Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

I have it: 825 I had it: 313 I want it: 285 My signature: 13

ozonic
nutty
Eau Parfumee au The Rouge Bvlgari for women and men Pictures Eau Parfumee au The Rouge Bvlgari for women and men Pictures Eau Parfumee au The Rouge Bvlgari for women and men Pictures Eau Parfumee au The Rouge Bvlgari for women and men Pictures

The third Eau Parfumee in the long line of Bvlgari “tea fragrances” is also a unisex. The fragrance is gentler and more sensual. Two red-tea extracts were used to create this fragrance: Roiboos, a South African variety, which gives off its warm and gentle woody character, while Yunnan, a Chinese one, offers its intense and voloptous aroma to the composition. Eau Parfumee au The Rouge opens with the notes of pink pepper, orange and bergamot followed by red tea and fig, while the trail is sensual and warm; harmonizing the notes of walnut and musk. The nose behind this perfume is Olivier Polge. It was created in 2006.

Orange Pink Pepper Bergamot

Fig Tea

Musk Walnut Resin

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi

Eau Parfumee au The Rouge Fragrance Reviews

Reese1861
Reese1861

I recently picked up a bottle from Ebay. Can't say how old the bottle was, but the fragrance was quite unpleasant. Smelled like smelled cigar smoke and fruit on the verge of rot. Sorry. This one did not work for me.

silentman26
silentman26

It is a good perfume. A blend of Tea (Characteristic for Bvlgari) and figs with a spicy touch of pepper. Warm with an interesting sillage and a sweet projection. A good unisex choice.
______________________________________________________

Overall/Tot. : 6.5/10
______________________________________________________

Mango Plantation
Mango Plantation

I wanted to love this sooo badly! It's actually a wonderful scent, absolutely not linear and boring - actually quite surprising at how wonderfully they captured the scent of rooibos.

For me, the initial scent is pure sweet richness - more rich than sweet - not a candy sweet, a rooibos sweet. EXACTLY like rooibos. After 20 min or so, it starts to morph to a peppery black tea, which is absolutely wonderful, then changes yet again into a bang on green tea.

I couldn't find a single second of bitter - the journey was quite amazing. The green tea was NOTHING like Arden's, - that one has become bitter and chemically.

Sadly, I remembered why I don't drink rooibos - I've tried and tried, supposed to be a wonderful tonic - but the richness is too much for me - the tea brings to mind a vanilla'ish - and I'm not big on nilla. Rouge is dead bang on target, and it's lovely - wonderful lasting as well - but I can't wear it because it's just TOO on target. MY fault entirely, please.

If you want a delicious tea but don't like Arden's greens, still give this a try - it's a completely different ballpark - major league vs peewee.

I have a brand new 3oz and whatever tester bottle, no lid - open to trade or sell. Autumn is close at hand, and I'm actually kind of looking forward to trying this again in cooler weather to see if I feel differently - it's just THAT DANG GOOD.

- ok ok, this has actually now moved into my 'like' bin. I DEFINATELY don't think it works well with HOT weather - at least not on me - the initial blast is still quite rich, but I've found if I give it a mad shake first before I spray, it's much more smooth. I'm keeping it - no longer up for trade (I've learned my lesson!).

** edited again -
While it HAS moved to the 'like' pile, I'm not quite in love with it - and I love to LOVE my scents. It's still new, 3. whatever ounces, no lid- tester bottle - very open to trade for pretty much ANYTHING (full sized) from Balmain, Lanvin, or Van Cleef.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I get spiced-lemon, orange-pekoe tea right at the opening (think Lipton teabag), which is nice. Within a few minutes the fig and walnut emerge to give this fragrance a touch of sweetness (but not too sweet), depth and character...which is really very nice. I was a bit worried about how my nose would perceive the fig and walnut notes, but Au The Rouge (ATR) turned-out to be a pleasant surprise and one of the best tea scents I have smelled. Sounds good, huh?

As much as I enjoyed this scent...well, much like a man in his prime being released from 30-days of solitary confinement and then housed with the Swedish no-tan-line Bikini Team, this fragrance has no staying power. ATR sits close on my skin and does it's Houdini impersonation (i.e., disappearing act) on my skin in about 2-3 hours.

Personally, I enjoy wearing Silver Mountain Water and Gucci Pour Homme II because I feel they are a bit more masculine tea fragrances, and SMW lasts 8+ hours on my skin. Although a man can certainly rock ATR, I feel it is better suited for the females. In the end, I feel Gucci Pour Homme II is a perfect night-in cuddle scent for a man whereas Au The Rouge is the female equivalent. I can only give this one a like due to performance issues.

oktober
oktober

this is the reiki music of perfumes

BenBnBe
BenBnBe

I love love love this fragrance!!This is a beautiful tea scent which stay alweys fresh,a little bit sweet,whith a woody notes in the background!At first is a peppery,which is a little bit spicy in the begining,but its very calming,I love wear this.I feel peace in my soul,and I am very calm!The lasting power is super,I looooove it,its just an enchanting fragrance,love it.

oobunillaoo
oobunillaoo

my first review of au the rouge expressed disappointment. despite loving all the notes listed it did not work with my body chemistry at all and it kind of made me feel sick to wear it. at least, that's how i felt about it 2 years ago when i was a smoker and took birth control pills...

today, synthetic hormone & tobacco free, i find this fragrance beautiful. it is delicate and unusual in a comforting way. the spice is soft, the rooibos tea is authentic, the nutty notes lend a gentle depth, and the citruses keep this from becoming too gourmand for my tastes. like many others, i find au the rouge wears and performs best in warmer weather. the opening is fresh and sweet, almost sparkling. the drydown is musky and warm; it doesn't project much but seems to stick around much longer than anticipated for a perfume of this concentration. this is suitable for times when you want something uplifting and subtle. i can't imagine many people being offended by the aroma of au the rouge as it sits close to the skin. it is alluring in an unassuming way. tranquil, reassuring, and warm.

if there is such a thing as "tea-room sexy" au the rouge would be the shy sister to serge lutens' 5 o clock gingimbre. so glad i did not swap this after all. wouldn't be without it now, especially this time of year.

Gidrocity
Gidrocity

a very light yet unique fragrance, smells like expensive body veil, peppery tea, smells refreshing in summer, i really like it, a must have

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

It's nice, but very much Eau de PG Tips. I am struggling to smell anything other then tea, I love tea, the smell, taste, everything, so this gets a big thumbs up from me. :-)

umartaufiqul_
umartaufiqul_

It was a nice tea perfume, a little bit Sweet but still refreshing. It was gentle, but still a little bit masculine. When I first spray it, I smell tea and a little bit pepper. The drydown was sweet and nutty. Overall, it was great

marthapurvis

I already reviewed this, but would like to say that it layers very well over Womanity lotion due to the fig notes. :)

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

Very mysterious, subtle, more feminine than masculine. I hand't purchased it so far, one of my friends has it and it's yummy!

maltatude
maltatude

This is a very herbaceous, semi sweet, slightly masculine fragrance. I get them for free in my travel packs when I fly internationally - its a different kind of thing. People who don't like perfume might enjoy something like this. I dont know, it's comforting but demands very little.

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

Opens as a nice, strong cup of bergamot-infused Earl Grey, with added cream and honey. The initial citrus and subtle floral notes burn off quickly, replaced by a pleasant nuttiness from the fig and a trace of smoke from toasted walnuts.

Perfectly refreshing, though unfortunately lasts only 30 minutes on skin in EdC concentration.

Caist
Caist

I love The Au Blanc to pieces, and saw that I could get a dram of this off Perf. Court. And when I say I love the Au Blanc, I mean I have about 4 of the candles haha. Can't wait to try this one!

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

A strong tea scent with a masculine edge.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Love, love, love this one! I cannot get enough of it. I want to BATHE in it. I want to WASH MY CLOTHES in it. I want my nose to ALWAYS be able to detect it on my skin when I'm wearing it.

On initial spray I smell tea leaves. However, like member phishgurl, my husband senses pipe tobacco (he doesn't care for the fragrance at this stage). Actually, I can detect a hint of tobacco, too, which I don't mind. I wonder if the fact that both tea and tobacco come from leaves is the reason for this?

Anyway. I love ALL stages of Eau Thé Rouge: the strong tea scent at the beginning, the floral/sweet tea in the middle, and the creaminess at dry down. I can't discern the fig and walnut, but I'd imagine they contribute to Eau Thé Rouge's lovely milky dry down.

If I could afford it, I'd hoard the stuff.

Roman86
Roman86

This is marketed as unisex but to me it seemed like a feminine fragrance all the way. People say Gaultier 2 is feminine but at least with that one I never had a problem wearing it as a male but Eau Parfumee au The Rouge seems like a strictly feminine fragrance. Who am I to say what one should wear but I associate this one as a female's perfume. It's a lovely fragrance but I think most males would regard this one as way too feminine.

phishgurl
phishgurl

Oh so sad, on me this smells like a cheap cigar. Wish it didn't but it reminds me of pool halls and bars. Alas.

mrsames77
mrsames77

I have loved this scent for years!! On me it is very long lasting and I always get compliments when I wear it. The last time I had it on, when I went to pay the cashier at the store we were in, she told me she smelled me the second I walked in and she loved it. I am out of this now so it is on my Christmas list! :)

marthapurvis

The moment I smelled this on a testing strip, the beautiful harmony and subtlety of all of the notes knocked me out. (Can subtlety knock one out?)

The musk, walnut, and fig come out strongly for me -- sort of like a fig cobbler with a salted buttery crust. Not that it is anything like a gourmand. Smells like spiced rooibos.

It's like quality chai tea -- great hot or iced. I can see wearing this any time of the year.

Similar but saltier than Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea Spice.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This smells exactly like red tea so good job there. Besides the tea it's an excellent fig scent, with some warm spiciness and nuttiness balancing it out. Great for fall. Very unusual scent, great for both sexes. Stands out from the crowd. If you like teas you owe yourself to give it a sniff, there's no other tea scent like it.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Fig-tastic.
This opens up with a wave of red tea aura, surrounding your senses. Then the fig note jumps out, merrily mingling with the tea. As the scent develops, I get a mild nuttiness and floral edge to it with just a tinge of warm balminess from the resin.

Funny, I thought this'd be a "manly" scent but my friend (who didn't know I was wearing this) commented on how lovely and feminine it smells.

A really diffusive fragrance, by the way. People can easily smell me with just two to three sprays.
Longevity is decent, around 5 hours. Just because Bvlgari labels it as a "eau de cologne" doesn't mean it will not last. I also own au the blanc and both have decent longevity.

P.S: Yeah, I said previously how I'd not want to buy this because it was discontinued. But lo, I hounded after tons of discounters in Singapore to find my bottle. :O

katoy4
katoy4

Mmm - I love it, subtle, spicy, and delicious sweet tea scent, somehow calming and energizing at the same time. I wish it was stronger than an EDC though. I have to keep reapplying during the day. Nonetheless, it goes on the want list for sure.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Oh, this is delightful. Clean, fresh, tart, juicy, and powdery all at once. I love the touch of walnut. The word "zesty" comes to mind when I smell this. Perfect wake-up scent for spring, summer, and the warmer days of fall. Delicious figs! Ice cold green tea! So well-rounded and yummy. It's definitely not a gourmand, but the fruits smell edible. I'd recommend this one for a younger woman.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

smells like South African red tea mixed with sweet skin musk...REALLY good stuff

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

I love tea scents in general, and I do appreciate this rendition of red tea and spices in Eau Parfumee au The Rouge. Unfortunately, it falls short in the sillage and longevity department. It evaporates about 10 minutes or so after the first spray, and manages to stay only a tad longer on clothes, but overall, it is disappointingly short lived.

I do get a very lovely fig note which remind me of Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee, and for the very short minutes I can smell it, I get a very calming zen vibe.

This scent is more on the masculine side, but I'm enjoying it this summer/fall as a refreshing 5 minutes pick me up splash.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

This is really disappointing to be honest. It's completely gone on me within 30 minutes.

It's quite enjoyable in the first 5 minutes before it starts evaporating off my skin at a ridiculously quick speed.

Nothing like I thought it would be. I thought walnut would of been a prominent note as promised as the almond note in Mon Jasmin Noir is perfect, same with prominent notes in other Bvlgari fragrances. I did get a lovely combination of pink pepper, citrus, fig and tea (while it lasted) - but the rest is missing.

This is weak in every sense of the word and my first 'regret' when it comes to perfume purchases in a very, very long time. No longevity, no sillage, most of the notes listed aren't there.

Obviously this works well for most people here, and I wish I was one of you! I really thought I'd love it :-/

chuwey
chuwey

Actually I cant imagine man wore this.. It is very soothing and feminine.. I smell sweet white tea..

It has an unique blend scent..
My nose its not too good so i barely smell each notes..

It's perfect for cold weather.. But also great to wear on a tropical weather like my country..

It's a perfect blend.

iconoclast
iconoclast

Absolutely unisex and very gentle. The cosy rooibos aroma wraps around me like a clean fluffy cotton towel. I reckon it's almost exclusively a daytime fragrance that works best as an interesting choice in warm weather. I also keep getting gently refreshing wafts of it for up to 12 hours after application - so the longevity is top drawer. A good solid tea fragrance - although not quite as lovely a tea fragrance for men as Trussardi Python Uomo. Still, this likeable Bvlgari is certainly worth a try by men and women and I think would be particularly good to use in an office environment.

catdeluxe84
catdeluxe84

Unfortunately, a total dissapointment. The fig flavor is totally disgusting to me, something in it reminds me painfully of Monotheme Black Tea, which I still owe due to the nice bottle and avoid even opening it.

It blends well with the skin, posseses a certain warmth, but totally different from my expectancy.

harpist

Just as an additional recent discovery to my review:

I find that Au The Rouge doesn't transform into that nutty fig unless my body heat is considerably warm. Otherwise in colder weather it pretty much stays a constant bitter tea.

When I wore this in the summer, the warmth had transformed the tea to the nutty fig within half an hour. Just one spray lasted most of my day.
However in colder weather, it didn't morph from the tea at all. It stayed bitter and citrusy sharp. It was really fleeting once the top notes disappeared; max an hour and it was gone because citruses disperse faster.

I have different chemistry but I firmly believe that you have to coax the base notes out with heat for the final touch. If it doesn't work the first time around, I suggest trying again in a later season or temperature.

arrode
arrode

This smells like straight-up tea to me. If you like tea smells like Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea, you will love this. I don't really get a huge walnut smell from this, which is disappointing. I purchased this hoping to get a strong roasted nut + tea + fig combo, but all I'm really getting is overwhelming tea and a light fig smell. It's very nice and I feel it will be perfect for fall. Unfortunately, on me, this perfume lasts a mere 2 hours. It's like a body spray rather than a perfume.

ultrasilence
ultrasilence

My new signature smell.
Even the box smelled like a box with roibos tea. Love it.

harpist

This is truly a perfume that has a metamorphosis from its top/middle notes to the base!
The initial spray is a gently bittersweet but true red tea note that is brought alive by the pink pepper. The citrus is ever so slightly there to accentuate the delectable tea notes. Here is where the masculine edge turns into something unisex as it basically transforms itself into a delicious warm fig and walnut fragrance. Both my mother and I tried this and I noticed I kept on catching exotic and yummy trails of Au The Rouge on her. To me the base notes are more warm fruity than musky and it covers and blends into my chemistry very well.
I would be careful not to overspray as it is certainly long lasting, around 8 hours on my skin alone with moderate silage. It doesn't cloy and stays interesting. Even my bf stayed at the nape of my neck and said voluntarily, "You smell good," which is a surprise from the usual forced commentary I weasel out of him hehe.
In relation to the other Au Teas from Bvlgari, I would say the Rouge is the more feminine, with the Blanc in between, and the Vert as most masculine.
I've fallen in love with this wonderful mature tea fragrance and can't wait to purchase my own bottle! Thank you to the kind Fragrantican who sent me this sample. ♥

KateAnette
KateAnette

This is definitely a unique tea scent. The tea is softened by the fig and walnuts, no sharp edges. It does have that oriental vibe, still not at all heavy.
On my skin this is sweeter than most tea fragrances I've tried. Very soft and natural smelling.
It's a light fragrance, still with presence. Can be worn all year around, fits both cold and warm weather.
It stays quite close to the skin, but longevity is excellent for a cologne! I have EdP's that fade away quicker.
Every time I wear it I like it more, which is amazing, usually I get bored with a fragrance really quickly. On that note, I think I need a backup bottle :)

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I find this perfume very nice and unique. It's deep without being heavy. It's warm and I detect a soft spiciness on my skin. It's also very nutty smelling (walnut) which gives it an earthy feel to me. My favourite part about this scent is the red tea vibe that's going on. I really love it. It smells like an authentic tea and not chemical smelling at all. I know a lot of people don't like the fig note in perfumes but I do. Any perfume I've ever tried that has fig in it, I have liked a great deal. I love this fragrance so much that I bought a back-up bottle a week after I bought the first one as I know it's discontinued now. Definitely unisex. This would smell great on a man or a woman but I do find it a tad more masculine rather than feminine. I could see how this fragrance wouldn't be for everyone so testing it out first would be a good idea before buying a full bottle.

kabelaced
kabelaced

Heavy, but not in a sillage monster kind of way. This perfume smells deep and red on my skin, and a bit more mature than my tastes allow me to like. Still, maybe when I'm older I would wear this often, because it's smooth and dark but also feels classy, like jewelry.

I can definitely see the interpretation of red tea here, although it does not smell like actual rooibos. When I catch a whiff, there in my mind is the color of the brew.

This scent stayed on my skin at a moderate strength through most of the workday, so almost eight hours, which I like and have also found is true of one of Bvlgari's other perfumes, Rose Essentielle.

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

I love this!
Its a beautiful red tea scent. VERY authentic smelling to me. It smells like a freshly brewed cup of red tea with lemon and a hint of mint thats been poured over ice.

jérémie.simonet
jérémie.simonet

Its a Unique fragrance. The first notes are lets say 'disgusting'. I mean it not pleasant. But don't be fooled by it. The medium Note and Base notes are very very pleasant. smells like tea mixed with fruity and woody notes. Very nice,soft and one of a kind perfume.

Cams
Cams

This is a favourite of mine - sophisticated, clean, deceptively simple and extremely feminine. Whenever I wear it I get compliments from men and women. Pretty perfect Mr Polge.

antfarm
antfarm

Au The Rouge really does resemble red rooibos tea a bit. This is a perfume with very polite sillage, but it does stay on all day. It is what some people call a "skin scent".

Its faint nuttiness smells quite natural coming from a human body and not like a perfume. I'd say overall it's a light gourmand musk appropriate for summer or office environments. Can be found for very reasonable prices too.

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

I am thrilled with this! It is THE best blind buy I've ever made (and I blind buy too often). This scent is heavenly, it is (briefly) strong at first spray, and then dries down to the prettiest fragrance. I have many, many bottles of fragrance, but I have a feeling I'll be reaching for this quite a bit in the coming weeks.

onlineallday
onlineallday

A reduced-sugar sweetened black, green, and white tea in one bottle. It's not very strong but it's very unique.

millie1980
millie1980

This is a distinctive fragrance, but I just don't enjoy the red tea note in it. It's still warm and classy smelling. Definitely unisex, perhaps more masculine than feminine.

Sirenn
Sirenn

Oh Au, I love you so. Never ever ever going to let you go!

(Sorry, I just had to.)

Au The Rouge is absolutely gorgeous, but I'm in a fight with this fragrance right now because I'm absolutely gutted that I can't seem to find it in anything other than eau de cologne concentration. The gorgeous beginnings of pink pepper and orange give way to a lush, delicious red tea that I could sniff/sip for days on end, but just as I'm adoring such a beautiful aroma, it seemingly fades away right before my nose. So tragic!

I've found that Au The Rouge lingers longer on my clothing than my skin, and I'm fortunate enough to work from home where no one can say boo if I keep my nose buried in the material above my cleavage all day long. Still, this fragrance is aching for longer staying power and any kind of silage. If anyone comes across a full-sized EDP somewhere, I'd love to know!

satinandlace
satinandlace

Love this one, the only one gifted to me that I actually wear. It's not sweet, it's mysterious, but very sensual. There's a vivacity lurking beneath the earthy mellow that draws you in and makes you want to see more. Complex but not overwhelmingly so. My ex used to steal some.

pbluberry
pbluberry

I didn't think I would like it but it's growing on me. It is a stronge scent. I get red tea and nutiness from the walnut. I thought it was a bit overpowering at first but it starts to fade and leaves a beatiful dry down. It is an interesting scent, I'm mostly a clean green tea type. The lasting power is unbelievable for Bvlgari.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I find this composition quite marvelous, intriguing, complex. I sense two notes not listed, but noticed by just a few other reviewers: a hint of both tobacco and peppermint- one adds a rich depth to the tea and fruits, the other adds an herbal, airy lightness- take a close, deep whiff and then you'll experience the signature, sinus-clearing presence of menthol hidden in the folds!

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

Love this. I bought it based on the notes and the fact that it is discontinued. I was a bit concerned about the fig, but was intrigued by the tea and walnuts along with pepper. It's gorgeous. I love the top notes which is very rare for me with any perfume, but these are wonderful. I get mostly a rich, warm tea and pepper, delicious. Then comes a complex blend of creamy, figgy, nutty goodness...lots of tea, it almost smells like my grandpa's pipe tobacco....just amazing. To me this is a winter scent. Winter, Christmas, snow outside, tree up, fireplace going....oh, i love this. If you see it get it. Guy or girl.

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

I have it, wearing it feels like I spoiled tea on me, yeeeeeeh. I will give it away soon

Małgoś
Małgoś

Too sharp a smell to my nose, and persistent even after a few hours.
I found nothing subtle in this perfume, either. It smells delicious like a freshly opened box of top-quality Earl Grey tea - bergamot fragranced, that is. But what is good for a brew, doesn't necessarily have such an appetizing effect on one's skin. Maybe it would appeal more to men - as it is unisex, indeed. It has great lasting power, though, even as a cologne.
...
Maybe also it is the underlying fig which makes it so sharp on my skin - just because I noticed that it is the second fragrance with a strong fig note, which does not really make me feel too comfortable wearing the composition. (I will be careful with figs now.)

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

this smells like a nice cup of fruity black tea. it's nice, but i think i am used to green tea scents and this is definitely BLACK TEA. FOR SWAP N.AMER. ONLY

fgallarini
fgallarini

this is a very fascinating scent... it smells like a cup of red tea mixed with dried cherries. It is very persistent yet it does not overwhelms you...

Although it is not a masculine scent, it works wonders with the the opposite sex...

For some reason, it is really hard to get, I never find it in regular stores around italy.

schuindaye
schuindaye

At first spray it smelt like metal... maybe it was just my bottle I don't know, I had to wait for it a bit to get the sweet, peppery, warm and home feel it gives.

I love it, makes me feel like home follows me where ever I go.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I usually don't get around to buying a 2nd bottle of any fragrance as I bore easily (or they become "common") I'm on my 2nd bottle and looking for a 3rd. Oh how I love this fragrance! I would not consider myself an expert on fragrances and I won't pretend to explain notes, BUT I will say that I know what I like! I like interesting, different and complex fragrances. This is it. I like fruityflorals, this is it! I like a little spice, this is it!!! I tend to stay away from "too popular" fragrances, this is it!!! It was not love at first sniff but in a short while you get this lovely and mysterious wonder. I get many compliments! As with most of my most beloved frags I've learned that they've discontinued distribution here in the US, but for now it is still readily available at discount stores/sites. I gotta get a backup bottle to be safe!!!!

cinnamonswirl
cinnamonswirl

Mmm.. lovely and elegant. I tried it by chance when the store didn't have what I was looking for. I didn't notice it much for a few minutes and then this lovely rooibos and soft fig leaf scent drifted to my nose. I will return to puchase.

Oh dear - I just read down the comments and discovered it's been dicontinued. I can't decide whether to buy as many bottles as I can or buy none so that I don't get attached to it :-(

DaHitManN
DaHitManN

Given to me as a gift, yet I find it quite appalling. I'm not really into these type of scents, yet I'll see if my nose will ever evolve into liking these in the near future. :)

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

For me, this is a wonderful, wonderful scent. It really smells like a cup of red tea, with dried cherries and walnuts. Cherry is not a note, but even my kids will say "Mom, you smell like dried cherries!" when we get into the car. Maybe it's the fig that we are smelling. It doesn't change much after the first blast fades--it's a bit more spicy when first sprayed, but once it settles down it pretty much turns into the red tea/dried cherry/walnut that stays the rest of the time. Which is FOREVER, by the way. On my skin--limited longevity. But when I spray it on my clothes this lasts all the way to laundry day, as I will catch whiffs of it while sorting the laundry! So, if you like this perfume but don't get much longevity, as it seems some people complain about, try it on your clothes.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Ahhhhhh!!! A beautiful warm woodsy fig with a gorgeous tea base!!! When I first spray it the scent almost smells like mint tea but after a minute I realized that it was the burst of bergamot & pepper that was confusing me. The fig begins to show herself after about the first 5-10 minutes.

This was a blind buy for me and I could not be happier. I love fig but the other fig scents I have are all about summer. This is definitely a scent I can wrap myself in on the cold snowy days of winter. This is like a beautiful warm & delicious cup of tea to surround yourself with.

If you like fig and tea notes this is seriously one to consider!!! Total shame Bvlgari discontinued it!!!

ThePinkOwl13
ThePinkOwl13

This is truly a gem! I get a wave of tea upon first spray and after a few minutes it starts to warm up from the pepper. The tea blends perfectly with the pink pepper and it's not harsh or overpowering at all. 10 minutes or so I start to smell a nutty fig and this addition just makes it even more yummy!

This was a blind buy for me, and I am so happy I took the risk!

Someone down below said Bvlgari should learn from this and Bvlgari Black- I COMPLETELY agree!

Tea lovers, buy a sample now. :)

Goodfortune5758
Goodfortune5758

So much for what it has in it. every smell leaves me intoxicated, heady, and feeling completely sesuous! Love this fragrance

Ser Ruscio
Ser Ruscio

I loved this perfume since the beginning! I found this accidentally hidden at home (in some old gift box) and it was so different from fragrances i had that inspired me to discover more...i don't know why it's out of stock here in Italy so I had to buy a bigger bottle on amazon.com (which is quite crazy if you think that Bvlgari is italian).
The only thing I don't like about it is that doesn't last very long...

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

I have been looking for a tea scent. I just got this sample yesterday, reading all your reviews, couldn't wait to wear it.
The opening notes are a spicy chai, you can definitely smell the pink pepper, but that scent last a short time, it gradually fades into a tea then the nuts, resin and eventually the musk. I must admit, I expected the tea scent to linger longer and settle there for a longer period. It's a tea scent so the tea scent should last. The dry down is fairly quick to musk. Overall the scent doesn't even last an 8hr workday..
Smells great at first, but I personally don't think its worth the buy.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

A blind buy for me!!!

A delicious burst of citrus, pink pepper, and tea upon first spray. I was expecting something warmer to start from the other reviews. However, the nutty warmth of the walnut and sweet fig combo are saved for later on my skin, while the tea continues along like a beautiful sheer veil floating in the wind behind a bride's head. This is everything I wanted the very likeable BBW Brown Sugar Fig to be-- sans the plastic smell that would annoy me every so often, popping up out of nowhere from time to time. I love this Bvlgari much better than I thought I would. I find it a constant sniffer. The kind you just want to keep smelling because it's so enjoyable. It's also very intriguing and sophisticated. All year round worthy too. A new favorite for sure. :0)

nd575
nd575

In the beginning I definitely smell the slightly sharp red tea and the sweetness of the fig. After a while it becomes very sweet, warm, nutty on my skin, indeed reminding me of a sweeter rendang (Indonesian meat dish with turmeric, ginger, coconut milk, lemongrass, etc), like 'ayaa' said. After a about an hour, the nutty smell fades into the background and a comfy fig sweetness remains.

I like it, it's a calming fragrance. I imagine autumn and winter, because it's a warm scent. Something I'd wear when I'm relaxing at home reading a book and sipping tea, or taking a walk through a park/forest in autumn.

I just don't want anyone to tell me that I smell like rendang.. or remind myself that I do. Impossible, since 'ayaa' said it, I'm posting about it and just can't get it out of my mind, ha.

twillocks
twillocks

What is it with this fragrance? At first nah. . . second maybe . . . now the really like it. I have the lotion on my desk at work and put it on all during the day and I might add the lotion is great!! I catch myself sniffing all day along. Hum Interesting.

Shemarie
Shemarie

Love at first try! I was thinking it was going to smell like a strong English tea but instead it smells like "GOOD EARTH" Jasmine Green Tea (Jasmine Flowers). This is the name of it. It has a conunut nutty vibe with just a little fig. It makes me think of bronze godess. I was not expecting a summer scent.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

This was a blind buy for me. Wow! The rest of Bulgari's fragrances(besides black) could learn something from this. Fantastic and rich tea notes in a composition that ends up smelling pretty natural. I just wish the top notes hung around longer; they're utterly fantastic.

hollycat
hollycat

This is a surprising scent for a tea fragrance. Its not typical of tea fragrances at all in fact. By this I mean most tea based scents are refreshing and summery and generally cooling for the summer. Au the Rouge is warm scent thats a tad sweet, a tad spicy, and has a milky creaminess about it due to the resins and nutty notes. I love that the tea note is totally accesable to the nose, yet all the while mixing and mingling in a melange of notes that make this scent complex. I also pick up a rosy note that reminds me of this tea I drank as a child, gosh I forget the name of it now. Anyway this scent is comforting and sexy. Ive heard its been discontinued. Why are are the gems throw to the wayside? Its a unique fragrance, havent ever smelled anything like it.

Longevity: great
Sillage: Moderate

Kamaty
Kamaty

Sunday morning energizing fragrance ...
On my nose is bergamot, fig, tea delicious smell.
The combination is absolute amazing!!
It is a shame is discontinued...please Bvlgari bring it back!!! Is so hard to find.
I could wear everyday...
Realy nice and rich fragrance for daytime!!

StarMagix
StarMagix

This is one of those perfumes I just was not so sure I would like, or not after reading all the reviews but since Bvlgari is one of my most favorite designers, I decided to give it a go. I must say, I find it delightful. I do not smell anything manly about this scent even though it is advertised as one of the unisex scents. The pepper is the first note that hits my senses, and it is very pleasant. I think it is the fig and walnut that really makes this scent unique to me. I am not too sure what tea is supposed to smell like other than the tea in my cup ;-) but whatever it is that makes this scent a combo of delight is okay with me. I was very hesitate about pulling the trigger on my wallet with this perfume due to all the reviewers saying it did not last that long on them. I do agree that the immediate awesomeness does not last nearly as long as I would like, but the lovely all around scent last all night on myself. I spray it on before bed for a cozy, comfortable feeling and it is still pleasantly lingering long into my morning the next day. So ladylike.

starlight47
starlight47

Well I gave this one another chance and I love the spicy smell that it has to it. I just do not like this fragrance on me! I love Bvlgari fragrances they are all unique.

amelie

I just had a body milk and it was fantastic. EdC is quite strong, but so unique, don't know anything like this among fragrances. What a shame to discontinue this beauty. Distinctly woody from start to finish, as to feel a little cinnamon.Ideal for cold winter months, when it's snowing outside Eau Parfumee au The Rouge gives its best. Melancholic, warm, beautiful!

smellME
smellME

All I can say is, that this is the most lovely little creature I have smelled since last time I owned Donna Karan, by Donna Karan !!!
(her signature with black and gold lid )
Pink pepper , bergamot, fig. tea note together with musk and resins and nut at the base... this is a must for summer if you like Versace´s Crystal Noir as it reminds me a lot of it. Or if you find Crystal noir a little too heavy.
This is fresh, light but spicy !
Its DIVINE !!!

Jellybean
Jellybean

Overkill or fig, resin and nuts;oldie strange and I don't know who would this appeal to.
So I thought at first....and then the following happened.......
Amber, bergamont and tea save the day. It is unique, dark, mysterious and gothic fragrance. You can still detect resin and nuts, along with fig (not my type of a fruit) , but it goes well with other ingredients.
Advice: try it on the skin, sniffing the bottle and/or spraying it on paper tester card is completely different experience.
Again it is powerful and mature perfume, exclusively for evenings and nights out. and it lasts and lasts.........
Staplemark of uniqueness!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Wow, this is definitely my favorite Bvlgari scent so far! To me, however, it smells strongly of green and red apples and cherries! Those notes aren't listed above, though. Hmmm, there's definitely a little tea-like quality to it, but the overall scent is so lush cherry/apple, that I don't immediately associate it with tea. It's too young and juicy a scent to be truly tea-like. There's also the presence of citrus and bergamot. The main thing I can say about this scent is that it is fruity, youthful, juicy, and doesn't smell cheap! I love it so far... I also love the bottle! It looks classic and modern at the same time :) On me, the sillage may not be very good, but maybe this just isn't a "big" perfume... I still love it. The LASTING POWER, on the other hand is great... I sprayed some on a postcard a week ago and it is still clearly detectable! :)

Karen.M.OShaughnessy
Karen.M.OShaughnessy

I thought this smelled strongly of cardamom, but perhaps that's bergamot. Anyway, it does have a slightly spicy tea smell, which I love. Think this is my favorite Bvlgari scent.

username101
username101

Far much tea like, fresh and cleaner than the original Bvlgari Eau Parfumee. Even though it's not overtly citrusy, it is still light and airy and is perfect for a summer day as well as wearing it to the office. Definetely a daytime perfume. Subtle and very well balanced.

MetalMan
MetalMan

I must start off by saying that this is not just a tea scent...In fact it only starts off as one and then develops into an exquisite fragrance that is very far from where it began! On first spritz, it very much reminds the smeller of a thick, rich red tea with all the trimmings...meaning it has a little spice, a little sweetness/creaminess, and a bit of zestiness. All of that is the beautiful mix of tea, bergamot & orange, fig, and a pinch of pepper. This phase lasts about an hour or so. It then develops every so smoothly (and quite stealthily) into a rich and creamy dream scent that is quite similar to Armani Code (I know this sounds insane, but you must try it to believe it!!) but lighter in many facets. I would call this a lighter and more complex version of AC because there is much more than just creamy and leathery (in AC, not this beauty) goodness going on. This middle phase lasts a good five hours or so. The last leg of this journey is just a delightful as the rest...the resins and the walnut note pop up in a fantastic sort of way and remain dominant through the end of the fragrance's life. I don't get much musk, but that's not a bad thing in my book! This last bit of scent can last the rest of the day (at least four hours) if you don't wash it off or sweat it off! My only complaint is that other than the initial blast, the projection isn't that massive, but with a longevity like it has, it is a wonder nonetheless! I give this a deliciously creamy 9.5/10!!! P.S. On my skin it is much more potent, creamy, nutty, and a bit more masculine than when my girlfriend wears it...for her it tends to be a much lighter, sweeter tea fragrance! Skin makes all the difference!

tanzina.tanny
tanzina.tanny

Everytime I wear it...I feel like lost in me! :p So much in love with this exceptional aroma!!

cammellina85
cammellina85

I used to wear it many years ago, when it was given to me as a Xmas gift. Last week I saw it on offer for a very reasonable price and I had to buy it!
In my opinion, on one side this is nothing special, but on the other side this is not the average tea fragrance like Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, which basically smells of tea and lemon... This is far more complex, you can smell tea, spices, fruits and it's also well balanced.
I don't think this is the typical summer fragrance, because usually spicy fragrances are more suitable for wintertime, but being a cologne, this frag is so light that it can be worn even in hot summer days.
Although this is more sophisticated than other tea fragrances, this is not a sophisticated fragrance if you compare it to Angel or Jasmin Noir. Therefore, I would recommend it
to people who don't like super complex and overbearing fragrances and to women who don't want to smell like cupcakes or chocolate and prefer clean and aromatic fragrances.
BUT, consider that Bulgari makes high quality frags and if you find it for a very good price, you should get it, at least you could wear it when you go to the gym or food shopping!
Price: 10 euros for 100 ml EDC

vigilante_squirrel
vigilante_squirrel

Blissful! On my skin it opens up with that glorious red tea note and then a va-va-voom big burst of fig. Doesn't smell masculine on me at all, but sweet, warm, and delightfully feminine! As it dries down the fig softens out, the spices come into play, and, interestingly, I get the faintest whiff of spearmint! Very refreshing fragrance, not as long lasting as I'd like, but beautiful in every stage on my skin.

bp
bp

I love this perfume-scented tea.
The effect of this seems to be so soothing, calm and peaceful as the effect of tea.
It's a really lovely scent that translates well the possibility of something being completely unisex, such as drinking tea.
I loved having this perfume.
I strongly recommend.

All BLV perfumes are fantastic. Great brand.

This one opens up sharp and spicy on my skin. Softens quickly down to a very pleasant scent. Deep, dark and sensual. I can detect at deep grownup rosetone in this one -(maybe my skintype makes that). The basenote gives great woody note. First unisexparfum that I think works for both women and men. Its great. Longlasting on my skin - even it is just a Eau de Cologne.

Denna öppnar skarp och kryddigt på min hud. Mjuknar strax ner till en härlig doft, Mörk, djup och sensuell. Jag kan känna en vuxen, torr roston - kan vara min hudtyp. Basnoten ger härliga träiga noter utan att vara övermanliga.. Första unisexdoften jag provat som jag faktiskt tycker passar både män och kvinnor. Sitter länge på huden -fastän det bara är en Eau de Cologne. Värd att prova!

This is one of the prettiest tea fragrances I've smelled. I usually find tea perfumes to be too green. When it first goes on, it's like a strong cup of black tea with milk. The black tea has fruity undertones. The drydown is woodsier than other tea perfumes I've smelled. I drink rooibos frequently, and I would say this is a decent representation. I actually think Elizabeth Taylor's Diamonds and Rubies smells (unintentionally?) like rooibos, but Bvlgari's version is less synthetic.

I have a hard time imagining a man wearing this perfume, but I think the right chemistry can play it off well.

Lilii
Lilii

I love tea scents and I was looking to get this perfume for a long time but unfortunately I have to give it away.
The fact is I love the scent very much but after a few minutes it develops (both on my cloths and skin) in to a nasty herbal scent along with other chemical smells ...I don't get any fruit and the lovely tea can be smelled only during the first 5 minutes or even less.

I always do my best to buy the EDP (Of course because I cannot afford the pure perfume :)) because of my allergy to chemicals and this time was the first time that I bought a cologne and it was a failure.

tarayeo
tarayeo

This opens with a strong pepper scent which took me aback. But after some time it dies down to a lovely creamy tea scent which I love! It has this really unique blend. I'll usually apply it some time before leaving the house.

yonka180
yonka180

Bvlgari Red Tea Opens up with a harsh spiced tea with lime note, reminds you of opening a can of tea in one of those specialty tea stores. It's not the sweet and mellow tea, it's actually a bit off-putting, like a blast of something a little too spicy to be a perfume. Within about 10 minutes it becomes very smooth and creamy, the spices die down completely! Like... No trace left. and the fig starts blooming and becoming more prominent. It become reminiscent of Marc Jacobs Men with walnut in the background. It almost gives it a slight nutty bitterness. Very soft, slightly sweet and calming.

SheShe
SheShe

I like it very much.

Lasting power is very good for an eau de cologne. The scent is peppery, dark red indeed. Walnuts, pepper, tea and fig can be noticed easily and the combination of them makes a great Rooibos tea - a bit powdery, spicy and refreshing. I liked wearing it during summer. All in all, one of the best Bvlgari scents and tea scents.

It's unisex but I see it more on a woman.

renperd
renperd

Rooibos (red bush) features prominently in this scent, but the fig and walnut offer strong competition. To me the fragrance is strong and sweet. If you overspray, it becomes a bit vulgar "and cloying like low-grade tea with milk in a roadside diner" (Luca Turin). It's OK, but the Blanc and Vert are better.

meriel5240
meriel5240

it's a beautiful fragrance insofar as it lasts, but to my nose is fleeting in the extreme, gone in the blink of an eye, in fact. The red tea is gentle and warming and the rose blends in with a smooth accord.
I'm really puzzled by the earlier reviewer who found only a dab so strong as to need scrubbing ! For me it's hopeless on both sillage and longevity. Such a shame :(

I drink "red tea," but I don't really want to wear it. I also don't like fig notes, so this isn't something that appeals to me. After no more than about two hours, it is very weak. If you are a tea fragrance fan, you might want to try this, as it is natural smelling. I don't find it complex enough, though it is rich, for a while at least.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This EdC starts out as a strong, citrusy “green tea” scent along with what I perceive as a sweet, fruit-flavored tobacco note and a hint of something minty. As in the case of a lot of fragrances that are supposed to contain “fig”, I do not detect anything resembling fresh figs, but I suppose the fruity notes are meant to evoke dried figs.

To me, it smells like moist pipe tobacco, probably the cherry-flavored kind. As it dries down, it takes on a prickly note that I always find off-putting. The opening was just fine, but now there’s all this irritating, nose-tickling sillage obscuring what should be the main attraction. At this point it smells just like dozens of other scents that are out there, filled with the same unpleasant super-diffusive note. What could have been an original gourmand fragrance descends into stereotyped territory reminiscent of the "open-and-sniff" strips that come tucked into junk mail.

For an EdC, this is extraordinarily strong and tenacious, which I suppose is characteristic of this type of product. I was gagging on the sillage from a single tiny dab, so eventually had to scrub. Even scrubbing didn’t remove the smell completely, but it did cut it down to a somewhat tolerable level. I have to make what is probably a highly unoriginal observation: EP au Thé Rouge just isn’t my cup of tea.

treenhe
treenhe

i didn't expect to like this as i am not one for tea notes but it wasn't as citrusy as i normally find them, or dry. the first couple of mins were a bit sinus clearing but after that, i mostly got coconut. sweet but not sickly... and fresh. later a bit of fig but still staying fresh. it gets better as time wears on. and even though it gets sweeter, i can definitely see a man wearing (and liking) this.
update: the longer i wear this, the more baby powder it gets and that's just lovely!

jennyh
jennyh

I used to wear this all the time, it's spicy and lightly floral without being overwhelming. I love that the fragrances are "herbs and spices," since I love to cook, and even worked in a restaurant! It's fresh, warm, spicy, comforting and the lotion has the same delicious fragrance. The staying power is good and the fragrance is fairly consistent on my skin from start to finish (just looses a bit of the initial pepperyness, but not much!)

ngreeny
ngreeny

My favorite of the tea fragrances and my all-time favorite scent for rainy weather (except for En Passant, but I only have a 2ml sample of it so I haven't used it enough to do a proper comparison).

fifaatm
fifaatm

This is by far my most 'complex' perfume, with layers of notes. And I still can't decide wether like it or not.
It starts with rather lemony, sweet and peppery notes which I like very much, then it developed into something sweet (figs?), crisp (tea?), bitter (the resin maybe?) and STILL peppery.
Too bad, i hope that the lemony tea notes would come out strong, but on my skin, why all I got is that itchy pepper ???
I will experiment to combine it with body lotion (perhaps that has sweet lemon/orange notes), maybe it will come out nice :/

Edit :
I found that in cool temperature (indoor, with continuous aircon) this perfume is not too peppery, and will develop beautifully. The dry down is a subtle sweet, musky, bit powdery and bit peppery (not too much pepper though)

And I Like it.

*about early lemony scent, I managed to 'preserve' it by sprayed it to my clothes. Ha Ha*

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This is a beautiful interpretation of red tea (rooibos) and the most realistic tea perfume I have smelled in my search for a good tea scent. It is "redder" than CDG Nomad Tea and stronger than L'Artisan Tea for Two. I bought a little travel set with two body lotions, so I can layer. It is not sweet either, which I like. A successful buy for me, the tiny little bottle I got is not going to be enough - I need a full teapot!

Sissi
Sissi

Pure and unsweetened Fig opens this unique scent
there's a another Fig fragrance i whould like to mention Acqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi but very different from each other Bulgari Rouge has more
of a grounded opening of Walnut and Ginger that is
missing from the note cards evokes the earthy side
of the Fig scent which Fico is more sweeter milkier
and smooth but unforntunaly a bit synthitic,
Rouge dries a bit peppery of the note of pink pepper
with an undertone of Green Tea The basenotes finishing which it's light and hard to detect, resin
is diluted deep basin musk i bearly notice; my nose can't seperate and idenify a lot of notes and this is one of them. anyway my verdict I whould like if it did'nt have the heavy walnut opening but otherwise it's a above average scent.

scentous
scentous

it opens with a weird note which I cannot name it, like some kind of food went bad, or a stinking foot :(( but don't get me wrong I really liked the scent a lot..this strange note quickly fades away (in 5 minutes max) and straight black tea smell starts growing, as it starts sharp and crisp at first and with the tea constantly staying at the background a creamy soft woodsy phase takes place progressively...very unique, unisex but slightly on the feminine side, longevity is very good, sillage is mostly close to skin..it has similarities with omnia as they share some of the notes..

Cheryl5406
Cheryl5406

This perfume makes me angry - it starts with a wonderful scent and great promise - then disappears in 30 minutes. I mean completely. What a waste.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I chose this blind based on reviews, my experience with Bvlgari, for my love of Rooibos (to drink) and fragrances with the tea note in them. And I'm happy to say that I am not disappointed in the least.

On coming back to the notes to write this review, I decided to look up Yunnan tea. At first, I thought it was a sharp, robust, black tea according to the initial welcome.

What I discovered is that Yunnan in its finest form is full of golden (black tea) buds and is fermented with lychee, rose and longan--smooth and sweet honey flavored with a gentle, floral aroma. This is exactly what the heart notes smell like, which I mistook for something of a Rooibos and rose tisane.

The Rooibos lends a cleansingly warm, earthy character, while sweet, plump figs swim through the infusion and then transform into a heart warming resinous cushion.

Where Elizabeth Arden Green Tea (another of my faves) is bright and uplifting, this fragrance is gently soulful and sensual.

I really can't imagine a man enjoying the dry down as much as the opening after the transfiguration is complete. Most definitely a woman's fragrance in my book..

Longevity is also better than EA with a deeply penetrating allure.

If you appreciate whole leaf tea and don't mind wearing it, this is sure to be a winner in your wardrobe.

Lottis
Lottis

This is meditation in perfume form for me.
So soothing and calm... peaceful.
Tea and figs! Really nice and lovable.

Nice to find a perfume that costs almost free;) and it gives so much back!
I get many compliments on it and it feels so lovely to wear.

A new favorite!

On me the lasting power is great!!

passionata20
passionata20

When i get tired of all fragrances i use this one! This is very refreshing, like drinking a cuo of tea and i drink only pure Roiboos tea, so for me it is like ahving my time with a cup of my favorite tea. I agree with all the others who say that this is pure tea fragrance! Without lemon and sugar! A bit bitter maybe, but it is the most closest to that scent. It is perfect for summer also and sometimes i spray it on my sheets to sleep better.
I also use this one when i have a hangover, it makes my head better!

Eleiria
Eleiria

It started out very sharp and disturbing that at first I thought it was a loser. Then, in 10 to 15 minutes, that tea-like quality dissolved into a warm yet fresh-à-la-Bvlgari scent and even though no floral note is listed, it felt like white flowers to me. Tea note never completely disappeared and it blended very well with the powdery scent. I didn't get any fig though.

It's sillage is very good, I kept sniffing around all day to understand where the perfume was coming from everytime I moved and people around me asked what was I wearing, too. I must say it's has a catchy aura.

Curiosly Au Thé Rouge's dry down reminded me of J. Del Pozo's Halloween -and there are no similar notes at all. Interesting.

If I could find a way to skip first 15 minutes of Au Thé Rouge, it would have been one of my favourites. Because the dry down is really beautiful.

I wholeheartedly reject the "theory" according to which we all smell the same things but only describe them differently. It seems pretty clear to me that most of us know what vomit, cat pee, and bandaids, for example, smell like, so if some of us smell them in a composition that others find to be a heavenly delight, then it really makes no sense whatsoever to say that we all smell the same thing. Although I should also add that I do not deny outright the very possibility of a person who might find the smell of vomit, cat pee, and bandaids to be a heavenly delight. There are people out there somewhere who actually like SECRETIONS MAGNIFIQUES, right?

Fortunately, none of those not-so-delightful notes are relevant to or present in Bvlgari EAU PARFUMEE AU THE ROUGE, which is essentially, to my nose, an aquatic lightly woody fig cologne. Honestly, I find the fig much more dominant than the tea in this composition, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes fig and is looking for a light fig fragrance slightly on the woody side. This is a cologne, though, so be advised: your cherished bottle will appear to evaporate in a flash!

misscareyann
misscareyann

Dark tea, no sugar.
I've been searching for a real tea scent, and this is it. No smokiness, no spice, just a very dry, unsweetened tea.
It really doesn't change too much on my skin, and I'm very happy about that.
I've been getting a lot of compliments on this.

HAnah
HAnah

top note of pink pepper is which smells more durng the most time. It is an ok scent for my taste but i think that is more an eau de toilette that an eau de parfum....

Cereza
Cereza

It started like a black tea with lemon without any sugar, of course. After 10 seconds I got wonderful spices. It all together made a wonderful smell of refreshing, cold drink with just the right amount of spices added.

I will end my review like this as after 25 minutes there were not even a trace of the wonderful perfume I got when I applied.

Why one should ever pay 30$ for 25 minutes of enjoyment?

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Thanks guys, AND ladies. I wasn't sure what to make of this for a while. I couldn't tell if it was citrus and coconut I was inhaling, or something bordering macaroon. On my skin, I finally broke it down to something like a lemon-nut tea. Sometimes it makes more sense when it comes from someone else.

★UPDATE: Ever get the feeling that someone doesn't like you? Just recently, I and the person beneath me were thumbed down. I had to thumbs him up so he could get his balloon back. What did I say to deserve the negative treatment?? That's REAL high school people.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This is a very nice frag.. From start its a burst of tea & fig! Thats all I really smell! This is by no means a bad thing, the fig is there from start to finish. As it dries down it becomes a lingering sweet scent with a fade of the tea lurking in the background. It last approximately 4 hours on me @ most.. If you spray on you shirt, you will smell it all day. 1 of the better tea offerings from Bulgari! Nice scent I give it 7.5/10

narcotic
narcotic

wprofumo, you nailed it in your review! I too am no fan of what Fragrantica classifies as "woody orientals", but there's something in the round, full, superconcentrated tea note that makes this really something special.

I've never tested a perfume before that immediately smells so rich and so clean. It's the essence of fall; the rich tea gives way to some sweet nutty woods and one of the best pepper impressions out there, and finally ending in a crisp sap base.

I'm not surprised that Polge made this, as his perfumes shift continually from start to finish and this is no exception. It's masculine enough to get rid of that sickly sweet feminine edge that some Bvlgari perfumes have, which is fortunate as well.

I ended up getting the 25ml bottle; its pleasing round amulet shape is perfect for dropping in your purse or handbag for a weekend trip. I'm in love.

wprofumo

I have to retract the last sentence of the review I just wrote, having confused Jacques (Diva, Allure and CoCo Mademoiselle) and Olivier (The Rouge) Polge. So, I still don't know why I love an Oriental Woody.

wprofumo

I am not Oriental Woody - I don't possess a single perfume in that group -and fig should keep well away from me. So, why am I so intrigued by this perfume? I first tried it a couple of years ago at a duty free shop and thought, "yes, maybe". After reading the reviews here, I decided to try a purse size vial. It's initially a little frightening - perhaps that is the pepper, but it quickly mellows to the fig and tea, neither of which are overpowering. It then settles to its 'permanent' state which is very complex but reassuring, a little like drying hay, overlaid by powder to give something very sophisticated but not aggressive. It lasts for ages on me - nothing like Bulgari Green Tea which is glorious but so fugitive. It is unique: I think there is only one review here which says, "it reminds me of ...". It is like no other perfume I have every tried. The only comparison I can make, and it could be taken to be a very unflattering one, is that it has notes of the Shangri-La Hotel signature room fragrance which I first encountered in China. Normally such an association would kill a perfume for me! But the link only flashes through my brain for a couple of seconds and does not spoil The Rouge.
I still don't know what I am doing loving an Oriental Woody. But, the creator of The Rouge is Jacques Polge who also created Diva, Allure and CoCo Mademoiselle, all three of which I wear regularly. So perhaps Mr Polge is the common denominator.

If you want rich, dark, concentrated tea, look no further, you can't get much more tea-like than this.

I thought I was smelling something by Demeter when I first tried Eau Parfumee au The Rouge. It was tea bags alright, a heady, thick aroma of a cup of tea, minus the milk and sugar.

Due to its strong tea note, it sways more to the masculine side of things, however I'm not saying that women can't wear this too. I'm not a big tea drinker, however I do find the scent somewhat pleasant, rich and energizing in a way.

Eau Parfumee au The Rouge is oriental in some instances, especially with the additives of fig and musk. Despite the fact that this fragrance is encouraged to be worn in the Summer months, I tend not to agree. I do believe that this fragrance could literally become too steamy and cloying in hot weather.

The lasting strength of this fragrance is pretty poor unfortunately, but yet what can you expect from a cologne? Perhaps layering this fragrance with other scents, like I do with Eau Parfumee au The Blanc, could improve its longevity and make it less linear. Either way it's worth a try.

Just a little dab on both of my wrist, it starts out strong but quickly become hardly noticeable. I do smell tea definitely, like strong brewed southern-style sweet tea with oriental edge that it would be served in an expensive chinese restaurant. I don't know. I can't notice much at all after 10-15 minutes. (Oh I see. It is a cologne... Sigh) I also tried the White Tea before and the same thing happened. It's just gone in minutes.
Still I must say all Bvlgari Tea (Blanc, Vert, and Rouge) are nice scent. I would love to get one (or all three) as a gift, and please hope it would be a big bottle (200mL?) because I am gonna need a lot to make it last throughout a day.

9154mf
9154mf

This is a not-bad lite oriental frag, with a nice blend of tea, spices and fig. It's gentle but still there, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't buy a bottle of this but I will use up my decant.

Maki
Maki

I was so much impressed by all of the reviews that I asked about it in the shop. The woman was so kind to make me a sample. In the shop I only sniffed the bottle because I already had been crossing the whole damn South Pacific (ha,ha), choosing my favourite Comptoir Sud Pacifique, but I DO understand the enthousiasm about this one! It realy IS very clear and bright, yet warm and comforting and, though I never drink tea, it almost made me yearn for a cup....
Lovely scent!

racheliz13
racheliz13

I’d describe Au The Rouge as oriental-lite. While I like the way oriental fragrances smell on others, when I wear them they often feel too heavy, intense and distracting. Au The Rouge satisfies my craving for a warm, spicy, comforting scent while remaining light, gentle and very wearable. I’ll state the obvious and admit that true tea aficionados will probably appreciate this scent more than others because it masterfully recreates the herbal, vegetal and delicate fruit notes of fermented tea in a sophisticated, yet understated way. Being a big fan of rooibos (“red” tea), bergamot-laced Earl Grey, and the spicy-nuttiness of chai, Au The Rouge was a natural fit. This is a light, lovely, cozy scent that I like best in fall and winter, though it would be appropriate any time of year. It’s unique and not nearly as popular as Bvlgari’s white and green tea scents, but I think that’s why I like it so much. It’s different enough to be interesting, but soft in a way that those around you will most likely find pleasant, even if they wouldn’t choose it for themselves.

Floritica64
Floritica64

Very light on the initial test strip but on your skin its fig euphoria!

Scentsation
Scentsation

This fragrance wears well anywhere...I especially wear it to the gym or during my mundane tasks...the brightens my mood.

kraxa
kraxa

I love the combination of fig and tea. Very comforting yet fresh, and being in love with almost all Bulgari scents I don't mind smelling "like a teabag" at all!

costaleo
costaleo

I am still trying to get used to it... I find it too feminine, but I have had that impression with other fragrances (which changed with time), so I keep on trying it on my skin. I have a feeling that the drydown is quite nice, which is a positive thing when I balance out the pros and cons and decide if I will keep or sawp it. Its quality and good taste are undeniable, though.

mocha43
mocha43

The Rouge is an absolutely lovely scent on me. It has the combination of tea and fig that I can smell very clearly and it lasts well on me. It is one I won't be without. The bottle and top is a work of art as are all Bvlgari bottles. I also love The Vert.

bamboowu
bamboowu

I really adore this perfume. It is a lovely tea scent, it smells EXACTLY like the Red Roiboos tea I drink, with a little tangy and spicy feel to it.

In my initial spray I could smell the spicy pink pepper, but after a few minites, that softened. It has that green tea tangy feel to it too. If you have ever smelled the green tea incense by Nippon Kodo, this smells exactly like it.

A wonderful fragrance, I think it is perfect for any time. A very light and beautiful scent, very wearable for the office, hanging out with friends or just relaxing. I highly recommed this beauty.

I am most happy I got this one. I think you'll like it too.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Africa my hart stay there...... nana nananana...
This is very interesting scent and not very heavy. Oriental and sun shine.

Dark Curls

Today is a rainy day here in Texas and I chose to wear this to work today, and I am loving it!!

Riddhi Shah

Unusual, lasting, powerful.. I just love it! Individualistic and edgy.. Mwaaaaaaaaaaah

Dark Curls

i am sooo in love with this beautiful and unique perfume! This was love at 1st sniff for me. It reminds me of a rich, cup of tea- freshly steeped, before anything is added to it, with a hint of fruit. I can't stop sniffing my skin! It to me is a truly gorgeous scent and is plenty feminine. This smells NOTHING like anything in my collection. I will see how the longevity is, but either way I have a 100 ml bottle of this wonderful wearable "tea"! BRAVO to Bvlgari!!!

Riddhi Shah

I so so adore this one fragrance.. head over heels to its originality! Mwaah

twinklestar.pa
twinklestar.pa

This has the most beautiful citrus top notes. So incredibly fresh. I could not believe it.

rithacha
rithacha

Zvoncica, your review is dead on! That was my experience too!

au The Rouge had a very tea-like opening, black and bitter and strong. In addition to the potent tea note, the pepper kicked this one up your nose in an energetic manner. I find the opening to be super edgy, but bizarrely, it reminded me of Kelly Caleche, even though the notes are completely different. I think the tea on my skin reminds me of leather in some way.

The heart, though, is really really nice. I think the "old lipstick" description recalls the creamy, greasy, oily texture and sensation of old lipstick. If au The Rouge is still tea at this point, it would be Tapioca Pearl Milk Tea, honeyed down and liberally doused with cream, black tapioca pearls glistening at the bottom of the cup. The sort of tea you slurp down with a gigantic straw as dessert, thick as resin and nutty as walnut. I adore creamy scents, and au The Rouge is definitely creamy, foody even, but never too sweet.

Yet like all Bvlgaris I've tested so far, the lasting power is dismal. As soon as I begin to appreciate the creamy lipsticky-ness of the base, it has lightened and watered down. Barely a blip of sillage on my radar. And before I know it, it's gone. Next time I'll upend the whole vial on my wrist and see how it goes.

Mochagirl
Mochagirl

I'm in love with tea fragrances, but this one is really spicy, so not the soft-refreshing cup of tea. You have to be in the mood to wear it! Yet, I fell in love with the orange, fig and walnut ingredients as well, very quickly.

luxlover
luxlover

The Rouge is a very comforting fragrance that I love to wear on my relaxing "ME" time. I like it as much as I like drinking tea. I would prefer to wear it to a dinner out or whenever I'm sipping latte at Starbucks and unwind.

mmizy
mmizy

I agree that the top notes of this fragrance is aggressive with peppery strong black tea masculine scent and if this was a couple of months ago I would have scrub it off but i decided to wait for the dry down. It was very nice like a cup of tea with milk and sugar. I wasn't able to smell the walnut or the fig but I assume that was the sweetness I smelled. It was the best part and could easily be wore in any weather. Would I buy this fragrance? maybe a small one or a sample.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is one of the most beautiful, warm, natural fragrances ever!Spicy without being spiced, mysterious without being too smoky, sensual without being aggressive. I smell both rooibos and black tea, sweetened by fig-perhaps rooibos and earl grey. The base is resinous, black walnut without the bitterness preventing the lightness of the tea from drifting away like the delicate vapor from a hot freshly brewed tea from young leaves. The musk is there too, so the fading of this cologne leaves a beautiful subtle dry-down, a lovely "skin scent".
What a nice combination, black and red-Red tea is one of the most delicious drinks, and so wonderful-smelling...soothing, healthy, almost sweet without being sweet...And sometimes a cup of strong black tea will only do-tea proper-caffeinated and full of tannins-the smell is even better than coffee, though I am a coffee drinker. I also love that this scent is not too sweet, since I don't sweeten my tea. It is just sweet enough to feel deliciously feminine on my skin.

To have both black and red tea, sweetened by fig rather than honey is a source of much joy. My mother never reacted so positively to a fragrance before as she did when I came home wearing this-so I gave her the bottle. I will borrow a few sprays when I can though, since I am in love with this scent too.

Even if it becomes my mother's signature, I would have to wear this myself time to time-it's too lovely to be left to a few as a signature scent!

Update: This is the only fragrance I've been wearing lately-I have a cold, and I can still smell it, although not entirely. It is another spectacular nose-soother besides the mug of tea I have right now....

Migueltje
Migueltje

Beautiful perfume!
it's very subtile and rich at the same time.
For me as a man, I was told that it was too girly, but I've worn it for my classes (I'm a teacher) and even got a few compliments..
Just perfect!

zvoncica
zvoncica

The Rouge is longest lasting and strongest Bvlgari perfume. The beginning is pure strong black tea experience, so if you like the smell of English Breakfast tea, you will most certainly enjoy The Rouge. Middle and base notes introduce fig, walnut and raisins aroma, and with it a certain sweetness.

This is a moment from which I start to dislike and become uncomfortable wearing The Rouge. To spicy and sweet for my taste, the perfume reminds of the way lipsticks used to smell many years ago. This is unusual and unique scent, hardly mistaken for some other perfume. I must admit it is evoking oriental presence and makes warm comfort during winter days.

But is so not for me. The only thing I like about The Rouge is the bottle design.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I bought The Rouge based on the reviews here & my love of another Bvlgari "tea" scent, Omnia...& I'm certainly not disappointed!

I adore heavy oriental scents & TR makes a refreshing change & welcome addition to my wardrobe. It is an oddly soothing, natural & nutty citrus scent breeze - not at all sweet, nor overly zesty & sour - just light, clean & very, very calming.

On my skin the walnuts, bergamot & redbush tea are at the forefront & create a warm, woodsy herbalness. On a man it is delightful! It is a perfume that respects your personal space - a scent to read a book with, walk the dog in, relax with. You won't have people demanding to know your scent-secret but you will shine from the inside with the peace & inner calm it brings. TR is meditation in a bottle.

My only gripe is that it is so fleeting...but with such good prices on 100ml bottles I can happily spritz away!

Spring25
Spring25

This smells immediately like a strong hot cup of rich, spicy red tea. This didn't last too long though. The drydown is very faint and soft - more musky than woody. The citruses are noticeable in the opening and blend nicely with the tea, but I didn't really smell much fig at all, which was kind of a disappointment as I love fig fragrances. Although it's interesting, I can't imagine wearing this perfume out too often. I think I would enjoy wearing it more while puttering around or relaxing at home. Initally it had a bit of an energizing effect on me, however the drydown was actually pretty calming.

alef
alef

That is definitely my favorite everyday perfume nowadays! It smells smooth but kind of fresh too... I feel happy, energetic and clear-heaeded when I wear it.

amelie

Wonderful unique fragrance, which has a dominant tea note, imaginative and strong touch of the Orient. So warm and rich aroma, as black tea served with a tiny dry cookies,and yet so simple. Just perfect for cold winter nights.

markRep
markRep

The perfect notes to not only compliment the tea but bring it out and make it smell more like orange pico 'to me' than anything I've come across( even if it is roiboos and yunnan). For an Eau de Cologne it does last as long as most EDT and normally settles most perfume searches when it comes to Tea scents. Sometimes the citrus hits me more but more often it is the red tea and resin with hints of musk and fig for sweetener. Most of the time it really smells like a deep cup of tea with wild honey stirred in. I also love how the walnut sometimes makes it smell like the mentioned black tea. I really wish the parfumee line would come up with a true Black tea fallowed by a Mint tea. Every one make a cup of mint tea (no peppermint) and smell mmmm. This will alway be in my collection even on my dresser, as long as I can find it. It really is my go-to scent for everyday and for relaxing at night and can be layered but somewhat carefully. Really is for people after that single note but once worn it is seen as so much more.

Natalia78
Natalia78

Irresistible.
One of those scents that you never get bored with. Uplifting tea notes and sultry hints of musk and walnut.Number 2 after Philosykos by Dipitique on my unisex fragrances list.

brinnet
brinnet

I didn't know anything about this perfume when I put it on my wrist, but I think I may be able to rule tea scents out of my book.

This is the only perfume I've tried that has actually repulsed me. I say that in a literal sense, because I had to pull my head away as soon as I smelled it.

It's a very unique smell -- I kept resniffing my wrist, because I was simply curious about this smell...but when it comes right down to it, I was unhappy every time I smelled myself.

Good news for those who love it: it's a long-lasting scent and it's certainly identifiable.

Turns out the tea is not for me, but maybe you'll love it. You should absolutely give it a sniff and see how you feel about this unusual perfume!

solocha

In a few words - it smells like a dry black teabag, sweet vanilla, a bit of fig ,and coconut to me. Very comforting. Ideal to wear outside in summer evenings/nights. Rather lasting, and it was exuded from my skin in waves like echo.

Urska
Urska

I got it today and I love it already. Very special one. It's very warm, sensual, gentle, woody, very unobtrusive and like others said it has very well-choosen combination of walnut and fig, with some resin notes also. I think it would be appropriate for everyday use for me.

yzqrvpx
yzqrvpx

It's okay. Nothing special. The tea note is dominant throughout. For my nose there are no fig, walnut or resin notes. It is only an average scent. One that is best used to refresh oneself after a day in the sun and a cooling shower. A scent to wind-down in and definitely NOT a fragrance anyone will remember you by. I have it, but will eventually give it away.

dani78
dani78

A cool, quite and peaceful scent. It almost saved me during the hot summer days last year with its peppery freshness and fig-walnut calmness. It’s like a summer rain or a sip of juicy ice tea.

Elumina
Elumina

I tested au The Rouge and au The Blanc today, because my skin doesnt work with the most Bvlgari fragrances and i really wanted to find out, if there isnt any perfume of them, which maybe works with my chemistry. Well, i come to the end that The blanc is too masculine for me - but still nice, and The Rouge already take a place in my Wishlist, because i like it very much, after wearing it the half day.

Now to the scent itself, at the beginning i get a burst of black tea and pepper with a soft hint of fig, it smells really really similar to original black tea, a kind of bitter and refreshing smell - Im a tea-drinker so i know the scent very well and i like it too. This perfume brings the same traits like a cup of tea which gives harmony and calmness. In the drydown its getting more smooth and a very pleasant, low nutty scent rises, i can feel a waft of walnut and musk, but the dominat note in this perfume will be 'tea'.

Im sure this clear and sensual perfume is perfect for every season and work good as everyday, holiday and office scent. Au The Rouge is not too light and not too heavy, it just has the right balance for feeling comfortable with. I dont think its preferably for woman, i guess it can also be worn by men, so it carries the title 'unisex' rightly. The scent lasts on my skin circa 4 hours, what is very acceptable for Eau de Cologne.

Its such a natural scent, it always reminds me on a wood glade, where the last sunbeams reaches the ground and the air is filled with mild warmth, where everything seems to be so peaceful.

I very recommend to try this one, its hardly to go wrong with it!

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

I love this perfume. I tried it last year and finally bought it tonight! Very spicy on me, hot, a bit earthy and sensual, it has character and I love it! I can even see my husband wearing this. (Even if he is sold to Guerlain). Great lasting power.

chocolat
chocolat

This fragrance is a very pleasant surprise for me. B bought a big bottle and we use it together with my sister and my mother. It is warm but gentle and has a sweet fruity feel to it. At the beginning is fresh and spicy, later on becomes floral/fruity with a hint of tea. The staying power is acceptable for me having in mind the nature of this scent. I would wear it during spring/autumn and winter. For the summer i will try it carefully because our summer can be very hot.

ayaa
ayaa

i got this perfume from my mother, she didn't like the smell so she gave me.

well the smell is quietly the same as indonesian spicy food called rendang.
my friend who told me somehow.
but i got to admit that this one is great to wear on cold weather. it just like it could makes you warm when you take your breath and sniff it

coco76
coco76

As a person who enjoys a nice cup of black tea, I was so happy to finally find a perfume that captures its warm and comforting scent so well. SandraS sent me a wonderful sample of this in a swap, and I am so glad she did! Although I have always said that I detest pink pepper in perfumes, this one may have me rethinking that. For me, the tea aroma is delicious and inviting and develops wonderfully on my skin. My only complaint is that the lasting power is very weak...otherwise I would have rushed out and bought a bottle right away. Just enough spice and such a wonderful blending of walnut and resin..do yourself a favour and sample this one.

mwater1
mwater1

Just bought it today at TJX. It's a wonderful scent. I knew that I just love the smell of almost anything with 'tea' involved. This is just beautiful. Dark, smoky, and rich like good tea should be, then it warms up and the spices and musk are prominent. Best purchase I've made all year, I think.

orbicon
orbicon

I am testing this scent right now. This is an amazing and oddly fun scent. The first spray brings memories of my grandmother and her addictions to Lipton tea. A little more pepper in the top notes intitially then simmers down after a while to a buttery fig while the red tea takes a back seat. On paper this smells simple; on my skin, very complex with constant developments.

this is really amazing.when I smelled it,I could smell nothing rather than tea.it's just a cup of tea for two.no gander limitation!it's good for both men and women.
I think the first notes are so strong and more suitable for men,while the base notes are calmer and more feminine.
anyway,this is not a normal scent.tea lover would admire it and I think it'll warm up a cold winter day,just like a cup of tea.but you shouldn't consider it as a everyday perfume.just consider it as a unique,specific perfume for special occasions.

Elitsa
Elitsa

At first is very strong and heavy, i really don't smell anything of the top notes. After i feel it very spicy, hot.I can't imagine a man with this scene, for me is very feminine. I bought it for one of my girlfriends, she likes heavy perfumes, but for me it's too hard.

Amanda79
Amanda79

Smells exactly like a tea bag at first! A hot, spicy dark tea. I love that. The best tea scent ive smelled so far. When the walnut mixes with the tea and fig it becomes almost like a hazelnut on my skin. It wears close to the skin and odd that vanilla isnt listed because when it dries down I get a musky vanilla. This perfume reminds me a little of Noa Perle and Bath and Body works Brown Sugar and Fig. This is very feminine on me.

Update: I had no idea when I wrote this review that Olivier Polge the creator of The Rouge is also the creator of Noa Perle!

Update: This smell is addicting for me! I don't know why, its just awesome.. can't get enough of it! The lasting power is terrible but I don't mind spraying it on constantly! :)

Maddyrain

A really confortable combination of figs, tea and walnut. Perfect for those rainy days at home, when you want to smell good. I love it.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I like this one much more than any other in the Bvlgari "tea" line. I completely agree with Kurisu about it being such a unique combination of red tea with sweet figs.

Oddly enough, I bought this for summer in an attempt to update my summer perfume wardrobe. But I wore it last night in the cold winter air and was astounded at how good it smelled on me. It was warm, comforting, slightly sweet, and very calming.

This makes a perfect everyday or office scent, especially in the winter. Lasted longer than I expected it to as well - a good five or six hours.

kurisu
kurisu

Authentic and unique tea scent IMO. because the most of tea scent in the market is a green tea and it come with an absolute citrus notes.But this one is different.It's is a cup of rich tea with sweet fig,which make me feel that it's quite feminine.The character in my imagine is polite,kind and humble person.
Very comforting but not intrigue.So,the choice is depending on your purpose.I would love to wear this one for office and casual day.

rbradfordster
rbradfordster

I'm sorry but I have all of the Bvlgari scents for women so I decided to purchase this one to add to my collection. IT STINKS!!!!!!

Migotka
Migotka

Nice, comforting, non-offensive scent. It does however smell like a warm tea bag just taken out from a cup, seasoned with some pink pepper, while woody and musk noted seem to be quite forgotten.
Much as I love drinking rooibos, I don't think smelling like it is as enjoyable. It might be a good fragrance to use at work, but I find it might get boring after a while. It does not leave much to discover after the first spray.

One of my favorite scents, and that was unexpected. I tend to dislike tea fragrances because they never smell like tea. This one actually smells like raw silk on me and I love that scent. Possibly raw silk and roobois. It's light, clean and the EdC wears like an EdT. Very lovely, very sheer.

SandraS
SandraS

At the moment I am so captivated by this scent.
The first spray brings something lovlely fresh and a bit green. Looking at the notes i would say the bergamot with tea leaves an a bit of peper. After an hour or so it has dried down to something entirely new. I can still feel the tea leaves with the walnut and resin and just a hint of fig, making it so much warm and seductive. As others have said it has a masculine edge that accentuates its caracther. I love it. King of scent you can wear eveyday. More casual than formal events I would say. Smells "clean"to me!

solocha

Slightly fresh in the top notes, later tea type of sweetness with some figs. I would like it very much but I am not sure whether regular frequent use would do good to my stomach - I do not normall y like fig in fragrances. It is interesting and nostalgic quality this scent has, which I could compare toa woman clad in a frilly Victorian/Art Nouveau dress with many feminine retro accessories, taking her time to walk and do small odds and ends in her daily domestic life.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

I love this - The Rouge is clean, subtle sensuality. Opens very bright and tangy, but quickly mellows to a warm fig, walnut, tea, and musk combination that is so unusual and interesting. Easy to wear in any season. Definitely unisex. Great lasting power for a cologne, but I would love an extreme version. Very unique, and my favorite of Bvlgari's tea line.

Oxygene
Oxygene

I tested this fragrance, both on paper and on my skin. It was love at first smell!
Thé Rouge is a beautiful and well composed creation. It's both refreshing and comforting at the same time,
This really is an interesting scent and has unbelieveable lasting power. Only two drops from the sample lasted on my skin up to 10 hours so a more general application in the morning should keep you going all day.
Suitable for summer nights or winter... it's perfect for fall or spring!
I think I can going to keep it in my "must-have" list of fragrance.

Update: I have it, and I'm so happy! :)

Maddyrain

This one is incredible! For me, it's a lovely combination of fig and walnut notes. A great gourmand fragrance!

riverwitch
riverwitch

This is a sneaky little complex scent. It begins and ends in such different places: fruity almost green apple to begin, then mellows to a nutty, musty wet, rotten leaf afterglow. It is a juice that ages into something completely different than its first stage seems to promise--but I like its phases even if it does almost seem like it might not be quite sure what to make of itself.

baiba_pukite
baiba_pukite

This one is very interesting, a bit masculine in the beginning, but later it turns out to be very soft and gentle... Not for everybody! My mom hates it, by boyfriend can barely stand it, I sometimes love it, sometimes hate very much... But - the fragrance is definately unique and long-lasting!

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

A great scent, indeed. The red tea is very prominent, and it makes it quite unique. It's a lovely spicy summer fragrance. I just wish it had more staying power.

Moszatka
Moszatka

Very Spicy and very sensuallity summer fragrance. I Like it! Fig leaf and walnut is very successful pairs in it!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

Bvlgari makes some amazing fragrances. I also enjoy wearing this one when in the mood for something slightly floweral & spicy. It is intense at first but it mellow out on me with notes of red rooibos tea, bergamot, walnut & fig. It's odd, but this brings back memories of me as a kid: the scent of washing your hands after having played with Playdoh.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

This is amazing and one of my favorite perfumes. I could wear this everyday. It's gentle, but not subtle, with a somewhat masculine edge, considering it is a unisex perfume. When I wear it, I smell a lot of the fig note and the walnut note on dry down. The initial spray is a burst of pink pepper, which is somewhat spicy in the beginning. It's a beautiful blend and I feel at peace when I wear it. Calming. The lasting power is great, too!

Eau Parfumee au The Rouge by Bvlgari 3.92 out of 5 based on 849 ratings and 177 user reviews

Eau de Cologne 1.7oz
Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Rouge Perfume by Bvlgari, 1.7 oz Eau De Cologne Spray for Women
Eau de Cologne 1.7oz
Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Rouge Perfume by Bvlgari - 1.7 oz Eau De Cologne Spray
Eau de Cologne 3.4oz
Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Rouge Perfume by Bvlgari, 3.4 oz Eau De Cologne Spray Unisex for Women
Eau de Cologne 3.4oz
Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Rouge Cologne by Bvlgari, 3.4 oz Eau De Cologne Spray Unisex for Men
Eau de Cologne 3.4oz
Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Rouge Perfume by Bvlgari - 3.4 oz Eau De Cologne Spray Unisex
Eau de Cologne 3.4oz
Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Rouge Cologne by Bvlgari - 3.4 oz Eau De Cologne Spray Unisex

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Rouge fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Rouge, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Parfumee au The Rouge by Bvlgari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Parfumee au The Rouge by Bvlgari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.