Designers » B » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

dislike

coffee
cinnamon
Intoxicated By Kilian for women and men Pictures

Intoxicated by By Kilian is a Aromatic Spicy fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Intoxicated was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Calice Becker. The fragrance features cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon and coffee.

Cardamom Nutmeg Cinnamon Coffee

A*Men
A*Men Pure Coffee
The Taste of Fragrance A*Men

Intoxicated Fragrance Reviews

on the noze
on the noze

When I spray my little sample vial of Intoxicated, I think to myself, Moss Breche's little sister.
MB being one of Tom Ford's highly underrated and long discontinued, Private Blends, and my introduction to my love of cardamom. Being female, I don't want to smell like either of these fragrances, but gosh I LOVE to just sniff them every now and then.
I feel it is male focused, but still unisex. I get no coffee and no chocolate. Just lots of cardamom and maybe some eucalyptus??
I also think of Serge Lutens' Chergui when I wear or sniff this, (if you like one, you'll like the other) and see this perfume as the color 'green'. If it were a fabric, it would be flax or canvas.
All in all, its nice enough sure, but not my fave from the black bottled collection from By Kilian

Ali_1990
Ali_1990

at the beginning the notes will be strong then it will disappear for a few minutes after that the best smell will come.

( intoxicated ) one of the best coffee perfume.

guilhermefalcai
guilhermefalcai

Intoxicated? I like to call it with name of Addictive. If Calice used A*Men how inspiration she created a new and Best. In the first spritz they are almost the same but Intoxicated shows why he came here, the evolution is fantastic, the clarity of the notes, the elegance of how they evolve, the sweetness of cinnamon just right mixed a great coffee, the quality, now the comparation is almost zero!! The performance is very much satisfatory. Yeah I loved it, I didn't expect to love it as much, I'm intoxicated, addicted, I don't know more nothing...

Ruffienne
Ruffienne

The opening notes are strong and off-putting, and distinctly after-shave like. It's a little bit hard to define exactly what they are though. The initial vibe is masculine.

I went into this knowing exactly nothing about this specific scent (although I am pretty familiar with By Kilian as a house) and was mildly horrified at the first sharp blast, which smelled largely synthetic and fairly unapproachable.

However, it mellowed quite swiftly into a smooth, sweetish musky well-integrated female fragrance with little to none of the gourmand-y notes the listed ingredients would suggest.

I get no coffee at all, and was surprised - very surprised - when I read that it was included in the listed notes.

This is a female winter scent, and while not floral, it is still sweetly feminine. Creamy, soapy, warm.

Snicole82
Snicole82

Not really a fan of this. Has a meaty spin to it, almost like sausage. I smell a blast of coffee and black pepper in the beginning and that's about it. Longevity is minimal at about 2 hours on me and sillage is weak. Definitely not worth the price.

jes1123
jes1123

Attention lovers of Bond 9 New Haarlem, Voluspa Baltic Amber, Bvlgari Omnia (the original, in the brown bottle): if you are drawn to warm, sexy, spicy fragrance then this one is for you. I find this to be extremely similar to New Haarlem but slightly more wearable. I must admit, this is one of those smells that i would prefer my home to smell like than for me to smell like. That said, if you want to smell like a sexy spicy cup of coffee then this is all you need in this life. Sillage and longevity are there - and the gorgeous by Killian packaging is a plus.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

Stunning. Mocha cake, lemonade, snow on the ground, coal fires in the winter air. Yes, there is coffee, but it's incidental, because this stuff has taken coffee and made it into something unique, something gourmand and warm, yet cool and environmental. It is at once luxurious and at the same time, the pit head at Wearmouth Colliery with a sea fret rolling in from Norway. I love cardamom when it's done right. This is done right. Gone is the medicinal quality and in rolls Mata Hari on silent gliders. It has no tinkle whatsoever, no sharp edges, no sugar, but delicious brown spice it has aplenty. It's Eartha Kitt on a chaise looking you in the eye, beckoning you in with a growl. This is going to break the bank for me this year along with the Chanel Coromandel I've got my heart set on.

ChubbyPillow93
ChubbyPillow93

A whole bunch of people said this smells like A*Man...
Strongly disagree:) and here are my reasons:

1.To compare A*Man series with Intoxicated, I've tested A*Man(Original), A*Man Gold, A*Man Pure Malt, A*Man Pure Coffee, A*Man Pure Havane, A*Man Les Parfum de Cuir...and my conclusion is, no one is exactly the same with Intoxicated.The only comparable one is Pure Malt, which has the slight creamy side of Intoxicated, but A*Man?Not at all.The whole A*Man collection has a candy-like sweet/gourmand atmosphere, I can sense the caramel note in many of this collection.

2.By Kilian's Intoxicated, however, seems to deliberately avoid being too sweet.The coffee note in the beginning is dry and a bit spicy, it falls on the masculine side completely.I tested this on both my skin and my pillow, the coffee note is even more "straightforward" and pure on my pillow.

In general, though it is still incomprehensibly pricey, there is no denying that it has the uniqueness(unlike Creed's Himalaya which copied the tedious male designer fragrances' structure and sell it for $300).

RubyBirdy
RubyBirdy

I wouldn't say this fragrance is coffee-centric. Sure, coffee is there, but it's more about cardamom and nutmeg - lots of nutmeg, slightly roasted. I can also smell something chocolate, but it's not sweet or blatantly gourmand. The drydown is a subtly sweet, honeyed tobacco with a hint of spice. Some aspects of Intoxicated remind me a bit of Chergui by Serge Lutens, but I think the latter is more expertly put together. I love cardamom, so overall I feel positive towards this fragrance, but I don't think it justifies the price tag.

Calvini
Calvini

I don't smell much "actual" coffee (maybe people just perceive it as such), instead it packed noticeable amount of cardamon in the opening and a vague doughy semisweet dry down. Although the fragrance is deliciously pleasant, it's just another "nice" fragrance that's not really worth the price (unless you buy the refill for $100 less); barely a step up from A*Man... I prefer Voyage d'Hermes Parfum for an interesting cardamon scent.

Yogamarc
Yogamarc

Intoxicated is another excellent entry from By Kilian. I get a gently spiced chocolate with a light sweetness. The coffee note makes the chocolate less obvious and less linear. I understand the comparison to AMEN but this is so much more refined. If Amen is Britney Spears then Intoxicated is Adele.
The packaging is easily the most sturdy and weighted case I've ever seen. They could chop $50-75 off the price tag by selling the bottle alone in a box. Once you have this exquisite presentation box and bottle, refills are far less pricey. The comparison to AMEN gives it a bad rap, but honestly, how many people flip over that Frag? The fact that this shares some similarities to a widely regarded and loved fragrance isn't a bad thing if it also distinguishes itself. It's rich and warm and deliscious without the overpowering cloud associated with the less expensive second cousin. I can't wait to keep this close during the next few cold months.

Nbond007
Nbond007

beautiful coffee fragrance

landshark321
landshark321

By Kilian's Intoxicated had been well-received so I'd been eager to try it but upon first smell, the similarities to A*Men and some of its flankers (Malt, Coffee) are almost far too noteworthy to give it much merit for uniqueness. It smells great, and the coffee base gives it a slightly different finish from the patchouli/coffee combination that is present in the A*Men line. It's unoffensive, its booziness and coffee aspects not likely to be unappealing even to those who are not fans of either accords. It's well-rounded--the opening not too harsh, the base not too dull--a little evolution.

However, at several times the price of the A*Men fragrances ($50 for 270ml of Intoxicated vs. under $100 for 100ml of A*Mens), it's difficult to imagine why anyone would contemplate buying this over one of those. Intoxicated is not particularly stronger in projection or longevity, nor does it ring more sophisticated. It's a great scent but would its prospects are limited in a world in which the A*Men line already exists.

7 out of 10

gelo999
gelo999

Intoxicated is an excellent work by Kilian I also love the winter fragrance since its steamy, smoky halo envelops you like a warm coat.

Open as a kind of cross between Dior Homme and Mugler A Men, which can lead to disputes and debates, but they are fragrances that have nothing to do. Intoxicated entity has sufficient quality to be a unique and very special work.
It was not until the spectacular drying, for there its amazing smoky character as if it were a hot drink, a kind of mixture of coffee with sweet spices that could be confused with a spicy chocolate.

That smoky-sweet nature and projected drying lasts for hours phenomenal, with a quality beyond excellent components.

The fragrance is more complex than it at first seems and it takes a little time to develop, but worth the wait, is truly special and mostly very addictive.

Rating: 9

Ewalk81
Ewalk81

Okay so I just received some samples from the Kilian boutique. Intoxicated was one of them. On first spray I kept asking myself, what does this remind me of? Then it hits me Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler. So, for the price point, I would rather go with Pure Malt.

sinan.al-nasiry
sinan.al-nasiry

On of the best sweet coffe scents ever
Tons of compliments
Straight forward , what u spray is what u get at the end of the day

smellslikedimond
smellslikedimond

Not getting some of the comparisons here. None of the mugler appear to have the cardamon which for me is the dominant note.
I retied my sample of the mugler malt and found the same thing. The malt in the mugler is strong and great but gives it a pleasant sharpness i dont find in the kilian. Saying that i dont get much coffee in either .lol. The cardomon is the note that attracted me to this fume and is warmly enveloping. I agree that this one is pricey and like the mugler and their better price point. But this is still pretty special to me.

tophcam
tophcam

The cardamom gives an almost lemony-spiciness to the coffee - gourmand, but in a very grown up way.

When I smell this, I get a very sunny coffee vibe from it - California autumn mornings with your cup of light-roast coffee in hand with the scent of fall wafting across you.

Definitely a delicate cinnamon vibe - almost in a Chai tea way - that's more aromatic than sharp.

Nutmeg lends an almost floral-nutty vibe to the composition.

As I wear it, the coffee calms down and the spices take center stage. It really does bloom beautifully on the skin.

By Kilian certainly know what they're doing - I've so far never experienced a dud from their range.

With all that said, you might be just as well off spraying A*Men by Mugler into the air in front of you and letting the rogue scent droplets delicately hit your clothes. They're similar enough to where I'd say that A*Men is the budget-friendly version of Intoxicated - if maybe for a touch more on the gourmand side. Just don't tell the Hennessy family I said that.

miletas89
miletas89

Not as milky as I would've liked. It's a bit sharp, not very warm. With a coffee scent one would expect a little bit of latte-like warmth and creaminess. Montale Intense Cafe is warmer and sweeter.

caylemoore56
caylemoore56

Excellent winter fragrance. Definitely for cold weather! A little loud, but so without being too heavy. Go easy on the trigger, and I don't think anyone could find this offensive. Smells like Christmas, and who doesn't love Christmas?!?!

Rerik
Rerik

Intoxicated is the best perfume out of the smoke line. Intoxicated has nothing to do with smoke or smoking. It´s a sweet, almost gourmand like fragrance. I wouldn´t compare A*Men with Intoxicated. It smells like Pure Coffee.
The smell is feminine, soft and slightly warm.

archivist
archivist

I haven't smelled A*Men, but I'd describe this as a very lactonic/milky coffee with a whole lot of sweet vanilla tobacco. It's pleasant but I expect more from Kilian.

Think A*Men without the tar and rough edges and you'll be fairly close here. The notes seem to be easier to detect and enjoy as well, and this is clearly in unisex territory. I like this better than others of this type, including New Haarlem.

pauroj
pauroj

oh my god , so today i got playing with the devil and while i was looking i got to smell this one , sweet lord i swear i smelled beef jerky or to be more exact something in spanish is called "carne enchilada" which is chili beef is incredibly spicy i swear i could smell beef, not for me but it was interesting

houstcs
houstcs

This feels more smooth than Amen, but I haven't worn that it a while. Anywho, great scent even though I'm not too keen on sweets. Maybe I would like Amen more as it sounds like the patchouli would compensate the sweets a bit? I'm not really a fan of things that smell like desserts.

sum888er
sum888er

after testing for some months I definitely can say that is not clone or even similar to Amen T Mugler. like millions of consumers I use to wear Amen for years. I was very curious to find out my self if kilian made a copy of Amen. the only same note between then is caramel in the opening. the dry downs are very different. Amen performs mostly with caramel or chocolate. intoxicated after the 5 first moments projects more coffee. But not the typical coffe note that everyone can imagine. Turkish coffee smells different than the usual. it's more green and like vegetables note.
the result is something sweet but greeny too. the balance is typically Kilian. classy and moderate. people are surprised on the smell but I'm not sure they like it. they also never ask if I wear Amen since its soooo well known to everyone.
intoxicated is interesting for winter but I am not sure If I would buy a full bottle. Turkish coffee is a coffee that you like a lot or not at all.

spoombung
spoombung

Reminded me straight away of Mugler A*Men which I find unpleasant at the best of times.

An expensive clone.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Il nome giusto di questo profumo : "Cinquanta sfumature di caffè".
La stessa nota, riscaldata da cardamomo e cannella, con il tempo tende a stemperare e a schiarire ma rimane unica vera protagonista.
Il profumo è bello nella sua semplicità aromatica.
Profumo "da mattina", ovviamente da aspergere sui polsi prima del caffè della colazione...
Trovo più sexy e serale Cafè Rose Tom Ford, pomeridiano Black Opium YSL, caffè fioriti, rosati più suadenti.
Profumo unisex, gradevole.
Buona persistenza, non superiore alle quattro ore comunque..

Germany
Germany

Aromatic , spicy , vanilla and coffee ,,,, love that one , love cadamon and nutmeg as well as coffee and cinnamon so combine these notes it's a big LOVE for me also smells of vanilla when these heavenly notes are combined and intoxicated is a fitting name if you love those types of notes like I do. I also get a dark chocolate vibe !

However I am still not sure if I should get this for the love of the smell ,,,because I honestly don't know how this smells on me ,,, too masculine ? Maybe ... Too much of a good thing ? I don't know. This fragrance is one of those smells you love smelling , all day long ,,,but maybe not wear them. ,,,, I haven decided.

A little like Bonds new Harlem which I was crazy about, but yet it was too masculine on me I believe it had too much spice for me.

Bbjr

The dry downs between A men and Intoxicated are completely different. Top notes are similar but that's it. Intoxicated stays pretty much linear with the coffee and tobacco where A men goes to the feminine side and gets much sweeter, and sour as well. just my opinion

calyx93
calyx93

pointless, overpriced copy of a long-existing fragrance. killian hennesy should be completely ashamed.

ArkangeL

2nd Review: I was overtaken by how much Intoxicated reminded me of Angel A*Men, but if you can get beyond reminiscence, Intoxicated becomes far more than just a copy of a mainstream designer fragrance. It evolves into a very suave, sophisticated and alluring fragrance. Almost gourmand, but more so a creamy to velvety structure. Let's not kid ourselves, A*Men is not what it used to be. Clarins has rewritten Thierry Mugler. I'm now considering adding this fragrance to my collection.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I do not smell coffee in this fragrance at all, just spices, smokiness and something a bit sweet. It's not bad, but there is nothing that makes me want to buy it either. The final drydown after about 7 hours smelled like Tauer's L'Air du Desert Morocain on my skin- strange. Tauer's fragrances are about $100 less than By Kilian and they are better so I won't be investing in this one.

ArkangeL

There are two things that bother me about this fragrance. The first is that, not only does it mirror Angel A*Men but it is an improved formula. Smoother, and lacking the notorious mystery tar note. The 2nd thing that bothers me, is that I love it. The fact that I own A*Men Pure Coffee and previously A*Men classic, distances me from a future purchase of Intoxicated. If there were a 3rd thing that bothers me, it would be someone asking me if I'm wearing Angel A*Men after spending $270.

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

A very expensive (although nice) version (almost a copy) of A-Men by Thierry Mugler. Still, it is weaker and without that interesting "kick" that A-Man has. I definitely prefer A-Man: it is stronger, much more refined and interesting and it was created years ago.

feelhot
feelhot

Strange: I didn't know Kilian and was off because of word of mouth telling about Kilian vodka or brandy fragrances, which I am not a fan. Then I discovered Harrod's butique with Kilian's fragrances and I tried some fragrances, even I am not into ouds only.

It was some experience-tabac fragrance in some better then Dior Portofino, some fragrances like might be with Nasomatto -wow-there is something. Ouds liked me and I liked them. I had INTOXICATED onto me and on a card, cannot talk anything, was speachless, tears in my eyes. It was not make me crazy like years ago Rocabar by Hermes BUT it makes me so happy, so addicted to it, it was not cooking nutmeg and cinnamon, it was spices together, cinnamon hot lust with nutmeg pleasure and not ordinary nutmeg but something much more. Kilian makes me intoxicated with love to this fragrance, simply cannot resist it. You can feel sometimes it is just you, head over hills and happiness together, coffee later on, but spiced enriched with love and some worm of the forrest and breath of Indian Jungle, love which hugs your heart and make you feel in love and alive again.

It has nothing to do with A*Men at all for me.

ps. and I do not like these bottles, I like luxurious bottles on 6th floor of Harrods, but this was a fragrance which was worthy to fall in love with.
ps. nr2: I am not rich, but this is just pathetic calling bad some fragrance because it is expensive. Expensive-fine-too much-fine-not buying it-no need, but there is no need for hate or bullying and telling stupid story. So what-too expensive for me but I love it! That's my right!

lafindesiecle
lafindesiecle

Smells like a pumpkin spice latte to me, and generally I like spicy gourmand fragrances. Full and rich and definitely lingers but this ones a hard no for me. Pass.

muzzbait

i'm not that keen on this either...

the spicey cardamom and bitter coffee strikes a HORRID accord, it reminds me of this turgid, cheap 'frankincense' oil i once bought. this cheap frank oil was so fake/diluted that it smelt like the worst aspects of frankincense. that's what 'intoxicated' smells like. i can small the individual components, but together they JUST don't work.

off to wash this off my wrist now. yuck.

Oudy
Oudy

I don't care for this one very much. My fiancé told me it smells like a richer version of John Paul Gaultiers le male. Either way, to me it just smells like stale coffee that's been in the cup and gone cold. Sweetened perhaps, but still...

Scent 3/10
Projection 7/10
Fortitude 7/10

Erok32
Erok32

Softer, more refined A*men. It's great, but...

lt114
lt114

Nothing to see here. This is almost an exact copy of A*Men without equivilant performance. Just buy A*Men and you can easily skip this one.

I'm not surprised that I arrive at this page and there's already a flurry of comparisons to A*Men. The young lady at the Kilian counter didn't know what to make of me as I reeled off notes and comparisons to A*Men Pure Coffee. She was Like 'Ahhhh yes this does contain Bolivian coffee beans...' or something like that?
Well I have to say when it settles the coffee is more realistic and well rendered even than that of Pure Coffee and you'd expect that. To me though the whole accord just rings with that complex patchouli/caramel vibe with very little difference.
The differences that are slight to me were a dry woody scent and some pepper which sets it enough apart from Thierry Mugler not to be a straight up copy. Couple that with the very nice coffee dominant opening and no out of place notes like in the original A*Men you've got effectively an up scale version.
The drydown is apologetically, exactly the same as A*Men or Pure Malt or something and pretty long lasting too.
Hey I love A*Men and I can't knock the smell of this but you'd have to be very rich and very ignorant of Mugler's creation to even give this the time of day.

Manny44
Manny44

The first couple hours are "upscale Amen", or "refined and streamlined Amen". The drydown does have a very appealing soapiness that feels almost like Orange Blossom to me. Its impossible to talk about By Killian without talking about the concept of luxury pricing. I hate that you need a background in economics to disuss the perfumes in this house but how can you not? I cant help but vent my spleen on luxury premium pricing and "built-in exclusivity" and the ridiculous arguments about $100 glasses of water , I'll just say that in the realm of jacked-up priced fragrances, this is an especially flagrant offense. $300 for 50mls? Of this? This isn't for perfume lovers, its for bored 1 percenters looking for ways to use up their money.

Bodda89
Bodda89

I didn't smell intoxicated but as i trust the opinions on fragrantica and as its mentioned that this is almost a dead ringer to A*men i will never think about even ordering a sample but there is something annoying about people and i wanted to mention,
Although i think by Killian is very overpriced but i would never call them fraudsters or call their products a scam simply because if i offer you a cup of tap water for $200 and you willingly bought after my acknowledgment of the fact that this is tap water just bottled fancly then its not scam in the end the gentlemen of by kilian didn't threat to rape your mother and sister if you don't buy the product you just happened to surrender to their charm.

MissCupcake1624
MissCupcake1624

At first, I thought this was nice. The coffee, and all the spices, were great in the opening. Too manly for me, but wanted Mr. Cupcake to try it for him, as I may have liked it better on him. Once the dry down came, it was a completely different fragrance. It no longer smelt of coffee & spices, but more of the way your hands smell after they have finished drying after washing them with bar soap, not hand wash. It is very plain. There is nothing special about this fragrance. Maybe it will last longer than the smell of dry soap on your hands??

deadidol
deadidol

A coffee note that's colored by a slew of herbs and spices dominates the opening of this scent. The coffee isn’t overly strong, but smells a little bit too realistic for fragrance, and it’s placed against something that smells a little like a pine bathroom spray. The herbs and spices are (thankfully) tame, and a cinnamon note is well behaved to round things out. Strangely, there a note in there that’s green and slightly soapy which, when juxtaposed against to the gourmand aspects, is unnerving. Although I’d argue that it’s more wearable than anything Mugler has done, this smells laughably close to A*Men—a scent that truly turns my stomach anytime I smell it. This is no different in that respect, but I’d argue that it’s more tastefully rendered overall in that it doesn’t smash you over the head. Despite this, to me it’s just as foul and nauseating as A*Men.

aphexacid
aphexacid

What the hell? This smells exactly like A*Men without the stale urine.

Not much else to say!

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

At the opening I already feel the coffee as the main note, but with the aroma of coffee, I feel a smell that bothers me a bit, I do not know what it really is, but I believe that is not the spices, or perhaps a combination all together.

After about 15 minutes the smell what bother me will fade gradually, but then I can smell the spices next to coffee, especially cinnamon, here, for me, comes from a more sweet than spicy way.

since last few hours, I feel so creamy coffee, the softest cinnamon, and also feel a green and dry aroma in the background, which is probably a combination of cardamom and nutmeg.

It's an interesting combination, lasts a long time on the skin, however, I feel as if there are two overlapping odors, coffee and spices, and not like a single aroma, like a coffee enriched with spices.

But yes it is very good.

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

I am going to have to agree and say this is Angel Men all the way. I was happy to have By Kilian send me a sample of all the new releases but I feel this one is my favorite. The one thing I will say is that I can definitely smell the quality in this scent. That being said, I feel this is a lighter version of TM A*Men. I would give this fragrance a rating of a 6 out of 10. I say that because for about $45 online, you can purchase A*Men and just go light on the trigger and you are left with an almost identical product. So if you can afford to drop $270, I would not rule this out due to presentation and quality but for a fraction of the price, I will save my money.

Q80
Q80

oh yes it is Angle Man, the really old one, the one without that metallic bottle. it is a soapy A*Man, lighter and sexier. the drier it goes the soapier it becomes. the soapy note rises little by little making it truly intoxicated to the receiver.

beware: the top note is a huge drawback and it tricks.

seekritdude
seekritdude

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I didnt know the names of what was what when I recently tried out all 3. But immediately on paper I knew intoxicated must be the A*men one. Because on paper they do smell similar.

On skin though the difference is much more apparent and its more of its own scent. I was shocked by how much this reminded me of coffee. So many times coffee fragrances dont make me think of coffee at all actually. But this one definitely did. Its a very spicey, sorta thick, chocolatey(although not really a mocha smell per say), coffee. I suppose since its in the notes lets call it a nutmeg coffee sorta vibe. I feel it actually smells like something exactly however I cant place the flavor or what it is off hand. But when I do ill update.

Anyway this probably preformed the best for me out of the newest 3 from their line. However that being said although not a overpowering by any means in projection. I did feel the mix was a little much for me personally. Something was just off and I felt like if I took to much in it made me a little sick feeling. So I would be careful to wear you spray.

This is probably I think what Pure coffee should have been. Granted pure coffee has its own place I guess. For me thats a actually wearable A*men. Where as this is really a coffee scent to me with some A*men in it.

Whatever the case although I did enjoy the smell, its not quite the coffee scent im looking for. And ultimately its to much money for what it is I think thats going against it. But props for a coffee scent actually reminding me of that sorta vibe of drinking coffee and relaxing, or getting ready for the day. So many coffee scents are just blah for me. And I have to "look" for the coffee and many times its just a note at best. But this does achieve the "vibe" at least, but just not quite the right flavor for me.

becuille
becuille

This is a very rich, beautiful fragrance. The coffee is the star of the show, and it's deep, dark and rich. I could swear I get hints of rose too, but apparently there's none in it, so it's probably just me.

The cinnamon and nutmeg are lovely and remain fairly subtle.

This isn't the most easy to wear fragrance. It's very rich, fairly bitter and a whole lot of coffee. It's not something I could imagine myself wearing every day, but it is so beautifully intriguing that I'm definitely considering a full bottle.

I've never smelled A Men, so I can't comment on the similarities.

Absolutely do not blind buy this. You're going to need to wear it several times to get an idea of whether or not you want it. I smelled it on card first of all and had a very negative reaction to it. The description alone sounded off putting to me. But upon wearing it, I started to fall in love.

Fairly soft sillage (although not a skin scent) and I got around 7 hours longevity.

muzzbait

at first, i'm taken by how 'high' the frankincense is. it's unbelievably high-pitched and quite overbearing. i can detect other notes in there somewhere, but they are drowned out. the cheery minty-freshness of frankincense is gone, this is the extreme version of it. almost unpleasant...

EDIT: well, i'm surprised to see that coffee is the main ingredient, my nose is quite off. anyway, it's just too potent for mine. maybe in smaller quantities it wears better, but as of now it's just too high...

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

I only tested briefly on card, but my initial impression was not good. It smells overwhelmingly like thick shea butter and bitter coffee. Quite suffocating and sickly.

Didn't want to try it on my skin.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

As soon as I sprayed this on my wrist and lifted this to my nose, I knew I had smelled this before. I just knew we had danced before but I could not think of what. It was on the tip of my tongue and I sniffed again and again and it came to me little by little. The tar, the vanilla, the pinch of coffee, that stroooooonnnng tar note! Then, it hit me! ANGEL! Yup, that is what this is! ANGEL! Then, I sniffed again. No, not angel.....something close to it! ANGEL MEN! DING, DING, DING! A*MEN! After that initial blast of tar this becomes a soft vanilla, hint of coffee and tar fading in the background. If I were a millionaire, not just in my mind, I would have both. Since I am not even a THOUSANDAIRE I will have to stick with my A*Men bottle. When that first million crosses over the manifested reality barrior, I will hit up Saks Fifth Avenue and this baby is coming with me! :)

Bbjr

Yea, this smells like A Men. Until you spray them both side by side. At that point the difference is so noticeable as to make them completely different. And thank god. A Men is way too cloying whereas Intoxicated is simply divine. Yes there is a coffee smell but the nutmeg and cinnamon make this much deeper and sweeter than A Men and the drydown is one of the best. And it lasts just as long as the original A Men. Great job by Kilian.

timmd75
timmd75

Very fitting name for the fragrance as for it, it is quite intoxicating. Lots of spice in the opening with coffee and cardamon. There is definitely something sweet, almost a caramel or cocoa. Very warm, very spicy....very intriguing, I find myself sniffing my wrist over and over. The blend of the notes works wonderfully for me. I ordered a bottle as soon as I got home as smelling it on the drive from the Saks to my house was all I needed to convince me. By far the best of the new three for me. Well done!

freakypirate
freakypirate

Review from a spray sample:

Opens with nutmeg and cinnamon, earthy but also with a very sweet base. Almost fruity. Then the coffee and cardamom become more apparent. There's still something very sweet in there though. It becomes green and even a bit lemony. The drydown is woody and sweet, with hints of nutmeg and a bit of cinnamon. Not enough coffee for my taste! Just very sweet and that gets a bit cloying for me.

prodigy
prodigy

Detected the coffee in the beginning and had a chuckle at all this Amen comparison babbling. Sniffed my wrist a few minutes later, lo and behold I smelled Amen. Drydown smells exactly like it. Oh well. Not going to own both so I guess Amen has to go.

ularewolf
ularewolf

This is better than AMen, plain and simple. Only for a while do they smell alike, then Intoxicated delves in an aromatic fragrance with fougere elements. An amazing scent that will find its way into my collection soon enough!

vasjan
vasjan

A*Man for 8x the price..(yes 8x). I guess the bottle is a lil prettier :).