Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

BLV Notte Pour Homme Bvlgari for men
dislike

cacao
BLV Notte Pour Homme Bvlgari for men Pictures

Masculine, but gentle at the same time, oriental woody fragrance with dark chocolade accord in its base leaving a delicate and intimate trail on the skin. The elegant lady-killer scent; women just fall for chocolate. A lush blend of galangal, tobacco blossom, dark chocolate and ginger- the same composition found in BLV Notte Pour Femme, while the masculinity is accentuated with spices and woody notes. This quietly intimate and gently sweet fragrance was created by Alberto Morillas in 2004.

Galanga Oak Tree Lavender Dark Chocolate Tobacco Blossom Mint Neroli Anise Cedar Bergamot Pomegranate Cardamom Tobacco blossom

BLV Pour Homme

BLV Notte Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Is it discontinued? I see the prices at over 50 bucks for the 1.7 oz bottle. This and BPH have been staples in my collection for the past 6 or 7 years. Their is really no other scent to compare it to as I have never tried BLV. The chocolate is balanced well in which it is not cloying and overdone. While being a chocolate scent the lavender adds a freshness to it. The tobacco is light as well as the cedar to add some depth. I think it can be worn year round and enjoyable to ladies as well. Very long lasting scent with high silage. Remarkable stuff here from a respected perfumer and a great looking bottle!

GaryG
GaryG

This fragrance smells great on my skin. After the dry down there is a strong resemblance to Versace Pour Homme which is one of my favs. Longevity is excellent: I sprayed it on 14 hours ago and can still smell some on my shirt. This fragrance does not change on me over time. I will likely use this as a go-to frag. Great stuff!

jtfolden
jtfolden

I was given a bottle of this when I was running low on the original BLV, which remains one of my favorite colognes.

While they are both very close and Notte still smells powdery and elegant, it's sweeter and warmer. Also, where the original was clean and airy, I find this one warmer somehow and ever so slightly heavy or cloying. Perhaps it is the dark chocolate note? (The candy-like sweetness in A*Men makes me want to grab the soap after a short while, for example).

Notte is a mostly linear scent, just like the original, and once it settles down on your skin, what you smell is what you get. I don't think the longevity is quite as good but I'll have to wear it a few more times to be sure.

Where I found BLV to be very flexible, I'm less likely to wear this one during the day. I might also prefer it for Fall where the warmth and sweetness could shine, as opposed to Winter and Spring for BLV.

Vawallpa
Vawallpa

For me this scent will always have a place within my heart. I do not know why but it always invokes nostalgia of when I was young and I saw a train for the first time at a train station. This seems bizarre as this scent was released 15 years later than that event in time. There may have been someone with a similar scent, or just that I associate this smell with a train station (but in a good way). Nevertheless, BLV Notte Pour Homme is a darker, more superior version of the original, apart from the longevity and sillage are a bit lacking. It is versatile and smooth. 7/10 but only for the disappointing sillage.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I've never smelt anything closer to the scent of moonlight...

Bravo, Sr. Morillas!

Vetiver. Why is it that I smell vetiver most-strongly and no-one else seems to? I'm either a lunatic or perceptive- and it's a fine, fine line between the two.

Longevity: 70F 18-20 hours
Sillage: 2-3'

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

I love this fragrance on my husband! It is understated but certainly, and perhaps because of it being understated, unforgettable as a fragrance for men! Agreed, it is for a mature man.

emjot
emjot

Great, just great!!! Strong and heavy but awesome!!!

anindo.hossain
anindo.hossain

Its mostly like tobacco . I can't smell chocolate.

rvilchisq
rvilchisq

I have the bottle. Very male and mature scent.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

I can´t remember why I bought this. But I did, a few years ago.. And I´ve worn it at first. But than I started to smell something different. Something that just don´t fit to me.
It might be a good fragrance, but not for me. Perhaps it´s just to common.

Edit:
I can´t smell chocolate nore tobacco nore cedar. I smell a fresh aquatic scent with mint, anis, bergamot, lavender but blended in a way that I can hardly tell them apart (which would be good, if only I could like the perfume).. The cardamom may be there, may be not, I´m kind of anosmic to cardamom in fragrances.

naipe
naipe

One of the most strange and beautiful perfumes I've ever tested

I think the ingredients are wrong I cant smell chocolate or tobacco but incense and sandalwood
For the age over25

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is good for casual use in Spring & Summer

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

I absolutely love this on my husband, but it's strong at first with charcol and tobacco. The drydown is amazing...oh, the drydown is sexy and muted and sweet but dusty. Yum. Tried wearing this myself once, but it just wasn't right, even though I wear many perfumes marketed for men. This one is exactly right for my man and a bit too manly for me. I'll enjoy it vicariously.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Wafts in and out of tobacco flowers and chocolate. Starts off with a nice ginger, cardomom fragrance. Ideal for the Office. It is very subtle, powdery in the dry down. It is a tame fragrance and quite close to the skin but it lasts all day even through the tameness. I can't smell it on myself but a few fragrance mad girls in the office said I smelled so nice from am to pm.
A work scent most definately.

soulflwr
soulflwr

I smell mostly tobacco flower in this blv. For me there's no chocolate, maybe a tiny bit of lavender and cardamom, but if you aren't looking for those notes all you'll really smell is tobacco flower.

It also smells a bit antiseptic to me. I get the basic structure that connects the femme and homme version, but the homme version is either lacking something or has something extra in it that takes away it's personality. When I first sprayed it, my initial mental image was of a hospital, literally.

I wouldn't qualify this one as unisex, because I wouldn't recommend it for women. I think men wear it better.

Accords:
Woody
Powdery
Fresh
(in that order)

jared.maeteo
jared.maeteo

Amazing scent that goes on for such a long time. Slight scent of floral but mostly chocolate and a hint of liquor.

bananabowie
bananabowie

This is my favorite scent EVER! All my friends say they LOVE this scent on me. I would say even if it is for the night, it works for the day. It is very settle and androgynous ! <3

But the weird thing is, I got this scent the first time as a sample bottle, and it smelled beautiful, but the next time I bought the actual thing, for some reason the scent was not strong, it was almost gone!
I don't know what this reason is, maybe because I kept the sample one longer then sprayed it later on? Idk :( But I will get another one sometime soon and hopefully it smells like the first one I got @_@

Molko
Molko

Oh, this fragrance is f@in' gorgeous:) Very fresh and clean like a soap, absolutely unisex, fresh/cold, soapy smell on women skin also, it can be wear in every time, yammy.

Update: this creation is not so long lasting unfortunately :( The projection is also poor, I want more & more from this, but not enough neither If I flush the full bottle:/

xxdoniellexx
xxdoniellexx

Absolutely hate this fragrance! My boyfriend where's it occasionally and i make him change his clothes because i hate it that much... Smells like spicy old man and cigars, just gross!!

cu
cu

The long story - I had pretty high expectations for this one it was my first BLV. I sprayed it on and I smelled nothing. I thought I had bought a dud. then about 10 minutes it finally exploded on my skin, guess it needed to settle on my skin before it went to work? I was expecting the chocolate or the berries but I don't get any of that, just powder. I could tell without looking at the stats on the site that this is better suited for colder nights, the powder stuff usually is on me. It's not an 'everyday wear' kind of scent, you will get bored of it fast if you do. If you live in a cold area and go to events that prefer you dress semi formal/formal then look into testing this out. It's still a masculine scent, but only by so much and is better suited for men in the 30+ age range. I can't imagine many teens would find this scent appealing, much less attractive. As for me, I'll keep it around but I probably won't buy a second one and if my siblings/friends ever asked me for it or even so much as ask me ABOUT it I'd just give it them.

The short story - Basically, Burberry Brit without the rose. So it has less of the girly/baby powder scent to it. (anyone that has tried Burberry Brit will know what I'm talking about)

mmh6352
mmh6352

Mysterious, gentle, musculine well combined.

gchant
gchant

Very intense long-lasting scent, I don't spray anything on my clothes and I certainly wouldn't reccommend spraying this on your clothes; it lasts forever and is distinctly nocturnal - an awkward combination. I seldom use my bottle but it is my go to whenever I want to stand out from the crowd of armanis,versaces, and burberries. Perfect for bars.

Cassiano
Cassiano

BLV Notte is a mistery to me. I saw too many notes in its composition as oak tree, lavender, mint, neroli, anise, pomegranate, etc. but I didn’t feel many of them! To me this scent is just:
Top notes: oak tree, chocolate and galanga
Heart: cedar, bergamot and cardamom
Base notes: Sandalwood and tobacco

This fragrance is very similar to BLV Pour Homme. However, it is more creamy and warm than the other. I think the dark chocolate should be in its base notes, not in the top.

-The result: a soft creamy scent, that remains completely linear on my skin, almost not changing through the hours.
-The sensation of the smell: an elegant and comfortable aroma with a hint of powdery baby cologne.
- The lasting power: good lasting on my skin (less than BLV Pour Homme) with a median projection, which I believe it is a kind of characteristic in Bvlgari colognes.

IMO it’s good for cold weather but I don’t think I will buy another one.

alfreal
alfreal

Great for night time. Has it's own class. Dry down is a bit powdery but still good to catch ones attention.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I really enjoy wearing this fragrance. After reading these reviews, I thought it would just smell like bvlgari blv with maybe some gourmand sweetness added to it. I was wrong. It has similarities with blv, but not that pungent ginger/fresh smell and I don't even think it's very sweet. It's spicy and subtle, with powdery/incensy vibes to it. Very elegant and classy imo. I think that blv for the day and blv notte for the night could be a wise choice for anyone's signature scents. They are both ideally spring/summer fragrances but could easily be worn in any season. The longevity on it is good, very good on clothes. The projection is the same. I would definitely recommend it. 4 sprays tops of this stuff because it can be very cloying.

Piney
Piney

This is one of my fav perfumes bec it stays long specially on the clothes. It smells fresh and powdery. Very pleasant. People always ask what my scent is when I use this. Perfect, mwah!

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I did not like this cologne at all. I wanted to like it and even tried to like it but in the end I had to give it away to someone in the hopes that they wouldn't dislike it as much as I did. For me, it was too strong and overpowering of a scent. Overtly masculine as well which is not my thing. I like scents that tend to be a little more light and fresh. When I wore this cologne it gave me a headache and made me feel nauseated. This is just too pungent. I definitely wouldn't wear this again. Not my kind of fragrance at all!

Redpula
Redpula

I just bought 50ml of this hard to find frag. Though I have a lot of body odor and manly spices in my skin (hahaha kidding), but hey, I dont smell body odor in this perfume not even in areas where I sprayed it. so this perfume doesn't smell like a body odor at all.
Its not as powdery as I thought it was based on reading reviews here. It is a quiet gentleman after shower cocoa burst of pleasure that is ideal for evening, formal and intimate date wear and cold places. I bet women will find this yummy in a man. But the dry down scent is not impressive for me. Longevity is weak as well. I like the top and the heart notes. I dont smell much chocolate over dry down. Why?
I guess my body odors are coming strong, powerful and is better than Notte pour homme dry down. Why? coz my body odor is an ultimate, a proven yummy sensual mouth watering hit your nose with utmost divine aroma of heaven and addiction.. That is my edible yummy body odor hahaha, coz i always use Thierry Mugler Angel for Men and Women too :)

bp
bp

This perfume smells like powder makeup. But in the right direction.
Its projection and longevity are excellent.
This is another of the great creations of Mr. Morillas.
Each time I am most delighted with the scents of Bvlgari.
Great job.

evilspin
evilspin

Yeah I was gonna say to the lady that said she smelled like armpit to her hubby, that fragrances smell completely different on a mans PH. But then I saw she wrote a second review saying the fragrance smells different and better on her husband. I don't think this is even good on women. Some male fragrances work well on women (bvlgari black, eau de cartier, un jardin by hermes, Dior Homme, Angel by T.Mugler, L'homme YSL, Le Male by JPG, etc). More so the unisex ones.

D_D_T_L_V
D_D_T_L_V

I prefer this to the women's Notte. I like the ginger/glangal thing here, it's wonderfully zingy. The women's notte is too heavy on the Orris for me, and it's too somniac, sleepy. Ginger and choclate it is, then. :)

smritivsingh
smritivsingh

It's time for an accurate review. I bought this cologne for my hubby. I don't care about the notes. I care about the overall final fragrence which in BLV Notte's case I really love. It is a night time fragrence or you can call it a date night fragrence. 2 sprays on him and I am ready to melt in his arms :p

Every cologne or perfume has a certain vibe to it. This has an incredibly sexy and magnetic vibe to it. I've seen other women giving my husband compliments in front of me and one of them even made me write the name of this cologne on a seperate piece of paper. But as always not every cologne is for everyone. I know this one is for my husband.. it suits him ..I like it too ..:)

edited again on 6th oct,2012 --- my husband has received another bottle of this from me... I was in USA for vacation and he'd called me to get this one fo rhim again ..It is his NIGHT TIME scent...

Hollie
Hollie

Bummed.Stupidly, I bought this blindly...simply going off of review but settled for the men's as the women's wasn't available ( I'm a woman) Everything I read said that they were very similar and I tend to gravitate towards unisex fragrances anyway. My initial impression is bug spray....it's not terrible but that's what I think of and wasn't what I was hoping for. It's very sweet for a man's scent but something sharp and overly soapy stabs at my nostrils.I smell NO chocolate, maybe some tobacco. Gave my hubby a hug when he got home and he said I smelled like an armpit....nice. I know it wasn't me as....well...I just know....I was wearing this stuff. After he mentioned it,I agree, it does smell like a men's sweet, hot and sticky deoderant on me. Not really what I dream of smelling like. I also found out that my local Ross does not take returns on perfume! They also won't let you smell before you buy so again...bummer.I own Black and Omnia and adore. I've seen people mention trades here....how's that take place?

****2nd review: So.....I put this on my husband the next day and it is a completely different story. It smells delicious on him..mmmmm. He said that he smelled black licorice in the beginning....and I have to agree....it's a sort of "medicinal" smell. There's something very fresh and watery about this scent as well. Like taking a deep breath of cool air right before plunging into chilly waters. I don't smell any chocolate and it's not as sweet on him as it was on me. It's not too strong of a scent so it's really nice as he doesn't tend to wear perfume because they can often be overpowering on men if not done right.I should have purchased Pour Femme but I have yet to smell it either.

BRH
BRH

Wow, this stuff is really awful. I love some powdery scents, like Le Male, but Blv Notte smells like some kind of feminine deodorant product. Seriously. I know fragrances are subjective, and I'm sure some love it, but it's definitely not for me. It really isn't what I would call fresh at all (more, old-man spicy), and there is no hint of any kind of sweetness at all. (smells like old spice mixed with baby powder and body odor). I don't get any chocolate or hint of sweetness out of this at all.

This certainly seems to be targeted at a very mature, older audience. (50 plus) It's definitely not for me & I would not recommend this as a blind buy at all. I picked it up cheaply at Ross's & it's going back tomorrow.

janotte
janotte

I own this one. And I disagree with anyone who says that it does not last long. Put some on your clothes and you can still smell it one week later even longer than that.

Apply to underarm and I still smell it the next morning. On other parts of body you can get 7 hours and more.

Those who claim to dislike it are only parroting the words of that cologne reviewer on youtube.

A very romantic scent. You dont wear bvlgari notte everyday and dont wear it if you are casually dressed.

Definitely a between the sheets fragrance. A bottle of this will always be in my little collection

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

A chocolaty soapy powdery.Strange smell to me.
It's synthetic and not well balanced.
If u wanna wear it,choose a night time in fall and winter time.

Notes / scent: 5
Longevity / sillage: 4.5
Overall / subjective feelings: 5
Description: Outstanding. Notes change several times during scent's life - woody, chocolate, sweet, but all equally fascinating. The scent could be just a bit long lasting.

AdamB

I don't like to rate scents I don't own them. But, are notes of BLV Notte (in particular first ones) almost the same like CerrutiSi? IMHO, similarity is just overwhelming.
P.S. Why do some people want to assess the smell after a few splash in a hurry in perfumery??!! What is worthy of such an opinion?

Stefan
Stefan

I found myself wishing that the smell would sway one way or the other. Sweet or clean fresh. It stayed in the middle by the time it was gone. Nothing really stood out here like Pour Homme does. My girlfriend is Asian and she likes the Pour Homme. This isn't their best, but it is Winter now.

lovescully
lovescully

This really is a very gentle fragrance. It's quite different from other oriental woody scents, but it's not very long lasting, nor does it have great sillage.

It's sweet and sort of creamy, but I don't get much in the way of spicyness coming through. Maybe just a hint of cedar and cardamom in the drydown.

It's nice, but recommended for intimate winter evenings only.

andy
andy

faint sweet drydown with chocolate like A'men but nothing special........this ones not very good and its a bit sweet and pungent and short lasting

raverdudes
raverdudes

Definitely one of my favorites from the house of Bvlgari, followed by BLV, Eau Parfumée Au Thé Vert and Bvlgari Pour Homme. It's a sweet fragrance, very classy, not overpowering at all, very easy to like and very intimate. Everyone in the office loves it when I wear this. Highly recommendable if you like sweet soft fragrances.

abhijit15
abhijit15

i bought it today its very good but i dont find chocolate .at start top notes tobbaco with stronge lavender and then smell cadamon slightly.i will definatly recomand it

guest_Panda
guest_Panda

Blv Notte has easily become the most beautiful perfumes I've ever worn. The top notes of tobacco and chocolate just whisper in the ladies ears: "here comes a sexy man". I've gotten so many "You smell good" compliments!!! And my girlfriend absolutely loves it. I'm starting to think it has aphrodisiac tendencies. I've bought two bottles, and I think I'm getting another one sometime soon.
Sexy, confident, masculine...
Bvlgari BLV Notte.

vdxl

A nice oriental, different than the original blv, even if sweeter it is more appropriate even for warmer weather than the original one, as it is more smooth and less spicy. I do get the dark chocolate note mixed with some aromatic notes and lavender that suggest a "vodka" note and I absolutely like it. Lasting power is good, but not enough for an oriental fragrance. Anyway, this is forgivable due to the lovely gourmand smell that is sophisticated and does not scream: "This is a candy shop. Here you have all the sweets you need and don't need. Eat them all!". Nedless to say the chocolate aroma it is a perfume, not a flavouring.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this is an elegant upper class fragrance. very nice

lillybee
lillybee

To guest_ : Your review is a product description for the fragrance appearing everywhere on the net. Here we discuss personal opinion and our own experience we have wearing the scent.

vdxl

A softer Blv and closer to the skin. It smells like dark chocolate and rich woods, without too much accent on the chocolate side. A nice scent for the evening indeed.

Dry chocolate and ginger with very slight woody feeling. Nice. When compared to pour Femme, this is much nicer, being much less sweet. Makes Femme smell like cotton candy. Very nice indeed.

orbicon
orbicon

I love this fragrance for winter and cold nights. It is a very heavy and complex oriental; too heavy for summer. I love the layers of tobacco and chocolate mingling with cardamom and wood notes. This is a cool weather favorite.

asfa
asfa

its ONLY NICE NOTHINK MORE,no like it more that original BLV ,i think its the worst one of all bulgary pefumes

piotrek
piotrek

I use it in winter, it's perfect for cold days in Poland. First it's too sharp for me, but after half hour it becomes into warm oriental fragrance with notes of dark chocolate, spices, wood and tabacco flower. It's long lasting, but all the time fragrance is close to me.

fqjcior
fqjcior

I would call it "night beauty" or "silent night" (oops!). It is full of quiet ginger with hint of chocolade and tobacco flower. It ends with the subtle wenge notes. It is very easy to wear and quite long lasting but the sillage is not big. BLU NOTTE is close to your skin scent, discreet and not complicated. It doesn't scream "Here I am!". It rather whispers. My first sniff was like "bleeee", "what is that"? I felt some disturbing salty note during the first one hour. But then it became very warm and nice, very comfortable. Anyway - good blind buy :-)

leomat2008
leomat2008

I bought one without test and I couldn´t use it. It´s very strong for hot climas like Brasil, (where I live)even at cool nights... I gave it away.
Now I know BLV and think it´s so much apropriate for me.

ticalau
ticalau

I test this one, a couple of times... and I do like this one mutch more then bvlgari blv! This is more powerful and on top notes a little bit more sweet... but sexy ;) . The base notes r just great... masculin,sexy and passional! Love it!

afraafra
afraafra

Reminds me of YSL's JAZZ, with smell of dark chocolate in the background quite enjoyable not an aquatic for sure.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

If you are in the mood to wear a fragrance that works for any occasion pick a Bvlgari fragrance. Also anytime I wear one of my Bvlgari fragrance, I always get complements.

This fragrance gives me the image of a person eating bits of high quality dark chocolate with lavender while drinking Earl Grey Tea (bergamot).

BLV Notte Pour Homme by Bvlgari 3.66 out of 5 based on 246 ratings and 58 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bvlgari BLV Notte Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bvlgari BLV Notte Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify BLV Notte Pour Homme by Bvlgari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of BLV Notte Pour Homme by Bvlgari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.