Designers » B » Woody Spicy « Groups

BLV Pour Homme Bvlgari for men
dislike

I have it: 626 I had it: 418 I want it: 195 My signature: 14

BLV Pour Homme Bvlgari for men Pictures BLV Pour Homme Bvlgari for men Pictures

Attractive and seductive, this masculine Eau de Toilette was built on contrasts that blend together in a perfect harmony. BLV pour Homme is fresh, woody-spicy fragrance. Ginger, as a main note in both BLV pour Femme and BLV pour Homme, is harmonized with the velvety and silkier note of tobacco blossom. The fresh and spicy beginning with cardamom and sandalwood gradually evolves into the lovely blend of ginger, juniper and galanga. The base is warm and woody due to ginkgo, grey teak and tobacco flower. It was created by Alberto Morillas in 2001.

Cardamom Sandalwood

Juniper Ginger Galanga

Teak Wood Tobacco blossom Green Leaves

BLV Notte Pour Homme

BLV Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Yaniv84
Yaniv84

A very sweet and woody scent, not for warm weather, definitely for daily use, I like it very much :)
The longevity is quite good, even after a couple of hours i still smell it on myself.
I bought it for about 40 bucks and for that amount of money it was worth it.

MSL
MSL

Fresh and clean, this scent brings me to two things: (a) lemon peel; (b) 'Dior Homme Sport' *before* the redesign. Ginger here is very intense. I believe it is more advantageous to purchase the DHS or the 'Allure Blanche' ('Chanel').

soned
soned

Sometimes, for deep sleep, I cook a tea, or kind of. Milk, ginger pieces after removing skin, a cinnamon stick, clove and a drop of vanilla. Boil it and stir it, filter it, and drink it and.....have a nice and deep sleep. I wonder what Alberto Morillas will do with ESE ingredients on a cologne.

My point is, I am very used to ginger. And BLV....is soft spicy ginger done perfectly. Just like my tea, but not that aromatic.

After an hour, it becomes soapy, but soft, and at the end, velvety tobacco flower.

Clean, fresh, soapy.....and very, very elegant. Lasts all day on me. Perfect scent, nothing else to say.

sandi tri
sandi tri

Perfume bvlgari paling enak. Segar banget. Cocok buat 1st scent

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Loved this one on my husband, fresh, classy, lasting, but just got a new bottle, smells little different. Did anybody noticed reformulation?

Dr.Scrotes
Dr.Scrotes

When first sprayed on it smells like Aerogard ( Aussies will know what I mean ).

Gets a little better in a few mins after the alcohol dissipates, but it still smells like insect repellent.
I like it though, for weird reasons I cannot explain.

Do NOT blind buy this.

RUDOLFO512

BLV is one my favorites from the Bvlgari line. To me it smells fresh and clean. The ginger comes in first and the dry down is tobacco with a tinge of sandalwood. It is fantastic for the South Florida heat and the projection is great. Longevity is 7-8 hours on me. I get compliments every time I wear it. Beautiful!

X-hot
X-hot

Wangi yang menyegarkan terasa seperti habis mandi.

leohbarros
leohbarros

Hoy tuve el agrado de probar esta fragancia de la casa italiana Bvlgari, fresca, masculina, revisé algunos comentarios que decian que era como una crema Nivea , puede ser pero vaya que es rica Nivea entonces, buena proyección y hasta longevidad en mi piel, creo que la compraré a futuro

lovetribe
lovetribe

how can you not love this masterpiece? starts fresh, soft and gentle. and then soap,soap,soap!!!! i love it.

robertodoi
robertodoi

I tested it on paper and the smell reminds me of Salvador Dali Laguna pour homme !!

jtfolden
jtfolden

This was my first exposure to a Bvlgari cologne, given to me as a birthday present a couple of Decembers ago.

At first inhale, I was unsure what to make of it… not feminine, imo, but not a typical “man scent” either. It’s quite unique. I quickly grew to love it and went through the bulk of a 1oz bottle fairly quickly.

Clean, airy, extremely powdery, elegant, subtle. It is fresh yet not citrus and, perhaps, romantic but not outright sexy. I believe it’s much softer and quite a bit less woody or spicy than the notes on this page would suggest. The ginger component was obvious once I knew to look for it but otherwise I think all the notes work together to create one smooth, harmonious experience.

It seems like a mostly linear scent and once it settles down on your skin, what you smell is mostly what you get. This easily lasts 8 hours on me and can linger much longer as a skin scent or on clothing.

I think BLV is flexible enough for most any occasion and any season. Though, personally, I’m most drawn to wear it during Winter and Spring.

It inspired me to try other Bvlgari fragrances but remains one of my favorites, along with Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir, Black, and Aqva.

RobbieX

Just got my second bottle. This is unique long lasting and fabulous. Lovely ginger, tobacco and spices. As I said below, it's yummy! Bvlgari and Alberto are quality. In my all time top ten.

aLmoravado
aLmoravado

Blv was among the first fragrances that I bought, which was back in college. Got it from Macy's for around $70 (3.4oz EdT, 3.4oz after shave and a small tube of shower gel). Very clean and fresh scent. Quite common though. I use it for layering only.

Scent 8.5/10
Sillage 9/10
Projection 9/10
Longevity 8/10

sranjit
sranjit

I find it a bit crazy to admit that it took me nearly three years to appreciate the kind of gem this perfume is. It's not the one that makes me feel peppy and uplifted. Instead, i find it rather smooth and intriguing. Also, it doesn't change much in character from the opening through the drydown. Longevity is great -- beyond 12 hours on my skin -- and it stays close to the skin after about eight hours.

GRAF
GRAF

Very soapy clean fresh and little sweet. Too strong for me but I like it.

AUNZBOX
AUNZBOX

It's a good aromatic cologne after shower in the summer or spring time. The aromatic ginger and galanga note are outstanding. It smell clean,fresh,herbal, masculine and soapy.

I have notice that the fragrance oil in BLV pour Homme has been use in many Detergent and cosmetics product. I have "Avon Baby Calminig Lavender Lotion" and it smells exactly like this cologne.

For the sillage and longeivity is quite weak on my skin.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

Reminds me of lavender air freshener, but in a good way. Clean. Natural. Very nice and lasts well. Projection is great!

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: excellent
LONGEVITY: good
SCENT: nice
BOTTLE: Solid. Nice.
VALUE FOR MONEY: average

OVERALL: 7/10
---------------------------------------------

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

Very nice fragrance,love it on my skin.It's fresh,clean,powdery & soapy.In the opening it's aromatic and floral.Even if it's listed as woody i don't smell anything woody in this one.On the dry down it becomes very soapy,powdery.
The longevity it's good,5-6 hours and the projection it's moderate.I like to use this after a relaxing shower in the morning.It's suitable for 20+ yo,casual style during the day regardless the season.I find that this fragrance has a relaxing,calming effect on me.
Many seem to associate this with baby powder,maybe so but fun fact,i have no idea how baby powder or babies smells like so...lol
Overall it's 8/10,it's a nice fragrance.

Layzie
Layzie

This was a gift from my elder brother a few years ago. I wore it so seldomly that I ended up giving it to my nephew.

It's a strong, sweet, and spicy fragrance. There is an air of freshness to it, but the scent mixture doesn't sit well with my skin. I find the ginger and tobacco are a bit too much. However, I must admit that it does get sexy after about 4 hours. The cardamom provides a hint of sweetness, and there's a sultry, spicy tobacco redolence to it.

Even though I am not particularly fond of this perfume, my girlfriend can't get enough of it. See how it sits on you!

mikkov26
mikkov26

I think this is a love-or-hate -fragrance and I really love Bvlgari Blv Pour Homme. My friends have very different opinions about this one; One of them said that the smell is annoying and the other one just adores it.

To me the smell is very pleasant. There's lots of ginger and cardamom and it's very powdery. I think Blv is sweet, fresh and spicy and there's something aquatic too.

To me this was love at first smell and Blv is one of my absolute favorite scents. For me it's 10/10.

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

One of the best ginger based male fragrance I tried. This isn't more complex than the female BLV, but is also very nice. The first impression is that of a special soap, gives the idea of someone that has just taken a shower. Sillage isn't impressive, but I still would buy BLV again.

Steppero
Steppero

My first thought of this, very nice, clean. I do get a kind of sunscreen smell to this as others have commented. sunscreen, balmy powder smell but in a good way. Could easily become a signature scent for any time and any occasion.

vonMises
vonMises

The first 30 minutes of this is quite offensive, like putting your head in a box of laundry detergent. But there is something interesting about the opening, too, similar to the way a skunk odor is both interesting and offensive. But then this turns very nice. Really.

In a few minutes the woodier, spicier (cardamom) notes come out, with the tobacco flower (I suppose it is tobacco flower, as that it was is listed, and it is some kind of flower) on the edges.

It becomes a sort of modern take on the classic eau de cologne formula, but with ginger replacing citrus in the central role. Really a nice experience.

CheonYoung
CheonYoung

my bf bought it yesterday.he love this parfume vy much, smells like clean soap and elegance
recomended to buy

Heetkin
Heetkin

I don't really like this one - I much prefer the others I've tried from Bvlgari (Black, Soir, Extreme).

It's not a bad smell but it reminds me of 2 things which I don't find a great thing to associate a fragrance with:
1) Changing babies nappies - as others have mentioned, it definitely reminds me of baby wipes and talcum powder (no hint of poo or pee though).
2) Midges. When in Scotland on holiday it's always advisable to take a few containers of Avon Skin So Soft to spread liberally over your body to act as a deterrent to the little blighters. To my nose Bvlgari Blv smells exactly the same as this and whilst it's not a bad smell, I keep looking round for swarms of midges (which are like mini mosquitoes to those who don't know) whenever I use it.

I imagine pregnant ladies will love the smell though, although I'm not sure that will be most guys target market.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Fresh clean soapy, slightly peppery. Last for 9+ on skin even longer on clothes. First smelled this on a friend who was standing about three feet away but the wind was blowing in my direction. And I wanted to smell like that! this is a great fragrance for a great price you can pick it up at Ross or TJ Maxx for like $20!! Can't go wrong.

aaron21pg
aaron21pg

Nice job Bulgari House for this one. I like this better than the Notte. Nothing beats this stuff. The overall quality of BLV Pour Homme is outstanding that I've been using this for almost 8 years. For the Filipinos out there especially in the Baguio City area, this one's a must-have. Chill y'all.

aphexacid
aphexacid

@wesleyhclark - It's not pronounced "bliv". Its BLV as in BLU as in BLUE.

Great scent. Very powdery, a bit of ginger. Lasts a long time, moderate projection. Always well liked.

Make sure to get it on discount!

spoombung
spoombung

I agree with all the others who say this smells like talcum powder with a hint of ginger.

Who wants to walk around smelling like a big baby?

mariajoseacosta
mariajoseacosta

Masculino. ♥
Huele muuuy bien. Mi papá lo compró hace unos días y le encanta. :D
¡El mejor!

LuxWaltz
LuxWaltz

If you're looking for a sexy fragrance, this isn't it.
This is more of a fresh and clean fragrance.
The first three to four hours, this fragrance reminds me of certain hospitals (not that it's bad or anything).
Then it changes into a light baby powder-ish scent.

The longevity in this fragrance is quite long, however, the projection is pretty weak. It starts out as moderate and turns into a skin scent within three hours or so. Not a very good fragrance to wear on a cold day.

I almost forgot to mention that this is also a safe fragrance. You can overspray it on yourself and still won't find it offensive or headache inducing. I've already tried it, hah! :)

Dragonfly-LT
Dragonfly-LT

Love everything about it!

d04m022011
d04m022011

Quite disappointing! Not everything that is produced by a renowned brand is good. Pure myth. This is a perfume just nice, nothing else. Not worth the price.

RUDOLFO512

I loved this cologne from the first time I tried it. It smells very fresh, clean and masculine. The drydown is very soft and subtle. It lasts a very long time on me. I get a lot of compliments every time I wear it.

Yerdan
Yerdan

Got a sample of this as a present.
Disappointing. First, it is a linear scent, which doesn't evolve much. Boring. Second, it smells like cheap hotel soap. Nivea is different, more cheerful.
I agree it is sweetish and rather strong sillage. But it is not what I'd call elegant, or sophisticated, for this it is far too generic. It's a mass product, not unique in any way.
The only note which I see is a synthetic lilac.
It's the fragrance the wife of a suburban middle aged man would like him to wear, because it's inocent and unsexy and safe.

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

Smells clean and sophiticated. Some people here have said that it smells like Nivea cream. Yea, it has a little similarity. But along the way it changes and settles into a very nice musculine frag.

Too bad my girlfriend said that it smells like shower cream. Hehe..but what the hell, I love it. And she doesn't hate it too. Coz, it's inoffensive but it projects well though.

Scent 6.5/10
Projection 8/10 (on my skin)
Longetivity 7/10 (which is good)

Jun0711
Jun0711

I think this cologne is suitable with adult people. It's good cologne for working at office.

erik.siqueira
erik.siqueira

Sorry, but I've tried hard to understand this frag, but for me is the same smell of Rexona ou Axe.

jimmyschecter
jimmyschecter

I bought this item at the store.
The scent are very strong on the nose. Ever long lasting today. I'm disturbed with ginger aromatic that too strong but very classic. I just use few days and little bit spray.
This item was given away too to my brother :D

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

CLEAN and CLASSY!..very inoffensive..smells like a elegant baby powder lol

Cathylenez
Cathylenez

It's my new fragrance and I love it

Emmanouil
Emmanouil

Great,classic parfume with a good(not the best) durability. Although, it smells to me very close to the classic too "KOUROS",soap powder are in the paramount importance in this parfume with a balance of freshness, spiciness and sweetness as the time goes by. It would be one of my best,even if the competition in this level that BLV wants to stay with this parfum is too high!!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Thinking my review may differ to many. I totally do not get people reviewing this as spicy, to me this is the ultimate Gourmand fragrance, very sweet, sugary, light, i hate to use the word chemical, but to me it is, on my skin it's like baby powder, even though it is a magical fragrance, i utterly love it. 5/5

mimikins24
mimikins24

So I accidently bought the BLV pour homme, instead of the women`s version (was on a great sale, but the label was partially covered by the security tag) --- and I must say this is such a happy accident!

I am getting over my fear of wearing ~men`s~ fragrances, and am proudly getting to the point that I will wear whatever I like regardless of the label or brand.

So this is very strong for the cardamom and ginger on me, in a good way. I get just a hint of tobacco, but it is not overly sweet, as I find in some scents. The base is vetiver and cedar.

The longer I wear this, it gets sweeter and dare I say it, more feminine. I think part of that is the sandalwood dissipates with time.

Work day longevity and polite, but noticeable silleage. It's a keeper for me!

mrfume
mrfume

I am a huge fan of the Bvlgari house and Mr Alberto Morillas also being one of my Fav Nose,despite all this said, this scent and the only scent of the Bvlgari house really did not resonate well with me,sure its a well made scent, fresh and spicy, but i think its that fuzzy ginger and cardamom top that really gets to me ,i really tried to enjoy this but the top was too much for me.I did smell some coriander notes slightly,though not mentioned in the pyramid,if you like a really fuzzy ginger top blended well with tobacco this is for you,again this is not a bad scent at all in-fact its really unique in a good way but id pass for now and maybe give it a rematch some other time maybe , Ended up giving it to my sister:)

5*/10*

evilspin

Not considered an aquatic/day/sport fragrance but this is so clean that its like a day aquatic fragrance. very nice. BLV Notte is more of a warm powdery cocoa fragrance that works best in winter & nights

Rudy Arnak
Rudy Arnak

Jabonosa, agradable, masculina y elegante. Funciona en cualquier época del año. Mi fragancia masculina favorita de Bvlgari. Y las he tenido todas.

Soapy, nice, masculine and elegant. It works all seasons. My favourite masculine from Bvlgari. And I owned all of them.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

should be called oriental floral. it is sweet and cold like kulfa icecream. good for fall season

Cassiano
Cassiano

BLV is a delightful scent!
It starts out with an explosion of ginger + fresh cardamom notes. Then the tobacco appears and says: “I’m here to make you elegant without annoying you.”
To close the door with a golden key, we have a delicious and balanced sandalwood + vetiver base.

The result is a fresh scent that remains completely linear on my skin, almost not changing through the hours.
The final sensation is a soapy, elegant and comfortable aroma of freshness + baby cologne smell.
The lasting power is awesome, with a median projection, which is a kind of characteristic in Bvlgari colognes.

I love to wear this on hot days, specially to work.

mackoybgt
mackoybgt

I used to wear this when I was still in high school. like it very much and the longevity is awesome.

Migalex
Migalex

This one is basically the same scent as blv for women but much fainter. I do like the female version very very much and so I do like this one as well. It smells evry much of ginger, like the female version. But because the female version is much stronger and although basically the same, I do like it better and I rather wear this one.

mr_lonely
mr_lonely

This is my 2nd signature scent.
The fresh ginger, very very fresh, on the first. 5 minute after the powderry will come through mix with fresh ginger and a pepper scent. I promise I am very surprise when the base is coming. It's look like will be disapear as same as the sport scents but it will come to your noses the WHOLE day !!! especially if you do activities til the sweat come out. Yes, the whole day cause I apply 5 aprays in the morning 6 a.m. and when 11 p.m. in the pub when i still dancing and flirting girls.
She ask me : Which perfume did you wear ?
I said : BLV, Why ?
She : I will buy this for my boyfriend !!!
Me : T_T !!
So, this scent will make you feel warm in the cold and make you feel fresh in the hot. Best longetivity, sexy, sensual, powderry, unique. I f*kcing looooove this. A Master from Bvlgari and Morillas.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I really enjoy wearing this. I enjoy it so much that I tend to overspray because I want to smell it on myself all day. It is a very calming scent that is bright and fresh with the ginger and juniper but adds mystery and deepness with the tobacco and musk. It is creamy and a bit powdery but not over powdery at all. It is extremely well blended and if the longevity and projection weren't simply par, would be a niche quality fragrance. I still will make it one of my signatures and am eager to try the notte version of this.

Linden
Linden

There really must be a bit of a baby powder tone to BLV as many of my friends comment on it, but I don`t get it.
I smell an interesting intensely gingery tobacco that is slightly powdery, but not overly so. Soft fresh, comes off very citrus-woody to me. Great relaxing scent for casual wear and classy enough for the office.

xabaras
xabaras

A lovely fragrance, it's fresh and spicy thanks to the ginger, and differently from Blv pour Femme it's not too sweet. It becomes woody after a few minutes and it gives me a sense of warmth without being overwhelming. It's for men but I'd have no second thoughts wearing it. It's very pleasant.

Labaloo
Labaloo

Unusual fragrance... reminds me of freshly-washed laundry flapping in the breeze under a blue sky. This scent stays close to my skin- like an aura of surrounding clean, and it lasts... Yes, fresh-cut ginger, lemon peel, geranium, lavender, carnation, peach? It's been awhile since I've smelt nicotiana, so I can't say. There is a touch of black pepper also along with a wisp of leather; the sharper juniper and cedar (aka "the woods") are SO subtle- to the effect of smelling a forest from afar on the wind after a rain. The sandalwood, orris, and silvery musk base is crisp and solemn, powdery- clean sheets on a freshly-made bed. There's a 'purity' and wholesomeness about this scent that I find intriguing each time I wear it. Blue sunlight.

Alive
Alive

Too powdery for me, I can't stand it. I think this is the only one that I don't like from the house of Bvlgari.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

soothing, relaxing, peaceful, night out, sweet,longevity,love it.Thats oll..

dr.ivan_h
dr.ivan_h

For me, it is not kind of love at the first try.
I tried 4 times in a month, before I decide to buy it. At first, second, and third try, my impression was 'like a soap.'
Until the fourth time, I sprayed BLV on the back of my right hand and put it in front of aircon blower, then I smell an elegant scent blow from the aircon.

On my skin, the dry down stays 10-12 hours, so I wear this when I go for work.
It is non offensive fragrance, but the character is like 'Hey, I am soft and elegant, and I always around you'.

erpee
erpee

Fresh and powdery, very clingy and gives me a headache. To me all it says is bathrooms and babies.Nice on a towel maybe but not on my skin.

daisyko
daisyko

i went in a perfume shop and this was the last note i kept in memory. it followed me home, challenged my bath gel and made me feel disgusted since i could not smell anything around but that, even my food.
it's a skin sticky perfume. i can't tell what it is made of but one thing is sure, i sticks real hard and for hours.

avoid sprinkling a lot of it or else if will displease yourself.

Grottola
Grottola

A unique, pleasant fragrance. A smoky, earthy, tea-like aroma with a bit of ginger. The longevity isn't too great, but this is a well-done fragrance. Although, probably not something I'd buy.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This scent is in my all time top ten favourites for men. I've been wearing it for years and dson't think I'll ever get tired of it.

The references to it smelling like baby powder are right, it's like baby powder tinged with lemon. Yes..I like the smell of baby poweder/shampoo/lotion and othere products so, this is one I go to when I want to feel snuggly and like I'm in a blanket. It always draws compliments from people as it's a very clean smelling fragrange, I'd love to own a vial of pure perfume of this, I think I'd carry it everywhere.

This isn't a real manly manly scent but it would really suit the right kind of person. I LOVE it!

Soft, nostalgic, fresh, beautiful.

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

Nice fresh clean smell. Given to me as a gift. Nothing great to die for...but nice and simple.

evilspin

Strange, I never got a woodsy spicy sense when I tried this. I get an Aquatic feel when i smell this. I can smell the Ginger, cedar & cardamom.

happychub
happychub

this is a great fragrance for men. Fresh,clean,calm and lasting.smell a bit powdery but i don't care, i just love this smell on my body.Best sillage,nice smell and last from morning until evening.Great quality !

johngreenink
johngreenink

I have to be honest and say I hate to write a bad review; I feel as though there isn't much point to explaining why someone doesn't like something, when there are plenty of people who DO like it. I mean, why rain on anyone's parade? Unfortunately Blv pour Homme fits into this category.

I tried some on at a department store counter the other night and was really happy with the opening. It's very bright and gingery: I like openings that are fresh and almost giggly that like. It creates some excitement and allure, kind of like getting ready to go out on a Friday night.

I'm not sure what happened, but about 15 minutes later when the top notes were gone, I really didn't like the middle or dry down. The scent was very clingy and wouldn't go away quietly. There is an artificial element in there, or maybe the cedar was too strong, but it really didn't like what was happening on my skin. Later that evening the smell had degenerated to something like vinyl and powder. It's a shame, too, because the opening IS nice and holds a lot of promise.

I think it might also be the fact that Bvlgari scents as a rule don't seem to do well on my skin. I keep giving them a second chance to see if I've changed at all, but maybe we're just not a good match.

Miyavi
Miyavi

Really, I am just in luv with this! So is everyone who smells it on me. So good for all occasions. I like it so much!

oxm
oxm

Today I would like to talk about Bvlgari Blv pour homme, this is a very special fragrance notes of ginger which gives the bitter taste at the beginning that at some juncture reminds me of my first lessons in chemistry, but do not worry it is just a vague remember, the flavor develops delicately between aromatic notes and hints of tobacco, seems to be clear of Prada Infusion d'Iris (Prada, of course came later) but that does not obsessively research the concept of cleanliness and freshness, but refers to the classic and timeless seducer, the fund is woody and musky ... but not ostentatious.
Blv, between sky and sea a thin line: the horizon of Bvlgari.
very good

edjuggernaut
edjuggernaut

definitely not for men, men do not use baby powder!

jrpadilla
jrpadilla

Powder Scent, smells like baby.

sofiii
sofiii

BLV is one of those men’s perfume I find quite unisex and always feel good when smell it. It is spicy, slightly peppery yet clean with some sweet undertone and goes rather linear with a disappearing spiciness. It might be similar to many other men’s perfumes launched in this decade, but I find there’s something peculiar in this perfume makes it different from other commercial perfumes with similar smell. BLV is much cleaner without being an aquatic or sports perfume; it is spicy and a bit woody without being too heavy on character thus makes feel that the man wears it is quite easygoing and well-groomed without being too pretentious.

Since the spiciness isn’t that predominant and there’s not that much woody rooty smell in the dry down, instead BLV leave a rather clean and book-ish smell with dry-leave-sweetness, I find it can be wear easily by a girl too.

If CK one was the up-and-go side of a cute guy, then BLV would be more refined side of the same guy spotted having a charming intellectually stimulating yet not too serious conversation at a fancy party.

Worth trying :)

vinisantosrs
vinisantosrs

Very fresh, like you're just out of shower all day. Reminds me a little, kind of baby fragrance though. Perfect for summer.

janotte
janotte

Most of these so-called expert frangrance reviewers on this site do not know what smells good. They deify gutter-smelling EDTs and demonize the EDTs that smell wonderful to most people. For a balanced review I suggest you visit basenote.com

This cologne like bvlgari notte is very nice. Cloying if worn everyday, but really sexy if rotated.

No No No No No. What starts barely interesting with a ginger-like spicy citrus, turns very soon into a cloying, sweet and powdery drydown. Let me say it's annoying. I still believe Black to be the only Bvlgari's fragrance that is worth owning.

PSILOVEFRAGRANCES
PSILOVEFRAGRANCES

I can't wait to try this one after reading all the intriguing comments here. I can't even begin to imagine the scent in my mind. I can reasonably assume I won't get any aquatic notes, which is fine with me. I'd like something fresh but not aquatic.

I'm a flight attendant, and recently I had a gentleman on one of my flights who was wearing the most wonderful fragrance. Unfortunately, I did not get the opportunity to ask him what it was. I'm hoping it's Bvlgari Blv pour Homme. I've tried so many others and haven't yet come up with the right one. The best way I can describe what he was wearing is: It had an unusual, fresh quality overall. By unusual I mean -not typically aquatic- I didn't detect any marine notes, but an outstanding freshness, and just underneath the fresh quality were some subtle spices. It was great because it was multi-faceted with the fresh and spicy vibe. I really liked that. And the freshness was a bit unusual, and impossible for me to describe in words.

I'll update this review when I get some and test it!

6/20/11 UPDATE! I tried it today, and although this is not the one I was looking for, it certainly is a fine fragrance! The initial application was very gingery and a bit harsh, and the aroma reminded me of my YSL L'Homme (the ginger). The drydown, though, is very, very nice. It's a much softer ginger and woods smell, a toned down residual of the initial ginger blast. I like it, and will probably buy some soon! I'll keep searching for my elusive scent...

Update, January 2014...(My elusive scent turned out to be La Nuit de l'Homme by YSL). I now have some and it's my number one favorite fragrance to wear!

blazarian
blazarian

This fragnance is way too strong and overwhelming that it almost gives me headaches. Too sweet scent too.

frankiebue
frankiebue

So sweet An sexy!!!

Longevity 7/10
Sillage 8/10
Scent 9/10

ososigma16
ososigma16

This is the fragrance that you have to try, fresh but at the same time spicy, the perfect smell for office and probably an at date, excellent length, wear it in the morning by 6:30 and by noon you can still smelling it, one of my favs for spring.
I get many compliments everytime I wear it, you can not be disappoint on this.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Cardamom and ginger: I like this team. With a clean smell, minimalist appeal IMO. A little sweet and quickly powdery by the tobacco.
On me:

Sillage: Moderate/good
Longevity: Moderate/good (4h+)

Edit:

It smells like washed cotton (really calm) with all the other notes (more weak, I have to say) in dry-down.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

This is my 3rd bottle of this fragrance. I love the opening smell of this perfume. It is like wake up call to me, very fit to everyday wear. But many people wearing this perfume, that is why I stopped wearing it for a while, and now I am starting wearing it again :)

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

at first i had never tried it cos i didn't like the bottle.. til one day i went to TOTO showroom and they had an empty bottle on their bathroom display rack, i smelled it and fell in love with it immediately! oh, i should've leant to never judge a book by its cover. well, lesson learned! this is my day fragrance, makes me feel happy and relaxed. I Love BLV.

-Mr. Almond-

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

The first time I sniffed this, I didn't know what to make of it. It was a very foreign smell that I did not recognize at all, and it wasn't all that pleasant. But it was also a smell that interested me, and I had to keep dancing with this one to learn its rhythm. Crisp...OK...we have identified crisp...ginger, yes, ginger, but not a sweet ginger, a very fresh ginger..hey, and is that coriander? Well, its not listed, but I sure smell it. Definite spices..cardamon as well. Where is that soap smell coming from, there is a definite soapiness to this. This has tobacco listed as a note, and I would have loved more tabacco, but it seems to be drowned out to me.
In the end, this is a fresh and interesting smell that I will continue to experiment with in the daytime, as I bought the 3.4oz. It doesn't smell "good" to me, but nonetheless I am drawn to keep taking cracks at this. It is a memorable and intriguing scent, one that leaves an impression.
It all comes together on the drydown and forms a wonderful fresh and clean scent. Many are describing it as detergent, and depending on what type of detergent you use, that may be accurate. THIS smells good.

diablochancho
diablochancho

fragancia hermosa ,muy original ,no masificada con ingredientes de primera calidad ....olor a limpio y siempre personas del sexo opuesto me preguntan que perfume llevo, grande ALBERTO MORILLAS.Se puede utilizar de día ,noche,diario y ocasiones románticas.

denaldy
denaldy

my signature edt since junior high school, girl love it and i like it

Renia
Renia

i bought it for my father. and this is so coool and nice. love it. strongly recomend you.

Rav Pahud
Rav Pahud

this is the only perfume that seems to understand my own body chemistry....smells pleasant even to everyone, warm and soft feeling but full of masculinity in the air, long lasting, fantastic sillage...better use it in the evening than daytime especially when the weather is hot...;)

I absolutely love ginger, particularly when it features in a male fragrance, such as BLV pour Homme.

The ginger was so fizzy in the opening that it fooled me into thinking that lemon also featured in this fragrance. In that sense it does have a very fresh, almost citrusy feel to it, and because of that, I recommend this fragrance for the warmer weather.

I must admit that the fragrance started off quite generic, however before I could yawn, BLV pour Homme developed into something rather woodsy and enticing. There was also a subtle spiciness that I really enjoyed.

This fragrance is sexy without being too bold or offensive. It smells absolutely amazing on a man I must admit. I'm a little wary to try it on my own skin in case it disappoints.

This is yet another pleasant and casual male fragrance from the classic Bvlgari line, who are in my opinion the gods of modern yet simplistic scents.

RobbieX

Ahhh Bvlgari - they do it again! .. A unique, ginger/tobacco fresh frag. Nothin like this that I've smelled - it's a long lasting great smell for a man, with great sillage. Yummy!!!

guest_zanamor
guest_zanamor

one of the best male fragrances out on the market. I bought this for my father last xmas and the soap also, I was so impressed with it I wanted to keep it for myself. Its a sensual fragrance and one of my very favorites for a man I would want to cuddle.

carera
carera

ithink its soapy and similar to helmut lang orignal

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

love it!!!! but doesnt really last on me.. :( got to apply again n again ... haha..

denmaz
denmaz

strange, i cannot smell ginger. but this is very comforting. definately high quality composition fragrance.

guest_moneyman
guest_moneyman

This is the shh. In my top 5 awesome colognes. bvlgari out did thereselves with this one, very fresh, powdery, spicy, wood one. perfect, only if the made the concentrate in parfum. Still the best out of there lineup til this day. like that ginger or whatever gives it that powder fresh smell. Classic

lovescully
lovescully

My absolute favourite Bvlgari fragrance. I love the initial burst of sweet ginger, but that doesn't last too long before the clean fresh airy notes settle in. Lasts a fair amount of time on me and I've always received great compliments. I often find myself absently sniffing my arm during the day, just to get another wiff. BLV is a winner!

unstickytape
unstickytape

This was a gift from a friend. Originally I was apprehensive and let it sit on my shelf for a few years, but one day I decided to give it a try and so many people asked me what I was wearing. I got many compliments. The ginger and coriander are a perfect mix.

guest_Serge..
guest_Serge..

Smells Like A Pure Baby..,It's The Fragrance Of Innocence..,I'm So Glad By Using It.. ;D

scenturian

By coincidence I smelt it on somebody and it was interesting. And decided 2try again.
Yes I said it smelled like detergent b4 but not in a bad way, smells somethin clean, reminds me newly washed clothes.

Edit:
I think finally i found what it smelles like: sodium hypochlorite.

Proly this is why i thought it reminded me clean!

Stefan
Stefan

At first I thought it smelled like power, and nothing but powder. But then I gave it another chance.... WOW am I glad I did! This is THE freshest and cleanest smell I've ever had on me.

I mixed some 212 with it... you actually have to try THAT!... if you love the smell of Tide With bleach Clean Breeze... it's fairly close... he he

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Excellent!!! I'm surprise by how much i like it :) Soft, light but strong at the same time. Kinda powdery, soapy smelling. Reminds me of fabric softener like Cool Water does but by far better! I think my girlfriend would definitely think this will be sexy on me!

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

An elegant melody of luxurious,
sensuous,and soapy notes harmonize to make a fragrance of voice and character. Opening is sensuous and spicy capturing and teasing anyone close. the heart is smoky and rich adding more elegance to the room around you. The Base is a romantic blend of musk and soft rich woods that relax the body sending you into a daydream of pure luxury.

LaPD
LaPD

I wanted to like it. But I don't.

I did not like the top notes. They felt offensive. Ginger was very strong.

Mid notes were nice. They were the best part. Tobacco kicked in and it mixed very well with the ginger. ... smelled fresh and spicy.

Base notes... bah ... smelled like soap. Ivory and Dove soap. Smells nice but that's not what I want in a fragrance.

Oh well.

winsberg
winsberg

Excelente fragrância para ser usada no dia-a-dia. Dá um aroma de frescor, transmite a impressão de se ter saído do banho naquele momento. Sem dúvida um grande perfume!

hotaru
hotaru

omg. this is the sexiest fragrance ever! hubby wore this once *before he ran out of it quickly*, back then when we were dating, and yeah,it's a great fragarance...it's strong without making me to get headache or nausea, fresh, musky but not that musk, oh yes i love it!

Igorbgd
Igorbgd

I'm using this scent when I'm going to gym ...it's simple , clean , and it has the best after smell i have ever tried ... I recomended this one for every day use ..

zepiroth_kreationz
zepiroth_kreationz

i agree with hoelahoep... this is one of my favorite scents. so sexy, clean and last long on me. kinda powdery but in a nice way. it's a good choice for steamy romantic nights. :D

two thumbs up for Alberto Morillas and Bvlgari BLV Pour Homme!

hoelahoep
hoelahoep

Until now i like all my Bvlgari scents, but Blv was the first and it's the first one i take when i like to smell "Bvlgari's".

The opening is nice, an explosion of ginger, galana and cardamon. No aquatics, not a lot of sweetness to be found, but clean, fresh : you all want to smell this way in the morning....

On my skin it takes time to settle. After one hour i definitely get a lot of ginko and juniper. Then, it quietly settles down to a nice musky sandalwood and cedar.... It lasts a whole day. It is a very very versatile scent: you can wear it anytime, anywhere. It won't disappoint you. It's ideal for business and play :-). Age range > 20.

People who find this scent smelling a lot like a detergent have to go and cover a lot of miles in the olfactory world before they recognize this as a great scent.

After trying this one, i got addicted to Bvlgari......and I like everyone of them.

So, would I advise you to buy one ?

If you're addicted to the fresh citrusscents that dominate todays market: NO, don't even try....

If you want to smell different: Yes, get one....fast

( Tip: mist some sprays over your clothing, it stays and stays....even the next day your laundry bin gets Bvlgarised)

Smells like detergent.
Very clean scent but not soapy nor sweet as many said.
All other Bvlgaris smell somehow similar but this is absolutely different.

SaintLue
SaintLue

Yesterday I was getting ready for work and noticed i had a Full bottle of this stuff. i had sort of tryed when i bought but didnt really pay to much mind to it.so i put it on and noticed it smelled quite nice.Soapy and powdery but nice clean and fresh. I was walking to work and noticed i still had that same nice scent on me. than after acouple hours at work still i had it on me. i really enjoy this one now.not one of my favorites but VERY nice

periquito89
periquito89

When I asked a friend an opinion about BLV, she told me that thinks it doesn’t suit everybody: a bit “narcissistic” she guess. Yes, it is kinda soapy, maybe an after bath sensation, and yes, it would fit better in this instead of that person. To someone may looks too simple, perhaps may looks silly, but maybe, according to you, it may fits very well, and smells very good. This simplicity could be the key. The only problem: after 3 hours, it becomes tooooo light! Just another thing: following the same argumentation, I think you could only smell "girly" if your chemistry tells you that. By that means, to me it remains masculine until the ending.

Simple and nice bottle.

lillybee
lillybee

To guest_ : Your review is a product description for the fragrance appearing everywhere on the net. Here we discuss personal opinion and our own experience we have wearing the scent.

vdxl
vdxl

A nice scent which shows the contrast between the fresh ginger and the intense sandalwood. Peppery, with some earthy notes too, may seem soapy, but it is not just like cheap soap. I would not consider it classy, but it is a masterpiece in spicy fragrances. An icy scent for the winter which does not contain calone. A good thing.

I'm not a fan of every sharp and typical cologne for men,but this is one is really something!
it's not like any of fragrances for men I've ever tried.it doesn't smell soapy,sharp nor full of pretension.
it's light and modest without letting you to ignore it.I can really get ginger and cardamon and they are excellent and tobacco makes you dizzy.
it's true that it's spicy,but it never claim it loudly.
I think this is a kind of perfume with personality;the man who wears it should be different from the other in his smelling and character.I think it matches modest,but ambitious and smart guys.

2P@
2P@

BLV is a great fragrance for special nights!

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A fusion of unexpected contrasts creates a truly captivating fragrance like the man who wears it.

The unique blend of a variety of notes is based on the accord between the spicy freshness of ginger and the deep, mellow scent of tobacco flower, which create a surprising olfactory sensation.

knightz
knightz

The first thing I noticed about BLV Pour Homme is how light and discreet it is. Normally I would dismiss a fragrance like this as too light for me. But there is something about this that whispers 'I'm expensive'. It disappears and comes back over and over, like it's saying "hey, I'm still working for you!".

It's light but persistent. Ginger/Galangal with soft Cardamom through the top and heart, with a light herbaceous or green accord. The sweet Ginger blends in so well. It creates a teasing aura around you with just enough sillage to create an air of mystique around you. Only those nearest to you are exposed to it's charms. The base is woods.

I am surprised that I can be so positive about a light scent, but this one is different. It could be the complete lack of any citrus that makes this so unique, so refined, so likable.

OdeKlotyo
OdeKlotyo

I know how it divides people and perfume fans, but to me, Blv Pour Homme is a well-conceived and beautifully executed fragrance. Top-class quality and distinction, truly a finely honed gem. Such subtlety, texture and elegance is rarely seen and felt in today's fragrances (save the more exclusive products, of course).
Kudos to Alberto Morillas' creative mastermind and to all working at Bulgari's fragrance branch who made it possible. Very well done.

alicektn
alicektn

I like this fragrance very much!

I 'steal' some from my brother once in a while, and it develops really powdery on my skin.

Maybe I should try the female version of it!

asfa
asfa

BEST OF THE BEST SO SEXY PERFUME SO LONG LAST im no think a real man not have it in collection.i have 3 botles 100 ml my all fammyly love it an wearing mans ands womans

readyken
readyken

One of my all time favorite from Bvlgari line.Great scent,great sillage

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

Bright and sexy. Tonns of romantic sensuality and attraction. Chose it for the present for my boy-friend a few years ago. They turned out to be a perfect match.

dorgchant
dorgchant

Very sexy fragrance that make me always look back to a person who wear it.

ticalau
ticalau

it's a great fragrance, gives an air of elegance, a good wealth... ;)

BLV Pour Homme by Bvlgari 3.72 out of 5 based on 717 ratings and 124 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bvlgari BLV Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bvlgari BLV Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify BLV Pour Homme by Bvlgari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of BLV Pour Homme by Bvlgari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.