Designers » B » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

tobacco
honey
Light My Fire By Kilian for women and men Pictures

Light My Fire by By Kilian is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Light My Fire was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Sidonie Lancesseur. The fragrance features cumin, hay, patchouli, vetiver, honey, vanila and tobacco.

Cumin Hay Patchouli Vetiver Honey Vanila Tobacco

Vetiver

Honey

Vanilla

Tobacco Leaves

"The Time To Hesitate Is Through No Time To Wallow In The Mire Come On We Can Only Lose And Our Love Become A Funeral Pyre, Come on Baby Light My Fire" -

The Doors Light My Fire

This frag is classified as a unisex fragrance and sure it is. If you're a gal that has enough experience wearing different perfumes including fragrances that really smell more like men's colognes, this is for us.

Light My Fire has a sweet honey and vanilla which smell like Dr Pepper or a malt, or root beer. I can see how some people can identify this scent as a root beer or Dr. Pepper soda but for me it's merely a delicious honeyed booze. The masculine side of this fragrance comes in the form of smoky tobacco leaves. If you're a guy who enjoys tobacco scents in colognes this is what you get here. It's a tobacco leaf.

This also has hay and cumin which gives this a spiciness. For me the patchouli is what brings everything together. Green aromatic patchouli which has the smokiness as well as herbal body. The hay note is also matching up with the patchouli.

So if you like what I've described, and you're into unisex tobacco scents, and would enjoy the additional ingredients of vanilla and honey, this is a sheer delight. I've enjoyed so many of the Kilian fragrances. It's worth splurging on. They are very unique and well composed fragrances with something for everyone. They feel mature and complex, and always give you something to think about and visualize. This makes me think of a rustic cottage where men are smoking tobacco and drinking a honey scented alcohol. It's not exactly Stetson by Coty but a more expensive version of it with stronger patchouli. It would suit a country boy or country gal, cowboy, cowgirl, Texan or someone who would even go as far as to wear a perfume while camping in the woods. It's a scent that would smell good next to a campfire.

Come on baby light my fire!

sarabx5
sarabx5

Very Nice and smooth fragrance, but unfortunately it has a very poor longivity. Not a good deal for it's price.

landshark321
landshark321

Light My Fire By Kilian strikes the odd balance of calling to mind the spicy, smoky ignition of a fire while simultaneously being a bright, sweet tobacco scent in its own right. I get some of the green notes mainly at the top, and it settles into more of a sweet tobacco in the heart and dry down. I don't get a strictly vanilla sweetness, which makes sense, with honey as a listed note. The spiciness is a combination of the patchouli, vetiver, and most all, cumin. An interesting mix for sure, as it's unoffensive in that's neither too spicy nor too herby/vegetable-like. A nice balance is struck among he various accords.

This isn't a top performer, being moderate in terms of projection and longevity, and thus more difficult to fathom at the typical By Kilian price ($260 for 50ml). Still, an interesting scent and interpretation of sweet tobacco genre.

7 out of 10

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Great high quality juice and bottle..it's a special perfume.Just buy it. Just buy it...smells expensive...One of the best scents out there. Projection and longevity is superb

arya1900
arya1900

یه عطر تنباکویی ناامید کننده با بوی گس
واسه ی من که سریع دلم رو زد و حتی سمپلی هم که خریده بودم رو به یکی از دوستان دادم!!
توصیفش سخته .. توی ذهن من مثل تنباکوی روشنی هست که آب روی اون ریخته شده! یا شایدم تو مایه های خاکستر توتون توی زیر سیگاری
تعجب میکنم چرا آکورد اصلی این عطر شیرین درج شده ؛ عطرهایی مثل توباکو وانیل، شرگی یا بک تو بلک رو خیلی واضح میشه تشخیص داد که اساساً شیرین هستن
اما این یکی مثل این قهوه‌های اسپرسوی که اگه هم واسه شیرین کردنش تلاشی کرده باشن با اضافه کردن نت عسل، اما اون شیرینی مورد نظر رو نداره آخر!
یه جورایی مثه عطر
Straight to Heaven
از همین برند می‌مونه که اینجا حس تنباکویی بهش اضافه شده
قیمت زیبای این عطر هم که دیگه چیزی راجع بش نگیم بهتره

krisrawk
krisrawk

I received the "addictive state of mind" trial size trio ( By accident, I was sent the wrong one when I made my order) but tried them anyways…..I had never heard of designer Kilian. I sprayed this on me last night and I was thinking hm, that's interesting, I can smell the unique blends of spices and within an hour BAM! All that was left on me was the HONEY and VANILLA notes…..I happen to hate almost every fragrance with VANILLA in it…I automatically feel like I"m wearing frosting…..now don't get me wrong, it smells like an exquisite HONEY and VANILLA……So as this scent is beginning to annoy me, I look up Kilian and his fragrances….OMG!!!! 170-270$$$$ NO WAY did I expect that for the way this smells…….not good for me folks….

SchopenhauersNose
SchopenhauersNose

Light My Fire is a unisex fragrance from By Kilian released in 2014. The nose behind it is Sidonie Lancesseur who has done about half a dozen fragrances for Kilian, and also was the nose behind Lumiere Blanche by Olfactive Studios.

I always like to read some of the advertising material around a fragrance, especially when you can tell that the nose is a real artist and took real, true inspiration from the words. (Unfortunately, I find the ad material on the designer end a little too sex-drugs-and-rock-and-roll-ish for my tastes.) Niche advert releases seem to really have pushed the nose in a unique direction. Here’s the description of Light My Fire: “Cigar leaves languorously unrolled and fantastically reconstructed to run smoke rings around the imagination, and the soft blue veil of the vapor musing on the loved one’s face to paraphrase Rudyard Kipling, imperial poet and aficionado of Cuban cigar smokes.”

According to Fragrantica, the list of important notes is fairly sparse: cumin, hay, patchouli, vetiver, honey, vanilla, and tobacco. I think I pick up at least one or two other things (see below).

Right off the top, you get a very, very sweet blast of honey and vanilla that reminds me of the fizz of a freshly opened soda. If you’re familiar with your synthetic aromachemicals, it smells like a heady dose of piperonal (a.k.a. heliotropin), which can often give the same sugary effect. In fact, someone on Fragrantica said that the opening smells like a Dr. Pepper, and I can definitely see where they’re coming from. However, as time wears on, the sweetness dies down a bit, and I’m left with a soft, spicy honeyed vetiver and tobacco accords. There also might be a ever-so-slight smokiness in the background. There frankly should be, considering this is one of the three fragrances from the “Addictive States of Mind” collection, which claims that it is “composed around narcotic smokes.” I’ve also tried “Intoxicated” from the same collection, and was let down when I didn’t even catch the faintest whiff of anything smoky or earthy. On my skin, it continues to develop almost as a soft, barely sweet leather. I really enjoyed it once the vanilla and/or honey and/or heliotropin begin to go away so you can get smell all the darker notes that I personally enjoy more.

The longevity is just fine, with probably 6-7 hours on my skin and moderate projection. The problem with this fragrance, and I really do think that things like this should get more attention, is that the price is simply scandalous. The SRP for Light My Fire is $270 – for 50 ml. I’m sorry, but no. Just no. I realize they probably spare no expense in the composition, but wouldn’t it make more sense to charge half that and reach a market that’s more than twice as big, thereby increasing your profit margin? I certainly didn’t major in business, and I have no idea how much By Kilian makes in profit from a single bottle, but considering you can by a 50 ml. refill for merely $170, I’m guessing it’s quite a bit. I know this is a luxury product and not everyone is meant to afford it … but there comes a point to where things start to get ridiculous. Simply because of the price, I would never, ever purchase a full bottle. Which is a shame, because it’s a lovely scent.

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

I love this frag. The hay is pronounced in the opening.
I love the smell, very pleasant. I do not think original though as I have smelled others high end, and low end that have similar notes. Something about this one takes me back to the 1990's fasion. Not sure why.

caylemoore56
caylemoore56

On me this opens with an initial "Dr. Pepper" type smell, like that fresh blast of scent you get when you first pop the top on one, then very quickly fades into a scent reminiscent of chewing tobacco which then stays pretty linear throughout the life of the fragrance.

Rio Cappuccino
Rio Cappuccino

Just did a first impression on this on YouTube channel good stuff for sure.

$$
$$

smells like a toned down dior leather oud.

archivist
archivist

Dehydrated Chergui. Seriously. If you dessicated and thoroughly dried out Chergui and then powdered it, this is probably what it would smell like.

houstcs
houstcs

I get the hay, honey and spice. Wishing for more patchouli to make this a little more interesting and dark. Overall, I do not know what it is, but the smell is super interesting. I really have not smelled much close to this, but I do wish I did not have to shake my shirt to get a good smell of it. Little weak, but I use two sprays to chest/neck line.

sum888er
sum888er

masculin smell but way too week. sillage is so poor.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Un semplice accordo tabacco/fieno erbaceo maschile che rapidamente schiarisce e impallidisce.
Il profumo è piuttosto debole, il titolo è altisonante e pretestuoso. Un profumo che tende a spegnersi e non ad accendere. Dopo pochi minuti il tabacco trasforma la nota erbacea in una vaniglia tiepida, taciturna e generica, neutra.
Dopo un'ora, dissolto.
Ricorda un po' Blamage Nasomatto.
Del trio Addictive, per me il più convincente resta Intoxicated, anche se, purtroppo, anche il suo incantesimo intossicante è di breve durata...

arnefag
arnefag

The most accessible in this trio from Kilian. Quite masculine, somewhat animalistic, the cumin note is close to sweaty which I find interesting. Sexual connotations to me... Reminds me of H.O.T. Always from Bond NYC and Al Oudh fra L´Artisan Parfumeur. Definitely a scent that will grow on me in time!

Update: And it did grow on me, now I´m looking forward to my next opportunity to visit a By Kilian store, this is the next one I´ll buy from this house. I only own 6 By Kilian bottles already; Apple Brandy, Single Malt, Straight from Heaven, Smoke for the Soul, Extreme Oud and Pure Oud... Still my favorite brand, even after they have refused to ship to me here in Norway...

nsquared
nsquared

Hay! Honey!

Then the dry down smells like a strange green powder. And I hate powder. Kilian, if you're going to keep me interested in your house you need to stop with the powder in everything. Same thing happened with Back to Black. While I -like- (not love) Back to Black, it's the baby powder smell in the dry down that also ruins it for me.

For a much better hay/honey at a much more sane price, try Chergui by Serge Lutens.

Somehwere bewteen a *masculine* Lutens and one of those latest woody-orientals by Lubin in the golden bottles. If you like hay, tobacco, patchouli and honey notes it smells good but it lacks character. Again, another one you could try to smell blind and I'm positive you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from countless other similarly themed fragrances.

Nice but redundant.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

Oudy
Oudy

The best of the new lineup of three from prodigious perfumery by kilian. I have a love/hate (well, I wouldn't say hate...more mild dislike) thing with kilian insofar as I love his fumes, but hate the prices and generally speaking, the performance that you get for said prices.

That being said, this one is an above average entry for the house in performance. It floats around you in a smokey/sweet halo for several hours and projects nicely. Leaves a trail that even Hansel and Gretel could folllow. Rich honeyed tobacco sitting on oven warmed hay and an almost marzipan like flavor that floods the head with every sniff. I wouldn't spend the money on this for a full bottle, though, and will just have to have a brief love affair with my 7.5 ml sample.

Scent 8/10
Projection 7/10
Fortitude 7/10

muzzbait

this is a nice tobacco scent by kilian (don't really see the alure of 'back to black'). the sweet tobacco and honey waft through the air together to strike a nice sweet mix. the hay adds to it a little, though it's a little too green. only get a few scant glances of cumin. everything else is quite mute. i think this scent would do better if there was a deep and dark resin in the mix, maybe a smoldering benzoin, or labdenum or something like that. it's nice, don't get me wrong, just not quite amazing...

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Imagine giving three among the nicest masculines by Lutens - Fumerie Turque, Borneo 1834 and Chergui – to your 8 years old nephew asking him to make a Frankenstein hybrid out of them. This is Light my fire. It has them all: hay, tobacco, honey, vanilla, a lot of patchouli, the zesty-salty touch of vetiver. It’s nice, pleasant, warm and sophisticated. And costs almost like the three Lutens together. With a quite remarkable – negative – difference as regards of quality, as it quickly becomes a saggy, unsubstantial, plain blend mostly centered on patchouli and vetiver which just an earthy sweet-smoky feel, and an annoying synthetic aftertaste. On the drydown it also recalls Jovoy’s Private Label a bit, mostly for the same way vetiver is treated here – that same dark “inky” and oily kind of note with hay-earthy nuances. That’s it, uncreativity at its best lasting like a fart. Meh...

5,5-6/10

At last one of these 'Addictive state of mind' collection that doesn't heavily resemble another fragrance.
Intoxicated - Nuanced upmarket A*Men/Pure Coffee.
Smoke for the soul - subtly modified KINSKI.

To me with Light my fire I can see the back to black, Chergui and Lanvin Avant garde but this is different enough to all of them to be it's own thing.
I really like the fact the honey isn't over done the opening is slightly sweet with it but the hay note and tobacco are full bodied enough to offset that. The cumin in here is not everyone's cup of tea but luckily I love it and again, when balanced against vanilla the spicing is perfect.
I did wear it on my skin and it smelled good lasting fairly well but I also sprayed it on a card to remind me of the scent several days later and it has a very faint woody/tobacco/cumin smell now.
All in all this is a good perfume and perhaps by default my favourite.
Still the performance leaves a bit to be desired considering the premium price.

deadidol
deadidol

By far the most wearable and appealing of this trio. This is a boozy, smoky affair with a pronounced cumin that never gets too sweaty. What dominates the scent is a vanilla and honey combination that sits politely against the tobacco and the herbs. This isn’t a Back to Black style honey though; it’s quite sheer and watery and fits the scent like a glove. It does, however, get sickly sweet after it starts to transition. It reminds me a little of Chergui, but Chergui is much more characterful and, frankly, far superior. Having said that, this is a perfectly cordial, ultra-safe fragrance that’ll be a smart business move for the company due to its mass appeal. Hilariously sweet, largely redundant with zero adventure, but that’s what sells these days. The "least terrible" of the “addictive” trio.

aphexacid
aphexacid

Something here reminds me of a mens bathroom urinal. The smell of the urinal cake, and stale urine.

Since intoxicated smells like A*Men without the stale urine note, if you layer it with light my fire, you'll have an exact reproduction of A*Men for only $500!

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

As there is a pyramid here, I feel some notes to alternate, but a few minutes after being sprayed, I feel fine outstanding tobacco, honey, hay and cumin. It's very linear, the scent does not change too much, but I think the highlight of this perfume will all for cumin, which plays a major role good.

For a few moments I caught one chocolatey vibe in it, but go away pretty fast. The cumin assumes forward and leaves the other notes in the background but perceptible in the background, making a dense, well even oriental, warm base and cumin really is the boss here, and it continues for the rest of the fragrance.

If you do not enjoy the smell of cumin, move away from that here. I particularly liked a lot.

Q80
Q80

cumin honey and tobacco pipe, some sprinkled vanilla on top to add some sweet to the spices. it's like vanilla on rancid honey pipe & hay!!! but why cumin? it's like adding a bit unwilling note to a sweet smoky essence! although as a second thought i guess without it it wouldn't be unique. personally i see this as the best among the 3.

Manny44
Manny44

Smelling this from a sample made me pull out Chergui for a direct comparison, Its not even funny how much better Chergui is in every single metric I can think of.
This doesn't even deserve the same shelf space much less 4.5x the price asked. Is By Killian an elaborate prank?

seekritdude
seekritdude

This one is the most lost on me of the new 3 releases. That being said I did find it the most I suppose non linear of the 3 as well.

The fist 15 mins or so is potentially offensive I think. It smells alright from farther away but up close its its not particularly pleasant. Its probably the cumin, but I will say unlike say chergui which I dont really pick out the hay note per say. This I can definitely smell the hay in.

It changes pretty quickly and becomes more sweet, and I get more of what you might think a honey, tobacco, some vanilla sorta vibe.

And then as it enters it final stages well maybe some baby powderish smell. Not that I think it smells like back to black, or chergui in the sense that those are honey tobacco sorta smells and also people say they smell like baby powder. But I guess all the same its a little baby powdery smelling...

Overall not very interesting to me. Pretty much lost on me. Maybe it will grow on me, but ya as it is, pass.

muzzbait

a big burst of hay to start off with, then the honey and tobacco kick in. overall, there's a tinge of green to this that kinda ruins it for me. it's well put together, but just not for me...

harpermae
harpermae

Of the 3 from By Kilian's new line, I like this one the best. It starts with a shot of tobacco, which is a little overpowering, but then quickly mellows into a kind of sweet, mild hay. I detect the honey in there, and maybe a little vetiver, but what I'm left with the most is a mellow, woody, slightly sweet, straw-like goodness. I'd love to have a fb of this; my wee sample will have to do for now.

dbg92
dbg92

My initial impressions of Light My Fire are very good. Right away I get tobacco, which of course, isn't very surprising. It's not quite wet, but it's certainly not bone dry either. I can't attest to how authentic or inauthentic the note is, but to me it's a very pleasant rendition. After a few seconds, just a smidgen of spice is detectable. That has to be the cumin. For me, this didn't last too long. Now what I'm left with is just the tobacco again. It's not sweet at all to my nose, and I'm getting very little honey or vanilla. I can feel the hay in the background though. The scent overall does feel a bit dusty. I've only been wearing it for about ten minutes, so I'll let it develop some more and then return for an updated perspective.

So far my rating is: 3 out of 5 stars, for smell alone.
I feel like this is one that could grow on me.

snowtree
snowtree

Brilliant! Reminds me of Guerlain's exquisite Tonka Imperiale with a little bit of a hay note. Four out of five stars. A must try for tobacco lovers. Slightly masculine fragrance but would love to smell this on a woman. Yum!

freakypirate
freakypirate

Opens with sharp tobacco, hay, vetiver. Very strong and pungent. Then.... CUMIN! Whoa! Nothing but cumin with a pungent base! Had to scrub it off. Does not comply with my skin chemistry! Ambroxan usually does that.. I can still smell it on my skin after scrubbing. I wish they wouldn't put it in every other perfume!

redolent_one
redolent_one

I like some frags by BK like Cruel Intentions & Pure Oud (and have Pure Oud). I got a sample from LuckyScent of this one and liked it at first. I always wear a scent twice (or more) just in case. After the 2nd wearing and really smelling how it developed, I no longer liked it. The middle to drydown to me smelled just like baby wipes, that baby powder smell that I really don't want to smell like. It isn't linear, which is interesting but the problem is that the middle to dry down is baby wipes. It's a bummer because I really liked the top notes and first 15 or so minutes but after about 30 minutes, yuck.
I'll pass on this one.

Evamomma
Evamomma

I have several of By Kilian perfumes,mostly the woody scents. If you like Cruel Intentions, Straight to Heaven or Incense Oud, I would imagine this would be a winner for you. I am not a perfume expert, but I like this scent from beginning to end. Sometimes, I have to wait for the middle notes in each of my By Kilian scents before I love the smell, but this one is easy to love in all stages. To me, it is a dry scent and can be worn day or night. On me, it lasts 5 to 6 hours on my skin and a couple hours longer on my clothes. The compliments I receive include, " you smell great but I do not recognize the scent " or " your perfume smells slightly masculine but great on you" or " You smell expensive!" This is definitely a fall/winter scent. It is worth sampling.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Light My Fire (same song title by The Doors.) Light My Fire is a sweet, resinous, smoky scent. The honey & tobacco blend well & gives it a powdery "Back to Black" feel, also the vetiver is surrounding the composition to give it a herbal/smoky touch which makes for a sweet/smoky scent. This is great for night time use & for intimate moments. Sexy is the one word that came to mind when I sniffed this. I'm satisfied with this juice and over all makes for a special delight. This is one of my favorite Kilian's in a long time, perhaps my third favorite after "Back to Black" & "Straight to Heaven." Good stuff. The only down side to this is the body that it comes in, I feel as though the new bottles are not as detailed as the older Kilian bottles but in regards to the juice... It was love at first sniff.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about By Kilian Light My Fire fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about By Kilian Light My Fire, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Light My Fire by By Kilian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Light My Fire by By Kilian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.