Designers » B » Oriental Fougere « Groups

A Taste of Heaven By Kilian for men

A Taste of Heaven By Kilian for men
dislike

bitter
A Taste of Heaven By Kilian for men Pictures A Taste of Heaven By Kilian for men Pictures A Taste of Heaven By Kilian for men Pictures A Taste of Heaven By Kilian for men Pictures A Taste of Heaven By Kilian for men Pictures

A Taste of Heaven, absinthe verte, - is a pure fresh and refined fragrance based on green fougere aromas.

A Taste of Heaven by Kilian was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Calice Becker. The fragrance features african orange flower, geranium, bergamot, rose, wormwood, lavender, patchouli, oak moss, amber, vanille and tonka bean.

African Orange flower Geranium Bergamot Rose Wormwood Lavender Patchouli oak moss Amber Vanille Tonka Bean Costus

Pour Un Homme de Caron
Impact Pour Un Homme

A Taste of Heaven Fragrance Reviews

tailoredshirt
tailoredshirt

I bought a sample of this and tried it at work today. I immediately let my co-worker smell my wrist, and she said, "Of all the colognes I've ever smelled on you, this is my favorite." Honestly, I can't stop smelling myself. I love lavender scents, and this is a gorgeous, sexy lavender with syrupy vanilla and an herbal bite (the wormwood?) - deep, sweet, and a little spicy. A fresh lavender Oriental.

I think it does have a traditionally masculine edge to it, although my co-worker was surprised when I told her it was a scent for men. (I am female and I tend to prefer masculine or unisex scents.)

mrsg34
mrsg34

Ladies don't be afraid to try this, I feel it's unisex, very wearable for a confident woman. On first spray I get the Lavender note mixed with wormwood and bergamot, I actually find this phase quite relaxing and calming. It then settles to the most beautiful dry down of a vanilla, Amber,warm skin scent that's quite soft in comparison to the opening but just moreish and so wearable.

MetalMan
MetalMan

We will travel here one last time - shed your mortal coil and step through the gateway to the unending beyond...one last time. That familiar white light suffocated you - your vision goes crimson, lavender, black...you're lying in a plain of billowing lavender swimming in a sea of the sun's white light. Your breath holds the lingering poison of absinthe - you had too much to drink on your afternoon frolic. The wind carries the scent of cinnamon and civet - the scent of your lover....where is she? In a state of slight panic, you race toward the edge of the woods. Geranium crunches under foot, thorny roses nip at your clothing, and orange blossoms float gently across your path guiding your steps. Whispy hands of oakmoss reach toward you, almost as if to stop you....the dress of your lover whips out of reach as you stumble toward her, the scent of her ambery musk teasing you. The vast emptiness swallows you - you pass through the threshold into purgatory. Your skin is lit aflame permeating the air in musky tonka and earthy patchouli. This is where you belong. Hand in hand, you dance with your lover - two pale vanilla skeletons dancing across these infinite spaces...forevermore.

Day 65 - Old World
Listening to: Dead Can Dance - All In Good Time

Notes: My perception of this scent has shifted over time - this fume is either a perfect recreation of a few fumes or an originator of them. This starts with a beautiful, yet fleeting, lavender and geranium accord mixed with a very potent wormwood (it's real as I've smelled it in EO form many times). The top gives way to a vibrant rose and orange blossom which are swiftly overtaken by a potent and cozy cinnamon and musk with an intermittent civet keeping your nose on alert. The heart is weaved into a multi-faceted base of ambery vanilla, honeyed oakmoss, and a nutty tonka. I understand why people relate this to Caron Pour Un Homme as the lavender/civet/vanilla relation is undeniable. This fume also creates some of the vibe in Musc Ravaguer with the cinnamon and musk combo, the lavender and tonka of SL Gris Clair, and the honeyed oakmoss of many modern and vintage fumes. Even though this sounds like a lot, this fume is the best of all the aforementioned and creates a delightfully unisex entry into oriental fougeres that lasts comfortably for about 8 to 12 hours! Definitely warm and inviting!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For A Taste of Heaven Kilian

Notes: African orange flower, geranium, bergamot, rose, wormwood, lavender, patchouli, oak moss, amber, vanilla tonka bean

A Taste of Heaven is a unisex aromatic fougere. This smells very nice. It has an Oriental flair, it's dark, mysterious, floral, woodsy and ambery. This frag opens with a distinct bergamot citrus scent and lavender. The lavender would not be there if this wasn't a fougere. It's also slightly floral with another flower, geranium which in perfumery smells a bit like a rose. So this is a bit like a lavender and rose combo. The scent has a bitterness coming from wormwood and very woodsy not long into the fragrance's performance. There's patchouli and oak moss galore. It's only missing some leather or animalic musk to make it even stronger. As it is it's not too powerful it's warm and spicy and very enjoyable, easy to wear. It also has a vanilla dry down. Sweet perfume. Girls don't be afraid to experiment and wear fragrances like this. They are advertised as men's fougeres but they are totally unisex and women can rock them too. I think of this as a very elegant formal evening cologne to wear with black dresses. Gorgeous aromatic Oriental floral fougere.

Germany
Germany

Dark sexy and sweet,
I have always loved lavender and vanilla is one of my favourite notes as well. So it doesn't surprise me that I love Taste of heaven as much as I do. It was love at first sniff for me.
Starts very herbal, soapy , minty but in a warm sweet sort of way, it's amazing how refined this fragrance is. The quality is outstanding , it's aromatic deep rich and dark bitter sweet lavender , it's not overly fresh as it is more gourmand and heavy with the addition of the vanilla and patchouli ! It's marketed as unisex and it certainly is very wearable by both sexes. Jersey is my other favourite lavender vanilla which is not as refined and not as dark as this one. Jersey is still casual but more elegant , taste is more dark mysterious , gourmand and sexy to me.
This will always be in my collection. On my top shelf !

Another fragrance Taste of heaven gets compared to a lot is Caron. And indeed they have the lavender and vanilla in common but are really not so much alike. Taste of heaven is a dark sweet sexy vamp for date nights, business , and formal occasions and Caron is a light casual much more linear fragrance that has nothing deep or too sweet or too sexy about itself. It's great , but more fresh out of the shower casual. Two very different occasions and feels of these two somewhat similar fragrances.

MensEdP
MensEdP

@ rprovenz... This is priceless! "You smell good or you don't. This smells good."
Dead-on. Worthy of being centered on my tombstone!

jiujitsuhero
jiujitsuhero

I finally pulled the trigger on this cologne, after picking up multiple samples of it from Lucky Scent here in Los Angeles. I tested this on the strip first and kind of didnt like the way it came out. When i got the sample and put it on my skin this was a whole different game. I smelled alot of Lavender. It kind of had a cooling sensaition upon applying it. This fragrance lasted me all day. By no way does it feel or smell feminine with this fragrance. Performance was great, Sillage was good, Projection was good. Alot of coworkers complimented me and asked where did I buy it from. The dry down is even great the vanilla comes out along with the Tonka. Great Blind Buy.

PGHChris
PGHChris

I'm wearing this today, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I won't deny the similarity between this and Pour un Homme de Caron, but its not the spitting image that some proclaim. Caron is one of my favorite fragrances, so I figured I'd enjoy this. I think the notes are a little deeper, and the vanilla at the end is very warm and sexy. While I really do like this fragrance, I don't think its worth the price tag. Again, it is vary similar to Caron, but it has very nice streak of oakmoss or anise breaking it up, so its almost like a mix of Pour un Homme de Caron and Rive Gauche or Azzaro. A Taste of Heaven is a lovely scent, and I have no problem dropping a few bucks on a fragrance that I'm in love with, but I'm not in love with this enough to justify the price it fetches. I don't want to say that I'm underwhelmed, I just expected a little more considering the price tag.

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

I'm just going to make a quick review and say that I was a little disappointed with this one.

The second fragrance of Kilian that I test and quickly disliked. I can't even tell what it smell like because it was after all a quick sample.

Also, the tester in the store was broken so the sales lady just rubbed a strip of paper on the point of the bottle so I could get a little taste.

Maybe I didn't like it because it was sampled like that, but I will try to get a vial sample to get a proper taste and will update after.

Fortunista
Fortunista

The opening is nice, and the wormwood definitely gives this interesting character, but this dries down to mothballs on my skin. Nope.

Erok32
Erok32

This is similar to Pour un Homme by Caron as virtually everyone else has mentioned. However, I feel that the vanilla is far more prominent here. It's also deeper, bolder, and more refined. The scent in itself is very close to the Caron but with more depth. Both are winners in my book.

steveniox
steveniox

and finally, we arrive at 5/5 of the perfume samples i have from the 'by kilian' line, and i definitely saved the worst for last. as per my other reviews, i think this is more a case of skin chemistry rather than the perfume itself.

this was by far the strongest of the 5 i tried, (look at my reviews to see the others ones) and the 'hairspray' feeling i mentioned in those is here, in just one word, repelling. it seems almost as though most of this perfume is made from the strange 'fuzzy', chemical note i've been experiencing in the others from this line.

beneath that, i honestly can't describe what this is. it doesn't smell of lavender, absinthe, or in fact any of the notes on here. on my skin, this is just a slew of the above mentioned note, some indistinct 'masculine' notes, (like shaving cream, as mentioned below, which mixed with the 'hairspray' just smells repugnant.) and a sickly, powdery vanilla in the dry-down. it just smells wrong on my skin.

again, for the price, ridiculous. sillage and longevity seem (unfortunately, in my case) pretty good though. just... eurgh.

cemil.yilmaz.77
cemil.yilmaz.77

You feel as you are lookin' at a painting on which a beautiful woman is smiling to you .. Over all 10/10

weaselize
weaselize

This one introduced to me the note of wormwood, absinth. I thought great, this is an awesome note and i started looking form more wormwood perfumes.
So i,ve tried absinth and fou d'absinthe and i thought they were both great.
But the absinth in there smelled different, smoother and more relaxed.
In this, that sharp, bittersweet edge is what i thought absinth wass all about but i was wrong.
Then i realized that this bittersweet, acrimonious touch arized from the combination with the lavender and wow it,s great. (normally hate lavender fragrances)
The only thing i i don,t really like is the powderiness. Someone mentioned that in the end she smelled like mothballs, and i get what she means. All in all a good scent.

My father don,t like fragrances but i sometimes use him as a test rabbit When he,s not paying attention, i sneek in and spray it on his hand. He then says, common, not again, get away, and for this one time he said "hmmm, that,s a good one"

rprovenz
rprovenz

You smell good or you don't. This smells good.

orestes
orestes

Expensive for caron un homme copy! I prefer caron scent & le male for lavender and vanilla combination!

snowtree
snowtree

Similar to Caron's Pour un Homme but better. Better raw materials, softer, more complex, and ultimately not as harsh and pungent. A much refined improvement on a classic.

glucio
glucio

Similar to Caron as one said before, but less good. 5/10

annkom
annkom

Rocky road for me, extremely sweet at the beginning, I get lots of vanilla with a hint of lavender and strong mossy-mushroomy aromas at the same time. Quite a contrast. Vanilla fades away quickly moss develops and amber joins at this point giving it extra warmth and making it more bearable. This is something for classic lovers oakmoss is really interesting here, one of the most pronounced cases I've encountered so far. I'd say it's something for classic gentleman: safe & inoffensive. Not my cup of tea unfortunately.

adyyy7
adyyy7

This is not a frangrance.I can smell 5 or more different perfumes from this one during his very long dry down.Is the most versatile i've smelled.This is art indeed.

Casavulva
Casavulva

Agree with mr. Hunter.
I have compared ToH with PuH, and though they both end the same way, with an H, they are not the same overall. No I'm kidding.

Really, when comparing the two it's like comparing Placido Domingo (ToH) to Jose Carreras (PuH), that is: no match at all. Domingo is so much better it is a mystery Carreras ever became a star.

Perhaps PuH has been reformulated, and Carreras used to sound like Jussi Björling. Now there's a match.

ToH is a gorgeous gourmand vanilla, brulee style, and then a gorgeous lavender, Caldey Island quality, with a single tune of wormwood making it all more interesting.

It is almost too well done, because it smells like real food and real etheric oils. And if so, why not just buy a cheap (and real) lavender etheric oil and some real vanilla pudding and wear some under your coat?

It is like going to an art museum and watch pictures of nature. Then why not just go out in nature? Where is the art? Is it the wormwood? Hmm.

Jury is still out whether I will buy a bottle, because it is very expensive.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening is a bold, unexpectedly classic lavender-green note surrounded by a thin layer of vanilla and tonka and a dense, slightly dark heart of amber and evernyl (sorry, "oak moss" ...). A decently nice scent indeed, the green and lavender accord is nice and pleasant, and blends well with an unusual balsamic-medicinal accord I detected in many other Kilians' scent, which gives an almost decadent-urine touch to the composition. I don't get what it is due to exactly, but it is nice. A hint of spices and a lively floral note complete the pot-pourri. A pleasant, refined, nostalgic and overall light lavender-based fougère, although quite more delicate, restrained, flat and discreet than "real" old-school fougères (but that's common given nowadays' restrictions on components. and the tight budgets many niche houses decide to allocate for materials). To be honest if it's lavender what you are looking for, there are quite many better lavender fragrances out there, for a funny coincidence I was wearing Oxford & Cambridge when I eventually tested A taste of heaven, they are quite close, but Czech & Speake one is just something else – it's like those family pictures with dad and you as a kid "dressed like dad". No comparison in terms of depth, persistence, quality, elegance. Kilians' – as most of the rest of the line – tends more to a trendy, posh elegance. Cambridge is just pure, majestic, understated heritage elegance. Still, comparisons aside, A taste of heaven is a nice fragrance, and that peculiar ambery-balsamic-medicinal is a nice touch of "uniqueness".

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A beautiful smell of lavender and vanilla. This scent is basically a remake of Caron's Pour Un Homme but done with top notch ingredients.

A very nice scent though very pricey.

janjanjan
janjanjan

Smells like a pack of Smarties, or maybe Necco wafers, including a decent dose of the plastic packaging. I love lavender, I love absinthe accords, but this was not good!

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

At first I was intrigued by the heady whoosh of lavender filling my nostrils, but then moments later I noticed something rather peculiar slumping in the background.

A plastic, doughy sweetness that reminded me very much of a child's arts and crafts table; moulding putty and globs of Pritt Stick :/

I can only assume this was down to the costus, oakmoss and vanilla combination. As the lavender faded, this rubber putty mess crept forwards and became rather unpleasant.

Eventually, after an hour or so, it died down into something less offensive and reminded me vaguely of "Brut" body spray. That old chestnut from the 70s.

Anyway, really not for me.

ravjan
ravjan

It's a classical fougere scent but not very harsh - the vanilla sweetens the pill. Still lavender and wormwood are the key players so if you are not into them keep at bay! It's not bad but definitely not heaven, at least not for me. More of a lavender&vanilla bath foam really. And my association is for sure not green - it's lavender again!

slapdash
slapdash

In simplest terms, straight up lavender and vanilla combo with the added twist of wormwood.

Now I'm prepared to concede that this mellows out quite nicely. Late on, the quality, in particular, of a mildly sweet lavender, hewn of its rough edges, is obvious. Getting to that point, though, demands the sort of effort and patience that ought not to be a prerequisite for a fragrance at this price point.

The first hour or so is harsh, the three main notes seemingly working at cross purposes: the lavender is unpleasantly sour, the absinthe more akin to rubbing alcohol than a boozy kick and the vanilla neither here nor there. The comparison to an old-fashioned barber shop (and shaving cream) is apt, but only because it actually reminds me more of the solution used in such establishments to sterlize utensils - usually comprised of 80% alcohol to which several drops of questionable quality essential oil have been added.

A Taste Of Heaven is a good fragrance - a very good one, even - at its core. I just wish I could get past the the discordant opening threshold. Perhaps in time, I will.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

I remember the smell of wormwood. It smells at once green and bitter, like something which, if ingested, would make you pretty sick, pretty quickly. Which is basically how wormwood works.... so yes, it smells of wormwood. I get that pretty high in the mix. It's also got hits of lavender burnt on a charcoal briquette, of oakmoss, and I do detect the bergamot in there, though it is chained into submission by the vanilla and tonka. Never 100% sure about combining the puddingy gourmands with the fruit course, but it is here, mercifully, Wormwood, in all itt's grating glory, holds the big stick. So... why do I love it so? Because it smells like this. Here's the picture. A dark, dark, rainy night in the city. There's screams (of mirth or anger, it matters not), raised male voices, a car door slams. Rain drops fall into the puddles in the roads and pavements, leaving ever growing ripples which merge into each other as the rain gets heavier. A gentleman of the road huddles in a shop doorway, muttering profanities as he draws his cardboard bedding tighter about his body. Stiletto heels click and clatter by. A spliff moves swiftly by, trailing it's smoke which gently strokes your nostril and hurriedly chases after it's origin again, like a dog that momentarily halted to pee on a lamp-post and got yanked when it's owner tightened the leash. Neon signs, reflected in the puddles, upside down, back to front "GIRLS XXX", "TROCADERO" "BENNY'S BAR". To me, it will always be a strong, no-nonsense witchy woman, who isn't afraid of the dangerous dark, because she owns it and doesn't freak out when the rain falls. Something beautiful.

I'll just start by saying that By Killian as a brand has an excellent brand image and the packaging and presentation of the products is nothing short of stunning.
The reason I mention this after several reviews(and purchases) of By Killian fragrances is because of the evocative colour of this juice. It works really well in the ad campaign with the slighty macabre, almost gothic old world styling. That menacing green colour implies some kind of magic elixir, maybe a poison or psychotropic liquor like Absynthe.
Well looks can be deceiving because this is quite a safe outing from the house but at the same time is quite a unique take on the lavender theme.
Didn't make me immediately stand up and take notice like Straight to heaven did but it's an instantly likable fragrance.
An interesting blend which opens with bergamot and then quickly becomes a green scent in a way? fresh and a bit mossy maybe the absinthe too?
In the main I can detect lavender backed by vanilla and tonka which is really well done and also has qualities which make for a soft pleasant drydown.
Needless to say the blend is really good and it's hard to pick out the individual notes.
Good but not great, if it speaks to you and you can afford it I say go for it.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

This is a sweet, very rich, thick, vanilla lavander fragrance. It is rather linear (as I noticed with most Kilians, they are blended so nice its almost like smelling one whole solid note) but I'm ok with linear because it smells fantastic. I get a strong lavander with a deep rich almost gourmandish vanilla. Longevity is 10+ on me. A deffinate winner from the Kilian house.

robg303
robg303

So, I watched that movie "The Raven," starring John Cusack during Halloween and found it quite good. As I watched it, I wondered if there was a fragrance out there that featured Absinthe.

Guess, I've come late to the party, as everyone already knows this fragrance, but I've recently discovered it and I have to say, that it hit the mark for me.

Yes, it's expensive, as most high end/niche fragrances tend to be, but the quality of the ingredients, as well as the artful combination of aromatic, medicinal and sweet, makes it just so fantastic.
I think it is a perfect Autumn scent for a collection.

And if you're living in a cold, dreary city, like Baltimore and you like dark things: literature, poetry, horror films or you are a Gother, then you owe it to yourself to at least get a sample of this fragrance and see if it makes your inner 'Dark Child' smile.

If Edgar Allen Poe had access to this fragrance, he surely would've worn it!

christianne1
christianne1

This is like a more potent version of Caron Pour un Homme. It is an old school barbershop lavender fougere. It is even green in color giving that nod to it. I actually prefer the Caron. It is a fraction of the cost and more beautifully blended. It just doesn't last anywhere near as long. But considering you can get it for $35 at most discount sites you can spray as often as needed. Nice old school gentleman's fragrance, smells very polished and dapper. Gender bender for a lady but everything is unisex in these days it seems so wear what you like.

Lasts a solid 8 hours on me. Terrific in the longevity department as it should be for the price. Nice fragrance but before shelling out $300 please give the Caron a shot. It has lasted since the 30s for a reason. But if money is no option for you, the Kilian is great also. I still prefer the Caron. And I own both.

Buysblind
Buysblind

Take Caron Pour Un Homme and put a bunch of money into the ingredients and this is what you'll get.

A Taste of Heaven features a robust, bright lavender note supported by a sturdy, yet soft vanilla base. Absinthe provides its spicy-green edge and gives it all a bit of a twist--just enough to keep things interesting without interfering with the main theme of the composition. The fragrance follows a fairly simple plot: It opens with the lavender strong and upfront, and as the lavender settles the absinthe and vanilla become more apparent. Eventually the vanilla and lavender achieve a balance and the fragrance takes on a very mellow, peaceful feeling for the remainder of its life. Despite its simplicity, ATOH smells wonderful, and the quality of ingredients are beyond reproach--the vanilla is smooth and rich, the lavender bright and lively, and the absinthe green and pleasantly mordant.

Projection is solid to strong and the longevity is superb. This one lasts on me for 12 hours every time. There's really no need to go heavy with ATOH, 2 or 3 sprays should do you just about right.

I find A Taste of Heaven very calming and that it creates a friendly, tranquil aura. It doesn't dominate a situation, but it does not shy away either. At the same time, it's not demanding of its host or audience. It's easy. Appropriate for all but the hottest months of the year, this is a fragrance that can be dressed up or down and wouldn't be out of place at the movies or the opera.

A Taste of Heaven is something I will always enjoy and it occasionally finds itself on my "Top 5" list. Definitely worth sampling and sniffing out to see if it works for you.

demby

después de cuatro horas en mi piel , me gusta mucho mas, tiene excelente fijador lo adoro !

demby

la apertura es desagradable fuerte , lo mejor llega cuando las notas de base se fijan a la piel , es un aroma totalmente neutro , verde ,vainilla y lavanda

meama
meama

164) Pour un Mâle
A marriage between "Pour un Homme" by Caron, and "Fleur du Mâle" by Jean-Paul Gaultier. A totally lavender lavender in the first moments, with aspects of moist and aromatic undergrowth, mixed with some rose and citrus notes, bergamot and geranium for a fairly "aromatherapy" effect. Then the bottom evolves into notes of vanilla, woody, powdery and leathery, animal enough, with an suit effect as in Zino. Interesting work on a lavender who wants to be different, but in the end is not so innovative.
Must I say that the price is exaggerated? this is the price of packaging, the rest of the usual discour on luxury ingredients is the eternal commercial blah blah lie.

seboykin
seboykin

This is for men but when I got this scent in came with a bunch of Killian samples and so I put this one without noticing it was cologne, but let me tell you it smells wonderful and though my fav scent from killian is back to black, I got a million compliments on the scent. So if you're a chick try the scent anyway it mild enough to pass as unisex

Fawwaz
Fawwaz

one of a kind simply smell it and you will know every nose has a different taste

Museumgal
Museumgal

Lavender and vanilla, amazing combination. I don't get much absinthe at all out of this and none of the bitterness usually associated with that scent, so it's a bit mislabeled and colored. It's not green at all to me but warm and comforting. I think it is easily unisex and one of the best true lavenders.

sidewalks
sidewalks

Spicy fresh lavender and very obviously masculine to me. It smells kind of old school, and I think that's neat.

ssherices
ssherices

While I do think this smells nice I feel like I smell like an older mans aftershave. I even think it has a mans deodorant quality to it. It is soft but to masculine for me.

Edit: The longevity and sillage is amazing on this! Too bad I would not wear it. After a few hours the drydown is quite soft and nice.

GuanYin2013
GuanYin2013

Kilian 'A Taste of Heaven: Absinthe Verte' smells exactly like Cussons 'Imperial Leather' soap. This brand of soap was everywhere when I was growing up (in England). Cussons have a website - check it out, apparently they have been making fragrances since the C18th. You can still buy a range of Imperial Leather toiletries - soap, deodorant, talc. They have added new flavours 'For Her', 'Sporty', 'Sensitive Skin' blah, blah, blah. Ignore everything except the original variety. You can buy four big bars of luxury Imperial Leather soap for £1.00 from Pound Shops and similar outlets. My question: why pay more? Do not imagine from these facts that Kilian's fragrance is cheap, nasty, bad. On the contrary, Kilian's fragrance is truly lovely - warm, spicy, leathery, soapy. Longevity and sillage are, ahem, imperial and this seems to be the only gain you get over using the soap which gives a more subtle, close to the skin fragrance. The source of wonder you should take from this is that Cussons Imperial Leather can give us a very high quality fragrance for just a few pennies. I shall be buying some Imperial Leather goodies asap and afterwards if anyone asks me how I smell so good I shall say it is Kilian... Yes, I am that naughty. Fade on maniacal laughter.

Orchidee Nocturne
Orchidee Nocturne

I want this fragrance so bad! It's so lovely, but also a bit too expensive. I think they exaggerate with their prices.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

this reminds me of sex for some reason....like a dirty, sweaty sex session. there is something very naughty and xrated about this perfume. the dry down is jaw droppingly awesome....my fav part of this perfume!

deadidol
deadidol

I've been revisiting this one as of late and I'm starting to think it's the standout of the Kilian line. It's a very unique and complex take on lavender that lasts extremely well and has a beautiful, mineral dry down. It changes a good amount while you wear it, and it seems to invoke a whole slew of scent memories for me. It's an intriguing, relaxing blend whose notes seem like they should clash or perhaps be overly floral, but it's not at all. A great, unisex fragrance that brings some dirtiness to what might otherwise be a predictable lavender. Great stuff!

Grottola
Grottola

Mainly just a gorgeous woody lavender with an oriental feel to it; not so much a fougere as it is simply a pure lavender fragrance. But oh man, what a lavender it is. Beautiful bottle, too. Now, if only the price were lower...

josine75
josine75

A true (unisex!!) masterpiece, in my opinion. A Taste of Heaven is not an easy perfume; when smelled from the bottle it may come across as a cheap lavender scent which may put people off. When sprayed on, it is an absolutely gorgeous and sexy perfume. Smooth, musky sweet vanillic lavender with a touch of a certain heavenly "je ne sais quoi" , which must be the wormwood note. Everyone should try this beauty, she deserves it!

saguna
saguna

Sometimes I have this feeling like Kilian is just like a person, who doesn't care what people like, what they will buy, if it will be success or not, he just tries to express his visions of fragrances, his feelings in a scents and he experiments with many things.
At least 70 % of his collection ( I tried all apart from one ) I will describe as non wearable - would you like to wear a grass or a cake on your body?
But overall I love his love to experiments and I love his passion, because I don't know any perfumes like by Kilian.

mathieuq613
mathieuq613

only the dry down i like and its like the musc ravageur!!!

dollars&scents
dollars&scents

A Taste of Heaven by By Kilian - Upon application, one is treated to an invigorating and herbal, lavender accord. The fresh and clean lavender commingles with the pungent, medicinal bitterness of wormwood. An aldehyde-like effervescence can be sensed as the accord percolates and drifts to the heart. Here, in the middle, florals infuse and transform the lavender. Orange blossom, with its fruity sweetness, a sweet rose, as well as bourbon geranium, with its flowery and sweetly green facets, usurp the lavender. The lavender takes on a more floral slant. A hint of saltiness flutters about. Segueing to the mellow base, the woody resins of amber interplay with the vanillic, nutty and somehwat spicy aspects of tonka bean. A more camphoraceous and slightly smoky lavender develops. A touch of powderiness presents. Plumes of foresty oakmoss as well as earthy patchouli appear here and there. A shower of bourbon vanilla imparts its woody and aromatic facets. The fascinating blending of the foregoing leads to a resplendent drydown. This all-season, well-blended, and masculine composition can prove to be very versatile. Wonderfully, this somewhat classy scent has very good projection, a 2-foot scent cloud, and longevity, about 10 hours.

mocha43
mocha43

I received a sample of this from Lucky Scent. On application it smells very old fashioned shaving cream and as it dries down, if memory does'nt fail me, it smells like vintage Youth Dew. I never liked Youth Dew, in fact I've always been repelled by Youth Dew. Sadly, I also am repelled by this green Taste. It lasted for several hours until I scrubbed it off.

aventus88
aventus88

the opening smells nasty strong but the dry down smells good vanilla with lavender.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I thought I reviewed this but I guess not. Anyway...I just purchased Caron Un Pour Homme even though I own TOH(don't ask why especially after hearing of the similarities), but I really wanted to give it a try to compare. So lets see.

The Kilian is more herbal
The Kilian is a bit more smooth
The Kilian is is a bit more refined
The Kilian is a tad deeper and a little more volume
The Kilian has less of the barbershop feel
The Kilian is about $250/50ml while Caron is $45/250ml

Quality is in the nose of the beholder but that price difference....I love Kilian but man Caron may scratch the itch here.

Sahbomnim
Sahbomnim

Just a RIDICULOUSLY yummy, BEAST of a scent!
And one of the greatest presentations in frag history!! OMG!

Taleb
Taleb

For my money, many leagues better than Caron's pour un Homme, but Dirty English has better longevity on my skin....tusk tusk.

Yamba1
Yamba1

Lavender and vanilla with an elegant composition.
I agree with others who have stated it is more refined than Caron Pour Un Homme and the absinthe adds an interesting dimension that holds my interest over time. This has impressive longevity and moderate silage.
Some prominent lavender perfumes can be a little masculine to my nose, but A Taste of Heaven could be worn well by both men and women.
In fact, this is growing on me more and more by the minute!

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

This opens up with wormwood which is very contrasting to the otherwise smooth lavender base. But the wormwood goes away after awhile and leads to a nice, linear lavender on me. Lasts for an incredibly long time as do other Kilian scents.

williamvargas
williamvargas

got this a short time ago in a sample, first overall impression was very nice..i enjoyed just the feel of this one, i have caron por homme and while i can see why people compare it, this is so much more i think.sort of like it smells as sweetly as a man can smell and still smell masculine if that makes sense..loved straight to heaven..(got that from perfumed court.a little pricy of a sample) this i got from lucky scent..and now wish i had gotten a larger sample from perfumed court just to try it more. but i like it very much..man this is a compulsive hobby..(and getting expensive too)

By Kilian A TASTE OF HEAVEN initially smells quite green to my nose, and I immediately caught the absinthe note, familiar to me from a recent wearing of Tokyo Milk Dark ARSENIC, which boasts a very powerful dose of absinthe (albeit combined there with salt--a very eccentric and unique composition, it seems to me).

After a couple of minutes, the lavender and vanilla really crescendo and take over for a while. However, I still detect the absinthe in the background. Eventually, as this perfume dries down, the absinthe reasserts itself. I really have the sense that the absinthe is woven into the lavender-vanilla complex, making it less sweet and less brash. All in all a nice journey!

I compared A TASTE OF HEAVEN today with Caron POUR UN HOMME, and I have to say that I like the By Kilian much more. First, the absinthe adds real interest to a combination which is not really beloved to me: lavender and vanilla. But the lavender in the Caron creation is also quite a bit more harsh to my nose.

All in all, I would recommend A TASTE OF HEAVEN both for the absinthe facet and for the smooth-wearing lavender.

If you like Caron Pour Un Homme you'll dig A Taste Of Heaven. Where the former is a simple, yet incredibly satisfying, combo of lavender and vanilla, the latter pushes on the accelerator introducing top quality ingredients. The overall effect is perfect. An extremely balanced lavander/vanilla composition with a bittersweet edge provided by the wormwood. Very nice and surely among the most successful deliveries from this house.

Rating: 7.5/10

Heverton
Heverton

"An absinthe inspiration, the artificial paradise of poets."

This one opens up with lavender, a sharp one mixed with a hint o rose that quicklys disappears. There are some flower notes at the opening but I sincerely cannot distinguish between then, I only know that Orange flower isn't one of it. This one opens with a green aroma combining perfectly with the juice color.

After a few minutes vanilla kicks in leaving the herbal opening a little bit behind... now we have a mixture of vanilla and lavender, quite pleasant if I may say, but nothing outstanding. I do get a hippie aura surronding the smell.

At the base we do have a waxy type of combination given a deeper perspective to this fragrance.

My darling
My darling

Lavender and (I do not know why?!) cinnamon, nothing else...

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Winter... snow..snow behind the window. Warm evening at home ...wine , and he and this scent .

JToronto
JToronto

My husband bought "Straight to Heaven" and we got testers for the first 6 or 7 perfumes in this line. Liaisons Dangereuse is my favourite, but I have found myself "in the mood" for Taste of Heaven rather more often than I expected. It reminds me very much of Jicky but with an extra smokiness that tones down the sweetness - I agree this should be a unisex. It makes a great "boardroom" perfume for a woman - I don't find it overly heavy and the oriental elements are nicely balanced by the freshness of the lavendar and the sweetness of the vanilla. It's perfume for an assertive woman who expects to be taken seriously. Agree that it lasts for ages.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

Oh man, I'm in love. *swoon*

First off, I'm not sure why this is marketed merely as a men's fragrance as it's quite sweet.Yes, it does start with a shaving cream-esque scent, but after about half an hour or so more of the vanilla and tonka peek through. I can definitely tell there's more than one kind of lavender in here as it's not the flat clean body-wash lavender one tends to get but a plush, complex lavender. The spikes of wormwood, oakmoss, and geranium add an intermittent sharpness that keep this Taste of Heaven from being too sickeningly sweet. The patchouli here is thick and languid, far from the hippy-shop funk or boring clean-patchouli one tends to get in more mainstream scents. While A Taste of Heaven lacks the anisic notes of actual absinthe, I believe it conveys the *idea* of absinthe perfectly. Sillage is strong without being cloying, and three hours after application it's pretty much the same strength and scent as when it first started drying down.

Taking all notes into consideration I truly feel the inspiration behind this, the gloomy Victorian poet in thick absinthe-stained velvet furiously scrabbling words with knotted brow and ink-stained fingers. A Taste of Heaven is definitely unisex, but despite the sweetness I wouldn't dare call it comforting; it's the scent a dastardly man leaves on your pillow long after he's left the next morning, of the dangerous woman who boldly parades around in your shirts that she posseses as fully as she does you. Familiar, but with a throb of anguish and passion fitting for any Byronic hero.

Louvenia
Louvenia

This is my first review so please be charitable!A Taste of Heaven strongly reminded me of Caron's Pour un Homme de Caron.Similar opening with sharp lavender.Vanilla is more pronounced in Caron than By Killian's. To my nose Caron's lavender is more sharp,cruel,wild,astringent while By Killian's is green,more woody and a bit calmer! I can detect patchouli here but not in Caron's. The drydown is mostly lavender combined with patchouli and hint of vanilla.Lacks of imagination for its price,seems like a copycat of Caron's Pour un Homme! If you have Caron's don't even think to buy it.It lasts quite long and sillage is moderate.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

I get lavender lavender and more lavender. I, am, not, a fan, of, that, much lavender!

The notes make it seem all so promosing. The notes lied! The vanilla does make an appearance but does not improve it. Ok, it does soften it and makes it almost likeable but by that time I'm out of there.

The sillage you ask. Yes, it's there. Does it last you ask. Yes, (the one time I did not need it to last that long!lol)it does.

So many scents, so little time. And it ain't cheap!

Can a lady wear it? I suppose, but why and... certainly not my lady!

Goes on a masucline mossy leather chypre with faint spice, woody patchouli. Dries to an almost opoponax powdered incense/leather and spices. Warm, smooth, lovely. Incredible, delicious, divine.

Mogie
Mogie

I looked at all the notes on here and thought it would be a beautiful bouquet so I purchased a sample and I don't like this one. It just doesn't work on my skin. The amber is strong on me and I don't like it. I think I'm going to stick to Back to Black.

Maki
Maki

Neither on the website of Skin Cosmetics nor on the website of By Kilian, I see this one listed as a 'male' fragrance and I find it rather a uni-sex.

I only know lavender from scented candles or from scented sachets, bodylotions and things like that; claiming it will calm your nerves, prevent you from getting a headacke or will help you to fall asleep.
And from it's natural appearence in my garden ofcourse...(-:

In this fume the lavender gives way to these qualities and, with absinth as it's 'co-worker', manages to stand out as not only soothing but as uplifting as well...
And when the absinth tends to take a little too much credit for being so bright and uplifting, the lavender will shout just a little louder with her sweet voice that will echo powdery notes...
Asif they compete in being eiter masculine or feminine, depending on your skin-chemistry, the absinth will win to make this a masculine one or the lavender will win to make this a feminine one..
All you need to do is to check it out...Enjoy!

Lilian
Lilian

This could be a lavender soliflore, and a very beautifully done one.
It is indeed a mostly smoky lavender scent, slightly bitter in the beginning (with a little help from the absinthe), getting sweeter as time goes by, as the vanilla makes itself noticed, in a very slow pace - it takes its time, how could it not, it has all the time in the world to reveal its beauty: indeed, I have never come across a scent with better longevity than the By Killian ones.
However, the vanilla never becomes overpowering on me, and is never too sweet, but the scent is rather smoky and bittersweet - the lavender is present throughout the whole development, accompanied at times by whispers of patchouli and oakmoss.

The first time I tried it (on a cold day) I thought it could make a lovely, cozy cold weather scent, as the patchouli and vanilla seemed a little more prominent then, however we are having a killer summer here, and wearing it makes me feel clean, serene and refreshed; patchouli is now no more than a whisper, and vanilla - a smooth veil.

9154mf
9154mf

The opening is soft lavendar and absinthe two notes im not a big fan of. However these slowly morph dowwn and out comes a incredibly sexy, smooth tonka, with a hint of vanilla but not girly or too sweet, its kind of smoky, like a man's vanilla but this is definitely wearable by a woman. Its a quality scent that lasts ages too!

bloody frida
bloody frida

It reminds me of L'air de rien

Qwendy
Qwendy

I first sniffed this scent in Paris, and I could not get it out of my mind. The magnetic bland of warm and cool notes is at once refreshing uplifting and mysterious, due no doubt to the "absinthe" which in this case refers to artemisia (wormwood). In place of the traditional anise used in part to mask the bitterness of the wormwood in absinthe, is Lavender, used in so many forms it becomes downright heady! The lavender and a huge amount of Bergamot are beautifully balanced by oakmoss, artemisia and amber, which provide grounding and warmth, otherwise it just might fly away!

Oddly, this scent doesn't seem particularly "masculine" to me, probably due to its intensely aromatic nature. I never tire of it!

Kankuro
Kankuro

Gorgeous, GORGEOUS!! A taste of Heaven is a masterpiece! In the beginning I get strong lavender and some powdery notes. For a long time, the fragrance stays like this.

After 20 minutes it starts to change and a really unusual note comes through, I cant describe it (maybe it's the absinth?).

Several hours later, the lavender is still very prominent, but more subtle with soft vanilla.

I am very surprised with the lasting power and sillage. The fragrance lasts more than 20 hours on my skin! Even after 10 hours, a friend asked: "Have you just sprayed some perfume?" That's incredible!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

This fragrance is described as "Inspired by Absinthe, bittersweet nectar of poets." There is noththing bitter about this scent. It is a "sweet" fragrance done correctly.

For the first couple of hours, this beautifully blended perfume is somewhere between a barber shop talc (or as BethAshley stated: shaving cream)and/or vanilla sparkling cream soda.

As this parfume warms up you will get notes of lavender, bergamot & oak moss extract while the vanilla notes mixes with each one.

This fragrance reminds me of going to an old fashion ice cream pallor and having a sarsaperilla (root beer) float.

To quote Kilian: "Perfume is a messenger who opens a thousand doors in memories." Because this perfume reminds me of my childhood days at an ice cream pallor with my friends celebrate life at a young age, I can see this in my collection in the future.

I can see both sexes wearing this scent. It is an elegant side of masculinity for the person who is looking for a sophisticated Vanilla/Lavender fragrance.

Later entry:
Upon arriving home from work, I decided to put a little bit of actual Absinthe on me. There is a similarity but the fragrance is missing the anise (licorice) note. I will be experimenting a little with Absinthe and give my comments.

BethAshley
BethAshley

During a recent trip to Holt Renfrew I finally had the chance to smell the By Kilian line. I was fortunate enough to get four samples of this pricey perfume. This one is the first one that I have tried.

The tag line to this one is "Absinthe Verte", and it is green in colour, however, I do not smell absinthe at all. I recently read an online review that likened it to shaving cream, when it is first applied I completely agree. For the first 30 to 60 minutes it smells like men's shaving cream, vanilla, musk and bergamot. I think of my dad who has always used the fluffy white shaving creams and wears Givency PI (which is vanilla based)when I put it on. This long lasting fragrance eventually dries down to a warm, soft scent that you want to keep smelling over and over. It isn't a remarkable standout but it is very wearable and mature.