Designers » B » Oriental Floral « Groups

Playing With The Devil By Kilian for women

Playing With The Devil By Kilian for women
dislike

"White Collection" In The Garden of Good & Evil by the house of By Kilian presents the fourth edition this year, called Playing With The Devil, inspired by forbidden fruit interpreted in modern, imaginative way. The concept of god and evil is recognized in this composition in which on the one side the creator offers sweet, fruity tamed accord sprinkled with insolence and lecherous heat of resin and hot spices.

Composition of Playing with the Devil wins you over at first glance with charm of its zests of litchi, sweet and gently spiced notes of blood orange, black currant and velvety white peach. The sweet fruity start is "shaken" with a spicy blend of pimento and pepper to accentuate the splendor of rose and jasmine flowers in the heart of the composition. The coarser nature is provided to the floral-spicy blend by woody notes of sandalwood, cedar and patchouli that give the depth and darker shades. The composition is again tamed by warm resinous notes of benzoin and smoky tonka, further softened by velvety vanilla. Perfumer who signed the composition is Calice Becker.

Playing with the Devil of the collection of In The Garden of Good and Evil is available in a white flacon with golden color details 50ml EDP and in refill flacon 50ml EDP. Playing With The Devil was launched in 2013.

Blood Orange Black Currant White Peach Litchi

Peche Cardinal

Playing With The Devil Fragrance Reviews

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

It actually didn't take me all that long to place from where I knew this scent--alas, PLAYING WITH THE DEVIL is familiar because it smells exactly like the "Pink Medicine" you had as a kid. A pink bubble-gum looking medicine with a cooling note is what you find in this fragrance.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting that it smells like bubble gum. No, it's the "pink medicine."

Please don't kill this messenger! It's true!

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

By and large, many people, just like myself, were disappointed with the "white bottle" range of Killian's latest offers. This one, however, I felt was a significant improvement to the previous "garden of eden" series that I so desperately wanted to love because of the gorgeous bottles and snake clutch that accompanies - but couldn't, no matter how much I tried. To my nose, playing with the devil is not so much playing with the devil, but playing with sugary, vanilla flavored angels who come at you bearing peaches, blackcurrants and lichees and then wrap you up in vanilla/tonka bean blankets once you eat their delicious fruit. It is ultimately a fruit/vanilla combo. The drydown is the best part, which imparts a very cosy vanilla halo around you - not too dissimilar to that of Mona Orio's Vanille. I wish I had of bought this one instead of the very disappointing city of sin. If you love fruity vanilla combos and have quite a few spare bucks in the back pocket, it could be worth a sniff.

angel57
angel57

One of the sales associates from Saks was generous enough to give me several samples of this sexy fragrance, and I decided to get creative and blend it with another favorite Kilian fragrance of mine, Forbidden Games. Personally, I love the luscious combination of spicy and fruity and it definitely works with my body chemistry. Have already received a few compliments on my "experiment" and am definitely giving both scents a "thumbs up".

ultracat
ultracat

Top notes are really fruity. Lots of peach and citrus and litchi. Sweet, but not bubblegummy. Like a fruity cocktail. Happily, it gets peppery in the drydown. Nice, but a little too fruity to be my thing. To be honest, it's way too similar to In the City of Sin for me. Maybe if I smelled them side by side I'd see a difference, but my first thought after sniffing was, "I've smelled this before". Won't scrub it off, but doubt I'd buy a bottle.

melodysage
melodysage

No unholy gamble for your soul here. Maybe a lively game of crazy eights with the devil played for candy cigarettes and noisy kisses on the cheek.

The top notes open with a juicy burst of fruit, as if gleefully smashed by a hammer, a bit of astringent peach, a spray of lychee nectar, and some musky black currant splattered in your hair.

Alas, such spontaneity is not sustainable, and it soon settles into a mouth-puckering, sour sweet, vaguely rosey, smoky fog, as if one of those candy cigarettes had indeed been lit and is perfuming your room like an incense stick.

This stage reminds me of when a game is done, and you still feel a little giddy, but also nervy, with an encroaching sense of melancholy, looking for the next thing. And the next thing. And the next.

esteban747
esteban747

Fresh, peachy, fruity, bright and feminine. If you like fruity (but not sticky sweet) fragrances, you must try Playing with the devil.
I can detect all the fruits, the peach, cassis, blood orange and lychee. The rose is present but is subtle not overpowering
This is how fruity fragrances should be done. Thumbs up!

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

smells exactly like "Enchanted Forest" but the blackcurrant note isnt as loud. if you want loud blackcurrant buy Enchanted Forest. if you want a more softer blackcurrant note buy this.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

Pre-ordered, review forthcoming :-)

Amazing name though, no?

magdalena.shiu
magdalena.shiu

Bottle is so beautiful, I will buy this just for the look! The perfume is great, even though less unique than other killian frags.

michael.j
michael.j

I got a sample of this from Aedes. I loved the opening. So fresh and fruity. Wish I could wear it but it's a bit too sweet in the dry-down for me. Although it's not my personal style, it is an absolutely gorgeous fragrance.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Bottle looks amazing and so do the notes!!
Hope to test this in the (very) near future.

Playing With The Devil by By Kilian 3.62 out of 5 based on 65 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about By Kilian Playing With The Devil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about By Kilian Playing With The Devil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Playing With The Devil by By Kilian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Playing With The Devil by By Kilian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.