Designers » B » Aromatic « Groups

Vodka on the Rocks By Kilian for women and men

Vodka on the Rocks By Kilian for women and men
dislike

Vodka on the Rocks will be available to the Russian market only. Vodka on the Rocks was launched in 2014.

Cardamon Coriander iandaldehydes

Lily-of-the-Valley Rhubarb Pink Rose

oak moss Ambroxan Sandalwood

Vodka on the Rocks Fragrance Reviews

sum888er
sum888er

I can smell vodka on the opening. after that I smell citrus. the creation is interesting but it's too week. you can hardly smell it.

deadidol
deadidol

I’m impressed by this — which is kind of a big deal as I usually give this line the side-eye. Creating the olfactory replica of vodka is impossible as it has no scent, but creating an olfactory image is a different matter. And I think that’s where this scent succeeds — it really does smell the way a vodka-centric drink would taste. If I sniffed this blind with no clue from the name, I would still have guessed it was trying to be an alcoholic drink of some kind, although I’d probably say it was gin.

This scent works by walking the line between something that smells like a relatively generic calone flanker and tonic water. There’s a genuine chill to it (aldehydes and clove, I assume) and it carries a faint herbal cleanliness that reminds of an extremely scaled back Dirty. It also reminds me a little bit of Nu_Be’s Oxygen, and I think that if I were to guess have a second choice in my blind sniff, I would have guessed that it was aiming for clean, industrial aesthetic. It’s a tad balsamic in the dry-down — which counters the crisp, clean opening, but it maintains its power for some time, and I assume the balsamic foundation is playing a role in that. All in-all, I’d describe it as a genuinely well-done take on a crappy calone flanker. Super clean, super invigorating, and really bracing. Like most Kilian’s, you’re paying for the tacky-ass box that it comes in rather than anything costly in the bottle itself. And for as solid as it it is, it’s really just a less noxious version of one of those Issey Miyake type things, so the pricing is a tad insane. But as a scent, it’s effective at what it does and it's more enjoyable that many recent releases from this line.

robg303
robg303

Kilian has some of the best packaging in the business, to be sure. I have a couple of his fragrances and am always eager to try what he comes up with.

Sadly, this scent is not available in the US market, but I happen to have a friend in the business who has access.

I wore this for New Years eve but was surrounded by drinks and too many scents to experince it fully.

Wearing it now for the third time I find it resembles very well, the vodka drink intended. (even though vodka has no real decernable scent)

But, it's cool, refreshing, linear and similar to a clean lemony alcoholic drink. It would likely be nice to wear in Summer at a your favorite bar, club or lounge, but be aware that it may not last more than a few hours, so re-apply if you want it to last through the party.

zda-ro-vye!

muzzbait
muzzbait

the booziness is certainly there, it's just a pity that it smells like something bulgari or even joop would put out. it's the token, generic 'fresh' smell that polo pumps out. quite disappointed in this offering. it smells quite good, and it is long-lasting, but goodness, it does NOT smell unique or special...

CaliDude
CaliDude

After reading some of the reviews, I didn't have high expectations for this fragrance. However, once I finally tried it, I was impressed and really liked it. It starts off with a blast of nice boozy citrus and sweetens up a bit in the dry down. I would say this fragrance is pretty linear.

I gave it a full wearing yesterday, and can tell you that the projection is strong for the first few hours, but then quickly turns into a skin scent. I really wish this lasted longer. It literally seemed like it lasted for only 4 hours. I'll have to give it more wearings to confirm my take on this scent's longevity.

Definitely worth sampling.

bronwen80
bronwen80

Heavy masculine citrus that is pure male. Evokes the sense of Ralph Lauren or Dolce and Gabbana style colognes. Not the greatest scent that Kilian has ever developed but still worth a try especially of you are a fan of citrus based colognes. If you are looking for boozy try Apple Brandy :)

rogson
rogson

Nothing to this one. A little alcohol smell and a little aromatic ending with maybe some oakmoss. Not strong and very reminiscent of cheap men's colognes. Not much evolution, longevity or sillage, which is a good thing because this one is not one I would like to have anyone smell on me. Smells very dated. Definitely not worth even the price of the sample I bought.

Summer Fragrances
Summer Fragrances

@Jeca vodka does have a light citrus tone to it, which why I love it.... Just imagine bitter citrus

jeca
jeca

This is interesting ;o) My grandpa preferred vodka to all other drinks that 'smell' and 'taste' just because it was tasteless and smells only on pure alcohol. I am curious to try this one ;o)

Vodka on the Rocks by By Kilian 3.54 out of 5 based on 31 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about By Kilian Vodka on the Rocks fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about By Kilian Vodka on the Rocks, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vodka on the Rocks by By Kilian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vodka on the Rocks by By Kilian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.