Designers » B » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Jasmin Noir L’Essence Bvlgari for women

Jasmin Noir L’Essence Bvlgari for women
dislike

almond
Jasmin Noir L’Essence Bvlgari for women Pictures Jasmin Noir L’Essence Bvlgari for women Pictures

Jasmin Noir L'Essence, presented in 2011, is the more intense and more concentrated version of the original Jasmin Noir from 2008. The fragrance is oriental, floral, woody and musky. It represents the tribute to extreme sensuality, glamour and sophistication.

Top notes of pink pepper and bergamot are followed by Sambac Jasmine in a duet with almond. Base notes are licorice, tonka, myrrh and precious woods.

It is available as 50 ml EDP.

Bergamot Pink Pepper

Jasmine Almond

Myrhh Licorice Woodsy Notes Tonka Bean

Jasmin Noir
Jasmin Noir L'Elixir Eau de Parfum

Jasmin Noir L’Essence Fragrance Reviews

alias222
alias222

First of all - this is not a safe blind buy or a gift idea (unless you know for a fact it's wanted, of course).
I tried it today at a friend's, just because I never reach for the black bottles while trying out perfumes for myself. Those (to me) just seem too hard to pull off.
This one is different.
But it's definitely a "black bottle scent" - meaning that is heavy, strong, smokey and sweet (but in a grown up, no-nonsense way).
I can almost imagine a man wearing this... presumably because of the myrh and woody notes. But the sweet flowery part is not to be disregarded (which is why I said "almost").
Sillage and longevity are remarkable, worth the price.
If you're into making a statement with your perfume - try this.
But self-confidence is mandatory.

blake.lee
blake.lee

This is so rich and pretty. It's got the thick, opulent smell of resin. The myrrh and tonka smell like sweet amber. The jasmine is there but it's not the star of the show in this version. The woods and pink pepper give it a light smokiness.

mutatismutandis
mutatismutandis

Jasmin Noir L'Essence lasts for a very long time indeed. It really does have a lot of durability. Like it or loath it, you really do get a lot of value for money in that sense! I'd say the projection is moderate rather than heavy but, if you're wearing it, you're certainly going to be aware of it. This isn't a fragrance to be ignored but it doesn't go around shouting and screaming and assaulting the nostrils of others.

The opening gives you a full-blooded olfactory experience: bergamot, pepper, almond and that incense smell which myrhh provides. To be honest, I don't like the first twenty or thirty minutes of it: it's just a bit too overwhelming. But it settles and then as the top notes fade away, the myrhh stays there and you get a little jasmine coming out to play along with tonka and a little almond. The transition from the heart notes to the base notes is very slow and subtle. Gradually the almond inches its way into the background and shuffles off stage without noticing and the jasmine evaporates into the air. What replaces them is the appearance of woody notes, a little licorice and a resiny feel along with the tonka. It's such a slow motion change though. But the good news is that as the fragrance metamorphoses, it improves too. As the caterpillar builds its chrysalis and turns into a butterfly, Jasmin Noir L'Essence too transforms from something apparently unremarkable and unloveable to something rather pleasant.

I don't think this is an everyday sort of perfume and I think you would really have to love it to wear it a lot. It's definitely for the autumn and winter and evening and night.

It's definitely a bit different but you do have to be tremendously patient to wait hours for it to evolve. I would say it is the best of the Jasmin Noir group with their lovely black bottles, but I still prefer the Mon Jasmin Noir if you're looking for a jasmine and floral perfume. I wouldn't buy this for my significant other and I would only recommend it to someone who is looking specifically for this type of thing, but I certainly wouldn't warn someone off it either. It's one for a confident woman who is after a particular smell and is happy to stand out from the crowd.

Bee-young-ka
Bee-young-ka

This kind of perfume makes me feel very special, it's very resin-y, which I love and it definitely has an expensive aroma.

The Jasmine doesn't really come out on my skin, fine with me.

I purchased blind online because it was a Essence which I took to mean stronger and Noir which I took to mean dark/night scents.

A wonderful Myrhh, deep and smoky and a bit damp.
I love this and feel a bit Dark Magic when I wear it.

epiprocta
epiprocta

Confession time:

I am a 20 year old female with a perfume obsession and an undying love for everything dark, mysterious and sultry.
Leather, tobacco, myrrh, incense, woods, spices - I can't get enough of that.

My affair with Jasmin Noir started early, around age 10. My mother had bought a set of Bvlgari samples for her mother in law, but seeing that I love perfume to pieces, those samples ended up in my hands. Crystalline and Amethyste quickly ended up alone an unloved, Rose Essensielle and Femme were fairly nice too, but nothing could compare with Jasmin Noir. I adored it. I treasured it. I identified with it on a deep level. Jasmin Noir was a magic mirror where that I looked into, and saw my adult self staring back.

How could I not include this fragrance in my collection? Jasmin Noir has been reformulated, and it's a shadow of itself. L'Essence brings back the potency of Jasmin Noir, but more balsamic, darker, woodier, even more mature. The jasmine is hardly discernible here. Rather, it is Jasmin Noir's darkness amplified. Precious woods, almond, licorice, and myrrh. Yes, Bee-young-ka is right, the myrrh is a noticeable (and welcome!) addition, but I disagree strongly with discouraging people under 30 from wearing this. This masterpiece could be enjoyed by anyone.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

a blind buy I'm a helpless romantic for smokey woody white florals and l'essence hits the nail on the head...

this addition to the jasmine noir collection focuses on the smoky incense parts of the original giving them center stage in a more detailed way... the balsamic Moroccan incense is sexy the Jasmine petals are tamed yet still noticeable..

l'essence does have unisex qualities... a perfect Jasmin scent for men who are looking for one that's not too much.... the balsamic accord is very similar to L'instant de guerlain extreme but lighter if you like LIDGE you will love this

so good I ordered a second bottle

Lilithorvat
Lilithorvat

This luxuriously dark and heady aroma is intoxicating.

Identical in basics to the original Jasmin Noir, which I love, but there's a certain something special in this that makes it stand out. It's even lovelier than the original Jasmin Noir. There's a deeper, sweeter, woodiness about it, and spice too. Gives it a nice little bite, but not too much. This is more sultry and smooth than anything. I imagine this on a beautiful but deadly female villain! I do believe it's the myrrh that gives it that resinous, middle eastern flair that I find very appealing and mysterious. The scent of a strong woman with secrets and a dark alter ego...

If you already love Jasmin Noir, but you're looking for something "more" I highly recommend finding this, chances are you'll love it even more. This truly is the "essence of Jasmin Noir"! Silage and Longevity are not too bad on me, a couple sprays had my in a cloud of delicious dark marzipan/resinous scents for several hours straight, then dried down and trailed off into a creamy sweet wood. Of course it varies with skin chemistry.

and THAT BOTTLE....DIVINE! A statement of class that is the Bvlgari name.

If I didn't already have a signature, this would have been it hands down. Perhaps it may become my signature scent for a while anyway, it's just that lovely.

hdmc_2000
hdmc_2000

My 7 year old son likes to smell any new perfumes I get and give me his opinion. He said this one smelled amazing, so there yah go! Its similar to the original, but a little creamier. :)

gaz525
gaz525

Just delicious,dark and mysterious. Woody,syrupy,nutty. Long lasting on the skin but doesn't project very well unfortunately.

rednut
rednut

I don't get very much 'sweet' from this but that's fine with me. When first sprayed it is very peppery but this initial blast soon dries down into a lovely spicy floral. This stage lasts easily for a couple of hours on me then the woods and licorice come through with an almond hint. It does for me, retain the Jasmine. I sprayed it again before going to bed last night and I could still smell it when I woke up this morning. It's not got a monster silage but it's there. Longevity is around 8 hours.
I will buy it again.

My darling
My darling

Прилича малко на първообраза, но и не толкова. JN L’Essence е по-плътен, по-сладък, по-тъмен и по-гъст някак си. Като нектарен аромат. Като сладко, което е останало на дъното на бурканчето и е по-гъсто от това, което е било в началото. Жасминът е мек, не така отчетлив като в оригинала и по-кротък също така. Тонка боб се усеща отчетливо и точно с него е обвит жасминът. Не се излъчва като първообраза, с който пълня цялата стая когато го нося, не вее такъв гигантски шлейф и по-скоро си представям, че един ПП Jasmin Noir би ухаел така. Мек, интимен, много по-изчистен и качествен аромат, с повече класа от първия Jasmin Noir. В един момент от развитието си много напомня Dior Addict Eau de Parfum за продължителен период от няколко часа. Няколко часа, защото трайността не е по-малка за сметка на всичко останало. Около 12 часа след нанасянето на кожа вече се връща към уханието на едп версията, но тихо и меко.
Като цяло, много секси аромат, много нощен, но някак не за събитие, а за интимни моменти на свещи и тиха музика.

bvrchi
bvrchi

JASMIN NOIR L'ESSENCE is the intense version of original JASMIN NOIR. I bought it for myself 2 years ago as a birthday gift. This is Limited Edition.

The Oriental - Floral - Woody scent is composed with Jasmine and Licorice as the main notes. Jasmine is very sweet. Blended with sweet woody tones (from Licorice, Tonka Bean, Almond and Woody Notes). Everytimes when I sprayed it on my skin, I always thinking of the Smoked Jasmine. It's a White Jasmine which are covered by the smoked from Burned Wood. It's dark, very sexy, very sensual, and very mystery. I also feeling to a women who are beautiful and sexy too. She is wearing luxury black dress and the Sparkling Diamond on her neck. She is standing in the dark and mystery, cold weather and silent around her.

The first feeling is a strong sweet Jasmine with a woody tones. It's come into black feeling. One side make me feel sexy, luxury, and mystery. And one side it is so sad. And I always used it in the funeral times. But in fact, you can used it in the night you want to be beautiful and rich women look. After that, It will show about the Warm feeling from woody. Licorice is the main note of this time. and backing by Tonka Bean, Almond, or another woody.

Very very long lasting with the great sillage. Generally original Jasmine Noir is long lasting and a good sillage, but this one is the intense version of original Jasmine Noir. So it must double shot of that. On my skin I can smell it for more than 12 hours. And the sillage is so strong then make me feel headached for 2 sprays on my body. If you're looking for the winter scent which are smell very sweet and felling to the perfect women. I recommened JASMIN NOIR L'ESSENCE for you to try. :D

ps. I am really sorry about my bad english. Hope you'll never mind it.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I was unsure whether or not I should get the original Jasmin Noir or this- now that I have sampled both I can say that:
The original is a gorgeous milky, creamy jasmin with hints of licorice.
This one is a gorgeous scent, a little more of a spice note at first coming from the pink pepper and as it dries down a ton more vanilla.

Jasmin Noir L'essence is like the original formulation with the addition of a beautiful vanilla reminiscent of V&R Spicebomb or Dior Addict....gorgeous!

TillyWave
TillyWave

At last there is truth in advertising, and the "Floral Woody Musk" designation is dead-on. Jasmin Noir L’Essence is Jasmin Noir EDP amped way, way up. If you wished the original lasted longer, and was a bit stronger (Bulgari will never, ever make a powerhouse of projection of perfume, it's just not going to happen) the L'Essence edition is for you.

Now, on my skin both JN's are primarily woody notes, musk, licorice, pink pepper, and almonds all the way. The top is garnished with a flash of greenery, and the base becomes a concentrated woody musk, with a bit of incense/myrrh added to the mix. The jasmine is there through most of the perfume, but it is buried underneath the other notes--it is not a prominent note, which is why it is confusing--a perfume with a floral name is not a floral perfume.

JN L'Essence lasts at least 10 hours on my skin--that's crazy for a Bulgari, and those base notes do project a bit for sure. If you love Floral Woody Musks I think this is a green light.

Juma
Juma

Dark, sweet, sensual dirty jasmin.
Usually I like refined, clean fragrances but this one caught me...
Months ago I simply hated it, but now, obviously my skin chemistry is changing a lot, I love it.
Need a respraying through a day.

mutia
mutia

I did blindly buy this perfume. I was expecting a lighter version, something more into jasmine. Although I'm crazy about perfume in woody family, all I can say I just like this one. There's something that prevent me to fall in love with the fragrance.

However, you can wear this in colder months and on special occasions only.

charmedbella
charmedbella

Beautiful, sensual, dark, sweet, soft. This is a gorgeous, delicious fragrance. I put it on at the department store and fell in love. I bought it on the spot. I had also tried the Jasmin Noir, but I much preferred the sweetness of L'Essence.

I've only worn it out twice so far, but on my second time wearing this, I received a compliment! The only downside is, L'Essence completely disappears after 5 hours (at least to my nose). But it is truly a gorgeous, sweet, sexy fragrance.

EDIT: I put it on this morning and couldn't even smell it an hour later. I ended up putting on a different fragrance completely. So sad. :( I won't be repurchasing and will probably give it away soon.

I agree this is a big scent, classic, intense, on me I felt it wasnt smelling pretty enough, too dark, too serious, so I gave it to my mother in law who loves Bvlgari, I enjoyed the richness in the base, but overall the scent isnt a happy scent..

Sangers
Sangers

I actually sprayed this on my wrist by accident; I wanted to try the EDP, but I became distracted by the SA and cue disaster (lol)

At first, it was kind of a too strong, woody-spicy floral. I noticed the jasmine and the wood, and quite a bit of pepper. After about an hour, it started to settle, it was no longer so noticeable, and I could also smell the almond and the tonka. It dries down to a softer, woody jasmine.

It's a very elegant fragance; too elegant for me, actually! I really like it, but I don't think I would wear it too much, and it's not very 'me', even though I love jasmine like nothing else :) It's the kind of scent I always imagine on wealthy, sexy women with long black dresses (and sadly I'm not) I can easily see this as a classic; sadly, it doesn't seem to get much attention.

I want to try the EDP now, in hopes that it will be more wearable for me :)

scentsforme
scentsforme

OMG, . THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST, AND MAYBE MY SIGNATURE SENT.
I HAVE A LOT OF PERFUMES, I DID'NT KNOW WHAT WAS RIGHT FOR ME....
BUT THIS IS AMAZING AS IT LINERS BY THE HOUR, IT GET CREAMER AND CREAMER.
LOVE IT LOVE IT..... :P

cleo777
cleo777

Oh, yes, Jasmin Noir L'Essence, you WILL be my next new victim...uh...perfume! What an amazing scent. Definitely she belongs to the night, with her bewitching jasmine and woods aroma. Mmmmmm delicious on my skin!

So... I tried this in the hope of finding a Samsara's vibe, which is not the case, if not a fraction given by woody notes and a little tonka.
This is a very elegant, vaguely sultry yet elegant scent and I can understand how it appeals demanding tastes for real perfume. After a while also licorice makes it peak out and jasmin is there. The only not nice part of this scent is that at some stage on my skin it smells like an old wardrobe.

Ivanqa
Ivanqa

Elegant! The Jasmin Noir L'Essence is a Bond Girl scent if you know what I mean. Confident, sexy and self assured ...a dab lasts and lasts and makes you feel dressed up even when you are in your casuals.
My favorite way to wear a fragrance is to shower in it and so I am very happy that Bvlgari have made the delicious shower gel to accompany this scent.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

no vanilla? Might be the tonka and benzoin that's giving me the feeling that this is a vanilla perfume, but like Dior Addict, without that nasty bitter eliment that's in Addict (I think it might be immortal flower - Jamaican Queen of the night) , instead of immortal.. we have anaise bergamont and pink pepper (such an improvement). I think it feels more vanilla than floral, the jasmine is detectable though it's delicious and as jasmin noir dries down it becomes a little dirty (which I love). Really reminding me of Addict, again, I cant help it.... every sniff I take I'm reminded of that tall dark blue bottle, only it smells more refind and smooth and well just plain ...more delicious! The anaise isn't overplayed it's just the right amount. The wood is blended so nicely doesn't stick out so much to my nose, just adds depth. And the bergimont is detectable through the drydown. Oh this is wonderful, this is what I imagined Angelique Noir to smell like :) *closes eyes*, *inhales* =^_^=

An orgasm in a bottle!

This is potent juice the projection is moderate.. moderate for atleast good few hours then start becoming a bit closer to skin, lasts a full (if not more) eight hours on me.

Come to think of it, it reminds me of dior addict mixed with hypnotic poison, plus xtra jasmin and a touch of licorise . Or the love child of Guerlains Tonka Imperial and Angelique Noir

Very sensual, classy but dirty (in a good way), and though it's not edible smelling, it is and very YUMMY indeed!
Very very well done!

9.5/10

jonr951
jonr951

I WANT and NEED this BAD! And NOW! L'Essence is at the top of my wish list at the moment. It's SO beautiful!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I cannot wear the original Jasmin Noir, because the jasmine note becomes headache-inducing for me. This version however, is a much deeper, woodier scent on my skin. The jasmine is tame, and only noticeable through the heart phase. Once the fragrance dries down, it becomes warm, musky and woody. I detect mostly myrhh, licorice, and woodsy notes.

It's still not quite right for my skin (too much licorice!), but from the perspective of someone who prefers woodier perfumes, I think it's a great improvement over the original!

carinaro
carinaro

This perfume is so lovely! I bought it for evening wear but now I'm using it all the time. The firsts few minutes it's a little bit to peppery and heavy on me, but after a while it ends up in this very soft but still intense and warm scent of liquorice and tonka beans. I vary between ten perfumes right now and this is my absolute favorite.

fanny
fanny

Jasmin, sweet delicious jasmin.
Supported by not too dark notes: tonka, licorice, myrrh, and lifted by light ones: bergamot and pink pepper.
I am so pleased with this version, it is like the original, but getting closer and closer.
YUMMY

Marcy3585
Marcy3585

I work in fragrance, and have been looking for a new fall favorite. I thought I had found it in gucci guilty intense. I love the guilty, but it dies down pretty fast. I usually am turned off by bvlgari frag., but the other day I put on the jasmine noir essence and the guilty on my other arm. After the overpowering start, the jasmine noir became lovely. Stayed on , and got better by the hour. I still love it and. My fav. Is to mix the two frag. This makes the guilty last longer and gives it a hint of jasmine.

Nicole79
Nicole79

ohhhh..wow...the bottle is sooo Gorgeous...i need to test it!!!
I need a BLV Fragrance in my collection ;)
... one of my fav Houses ***

vertigo
vertigo

I don't like it at all.
Here's where Jasmin Noir stops to be jasmine.

This perfume is a sweet, sultry, buttery oriental.
Heavy on tonka, licorice and almonds - and not so much about jasmine. Not speaking of bergamot or pink pepper.

Despite it being heady, it's quite short-living, and its sillage is also weak as for something that is called "L'Essence".

Is it nice? I believe so.
Sensual? Yes.
Sophisticated / unique? Not at all.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This smells so good , better than the original jasmin noir! It isn't an everyday scent though. It's definitely for special occasions! This was one of the new fragrances that stands out to me in a positive way. Elegant, sexy and beautiful! Have to be honest I have a history of loving floral woody musks! I have a weakness for this group!
Update: On me this fragrance has turned into a musky mess on my skin, I don't get any Jasmin! I had high hopes because it smells so alluring on the paper strip.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Bvlgari Jasmin Noir L’Essence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Bvlgari Jasmin Noir L’Essence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jasmin Noir L’Essence by Bvlgari. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jasmin Noir L’Essence by Bvlgari represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.