwardly simple their blends might initially seem.

"BLV Notte" opens on a nice, fresh, fuzzy linen accord, that pulls in some berry and sheer woods. A chewy anise type note emerges, which I'm thinking might be the galanga/galangal. At this point, there's an indolic but sugary musk that emerges and I place this as a signature note in all Bvlgari scents, new and old; they always have that slightly ripe, yet clean, musk undertone to them. As "BLV Notte" wears, a slightly dusky chocolate note emerges but it's tempered by a fresh creaminess. The combination actually reminds me of classic, Italian almond shave soap and I can see how some consider this a unisex blend. With it's cool, sugary sweetness and hint of something that smells of fresh, night air and sweet leather, it almost reminds me of "Antico Caruso", a fragrance that referenced classic barbershop smells. I can almost associate that with "Notte".

I actually really like this scent...and I've liked it for a while. I want to write it off as another electric disco blend, I really, really do, with its inclusion of modern musks and heatlamp buzzing, sugary hotness (you know what I mean) but "Notte" still manages to smell special, while also being very accessible to mainstream noses. I can't imagine that anyone would have too much trouble wearing this in Public. The closer someone gets, the more special it smells. Sometimes, the challenge is in admitting that the bottles you look over for years because they seem too "safe" and mainstream, might have a combo in them that sings on your skin. Make it a resolution to check-out fragrances that you purposely pass over, time and time again.

trueblue19
trueblue19

I bought it blind years ago online as a bargain. I expected it to be seductive, unique and delicious cuz the ingredients looked interesting. However, it turned out to be something totally different. The vodka note smells almost inky. The chocolate, if there is any, is bitter with no sweetness. Iris here is overwhelming and suffocating. I don't get any ginger but lots of anise. The musk is thin and synthetic. On top of all these, tobacco only makes it worse. This smells like poor quality ink on 50 year old newspaper. I really couldn't find occasion to wear it so finally gave it to a friend who liked it. If you want to try something odd and unusual it might be for you but it's better to get a sample first.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I got this at a steal at TJ Maxx. It wasn't locked up there I got to sniff first, and also tried Thierry Mugler Womanity. One on each hand. I think I might go back for the TM. It has more of a lasting power than Notte Pour Femme. This on me, is powdery, feminine and boozy. It smells great on my skin, but my chemistry just eats it up. It has no lasting power whatsoever, it is very close to the skin. I do like it very much, but it's not up on my top 10 list, not even top 20 list. I read Whitney Houston wore this, so I was anxious to try and buy. I will use it, but I doubt I would ever buy it again. I do not think it is unisex as many do. But you know, everyone's chemistry is different. Try before you buy. I like it, I don't love it.

perfumebox
perfumebox

For something that contains vodka, tobacco blossom, chocolate and amber, this smells unexpectedly airy and powdery-clean. Then again, that's very typical of Bvlgari. I had been expecting something a little darker, lusher and richer.

I'd say the most dominant notes are the iris, tobacco flower (the very distinctive aromatic accord present in the entire BLV line) and musk. BLV Notte is NOT an intensified version of BLV, if you were hoping for such. It's actually a good deal airier and less sweet. The dark chocolate and amber add a bit of depth but not a whole lot of sugar, and the vodka and incense have ninimal impact on the composition. If you were hoping for a gourmand or oriental, look elsewhere.

I do love the uniqueness but I wish the darker notes in the scent were stronger and more assertive.

dkny27
dkny27

Yes, very unisex scent. At the opening I pick up a sweet, musky wood and a kick of anise, almost a little reminiscent of Jo Malone. It settles down into a powdery wood with iris. I really think that the chemistry of the person wearing this scent will determine if it will have a more masculine or feminine vibe. It is pleasing to the nose regardless. I could imagine passing someone in public, detecting this scent and thinking, "Mmmm, that smells good"!

hollycat

This perfume is completely unisex. In fact I think it leans more on the masculine side. Its balmy and cool. Reminds me of ice for some reason. Great for warm weather.

I dont pick up any kind of vodka accord, which is a good thing. But honestly, I dont see how vodka could be picked up as a note anyway. I never was able to smell vodka other than the pure alcohol smell that pinches your nose with its fumes.

What I do smell is an iris accord, with zingy ginger, chocolate, incense, and tobacco. Though its not a gourmand scent as one might think from some of the foody notes. To me this scent is fresh and chilly and quite masculine as I said.

I had a friend sniff my wrist while wearing my sample and she said, "dont you already have something like that"? And then I realized what she was talking about. Notte has a lot of similarity to Prada's infusion d'iris. Mainly due to the iris, incense, and balmy nature of d'iris. Although d'iris is softer, warmer, powdery, and more feminine to my nose. Notte is lacking that powdery accord that d'iris has.

I like Notte although I dont love it. It has something about it that doesnt appeal enough for me to want to wear it. And surprisingly, I think its because it smells too manly. Which is odd because I do love mens fragrances. A man could do this scent justice that I cannot, even tho I am a bit of a tomboy.

Great creation by Bvlgari tho.
Sillage: moderate
Longevity: Until I shower.

ojosverdes

Tried this in the heat of summer and found it suffocating. Today the weather is milder and felt like testing it again. This scent is warm and cozy and can be worn during the day. I agree that this is a unisex scent. I had purchased Kiehls Forest rain and ended it up giving it to my husband because with all the perfumes that I have I wasn't gonna give too much use. Forest rain is sweeter and more complex, however I find that there are some similarities towards the drydown between these two scents. Check it out since I think Forest rain is discontinued BLV Notte muight appeal to you.

Razzamatazz
Razzamatazz

A bit masculine(mainly because of the balmy notes to my nose) but with quite a charm. Definately a nighttime fragrance and also better suited for winter or just colder but not humid weather, not just for it's bold character but because it stays on longer and reveals all it's beauty.A quite strange still successful mix of intense notes that may seem to clash with each other but au contraire end up creating captivating scent.First, the surprise of the vodka splash along with the bitter sweetness of the dark chocolate, then the spicy kicks of ginger blended with myterious incense and tobbacco and in the end the musk and some lingering chocolate notes create a soft balmy effect.Edgy, magical,mysterious with good projection at the beginning, fading gradually to a more powdery-balmy comforting smell that ends up staying close to the skin.A scent that utterly captivates the bewitcing atmosphere of the night.

p.s when i think about this perfume i also think about midnight in paris,wish and angel.They share some notes with notte like chocolate,incense,musk,amber, bergamot and mandarin flower but most of all i think that they fall under the same concept.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I definitely find this unisex. There is almost no sweetness to my nose. The strongest note is the vodka, which comes across as rather bold and sharp. The iris is also prominent, bringing in a strong powdery accord. While I’m usually not a fan of powdery, I like the way it works here. It doesn’t evoke baby powder; instead, it comes across as somewhat seductive in combination with the strength of the vodka. I also get a piercing green sharpness throughout. Personally, I can't smell the chocolate, spices or incense. I like it, but I don’t know that I would wear it. Although I like boozy notes, this is just a little too alcoholic-smelling for me.

Goodfortune5758
Goodfortune5758

This is the one fragrance of the BLV collection that keeps me from saying I live the entire collection...It really doesn't smell bad in the bottle, but it turns into something awful on my skin. Maybe it would be better on a man? I actually gave this away- That's on the edge for me...I kcovet every bottle and will try to save them by concocting fragrances with othe smells on my shelf that might leave me disturbed or flat.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

It is classy and elegant, spicy, powdery and warm. It is alluring and reminds me of a warm hug; a hint of Avon Skin So Soft and Estee Lauder Sensuous. My only qualms is that I couldn't detect chocolate on my skin and the longevity could be improved.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

At first spray I smell a mixture of SJP Covet and Love's Baby Soft... perhaps it's the vodka and powdery florals that evoke this.

I thought it would be love at first sniff, considering al the notes involved which work very well on me, but the combo of all did not mesh with my chemistry and I'm left just a sweet, boozy powder and flowers. There is no chocolate at all for me. I thought at first I caught it in there somewhere, but then I realized it was just my imagination.

This falls flat to my nose and never truly develops from the opening into anything else. It just slowly fades until it is gone. Then again, this just might be a personal thing. I don't have much luck with this house as far as staying power.

But as Scorpiosheep pointed out, The Rouge, happens to be winner from Bvlgari. It works for me too, and I will just enjoy that one for now.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I had high hopes (???too high) for this based on the accords and notes listed. This was possibly going to be IT, with many of my favourite notes. And, indeed, the first 5 minutes were blissful, but then the whole thing went down the drain. The smell got very "jagged" or rough, almost like bleach! I couldn't even start to unravel the tangled knot of smells.

This is the umpteenth Bvlgari I have tried and I can't find a single one from this house that I would wear - there's is something they do to their perfumes which my skin doesn't like. It's purely personal.

No, I tell a lie. Their The Rouge (Red Tea) is blissful.

luxlover
luxlover

This is a fresher version of BLV in my opinion. I love BLV but I love BLV Notte better because it's fresh and wearable fragrance anytime. I lean towards powdery or "soapy" scents coz smelling clean is a must in my tropical climate. Anyways, I dont know where the chocolate smell is at all!! My nose is not picking it up. I can put my nose in a bag of M&M's and none of that chocolate smell is coming from BLV Notte, ha ha! Overall, this is a unique perfume (with chocolate whatever in its concoction) which is on the fresh side but not boring baby cologne at the same time. I'll repurchase!

fath1ma
fath1ma

Very spicy...intense chocolate and vodka ? :)The drydowns is soapy from sandalwood, smoky incense, warmth of ginger... That notes are noticeable each! One by one! For me, this is sensual! Deep and intense.. but not last enough, maybe 3 hours in my skin. It's very hot air in tropical land, everything dries easily..including perfumes. I guess this is suggested for night time or autumn.

dvbdvb
dvbdvb

a thing that define this fragrance, its a spray-able chocolate martini. maybe too bold for women, but suitable for men

kathy.chong king
kathy.chong king

it makes me feel comfortable but the smell went too fast.

StarMagix
StarMagix

I am really enjoying this scent! I wasn't too sure if I would like it, or not, and since I could not find a bottle to sample, well, I just came here, read what folks had to say, and took a plunge. It is not an easy find, nor is it an inexpensive fragrance, but it is well worth the money. I had to settle for a 1.35 oz. bottle since it was the largest I could find any place around town, but now that I know it smells divine, and goes with my body chem so great, I will be buying the larger size when I can find one. I am not so good at describing the notes, nor am I am drinker, so I do not recognize a vodka aroma, nor do I pick out any particular one scent. I do know what smells great together though, and however the notes are combined to make this scent, it is wonderful. I will be enjoying this fragrance for many weeks to come.

Aspendina
Aspendina

just bought this hoping for a blast of vodka, chocolate, ginger and really anything interesting and complex, how ever what I got was just a soft powdery scent from start to finish, and its so soft it not long lasting at all. Want to love this so bad, and I guess u could say it has a "baby smell" to it which is not bad but for me this smells exactly like how my lovely sweet little grandma smelt, and while I love and miss her dearly I don't think want to go around smelling like her. I love u grandma but I will be returning this :-( I give up on Bvlgari

Bebette
Bebette

This was a blind buy and honestly one I did NOT expect to like but it was so cheap I couldn't resist at least TRYING it. I have tested many Bvlgari's and had yet to find one I even kind of liked until this one. Love at first sniff? Yes!! And the second, and third, and now still after 2 hours at the gym! I have never smelled one quite like this. I am extremely picky when it comes to perfume and I am mesmerized to say the least. Perhaps it is my body chemistry but I don't pick up the citrus nor the "soapy" feel others have commented on, instead I get this... smooth, almost creamy spice with a hint of gourmand-something. It's really hard to describe exactly as it is so dimensional but those who say it could be unisex, I see where they get the idea, but I feel like it is too soft for a man and quite definitely a woman's fragrance. I couldn't be happier :)

ajl577
ajl577

I wanted to like this, I really did but I can't. Its too...plasticky powder chocolate and too...well Bvlgari. They should stay away from the sweets. I LOVE their other scents and appreciate all of them for what they are but this one was just not what it should have been for me. I thought with those notes it would've been a winner but instead its made me shy even further from any perfume with chocolate notes.

username101
username101

Chocolate, nutmeg with other notes creates a magical harmony with mystery.

acv43
acv43

At first sniff I got baby powder and booze... a solid meh for me.
However this fume is definitely worth a second chance. This is a powdery fragrance no doubt about that but the powder is not baby powder, no, this is "adult powder" if there was such a thing.

The powdery iris is soft and hangs close to the skin,for some reason this really reminds me of this thick fog that used to roll in off the ocean in the small town i grew up in along the rugged northern Californian coast. That specific fog always had a distinct tactile feel to it- the millions of tiny water droplets that settled on your skin when you walked through it made the air have a almost soft quality (I am struggling to describe this).

The chocolate lends a bit of rich sweet sultry-ness, there is also an almost savory note i sometimes detect that is quite interesting.This is one of those strange perfumes that if you smell directly (such as off you wrist) always smells the same, yet if smelled indirectly ( like catching a waft) can smell surprising different- i can sometime catch drifts of pure booze, men's cologne, or even nutmeg.

stelladoro
stelladoro

On me this is a watery, short lived fragrance that I've been trying to wear for years. And I still can't bring the scent to mind! Perhaps chocolate, vodka, ginger and galanga are to blame. Anyway, for me, no sillage, dissipates quickly, and no character. I've seen that there's a Blve Note II - I believe I will leave that one alone.

Marianna8
Marianna8

I've got it today!:)
mmm...I'm impressed. I think it's very nice, deep as it was said. I didn't smell the fragrance like that before, so it sounds quite unique to me.
I read about Notte some time ago and was thinking about this perfume for awhile. Couldn't forget the notes and was very curious. Finally I made myself purchase it blindly. My gf and I opened it immediately and first it did not impress us, but in few minutes..oh, it got much more interesting. I agree the smell is mysterious and luring. Don't put on too much. My husband was sneezing after I applied the perfume. Next time I'll go with 1-2 sprays (though it was so tempting to add some more today))))

OZ

It's very powdery and deep. I find it very classy and warm, not too sweet. On my skin, the scent reminds me of baby powder, very cute. My favourite fragrance.

ashyashy
ashyashy

This is absolutely the strongest perfume created by BVL. i bought it online due to the nice reviews I got and read from here. I didnt regret the blind buy and i almost used 1/3 of it for the past two months. I wore it when i went out at night, at first I didnt expect men would say it is sexy as it is very powdery and with a hint of vodka. yet, I always, always and always got guys saying "you smell so good" and wanna get close with me whenever I went out. Also, it smells strong yet expensive stuff, definitely good for winter and also you feel confident in yourself especially im sure there is a trail of smell follow by you if a breeze just blows pass your hair.. Ladies, you should get this in your closet!

AllieK
AllieK

The best descriptive word I can think of for BLV Notte is “nice.” Because it is, actually, very nice. It’s nothing super special as far as I’m concerned, but it is both comforting and comfortable. On my skin, it smells like powder (albeit a very “nice” powder) and not much more. I do at times get a hint of the chocolate note in the dry down (which I like very much), or at other times an overwhelming whiff of vodka (which I do not like at all).

Although Notte is indeed quite heavy, it wears very close to the skin, which tempers the heaviness, making it versatile and wearable. I’ve worn this to the office as well as for a night out, but my very favorite time to wear this is bedtime. It’s so peaceful that it lulls me right to sleep.

BLV Notte is a bit on the masculine side, but in a nice way – it’s like washing your hair with your girly shampoo, getting out of the shower, shaking on some baby powder, and then wearing your boyfriend’s oversized sweater that still smells faintly (very faintly) of his cologne.

The longevity is moderate, but respectable enough. Unfortunately it doesn’t really matter one way or the other because the sillage is basically nonexistent. In my opinion, it’s too subtle to be a night OUT fragrance, but for a night in, it's pretty....NICE.

lettyb76
lettyb76

I really liked the opening notes on my skin. Then, on the dry down, I smelled vodka. I wouldn't be able to pull off this perfume, considering I no longer drink.

lobke1
lobke1

Very special smell. It is indeed warm en cold en together it is very unique. It is not a light perfume, so I can't wear it every day. I never have smelt anything like this. I got more bvlgari perfumes and these is very outstanding.

kalios55
kalios55

Bvlgari Notte

The fume is intensively sweet and heavily smoky.
Just one spray .. Bvlgari Notte suffocated me like a super durable black plastic trash bag wrapping tighly around my head. It was as if the air suddenly became solidified and I had to fight .. just to breathe.

This is the second perfume from Bvlgari that physically triggers me to feel sick to my stomach. My mouth would salivate (as in morning sickness-like sensation), nausea and headache would also shortly follow.

I wish I could stand this scent long enough to describe all the notes but .. désolée. Bvlgari Notte is not for me.

BLV Eau de Parfum II Bvlgari for women is not as suffocating but it has the exact same effect on me.

:o(

Norgirl
Norgirl

This is a very nice fragrance. offcourse it is a Bvlgari , not very strong . grrr... to bad. Because this is so beautiful on my skin. chocolaty and powdery whit a hint off Cardamom , I know its not listed , but to me it smells slightly of it..
Love the way i feal when i wear this . Feminin, calm , warm , clean and ready for life. There is somthing realy comforting and calming in this . Maybe it is the powdery feal to it , It reminds me of a warm and comforting hug just when you nead it. the realese off stress and burden . That is the fealing this enwokes in me:)
This is more off a perfume for the fealings than any off my others so far..Just to bad they cant make this more lasting . I would have loved this to stick around and calm me all day whitout having to spray alot.

To the notes i will say that this is blended very well , -starts out very bozzy and alcoholic, but this is just the first minuts , then the iris and chocolate comes in and makes me smile . there is a very nice twizt off ginger and slight touch off anis , and bergamot +citrus. i love it . i may want a whole bottle off this one for christmas. so far i have abut 10 ml and thats not going to last long whit this new found love:) <3
Strange that i was so affraid to get this one untested , i was not shure at all if i could like it . but oh yes i do :)

nicolel
nicolel

Too aquatic for my tastes. Due to the reviews and the ingredient list, I was exepecting this to be sweeter on me. Very cold, watery scent, I do not get chocolate or vodka at all.

FINALLY a Bvlgari I actually like! I never knew chocolate covered marshmallows could make such a nice perfume.

Seriously, this is the most intriguing perfume I've bought in a long time. I love it, but it's strange. Imagine CHANEL No.5 with chocolate. Powdery iris, chocolate, and musk are very obvious on my skin. One moment I feel like I am smelling some kind of disgusting chocolate-scented baby wipe, and the next moment I feel like I'm wearing Thierry Mugler's latest gourmand masterpiece.

I disagree with comments that this perfume is the least bit masculine. It's a sweet powder puff and totally lacks any spice, woods, or anything else I would associate with a men's fragrance.

I do also (astonishingly) smell the vodka in here. Every now and again when I'm minding my own business, I suddenly catch a whiff of an open bottle of hard liquor, prompting me to look around--only to remind myself yet again that it's just my perfume.

UPDATE: I'm very surprised at how long this lasted on my skin. I could still smell it very well several hours after spraying. The drydown is mesmerizing. The gourmand notes settle down, and I am left with some very sweet, complex florals, and the scent is surprisingly elegant. It's a magnificent creation.

Tovah

Thankfully, I get none of the aquatic notes on my skin. I like aquatic scents very much, but watery notes would spoil this blend for me. On me, BLV Notte is definitely a night scent, and it's absolutely seductive. It comes on as heavy, silvery, powdery incense, like a siren call. Then it blindsides with icy vodka, and as it melts into skin, it rewards with dessert...pure dark chocolate. I love to wear it for a sultry aura when I'm in my spa on chilled winter nights. I've worn this for more than 10 years and I never tire of it. For me, it's the Shalimar of the 21st century.

Some of the reviews here make me wonder if TJ Maxx and other places are selling "stale" bottles of this. The older it gets (5+ years), the more powdery it gets, but that can't be helped. If you want to try this, definitely try to test it at Bvlgari or Saks or a reputable place that will have fresh bottles available. I almost "missed" some of the most gorgeous perfumes I've ever smelled (including Sublime!) because I got them cheap, well after their "peak" performance power. I'm always amazed at the difference in the notes and lasting power of fragrances that haven't been sitting around in hot, dusty warehouses. Honestly, I save money not buying fragrances I get a great "deal" on, because I rarely like them, and they always spoil so quickly. (No criticism or elitism intended, here, honestly trying to give good advice. I learned the hard way what a difference buying fresh can make and I comment with the goal of helping my fellow-sister fragrances lovers save their money for truly perfect fragrances.)

To naominose - definitely "Sharry Baby"!

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

Having never had much experience with anything Bvlgari (except for the original Omnia, which I went back and forth on for the longest time before settling on "yuck"), trying out Blv Notte was pure curiosity. In my local ULTA store they had a tester, so I put a few squirts on a strip and went about my business. The first ten to fifteen minutes of this fragrance, to me, reeked of men's deodorant and cleaning products. I was so disappointed. I stuck the tester strip in the cupholder of my car and drove home. After driving for a while, I noticed I felt very relaxed.....and what was that lovely scent I was smelling? No way! It can't be! How did the ugly Formula 409/Speed Stick junk I sprayed earlier turn into to a soft, clean, happy powdery masterpiece? I would've been sold right then and there, but it wasn't worth the horrific opening to get to the good part. I didn't want to have to put on my perfume half an hour before I could go around other people. Fast forward a couple months, I was in Ulta again. I missed the powdery soft dry down of Blv Notte, and I didn't have anywhere to be that day, so I braved another test squirt. The disgusting opening I had remembered as cleaning products, etc. had morphed into a citrusy, alcoholic scent.....much more pleasant than I remembered. And the drydown that I really loved seemed to come more quickly too. After this dramatically different experience of Blv Notte, I stumbled upon a bottle in a discount store at a good price, and it was mine. The dry down is still my favorite over the initial notes, but it has a magic calming quality to it. I won't call it sexy at all, or even unique (to my nose anyway), but it just smells so......good.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

**erroneously posted on the mens, posting now in its rightful spot, sorry about that***

I remember this perfume quite distinctly; the year was 2006. I was with a friend and it was around christmas time at the mall. She had me try this one. wow, I did like the smell, but 30 minutes later, headache that followed was quite grand scale!

It was something that I wouldn't forget nor want to repeat for many many years.

I smelled this some years later, and it caused a headache 30 minutes later, but not as bad as the first time. I do wonder whats in it thats causing it so , its a rare thing for perfume to do that to me.

So though I liked it I won't ever purchase because whatever is in it does not work well for me.

Abyss1001
Abyss1001

Did not care for this. Was a blind buy; lovely bottle but smelled to me like chocolate vodka. A little too "boozy" for me...

debgrae
debgrae

Softly spicy, simply special. Doesn't bother my allergies. Have to reapply during the day if YOU want to smell it on you. My sister smelled this on me when we were outside in the breeze and said "ohmygosh - what are you wearing"... she loved it... I love those breezes! :)

remas1
remas1

this scent too soft, feminine, powdery ,i like it

HelenFlowerz
HelenFlowerz

I've bought this perfume without any try and I didn't regret! Very special,sweet and warm. For winter ideal perfume. I love it!

yolanda.butler
yolanda.butler

I tried BLV Notte after a friend endorsed it. At first I was skeptical, since it is very powdery on the opening. I almost passed it up as the powder seemed to promise the onset of a migraine. However, about 10 minutes after the initial spray, the scent blossoms and becomes quite sophisticated. It reveals masculine notes of acacia/black lotus, tobacco blossom and vodka. Yet it is distinctively feminine with chords of chocolate, iris, bergamot, and mandarin orange. Base notes reveal sandalwood and amber as well as musk and incense. The scent lingers overnight and clings like fine silk lingerie. This one is undeniably unisex, even if unintended.

sofababe
sofababe

BLV Notte was a blind buy that went very very right. I bought it purely because of the spectacular reviews on Fragrantica and the amazing list of notes. I wasn't disappointed. Although Notte is very powdery I don't find it sweet, I would describe it as "cool", there is no warmth here, despite the chocolate and incense. Thank you Fragranticans for your wonderful inspiring reviews, without them I would have missed out on this gem.

naominose
naominose

I tend to dislike powdery fragrances: anything relating to baby powder, talc, or associated memories of a horrific vacation ruining migraine brought about by an elderly woman in a cornflower blue suit wearing way too much- and ANY is too much- Chantilly, on a plane.

It's true that the powder can be a bit overwhelming when it first hits your skin, but after the dry down the scent becomes pure Chocolate Orchid Sex. There is a particular Oncidium variety of orchid named "Sharry Baby," that this scent owes heavily to. It's missing that skin-like 'live' orchid component, but it's the closest I've found, so far, to that favorite. Like other reviewers, I also noticed a subtle yet sweet masculinity to it- like old pipe tobacco.

Dark and close, I think that the aptly named NOTTE, could be mistaken as "NAUGHTY." I do wish it lasted longer on me, but then, my date might never let us out of the house.

SheShe
SheShe

I like it, it's one of the best made by Bvlgari. I like ginger, tobacco, vodka and chocolate put here. People may be frightened by vodka in the scent, but it lasts shortly somewhere between top and heart notes. Orientality comes from ginger and chocolate :) It's a thick powdery scent, a strong one, with character, suitable day and night, good for cold days. Actually it's even one of a kind. I'm not a Notte lover, because I prefer Kenzo's Elephant and Tiger, but Notte is really interesting and well done.

OZ

Love it, it's sweet and cute. Remind me of baby powder somewhat yet very elegant and feminine.

cdz28
cdz28

I purchased this perfume and I instantly liked it. However, the next day I wore it to work and by the end of the day, I was wiping off whatever trace of the perfume I had on my skin. There's something about this perfume that just doesn't mix with the chemistry of my body. I think it was the vodka. Way too strong for my taste.

artsymom
artsymom

Can't figure this one out- a little overwhelming. Lots of powder and musk- I usually love musk, but somehow this one almost seems like too much mixed with the other notes. Maybe it's the vodka note I'm not loving. There is a hint of rubber and soap smell mixed in. I can't say I dislike it, but I don't love it.
Edit: Several hours later, just musk. That's what my skin chemistry tends to do, though.

zabica
zabica

This is a guy in a girl's clothes! I love it. Kinda tarty, on the dry, chocolate, alcoholic side. First impression - there's that alcoholic note, which lasts quite some time on my skin. Afterwards, I can smell a dry, woody, tobacco-y note, as well as the dark chocolate smell. Has great longevity on me, men adore it, although I thought it won't be liked by many. My mom accidentally discovered it in Italy, in 2004, and it has been part of the collection since. Great quality, thick and different!

wind83
wind83

this is my first blv..:). i love it. its a blind choice.
first i can smell a ginger and bergamot, and then a little soaply and powder iris.

and finally the vodka and chocolate. thats awesome.
its not for femme, i think blv notte its for unisex.
for men too its cool, deep, and mysterious.

i can imagine the man or woman, who wearing this at night, walking... and the smell its georgious.;)

darcy2
darcy2

I bought this blind at T.J. Maxx based on these reviews. I only paid $26 for it, and I am so glad I made the purchase. They only had a one bottle left. I ripped the box open in the car and sprayed away. This one is a keeper. I cannot detect a vodka top note, but I definitely got the a soft buttery iris and deep, dark chocolate...what an unusual combination! Fortunately, it has not dried down to anything remotely baby powderish or soapy on me, a very common issue I have with many fragrances. I am delighted with how this scent can be so rich and yet subtle at the same time. This is my new daytime favorite, 'notte' notwithstanding. I am so glad to have found something elegant. I am sick to death of fruity florals, on me, and everybody else.

honeysuckle77
honeysuckle77

Another TJ Maxx blind buy for me. I was actually looking for Omnia but found this instead. It has become one of my favorite perfumes and gets a LOT of time in my perfume rotation, especially in the colder months.

It starts out with an effervescent ginger note with powdery iris. The ginger note fades to the background and during the drydown, the chocolate and incense intensify. In warmer weather, the ginger is more prominent. It CAN get a little overwhelming in the heat. It's absolutely beautiful in cold weather. Where Omnia is warm and cozy, Blv Notte is cool. Both have their place in my wardrobe but Blv Notte will always be a favorite.

PerfumedPrincess
PerfumedPrincess

Can I say that I love BLV Notte? On me it's mostly orris, a touch of the vodka, ginger, chocolate and tobbaco. YUM!! I don't get much powder in the fragrance at all, another plus for me. I love how it's seductively sultry and rather fresh and light at the same time.

I agree with other reviewers that find this fragrance unisex. I do have to say that it is similar to Black, but without the leather note. I love them both. Long lasting, great sillage, complex and inviting. More suited to special occasions and romantic nights. Rating 9 out of 10.

twillocks
twillocks

OMG this is absolutely crazy good. I love it. Hubby probably won't (he doesn't like powdery scents) But I don't care this is wonderfullllllllllll

Angelfreak4
Angelfreak4

I tried on the tester of this fragrance and loved it. I bought it along with the body lotion some months later. I wore it off and on (more off) for the summer season, then I got tired of it. Probably too much of one ingredient which I can't put my nose on. I still like it, though.

gem5656
gem5656

This is my oriental perfume, and it is very satisfying...very rich and full, but in a very discreet way. It has medium sillage on me. It's a bit more luscious if you wear it in the heat of the summer, and when worn in the winter, it is more crisp and stays closer to the skin. I love it and my husband likes it the best....on me....I mean...:)

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

I don't smell chocolate, or vodka, or any of the other nice things that are supposed to be in this. I get basically clean, warm powder, perhaps like grown-up baby powder. I can still smell it on my clothes the next day. Nice, but not special.

However, this drives my boyfriend to acts of madness, and he's not much given to scents driving him wild like that. He can hardly tell one perfume from another, but he always knows when I'm wearing this one.

Lazaro
Lazaro

un perfume increiblemente delisioso...me recuerda desde el primer momentos ha talco de bebe y colonia de viletas cubanas...Delicioso para una salida romantica y tambien para la hora de dormir!

treenhe
treenhe

my absolute favourite. i'm not very good at separating the different elements but i love the sharp notes at the beginning and the powdery quality later on. it was love at first sniff. the majority of bvlgari's scents and i have a very good relationship...they just seem to suit my peppery skin. love the iris and the tobacco. very baby powder but very sexy. it screams night time fragrance to me but i can't help wearing it at any time for any occasion and it never seems out of place. delicious!

olga1780
olga1780

Lovely! I don't smell any alcohol at all, but the powderiness reminds me of Shalimar drydown.
The staying power sucks though....seems like it's the problem with most of Bvlgari fragrances. You would think that for the original price tag it should stay on for at least 4-5 hours.

ngreeny
ngreeny

I like quite a few perfumes from Bvlgari's line and so far this one is my favorite. It's linear and stays close to the skin, but it smells divine and lasts at least 4-5 hours on me.

Unlike other reviewers I can't smell any of the top or middle notes, so on me it's not boozy at all. What I do get is the orris and dark chocolate plus some very faint woody notes and that's how it stays.

Like I said the longevity on my skin is good and what makes it even longer-lasting (plus it's an awesome combination) is layering it with Fresh's Hesperides. Notte itself can get a little boring after a while, but the great layering combos you make with it makes it a must have in my wardrobe.

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

Today I tested it and I`m dissapointed.The name of the parfume and the brand sounds respecting,but this scent totally doesn`t.First-lasting power is not just weak,there is no lasting power on my skin,maybe 20-30mins and gone after that.Second-in the begininng smells like men parfume and after 3-4 mins transformate to some kind a baby powder.I won`t recommend it to anyone.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

I spritz this exactly 2 hours ago. Where is the scent? I wish for a confuse BUTTON. I have no idea of the scents of the notes I'm suppose to pick up accept something is there but not clear enough for me to know. THERE THAT'S CONFUSION! Bottle- nice, Color-nice, Bvlgari- nice- NOTTE- not sure:)

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

we meet again senor morillas, and if i may say so avec tout mon plaisir!
this scent open with vodka and dark chocolate...thankfully the vodka disipitates and i'm left with pure dark chocolate and a pinch of baby powder...the perfect nemesis for each other..the angel and the devil, the sin and innocence.....and you last my sexy notte....oh how you wrap me full of sultry promises all over my skin and yes girls, you will smell this dark beauty (so appropriately named notte) on your cashmere sweater the next day....a desire that will not fade when the morning comes.....cus dark chocolate is never out of style ; P

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

Not that great. WAY too powdery. It really smells like baby powder and made me a little nauseous some times.. The scent stays close to the skin and is better worn in colder weather. I did liked the ginger note, but it faded quickly. Definitely a try before you buy.

personagrata
personagrata

As much as i like the "bulgari" feeling and the perfumes of this house, for their noble character, i have a problem concerning the longevity and power. I really like this one, it reminds a little bit of "addiction dior" whithout the sickening sweetness and with a bit of a masculin-aty on it..maybe its the ginger and the vodka that gives a unique character. I think blu notte is sexy but not out loud sexy, but sexy in an "Hygiene" character.i find that this perfume could also be a blu morning, for a girl in a more "Dramatic" look, like myself.I like the bottle, with its deep blu. i wish there was a body lotion to go with.I can not go only for the perfume, i am sure that after an hour, its gonna faint

saprophilous
saprophilous

My first impression on this scent is that when I first tried it there was this reaction that "wow" it was extremely elegant and interesting, however after some moments the scent becomes muddled into a deep "powdery" kind of scent... which, though I can't see myself wearing.. I could definitely see in a cold wintery situation suiting very very well. Definitely a shadowy and lulling kind of fragrance that describes comfort and luxury.

ojosverdes

Tried this at TJ Maxx. I was hoping for something extra ordinary. I sprayed it walked around and all I got was soap. I like soap but I already have other soapy scents, the staying power was not that great on me. Will like to try again since my most beloved scents were not love at first sniff.

Unusual, odd, strange, unique, bizarre, yes, it's true what the other reviewers have said: Bvlgari BLV NOTTE is all of the above--and more! This composition really is one of a kind, yes, in the way that SJP COVET is. BLV NOTTE, too, defies categorization and combines chocolate with an unexpected array of aromatic notes. If I were forced to select a category, I'd have to call this an aromatic oriental fougère, but even that would be misleading. BLV NOTTE is downright eccentric.

Do I like it? Well, yes, I guess I do. I find it not exactly beautiful but totally fascinating. BLV NOTTE is both masculine and feminine without being either. It combines aromatic, gourmand and oriental components with green and floral notes. There is so much sheer complexity here that I find myself studying this composition as I wear it, trying to wrap my nose around it, but never quite catching up, as the individual notes come and go and wax and wane in utterly unpredictable ways.

Near the end, a strong KENZO-oid baby powder/clean diaper base emerges, but it is much more appealing here, thanks to the admixture of incense. I wonder whether Morillas got in trouble for using a FLOWER building block for a Bvlgari commission... seems a bit like submitting a big chunk of text in term papers for two different classes. (-: Or maybe that's a bad analogy here, since the note in question is basically a Demeter-like facsimile of clean diapers, and diapers long pre-dated Morillas' involvement in perfumery.

Anyway, I bought this blind, and I have no idea why, but I am glad that I did because this composition is totally unique. I cannot truly say that I love BLV NOTTE, but I respect its deviant nature and will continue to explore its undulating twists and turns.

Micot
Micot

Although its named "Notte", I wear this daytime 4 out of 7days. I Loooove this scent!!! My boyfriend loves this as well, wears femme and he is pertty happy about how he smells :D It does smell really nice on men too.
it stays many hours on my skin.
I will keep buying BLV Notte bottle as long as they exist.

MDWake8
MDWake8

One of the few fragrances containing chocolate that isn't overly sweet. Unfortunately, it seems to fade on the skin quickly. It would have been nice to see an extreme version launched shortly after, but they recently have moved the focus to lighter versions.

guest_debob
guest_debob

Something about this reminds me of SJP Covet. I think its the minty scent with the dark chocolate. This seems to be more a "watery green" scent. Oh, I made a new category. I like the very first review, comparing it to a riverside at nightime.

ksarolim
ksarolim

Anitarosal, yo me apunto!!! siempre he querido tener este perfume. si todavia lo tienes y lo quieres regalar yo te lo acepto!

adele l
adele l

this is very much a comfy winter pajamas scent for me- i catch a little vodka in the opening which quietly subsides into a lovely powder scent- so i guess the iris predominates on my skin. it's not challenging at all and very soft and pretty.
the bottle is heavy and downright beautiful!

scentous
scentous

it is like coke without gas at the beginning, sweet..but during drydown it stays close to skin and becomes flowery soapy..staying power is moderate..not very unique, may be an everyday scent, safe not overpowering..

anitarosal
anitarosal

Lo recibí de alguien que obviamente, no me conoce mucho. En cuanto destapé el frasco mi impresión fue:Talco para bebé mezclado con vodka. Nunca percibí el chocolate. No va para nada con mi piel, en mí huele a anciana. Me sorprende ver tantas buenas opiniones.No es mi caso. Nunca lo usaré, deseo regalarlo. Quién se apunta? No acepto devoluciones.

filiz

Really masculen but also feminen at the same time.ı mean this fragrance is hot, slim girl in a pair of blue jeans and wearing a white shirt with long and sexy hair.
I think the galangal factor and the ginger compositon makes this scent very unusual.
at first sniff maybe a little bit smokey,but by the time flower smell appears and then the all chocolate and musk smell settle down on the skin which in a very delicious way.

Casi
Casi

Breathtaking! BLV Notte Pour Femme is nothing short of exquisite perfection in an elegant, streamlined bottle! This intoxicating blend of demure flowers and spices make magic on my skin. Notte opens with a fascinating cocktail of icy, expensive vodka, spicy Galanga and Ginger. The dark chocolate note in this is divine and rich. The overall composition is a bit powdery, softly sweet, sparkling clean and rich. This is the most unusual perfume that I have ever encountered. Notte is incredibly feminine, smooth, long lasting and sensual. Notte is quite powerful, but never cloying. Wearing this makes me feel so beautiful and elegant. I can almost feel cool, sparkling diamonds adorning my neck, ears and wrists. I am so enamoured that I can easily see this becoming my number one. In all honesty, I would trade most of my collection for this one! Could it be that I have finally found my "signature scent?"

filiz

this scent could be wearable any season and any occasion.it represents bvlgari elegance indeed.Although it is a little bit masculen really really hot scent. but I think the only problem is lasting performance... kinna weak....

Floritica64
Floritica64

BVLGARI is da'bomb and then some! Definitely my favorite line of fragrances, never disappoints.

mandashell
mandashell

This perfume definately gives off an icy yet crisp vibe. I envision my self wearing this while skiing in the Alps. LOL! It is kind of odd but I like it plus it manages to smell unique. Could also easily pass for a unisex scent. Overall it's a powdery chocolate, vodka drenched vanilla that wears seemingly close to the skin and has a good lasting power.

angelyna
angelyna

Very powdery vanilla on me. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, because I like it. Kind of reminds me of Cerruti 1881, in the way that the smell develops on the same way on my skin.

hollycat

Ok now the dry down settled in and I can see why a lot of people talk about the powdery smell. Its not bad but I wouldnt buy this its too similar to Omnia, only Omnia smells so much better and more complex on me.

hollycat

very spicy on me. I get a lot of ginger. To me its very similar to Omnia except with a little less warth. Its a fabulous scent. I would love to get this for the summer.

lucifera
lucifera

hmm it was a bit masculine/babypowdry'ish indeed..not my style

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I definitely got vodka and cocoa powder for the first 5-10 minutes. On me, these were the top notes. Then I experienced a couple hours of extremely potent "baby powder", which I thought I would be able to handle...but I just couldn't. By the afternoon, I had to wash it off.

belissena
belissena

This perfume is the best choice for summer nights. It's deep, mysterious, seductive but subtle and in a certain way fresh at the same time. It's also quite unusual, it doesn't remind me any other fragrance.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

BLV Notte Pour Femme has an interesting top set. I thought I was smelling some type of men's cologne at first--just a lighter version. I noticed something herbal mixed with ginger, and the slightest bit of anise (though if I hadn't been looking for it, I probably would have only paid attention to the herbal note). However, the little bit of anise that I smelled disappeared as quickly as it arrived. The middle notes make their entrance in less than 5 minutes on me. I don't recognize a note in here, but the iris is very light, and is probably what's keeping the rest of this fragrance light. It's powdery, yet fresh at the same time. I don't get any vodka at all, but I can sniff out something...smokey? Nothing like Habinita...but rather a faint incense in the background that plays more of a supporting role. Barely noticeable if you can see through the powdery fresh veil. In the drydown, I smell the musk, amber, & a barely-there woodsy note...along with the powdery fresh aroma from before. The incense is still faint, but there. Unfortunately, I didn't get ANY chocolate---which I was very much looking forward to smelling. It's pleasant enough. Starts out a little on the masculine side, but dries down to a stronger feminine counterpart. I bet I could wear this after a shower and feel clean for hours. A nice, not-too-sweet, powdery fresh fragrance that's not for anyone with a sweet tooth.

I'm a fan of BLV pour homme.so I search for the familiar smelling in a perfume for women and this is very similar!
as the matter of fact it starts differently.at the first sniff I smell something exactly like "mint" which is cool,but not fruity.
I agree with some reviewers.it's a bit soapy at the same time.
if you give it some time,you can feel exactly BLV smelling,which is mysterious,dark and yet very feminine.in fact I smell something like violet too and of course ginger and tobacco blossom are there.
I should find the other BLV versions and try them to see which one is the best.

Malegria
Malegria

I recieved it through a swap and I a very happy with it. My encounters with BN in the malls were brief and I could not feel the whole beauty of this scent, but now, wrapped in it, I can fully appreciate it. Ginger, vodka, a tiny pinch of licorice, locust, chocolate..Very yummy! In a way, it reminded me Hanae Mori`s Butterflies, this sweet powdery notes are very close to it. But BN is more sophisticated, it has a twist to it.
I feel incense in the base, and - hooray! - the tobacco flowers.

Lilybee found a good word combination for it - "night-river freshness".

luz
luz

This is my favorite Bvlgari fragrance. I love wearing it, it makes me feel good. Bvlgari Notte is pleasant and elegant, and soft enough to office wear: has good staying power and isn't overly sweet. This is the kind of non-offensive fragrance almost everyone can like, but is also very distinguished. I love the combination between chocolate and vodka, and the smooth dry down. I get many compliments wearing this one. Great scent !!!

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

I love the chocolate note of this fragrance. I bought it without trying. I really love it and I think it is better for night events. It doesn't smell cheap. I love the warm and seductive feelings that it brings out. It's lovely.

ktv0926
ktv0926

One definitely has to get used to this fragrance, it is weird and bizarre. I couldn't decide for a while - is it bothering me? Is there too much of a masculine nature in this scent?
I know for sure - I like it a lot after half an hour, middle notes are delightful as well as the dry down. As for the opening notes - I'm still not sure. The resemblance with a man aftershave doesn't attract me.

UPDATE: Finally I bought a bottle and I'm simply in LOVE with BLV Notte now! I'm getting addicted to it more and more))

Yana
Yana

The frag is very unusual. The begining of vodka&chocolate is strange for the first time, but after a while it turns into very warm and plesant scent. But the big plus of this perfume is it's trail!!! It has the best notes only in warm weather, it shows all its beauty. It's of good quality and taste, but not for everyone. Sometimes it seems to me that it's mixture of BLV and Omnia(1st).

Lubaska
Lubaska

This fragrance is for me personally unique, sophisticated, very attractive - in short, delicacy among my fragrances. Maybe some women dont like it, but something in it attracted me enormous, so I could not resist. Once I tried it with my friend in the store at wrists, then I have to sniff my wrist all day long. The combination of vodka and chocolate and other notes is interesting. I think it's fragrance for special occasions, I dont use it in the summer time nor for casual wear to work. In my small collection Notte is one of "top".

sharyssa
sharyssa

this is watery and it does smell powdery and it doesn't smell like a good quality fragrance I was disappointed with this perfume and when it dried down it smelled like rancid musk.I really wanted a bvlgari perfume for my collection but I guess I picked the wrong one! I tried the red rouge one too and didn't like it either! Can someone suggest a good strong scented bvlgari scent please?

autumn93
autumn93

I can BARELY smell this at all, like fresh tap water with a bit of soap in it. My daughter says it smells "like baby powder."

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I've been wearing this for over an hour now. I immiediately smelled the vodka & ginger, but the chocolate has yet to make an appearance...that disappoints me, as that was one of the reasons I bought this scent. Maybe in the dry-down? Right now I can detect the iris, amber, and dominating powdery notes.

This is not very strong; I chose it specifically for work because it's as inoffensive as you can get, at least in my opinion. I'm curious to see how long it lasts. I definitely agree with most that this is a winter scent.

First try was aquatic chocolate. That's weird and just wrong. Second try, I put a little more on and got the vodka, chocolate, ginger notes. Muuuuch better. It's not that different from Black however, and since I already have a lovely full bottle of Black, I won't be buying this one anytime soon.

KJanicki
KJanicki

I love Omnia, it's my favourite winter comfort scent. I wonder if the ginger and mandarin in the top notes of Notte might make the open similar? I am going to get a sample of this to try for sure.

vtothek
vtothek

I've never flip flopped on liking and disliking a scent as much as I have with this one. I was thinking of buying it for a while and just couldn't make up my mind. The top notes are odd, very bold and bright, and somewhat unpleasant. When it dries down though, it's a very chocolatey smell. I don't smell too many florals in it, really only the gourmand part. Turns a little powdery when it dries, and the chocolate powder smell makes it interesting. I eventually decided not to buy it, as it's much too odd for wearing a lot. Definately not an every day scent, but still worth checking out, you might like it.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

Blv Notte is mysterious, feminine & deep.

The vodka is immediately apparent to me, & gives it a fresh water scent (like other posters have noticed). The ginger & galanga mix perfectly to give it a subtle sweet fragrance & the chocolate is the icing on the cake.

Don't let these notes scare you away. Blv Notte is not strong. It has great staying power on my skin & lasts all day. I get whiffs of it during the day.

This one is definitely sophisticated & fresh.

Blv & Blv Notte are two very special scents. Bvlgari have done a fantastic job at creating these exquisite fragrances!

Aysu
Aysu

Well in this perfume I never smell amber, vodka, or chocolate.. I only feel something flowery, ginger and musk.. Then in the dry down it is TOO MUCH powdery and more and more musky. I was expecting a darker and mysterious perfume, but it was too light for me. Purchased online without trying as Bvlgari fragrances never failed to amaze me but this one was disappointment for me.

xexe
xexe

Its V E R Y unusual for me, too bright I should say. But fits perfect for my mom. By the way, I never smell vodka in this fragrant complex.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Bvlgari never ceases to amaze me :) BLV Notte is enchanting and mystic, now my favorite Bvlgari but unfortunately the one Bvlgari that seems to lack good staying power. The smell is cold, distant, and almost uninviting because it's not one of those warm and comforting perfumes - it's fizzy and alcoholic and as Lillybee mentioned, like cold water. BLV Notte's personality is independent. I get mostly the vodka and ginger note, with a hint of chocolate and bergamot, a very interesting mix. I also find it to be very masculine. It is sexy, though I have to be in the right mood to wear this one.

lillybee
lillybee

Blv Notte opens with the citrusy odour of cool water accented with camphor that conjures up images of the riverside at nighttime when the gently flowing water gives out its intoxicating cool freshness to its surroundings.

This night-river freshness is then mixed with a heavier iris middle note and galangal, which give the fragrance a lovely spicy and oriental feel. It makes me think of having bathed with luxury iris soap.

The base is also soapy, the galangal being the most dominating note. I also detect powdery amber and woody tones which give it a more grounded feel as well as softness.

The powder weaves across the scent like a veil and clings to every note. Blv Notte is an unusual, almost unisex fragrance that has an alluring and mysterious charater, a rare find.

BLV Notte Pour Femme by Bvlgari 4.01 out of 5 based on 716 ratings and 130 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bvlgari BLV Notte Pour Femme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bvlgari BLV Notte Pour Femme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify BLV Notte Pour Femme by Bvlgari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of BLV Notte Pour Femme by Bvlgari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.