Designers » B » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Bvlgari Pour Homme Bvlgari for men

Bvlgari Pour Homme Bvlgari for men
dislike

I have it: 661 I had it: 325 I want it: 244 My signature: 19

Bvlgari Pour Homme Bvlgari for men Pictures Bvlgari Pour Homme Bvlgari for men Pictures Bvlgari Pour Homme Bvlgari for men Pictures Bvlgari Pour Homme Bvlgari for men Pictures

Bvlgari Pour Homme by Bvlgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Bvlgari Pour Homme was launched in 1996. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier. Top notes are aldehydes, lavender, mandarin orange, tea, nutmeg flower, bergamot, black currant blossom and orange blossom; middle notes are cyclamen, coriander, carnation, iris, pepper, guaiac wood, brazilian rosewood, geranium and cardamom; base notes are tonka bean, amber, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Aldehydes Lavender Mandarin Orange Tea Nutmeg Flower Bergamot Black Currant Blossom Orange Blossom

Cyclamen Coriander Carnation iris Pepper Guaiac Wood Brazilian Rosewood Geranium Cardamom

Tonka Bean Amber Musk Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Bvlgari Extreme
Oolang Infini
Musk
Yang

Bvlgari Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Jadelynn
Jadelynn

This is basically what I want every man to smell like: strong, sensual, but still warm and comforting. Every time I smell this on someone, I just want to get closer to them, and maybe bury my nose in their neck for a little while.

I know this fragrance is near 20 years old now, but after all this time, it still drives me crazy.

Surprising that I'd never tired this one until now because it's not that I have anything against this house. Bvlgari scents are usually well put together, however not one appeals to me, except for black perhaps and maybe some like this, that I haven't tried yet.

I actually saw it in my friends bathroom and when I had a spray was pleasantly surprised.

Pour Homme is instantly a very pleasing fresh musky citrus and aldehydes, then a growing tea which is the theme of the perfume. Nothing not to like here infact I think it's excellent in many ways a sweet yet ever so slightly dry, woody composition which many will enjoy. There is something slightly floral in there too which keeps it upbeat.
Average longevity and projection and not once does this feel cheap.
I'm a fan truly a great fragrance.

Reese1861
Reese1861

This smells so clean and fresh. I love it.

neo_xx
neo_xx

I would say it is a Tea sprinkled with light peppers, complemented by musk and floral notes.

actually it is comforting scent with its own character. I can say it is classy actually .

has very good longevity , as for projection it is average . in fact it sits close to skin after the first hour.

I would give it 8 out of 10 .

it smells good and different , you should try it .

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I agree that it's a very long lasting scent with above average silage. It's kinda hard to overspray it as I usually give it 6 squirts. This and Chanel Allure were my go to scents when I first really got into fragrances. BPH does have a calming effect and is a very comforting scent. Very fresh and floral and excellent for spring/summer. As I said it's one of my 1st loves and I have been through 3 bottles.

samientor
samientor

Genuine smell "zen". None too sound, none too sophisticated. Simple, contemplation, intimate. Calming beauty in small bottle. Care - highly addictive. can be boring for some guys loving loud applauses.

Puds1970
Puds1970

Received and tried this yesterday. Have to admit I didn't care for the opening. It's tea, Floral and damp earth to my nose. But after 3-4 hours it settles down to a unique florals note.
Not a great projector and IMO one that you personally are going to enjoy and not the people around you.

balkantraveler
balkantraveler

One of my closest friends from college gave this to me as a birthday gift many years ago, and I still have it. The alcohol is pungent when I first spray this on, and it starts off with a generic "perfume smell", but it quickly settles in to a fresh, green, woody fragrance. Usually I associate "woody", with a deeper, winter-type fragrance, but this is a good fresh fragrance even in hot weather.

mcaldow
mcaldow

Absolutely fantastic, has character and is unique, for me at least. Very well done fragrance, definitely worth buying and trying!!

umer ch
umer ch

Unique.. Sexy.. Attractive..
My most favourite of all.

AlaskaWomanTwo
AlaskaWomanTwo

I gave this to my husband to try. It was amazing on him, subtle but long lasting. It was very sexy but you had to be close...

Since he died, I sometimes spray it on pillows on his side of the bed. It's not as good as it was when mixed with his personal scents, but it's still very nice. I would wear it myself, except it doesn't care for my skin, so it gives me hives. This is the original pour Homme, not, as others have said, any of the other formulations.

The shampoo/shower gel has the same base notes, and that I could use, but cannot find it anymore.

This is not the scent for someone on the hunt, but for those who wish to leave their lovers with a scent that cannot be forgotten, try this...

ThiagoRRGomes
ThiagoRRGomes

One of the best colognes the exist!
Rich, intense, great!
Stays on for hours! People usually ask me what I am wearing when I have it on.
For those who still haven´t tried it, I do suggest to do so!
One of my top 3, for sure!
Only Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme beats it!

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

Smells like a bag/purse with makeup, a mix of smells of make up, lip stick, wood from sharpened eyeliners and a flowers perfume. Mix all that and you get the idea of what this smells like.

OdeKlotyo
OdeKlotyo

The notion that this is weak, lacks tenacity etc. is simply wrong. Anyway, ask those around you and blame musk anosmia.
Even with moderate spraying, it pulsates on me through entire day, I can clearly catch whiffs of this blissful scent.
The star here is a great dry, yet warm, vegetal musk, supported by bergamot, tea, pepper and iris.

Vikitoria
Vikitoria

This, on the right man, is THE most exquisite scent I have ever had the pleasure to experience. It is definitely for the refined, the elegant, the true gentleman.

If my love is gone too long, I spray it on my clothing to feel nearer to him. I've gotten compliments on it myself.

Make sure to try the Homme, not Extreme, Soir, or any other. Some salespeople confuse them, it is easy to do.

Do enjoy.

tomerai
tomerai

A lot of reviewers said that this scent was "polite", that it was for the polite man, the well mannered and reserved man and that is what interested in this fragrance because I am that kind of man.
When my sister sniffed this on my wrist she didn't want to let go. She said it was interesting and that she never smelled anything like it before.
For me the initial spray kind of reminded me of Sprite. A couple of hours into it and I felt like I sprayed soda on my wrist.
I really wanted to like this and from all the reviews I was hoping that maybe I had just found my signature scent but alas it just didn't do anything for me and I'm still left signature-less.

Seanery
Seanery

I like this scent a lot but it doesn's seem like a scent that I would want to make a statement with. This seems like an 'everyday wear' perfume because it isn't loud or sharp but more constant and soothing.

I was reading some of the reviews before mine and It seems that for the wearer, it isn't really that noticable but that for people near the wearer, it is more noticable.

This is a pleasant perfume that isn't a blaze of fire that lives for a moment, but more like a slow burning bed of embers that burns and lasts through the night.

Lom
Lom

The best way to appreciate this fragrance is to live with someone who wears it. It might seem soft for the user, but not for his lover. I used to date a guy that used it and I actually thought that it's his natural body smell, and I loved it. It's elegant, sexy and reassuring.
Now it's time for me to be the wearer of it

stromboli77
stromboli77

Solid scent. The composure of it as one reviewer said is unmatched by any other fragrance. Its not flashy but its still seductive. Its very light yet innocently heavy at the same time. Its not loud but it will sneak up on you. Starts off with the trademark bvlgari tea note mixed with a light smooth orange grind accord along with some other florals which ultimately warms down into a light aromatic and slightly woody and musky base. What makes this really shine is that the musk is a bit laid back. Not to much in your face which compliments the floral notes perfectly. The tea and citrus still stick around along with a light woody base to round out an absolute perfect fragrance. This garners a lot of compliments....trust me. The tea note in this is amazing because it literally gives off that soothing and calming effect that I was talking about. A very classy and invigorating fragrance.

Goktug
Goktug

This is very elegant gentlemen fragrance, must have one at least !

ronnyeitan
ronnyeitan

Its a nice fragrance, thats light and very unique.
I say this works very well.

bizz1001
bizz1001

You can be rest assured that if you had a Bvlgari Pour Homme in near or distant future you will buy it again.. Maybe you didn'l like his sillage,maybe you hated that it lasts too short(so does life)?? It is too late for you-HE is in your mind.. I'm convinced when a certain singer wrote:"Dark eyes and careless hair, You were fashionably sensitive
But too cool to care."-her man was wearing Bvlgari..

haasemanzi
haasemanzi

Do not be fooled by the term "extreme", pour homme is better in every way ...

Redbeard
Redbeard

This is the most contemporary professional scent I've encountered so far, with an elusiveness that fascinates me. The last few times I had to wear a suit (which are few and far between!) I felt obligated to wear Bulgari Pour Homme because to me it smells like the Platonic ideal of an expensive, flawlessly tailored and pressed suit. Or maybe the idealized smell of freshly laundered linens at the most expensive hotel in the city, the very first time you walk in the door to your room. The best I can come up with is that it's a moderately sweet, but clean, grayish fabricky musk that is hard to detect when you're searching for it, but always transparently there in the background. I don't know about tea, and if there is pepper in there, I don't really even notice it. Very classy overall, and quite safe in that it wouldn't offend, though perhaps tricky in that I suspect it smells stronger than the wearer is aware of. The bottle and box are both very fitting...gray, transparent and simple with silver accents. It's really a steal at the prices you can get it for online.

halalula1234
halalula1234

I had it.
It was given to me half full by my uncle..
To me its quite light, soft, clean and generic...I didn't personally get the "wow" factor from it...SO it didnt really stand out to me.

Over its a pleasant scent for night time and spring times.

parLAnuit
parLAnuit

very fresh woody

i can't say enough about this cologne- maybe best from bvlgari but i shall add this to the review- you get sick of it after time.

haronushka
haronushka

scent:5
unique:4
longevity:4
sillage:3
overall:16/20

vitilsky

Is there another scent like this that last and projects longer but that is not the Extreme version? The Extreme one just has too much grapefruit and not much tea, which is what I like.

Marciu
Marciu

I like original Bvlgari Pour Homme. However it's not my favourite one from the "Pour Homme" line.

This one is lighter, more floral and less citrusy than Extreme on my skin. It seems to stick closer to skin and projects worse. That's why it's a perfect choice for office scent. The green tea is very prominent here - I get the same feeling known from the Extreme version. It also is, somehow, less sweet than Extreme on my skin.

It works well in warm and hot temperature on me. So, it's a spring and summer fragrance, I'd say.

I appreciate it as a "parent" fragrance for whole Pour Homme "family. But I like Extreme more.

kanak
kanak

a very refined, classy fragrance. a very formal scent in my opinion, i use it on days when i have important business meetings where you want to smell good without charging up other peoples noses!! smells good effortlessly and lasts a long time without screaming hey look at me, instead says they know who you are...Black, BLV, and this are my favorites from the bvlgari line. aqua and aqua marine are more for casual wear in my opinion and besides every other person i know is wearing aqua.. Bvlgari PH has moderate sillage and projection, good longevity. excellent perfume. 9/10

İnline200
İnline200

Farkedilirlik daha fazla olsaydı ınanılmaz guzel bır parfum olurdu icerık olarak cok kaliteli bircok niche parfume tas cıkartır

Way too soft

kazewayz
kazewayz

This is probably if not my favorite from the house of Bvlgari, simply because it lasts a LONG time. Initial spray woody, green, fresh, spicy, citrusy. Dry down is musky and that's fine with me. Elegant scent, good for summer time (night time) or even office use. Projects outstanding. Try it.

lumberjack
lumberjack

Elegance = Bvlgari Pour Homme. Wear it and watch how your soul dancing...

robertodoi
robertodoi

Unfortunately I regretted buying it (blind)because it's very synthetic i.m.o. It reminds me some chemical factories, it´s very strange. I did not feel the scent of tea at the beginning as many have described. The base notes almost do not change.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This is good cologne for office, also this is good for casual wear in summer season

BabyD
BabyD

I like how it smell on my hubby. Well, i gave it to him, of course i do, heh. I guess it good smell for men older then 30. It give me calm and comfort feelings, nice. Not strong and disgusting, so soft as i like.
I see in this tea, bergamot, mandarin, lavender, iris, moss, cedar.
On hair stay all day, but for smell it need come really close. I guess this good smell for working and for relaxing time. In my taste...

tolgaselcuk
tolgaselcuk

delicate,polite,clean..elegance...
definetely feels so classy,rich,charismatic,fresh four season...
scent of royalty in a way..
a very pleasant scent...
doesnt shout,stays close to skin..

I guess its my fav fragrance..

What a baffling composition. I am told that twenty-three notes are present. Of course, we all know that notes are mere metaphors, but in the extremely bizarre case of BVLGARI POUR HOMME, the metaphors clash head-on with my experience.

Aldehydes? Certainly not. Bergamot, well, okay, yes, I suppose, since it is present in 33% of all perfumes. Maybe I can conceive of this as a tea scent. But the rest? They may as well say that this perfume contains unicorns and elves, since I smell them just about as well!

None of this is to say that there is anything essentially wrong with BVLGARI POUR HOMME. It's nice. It's light. It's polite. It's clean and keen. It's the perfect scent for the twenty-first-century open-cubicle office. Indeed: it smells to me rather like just pressed and starched long-sleeved cotton Oxford shirts complete with linked cuffs and button-down collars!

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

Bvlgari Pour Homme...

Like many other Bvlgari fragrances, this is undeniably subtle, beautifully made with the signature tea note. Or perhaps, it is way too subtle, making this lovely edt appear 'mute' and barely detectable. Or, it could possibly be way too subtle 'only' to those who enjoy fragrances like Dior Fahrenheit, PR Black XS, Armani Attitude, TM A*Men, YSL Kouros, or Polo Black, simply because their olfactory sense has become accustomed to strong smelling fragrances with massive projection. Therefore, Bvlgari Pour Homme is just too delicate and too reserve, as the notes are all 'polite' and just 'too shy' to be in the crowd.

Well, honestly this is a nice smelling fragrance with a good lasting power and moderate silage. It starts with a lovely tea note, along with the other florals, later it develops into a faint musky green floral scent. It is quite terapheutic, and soothing, therefore it gives the idea of a charming gentleman, wise, very much reserved and doesnt like to have all the attention, yet worth everything in the world should a woman is sensitive enough to detect his presence.

(I think Aqua is the strongest scent from the house of Bvlgari, great longevity and silage, with sharp citrus marine scent and zesty marine freshness)

haborym26
haborym26

One of the most beautiful fragrance that I have ever smell.the prominent tea note is breathtaking...elegant ,luxury,calm and seductive.no problem with longevity on my skin(8 hours +)with moderate sillage.jewell!

P.S. extreme version is different and lacks the composure of older brother.

92dfx
92dfx

The initial spray of this scent was amazing. It had a sweet, but musky quality to it with a bit of spice if you lingered long enough. However, though I enjoyed these qualities, the masculine notes faded very quickly leaving a powdery, floral impression. It smells very nice, beautiful and delicate, but I'm not sure if it's particularly well-suited for men. Damn shame because that initial spray had me convinced I had found my signature scent.

UPDATE:
I wore this scent to work and had a one of my female co-workers give me her opinion on it. She said that it was a very nice scent that smelled similar to scented baby powder. She said that it struck her as a perfume a woman would wear, particularly cause of the delicate floral notes.

leevike
leevike

i got it for my man for christmas...all i can say-miau...delicious...

deeply11
deeply11

Bvlgari extreme'den kesinlikle daha iyi bir koku. Kalıcılık olarak oldukça iyi fakat, farkedilirlik olarak o kadar iyi konuşamayacağım.

instantjim

I reviewed this fragrance some time ago and thought I would 'revisit' it. To me this smells like spray starch and I now know that it is the aldehydes I am smelling. It is hard to get a lot else out of this. It is slightly sharp, slightly green, but really smells like half a perfume. I currently am drinking a glass of soda water with lime cordial added to it. Take away the lime cordial and the soda water is pretty uninteresting, but with the cordial it creates a synergy. Bulgari pour Homme is like the Soda water by itself, with a few more notes added to it, it could be delicious. To me this is too minimalistic. Yes, I realise there are other notes, but they are so faint, they barely register. Perhaps layering it with some other cologne might help.

teazer
teazer

I just got it today. Didn't smell it before I ordered it, so it was a blindbuy.
It was about 20€ for 30ml, good pricing I think. I am overwhelmed by the smell of this fragrance. I never smelled something like that before. It starts sweet and grass like, settles a little muskier but still maintains the freshness. I like it very much and it lasts quite long. Awesome Frag. An instant classic for me.

markushhamann
markushhamann

I remember wearing this while in college. I tried to spray a great deal in a vain attempt to get some of the scent to stay. Although I very much like the initial scent, it vanishes almost as quickly as it is sprayed on.

justady2002
justady2002

PERFECT !!!

douxe
douxe

every guy in this world should wear this perfume. this gets me every time

Smyle12
Smyle12

Sprayed it on a test strip and could barely even detect it. Weak.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Splendid, charming, and real. Just amazing.

Migalex
Migalex

Very green and flat. I do not grasp its charm, which for me is none. Zero projection and poor staying power. Similar to extreme in fact, but weaker.

lister
lister

unusual.heavy.dry like a desert.this is the only scent that gives me headache.It came with a same-scented candle, which smells way much better.When I look at the bottle it gives me a feeling like if i am in a gas chamber.

bsbnsc
bsbnsc

whenever I wear grey (t-shirt, suit, shirts, ect) I wear this. cuz it conjures "grey"

flyysince89
flyysince89

this develops into something so feminine and beautiful on me and its strange ... I love it , me and my boyfriend share a bottle and it smells different on him ! it smells like cologne on him and a beautiful light perfume on me . its amazing ! will be a rebuy for me

seyhan.hatipoglu
seyhan.hatipoglu

It"s very elegant scent ,not for too young people +28 man who is reach the somewhere and know how to take it!

Very nice opening but then what I think is a huge amount of iso e super takes over and I smell little else. I find it really irritating, so if you are sensitive to iso e super I suggest you sample this one before buying a bottle.

MrMookie
MrMookie

I got a 10 ml bottle sprayer decant and its a well rounded scent very aural not projecting
Very mild, close to skin and one of the weakest scents i ever smelled on skin And thats a shame for this greatness, isprayed 10 ml empty easily in to days because i needed to test it
In my opinion a scent should stay just a few hours to accompany you in your daily journey but this wont , i love the elegant tea notes and must say its opening is gorgeous but in 30 minutes its gone ... If you like this try lalique ence noir for better sillage and longevity .

colognecollection
colognecollection

This fragrance is great and it works well on me. I put this on and feel crisp, fresh, smooth, and just about ready to tackle anything. I started wearing this about a half year ago, 3.4 oz bottle is already empty! So I am planning on getting another bottle.

anotae
anotae

Nice fragrance. Master piece. Well done.

word-doctor
word-doctor

INITIAL REIVEW: Very dry/sharp on application, but dries down with a little more warmth. Citrus and musk; some florals that are not sweet. Does not project much, does have decent longevity. I will wear this during my brief spring season when temps are in the 70s, during the day at work. My wife doesn't like this--classy, but too unisex.

EDIT. My own chemistry (uh, sweat) takes the florals off this (improvement) but I'm left with something muddled and uncertain, like good scented soap. Day/Work/Spring.

EDITX2: Has become a go-to for me, particularly when layered with Bvlgari PHSoir. I like the bitter note from the tea. Neither of these is my absolute favorite for summer, but I CAN afford them and they're classier than I am.
Sillage: 4/10

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

I used to wear it even though it is for men!!!Its so gentle and lovely!!!!

Roqfort
Roqfort

One of the best scent I ever had. Masterpiece for real men with class...

cafè77
cafè77

Tra migliaia di profumi in commercio, Bvlgari Pour Homme lo considero unico insieme a pochi altri. Non è un profumo per tutti gli uomini, anzi. E' adatto per per uomini che considerano il profumo la cornice del proprio carattere. E' così delicato che dovrà, e potrà, essere apprezzato solo da coloro che supereranno il confine di una stretta di mano. Bvlgari Pour Homme è come un tatuaggio nascosto, non accessibile a tutti, non un marcatore.

malecita
malecita

I love this perfume. It's very elegant, delicate and fresh smell. Kind of sexy too..it's like yummm.

micah.mcgahee
micah.mcgahee

Very classy but very light scent. I can barely smell it on my skin. Anyone else have that problem? Personally, the best way that I can describe this scent is a hand-full of tea leaves. It's very light but clean. I really like it! It doesn't smell synthetic nor is it intoxicating or overpowering...I just wish I could smell it more :/

ninofranzjosef.alonso
ninofranzjosef.alonso

i love this perfume woody,green,fresh
spicy,earthy,aldehydic

Longevity:10 to 17hrs in your skin or t-shirt...
Rank:8.5/10

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

Great unique smell. Smells a bit like fabric softener, but that's not a bad thing! I love this smell so much! On my second bottle now!!!

xmanol
xmanol

Longevity is one of the few but constant issues with many of the Bvlgari's line of perfumes in general. However, if one is being put off only because of this I would strongly recommend Bvlgari Extreme.

You could say that Extreme is Bvlgari Pour Homme on steroids. It is the only Bvlgari that lasts 7+ hours on my skin (Pour Homme disappears after 3-4 hours similarly to Soir and Man).

Miss Dior Cherie
Miss Dior Cherie

Boys lend me your attention please
The majority of women adore this perfume is very charming, elegant, sensual classic etc. My father has this and other more clearly and this is my favorite:)

qwerty82
qwerty82

Love this scent, light, fresh and great for office wear. Longevity issues with it but I rubbed some of the Bvlgari PH deodorant stick on both wrists and then sprayed the EDT which helps with longevity....try this.
Great scent that can be worn at any time of the day / year.

vascobgs
vascobgs

Marcos Oliveira, até entendo sua predileção pelo Bulgary, mas dizer que é uma das maiores fragrancias de todos os tempos é exagero. No máximo uma boa fragrancia, já o experimentei e me pareceu uma bom perfume de escritório, mas nada espetacular. Top pra mim é Terre d´ Hermes, Buagary é no MAXIMO um bom perfume.

Marcos Oliveira

Bulgary tradicional é uma das maiores fragancias de todos os tempos na minha opiniao. suave,discreto porém marcante,mulheres amam isso em um homem,rente a pele,mas elegante e fino,charmoso.combina com varios tipos de roupas e ocasiões,a saida dele é ardida,bem verde,apos alguns minutos a nota de chá predomina e faz dele agradavel.seca pra baixo e projeçao razoavel,no maximo meio metro pra sentir,fixa super bem em mim,indispensavel,top...super top.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

It's one of the most versatile scent ever! Can be friendly in office, rather sexy in a date, elegante, masculine, modern and classic at the same time. For me, this one resembles bvlgari blv pour homme in dry-down. The sillage is good and longevity is impressive. I've used this tomorrow night and today it stills noticeable. I think it's hard to be overpowering.

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

Bvlgari pour homme :

It's present but never strong, close to the skin yet noticeable and comforting, fresh yet sweet, inviting yet mysterious .

A beautiful scent, for the man who keeps it to himself but knows how special he is . You just have to discover him .

nePtunus
nePtunus

Nice 'clean' smell and masculine. This perfume suited for a man, not a grown up like I. Classic legendary fragrance!

findtheriver
findtheriver

ETHEREAL
e·the·re·al
adjective
1. light, airy, or tenuous: an ethereal world created through the poetic imagination.
2. BVLGARI POUR HOMME

Higgibs
Higgibs

Pour Homme was my signature for years and even now That it's not my #1 i still find most colognes pale in. Side by side comparison. Elegant & masculine the tea notes linger all the way through the musky base. Longevity is excellent but many complain b/c this cologne adjusts in your senses so you can't detect it while others around can. Perfect for office/business with it's refined aroma it also has near universal appeal to the ladies. On me I find it best in fall/winter with a suit or expensive sweater. Lasting power is 10 hrs or more (sometimes 24 under the right climatological circumstances).

My rank is 9.5 / 10

Maybe I switch back to having this in more regular rotation after this review! But it'll be hard to give up my beloved CH Chic

Tychal
Tychal

I like the smell and i find it amazing that this would be the cologne to favour my body chemistry. Plenty of people have said they liked the way it smelled on me. I am trying out Salvatore Ferragamo but Bvlgari is the one i prefer

Bram
Bram

I like it a lot but the sweetness literally almost made me puke... it was probably because I was sniffin it up close on my wrist but if it was on a person passing by me and it was not over done...it can be very nice and relaxing...

twlahue
twlahue

ok, you go to the store and are looking for a room freshener. you see sprays, stick-ups and carpet powder,

then you see the renuizette cones with the plastic tops that slide up and reveal that weird gel scented stuff beneath. they have raspberry, apple-cinnamon and tropical. you pick up the last one, the blue one that says "fresh linen." that is exactly what this cologne smells like. the "fresh linen" clean air freshner renuizette or glade cone.

a pleasant scent, yes, but...
not really what i am wanting to smell like

Anup
Anup

I simply love Bvlgari fragrances, especially those with the signature tea note.
I've not smelled a tea note even CLOSE to the quality of this smooth operator aside from Gucci pour homme II. Even then it's by a LONGSHOT!
I remember smelling this a few weeks ago at a local bon-ton and thinking how smooth and green this was.
Normally green fragrances come off to my nose as that standard generic woods...green...harsh bergamot ect.ect.ect. BLECH.
I'm so glad i introduced myself to this. I think i may have actually been with Grottola when i first smelled this XD.

The top:

TEA...That soft green/grey note. Almost overwhelming, entirely assertive. Smooth and bold! Powdery calming lavender and sun-kissed orange blossom add a very "springtime dreary day" feeling to the composition. Tony was correct in mentioning that this was the most pleasing bergamot in any fragrance. It's taken for granted by many houses!.
Aldehydes simulate the feeling of an open field, breezy and cloudy. Being drizzled on by the cold rain, warmed by your hot cup of tea, and your wool coat.

The heart:

There is a very dry, peppery, semi-sweetness that pervades throughout the entire piece. Do i think it's front loaded? Yes i do, but that doesn't mean that not being able to discern the heart notes is a bad thing. Not at all in my mind!
From the middle i get hints of pepper and woods, nothing stands out among the tea.

The base:

Vetiver really cleans up most of the fragrance, and kind of "sets it straight" as far as dirtiness goes. I feel like this could have came out completely dirty smelling if it weren't for a few soapiness and moisties. I'm looking at you Oakmoss, you're so weird. Sometimes you add some much needed dirtiness, and sometimes you help clean it up. There is also some woody, bonfire-esque amber sided with nutty semi-fruity tonka!
Masterpiece!

I approve

Smell: 9
Longevity: 10
Sillage: 4

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

Nice crisp smell, pleasant enough, no probs there..

Very poor projection and lasts 2-3 hours tops

Waste of money

Grottola
Grottola

Bulgari Pour Homme (because everyone knows the V's are just for aesthetics)

The good:

Everything about this fragrance is good. It's pleasant, inoffensive, and most of all, proves an excellent fragrance for someone just getting into fragrances or trying to decipher the notes. Everything is right there: the tea-like bergamot note, an actual tea note, some leafy green notes, lavender, and a dark mossy note. It's quite enjoyable and very "polite". The bergamot note in the top is probably the best bergamot note I've yet to smell in any fragrance - bergamot is perhaps the most commonly used note in all of perfumery, and more often than not gets lost in composition. In Bulgari Pour Homme, it's here and clear.

The bad:

The longevity and projection, at least on me, are sub-par. I get no more than 5 hours, tops, out of Bulgari Pour Homme, before it's gone completely. While establishing itself as a skin scent plays a part in Bulgari Pour Homme's "politeness", I WANNA BE ABLE TO SMELL IT!

The ugly:

There really is nothing ugly about Bulgari Pour Homme.

Bottom line: Definitely try it. It's pleasant and essentially the fragrance that brought tea notes to masculine perfumery.

oxm
oxm

Bvlgari pour homme, now on the market a few years but always appreciated, as all products of the brand, the freshness of this fragrance is multiplied by the cube, the purity of the fragrance left on the skin by the spray until the end like a breath of wind Spring that brings with it the smell of flowers that are about to bloom, and the air is heated drying moisture of winter. The opening is crystal clear thanks to the citrus notes and then the cyclamen, spices and exotic woods in the middle, musk, vetiver and tonka bean at the bottom, make it a timeless perfume: the magic formula for walking on clouds, there is an impersonator of Bvlgari, I think it's Chapeau by Borsalino, but Bvlgari is unattainable.
Timeless.

spoombung
spoombung

I've been wearing this regularly since it was introduced in '96 and still really rate it and think it's one of the best masculine fragrances.

This is a skin scent; it won't invade others personal space - and for that reason it may be too subtle for some. You can of course smell it on somebody else if you get close to them.. and the effect is rich and comforting. I can still smell the tea and dusky musk on my skin at the end of the day - and so can my partner.

Like most of the Bulgari range this is very unisex, despite being aimed at men and would smell great on a woman.

Highly recommended.

scentury
scentury

Mr.Cavalier took a page from Eau Sauvage and ran with it. Now, I am not saying that it is a copy of Dior's much beloved scent, but there are similarities between the two.
That said, BPH (Bulgari Pour Homme) is a versatile scent. It can be worn by men of any age.I've met a 30-something man and his father who is 60-something. They both wear this fragrance and it is appropriate for them. BPH is also suitable for day and evening wear. It's clean, crisp scent is pleasant and never in-your-face.Orange, bergamot and nutmeg greets the nose upon spraying.Upon drying, the scent morphs into a woody-pepper heart. The last phase features amber, musk, moss and vetiver as its base. It is long-lasting and stays close to the skin, perfect for those intimate moments.
Put on some music by Ella Fitzgerald , Johnny Mathis or Michael Buble, light some candles, wear BPH, have some wine at hand, and you'll be sure to go all the way! (Remember to put clean sheets... and put on protection, too...)

Marcos Oliveira

leve,suave,aconchegante,marcante,elegante,esse perfume é uma obra prima...criaram o exteme,mas nao conseguiu ser tao bom quanto o pour homme,pois a imitaçao nunca supera a originalidade.sua fixaçao é boa o bastante para sua sutileza,mesmo ficando rente a pele,consegue deixar um rastro bem leve mas perceptivel a quem sente,quem se aproxima de voce usando bulgary pour homme com certeza sentirá um aroma agradavel e lembrará para sempre!!!
o melhor da marca.

Bvlgari has a knack for making beautiful, refreshing, casual yet classy fragrances that are always sure crowd pleasers. There is so much to love when it comes to Bvlgari Pour Homme. It's not the most amazing thing you'll ever smell, yet it is undeniably charming.

Quiet yet bold enough to make a statement, Bvlgari Pour Homme is a nicely balanced blend of light citrus, musky florals and aromatic herbs. Not a spectacular scent by any means, but one that is clean and soothing.

I think a lot of men tend to go overboard with fragrances because there is so much media these days telling them that they have to smell great for the ladies. Many over-apply, wear something they don't even like or just spritz it on for the hell of it. Something like Bvlgari Pour Homme is sometimes all you need to get female attention. Smell fresh and masculine and the rest is history.

Unfortunately the projection of this fragrance is not great. It is incredibly weak and even worse on the skin. The subtlety although admirable, could do with a boost in the sillage department so both the wearer and the people around him can enjoy this fragrance through all its stages.

I'm surprised to like something so subtle, however after many partners with strong fragrances, I've been craving a man that wears lighter scents. Bvlgari Pour Homme is what I'm after.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

To me, this is the quintessential refined scent. So many men want loud fragrances or at least those with good projection and sillage...and most of all, compliments. I can't tell you how many times I hear, well I get a lot of compliments with it, it's great. I remember those days, age 15-22, when I depended on those around me to tell me I was OK, or I was attractive. It seems insecure to me now, to have to scream so loud to be noticed (though there are those that are very secure and don't care that others around them may not like the scent they're wearing).
I am over 40, pretty secure, and have no need of compliments or even to be noticed. I wear the scents mostly for me or as an accessory, to help draw a picture. People judge each other very quickly at first, and there are no other chances to make a first impression. If I'm wearing the right amount, usually the scent I'm wearing won't even cross into other's conscious awareness.
This is a perfect scent for that. Very quiet, yet interesting. Full of contradictions and paradox. 10 hours later, and it's still very noticeable close to my skin. Fragrances don't need to be strong or even consciously noticed to make a statement...just a little piece to the complete picture.

As for this fragrance, I don't get most of the notes listed (at least not consciously, anyway XD). I get a wet earthy scent, at the same time very clean and fresh. The dry down is reminiscent of how it smells when you walk by a dryer vent with the machine tumbling with fresh linen, with maybe a flower or two. Wonderful. Very light and airy. And those are the contradictions I'm taking about, earthy, wet, and airy...all at the same time. Magnifi-scent.

Valentino
Valentino

There is something haunting about this fragrance. It is beautiful yet melancholic. Perhaps it is the fleeting nature of those top notes. They promise so much; giving you hope and joy but then are gone so quickly! Such is the nature of aldehydes or the 'sparkle' in a classic fragrance. Here, they combine with the tea, lavender and bergamot so exquisitely, I dare say it is the one of the best openings to any perfume in the world.

Unfortunately, in spite of a list of notes as long as my arm this soon becomes an austere and lightly wooded skin-scent. That is not to say it doesn't have its place, but it seems too understated, too much the gentleman.

I would leave this one for the office crowd and choose something with more personality, although worth a try if you see it going cheap.

bob01081969
bob01081969

I work with and around Perfumes all day, and test each one on a daily basis, and this is one of my faves. It is a fresh smell for all day wear, and would recommend it time and time again.

I would not recommend it for a night out, as it is to light, but for all day and travel it is a pleasing scent.

dkmode83
dkmode83

To me smells a lot like Versaces Dreamer in the opening, Which I love. Kind of a muted fruity floral at the start waning into spices and musk. This is one of the two frags I like from Bvlgari (Black is the other). Very sophisticated and masculine fragrance in my opinion. This one has had a spot in my collection for almost 10 years now and is one I always buy more of when I run out.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Today, I stopped and cried in the city centrum when a beloved person had unconsciously rejected me after a long workday. I felt so sad, so empty, so alone yet I was surrounded by people. Tears rolling down my cheeks, I wandered to the perfume department in order to get a quick relief.

Knowing how captivating Bvlgari Pour Femme is, I was convinced that B Pour Homme could soothe my mind. And boy it did.

There was only one sales assistant, an old lady who had worked on the scent branch for over 30 years. I guess she couldn't see my sadness because I'd already sprayed (gotten my dose :p) and BPHomme had started to kick in. I smelled my wrist and sensed the impossibly beautiful brother of Bvlgari Pour Femme; the same elegant and uncomdemning floral flow, but only in a more masculine way.

The old lady's stories about her work with perfumes combined with the soothing effect of BPHomme alleviated my sadness and I left the building with a smile on my face. Thank you so much, you both. BPHomme can definitely easily be worn by a woman and it's ah so elegant, so polite, so beautiful... It stays close to the skin, like a secret caress that you can keep to yourself.

Rav Pahud
Rav Pahud

This one I dare say is only for the men that gonna have an intimate and adventurous night with the girl of their dreams...its soft smell and yet extremely masculine would turn on any women if she smells it in great near-proximity,she must be so close to the skin in order to smells him...its very very sensual to me...love this one so much...my girlfriend doesn't wanna let go of me...the projection is just perfect for me, and great sillage...it last few hours...thanks Bvlgari! ;p

lovescully
lovescully

Of all the Bvlgari Homme frag’s this one has possibly the best actual scent with the worst possible sillage & longevity!

I absolutely adore the smell of this on my skin, clothes, and anything else it comes into contact with, but, & it’s a big but; this fragrance has absolutely no staying power!

I’ve used Bvlgari Homme shower gel, body lotion, after shave gel & the rest to try & make this heavenly scent stay on my skin; to no avail. It just doesn’t want to project or stay on my skin.

Alas, the most heavenly masculine scent that I’ve probably ever come across has absolutely no sillage or staying power. Such a crying shame!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Definitely agreeing with fingerlicker, it's extremely weak. Cannot recommend ti anyone with faith that theyll even be able to smell it. Once upon a time I loved it, the dry down us actually quite nice, but it's just do damn weak

perfumia
perfumia

when my husband wears this - I just want to snuggle up close.....it is gorgeous

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

I've owned this for a couple of years and I don't smell any wood. It's like spicy tea with waterlillies. Very nice, classy, good everyday scent. Conversely, nothing really great happening.

hotaru
hotaru

it's a perfect perfume to those who live in the tropical climate; like us. this is one of my husband's favorite perfume. it lasts long enough ( 5hrs >>) and the dry down is sexy.
Bvlgari pour homme is not as 'dark' or 'bold' as Bvlgari BLV pour homme with its more oriental ambient; pour homme is more outgoing, fresh and energetic.it smells clean, neat, and simple.
A fragrance for adult, not for teens this is. this is a 'happy' fragrance for man; like a smiling guy in a suit instead of rock n roll hysteria; smart and cute at the same time :)

tonni
tonni

Lots of persons like this scent,but I don't like it at all ,it's a sour green orange water in my opinion.

fingerlicker
fingerlicker

Very similar to Versace Man eau Fraiche. Even better! But unfortunately, like others have stated, it's very-very weak. It's the weakest scent I own. If it was stronger I would highly recommend it.

Floritica64
Floritica64

I could wear this anytime, anyplace. Timeless mens frgrance.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I'm not sure if I like this or not, I just got 100ml for Christmas and I'm having to spray it every 5 minutes to get the smell back. It's the weakest perfume I have ever come across. I literally have to spray all the time. It stays very close to the skin.

Anyway..about the actual smell. It smells like a citrussy/wood. The tea is the most prominent out of all the notes and I'm just surprised at the faintness considering how many notges there are. This perfume is a mess to me.

It's slightly spicier on drydown...but..not much else. I'm kinda dissapointed. I like people to actually be able to smell what I'm wearing..this is practically non existent and I agree with someone below that said..it's almost like perfumed water...

rezanugroho
rezanugroho

it is very woooddyyy & classic... i luv it... in the night after workhour this fragrance & drink a whisky. nicee

el_payo
el_payo

my favorite frag at the office.a classy,cool (but not snobbish),fresh scent.it's perfect from the first till the last note...the only negative point is that it stays toooooo close to the skin.

denmaz
denmaz

for me, it smells bitter and bold. best used with tuxedo and i guess it's not suitable for those under 35 years old.

instantjim

Perhaps my nose has stopped working. I bought a tester of this fragrance and I must say that I am not overly impressed with it.

The problem is its strength. Three good sprays on my forearm and I can hardly smell anything. Forget understated or subtle, this is just plain weak. It's almost like some fancy perfumer gave the emperor a bottle of lightly scented water and the emperor declared its magnificence and so everyone just assumed it must be great.

Perhaps I'll try 20 spritzes instead of 5, maybe then I will be able to detect the notes better, because at the moment it smells like I have sprayed my arm with Fabulon spray starch.

My worst blind buy.

vertigo
vertigo

Oriental-woody-fresh.

Fresh, natural, clean, it really moves the women's senses.

Sophisticated and wonderfully elegant, both distinct and discreet, friendly and alluring, but not dizzying.

For well-mannered and polite man, knowing what he's worth, but not showing it to all the world.

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

classy, elegant, strong and absolutely seductive! This may me the best "recipe" for a date!!!!

SaintLue
SaintLue

Opens abit to much for me.But the drydown is very nice.last really long and smells good on me.

lillybee
lillybee

To guest_ : Your review is a product description for the fragrance appearing everywhere on the net. Here we discuss personal opinion and our own experience we have wearing the scent.

thgolfer
thgolfer

I concur with most of the other reviews. Bvlgari Pour Homme is absolutely wonderful in an understated way. Smells very clean and fresh, but not overdone. I love it.

marie08
marie08

Not too strong or spicy like a lot of colognes. It has a very distinct smell that I can easily recognize. It's a long lasting musk scent.

barbiot35
barbiot35

This is an extraordinary perfume with light floral notes in noticebly marked tonka bean and iris scent...
I was bought it for my brother, he liked it very much but "I" would used it myself if i wasn't ashamed:))

acc
acc

This is one vertical smell although it has many notes. Opens with that delicious tea note which calms you instantly. Then sharpens with spices and woods.

I generally hate musky drydowns since it stinks in nearly all of the fragrances it is in, but this is such an exception. Musk is tamed fabulously which sets Bvlgari Homme apart from other musky, spicy, woody fragrances.

It is a great choice if you are looking for a fragrance to calm and relax you while adding some class.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

It surprises me with the complexity of the notes included in this fragrance how amazingly simple and classic the results are.

I have come to realize that most of my favorite fragrance have Jacques Cavallier as the nose behind them.

It has a beautiful citrus floral opening. When it begins to warm down, the spices come to play with the floral notes. The final symphony is a harmonic play of wood notes with amber.

ccr727
ccr727

hard to descibe but the women love it and it works well in the office enviornment. tried others but seem to come back to this one. this is very popular in milan.

elaida_00
elaida_00

from the first sneef u feel the musk..musk musk but i love it i am planing to buy this one for my lovely boyfriend ..when i smelled it the first time i had the picture in my mind: man, masculine built man with soft soul..is lovely and if i may say a clasic one

afraafra
afraafra

Very floral for my taste, drydown very muted,

Bvlgari Pour Homme by Bvlgari 4.04 out of 5 based on 735 ratings and 120 user reviews

BeautyBar.com
Bvlgari - Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz N-A - Beauty
BeautyBar.com
Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme Eau de Toilette
Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme Eau de Toilette

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bvlgari Bvlgari Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bvlgari Bvlgari Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bvlgari Pour Homme by Bvlgari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bvlgari Pour Homme by Bvlgari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.