Designers » B » Floral Green « Groups

Green Byredo for women and men
dislike

almond
Green Byredo for women and men Pictures Green Byredo for women and men Pictures

Green by Byredo is a Floral Green fragrance for women and men. Green was launched in 2008. Top notes are petitgrain and sage; middle notes are jasmine, rose, honeysuckle and violet; base notes are tonka bean, musk and almond.

Petitgrain Sage

Jasmine Rose Honeysuckle Violet

Tonka Bean Musk Almond

Covet
Eau de Narcisse Bleu

Green Fragrance Reviews

something_wild
something_wild

One of my favourite Byredo scents. I was lucky to get a 50ml bottle just after it was discontinued.

It smells like you're walking in a park on an early spring morning -Not a sound to be heard, the air is crisp, and dewy foliage softly brushes against your skin as you walk by.

The illustrious petitgrain and honeysuckle are softened by the almond and musc.

Super long lasting.

BeOrtega
BeOrtega

Byredo is a Swedish fragrance house and like most luxury items produced and or designed in Europe its made with quality ingredients

the swedes are known world wide for ikea and their clever designs but in this house hold they are held in the utmost regard for byredo

my first encounter with this house was when i first smelt bullion from that moment forward i knew this house was on my watch list

Byredo - Green is exactly as the name states and its not exaggerated in anyway as the heart of the fragrance screams green accords from the roof tops to anyone who will listen but as pleasant as this scent is i do find it to be a little to green and if it wasn't for the hint of florals and musk that my nose detects this would be a total miss

where this scent makes up for it is on the dry down as it slowly starts to round out some of its earthy edges leaving it with a nice smooth blend of citrusy aromatic & woodsy accords

on to the next

ps word to the wise make sure you dont over spray as this scent seem to get very head after 2 sprays

chove
chove

What a verdurous delight Green is! It provides the same joyous feelings of being in a meadow, exploding with intoxicating early summer growth, that can be found in such varying perfumes as L’Amandiere, Jasmin Vert and Liquid Dreams. But Byredos take on the genre is harsher than said contemporary colleagues. Consequently, Green is positioned right between those floral, brisk scents that also hold a powdery, historicising boudoir quality, and the earlier, iconic green-mongers who share a more woody-earthy verdure, like N° 19 and Cristalle.

Aromatic and deliciously floral, Green also provides perfectly proportioned almond and musky notes and a well behaved honeysuckle (not overly sweet). The perfume is actually so refreshing and uplifting that it ought to be generally prescribed, since whatever the varying preferences, nobody should be without a scent of this type, fitted to their own inclinations of course. My very own paragon for snappy, fresh greenery is Eau de Gucci (not the one listed in the Fragrantica database from -93, but the very different one from -82 with the blue and red belt on a clear bottle). It was my cherished in between scent for years and it will most likely be followed by Green.

Edit: Apparently Green has been discontinued. There are still bottles in circulation though, so ask for it even if you can't see it on display (25'th Jan)

AquaRaven
AquaRaven

I was lucky enough to find a full 100ml bottle on an online auction website. Since I have recently become a fan of Byredo, I snatched it up, even though I'd never had the pleasure of smelling it. I'm glad I bought it! It starts out as a very green fragrance, reminding me of freshly cut foliage. It then becomes a beautiful floral, mostly honeysuckle with a tinge of jasmine, violet, and rose, with an underlying almond sweetness and slightly powdery musk. Absolutely beautiful!

lilalina
lilalina

Lovely unisex perfume. Powdery almond, musky, soapy.. Fresh.. citrusy, slight sweetness. Great scent!

tosu
tosu

Just beautiful, it's like wet flowers and plants on an early summer morning.
Green, sweet and aromatic
On me great sillage and longevity

Scentmad

this is apparently for sale at parfuma's website

bchavi
bchavi

Why, oh, why, Byredo? Wearing the last bit of a sample of this today and hoping I can squeeze one more wearing out of the vial. This is fantastic stuff and perfect for the type east coast day we're having - sunny, 60's breezy, blooming and...GREEN! Why discontinue this one Byredo? Why not get rid of that M/Mink???

Scentmad

This perfume is delicious and sharp. This is extremely green, opens like the good old (pre-reform) Chanel 19 and dries down to Rochas' Femme and the journey from one to the other is wonderful, floral, green, herby with a restrained sweetness that I presume is a white floral.

To start off the initial blast is rather masculine (which is a winner for me) with and winds up being very feminine indeed (another tick in the box for me). This has been my first experience of this company's offerings and I have to say I really am impressed. They clearly use very fine ingredients and whilst this perfume is rather subtle, to my nose, in the dry-down and the fact it does sit very close to the skin with limited projection it's lovely and perfect for spring.

Hi everyone Oh yes this is one of my many favourite fragrances of all times and was so sad to hear that it was no longer going to be in production as in the case with a lot of the best fragrances the perfume houses just decides to discontinue them just as you wee getting use to a fragrance witch you search around for for such a long time and they just decide to get rid of it. I usually work in the fragrance sector myself so I know what it is like when something is no longer available. I thirst discovered this brand of fragrance back in (2006) or maybe (2007) in a prestigious department store in New York called Barneys. and I was instantly drawn to it. my first purchase of the fragrance brand was Pulp and a few more of the.the it was Gypsy water. at that time it was not available in the UK but later on it did eventually come over to the UK but was exclusive to a niche perfumer boutique in Belgravia Victoria and that is when I discovered Green. I sampled it there and then but It took not much persuasion for me to purchase it there and then. I liked it there and then as it had reminded me of a fragrance I used to use back in the middle to late eighties called Grey Flannel by fashion designer Jeffrey Beene who has sadly passed on but the fragrance is still around but quite rare to find. the Byredo Green reminds me of a new interpretation of that fragrance with a more of a modern twist to it unlike the Grey Flannel it is a bit more subtle warm and powdery but the Byredo Green has a more edgier smell towards it more crisp sharp and zesty. I was recently in pairs and I did manage to find maybe the last stocks of the Green in two stores. One was called Bonn Marsh but they only had 50 mills of the Green witch was near enough to the larger size if they had it in stock. but I ended up buying the (oud Immortel) having discovered the next day when I went to a small store witch I had gone to before on previous visits called Colette witch sells high end Avant Garde fashion and Niche & Bespoke perfumery they had it in stock so I didn't hesitate to purchase a bottle. all thoe I new the brand was already available in London Liberty's and Harrods they didn't stock Green anymore. but from my experience working in fragrance in some cases the perfume companies may Relaunch some of their iconic perfumes as in the case of (Yohji Yamamoto) witch has not that long ago come back into production and the earlier Donna Karen fragrances such as (Chaos) and (Signature) and (Fuel)for men. and soon to be Helmut Lang perfumes that is if they haven't yet been Relaunched as yet. these are the fragrances of the era these days a lot of the fragrances are not made the way how fragrance used to be made. a lot of them not all but the majority are chemical enhanced there are only a few companies such a Guerlain and Fragonard and Chanel and the niche perfume companies who are putting a lot more into creating that special fragrance with will with stand the test of time.

MLK

I love green perfumes and I am very disappointed that this has been discontinued. I will treasure my bottle and use it sparingly. It is a perfect summer time fragrance - not too overpowering and very easy to wear. What a shame it is not available anymore. Hopefully they will bring it back in the future?

Tati2585
Tati2585

Oh no!( such a bad news. I love this smell for its uniqueness, unpredictable smell, my personal smell with this fragrance:) I've just discovered it and pufffff......so pitty to hear that

Housebliss

I asked Byredo a question a few days ago regarding Green:

"Dear Alex,

Thank you for your mail and interest in BYREDO. I am sorry to let you know it actually was discontinued. We have a few at store stock, but most are out. And the online stock is all out. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with."

So there you go. If you like fragrances like this I suggest trying it before it's gone forever.

Housebliss

My second take on this. I love it even more than before. Don't let the first 5 minutes scare you off, as it does smell like grass and stems.

After a little while you're surrounded by light, heavenly flowers. Not too feminine, and not too masculine. It doesn't really smell like citrus at any stage, but retains a soft, soapy (in a very good way) fresh breeze. It even has a creamy tea vibe going on.

It's so easy to wear, and really becomes a part of your person. Do yourself a favor and at least try it. They better not reformulate this one, and if it's based on Gorham's memories of his father, who would want to reformulate a fond memory?

LANIER
LANIER

Green by Byredo is my favorite of the line. This green floral is said to be inspired by memories of the father of the creator of Byredo, Ben Gorham. Everyone should have such beautiful memories of their father.

Green is a blend of what you would expect in green notes which meet in the most unexpected and charming way with a classic French perfume vibe. A kind of sensuous green oriental mash up that makes this a very exciting and vibrant olfactory experience. Pure magic if you ask me. Just a few sprays and you are transported to the south of France in early spring.

The top opens with fresh sunny petitgrain and sharp slightly bitter sage. It could be a hillside in Italy or a orange grove in Southern California. Where ever it is you want to be there. Super green and inviting these top notes fade off but never leave the perfume.

In the mid notes we get a spring garden with rose blooming in the afternoon and jasmine filling the night with its distinctive lush beauty. The honeysuckle and violet are intertwined into the rose and jasmine creating a cerebral vision of a classic floral perfume. It is glittering but not overly glamorous.

The dry down is clean and slightly woody with the arrival of a warm tonka, white scrubbed musk and hard edged but not too bitter almond. This brings in a bit of the barbershop for me and boosts the perfumes masculine edge making it a floral for men that is easy to wear. And on a woman it is stunningly beautiful a perfect example of what the real essence of perfume should be. Without gender and made to be loved.

The down side for me is the longevity that I find in all the Byredo perfumes. They seem to last only a few hours on my skin. But the good news for Green is that it is at the top of the spectrum in this respect. It last on my skin from four to six hours. And with me reapplication is not a problem but a fun ritual. I only mention this because for some longevity is an important issue when paying for expensive perfumes. The silage is respectable at about three feet. With the short lifespan it does move toward a skin scent relatively quickly. Having addressed those issues, for me Green is a winner. It is a green fragrance that an oriental lover can embrace, a perfect meeting of city and nature.

FOUR GOLD STARS ****

(FOR THE STORY BEHIND MY REVIEW CHECK OUT MY BLOG, SCENTS MEMORY)

Housebliss

Silky smooth herbal soap. The kind of soap they lay out for you in your hotel room. The kind of soap you want as a perfume. Green is that perfume.

I often spend time at hotels. It's usually related to work, but I check in any time I want to relax, take a bath, and listen to soothing music on the information channel in my room. Green embodies the aforementioned.

It's a very relaxing scent. It lasts 8 + hours. Sillage is actually perfect as it floats around you. Very clean. It is expensive, $250. It's totally worth it.

Very, very highly recommended.

Really green fragrance!

The petitgrane note is the leading for sure.

I don't like petitgrane scent, so this fragrance is not for me. For green citrusy leaves lovers:)

I only can say that it's noticeable enough, comparing with many fragrances by this brand.

Thanx Allinug for the sample. A true unisex-scent. Green and some lovely flowernotes.. Fresh and crisp to use both in hot or cold weather.

Tack Allinug för provet. En klar unisex-doft. Gröna och härliga blomnoter. Fräsch och krispig -kan användas både i varmt o kallt väder.

MLK

I bought a large bottle of this fragrance as I love green scents and this one is very green and citrusy at first. After a while the citrus tones down and I'm left with a soft powdery musk which reminds me of Chanel 19 Poudre. Longevity is very good, I sprayed some on before going to bed and I can still smell it on my skin in the morning. Very soft and comforting scent, great on a warm day when you want to wear perfume that is not overpowering and lasts for hours.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: bright orange, quickly becomes bitter then fades into a green/white floral musk. The musk is very light and lets the herbal come into play more. Its fresh and wakes the sences.

Dry Down: Heavy Honeysuckle and light gourmandish almonds. The honeysuckle is beatiful and natural, and the almonds are a nice touch to its base. End of its life the musk sets in and creates a faint soapy scent. Im assuming its the white Jasmine.

Projection: High, people will smell you at least 6 to 10 feet away.

Longevity: Long lasting, 10 hours and up.

Overall: This is a very well made fragrance, and its easy to smell its note thru its changes. Best tranformations that Ive smelt besides Bond No 9 Coney Island. I do enjoy its dry down very much as its a sensual honeysuckle thats smells nice, but with its musk I find it more of a womans fragrance. I cant find myself wearing it, as people have asked if i was wearing perfume many times. But overall its beautiful!

Purchase? Yes if you enjoy aromatics and are a woman

AveParfum
AveParfum

Green is one of the most unique perfumes I've ever encountered. It's a green gourmand. I smell almonds on my skin for the whole duration of the perfume, which lasts at least 12 hours and projects very nicely the entire time. The almonds are so intense that it actually smells like chocolate on me and reminds me of Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker! It's kind of funny to say that Covet is the inexpensive dupe for this if you can't afford $150+, but they are similar enough that I thought it was worth mentioning.

In the first hour or two, I smell lots of green leaves, almonds, and newly bloomed honeysuckle. It's very aromatic.

After a couple hours, it starts to smell yummy like powdery Loukhoum with green leaves rather than rose.

In the last few hours, I smell much more musk than I would have expected considering it seemed so gourmand for so long. I love musk, so I think this is my favorite phase.

Green really captures my interest. It's very quirky. I like it a lot!

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Green is a fragrance I like but sadly don’t love. It’s bright and fresh but lacks the wow factor that you find with other Byredo fragrances like La Tulipe. The petit grain hits you initially and can be a little overpowering, but I can’t detect the sage. The floral middle notes work really well, and my abiding memory of Green is a mixture of jasmine, violets and rose. The musk and almond base notes are very subtle.

I love the bright and crisp petit grain opening of Byredo GREEN. After a few minutes, the scent smells closer to an organic green cleaning product, but somehow it does not become a scrubber.

Am I being slowly indoctrinated into the "clean" perfumery movement? I have to wonder, because I do not really think that this smells like anything more than the scent added to such cleaning products. I would like to use this to clean my bathroom, but I also do not mind it on my skin.

I guess that I am ultimately conflicted about Byredo GREEN. I should not like it, but I sort of do... Would I pay $200+ to smell like this? In a word: No.

fqjcior
fqjcior

You guys and gals are writing here this and that. The question is - have you ever tried a classic called Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene? Well, I doubt that. Green is less potent and more modern copy of Grey Flannel, which I like very much. That is why I like Green too. And I am thinking about buying a bottle for myself. But not for 195 bucks. That's for sure!

muza
muza

This one starts in a very sharp and artificial - and yes green! - way. But then it slowly transformes into a pleasant grassy soap, quite and inoffensive. I believe there are lots of more intreresting fragrances of this kind.

Marilie
Marilie

This is my first review and there are lots of other fragrances that I want to write about. But as there are so many people who don't like or don't see the uniqueness of Green, I shall start with this one.

I admit that Green is not a perfume that I want to wear everyday. Sometimes, green / Green is not enough: I long for fullier fragrances with more impression. But Green has character nonetheless. It starts with a stark petitgrain that is green and bitter. After a few minutes it fades and becomes more creamy and soft. It is still green (it never loses its green major note) but there are a few more floral notes lurking through.

When I wear Green I always think of this milky, white sap that gets on your fingers when you cut the stalk of a flower. It is that green!
It is the scent of thousands of flowers and leaves when they are all wetted and the air is full of their fresh, green aroma.
There is nothing dark or heavy in Green. It is the perfect spring fragrance although I like to use it in winter as well when I am tired of cold, grey days and cannot wait for spring to arrive.

Now, why did I say that I don't wear it all the time?
Because I normally want to wear perfume as a highlight, a scent that makes me feel special or beautiful or that warms me... (there a lots of reasons to wear perfume, you know all about it).
But Green is a pure scent, an outdoors-perfume and a perfume that doesn't distract.

If you want to be the star of the night - don't choose Green
If you have the need for sniffing your wrist all day long - don't choose Green
If you want to issue a statement with your perfume - don't choose Green.

However you should consider to test and wear Green if you love nature and the smell of nature. You should think about Green if the flamboyance of your usual floral, fruity, ambery, incense etc perfume annoys you sometimes. Green should be your choice when you need a perfume that is clean but still complex.

The longevity is great, I can smell Green for at least 5-7 hours. The sillage is medium - you and the people close to you will notice.

I hope this review helps to show that Green is not only about soap!

Tebbencia
Tebbencia

Great scent, great sillage, fantastic dry down, and completely individual. Perfect summer daytime scent.

judith
judith

To me Byredo Green is a fresh floral without citrus or marine notes.The drydown features honeysuckle as the predominant floral note.

Green lasted 10+ hours on me and at $195 USD it is worth the price.