Designers » B » Aromatic « Groups

Vodka on the Rocks By Kilian for women and men

Vodka on the Rocks By Kilian for women and men
dislike

Vodka on the Rocks By Kilian for women and men Pictures Vodka on the Rocks By Kilian for women and men Pictures

Vodka on the Rocks will be available to the Russian and Italian markets. Vodka on the Rocks was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Sidonie Lancesseur.

Cardamon Coriander iandaldehydes

Lily-of-the-Valley Rhubarb Pink Rose

oak moss Ambroxan Sandalwood

Fierce
Innocent Rock

Vodka on the Rocks Fragrance Reviews

GustaveTheNose
GustaveTheNose

I tried this some time ago and it was very fresh, and it delivers what it says on the tin, vodka and a slice of lemon.

I wrote another review about boozy perfumes and had no thumbs up so not expecting any here; but again who really wants to smell like they just had their eye opener before walking in to work, makes me wonder.

And the other thing, if I wanted to smell like that, can I just drizzle myself with some vodka and rub some lemon peel on me, wouldn't that be cheaper and closer to reality ? Sorry vodka on rocks, baraonda, etc... That's what I think of you

Aiant
Aiant

Sometimes, after reading controversial or not so good comments about a perfume, I guess something that gives to talk should have something special ...
I am a rather rebellious girl with a little angel costume, well, not so young in her forties, and after many years collecting and discovering aromas, every time I read comments like here I see, I obsess until I can know the fragrance.
Of course, sometimes I am disappointed.
But as soon as I could buy this wonderful concoction, without being able to wait a second, I pulverized and booom! Magic.
It is indeed a scent reminiscent of alcoholic beverage, but for me, more specifically, rose grape muscatel wine, from the valley of Chile, which is where I live. Spring festival with wine and fruit punch with an airy touch of tree flowers. Maybe it is not as unique as fragrance and may remind other perfumes, but for me this is quality to another level. Average projection, ideal in warm weather, acceptable length of skin up to 6 hours constant, but much more in clothing. Compliments Yes, from my little daughter, husband and even strangers on the street.
Note: Perhaps this potion is best worn on the female side, hopefully more women will leave their comments.

CB23
CB23

I'd never been a fan of the Kilian fragrances until trying this one today. It's nothing like Fierce or L'Humaniste, honestly it's misleading reviews like that which cause people to either lose money on a blind buy or avoid something which they think smells like another they may not like.

I suggest trying it for yourself if you're considering it, I liked it, and as soon as I can get my hands on a refill bottle I'll buy it

Lemon Lime
Lemon Lime

I just cannot see the big picture (if any) behind this.

Aquatic style, boozy fresh opening, recreating the smell of gin 'n' tonic with a pinch of freshly squeezed lime in it. A nice concept indeed, if it only lasted for more than 10 minutes.

In its second (very linear) phase, "Vodka on the Rocks", is basically a soapy clean citrus scent, retaining only faintly some of its initial acidic boozy vibe, coupled with a delicate mossy lemony after taste.

Nice & pleasant but considering the retail price of this, I'm baffled. Perhaps this creation is beyond me.

Puzzling.

Oudy
Oudy

The fragrance world is inundated with this sort of scent. Fresh, Generic, Boring. When you first spray it, it has a cucumber cool vibrancy to it that sort of smells boozy and unique, but that quickly gives way to the lame Abercrombie store smell that is, to me, the bottom of the barrel in perfumery. At 300 a bottle it should also be criminal. Taste is subjective I suppose and I'm sure that many would like this. Definatly not for me though. Perhaps that's why it was exclusively released in Russia where maybe the market isn't as flooded with generic scents that all smell mostly the same....like vodka on the rocks.

Scent 4/10...different and unique for about 5 minutes. Then I can't tell the difference between it( other than the quality of ingredients) and a 12$ bottle of take your pick from TJ MAXX
Projection 5/10....seems middle of the road
Fortitude 6/10...3 to 4 hours I got
Full bottle worthy....for what you get and what it costs...Run down to a discount store and sniff the 15 dollar perfumes...you will prolly find almost the same thing at a 285$ discount.

seekritdude
seekritdude

I think if you like that gin and tonic vibe, or frags with a lot of oakmoss this is for you. We can think of something like the ever popular L'humaniste, or even the more recent l'homme ultime. If this is a vibe you enjoy than this is for you.

Its fresh, clean, bracing, invigorating if you will. But all the same its probably pretty "boring" for a lot of people as well since there are a lot of scents that give a similar feeling as this I think..

The difference with this of course will just be if somehow it happens to be JUST that exact mix that youre looking for rather than getting something cheaper like l'humaniste. Or of course if well you are have a higher disposable income and this appeals to the well the rich person/collector or whatever and you gotta catch em' all.

Other than that, its nice, and very wearable, just not particularly interesting again unless it just happens to be that exact mix youre looking for that makes it all click. As at the end of the day theres just so many other fragrances that are cheaper that can give you a similar vibe I think.

Performance is good for what it is

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

Smells like af fierce and curve. Cheap and linear. Pass. Unfortunate Bc I love this house and own many of the gems they have, just let down Bc this is an "exclusive". Pass. Single malt on the other hand.....to die for

landshark321
landshark321

After wearing Single Malt yesterday, By Kilian's Vodka on the Rocks is uninspiring at best. Unoffensive, perhaps pleasant, it's mostly a light sour citrus. It opens a little brighter and fades to something more softly blended, but there's not much to say about it other that it's inconceivable that it would be worth the $295-for-50ml price.

6 out of 10

Nbond007
Nbond007

descent quality...its not that bad at all.....linear but pleasant...

sum888er
sum888er

I can smell vodka on the opening. after that I smell citrus. the creation is interesting but it's too week. you can hardly smell it.

deadidol
deadidol

I’m impressed by this — which is kind of a big deal as I usually give this line the side-eye. Creating the olfactory replica of vodka is impossible as it has no scent, but creating an olfactory image is a different matter. And I think that’s where this scent succeeds — it really does smell the way a vodka-centric drink would taste. If I sniffed this blind with no clue from the name, I would still have guessed it was trying to be an alcoholic drink of some kind, although I’d probably say it was gin.

This scent works by walking the line between something that smells like a relatively generic calone flanker and tonic water. There’s a genuine chill to it (aldehydes and clove, I assume) and it carries a faint herbal cleanliness that reminds of an extremely scaled back Dirty. It also reminds me a little bit of Nu_Be’s Oxygen, and I think that if I were to guess have a second choice in my blind sniff, I would have guessed that it was aiming for clean, industrial aesthetic. It’s a tad balsamic in the dry-down — which counters the crisp, clean opening, but it maintains its power for some time, and I assume the balsamic foundation is playing a role in that. All in-all, I’d describe it as a genuinely well-done take on a crappy calone flanker. Super clean, super invigorating, and really bracing. Like most Kilian’s, you’re paying for the tacky-ass box that it comes in rather than anything costly in the bottle itself. And for as solid as it it is, it’s really just a less noxious version of one of those Issey Miyake type things, so the pricing is a tad insane. But as a scent, it’s effective at what it does and it's more enjoyable that many recent releases from this line.

robg303
robg303

Kilian has some of the best packaging in the business, to be sure. I have a couple of his fragrances and am always eager to try what he comes up with.

Sadly, this scent is not available in the US market, but I happen to have a friend in the business who has access.

I wore this for New Years eve but was surrounded by drinks and too many scents to experince it fully.

Wearing it now for the third time I find it resembles very well, the vodka drink intended. (even though vodka has no real decernable scent)

But, it's cool, refreshing, linear and similar to a clean lemony alcoholic drink. It would likely be nice to wear in Summer at a your favorite bar, club or lounge, but be aware that it may not last more than a few hours, so re-apply if you want it to last through the party.

zda-ro-vye!

muzzbait
muzzbait

the booziness is certainly there, it's just a pity that it smells like something bulgari or even joop would put out. it's the token, generic 'fresh' smell that polo pumps out. quite disappointed in this offering. it smells quite good, and it is long-lasting, but goodness, it does NOT smell unique or special...

CaliDude
CaliDude

After reading some of the reviews, I didn't have high expectations for this fragrance. However, once I finally tried it, I was impressed and really liked it. It starts off with a blast of nice boozy citrus and sweetens up a bit in the dry down. I would say this fragrance is pretty linear.

I gave it a full wearing yesterday, and can tell you that the projection is strong for the first few hours, but then quickly turns into a skin scent. I really wish this lasted longer. It literally seemed like it lasted for only 4 hours. I'll have to give it more wearings to confirm my take on this scent's longevity.

Definitely worth sampling.

bronwen80
bronwen80

Heavy masculine citrus that is pure male. Evokes the sense of Ralph Lauren or Dolce and Gabbana style colognes. Not the greatest scent that Kilian has ever developed but still worth a try especially of you are a fan of citrus based colognes. If you are looking for boozy try Apple Brandy :)

rogson
rogson

Nothing to this one. A little alcohol smell and a little aromatic ending with maybe some oakmoss. Not strong and very reminiscent of cheap men's colognes. Not much evolution, longevity or sillage, which is a good thing because this one is not one I would like to have anyone smell on me. Smells very dated. Definitely not worth even the price of the sample I bought.

Summer Fragrances
Summer Fragrances

@Jeca vodka does have a light citrus tone to it, which why I love it.... Just imagine bitter citrus

jeca
jeca

This is interesting ;o) My grandpa preferred vodka to all other drinks that 'smell' and 'taste' just because it was tasteless and smells only on pure alcohol. I am curious to try this one ;o)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about By Kilian Vodka on the Rocks fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about By Kilian Vodka on the Rocks, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vodka on the Rocks by By Kilian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vodka on the Rocks by By Kilian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.