Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

Cruel Intentions By Kilian for women and men

Cruel Intentions By Kilian for women and men
dislike

oud
Cruel Intentions By Kilian for women and men Pictures Cruel Intentions By Kilian for women and men Pictures Cruel Intentions By Kilian for women and men Pictures Cruel Intentions By Kilian for women and men Pictures Cruel Intentions By Kilian for women and men Pictures

Cruel Intentions by By Kilian is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Cruel Intentions was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Sidonie Lancesseur. Top notes are african orange flower, bergamot, rose and violet; middle notes are guaiac wood, agarwood (oud) and papyrus; base notes are vetiver, musk, sandalwood, styrax, vanille and castoreum.

African Orange flower Bergamot Rose Violet

Guaiac Wood Agarwood (Oud) Papyrus

Vetiver Musk Sandalwood Styrax Vanille Castoreum

Cruel Intentions Fragrance Reviews

genvy
genvy

Whoa, wait, this is discontinued? Can anyone else confirm?

thepinch
thepinch

Although this is a relatively modern fragrance, the construction calls to mind the many dimensions of classic French parfumerie.

Kilian was in his mid thirties then; all stoked with passion and hatred for compromise. A Kilian fragrance was the distillate of centuries of nuance and subtlety. Cruel Intentions is not an original story, but it is one that is perfectly told.

Our Man was compelled by art. Mundane thoughts about cost objectives and sales per unit growth were the plebe stuff of accountants and marketing Managers. Which is probably one of the reasons why they are trying to kill Cruel Intentions.

It probably cost a fortune to produce. It was never a popularity contest winner. Today, you can only get it if it waits in a locked drawer somewhere. There is no tester. The Associate says it has been discontinued. It is still on his website, but...

We have heard that story, too. To offset the probability, I purchased the 1.7 oz refill. It may have to last me forever.

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

So... I broke down after so much time and bought the By Kilian sample pack.... I thought I would be enchanted by all the sugary florals, but they have been leaving me, for the most part, bored. But this, so poignant, so elegant - gentle, warm, smoky vetiver, with a hint of powdery, vanilla-sweetened violet. Just enough papyrus to evoke an in-house library. As perfectly masculine or feminine as the wearer. A personal scent. Sweet redemption for the house of By Kilian?

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

I hated this one. Came off dated and not pleasant. No go for me

my score: 4

Germany
Germany

I like a few Kilians and I wanted to like this one but just can't. It's too masculine for me with the oud accord , I cannot wear it. All I smell is oud and some other woods , the odd time I get a glimpse of something really nice and that's what others must smell more intensely but my nose picks out pretty much only oud which for me converts to musty celery and old cabinets , I will definitely pass on this one and leave it to the gentlemen !

I tried this one more time for a full wear of 7 hours just to make sure ,,and was even less impressed , I was hoping the oud would leave in the base but was there till the bitter end. Dry down was sour. I could see this being nice on a man though. Something about it is good. Just definitely not for me.

landshark321
landshark321

Sweet woody rose, By Kilian's Cruel Intentions plays of a velvety smoothness that's very inviting and provocative at the same time. This is one of many in the "sweet rose oud" (which makes me wonder how much less sweet By Kilian's own Rose Oud is) genre that seems to have grown popular as of late, and it does not disappoint in that respect.

The literature suggests this should be seductive, and it certainly seems appropriate in that place--a well-done rose is always seductive for both men and women, and the sweetness (vanilla?) is welcoming throughout the dry down. Most of the freshness in the bergamot and vetiver dies out relatively quickly.

This is certainly unisex, and despite the absence of freshness in the rose, I feel it leans slightly feminine on me. I'm generally a fan of the sweet rose (Cafe Rose, Noir de Noir, Rose d'Arabie, Rose Flash) but there is something about Cruel Intentions that almost seems like a candied sweetness as opposed to a boozy or vanilla sweetness. However, I'm completely open to the notion that it works for many men in the sweet rose genre.

The oud involved is relatively limited---most of the story here is told by the rose, sweetness, and woods. This is thick enough that it should probably be used mainly in cold-weather situations, though a warm-weather formal situation or a date might work well. It's strong in terms of projection and longevity, lending credence the By Kilian value for its price (the standard $260 for 50ml).

I like this a lot--I just know it's not for me, but I'd recommend that everyone check this out. It could be a signature scent for women or men.

7 out of 10

COVEN.
COVEN.

I'll admit I bought this blindly Purely based on the fact that I loved the name. There was something about it, something enigmatic and electric. I wore Cruel intentions Through my senior year of high school, it had become "my scent" I'd leave a scent trail behind me as I waltzed past the jocks, their muscled bodies and boyish faces would shine in the sun and they'd smile at me as I walked by. Sometimes they'd close their eyes and I'd wonder if it was my scent that they were savouring. Cruel intentions is very sexy. The Rose and oud are orgasmic together and there is a tartness and sweetness, almost like a hint of raspberries smothered with vanilla and sprinkled with warm notes of Vetiver. I appreciate the sexiness and the darkness of this scent. I love the way it makes me feel flirty and full of optimism. I'd love to smell this on a man, that would be absolutely incredible.

westside
westside

Soft, smooth, and lovely. Rose wrapped in powdery woodsy velvet that a man can wear without smelling grandmotherly. I normally find rose scents very off-putting. This is a true standout in the by Kilian lineup. I tried them all and this was my first pick. Full bottle on the spot. I think the subtle oud and musk create interesting depth and balance. Most (all?) oud / wood scents give me a headache so I've regretfully had to pull crowd favorites such as Terre D' Hermes and Chanel Allure Blanche out of rotation as much as I wanted to love them both.

Cruel Intentions - This is Beauty in a bottle. I also tried Amouage Lyric as an alternate possibility for a man's man rose concoction but found BKCI much more pleasing. Lyric is more of a Beast.

Gentle, inviting, yet long lasting with good projection. I think I shall wear it with a nice black suit and my light pink shirt. And also one of my new favorites to wear in my birthday suit while falling asleep in a magic rose garden bathed in moonlight. Yeah, something like that.

Truly the lacquer lockbox with tasseled key is a little over the top, but then again the idea is to refill so it really is a unique design concept that has been well executed. The presentation is far above and beyond others.

Parfum. Why do you haunt me? Certainly I have more important things to think about during the day. But my mind drifts to scents of wonder and I wonder what my next captivating discovery might be. Makes no sense. And here I am writing about parfum to a bunch of strangers. Goodnight. Sweet dreams.

XOXOXO

christianne1
christianne1

Sometimes timing is everything. When I first tried this, I was new to Kilian and was completely turned off by the pretentious "try too hard" names and packaging. I don't think I allowed myself to fully appreciate the fragrances because I was biased already and trying hard not to like anything I believe. I have since become a major fan of quite a few from Kilian. I decided to revisit Cruel Intentions (and just pretend it wasn't actually named that) and I have fallen head over heels. This is an absolutely beautiful fragrance. Rose, oud, vanilla, violet, sandalwood and musk.....how could it not be heavenly? The things I love all rolled into one. Slightly powdery and basically heavenly. I should not have been so judgmental because of the name and packaging (and price). This is so gorgeous. Just love it.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

I was gifted this in a travel size that comes with 2 refills. Doc Elly's review is spot on. All I get is sandalwood, albeit a good synthetic sandalwood that lays close to the skin.

tatonnement
tatonnement

Not a fragrance for me. Out of the bottle this smells like a cheap egyptian musk soapbar. On my skin it doesn't get any better. I smell some offputting concoction of decaying flowers and a synthetic soapiness that I cannot put my finger on. There are some definite animalic undertones that come through the dry down but they are seeping furry mustiness and sweat. Overall this fragrance smells like an old Avon brand to me, very outdated as though sitting on a dresser for years. Cruel intentions indeed...

4drewjr
4drewjr

Excellent Frag. This is a soft woody fragrance touched by a deep rose with just a hint of vanilla. Then settles down to a slightly sweet smoky wood. Love It!

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Although the oud accord is prominent in Cruel Intentions, it's very friendly. Cruel Intentions opens with a musky oud which soon becomes sweeter as the rose entering the chord. There is really not much pungent, medicinal or animalic traces, and the whole scent is more like an oud tinged sweet woody fragrance.

After about 5 hours, the oud gradually attenuates and a herbal spicy accord of vetiver, papyrus and bergamot is revealed. This accord combined with oud is actually more interesting to me, as it's at the same time deep and fresh.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is at least 9 hours. Personally I wish the late drydown of herbal and woody interplay could arrive sooner. But if you're interested in a relatively friendly oud fragrance, Cruel Intentions might fit the bill.

aphexacid
aphexacid

Generally, i don't have many nice things to say about the house of Kilian. Their perfumes are mostly forgettable, fleeting, and massively over priced.

Having said that, out of a large lineup i do think a few are gold.

This is one! Its a beautiful powdery, slightly sweet perfume, with a touch of booziness. Its got a certain coziness to it, but its not thick or cloying. I wore it in 80F weather without a problem.

Someone below me called it ethereal. Yes.

Also, i'm surprised no one here thinks this smells even remotely close to YSL M7 vintage, but without the oud. I get that immediately.

Speaking of Oud, i don't smell any at all. I don't even know why its listed on fragrantica, i can't see it listed anywhere else?

Performance is extraordinary. It lasts 10+ hours, projecting ALL day. I've had it on for 12 hours today, and i can still smell it wafting up from my forearms.

A real standout from Kilian!

becuille
becuille

To me, this seems like it would make an excellent sister scent to Feminite Du Bois by Serge Lutens. I read an interview with Kilian Hennessey where he said he wears and loves that perfume, so perhaps it was his inspiration here.

The opening on my is almost entirely woody and smells so very similar to the Lutens fragrance. But, where FDB dries down into a deep, mysterious scent, Cruel Intentions goes in another direction to become sweet and ethereal.

Strangely, I detect little to no rose here, which seems contrary to most other reviewers. Instead, the woody notes are most prominent for the first hour or so, then the violet and bergamont take centre stage. The vetiver and musk announce themselves very subtly as time goes on.

I think my skin wears this backwards (!) because the heart notes appear as top notes and the top notes appear as heart notes on me.

Sillage and longevity are both moderate.

I very much enjoy this fragrance and feel it could become my Feminite Du Bois for the summer months.

curtmaster
curtmaster

Wore this today and this is actually a Rose fragrance from Kilian that I really like instead of somewhat like or think that it's okay. From the start to the dry down, this is nice.

slapdash
slapdash

The fragrance equivalent of holiday leftovers: a bit of everything thrown together the following day to form a dish that carries the moniker of 'surprise' - ironically, of course. It ends up being decent but, almost inevitably, nowhere near as satisfying as the feast the ingredients were originally part of.

Violet and oud are the most prominent, though they're still fairly discreet. The drydown is woody minimalism, shorn of its most vibrant facets.

Cruel Intentions is listening to rock music without the bass and the volume knob turned down to 1.

Pro: It's pleasant.
Con: It's pleasant.

muzzbait
muzzbait

this smells like sherbet tastes -- slight acidic kick to it and quite tangy. i like it!

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

There's really nothing special about this perfume, on me at least. The smell fades quickly and to my nose smells like a weak version of my hanae mori. I had high hopes for this. Disappointed.

amandaj1024
amandaj1024

When I first sprayed it, it smelled very masculine, but quickly turned rather sweet and feminine. The sweetness soon became overpowering though- "cruel gummy bear" is a pretty accurate description. Besides the heavy rose scent, I could detect no other floral or woody notes- just a syrupy sweetness that borders on sickening. A shame, because I love woody scents, but this one seems to fail. Sometimes I think I smell like a Slush-Puppie machine, other times like an old lady (very old- think nursing home).

After about 30 minutes, it began to redeem itself ever so slightly by offering the hints of wood. Though I still think it is a high-fructose mess, it also reminds me of the wooden jewelry box I have that my prom corsage has sat in for the past fifteen years. Still, not for me

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

TOO CRUEL

Started out thinking this had some possibilities.

The smokey rose became too redundant thru the very long staying power.
(so far over 12 hours)

I can understand some of the positive reviews, but it's just too....off the mark for my nose.

mrr
mrr

I just simply and realy honestly can't understand how can somebody say 'Smells cheap' for this fragrance. For me it's one of the most luxorious and most misterious station after the drogerie scents and befor niche scents somewhere between them. Absolutelly not strange or unusual, but when i smelled it for the first time i was thought that i never smelled anything like this befor. Kind of special and notable but not bold. Sweet but dry, woody but rosey, mostly rose and oud. Interesting and very elegant. In my opinnion its for those people, who dont want to have a fragrance from a drogerie, but also don't want to have a too individual piece of art from one of the real niche lines. It's absolutelly useable in the autumn alldays.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

What an amazing experience! To me the top notes smell like a camp fire with smoke, burning wood, ashes and the earthy smell of a surrounding forest! Hopefully rose makes it appearance and brings its more delicate facet. I can't really smell any oud but all the notes combines beautifully to create a subtle woody and leathery harmony. No linearity with this scent. It keeps evolving on the skin, unveiling unexpected notes throughout the day: a peppery violet, a soft vanilla etc...
I think it is a very masculine fragrance. I wouldn't enjoy wearing it as a woman.

meama
meama

168) Cruel gummy bear
Wooded with dense smoky notes of vetiver, guaiac, sandalwood and oud combined with a purple floral accord, powdery and sugary, which I admit, I was quite surprised because I had never smell such an association before, and even if the woody accord may be deja vu, the combination with creamy violet is interesting.
Must I say that the price is exaggerated? this is the price of packaging, the rest of the usual discour on luxury ingredients is the eternal business blah blah lie.

treerunner
treerunner

first half-hour: a woody green rose competing for your attention with candied violet. the violet wins, and then, thank the lord, dies...

next few hours:
a slightly syrupy gob of oud on a bed of vetiver.

I'm not so sure I like how this one balances out. moving on..

KenM
KenM

I get a very sweet rose/floral scent with only a little wood/oud. I also pick up a plasticky smell that lingers in the background. Not strong, but still enough to be a turn-off. Longevity and sillage are good to great. It's supposed to be unisex but I would put this squarely on the feminine side. I would not buy for myself nor would I recommend to a female.

sidewalks
sidewalks

Starts off with a waxed wood smell that I just love. I wish it stayed like that! It quickly gets soft and muted, but still woody and the vetiver comes through.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

I love this fragrance. I'm not a fan of rose but this rose is not overpowering. It's a perfect blend of woodyness with a hint of rose and some sweetness. My favorite of the kilian house after sampling the whole lineup. The price is going to keep me from buying but I will definately be purchasing this sooner or later. Cruel intentions is subtle elegence.

Arber Cami
Arber Cami

the only thing i can say that it smells cheap,not worth spending your money on it on this niche perfume,a waste of talent

lakuota
lakuota

I had a chance to spray it on my wrist. Unfortunately, I was running errands and had my head stuffed with other things that day, so everything I can comment on is a magnificent drydown which welcomed me when I took off my coat. I got an impression of a well balanced oud perfume. If i had to compare it with other recent perfumes which triggered all that "oud-boom" thing to happen in niche perfumery market, i would say it is and oud classic. No unexpected surprises with this one. Sophisticated till the end, no unpleasant notes. Vetiver that is perfect for women, rose that is suitable for men - all blend with exact proportion of high-quality oud. This doesn't smell cheap.
As someone mentioned earlier, I also felt taht TF Tuscan Leather thing in the drydown. However, Tuscan leather has wider range of opposite aromas at the end - one can feel sweet and sour leather at once there. Cruel Intentions has more of that incensy and ebony leather, which makes it more animalic and tempting. Exactly as it says on the bottle - tempt me...

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I had my sample of this scent on my arm for a few hours. At first I thought it showed promise but nothing ever emerged during the drydown. I ended up with a really annoying cloying rose scent with wood, probably the sweet creaminess of the sandalwood with the rose. Frankly, to me, it smelt like some cheap drug store junk. This is not a well balanced scent. The ingredients may be expensive but this smells cheap- and that's a fact. No way I would ever spend any more than the $4.00 that I spent for my sample that I used up. I kept putting it on thinking it would get better. It didn't. Same cheap scent every time.

Hilaire
Hilaire

Doc Elly and Thatbrownelf have both hit the nail on the head. This fragrance is totally dominated by Sandalwood. There's a little Vanilla and Guaiac in there, some Orange Flower even a hint of Violet and Rose. In the right conditions it gives off wafts of Styrax, Papyrus and Musk. But essentially this is all garnish, delicate little hints which accentuate and boost the Sandalwood which is fundamentally what this fragrance is all about. It's actually pretty nice, in an oleaginous and powdery kinda way. However there are better Sandalwood fragrances around and even though this one is charming its price isn't, I would go for a Serge Lutens or a Guerlain Sandalwood before I would lay out the big bucks for this.

unwrittencode
unwrittencode

Love it !!!

catfishy
catfishy

This one smell exactly like tuscan leather-tom ford. I don't know why ,but it does.Please if anyone thinks similar to comment.

I get none of the floral or vanilla notes. It's mostly the woody notes: Gaiac, vetiver, papyrus. Still, a lovely scent, very complex and subtle while not being hard to wear. I wish these weren't so expensive is all!

Valleboi_a1a
Valleboi_a1a

hey peeps i wanna swap my full bottle of cruel intentions 1.7 with out box for a 1.7 tom ford private blend jasmin

finzi
finzi

What others have termed incense, I believe to be vetiver. Vetiver is a very dark, smokey, hypnotic scent and I think is far more complex and attractive than incense, which is much drier in my opinion.

Woody, with a subtle violet trail. The vanilla is subtle but it IS there, as is the orange flower, sweetening the composition a little, warming it and softening it.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

it's sheer and wears close to the skin. Longevity is good. The fact of the matter is this: totally unremarkable wet floral colone deoderant scent. If niche houses are going to charge prices like this they have to come up with something way better. Nice if you want a better way more expensive version of Calvin Klein...umm, anything

By Kilian CRUEL INTENTIONS is an oddly beautiful perfume. It takes a few wearings to wrap one's nose around it, but once one gets over the fact that this creation is completely intergeneric, not falling squarely into any of the standard categories, then one can begin to appreciate the composition.

The opening of CRUEL INTENTIONS, to my nose, is quite green, but there is also a strong incense presence. As the fragrance dries down, the wood becomes more prominent, and I begin to detect an ebony-like facet, which appears to be produced as a result of the oud conjoined with some of the other components.

By the drydown, I find the quasi-ebony note so marked, that I am reminded of Tokyo Milk DEAD SEXY or Love & Toast POMME POIVRE, both of which I would recommend for testing by anyone who likes CRUEL INTENTIONS. I should say that the two Margot Elena creations are not at all the same--devoid as they are of the green-tinged incense opening of the By Kilian--but they are oddly appealing in the same way. The texture of all three seems somehow chewy to me.

I find CRUEL INTENTIONS rather addictive and would love to have a bottle. It's neither feminine or nor masculine. Not overly oriental but also not exactly green or woody. Eccentric and unique is what I'd call it! Of the perfumes of this line which I've tested, this is by far one of the best.

naleiarenee
naleiarenee

Mmmmm! I am crazy about oriental woody frags.I think I may love this but want to sample first...where can I test this ?

CathyCooper
CathyCooper

I just bought this in the solid compact. Subtle and delicious. Sublime packaging. Good work, Kilian.

Heverton
Heverton

"A sparkling yet woody temptation composed with bergamot and oud."

Right after the 1º spray we have a woody aroma mixed with a prominent dry vetiver note but nothing harsh in
a way that will hurt your nose, this fragrance tottaly opens in a soft way.

Trough time a distinctive smoky woody aroma kicks in leaving the impression that this is more of a mysterious Intentions than Cruel Intentions, and also I don't know why but i'm getting a suede smell in this fragrance, making me remember somehow of Daim Blond but not so feminine.

Notes from LuckyScent: Bergamot Calabria oil, orange blossom oil, violet accord, centifolia rose absolute, agarwood, Indian papyrus oil, gaiacwood oil, Haiti vetiver oil, sandalwood, styrax absolute, castoreum absolute, vanilla absolute, musk.

I don't know which kind of "Cruel Intentions" they had in mind but this composition resembles anything but cruelty. It's a pale woody/oriental with animalic hints (leather?), a well rendered rose note and a slightly smoky oud accord providing a little body. Just right after the opening there's a vanilla/violet accord that dominates the fragrance throughout. It's sweet and, while it never becomes overpowering, at the same time has a remarkable cloying power that resembles of those candied violet petals they put on top of maron glacé.

Overall Cruel Intentions is not completely unsuccessful but way too far from being exciting. Unisex.

Rating: 6.5/10

Ktngrl
Ktngrl

I found this in a gorgeous shop in St Germaine in Paris and I loved it, it was a had to have for me (who can resist the amazing packaging!?) It starts off soft and woody and grows into a luscious, heady, creamy spicy cloud. It has density but it's not oppressive and i don't get the coconut. It has super lasting power, the best I have ever found. I can smell it on jackets weeks after, and days in my hair. It is very strong though, definitely not a summer fragrance, winter only and I'd say evening as well, unless your willing to keep it behind the knees. Due to super silage you do have to 'feel' like wearing this as it's definitely on till you shower and then some.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

Going to have to echo Doc Elly's review below as all I got from Cruel Intentions was sandalwood, sandalwood, sandalwood. A good quality, heady, milky, almost musty sandalwood like in Tom Ford's just-released Santal Blush, but sandalwood nonetheless. And just like Santal Blush it drowns out all the other notes to the point of nearly being a single-note scent. Not *bad* per se, but I have no desire to smell like the inside of an Asian furniture store.

fpih
fpih

Out of the 3 By Kilian samples I tested (Back to Black, Straight to Heaven being the others), this one's my favorite.
From the first moment I put it on, I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. Whiffs of it got to me hours later when I moved my arm and I became once more enchanted with it. Mainly, I detect the vetiver & agarwood in it; the vetiver is actually so prominent it's covering most of the other notes completely. It's also woody, comforting but with a bite; a perfect fragrance for a special night out. I'll have to seriously consider buying this despite the hefty price!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

A most excellent scent!

While it is a woody scent, the rose and amber give it a soft feminine quality about it.

Def unisex. Sillage is good and longevity better. Price is the obstacle here!

Highly recommend it.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I don't think there is anything quite like this unique scent. The initial burst of floral notes is romantic and seductive. I'm left with a heady mix of the amber, bergamot and wood notes which are distinctive and full of depth. Sillage is good and the pefume seems to last for hours. A beautiful scent , espcially for nights out when you want to feel like a vamp - definitely one for my wishlist!

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

In first is like Shalimar with Jicky.Balsam.The next is like S Lutens Daim Blond , very interesting and hight class smell.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

First off, I smell sandalwood, a whole lot of sandalwood. It’s an excellent synthetic sandalwood, probably deepened by a pinch of synthetic oud and some animalic note like castoreum. The woods are strong enough to drown out whatever the top notes were meant to be, but I’m not too disappointed that Cruel Intentions just cuts to the chase without having to go through the usual berganot and floral song-and-dance phase.

Within the first hour the scent blooms into a beautiful sweaty-sandalwood sillage, that seductive note that was in the original version of Samsara, the note that caused me to follow it, like a moth down a pheromone trail, into a department store where I bought my first full bottle of perfume ever. I’m a sucker for a good sandalwood scent, and Cruel Intentions is definitely one. The only down side is that it doesn’t last very long, 3-5 hours at most, taking its dying breaths as a slightly sweet amber. If you like sandalwood, Cruel Intentions is worth a try.

scentous
scentous

I tried two of the kilian's "back to black" and "cruel intentions" and it seems that kilian house creates really very special perfumes..cruel intentions is on the feminine side than masculine to me but it can work on a man too..rose with woods is what I get and amber which makes the scent soft and a little sweet..there is very subtle bitterness which according to me is because of bergamot.. but I really tried hard to detect all these as the scent is a very harmonious blend and quite linear which is OK for me..Longevity is good..the box with the little key and the bottle is so nice that you feel like there is a jewelery in the box..

theoneilove
theoneilove

I thing this perfume is very sensual one,not evident sensuality but more than that. Cruel Intentions contains a vibrant notes just perfect blended and the nose is a genius who creates a perfume both feminine and masculine, but most of all a perfume like a subliminal desire. If you want the evident smell of desire choose Back to Black, but this one is more versatile and for me a great surprise. I love it!

Mogie
Mogie

It is definitely soft and woody quite a beautiful scent. I wouldn't say this is dangerous at all though. I guess I was expecting something a little more dramatic. It's something I could wear on a daily basis. The thing I love about this scent is that it really adapts to the wearer. I have heard Women who wear it say it is more feminine and men say it is more masculine.

teddito
teddito

I does not work on me.Too masculine for my taste, may be because of the strong vertiver and papyrus note.There is sweetness too, but it is a kind of artificial, like simple sugar.
I can't catch the coconut, and the rose note is almost undetectable.
Brings me the same unpleasant synthetic feeling as the classic Agent Provocator.
However, I am in love with Back to Black :)

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

I prefer that kilian,rose,vetiver and coconut, a splendid mix that gives a mysterious woody fragrance.Look out D A N G E R!!!

Kankuro
Kankuro

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Cruel Intentions is a very soft and woody/sweet fragrance.

In the beginning I can smell something smooth and creamy (maybe the coconut?) along with some woods and rose. In the background there is an almost dirty note, but very subtle and faint. This dirty something disappears in a matter of minutes and the amber gives warmth to the whole composition.

After more than 50 hours, I can still smell the rose and the soft woods on the scent strip! Be carefull: BIG sillage!!

pitbull friend
pitbull friend

This one doesn't like me. It's woody but in a very sharp, unpleasant way, with just a hint of the bergamot behind it. It dries down to be vetiver, which I love, with a hint of the sharp, high note continuing to ruin it. This is why I'm glad there are samples - looking at the notes, it seemed like it would be perfect for me.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

I have been testing out several samples from the Kilian line in preparation to his personal appearance here in San Fracisco at Saks Fifth Avenue.

I am trying to narrow down to which one of these beautiful perfumes to add to my collection, wish I could afford more than one.

I agree with Aeternitas review: "Gorgeous! Soft and Woody Fragrance." I enjoy the scent after several hours. It's spiciness give me a comfortable feeling. I enjoy how soft the coconut and wood notes become.

These are perfume to experience and take your time in deciding which one to add to your collection.

update: Finally, added to my collection, the travel size on 3/18/2010. It was a early birthday (3/26) present to myself.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Gorgeous! Soft and woody fragrance, I can immediately smell the woods, rose, and bergamot. I also can smell the vetiver, and the woods become much more prominent on dry down with the amber. Although it is labeled unisex, I think it is more feminine. However, it does have a subtle masculinity. It is a beautiful work of perfume, slightly sweet and gentle, but it isn't unnoticeable. I would love to own this, but it's too expensive! I guess the bottle and the packaging are worth it, though :)

Adding: the longer you wear it, it seems the more masculine it becomes.