Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

ozonic
honey
Bvlgari Man Bvlgari for men Videos
Bvlgari Man Bvlgari for men Pictures Bvlgari Man Bvlgari for men Pictures

Bvlgari Man by Bvlgari is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Bvlgari Man was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. Top notes are lotus, bergamot, violet leaf and white pear; middle notes are vetyver, woodsy notes, sandalwood, amber, cashmere wood and cypriol oil or nagarmotha; base notes are benzoin, musk, tonka bean and white honey.

Lotus Bergamot Violet Leaf White Pear

vetyver Woodsy Notes Sandalwood Amber Cashmere Wood Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha

Benzoin Musk Tonka Bean white honey

Bvlgari Man Fragrance Reviews

RobbieX

A very fresh and pleasant, if not too potent, fragrance. There is a distinctive honey with a floral accompaniment. The violet is there too especially in the opening. It's not the best Bvlgari that I've tried but Bvlgari Man is definitely classy. This grows on you and I like it.

VJG
VJG

Balmy Balm boom !!...Refreshing & pleasant . Little Honey and musk too..On clothes it tends to last long... I don't have any comments on longevity & projection , but if someone comes so close like to hug you, then you can expect a compliment "You smell fresh and good"

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

I've been wearing this for sometime now. This is nice frag. For those executive meetings. I use it for office. Fills me up with a confident vibe, though i never recieved a compliment.

But my girl likes it. Which means it's also suitable for those late evening cuddling sessions.

I felt that balmy fresh BVL vibe in it too. I don't think i will be going for a second bottle. I must say, Armani Diamonds is a wayy wayyy better choice. If you are searching for a subtle, but a noticable killer/panty dropper frag.

Scent: 6
Projection: 3.5 (skin scent)
Longetivity: 5.5 (upto 3-4 hours)

C@nn@r
C@nn@r

This smelled good on paper but horrible on my skin! Honey is not my favorite note to begin with but after about 10 minutes this dried down to a sickly combo of violet leaf and honey that smelled like rotting material. I wish it smelled the same way on my skin as on paper. Too bad I had higher hopes.

GaryG
GaryG

I really like the way this fragrance smells on my skin. But like a few other reviewers, this fragrance just dies out on me very quickly. No longevity on my skin. This is ok if I am around the house on the weekend and can reapply. But if I am going to work or out, have to select another fragrance.

blake123
blake123

Just blind bought this for a steal at a local Marshall's. ( very rare, It was hiding in the back) I like Bvlgari and was surprised it was only 24.99 so i decided what the hell and bought it lol. I wasn't really expecting much, but oh man i can't help but love this frag. Seeing how it's somewhat new and doesn't really have alot of feedback, i'm really glad i found this. Hard to describe, but its slightly sweet with some woods notes way in the back. Reminds me of going to a very high end night club in NYC. I just think this is perfect for any occasion really. It shares some qualities with ADG Essenza, hence it was created by the same person. Performance so far is good, i don't see why everyone is saying the longevity sucks. You have to understand its hard to judge longevity for scents like this one. Although you may not be able to smell it anymore ( probably due to applying to close to your nose) others around most definitely can in most cases. Besides, no one wants to smell you across the room anyways. Maybe spray once on your clothing for more lasting power and avoid your neck to keep from getting olfactory fatigue. Boom. Great scent and worth checking out while its somewhat under the radar.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Zesty and tart notes of bergamot and citrus, aromatic soft woods (sandalwood, a hint of vetiver), patchouli, a discreet floral side with pleasant, shady-earthy nuances (violet leaves), and a few else, resins and perhaps cumin. I honestly miss the honey note, while I smell more clearly the woody accord, which slowly gets more and more prominent (becoming also more cedarwood-ish and balsamic) together with the violet leaves note and another floral note which smells of "clean laundry" (they say lotus, I trust that). After a while it's basically a classy, pleasantly boring "office-safe" scent lasting mostly based on a woody-floral accord which lasts for hours identical to itself. Not a masterpiece and overall a bit artificial but pleasant, fresh and elegant, with at least some depth and some decently vibrant notes – more than "the average mainstream" scent.

6,5/10

nugrahartowinsu
nugrahartowinsu

very sensual and classic ..
this perfume for up to 25 years old,,
nice bottle and design

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Perhaps I'm somewhat biased about this scent because it's one worn by the most lovely man I know who is somewhat of a rare individual. Quite frankly, to start though, Bvlgari Man doesn't make an independent statement in it's uniqueness or artistic quality. It's decidedly one for mainstream appeal and a great department store fragrance. Also somewhat reminiscent of He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood by DSQUARED2.

Opening with fresh green violet leaves and bergamot, Bvlgari Man vibrates with enthusiasm. Just a drop of honey, and this delivers a very faint sweet yuzu/grapefruit accord.

Musk interplays and softens the composition a little along with an understated aquatic-root note rather than anything floral or suggestive of lotus.

As this fragrance continues to transition, it becomes dry and turns its vetiverious face to the sun, all the while remaining green and aquatic... like fresh, tall timber harvested from a river bank.

What remains on the skin is a deliciously infusion of delicately peppered greenery and plush wood. Again, it's not a revolution in fragrance by any means but it manages to make the skin sparkle without upstaging the wearer.

Refined, humble, contemporary, ethereal, and most definitely alluring.

duzmantic
duzmantic

Beautiful scent. Problem is that it's very light and becomes a skin scent after just 1hour. I don't like colognes that are too strong but this one is way too soft.

februaryxiv
februaryxiv

This perfume is amazing! It's very masculine and has an impact to anyone else who can smell it (positive or negative reaction). For me it's a good perfume especially for young men like me, not suited for young teens as I think it has a very mature scent that will backfire when other people smell it from them.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

Freaking disappointed. Like others - I love the scent of this frag but am truly aghast at the poor longevity and silliage. Put on 4 good sprays in the morning before work (~5:30am) and lost the scent by 8am. Reapplied when I got home at about 5pm and couldn’t detect any by 6pm. Original notes are awesome and the dry down is nice when I can smell it.

bamacharm
bamacharm

Reminds me of L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme. They share the lotus, vetyver, bergamot, musk, and sandalwood notes. Nevertheless, this is one of the weakest formulations in my collection which consists of well over 100 different fragrances.

I love Bvlgari products. They are exceptionally well formulated. I love this fragrance but, sadly, its longevity and sillage are extremely poor. I would equate the EDT to a watered-down body spray or what I would expect from showering using a scented soap. Bvlgari was far too light-handed with the amount of oils used in this formulation.

There is apparently a Eau De Parfum version of this same fragrance which, by the way, has different notes than the Bvlgari Man Extreme edition. If I can locate the EDP at a reasonable price and, after testing, find that the longetivity and sillage are significantly better than the EDT, I might consider purchasing the stronger formulation.

Romulo Xavier Ladislau
Romulo Xavier Ladislau

a common,almost generic woody aroma,nothing special in this expensive perfume..

pattiwatti
pattiwatti

I love this scent! One of my friends use this as his signature scent and I couldn't help but compliment him everytime we see each other. This has a very clean scent, sandalwood at first and then pear and honey when it settles on clothes; similar to Carolina Hererra's 212 minus the smoke.
I love it so much that I'm considering getting one for myself, nevermind if other people will think it's odd that I'd smell like a guy. Or maybe just use it on my linens. ;)

xbcraig
xbcraig

Nice and clean smelling,questionable longevity. Very nice bottle. Price isn't out of line. Rate it - 7 out of 10.

Marciu
Marciu

I agree it's an oriental fragrance, to me it's woody oriental.

Starts off with mix of pear and violet leaves. This itself is unique, kind of sweet and sour, non of these dominates over the other one. Later on it gets more woody and sweet - the honey is quite potent here. Perfectly blended. To me it's a perfect suit and tie fragrance, very formal, very elegant, refined and classy.

Longevity is medium, I get 5-8 hours. Sillage is average.

I think it's better than its Extreme version, which is fresher and a little crisper.

bigmo1983
bigmo1983

If it only last longer than one hour. Damn!!!! What a fragrance this is.

dubsteppa2013
dubsteppa2013

i had gone back and forth, to smell this gem at various stores for the past 6 months or so. the last trip to my favorite fragrance store, was one with this in mind, and to close the deal on whether this could be apart of my growing collection. it most certainly smelt different this time, in an amazing way and without hesitation, became possibly my new favorite fragrance. i truly love this scent and i can't stop wanting to smell it. longevity is not the greatest, but the smell balances that issue out for me. lovely scent for a tropical climate. the first bvlgari fragrance in my collection, and i might just have another one next month.

lee.wok
lee.wok

It's a nice clean scent. I smelled woods and some bergamot. Longevity is rather poor at 2-4 hours. The bottle nice to look at and very well priced.

Edit: Wow, Alberto Morillas made cK One and Acqua di Gio, M7, Mugler Cologne amongst other popular fragrance. He sure knows how to please the masses

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

this a sort of very watered and superlight terre d'hermes ,spicy and musky i don't detect any honey or lotus ,this should b a perfect office perfume ,in my humble opinion projection and longevity below average

asrar mehdi
asrar mehdi

Really a man thing.great scent ,fresh masculine,strong and this projects just fine on me ! BVLGARI love this name :)

SDavis93
SDavis93

This is a standard masculine fragrance clean fresh musky,nothing to interesting going on in this one just a well done safe male scent. you buy this as a gift if you do not know what a person likes as a fragrance, especially an older man, its that type of safe masculine scent. not for people looking for something unique.6.5/10

cougarR
cougarR

açılış biberli Pour Homme 'u anımsattı. Sonrasıda güzel kabe samanı filan da pek tende kalmıyor yada ben beyaz tenliyim bana uymadı.. yoksa fena koku değil..

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

A daily soft fragance, ideal for office´s morning time, and for those summer´s lovers scent. Bvlgari Man is a sutil combination of wood and honey with a citric freshness. Unfortunatelly, Bvlgary Man is like many other fragances already ranked in the perfum market, such as Truth by CK, and CH for men by CH the dry-down in both fragances are identical.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

VIOLET SPARKLE

Nice job, Bvgalri. A clean, effortless, refined masculine fragrance that can be dressed up or down.

Reminds me of the smell of C. Howrd's violet chewing gum I used to get at the diner on route 22 back in the 70s.

Always loved that smell. And this fragrance.

Kaldau
Kaldau

a classy and modern scent. smells like a tamed burberry London - less Christmas and more sophisticated, which make it more officefriendly. Kinda like a mixture between Burberry London and Burberry Sport.

red wing
red wing

The scent is wonderful (clean and soapy) but the sillage n longevity are weak..and the smell like TDH

victorydog
victorydog

Snowtree hit the nail on the head. The dry down of Bvlgari Man is very similar to Wonderwood by CdG.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Bvlgari MAN Bvlgari aroma caught my attention when someone had sampled it in the store so I decided to sample it as well before I consider buying the frag. I was pleased that it wasn't heavy just a slight bit more spicy/woodsy which could be worn at work and occasionally for the evening when your out at a posh restaurant.
This frag has a real gorgeous scent with the main note being a real woodsy scent heightened with a slight floral scent (lotus) when I first sprayed it on my skin. I was able to pick up a touch of vetiver with a smooth aroma of sandalwood with warm amber as well as cashmere wood. Altogether it makes for a real delightful fragrance to wear.
After it really settles you can really pick up a sharp herbal/spicy scent from the violet leafs which adds to the mystic of this frag giving it that ZING which makes it really come alive.
Longevity, when I spray it twice it lasts at least 7-9hrs
Sillage is decent...you can pick up the aroma within 2ft of the person wearing it depending how long they've had it on.
Overall thought,
I haven't seen anything like which is A++ and when wear it, it doesn't have a generic aroma at all...its the opposite its FABULOUS.
No doubt, This frag has a unique blend and it attracts attention. I have been wearing it for two weeks, several people have complement me.
Bvlgari stand for quality and this frag is of EXCELLENT quality as well. 10/10 PERFECT SUMMER/FALL FRAGRANCE.
To sum it up in a word either BRAVO or SURPERB !!!!!

RobbieX

Just tried this in Boots (UK store) A soapy, spicy and LOVELY scent that lasts. It's definitely a really clean gorgeous fragrance. Going to buy some when funds allow.

snowtree
snowtree

I tested this today for the first time and I could swear it smells just like CdG's Wonderwood. Both were produced in the same year by excellent noses (AM & AL). Coincidence, or just two brilliant minds tapping into the same perfume stream of consciousness?

mr_lestrange

hey i got one already! i bought 2 actually bvlgari extreme and bvlgari man. you're right man is office friendly and i got lots of compliments. thanks!

watcharyn
watcharyn

Am I right trying to compare Original and Extreme?

Bvlgari MAN Original > Bvlgari Pour Homme
Bvlgari MAN Extreme > Bvlgari Extreme Pour Homme

Idlehands

very office friendly in my opinion. Its a fragrance that can be worn day or night.

is this office friendly?

Brandon_4078
Brandon_4078

This is an awesome fragrance I had gotten a free sample of. It starts off with a refreshing blast of lotus, witch disappears after 10-20 min after the vetiver, woods, and honey take over. That pretty much is the rest of the fragrance which is a very relaxing scent. It is a slightly sweet and musty woody scent but falls short in projection. After 30 min it stays pretty close and it is pretty much a scent for yourself or close encounters. At times it reminds me of cutting pine (earlier) and maple (later) boards on my table saw. I might pick up a bottle of this in the future (not near future though) for lounging around.

Cole86
Cole86

I love this fragrance. Masculine and Sophisticated with a Clean, Fresh & Woody smell. The longevity is brilliant on me with just a few sprays; more than 8hrs. My all day and anytime fragrance. I wore it to a wedding recently and received many compliments from the women. Strong but not Overpowering at all. 8/10.

spoombung
spoombung

I can smell a tiny bit of Vetiver and musk but not much else. It's reasonably okay but it's also watery, weak and a bit forgettable.

dmirror
dmirror

I've changed my mind about bvlgari man it actually smells good to me now it's the first time I actually sprayed it on my wrist it smells better on my skin than the paper card when it sits on my skin after about 15min. the smell changes from a heavy funny smell to a nice light kind of floral woody kind of smell I still prefer the extreme over the original but this one smells good as well I own the extreme already but I'm going to get this one too the scent is good don't know about longevity yet but I'm sure if you use the deodorant and after shave balm that'll help with that it usually does

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

Bvlgari Man is an aptly titled fragrance for men. It evokes manhood with style and purpose. Clean, fresh with a warm woody undertone that makes you feel rich and sensible. Crisp white shirt, 60's style tie, fashionable black jeans, toned shoes, Breitling watch and Bvlgari Man will make you GQ worthy.

aniwolfe
aniwolfe

Smells very similar to Bond No.9 Brooklyn....Great overall woodsy scent with very good longevity on my skin.

loichungling
loichungling

The Base Note is somehow like Burberry London.
A peaceful vanilla and woody smell.
but Bvgalri does not last long.
About 3 hours, the smell gone whereas Burberry London can last for about 5 hours.
This fragrance i will vote it for 9/10.

aromabroker
aromabroker

Just took a shower and used two soaps to remove this cloying, powdery, unyeilding fragrance. After alcohol on a baby wipe...BVLGARI Man is still there, I want him to leave. I thought the tester in Vogue smelled unique. Immediately there was wood. Out of the bottle, and I assume the wood smell was from the magazine paper. Musk, Bezoin, Vanilla, Bugspray. This is that one night stand you want to forget, but cannot because the bedsheets are stained.

longz
longz

even I know this frag has weak longevity, I'm still Love it. why? It calm, warm, and such intoxicating. when I fell tired I give sniff to this frag and I fell more relax.
IMO : BLV Man is the best frag from BLV, you should at least try and give it sniff by yourself.
weak longevity? Just respray from your decant.
In my skin BLV Man Longevity :
Cool office (with air conditioner): 7 hours
Outdoor : just 3 hours

some people may associate BLV man with Terre d'herme. I said yes. This frag has similar note with TdH but just for the top note after that the honey scent arise and wow, I Love it.
If i can describe BLV man with simple word, I will say Honey Tea for this frag.

Adam300691
Adam300691

I tried this cologne after my obsession with Aqva died down, just to branch off and try something new, and i actually fell in love with this one.

On myself, this is definitely a night time wear for me. It is extremely strong, and i only need one spray on each wrist and 1-2 on my neck, no more.

I smell the ozonic-ness to this and the honey, and definitely the floral, but i have no citrus or aquatic smells coming at me, and if i smell hard enough, i can just get the tiny bit of woodiness it has to offer.

I would wear this to a function, or when im in business, or even on a date when ill try and project my confidence and taste, but nowhere else. Definitely not an everyday wear/beach cologne, but definitely an Autumn/winter night wear.

Lasts me about 5-6 hours, which isn't too bad :)

Overall i'd rate it 8.5/10 :)

Idlehands

Wonderful smell. Perfect n fact. Sexy. Confident. And then an hour later it's all gone. It's sad that this stuff is so weak because it really is a nice scent.

BorisRubio
BorisRubio

Es fresco!! Solo me imagino una noche de fiesta frente al mar, junto a chicas y una fogata!! Pero si no es asi, casi no me gusto...
Pero si te gusta la frescura, peinarte para atras, y tu estilo es playero comprala!!

stjoseph777
stjoseph777

Longevity on my skin below average this was a blind buy. Disappointed but I think it would do well in hot humid climax. This house really need to step it up with this frag I go six sprays and I still get about 4-5hrs. I'll wear this one when I'm going to the gym.

jembigonjes
jembigonjes

the most intense after dry down is woodsy aroma.. longetivity is below average I think..

ZAPHNATH
ZAPHNATH

Best choice I've ever made...looking for years to find something new to call my own and this was the second of three tries. Just got off Gucci Envy for Men which I wore for years since high school.

I like how it changes certain notes as time goes on but is still identifiable with the vetiver...i like.

Bought the biggest bottle!!

Neophate
Neophate

Bananay walon ki maa ki choot, bahan chood k bachay smell like choot,

gd15329
gd15329

This one is very good (it dose what it says - you will like it very much) Bvlgari Man Extreme, no....

Only downfall, projection: moderate

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

ausamamira
ausamamira

i find some resemblace to herrera chic !!!! i like it

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Like I sprayed water on myself: no projection, no longevity (gone in an hour or two). Not much scent, either. Waste of time.

esteban747
esteban747

It opens with full force, quite strong. Very masculine in a "old style cologne", but it quickly shifts into a powdery slightly floral scent. Pleasant but without a soul, I don't know, it's a good fragrance but not something that I really want to wear too often. I guess this can be a good present just because it's a safe fragrance that most guys like.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Not bad, nothing really stands out tho. Easily forgettable.

A_D
A_D

Very good perfume, enjoyed it a lot. Casual one, it is not a perfume that changes a lot through the dry down. But the smell is so nice and fresh and woody.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is good for spring & fall seasons. This clogne is suitable with casual clothes.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

This smells like you just showered with some kind of white soap, barely dusted a tad of Johnson and Johnsons baby powder, then got dipped in some cashmere, then you add a touch of pepper and a touch of class and BAM!! That's Bvlgari Man...... With that being said it smells like a breath of fresh air.

jimmyschecter
jimmyschecter

I just want to say about this Bvlgari MAN is just good, i think this is just have a unique typical but not special for me.
Because i've fallin love the scent of Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme at any last years.

before_n_afta
before_n_afta

Some time last year I had a sample of Gucci Pour Homme II that I used occasionally until it was gone. I liked it, but not enough to buy a full bottle. Earlier this year my girlfriend was given a sample of Bulgaria Man, which she gave to me. I tried it, and it reminded me so much of the gph II that I had to check the vial just to confirm.
Having said that, I really do like this scent (the ladies do too). There is something warm and familiar and comforting about it to me. Kind of like coming back to your home town after having been away for a while. When my sample vial is gone I will probably buy a full bottle.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

On application I'm picking up bergamot and pear coupled with a lovely violet note. The fragrance is balmy, light and quite watery though very well composed.

As time goes by it gets a little sweeter with woods showing up within the mix. I have to say this scent is quite enchanting and smells really good.

It projects off you well you but never overpowering though the longevity for me was about four to five hours.

All in all the balmy fruit and floral notes that are joined by woods gets my thumbs up.

uxmanali
uxmanali

Buy Zegna Extreme if you wana smell like this. Zegna is a long lasting amazing perfume. Bvlgari Man is a disappointment.

acronia_1989
acronia_1989

so cool !

scent,sillage and longevity hopeless !

خیلی معمولیه

Sophia1105
Sophia1105

I picked up a sample of this for my husband, I can't list what notes stand out to me, other than fresh-woodsy without being too sharp, too crisp, too clean, too musky. Just perfection and VERY sexy. Extremely masculine and refined without being too overbearing. Wish the lasting power was longer.

AbBlue
AbBlue

I understand the softness, given the notes softness is good, but I'm disappointed with longevity. It isn't easy to suggest an alternative because scent is so good, somehow reminds me of YSL Jazz.
***
Entiendo que sea tan suave, dadas las notas es algo bueno, pero estoy decepcionado con la duración. No es fácil sugerir una alternativa, la esencia es tan buena. De algún modo me recuerda a Jazz, de YSL.

Radiation
Radiation

Why is it that fragrances that are close to the skin are 'safe for the office' like you couldn't wear this scent and go clubbing? Let me tell you something friends, Bvlgari Man is one of the best fragrances out there. It's complex, peppery, and incredibly well balanced. No need for enormous and ridiculous projection.

Someone please prove to me that a woman can smell your cologne across the bar and is somehow drawn to you and I will give you my car. Smart men know it's you who draw the woman in, she catches your scent when you lean in, she becomes intrigued and comes in closer to get a better smell. Boom! you win. The Drakkar Noir/ Cool Water sillage from across the room types need not apply. This is an EDT for men who are confident and don't need to scream 'LOOK AT ME' because likely they already are.

Vita nuova
Vita nuova

good,but not enough. opening with bergamut and tea extremely fresh and energic.but deep notes contain a bit sugar like smell.longevity 4/5 ,sillage 4/5 .

eirroc25
eirroc25

Just sampled this today and I love the scent but is it just me or the drydown really smells like CH 212 / CH chic? if they're similar, i wont be surprised since Mr. Morillas made both perfumes. Very professional-smelling perfume, I think i'll buy a bottle of this instead of 212 :)

ROLDAN
ROLDAN

Great choice for daily and office use too. It lasts all day long.. Great quality, quite unique e.d.t and not overpowering. . Typical luxury Bulgary style!

yilmazg
yilmazg

First of all this is a typical Bvlgari perfume. Not a shouter but a whisperer. A very modern, elegant, creamy and soapy floral with a musky base. In the same vein as BLV pour homme and BLV notte pour homme. I agree with many reviewers that this is great choice for office.

Sillage is below average, longevity average.
The perfume has character and matches the advertisement campaign perfectly. I imagined a businessman drinking a cup of coffee at home in a casual outfit when I first sniffed Bvlgari Man. Very good and very safe one. Thumbs up.

Gamekingz0r1
Gamekingz0r1

Bvlgari Man for me is an instant classic and will always remain in my collection. The projection on my skin is very good and the longevity is between 8-10 hours. Overall rating 9.5/10

Hazazi
Hazazi

Not lasting but smells good.

angBrown
angBrown

I was on a "smelling excursion" at Nordstrom and a sales associate told me she was psychic. She said, "Since you have two men in your life, give this to each of them and the one that smells the best is the one you keep." I did and we are married now.

When my husband wears it, I get lots of refreshing, cool spruce. It's very clean, and unlike most similarly marketed men's fragrances (especially those other Bvlgaris) has none of that awful evergreen-cedar-aquatic which I find repulsive.

mrfume
mrfume

A fresh Oriental woodsy fragrance which is very light its modern and totally inoffensive,a blind buy for me and i don't regret it at all, A very beautiful bergamot opening tamed by violet leaf and the lotus, the middle and end are really nice, the sandalwood is rather well done here i must say, it gets close to the skin soon but all in all worth a try if you fancy the bvlgari house.

6.5*/10*

Ddhuney
Ddhuney

The opening is with too much alcohol or something which gives an instant headache. And if you survive this you get a faint skin scent (soft/sweet/musky). Nice idea, nice bottle, but really too much headaching synthetics. I chucked away my bottle.

vannamond
vannamond

Cool, great for a day in the office in Autumn.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

3 hour watery wood power. Smells great...for a little while...then it's just a talc and musk and wood scent like all the other "modern" orientals. Save a few bucks and try Burberry Brit.

WayneDN
WayneDN

I checked this one out yesterday! Nothing special and had a very weak scent! Too many others out there that are much better!

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

very boring, weak scent. don't waste my money on this

troikas
troikas

save your cash,its nothink spesial go in bulgary blue or extreme for spesial

allan0921
allan0921

I tried this perfume from my friend and it smells like for old men. Very deep and strong. Not for teenagers who wants compliments from girls.

The Real Archer
The Real Archer

I just got a bottle today and on my way home, I thought, I had or have something like this and realized the scent is similar to Lanvin Arpege mixed with Carolina Herrera Chic.
The scent is not for everyone though, which I like, it may be too strong for others, especially if you live in a tropical country like I do.
Overall, it's not bad.

waine
waine

A pleasant enough scent, very highly rated, but the longevity and projection is far too weak for my liking. I am not into fragrances that have the attraction of "Nice, but stays close to the skin" as I do not see the purpose unless you want to wear a perfume as if you are doing it sort of "undercover."

kuba
kuba

very nice fragrance with neither sillage no longevity.just like nothing money can buy!!!.to me a cologne without longevity and sillage is like knock offs,cheap and fake cologne,i ma relly regret for my blind purchase.in fact,the nose behind the cologne is close to nothing and the time is almost killing him.i am not recommend it

recent update:
i came to find out it is only noticeable to my wife as it project very low and intimacely,thus i am not recommend this one to bachelors!!!!!

hermyonee
hermyonee

I really lover this one, i offered it to my man last Xmas and it's perfect for him, classy but yet sensual, light but soft, woody and clear; a modern, manly elegant fragrance. He used to wear Allure and M7 fresh YSL; this one it's perfectly in that style... the dry down is very sensual, sandalwood and benzoin, & cashmeran anso, that gives a specific softness, and warmth. But never too heavy or macho, or too oldfashioned like Azzaro. Good for all day or evenings. Good longevity, sofisticated and elegant.

faiz htc
faiz htc

Best perfume of summer,sweet and oriental woody,fantastico.

Migalex
Migalex

This is even weaker than the other Bylgary male scents. After blv, I consider it the nicest one though. Consider it a waste of money though, given its weakness and the extremely poor staying power.

Ichariot
Ichariot

Very sophisticated, overall! It's not aggressive, it doesn't scream for attention, but it serves to please without a question. It's the type of scent you'd wear when you expect to meet new people, and wish to present yourself as a classy and determined man.

It suits my body chemistry quite well (smells even better on me than on the paper), the projection is average. With one spray on my chest area, I can catch a hint of the odour everytime I stand up or turn around. It's been around 3-4 hours since I applied it and it still projects, we'll see how it turns out.

I already got complimented for the scent.

I think this might be my next purchase unless I come up with something else.

fisken23
fisken23

Smells like bugspray the first 5 min... After that, amazing!

Olefact
Olefact

I don't care what the ingredient list says: I get 90% sandalwood. I can detect cedar and benzoin unaided, but as for the honey I've got to apply heat. I think the honey should be perceptible without having to breathe on the cologne...is that asking too much?

Years ago I used to buy sandalwood oil at a shop that sold bongs, incense, tie-dyed shirts, woven bags...you get the picture. Well, this stuff smells nearly the same. Just dress the bottle down a little (would a mini fringed vest be over the top?) and you've got a cologne worthy of Woodstock. That may not have been what Bvlgari was going for, but that's what they've come up with. Peace, baby.

Call me a cynic, but when I read the positive reviews that would have you believe this is a complex or sophisticated composition, I know that these opinions are nothing more than a favorable bias for a high-end brand rearing its head. It's not practical, but perfumes are best tested blinded. You can be sure the critiques on this site would be telling quite different stories.

vxgas
vxgas

Begins with an extra masculine scent almost like the body odor of a big guy, it follows with a fresh and pure classy sandalwood note. I actually like this sandalwood scent but dare not to wear it on the street because It recalls the memory of my buddist grandma.

Gwapito
Gwapito

Just got my bottle of this perfume from my sister in Germany. To be honest, Ive smelt it already at the mall (in a piece of paper) and I didnt like it that much but when my sister asked me which perfume i want, i told her to send me Bvlgari Man (only because I loved the bottle) lol.

I was excited to open it and try it on my skin and guess what, it smells amazing even after few hours now. Maybe you wont really appreciate it when it is sprayed on a paper as a sample but try it on your skin and wait for it to blend on your natural body scent and youll find out if its a good frag for you.

I am a fan of Bvlgari scents as I am using Aqva and Extreme (I get the most compliments on Aqva). Both smells great on me but Bvlgari Man gives me this "Sophisticated Modern Man" smell. Im sure my friends will also love this scent on me. Thumbs up on this woodsy spicy with a bit citrusy cologne. :)

I keep on smelling it til now :)

dromidreza
dromidreza

خوشم نیومد از بوی اون.معمولی و تکراری

yella_light
yella_light

Good woody fragrance in a nice-looking bottle.
It's classy and elegant for certain occasions.
Not ideal for Summer, because the heavy scent can be too much for some. A person might be able to pull it off in the Winter, but it's ideal for Fall/Spring.
Clive Owen is the perfect celeb to endorse this masculine fragrance, but I wouldn't classify this as sensual.
Because I'm a businessman myself, I can see myself wearing this into meetings. It definitely screams out, "I'm a businessMAN" or "MAN", so this is for any guy who's seeking a fragrance to wear in a business setting, banquet, dinner party, etc. Very ideal for suits/tuxedos.
It does smell watery and spicy.
It does project quite well, yet subtle. It can be too much if oversprayed, so try not to spray too much around the neck area.
I got mines at Macy's as a gift set with their "lucky lottery/spin the wheel" along with extra gels, bags, keychain, etc.
I wouldn't pay full retail price for this.
(3-4 sprays max)

Versatility: 3 stars
Overall: 4 stars

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

Again the Italian Perfumes, honestly i prefer it because it's not that normal perfume, and when you smell it you know it's different than the French and The American perfumes.
Bulgari Man, is new, actually it's the best of Bulgari.
Bulgari homme was the best one , but Bulgari Man is just better, it's good for casual outing and Perfect for Evenings, not actually for work because you'll fee it's more precious than to spend it at work, unless if you're
a big general manager for an international company or something, lol.
Smell it and you'll definitely like it.

banks1124
banks1124

This is only ok to me. Starts out nice with a subtle but strong masculinity. The middle is really nice-I would wear the middle notes for formal occasions. The base kills me. It smells like ck euphoria to me and that's just boring.

sameel
sameel

awsome awsome and simply awsome! any questions?

khalid_shehab
khalid_shehab

well done Alberto Morillas.
Bvlgari Man woody from beginning to end,not traditional.
Another masterpiece from BVLGARI house.

Roqfort
Roqfort

Great alternative for YSL L'Homme.
Very subtle, classy and sexy.
This is how modern man should smell.
Not for hairy macho, but for the subtle, intelligent guys who know how to smell good.
Great scent with suitable longevity.
4.99/5

pdubrogers
pdubrogers

Genius in my opinion. I've been looking for a slight vetiver frag that doesn't draw a lot of attention. It lasts all day but very subtle. You'll smell it when you least expect it.

mhm1985
mhm1985

strange, very strange scent (in negative way), the opening blast make me nausea, a cheap vetiver scent.

if the listed pyramid is accurate here, so I can conclude that the top notes remains just for fraction of a second, so as you will smell the heart notes when the perfume molecules reach your nose, vetiver, some synthetic woods scent, project 1/2 inch far from your body, and then it the musky/honey drydown comes quickly and settles as a skin scent

too bad,sorry for this ghost's lovers

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Bvlgari Man is a light/ slight modern fragrance that falls in the wear it by day/ to work category. A non offensive scent that really doesn't have much structure.

Opens with a nice bergamont whiff but never really elevates it's self to greatness. The dry down is too polite.

I find BV Man a sorta citrusy, kinda grean, somewhat woodsy frag which never really settles in to any one of these groups.

Sillage and longevity are slightly sub par on me.

Have no comment on the bottle since I reviewed from a sample. But from the picture, I perceive it to be a classic modern macho creation.

Linden
Linden

A sophisticated, very masculine, dry, spicy-woody scent with a hint of fruity sweetness. Seems to quickly develop from top to base very quickly and becomes a skinscent with average longevity. I enjoy and appreciate the quality of the scent, but some sillage would be expected, otherwise there is no point. Quite disappointing as I enjoy most Bvlgari scents and was really looking forward to this one.

smokva
smokva

OK This one is very strange on my skin.
Opening is nice, but once midtones start coming out I'm very confused...at the same time I can smell masterpiece and the smell of the old socks. Very confusing.
After one hour or so smell of the old socks go away and you are left with only brilliant part of it. From there basenotes take over and continue in the same direction with only perfect woody smell. Better part of the midtones and basenotes remind me a lot of Bvlgari pour homme Soir.
On my skin this one can be felt for ages...eight ours at least...and only one hour of those I can smell dirty old socks.
It is a great pick, but be careful not to date someone during old socks phase :) I still prefer Soir, but will consider buying this one also in the future.

chaf-sama
chaf-sama

this is the best fragrance has never smell it before.
I will give 9/10 for this very great perfume its masculine and clasic.
i recommend it for every wise man ;)

irffy
irffy

Definitely The Best Fragrant...

xmanol
xmanol

In my opinion this is one of the best releases not only of the Bvlgari house, but also of the past few years.

The scent is at the same time light, classy and decisively masculine. It is unmistakeably woody (clean, freshly cut woods), fresh but also well rounded. There is a hint of citrus in the opening that fades for the woods to come forward and dominate after the opening. However the citrus is so masterfully integrated that you never get this frequently annoying 'citrusy' opening note found in 99% of perfumes of the same vein.

It has a restraint and elegant feel and I would describe it as a minimalist's fresh outdoors fragrance. I have to agree with a number of people who claim that it is rather 'safe' and not very bold, but my feel is that it was meant to be this way - just like a simple and understated mono-block minimal sofa that doesn't need lion heads carved on its sides and legs to be beautiful.

Overall, to me Bvlgari Man is one of the classiest Bvlgaris for men available (alongside Soir) and a first class signature scent for any occasion and climate.

Niandco
Niandco

Ok, I've been looking for years and years to find a fragance 100% my taste, and finally i've found it. And this is it! A piece of art. Delightfull, kind, humble, uplifting, intelligent and overall MASCULINE. If your first experience with this was "WOW this is really nice", you will never get tired of smelling it, that's for granted.
BUT since it is a "safe" fragance, it will NEVER be invasive, and that is the cause for the main critic that it has: "Lack of projection & quickly fades away". So, if you only use it in you wrists and neck, it will be too weak after one or two hours. Then... feel free to spray it all over! And only for the best. Spray it in your wrists, neck, arms, legs, head, hands, ears, nose and eyes... ;) and you'll be the whole day expelling the nicest, most elegant and masculine smell possible, and without bothering anyone. To me, one of the best fragances ever. Love at first smell, should I say.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

This is so light that I can barely smell it. I like Bvlgari fregrances just not this one.

eir
eir

Love it on my boyfriend,classic yet young! Man like and not teenage.

manofscents
manofscents

What folks have to keep in mind is that this 'mens' cologne isn't supposed nor does it claim to be a jaw dropping out of this world frag. it is an elegant and intriguing fragrance, without relation to age, for a man as the name suggests. another masterpiece from the house of bvlgari. great work

Voile
Voile

A cashmere wrap, a wingback chair, in front of the fire with a rum drink. If only there were a concentrate. Silage may be poor, but keep spraying. Sometimes subtelty gets the vote. Puts the "He Woods" to shame. Can't wait to purchase the new limited edtition. For me Bvlgari is now on the radar. Happy New Year All!

Barolo
Barolo

Tried this one, as it came in a 12 cologne sampler gift set, and hands down this was the worst scent in the box.

Like momma taught ya, if you don't have anything nice to say... I'm done.

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

Bvlgari Man....A really nice woodsy spicy fragrance. I also agree about this being a great office scent, that will not offend or be intrusive in anyway. A very nice Spring scent, that is suited for 20+ years....IMO. Although my 16 year old son does own and loves this one???

qwerty82
qwerty82

Tried this at the weekend. I own several Bvlgari's including Pour Homme, Aqva and PH Soir and this Bvlgari Man is by far the weakest on my skin.
A very average scent which does not compare with Pour Homme or Aqva. This scent does not offer anything different from the boring scents that are flooding the men's markets these days.

bronstein
bronstein

Very modern, yet unintrusive. Spicey, but nevertheless difficult to identify. Presumably it won't annoy anyone, and that is - as mentioned below - almost perfect for a day at the office. You won't get many compliments, but that's not the point of this scent. For what it wants to be: well done.

myudig
myudig

best for cool office wear. Definitely masculine and sophiticated scent, as well as boss bottled.

9/10 - day fragrance

sushi.jelly
sushi.jelly

At first I like it because it really smeels sophisticated, like a gentlemen. The opening is overwhelmed with tea leaf, some hint of lotus, and wood.

Then I find the scent is too much that it gives me nausea and headache. Bye.

katrosado
katrosado

Really like this fragrance. I rarely like fragrance on men but this one is smooth, round and doesn't slap me in the face or envelope me in a cloud.

In fact, I wouldn't mind to wear this myself if it were a bit more floral. Decidedly masculine, warm soft honey(ed) woods with just the right amount of patch. Not too much silage, just enough. As another reviewer put it so eloquently---not a shout of I love you across a crowded room but a soft and seductive I love you whispered in an ear. Very nice.

Anup
Anup

My dad had accidentally bought this for himself when i recommended him Bvlgari black. He wasn’t disappointed, and neither was i when i smelled this.

It doesn’t try to make you smell more like a man, it more or less assists the smell you’re already naturally born with. This scent will smell different on every person that wears it, guaranteed. I believe that’s what Bvlgari was going to with this fragrance.

Clear and sheer, Bvlgari man is definitely one of the better, more original releases from any designer house as of late. It begins very clean with a soft accord of lotus blossom and violet leaves. Violet leaves are a gamble for me, sometimes they smell very dirty and now that i think of it, liken to patchouli in some ways and other times they can assist in a proper “crispness” without the addition of “calone”.

The lotus blossom is very “white floral-y” if you catch my drift (powdery dewy), but something that this flower has over other white flowers is that it sniffs out sort of velvety, smooth and a hint green. In the heart of the scent i smell a VERY strong vetiver. Not the same vetiver you’ll find in a Guerlain with the same name.

This vetiver is very earthy and soft accented by sandalwoods which only further the notion of “earth”. Finally in the base of this wonderful perfume we find honey, white musks, cashmere woods, amber and benzoin crystals. When i first saw the base of this scent i just KNEW i had to have it and by GOD is it good.

The white musks work together with honey to sort of assist in the sillage and aromatic properties of the base. Smooth cashmere woods paired with amber and benzoin crystals finish up the fragrance with a clap/eyebrows up, as yo suggest “Well, that’s it. What do you think?”

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

a principio muitos disseram que era decepcionante,manipulaçao !!!
Bulgary MAN é unico,um bosque agradavel com suavidade e carisma.fino a altura da marca e exclusivo assim como o frasco,uma obra de arte...projeta muito,fixa bem em dias um pouco quentes ele baixa bem rente a pele,mas indispensavel,bem classudo e casual. deixa rastro e tem um aroma de mel em meio a jardim com flores brancas,maravilhoso!!!

mdelafor
mdelafor

After a month of very intensive searching for a new perfume (to replace D&G The One which dies too quickly on my skin), I suddenly smelled this after a dance performance. I asked the people who just seated themselves, but neither wore anything.
Turned out it was one of the actors who had passed at 2 meters. (And who luckily was kind enough and able to tell me what it was.)
This is the peculiarity of this perfume for me:
very good projection, but not that strong directly on my skin.
Anyway I bought it and it seems to have sufficient longevity (10h) to become my new signature.
Very manly. A bit old school in what for me is the good sense.
Longevity on the skin: it did not seem to re-awake as much to heat as to moisture on the skin (washing in the morning).

bp

Perfect, Wonderful, Enchanting, Exquisite, Charming, Attractive, Modern, Timeless, Chic, Bombastic...
This is Bvlgari Man...
Magnificently blameless...
It is magnificent in the sense that there is not a sweet perfume, or smell the flowers, or soft, or something that is typically associated with women's perfumes...
This is 100% male... Of that I'm sure...

bp

Now I have my Bvlgari Man I can assure you that it is a wonderful perfume.
It smells really good.
The longevity and projection are very good.
This is definitely a high quality product.
Highly attractive.
I love it.
I strongly recommend.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

When it first was released I dismissed it for I found it was too weak and too non-discript.

Today I revisited this "handsome" scent and thought that it is a really good corporate fragrance, smelling of a sophisticated businessman.

I smell paper, pen, documents, money and power.
Really distinguished and classy. (or a sexy librarian?)

If you want to make an impression in the boardroom or at that all important interview without risking to offend anyone, THIS is the scent I would recommend.

Not the right choice for a creative fashion party though, but then again, this scent matches the limo and all that silver and chrome.

Definitely the best Bvlgari has delivered for men thus far!

scribs

update* surprisingly enough this has turned into one of my most complimented fragrances, it works its magic best when getting right out of the shower but it never fails, i ALWAYS get complimented on it when i wear it, it is subtle but it gets u noticed and people really like it so i am going to correct it and say it is a 7.5 o.o. 10

ANSD
ANSD

This perfume is so good. when i put it, i felt a wonderful, leathery and smoky blast...i loved it! I wish it lasted longer, because it has a very poor longevity.It's so lame!!!!

BTW: It it simmilar to my beloved and discontinued GUCCI ENVY.

sourservice
sourservice

Well this is what the modern man scent should be. Very masculine, woodsy, and subtle. Fresh but not citrusy, perfect for man 27 y.o and up, not boys or teen. Gives confident without overwhelming.

I found this versatile enough for office, outdoor woorker in hot weather, and dinner at evening. Another great fragrance from Bvlgari, especially after tired Bulgari Aqua.

Sillage : B (subtle but notable)
Longevity : B (around 5 hours)
Scent : A-
Overall : Very recommended.

bp

I received a sample of this perfume and loved it.
It has a lot of class, defining the true gentleman.
As for the longevity and projection also seemed to be good.
I am thinking of wanting to have this perfume in my collection.
I love it.

ismellgood
ismellgood

well well well, went to buy versace pour homme and ended up buying this. its pretty good. lot of compliments and lifts my mood. smells divine. but wont leave versace pour homme, will get it next time. somebody next to me bought joop jump and what a cologne that is, awesome. joop jump second in my list after versace. cheers

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

I will add a full review later, but for now I want to post a notes list I just found at Nordstroms (listed for a gift set of Bvlgari Man that is no longer available) that is more fleshed out and I believe more accurate than the others listed (at least based on what I have been able to smell in the scent - I definitely detected olibanum/frankincense throughout the scent and this list confirms it. Also, it would make sense that the sandalwood is not true Mysore, but instead the rougher/sharper australian sandalwood, which is then smoothed out by the "cashmere woods" which is likely the synthetic molecule cashmeran).

Anyhow, here is the fuller list:

Notes: bergamot, lotus flower, violet leaves, pear (white), cypriol, sandalwood (Australian), vetiver, wood (white), woods (cashmere), vegetal amber, musks, benzoin, olibanum, tonka bean, honey (white).

dkat911
dkat911

It's my favorite on a man. I can't get enough of it's addictive smell. It's somewhat spicy but musky at the same time. Very classy without been overwhelming.
It can have a little of a sweet smell without loosing the man scent.
In résumer: beautiful and classy.

alhasan_ali
alhasan_ali

One of my best perfumes of all time. My wardrobe is hardly fixed on one perfume but this perfume has become a regular there now. Really love it. I've had so many compliments from men and women. I am wearing it right now.

Cester
Cester

I remember the first time I used this at home. My brother, who does not like fragrances, asked me what did I just sprayed on me. He was really impressed by the smell and he bought one for himself. The first notes smells somewhat powdery and then the dry down is woodsy musky or something like that. It smells sophisticated and masculine. I won't regret buying this even though for me, its longevity and sillage are just average.

ryldyl
ryldyl

This fragrance can remind me of Terre d'Hermes a bit in the drydown but starts off crisp and peppery. After the chemical note wears off it gets a bit peppery with a light floral tone that develops into a more woodsy note after 5 hours. Lasts about 6-7hours on a hot day for me but a bit longer if I spray it on my clothes and around the collar. Stays close to the skin on me. Nice scent for the fall and spring. Not sure about summer for me.

Scent:8.5
Sillage:7
Projection:6.5
Longevity:7
Overall: 7.25

(Edit)Finally figured out that strange note that I had a problem with to begin with in this one as Vetiver. It smelled rank the first time I caught it but it kind of grew on me. Not a vetiver fan but this one is subtle enough to be collected.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I have tested this on and off since its release and have decided to get a bottle of this. I kind of dismissed at the outset as a bit "nothingy " but it needs to be tested in isolation to get the full benifits of the the scent.

This fragrance is very clever in my opinion because it seems to have spatial awareness in its notes that allow the different aspects of the fragrance to develop in a minimalist low hum. The main feel I get from this is an elegant honey vetiver which lingers for many hours. It isn't loud which is not a bad thing. To me it is the difference between shouting "i love you" across the room and sweetly whispering it into somebody's ear.

AjaySandal
AjaySandal

IMHO, this is epitome of sophistication & opulence. I won’t be flabbergasted if it goes on to become a modern classic because of its versatility.

It’s not been deliberated for the youth since it clearly appears to be a signature scent for that self assured, matured man. No overkill on those subtle citrus notes that have been added at the top to give it whiffs of freshness. I can smell the abundantly rich, woody cashmere notes.

Projection is really nice & Longevity is decent too (nearly 5 – 6 hours on my skin). Be ready for compliments galore although you may not sense its presence on yourself after a couple of hours. Clearly a day wear for the spring/fall season. The bottle design is really eye-catching!

treenhe
treenhe

this came in a job lot of samples i bought on ebay and, having read the reviews mentioning it's unisex qualities, i decided to give it a try. (i don't have a poor unsuspecting bf to try it on.) i'm not used to sampling or analysing men's scents so please bear with me. i got the violet and lotus very fleetingly at the start, which is a good thing because there was the slightest tinge of sweat about it but for the most part, it is wood and amber to me. gentle, unobtrusive without being hidden, warm, classy and it lasts a long time. another scent tested with me being unaware of it's morillas credentials and another morillas scent that i would walk over hot coals for. why hasn't this man been knighted yet? lovely on me, if a little masculine but i feel i could pull it off in winter but if i found a man wearing this i might just follow him home :) (get your minds out the gutter please!)

scribs

i just got this fragrance like 3 days ago and though i do like it i have to say it is a bit of a walking contradiction. the name makes it sound like it would be extremely rugged and masculine and it is not that at all i envision the regular joe using this to go to his job as a telemarketer, the scent itself kinda smells powdery to me and it has hints of aquatic (ask me how that happened) longevity and projection are also in scarcity seeing as though it lasts like 4 hours on my skin and does project much further than a person who leans in to smell u.. when i saw the amazingly crafted bottle i was expecting a fragrance that was as strong and maybe more elegant than the stronger bvlgari fragrances, but this one was not up to par... it is an enjoyable fragrance but it lacks son WOW-FACTOR to it... all and all i would give this a 6 o.o. 10 , and the bottle is amazing (just thought i should point that out)

Cylob
Cylob

Light, generic woody aquatic. It's like every designer frag these days has to be office proof. A shame...
It reminds me of Bleu de Chanel, but Bleu is much deeper and has 10x more character than this one.
Turned very sour on my skin, so had to wash it off after a few hours.

atuk
atuk

Just tested it this morning and I must say this. I GOTTA HAVE IT AND I GOTTA HAVE IT RIGHT NOW.

rzesteves
rzesteves

Great fragrance! The kind of cologne I was looking for daily usage on office. It fits well with you if you wear a business suit and like to feel comfortable without disturbing anyone around.I get a wonderful scent of wood combined with honey and some spicy.Longevity is great and sillage is good.Congratulations Bvlgari!

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

I hate lotus flower and it's the main player here.
Lotus with sweetness from honey and benzoin sitting in a woody base.
Not appealing to my taste.
Longevity 6 hours with good projection.

ososigma16
ososigma16

I like it, it's fresh, modern, and discret, nothing special as some reviews saying, in my opinion perfect for the office men, not offensive but distinctive.
I spry it on me at 7 am, it's 3 pm and still smelling it.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Bvlgari Man may not be as groundbreaking as everybody expected, but it's a nice fragrance. It starts with floral and citrus notes at the same time. I get some lemon, violet leaf and a fruity note that I identify as pear, although it's not listed in here.

The rest of the development reminds me of the white color. I get some soft white flowers and some woody notes, but no honey. Staying power and sillage are okay, but could be better.

ordealbyfire
ordealbyfire

My sister got a sample of this when she went to some store. I must say, at first I didn't care for it. Now it's starting to grow on me. Not a FANTASTIC fragrance, but it's pretty good. Smells a little like a baby wipe, or baby powder.. except I don't exactly like baby wipes and baby powder. Definitely a spring/summer/morning/afternoon scent that I think a guy of about any age could wear. It's priced fairly appropriately. I'd give it a 7.5.

costaleo
costaleo

At first it was disappointing. But it's a Bvlgari, a house that I have always been a great fan of (and I had bought a whole bottle), so I had to give it some other tries. To my surprise, I grew to love this gem.

I do not consider it to be a citrus scent. It's much more than that. There is a citrus feel to it because of the bergamot, but trust me, it goes far beyond a simplistic label. Bvlgari Man evolves and evolves. It is as refined as a Bvlgari could be. Morillas accepts the market appeal and that's for sure, but he creates something new out of what could easily be commom, ordinary and deja-vu. It's a perfect scent for any occasion. You'll do well at the gym or in a classic event. In a suit or in sports clothes. It's also a great candidate for a signature scent because of its versatility and good vibe.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Oh my god! Huge disappointment. i am feeling very very sorry for Bvlgari. Great advertisement great packaging but a poor fragrance. Very light very ordinary, it is like a plain water in the bottle poor projection poor silage and poor longevity. It is diluted oriental/spicy sort of fragrance.
I give it 5 out of 10.

Rob Frost
Rob Frost

I obtained a sample and must say that this is an absolutely beautiful (and versatile) scent. I just love the beeswax note. (I agree that the opening is somewhat reminding of Burberry London, but a few minutes later, it's very much different; likening these two scents would be misleading.)

A few words on the difficulty to judge a fragrance's longevity and sillage:

Some say Bvlgari Man's projection and longevity are great, some say they're poor. Personally, I'm undecided. On one hand, I certainly wish the scent was stronger and longer lasting: as unbelievable as it may sound, ten minutes after applying it onto my wrist, I sometimes have a very hard time detecing the smell with my nose touching my skin (and I've read that others made a similar experience). But I do get the occasional faint whiff of it when my nose isn't close to my wrist, so it must be there, lingering in the air.

On the other hand, I have the suspicion that this might be at least partly the result of my nose becoming blind to the smell extremely quickly, unabling me to judge the actual sillage and longevity. In contrast to what I wrote above, I've applied Bvlgari Man on the back of my hand yesterday at 8 pm, could hardly detect it in the following hours, but today at 8 am, I was surprised that I could smell its faint remains on my skin at first sniff, a full twelve hours after application.

To form a more reliable opinion, I'd have to ask someone else every hour or so if s/he can still smell Bvlgari Man on me and from how far away - a method that's not very practical, but more likely to yield an objective result.

I've had this before with other fragrances. I couldn't detect them on my wrist after a relatively short time. Then I opened the window and got a breath of fresh air and suddenly, the scent on my wrist was back (actually, my nose was re-enabled to smell it). Had I re-applied instead, I'd have in fact over-applied.

Interestingly, with some fragrances, this effect doesn't seem to be as much of a problem. One spritz of Azzaro Homme or Guerlain Vetiver on my wrists, for example, and I can smell them for hours without having to bring my nose very close to my skin. They're both much stronger scents, so that my nose can't as easily blend them out. But maybe it also has something to do with the ingredients and how my nose reacts to them.

What's more, noses might in fact work differently. This would explain why some reviews differ so much regarding strength and longevity of a fragrance or its most prominent notes.

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

The best of 2010, perfect. Sometimes he remember the beat burberry, perhaps because of vetiver. Vetiver and bergamot are definitely the notes that most appears in my skin all the time. I LOVE.

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

Ok, I need to get a bigger bottle of it. I think finally I came up with a signiture scent. The funny thing is that I hated this cologne when I first tried it and the only reason I got this was that I found it popular in this website. Now I love it. It is in the middle of refreshing scent and an aromatic scent. It's neither aromatic or refreshing, but it's both of them at the same time. It is terrific, and at the same time safe. You can be wearing this at nights, days, hot weather or cold, but I would choose something stronger in cold days, I guess The One. If you are one of those people who love an intense cologen, this is a perfect choice because it is intense but can't be rude and overpowering, and if you like a refreshing light scent, it still works well. Thank you Bvlgari. Thanks God. ;)
Oh! one more thing to mention: longevity is awesome.

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

Finally got this... Really classy fragrance!!! I love this... perfect for special occasion, or office maybe, if you are a high class business man, heheheh...

sunodennis
sunodennis

It isn´t as bad, I like it, but it has extremely short longevity, at least on my skin... After reading another reviews, there are most opinions saying, that the longevity is one of the turn-ons of this cologne. For me not. I know, that after 4 hours my friend smelled my neck and ask "what cologne am I wearing" - that´s ok, I´m just missing that occasional smell of my cologne, which I will smell, not the others. However, I can recommend.

K LUE
K LUE

Love this scent dry down is sooooo good but unfortunately there is zero projection with this cologne. Definite for the close moments in life.

6.5/10 would have been 10/10 if it actually projected.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Funally I got this perfume, and based on reviews I put high expectation on this fragrance. When I sprayed it on my wrist, top note resembles to CK Eternity or Dior Fahrenheit. I did not notice the base note, but the drydown on me is more like powdery delicate skin. Nice, but probabli I will wear it when I should meet with important collagues. This perfume is firm, not screaming but it is there!

Helsinki
Helsinki

MAN is definitely the oriental king of Bvlgari.

You guys who know Kelly Caleche by Hermes: Bvlgari Man is Kelly's masculine equivalent. It oozes eminence and despite its strong herbal structure, it manages to stay distant (meaning aristocratic).

Amber and beeswax/white honey balance this oriental creation very well. The fragrance lasts a few hours on skin; this is pretty typical to Bvlgari frags.

For cold, sunny days.

querelle
querelle

When I smell Bvlgari Man, there is only one word coming up: SAFE. And then I think about the first verses of that song from Randy Rodgers Band, called Reason to stay: "You look pretty good, for all that you've seen
Your smiles still as bright as its ever been
You wont show your eye, scared that they might
Show all the world what you told me last night..."
Any reason to stay?

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Ok DO NOT try on paper, TEST ON SKIN! Big difference.
This perfume is easy for me to explain;
The smell is modern and sensual, spicy and floral, musky, sexy, oriental.
Reminiscent to Molton Brown's Black Pepper.
Also on the initial application it's reminiscent to Narciso Rodriguez, but it's far less musky and more smoky.
The projection, for the style of fragrance it is, is a very good at first, I could smell my hand from belly height notably. Unfortunately te longevity is quite poor, so this projection disappears quickly, within the hour, then stays very close to the skin.

More in your face projection and lasting alot longer would grant a purchase for me.
If I have to pay the amount the department store wants for it, I'd rather walk a block over and get Molton Brown Black Pepper for just a tad more than the price of this.

antonpan
antonpan

This fragrance is not for a mass public and not for the youth. Bvlgari Man is another one example of trendy woody green scents, but much softer than, for example, Kenzo Homme Boisee. It's a typical Bvlgari fragrance: clean, light and dry, that would be excellent for office wearing, for those who don't like to smell "loud".

Well rounded fragrance that's created to please a general public (the same trend with Bleu de Chanel) It does has the element of The Soir and the Extrême, plus something sweeter, peppery, clean fresh, and younger feel to this new mix. It's a clean sophisticated and masculine scent. I think it's perfect for everyday use, especially for office use. In addition, the bottle is gorgeous. Who can resist?

adhieoprah
adhieoprah

I always adore perfume line from Bvlgari ... from pour home to soir and I always loved the way they created scent which are remarkable scent ...

For Bvlgari for man I found not very surprising with the smell, somehow I did smell the same essence like bvlgari soir and I was so surprise what a resemble to terre de hermes. But I like this more, because it's more has a soft version.

and the bottle ... great design

This one contains that new cedar wood note that I don't like at all. It's also in the very inexpensive Cuba Red, but there, plenty of spice and other "masculine" notes keep it from becoming irritating. Here, unfortunately, it ruins the fragrance for me, though I'm not a big fan of the other notes either. Is this the Iso E Super molecule? I enjoy vintage fragrances mostly these days, but what I can say for sure is that I'd much rather wear Cuba Red than this one, and I don't find myself especially drawn to CR these days. The wood note is just too "synthetic," sort of like a metallic dust with some cedar shavings mixed in there.

Bvlgari Man is pleasantly light and airy, a slightly more conservative and clean release from the house of Bvlgari.

This fragrance is suitable for pretty much everyone. Because of its simplicity however, I can see many people getting bored by it. It doesn't tend to develop much past a clean and musky woods scent, and in some ways it smells like many other fragrances on the market today.

I find Bvlgari Man quite watery at times and a tad too simple, however it's one fragrance I can safely say won't offend anyone with its presence. For my own personal wear I don't find it all too feminine and in some ways it can be too discreet.

On a rather warm day, I do believe this fragrance could be quite refreshing, yet I think it could work well in any season. When I tested this fragrance out on a male friend of mine I was quite surprised by how clean and natural this fragrance was on him, which was a relief seeming that his skin often turns a fragrance bitter and strong.

Overall a likable fragrance, while although playing it safe, is worthy of a purchase for those that aren't into anything too bold.

jtappenden

After repeated usage,this is a very well-rounded fragrance.Sensual & masculine,but with a modern emphasis.

jtappenden

This fragrance has certain aqua elements which are very similar to Beyond Paradise For Men.However,the mix & blend is very subtle.Really the highest quality.

VanAllan
VanAllan

I'm not a huge fan of Bvlgari fragrances (except Soir & Black), so when I tested Bvlgari Man today I tried to keep an open mind about it...and I think I did!

A complex fragrance that starts green-fresh-aromatic & faint woody (bergamot & violet leaf - strong & in your face) with a touch of sweet flower (lotus) and some wet woods (reminds me here of a stronger version of Bvlgari PH Soir) that surrounds you for the first couple of hours.

The middle is really elegant with clear dry vetiver and warm sandalwood that completes the nice opening and stays like this another 2 hrs. Aromatic woods, musk and a distant amber & honey feeling rises at drydown.

I instantly placed this wonderful release on my 'want' list (together with Bvlgari PH Soir,even if they are not very different, but enough for me to deserve a separate purchase). My humble rank 8.5/10. ☣☣☣☣

jtappenden

A recent purchase.Very refined,sophisticated & urbane.Great product.

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:
Top : A fresh opening citrusy scent, with a burst of pepper scent and spices. Smells very classy. 1-3 hours mark.

Middle: The scent dries down with a little woody scent kicking in, honey like scent pops out, but not over powering. 2-3 hours mark.

Base: I get nothing but amber and woody scent. 1-2 hours mark.

I wish the top notes lasted a little longer.

Practically boring to me.

A great scent for the day, or for the work, if this lasted 8 hours on your skin and you are working in the bank or some corporate company, this is the scent for you.

Practically, it is a good scent, it is not ground breaking, it is an easy scent, that girls might be pleased with the scent.

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This works very well on both, but better daily, it is a little quiet at night or cold, but for sure it could be someone's date scent.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 2 (nice try Bvlgari, but citrus is common scent, adding the pepper just makes it like peanut better with blackcurrant jam).

Sillage: 3 (this is okay, its not gonna get attention, it is not loud, it can be scent from a whiff of air).

Time length: 3 (unfortunately, I get 6 hours for this juice).

Occasion: 3 (100% work scent, if you get 8 hours from this, this is for sure a great working scent which is on par with Allure and Bleu).

Overall base on mathematics: 2.75/5

Nice try Bvlgari, but I have yet to experience something better from your house =)

rainydays
rainydays

My criteria for the cologne I would buy for my bf set a pretty high bar. I wanted something somewhat youthful, but didn't remind me of an Abercrombie or Hollister scent. It had to be more sophisticated than that. I also didn't want a scent so mature that it reminded me of my dad. Therefore, it had to be not too heavy. But at the same time it had to smell masculine, so there had to be a kick of spices, not just aquatic, citrus, etc. Well this was it! After smelling nearly everything, Bvlgari Man hit the mark. It fits all of what I listed above; starts out with vetiver (love it) and bergamot, and dries down smooth. The honey isn't too sweet, just enough to be slightly evident. Delicious, manly, and for many occasions and personalities.

Roan
Roan

First sniff - depth and strong. At the end, that two "definitions" are true. Usually citruses in such perfumes come out, but I didn't smell it now...it's instantly woody and deep. First perfume to compare with it dropped on my mind, and that was Burberry London, I thought that here is also cinnamon, but after the 5min, at the end of opening the same line as the London disappears. Second one to compare in my head was Bvlgari Soir. I thought that Man is a intense version of it, woodier, darker. At the end, Man stays alone as Bvlgari Man. It's long losting, but it's not a screamer..it stays close to the scin. Alberto made a fragrance for men that is very intriguing to wear it during the day. It looks like a "night version" of a perfume. It has deepness, like it has spices but it hasn't, especially pepper...the base is not so soft as it should be because of honey, ambra and musk. Base is also prickly as the whole composition..it has something that outlet the composition (like the patchouly in most of the scents). It's not powdery and creamy, it's simply menly and interesting. I find it really nice for cold weather use...Bvlgari doesn't make extravagant fragrances, maybe only jewels :) but it has that classy smell that is nice, steady, peaceful, woody till the end...
For a man who like elegance, and it will open a passanger door to a girl when entering a car... ;) I want it!

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

this smells like Narciso Rodriguez ..very green smell..but narciso is alot greener smell, while this one is lighter version...i really love the opening...it smells like rainforest while its raining...longevity is good...6 7 hours...another great scent from bvlgari

Gelladon
Gelladon

Got a sample of this today. All I can say is wonderful!!!!!! Clean,light,fresh and classy a good choice. But I personally perfer Bleu De Chanel.

guest_bersan
guest_bersan

its a very great perfume its masculine and clasic perfume from bvlgari home

Tested this yesterday and received a sample vial which, by the way, is nearly half-gone after reapplying this morning...

After listening to the interview with Alberto Morillas, I was very excited to try it, and despite the apathy of my best girl at my favorite counter, I LOVE IT!!

This is not what I would call a citrus scent; although, the bergamot adds to the overall green aura it possesses-as do the lush violet leaves, and the lotus lends a soft watery nuance that keeps it fresh but not "aquatic". The woody heart is well-blended and the vetiver is dry and clean. The drydown for me is really nice: the kiss of honey, alongside the ambery musk and rich benzoin, makes it smooth and elegant without the usually heavy aromatic air associated with these oriental notes. The patchouli here is barely discernable but gives it an earthy feel, and adds to the woody heart notes. This is very masculine and modern, with great longevity and decent projection. It does not scream MAN, but when you catch a whiff of it...there is no doubt!

Sillage: good
Longevity: excellent
Overall: 4.75/5

This is a dry, green-woody very modern scent that may be too "light" for some, but I really dig it. It is unlike anything in the other Bulgari men's scents (the only one I do not have is the Exteme)and it is bound to be popular. I feel it would be good for anytime of year and just about any purpose (school, work, date, going out...). Despite its overall ethereal quality it lasts most of the day and is very sexy...

bwcw81
bwcw81

Like other said, totally agree that this is going to be a classic for Bvlgari house! High quality juice that blend many unique scent all in one that will boost your masculinity in hours!

Classic as the bottle shown, the first notes is dusty fresh citrus that lift your mood up, minutes later, it turned to second notes that evolve a total of at least 3 scents substantially! It turn from light floral to light woody then to sandalwood and heavier woody notes! It was like bringing you up to hike up that takes at least 5 hours before it slowly mellow to last notes, a moderate strength of musky amber with some hints of light woody notes. Overall it last at least 7 hours on me. Superb longevity!

Truly unique in the way it blend many different special scent all in one, while allowing each of it to project one by one clearly! Give it a try and you will know how it was the feeling of being a Bvlgari MAN.

I will give 9/10 for this. A true classic for every modern men. The fragrance's simplistic bottle design pair with the sophisticated juice match it's name: Bvlgari MAN.

junior halston
junior halston

This is great scent very luminous and the use cypriol give the scent a rich smokey papyrus wood feeling.

I have to agree the bottle is just way too much over done. Its heavy as hell with this pearl like sheen to the glass accented with a black top with big bold BVLGARI and inlaid cap again with BVLGARI. Way too much.

lovescully
lovescully

In my humble opinion, so far this is the top male fragrance of 2010. Compared to the sheer and utter disappointment of the overhyped Chanel Bleu & Davidoff Champion masculine releases this year, this absolute stunner has rather quietly (in comparison) snuck in under the radar.

This really has the feeling of opulence in a bottle. The honey and musk combination is superb, but the honey never feels gourmand in the slightest. I didn’t find it to be too spicy or woody, just a very sophisticated & semi-sweet gentle oriental.

For a Bvlgari scent the sillage & longevity seem above average. Which is to say that compared to non Bvlgari scents, they’re probably about average. I wore this to my 25 year high school reunion the other night and nearly 3 hours in I was still being asked what that beautiful smell was? I couldn’t really detect it much after 4 or 5 hours, but it was a pretty big party, so I’ll need to test again in a more usual capacity.

Now if I can just get my hands on some balm &/or body wash, I think I may have found my new signature scent. By the way, I love the bottle! I’ve got the large one and it certainly feels and looks expensive.

guest_odie
guest_odie

Tried it today because I am a fan of Bvlgari scents. Was very close to purchasing and I'm pleased to say I picked up a sample instead.

I've never experienced this kind of reaction myself with any fragrance (ever), but within seconds it became almost painful after applying one small spritz.

It attacked my senses, went shredding through my sinuses and immediately targeted a sharp spot behind my eyes. I waited for this to dissipate, but what I can only describe as a piercing or pinching persisted as I was unrelentingly "smothered" by an avalanche of fresh wood shavings as slight nausea set in.

Sadly in this case, projection and longevity is very, very impressive. I love the house and have respect for this perfumer, however will do my best to avoid this scent.

guest_snoopy
guest_snoopy

very spicy with a sort of latin feel,a good fragrance just not for me

jonr951
jonr951

I got to try Man today and I know I liked it but I don't remember it much at all. I know it was really really nice but I just don't remember it. LOL! I have to test it more to see if I need to get me a bottle. Having never been a fan of the Bvlgari line for men I have to say that this is probably the best from them so far. The bottle is so so nice as well! I want it just for the bottle! LOL! I'll report back when I test it again. I hope everyone else gets to try it soon! : )

guest_kiach006
guest_kiach006

i got to test it today and its a lovely uplifting scent.the base notes of cashmere wood and amber cannot stop soothing my smell senses.i realy smell great

Lance
Lance

Notes are great! I'm just wondering how the compositon will be, especially it's from my favourite nose Alberto Morillas :)
Just can't wait!!!

Dirk
Dirk

Oh very interesting a new Bvlgari.
Cant wait to test this.
As i love Bvlgari perfumes
and made by one of the best perfumers out there. :)

this are gonna be a very different, sofisticaded and sensdual fragrance for man...... I really want to try this...

Bvlgari Man by Bvlgari 3.88 out of 5 based on 904 ratings and 186 user reviews

87.00
BVLGARI M A N Fall 2013 Set Value 153 , 1 ea
BVLGARI M A N Fall 2013 Set Value 153 , 1 ea
Gift Set 2oz
Bvlgari Man Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 60ml 2oz After Shave Balm 75ml 2.5oz Shampoo Shower Gel 75ml 2.5oz 3pcs
Bvlgari Man Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5oz
Bvlgari Man Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5oz
Eau De Toilette 5oz
BVLGARI MAN Eau de Toilette 5 oz.
BVLGARI MAN Eau de Toilette 5 oz.
BVLGARI MAN Eau de Toilette
BVLGARI MAN Eau de Toilette
BVLGARI MAN Eau de Toilette 5 oz. 5 oz
BVLGARI MAN Eau de Toilette 5 oz. 5 oz
Bvlgari Man by Bvlgari for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.0 oz
Bvlgari Man by Bvlgari for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.0 oz
BVLGARI MAN for MEN by Bvlgari EDT SPRAY 2 OZ
BVLGARI MAN for MEN by Bvlgari EDT SPRAY 2 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bvlgari Bvlgari Man fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bvlgari Bvlgari Man, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bvlgari Man by Bvlgari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bvlgari Man by Bvlgari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.