Designers » B » Woody Spicy « Groups

Straight to Heaven By Kilian for men

Straight to Heaven By Kilian for men
dislike

rum
Straight to Heaven By Kilian for men Pictures Straight to Heaven By Kilian for men Pictures Straight to Heaven By Kilian for men Pictures Straight to Heaven By Kilian for men Pictures

Straight to Heaven by By Kilian is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. Straight to Heaven was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Sidonie Lancesseur. The fragrance features musk, jasmine, patchouli, virginia cedar, amber, nutmeg, vanille, rum and dried fruits.

Musk Jasmine Patchouli Virginia Cedar Amber Nutmeg Vanille Rum Dried Fruits

Straight to Heaven Fragrance Reviews

fresher81
fresher81

What a wonderful smelling fragrance. By far it is my favorite from the Kilian line.

C@nn@r
C@nn@r

What an amazing smelling fragrance. I get a seductive boozy, woody, vanilla scent with a bit of dried fruits mixed in. The scent its self is excellently blended and is just unbelievably yummy smelling. I got a small sample of this from Saks and I sprayed it on the back of my wrist. I kept smelling my wrist it was that good! The wood I get is a very natural cedar mixed with rich rum smell. The dried fruit vanilla combo are natural smelling and add a dry sweetness. I love this cologne, I just wish it wasn't so expensive! 1.7oz for $245! That's a lot of money! The biggest problem with Straight to Heaven is the longevity and silage. For this money I could buy Tom Ford which has triple the longevity and double the silage! I found I could only smell this scent for about 30 minutes without sticking my nose up to my wrist. It lasted only about 6 hours. I think it would be perfect for a formal occasion or night out if you want to smell sophisticated, classy, and rich!

Silage: 3/10
Versatility: 6/10
Overall: 5/10

Too bad because I love the smell of this cologne. It just lacks in projection, longevity, and is WAY too expensive!!! If price wasn't an issue, which is always is, I wouldn't hesitate picking this up!! It smells divine to me!

AndrewMoc
AndrewMoc

Pure Heaven!

First compliment was from a female who nearly screamed, "you smell delicious!"

To my nose this is a whiskey (not rum), patchouli and vanilla combo. The strength of each note is in that particular order as well. The toasted oak chips I am smelling have convinced me of the whiskey note. Certainly not the common fruity rum one would typically drink.

Its effervescent, dark and sweet, yet entirely masculine. I would not want to smell this on a woman.

I really enjoy this, and somehow my mind finds it to be lacking in one area or another. I think I'm looking for an after bite that exists in a few of my favorites, that sort of lingering transforming bunch of notes after you move your nose from your wrist. Although I really enjoy the linearity, and transformation isn't always necessary, I find myself wanting an extra note or two to add more depth and mystery. I know I'm pushing it, but that would really add the icing to this wonderful cake. Still, one of my favorite offerings from any niche house.

A-

sdcga161
sdcga161

I purchased a small decant of this and a couple of other by Kilian scents recently. Yesterday was the first real exposure to this one, and it will likely be the last. The patchouli just overwhelms, and it reminds me of a sales clerk in a head shop in some college town. In truth, on my it smelled really cheap. I didn't find any depth or intrigue here, just an unpleasant trail of a dirty weed smell. And I'm not a by Kilian hater: I think Back to Black is out of this world. But this one? Not so much.

invasion22
invasion22

Ok! I got this as a gift yesterday.

Packaging and bottle are a piece of art, you sense straight away that this is a high end product but at the same you know that you have paid a lot of money (not me in this case) for the packaging and that is clearly shown when you compare the price of a new bottle to the price of a refill.

Nevertheless this perfume is quite remarkable. It is perfectly balanced one, it is something that you simply can't dislike , the only bad thing could be the longevity issue, I have not worn it yet but reviews suggest that it is not very long lasting.

After I tried it I simply put the bottle back in the box and tucked it away in my wardrobe. I can't yet determine when to wear this scent , if the longevity issue is an issue indeed then I can only see myself wearing this perfume when I go out for a dinner on a special occasion or to a late business meeting.
Or maybe I put it away coz I have few bottles opened at the moment and I would like to think that I have something to look forward to when one of my opened bottle run out. Maybe !

I highly recommend testing this perfume as I am sure a lot of people who test it (and can afford it) will end up buying it.

rprovenz

Women love it...great night out scent...coming in a bad ass black coffin is boring? Lay off the narcotics..

fabiotheitalian
fabiotheitalian

Bought it yesterday and its just soooooo goooood
in my opinion this is very manly and hase somevkind of freshness, most people say its mostly for winter but fo me it reminds me more of spring-feeling

why isnt there oud listed in the ingredients ? Im pretty sure theres oud in the base, after about 5 houres i smell oud as the dominating note, dont you ?

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

Smells great, but like things one has already smelled and costs 5 times as much. Plus the packaging is deadly boring.

Vahagn
Vahagn

I did not expect , but a tender love appeared in my heart to Cruel Intentions. By the way, it is mutual love ) ) ))) Not yet having enough to enjoy these hot relations , I began thinking as greedy perfumery maniac about purchasing my second By Kilian perfume, probably Straight to Heaven or A Taste of Heaven . It is pity but there are not corner or distributor of this brand in my town yet and accordingly, there were no testers and it was very difficult to try these flavors. But it made my search more interesting and these perfumes somehow more " out of reach ", " desired " . I can say , I announced the hunt for A Tasty Haven and Straight to Haven !
And finally I was able to listen to them today . I will say that I was representing and expecting in my mind a different flavor , a different sound than actually was . It is strange, but I barely caught rum notes. From the first minutes there were clearly dominated patchouli and cedar on my skin . I do not know both of them or blowing theirs combination with other components issued gently ,prickly camphor notes on my skin. I Immediately remembered same notes in Perles De Lalique and Elle Yves Saint Laurent! I did not expect this kind of notes . Yes ... those are a little brutal, even a little bracing , but to my great regret , it's not mine . Further base softened somehow became warmer , even seemed to me pleasant warming tobacco notes. But this is not the helped in this case.((((
 All ... I guess- I have difficult relationships with patchouli , and it is here in the FIRST place !
 But I still hope that I like this flavor at the next time!

Jay T
Jay T

Mon amie dit que c'est terrible. J'ai bien aimé le début boozy mais ça n'a pas duré longtemps. Après trois heures, je ne pouvais plus sentir que je réappliqué et il m'a donné un mal de tête.

hill2dtops
hill2dtops

Anytime I wear this fragrance I receive unsolicited compliments. When someone says you smell like Count Dracula... well you can only guess its class.

slapdash
slapdash

Cedarwood shelves and panelling in a musty reading room. A glass of rum that has been left to oxidise. Charred embers of firewood in the hearth. Stale cigar smoke that has long since been absorbed into the walls. A faint whiff of dessicated fruit. Spice that has lost most of its potency. Grungy patchouli. Throat-tickling aridness.

A gentleman's club, perhaps, that alas has seen better days, it's former glory lost to the sands of time.

Straight To Heaven - an invitation I must respectfully decline.

brightstar
brightstar

I tried it because of the notes that seemed to be something I might have liked. It's good but not for me. It turned out to be too masculine, definitely not a unisex fragrance. Furthermore it's a little bit cloying after hours on clothes. I understand why someone would love this, it's a well constructed fragrance, just not for me.

christianne1
christianne1

Well, what do you know, another by Kilian that I like besides Back to Black! I don't even like the smell of rum or bourbon or anything like that but this is done really well and even a non-boozer such as myself can enjoy it. Original...smells like nothing else I have ever smelled. This is probably a touch on the masculine side of unisex due to the opening (which makes sense since it is listed for men) but a bold woman could pull this off well. The dry down is very unisex and female friendly. This really got my attention as soon as I sprayed it and the dry down continues to be a wrist sniffer. Nice one and definitely a must try from this house.

kkoun
kkoun

It smells very much like Jo Malone Oud Bergamot cologne intense. But this one is more sharper, deeper and darker. I like both fragrances though but just not my style. There is a ethyl note here that reminds me of my uni lab when you have to clean all instruments with ethyl. It's almost a nail polish remover note. After the opening there is a beautiful medley of nutmeg, vanilla and dried fruits that I really like. The rum and ethyl stay sharp with the sweetness from the vanilla. Jo Malone Oud bergamot lacks the ethyl rum sharpness but over all smells like Straight to heaven. I enjoy dark fragrances a lot but this heaven will just stay in a sample.

Okay so...If you've read any of my reviews you maybe aware that I'm not a huge fan of overly boozy scents. However, this effort from By Kilian is amazing and was instantly a favourite among the ones I've tried. (which is the vast majority now) Straight to Heaven has all the suave, sophistication of a fine brandy/cognac hardly surprising given Kilian's pedigree.
I instantly liked it and bought it there and then...a rash decision perhaps?...but I can definitely see myself wearing this quite regularly. It's bold but it doesn't announce itself and make the big statement that incense or amber Oud do. It has that gorgeous quality of dry fruit and wood with warm amber and quite a pronounced patchouli which ordinarily I wouldn't like but it works in this. What I mean is if I read the notes before trying I'd have wagered a bet on me not liking this.
I think this is a case of everything being pretty 'full on' and as such creates a kind of harmony...not so much a delicate touch with a dash here n there but a overflowing, bubbling cauldron of indulgent juice.
I can understand the comparisons with Amouage jubilation 25 as this has a very fruity feel throughout and a tiny bit of smoke too. The sweet, dried fruit vibe also reminds me of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille a little.
This juice is unisex and could definitely be worn by many women but for me this leans slightly more toward the masculine in comparison with some of the other unisex offerings from By Kilian.
Bare this in mind if you don't want to shell out the full amount...
I bought the 50ml refill version for £70 as the full bottled price was too much for me. The little funnel and atomiser you get are real quality.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

STRAIGHT TO PATCHOULI

Fantastic rum opening that sadly lasted a few minutes tops.

Remainder of good longevity was linear - but a really nice (and interesting) soft patch fragrance. High quality.

I enjoyed sniffing it all day - not a 'must own' for me - but definitely worth sampling.

merzeng
merzeng

به نظرم یک عطر بد بو و دوست نداشتنی هست.گرچه خیلی ها ازش تعریف میکنن اما با سلیقه من اصلا جور نیست.بوی اسید فرمیک یا مورچه میده و تا آخر همینه.باعث سردرد من میشه و ازش بیزارم.

fuggerone
fuggerone

very long duration and a real original...maybe worth its price when bought in the refill format!
maybe i'll buy the coffin version!

demby
demby

la oleada de ron con la que abre , es lo mejor con las notas frescas del cedro , y el aroma exótico del patchouli , si dejar de mencionar la vainilla, es simplemente grandioso sin duda, una delas mejores fragancias de kilian

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I liked the boozy rum top notes - which were gone all too quickly. The rest of it... I wasn't a fan. I didn't like the fruity notes at all.

My wife sniffed me and made a face.

al.to
al.to

Amazing!
Go in a Market,buy cheap rum possibly ambrè.
Then smell it.
Et voilà straight to heaven.
nutmeg cedarwood patch fruit.
what are we talking about?
doesn't worth the price
but it is very good!

6.5/10

meama
meama

167) The selfish goes to heaven
One of the most original and surprising in the range : a dark rum agreement, ethyl and amber joins notes of dried fruits, spices, vanilla, leading to a woody cedar, dry, resinous and sweet as a old liquor. It is a bit close to EgoÏste olfactory universe , but with a kind of modern twist.
Must I say that the price is exaggerated? this is the price of packaging, the rest of the usual discour on luxury ingredients is the eternal business blah blah lie.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

MASTERPIECE!

So incredibly well blended! Reminiscent of a bit of Amouage Jubilation XXV, GUCCI Pour Homme I and Amouage Opus V (the rum/ iris/ agar wood one) but much lighter and perhaps therefore more wearable for the average European?

...and yes I am thinking "Pirates of The Carribean" for it is intoxicating, exciting, and you can smell a bit of gunpowder.

Unbelievably refined and sophisticated! Late summer nights and autumn scent. Much lighter than Amouage's "Memoir".

sidewalks
sidewalks

This is very nice. It's boozy, spicy, ambery and a hint medicinal. I think it's quite unisex and I would definitely wear this.

Lethal masculinity.

gohod
gohod

Beautiful and distinctive Perfume to Royal owners taste.

I Give this fragrance 10/10 ...

Spartan8
Spartan8

It's my favourite...

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Wow I wasn't expecting this. Kind of threw me for a loop. This perfumer knocked it out of the park !! I had never smelt anything like it. To me this is on the same level as Aventus as far as signature scents go. Straight to heaven is a scent people are going to remember. And I totally think its definitely on the masculine side, very well done By Kilian!

timd
timd

I really like this scent but not the price, so purchased the refill pack only making it about half price. You don't get the beautiful bottle and packaging but you do get the wonderful juice :)

kaizer121
kaizer121

I walked into Saks looking to get myself a very nice nighttime fragrance. I had doen some research and was really debating between New Haarlem by Bond No 9 and Back to Black by Kilian. I had also figured that while I was there I'd get a chance to test out the Tom Ford Private Blends and some of the rarer Creeds. I only recently got into fragrances and recently acquired GiT as a daytime scent (it instantly became my signature) and I had decided that I wanted to get one niche nighttime fragrance to use for intimate dates, and only the most special of occasions. I started out at the Kilian table, and I have to say I was unpleasantly surprised with Back to Black, it was too thick and too sweet for my tastes (at least on paper, I went home with some samples and have found that on the skin it is a masterpiece in its own right) so I left and started sampling fragrances from all of the niche houses available. I had started leaning towards Acqua di Parma Oud (A scent I still intend to come back to, possibly next winter) but I wandered back over to the Kilian table to test out their other offerings, thinking they would most likely be too feminine. Boy was I wrong. The salesgirl started me out after my description of what I wanted with Straight to Heaven and I was instantly intrigued. I won't bore you with any more of the details on its acquisition but I found myself extremely happy with my purchase as I walked out.
The scent opens strong, with the Rum note at the top. It's not sweet as some others have said, and it smells like the rum has been aged for a very long time. It definitely smells like this rum has been aged in a cedar cask since that is the other note in this that it particularly strong. I happen to like cedar, but it seems that there are those who don't so if you already know cedar is a problem for you I'd recommend you avoid this fragrance. In the dry down the rum disappears (roughly half an hour to an hour or so in) and then some of the sweeter vanilla and fruit notes become apparent. They are not at top of the fragrance, not by a long shot but they do give it a subtle sweetness that's very welcoming. The top note remains cedar but it shares that spot now with patchouli, and a very nice patchouli at that. after about 4-6 hours the scent dies down and becomes a skin scent, and it remains a skin scent for a long time after that. I still smell hints (mostly patchouli, and surprisingly musk) of it on my skin more than 12 hours after applying this. Overall I think this is a fantastic scent for a more mature man to wear day-to-day because it is warm, masculine and also inviting. It is also a great scent for a younger man (such as myself) to wear for nights and special occasions. The fact that the scent has a Caribbean air about it makes it appropriate for the warmer months, but it is definitely complex enough to be used in the cold. Overall, I definitely recommend trying this before you buy it, but I think you're doing yourself a disservice if you never get to experience this.

cezarmac
cezarmac

IMO It is not unisex not even close to be masculine.Don't get me wrong but if you going to pay this astronomic price for a bottle of 50ml better buy you a real VSOP(real boozy woody sensation and fruits) and donate the rest o money to some ONG.
Try first Lubin Idole and then you will may know how a real rum smell is.
I pass.

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

Interesting opening, a little creamy, later transforming into a smell of poster paint / water-colour. Synthetic. Weak on the skin. Although it is quite nice it is not worth the price.

josine75
josine75

I don't understand why it it listed as a male fragrance here. I even checked Kilian's website thoroughly to find this classification, but it is not stated as such there. Women should really try this fragrance, it is indeed heavenly! I think it is extremely sexy- in a sophisticated way, not in a dirty way. It is crispy, boozy, woody,fruity and musky at the same time. I'm in love with this juice!

kankri
kankri

Rum and cedar are my first thoughts. Smells like wood chips and booze. It's smoky, too, and there's definitely a whole lot of patchouli radiating behind the wood. Maybe that's what leads to the medicinal note? It's powerful, but not overpowering, and it sits close to the skin - I wish it projected better! Even though it's pretty distinctive, it seems to blend in, it's kind of difficult to catch sometimes.

It didn't really change until around 4 hours passed. At this point the wood has toned down very much, and it is a woody, light sweetness with nutmeg. Vanilla and amber?

I feel this is definitely a masculine scent, though I don't believe perfumes should be really separated by gender lines anyway. This would be perfect for wearing on a cool, rainy kind of day.

gmstrack
gmstrack

Headline: Woody Oriental Drinks Rum in Hamster Cage.

Straight to Heaven by Kilian is pleasant, but don’t expect to have your world rocked.

After reading several reviews, it seems like this fragrance is in a special purgatory: too conventional for some and too medicinal or dirty hippy for others. I definitely fall in with the too conventional camp, but at the same time, I find Straight to Heaven very comforting. Maybe childhood memories of playing in a cedar swamp have something to do with this. The patchouli could be dirtier, the cedar turned down just a tad and, oh yes, dump in something interesting (rum doesn’t count). Heh.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Hmmmm a niche offering that smells like a designer brand. Don't get me wrong, these are some nice ingredients that are used, however, I am only getting two notes from this fragrance on my skin, a very weak boozy note & CEDAR GALORE!!!! GOODNESS! I am not a fan of Cedar when it is done to this extinct.

I would have enjoyed this fragrance more if the boozy notes were amplified like the Cedar note is & the cedar note drowned like the boozy note is. Also I get no Patchouli which is a challenging note for me, but if I were to buy this, I would layer it with Molinard's Patchouli to give it some life! This has moderate longevity, modest projection, certainly NOT WORTH THE ASKING PRICE! Straight to Heaven?? STRAIGHT MESS!

gomt
gomt

Straight to Heaven is both dark and fresh. I can't quite explain it. It's like those sultry days when the sky is dark, the air is heavy - but there's a refreshing wind blowing, with a few drops of rain from time to time. Not quite the image of a Caribbean paradise, but still pleasant - and in a less banal way.

I wouldn't say it's an everyday unisex perfume, but it can work for women well on some occasions. Like on the days I mentioned above, when you can walk the streets in your trenchcoat and leave a trail of it behind you, between the little raindrops. Magic.

I mosty smell cedar and rum, just a little nutmeg. The combination is not exactly warm, but it's comforting. The way rum is comforting, if you know what I mean.

Heavy sillage and 12h+ longevity. Two or three spritzes at noon, and I not only could smell it after the evening bath - it stayed with me until the morning.

killerpollo
killerpollo

i have samples of almost the whole by kilian line and most are to feminine for my taste or i think are over price , but this one i little by little i started using my samples and i have to say i really enjoy this fragrance i just place an order for the travel size refills, i get woody notes with some sweetness to it and i dont know if my nose is playing tricks on me but i get an incense vibe out of it , i just love it .

samatl74
samatl74

I was at Saks 5th Avenue in Atlanta to smell (and eventually bought) Creed Aventus. I asked the man at the boutique what HE wore and he said "Straight to Heaven" by Kilian. He said that he literally get compliments on it all the time so I asked for a sample. It smells very nice and expensive. This is the kind of cologne that I would wear for MYSELF and my enjoyment rather than seek out compliments. The guy gave me several samples to try out and most of the people I asked said that they liked it but was not their fav. Guys, by this for YOU and not to seek out compliments. Its rich cedar smell along with the spicy Cinnamon vibe is very pleasant. I see myself in the library of a castle in England with this smell. It defiantly smells expensive. It's a very well rounded sweet and spicy scent that drys down to a very simple cedar scent. Unique and appreciated by the trained nose, however like I said..it's not a real complement getter plus the price is a bit high for my taste. I give it an 8/10.

mocha43
mocha43

I got a sample of this recently and I smelled like a cedar chest for about 7 hours. As much as I tried I could not pick up the spice or the dried fruits. It smells a lot like BalMan to me which I bought because BalMan was supposed to smell a lot like Mysteri. I have a vintage bottle of Mysteri and neither the BalMan or this one smells very similar to Mysteri. Long story short if you want a masculine cedar smelling scent save yourself a bundle of money and buy BalMan.

Pegasus
Pegasus

One of my favorite scents from By Kilian line, boozy, woody, and very classy. It smells great and lasts for 7-8 hours with average projection for the first 4 hours on my skin, pretty decent for a niche house but I still love it.

BlueEyeRedemption
BlueEyeRedemption

This is a fascinating scent to me. Not because I like it so much more than anything else (I think it's just ok), but because it gives me the oddest sense of nostalgia and I can't determine why or from when. There is something about the combination of the rum with some of the other notes in this that sparks old memories. It's an odd fragrance to me, because even though I wouldn't wear it just for the smell itself, I might someday pick some up just for that odd memory jogging sensation I get. Not for what they're asking for it at retail, though. That's a bit much.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

This smells really good once it dries down! I could see myself wearing this when I wanna feel mysterious in the fall/winter! The nutmeg is just enough! Hot !Egg nog cedar and I love it!

lenaspare@mail.ru
lenaspare@mail.ru

Love it!

Kamicha
Kamicha

Straight to Heaven made me realize that I love nutmeg note. Sure I've been happily grating that veiny nut to my Christmas eggnog, apple pies and various stews - but who knew it would be so beautiful on my skin?

The only synthetic smelling part to my nose with this scent is the boozy opening. I guess that it might be the dried berries that make it resemble more cognac than rum for my nose. The boozy accord leaves just traces of oak left - and the softly, warmly spicy nutmeg reveals itself, intertwining with patchouli and slightly oily cedar. From close distance to skin the nutty aroma is detectable - from distance it blends in as more generic, soft spicy note. At this phase I would not describe the scent ambery, spicy-woody would be more accurate. But the gradually revealing ambery base with very soft musc notes is gorgeous and understated - oily, salty sweet with nice touch of vanilla. No huge ambery radiance here, just a smooth sensual glow that stays close to skin.

There are no harsh edges in this scent after the initial blast of opening. There's a hint of sweetness rounding the woody and spicy notes - and the drydown is just gorgeous. Sillage is not that intensive, but lasting power 8 + hours.

Perhaps not the most unusual notes, but the composition is gorgeous and blended with quality ingredients. Must try for men and women who like woody-ambery scents with a touch of spice.

catfishy
catfishy

To me this smells very much of geranium, even though this note is not listed in the description. I like it very much overall. Just got my sample:)

williamvargas

after spending more time with this, my appreciation of this fragrance has grown and grown..what an amazing seductive fragrance..just beautiful..need to experience some more of kilian fragrances.. i really like taste of heaven which is a different fragrance altogether but excellent as well. if you have not tried this, you owe yourself a sniff , exquisite.
and it just sort of lingers and stays smelling great, got compliments a little later after i had this on for awhile, forgot i was even wearing it..and oh yeah that is a good thing, very appealing scent..

Kuggi
Kuggi

If you want to understand this scent, you should have been on Maldive Islands or Carabbean.

I think By Kilian did a great job with this project.

Straight To Heaven expresses the feeling of being on a paradise or Islands in front of beach in a excellent way.
It is rum-based scent at the beginning and later, I smell like cedarwood, that I really love.

Cedarwood is my favorite woody scent with sandalwood.

The projection is so so on my skin and the longevity depends on the weather type.
If it is cold, the longevity is much stronger.

It is rather a skin scent and it is one of my favorites.
It is by far the best from the By Kilian line I have ever tested.

I will give 8/10.

If you like the feeling of being in a paradise, you will be satisfied with this fragrance.

Personally, it is worth the price.

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE it! I loved it at first spritz and bought the travel set. Many have already adequately described what I feel as well... It conjures up old line heavy paneled library with leather winged back chairs... the faint smell of a fireplace... and a brass railed bar... This is so well balanced and a dry perfect patchouli is the prize. I love the nutmeg and the subtle sweet that dries down into nostalgic memories of pure heaven... For the right chemistry and the right woman, it is definitely unisex. I'm so incredibly grateful I found it. It's so powerful with such a big punch, I'm also grateful the projection is minimal... If you are ready for a change from all the usual suspects... this one will get your attention... IMHO...
PS... Spray lightly for the most breathtaking effect. Less IS more in this case. After wearing it for a few days I can say I love it even more. It doesn't project well because it is a private message by design... Probably the most interesting and unexpected purchase I've made in years. Sophisticated, dry, aromatic... My husband LOVES it on me BTW...

stelladoro

Pheo, after reading your post I suspect it's the ambergris that makes this so tantalizing. On me (a woman) it slips in and out like a shy ghost. But you know it's real! Such a tease - I'll be wearing this come winter.

stelladoro

The sharp crack of nutmeg is the first surprise, followed by olfactory memories of winter Holidays - a marriage of Virginia Cedar and dried fruits, I suppose. To me it smells like a delicious cook at work making fruitcake. It is beautifully mellow and tantalizing, I want to drink it, literally. It is unique with unassailable character. I love it. It lasts at least 24 hours on my skin and the sillage is mouth-watering!

yonka180
yonka180

Straight To Heaven opens sharply and boozy, then turns into a smoother and and sweeter version of Nasomatto's Duro. The drydown is a wonderful smell of cedar chips soaked in Malibu Rum :D

My only complaint is that I wish it projected a litle bit better.

williamvargas

got four samples of some fragrances from lucky scent..straight to heaven and touch of heaven by kilian, i really liked them both, but this one has me mesmerized..need to spend some more time with it...maybe try and find a larger sample..but love the opening..need to see how the longevity is..but wow..this one may have my number..could see a picture of this one in my checkbook soon..just love the presentation of this fragrance..it was love at first sniff..

The combination of rum, nutmeg, amber and woods in By Kilian STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN conjures up memories in my mind of Bond no 9 HARRODS AMBER, which appears to share all of those notes in significant concentration--except that the rum is not specified as such, so it could be some other form of spirits. Anyway, as a lover of nutmeg in oriental woody perfumes, despite the fact that it's supposed to be a characteristically masculine note, I find STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN quite likeable.

Not sure that wearing this fragrance transports me directly to or even in the general neighborhood of heaven. It's nice, but I do not think that it is all that new, and it's certainly not transcendent. I would call this a very safe choice for guys and a somewhat more daring one for gals. I suspect that this sort of composition can be had for significantly less than niche prices, but I do think that STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN is worth sniffing if you like nutmeg and spirits.

Why in the world is this subtitled "White Crystal"??? Not at all musky to me...

MrMookie
MrMookie

Love the boozy rum opening and the soft white musk drydown afterwards.
Its a sensual masculine scent made for the night.
im only concerned about sillage its not thats striking (only in the first 30 mins)
If i buy a bottle for 100 $ i seriously want some longevity and sillage for it in return

Heverton
Heverton

"A rum inspiration, a life-giving alcohol blending the heat of the Caribbean Islands."

This one indeed opens up with a boozy rum note combined with an intense resinuous woody smell. Caribbean Islands makes me think about fruity, juicy and most important, light notes. Coconut? Lime? None of these notes are present here.

Instead we have in the opening a blast of dense resin dipped in alcohol. But hey! I'm not saying it is a bad smell. Not at all. Straight to Heaven is the most masculine fragrance from the whole Louvre Noire collection, and so, it is just different from the others and also different from the description Kilian gave us, that's it.

After a couple minutes the resinous opening decays a bit leaving space to a spice chord derived from nutmeg which lasts until the end of this fragrance.

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

A pathetic and unbalanced mishmash of notes with an extremely synthetic overtone. It's simultaneously too synthetically-scratchy and sweet - an unpleasant combination of traits. Cruel Intentions by Kilian suffers the same fate with its oddly misplaced saccharine sweetness, and is also by the same perfumer Sidonie Lanceusser. They're the only two I've tried from the house and both have been horrible disappointments. I'm hoping that the Kilians done by other perfumers fare better.

Straight to Heaven? Well, it didn't convert this agnostic.

Those guys at ByKilian have to be kidding us. Straight to Heaven is a clearly synthetic woody oriental done in the most conventional, designer-like, manner. They added a boozy rum note on top and called it niche...

Straight to Heaven? Straight to Jail!

Seal your wallets.

Rating: 4.5-5/10

EchoCharlie
EchoCharlie

When I first sprayed it on..it was like a smoky boozy bar..and then as it settled..I began to feel very sexy in it..it gives me the feeling of the memory of the the man who seduced me the night before..and his scent is still on my skin..and every time I smell myself..the memory returns to delight me. I find it very sexy...I can only imagine that I would be greatly seduced by a man wearing it. I'm not sure if I would buy a FB for my own..but I would love to have a man that would buy one for himself.

The longer I smell it..the more sure I am that I would follow a man all around a store..if I scented it on him..

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

This is one of the two fragrances in the By Kilian L'oeurve Noire line officially classified as a fragrance for MEN.

A very nice light fragrance. Starts off as Creed's Virgin Island Water minus the Coconut/Lime, but quickly transitions into the creamy Nutmeg/Woodsy Patchouli Animalic notes. I don't get any Fruit or Vanilla out of this, at least not on my skin. And if I do get fruit, it must be the Unisex Liaisons Dangereuses (from the same line) I wore yesterday that still lingers!

From the start, this fragrance remains very close to the skin. I could only smell it on me if I sniff my wrist. I wish it were stronger so others could take notice, experience and enjoy it as well.

This fragrances will always remind me of the hottie at Saks next to me who loved this fragrance as well who wanted it but ended up not getting it (probably because it's ridiculously expensive). I got it anyway.

I look forward to experiencing the other L'oeurve Noire line fragrances and the Arabian Nights line fragrances. To do that I'd have to work on saving some serious money.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I sprayed this on my wrist and I LOVE it! I am a huge patchouli fan. I guess chemistry must play a role for women to be able to wear. It smells exactly like TM's Angel..without the sweet notes. It has the same level of intense patchouli. I did not even know it was unisex until I pulled it up on this website to review. So far, my fave Kilian scent on me.

Btrippuh
Btrippuh

I like it. Reminds me of boss no.6

grgfourtinas
grgfourtinas

ok i have a sample of this . Once first applied on the skin it smells like boozy alcohol (rum) , later in the drydown 30 _45 min later the nutmeg picks up and smells like a library filled with old books and someone broke a vodka bottle in the library ! thats what it smells like ! Excelent night out frag. in the winter time esspecilay if you ive in a populated city , perfect for a night out with your girlfreind ! overall 9/10 for the scent !

argus
argus

Perfectly balanced patchouli. After rum note dies in 1 hour, patchouli steps up and says: "i'm the most beautifully crafted patchouli in a perfume"... Earthy but not sharp enough to make you sneeze. Elegant and still fresh enough to wear in summer.

By the way; the blend reminds me of a coconut tree. coconut flavoured rum soaked in fresh and cool earth (soil).

katrin1128
katrin1128

Definitely a unisex fragrance. I wear it to work. It's powerful and intoxicating. Very cedar-y.

Ddj221
Ddj221

It's a decent scent, Paco Rabanne Black XS with more class and less of the headache. Far from Kilian's best but even further from Kilian's worst.

fpih
fpih

A very dry and cedary scent on me. The rum note is not detectable on me, in contrast with that found in Frapin 1270 or Lubin Idole. Almost linear after the first 30 minutes have gone by and with low sillage but good lasting power. I like woody fragrances, but for that price tag it's nothing exceptional; I'd rather pick one of CDG's cedar scented perfumes instead.

Papi
Papi

Is there anything similar to it? x

CastoR&Pollux
CastoR&Pollux

right - not uni at all - its just for us MEN! woody woody woody - i get a pretty nice cypriol note here as part of the patchouli cedar complex -----

well done - it was not on my list til the day a friend had it on - bummmmmms as we say in german - i just had to buy this little treasure - for the price it has to be a treasure - also if you need a little box - there is one for almost free

best people

s

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

White Christal? Really?

Now, there are certain smells I enjoy out in the wild world but it does not mean that I want to smell of them on me. And this is the case here.

Someone mention unisex? I think not. Would not want my lady to smell of this!

There is a slightly sweet (patchouli?)note here that added with the cedar gives it a men's club vibe. Right? Well, I'm not fond of men's clubs and I do not want to walk around smelling of such.

As with all Killian frags, the quality of ingredients is tops. No denying that.

Sillage is fair but does not last. For the money...not on my list.

So, I pass.

Kterhark
Kterhark

Let me state up front: I'm reviewing this after just meeting Kilian, and it's hard for me to seperate the charm of the man from the beauty of the fragrance. But I'll do my best.

Kilian said the inspiration for this was the anglo saxon male. So I"m curious why i like it so much on myself.

For me I mostly get nutmeg. This is such an invigorating note, I think I could wear it plain. The rum vibe is faint on me, which I'm grateful for. I get little base, mainly because the nutmeg is so prevalent.

For the distance I do think this is a man's scent, and i would probably tire of if it were in my rotation. But wow, what a sexy man it would be that would wear this.

Pheo
Pheo

The opening is a boozy rum - not surprising given that it comes from Kilian Hennessey (of cognac fame). It settles down pretty quickly, and they try to temper it with the dried fruit accord which I think they pulled off nicely.

This comes off as being a really smooth scent all the way through. The sweet ambergris, the rosewood, the cedar...it's just a really well balanced scent.

Out of the ones I've tried so far, this is my favourite in the By Kilian line. I got a sample of this from Luckyscent, and without noticing which ones I was trying, Straight to Heaven is the one that really grabbed my attention. I'm considering buying a bottle of it sometime soon.

I'm not sure how this opening could be even remotely compared to mothballs. My grandma loves mothballs and I'm really familiar with the scent...it's just not in here.

Also, the notes here probably need some updating. This is the list of ingredients right from the By Kilian site (can't deny the quality!):
70g Martinician Rum Absolute
10g Vanilla Absolute
200g White Musk

Roan
Roan

At the time I smelled this perfume, I wasn't in the same place. It took me into the cellar made of brick. The only light in the room comes from the oil lamp that illuminates the wooden casks in which is keept the most expensive rum. The fragrances are mixed between the bricks - which gives an earthy tone, wooden barrels - which give the woody note and the pure notes of rum. Intoxicating and dark fragrance. It opens with dense notes of rum. It has a very strong opening as Lubin Idole, but, here are added nuts. When alcohol calms down, it is possible to feel the full fragrance. Beautiful patchouli is blended with pleasant notes of wood and alcohol. Patchouli is very enjoyable in this composition. Quite dark and mysterious fragrance. His durability is not questionable, lasts almost like Back to Black, and it is spossible to smell it next day. It has a slightly better sillage than other Kilian. I am sure that even Captain Jack Sparrow would enjoy this ... Straight to Heaven - Straight to the Caribbean ..

sofiii
sofiii

Straight to Heaven smells more like straight to a wood closet with moth balls.

It starts with really chemical and sharp moth ball smell and then became sweeter and calmer.

Later on, it's woodier with nice patchoulli hint without the typical sweet powdery earthy part of patchoulli.

However, then the moth ball closet horror comes back and stays and stays.

It's a big no from me and I don't want smell it from any guy near me.

9154mf
9154mf

This was a heavy oily scent that smelled like herbal cedar, It didn't smell like rum to me. It is totally masculine to me and has a medicinal feel, I am not a fan. In fact I can safely say it's one perfume i pretty much hate!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This is certainly a unique scent. As soon as I opened my sample vial it was green and resinous and aromatic and a little boozy. It was something very familiar, but I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what. Close up, the scent was the familiar one plus a soapy note, but in the sillage the soap was absent and the smell was pure. It took me about 30 minutes until I realized that this was the scent of retsina! Duh! How could I have missed it? I love retsina (a relatively cheap treat that’s much-maligned by people who fancy themselves wine connoisseurs) and this scent replicates it almost perfectly. Do I want to smell like retsina? Why not? I just wish it didn’t have that soapy scent up close.

The flavor (actually odor) of retsina comes from pine resin in the wooden barrels in which it’s aged - at least that’s how it is traditionally done - so my guess is that Kilian’s nose put some pine resin (or a synthetic facsimile thereof) in this scent along with the other notes that are listed. Maybe it’s those other notes that shape the pine to have a wine-like odor. Except for the soap, I like this a lot for the top notes, but can only love it from a distance for the first two hours because after that it degenerates into a soapy cedary “men’s cologne” scent of the spicy, sweet type.

It came as a pleasant surprise later to find that the retsina scent lingered on the clothes I had been wearing, without any of the soapiness. Maybe Straight to Heaven should be applied to clothing for the best effect.

karlee79
karlee79

this is a unisex perfume

libertybelle
libertybelle

I don't know about the nutmeg. Don't smell it. Get the cedar and patchouli. I think the cedar & rum gives the fragrance a bit of a musky note. I'm so glad the cedar doesn't dominate. I like it. Not love, but definitely like and I'm a woman!

Sissi

Cellphones Videogames Things we take
For Granted.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

This wonderful perfume opens up with the smell of an organic rum drink made with the freshest ingredients.

I am transported to a wonderful old-school bar lounge with cedar tables, big leather chairs and the lingering smoke of a high quality Cuban cigar (I am a non-smoker).

As you wear this scent, the spices warm up and the Nutmeg, Vanilla & Ambergris notes develop with Indonesian Patchouli and White Musk. It begins to remind me of the smell of dried fruits.

I can see myself wearing this on a nice cold day or like today, rainy day.

Update: added to collection in 11/2010

jillsy
jillsy

Love! Sweet, slightly smokey, boozy patchouli. And not Angel-cloying kind of patchouli, patchouli done well. Can be worn by women too (I recommend to those who like Fumerie Turque and Tea for Two). I also could have sworn I smelled a tea note in there. Maybe not.

Straight to Heaven by By Kilian 4.10 out of 5 based on 399 ratings and 83 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about By Kilian Straight to Heaven fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about By Kilian Straight to Heaven, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Straight to Heaven by By Kilian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Straight to Heaven by By Kilian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.