Designers » B » Oriental « Groups

Love by Kilian By Kilian for women
dislike

I have it: 452 I had it: 113 I want it: 514 My signature: 11

caramel
Love by Kilian By Kilian for women Pictures Love by Kilian By Kilian for women Pictures Love by Kilian By Kilian for women Pictures Love by Kilian By Kilian for women Pictures Love by Kilian By Kilian for women Pictures Love by Kilian By Kilian for women Pictures

Love by Kilian by By Kilian is a Oriental fragrance for women. Love by Kilian was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Calice Becker. Top notes are neroli, bergamot, pink pepper and coriander; middle notes are iris, jasmine, rose, honeysuckle and orange blossom; base notes are musk, vanilla, civet, caramel, sugar and labdanum.

Neroli Bergamot Pink Pepper Coriander

iris Jasmine Rose Honeysuckle Orange Blossom

Musk Vanilla Civet Caramel Sugar Labdanum

Le Plus Beau Jour de Ma Vie

Love by Kilian Fragrance Reviews

Soofiya
Soofiya

As a gourmand lover I was very eager to try love by Kilian,I expected it to be a supersweet,gooey caramel scent,also very complex.I received my sample today and it's nothing to do with my imaginations
Love by Kilian is sweet but not very syrupy thick sweetness,most dominant notes on my skin are a musky vanilla,a hint of sugar with soft powdery sweetness and creamy white florals,to be more specific,mostly orange flower
There's nothing animalic here,not to my nose and I'm very happy about this,I was afraid of a dirty scent with thick,cloying sweetness but it's kind of fluffy sweet and has a clean feeling ( but not a clean smell).it's very pretty and easy to love.it's delicious without being totally foody and edible.to be honest first I thought it's too simple so I'm never going to spend that much on it,but then I saw that I can't stop smelling my wrist.it's one of the best sweet scents I've ever smelled .it's charming,cozy and very addictive,I can't believe that I've already used half of my tiny sample.I know that I need a full bottle of it ASAP
As it dries down ⬇ can pick up caramel,but just a hint of it,and it becomes warmer and more creamy.there's nothing sharp or cloying here,it's very balanced. love it in all it's life time and it's very longlasting but sillage doesn't seem to be more than moderate
Welcome to my wishlist pretty pricey babe
❤❤❤❤❤
P.s: why it's compared with body fantasies cotton candy is beyond me. That one is all about sugary sweet strawberries.sharp and syntethic!

x_perfumecrazy_x
x_perfumecrazy_x

Wth is this? Horrible. Smells worse than a kids cough bottle. THANK GOD i sampled first

GustaveTheNose
GustaveTheNose

I tried this one today and to me it's a clean soft smell, it's heavy on certain notes that keep projecting throughout; these notes are of orange blossom, vanilla, caramel, and honeysuckle, the last one smells amazing actually and, combined with orange blossom gives a very clean classy vibe to it. This is like walking in a Mediterranean garden of flowers, add to that a good portion of sweet vanilla. Thank God I can't smell any civet-like scent as mentioned in the notes breakdown, adding an animalistic scent to this would ruin it completely IMO.

I think I might be the only man reviewing this here.

Von Freckle
Von Freckle

Sugary, syrupy jasmine. Just teetering on the edge of sickly for me, but not quite going over the edge. Something yummy keeps wafting around me but I feel on the whole this is only a like and not as the name would suggest, love.

paneradfisk
paneradfisk

Sweet and savory, deep and even slightly animalic wheat-vanilla with prominent white flowers - sugary crystallized jasmine petals and orange blossom, giving this cake batter like scent a citrusy sweetness as well. I'm used to seeing orange-caramel combinations in perfumes, but the jasmine keeps this gourmand more unique and a bit more refined instead of tooth achingly sweet and typical. I think it's very warm and lovely, but my experience says gourmands doesn't need to cost this much to smell this way. In the end, it's about whether a scent is unique and captivating enough to justify the price. For a lower price, this would without doubt be a Love. If you're ready to pay much for perfume, this is not the best of by Kilian and he has much more interesting offerings.

ptilda
ptilda

How is jasmine not voted the top note on this? It is at the head out of the gate, and never quite goes away.

So I have this sensation of super strong (Lush Lust sort of) jasmine with a bunch of sugary sweets. It is on the verge of headache-inducing (or past that verge if I wore it a long time). There's no development to my nose. It really smells like something I might find in a celebrity scent. I'm very disappointed as I've anticipated testing this one for quite some time.

Ladypfefer
Ladypfefer

This perfume is my guilty pleasure. It is my first ever premium perfume and I adore it's Lolita charm. It is very sweet but the longevity is amazing (it has withstood a many of my clubbing nights) and it projects well.

Monkeys
Monkeys

Oh! At first this is one sweet, very sweet little beast! I mean a “Kids wash your teeth”, cavity inducing, loved by dentists one! And you better love it too or you will be stuck with it for a long time! Because it lasts and lasts.

As a man I don't find it masculine enough to suit me and my personality. But if you do, great!

When I spray Love by Kilian on, my nose is hit by a warm caramelized mix of very thick, loud, pink and orange bubble gum and cotton candy with all of their “chemical” smells. Welcome to the funfair!

As the opening settles down the very sweet candies stay but allow us more to get the full range of this fragrance. There's actually a spicy, syrupy orange with a lightly smoky amber hidden in the middle.

It's later joined by civet, appearing with its sharper, unclean and honeyed leathery touch giving a more sour counterpart to the sugary bomb. It gets more noticeable as time goes on. Also florals, mainly jasmine (And iris) which depending on how it's distilled can also have an animalic vibe. This incorporates a depraved, dirty twist and some character to the fragrance. (Which can keep it unisex enough for some men to wear it I guess).

Love by Kilian is the respectable, fun “girly-girl” woman, who loves very sweet/gourmand perfumes but who also embraces her wilder and sluttier alter-ego.

Chelsea1605
Chelsea1605

An absolute bubblegummy marshmallowy explosion. Longevity is fantastic. If you like super sweet scents then this is the one.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Love By Kilian

Top Notes Neroli, bergamot, pink pepper coriander

Middle Notes Iris, jasmine, rose, honeysuckle orange blossom

Base Notes musk, vanilla, civet, caramel, sugar labdanum

A fragrance for lovers whether you're male or female and love being in love. This is gorgeous spicy floral scent. Love opens with a citrus the bergamot orange and neroli, not too citrusy however, just enough citrus. The pink pepper spice note really stands out at the first stage of the top notes and their performance. The second stage of the performance is very nice and floral with rose, a powdery rose, some iris, jasmine and honeysuckle. Very sweet flowery smell. The vanilla in the base note is the strongest and it's also filled with delicious caramel and sugar which sort of smells like caramel candy. It's very easy to wear. It's a beautiful fragrance to wear on dates or day time formal events - a fancy lunch or tea party. It's very nice, very perfumy and one of the Kilian fragrances I keep wearing more than others.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Love Love by Kilian. This is a modern take on a classic floral fragrance. Which one? It kind of smells like a tribute to all of them - Quelques Fleurs, No. 5, No. 22, Arpege L'air du Temps and White Shoulders. It has a vintage quality. The opening is a citrusy neroli very refereshing. There is a scent of bergamot orange as well. The flowers are gorgeous and very lady like: powdery iris, rose, and white jasmine. There is also orange blossom and a succulent honeysuckle. The pepper note is also really jumping out at me. The vanilla and caramel give it a gourmand's delight. It's full bodied long lasting and a really amazing perfume. It can easily pass for a Chanel. Classy luxurious floral fragrance. I wear this as a date night formal evening perfume. I always get compliments on it. Thank you Kilian.

smellagent
smellagent

I sprayed this this morning then stuck my neck in my husbands face and asked him what he thought. He said I smelled like the state fair. ha. I said I hope you don't think I smell like a corn dog. we kind of laughed and he said no you smell like cotton candy and those caramel apples. I am not sure I completely agree but it is super sweet. I just think there is something else going on in this frag that makes it a little more special than a "cotton candy" frag. I think it is the orange blossom. It adds a little brightness. The vanilla is the sweetest vanilla on the planet imo. Anyway I love it.

Salvas
Salvas

The color of the juice is what strike me first. It's orange, very orange. I hope that this will not change your clothes in that color. By Killian fragrances are very expensive for a reason. It smells rish, it smells heavy and people will find you everywhere you are just by following the scent trail. It's a "love it" or "hate it". If this fragrance suits your personnality, you will shine, but if it doesn't, people will find you aweful. As with all "By Kilian" fragrances, the name is sadly just a marketing name to attract people.
"Love" by Kilian is a strange love. I smell a medicinal and sirupy guimauve. It's heavy and mature but gourmand in a childish way. It can appeal to a 30+ woman, she is mature but has to express at the same time, something simple and childish. "Divin Enfant" by Etat Libre d'Orange would be the more girly version of it.

The "By Kilian" perfumes are done to be as rich and heavy as in the good old days of perfumery but with a contemporary touch. It's a good idea and it finally came to my mind that the olfactory culture where you live plays a role here. If you are in an occidental country, where we like soft and gourmand scent, you could find By Killian's too heavy whereas if you live in a more oriental country it will smell fine because culturally, fragrances are good when they are done this way :)

miletas89
miletas89

BUBBLEGUM!!! Beautiful, glorious bubblegum.

Alteratively, the best neroli I've ever smelled.

ghostie77
ghostie77

Initially, I loved Love by Killian. It is insanely sweet - think chocolate and candy-floss. I'm a gourmand lover, and I thought nothing could be too sweet for me. When I first wore this juice, I happily bathed in the super-sweet wafts and I really dug the animalistic quality in the dry-down. I thought it had an amazingly sexual edge - a dirty, slutty bite to the sweetness. It made me think of a woman on heat, and it was kind of sexy...

Then my husband ruined it all. He gagged when he got close, his face truly went grey. When I crossly asked him to explain WHY he should recoil from such a mouth-watering scent, he eventually explained that it was just plain old yucky sweet. Not 'nice' sweet like a baking cake, or vanilla icecream, just that it smelt 'of all things sweet, and no one particular thing at the same time.' He said it was a headache inducing mess of EVERYTHING in the world that was sweet just lumped together and turned synthetic. And even worse, underneath it all, he could smell 'rotting corpse'.

Once I got over the hurt of it all, (one does take it personally when one's perfume is disrespected; dis my perfume, dis me) I kinda took his point. The sweetness IS synthetic and overbearing, like cheap perfume sprayed on to hide the odour of poo. Because that's all I can smell now he pointed it out to me. Poo. Not a sexy, musky, animal smell, but straight up sh*t beneath the cloying sweetness.

Still, a bit of me is still strangely drawn to it. And if he ever pees me off, and I don't feel like a cuddle I know what perfume I'll be reaching for...

Rerik
Rerik

Love by Kilian reminded me instantly of pink bubblegum from childhood. The bubblegum stays all the way, but gets a little smokie as the hours pass. 90 % feminine smell.
Because of the little transformation, the scent can get very cloying, imagine the smell of bubblegums (synthetic sweetness) for hours around your nose.

Narkus
Narkus

LOVE the dry down on this! At first I thought it was too sweet for me-- got samples. Longevity is amazing! The civet makes this frag IMO. More saving! Crap!

zaetown
zaetown

Holy freakin Moly! Lets cut to the chase here. As you've heard, sweet and marshmallowy but darn good anddelicious. Im a guy and this thing works wonders on my skin.

Initially, I thought it would be too sweet and cloying but it only got better! Didn't make me smell feminine but delicious because of the civet note that lingered at the base which blended heavenly on my skin!

Love "Dont be Shy", i wont be because this flippin thing has me in love with it and my favorite so far from the house of Kilian.

The performance overall was beast, lasted til I washed it off.

9.7/10

lilalina
lilalina

Little bit of a headache perfume for me. Very strong, long lasting too. Sweet but very sickeningly.

Joker888
Joker888

I got some sample of By Kilian. This was my favorite. So lovely and sweet. A real fun maker scent!

psebi101
psebi101

Sugary sweet and aromatic in the opening and the orange blossom here is great, but it's coupled with something I don't like. After two hours in it, the orange blossom aroma is fading and the caramelized note is getting stronger. I get an animalistic feeling the whole time, which is just not working well with the flowers and the caramel and ruins it for me. And although I have seen that men are wearing it also, to me it feels feminine. Good projection.

Ruffienne
Ruffienne

Neroli and orange, and a pervasively sweet opening.
It reminds me a little bit of jaffas (AU) or jaffa cakes (UK)(chocolate and orange confectionary). So there must be considerable vanilla in there, as well some unacknowledged cocoa/chocolate.

It's pleasant and fresh and fantastically sweet, but it borders just slightly on the synthetic (how ironic!), and it also tends to remindly me very slightly of bathroom cleaner.

So with all these secondary impressions of various household products coming through, it's not very likely I would wear this often.

But that's not to say it isn't a well-crafted scent - people without the same olefactory associations could wear this with pride...

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

I have loved, Love by Kilian for 3 years now and it's finally mine!!!
I got my first taste of love from fellow fragrantican museum gal. At that time (I'm not sure her thoughts now) she was excited to finally find a gourmand she liked, and I told her it was the sweetest thing I had ever smelled lol! And I still stand next to that opinion to this day. Love by Kilian to my nose is the sweetest perfume I've ever smelt although Sugar Shack by AlchemicMuse sure did come close.
Sugary orange blossom nectar high concentrated in mountains of caramel, neroli syrup, marshmallows, and more sugar.
There is a nice spicy underbelly adding character, but when it comes to kilian love I think SWEET.
Aside from Love's fabulous, earth shattering, sweet scent, I appreciate the quality of this fragrance. Nothing makes me grumpy like a great smelling fragrance that is poorly made and overpriced. Kilian's $160 refill kit (50 mL for me!) was a bit of a bullet to gnaw on, but I've got to say I love that their fragrance is THICK. Potent, amazing lasting power, heavy silage, moderate projection. All I need is one spray from the black tester bottle I became very well acquainted to from all my trips to Saks 5th Ave (for the intent of spraying and walking away, I'm that kind of jerk). One trip I went with my boyfriend and he was surprised to see me spray only once. "Aren't you going to put on anymore?" And I was like "Trust me, this one spray is all I need, I don't want to kill you." And he understood 10 minutes later LOL, but he did say he liked the scent on a side note.
In summary, Kilian Love is an extremely sweet and powerful fragrance. Not for the faint at heart.

Alasse
Alasse

One of the only interpretations of neroli/orange blossom that I can stand. On some this supposedly smells like cotton candy, but I get a lot more nuances. It smells like walking into a Swedish bakery - spicy sweet and heavily gourmand. I find this one needs heat to fully develop so spray it on the neck for fullest effect. Overall, Love By Kilian has great lasting power and projection, it is an inviting scent that literally "draws you in" - probably due to the subtle presence of civet.

DashaRayOfLight
DashaRayOfLight

I am absolutely in love with this scent! But that didn't happen at first sniff, not even at the second or third... I got a few sample at the Kilian perfume counter back in December. Was not impressed with any of them, however when it came to Love I kept coming back to it, to sniff it again and again on my wrist. I felt it was too sweet and put it away.... I forgot all about it until about a week ago ( it's March now) but then something made me want to revisit it one more time and so when I sprayed it on me this time, it was instant magic, instant love. It is sweet but it is deliciously sweet! Nowadays there are many perfumes on the market that smell of sugar and caramel, lots, but this one is above them all, honestly. It's sweetness doesn't give you headache, doesn't make you want to take a shower to rinse off the scent. It's the kind of aroma that you want to use when you want to feel cosy and warm. That's how I feel about it.
However, I can also see why it's been added to it 'don't be shy'. It is a bold fragrance indeed. It does not go unnoticed. It's confident, should belong to a woman who knows what she wants.
Basically, I love it!!!!!! :)

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

Have you ever suck the skin of the red grape? Sweet, honey kinda, fruity. There are so much more inside of Love but most prominent feeling to me is that I talked above. Like it :)

oktober
oktober

this is no better than any other caramel perfume out there. Not worth the money.

katmitchell
katmitchell

So much neroli, it overwhelmes he whole composition. Sugar, vanilla, and neroli
As I barely can stand any neroli at all, this is a big miss to me

Hedgehog_0828
Hedgehog_0828

I recently got a sample of this piece of worderfully created gourmand of notes and even when it is presented as a women fragrance I love it. Trust some other's comments and mine this should be profiled as a women/men fragrance. It beggins by letting sweet notes of vanilla and caramel not overly sweet and then as the fumes flow it remains sweet with touches of musk and fur i would dare saying. I got complements from both viewpoints feminine and masculine and I'm definitely getting a bottle of this juice.

As of January 2015. I bought this wonderful gourmand and I'm wordless speechless, I finally have my beauty in a bottle. This is really a masterpiece. That caramelized sweetness makes anybody who is around ask what is that jummy vanilla in the air.

Noirdesire
Noirdesire

This is an exquisite perfume. Sweet, seductive, sexual...everything that I want from a fragrance. It is modern, expensive and yes people will ask you what you are wearing. Very sexy and my boyfriend goes wild when I wear it to bed.

dsty
dsty

After all the glowing reviews I've been writing lately, it's a bit ironic that the first one in a long while that I don't like, let alone love, should be this LOVE. But it's also a bit of a relief: I realize I haven't gone into some kind of craze where I love everything after all, I've just been picking most of my samples right, and my sneaking suspicion that I'm letting myself be convinced by high prices and exclusivity alone turns out to be wrong as well. Because this one is very expensive, obviously high quality, and I really, really don't like it.

There is something about this scent that is almost degenerate, the overpowering sweetness combined with the powerful animalic note is almost physically upsetting to me. I love sweet notes and it's rare for me to think something is too sweet, but this one definitely crossed that distant line for me. Don't get me wrong, I get what the other reviewers are saying, there IS something very nice in there, but it's hidden so deep under layer upon layer of queasy animalic sweetness that it's ruined for me. I'm really not into animalic notes and I seem to be getting a lot more of them than some other reviewers, so that might be the problem.

Lana148
Lana148

Sophisticated version of a "pink" fragrance. Big like from a first sniff for me. This is so fun and delicious, yet feels upscale and darkened-up. For those days when you feel girly and flirtatious. It almost smells to me, like there is some cherry tacked away somewhere in a mix.

With that said, I am allergic to very synthetic fragrances and this creation made me sneeze a lot, so I had to wash it off asap. I try a lot of fragrances, and this happens very seldom. So no quality ingredients here for the asking price.

The mix also, literally, feels dense and sticky. The part of the wrist where I sprayed the fragrance was oily and sticky, colored dark burgundy color. Not that impressive.

Hellita
Hellita

WOW, this is pure bubblegum on my skin! A sweet & sour pink juicy bubblegum. Some kind of Hubba Bubba. I like it, it's different. Good balance between sweet, sour and bitter. The only thing holding me back is the quirky sour civet note that never disappeared but lasted me throughout. That one note makes the whole scent a bit outlandish to me, hence I'm not able to love it but I can stretch it to a like and be happy with that (I got a tiny sample size)!

Longevity is superb! Sillage I wouldn't know to much about as I only sprayed my wrist, but I'm sure the people behind by Kilian has done their job properly.

Karema
Karema

My mom bought me this as a gift, at first I don't like the top notes as the sweetness is kind of peppery to me. But after 30 minutes, the pepper's gone and voila: sugar, no spice and everything nice is smelled. However, a guy in my class said that I smelled like a mosquito repellent 3

Germany
Germany

SWEET and ANIMALISTIC

Like comfort food. I crave it at certain times , like a treat, its wonderful.
This perfum has amazing staying power , it's very unique and smells nothing like mainstream sweet scents.
Due to the Chivet , musk as well as the coriander this is unique and special to me unlike other sweet fragrances this is one of a kind , sweet and animalistic with its muskiness and fecal Chivet notes,,,,The Labdanum in here combined with the just mentioned notes carries me into another world. Sexy, musky and wild.

Kilian LOVE is like a Fantasy !

Estebanz
Estebanz

When I read & watch people's reviews on Gourmand Fragrances I always notice terms such as "sexy, playful & mouth watering" but I've never heard anyone mentioning "refined", why?...simply because it's very hard and I would even dare to say almost impossible to create such a thing as a refined Gourmand.
But as with everything else in life, there is always an exception.
Today's exception is a part of By Kilian L'Oeuvre Noire Collection and it goes by the name of "LOVE" don't be Shy.
Created by master perfumer Calice Becker and launched in 2007 as part of the BLACK MASTERPIECES COLLECTION.
This is one of the very few Sweet Gourmand Fragrances that can combine refinement and sophistication with delicious and eatable, this composition not only smells irresistible and mouth watering as white sugar and caramel melting in from of your eyes but it has a regal,opulent & imperial aroma at the same time.
The smell of "LOVE don't be shy" by Kilian is one of a kind, one in a Million, it goes beyond sexy and playful, wearing this fragrance feels like being transported to a magical land. The blend of intoxicating Sweet Caramel & Vanilla with the delicate olfactive smell of Iris and the Narcotic aroma of jasmine surrounded by the bright freshness of Neroli,bergamot and Orange Blossom is what I will describe in my own words as the smell of "FALLING DEEP IN LOVE FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME".

dianacreole
dianacreole

This is seriously sweet. You have to be really committed to your gourmands to enjoy this one. It was too much for me, but I believe it would be delicious on the right person. It is sophisticated and complex. You can smell the quality from miles away and you would because the sillage is THAT strong.

I believe this would be worth the $$ because of the complexity, longevity and sillage.

Mokokos
Mokokos

This is not just for the ladies. I like the rugged Back to Black but this frageance has a lot going for it for men who like gourmand, goody fragrances. Love is light and airy. The sweetness of marshmallow is true, more like confectioners sugar. On me it is more of a skin scent, clean and simply delicious and a little naughty vibe to it. It grows on you and you can be confident in wearing it. It will set you apart from the everyday common fragrances. I would compare it to a men's version of Candy by Prada, but Love is much more sophisticated and mellow.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

To my nose, Love is a sweetish, resinous, caramelised and spicy amber scent, with a sort of "culinary" side soon becoming a bit sickening - I don't see it in the composition but besides the marshmallow stuff, I clearly smell also a warm, spicy, resinous but "salty" and brownish accord of stuff resembling to saffron or curry (perhaps it's red pepper and coriander), with a resinous warmth underneath. So overall, all quite heavy at the beginning. I admit though that there is some creative use of sweet notes, a nice interplay between caramel, dry and dusty vanilla and this sort of non-sweet resinous-spicy accord, but still for a while it's really hard for me to simply smell it for longer than a bunch of seconds. It's just too much. It's like a good song played with a too-loud distorted amplifier. After one hour or so, it becomes a bit softer and more tolerable, still quite sweet and dry, some spices vanish and it remains more on the vanilla-amber caramel side. Not particularly more pleasant than before, but at least more bearable. I won't say it's bad, but it's basically a dull gourmand with a really loud and a bit clumsy start. At that price... meh.

gvalentinotti

No doubt is a sweet and gourmand fragrance. The first time I tried it I found it very strong and disgusting because of caramel. At the end I appreciate it in Christmas time or for a very romantic and feminine night.

annija8
annija8

To me, this one seems very similar to Lust by Lush (a much cheaper alternative). They have a similar composition with jasmine and vanilla being the two most powerful notes I can pick up.
Love by Kilian is a bit more complex though. It is not as strong, annoying even, as Lust. I like them both, but I can see how they could be far too sweet for most people.

KIZILBAY
KIZILBAY

Kilian’ın sunumu, şişesi, yolculuk seti vb. çalışmalarının son derece başarılı olduğunu Back to Black yorumumda yazmıştım. Bu nedenle aynı konuya tekrar girmek istemiyorum. Burada eklemem gereken kadınlar için hazırlanan seride parfüm şişesinin içine girdiği son derece şık çantalarının olduğu. Açıkcası bir aksesuar olarak kadınların çok beğeneceğini düşünüyorum.

Parfüm e gelince; Back to Black için iyi şeyler yazamamıştım. Ancak Love başarılı bir şeker-çiçek karışımı olmuş. İlk 5-10 dakikada gösterdiği etkileyicilik 1 saat içinde belirli bir seviyeye gerilese de, ortalamanın üstünde bir etki yaratıyor. Son derece şık bir kadın fotoğrafı sunuyor. Kesinlikle spor giyim ve 25 yaş altı için uygun değil. Eğer 25 yaş altı bir bayan kullanırsa yaratacağı fotoğraf bence topuklu ayakkabı ile yürüyemeyen bir genç kız olacaktır. Oysa bu parfüm son derece emin adımlarla yürüyen, kendinden emin, 35 yaş üstü bir kadını işaret ediyor. Bu parfümde çılğınlık yok, kararsızlık yok, tedirginlik yok, dalgalanma yok.
Kilian’ın Back to Black parfümünü 1 ay kadar kullandıktan sonra marka ile ilgili oldukça negatif bir algı oluşmuştu bende. Ancak Love biraz haksızlık yaptığımı gösterdi.

Koku : 7/10
Şişe-Tasarım-Paket: 9/10
Kalıcılık : 7/10
Koku dağılımı : 6/10

butterbean
butterbean

Love......LOVE!

Something about LOVE kept me coming back -- so I ended up buying.

Love is a very sweet sugar gourmand.

It is a day at the carnival, standing between a cotton candy machine and the churro stand. Candied orange blossom then coated in caramelized sugar, wafting in the air. But there is a note in this that grounds the fragrance. It holds it back from sending it up the typical scent of mass teenager sweet flag pole. It dries to a creamy vanilla marshmallow heaven. It is a grown up sweet, truly a love.

Like the reviewer stated below - over applied it looses the beauty and can be a bit cloying (maybe that pesky civet note?) The fragrance has some serious, and I mean SERIOUS longevity.

I see myself wearing this more in the fall/winter.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Love by Kilian is a very gourmand scent so much so it can get a bit cloying if overapplied, personally I love it but only use it in cool weather.It's a gourmand with a twist because it has civet in it and the only florals I detect are jasmine and rose because it's so sweet nothing stands out.
To appreciate Love you really must like sweet and gourmand fragrances

dmoman
dmoman

This one reminds me of another By Kilian...Sweet Redemption. The difference between the two is that this one right here is more closer and not as off putting. This one is a bit more sweeter than the other but not by that much as Sweet Redemption is very sweet too but that one projects a lot farther and it attacks your nose. This one however has a marshmellow scent BUT...at times came of smelling like cotton candy (as super sweet frags can do) and I can't stand that one bit but if any house can bring me to smelling like cotton candy it's this one right here, because there isn't anything synthetic about this fragrance. If you are a guy that don't like sweet/femme fragrances stay away. I find this one more suited for women (as it is marketed towards women) but I prefer this over Sweet Redemtion. I'd say this one is for romantic people.

seekritdude
seekritdude

I was really excited to try this one because of the marshmallow supposed vibe. Till now I havnt really found anything I like. Albeit as a man perhaps that stands to reason. And as it is, for me personally the best fragrance with a "marshmallow" smell is rochas man.... ON PAPER. Once you let that dry down a bit its really great if your looking for that kind of smell. Unfortuantaely on my skin of course it does not come off that way. But I digress..

Now for this what I get on paper is pretty much what I get on my skin. I get a pink fluffy candy sorta marshmallow. At times it leans more towards the side of being bubble gumish, at times a little more fluroide toothpaste. The one comparison I dont get that its been compared to is ice cream. I get none of that.

Unfortunately for me this is about all I get. Not much change what so ever. And to nitpick a bit, as I said this is a pink fluffy sorta candy marshmallow. Not exactly the same kind of smell to me that is a "real" marshmallow. Something you heat up, get googy and sticky and make a s'more with. Which is disapointing because that warm delicious straight sorta marshmallow smell is what I would have perfered. At times I got hints of that warmness, but at the same time that could also be the civet mixing creating that a bit more. But this is when the scent is in its final dying hour(s)so its lost....

Speaking of the civet, thankfully, I did not get it unless I looked for it. And its very well possible I only got it because I was fearful of it, and perhaps a bit of a placebo effect. But even saying that it was nothing that threw me off.

Personally I didnt find this too sweet at all, however that being said this is absoluately BLASTED off my skin for the first 2 hours. Bang for your buck id say this is great, because a little goes a long ways. After that 2 hours or so it dries down considerably, but longevity is still good.

Is it deffintely better than D&G pour femme for me, as that is waaaaaaay to sickenly sweet. This is obviously way more feminine than masculine, and I think this would smell really good on a girl depending skin chemistry.. But I think you could pull it off as a dude if your confident. At the end of the day though this isnt the marshmallow im looking for so its hard to justify buying this as im still hoping for better things.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Nice but nothing more, and this does not justify a price so high. For a frivolous and jaunty night.

penguin1010
penguin1010

I love "Love!" On me it was definitely sweet, but the fruity notes stood out much more strongly than the sweet/marshmallow notes. The fruity notes also lasted longer than the marshmallow. So for me it never reached the point of being sickeningly sweet. Also, it is very long-lasting on me. The sales clerk at Saks gave me two samples...I may consider buying this fb when those run out!

pigletia
pigletia

It is very sweet - I am not usually a fan of ultra-sweet and this is borderline for me. It has some spicy notes and a really interesting marine undertone, which make it interesting, but I am not sure I would wear it again. The sillage is moderate and it lasts a long time - I have worn it all day and it has not dissipated but a little.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

A very innocent perfume. Like being caught up in the frothy skirts of Glinda, the Wizard Of Oz's Good Witch of The South's frothy candyfloss skirts and transported to the Lollipop Guild's Headquarters. It's a bit TOO innocent to conjure up even first love, unless that love is of the pre-pubescent kind which is sealed not with a kiss, but with an exchange of jazzies sweets for a fistful of those candy pink shrimps. I bought a set of smallies of Kilian Love for my (then) teenage daughter, who is rather partial to wafting around in a cloud of confectionery based haze, as I couldn't get away with it, being old, grizzled and long in the tooth, and the perfume attaching to whatever receptors in my nose are given to interpreting the heady scent of "sugar puff wee". So, from a more distant, witness perspective, I detect a small whirlwind of vanilla sugar, jasmine and rose, with the merest undertone of white musk. I think Be Never 2 Busy Too B Beautiful did this so much better with their "Keep It Fluffy" which, as we all know, is no more, due to the musk therein being on the "must not use because this is very naughty" list. More's the pity. It hangs around, and is still detectable the morning after the night before, and lends a pleasant haze to the bathroom for hours after it has been sprayed upon the personage, seeming to get very sassy and flirtatious when exposed to steam. It's nice. For the young, as a gift, I would buy, without hesitation. For myself, no.

becuille
becuille

So, so sweet. I enjoy sweet perfumes, but this one is just too much for me. On first wearing, I couldn't pick out anything but marshmallow. I was tempted to wash it off immediately because the sweetness was so cloying to my nose, but I gave it time. A couple of hours later, the civet came through. Now, I don't want to blame this on the perfume itself because my skin has a hard time with civet, but this... how do I put this politely? Ok, I can't, it smelled like pee. Aside from an occasional and very subtle whiff of caramel, marshmallow and civet are the only 2 notes I ever get from this.
I ended up giving my sample to my 13 year old daughter and it's lovely on her. I think the sweetness of this works well on a teenage girl. But at the price and her age, she certainly won't be getting a full size bottle!
this one just isn't for me. Aside from teenage girls, I'm really not sure who it's for.

lalaps
lalaps

A pretty, pink marshmallow. Yum!

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

It does have the similar marshmallow fragrance that D&G Pour Femme has, but I would not say that it smells identical. The reviewer that said it smelled close to kids pink bubble gum is very spot on.

To me it smells like chewing pink bubble gum and walking through a garden of jasmine and orange blossom. It starts of very sweet, but as it warms the florals slowly start to blossom and emerge. So fresh and innocent, but romantic and sophisticated all at the same time. LOVE THIS!!!!!!

Unfortunately the longevity on this does not last as long as I would like. Granted I sprayed this on about 8 hours ago and can still "slightly" smell it, but any sillage was lost after 2 hours. Now the only way you can smell it is if your nose is right on the skin. Unlike some Bond No. 9 fragrances I love, I can justify their price because of the great longevity and how long the sillage lasts. Love by Kilian is not one of those perfumes. Maybe if I can find it on discount somewhere :)

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Whoever first compared this to Froot Loops was absolutely spot on. It smells like the super sugary bits that you get at the bottom of the box, the ones that make for the best bowl. It's that "Froot Loops" note that's reminiscent of marshmallow. It may be blasphemous, but I actually think Dolce & Gabanna's Pour Femme Intense does a better (and cheaper), more grounded marshmallow.

I have to say, as again has already been said, that it's hard to differentiate notes in this perfume the same way it's hard to pick out flavor in a dessert that's overly sweet.

Don't get me wrong, it's very nice, but it's a little tongue-in-cheek. Less "True" Love than "Puppy" Love. I smell rainbows and butterflies and Saturday morning cartoons.

Not everyone can pull off such a relentlessly sweet fragrance and it would have to be applied with caution to avoid suffocating the people around you, but the same can be said of more traditional perfumes.

I'll have to give my sample a few more trial runs to be sure, but I don't think Love is going to be a love for me, just an interested like. There are other super sweet fragrances out there that are more interesting and surprising.

minif
minif

I think wright now it became toooooo popular i know at least 5 people who constantly using it.I had it,it's lovely.Flowery sweety notes staying all day .(smells for me a bit like white tea too).But it became too commercial .So don't think i will go back to it.(

gvalentinotti

It is a very rich and generous scent, romantic and sweet. I would say extremely sweet. On my skin is likely to be a bit tedious and boring, because of the excessive persistence of the base notes consisting of sugar, caramel and vanilla. Too much.
I agree it is too expensive and you my find something similar very cheaper.

bootsincollege
bootsincollege

It is marshmallow. I read it the kilian web page. I thought everyone was speaking of the flower musk mallow. My bad.
But whatever it is, it is a beautiful scent.

pilarrl
pilarrl

I sampled this and I loved it on the blotter. I tried it on myself and I cannot get over the marshmallow smell that overpowers every other note. In addition, it is quite sweet(which is fine, but this is a bit too sweet) and on me sits close to the skin. So for the price of this perfume, definitely a must try on the skin.

naapio
naapio

I don't generally like sweet gourmands and especially vanilla overload turns my stomach, so I was shocked to learn that I absolutely love Love by Kilian.

Jasmine! Rose! Fruity musk! Marshmallows!

Love is juicy and fruity at the same time. Sure it's sweet but it has captured the brigt fruityness of a citrus meringue pie that doesn't leave me feeling ill. The jasmine, rose and fruity musk are also very noticeable in the background and turn the fragrance into something wearable instead of just foody.

keedon
keedon

Starts off like Xerjoff Lira, then mellows into Tihota

kkoun
kkoun

Reminds me of Mademoiselle de Piguet Which is much better, deeper and very original.

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

I must agree that Love by Kilian is *intensely* sweet (and this is coming from someone who enjoys and wears Blue Sugar on a regular basis). Other reviewers have mentioned that this scent reminds them of Smarties candies, which can possibly be attributed to the starchy, powdery iris note calling to mind the crumbly and chalky texture of Smarties.

I have a hard time deciding whether Love was composed as sort of an art piece, or an actual wearable fragrance for people. If Calice Becker intended to throw practicality into the wind and create olfactory art, I can appreciate that this fragrance is absolutely overloaded with the kind of sweetness that brings to mind the infatuation stage of love. If this is meant as a wearable fragrance, in some sense I think it is a failure because the vast majority of the population would consider this too sweet for them to ever actually wear.

Even though Love by Kilian is a very extreme scent, it doesn't smell unpleasant, and I like that it makes me think. But would I ever wear it? No.

Guest_Anna1011
Guest_Anna1011

As a rule, the sweeter it is I like it. Food, coffee, perfume. Very rarely do I ever declare something too sweet. This, however, takes the cake. I can't even detect individual notes in this, it's just a conglomeration of sweet. Imagine bath and body works, Victoria's Secret, and the worlds biggest candy store being in one location with all of those smells. That's what this smells like, nothing and everything sweet at the same time. There was a post a while back about the candy called smarties. There really needs to be a note added called smarties because if I had to distinguish a single note in Love, smarties would be it. The longevity is average nothing impressive. Sillage is soft, I made it through the grocery store without any children mistaking me for a walking piece of candy. All in all this is defiantly a try before you buy, as obviously your mileage may very.

ultracat
ultracat

I love By Kilian and was really excited about the notes in Love - so excited that I bought a bottle unsniffed. Sprayed an hour before going out. Gagged slightly at the sweetness, but decided to give it time. Met my boyfriend and the first words out of his mouth were, "You sure are wearing a lot of perfume today!" First time he'd ever complained about my scent. And he's right. This is cloyingly sweet, sugary strong. Blech. Moral: always sample first!

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

Warning, this is not a positive review!

Some time ago when I was checking out Kilian (and eventually purchased the one in my wardrobe, I was also given this one to try. I got around to doing so..

This is VERY SWEET to the point of nausea. This is straight up 10x10^ sugar overload. There is just no way I could ever purchase a bottle, much less stand to have it on my body.

In its favor, you don't have to use a lot to get its point across, and it does last a long time (but that could be because it was a scrubber on me!)

I'm not much on gourmands so if you're in the same boat, steer clear. However If you love gourmands and lots of sugar, this is right up your alley.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Smells like sweet kids bubble gum to me... Don't like it.

Galya
Galya

Really good quality,longevity!I detect a lot of berries here even there are not in piramide.Succulent red berries as strawberry+cranberries.Then i feel a lot of Iris,caramel and sugar.

mjgl
mjgl

Ce parfum est comme une pâtisserie orientale parfumée à la fleur d'oranger. J'en suis amoureuse et gourmande.

demby
demby

AMOR por kilian es una maravilla de fragancia,abre con una fuente de dulzura,seguida de una oleada de vainilla, la fragancia del amor, me gusta por las horas que dura en la piel , quiero la botella mas grande !

meama
meama

165) Sweet overdose
the most expensive marshmallow of the world
An orange flower very greedy, the marshmallow effect guaranteed, powdery, musky, rather nice, but a little too sweet, probably because of vanilla and caramel notes a bit too invasive.
Must I say that the price is exaggerated? this is the price of packaging, the rest of the usual discour on luxury ingredients is the eternal business blah blah lie.
Réminiscence has a similar but much better made perfume, Guimauve (formerly Mi Fa), for half the price.

seboykin
seboykin

I didn't like the scent from the bottle but when I sprayed it on my skin it became the wonderful cotton candy smell. It doesn't last very long but oh my god it smells amazing. Great perfume.

starvega
starvega

This is an orange blossom that settles into a sweet bubblegum, it is really lovely and not too sickly sweet. At first I thought it was straight-up orange, but the more I smell it, the more it evolves into a fragrance I would really like to own. It manages to be sweet but not young-sweet, with a lot of depth.

Thank you lovely Fragrantican for the sample, but my bank balance will not be so thankful soon! :-)

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a very sweet vanilla, but still not overwhelming. Rich, deep, resinous, sensuous vanilla. This is not for the faint hearted or someone who wants a light vanilla. It's very powerful and warm, would be best for winter or very gently used on a summer evening when it's cooler. For all it's sweetness it is very delicately balanced never stepping over the line to being too cloying.

Eneli
Eneli

What a disappointment :-( Smells just like Aquolina's Pink Sugar, which is way to sweet for my age. Perhaps suitable for a 16 year old Barbie. Nothing sophisticated or classy about it. Waste of money..

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

WOW.

This fragrance embodies the ephemeral,dreamy, idyllic, marshmallow, candy cane clouds, escapist and innocent traits of childhood whilst at the same time embodying the sophisticated, classy but socially responsible adulthood that it now finds you in today. The adulthood that helped you afford this fragrance.

It is a marriage of both sweet and serious.
It is the dichotomy of tamed and wild. Girl and Woman.

If you smell it on one day it might seem "sweet and tame", but on another day it can come across as "wild and in-your-face!".It just depends what day you spray it on and how grown up you're feeling at the time.

A SWEET, CONFECTIONARY MASHMALLOW BOMB OF either Childhood or Adulthood.
Depending on what mood you're in and how nostalgic you're feeling.

:) Now let's go and skip in a meadow.

sidewalks
sidewalks

Vanilla and rose. A sweet light-hearted scent. Smells innocent (like the beginning of all love stories). Too bad I'm not a rose fan.

wbp
wbp

I am not a sweet perfumes lover, but this one is really well done. So yummy caramel. I usually can't stand the pink pepper even if it's in very little amount, but this one is really good on the skin. So creamy and rich. Thanks oxiana :) for the sample.

antfarm
antfarm

Love is so sweet it's almost gross. It's a pretty perfume in a cutesy-patootsie kind of way, but it's like trying to sail down a river of sugary pink lemonade with giant marshmallows for rocks. Then bubblegum rains from the sky and you end up covered in goo, smelling like sticky fingerprints on the desk of a preschooler.

Sassy1
Sassy1

If Love is propounded to bring back thoughts of childhood and such, I must have a really selective memory cuz all I smell here is orange blossom/neroli.

That's it! No super sweet, no marshmallow, no vanilla...no stages, no nothin'!

I'm very dissapointed and will buy another $18 bottle of Laura Mercier if I want orange blossom. I won't be spending $100+ for Love by Killian.

lassie172

yummy marshmellow.. reminds me d&g pour femme only this is much better

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Okay, I will admit I am so addicted to fragrance. I don't know why, maybe because they take you to a memory of your past. This fragrance has got to be one of my top ten. It is very sweet, but you don't need a dentist. It is so marshmallow, carmel, sugar syrupy on me. I just adore it. You can tell it is a very expensive parfum! There is no denying that. I just ordered myself another bottle from LS because I was getting low on my other bottle. I would use this everyday if it weren't so dang coin heavy :( I love it. Oh, it's just so good. Takes me back to going into the candy store when I was a kid and getting 1 of those and 2 of those, you could go in and get a whole bag of candy for a quarter :) Oh, happy times! I find that I love and work well with purple flowers and sugar and orange. I don't get the musk or civet on me, but maybe that is what makes it last all day on me. I just adore this! I will always have a bottle of this in my collection! It works in the all four seasons for me, hot/cold.....you name it. I've had compliments on it, and also one lady told me I smelled like a cigar...hum....didn't like that, lol. Give it a try if you can.

Boudyrun
Boudyrun

Wearing my sample of love today. Yes it is sweet, but very pretty. A marshmallow in a bottle. I bit too sweet for me. I prefer Kilian Sweet Redemption. This does have a wonderful lasting power I've had this on for about 8 hours.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Oh wow oh gosh, I wish I have never tried this perfume because now I want it soooo badly. It is heavenly, absolutely yummy and luscious, almost gourmand. It smells sweet, smooth and balanced, almost rounded. The opening reminds me a bit of Tableu Loretta but no smokiness here, however, there is that sweet fruity tuberose, almost bubble gummy scent present, eventhough there is no actual tuberose here. This is most likely achieved by a combination of vanilla, sugar and musk and caramel, resulting in powdery marshmallow-y scent which is nothing like watery D&G. This is almost like the dusting powder used to coat turkish delight or very posh handmade marshmallows. It's very very morish!
The longevity is amazing too...now for the price...well....luckily, By Kilian do sell samples and purse sprays, thank god for that as that's all I can afford.

totaly gorgeous!!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I would think this is more of a gourmand-oriental than a pure oriental. There are so many ways to do a floral-caramel scent, both bad and good. This is a good one. I LIKE Taste of Fragrance Alien but I am close to loving Love by Kilian and even the price is not dissuading me otherwise. It opens like a big Hollywood romance with big bouquets of white flowers, vanilla cupcakes and all sorts of Bon Bons(high quality ones only please). Strangely for me in the dry down or perhaps as an evocation of my personal life currently, I am getting a slightly animalic/faecal undertone behind the sweetness-like the first flush of love disappearing and where the faults start showing up in a relationship. I don't dislike the animalic note ( I am guessing that's where the civet and musk notes come in), it actually makes this more interesting than the regular frivolous and empty candy offerings. More like what real love is like rather than "reel" love. Sillage is enormous and longevity is excellent. Screw sitting on the fence- I love this.

Christy2198
Christy2198

strong marshmellow at first then it the drydown goes vanilla. after the first 30 mins it sits very close to my skin. lovely sample. I may spend the money on a bottle!

Roshap
Roshap

this actually is precisely the type of fragrance i usually hate, but....i'm kind of surprised to say, it's starting to grow on me. definitely gourmand but a little more grown up. maybe a gourmand for people who don't like that genre. i smell orange flower but otherwise i agree with the other reviewer who did not detect any of the floral notes listed above. i was as surprised as she was. aside from a very brief bergamot phase and some orange flower, for me, "love by kilian" is overwhelmingly vanilla, burnt sugar and caramel. i would not classify it as floral or citrus. if some of those notes were more pronounced, it might be quite lovely. sillage and longevity are nice too.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is a very beautiful scent to my nose. The sweetness does not overpower the other elements. Thank you Mr. Hennessey for that little civet note and the bergamot that keeps it from going all gooey and too sweet.

The topnote is pretty heavy neroli, followed by blow you down jasmine and rose that really smells like tuberose to me, so wait for that to calm down before you make a decision on this one. The basenotes are very caramelly but the caramel scent blends to seamlessly with the musk, labdanum and the civet that it doesn't smell gourmandish to me. This is a very lovely, calming fragrance. Makes one happy to smell it, just like being in love! In fact, I love it more each time I wear it.

This scent layers very well with lighter white florals with a bit of neroli and citrus. I find that Hermes Jour d'Hermes is the perfect scent to layer with this Kiian. They contain many of the same floral notes but the Hermes is missing the sugar of the Kilian so it gives a lovely lighter feel and blends so well.

yunvme
yunvme

I adore this fragrance. Perfection. I smell orange blossom, and marshmallow. Perfect. Complex, unlike Prada Candy that I find singularly carmel.

sharkface
sharkface

If you can get through the sugar and sweetness, there's a good composition of floral and citrus smells here, but because of the gigantic, behemoth sugar note, the whole thing smells like Fruity Pebbles to me.

Guest_grgfourtinas
Guest_grgfourtinas

Ok, so after 2 samples of this i am ready to say that this might be THE BEST from the Kilian line up ! It opens up with a blast of jasmine , sugar and orange blossom. Then it gets creamy (caramel) and stasys sweet with a touch of rose. After a cupple of hours the civet appears and gives it a anamalicness ! All in all this is a floral gourmaund that can be wore by both male and female ! Projection and longevity are extremly good ! WoW what a masterpice .......LOVE

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

Its a very nice fragrance! It does smell like asugar nd carmel frag. After a shower, it remains on me now its been several hours.

selinsln
selinsln

love it!! best parfum i have ever smelled, if you want to be both candy and sexy,you should try it

Anisa
Anisa

Orgasm! is all i can say, If you've never had one, just smell this.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

Like very much marshmallow and slightly spicy I'd say it smells a little like Jean Paul Gautier and Hanae Mori mixed. Great longevity. At least 8 hours and siliage is good.

misschic
misschic

I received this as a sample when I bought the Love By Kilian candle. I instantly fell in love. I agree with the previous post that this one is great for those cold winter nights when you just want to cozy up.

icekat
icekat

When the cold weather rolls in, I have an irresistible urge to wear sweet and cozy scents. Love by Kilian is super sweet and could be rightfully called a sugar bomb filled with marshmallows, vanilla and all things sweet. It is fluffy, delicious, and a bit over the top. It reminds me of an enormous, over-decorated wedding cake with creamy frosting and cute cherubs.

There are flowers in this frosted, sugared bouquet but they are so much covered in sweetness that I barely can smell them. However, what I really like about this perfume is how smooth, creamy, and natural smelling it is. I own many overly sweet perfumes including tons of celebrity ones. The main difference between those one and Love by Kilian is the quality. I find that synthetic loudness of many celebrity scents are getting on my nerves, so though I do love perfumes with super sweet personality, I cannot bear to wear most of them. Love by Kilian is a different story. I love wearing it and it lasts for at least 10 hours on me.

Is it worth a hefty price tag? Still not sure. I would have liked to see more complexity in the dry down phase of this scent, something that would make it more dimensional and exciting instead of just a straightforward marshmallow vanilla. But it is still a lovely fragrance to wear and my rating is based on its comparison to other fragrances in this category. Overall score is 7.5/10.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

I received this as a surprise sample, and I'm quite delighted. It is a sweet, deep, fairly linear fragrance that smells really pure to the core. Not a hint of chemical undertones. There are others on the market very similar to this one, but I think Love, Don't Be Shy takes the cake in this genre.

gomt
gomt

It's the smell of vanilla ice cream with hot caramel sauce and lots of marshmallows on top. Now and then there's some neroli and a little musk, but they're rather shy.

Love by Kilian is so sweet it's barely bearable, but it is a pleasant, moodlifting perfume nonetheless. And unlike many sweet perfumes, it doesn't give me a headache.

duncanchelseal
duncanchelseal

I was struggling between this and Nanadebary Bronze yesterday (Yes, I know they are completely different scents) and while I ended up with Bronze, I'll always have a soft spot for this. It smelled so original and unique in the beginning, but ended up just smelling like cotton candy after about two hours. Not groundbreaking, but I love it.

sehaman
sehaman

I love a sweet, caramel-y, candy shop fragrance. This has a quality, non-headachey, thing going on. However, there's a complexity here that I miss. It smells nice. But for the price point, I'd go with something else. Sweet marshmallowiness can be found other places. Like quite a few By Killian scents, this comes off as unoriginal.

rosecat
rosecat

This is so beautiful!! I'm in love! I'm just so upset about the price, too expensive! This would be my ultimate sweet fragrance, it's so playful, perfectly pink, sugary, slightly floral, I smell a tuberose, jasmine, orange blossom combo, delicately placed with a powdery marshmallow fluff. Yes gourmand... But a lot more going on. I would quite easily have this in place of the other "sweet" perfumes in my wardrobe, it's a cut above the rest. I really would love to smell like this all the time...haha!

RSCAL
RSCAL

Sweet and youthful. This smells almost identical to a sun screen lotion I have that smells like orange sherbet. Love by By Killian definitely smells better and more natural. The fragrance is definitely of quality. If I smelled this on a woman I would probably be thinking of orange sherbet instead of her. I do love my sherbet.

Guest_Valleboi_a1a
Guest_Valleboi_a1a

hey guys any one wanna swap this cologne for another by killian or other fragance.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

Remember that pink bubble gum I'm sure most of us used to love as a kid? If you enjoyed that, then this will be your holy grail. Upscale bubble gum. LOL

finzi
finzi

One word - caramel. Smooth, sweet, golden caramel. The vanilla is very prominent, producing the smooth sweetness. I'm trying very hard to pick out a floral note but I can't. My nose isn't very well trained I guess ;)

As with all the By Kilian fragrances I've tried so far, this perfume is nicely put together and not at all headache-inducing, even thought I don't particularly like the scent (it's too sweet for my tastes).

btheo138
btheo138

To me, this scent conjures images of grape popsicles and summer loves. It's sweet,fun, and youthful. For those with more whimsical sensibilities (and a penchant for gourmand fragrances), this scent is for you.

By Kilian LOVE is a ridiculously sweet perfume. Had I tested this one blind, I'm sure that I would have guessed that it was launched by the house of Britney Spears. But no, it's a hoity-toity niche perfume which costs ten times the price of any celebrity scent.

The aesthetic of this composition is reminiscent of the house of Laurence Dumont, specifically the Senteurs Gourmandes collection (which, by the way, also cost a small fraction of this). Very, very sweet. Did I mention that this is sweet? Spun sugar flavored with vanilla is really the take away to my nose.

I cannot really recommend this perfume because, although it does smell natural, from start to finish, it seems too much like a dessert which could very well induce a diabetic coma. I simply cannot think of any good reason for buying LOVE given the panoply of similar fragrances, often associated with celebrities' names, available today.

For those who crave this level of sweetness in a natural-smelling perfume, I highly recommend that you investigate the house of Laurence Dumont.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Hi,
when I applied this to my skin I started to wonder, something I have experienced to be very much similar with this one. And Yess, I found it Laura Mercier Neroli. Its much more friendly with her price and I think LM Neroli gives at my skin same effect.

Fizzy
Fizzy

If you want to smell like marshmallows tinged with caramelized sugar with a hint of vanilla - here you are. Very sweet, without any alcohol smell and getting sweeter and sweeter with the time. I was impressed the first 4 hours, but after 12 hours, even if I am a big lover of sweet perfumes, it developed too sweet for me.
Good quality, no headache or nervousness!

iivanita
iivanita

smells like cheap candy parfume , too sweet...and too expencive!

My darling
My darling

I didn't find any difference in Love by Kilian and Vanille Noire du Mexique La Maison de la Vanille!
There are similarities with Lolita Lempicka L de Lolita Lempicka.

10jflow
10jflow

At these prices, I expect something more than blue and purple swirled cotton candy. There's no fruit listed in the notes, and yet I am getting something distinctly and synthetically 'fruity'. It reminds me very much of those painfully chemical fruit flavours added to candy or Slushees or something. It's vaguely grape-ish. Whatever it is, it's ruining whatever potential for elegance this fragrance might have had. As another reviewer noted, there's much cheaper ways to smell of cotton candy or marshmallows.

Heverton
Heverton

"The devouring passion of an orange blosson powdered with glazed sugar." Yeah Kilian, I think you said almost perfectly how this scent smells.

Love opens up with very sweet with a sugary note mixed with vanilla supported by a slight orange blossom note mixed with a hint, just a hint of iris which disappears in a blink of an eye.

Trough time the vanilla dominates the fragrance leaving a sweet impression which stays until the end in a very pleasant but faded smell.

Love is sweet, but with this particular fragrance, it could kill someone with diabetes.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

It smells like sweet grapes to my nose. I think the references to marshmallow were pretty close to the truth. This is very nice and wearable, more on the feminine side. But it also gave me a "been there, done that" feeling - I've smelled this kind somewhere before. Cute, but not incredible.

Edit: now,I actually find Love delicious, it's still not really my type, but it's lovely, and has very good longevity.

JToronto
JToronto

For me, entirely cotton candy. Pretty enough, not for me though. And I think you can get the effect from other fragrances much less expensively.

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

Being a guy, I was surprised that the Kilian "expert" at the Saks counter wanted me to check this one out. She sprayed it on my left pinky and while I gave her an unsure look she quickly knew why and insisted that this is Unisex (as with all Kilian fragrances), further assuring that her cousins (female and male) use it. While I tend to go for the unisex fragrances anyway and even some female fragrances, I don't know if I'd be confident enough to wear this. It smells good, but this smells just like Aquolina's Pink Sugar in my opinion. I feel weird enough when I wear Blue Sugar which isn't far more masculine than Pink Sugar. I think I'll just settle with the unisex yet more on the feminine side Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian for now until I build enough courage to consider this.

Want a cheaper version of this? Buy Aquolina's Pink Sugar.

Migotka
Migotka

- Grandma- asked the Little Red Riding Hood- why are you so sweet?

- Because I just sprayed Love by Kilian on myself.

Honestly, if Kilian Hennesey would ever like to use this in an ad for this scent, he is more than welcome.

Love (Don't be shy) is a very sweet scent. A marshmallow coated in honey and then in sugar, and in honey again. I have a sweet tooth, but as the scent grows on me, it becomes a bit too much, my teeth start hurting. I am liking it a lot, and it is hard really not to get my nose away from my wrist, it is really intoxicating and addictive. The question is, whether I would like to smell like this for a few hours (very long lasting is Kilians's Love), or would I prefer it as a room spray of some sort.

MaiCecile
MaiCecile

I loved it at first, it was feminine and romantic. But it kept getting sweeter and sweeter until it finally smelled like burnt marshmallow- not exactly classy. It's a no from me.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I agree that there is a very noteable burnt sugar and/or candy floss opening. Because of that, I immediately thought of Flowerbomb.

The heart turned into a super sweet, bubble gum, and syrupy combo of vanilla and florals. This stage I found so sweet, I was tempted to wash it off. I enjoy sweet scents, but not when I feel a headache brewing. And the last thing I was expecting from such a high qulaity fragrance was that...

I held my ground and let it acheive a drydown before I washed it off. The drydown was pleasant vanilla, reminding me of the smell of that powdery substance that covers marmallows. All the way to the end, LOVE was still too sweet for my olfactory.

Personally, I need a little spice with my sweets... Unfortunately, Love didn't have that balance for me. Hence the headache.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Honey, why are you so sweet? Don't cha want to be bad just a little bit, huh?

Well this is such a sweet treat. For a good girl, since there is nothing here that would send you to the confessional. Just goody good delicious innocence!

The neroli appears for a fleeting moment before the vanilla takes control in such a seductive manner. For me, the musk is non existent.

This is perfect for the girly girl who wants to carry off a more mature version of her high school/ college fave frag to be taken a little more seriously, only their significant other knows the whip will never make an appearance! She's sweet to the core!

Kterhark
Kterhark

This opens with burst of burnt sugar, quickly transitioning to a strong, musky vanilla. My mind flashed to Indult's Tihota, my all time favorite of this genre. Yet when I checked the notes for Love I was very suprised to see florals; I don't detect them at all.

Love is a heated, oriental vanilla. There is the slightest steam of marshmallow but it does not overwhelm. Compared to other vanillas I"ve tried, this perculates to the top.

My only problem when wearing: I can't seperate the scent from the memory of meeting Kilian; it was a Saks presentation, and he introduced Love as a skin scent. To stress his point, he stepped forward and embraced an imaginary woman, inhaled deeply, and flashed the audience a salicious smile. The smell of vanilla will never be the same for me.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

My favourite with Kilian.
Forced in sweetness, pralines, several flowers, the rum. Good for lovers Lolita Lempicka,Angel. Pleasant.
Stay all day with delicat praline muss.

Magnificently they are developed. Oriental are , but as gentle, which sedate .A little the sugar the caramel but alternates with the rose, flower of the orange and with something to of soap to elegant. What is the beautiful scent...
I already assemble on him money... :)

lucifera
lucifera

Yummi, i do like Love but its damn close to Micallef's Watch ! go try and you'll notice the similairity
allmost just as sweet! great longetivity though,but for the price... idk

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

A strong trio of cotton candy, civet and cistus start off this odd composition! There’s also orange blossom (probably mostly aurantiol) and a slightly camphorous note. I don’t get the bubble gum, marshmallows, unicorns, care bears, and rainbows that others mention. Most of all, I don’t understand why I seem to be the only person in the world who smells loads of civet in this, more civet than is in many of the perfumes labeled “skanky”.

As the scent dries down, the burnt sugar and cotton candy notes subside, leaving a foody vanilla flavored with orange blossom, cistus and civet up close, but a sugary marshmallow scent in the sillage. Now I see where the marshmallow comes from, although this is certainly not the most prominent feature of the scent. After about 4-5 hours the drydown is mostly good vanilla with a strong white musk, but this phase lasts for a good 12 hours, longer on clothing.

I actually like Love a lot, and don't find it too sweet due to the strong animalic undercurrent at every stage.

Bratka
Bratka

Lovelly. Sweet caramel Warm and yummy. Wonderful in cold, winter days or everytime you need to feel better. That sweeteness makes the endorfins the same way like chocolate.
Jar with caramel.

floof
floof

I got a set of all the original killians a year or two and boy have my tastes changed. Love was hate at first, second and third sniff. Well now I am in love with love! It is like a gourmet european rose, jasmine, bergamot and iris flavored fresh marshmallow with a bit of caramelized sugar. To me this is not a vanilla scent, it is much more complex than that and as a vanilla lover I can honestly say the vanilla note is not strong enough to call it a vanilla, although it is present. Very long lasting like all of kilians scents. FB worthy? Probably will cave eventually if I can get the "refill" 100 ml without packaging. I ended up getting the travel sized version in silver with absolutely no regrets and will consider a FB/100ml refill at some point. In a few short days I have used 1/4 an oz, I LOVE LOVE and douse myself in it. Gourmand and sweet, with a floral touch, intricate and long lasting. Almost makes me feel it was made for me :) It was the choice between love and beyond love, but I got samples of both.
In the store I picked love (travel). After further testing I bought a bottle of BL (travel) and the refill of 100 ml from Luckyscent. I got a FB of Liaisons Dangereuses, and Cruel Intentions was my first Kilian FB purchase. I like Beyond Love more though, so I decanted my Cruel Intentions and rinsed out the bottle and spray and will be using it to house Beyond love.
Beyond Love and Love, its a tough choice which one is better, so tough I picked both. They are neck and neck for me in terms of my adoration. You can get samples free instore at luckyscent or cosbar, or buy samples of any kilian off of luckyscent and perfumedcourt
My experience with kilian has been hate then head over heels in love. The fragrances are very complex and require a lot of testing. More testing than anything else I have ever fallen so hard for.

Kilian has a website that tells you how much of each ingredient is used because they are confident enough to share their recipe knowing it cannot be replicated because of their fine mixers and ingredients. I have never seen a line give away every recipe other than kilian.
its on the bykilian site, you click the perfume of interest, click the perfumers notes and then voila, every amount of every ingredient so you know EXACTLY what you are smelling. Hope this has been helpful.

guest_Katrina
guest_Katrina

If you love the sweet and enveloping smell of vanilla WITHOUT the headache left normally by cheap artificial vanilla scents, then this perfume is for you. It also lasts a long time ( try 16 hours), and can be smelled on your clothes for days. It definitely is a fall/winter scent, as it is way too sweet to wear during warmer weather.

Malegria
Malegria

The reviews are so different that it`s easy to imagine they are all about different scent. However - it`s Killian`s Love!
Kaleidoscopic scent.Gourmand bitter chocolate, with a lots of vanilla. Realized that there`s an overload of the latter, when I understood that it`s the scent of a pure vanilla pod - rechecked with a real one and it confirmed my conclusion.
One of the best vanillas ever!

hapa
hapa

I got cavities just smelling this fragrance, it is THAT sweet. It reminded me of Guerlain's Insolence and gave it to a friend who wears it but even she found it too sweet. It is sharp in its sweetness without any cushioning from the berries, citrus, floral notes that desperately need something to keep them in check. When an eight-year-old in my presence commented on how nice it was, I knew it wasn't.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

Hey that smells like bubblegum and aspirine for children.It has something like artificial strawberry.It is very expensive and doesn't worth it.Although it has a good staying power...

kay_li13
kay_li13

beautiful chocolate vanilla scent :-) but for the price? you're better off with chocolovers or serendipity. it's the same kind of scent.

Flora55
Flora55

I got a sample of this and I really like it - it's very gourmand on my skin but somehow it's not as unrelentingly sweet and cloying as so many foody scents can be; it really strikes a balance between the florals and the vanilla/food notes. I would not purchase this for myself, since something like this is hard to wear if you work in an office, but it's fun and playful and I would not mind having a decant of it for those times when I need a delicious comfort scent on a cold day.

I wanted to smell this fragrance for long time and when I could try it I was disappointed. It`s nor bad, but nothing special either. For such a big price you expect quality and refinement or something that really makes you fall head over heels. Instead this is a nice concoction of sweet and sour ingredients that doesn`t have much glory on my skin and to my nose. Of course it`s always a matter of skin reaction. Love by Kilian doesn`t smell like common mainstream anyway it didn`impress me as a scent and I just skipped Beyond Love and "before Love". Th bottles are stunning and looks incredibly elegant, shining and promising.

guest_safa
guest_safa

i get mandarin at first! it's not mentioned in the notes but i get this soft, sweet mandarin, kind of like a mandarin rind softly wrapped in jasmine & sweet vanilla. the vanilla and jasmine become more pronounced over time. that's about all i get from it on my skin.

i wouldn't say it's for me, but it's ok.

mellybee
mellybee

I had high hopes for this, the notes sounded so likely, the description was hopeful, the bottle was stunning. I expected to smell a classy oriental, but unfortunately Love didn't come up to expectations. All I smelled was - as the others mentioned - a lot of marshmallow. Although I'm disappointed with it overall, the scent itself isn't unpleasant, it is well-balanced, not too sweet,not cloying, but even mouth watering. I just don't feel like smelling marsmallow. At least I don't need to pay a fortune on it. :)

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

Love by Kilan was describe to me by the Kilan specialist at Saks Fifth Avenue as "An inspiration from the Marshmallow...A pure sensual treat".

Marshmallows are one of my guilty pleasures (full of sugar with no healthy benefits). I love the airiness of them, the sugary taste and the childhood memories attached to them.

For the first few hours, it truly reminds me of opening a fresh bag of marshmallows.

As the sweetness softness, slight hints of the floral notes come out.

I have yet to add a Kilan fragrance to my collection for two reasons: (1) no room to display it properly in my collection & (2) a little on the pricey side.

This would have to be a special treat someday. Until then, I can buy a lot of marshmallows fill up my bathtub and imagine myself wearing this scent.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

If I had to come up with two words to describe this, it would be powdery vanilla. It smells delicious, but not in overtly distracting way. I completely agree with Aeternitas...very sweet and innocent fragrance. It lasts for hours...I could still smell it when I went to bed! However, I will say that I don't see this working very well for a more mature woman.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

VERY beautiful! Sweet scent - although I see there aren't any food notes besides vanilla, it smells very gourmand and foody. The vanilla must be the dominant note in Love. I think this perfume is a great portrayal of love. It is romantic, seductive, but pure and sweet. Innocent. Would work its best in wintertime. I very much want this, but again it's too expensive. I have smelled things similar to this that are less pricy.