Designers » B » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Accord Oud Byredo for women and men
dislike

leather
oud

Oud possesses a great cultural significance because of its use in traditional incense and perfumes, and it is also mentioned in one of the world's oldest written texts - the Sanskrit Vedas from India. When the once light Aquilaria tree heartwood becomes infected with a specific type of mold, it defends itself with a dark and fragrant protective resin. This now dark wood, oud or agarwood, holds a complex fragrance, resembling few or no other natural ingredients.

Accord Oud composition blends agar with fresh leather accord, blonde woods, spices (saffron, cinnamon) and black plum. It is composed of blackberries, saffron and rum top notes, with the heart of leather and clary sage and the base of patchouli and powdery musk.

Its is available as Eau de Parfum in 50 ml and 100 ml bottles.

Accord Oud was launched in 2010.

Saffron Blackberry Rum

Agarwood (Oud) Leather Clary Sage

Musk Patchouli

Gold Leather

Accord Oud Fragrance Reviews

dmetzger
dmetzger

Just bought a small bottle of this a few days ago from an estate sale. Saw the Byredo name on the bottle and thought "why not?"

It's a very beautiful fragrance. Relaxed and well blended. The Oud is a tiny bit medicinal and I don't get any leather at all. The berry note is also very subtle and I get a bit of a white floral vibe that is omnipresent in the blend.

It lacks in performance though on my skin sadly or I would immediately go buy a full bottle.

Scent: 7.5/10 it's pretty and well done but isn't very memorable. Good casual Oud though.

Projection: 3/10 hardly any at rest.

Sillage: 5/10 for the first half hour then drops off to virtually nothing from what I can tell.

Longevity: 2/10 I get two hours max and at least half of that is a skin scent only.

Would I buy a full bottle: maybe at a good price. It's a nice sweeter-floral if somewhat medicinal oud but the performance isn't what I expected from a Byredo for all the hype they get.

picknenders
picknenders

Hands down my favorite take on oud. The blackberry gives it a zest and the rum gives it a full bodied flavor. Tang, spice, oud and a hint of sweetness. Addictive and unique!

dsty
dsty

I liked Byredo's Oud Immortel very much, so I was eager to try its sibling Accord Oud. And I did end up really liking this one as well, although with some reservations.

It took me longer than usual to form an opinion of this one; I've been wearing it on and off for at least two weeks. Maybe that's part of the problem, because my sample was only 1.5 ml and I don't think I should have made it last that long. But this one has that pattern typical of all Byredos I've tried so far, that makes it prone to underspraying: the first blast is so strong that it makes me back off immediately, afraid of being THAT person in the office, and then two or three hours later I can't smell anything except when I press my nose to my wrist to sniff forcefully (and that's also not the image I want to project in the office, by the way).
It also doesn't help that that first blast is such a pungent mix of true leather and woods (as for the quality of the oud, I really can't say, because these Byredos are my first experiences with the note and the opinions seem to be divided about whether they actually smell like it or not). It's definitely more masculine than feminine at this point, although still unisex. I can appreciate this opening now that I'm used to it, but at first it startled and dismayed me with its strong, almost rubbery sharpness.
After only a little while the boozy/fruity notes kick in, as does a little bit of patchouli, although the leather/woods combo stays dominant all the way. These other factors do mellow the scent quite a bit though, and this is the part I really like: earthy and just a bit sweet, an interesting but pleasant scent, perfect for autumn. It's too bad it starts fading so fast so soon after it reaches this highpoint, becoming too vague to be really enjoyable pretty much immediately. But as I said, that might be resolved by spraying a bit more boldly.

All in all I find I'm reluctant to part with my little sample now that fall is starting, so I'm going to get a little decant if I can. I doubt whether it'll ever turn into a full bottle purchase though, even if I do find I can overcome my reservations with more sprays; the price/wearing has to be taken into account as well...

buraktemiz93
buraktemiz93

Let's start saying by this is the best Byredo fragrance for me and it is my signature scent.

When I tested Accord oud, I was blown away.

True Leather

Accord oud doesn't smell like oud at all. I have big experience with oud based fragrances and many different kind of ouds from asia and Accord oud doesn't smell like oud at all.

This is the most authentic leather based scent I've put my nose on. Accord oud opens up sharp and strong with very dark leather. It is almost like gasoline but berry note softs down the gasoline smell. After couple hours, scent sits and berry note becomes more enjoyable with the leather and boozy rum. I also get violet in the drydown even though it wasn't listed.
I was lucky to find older MADE IN SWEDEN version of the Accord oud and when I saw that Sweden version had way darker juice, I had to get it.

Made in Sweden version is much darker and leathery. Especailly at the opening, it is alot like gasoline smelling leather and less berry. Scent stays like this very long time and smells very authentic leather like.

Accord oud has this car leather kind of a scent , especially the Sweden version. I highly recommend this fragrance if you are a leather fragrance fan.

Longevity was around 8-12 hours and it projects around 3-4 hours. People will feel you and you will smell it all day long on you.

gelo999
gelo999

Openness is the best of Accord Oud, is very nice and well mixed with a soft fruity note of blackberry, saffron and rum to evolve to a mixture of leather and oud very similar to Acqua di Parma oud.

Drying of patchouli and musk makes it sweeter and medicinal but retaining the oud touch it, pleasant, somewhat boring and very seen since.

Inconsequential

Rating: 5

K1
K1

More than oud I feel Accord Oud spins around bountiful dose of safraline and leather. This leather displays unusually delectable boozy dark smell in the opening that reminds me Tuscan Leather's delicious framboise leather persona.

Accord Oud opens a bit twisted and heavy with skanky herbal and medicinal oud and fruit but inoffensive and joyous. The main theme is a bit dry (let me indicate how slimy the opening is) woody and leathery. And you still have twisty fruity theme on top. Nice unisex work indeed. Could be a compliment giant ten years ago but today it's one like many others.
★★★

بیشتر از اینکه یه عطر عودی باشه حس میکنم اکورد عود حول محوریت دوز بالای سافرالین و چرم میچرخه. این چرم بکار رفته توی این ترکیب به طرز عجیبی خوشمزه، الکلی و تاریک ظاهر میشه که من رو یاد چرم و تمشک خوشمزۀ توسکان لدر میندازه

اکورد عود کمی سنگین و پیچیده شروه میکنه که حسی گیاهی و زننده (اما خیلی خفیف)، عود دارویی مانند و نت بی آزار میوه ای همراهیش میکنن. تم اصلی کار کمی خشک میشه (برعکس شروع که حالتی لزج رو به یادم میاره) کمی هم چوبی و چرمی. و با این حال شما هنوز تم میوه ای رو دارین که با چرک همراه میشه. یه عطر یونیسکس خوبه. اگه چندسال زودتر میومد بیرون یکی از غولهای بازار میشد اما الان دیگه چندان تک و خاص نیست
★★★

Ewalk81
Ewalk81

So I purchased a decant of this last month, and I am now finally giving it some play. I'm wearing it at work today. Got one compliment so far from a female co worker. I don't fish for these things, but if I get one that's cool too. If I go through this 10mL decant, I'll buy a full bottle.

ChubbyPillow93
ChubbyPillow93

This is a VERY creative oud scent.
Accord Oud and Oud Immortel are both worth-trying.

In the beginning there's a blast of rum aroma which made it very boozy and fascinating, in this respect Accord Oud is very similar to Oud Immortel for that the latter has strong limoncello note too.Soon the leather note came and it brought the whole scent some bitterness(which I do not like), unfortunately the saffron amplified this bitterness and finally they mixed with the oud notes, became a dark and bitter and straightforward oud fragrance.Super masculine.

BTW, the oud notes here are pretty much the same as the oud in Oud Immortel, compared to the oud in Montale or other brands, they are quite light and unaggressive, but...I do not think it is a scent that could please everyone.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - blackberry, rum, musk.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 8hrs consistently.

Q80
Q80

This is a very nice fragrance as it takes you through a journey on quite different destinations! it goes from splashy into something with cherry and almonds which is completely identical to Qom Chilom by SHL777 after 5 to 10 minutes, then it calms down and turns into a face lifting cream essence with woods and leather.. never greeny, never rooty but bit of rum to add that cozy effect and atmosphere. Quite captivating.

Silent.Dragon
Silent.Dragon

I have resisted the concept of a signature scent, but must concede here. Accord Oud is the perfect all around men's frag. The oud/leather accord is less offensive than a tuscan leather, balanced/tamed by the dry blackberry in the background. If you were to swap the citrus accord for blackberry in ADP Colonia Leather, you would come very close to this. At first sniff, its a "like", but after 5 or 6 committed full days, its a "love". On my skin, it lasts a full work day, and I do get complimented, more frequently than aventus?! lastly, as masculine as this gets, it can definitely be easily pulled-off by a classy women. If you are looking to buy one, and only one perfume to wear for all occasions, this would certainly be my recommendation.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

This is well made with solid projection and longevity on me. In a similar vein to Atelier Oud Saphir but with a stronger oud note. I liked the blackberry in the opening notes but it fades too quickly. While I enjoyed this, I prefer other non-oud leather scents more (TF Tuscan Leather, Mark Birley Charles Street)

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

This is great. My first impression of this is like oud wood mixed with a well done leather and boozy yet fresh vibe. I really like this and will be sure to edit my update and thoughts after more time with the scent. Very well done byredo!

daynierds
daynierds

I believed I hated oud till I tried this...on one hand I tried Montale black aoud and on the other one this...this was heavenly and the oud note just lingering in the background...for me a really smooth and sophisticated fragrance and the only oud I have liked from the more than 10 ones I have tried...pricey but a great fragrance in my opinion....at least a 9/10

Adrien02
Adrien02

Why, oh why does this drift from the epitome of the most luscious Oud I have ever smelled to a citronella and bug spray infused piece of wood
. . .WTH
*biiiig sigh*

iritis
iritis

Most unique oud blend out there. Great projection and long sillage. Confidence booster.

aniwolfe
aniwolfe

I get a lot of compliments with this, plus its my favorite Oud type fragrance out of all the ones I have tried. My top 5 list for performance and smell is great.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Beautiful!!! I never heard anything like this before! is a perfume Dark,mysterious,resinous,and melancholy ... his openness could displace at first .. it's very powerful at first, wait a while before they evolves leather, oud, and sage in the base notes become .. something fantastic, strange and hard to explain .. is a perfume of character, elegant but mysterious ... note blackberry is really something unique and wonderful in this composition !!!. The Oud is not feeling a lot .. I think it's there to give support and character to the fragrance. In me it evokes the autumn woods where you can walk peacefully, while the sky starts to get dark, and get a light rain. This fragrance embraces you, it slowly reveals .. is really fantastic! Thanks Byredo. Recommended!ϟ

Sillage: 7.5/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Scent: 9./10

Overall: 9.5/10

assim.hayderi
assim.hayderi

Wooow such a beauty!! This is one of the best winter scents I have ever come upon, specially the Swedish winters. The oud and the leather is always a good combination but here together with blackberries it takes the scent to a completely new level. The longevity is awesome (minimum of 5 hours on my skin) and the projection is also not bad. It doesn't offend but it doesn't stick to the skin. The price might be a bit high but it is definitely worth each cent you pay for it. The most pleasant winter scent in my collection!

waruna gomis
waruna gomis

Wow...

STAGE 1
Amber and Oud in Sweet alcohol mix.

STAGE 2
Getting closer to Kuoros-Oud Note with hints of Lime, Orange leaf and a medicinal note.

STAGE 3
Its an Original

Great for evenings. Cant write things I don't know.
This doesnt remind me of a place.

froukebo
froukebo

"Mysterious deep pool"

The first time I sprayed this in the air, I wrinkled my nose and almost threw the tester away.

Almost, because it lingered in my nose (ha! I'd like to learn the professional term for that!) and I kept returning to it, just to take a whiff from the little tester. It was like a mysterious whisper, saying "try me, try me"

Then I tested it on my skin. And couldn't keep my nose away from my wrist (where I had sprayed it).

Then I sprayed it on my neck, front and back, more on my wrists. And I went around inviting family and friends to take a smell (I have them very well trained, they know the procedure)

Their reactions were priceless: puzzlement, doubt, and then after a few more sniffs (and/or snuggles) joy. And they kept coming back for more, which is BIG points on my list!

Now I wish I could re-set my nose, so I could smell this every day! I have to pace myself and wear it about once or twice a week.

I have looked at many other oud fragrances, but have found nothing comparable yet. Oud 27 from le Labo comes close, but is weaker.

michael.j
michael.j

Disappointment. Starts out wonderfully then dries to a conventional leather set against some berries. Oud Immortel is a much more interesting take on the oud genre. The new leather from Acqua di Parma is very good, buttery, deeply luxurious, and potent. Accord Oud is neither a particularly compelling oud nor an interesting leather. It adds nothing.

cytherian

EDIT: I had to revisit this fragrance and decided to get a bottle, as part of a swap. I love this... something about it is just working for me, even on par with Jubilation XXV. Definitely requires a long term sampling to appreciate.
______________________________________________________

The first spray of Accord Oud is divine. Take some oud and garnish it heavily with some leather, berries, rum, and sweetness, and you've got a modern, Western fragrance that is very approachable and happens to contain some oud. So delicious that you almost want to taste it. :-) So yes, oud is not center stage here. Some have questioned if there's any oud at all. There is. Not a lot, but it is there. In perfumery, "Accord" means "a balanced blend of notes which lose their individual identity to create a completely new, unified odor impression." So oud is not meant to sit out in front alone.

But...

What about longevity? Does it linger for a long while or fade off in short order? In the same vein as Amouage Jubilation XXV, it is possible for the wearer to become acclimated enough to not notice it. Sillage is moderate to light into the drydown. I did some longevity tests and found that you can still smell Accord Oud some 12 hours later (a very close skin scent at that point). The patchouli helps temper the sweetness, and adds some dryness that balances it well.

The flacon is terrific. In step with Swedish design motifs, it is minimalist, no eye catching flair but yet elegant in simplicity. The crown point is the rounded black dome shaped cap with magnetic closure. The bottle is a nice chunky cylinder, reminiscent of some high quality ink bottles made of ultra smooth defect free glass. The label is plain but nicely done (semi-gloss finish with raised black lettering). Definitely display worthy.

From what I see, most people who bash/degrade "Accord Oud" miss the point.

Fragrance: 9.3, Longevity: 8, Value: 8

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

I feel the smell of fuel in the output, similar to the Tuscan Leather. Probably a combination of leather and red fruit, but here it is more discreet and smoother, and different from the Tuscan Leather, where the smell of fuel last to the end.

The oud appears in after a few minutes, and make a beautiful combination with the leather, making it more woody and leaving the fuel tone in the background, getting weaker with each passing hour as a beautiful reminder of what outside the opening.

Finally it becomes more dry and woody, with a slight dusty floral tone. Long lasting on the skin and with good projection.

JungleSpark
JungleSpark

I adore BYREDO's complex Accord Oud alone and for layering! At first its androgynous and aloof with a slight F.U. aspect to it - imagine a mysterious Marlene Dietrich in a suit slowly smoking her cigarettes. Then lazily, Accord Oud dries down into an intoxicating boozy Blackberry with whispers of Oud. From Dietrich to Eva Green's femme fatale in "A Dame To Kill For". A gorgeously sultry wink at the dark side.

muzzbait
muzzbait

leather and oud usually work well together, but the berry element adds an unnecessary distraction that ruins this mix. it results in an overwhelming 'unripe green' note that just doesn't work. it's a pity, too, as the individual components smell quite good in isolation. quite the pity...

BillyC28
BillyC28

Accord Oud - my 1st Byredo purchase.

I liked this better than Oud Immortelle. It is a good scent but really strong, need restraint when applying this. My favorite oud is eternally Oud 27 (Le Labo) which no oud has surpassed theirs to me yet.

This is much more sharp and medicinal. The blackberry is a nice touch and does add a sharp fruitiness (but is not sweet).

The biggest note on me is the clary sage! I can smell the sage very clearly which is unusual in an oud perfume. This smells more like smooth leather and sage, not oud. The sage steers me away from this mostly, but still wear it from time to time.

This is more suitable for evening / formal wear, as is smells very distinguished.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

Accord Oud was definitely an acquired fragrance to me. My first initial impressions were that someone may have initially poured some type of fossil fuel into my bottle. Really, it’s definitely heady and boisterous - I wouldn’t have been surprised if someone had poured this into their gas tank and gotten better mileage. However, over time, I began to appreciate what I consider to be a really nice (but heavy), leather fragrance that you will likely still be able to smell when you wake up the day after.

Initially, I get saffron, blackberry and rum. The saffron gives the overall feel to AO. It’s a softness that is a nice counterpart to the heady leather. The blackberry and rum mix nicely as well, offering a sweet, but boozy opening. The rest of the fragrance isn’t so easily distinguishable to me. As I said, I basically get mostly leather and some other notes, but they’re hard to pick out individually after the top notes fade. But it’s still very nice.

I’m still debating whether it’s worth the price. At first, I would’ve said a definite ‘no,’ but now I’m not so sure I’d stick with that answer. I would say if you have the money, then it’s definitely worth trying. A decanted sample would be a great idea.

Kain
Kain

This is very pleasant and definitely a unisex fragrance.
The opening is a very yummy combination of sweet saffron, a little bit of cinnamon (yep!) and a weak semi fresh fruity smell that all together reminding me of a local I would say soup (or maybe food!) in my country!
This special soup has been made from rice, saffron, sugar, small pieces of almonds and some cinnamon on top!
Very simple, yet very yummy and the opening of this fragrance remind me of that.
In the mid I can smell a little softer saffron and a light bitter smoky aroma.
It's more like smoky leather than smoky oud, but anyway it's weak and mostly in the background.
You have this scent for about 5-6 hours then the scent changes to a semi sweet/semi tart fruity blackberry smell with some saffron and leather, both completely in the background.
To my nose it doesn't smell like "TF Tuscan Leather" at all. leather has a small role in this fragrance and it's not bold and strong.
I would say this is not a leather based fragrance.
It's an oriental, spicy, fruity fragrance.
Projection is great and I get at least 12 hours of longevity!
I like it.

یه عطر نسبتا خاص و خوشبو که به طور حتم یه عطر یونیسکس هست و بوی بسیار دلپذیر و جالبی داره
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی نسبتا شیرین زعفران شروع میشه که مقدار کمی رایحه دارچین (با اینکه تو رایحه ها نیست) و رایحه بسیار ضعیف میوه ای کمی ترش و شاداب اونو همراهی میکنن
راستش برام خیلی جالبه که رایحه اولیه این عطر منو تا حد زیادی یاد بوی شله زرد میندازه
شله زرد که صد در صد همه خوردن یا حداقل میدونن چیه
بو و طعم شیرین و ملایم زعفران با اون عطر دارچینش
این عطر اولش تا حد زیادی همچین حسی داره
با گذر زمان بوی زعفران کمی ملایمتر میشه و حالا یه رایحه تلخ و کمی دودی به عطر اضافه میشه
البته این بوی تلخ بیشتر شبیه به بوی چرم هست تا عود، ولی در مجموع ضعیف و ملایمه و فقط یه ته بوی تلخ و کمی دودی به عطر میده
شاید یه سری ها بگن این یه عطر بر پایه رایحه چرم هست و تا حدی شبیه به تام فورد تاسکان لدر اما به نظر من اصلا شبیه به تاسکان لدر نیست و عطر هم فقط یه رایحه ضعیف چرم داره. عطر به نظر من جزو عطرهای شرقی، ادویه ای و میوه ای دسته بندی میشه
شما این بو رو برای حدود 5-6 ساعت دارین تا میرسین به رایحه پایه
تو رایحه پایه بوی زعفران و اون بوی تلخ و ضعیف چرمی خیلی خیلی ضعیف میشن و رایحه میوه ای شبیه به بوی تمشک که بوی ترش و شیرین و کیفیت خیلی خوبی داره قدرت میگیره و تا آخر بوش همینجوری میوه ای ترش و شیرین با کمی زعفران و عود میمونه
ترکیب ساده ولی با کیفیت و خوشبویی هستش
پخش بوش خیلی خوبه و ماندگاریش هم حداقل 12 ساعت روی پوست من هست
راحت میشه بالای 12 ساعت ازش ماندگاری گرفت
کار خلی خاص یا منحصر بفردی نیست اما خوشبو هست و شخصا دوسش دارم

midos
midos

fruity,leather ,little saffron with touch of oud this is what I could smell .

strong nice scent has a good longevity & sillage both 8/10.
if u like Tuscan Leather from Tom ford but you can't afford it , then this is the alternative .
I really like it so much :)

cytherian

This is the most "delicious" fruity leather fragrance I've tried yet. Byredo hit a great balance of notes here, despite the fact that oud is not in the forefront. Blackberry and plum have similar roots and go well together, making for a fruity sweetness that is not cloying. The saffron is a nice accent as well. The agarwood (oud) is perceptible, but I have a feeling it may be a small amount just to be able to put "Oud" in the name. Byredo made "Oud Immortel" which has NO OUD in it whatsoever, so... I rest my case. The leather and musk is understated but much more prominent than the agarwood. I barely pick up on any cinnamon (thankfully).

I really like this for what it is, not what it is trying to be. I just wish it would project a bit more. I find that after an hour or two, it settles down to a skin scent within 2". Frankly, if I'm going to wear a luscious fragrance like this, I want to smell it! So given the price point, I'm reticent to buy a full bottle (I have a sample). $2/1ml is rather high for this.

Brenao
Brenao

Very common perfume, not for me. Fruit, leathery, weak, close to skin, not great in my opinion.

penibel
penibel

If you are looking for an oud perfume - look further, no oud in this one! The ingredients have no oud in it!

Despite of the aforementioned, I really like the composition. I get a lot of creamy blackberry and leather notes.

freddinos
freddinos

Purely masculine to my taste, with an opening full of medicinal nuances, camphor and well polished new leather. Lots of oud -as the name implies- too. I did not get any of the fruits. From the middle notes down it's a proper leather fragrance, with a classy and slightly old fashioned undertone, meant in the best of ways of course. I imagine an impeccaby dressed bon viveur wearing it, together with a stuble and excellent knowledge of Burgundy Grand Crus. A non prentetious fragrance, that exudes an aura of effortles superiority.
Not for me, but I cannot possibly fault it in any way.

Many thanks to MrsLetterO for the very generous sample:)

Roge'
Roge'

I see a couple of Tom Ford comparisons here. Black Saffron is more Tom Ford than Accord Oud in my opinion. Prior to looking at the notes, I knew some sort of fruit was involved but i had no idea that it was blackberry. Actually, i didn't realize that blackberry had an odor. The leather in this is sort of buttery. All in all a good fragrance.

butterblades
butterblades

Very good scent! Dries down on my skin similar to Tom Ford Tuscan Leather.

CDGfan
CDGfan

This is similar to Tom Ford's Oud wood, average longevity but with excellent projection. I find this better than Tom Ford's Oud wood for that reason.

Cereza
Cereza

After the first sniff it was a huge "NO" for me, but thankfully it did change and I did not have to scrub this off.
As we all know, it is all about chemistry, so I was not even surprised that I did not get any berries at all, also aoud is very faint and did remind me of burnt rubber like it did in By Kilian "Pure Oud". As for the leather - it is the strongest note here, so might be a turn off for you if you dislike this note and are looking for a fruity aoud. This is not it, this is all about leather. Leather here is very elegant and calm though, reminds me a bit of how a new leather bag smells when you open it - smooth and elegant.
Clearly not for me as I hate the burn rubber part greatly, but might work for many, worth a try if you are looking for a nice leather fragrance.
Silage is very soft and inviting, longevity is good enough for the price tag.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

My perfume samples have finally arrived from The Perfumed Court (thank you so much!) so my Byredo adventure can finally begin. I’m starting with Accord Oud. I’ve never had much luck with ouds; they always seem to suit others well but seem heavy and brash on me.

Accord Oud is in a different league to most other ouds. It opens with a sunny, almost medicinally sweet start. After a few minutes, this fades into a subtle warming mixture of woody oud, mellow plum and a hint of saffron. I haven’t been able to pick up on the leather or cinnamon notes, but they may be a bit too subtle for my nose. Moderate sillage and sillage of 5-6 hours.

Not what I expected at all and an absolute delight. Finally an oud I can wear regularly.

Jarrock32
Jarrock32

There is nothing of tuscan leather here, NOTHING. I get a lot of Oud, and some sweet. In the same way that MFK OUD. No berries, and no leather, maybe animalic leather but so animalic = oud. The name is perfect, accord oud, and that´s it is. Strong, good proyection, good sillage, nauseating oud, sweet, but nauseating.

I'd classify Accord Oud as a spicy fruity leather which strikes halfway between Tuscan Leather and Charles Street but it's definitely more restrained than either. Oud? Not at all, I'd say it's more oud-y. After the initial accord of boozy saffron, the fragrance rapidly turns into a blackberry-leather mid phase that while being nice it's neither particularly interesting nor original. Sage tries to provide a subtle, sort of "dirty" twist which is quite promising at first but it's not enough to turn Accord Oud into something remarkable.

Overall: A quite conventional masculine sold at niche prices. Abysmal lasting power.

teddito
teddito

I don't pick much oud here..mostly it is soft leather with some tart berries and definitely shaffron on a bed of blond woods and patchouly.Totaly unisex, very modern and long lasting for a Byredo.Reminds me a bit of L'Agent, but this is much much prettier.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

It’s woody, it’s musty, it’s earthy, and it’s spicy, and it’s wonderful. It’s not oud, and I don’t even think it contains any oud, real or synthetic, but it’s an excellent fragrance nonetheless. It’s strong and assertive, a little sweet and fruity, but not too much so, and as it dries down it takes on a rich, resinous cedar-shaded note that I love.

I know there are a lot of people who hate this type of strong, non-floral perfume, but it’s right up my alley. Sillage is tremendous even with a tiny dab. It lasts and lasts, 6-8 hours on skin, longer on clothing. Instead of a realistic depiction of oud, the Byredo interpretation is more of an abstract representation of something vaguely oud-like and dripping with warm resin. I enjoyed it a lot and would wear it on occasion.

nekoni koban
nekoni koban

I much prefer this to Byredo's Oud Immortelle. A much drier and grassier scent. The opening is amusingly a bit like a caipirinha or tequila margarita.

JohanOfSweden
JohanOfSweden

While I am Swedish and my desire to love this brand and perfumes oozes through my veins I am disappointed in the quality of the line.
I picked up this scent in Stockholm, Byredo HQ, I loved the scent from the first whiff of it, Rum, Saffron & Blackberry, heaven. But although it is priced with a price tag on par with the exquisite close to perfection Tom Ford Private collection scent Byredo lack the quality.
Not only I but friends alike cannot get past that the scent quickly fades. And by that I mean quick, a couple of hours or so on the skin and like Houdinini poff gone..
I recommend it for the scent but would not be able to motivate the price tag for the low quality (20% according to a very poorly, about perfumes in general, informed staff) scent this is.

That said go check it out and spoil your nose for a few moments the top notes are remarkable.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Byredo Accord Oud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Byredo Accord Oud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Accord Oud by Byredo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Accord Oud by Byredo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.